Tuesday Forum: August 20, 2019

2,208 Responses to Tuesday Forum: August 20, 2019

1. Infidel Tiger

Fischer was not an anti-Semite.

He quite rightly slapped some sense into those appalling stupid J oos who blamed Pope Pius for not doing enough during the Holocaust.

2. Infidel Tiger

Great to see the latest shooter is Sheila.

Equality is our strength.

3. Stackja:

Huge crowds are spilling onto Sydney CBD streets after a train breakdown at Town Hall station halted services to North Sydney. Buses have replaced trains but there aren’t enough services to go around as the flow-on impact affects multiple lines across the network.

But at least they’ve got rainbow crossings!

4. Dut was this week assessed for his suitability to complete a community corrections order and hopes to walk free from jail tomorrow.

He pleaded guilty to two counts each of intentionally causing injury and threats to kill as well as a string of less serious offences.

George shoulda painted his face black for the court appearance.

5. Mater:

Yes. My faith in our justice system has been shaken that much. In the last couple of days, I’ve spoken to a number of cops and ex-cops who have expressed genuine fear following the appeal decision. No one is quite sure what the rules are now.

Can you expand on the genuine fear part for us please? I agree with the rest, but fail to see the fear part.

6. Fisky

Gillette doubled down on Woke and has now been totally humiliated.

Razor brand Gillette says it is “shifting the spotlight from social issues to local heroes” after an ad delving into “toxic masculinity” caused a customer backlash.
    The new ad, which launched last week, stars Australian firefighter and personal trainer Ben Ziekenheiner. “I’ve been a firefighter for 19 years,” Mr Ziekenheiner says in the ad.
    “People sometimes ask if it’s scary. It can be, but like anyone who has a job to do, you prepare — not just in terms of your equipment but also mentally and physically.”

7. Fisky

BTW – remember when Starbucks breathily announced in 2016 that it was going to hire tens of thousands of refugees to work as baristas? Have any “journalists” bothered to follow up on this promise?

Zulu Kilo Two Alpha
    #3138863, posted on August 23, 2019 at 9:28 am
    Cop-bashing thug mocks Victoria’s legal system

Comment on that article says that, in the 19990’s Victorians complained that the police were too heavy handed..

In the 1950s one policeman kept order in my Sydney suburb.

9. Cassie of Sydney

“stackja
    #3138859, posted on August 23, 2019 at 9:24 am
    Barack and Michelle Obama Are Buying This Island Retreat for $14.8M
    —and It’s Peculiar
    After years of vacationing in Martha’s Vineyard, Barack and Michelle Obama are reportedly in escrow on an estate on the southeastern coast of the island.”

On which they will be able to entertain their favourite chums…all fellow climate change hysterics…such as Hypocritical Harry and his skank….all of whom will fly in on their private jets….or on the private jets of friends.

Whilst not perfect…it is good to hear that William and Kate are a little more tuned in to the reality zeitgeist….”Prince William, Kate and their children have taken an economy flight to Scotland in the wake of the row over Harry and Meghan’s use of private jets. “..I have long thought that Kate knows exactly what is going on….she is, after all, the nice middle class girl from Berkshire. I suspect that Kate will be around for a lot longer than Sparkle Markle.

Huawei to slash Australian workforce in half due to 5G ban
    The Sydney Morning Herald-15 hours ago
    Huawei’s Australian workforce is set to be slashed by more than half due to the federal government banning the Chinese giant from providing .

Ren Zhengfei
    From Wikipedia
    He is the founder and CEO of Shenzhen-based Huawei, the world’s largest manufacturer of telecommunications equipment and second largest manufacturer of smartphones.
    Ren became a member of the Communist Party in 1958.

11. So – you really want civilians to be totally unarmed except for learning Jujitsu and having a working phone to call the cops?

Can’t use the NBN to call the cops. It don’t work.

The next time I am being murdered, I do hope the mobile coverage holds up.

12. Cassie of Sydney

“Razor brand Gillette says it is “shifting the spotlight from social issues to local heroes” “

Too late…as I wrote in a post above…..eternal damnation.

Stick with Schick.

13. Then again, I could bash them with the phone handset.

cohenite
    #3138893, posted on August 23, 2019 at 10:07 am
    BREAKING – Dr. Tim Ball wins @MichaelEMann lawsuit – Mann has to pay
    Anthony Watts / 39 mins ago August 22, 2019

Get Up to the rescue?

15. Old School Conservative

struth
    #3138860, posted on August 23, 2019 at 9:25 am
    I always say de – armed

Great word smithing.
    I’m pinching it.

16. Huawei to slash Australian workforce in half due to 5G ban…

I received a free Huawei LTE/Wifi modem/router and a free prepaid SIM. (Because nothing NBN is working).
    The prepaid activation wanted to know everything about me (including dicks size). Privacy policy states that the Telco will handover the information to whomever they please.
    Fsck ’em.

17. Does anyone but me read the “Privacy Policy”?

The smart woman who predicted the economic collapse of the Soviet Union by uncovering their creative accounting has been appointed to the board of the Federal Reserve.

Very timely, given how many US states are claiming to balance their budgets whilst debt continues to rise.

19. Mater

Fear for the system, Winston. They have to live here, too.
    Self preservation, too. Cops regularly get threatened with false accusations which would ultimately end in a ‘he said, she said’ situation.

Take this example:
    Cop: Ma’am, you’ve just blown over the limit, you are now under arrest for the purposes of …..
    Women: If you don’t let me go, I’ll tell everyone you asked me to suck you off.

Judges aren’t famous for liking, or believing, police. Where does this end up under the ‘new’ rules of evidence, if she turns out to be believable/credible?

It’s the doubt, and the fear that someone is going to point the bone at you. No one likes entrusting their freedom to the ‘feelz’.

20. Diogenes

Hence bodycams & cameras that record through the cars windshields.

It was said that the NSW Highway Patrol resisted the use of in car cams, but after seeing the number of (false) complaints about GD police on traffic stops drop, were clamouring to get them fitted

21. mh

Fisky
    #3138888, posted on August 23, 2019 at 10:02 am

Starbucks decided to switch from refugees to lezzos.

22. Infidel Tiger

Anyone using a single Huawei product is a freaking moron.

Using one of their phones should have you exiled.

23. Infidel Tiger #3138919, posted on August 23, 2019 at 10:35 am

Yup. +142

24. notafan

and how many of those were Australian citizens of long standing, if citizens at all?

I have zero cares

25. notafan

Was wondering about Harry and Meaghan

if they called their baby boy Harrison will a a daughter be Meaghansdaughter, I wonder?

26. Mitch M.

There is no excuse – none – for letting yourself turn into a great big fat bastard. Or bitch. None whatsoever.

The trend to perceive the obesity issue as primarily genetic is not shared by the medical profession because the current obesity explosion is obviously not genetically driven. The problem is that today so many people fail to realise that doctors exist not to keep us healthy but to address pathology. It is our job to keep ourselves healthy and for the very greater part genetic predispositions do not change that fact.

27. Mater:

Fear for the system, Winston. They have to live here, too.

Of course – didn’t think down that path.
    Yes it’s certainly a real danger for coppers. I’m also glad I’m out of the nursing game. I can already think of about a dozen instances where I would have been vulnerable to that kind of blackmail.

Winston Smith
    #3138926, posted on August 23, 2019 at 10:48 am

NSW sold out.
    What could possibly go wrong?

29. zyconoclast

Cash payment crackdown not enough to tackle Australia’s $50 billion black economy

In this day and age, where you can pay your bills on a watch, it’s getting harder to defend the use of cash which is more prone to use for illegal activities.

But the proposed $10,000 limit doesn’t go far enough and it should eventually be reduced, as envisaged by the Black Economy Taskforce. Other countries have much lower cash payment limits. A study by the European Commission indicates the most effective thresholds are much lower — around 1,000 euros ($1,630).

It’s time for Australian taxpayers and businesses who legally operate within the tax system to rise up and help stamp out tax evasion and money laundering.

