Thursday Forum: April 2, 2020

1,385 Responses to Thursday Forum: April 2, 2020

1. rickw

One thing Australian’s in general don’t understand is the importance of Showing Force. John Mark has some interesting thoughts on this.

There is one exception though. The muesli’s in Australia totally understand this.

2. feelthebern

For years I thought one of those blokes was Ian Chappell.

Based on that level of “evidence” Louise Milligan could write a novella & tart it up into a court case.

3. feelthebern

Top o’ the page to yer !

Tell me this chap isn’t fluent in young man penis.

Reminds me of a weirdy beardy confirmed bachelor look-alike who wore shorts to work shorter than Reno 911’s closet gay, Lieutenant Jim Dangle, and hung around the young blokes.

5. rickw

The Fairey Swordfish.

I’ll raise you a Bolton Paul Defiant!

6. Crossie

notafan
    #3390091, posted on April 2, 2020 at 10:22 pm
    Trojan? I don’t know how to tell

the article about the Chilean socialist desperately trying to get out of Cuba.

There’s no way I’m going to click on that link but the subject itself is funny enough.

7. notafan

I don’t know JC

I’m sick of the finger pointing because of that one incident.

The ‘public’ are no better than the witch finders of old.

8. feelthebern

Reno 911.
    That be some funny shit.

IIRC the two Curiosity Show hosts had wives and families?

10. Knuckle Dragger

According to the ABC site George P3ll had a nice little sideline as a Chinese wet market owner.

11. Knuckle Dragger

Egg,

Ian Chappell was married at the time, yes.

12. Crossie

notafan
    #3390106, posted on April 2, 2020 at 10:29 pm
    I don’t know JC

I’m sick of the finger pointing because of that one incident.

The ‘public’ are no better than the witch finders of old.

Oh come on, the public in Australia wouldn’t stir themselves unless their stash was on fire.

13. feelthebern

One of my favourite Reno 911 clips.

14. notafan

Crossie it’s a good article.

They don’t even have soap.

And they definitely aren’t panic buying toilet paper.

15. Geriatric Mayfly

Thanks Mango for your gallantry in spending that hour exposed to baying primitives.

16. notafan

They let their fingers do the witch finding these days.

Twitter etc.

17. feelthebern

Crime Channel just started a doco on John Wayne Gacy.
    He’s one of the biggest freaks to ever walk the planet.

18. Crossie

Knuckle Dragger
    #3390110, posted on April 2, 2020 at 10:31 pm

Racists!!!

Fan

I didn’t bring it up. DB did and I commented to his reply meant for someone else.

Knuckle Dragger

#3390111, posted on April 2, 2020 at 10:31 pm

Egg,

Ian Chappell was married at the time, yes.

To Greg I think.

21. Crossie

notafan
    #3390115, posted on April 2, 2020 at 10:32 pm
    Crossie it’s a good article.

They don’t even have soap.

And they definitely aren’t panic buying toilet paper.

OK, I’ll give it a scan.

22. Knuckle Dragger

I read in Ribald Magazine once that Greg and Ian had a Juan thing going with Trevor.

23. rickw

Plus a fearful public applying for gun licences in such numbers that the cops shut the gun shops down?

When they finally open the gates on this again, the cops are going to absolutely shit themselves over the sheer number thanks to their antics:

1). Existing gun owners deciding they’re actually a bit light on for guns an ammo.
    2). Those who just scraped in, one gun is definitely not enough.
    3). Those who just missed out and spent the whole time lamenting the fact.
    4). Those who’d never given it a thought, even in a crisis, but realised that it definitely is important seeing as the cops were excited enough to act illegally on the matter.

The other strand to the ABC hit-job is to pressure Pope Fonzie to sack him.
    Standby for a parade of “devout Catholics” screaming for him to be fired.

25. feelthebern

I’m hearing Louise Milligan has started working on exposing the Chappell brothers based on an anonymous comment on an economics blog.

Another Reno 911 classic:

27. feelthebern

Standby for a parade of “devout Catholics” screaming for him to be fired

Like KK & Bill Shorten.

29. Crossie

notafan
    #3390115, posted on April 2, 2020 at 10:32 pm
    Crossie it’s a good article.

They don’t even have soap.

And they definitely aren’t panic buying toilet paper.

OK, I’ll give it a scan.

There only one snag, I don’t speak Spanish.

Knuckle Dragger

#3390123, posted on April 2, 2020 at 10:36 pm

It’s Adelaide.
    Highly probable.

31. Knuckle Dragger

‘Standby for a parade of “devout Catholics” screaming for him to be fired.’

Liability Bob, show some leadership to the Plenary Council and get cracking.

32. Fleeced

Hey dudes, don’t get hating on the Curiosity Show guys. Everybody from the 70s and early 80s TV shows looked like that.

33. Crossie

feelthebern
    #3390128, posted on April 2, 2020 at 10:38 pm
    Standby for a parade of “devout Catholics” screaming for him to be fired

Like KK & Bill Shorten.

Or Nancy Pelosi and Joe Biden in the US who are such strong advocates for abortion rights.

34. Peter the old fossil

There are no good choices.

True, Keith. But we can at least maybe throw a spanner in the works and slow this down.
    I’ve pushed this before – maybe people will be more receptive this time.

Forget political parties – you’ll only have four choices next time anyway, and whichever one you back the end result will be more of the same.

So instead of voting FOR somebody, vote AGAINST somebody. Put the sitting member last.
    That way you threaten their personal snout in the trough. Threaten enough of them, publicly enough, and we just might see some of them suddenly start to take an interest in what the voters in their electorate want – purely out of self interest.

It’s a long shot I know, but as far as I can see it’s the only one we have now.

35. notafan

Crossie

You can pick English language translation

It will never ever happen of course, but as a mind exercise, what would happen if none of the candidates would get any valid votes?

Like very voter just voted informal? None of the above sort of thing?

37. notafan

I know JC

That photo keeps being republished as though it reveals some incredible truth.

I suppose it does.

38. WDYSIA

areff

#3389639, posted on April 2, 2020 at 6:24 pm

I hope you will publish that somewhere. It deserves wider dissemination.

Andrew Cuomo, NY governor saying the chunk virus will irrevocably change society. As clear a statement of intent by left wing kunts that they are going to use the chunk virus to take further power. We’re seeing it here.

40. notafan

He would say that.

New York is making Wuhan good.

China lie

People die.

41. Peter the old fossil

Like very voter just voted informal? None of the above sort of thing?

Assuming they get at least one formal vote, and most of them live in their own electorate and would vote for themselves, they would win.

42. Graham

The ‘Curiosity Show’ guys (ex uni lecturers) are still around the place in Adelaide and wrote a letter to our local newspaper just the other week flogging their shows as a student resource during the shutdown. It may not be a good idea to defame them.

