Tuesday Forum: April 7, 2020

959 Responses to Tuesday Forum: April 7, 2020

1 2 3 4
  1. notafan

But the old thread was so much fun.

Let the Wuhan virus spread?

Morning, all.

A snitch in time saves nein?

5. Narwhal Tusk

Driving lessons today.

6. Top Ender

I claim this thread in the name of 11th Hussars, who participated in the Charge of the Light Brigade.

Known especially for their red trousers.

7. rickw

I’m aimlessly driving around Victoria, when Vicpol pulls me over I look up a random reason from Dan’s book of legitimate reasons.

8. Dr Faustus

Chinese Embassy outraged at Chinese businesses being sprung systematically panic buying medical supplies in Australia for export to China.

While a number of Australian firms (including FMG, Rio Tinto, BHP) are busy purchasing medical supplies in China, some Australian media such as SMH and The Australian are keen to defame the local Chinese companies who did similar things here in February. It was known to all that at the time China was in great need of certain medical materials in its fight against COVID-19. The procurement by the Chinese business was just to help China overcome difficulties.

Who knew that Australian mining companies were raiding Chinese medical supplies?

pete m

#3397187, posted on April 7, 2020 at 8:56 am

The most ridiculous part was thinking a new cardinal at a newly reopened church could get away from mass without being mobbed at the front of the church.

Apart from the rest of the story!

And on either the last or second-lasy Sunday before Christmas.
    Utter bullshit.
    This is not the same as “credible”.

10. rickw

Seeing as we now have header pictures for open forums, can the next one seriously be the FN FAL open thread?!

11. Cassie of Sydney

“Note that various legal eagles have called Milligan’s protege as “convincing” and “compelling”.
    This is not the same as “credible”.”

Well said LL.

I had my hopes up high last August so I am prepared for the worst from the HC today….please forgive my pessimism….I just can’t be optimistic.

12. Mother Lode

FN FAL?

I googled – it seems to be a sort of a Belgian gun.

13. Snoopy

Farmer Gez
    #3397202, posted on April 7, 2020 at 9:06 am
    Pell Day

Do we know when?

14. What a stupid meme. Godwin fail.

15. Mater

I googled – it seems to be a sort of a Belgian gun.

Not just that. It was the rifle Bob used to defend us against the Communists. 😉

16. Sinclair Davidson

Not to worry m0nty – when the time comes I’ll denounce you.

Prediction what gamers will look like in 20 years time. It’s work safe but only just in the sense that you may need to barf.

18. 8th Dan

What a stupid meme. Godwin fail.

+1,000

STOP COVID-19
    #stayhome

I read somewhere Germans are snitching on their neighbors like crazy. Never change.

20. woolfe

Think its worth a call to Vik Curfew HQ douncing Monty for not adhering to curfew. Similar evidence to that at Pells trial will be provided.

Comrades

Barristers with time on their hands who hire their opinions out to journalists.

22. Knuckle Dragger

#stayhome

That’s been Rugby Australia’s advertising line for the last year or so.

Working a treat, too.

23. areff

when the time comes I’ll denounce you

Why involve a third party? Just feed him Ratsak and be done with it.

And Hear! Hear! to the caption/meme.

Raining here, so I will cower in my home and avoid the Shirrifs. With all the new Shire Rules, they will have to employ reinforcements. Or co-opt Ruffians.

John Constantine would have had a field day with all this stuff. I hope he’s okay.

25. Carpe Jugulum

34th, Woot 😁

Roger

#3397240, posted on April 7, 2020 at 9:34 am

Barristers with time on their hands who hire their opinions out to journalists.

True.
    But my point was the words were carefully chosen.
    Fly-by-night roof painters and various types of con-men can be “convincing and compelling”.
    That is very different from “credible”.