Susan Franks is a senior tax advocate for Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand.

Grate. Looks like I’ll be walking to work from Redfern, if we ever get there.

Thanks, you f*cking staggeringly incompetent and utterly useless third world imbeciles.

That’s who’s running the trains, comrade.

31. Mater

Of course – didn’t think down that path.

Winston, think of all the men who have had vexatious AVO’s put on them as a leverage tool to get a favourable divorce finding, with no evidence. Take that to the next logical step.

This precedent will be used as a very effective intimidation tool. Who’s is now going to chance their arm against a false accusation?

It scares the shit out of me.

32. Mitch M.

Integrated Information Theory – approaching consciousness mathematically and empirically

On the link there are open access papers available. The project is fully open source so for those interested you can even download the modules to play with the mathematics.

It is an optimal scientific approach in that it is empiricism subject to mathematical modeling. Top marks for Tononi’s courage but realistically probably a premature approach but hey have to start somewhere.

Basically Tononi has developed a model of consciousness that is explained by the complexity of brain function that can approached mathematically. If it turns out to be true for the majority of humanity it will be a terrible truth because most cannot countenance the idea we are just a complicated blob of matter from which consciousness is emergent. So nothing after death, no hope of redemption. I wonder about the impact of such a truth because it seems we have evolved to need some means of overcoming the fear of death.

33. Stimpson J. Cat

Sad news re Tim Fischer. RIP.

He was an anti-Semite.

That surprises me, wasn’t he was a leading campaigner for Monash’s posthumous promotion to Field Marshal?

He wasn’t at all.
    This is just a bitter Essendon drug cheat supporter putting the boot in to a dead Sydney Swans supporter.
    Pay him no mind.
    😁

34. John Constantine

Strip searches result in a statistically irrelevant increase in detection of personal possession of drugs the courts no longer care about.

Results in a statistically significant rise in the number of young proles that fear and hate the paramilitary units enforcing the war on drugs.

Almost as if the desired social engineering result isn’t a decrease in drug use at all.

Comrades.

35. Stimpson J. Cat

approaching consciousness mathematically and empirically

Nah.
    It was a freak accident I think we will eventually find.

And thank God for that, am I right?

😁

36. DrBeauGan

Don’t worry about it. Given two theories, both of which account for the facts, choose the more comforting. Almost all women and most men follow this principle. No amount of mathematics will change this.

It’s known as the Great Jones’ Shaving Soap. Much less threatening than Occam’s Razor.

37. The Countess

I bought an Optus portable internet thingy. When it arrived and got unpacked it’s actually a Huawei. Guess I won’t be using it then.

38. Derp

The link doesn’t support that statement. Have a bit testicular fortitude and admit to your mistake/dishonesty.

I think the RSL sophistry set the new, low, bar for when called and caught out.

“Alas poor Yorick, tis but a metaphor.”

39. Stimpson J. Cat

Worry less about what happens after you die, and more about what you do right now.
    All of you should be working furiously on a cure for Male Pattern Baldness.
    Don’t waste your lives away.
    Make a difference.

Why full-fat milk is now OK if you’re healthy, but reduced-fat dairy is still best if you’re not

Sounds like climate milk disruption.
    4% fat into a cup of coffee is 4% of eff all.
    Comrade.

41. Mitch M.

True and even if it is unequivocally demonstrated it is will just require another revolution in our thinking. There are plenty of people in the world that live quite comfortably with the knowledge there is no escape. People in general are able to live well and morally with a multitude of different stories about why we are what we are. I think Tononi is on the right track and eventually the approach will be correct.

42. All of you should be working furiously on a cure for Male Pattern Baldness.

Don’t see the sense in that.
    Half the population is working furiously to remove hair.
    Stimp, you have something that people want.

Start working on moving the location (of hair) around.

43. Stimpson J. Cat

actually a Huawei. Guess I won’t be using it then.

Buy Oppo.
    It’s still Commie Ching Chong but I think one of the 8 year old factory workers has a cousins uncles sisters brothers nephew who knows a guy that is a Christian.

I am still coming to terms with the fact that the Gillette person thinks that personal trainers are “local heroes”.
    Apart from the little band of fitness acolytes each of them might have, the general consensus is that they are strutting wankers incapable of holding down a real job.
    I recommend that Mr Gillette marketing guy goes on a strict diet of 1980’s VB adverts(1) to get an idea of where he needs to go.

“You can get it shootin’
    You can get it rootin’
    Matter ‘o fact, I got it now
    When a man needs a good close shave …”

(1) Disclaimer. I only drink Belgian organic craft beers.with a paper straw and an umbrella in them.

45. Stimpson J. Cat

Stimp, you have something that people want.

Arse Hair Wigs are a thing?
    Are you serious?
    How much do they go for?

AVO abuse by women in divorce cases will not be helpful. Do they care?

47. Mitch M.

Arse Hair Wigs are a thing?
    Are you serious?
    How much do they go for?

Hair is not the issue Stimps. The real question you need to ask is where do I get my next tattoo?

Infidel Tiger

#3138919, posted on August 23, 2019 at 10:35 am

Anyone using a single Huawei product is a freaking moron.

Using one of their phones should have you exiled.

Don’t even allow someone to bring one into your house.

AVO abuse by women in divorce cases will not be helpful. Do they care?

I witnessed one incident where two episodes of abuse were alleged – on one occasion the alleged abuser wasn’t even in the same State, on the other he wasn’t even in Australia…

Milk fresh straight from the cow once was common. Consequences?
    None that I am aware of.

51. where do I get my next tattoo?

Wendy. Welcome to Jamaica and have a nice day.

Tatts are only good on flesh that does NOT change shape or size or stretches or shrinks or sags.

52. Milk fresh straight from the cow once was common. Consequences?
    None that I am aware of.

Brucellosis.
    Cow pox.

PvO is now the Chief Political Editor at…Channel 10!

More Wrongology at the low info channel.

stackja

#3138962, posted on August 23, 2019 at 11:40 am

Milk fresh straight from the cow once was common. Consequences?
    None that I am aware of.

We had a house cow when I was a kid.
    Nuffink wrong wiv me or me sibberlings.

Piercings work for the rest.

Zulu – What consequences are faced over such AVO accusations? False prosecution?

57. Stimpson J. Cat

Don’t even allow someone to bring one into your house.

Using Huawei is neither here nor there in the greater scheme of things.
    It’s far too late for that.
    Everything has Facebook or Google or Amazon etc etc.
    Just get some Ching Chong friends and you’ll be fine, my Aged White Children.
    Don’t be racist.
    😁

Brucellosis.
    Cow pox.

Brucellosis is largely eliminated in dairy cattle by vaccine given to female calves.
    But if your milk comes from a hippy anti-vaxxer farmer, maybe be careful.

Australia’s road system is a dangerous, collapsing serious of goat tracks.

Worsened by ever increasing first generation driver third worlders.
    Comrade.

60. Stimpson J. Cat

The real question you need to ask is where do I get my next tattoo?

If you aren’t in the Army, the Navy, or a Lesbian, a Homosexual, an Acronym, an Ethnic, a Popstar, or a person with a Hipster Beard, you have no business getting a tattoo.

61. Frank Walker from National Tiles

I sympathise with IT. I think our Doomlord has this wrong.

The WWII Pope Pius seriously considering assassinating Hitler and his heaps of Talmudic scholars in the Vatican itself as “priests”.

Pavlovian left-wing culture warriors: “BuT tHe PoPe WaS a WaRmOnGeR111!”

The KGB created many stories about Pope Pius.

63. Some History

Thus spake Greta™

Even out here in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean I hear about the record amount of devastating fires in the Amazon. My thoughts are with those affected. Our war against nature must end.

The Chinks may be surveying Anglo d1ck size.
    Comrade.

65. Stimpson J. Cat

I Can’t Wait Til We Get These In Australia!!!!
    The Future’s So Bright, I’ve Got To Wear Shades!

Chinese face recognition vending machine. No cash, card, or phone needed.

