Wednesday Forum: March 4, 2020

1,956 Responses to Wednesday Forum: March 4, 2020

1. Mother Lode

This deserves comment:

From Gab,

I don’t get the point of quince paste as an accompaniment to cheese. It overwhelms the cheese flavour and is pointless. But hey, each to their own.

Agreed. I find it goes passably with blue cheeses – contrasts and mildly compliments the saltiness. That said, I used to be able to get this blueberry and thyme paste from a local deli, and it was magnificent with creamy blue cheese like St Agur. With a ‘Red Riding Hood’ chardonnay – not too stone fruit or citrus, not too much malolactic, and not too much oak.

2. 8th Dan

Bogroll news – we now have an emergency here in the bay. Woolies completely cleaned out.

I did suggest you should go to Woolies last night.

Cheddar and cornichons. Brie and fresh figs. Castello and strawbs. Plus champagne.

4. OldOzzie

Tom
    #3343726, posted on March 5, 2020 at 8:52 am
    Only two Tom-toons today?

Sorry, folks. The Cat was as slow as a wet week, then Ozblogistan totally shat itself. I’ve saved the best, which I’ll post tomorrow with the new edition.

Tom,

I have noticed it as well, Cat is slower than usual today

5. Porter

Real Mark Latham

@RealMarkLatham

BREAKING: The NRL has recruited Colin Kaepenick from the USA as a consultant to teach our Indigenous players how to more thoroughly trash the nation that has made them millionaires.

6:00 AM · Mar 5, 2020·Twitter Web App

Retweets

I like Mike Latham.

6. 132andBush

It’s now official.
    Lizzie living rent free in Dan’s head.

Well done Lizzie, pretty good trolling.

7. Porter

We don’t have an outbreak of covid we have an outbreak of stupid. First the toilet paper now the hand sanitiser. You can always wash your hands with soap, people. You don’t need handsanitizer .

Buying yet more would have others miss out. My kids are now catered for, as am I.

The odd thing is that I worry more about their ability to cope with shortages of anything than either myself or my elderly parents. The Depression and living with precarious supply chains and getting used to it makes you very resilient and inventive.

I must stop mother henning them. They’re big and ugly enough to look after themselves.

9. Stimpson J. Cat

Thank f®ck Elle is back.
    Now I can leave this homemade bidet infested aged care sh®thole.
    I told you she would be, I am never wrong.
    Have a great day and stay alive Gentlepeople !!!

10. lotocoti

but when they load it on a rocket i’ll laugh and laugh and laugh

It’s not smashing two chunks of U235 together, or squishing a chunk of Pu239
    which is the tricky bit.
    It’s making either gadget small enough, light enough and robust enough to strap on top of a rocket which can reach beyond the next suburb.

11. bespoke

Trust me there will be a shortage of Australian wine because of climate catastrophe.

SO BUY IT BUY IT NOW BEFORE IT’S TOO LATE!!!

12. NoFixedAddress

calli
    #3343756, posted on March 5, 2020 at 9:24 am

champagne and apricots.

but keep your shotguns handy for the fruit bats

13. From Daily Mail

“As the threat of coronavirus continues to cause fear across Australia, thousands of families are desperately emptying supermarkets of essential goods (pictured, bottom right, in Sydney). For thousands of Chinese supermarkets, there is no fears of running out of essentials during a coronavirus outbreak – as they are piled high with popular Australian products (left). The ‘daigou’ stores sell everything from sought-after baby formula to Ugg boots and locally-sourced honey – with some stores shipping 200 boxes to China every day (top right).”

If these Chinese stores exist mainly to ship to China then suppliers of goods in short supply should consider not supplying for a while.

Australia is a cheap whore on its back as it’s Chinese pimp uses it at will.

15. Snoopy

Unicef’s guidelines to help you be safe in a coronavirus outbreak
    The corona virus is large with a cell diametre of 400-500 micro. Wearing a mask is an effective preventive measure. It will easily be able to keep the virus out.

The virus does not remain suspended in air. Rather it falls to the ground. Therefore, you need not worry about aerial transmission.

16. Diogenes

And just how do I do that after touching the bathroom door that 100 or so dirty bastards who just micturate or defacate & walkout without cleaning themselves? Or after using the grab rail on the bus, that 100 or so people have touched before me? Or in my classroom after touching students keyboards (honestly keyboards are dirtier than toilets – google it) ?

17. Chris

Australia is a cheap whore on its back as it’s Chinese pimp uses it at will.

But look at the incomes we have got for the last 15 years!
    And no irritating manufacturing unions any more!

18. NoFixedAddress

Chris
    #3343783, posted on March 5, 2020 at 9:58 am

Australia is a cheap whore on its back as it’s Chinese pimp uses it at will.

But look at the incomes we have got for the last 15 years!
    And no irritating manufacturing unions any more!

talk about laugh out loud

19. struth

Good moaning.
    Hands up if you have been killed by coronavirus?
    Plenty of bog roll in areas not full of ch I n ks and assorted third world trash.
    No bog roll in your “multicultural wonderland” of Sco Mo’s push to turn cities into overpopulated third world hovels to magically fix the economy. ……….now needing stimulus apparently. ..go for a drive to an area where you can still see a blonde head of hair, and you’ll find bog roll to your freckle’s content.

20. lotocoti

You don’t need handsanitizer .

No. You don’t.

21. Old School Conservative

It’s been 2 hours since I commented in the Herald Sun that Albury was actually in NSW, not “the State’s north”. Still ‘Pending”.
    The work experience kid has been sent on a fruitless mission to buy a Jacaranda atlas and fact check the “journo”.

22. bespoke

Can’t wait for A.I to hit white collar jobs hard and say Learn to… Oh! Shit.

Snoopy – Whoever wrote that text is about as scientifically aware as Joe Biden.

No virus is half a millimetre in diameter. That would be easily visible to the naked eye.

At 400-500 nm the virus would be easily suspended in the air for days, at least until oxygen, dehydration or sunlight denatures it.

24. Mother Lode

I’m not advocating violence but schumer and pelosi should be shot.

I too demur at the idea of violence.

Their homes should be walled up, a nerve agent introduced through the aircon, and water pumped until they drown – surely that is not violence. Certainly no shooting, stabbing, kicking, biting, beard-pulling etc.

Very calm. Very quiet. Very sedate. And very satisfying.

25. Snoopy

Snoopy – Whoever wrote that text is about as scientifically aware as Joe Biden.

It’s the UN, Bruce. What do you expect?

26. The Beer Whisperer

The last dunny rolls were taken off the shelves at Aldi at about 9.20 this morning. Do these people realise you’ve got to eat to shit?

27. OldOzzie

bespoke
    #3343767, posted on March 5, 2020 at 9:34 am

SO BUY IT BUY IT NOW BEFORE IT’S TOO LATE!!!

Why?

email from JustWines – Extended by popular demand❗ SA Cab Sav 🍷 for Chinese market

RRP $25.00 a bottle

$6.99 per bottle -Save $216.00 – $83.88 for 12 Bottles

These savings are valid to 6 March 2020 – 11.59 pm

The Discount will automatically applied at checkout

Diogenes
    #3343781, posted on March 5, 2020 at 9:56 am

And just how do I do that after touching the bathroom door

There are many ways to avoid that.

Snoopy

#3343775, posted on March 5, 2020 at 9:48 am

Unicef’s guidelines to help you be safe in a coronavirus outbreak
    The corona virus is large with a cell diametre of 400-500 micro.

Have I got this right?
    500 micro is half a millimetre??

30. Diogenes

Northern end of the Central Coast, very few of either, still no bog paper

31. mh

Prime Minister Scott Morrison needs to address the nation’s bog roll anxiety.

32. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Bring on the sun. Normally, I don’t, but I intend to get a suntan in Mehhico’s warm climate.