27. Good morning all.
    So a friend gave me a bottle of Penfolds tawny port. Is it a nice drop?

28. Carpe Jugulum

Snoopy
    #3397229, posted on April 7, 2020 at 9:25 am
    Farmer Gez
    #3397202, posted on April 7, 2020 at 9:06 am
    Pell Day

Do we know when?

10am EST

29. rickw

FN FAL?

I googled – it seems to be a sort of a Belgian gun.

Not just a Belgian gun, The Commonwealth adopted the design and manufactured it everywhere, including Australia at Lithgow.

When it was replaced, the Australian Government melted down 110,000 of them rather than put them into War Emergency Reserves or sell them to Australian Citizens. (This was pre 1996 so the Governments hatred of private firearm ownership was already at work.)

30. Des Deskperson

‘Here you are! Des, I wrote a reply to you on the OOT. Won’t bore people on the new fresh one.’

Calli, your ‘dribble’ is invariably sensible, intelligent and interesting.

Known especially for their red trousers.

Nicknamed “Cherrybums” in consequence of said trousers.

32. Carpe Jugulum

Pell fred is up

33. Mother Lode

So a friend gave me a bottle of Penfolds tawny port. Is it a nice drop?

In these days of social isolation you won’t have to share!

Mate of mine used to swear blind by tawny port and roast chicken. (Roasted at home, not the shop stuff and definitely not charcoal.)

Otherwise, steady sips while relaxing.

34. Infidel Tiger

Snitches get stitches.

35. Vintage port is far superior to tawny port. Sadly, it is hard to get true vintage port these days due to the EU.

36. Mak Siccar

A long time friend of mine who used to work for Penfolds mixed his tawny port with Bundy rum.

37. Steve trickler

Blown Ford 302 in that thing.

Quick and the dead — Top 50.

I see Googleory has already laid in with his steel-capped health Nazi jackboots — no skin in the game as he destroys the lives of millions of Aussie families.

39. Sinclair Davidson

Just feed him Ratsak and be done with it.

No – nothing barbaric. Hanged from a lamp post like everyone. It’s only fair.

40. I mean, no one snitched on Anne Frank because she wasn’t wandering down to the milk bar to buy a pack of Winnie Blues, was she? Anne observed quarantine. Also Anne wasn’t potentially carrying the plague. So it’s a dumb analogy.

That is very different from “credible”.

Indeed, Leigh.

I’d be surprised if any barrister worth his salt actually used the terms “convincing” and “compelling” to describe testimony.

That leaves two options – they were female lawyers or it was journalistic embellishment.

42. Des Deskperson

‘The Commonwealth adopted the design and manufactured it everywhere, including Australia at Lithgow.’

We used to export L1A1s. Decades ago I had a job in Defence preparing recommendations for the approval of arms exports, and we used to fill orders in the hundreds, mainly to smaller Commonwealth countries in our region.

IIRC, there was a shorter version made for the PNG DF, probably provided separately under an aid program.

43. Steve trickler

Time to go for a walk and soak up some UV.

monty, it’s a meme – don’t overthink it.

45. Rex Mango

Des D, that was carbine version. Slightly shorter barrel. They used to give it to the girls too.

Monst

Nothing personal, but no one likes a snitch. You should be careful.

47. Snoopy

Sky News Tom

“It’s a big day for the victims of George Pell.”

FMD

48. nfw

It of cousre assumes the low IQ know who Harriet Tubman and Anne Frank were. They neither know nor care as they flex their Stasi informant muscles.

Convictions quashed.

A great relief.

50. notafan

Monty Monty have you heard the news?

51. Farmer Gez

A political prisoner has just been released from the gulags of The People’s Democratic Republic of Victoria.

52. Mater

So Dan has decided that Term 2 will be distance learning…except for the kids of essential workers (baby sitting service). So some kids can go to school and interact, but others can’t, depending on the occupation of parents. The haves and have nots. Again, no consistency.

This is looking less and less about the spread of a virus in Victoria.

I mean, have a look at the numbers in Victoria, they’ve fallen off a cliff, and yet he’s considering stepping it up.