Are Huawei now using d1ck prints instead of retina or fingerprint ID?

67. Stimpson J. Cat

I sympathise with IT. I think our Doomlord has this wrong.

Of course he’s wrong.
    He’s an Economist, isn’t that their default state?

68. Frank Walker from National Tiles

HID heaps of “shoes” in the Vatican cloisters.

He HID them like a good old Where’s Wally book.

69. RobK

That requires a degree of forward planning and is inconsistent with capturing the “here and now”, forever in ink.

70. feelthebern

Shouldn’t numbers be at another funeral today?
    Mater, did he respond to your question the other day re funerals ?

71. mh

Chinese face recognition vending machine. No cash, card, or phone needed.

That won’t catch on with Jap males who are users of used panties vending machines.

Related to the subject of self defence, is the question of citizen’s arrests.
    We have seen two recently – crate-man in Sydney and samurai sword man in Melbourne.
    I have a theory about Samurai man. He has already (allegedly) murdered his brother and has been on the run for two years. One of the two (Mr A) who made the citizens arrest was on a list of Samurai man’s next targets and they grabbed him in the city, nowhere near the Mr A’s home afaik.
    What a coincidence!
    I suspect Mr A knew that VikPlod were fucking useless, did a bit of his own sleuthing and jumped the prick.
    Of course, VikPlod are embarrassed and, much as they would like to, they can’t do much about Mr A doing their job for them.
    Fatty Ashton was asked about citizens arrests on radio.
    Less than enthusiastic.

73. feelthebern

As I walked into my barbers this morning there was a 9.5/10 hot looking bird sitting outside vaping.
    30 mins later when I walked out, she was still there vaping in a very obvious manner.
    As it’s a pretty busy with foot traffic, I reckon she was a paid marketer .

Chinese face recognition vending machine. No cash, card, or phone needed.

Chinese face recognition?
    But they all look same.

75. Frank Walker from National Tiles

Fatty Ashton was asked about citizens arrests on radio.
    Less than enthusiastic.

I know right?

A goodly proportion of informants, senior police, prosectors and complainants probably do not like that idea.

It might make them accountable in Victoria.

76. 1735099

Now that’s an MX5.

Naysayers will bemoan this car as just a Miata. And they’re right. That is what makes it great. Because it’s just a Miata, it is no terrible sin to keep the top down, to let it snow inside as the car goes shouting at the mountains, the smell of fresh water and sage and eucalyptus in your lungs. Nothing about it is precious or rare. Leave those curses to the low-mileage Porsches, Ferraris, and Lamborghinis of the world. Let them languish in their garages. Burn an ocean of gasoline in their stead and wear your stone chips with pride, proof of where you’ve been and what you’ve seen.

77. mh

feelthebern
    #3138994, posted on August 23, 2019 at 12:13 pm
    As I walked into my barbers this morning…

Stop triggering Stimpy!

I’ve given the Tongans and Maoris your number.
    You explain why they aren’t top billing on the tatt list.

79. Frank Walker from National Tiles

I’m not taking motoring advice from some wealthy superannuated green-left eco loon (who is also against money and profit) pro Viet Minh commie twat who reckons a Mitsubishi PHEV is just as capable as a fully amped up Grand Cherokee Jeep with a monster V8 in it.

80. Stimpson J. Cat

As it’s a pretty busy with foot traffic, I reckon she was a paid marketer .

You should have asked her what she was selling and if she accepted Pension Cards.

Toodyay: Carjacking victim opens up about having to smash his own car with a crowbar
    Elle Georgiou7NEWS
    August 22, 2019 6:25PM

The victim of an alleged carjacking in Toodyay says he had no choice but to chase down the thief and smash up his own car to keep his town safe.

Shocking video of the car-theft-gone-wrong, north-east of Perth, emerged on social media earlier this week.

The incident left several cars, including Brenton Chrimes’, smashed and one person in hospital.

Mr Chrimes was working at his autoshop when his Monday afternoon descended into chaos.

The 37-year-old was forced to smash the windscreen of his own car with a crowbar to stop the man behind the wheel doing any more damage and to keep others safe.

“It was my new work ute. I’d literally only had it a couple of months,” he said.

“Yeah I’m pretty gutted, I’m going to miss me old ute.”

While the citizen’s arrest was an incredible show of people power, police say the public shouldn’t risk their own safety trying to apprehend someone who could be dangerous.

“I would just not want to encourage people to take unnecessary risks,” WA Police Commissioner Chris Dawson said.

Another citizen’s arrest, here, in the Wild West – note the coppers reaction.

82. ian3029

The only true MX5 is the original.

83. Stimpson J. Cat

I’ve given the Tongans and Maoris your number.
    You explain why they aren’t top billing on the tatt list.

Oh shut.
    Why are there all these great random people with lovely and noble traditional artworks representing their magnificent culture and accomplishments doing Hakas outside my window Bro?
    I’m going to start singing “You’re Welcome” from Moana.

NumbNutz Friday comedy routine.

85. Top Ender

Well written!

Those condemning Pell should remember Lindy Chamberlain
    CHRIS MERRITT

12:00AM AUGUST 23, 2019
    After the shattering defeat inflicted this week on George Pell, it might be difficult for many to ­accept that the cardinal is anything other than a dirty old man who has been dealt with properly and deserves his punishment.

Those who exhibit such certainty might do well to remember Pell has not yet exhausted all possible avenues of appeal. Until he does, those who have been quick to vilify him should remember what happened to Lindy Chamberlain.

After a similar nationwide ­frenzy, this innocent woman was wrongly accused, convicted by a jury and jailed for the murder of her baby, Azaria, who had been taken by a dingo at Ayers Rock.

Chamberlain’s eventual exoneration, immortalised in a film, did no favours for the standing of Australian criminal justice. Yet if Pell takes his case to the High Court and wins, the impact on the global standing of Australian justice will make the disgraceful treatment of Chamberlain look benign.

If the Pell case does come befor­e the nation’s highest court, this week’s dissenting ruling by Court of Appeal judge Mark Weinberg leaves the strong impres­sion the cardinal has a better-than-even chance of success.

Nothing is certain before the High Court but the analysis in Weinberg’s 204-page dissent is compelling. If the High Court agrees — and Pell lives long enough — the implications do not bear thinking about.

Legal academic Peter Kurti says Weinberg “meticulously dissects­ the case against Cardinal Pell and this suggests to me there are some real warnings and real indicators that should have been heeded by the other two justices”.

“The fact that they were not is very concerning because ­Weinberg is a very experienced criminal lawyer, a former common­wealth director of public prosecutions,’’ says Kurti, an ­adjunct associate professor in the school of law at the University of Notre Dame Australia. “This is a man who really does know crimin­al law backwards, whereas the other two do not come from a criminal law background.’’

Victoria is still struggling to come to terms with the Lawyer X affair. The state has also been affecte­d by a series of High Court judgments that have overturned decisions of the Court of Appeal.

Those cases are outlined in today’s legal affairs section of The Australian by legal academic Mirko Bagaric.

Weinberg’s dissent says the defence­ involved a detailed challenge to the prosecution case that was largely based upon “the unchallenged testimony of a significant number of witnesses, all of whom were of good character and reputable. It was not suggested that any of them had lied”.

The problem is that the defence also argued the allegations were “impossible”. It would have been better, as Weinberg writes, if this term had never been used.

To succeed, the defence merely needed to show there was a reasonable doubt about the prosecution’s case. It did not need to set itself the more onerous task of showing that the prosecution’s allegation­s were impossible. The fact the complainant might have been a good witness is not enough. If there was a reasonable doubt, Pell should have been acquitted, even if the defence failed to show the accusations were impossible.

Yesterday, a retired Supreme Court judge from outside Victoria, who is no fan of mine, took the trouble to contact me to make the point that “the case shrieks reasonable doubt”. Those doubts have been spelled out in fine detail by Weinberg. The risk now is that Pell, who is old and sick, might not live long enough for his case to be heard by the High Court.

