U.S. District Judge Lisa Godbey Wood has handed a victory to the state of Georgia and nine other states that sued the federal government (and to the rest of the nation) by declaring that the WOTUS Rule is unlawful. That is the preposterous Obama over-reach that resulted in decisions like a Wyoming farmer being fined $37,500 a day for constructing a stock pond on his own property.
More money from Merkel for the Trifecta of Failure. She has decided to get really serious about big spending to fix the climate.
After a two-hour visit to the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) on 14 June, Merkel apparently decided to turn German climate policy on its head. After his discussion with Merkel, PIK Director Ottmar Edenhofer announced euphorically: “Following the financial crisis and the refugee crisis, the Chancellor is now tackling the climate crisis”. Well then, one is tempted to add, what could go wrong with that!
Just don’t mention the
war the German Trifecta of Failure with power and emission reduction: more cost, less reliability and no CO2 reduction.
This and many other stirring stories in a vintage edition of the Global Warming Policy Forum newsletter.
Almost Everything You’ve Heard About The Amazon Fires Is Wrong
1) False Alarm: Amazon Burning Is Mostly Farms, Not Forests
Ronald Bailey, Reason, 23 August 2019
2) Why Everything They Say About The Amazon, Including That It’s The “Lungs Of The World,” Is Wrong
Michael Shellenberger, Forbes, 26 August 2019
3) The West’s Hysteria Over Amazon Fires Is Riddled With Colonial Arrogance
Brendan O’Neill, Spiked, 23 August 2019
4) Michael Mann Refuses To Produce Data, Loses Lawsuit
John Hinderaker, PowerLine, 24 August 2019
5) Fear Of Losing Votes, US Democrats Ban Presidential Climate Debate
ABC News, 24 August 2019
6) Patrick Michaels & Caleb Stewart Rossiter: The Great Failure Of Climate Models
Washington Examiner, 25 August 2019
7) Roy Spencer: How the Media Help to Destroy Rational Climate Debate
Roy W. Spencer, 25 August 2019
8) Merkel’s Madness: €7,6 Trillion For Germany’s Climate Project
Fritz Vahrenholt & Roland Tichy, GWPF, 24 August 2019
9) And Finally: How To Lose The Climate War? Tell Britons They Can No Longer Own A Car
Roger Harrabin, BBC News, 22 August 2019
HEADS UP ONLY THREE WEEKS TO CLIMATE PROPAGANDA WEEK!