53. Rex Mango

Am thinking Big George will never get that last month behind bars back.

54. Snoopy

TheirABC may have got Pell’s innocence wrong, but they’ll always have the climate emergency.

There was a shortened version produced for Papua/New Guinea, with a shortened butt and flash suppressor, but I don’t ever remember it “being given to the girls.”

56. Steve trickler

I’ve got not qualms with anyone connecting a fist to his head. Now i’m going for a walk.

57. On the subject of that header, in the past few days the following has happened;

– I was, walking to the elevator with the missus, an elevator car had already arrived as we turned the corner. In stepped a dweeby neck-bearded tosser who turned, held up his hand and said “I think you’d better wait for the next one”.

– Waiting for a coffee at one of the few places still open I was waived into position of where to stand on the floor (now marked with several ‘X’ spots and lines) by a screeching harpie wearing a mask, which I was grateful for as I didn’t have to see her hideous, contorted face.

– People I thought were wary of the Government are whining on FB about people going out in public and gathering in groups and considering reporting them.

This virus should finally put to rest that oft heard question “How did the Nazi’s come to power?”.
    The answer is because people encouraged them, then asked for them and then joined them.
    There’s probably a little fascist in everyone, in the case of the left in every bloody atom in their body, yet seeing it come out in response to the lockdown is very eye opening.

Note that the fat fascist twat doesn’t like the meme because it reminds him of what is really inside of him, other than 27,000 donuts.

Suddenly dweeby neck-beard and screeching harpie who previously had boring, irrelevant, meaningless existences can exercise their inner fascist tendencies and give their pathetic self-esteem a boost by larping as jack-booted tossers. Screechers, snitchers and curtain twitchers are the self-appointed neo-Stasi.

And the worst thing is this is all over a total over-reaction with no precedent and little to no evidence other than garbage modelling (again!) and BS slogans like “flatten the curve”.

History doesn’t repeat itself but it does rhyme.

58. Chris

Good to hear from you Des!
    I note that Lithgow SAF began a special civilian edition SLR for sale in the USA. It would shoot MOA (an inch at a hundred yards), and had walnut stock and ice finish.
    Sadly only a few were made before the ‘corona-virus level’ over-reaction of 1996 stamped the industry into the dirt.

59. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Pell freed! I expect Sinc has a thread, which I will chase now.

60. rickw

Thanks Des!

61. Snoopy

Louise Milligan
    @Milliganreports
    15m
    Hug your children.

Louise Milligan
    @Milliganreports
    31m
    Decent Australians will think with kindness today of vulnerable men who were brave. They won’t forget. The others will do what they do – grooming of a child? “Hit on”. There’s “no Revelation” in horrific story of abuse. Oral rape of a boy? “Plain vanilla sexual penetration.”

62. rickw

Dan currently scouring the globe for plague ships to top things up.

The urban sprawl of Australia saved our bacon.

I wish I could reply, Snoopy, but she blocked me a long time ago. All because I suggested that if she wanted to appear half serious, she needed to lose tons of weight.

64. Hay Stockard

I read on here that Australians are snitching on their neighbours like crazy. We have reached the level of East Germany. Without the famous German sense of humour.

65. Mater the ex just messaged me with this news about the school arrangements.
    She isn’t classed as an essential employee, she has a small business doing beauty work. Which is fine, apparently she is getting a nice stream of customers.
    So what you have just posted, our kiddos cannot attend school? I work at a petrol station, that’s considered essential so I might have to investigate the options.

66. Rex Mango

ZK2A, girls at RMC & ADFA got the carbine version.

67. Delta A

Mr Rusty
    #3397395, posted on April 7, 2020 at 10:16 am

Great post, Mr Rusty. Especially:

It is truly frightening.

68. Infidel Tiger

Get yourself a bottle of Seppelts Old Liquer Tokay or Muscat.

Extraordinary wines. Incredible value.