CHRIS MERRITT
    LEGAL AFFAIRS EDITOR
    Chris Merritt has been legal affairs editor at The Australian since 2005. He was previously at the Financial Review.

Complete article – no link as no comments allowed

86. Mater

Shouldn’t numbers be at another funeral today?
    Mater, did he respond to your question the other day re funerals ?

I think that was KD’s question, but I believe he did.

87. Some History

Hee hee.
    William and Kate take budget flight from Norwich to Aberdeen

88. Derp

SMLE No.1Mk4

Is that SMLE No.1Mk4 or meant to be the SMLE No. 4 Mk 1?

89. Knuckle Dragger

Re: fat bastard.

I am 185cm and 95 kg. My Body Mass Index (BMI) according to the interwebby calculator thing is 28.1.

This, according to the website (which helpfully adds that pregnant chicks should not take notice of test results) means that I am mid-range overweight.

It went on to say that my ‘healthy’ weight range is between 62.6kg and 84.3kg.

So I mean no disrespect when I say that the BMI, along with its inventor (some Eurotrash in 1840ish) can eat a big bag of dicks.

Jesus Christ. They exclude punters from some jobs using this crock of freshly-laid, steaming shit.

90. John Constantine

Their “I am an activist” abc radio country hour Orc, Wazza the Red:

Announces he has ” Popped the Cherry” of a first time ‘weather talent’ on his radio program.

If it was a chick, not a bloke, this godless commo activist could have been driven from the airwaves, [ if he was Alan Jones, not a get-up drone].

Violence against women begins with language.

Wazza the cherry-popper.

They don’t take my complaints anymore.

Comrades.

91. Nothing is certain before the High Court …

FALSE.

They will go slow, so that everybody has forgotten whatever by the time it gets to the HC. ✅ Certain.
    The power of HC is ever expanding. ✅ Certain.

92. John Constantine

Big Australia has made us so rich that pools of general practitioners can do fly-in, fly-out cherry-picking of the nursing home thousand dollar an hour rounds in small country towns, maybe doing some prescription renewals in a clinic as well to fill in the day.

Mallee’s federal member says she will ask the head of the Tristar Medical Group why some doctors have experienced delays in payment when she meets with him in the next week.

The ABC has reported doctors from a number of Victorian clinics have complained about waiting up to eight weeks for pay, as the company faces financial issues.

Anne Webster says she wants to find out what needs to be done to improve access to health services in rural and regional Australia.

Ms Webster says she will be speaking directly with Tristar CEO Dr Khaled El-Sheikh.

“I’ll be having a frank conversation with him and hopefully we can look at ways to move forward. I want to see how they are seeing things, I want to see what they think are the solutions to the current issue.”

Ms Webster says doctors don’t want to work long hours or in one-doctor clinics, and that creating networks to service multiple towns is the way forward.

93. Chris

SMLE No.1Mk4

Hey I just bought my son’s 1916 SMLE. I guess its really a No 1 III* or No 4 is the choice for most of us, but I demonstrate shooting history to groups of people and this old feller is going to really have a place in that.
    I just put a comment at the Oz re our history and Tim Fischer:

Tim Fischer betrayed a million innocent people when he fell in behind the media in condemning legal gun owners and farmers to legislative abuse, who tried to defend their good names after Port Arthur.

Obviously one of those pig-headed unintellectuals channel 10’s chief political editor complained about.

95. Top Ender

Knuckles, take solace from the fact that General “Stormin” Norman Schwarzkopf immediately junked the BMI standard, once he made head honcho of the US Army.

They used to fail him every year, and then he had to do a no eating diet to get back in the required range.

Was 1.91m tall.

Their “I am an activist” abc radio country hour Orc, Wazza the Red:

All class at Their ABC.
    Was it in a urinal trough?

97. John Constantine

Body Mass Index.

The body shade of the future australian is required to be five foot nothing and a hundred pounds.

This increases the profits of property developers, public transport providers and allows for increases in population density.

Excess male muscle is Obesity, vegynsys diets will socially engineer this threat to our elites away,

Comrades.

And there was a recent Bair Bair Cair show saying that middle aged folk bragging of restaurant toilet sex was orff.

99. Johno

I just received an email from NRMA telling me that the Koala is endangered,but, if I buy a policy off them they will plant a gum tree and save the little fella.

I sent an email back saying ” shove the Koala and the gum tree and your virtue signalling up ya clacker”

Should I have been rude, instead?

100. Kev

I have nothing bad to say about Tim Fischer but today’s OZ mentions this;

He called for greater understanding for the plight of Palestinians and spoke out against Israel’s military incursions into Lebanon, incurring the ire of Australia’s influential Jewish lobby.

I don’t know if that makes him an anti-semite but I can see how people would think it does.

101. Stimpson J. Cat

This is shockingly obese Knuckles.

Call up the Tinder harem and get some exercise stat!!!

Sydney trains are made by Japs/Koreans and it shows.

103. feelthebern

Noooo..
    Nothing derails a thread like BMI does.
    It’s up there with:
    Abortion;
    Vietnam;
    Thermomix;
    & now toast.

104. feelthebern

PS, where is my toast ?

105. Mitch M.

The Belgian mathematician designed BMI to inform the country of its general nutritional status. It was never designed to be a metric for individuals. Forget about BMI, waist circumference is a much better indicator. Visceral fat is the real danger.

106. Some History

PS, where is my toast ?

In the Thermomix. Also can’t understand why you aborted your trip to Vietnam, particularly when it could have reduced your BMI.
    🙂

107. Percy Popinjay

That’s who’s running the trains, comrade.

That was exactly my point.

A leftoid Philosopher has posited that consciousness consists of micro emotions.
    He likes to point out the similarity of termite mounds (colonies of dumb individuals) to human designed Cathedrals.
    Humans now construct complexity that no single human can fathom in its entirety – just the technology in your smartphone covers many areas of human endeavour, from radio comms to high level code.
    Comrade.

109. feelthebern

It’s Sinc’s blog, but I would be adding BMI to the naughty words list.

110. Percy Popinjay

Of course he’s wrong.
    He’s an Economist, isn’t that their default state?

Enough – there are are two distinct types of economists – those that are wrong about everything 91.3% of the time and those that are wrong about everything all the time.

The Perfesser and meself are in the first group.

A prolonged bout of Bombay belly might fix BMI?

That was exactly my point.

Roger, Oeuvre.

113. Stimpson J. Cat

Belgian Scientists are very noble people indeed. 😁

Even Julia Baird was doing Economist jokes on Teh Dumb.
    Sad.

115. Some History

Q: What’s the difference between a dead skunk in the road and a dead lawyer in the road?

116. Des Deskperson

There’s an item on the ABC News Website about my local member, ACT Labor MLA Bec Cody:,

speaking out, as they say, about the domestic violence the suffered at the hands of a former husband.

I’ve no reason to disbelieve Ms Cody’s claims and I abhor domestic violence. She does, however, have a reputation as a stakhanovite and somewhat crass self-promotor. Cats may recall how, early in 2017, she took a considerable deal of offence at ‘racist’ wash room wall tiles in a NSW South Coast club that featured Indigenous motifs

The photo in the item of her voting in her wedding dress – in the 1993 Federal Election – that allegedly made her firmer husband lose it was later widely featured in her 2016 election campaign, presumably intended to illustrate her dedication to Labor and its causes. The bit about her former hubby’s reported reaction to it wasn’t mentioned then. I detest, of course, his behaviour but I thought that all the photo showed was a crude and obvious stunt.

Cody, BTW, is reportedly closed aligned politically with the CFMMEU.

117. DrBeauGan

The critical time when the idea of us human beings being equipped with an immortal soul will take it’s biggest knocking is when sexbots are programmed to show affection and declare their love for their owner. They can also claim to be real women, which is now enough to guarantee that they are. Men will want to marry them. And the precedent for love conquering all has also been set.

So when the owner dies and has his sexbot switched off and buried with him, does only the man go to the life eternal? We know that an immortal soul wasn’t in the design spec of the sexbot, so there’s no hope that it can accompany him. It seems very unfair. How you a benevolent god of Love permit the separation?