43. Knuckle Dragger

George Pell is actually Wayne Harmes, who cost Collingwood the 1979 flag by handballing to some other silvertail in the goal square from underneath his auntie’s picnic basket in the crowd.

44. MatrixTransform

So instead of voting FOR somebody, vote AGAINST somebody

and that’s why I still think of you as MemoryFault

45. Knuckle Dragger

‘It may not be a good idea to defame them.’

Only if you’re studying for your Certificate II in Ancient Mousetraps.

46. Infidel Tiger

New York is finished.

Why would the poorer people stay in a high taxing, disease ridden metropolis?

Head to the burbs and the sunbelt.

Cronkite

Tell us something about the left we don’t know.

From my inbox as it came from my Polish friend (and client)

Two countess rode their carriages and met on the bridge. Each of them thought that the other should give way. Believe it or not, the dispute lasted several weeks! Finally the dispute went to the king. The king issued a verdict: “The younger one must give way to the older”.

Then they both turned back and left…

49. Geriatric Mayfly

Like KK & Bill Shorten.

And the man of the moment The Hunchback.

Artie

Nothing takes out the Apple, not planes crashing into buildings…not even De Blasio.

51. feelthebern

Did the royal commission look at Young Talent Time?

52. Peter the old fossil

and that’s why I still think of you as MemoryFault

I’m completely open to suggestions Matrix. Enlighten me with your brilliant alternative.
    If you’ve got a better idea I’m prepared to spend money and time promoting it.
    Fire away.

53. Geriatric Mayfly

Did the royal commission look at Young Talent Time?

Is that the same show from which Liberace plucked a peach?

China lie

People die.

Had an other correspondence from someone who follows this scare more closely than I am

He said, looking at the graph of the infections and deaths flattening out at Wohan, there can only be 3 explanations.
    1. The virus had its run
    2. The Chinese are lying.
    3. They had the antiviral vaccine all along and applied it.

I have not the slightest clue.

55. MatrixTransform

Fire away.

show us yr tits

ya back flipping wanker

56. notafan

Knowing CCP history and their underhanded stripping of ppe from several countries including Australia in February what would be your reasonable stab in the dark?

This dude gets a pic and piece in the WSJ because he picked the cruise liners being decapitated.

Valiant Capital, led by Chris Hansen, started in February placing bets against some cruise lines, airlines and travel companies before almost anyone else.

Chris Hansen saw it coming.

Why not me and Liz – my trade inspiration.?

58. WDYSIA

It’s all about Milligan, only about Milligan.
    From her Twitter feed here:

Louise Milligan

@Milliganreports

“Where’s my Mum? I didn’t have a Mum.” Suicidal Bernie, morning of committal. “I’m due to get grilled like I’m the fuckin’ villain. That’s why victims don’t come forward.” Having insight into this grilling when I was witness in #Pell case, I understand, Bernie. 1/2

9:35 PM · Apr 2, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Retweets

369

Likes

Louise Milligan

@Milliganreports

51m

Replying to

@Milliganreports

2/2 I thought of you guys every single moment of that disgusting process. Those of you who would endure that, behind closed doors, to “protect” you, with no media security. I don’t blame you for pulling out. Well done for getting that far. #RevelationABC #Pell

295

About 300 likes. That doesn’t seem like very much traction on Twitter. Are people perhaps tiring of this faux outrage? Has a genuine crisis, which confronts everybody’s mortality, knocked some sense and perspective into some people?

59. MatrixTransform

Why not me and Liz – my trade inspiration.?

just count yr money

My stab in the dark would be that they had the vaccine from the start, nay, way before the start and applied it to the essential personal.

Then they let it rip, what’s 1 or 3 mil people to those who have a billion?

Do I sound like Anne.
    In this case I’m teetering.

61. Rex Mango

Steve T, thanks for Miles Davis, here is Charlie Parker & Dizzie Gillespie:

62. Peter the old fossil

show us yr tits

So, plenty of drunken vitriol but nothing constructive to actually offer.
    That’s about par for the course for you these days, Matrix.
    Frankly, it’s past irksome – now it’s just boring.

63. bespoke

Do I sound like Anne.

Switch to Woodstock cans Mark before it’s to late.

64. MatrixTransform

c’mon, show us yr tits.

…what? haven’t you got any?

65. MatrixTransform

in a pandemic how long do you think yr idiot charade can stand up?

66. Fisky

Wow. Just had a look on the LinkedIn feed, and what an absolute sewer of pro-CCP propaganda. Truly disgusting people.

67. Peter the old fossil

This must be the only blog with a resident drunk.

Woodstock

Whoever was responsible for this abomination should be impaled, removed from the stake, drawn, quartered and then hung by the neck until deceased.

And this is the merciful treatment.
    Do not ask for the cruel version of punishment it is too gruesome, some people would not sleep for weeks hearing of it.

69. MatrixTransform

listen to these fuckwits.

MemoryVault, Lizzard, NumpTard, Smellie …

SpazzBook, LinkDown …

it’s all the same gibber

charades over, retards.

70. Rex Mango

Here is Charlie Parker in good form:

71. feelthebern

OJ on Tiger King.

72. MatrixTransform

go on MemoryFault, give us another conspiracy theory in a frock

your credibility is skyrocketing

73. Fisky

A correspondent within the PRC writes (this is happening all the time now):

Yesterday I was kicked out from (bar)
    They asked me to leave right away
    They said, sorry, there is a foreign virus. You have to go

So the incredibly dumb conspiracy campaign by PRC diplomats has taken hold at the street level. Well done, knuckleheads.

1. The virus had its run

Started back in June – hence, SloMo talking of “6 months” of isolation type stuff here, IMO.

75. Fisky

*Walter Bloomberg
    @DeItaOne
    30m
    BofA Securities Sees ‘Deepest Recession on Record’ with Three Quarters of Shrinking GDP

7% in 1Q, 30% in 2Q and 1% in
    3Q. They expect this to be followed by a “pop ” in 4Q

China has literally erased about $30 trillion in GDP, but globalists want there to be NO REPERCUSSIONS at all! In fact some globalists want all tariffs removed from China immediately!

We must stop listening to, and start censoring and shutting up, globalists.

After declaring the coronavirus a pandemic by the World Health Organization (WHO), agendas that had been prepared years ago were set into motion and the state agencies followed the procedures that were prescribed by the International Health Regulations (IHR) as the international legal instrument that is binding on 196 countries across the globe, including all the Member States of WHO.

ScoMo covering his @rse.

77. Peter the old fossil

Not all Woodstock is bad, Mark.

78. mh

I remember Louis Theroux did a doco with this Tiger King guy.

That was many years ago.

79. Infidel Tiger

We’ve gone from globalism to WA having a complete border lockdown in 3 weeks.

The illusion of permanence.

Here’s where I disagree … based on real available information although not 100% perfect.