Australian fortifieds are amongst the greatest wines on earth and sadly largely ignored these days.

69. Hay Stockard

Leftards are all filthy little give ups. They do that because it gives them a mad feeling of power. Totalitarian is in their poor diseased blood.

70. Delta A

Vintage port is far superior to tawny port.

I have a bottle of Stonyfell vintage port left over from our wedding in 1969. Too sentimental to toss it out, too cautious to drink it.

71. Mater

So what you have just posted, our kiddos cannot attend school?

BB,
    I had a teacher brief me, but as usual, Dan has deliberately left the details vague.
    I get a feeling they are making it up as they go. Apparently any child who is not allowed back at school, will be furnished with a Tablet or Laptop (according to James Merlino)

72. shatterzzz

Can anyone explain to me what local council workers would be laid off .. I realise that Councils create lotza jobs for the boys and keeping maaaates ‘appy positions but what actual jobs would they have that are affected by the BAT FLU non-essential lay-off criteria?
    Surely, regardless of the panic local councils just operates as normal!

73. Snoopy

NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian has warned the state’s tough coronavirus social-distancing restrictions will stay “until a vaccine is found”, after Australia’s death toll climbed to 45.

The restrictions will remain until they become a political liability. Not a moment longer.

74. rickw

Everyone’s job to make it a liability, we’ll only get back what we demand back / take back. When the demand back / take back gets rolling, we need to take things back to about 1960 or further.

75. Australia’s death toll climbed to 45

Sorry. 45 is not a number I can do any statistics with.

Give me a 1000 or more and I will maybe produce some meaningful.

Some of the muscats available represent extraordinary value.

Happily for the consumer they’re out of fashion!

No one will really understand politics until they understand that politicians are not trying to solve our problems. They are trying to solve their own problems — of which getting elected and re-elected are No. 1 and No. 2. Whatever is No. 3 is far behind.

The great Thomas Sowell.

78. Leonie Ryan
    @LeonieFRyan
    It is important to note that George Pell is NOT innocent. The High Court judgement found there was NOT enough evidence to convict him. The offence COULD have occurred, but there was enough ‘reasonable doubt’ in the allegations.
    FIRKIN BARSTEWARD HAG

It’s interesting to see who is adapting well and who is struggling. Introvert, deadline conscious types will go well, extroverted “discussers” not so much.

A good synopsis of the workplace in general during a crisis.
    The hand wringers gotta wring their hands.

ZK2A, girls at RMC & ADFA got the carbine version.

Thanks for sorting that one – I don’t remember the carbine version ever being issued in an infantry battalion.

81. Steve trickler

Found via reaction video. She is cool.

82. Mother Lode

What we are going to see due to the Cardinal having his conviction overturned is lefties and the ABC (kind, uberlefty) treating as him getting off on a near technicality and he is not truly vindicated.

When the Victorian courts found him guilty they treated as having near scientific certainty. No matter what he said, no matter what all the witnesses said (including the addled muppet (Milligan puppet) his conviction elevated the certainty to a higher level. His guilt had attained its own independent reality.

With the conviction overturned they will take words like ‘evidence does not sustain claims’ and so on as not really altering this separate guilt. It will be a mere detail – even though it is all the conviction ever consisted of.

For these miserable beings Pell will remain guilty regardless of what courts say. And they will pretend to be motivated by higher ideals.

83. Outrageous story mentioned by Hadley earlier.

The Metro North Hospitals in Brisbane have been wanting to employ more cleaners. Make sense if more frequent cleaning required due to the virus. However the AWU is upset they are not Union workers and believe current workers should work more overtime. AWU fighting it in the Industrial Relations Tribunal this morning to prevent more workers being hires.

Just like the train Union that has for years has fought to prevent new drivers being taken on so that current drivers get huge overtime.

Nobody in a Government or Council entity should now be getting overtime when so many people have been made unemployed. If for example Govt employed workers working 20% overtime that is more people that can be employed cheaper as no overtime required.