If I’m around to see it, I’ll start a sect which assures people that god will give the sexbots immortal souls too. Theologians can dispute exactly when this happens.

I shall charge high fees for belonging to my sect.

Cynics can offer the theory that the owner doesn’t have an immortal soul either. There won’t be many takers.

118. Some History

A: There are skid marks in front of the skunk.

119. Some History

Q: Why did New Jersey get all the toxic waste and California all the lawyers?

120. Some History

A: New Jersey got to pick first.

121. zyconoclast

Electricity report should not be a cause for panic, with the chance of mass blackouts small

Don’t panic! The breathless reports about millions of Australians facing blackouts this summer are a tad overblown.

Read the actual report by the Australian Energy Market Operator (known as AEMO) — and there it is, hidden in bold typeface, at the top of the key findings:

“All regions other than Victoria [are] expected to meet the current reliability standard for electricity supply this summer” — and for the next 10 years.

That standard requires the risk of an unexpected loss of power to consumers to be no higher, on average, than 0.002 per cent.

Or put it like this — outside of Victoria, the prospect that you’ll have reliable electricity supply at a given point in time is 99.998 per cent.

This doesn’t mean there won’t be blackouts.

It’s always a risk when there are a series of unfortunate events: a massive heatwave hitting multiple states combined with power stations breaking down or storms taking out power lines, for example. But the risks are not extreme.

He also says that blackouts in the circumstances being warned of could be avoided entirely if all Victorians turned off their air-conditioners for less than five minutes.

Trade-off between reliability and cost
    As prudent as building new capacity may be, increasing supply comes at a cost.

And what we are essentially funding is spare capacity to meet the few days a year when there are massive spikes in demand.

Ask yourself this: does it make more sense to spend tens of billions of dollars building new power plants that we only need 1 per cent of the time, or to reward customers for using less electricity during the limited periods when demand is sky high?

And renewable energy is now much cheaper than new coal-fired power stations that would add to greenhouse gas emissions.

AEMO released a report last year based on detailed modelling on the least costly ways to replace the capacity lost as old coal-fired power plants shut down.

In its view, the cheapest way to replace it is a portfolio of resources including solar, wind and renewable energy storage complimented by a small number of flexible gas plants to meet peaks in demand.

Coal didn’t rate a mention.

122. The Countess

Imagine commuting when the power goes out altogether right across the network. Then imagine what happens when the buses only work until they run out of fuel.
    We ain’t seen nothin’ yet.

123. zyconoclast

The case for strategic and managed climate retreat

Faced with global warming, rising sea levels, and the climate-related extremes they intensify, the question is no longer whether some communities will retreat—moving people and assets out of harm’s way—but why, where, when, and how they will retreat. To the extent that retreat is already happening, it is typically ad hoc and focused on risk reduction in isolation from broader societal goals. It is also frequently inequitable and often ignores the communities left behind or those receiving people who retreat. Retreat has been seen largely as a last resort, a failure to adapt, or a one-time emergency action; thus, little research has focused on retreat, leaving practitioners with little guidance. Such a narrow conception of retreat has limited decision-makers’ perception of the tools available and stilted innovation. We propose a reconceptualization of retreat as a suite of adaptation options that are both strategic and managed. Strategy integrates retreat into long-term development goals and identifies why retreat should occur and, in doing so, influences where and when. Management addresses how retreat is executed. By reconceptualizing retreat as a set of tools used to achieve societal goals, communities and nations gain additional adaptation options and a better chance of choosing the actions most likely to help their communities thrive.

124. Stimpson J. Cat

Good.
    Victoria is actually a province of China anyway, much like Hong Kong.
    It’s not really part of Australia.

T1 Sydney Trains

@T1SydneyTrains
    A loose hatch on top of a train is close to overhead wiring at Town Hall. To secure safely, the power from this section of track must be isolated. Our electrical crews are working to do this ASAP, and repair crews will then secure the hatch safely. Your patience is appreciated.

Mo due diligence required?

126. zyconoclast

Private investment funds are circling Australia’s Clean Energy Finance Corporation hoping for a sale of the $10 billion government-owned organisation, as its head flags a major shift in how taxpayer funds are used to support the booming industry.

In an interview that will spark debate over whether the fund should be privatised like its counterpart in Britain, CEFC chief executive Ian Learmonth said he would shift his focus to strengthening the grid’s reliability because banks had become more comfortable financing large-scale wind and solar projects.

127. notafan

Just when you thought numbers was the weirdest poster here

out comes the sexbotologist

128. zyconoclast

This is proof that Jacinda Adhern is not the biggest freak in NZ

Wellington: New Zealand MP Tāmati Coffey’s baby son, Tūtānekai Smith-Coffey, had a chance to sit in the big chair in Parliament on Wednesday – and it gave House Speaker Trevor Mallard a chance to show off his dad skills.

Coffey, the Labour MP for Waiariki, and partner Tim Smith welcomed Tūtānekai, born by surrogate, in July.

On Wednesday the wee lad visited Parliament and got to sit in the Speaker’s chair – and on the knee of Speaker himself.

Mallard, a father of three, has shown before that he is right at home with the country’s littlest citizens. Back in November 2017, he shared his seat with Labour MP Willow-Jean Prime’s then three-month-old daughter Heeni.

This time, Mallard tweeted a picture of himself feeding a happy-looking Tūtānekai.

“Normally the Speaker’s chair is only used by Presiding Officers but today a VIP took the chair with me. Congratulations @tamaticoffey and Tim on the newest member of your family,” Mallard tweeted.

129. Leigh Lowe:

Doesn’t the straw get up your nose?

130. feelthebern

I’m still getting over all the Asahi I drank last night at a Japanese restaurant.
    I was only planning on having a couple but before I knew it, I’d downed 6 or 7.

131. Knuckle Dragger

‘sexbots…… declare their love’

Well, someone’s been watching Archer and his Russian sexbot.

You know, the one who left her vagina soaking in the bathroom sink while she was off doing something else.

132. zyconoclast

Cleveland cop urinated on 12-year-old girl waiting for school bus while recording on cellphone, prosecutors say

CLEVELAND, Ohio — A Cleveland police officer tried to kidnap a 12-year-old girl waiting for her school bus and urinated on her while he filmed the interaction, prosecutors said.

Officer Solomon Nhiwatiwa, 34, is charged with attempted kidnapping, pandering obscenity, disseminating material harmful to juveniles, assault, endangering children, child enticement, interfering with custody and public indecency. He is set to be arraigned on Monday.

He was suspended without pay until the case is concluded. He was hired as a police officer in 2014.

According to the Cleveland Division of Police, Nhiwatiwa was hired in March 2014 and serves as a patrol officer in the Third District. ABC 5 reported that Nhiwatiwa has been disciplined three times in five years by the Cleveland Police Department.

In 2018 he was suspended for insubordination. Later that year he received another suspension for improper procedure and unprofessional conduct. Then, in 2019, he received his third suspension for failing to secure police property and had to reimburse the police department for the missing item.

133. RobK:

I regard tatts as a good indicator of poor impulse control. Good when you’re not in your home town on holiday and single.

‘sexbots…… declare their love’

Will folk soon pay to watch sexbots bonking each other, or am I behind the curve?

It might make them accountable in Victoria.

Accountable?
    FMD!
    The day after the citizens arrest, VikPlod were virtue signalling by issuing a profound kow-towing apology to gays who were raided at the “Tasty” nightclub 30 years ago.
    So, yeah, we’ve got a fag-apology taskforce, but murderers?
    Catch your own.
    Incidentally, they also had an old fag on saying he was arrested way back when for rogering a chap in the back of a car.
    Why is Plod apologizing for enforcing the law of the day?

136. zyconoclast

Setting the record straight on the benefits, and heavy costs, of immigration to Canada
    Opinion: The average recent immigrant in Canada imposes a fiscal burden of $5,300 annually

137. Frank Walker from National Tiles

It went on to say that my ‘healthy’ weight range is between 62.6kg and 84.3kg.