An entire world of medical research has been unable to create a vaccine for the common cold after perhaps 50 years trying, and although there are flu vaccines they are not very effective and you need a new one every year. If it was me and I was letting rip with a deadly bioweapon, I sure as heck would want something more reliable than that. Not saying that I have a great idea about how megalomaniacs operate, but I expect self preservation to be on the list somewhere.

Here is just a sample of cruelty I have in mind for Woodstock drinkers.
    My lame pics.

82. mh

Belgium now getting into it.

183 new deaths.

The dark horse.

Tel
    #3390191, posted on April 2, 2020 at 11:31 pm

The common cold virus wasn’t created with a blueprint stored on a computer.

LinkedIn

Started in the early noughties for Salesmen’s networking IIRC.

85. bespoke

Have you ever slept in a barrel, Mark?

86. dover_beach

At the end of this, the CCP should be begging for bat soup, because all they should be given here in is a never-ending shit sandwich.

Tel
    #3390191, posted on April 2, 2020 at 11:31 pm

PS we do not have the code of the original code19 the chinese won’t give it to us.
    What we have are mutations.

So ScoMo’s just a tool of the WHO.

Stuck a toe in the water, and brought a few stocks for the portfolio. Watch this space…

90. Infidel Tiger

What else does the Chinese Century have install for us?

So far it sucks bat dicks.

Here is just a sample of cruelty I have in mind for Woodstock drinkers.
    My lame pics.

Always appreciate the laugh, Mark A, thank you.

My work takes me deep underground mere barrels scare me not.

93. Rex Mango

Not seen this clip for a long time & pretty lame , but Waylon Jennings steals the song, another Jimmy Webb classic too. Going out to all those in Lockdown around the world:

What we have are mutations.

They sent part of the code Globally in short order – suss?

95. Twostix

Visiting LinkedIn is like turning on the TV news and seeing senior colleagues in the background of footage of the mardi-gras dressed in drag.

Respect level immediately goes to zero. Repulsion enters.

96. feelthebern

Some glorious Louis CK.

97. Rex Mango

Tel, agree. Government is way too dumb to dream up COVID19 & particularly the Chinese version. Government’s basic job is building roads, collecting rubbish. No matter how many James Bond movies you watch, they aren’t in the business of global domination through virus. Just the way every country in the world has stepped into line to stop this current one is proof of that.

Source: European mortality bulletin week 12, 2020

The point to note is that there has been an increased mortality rate in specific areas of Italy yet in relative terms the heightened frequency of deaths is not strong enough to show up in the national statistics. The epicenter of the virus outbreak in Italy is concentrated in its Northern part and there in specific cities. The overall reported death toll of COVID-19 does not appear in a significant measure beyond earlier peaks.

egg_
    #3390205, posted on April 2, 2020 at 11:38 pm

They sent part of the code Globally in short order – suss?

Your guess is as good as mine.
    What proof did they provide so far?
    Do I trust them ?
    Not on you Nellie.

I’m a mining and mechanical engineer not a virologist but I can put two and two together.

100. Mick Gold Coast QLD

From Tel at 10:39 pm:

“Mick I will dial it back and request something ScoMo has done, with respect to the current virus outbreak that was quite reasonably good … not excellent, not outstanding, but at least something we could mostly agree was about the right thing to do under the circumstances.”

Good. I’m happy to deal with you Tel, I think I have indicated that previously, particularly because you most often express a position based on a rational analysis rather than on an emotional basis.

My first point was Morrison was being dealt with politely by Spicer, and my main point was that he’s doing a better job than the snipers and avid critics would be able to do.

“quite reasonably good”: Whilst he is not at all the accomplished communicator I saw in Howard, Bill Clinton, Keating and Bob Hawke, I say Morrison speaks in a clear and uncomplicated style which allows him to appear capable. He seems to order his thoughts well enough. All of that is most important in convincing people the Government knows what it is doing.

He does not need to play the Uncle Buck role, or to refer to his own family, he doesn’t have to personalise it and be the voters’ good friend – that is a mistake he makes. He merely needs to outline the point he wants to make for the day, throw it over to a medico or the Customs/Immigration minister or the Attorney General to elaborate, field a few questions from the media and leave.

Mind you, I have long puzzled at the importance given to any prime minister standing up and pretending to be the man steering the ship, plotting its course, shoveling coal into the boilers and diarising events. I don’t look to Canberra to reassure myself and I don’t like that the media pushes readers/viewers to believing that is important.

I’ll not comment much on this initiative or that, or timing, tardiness or being precipitous because I listen only for the material relevant to me and my family. I believe he did not close access for Chinese students quickly and decisively enough when that was an obvious necessity. He must step in and publicly disagree with any cops, public servants or ministers who start the authoritarian schtik because that is poisonous to his standing.

101. Crossie

We must stop listening to, and start censoring and shutting up, globalists.

These are the same people who used to call themselves citizens of the world until they got into trouble overseas and then call on their nearest embassy or consulate.

102. Rex Mango

Ok, in act of absolute bastardry & similar to what the Chinese did with their release of Wuhan Flu, here is one of Jimmy Webb’s most unforgettable hits:

Apologies Anne.
    You are the rational one.
    Wrong subjects, wrong conclusions, but compared to some here you are brilliant.
    /you will know to whom I refer.

104. Crossie

The state government is worse and the local government not worth considering.

105. Rex Mango

rickw, that is vey quick shooting, have seen his videos before. Lot of practice.

106. Peter the old fossil

The moronvirus has been around for decades and has long been a favourite for development as a potential weapon for all that time, in bio-warfare labs around the world. This is just a new version – hence the name – novel moronvirus, in this case “novel” meaning “new”.

Whether it got out of the lab by accident or design is academic now. What is important is that, despite the fact that it is much less deadly “ordinary” flu, it is nonetheless being used to stampede the populations of whole countries into accepting draconian government control measures, China included.

I have no idea what is going on or why, but a line from Macbeth keeps whispering in my mind –

“By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes”

107. Fisky

Gareth Parker
    @G_Parker
    49s
    According to
    @joebrusuelas
    , these jobless claims imply US unemployment rate if at least 10.1 per cent.

The US unemployment rate has.gone from 3.5 per cent to ~10.1 per cent in two weeks.

And we are just getting started. It will double, or maybe triple.

108. Fisky

Gareth Parker
    @G_Parker
    47s
    And I don’t care how much people think China is “recovering” (and I don’t believe any data about anything coming out of PRC.)

The engine room of the global economy, the American consumer, has just been obliterated.

So who is China going to sell its output to?

And we are just getting started. It will double, or maybe triple.

And BofA is just guessing the quarterly GDP figures.

110. Rex Mango

ZK2A, here is Kris Krostofferson’s best song, which Janis Joplin turned into a hit:

So who is China going to sell its output to?

Bezos and Gerry Harvey will be banging on Pollies doors.

112. Crossie

With this virus, whether released accidentally or on purpose, communist China has signed its own death sentence. By bankrupting the west nobody will be buying their products. No trade, no money. What’s worse, Trump will pursue them for compensation so all that American debt they bought will be worthless.