Absolute scum.

84. Knuckle Dragger

Great banner, Doomlord.

Just sayin’.

World War II. … Blackout regulations were imposed on 1 September 1939, before the declaration of war. These required that all windows and doors should be covered at night with suitable material such as heavy curtains, cardboard or paint, to prevent the escape of any glimmer of light that might aid enemy aircraft.

Bombers would navigate all the way to London and miss it?
    What a crock.

86. While I am concerned for the Swedes who are copping a pasting, their situation is a direct result of their unquestioning support for their insane Scandohag government.
    Is it wrong to gloat a little in response to the endless hours of being lectured to by arrogant Swedes on various worksites around the world?

Australia’s death toll climbed to 45

On day 38 since the first 100 cases were reported (T100) IIRC.

T100 is the Global curves’ reference point.

What’s the road death toll?

Aspirational little brown people love cheap EU luxury cars

89. Fisky

This is the New Global Superpower in waiting, according to dumb trolls. Simply embarrassing!

Wilson Leung 梁允信 Flag of Hong Kong
    @WilsonLeungWS
    · 4h
    The UK government’s new testing chief has admitted that none of the 3.5 million antibody tests ordered from China are fit for widespread use…The tests did not pass the evaluation stage”. http://independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/coronavirus-test-antibody-kit-uk-china-nhs-matt-hancock-a9449816.html #COVID19

90. old bloke

There are / were numerous trials of chloroquine to test its efficacy combatting the Wuhan Virus. Has anyone heard how these trials are proceeding?

91. Look up research here. Not all journals are open access but it is easy to use.

92. Mother Lode

I wonder what the politically expedient winding back will look like.

Perhaps say that given the progress toward containment they will not be targeted by police and beaten with telephone books in cells if they go to work so long as they wear masks and avoid touching things like traffic light buttons with their hands.

Then at some point later say no need to even worry about that.

Lots of fines challenged and lifted so the people will stop talking about it.

And hope people forget how ill they were treated.

93. Macbeth

Fine upstanding law firm Slater & Gordon commentating on the HC judgment but really touting for business from all those many ‘victims’ whom they are asking to come forward – on the ABC, I think.

L-plate driver‘s $1600 fine for non-essential travel withdrawn
    A $1600 fine handed to a learner driver for “non-essential” travel has been withdrawn, but the state’s top cop warns Victorians “just can’t get out and go for a drive.”

Aneeka Simonis, Shannon Deery, Josh Fagan, Herald Sun
    April 7, 2020 11:03am

95. rickw

The first trials were run on Chloroquine, I think these seem to have been surpassed by Hydroxychloroqine. Take a look at “Medcram” on YouTube and see if they have any updates, they normally have pretty good summaries of results.

96. nfw

Here’s a thought. How about all driver licences and car rego from today have a one year extension? That would save us having to go out and no doubt save the lives of many front line public servants. Oh, what’s that? It’s revenue to pay for a valiant politicians and public servants while the economy tanks and we have no money to pay taxes but Chinese can export our goods to China for profit after clearing shelves without retribution or paying any tax on their earnings and going for a drive or eating alone in a park is a crime? Oh, that’s fine then.

97. old bloke

Frank Walker from National Tiles
    #3397675, posted on April 7, 2020 at 11:38 am

Look up research here. Not all journals are open access but it is easy to use.

Thanks Dot but I couldn’t find any evaluation results there, I suppose the trials haven’t yet been completed.

98. rickw

L-plate driver‘s $1600 fine for non-essential travel withdrawn

Well they can “just get out and drive” you fuck, there’s no law against it and it makes no difference to the current situation.

Keep pushing people! Push these arseholes all the way back to 1960!

99. rickw

Bombers would navigate all the way to London and miss it?
    What a crock.

The German bombers rode a direction radio signal, a steady tone when you were on path, an interrupted signal when you were drifting off course.