33. bespoke

OldOzzie

I put ‘Trust me’ in italics 😎

34. The Beer Whisperer

Struth, Transport for NSW jobs have a preamble that Sydney is expecting a population of 12 million by 2050.

That’s not a typo. TWELVE million people in Sydney. By 2050. With no easterly, southerly or northerly expansion available, with most of the west and southwest built up already, that means high rises on every block of land in Sydney, with the exception of where Lucy Turnbull lives.

Our parliament is full of cretins.

The squirrels are not pedaling fast enough today that’s for sure.
    This site is slow as.

36. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Good moaning.
    Hands up if you have been killed by coronavirus?

lol, Struth.

37. mh

Catallaxy is still loading slowly.

I expect there is a lot of traffic here from people wanting the latest on the bog roll crisis.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison needs to address the nation’s bog roll anxiety.

He has; says he’s spoken to Colesworths & they’ve assured him re the supply chain’s resilience.

So don’t panic buy. Resume normal service.

Unfortunately the interview (with Tom Elliott) was not conducted in Mandarin.

Ha, ha.
    Facebook.

URGENT RECALL.
    Coles and Woolworths.
    Toilet paper.
    The cardboard inserts are made in China and may contain the coronavirus.

What sort of a vehicle is this?

Charabanc.

41. mh

Tom Elliot – who?

I hope that’s not the ABC.

42. I solution to the paper problem.

Stop shitting!

43. Struth

Northern end of the Central Coast, very few of either, still no bog paper

Sorry, NSW east of the great divide doesn’t count.
    The “stoner coast” of Australia is filled with drug addled old sea change hippies from Sodomy escaping above ethnic onslaught, and still has the urban mindset.

Tom Elliot – who?

Son of John.

Melbourne radio.

45. mh

Heard last night that Melbourne now has a larger population than the entire state of Queensland.

46. bespoke

It’s interesting witnessing the transformation of those from patronizingly dismissive to central characters in the crisis. 😎

Chuckle.

You really have to go west of the Great Divide or north of Hervey Bay to find the remnants of old Australia.

48. Stimpson J. Cat

You should be spraying every kid and surface and door handle you see with Glen 20.
    You should be wearing a vest with pocket protectors and shoulder holsters for the Glen 20 cans,
    and denim shorts for protection from Coronavirus.
    Everyone Knows This.

49. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

lol. Grigs is all discombobulated about my photo. Why on earth should it not be me? That is definitely me at sixteen in that photo Grigs, and anyone who knows me will confirm I haven’t even now got a particularly long nose for a 77 year old, nor a cleft chin and never have had such features. It’s all in Grig’s fevered imagination and the nature of the photo angle in a photo booth. Looking down, I’ve always looked different, more heart shaped in the face and longer in the nose, whereas front on I have always had a rather oval shaped face, slight upturned nose, prominent forehead and high cheekbones (just like Pocahontas, lol). I’ve certainly never had a nose job, nor any need to want to change my chin, both of which have luckily always been normal. Same as my teeth, which have always been small and neat but which, with age, have added the usual millimeter or two in length – hence ‘long in the tooth’ is the term for both horses and people. Nasty Nigel here (not his real Cat name) said I looked ‘buck-toothed’ in my recent pic from a cruise 18 months ago. The very nerve of him! My dentist doesn’t think so.

Wonderful to see how completely obsessed these Cat gentlemens are with pulling me down. Makes me want to do a continual picture gallery just to keep them busy. :).

50. mh

One from your bikini modelling days please Lizzie.

51. Struth

A few Questions.
    Australia , of course is a laughing stock on the global scene.

What do you think are the main reasons?

We brag about being multicultural?
    We destroy our industry and power , jobs and wealth so that we can hold our heads high claiming to be the only ones committed to our promise to global socialists our government signed us up to, without permission?
    We trade with one commo dictatorship almost exclusively?
    We invented peak virtue signalling hypocrisy…earth hour and such?
    Our workforce dresses in the same government decreed colours and will not stand in an open paddock without a hard hat and safety glasses

We believe excessive arse wiping cures coronavir-arse?
    or
    all of the above?

52. Bruce

Coupla’ things:

Old-mate Cormann:

Who the Hell is advising this bloke? Albo’s cousins? Turncoat?

Definitely not in the Malinois class, for starters. Belgium: top dogs, a couple of good beers and world-class small-arms; the rest?

As for: ““The minister continued: “I think that … that the white colour, in my mind, reflects a bit of a colonial past that we’ve moved on from”.”…..A transplanted Belgian lecturing about “colonialism?………RIGHT!!!

Then, someone usefully noted: “I think Cormann is a symbol……..” …………..cymbal, GONG; whatever…

Old Menzies will be spinning in his grave; oh, hang on, some bozo will suggest Sir Bob as a renewable power resource………….

And, on a slightly different tack:

NSW Health Minister Brad Hazzard

Righto, then!!

Energy Minister Sparkes, Primary Industries Minister Farmer (or Flood). Mines Minister Pitt……….(or Shaft)……..Sports Minister Gamble…….

53. Good morning all.
    I see many people will soon be incarcerated for purchasing toilet paper for more than 10k cash.
    I noted upthread about the coronavirus and the potential to really fuck remote Aboriginal communities over. I am guessing this would be correct, I imagine that immune systems of blacks would be less resilient than those that reside in cities. Of course, there is but one cure, other people’s money. Waiting for the Dodson’s, the Burney’s et al to get the ball rolling.

54. Andreas

We believe excessive arse wiping cures coronavir-arse?
    or
    all of the above?

There have been runs on toilet paper in other countries, a friend in Japan said there was one in his city a week or so ago.

I just googled and here it is:

Toilet Paper Panic Buying In Japan Because Of Coronavirus
    Feb 28, 2020, 10:00pm

55. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

For those who don’t realise from a comment I made in the dead of last night, the white spots on my left side forehead, temple, cheekbone and chin are shine shadowing all due to the flash lighting in the photo booth.

They weren’t very sophisticated machines in 1959. But it was the best I could do for Miss Daly Watkins in a roomful of girls (and their mothers) in high fashion gear all clutching expensive photographic portfolios. I did later get some photographic modelling work, as I was well-proportioned although only 5ft4inches. Not tall enough for the DW catwalk but good enough for Paula Stafford bikini’s on Queensland’s Gold Coast a year later.

Such is life, my dear friends, such is life.

56. Struth

If I’d met you then Lizzie, ………………………………..cooooooorrrrrrrrr!
    What a stunner.
    Alas, I wasn’t born then.
    Would you have been high maintenance then?

57. Wonderful to see how completely obsessed these Cat gentlemens are with pulling me down.

Nah. You don’t need any help.
    Doing an excellent job yourself.

58. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Shelves empty of toilet paper are the most obvious signs of panic buying and there is a reason for that. As has often been noted , human needs are many and insatiable, so shelves of many goods will be subject to discriminatory purchase and differential panics, but when it comes to the aperture in the nether regions, absolutely everyone has one.

59. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Nah. You don’t need any help.
    Doing an excellent job yourself.

Oh, I don’t think so, Rambler. That takes far more nastiness than I could ever muster.

60. Struth

So all Asian counties, like Austlaria?

Hanson was right, and it’s happened.

61. Stimpson J. Cat

A few Questions.
    Australia , of course is a laughing stock on the global scene.

Let them laugh, they’ll all be coughing soon enough.
    Then they will run out of toilet paper.

Smart investors should be buying big on Buckets.
    Buckets are the next Big Thing, for when there is no toilet paper, Indian Hygiene is king.
    You can also use Buckets upside down with eyeholes cut out covered in Gladwrap as Coronavirus Protective Masks.

62. Stimpson J. Cat

It’s called Women.