Peter the old fossil
    #3390223, posted on April 2, 2020 at 11:55 pm

I’m absolutely mesmerized, petrified by the behavior of my sister in law, whom I always considered the more level headed in the union with my bro.

She will have nothing to do with any of us, gates closed my parents barred from visit, he is a builder has to sleep and live in the bungalow.
    Food is delivered to front gate and goes through a more thorough disinfection than the moon walkers did.
    Absolutely crazy situation,

114. Crossie

egg_
    #3390231, posted on April 3, 2020 at 12:02 am
    So who is China going to sell its output to?

Bezos and Gerry Harvey will be banging on Pollies doors.

Gerry Harvey has a better chance than Bezos who has royally pissed off Trump.

Crossie
    #3390232, posted on April 3, 2020 at 12:02 am

Shooting themselves in the foot you think?
    Maybe for the immediate present.
    Who knows what they have in mind for the longer future?

116. Rex Mango

Numbers, just randomly put ‘right arm of free world’ into Youtube & this what I got. Do you know anything about this weapon?:

If the oldies don’t get whacked by the beer bug, their Super will be whacked by “one Trillion dollar debt”*.

*Shadow Treasurer, Jim Chalmers.

118. Peter the old fossil

I think the panic is far more widespread than Cats could imagine, Mark. And the hell of it is, my Chinese in-laws tell me it’s exactly the same over there, only in their case we’re the bad guys.

Something weird is definitely going down.

119. Rex Mango

Numbers, here’s another clip:

Bezos and Gerry Harvey will be banging on Pollies doors.

Comforting to see the return to normality.

Umm, it’s been forty seven years, since I learned care and feeding of the Self Loading Rifle, and I reckon I could still strip, and reassemble one – blindfolded.

122. Fisky

Who knows what they have in mind for the longer future?

I suspect they decided in late Jan/early Feb and decided the only way to protect their supply chains was to infect EVERYONE so foreign companies would have no reason to switch. Not that they deliberately created the virus necessarily, but they were undoubtedly lying about the H2H transmission and pressuring other countries to keep their borders open.

123. Rex Mango

Numbers, this video long to watch, but you in Toowoomba lockdown have the time no doubt. The deal with the FN FAL is it is single shot weapon v the AK47 which was a spray gun. Ie the Soviets didn’t care what they hit, but we did. You may have some affiliation to Soviet weapons, but this weapon was called Right Arm of the Free World for a reason. Were you by chance a left hander?:

124. Infidel Tiger

Gareth Parker is very good.

He has been all over the China Virus from the get go.

Fisky
    #3390250, posted on April 3, 2020 at 12:28 am

Not that they deliberately created the virus necessarily,

I’m in no position to argue that.
    Whatever, they caused this malady. willingly or not, the result is the same.

126. Peter the old fossil

Did you have to chant the mantra –

“This is my rifle and this is my gun.
    This is for killing and this is for fun”

while alternately pointing first to your the rifle, then to your crotch?

This is such an awful joke that I’m loath to post.
    But I’m going to anyway.

I was Golfing alone the other day and was just about to Tee Off at the 3rd when a pretty young woman came up to me sobbing her eyes out
    I asked if she was OK and she replied
    No I a hornet stung me between my 1st and 2nd hole and it’s really painful.

I said well there’s your problem, your stance is too wide

Why can’t the chinese play cricket??because they always eating the fucking bat

129. Peter the old fossil

I said well there’s your problem, your stance is too wide

If he had been any kind of gentleman he would have offered to suck the poison out.

130. Bruce in WA

Some of the music posted here is quite personal to the poster.

OK, then, here’s mine, which relates so much to my life 1973 – 1976. The lyrics are indelible. So, unfortunately, are the memories.

131. Old School Conservative

Wow.
    L1A1 manufactured in SAF, Lithgow.
    The things you learn on Late Nite Cat.

132. Howard Hill

Evening folks.
    So who is going to march on Anzac day. And who thinks it’s a good idea?
    I don’t think they’ve thought it through to well.

133. Peter the old fossil

Thanks for that Bruce. Beautiful song.

If we are going to go down memory lane, this one is for my lover and best friend for forty years.
    Gone now and sadly missed.

134. Fisky

Dumb as hell.

ForAmerica
    @ForAmerica
    March 10, 2020 — AOC: “People are literally not patroning Chinese restaurants they’re not patroning Asian restaurants because of straight-up racism around the coronavirus.”

April 1, 2020 — AOC: Trump didn’t listen to scientists and act early enough and it’s caused people to die.

135. Howard Hill

The whole thing is breath taking, Fisky.

136. Peter the old fossil

And who thinks it’s a good idea?

Kernel of a great idea Howard, but not nearly enough time to execute successfully this year.
    However NOW is the time to start planning and promoting it for Anzac Day 2021.
    It also needs some thought to ensure it in no way detracts from, or interferes with, the actual Anzac Day procedures in any way.

137. Howard Hill

I think it’s a stupid idea, mv. All that I read about public disobedience, going against the lock down and making sure the media are there to witness the thugs pushing people around is complete nuts and is going to back fire big time.

The public are shit scared, that’s why they’re mostly doing what they’re told. The kunts and their complicit communist media will play it up and make them look like complete criminals and the majority of plebs will swallow it hook line and sinker. Two days later they’ll just misreport another 1000 cases because of stupid people defying the rules and use it to screw us even harder.

No this is a bad idea!

138. Mick Gold Coast QLD

From Old School Conservative at 12:55 am:

“Wow.
    L1A1 manufactured in SAF, Lithgow.
    The things you learn on Late Nite Cat.
    (Hazy memories surfacing of cleaning SLR rifles during school cadet camp at Singleton in the late 60’s)”

Disembarking the train at Whittingham Station – I remember it well. I trust you were not with the private school lot from Cox Knowledge – we made a point over each of two or three years of bunging on a blue with them because we were good at that! 😉

139. Peter the old fossil

I agree with you entirely Howard. Add to that he fact that there isn’t enough time to organise anything but a token gesture by a handful of people, and it is a disaster in the making.

However, give it a year. The mood will have changed. They can’t keep this state of fear/panic going for more than a couple of months at most, unless people start dying in wholesale numbers. So, next year imagine a very different mindset. Imagine a significant number of attendees, including marchers wearing black armbands signifying the death of democracy, just for instance.

There are many possibilities, provided nobody starts WWIII in the interim. Which, frightening as the idea might be, it seems for all the world exactly what is being attempted.

140. NoFixedAddress

this is dedicated to all the hardworking and selfless politicians and government types throughout Australia

141. Howard Hill

There will be nothing left to save in a year, Pete. And if it turns out to be the huge hoax we think it is, again, marching on Anzac day will achieve nothing.

They knew people would start hoarding the minute they announced this thing turned up. They knew the reaction from the start. They’re preparing people for something, but what?