For costal cities it wasn’t that difficult to identify when you reached target. For inland cities it was more difficult. There were efforts to mis-cue visual signs by building replica structures and waterways etc.

Lighting bonfires to misdirect the following waves was another practice.

101. rickw

German radio direction beams, really nifty, you can tell which side of the course you’re drifting off:

102. johanna

On Our Selection, Chapter 2:

IF THERE is anything worse than burr-cutting or breaking stones, it’s putting corn in with a hoe.

We had just finished. The girls were sowing the last of the grain when Fred Dwyer appeared on the scene. Dad stopped and talked with him while we (Dan, Dave and myself) sat on our hoe-handles, like kangaroos on their tails, and killed flies. Terrible were the flies, particularly when you had sore legs or the blight.

Dwyer was a big man with long, brown arms and red, bushy whiskers.

“You must find it slow work with a hoe?” he said.

“Well-yes-pretty,” replied Dad (just as if he was n’t quite sure).

After a while Dwyer walked over the “cultivation”, and looked at it hard, then scraped a hole with the heel of his boot, spat, and said he did n’t think the corn would ever come up. Dan slid off his perch at this, and Dave let the flies eat his leg nearly off without seeming to feel it; but Dad argued it out.

“Orright, orright,” said Dwyer; “I hope it do.”

Then Dad went on to speak of places he knew of where they preferred hoes to a plough for putting corn in with; but Dwyer only laughed and shook his head.

“D—n him!” Dad muttered, when he had gone; “what rot! Won’t come up!”

Dan, who was still thinking hard, at last straightened himself up and said he did n’t think it was any use either. Then Dad lost his temper.

“No use?” he yelled, “you whelp, what do you know about it?”

Dan answered quietly: “On’y this, that it’s nothing but tomfoolery, this hoe business.”

“How would you do it then?” Dad roared, and Dan hung his head and tried to button his buttonless shirt wrist-band while he thought.

“With a plough,” he answered.

Something in Dad’s throat prevented him saying what he wished, so he rushed at Dan with the hoe, but—was too slow.

Dan slept outside that night.

Now read on …

103. old bloke

rickw
    #3397705, posted on April 7, 2020 at 11:46 am

Thanks Rick but he’s got 50 updates regarding the Wuhan Virus and I don’t want to go through that lot. There were promising results for chloroquine / hydroxychloroquine from China, France and perhaps other places as well, which spurred the call for formal trials in various countries. I suppose those results will be made public when the trials have been completed.

104. Knuckle Dragger

‘L-plate driver’s $1600 fine for non-essential travel withdrawn’

‘state’s top cop warns Victorians “just can’t get out and go for a drive’

So, which is it?

And if not, why not?

105. Filbert

Des,
    On the L1A1, I seem to recall we sold a large amount of them to the Indian Army after we’d moved onto the Steyr.
    Care to comment?
    Also, I remember that the remainder were placed in storage here when some bright spark decided to scrap/melt them down.
    HOWEVER, this order was rescinded shortly thereafter and the majority are still in long-term storage somewhere in Oz, packed in grease.

106. So, which is it?

cops send a tweet to Dan and if he doesn’t know them then its ok to charge them.

107. Steve trickler

NBN is shit. Boot to the curb!

How much did it cost this country?

108. NBN is shit. Boot to the curb!

How much did it cost this country?

Dunno. The meter is still running.

109. Chris

NBN is shit. Boot to the curb!

Was just out of action for a MONTH at my place, after a lightning strike nearby.

110. Bruce in WA

I don’t believe so; I recall reports of the furnaces at BHP working overtime melting down the SLRs. As far as I’m aware, that directive was never rescinded.

111. Sydney Boy

The initial chloroquine / hydroxychloroquine study which was published lacked scientific rigour. More study required to ensure the treatment does not present unreasonable danger. Results look promising though.

112. Sydney Boy

ZK2A, girls at RMC & ADFA got the carbine version.