63. The Arms Control Association has stated Iran requires roughly 1,050 kilograms of low-enriched uranium and enriching it to 90% purity to create weapons. It states that the JCPOA requires Iran to cap its uranium enrichment for 15 years at 3.67%. ABC News noted, “Prior to the nuclear deal, Iran enriched its uranium up to 20%, which is just a short technical step away from weapons-grade levels of 90%.”
    The International Atomic Energy Agency stated that as of Feb. 19, Iran’s total stockpile of low-enriched uranium reached 1,020.9 kilograms compared to 372.3 kilograms as noted in its last report on Nov. 3, 2019, ABC News reported, adding, “The current stockpile puts Iran within reach of the amount needed to produce a nuclear weapon, which it insists it does not want to do.”

So 200kg of 90% enriched uranium is within reach of a collection of lunatic mullahs who believe ending the world will bring the 12th Imam onto the stage.
    But of course the Iranians are too thick to design a nuke even with the help of scientists who have already done so.
    You seem very blasé about it, Tel.

64. Boambee John

lotocoti

And a period at the top of the trajectory at close to absolute zero, followed by the heat and g forces of re-entry.

So all Asian counties, like Austlaria?

Yep. But not many Asians up here. So I suspect the bogroll run was people like me getting some for their children in Sydneystan.

Or…they crept in at dead of night and stole-by-buying. You’d have yo ask someone else though. I was home minding my own business.

66. Zatara

Here’s how to tell if you have the coronavirus — and when to see a doctor

“If you feel well enough that if it weren’t for coronavirus you wouldn’t see a doctor, don’t see a doctor,”

Fair enough. Staying away from ‘health’ facilities sounds like an excellent plan for the time being.
    Because if you weren’t sick before you visited you’ll likely be sick after.

67. Anthony

Does anyone in the US, in the world, really believe that Donald Trump is the most dangerous US president in history? Just so pathetically laughable!

68. Struth

Now Australian culture has been virtually outlawed, miss it much?

69. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Would you have been high maintenance then?

lol, again, Struth. I did all my own maintenance then. Job, rent, food, hair, clothes, health.

One thing I knew. I wanted something better out of life than was on offer in Sydney’s west for a girl with no secure parental background, no education and no training for anything except typing. Perhaps that made me high maintenance in other ways. Still, men mostly liked me, and one I fended off wanted to marry me on my sixteenth birthday. Dodged a bullet there, and quite a few others later, when I started to meet what Johanna has called ‘high quality men’, some of them wealthy and all of them wanting to change me; but those are tales for another day, not here. 🙂

70. candy

If the numbers of new cases in China is slowing and falling, then the whole thing might peter out in Australia over a couple of months or so without very many deaths although still careful watching and procedures.

Apparently the numbers of new cases in China are dropping but can you believe it, but if so that would be very good news?

And just when you thought yesterday’s news was busy being fishwrap, up pops the attention deprived Climate Teen.

72. Struth

Many years ago, you could look down from your truck in Sodomy or Melbournistan and never see a blonde head of hair.
    It was not, and still is not that bad in London, where white people are by far the majority, yet we have the audacity to laugh at their predicament?

73. Lotocoti:

It’s not smashing two chunks of U235 together, or squishing a chunk of Pu239
    which is the tricky bit.

It’s making either gadget small enough, light enough and robust enough to strap onto a donkey and stroll into Jerusalem with it.
    There are more ways of skinning a cat than by stuffing its arse with butter.

74. Struth

I was once a catch.
    Unfortunately I got caught.

75. Struth

The intended victim of Corona virus is Donald Trump.

My old mum calls the GP waiting room the “Germarium”.

77. Stimpson J. Cat

Mama Mia!

BREAKING: Italy closing all schools and universities across the country due to coronavirus – ANSA

78. Struth

This is what can happen without a massive increase in personal bog roll ownership.

79. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Yes it would, Candy. With the forewarning we have had we may yet get this thing under control fairly quickly. Can’t say I’m too optimistic, but there are many reasons why it may not hit Australia as badly as in China, or even Italy. Toning down the hysteria would be a good start.

Mike Baird has left NAB. Speculation he wants Warringah. Other news Mike Baird Sydney Light rail usage failure.

81. Mater

Ok. Weetbix now joins the list of sold out items in the local Supermarket.
    Let’s see how sustaining they are, when milk gets scarce.

Red China Ministry of Truth reports on Wuhan virus.

Scientists identify second virus strain

“We are now sure that there is a possibility that people can transmit this virus before they become symptomatic,” Australian deputy chief medical officer Professor Paul Kelley said.

Er…hasn’t this been known for c. two weeks?

84. Stimpson J. Cat

NEW: Germany bans export of medical protection gear due to coronavirus – AFP

It’s just the free market doing what free markets do
    – Sinclair “No Toiletpaper” Davidson.

😂

85. Stimpson J. Cat

**not a real quote. **

Ha ha ha ha ha ja ja ja!!!

86. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Far too early yet to know if a second virus strain is the currently active one, Mitch, or more virulent.
    The report is covered in all of the necessary qualifications. The viral ‘cloud’ is always active, that’s all we can be sure of at this stage.

87. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Buttered Weetbix. One of the sustaining delights of my childhood.
    Any kid could make it, especially if the butter had been left out of the icebox.
    Sometimes even if it had not. Those old iceboxes weren’t very cold. 🙂

88. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

The intended victim of Corona virus is Donald Trump.

They will be doing all they can to make sure he is exposed to the virus. One woman’s already threatened to do that at his rallies. Vicious thuggish lefties.

Sleepy Joe could be a good candidate for an opportunistic virus though. Dementia will attract them.

Best advice would be for all the Vice Presidents and VP candidates and all other candidates to be people under forty-five. Us oldies may have had our day.

89. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

I was once a catch.
    Unfortunately I got caught.

Awww, Struth. It’s hard for a good man to go free.

Mrs Struth is a lucky woman.
    Not every woman gets her own personal songster. 🙂

Jeez, I hate stories like this.
    Man goes to Bali.
    Takes out travel insurance.
    Insurance states that he is only covered for powered bikes up to 50cc (Postie scooters).
    Insurance application asks “Do you wish to take extra cover for motorcycles, motor scooters and quadbikes?”
    He ticks “No.”

He hires a 125cc bike.
    Predictably he prangs it.
    Racks up $35k in hospital bills.
    Insurance company says (correctly) he is not covered.
    Insurance company bad.
    Nine MSN delivers the gotcha … “None of the hire companies in Bali rents bikes under 50cc”.
    So, yeah.
    He just had to have a bike, so insurance company should waive their policy conditions.
    The alternative of him saying “No, I won’t take the risk” wasn’t an option apparently.

91. mh

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    18m
    There can be few things worse in a civilized, law abiding nation, than a United States Senator openly, and for all to see and hear, threatening the Supreme Court or its Justices. This is what Chuck Schumer just did. He must pay a severe price for this!

Mater
    #3343901, posted on March 5, 2020 at 12:00 pm
    Ok. Weetbix now joins the list of sold out items in the local Supermarket.
    Let’s see how sustaining they are, when milk gets scarce.

I remember a few of those simple sounding challenges from my youth, involving eating a relatively small number of Weetbix or Salada biscuits without drinking any liquid.
    A mouthful of gluey concrete slurry in short order.

93. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Awful to laugh, but this is a terrible typo/auto-correct in the Oz re the Aged Care system:

“I think it’s very important to have that confidence that we have over 200,000 residents around the country who are safely and carpingly taken care of by magnificent aged care workers.”

stackja
    #3343899, posted on March 5, 2020 at 11:58 am

Jeez, NAB dodged a bullet there.
    Not sure if he was a serious contender, or whether it was just his PR agent pumping up his tyres, but there were reports he was in the mix for the CEO’s job.
    Warringah you say?
    Why not stick with Zali?

95. Cactus

How about this one guys.