War with the east. China, allied with the Russians and Iran. Nah, no one wins this. Failed Financial system, dunno? The printing presses don’t seem to bother the stupid plebs, nothing they can do about it anyway, so don’t think that’s it. Global governance? This sounds the most plausible reason. Create so much mayhem and destruction via panic and then offer a solution so it can never happen again.

This is bigger than just socialist wanting to take over. They know it won’t go down and then again perhaps that’s part of the destruction and mayhem bit.
    Still early days, too early to make any sense of it all.

142. Peter the old fossil

There will be nothing left to save in a year, Pete.

There’s nothing left to save now, Howard, except our personal rights, freedoms and dignity. I believe those are the very things they are gunning for. And what makes you think it would be a war anybody is supposed to “win”, except the people pulling the strings? How easily controlled are people impoverished and bankrupted physically, mentally and emotionally by a few years of all-out war?

Global governance? Yes, maybe, but not in way you would notice. As you say, “a solution so it can never happen again”.

143. Peter the old fossil

I’ve enjoyed this exchange of ideas immensely, Howard, and I thank you for it. But now I am absolutely buggered, and the only reason I still come here has gone to bed, so I’m off too. Goodnight.

144. Howard Hill

So pandemic to herd the plebs, get them use to not having freedom of movement, then start a war, kill a few billion, let the rest kill each other, some top themselves – nothing left to live for, crying and wailing all over the planet, then step in to save the human race. Is that what your saying?

145. Howard Hill

Ok, Pete. Sweet dreams friend, I enjoyed it to. Much better without the noise around 🙂

146. Peter the old fossil

Just going off after the ablutions, Howard.
    Yes, as impossible as it sounds, that’s the way my thoughts are drifting.

Goodnight.

147. NoFixedAddress

Under existing Australian diktat for Funerals there are ‘allowed’ to be 10 people attend.

ANZAC DAY 2020 can be commemorated by up to 10 people at each Shrine and Cenotaph throughout Australia.

Prior Notice should be given to whatever local ‘authority’ of names and addresses of attendees.

Live streaming of the memorial service is preferred or a video can be posted.

Lest We Forget

148. jupes

One good thing about spending my wedding anniversary in lockdown in Frogland, is I get to celebrate it with a bottle of 2014 Saint-Emilion Grand Cru.

Superbe!

Naturally, David Rowe sides with Xi in the Kung Flu propaganda war because Trump.

150. struth

The Anzac dawn service idea at socialist distancing rules doesn’t have to happen.
    Yes it could be turned against us.
    I agree.
    The idea here is the theat of it.
    To get government to threaten out loud as they are doing.
    A lot of people are already a wake up to this.
    I was full of despair when I first went on Facebook at the fear and hysterics and virtue signaling on display.
    My feed which I usually look at rarely has many new posts every time not this time.
    We could argue reasons for that.
    I think many have already had enough of the women shitting themselves on there.
    While I agree the dawn service idea may not or may by that time a good idea I float them here for the critical analysis of others.
    However if we leave it until 2021 we will be so under totalitarian control any organiser would be nabbed and taken away before anything would happen and people wouldn’t dare do it.

151. struth

Global government will be socialist government.
    Centralized socialist government in the extreme.

152. Zatara

The deputy prime minister of Japan slammed the World Health Organization, saying it should be called the

China Health Organization amid speculation the communist government played down the number of people infected by the coronavirus.

“People think the World Health Organization should change its name,” Deputy Prime Minister Taro Aso said while speaking in the Japanese parliament on Wednesday, according to translators. “It shouldn’t be called the WHO. It should be renamed the CHO.”

“Early on, if the WHO had not insisted to the world that China had no pneumonia epidemic, then everybody would have taken precautions,” he continued.

153. Mater

Struth,
    Perhaps a better idea might be the very public, and wide spread, suspension of ANZAC Day in recognition of the suspension of the rights they fought and died for.
    Boycott the ‘Driveway Service’ in the most public manner.
    Memes could reign supreme in the lead up, and help raise public awareness.

I have always despised the idea of politicising the day, but this goes beyond politics. It goes to the core of what they stood for.

Turning up in groups could easily be used to paint participants as thoughtless rednecks with no regard for the safety of others (actually, I can guarantee it will be spun that way, and FB will eat it up). However, a public awareness campaign highlighting the gross hypocrisy of ‘Honouring those who died for or freedoms’ whilst those very same freedoms are currently under suspension, may make some think.

I don’t know for sure, but I think the Diggers of old wouldn’t mind, under the circumstances. They had a healthy suspicion of authority, and this over reach is unprecedented.
    Just an idea, but either way, I won’t be taking part in commemorations this year. My hypocrisy only goes so far.

154. Struth

We fight with memes.
    They fight with memes and have the guns.
    If there is no push back and Anzac day does not occur this year the government will consider it nothing short of victory and push even harder.
    They are not that smart.
    Especially when every victory over the people is like a hit to a junkie.
    We need something, anything to show we will only tolerate so much.
    It’s what the convoy was all about.
    To show the government that it wasn’t just the left that will come out onto the streets, but the right will as well.
    That was all nothing compared to what we now face.
    Look I’m in for any ideas and hope people have many of them, and I am not put off by pompous do nothings who tut tut the plebs.
    I’ll discuss and consider, as an individual, as we all should, what I want to be part of , and try to suggest ways to fight.
    I’m all ears.

155. jupes

Here’s the problem struth.

The RSL has been captured by the left. Bruce Ruxton is dead. They have already caved to hakas, welcome to country’s, getting rid of Christian prayer and odes read in Abo language.

There is bugger all fight left in them.

156. Mater

We fight with memes.
    They fight with memes and have the guns

To win any ‘guerrilla war’, you need popular support among the populace. You will get the opposite from people, if you can be painted, as be seen, as risking their lives.
    No, the first step is to get them to ponder and think more broadly about what they have just had taken away from them, in the name of safety. ANZAC Day cuts to the core of rights, sacrifice, security and safety.

Make them feel guilty, instead of angry at you.

157. Rowe and Knight are bloody brilliant today.
    Especially Rowe.
    His image neatly captures the behaviour of both Trump and Xi.
    Initially both played it down.
    Initially rudimentary mistakes were made by both.
    Both blamed each other.
    Both woke up to themselves, if a little too late.
    Both now portraying themselves as the saviour of the world.
    The symmetry is striking.
    Hence the seesaw.
    Brilliant.

158. Gab

Is Trump still President? Oh yes, yes he is.

159. Struth

TOTALLY UNCONSTITUTIONAL therefore criminal.