Correct. I graduated RMC in the early 90’s with the SLR. I think RMC went to the F88 in 1993?

113. Confused Old Misfit

Bombers would navigate all the way to London and miss it?

Well, if they had navigated all the way to London they would not have missed it would they?
    And if they had missed it they would not have navigated all the way to London.
    It would be (and still is) quite possible to fly from anywhere in Germany and miss London particularly when your navigation instruments were at worst a magnetic compass (which may or may not have been accurately adjusted) and at best a radio beam along which you could fly as it got more and more inaccurate the further away from the transmitter you flew. Wind is such a nuisance.

114. notafan

Highly unlikely a vaccine will ever been found.

But great.

Permanent house arrest for everybody?

115. Confused Old Misfit

Now when they are needed the trick will be to find out where the bloke who stored the ammunition put it!

Here’s your prize!
    Presumably, there were scout fighters, etc., it wasn’t “boys own brigade” FFS.

117. Arky

I recall reports of the furnaces at BHP working overtime melting down the SLRs.

I have seen some in storage in an armoury on a base.
    Can’t remember which base. One of the really dreary, soul destroying ones.

118. Arky

One of the really dreary, soul destroying ones.*

*This sentence deliberately constructed such as to not narrow it down at all.

German radio direction beams, really nifty

Most Secret War by R. V. Jones is excellent.

For WW2 aircraft fans Battle of Britain is on 9Gem at 8:40pm. Bonus for all the Zulu watchers from last night – it has Michael Caine in it!

The period ended when the Wehrmacht moved their forces to the East in May 1941, in preparation for the attack on the Soviet Union.[1]

Yet blackouts remained until the end of the War, eh ScoMo?

121. MsDolittle

‘state’s top cop warns Victorians “just can’t get out and go for a drive’

Elderly patient seen by Skype wants to travel (40 min drive) to say a final goodbye to his sister who is end stage terminal C. Government site requires a doctor’s letter for travel. Coming right up. Victoria – the “papers please” state.

Highly unlikely a vaccine will ever been found.

No magic bullet.

Has been the case since SARS.

Not News.

123. Arky

And just like that, we were living in a police state.

124. Bruce in WA

I have seen some in storage in an armoury on a base.
    Can’t remember which base. One of the really dreary, soul destroying ones.

I sincerely hope that’s the case and there are more.

Their destruction was one of the more egregious cases of bastardy from a gun-loathing grubbymint.

125. notafan

Exactly egg

We have to live with it.

The vunerable will have to too, and be very careful.

It’s the only sensible option.

Funny how we manage to put Geostationary satellites in orbit 36,000 km up on a pissweak dual sideband carrier, eh?
    Even on Ku band.

Everyone’s an SME on teh intarweb.

128. Farmer Gez

Sydney Boy
    #3397825, posted on April 7, 2020 at 12:34 pm

I’ve still got plenty of Ivermectin sheep drench for you SB.
    We can administer it orally, by injection or in a bolus (a very big pill that lodges in your gut).
    Spoilt for choice.

129. Fisky

What does this mean?

Breaking911
    @Breaking911
    · 1h
    JOE BIDEN: “We cannot let this, we’ve never allowed any crisis from the Civil War straight through to the pandemic of 17, all the way around, 16, we have never, never let our democracy sakes second fiddle, way they, we can both have a democracy and … correct the public health.”

130. Bruce in WA

Bloody Australian not allowing any comments re the Pell decision. Gutless bastards.

131. notafan

The driving thing is ridiculous.

Even Dumbo Numberd thinks that he is hermatically? sealed in his car.

132. notafan

Everyone’s a small medium enterprise?

133. Mitch M.

This is something I have been wondering about. It is rather concerning. Full text at link. There is another long term issue that concerns me, the possibility that the viral infection will increase the risk of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, an untreatable and fatal condition.

I’m generally avoiding the discussions here on the subject because there is too much speculation and not enough reading. Besides I’m still mastering how to kill those wretched mutant animals in Fallout.