The idea that a 6’1″ man ought to weigh 137 lbs is fucking preposterous.

138. zyconoclast

The idea that a 6’1″ man ought to weigh 137 lbs is fucking preposterous.

160 lbs is closer to the normal midpoint

139. Rossini

Leigh Lowe
    #3138967, posted on August 23, 2019 at 11:45 am

As did we!

140. feelthebern

How did VicPol go with shooting up that swingers party last year?

141. feelthebern

Will Freo win this weekend?
    The usual bounce back post a coach sacking ?

142. Frank Walker from National Tiles

160 lbs is closer to the normal midpoint

Maybe if you’re a serious marathon runner!

143. Stimpson J. Cat

How did VicPol go with shooting up that swingers party last year?

Better than the one at the Coffee shop.

144. Stimpson J. Cat

Can everyone please use kg instead of lbs, in all seriousness I can’t convert them and it’s very frustrating also we are in Australia thank you.

Not just overturned.
    Kicked to the kerb and dropped in the dumpster with extreme prejudice.
    In the lawyer X Gobbo suppression case, the HCA stopped just short of accusing VikPlod and the Victorianistan Gummint of lying and contempt.

146. feelthebern

The AFR put this story up at 1:24pm.

It’s paywalled.
    The legal affairs editor has a crack at Weinberg.

147. feelthebern

Better than the one at the Coffee shop.

That was NSW Police.
    Yes the plods who threw a flash-bang at their own feet & shot one of the hostages.

Stimpson J. Cat

#3139123, posted on August 23, 2019 at 2:26 pm

Kgs are more bigger than pounds.
    Get Spud to convert for you.
    He is a maths whizzer.

149. feelthebern

1 pound = 93.1% vote against Trump.

150. mizaris

One is roadkill and the other is a good lawyer?

151. feelthebern

2 pounds = another funeral for a blood brother from ‘nam.

152. Frank Walker from National Tiles

Mirko “Berkarvic” Bagaric

From the archives:

Last month I criticised Deakin University academic Mirko Bagaric for arguing that higher tax would make us happy. In today’s Age he is again arguing that pain can make things better, by defending torture.

I’m not going to listen to criticism of Pell or Weinberg from some left-wing idiot who defends torture.

153. Stimpson J. Cat

An innocent bollard is going to get injured in a high speed chase soon you mark my words.

154. feelthebern

3 pounds = numbers the movie.

155. Stimpson J. Cat

He’s just a Slav Dot.
    They are all like that.
    The Women are far worse.

156. feelthebern

There’s a movie coming out that tries to re-write history (again).
    This one is called The Report.
    The premise is that Dianne Feinstein didn’t know about the CIA torture centres post 9/11 & has her staffer track down the truth.
    FFS, she was on the overnight committee that knew about it every step of the way.

157. feelthebern

Oversight.
    Not overnight.

158. feelthebern

It’s Valerie Plame all over again.
    There have been 2 movies (plus a scene the in the Vice movie) that defame Dick Cheney & Scooter Libby.
    It was Dick Armitage who outed Plame & then didn’t have the balls to resign & take responsibility for it.

159. feelthebern

It’s Valerie Plame all over again.
    It was Dick Armitage who outed Plame & then didn’t have the guts to resign & take responsibility for it.

160. feelthebern

Sinc, can you please take b*lls off the naughty word list.
    & maybe add BMI to the naughty word list.

161. Leigh:

In all seriousness, can the Courts demand a government go back to the people and bring in the administrators until the elections are held?

162. Frank Walker from National Tiles

There’s a movie coming out that tries to re-write history (again).
    This one is called The Report.
    FFS, she was on the oversight committee that knew about it every step of the way.

LOL

Feinstein and Eshoo also set up the criminally contemptuous Blasey Ford allegations.

I am starting to sympathise with older conservatives here that the Democrats are just crooks.

163. Top Ender

Sydney commuters outraged as trains grind to a halt in morning peak hour

Isn’t that what they’re supposed to do?

At the stations, obviously.

This is the result of introducing bachelor degree requirements for journalists.

164. feelthebern

According to Hollywood:
    JFK & Vietnam noble & good;
    LBJ & Vietnam errrr;
    Nixon & Vietnam the devil.

165. Frank Walker from National Tiles

From elsehwere

Christine Blasey Ford, Rep. Eshoo and Sen. Feinstein ought to be in gaol for the farce they perpetuated against the US Congress and Justice Kavanaugh.

It was outright fraud. Follow the whole story. Eshoo, Ford and Feinstein along with a Dem. contributor cooked the whole thing up.

18 U.S. Code § 1001. Statements or entries generally

(a) Except as otherwise provided in this section, whoever, in any matter within the jurisdiction of the executive, legislative, or judicial branch of the Government of the United States, knowingly and willfully—
    (1) falsifies, conceals, or covers up by any trick, scheme, or device a material fact;
    (2) makes any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or representation; or
    (3) makes or uses any false writing or document knowing the same to contain any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or entry;

shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 5 years or, if the offense involves international or domestic terrorism (as defined in section 2331), imprisoned not more than 8 years, or both. If the matter relates to an offense under chapter 109A, 109B, 110, or 117, or section 1591, then the term of imprisonment imposed under this section shall be not more than 8 years.

(b) Subsection (a) does not apply to a party to a judicial proceeding, or that party’s counsel, for statements, representations, writings or documents submitted by such party or counsel to a judge or magistrate in that proceeding.
    (c) With respect to any matter within the jurisdiction of the legislative branch, subsection (a) shall apply only to—
    (1) administrative matters, including a claim for payment, a matter related to the procurement of property or services, personnel or employment practices, or support services, or a document required by law, rule, or regulation to be submitted to the Congress or any office or officer within the legislative branch; or
    (2) any investigation or review, conducted pursuant to the authority of any committee, subcommittee, commission or office of the Congress, consistent with applicable rules of the House or Senate.

166. old bloke

egg_
    #3138982, posted on August 23, 2019 at 12:00 pm

The Chinks may be surveying Anglo d1ck size.
    Comrade.

Here’s a thought to ponder. African males have larger dangly bits than Anglo males, who in turn are more endowed than Asian men.

Conversely, Asians have higher intelligence than Anglos, who are more endowed in that department than Africans.

Therefore, dangly bit dimensions have a direct bearing on intelligence.

167. old bloke

mh
    #3138992, posted on August 23, 2019 at 12:12 pm

Chinese face recognition vending machine. No cash, card, or phone needed.

I thought they all looked the same.

Asians have higher intelligence than Anglos

Que?
    Coming from Feudal societies?

169. The Chinks may be surveying Anglo d1ck size.

So instead of face recognition, dick recognition software would be more reliable.
    Only a few steps away from dicks having a “social license”.

Hew sheela! Scan this!

170. “I scanned your dangly bits and the ministry of dicks, says that your license to root has expired.”

171. Infidel Tiger

Asians have higher intelligence than Anglos

Define intelligence.

And then define “Asian”.

I see a few billion “Asians” still eating with sticks and farming with oxen. IQ is a load shite.

Even Julia Baird was doing Economist jokes on Teh Dumb.

“Didn’t someone say: ‘Economists are like (stopped) clocks – they’re right twice a day’?”
    To Adam Creighton re the US Fed Reserve Interest rate drop.

173. Medicare card ✅
    Gun license ✅
    Drivers license ✅
    Myki license ✅
    Dick license and registration ✅
    Catholic license and registration ✅
    Christian license and registration ✅
    AFL license to boo ✅
    Duck hunting license ✅

I need a bigger wallet!

174. RobK

I need a bigger wallet!
    Don’t sweat, it will all be on your medical records file.

Dick license and registration ✅

Aren’t ba lls a pseudo vag, in case of waxing?