Suddenly the lefties at the SMH are concerned that Children might be fearful and need some reassurance regarding the coronavirus. Read this article. Funny how they are merchants of panic and endless world ending articles on global warmening are concerned the kiddies might be scared on this….

96. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Greta wants to lead a school ‘climate strike’.

Sorry, dearie. The government of Italy has got in before you on that.

97. Mother Lode

I saw that too. But on the telly. Not a big story, not much interest. Her celebrity has fallen as quickly as it rose.

The main thing was that her handlers and AGW movement only wanted her while there was a prospect of her embarrassing Trump. That didn’t pan out – she tried using her scowling superpowers but the Greta rays passed right around him.

Greta’s currency has been well and truly spent.

98. Chris

Buttered Weetbix.

Needs un petit peu du Vegemite, n’est pas?

99. Jessie

Top Ender 12.04 referred to article in the Australian article: –
    Stephen Hagan of persistence
    1. the refusal of legal aid by both the Commonwealth Attorney-General’s Department and ATSIC; the rejection of his application to the Federal Court; the unsuccessful appeal to the Full Court; and the unsuccessful application for special leave to appeal to the High Court.
    2. The next step was Hagan’s submission to the United Nations Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination. Here the issue was not whether the sign breached Australian law but whether Australia was in breach of its international obligations under the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination.
    3.That is not the end of the story. The Toowoomba Sports Ground Trust has instituted bankruptcy proceedings against Hagan to recover its costs. In response, Hagan is contending that, in light of Australian accession to the Optional Protocol to the Racial Discrimination Convention, the Racial Discrimination Committee is now in substance incorporated into Australia’s legal system and that as a consequence of the Committee’s finding that the sign should be removed, Hagan was ultimately successful and enforcement of the costs order constitutes an abuse of process. That is a story for another day.

Source: Willheim, Ernst — “Book Review – The N Word: One Man’s Stand” [2005] IndigLawB 66; (2005) 6(15) Indigenous Law Bulletin 21

SH may have more luck adjusting and using this [OECD] EU Trade model for his campaign
    How does FMD operate?

OECD article Trade in fake goods is now 3.3% of world trade and rising discusses counterfeit/fake articles and IP, as does this article
    Genuine or Fake? – How to Spot Fake Fashion Items

In the absence of DNA testing (says Langton), there are many economic models to choose from. Fake art also has form in the fake department.
    Like criminals of every stripe, modern forgers have kept easy pace with the techniques that attempt to trap them. The mismatch between the purported age of a painting and the true age of its ingredients is the workhorse of Martin’s technique. So forgers have grown more rigorous in their harvesting of materials…..
    How to spot a perfect fake: the world’s top art forgery detective
    Source: https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/jun/15/how-to-spot-a-perfect-fake-the-worlds-top-art-forgery-detective

100. Chris

Uganda: Cross-Dressing Con Artist Jailed After Duping Imam into Marriage

Gender is just a social construct. Free the Uganda Xem!

101. Jessie

Top Ender 12.04 am referred to article in the Australian article: –
    Stephen Hagan of persistence

How does FMD operate?

Genuine or Fake? – How to Spot Fake Fashion Items

How to spot a perfect fake: the world’s top art forgery detective

102. Mother Lode

On the site of Lucy’s home they should put a massive concrete monolith with the words ‘Lucy is an over -begoggled daffy goat’ inscribed in giant letters on all sides. And underneath, an smaller letters, ‘Apparently her husband did something famous, but no one really remembers’.

Remember when she triumphantly demolished the claims that the trains in Sydney’s west were filled to overcrowding during peak hour by taking one herself – only to have it emerge she took a train out of Sydney in the morning. Kind of shows that she really has no idea of how people live.

An awful clattering chittering insectoid creature.

103. Some History

Once we get past the toilet paper crisis,

Patricia Arquette: ‘Say No to Mass Extinction and the Destruction of Our Planet. Vote Democrat’

104. Arky

The screw up with the test kits is enough that Fauci and the head of the CDC should resign, and who ever is the federal Health cabinet person also.
    Trump’s fatal flaw shines through again. His tolerance of incompetent tools.
    Anyone buying into the share market bounce should give themselves an uppercut.
    The lack of preparation and outright lies from the political and administrative classes, their willingness to be played by China, their lack of foresight, is going to make this thing much, much worse.
    We have many weeks or maybe months of daily coronavirus atrocities playing out in the media.
    Old people’s homes. Cruise ships. Schools. Churches. Footy clubs.
    Each little cluster and associated deaths is going to contribute to a rising public response that will be counter to the state’s wishes that you: Phase one carry on as normal, then, phase two, contain as per their instructions, then, phase three, respond to their desperate pleas to get back to work and consume as economic activity collapses and puts their hold on wealth and power at risk.
    As it plays out in real time, this will be the final nail in the coffin of any delusion that our betters here are any different to the ruling class in China.

From Mitch’s link

“This is quite a change in what we understand about the virus and it has led to some different ways that we are dealing with the public health issues.”

Well, which is it ‘cheeks’?

And they wonder why people don’t trust them.

Sounds like she’s been acting in one too many end-of-the-world movies.

107. Mother Lode

Uganda: Cross-Dressing Con Artist Jailed After Duping Imam into Marriage

The real source of his fury will be not that he was duped, but the loss of the heaven that was oh so briefly his. His little kooky-nooky. His little sponge-muffin. All those tender moments when he spoke dreamily of killing Jooz and stoning women, and his little bugger-tugger would listen with eyes of supernatural beauty.

108. Bar Beach Swimmer

Albury – City in New South Wales – Albury is an Australian city in southern New South Wales. It sits on the border with Victoria, hugging the vast Murray River.

Too right, it is! It’s Albury and, on the Mexican side of the river, Wodonga.

Not, and I repeat, not, Albury-Wodonga.

Btw the Murray River is inside the border of NSW.

(Wikipedia) ‘The Murray River makes up most of the border between the Australian states of Victoria and New South Wales. Where it does, the border is the top of the bank of the Victorian side of the river (i.e., none of the river itself is actually in Victoria). This was determined in a 1980 ruling by the High Court of Australia, which settled the question as to which state had jurisdiction in the unlawful death of a man who was fishing by the river’s edge on the Victorian side of the river.’

109. Some History

Lil Mike Bloomborg

He came
    He saw
    He plonkered

110. 8th Dan

Not, and I repeat, not, Albury-Wodonga.

Meh … lots of people still recall the growth centre, and refer to it as if it was just one place even though they know it’s two towns, one either side of the Murray River border.

111. Mother Lode

Is a virus any more real than gender? Can’t they just decide not to be infected?

112. Chris

I was so young, so hopeful, and so untutored.

Damn, girl you look nice.
    Very tidy.

Buttered weetbix, peanut butter, sliced banana, drizzle of honey or golden syrup.

Mmmmm.

114. Chris

That’s raaaacist.

115. Some History

That’s raaaacist.

Virusist?

116. Chris

These seagulls that drop in, read a day’s postings and respond to them all, then vanish – bloody idiots.

117. Snoopy

Just a day after the CSIRO admitted in budget estimates that it had no knowledge of studies which linked climate change with Australian bushfires, scientists come to the rescue.

An eight-week study into how heat and drought contributed to the fires concluded that hotter-than-normal conditions in Australia, in particular, showed a strong link to climate change.

It also suggested scientific models may be vastly underestimating coming impacts from rising heat.

As climate-heating emissions continue to increase, “we will be facing these extreme conditions more often than in the past,” said Maarten van Aalst, a climate scientist and director of the Red Cross Red Crescent Climate Centre.

“Should we be worried about this? Yes, very,” he told journalists.

At least this study has solved the mystery of what the Red Cross did with donations it received for bushfire victims.

118. dover_beach

Er…hasn’t this been known for c. two weeks?

Roger, at least a month.

119. Zatara

Anyone buying into the share market bounce should give themselves an uppercut.