If you are a Queenslander with or without Coronavirus you will be waved straight through the newly formed state checkpoints, allowed into QLD, while those free of the disease but do not reside in Queensland are banned from an entire state of a nation they pay taxes to and are sovereign owners in law, and where, for just one example, their sick parents live and are now unable to be visited and who are dying of other causes, alone.
    The government of Queensland are discriminating against Australian citizens not because of the virus, as this is no quarantine measure, obviously.
    They are discriminating against people based on where they live in the commonwealth.
    This is in direct violation of the superior rule of law of this nation, section 117 of the Australian Constitution.
    Section117
    A subject of the Queen, resident in any State, shall not be subject in any other State to ANY DISABILITY OR DISCRIMINATION which would not be equally applicable to him if he were a subject of the Queen resident in such other State.
    Section 109 of the constitution states clearly that when state laws are inconsistent with the Commonwealth law, it is invalid, in other words, the QLD are criminals operating outside the rule of Law.
    Remember, ignorance of the Law is no excuse.
    Especially when most of the parliament are ex lawyers.

We have laws for a reason.
    RUOK with this?
    Once rule of Law is abandoned, and you let it happen, you, unarmed, will be ruled by the point of a gun.
    This will kill and cause misery far worse than the coronavirus ever will.
    The Qld state Premier is in a state of Hysterics and does not know whether people are allowed to sit or stand on an empty beach, or even be there.
    We have the rule of Law for a reason.

Will you post that on social media?
    It’s not saying anything about the actual stitch up the virus is, it’s just reminding Aussies that regardless of whether they are shitting themselves or not, this matters more.

160. Sydney Boy

You go Aso-san, you good thing!

161. Struth

TOTALLY UNCONSTITUTIONAL therefore criminal.

Section117
    Section 109 of the constitution states clearly that when state laws are inconsistent with the Commonwealth law, it is invalid, in other words, the QLD government are criminals operating outside the rule of Law.
    Remember, ignorance of the Law is no excuse.
    Especially when most of the parliament are ex lawyers.

We have laws for a reason.
    RUOK with this?
    This will kill and cause misery far worse than the coronavirus ever will.
    We have the rule of Law for a reason.

Will you post that on social media?

Second proof read version.

162. Mater

Will you post that on social media?

That’s the idea.
    Now weave the emotion of ANZAC Day into it, and you have your first meme.

163. Zatara

From the you’ve got to be sh1tting me file:

United Nations wants 10% of entire planet’s annual income in fund for coronavirus response

The United Nations Secretary-General, António Guterres, has announced the creation of a fund for addressing the global coronavirus pandemic – and he is simultaneously asking nations to contribute the equivalent of at least 10 percent of the annual income of the entire planet to a massive “human-centered, innovative and coordinated stimulus package” that would be administered at the international level.

This from the organization which brought us the WHO, whose incompetence and dishonesty have caused more death in the world lately that war or terrorism.

Also known as the China Health Organization for their insistence on parroting whatever untruths the CPP tells them to.

164. rickw

We fight with memes.
    They fight with memes and have the guns.

I think we start a meme that everyone is not just turning up to the Dawn Service but is bringing their .303.

Imagine it got so viral that the Idiocracy were forced to comment on it and do something “extra” dumb in response.

165. Struth

TOTALLY UNCONSTITUTIONAL therefore criminal.

Section117
    Section 109 of the constitution states clearly that when state laws are inconsistent with the Commonwealth law, they are invalid, in other words, the QLD government are criminals operating outside the rule of Law.
    Remember, ignorance of the Law is no excuse.
    Especially when most of the parliament are ex lawyers.

We have laws for a reason.
    RUOK with this?
    This will kill and cause misery far worse than the coronavirus ever will.
    We have the rule of Law for a reason.

Will you post that on social media?

Bloody third edit.
    Fix as you see fit.

166. rickw

Rowe and Knight are bloody brilliant today.
    Especially Rowe.
    His image neatly captures the behaviour of both Trump and Xi.
    Initially both played it down.
    Initially rudimentary mistakes were made by both.
    Both blamed each other.
    Both woke up to themselves, if a little too late.
    Both now portraying themselves as the saviour of the world.
    The symmetry is striking.
    Hence the seesaw.
    Brilliant.

Fact Check: Most untrue comment ever.

167. Cancelling of the rights of individuals in this country is nothing new.
    There is a precedent.
    It happened between 1965 and 1972.
    During that period, the rights of many twenty year olds were suspended for two years.
    Some 63,000 were conscripted and over 19,000 served in Vietnam.
    200 died, and many thousands were maimed and traumatised.
    The difference between the current application of the rule of law, and the application of the National Service Act of 1964 is quite straightforward.
    Compulsory sacrifices being made for Covid 19 are (or should be) universal.
    Compulsory sacrifices made for national service were not, involving about 12% of twenty year-olds.
    There is another significant difference.
    The “enemy” to our national security back then was a hypothesis.
    The hypothesis failed.
    The “enemy” now is very real.

168. notafan

The ‘hypothesis’ is responsible for unleashing covid19 on the world.

169. Mater

Cancelling of the rights of individuals in this country is nothing new.
    There is a precedent.
    It happened between 1965 and 1972.

Hahaha.
    I’ve been waiting for that for two days.

170. Struth

Actually, MV thinks it would be too hard to organise an Anzac day turnout in time.
    I disagree on that point, as it’s something people would usually do and is not like you are asking them to cross the nation by truck.
    However I think we let it die for a while.
    Wait until after Easter before we even bring it up again.

Facebook is not the nation, and neither is twitter, and for many years now, the detached elite consider the twittersphere the world outside their castle walls.

I don’t want the governments clued into it too quickly, and I’ll wait and see the mood of the people and as this has never happened before, who knows what that will be.
    The propaganda now is overwhelming and the globalists are making their move, right now.
    The UN is not respected and despised by many Aussies.

171. notafan

Compassionate travel to Qld is allowed.

For the hysterical aluminium foil hat wearers amongst us.

172. rickw

Jerry is quick and accurate!

The kids and I have been using some of his shoot fast techniques with the BB gun and .22, seems to work pretty well. Pushing your support hand unnaturally far down the stock seems to work very well in particular.

173. rickw

Hahaha.
    I’ve been waiting for that for two days.

So predictable!!

174. Mater

Correct, but FB and Twitter is all people have now.
    Isolating people in their homes has massively increased the influence of both platforms.

175. Knuckle Dragger

‘China Health Organization’

Hahahahaaaaa. Well done Jappos. Even if it’s just one of you.

And here I was thinking the joint was all tentacle porn.

176. notafan

Lol talking ‘secret’ plans on a public forum.

You think turning out for nonexistent dawn services will send a message?
    Good luck with that.

Scotty needs to see people can, where possible, get back to work.

Child care is available, school will be back one way or another.

People need to encourage for those that are low risk can get back to work.

177. Struth

Makes perfect sense Zatara.
    And Chairman SCO MO is a UN globalist to his Turnbull personally autographed bootstraps.
    We will now be told that the country will be in economic ruin if we don’t succumb to UN global socialist control.
    Changing by the hour.

178. notafan

Oh and politicizing ANZAC day.

Work!

