Muddy: Purrfiction

Let’s skip an apology for the atrocious pun and get straight to the sinews.

Kittehs, Cats, and assorted parasitic infestations, this is your last opportunity to submit a classy NEW word for the Catictionary for 2019.

For the uninitiated, the object is to build a vocabulary of original words as a counter to the wider appropriation and redefinition of the English language by our ideological opponents.

The conditions are simple: the word must be original, coined by a Cat; alternative definitions of existing words will not be accepted; a definition must accompany your word; no acronyms please; and the Supreme Overlord of the Catictionary’s decision regarding the acceptance or rejection of a nominated word, is final.

As examples, I submit the following that have come to my attention since the last round: thefrollickingmole’s Austfailia; calli’s fauxlanthropist – “A CEO who spends shareholders’ money rather than his own to promote causes dear to his heart”; and Roger’s Sinocure. I’m undecided if Stanley’s crime-ate (as in crime-ate change) fits within the rules and is original, though I do find it clever.

As a minor point of order, I would be grateful if we could avoid a repeat of the August thread where a tart and tangy whiff of equine excrement lingered longer than was desirable. There were several contributions that referenced the exotic aroma, however I don’t believe there is anything to be gained by focusing upon it, so I shall leave those aside.

In late November or early December, I will post the accumulated, accepted contributions.

Soap-up, rope-up, and let the creation begin.

This entry was posted in Guest Post. Bookmark the permalink.

74 Responses to Muddy: Purrfiction

1. Whalehunt Fun says:

Megraine: Self-centred eogotist has-been second rate cable channel soap character desperately seeking recognition and thereby causing prolonged headaches for her in-laws.

2. Whalehunt Fun says:

Krudd: as megraine but causing headaches for corrupt leftist political parties.

3. Whalehunt Fun says:

Turncow: as Krudd but causing headaches for nominally conservative but actually left of centre political parties

4. Dr Fred Lenin says:

Follietician ,a stupid politician ? ( are there any wise ones?
    Aldierman ,a handler of Aldi bags in olitics .
    Fauxberiginal red haired blue eyed “aboriginal”.

5. Nick says:

Transubstantiation : the lowest of qualifications needed for a man to become a woman and compete in sporting codes, the Olympics, etc with out any judgement or condemnation.

6. Nick says:

areff’s ‘scoldilocks’ should be there.

7. pbw says:

Was Pol Tot original? I can’t remember whose it was, but it was the first I’d seen it.

8. Whalehunt Fun says:

Aviafauxlanthropist: A poisoned dwarf version of a fauxlanthropist

9. Roger says:

Sinocure:

The lucrative but undemanding position our perfidious politicians look forward to when they retire from years spent promoting Chinese Communist Party interests in Australia.

Thanks Muddy!

10. Indigo says:

Climathropic: A person who suffers from the belief that climate change is caused by white males.

11. anonandon says:

Not that original but…Womenopause – cos men have no business in women’s bodies.

Variations – Wymmynopause or Wofemopause

12. Tony Tea says:

Shardenfreude – laughter upon obsering another hapless, hopeless, toothless meth-head.

13. Colonel Crispin Berka says:

Abcroturfing : Surveying only people from within your approved clique and then presenting the results as representative of what all Australians from all walks of life and diverse backgrounds really believe.

Motivation for this new word came from ABC’s Australia Talks project.
    Expectations: “The results of that survey have been weighted by sex, age, education, language, geography and vote choice in the 2019 election to create a nationally representative sample of the Australian population.”
    Reality: “The panel was recruited from Australians who have completed ABC Vote Compass surveys in the past and who said they were willing to participate in further research projects.”
    So all that vote and electorate weighted sampling is still being done only on people who probably believe what they see on the ABC and have no qualms about revealing who they voted for to the ABC.

14. A reader says:

Theresa Tax: UK ‘progressive’ sugar tax that makes a Coke more expensive than a beer; esp. when brought in by a ‘conservative government.’

15. Muddy says:

Thanks, folks.

Whale: I don’t quite understand your second and third ideas.

Dr. Fred: Fauxberiginal has been suggested previously, though with a variation in spelling.

Nick: If Areff can confirm that ‘scoldilocks’ is his original term, that will be fine. He will need to provide a definition, however.

pbw: Similar to my response to Nick above. If originality and an author can be confirmed, it’s in.

anonandon: I’m confused. Are they your creations?

16. Anonandon says:

I thought I created Womenopause but a Google search indicated others have used it. The other variations are mine.

17. Entropy says:

Tri-umpherate: the close financial and familial relationship between Big Business, Big Union and Big Government that really run Australia and have established a system to benefit themselves to the detriment of the ordinary punter.