The recent volatility in the share markets was much less due to the virus than the fortunes and misfortunes of the Bernie Sanders presidential campaign combined with a market badly in need of an adjustment.

Put lightly, Sanders scares the hell out of business, Wall Street, and anyone with a retirement account (and for damned good reason).

120. Spurgeon Monkfish III

Are the site’s Hamsters laid low with the Kung Flu? It’s slower than a sloth on mogodon.

121. Bar Beach Swimmer

Journos are supposed to know more things than the average bear, or at least have access to information.

Travers a) didn’t know what she was talking about, and b) failed to realise she didn’t know what she was talking about. Strikes one and two.

I remember some years ago The Pope – can’t remember which one, but I think it was Pope Benedict – making a papal tour of Cuba. And, I think it was a Channel 10 reporter – young, female, “hair on a stick” type (that phrase is not my own, but posters from up this way will know the reference) said that it was really lovely that the Cuban government had put up large murals of Jesus all over Havana. It was, in fact, Che Guevara.

122. Mother Lode

Er…hasn’t this been known for c. two weeks?

Roger, at least a month.

Expect four more variations.

Corona comes in 6-packs.

Er…hasn’t this been known for c. two weeks?

Roger, at least a month.

Right…and they are just now taking this into account in their planning.

If this gets out of hand the government and our two chief medico clowns are going to have a lot to answer for.

70+ doctors exposed to a carrier at a radiology conference in Sydney last month.

Interestingly, no confirmed cases among them thus far.

Some History

#3343969, posted on March 5, 2020 at 12:56 pm

Lil Mike Bloomborg

He came
    He saw
    He plonkered

I love the trolling by Trump.
    Right at the exposed nerve.
    He doesn’t attack him for spending $700 meg.
    He tells “astute businessman” Mike that he got played by a whole lot of advertisers and DNC election consultants.
    That hurts.

Er…hasn’t this been known for c. two weeks?

Um, well, yeah.
    Man arrives on plane on the 15th.
    Falls ill (ie starts showing symptoms) on the 19th.
    Elf Departments trying to contact everyone on the plane.
    FMD.
    Why would they be contacting people if the disease wasn’t contagious in the pre-symptomatic stage.
    We are being played for fools in the interests of placating the c h i n k s.

127. John64

Travel from South Korea now banned, still OK from Italy but you have to fill in a questionnaire.

More proof of Australa’s inherent wacism ………

128. Gwendolyn

Arky:

President Trump is being betrayed by Deep States operatives that are hyping the Wuhan virus risk and then undermining the Federal Government’s response and then trying to blame the President for it all.

Trump’s fatal flaw shines through again. His tolerance of incompetent tools.

Did President Trump appoint Dr. Fauci? No. He was appointed by President Reagan!! So blame him if you’re going to blame someone.

calli

#3343975, posted on March 5, 2020 at 1:01 pm

All quite nice things, in and of themselves.
    However, I hope you aren’t eating more than two of them in one dish.

130. Confused Old Misfit

It’s coming to get you!
    And there is very little you can do about it.

131. old bloke

struth
    #3343787, posted on March 5, 2020 at 10:08 am

Good moaning.
    Hands up if you have been killed by coronavirus?

Yep, it got me last night.

It’s not a problem though, you do come back as a zombie.

There’s no doubt the bulk of the Hollywood herd are like this clapped out, ugly whore. But there are a lot of Hollywood who support Trump including big Louie Ferrigno, the incredible Hulk.

133. old bloke

The Cat is so slow today, are we running out of electrons?

Indigenous anger over rise of ‘fake Aborigines’

Exclusive
    Michael McKenna
    Senior Reporter
    @McKennaattheOz
    9:09AM March 5, 2020
    411 Comments

Traditional owners are calling for greater scrutiny of claims of ­Aboriginality, warning that “fake Aborigines” are rorting benefits and criminals may be claiming to be indigenous to avoid deportation

Didn’t Andrew Bolt get his bottom smacked over this issue?

135. Chris

The Cat is so slow today, are we running out of electrons?

The second-stage muon injector is out of phase, at least until the donkey cart reaches the Blue Mountains and unloads at the phase reservoir there.
    I blame the Interconnector usage charges.

It’s not a problem though, you do come back as a zombie.

Ah, that explains this story.

Team Warren Now Fantasizing About Zombie Apocalypse (4 Mar)

Is socialized medicine supposed to stop the zombie apocalypse?

Also, if you’re going to time travel, would trying to elect Warren really be the most effective solution to a zombie apocalypse? It would take a nation of zombies to elect Warren to anything anyway.

No one who is a zombie thinks he, she or xr is a zombie. It’s everyone else who is the zombie. Maybe that’s why lefties have no brains, they’ve been eaten.

137. Chris

Didn’t Andrew Bolt get his bottom smacked over this issue?

What colour is his white arse again?

138. notafan

In hipster cafe in hispeter heartland table sharing.

Topic.

Tales of travel and travel insurance scamming.

Will much use of the word ‘like’.

Tempted to interrupt and ask for views on climate emergency.

But I won’t.

139. notafan

Cat slow evidence of toilet paper shortage/ climate change.

140. johanna

Cat running normally here – I’m using wireless.

Not only do the airheads at TheirABC not know where Albury is, no-one has told them that Bloomberg is out of the race. On the Just In page, a sidebar Explainer (!) story headline says:

‘Bloomberg could be one of the most expensive flops ever. He could also be the next US President.’

FMD. It’s a wonder they remember to change the date every morning.

Oh, and rain, glorious rain, been pattering away at just the right rate to soak in since yesterday. And I note that TheirABC has turned it into a disaster story. Any weather that is not 23C with a light breeze is a disaster to those numpties.

141. Harlequin Decline

Excellent Dave Brown cartoon.

Take the sugar off the table.

Benefits on the basis of need not race.

Problem solved.

143. twostix

Bloomberg’s entry into the race was to launder nearly a billion dollars of money into democrat paramilitary groups and leftwing “pro democracy” puppets.

144. Lil Mike Bloomborg

He came
    He saw
    He plonkered

Stop that. I’m now scrambling to cover my ass by getting on Trump beats Biden @2.38.
    I’ll even have to throw $100 on Trump beats Hillbot 3.0 @29/1 to get myself clear.
    FFS
    The Box, so disappointing!

145. Could be right, twostix.
    It’s bloody perplexing.
    It’s a shitload of coin to blow!

146. Tempted to interrupt and ask for views on climate emergency.

Always carry your MAGA hat in your bag for just such occasions!

147. Mark from Melbourne

I’m now scrambling to cover my ass…

Well, Gunner, I did tell you weeks ago to get on both Hills and Obambi2 as the nom. You chose not to listen. Still reckon Obambi2 is the way to go… and she’s now out to 200/1. A few dollars there would not hurt.

That said, like you, I’m trying to figure out a way to replace the box as my covering bet. Trump def Biden at not much more than 2/1 doesn’t have much appeal just yet.

148. Struth

Um, well, yeah.
    Man arrives on plane on the 15th.
    Falls ill (ie starts showing symptoms) on the 19th.

Elf Departments trying to contact everyone on the plane.
    FMD.
    We are being played for fools in the interests of placating the c h i n k s.

Exactly.
    Honestly what’s a few thousand deaths of Australians compared to upsetting our major “trading partner” and political donator and owner of Australia.

149. Arky

A month ago when looking at the way the coronavirus was spreading, the ratios between deaths and cases, the perplexing lag in detection in countries outside China, I wondered if it wasn’t a single infection, but an interaction between two infections. I put that aside because it didn’t make sense either.
    Now there seems there might be two types of the virus.
    An S type and and L type.

Two separate types of the novel coronavirus — one more aggressive than the other — could be infecting people during the sweeping outbreak, Chinese scientists revealed in a new study.