179. Struth

Compassionate travel to Qld is allowed.

For the hysterical aluminium foil hat wearers amongst us.

That’s still discrimination you idiot.
    This bullshit acceptance of tyranny and lawlessness from bloody women needs to be seen for what it is.
    Your idiotic sarcasm in the face of what is going on here is pathetic at this time and further illustrates that right now we might be better off if women and children remain silent.

180. feelthebern

Any Cats take Zantac ?
    There’s FDA news out in the US.

181. Knuckle Dragger

‘Cancelling of the rights of individuals in this country is nothing new.
    There is a precedent.
    It happened between 1965 and 1972.’

Did you know someone who was there? Wow.

You should write a book.

182. Struth

Correct, but FB and Twitter is all people have now.

Cool then my little blurb above should reach more people.

183. Knuckle Dragger

Now waiting with bated breath for Old Yeller to draw comparisons between Vietnam-era conscription and the eruption of Krakatoa, the Mongol invasions of Persia and Eastern Europe in the 1200s and the collapse of the Minoan civilisation.

184. Struth

Lol talking ‘secret’ plans on a public forum.

No one said it was secret Noatafan, so just stop doing what I said last night ……thinking you know what people really mean and making an idiot of yourself in the process.
    Keep up with your little snide cracks, I have no time for you this morning.

You think turning out for nonexistent dawn services will send a message?
    Good luck with that.

Scotty needs to see people can, where possible, get back to work.

Child care is available, school will be back one way or another.

People need to encourage for those that are low risk can get back to work.

Stupidity on steroids.
    As if “Scotty needs to see where possible get back to work”
    What banal idiocy at this point in time.

185. notafan

It’s mischief making.

Not to mention the lame as plans to hijack ANZAC day

You’re a menace (though will be completely ineffectual), the worst kind, stupid with a one track mind.

We are early days, and we should be encouraging government to lift restrictions and get low risk people back to work not formenting violence.

And you said ‘they’ were out to get you.

Yet here you are.

Of course the other thing is your premise that there is no pandemic.

Laughable.

186. notafan

Well clearly he does need to have confidence that that the spread of covid19 is not overwhelming our health services.

Of course if you don’t believe there is a pandemic, nothing anyone says will be acceptable.

187. bespoke

notafan
    #3390349, posted on April 3, 2020 at 7:12 am
    Lol talking ‘secret’ plans on a public forum.

Why not, They have limited time to get the truth out before they taken to the underground prison in Antarctica. 🤣

188. Struth

This is precisely the ruin of our nation.

Women seem to love being ruled over.
    Sorry other ladies, but I hope you can see why men come to the conclusion they do.
    Because notafan is one of those women who would shake her head at the war mongering, idiot men going to war, while safe in the security they provide.
    Well, I tell you what Nota, go and have a talk to Sco mo, I’m sure he’ll see reason, he just needs you to point him in the right direction, you know, go and tell him it’s not really the right thing to do do….he needs to get people back to work
    FMD you basic idiot woman.

189. No. People had choices. They didn’t have to join anything, and weren’t compelled to go anywhere.

Bullshit.

The registration process involved filling in a form at a local national service registration office. There were two registration periods each year, each lasting a fortnight and widely publicized. The first, in January, was for men who turned twenty in the first half of the year. The second, in July, was for men turning twenty in the second half. Failure to register was an offence. Those who did not register without reasonable explanation were automatically balloted in and considered for call-up. They were also liable to be fined.

And the (much touted here) CMF option was not available to me at the time of call up –

Although genuine service in the Citizen Military Forces was an alternative to national service, part-time military units were not always located at a convenient distance from farming areas, and naval and air force units were generally based in the capital cities. After eighteen months of lobbying from members of the rural community and members of the Country Party, Cabinet decided on 19 May 1966 to create special Citizen Military Forces units in each State in which men could serve in one or two concentrated periods each year rather than at the usual night parades and short camps throughout the year.

Knuckle Dragger

#3390357, posted on April 3, 2020 at 7:21 am

… and the Milli Vanilli lip-synching scandal.

191. mc

What if you don’t have a .303. I only have a K98. Will that be allowed?

192. Farmer Gez

Rowe putting Trump and Xi on the same plain is demented.

This pandemic arose in China.
    SARS arose in China.
    The Hong Kong flu epidemic ditto
    The Asian flu pandemic Ditto

Xi’s lack of prompt action which is required under the WHO protocols spread the virus far and wide. Taiwan blew the whistle on China to the WHO with a patient that they identified as carrying a novel Covid virus.

With the exception of Taiwan and South Korea, all democratic countries have been playing catch up.

193. 132andBush

KD,
    You’re arguing with a bloke who thinks Trump and X i PoohBear are the same.

Good luck.

194. No my point is you continue to repeat untruths even when they are pointed out to you repeatedly, by different people.

It’s mischief making.

No, it’s either ignorance, or paranoia, or perhaps both.
    It would be about as effective as the Convoy of no Confidence, and tie up police resources just as that debacle did.

As it happened, what was planned as an assault against Australian democracy by a bunch of truckwits flopped. Only a few hundred turned up.

195. Now waiting with bated breath for Old Yeller to draw comparisons between Vietnam-era conscription and the eruption of Krakatoa, the Mongol invasions of Persia and Eastern Europe in the 1200s and the collapse of the Minoan civilisation

Fantasy is your speciality Knucklehead.
    Go for it….

196. mh

Dow closes over 2 percent higher.

197. bespoke

bespoke
    #3390208, posted on April 2, 2020 at 11:40 pm
    Been there done that

And one of my many mistakes was leaving.

198. Knuckle Dragger

‘Failure to register was an offence. Those who did not register without reasonable explanation were automatically balloted in and considered for call-up. They were also liable to be fined.’

Ooooh, an offence. How dastardly.

But surely that would be a trifling thing for a man with your principles, your values, and your having-read-all-about-it knowledge of the geopolitical South East Asia?

If you’d refused to pay the fine (your choice, remember) and done your two years in a prison library (teacher, remember) you could have spent the next 50 years painting yourself as the bloke from Shawshank Redemption instead of a self-loathing elderly muppet who apparently paid $15,000,000 in tax.

199. Entropy

Struth, just drive a truck. Anything over 4.5t is waived through.

200. Twostix

Compulsory sacrifices being made for Covid 19 are (or should be) universal.

1970 boomers: “Conscription of some young men by old people is the most evil thing ever!!! We will burn this place down if it doesn’t stop!!”

2020 boomers: “All young people must be imprisoned in their homes for half a year so we don’t catch a cold!!!”

201. mh

UK: Eddie Large – brown bread

7 hours ago – EDDIE LARGE – a comedian who was best known for being half of the double act Little and Large alongside Syd Little – has died at the age of 78 after contracting the coronavirus in hospital

202. Struth

Good to see Numbers agrees with you Notafan.
    Now I’m going to work, and when I get back I’ll be interested to read just how much the rule of Law can be ignored by government to quell female hysteria, in your eyes Notafan.
    Once they get the green light from you, what next, ya think?