18. Muddy says:

anonandon: I like Wofemopause. Can you provide a spanky definition for it please?

19. None says:

Mockcom – ABC produced sitcom promoted as edgy and inclusive but which is inevitably yet another vehicle to mock Aussie punters who fund it as stupid, racist, white, homophoboc, transphobic, women-nashing climate denying, troglodytes. And unfunny. Mockcoms are never funny.

20. None says:

Decapod. Yet another ABC series narrated by Annabel Crabb.

21. Shy Ted says:

Tindergarten – the place you send 4 year olds if you want them to understand sexual concepts rather than play and finger-paint.
    Good work, Muddy, it’s been too long.

22. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

Dapining – an argument, indulged in by retired schoolteachers, as to how many National Servicemen can dance on the head of a pin.

23. Shy Ted says:

Fossil fools. All those activists who believe, well, you know the rest.

24. Shy Ted says:

Democrazy. The system whereby the elected government completely ignores what people voted for.

25. Tel says:

Bidentification – listening to heroic stories told on the campaign trail, then figuring out who those people might have actually been. Related to:

Bidentifiable – a character from said heroic story who did turn out to be based on a real person, regardless of whether they did what was described.

26. Muddy says:

None.
    I don’t understand ‘Decapod.’ I don’t watch TV at all, so I’m blissfully ignorant of high-culture references.

27. Muddy says:

Zulu.
    Dapining – Sorry, I’m not functioning well in the cognitive department tonight. I don’t understand the reference (aside from knowing which poster you’re referring to, that is).

28. mem says:

gretask – When a child is used as a propaganda tool for a scam.

29. Shy Ted says:

Betaran. A veteran who failed as a soldier and was demoted to projectionist.

30. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

Dapining – Sorry, I’m not functioning well in the cognitive department tonight

Sorry, I’m being rather obscure – Mark Dapin wrote the book said retired schoolteacher quotes from to back his claim. He goes very quiet when others quote from the same title.

31. Muddy says:

Zulu.
    O.K., got it. Thanks. I am aware of Dapin’s book (though haven’t read it), so I’m not sure why that didn’t click. Yes, a bit obscure, but I’ll explain the reference in the definition. Cheers.

Shy Ted, you are on fire tonight. I am a little reticent to question or criticise an individual’s military service, however. While ‘Betaran’ is clever, I don’t think I’ll include it. I do like several of your other suggestions however, so thanks.

32. Tel says:

gretask – When a child is used as a propaganda tool for a scam.

Questioning the scam results in angry Gretaliation.

33. Shy Ted says:

Scomment. Something the current PM says which gets the Bolts, Murrays and Kennys excited because it represents conservative views but is never mentioned again.

34. Muddy says:

Ha! I like them both, Tel and Shy Ted. Noice.

35. Shy Ted says:

Hippocrits. All the fat chicks infesting the internet dating site at the moment who reckon they’re vegetarians.

36. Knuckle Dragger says:

Castling (kar-se-ling).

The process whereby an administrator bans an employee from an entire industry for voicing a personal opinion that differs from the administrator’s pre-set narrative.

See also: Joyced.

37. Knuckle Dragger says:

Warnerment.

An attractive, pre-loved trophy wife obtained to boost the social status of left-handed, midget ranga sportsmen who would otherwise be living in houso flats and eating dog food.

38. Knuckle Dragger says:

Rowebility.

The learned skill of visualising and then portraying normal people as overweight and naked to others, through the application of watercolour to cardboard.

39. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

I am seeking guidance.

Is there a suitable expression, on this thread, to designate the fat, screeching bogan queen, who is looking for a “decent bloke” to help take on raising her own revolting brats, but isn’t interested in “taking on another woman’s slops.”?”

40. bespoke says:

Scoldawally:

To be used in place of ‘frightbatt’ for someone that you mostly agree with but needs to go and have a sleep (or get layed).

41. Nick says:

Whoretocracy a situation where men are banned from passing any judgement as to a woman’s negative social behaviour. Eg, Jane, a uni student openly advertises for a sugar daddy.

42. Shy Ted says:

Hippopottymouth. Thought about this one going to bed and had Van Badham and F0rd in mind. Equally applies to your request Z2ka. Definition? Fat, foul-mouthed “lady” usually beloved by the left.

43. Nick says:

Veganomics the belief by millennials that fast food companies will only make money when they remove meat from their menus.

44. Trevor says:

Femunism/Femunist Essentially the same thing as a Feminist Socialist but rolls off the tongue so much better.

45. None says:

Crabs are decapods (ten feet) , Muddy. Not high culture. Just biology (with a play on podcasts). *sigh*.