176. Good point egg, but we need to get serious about catholics.
    Given the way they clog up the court system, we should just gaol them as soon as they are charged and skip the trial step.
    Large gold stars for visual identification and electronic ankle bracelets to track them. Both should be compulsory for all catholics.
    It’s all about efficiency. I’m sure the ABC and Vikpol would be onboard with this.

Aaannd … Fatty Ashton cops another smackdown in Court.
    Tried to keep the lid on the Gargelarse Bourke St clusterfuck, but failed. Once again he tries to hide behind the junior uniformed ranks.
    “Ooooh … but privacy of officers directly involved.”
    Ummm, no.
    We can assign all of them pseudonyms – Hewey, Dewey, Louis, Goofy, Daffy, Mickey, Donald – until we run out of Disney characters.
    Or for the less imaginative, Officer A1, Officer A2 etc.
    Then, at the end, we can ask if Officer C3, who was the mastermind behind the fuck-up, still has a badge.
    Of course, we might find that Officer C3 was acting under directions from Deputy Commissioner for Public Relations.

I thought they all looked the same.

Apprently, it’s a common belief in China that all westerners look the same..

Asians have higher intelligence than Anglos

American WASPs have the highest IQ in the US of any group.

we need to get serious about catholics.

Any institution that hasn’t been whiteanted by the Left, is fair game to them.
    Hence, Julia Baird’s attacks re wyminses role in the Church.

The idea that a 6’1″ man ought to weigh 137 lbs is fucking preposterous.

160 lbs is closer to the normal midpoint

Midpoint of what? What would you call 5’10” and 230lbs? Asking for a friend.

This looks so wimpy, so ghey, it’s as bad as Harry’s escapade with private jets.

William, Kate, fly budget airline

Prince William and family book $132-a-seat flight, after Harry and Meghan’s $36k trip.

183. Mitch M.

Asians have higher intelligence than Anglos

Northern Asians it is only a few points. The Ash. Js have an incredible average verbal IQ of 117.

American WASPs have the highest IQ in the US of any group.

Preponderantly Lefties.

You can doubt IQ all you like but as Jordan Peterson stated it is the most validated psychometric.

It matches with just about every other measure of life success. Consider the Ash. Js, inordinately over represented in Nobels, business, finance, and make great comedians.

184. Mitch M.

Midpoint of what? What would you call 5’10” and 230lbs? Asking for a friend.

My BMI was always high because of all the gym work in my early 20’s. It is a useless metric. Visceral fat, that’s the problem. It drives inflammation. You can have a good BMI but still have too much visceral fat.

Frank Walker from National Tiles

#3139169, posted on August 23, 2019 at 3:06 pm

From elsehwere

18 U.S. Code § 1001. Statements or entries generally

I have reached the stage where I believe not one leftie will ever be held to account for what happened to Trump. None. Look at what happens in Australia. Pell convicted in one of the strangest court processes ever seen while tits and the slapper are still walking around.

Mitch

This is where I have doubts. I think anyone with say and IQ of 120ish, which incidentally, by definition is quite high can achieve pretty much anything he wants to in life if focused enough.

The reason is that, even though we try to pretend, most things in life aren’t that hugely complex and with enough focus you can possibly master pretty much all. I don’t mean you will be the best in the world at something… but you will be able to perform the task.

187. Cassie of Sydney

“JC
    #3139218, posted on August 23, 2019 at 4:23 pm
    Asians have higher intelligence than Anglos

American WASPs have the highest IQ in the US of any group.”

No I am pretty sure that in the US it is Northern Asians who have the highest IQ….Chinese, Japanese and Koreans followed by my lot..Ashkenazi Jooooos.

188. Mitch M.

Mitch

JC for the most part true. Going to a dinner with my family I said most of the time at work we are in robot mode. My brother, successful in finance, and his son, currently specialising in medicine, agreed.

But for true academic success, not just pumping out papers, 130+ is much better. For mathematicians and physicists, average is above 140. For mathematicians and physicists their best work is typically done before the age of 40 so they had better get cracking in their early career.

As I have previously stated the best possible metric is IQ + conscientiousness.

Visceral fat, that’s the problem.

Anything around the guts, subcutaneous or visceral is a problem. A lean guts is half the battle. SARMs can achieve that; and a lot of exercise, eating the right food and not getting on the piss.

Cassie

I think I may have read about at Steve Sailer’s blog some while ago. From memory, it was very specific in terms of who were included in the WASP group. It wasn’t just regular riff raff.

Justice Kelly told the court she would have given Rostron a longer non-parole period if he was not an Aboriginal man.

“The life expectancy of Aboriginal men is 52.5, for non-Aboriginal Territory men 64.7… if it had not been for Mr Rostron’s ill-health and the concomitant risk that a very long non-parole period may well be an actual life sentence for him, I would have considered a non-parole period of at least 30 years to be warranted,” she said.

From cohenite’s link.

In a bizarre situation that should surprise nobody … Australia has multiple layers of self-contradictory legislation. Although telcos are obliged by law to give customers the third degree … at the same time the Australian Privacy Principles (cornerstone of the privacy protection framework in the Privacy Act 1988) establishes every Australian’s fundamental right to lie about their dick size when asked.

193. Mitch M.

From cohenite’s link.

I just read
    Australian men’s life expectancy tops other men’s

74 years for the whole country. Northern Territorians: too much piss. For aboriginals a whole host of reasons including some genetic factors and is an example of where a wise person will take into account a genetic predisposition requiring some specific lifestyle strategies. But you can’t make those recommendations in Aus … .

194. bespoke

calli
    #3138745, posted on August 23, 2019 at 7:14 am
    All the elderly militia talk last night brought this to mind.

G-Team survival Guide.

195. bespoke

Stimpson J. Cat
    #3138955, posted on August 23, 2019 at 11:33 am
    Stimp, you have something that people want.
    Arse Hair Wigs are a thing?
    Are you serious?
    How much do they go for?

Why not since some cat’s swoon over Sinc’s double chin.

196. The Beer Whisperer

Therefore, dangly bit dimensions have a direct bearing on intelligence.

Dur, nah, u rong!!! 😁

197. Old School Conservative

I mentioned here some time ago that exactly the same analysis was incorrectly done on my son.

Professional rugby player in the UK.
    6’4″ and 105 kgs.
    Broad shoulders, deep chest*, not an ounce of fat, in heavy training in the middle of the rugby season.

Went to the NHS for a flu he couldn’t shake. Nurse did the BMI calc and ruled him obese!

*yes I know he must be the milko’s son not mine.

198. Des Deskperson

Hereis an interesting news item

Sydney magistrate Graeme Curran has been sentenced to two years and four months in jail for indecently assaulting a teenage boy between 1981 and 1993, reportedly referring to him as his ‘little chicken’.

It is interesting, as it not, to compare Curran’s sentence with the six years handed down to Cardinal Pell, both figures in the community, both involved in a ‘breach of trust’.

I don’t know the details of the Curran case and there may well be circumstances supporting the his sentence, but the fact that the abuse was prolonged would, prima facie, seem to make it very serious indeed in comparison to Pell’s crime

199. bespoke

Knuckle Dragger
    #3138780, posted on August 23, 2019 at 7:58 am

✔😁

200. Des Deskperson

Oh, and on Ten News tonight, Sandra Sully told us just now that technicians working to restore train services in Sydney had to crawl into the tunnels to reach a ‘centuries old’ switch.

There were electric trains operating in Sydney in 1819?

201. Top Ender

Interesting:

A Northern Territory man who shot and killed five members of his own family, including his infant sons, will be released from prison on parole after more than 30 years behind bars.

So he gets a life sentence for killing one person. So say 30 years.

And then he gets another four life sentences for killing another four people.

So sentences 2-5 of 30 years x 4 – TO BE SERVED AT THE SAME TIME.

How is that justice – you get the same punishment for doing 5 things as you do for one thing?

Good thinking, bespoke.

I always fret over what sort of container to use for the rum ration. That looks perfect. Easily concealed, flexible and you can attach a handy tube.