203. Entropy

Things to end when money is tight:
    *Any contributions to the UN
    *Any involvement with the UN.
    *Anything involving the French, including vapourware diesel submarines.

204. EvilElvis

You think turning out for nonexistent dawn services will send a message?

Instead of putting off until next year, we probably need to start now.

Selfies in front of war memorials with a facemask emblazoned with ‘Lest We Forget’ or an Aussie flag posted on social media might start a trend. Try get the ball rolling now. The media has memory holed Anzac Day after a nice early cancellation by the pollies.

205. Farmer Gez

The government shut down dentists and now they’ve dealt them another blow with golf listed as a banned activity.

206. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

Although this virus is bad, it isn’t so bad in the big picture as the extensive power grab and self inflicted damage in the process. We don’t even know what our own laws are, if there still are any laws. Our stable and predictable nation built on the old English common law has come to a final end … and there’s not a single person at any level of government who even has a clue what that means.

the veneer of freedom and liberty is only ever skin deep

207. Entropy

You cannot have a rational debate about this thing. Especially with a health worker. To point out what the actual risk seems to be gets you painted as a harsh, uncaring individual who doesn’t know what it’s like to be out visiting people with the constant fear, then the tears come.

We are stuffed.

208. Carpe Jugulum

Had a message from a friend in Viktoristan, fishing is Now a banned activity

Are you people faking insane?

209. Knuckle Dragger

Tell you what.

The C19 thing (or ‘event’, as the teev moppets like to refer to it) has quite a few biggish organisations thinking about, to use the corporate wanker term, core business. And using the results of that reflection to jettison bits of their organisations that have built up over time.

Boutique bits of their companies, the runners of which have tried to weld themselves into fortresses of indispensability over a number of years. Expensive vanity projects that don’t do anything to advance the cause of the company existing in the first place.

These areas are of course catnip for the rent-seekers and parasites with no real ability but operate on single-issue platforms (chicks, indig, LGBT+++, the deaf, hamster owners) who in the past 15 years of relatively good times have entrenched themselves into those business and have been accorded increasing yearly budgets to fund their projects.

Hopefully (I know, I know) during the recovery phase all these things will be relegated to the bargain bin where they belong. If the cause is sufficient, and generates enough public support they will survive as independent entities. It hasn’t been to date, as the purveyors of feelz have been compelled to hang limpet-like off the actual money makers.

I hope they’re set free in the wild to live and thrive, or die lonely and being chewed on by predators.

I hope.

210. notafan

Lol

I haven’t once said I agree with government decisions to date.

All I’ve done is pointed out your misrepresentations.

And I’m not cowering in place either.

Like I said obfuscation and outright lies is your MO.

You little IRA wannabe.

211. Peter the old fossil

Struth, Mater, Howard, et al.

This is not the place. I will contact you via the Doomlord with an alternative venue. Give me the day to set it up.

And forget about Anzac Day. First, here’s no time this year. Second, it’s the wrong venue any year.
    I will discuss it further when we have a more private setting.

212. notafan

KD

That would be a great outcome.

I’m not holding my breath though.

Still those moonbeams are thumb twiddling while front line staff are getting on with it.

I’m now have my very own big bank call centre at home, lots of people are distressed about mortgages that can’t be paid.

People need to get back to work!

213. Cassie of Sydney

“Japanese deputy prime minister says WHO should be renamed China Health Organization”

Isn’t it nice to see someone speaking truthfully? The Japanese deputy PM is, of course, 100% right…and all funding of WHO should be reviewed but imagine if Trump, Pence, Morrison, Johnson etc had uttered such a truth…..the only thing we would be hearing across the globe now would be the unhinged screams of waaaaaaacism…….waaaaaaaacism.

214. bespoke

Entropy
    #3390383, posted on April 3, 2020 at 7:59 am

Not the ones I have contact with. They no it’s hyped and are just keeping things calm because they have skin in the game (legally responsible and a genuine concern).

215. Knuckle Dragger

45’s been copping it for yonks Cassie.

The day he started accurately* referring to it as ‘the Chinese virus’ he’s been pilloried by various halfwits across the US and beyond.

The good news is, he doesn’t appear to give a fuck.

*Partially accurately. He should be referring to it as ‘THIS Chinese virus’ to delineate it from all the other plagues of death that slouch out of Bat Country preying on the weak.

216. notafan

Big bank asked for volunteers from the now underemployed to man the phones.

Apparently there was a lot of volunteering, then unvolunteering.

217. Mater

Struth, Mater, Howard, et al.

Peter,
    Just for the record, all I’m interested in is to ensure that ‘our betters’ remain cognisant that we want our rights back ASAP and that I am not at all happy with putting my life on hold (and destroying my children’s future) without being provided aims, milestones, relevant updates and definitive end states. I’m certainly not happy to continue to do it, just so he can paper over some initial bad decisions.

We are not fighting a living, breathing, thinking enemy. There is no need for secrets! especially considering the sacrifices people are making. If he wants us in this together, he needs to start acting like a leader, not a manager.

218. notafan

Some people do seem to think that if they self isolate the virus will go away.

No it won’t.

Young and healthy need to get on with it.

I suppose those that think there’s a climate emergency are the same ones who are ‘terrified*’.

*With added delusions of immortality.

219. Knuckle Dragger

Gabriella Power, Sky News roving chicky.

I could just refer to her as being hot AF. Which, of course, she is.

But it’s more than that.

I would very much like to sit next to her on a park bench on a hill one clear night, where we could look at the stars and just talk. About out lives, our hopes and dreams, and where we might fit into the big scheme of the Universe and all that it contains.

And then present her with a necklace. Of the ears of all the neighbourhood cats I caught and killed in her honour.

I really think it’s love.

Interesting Patreon video posted by Arky last night on the Wuhan lab. Worth scrolling back for a look.

Curious that Rowe presents Trump as naked and X i fully clothed. And the greater weight on the see saw. Is he about to jump off and let Trump crash? The fact that we can’t write the creature’s name here without a space tells me exactly who the menace is. Rowe may have a surfeit of Aldi bags tucked away somewhere.

221. mh

The WHO may be the CHO, but check this from UK Tele

Public health officials in charge of defending the country from a major pandemic never drew up plans for mass community testing despite warnings from the World Health Organization, The Telegraph can disclose.

Emergency planners “did not discuss” the need for community testing because they wrongly believed a new strain of influenza would be the next outbreak to strike the UK, a senior Government adviser revealed.

Instead, ministers, along with officials from Public Health England, the Cabinet Office and the Department of Health, decided against planning for mass testing despite an official warning from the WHO that it would slow the spread of disease.

Reports that the Welcome to Country industry is doing it tough.
    500 gum-leaf burners and 800 nappy-dancers retrenched yesterday.