46. areff says:

Chinazis

47. None says:

Shy Ted has a vocation. Hippopottymouth 😂

48. Mater says:

Metaflaw:
    noun
    1. A term given to a particular argument, statement or anecdote when it is proven to lack credibility, soundness or validity.
    2. An exaggeration or, worst case, a lie.

49. Muddy says:

None.
    Ah-ha. A play on Annabel’s surname. Got it now. Yes, I knew what a decapod was, but the link seemed obscure. *Sigh*

Areff.
    Chinazis, while a clever word, falls foul of my dislike for the dilution of the significance of that particular historical period. The fact that no-one agrees with this decision of mine is not something that worries me.

If you can confirm that scoldilocks is your original creation, and provide a definition for it, I’d like to include that in the finished product.

50. Mr Rusty says:

Gimmigrants (n) – Useless, lazy, welfare seeking hordes and corporatist corruptocrats who jump on the public service boats and set sail for the promised land of luscious Government grants which grow on trees.
    Ref. The ABC, the Climate Change trough, useless PhD students

Preach Around (n) (cf. preach, reach around) – To make people feel better as you screw them even harder.
    Example: “Scott Morrison gave the voters a Preach Around as he explained to them that raising taxes was the right thing to do for all Australians.”

Globubble (n) – The notion that the bubble you live in is representative of everyone else in the whole world.

Projaculate (v) – To excessively spew ones virtue by claiming to be pro-x, pro-y and pro-z.
    Example: “Joe projaculated heavily as he signalled his favourable views on immigrants, gays and feminism.”

Prolefligacy (n) (cf. proletarian, profligacy) – Extravagant spending thrown at those that vote for a living. Tends to occur every three years just before an election.

Pussyfist (n) (cf. pussy, pacifist) – A beta leftist that claims to be fighting for peace under the banner of the Socialist fist.

51. Muddy says:

Great work, Mr. Rusty. Many thanks.
    As I’ve stated previously, I would still like to see yourself or someone else round up the wild redefinitions we have cantering about the place: Rusty’s Redefs? I’ve always liked the concept of redefinitions, but have wanted to keep the Catictionary simple enough to manage, given the multiple distractions in my life.

52. Mr Rusty says:

The Long Goosestep Through The Institutions – The left don’t march, that is what armies do and armies consist of men who protect their countries. The left are Socialists and Socialists only goosestep. Thus, the correct term is not “The Long March Through The Institutions” but “The Long Goosestep Through The Institutions.”

Cultural Eugenics – The correct term for Cultural Marxism. To describe and prescribe behaviours to groups based on their genetic dispositions (race, sex etc) which creates a hierarchy of genetic / cultural classes. These genetic classes possess or are dispossessed of immutable traits and
    thinking that is determined solely by their race, sex or sexual orientation.
    Example: “The leftist institution awarded grants based on skin colour as part of their Cultural Eugenics program as they considered blacks to be inferior and in need of a handout.”

The Fairyan Race (cf. fair, fairy, Aryan Race) – An elite race of superhumans who are so much better than everyone else owing to their purity of fair minded thinking and pursuit of absolute equality. In reality this eutopia only exists in la-la land populated by fairies, unicorns and pixie dust and the pursuit of it results in the misery, suffering and deaths of all those deemed not be pure enough to belong to The Fairyan Race.

Inflabricate (v) (cf. inflate, inflame, fabricate) The deliberate inflation and falsification of statistics used in order to inflame a situation.
    Ref. The numbers of people attending climate change rallies, anti-Australia Day marches. The ever expanding time period Aboriginies have been in Australia (currently about 9 million years and rising). Future projections of sea level rise and temperatures.

Voebbel (v) (cf. Goebbels, to verbal) – To make a false sentence or statement and repeat it over and over in order to smear the opposition.
    Example: “Penny voebbelled Pauline by calling her a racist for the third time in a week.”

Feelty (n) (cf. fealty) – The emotional oath of loyalty pledged to a victim group. Feelty tenants (vassals) receive a share of the emotions and rewards from their feelty Lords and protectorates in return for their allegiance.
    Example: “Clover pledged her feelty to the LGBTI community, swore to defend them against all offence and from any attacks on their feelings and rewarded them with grants. In return the LGBTI community voted and campaigned for Clover.”

53. Mr Rusty says:

Great work, Mr. Rusty. Many thanks.

Yes, I agree, there are some good words that need redefining around the place.
    But first I think the Catictionary is now so big and good it deserves it’s own page on the Cat linked in the top menu. It could also utilise the WP Glossary add-on so that when people use the words on the Cat they create a tooltip / link that shows the definition when you hover over the word.
    I put this to Rafe recently and he thought it was a great idea. Now we just have to convince Doomlord. Perhaps a selection of coloured mankinis might persuade him.