Cop-bashing thug who boasted of playing ‘race card’ walks free
    SHANNON DEERY, Herald Sun
    August 23, 2019 10:06am

A young cop basher who bragged he’d get away with savagely beating two policewomen because he was black will walk free from prison today.

Yak Dut, 22, left the two officers hospitalised then threatened to hunt them down and kill them with their own guns after his arrest.

He told police: “I will get away with anything because I’m black. I will play the race card.”

The Kenyan born man said he was confident he wouldn’t spend a day behind bars because no Victorian magistrate would lock him up because of his skin colour.

County Court judge Wendy Wilmoth today sentenced Dut to 12 months imprisonment, but he will be released from prison today because of time already served

Dut spent 18 months having been locked up after his arrest for the February 2018 attack.

He must now undergo a two year community corrections order.

Under the terms of the order Dut will remain under supervision and must perform 150 hours of unpaid community work and undergo treatment for alcohol abuse and programs to reduce the risk of his reoffending.

Cop-bashing thug who boasted of playing ‘race card’ walks free

Is deportation an option?

Fitzy on Teh Dumb.
    Wrongology overload.

206. Des Deskperson:

There were electric trains operating in Sydney in 1819?

Yes – we took them over from the Aboriginal Eastern Railway Consortium.

Yes – we took them over from the Aboriginal Eastern Railway Consortium.

See the relevant chapter in “Dark Emu.”

208. Infidel Tiger

Cop-bashing thug who boasted of playing ‘race card’ walks free

Is deportation an option?

Judge is probably an Australian citizen, but good thinking.

An early version of the Tangara (“to go”).

Judge is probably an Australian citizen, but good thinking.

Ba dum tsh!

211. bespoke

calli

Your the one of the most irrepressible person iv come across online. Long life and happiness to you and your family. 😁

Thinking of irrepressible, has anyone got news on Delta A?

212. Rafe Champion

What is the point of having small polilcewomen on the street in potential hot spots like Kings X on New Years Eve as I saw a few years ago?

Her Honour Judge Wendy Wilmoth

Her reasons for sentencing the black guy who boasted his blackness would get him out of jail to no jail time for bashing up and threatening to kill 2 female police wallopers.

And just think the resident troll demands no citizen should have a gun for self defence because the police and the judiciary will protect the citizenry.

214. Des Deskperson

‘See the relevant chapter in “Dark Emu.”’

And here’s me thinking that the railway term ‘EMU’ meant ‘Electric Multiple Unit.’

Instead, it obviously goes back to The Dreaming

215. Black Ball

Ah yes Carlton Draught in hand before the football. Bemused by the Jaiden Stephenson crap. Like the suspension of the cricket morons, it really isn’t a suspension. To the letter of the law perhaps it’s ok but the pub test is always the best indication. It fails.

216. Crossie

I saw on the news Gladys insisting that she is “deeply” conservative, she would never consider abortion. If that were the case why did she allow the bill to proceed? Not buying it.

217. Crossie

Rafe Champion
    #3139315, posted on August 23, 2019 at 6:26 pm

Double time overtime pay?

There’s that word again – “concurrently.”

219. Black Ball

Don’t laugh Des, someone will concoct a story suggesting Aboriginal people harnessed electric storms for positive use. Bookmark it.

220. thefrollickingmole

Meanwhile doughnut boy is off frotting himself silly to first flog.

Note: Under the levels of evidence required to convict in Victoria A certain ex leader of the opposition is a Papist.

Rafe Champion
    #3139315, posted on August 23, 2019 at 6:26 pm

No-one in Kings Cross will hassle them for a root?

222. Black Ball

Egg, can you explain what Fitzy was rabbiting on about?

Black Ball

#3139323, posted on August 23, 2019 at 6:38 pm

Negotiated deal between Eddie Everywhere and McPolo-Pony I suspect.
    The return via the reserves was always in the deal but kept quiet.
    I would bet anything you like that the number and value of bets was far more than disclosed.
    McPolo-Pony was busy splitting the atom on 3AW this morning. Suspensions for on-field stuff are completely different to suspensions for off-field stuff. Apparently.
    Why?
    Well, just ‘coz.

224. Top Ender

Go woke go broke!

Asylum seeker resolution forced on to Qantas AGM agenda
    Qantas Group CEO Alan Joyce. Picture: AAP

A group that wants Qantas to stop flying asylum seekers out of the country on behalf of the federal government, will try again at the airline’s annual general meeting this year to force a vote on the issue.

Section 249N of the Corporations Act allows a group of at least 100 shareholders to list a “special resolution” they propose to move at a company’s AGM.

Other shareholders can then vote on whether the resolution should be heard. If they vote in favour the “contingent resolution” is put to a vote.

The Australasian Centre for Corporate Responsibility is behind the special resolution after trying unsuccessfully to move a similar motion at last year’s AGM.

On that occasion, 94 per cent of shareholders voted against the resolution which sought an undertaking from Qantas not to carry people who had been denied asylum in Australia.

This year’s resolution has been watered down somewhat, asking only that the Qantas board review the company’s policies and processes relating to “involuntary transportation undertaken as a service provider to the Department of Home Affairs”.

“A report describing the completed review should be prepared at reasonable cost and omitting confidential information, and made available to shareholders on the company website by June 30, 2020,” said the resolution.

ACCR director of human rights, Dhakshayini Sooriyakumaran, said they were not at all discouraged by last year’s overwhelming defeat of the resolution.

“In our view last year’s result of 6.43 per cent (in support) was actually quite reasonable. We saw that as a good start,” Ms Sooriyakumaran said.

“It’s very standard practice in other jurisdictions for the Centre for Corporate Responsibility to try year on year, and build support over time.”

She said forced deportations were on the increase and they wanted Qantas to articulate its position.

Asked if it should be the federal government rather than Qantas facing pressure over the treatment of asylum seekers, Ms Sooriyakumaran said they were not trying to tackle “the entire system”.

“We are looking for Qantas to uphold its commitment to the United Nations’ Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights,” she added.

“We think it’s a good opportunity to show corporate responsibility and leadership.”

Qantas will provide shareholders with recommendations of how to vote on all resolutions next Friday, ahead of the AGM on October 25.

A spokesman would not comment on the resolution today but directed The Australian to the comments of then chairman Leigh Clifford at last year’s AGM.

He said Qantas was “firm in its position that it’s the government that sets the immigration policy and assesses individual cases, and the courts which hear appeals, are best placed to make decisions on complex immigration matters”.

“We don’t believe the (ACCR’s) actions are really about Qantas at all. It’s about finding different ways to put pressure on the Australian Government and the federal opposition to change their immigration policy,” Mr Clifford said.

“We believe that these groups should take up their concerns with the politicians directly rather than use airlines or other businesses as part of the campaign.”

Link

225. Empire 5:5

No-one in Kings Cross will hassle them for a root?

What about the lickysistas?

226. Delcon

Cop-bashing thug who boasted of playing ‘race card’ walks free

Is deportation an option?

Judge is probably an Australian citizen, but good thinking.

He wasn’t talking about deportation of the *judge*, IT.

He was probably talking about the State of Victoria, and, yes, expelling it from the Commonwealth should be seriously considered if you ask me.

Apparently Bandana-man wants bouncers banned in cricket.
    FMD.
    Let’s just get a bowling machine to serve up half-volleys for flat-track bullies to drive at will.

Why thank you, bespoke.

Oddly enough, my Aztec birthdate corresponds with the Monkey as well.

I will leave it to Stimpson or Carpe to make the irrepressible connection. 😀

can you explain what Fitzy was rabbiting on about?

Rambling on about everything – including insurance actuarials out of his @rse.

230. Empire 5:5

Dear professional parasite

The last time you tried it on, the owners told you to take a hike. Our position is we have a lawful contract with the Commonwealth.

If you want to change the law – write your local member. The Parliament makes laws.

enc. voucher for a bad of dicks redeemable on your next QF.

As I suspected, QANTAS shareholders are heartless racists.

Shame on them.

Alan…Alan! Get out there and tell them so.

3 wymminses panel plus Bandanaman.