The preliminary study, conducted by researchers from Peking University’s School of Life Sciences and the Institute Pasteur of Shanghai under the Chinese Academy of Sciences, revealed that the infection has evolved into two major types, designated L and S.

The L type, which is more aggressive, was more prevalent during the early stages of the outbreak in Wuhan — the original epicenter of the virus — and accounted for about 70 percent of analyzed strains. About 30 percent of those strains were linked to the S type, considered less aggressive.
    – New York Post.

150. “We are now sure that there is a possibility

Is this bloke quite certain?

151. Johno

Daughter decided to join the toilet roll derby. She first went to Woolies at Hawker. All gawn,so to woolies at Kippax,all gawn, so Aldis at Kippax. Parked in the rain she sees a woman coming out with two trolleys loaded to the brim with TP. Raining heavily and little woman battling trolleys which want to go their own way,finally makes it to her small car. Raining,lets go of one trolley,it takes off,she grabs it whilst restraining other trolley with her outstretched foot.Fumbles for keys,raining, opens car,trolley takes off again,rinse ,repeat bigly. Finally unloads one trolley,lets that bastard go,starts to unload other trolley, car full, yells ,gives karate kick to TP. Lets the other trolley go,somehow gets into car,has to open window, ’cause car full, drives off into rain with head out window. Grandson returns to car with a 40 pack of TP to find his mum laughing uncontrollably. Who said Canberra was dull?

Now there seems there might be two types of the virus.

As with Spanish Flu; the second strain was much deadlier than the first and took out otherwise healthy young adults in the range of 20-40 years.

153. Harlequin Decline

A couple of weeks ago I estimated that the Case Fatality Rate was 4.7%. Using the same factor of 15% to convert serious cases to fatalities it now seems to be 4.4%.

Too early to tell but it could end up being close to 4%.

154. Struth

Exactly.

The political class are loving this, as I would argue they caused it.
    They most likely can be even blamed for the Chinese having the virus and studying it in the first place by letting them grow though corrupt UN compliance and now they can blame their own socialist destruction on our economy on a bad flu virus.
    They can grab more power.
    It may topple Trump if they get their propaganda into full swing.
    Their “anything but white and western” immigration policies that are overcrowding cities with third world shit cultures has Aussies fighting to wipe their arses.
    For millions of deaths and a world economic depression for revolutionary socialists is what gives them little woodies, happy times for socialists!

Tell me again, how many exact deaths from this in Hivizistan?

We are by far, the dumbest nation on earth.

155. Cassie of Sydney

Just went to Woolworths at Wynyard here in Sydney…shelves stripped bare of toilet paper and pasta.

It is ridiculous.

156. Struth

donator donor
    FMD how embarrassasasasing.

157. Australia is up to 52 cases?
    That seems to be quite a jump.

158. Arky

A lot will ride on how the strains interact.
    Does the S type confer immunity to the L type?
    Or does a subsequent L infection end up worse if you already had a dose of S?

159. Bruce

jo
    #3343199, posted on March 4, 2020 at 5:02 pm posted:

“That one and the original are the only movies Harrison Ford is any good in”

His role in “American Graffiti” is pretty good.

Hes done alright for a bloke who started as a set carpenter at film studios.

160. dopey

” Man locks wife in bathroom over fear she may have coronavirus.”
    At least she has the toilet paper.

161. Arky

Or does a subsequent L infection end up worse if you already had a dose of S?

I tend to this.
    Because;
    1. I’m a pesimist.
    2. It makes some sense of the time lag to infections showing up in the West, in the context of few test kits being available.

162. P

#3343808, posted on March 5, 2020 at 10:33 am
    What sort of a vehicle is this?

Bruce of Newcastle
    #3343818, posted on March 5, 2020 at 10:43 am

Charabanc.

A quick and correct answer, Bruce.
    You gave me the clue for the exact pic of the vehicle.
    Thanks.

No one wants him. He’s poison.
    Bates is from Sleepy Joe’s campaign.

Andrew Bates

@AndrewBatesNC

Yes, customer service? I just received a package that I very much did not order. How can I return it, free of charge? https://twitter.com/Comey/status/1234899712991518722
    James Comey

@Comey

Voted in first Dem primary to support party dedicated to restoring values in WH. I agree with @amyklobuchar: We need candidate who cares about all Americans and will restore decency, dignity to the office. There is a reason Trump fears @joebiden and roots for Bernie. #Biden2020

164. Struth

It’s two virus strains now as told to us by the Chicomms propaganda department.

165. Jessie

Stephen Hagan upset over ‘fakes
    The presiding judge likened Hagan’s objection to ‘Nigger’ to a pink person being offended by a pink truck with ‘Pinky’s Cement Mixer’ written on the side; an analogy which demeaned and trivialised a serious complaint about what is possibly the most racially offensive term in the English language. To rub salt in the wounds, the Courts rejected the argument that this was public interest litigation and awarded costs against Hagan at all stages.

And so……….
    Previously demonstrated persistence, so this issue may well be resolved by him and not the usual others who utilise gagging.

1. the tale begins with his complaint to the Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission and talks of the unwillingness of the Toowoomba Sports Ground Trust to participate in the Commission’s face-to-face conciliation process. Hagan notes the Brisbane solicitor who agreed to take on his Federal Court application on a pro bono basis; the refusal of legal aid by both the Commonwealth Attorney-General’s Department and ATSIC; the rejection of his application to the Federal Court; the unsuccessful appeal to the Full Court; and the unsuccessful application for special leave to appeal to the High Court. ……………..
    3. That is not the end of the story. The Toowoomba Sports Ground Trust has instituted bankruptcy proceedings against Hagan to recover its costs. In response, Hagan is contending that, in light of Australian accession to the Optional Protocol to the Racial Discrimination Convention, the Racial Discrimination Committee is now in substance incorporated into Australia’s legal system and that as a consequence of the Committee’s finding that the sign should be removed, Hagan was ultimately successful and enforcement of the costs order constitutes an abuse of process. ……………….

166. feelthebern

Fresh on the AFR website.
    Today the RBA sat down with the AFR & outlined how they will “do” QE.
    Less fucking talking boys.
    More doing.

167. Trump def Biden at not much more than 2/1 doesn’t have much appeal just yet.

Anything attached to Trump with a 2 in front of it looks good to me, Marky.
    Trump to win more than 304 EC votes is also, curiously, @2.38.
    Arma, why is 2.38 important??

168. No one wants him. He’s poison.
    Bates is from Sleepy Joe’s campaign.

Big if True!
    The Deep State know Comey is going to a Federal prison!
    Disavow, Joe, disavow now.

169. Jessie

Sort of like sudden family members arriving to claim inclusion in the will of a rich deceased. In the absence of DNA.

170. Val Majkus

Man tasered after allegedly assaulting pair in toilet paper argument at Big W in Tamworth today … are we all going mad? Dropped into Coles in Tamworth; didn’t check loo paper but tissues are in high demand

171. Knuckle Dragger

Lizzie, 12.14;

‘Us oldies may have had their day.’

‘Us’ oldies?

172. feelthebern

Footage of the RBA’s modelling of cutting interest rates by 25bps.

Take the sugar off the table.

The definition of indigenous is naturally existing in a place or country rather than arriving from another place. The 42nd nations do not satisfy this definition; they came from Ceylon ~ 15000bya and displaced 2 sets of people who had come here before them.

This fact alone should be enough to contradict all claims and benefits for the 65th nations. Except that the definition of aboriginality is now that group of persons in the modern Australian population who are descended from the inhabitants of Australia immediately prior to European settlement. Of the 3 criteria, biological connection, self identification and community acceptance, biology is the crucial one although even with that there are qualifications given prior racism, consequent disguise of aboriginality to avoid prejudice and loss of records.