54. Percy Popinjay says:

“Tindergarten” – LOL.

55. Muddy says:

Mr. Rusty.

I had hoped that if this Catictionary thing took off it might become a permanent fixture somewhere, rather than a post you have to search for. Thanks for your suggestion to Rafe, that sounds smart.

I am quite serious about wanting to see someone – you seem to have the passion – pursue a similar but complementary concept with redefinitions/acronyms. I see it as an extension of the Catalexicon. I’m not at all interested in building a fiefdom where no-one else ‘treads on my turf,’ and indeed, I’ve expressed previously that I would like to hand the Catictionary over at some point. I’m not quite at that point yet, but it will come, so if Rusty’s Redefs gets up, you’ll be in a position to mentor the new sucker.

56. Muddy says:

Mr. Rusty.

57. Muddy says:

Sorry, Sinc. An extra letter snuck into my email address while I wasn’t looking. It has been corrected.

58. kaysee says:

Scrollotrollis
    [skrohl-o-trohl-is]
    noun
    The inflammation of the index finger due to rapid scrolling past troll comments.

59. Mr Rusty says:

Muddy I’d love to do something like this, eventually, only I’m absolutely snowed under for the next 4-5 months. The first step is to get the Catictionary online as a linkable reference, then people can start using the words in writing then eventually in speech, that was the raison d’etre of it, a way to fightback. It’s hard to get people to change their vocab if they have no reference.

60. Shy Ted says:

None-existent. A compulsorily disappeared Cat contributor.

61. bespoke says:

I thought that was ‘Smote’ or ‘Smite’ meant.

62. Percy Popinjay says:

the foke (folk who are woke)

Courtesy of NuThink.

63. 1735099 says:

Glibertarian – A pseudo libertarian who posts at Catallaxy.
    There are heaps……

64. Mr Rusty says:

Glibertarian – A pseudo libertarian who posts at Catallaxy.
    There are heaps……

Already defined 1735099 racist joo hating fucktard.

Typical Socialist, no original ideas, has to steal off others and everyone has done it much better already.

65. 1735099 says:

Hilarious.
    It was actually plagiarised from me years ago:)

66. 1735099 says:

joo hating fucktard.

Abusenik

Typical Catallaxy poster with S.O.L.

67. Jock says:

Lad. I have just been reading an article in Quadrant by Peter Murphy. He is writing about Kevin Williams book ” the smallest minority” . But he makes the following comment. The bit I love is he defines a “nemoarchy” ; the rule of nobodies. Think Greta’s followers. Green groups. Brilliant.

Consequently a lot of talent in organisations directs itself to status climbing. The status game triggers envy and resentment, and a clamour to be noticed. Google, Williamson points out, is a good example of this. Google’s employees from time to time revolt. They don’t like Google doing Defense Department work or they don’t like the realism of a colleague who points out the unyielding ratio of males to females employed in the IT industry. These dislikes are expressed militantly and en masse. These employees have worked out something about the backbone of a lot of the people who run big organisations—they don’t have one. They are easily cowed. They quickly submit to the mob. This is a case of “nemoarchy”—the rule of nobodies.P

68. Muddy says:

Jock
    #3178705, posted on October 8, 2019 at 9:18 pm

I’m not sure how to take the ‘Lad’ bit, but Nemoarchy is a great word. I’ve written repeatedly that we have sat down and licked ourselves while our language has been hijacked and used against us, so it is not only possible but desirable that we attempt to regain control. Control of the language, I mean. The licking is another issue.

69. A Lurker says:

BoM – Bureau of Manipulation and Mediocrity

70. Faye says:

Candorarity – Truth is out of date and has been replaced by Lying which serves the Left’s Perception of Reality better
    Narcissy – an egotistical modern socialist
    Nobelious – feeling sick after reading who won a Nobel Prize
    Fakemebias – the media’s Perception of the news
    Empiricalying – a necessary evil
    Climatrocity – the catastrophic exploitation of CO2 by enemies of the people as a means to grab
    global power

71. Faye says:

CORRECTION: Candorarity: … replaced by Lies which serve …

72. 1735099
    #3178255, posted on October 8, 2019 at 1:13 pm

Glibertarian – A pseudo libertarian who posts at Catallaxy.
    There are heaps……

Thanks commie shithead.

Will you ever apologise for understating the atrocities of communism, particularly in Vietnam?

73. Faye says:

CORRECTION: Empiricalying – a necessary evil for the Left to survive

74. Faye says:

CORRECTION: Candorarity CANCELLED Sorry for too many corrections, Muddy.

Candoroff – Truth is out of date and has been replaced by Lies which serve the Left’s Perception of
    Reality better