174. Shoosh, Jessie, BlackBall said he’s going to hook us all up.
    Treaty $$ going to be easy $$
    #Nowhistlecocking

175. Jessie

Elder Stephen Hagan of such fame
    HREOC Federal (booted) and then submission to the United Nations Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination and then

should look to the literature on fakes. A burgeoning industry of some billions.

176. Mark from Melbourne

Anything attached to Trump with a 2 in front of it looks good to me, Marky.

True, but anything with Biden in it just doesn’t hold water for me. This “Biden surge” is the political equivalent of the bog roll panic.

But handy, because it pretty much ensures a brokered convention, in which, somewhere, there is bound to be value.

I await your erstwhile advice. For now, my dosh is staying firmly in pocket…. although if Bernie as nom gets out to (in)decent odds the odd fiver might float in that direction.

177. Knuckle Dragger

Lode, 12.31;

‘Greta’s currency has been well and truly spent.’

Dunno.

She might get another run after Markle-Simpson declares her love of drinking from the furry cup.

She probably like balding povo rangas.

178. dover_beach

Feser on The other way to lose a war:

In Anscombe’s view, then, pacifism thereby leads to more rather than less killing of the innocent. It is held up as a noble ideal when in fact it is simply a grave moral error that has obscene unintended consequences. The correct attitude is to recognize the natural law principle that it is only the intentional killing of the innocent, rather than all killing as such, that is morally wrong, and then to formulate principles to guide us in determining the conditions under which the killing of evildoers is called for, the means by which this might legitimately be done, the circumstances when risk of unintended civilian deaths can be justified by double effect, and so forth. That is what traditional just war theory does.

Now, what I want to suggest is that there is an analogous error in too much modern American thinking about matters of war. The idea seems to be that war is such an obscenity that only a grandiose end can justify it. On this view, merely repelling an aggressor or deterring his future evildoing is not good enough. The endgame must always involve tyrants being overthrown, oppression banished, happy voters standing in queue, children dancing in the streets, etc. Hence, when we see that some particular war is indeed necessary, the tendency is to try to turn it into a World War II style liberation and reconstruction.

Exactly. Which is why the choice faced re the A-bomb and Japan was not only between their use or land invasion of Japan, but the third option which would have involved conditional rather than unconditional surrender and never invading the Japanese mainland but removing them from all foreign soil.

179. Knuckle Dragger

‘I was so young, so hopeful and so untutored.’

She’s got it! By Jove, I think she’s got it!

180. feelthebern

This “Biden surge” is the political equivalent of the bog roll panic.

Biden is surging similar to the way soiled undies slide down the toilet cubicle wall.

181. Struth

They have always hated ABBArigines getting at their cash for race, gold mine.

They just had to wait until Aussies were sufficiently dumbed down so as to not ask why people would make those claims, and brainwashed enough to want to give abo’s more anyway due to them being victims of colonial arseholes like me.

Treaty nowwww…

183. Bruce

That “Spanish Flu” back in the early-ish 20th Century actually killed more people in Europe AND around the world than the meat-grinder of the Western front. My maternal Grandfather only barely survived his khaki-clad “European adventure tour”; between gas, bullets, artillery and the daily living surrounded by death and disease at the “pointy end”. What took him off to “recuperate” in England was the cumulative result of four years of a very poor “lifestyle”.

Appearing right at the end of that war, the “Spanish Flu” struck millions of people who were stressed, malnourished, stricken by injuries and sundry other more mundane ailments, like polio, Tuberculosis, Whooping Cough, measles, Mumps, Rubella, etc.. You know; the sorts of things that would slaughter and cripple millions more before functional antibiotics and things like the Salk vaccine and other inoculations started to be widely used in the 1930’s.

184. feelthebern

cohenite, please stop posting the links to the gay p0rn sites.
    It’s killing the Cat.

He can’t help himself, Bern. That’s what years and years of apportioning water rates does to someone like him. Sad.

186. Jessie

Herewith some models for Hagan’s crusade against fakes and the associated costs to this creative industry of art n culture……..

How to spot a perfect fake: the world’s top art forgery detective [Sothebys and their use of technology + science]

Genuine or Fake? – How to Spot Fake Fashion Items
    Source: https://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/genuine-fake-how-spot-fake-fashion-items.html

Even the EU is concerned oft fakes and imitation- provides a great flowchart
    How does the FMD operate?

OECD is concerned with statistics of fakes. Similar, but in another realm as to Langton quoting ABS population cf census stats that even the ABS cannot account for the increases.
    Trade in fake goods is now 3.3% of world trade and rising
    Source: https://www.oecd.org/newsroom/trade-in-fake-goods-is-now-33-of-world-trade-and-rising.htm

Counterfeit might be the general term in such an environment of IP over land and sea, art, colour and culture. or fraud.

187. Fisky

The reason why China is touting the two strains of virus theory is to claim that one of them did not originate in China. I’m not saying that the second strain is non-existent, but its purpose going forward will be to try to pretend foreigners are equally to blame for this.

188. This “Biden surge” is the political equivalent of the bog roll panic.
    Good point that.
    How do people go on the teev and spruik Joe Biden? The guy is a joke.
    But Michael is NOT going to get the bikkie.
    Even Hillary, hasn’t been making the right noises to suggest she’ll run either, but I’m still on a Watch&Act with her.
    Bloomberg’s Plan, as I saw it, just got a great fillip with Joe doing better than expected on Sooper Clow…Tuesday…
    More likely a brokered Convention, stay in the race and wait for your $$$ to talk in the second round, or Joe to take one for the crew and back out for health reasons…
    Something is definitely up!

189. BetEasy right now – Trump beats Biden 1.9
    Bernie, 12/1

Chuck Schumer threatening SCOTUS judges if they don’t tow the D’rat line.

191. @Sportsbet
    Trump beats Biden 1.83.
    Ladbrokes have missed the jump, still [email protected].

192. liliana

As we are being replaced if don’t think they really care that much. Publicly they are doing a Jacinda but I suspect they are more interested in keeping our new masters happy. If a few oldies get it in the neck then that’s the cost of keeping the wheels from totally falling of the collapsing economy. If nothing else the virus has shown how vulnerable all western nations are to reliance on China. And the way the universities has been bending over backwards to accommodate the imminent arrival of more incubators is both disgusting and embarrassing.

193. Not everyone’s booked on a kamikaze cruise and resigned themselves to certain death (liveblogged on Quadrant) y’know.

😄

I’ve never seen anything like Schumer’s threat against the two Justices.
    Total turd of a man.

195. Chuck Schumer never visited Epstein Island I don’t think?
    He was at the other one, off Haiti, with the boys.
    For sure.

196. Hillary officially went to Epstein Island 6 times.
    She digs the teens there, no doubt.
    Hi Andrew!

197. Mark from Melbourne

At Sportsbet, for the Dem Nominee, Hills is now third fave at 18/1.

Next line is the Cherokee and Obambi2 at 66/1.

Bernie at 6/1.

Joe is 1.12. To say that is a bit short in a race which effectively has virtually unlimited runners is not gilding the lily.

Arma, we need your advice!!

198. Fk, I think it’s Hillary.
    Tiger? Your prediction please.

199. candy

There is a multi billion dollar stimulus on the way, apparently. Frydenberg and Morrison are doing exactly what Kevin Rudd encouraged.

I actually think they have wanted to do this even without the effects of the virus, to get the sluggish economy moving.

200. Don’t worry about the TP paper, we’re talkin real paper!
    Fkn Democrats!

201. Mark from Melbourne

Don Surber makes a very good point…

Axios reported,

“Mike Bloomberg will pay for the nearly 500 staffers on his presidential campaign to continue working through November to support whoever wins the 2020 Democratic nomination, even if it’s not him, NBC News reports.

“Why it matters: The former New York mayor is focused on getting President Trump out of the White House, and his vast operation — focused beyond the traditional early states — could provide a strong foundation in key battleground states, like North Carolina and Pennsylvania.”

I am curious as to why the Plutocrat is exempt from campaign finance limits. You can spend whatever you want on your own campaign, but not someone else’s. The plan is to pretend they are not working for the nominee.

202. Joe is 1.12. To say that is a bit short in a race which effectively has virtually unlimited runners is not gilding the lily
    Yeah, bloody oath.
    Shadyness!
    I’m gonna roll one to give me some clarity. I’m freaking out here in the rain.
    And it’s too warm for the hoodie, too chilly for the KAG tee…
    Cruel Summer, why do you torment me so?!?!

203. Jessie

By the end of the twelfth century, genealogy had become the surest means of preserving the memory of one’s ancestors and of enhancing the prestige of an elite family. Demonstrated birth and membership in an aristocratic family became the legitimizing criteria for anyone who wanted to take advantage of the automatic inheritance system for fiefs. By 1500, a ‘well born’ man thought of his ancestors and descendants as a group of people through whose veins flowed the same noble blood. (ibid., 4

Australian Native Title Anthropology

Oh, Hagan is calling for anthropology not science

204. candy

liliana

Hi liliana.
    You really have the nicest screen name.

205. Jessie

as a group of people through whose veins flowed the same noble blood

I guess that is the real issue with DNA testing. Who belongeth to whom?

206. Jessie

Might be some real horrors discovered/unearthed with DNA testing as vs oral histories.
    Is this Langton et al real worry? And why the control of data is so so strict. And only those deemed ‘culturally suitable’ allowed to delve into the bloodbath and publish. Thus establishing ‘truths’ for the ongoing narrative.

207. Jessie

Genuine or Fake? – How to Spot Fake Fashion Items

Even the EU is concerned oft fakes and imitation- provides a great flowchart
    How does the FMD operate?

OECD is concerned with statistics of fakes. Similar, but in another realm as to Langton quoting ABS population cf census stats that even our ABS cannot account for the increases 1996-2016.
    Trade in fake goods is now 3.3% of world trade and rising

Counterfeit might be the general term in such an environment of IP over land and sea, art, colour and culture. Or serious fraud.

208. Struth

That’s right, they tax and depower millions of us out of our jobs, so they can waste that money on consultants, and idiotic schemes.
    This is called stimulus.
    It really should be called stuffingus.

Is 1/8th Wang aboard the Ablution of the Seas?

210. Knuckle Dragger

Biden. Sanders.
    Bernie. Joe. Corn Pop.

Hillary, where art thou?

211. Jessie

Genuine or Fake? – How to Spot Fake Fashion Items

Even the EU is concerned oft fakes and imitation- provides a great flowchart
    How does the FMD operate?

OECD is concerned with statistics of fakes. Similar, but in another realm as to Langton quoting ABS population cf census stats that even our ABS cannot account for the increases.
    Trade in fake goods is now 3.3% of world trade and rising

212. Hey Lizzie, I think it’s cool that you’re going to Mexico on your cruise. I’d fkn go 😎
    And, if the worst happens, y’all can be Cat journos onboard the Corona Carnival’e.

213. Arky

You’re not a ninety year old lady.

214. twostix

Democrats were counting on pulling all the dirty money they’ve made and hidden in the Ukraine out to unleash on Trump this election cycle.

That’s a little too obvious now.

Remember they don’t have access to Clinton’s money laundering scheme anymore.

So Bloomberg stepped in to act as a lender. Through him millions and billions will flow.

215. I called it early – Trump will roll out our man, Corn Pops, granddaughters in MAGA hats at the second “Presidential Debate”
    Can you even imagine Joe going toe2toe with 45 in front of millions?
    Lol
    Hillary was a pro, her debate performances were decent.
    The god Emperor blew her away.
    I almost feel sorry for the poor bastard, to be honest.

I dare say it’s a plausible hypothesis, twostix.

217. feelthebern

Hillary officially went to Epstein Island 6 times.
    She digs the teens there, no doubt.
    Hi Andrew!

Can you imagine the horror some young boy went through, having to much on Hillary’s rug?

218. twostix

This is the tip of the iceberg.

219. Arky, it’s not the zombie apocalypse virus.
    It’s already mutating and getting weaker.
    As per, logic.

feelthebern
    #3344091, posted on March 5, 2020 at 3:04 pm
    cohenite, please stop posting the links to the gay p0rn sites.
    It’s killing the Cat.

No doubt, but where did I do that. No matter challenge accepted.

STFU head prefect, but as a concession to your confused sexuality here’s John Wayne semi nude:

And Cary Grant similarly unclad:

Both have much better torsos then head prefect so hopefully he will be inspired to get off his arse and lose a few dozen kilos.

221. Bern, no boys on Epstein Island, mate.
    Gotta Keep Em Seperated
    Heeyyyyy,heeyyyyy!
    Don’t pay no Mind.
    H/t the Offspring

Rumour has it that Hillary is a girl’s girl. I’ll see if I can dig up a few photos.

223. feelthebern

I haven’t seen the Democrats rip off someone like they have Bloomberg since they filleted Stringer Bell from Baltimore.

224. feelthebern

Geez.
    Munch.
    Not much.

225. feelthebern

Geez.
    Munch.
    Not much.

226. Old School Conservative

The Herald Sun this morning: In the state’s north, Albury has recorded the state’s highest rainfall at 76.6mm since 9am yesterday.
    Me posting a comment at 8ish: As a proud New South Welshman, could I say “Hands off our town”
    Albury is north of the Murray river which is a natural border between Victoria and us.
    Albury is in NSW.
    Talk about all the rain you like in Wodonga, but keep Albury in its correct State please.

Now: comment rejected. BUT the article has been re-written and the offending geographical howler has been punted.

227. bespoke

JC
    #3344089, posted on March 5, 2020 at 3:01 pm
    Oh God

Mate, every time you do you that it reminds me of that chick flick. Please stop.

228. Heard a news report on the hour over the airwaves. Apparently the Bureau of Meteorology buggered up according to the spokesman of that institution. Flannerys for Melbourne wasn’t accurate with a month’s worth of rain falling in 24 hours. Yet these fuckwits claim to know precisely how much the temperature will rise over the next century. What a time to be alive.

229. Stringer?
    Dude had Game, yo!
    I’m gonna pour out a 40 for his black ass right now.
    Clay still got him good tho
    🤣🤣

230. If anyone wants to know what Obama style corrupt community activist model looks like on many Amerikan cities, watch The Wire for it all laid bare.
    Corruption? Oh Lawd

231. Tailgunner, never feel sorry for the demise of Biden. Or any Democrat.

232. Old School Conservative

Tailgunner, could you put a translation in brackets after your posts?
    (Asking for a Boomer friend).

233. feelthebern

I felt sorry for Stringer at the end.
    Having the DNC vacuum attached to his wallet…
    Barksdale was right saying those councilmen were more crooked than any dealer.

234. Sheeeit, Stringer got,GOT in the end,yo.
    NYC preacher hitter, and my man, Omar, grabbin the jump on him.
    He went down like a man though.
    Respect

235. feelthebern

Brother gots to get paid !

236. Old School, all I’ll say is give The Wire a go, if you wanna hang in the hood of West Baltimore.
    Possibly Amerikas most violent neighbourhood.
    Then you’ll start to get the dialect.
    😎
    It grows on you, yo 😃

237. feelthebern

Two of the biggest shows in the last 20 years.
    The Wire (DNC corruption in Baltimore).
    House of Cards (DNC corruption in Washington).
    Yet they lap that shit up.
    What gives?

They’ve got the photos?

239. feelthebern

Stringer: No doubt, no doubt.

240. Omar Little, one of the best characters I’ve ever seen fleshed out. Props to the actor that played.
    Googling now…
    Actually, nah nah, I don’t want to know.
    Dude will always be Omar to me.
    Well played, Player.

241. feelthebern

Stringer Bell corporate training.
    No doubt, no doubt.