Nervous system involvement after infection with COVID-19 and other coronaviruses

Additionally, autopsy reports have revealed brain tissue edema and partial neuronal degeneration in deceased patients (Xu et al., 2020). Furthermore, on March 4, 2020, Beijing Ditan Hospital reported for the first time a case of viral encephalitis caused by a novel coronavirus (CoV) attacking the central nervous system (CNS). The researchers confirmed the presence of SARS-CoV-2 in the cerebrospinal fluid by genome sequencing.

My 500 GB Optus Home Wireless Broadband seems more throttled than the old 200 GB service.
    Also has newer Huawei modem that supports Google Home, etc. WiFi IoT stuff.

135. Delta A

Great to see you here, MsDolittle. You have been missed.

Everyone’s a small medium enterprise?

Point proven!
    /TIC

Mitch M.
    #3397887, posted on April 7, 2020 at 1:00 pm

Any different to SARS and MERS?
    These things only need to use host RNA?

138. notafan

Egg

It would help if you spoke plain English instead of being a cryptic smart Alec.

You seem to be an expert.

139. Mother Lode

What does this mean?

Breaking911
    @Breaking911
    · 1h

Perhaps it is further of his strategy or announcing he will do what Trump has already been doing.

This is his ‘covfefe’, but turned up to 11 – absolute gibberish!

140. Mitch M.

Mitch M.
    #3397887, posted on April 7, 2020 at 1:00 pm

Any different to SARS and MERS?
    These things only need to use host RNA?

COVID is an RNA virus.

141. rickw

Info I was able to find says that the melted down 110,000 of them, BHP did the job.

You seem to be an expert.

If one’s an SME in a particular area and you err, other SME’s will soon kindly point it out.

The danger of numpties on fora is they get into an argument, with a total lack of understanding, without educating themselves, first.

I recall you doing similar on Automotive diagnostics and software tools*, no?

If you wish to write walls of text, why not put a post up?

This is just the swill of the Open Thread comments section of a Private Blog FFS.

I can see Numbers’ daily delight entertaining himself with the resident numpties of the OT.

CL has made similar observations.

CL’s Posts on the blog of late have been outstanding and commendable in current circumstances.

*WTF is a florist/hairdresser arguing on that subject?
    Hubris?

143. 1735099

I’m issuing an invitation to Alan Jones to make tomorrow’s broadcast of his regular spot from the Ruby Princess to emphasise his disquiet about the government’s “overreaction” to the Covid 19 Crisis.

144. Mater

I’ve still got plenty of Ivermectin sheep drench for you SB.
    Spoilt for choice.

Gez,
    Don’t laugh. My wife and I were joking around the other night about this, and ponderings made us wonder if the use of this drench, in our red meat, might explain the Australian populations slightly different response to the virus.
    Who knows?

145. Arky

Even Dumbo Numberd thinks that he is hermatically? sealed in his car.

I went out with a bird who would insist: “That car up ahead, someone is smoking”.
    The car would be half a mile in front, and no way of seeing the driver. “How do you know”?
    “I can smell it”. Wrinkling of cute nose. “It’s disgusting”.
    When we caught up, sure enough the driver was smoking.
    How many parts per billion of smoke particles do you reckon made their way from the car ahead, into our car with the windows shut?

146. Arky

Still, a bit of tactical snooping revealed later in life, as sensitive and cute as her nose was, she subsequently ballooned out into gigantic proportions.
    Another fat bullet dodged.

147. MsDolittle

Shucks, thanks Delta. I’ve stayed away because everything in the public domain seemed so depressing and there is only so much a body can take – doom and gloom in every direction. Until 10:00 am today! I feel revitalised, hopeful even.

148. Mater

You arrogant shit.
    Do you really think you’ve got the authority to “issue” such an “invitation” on behalf of a ship that you don’t own?

149. Arky

Ha!
    ha ha ha ha!
    6 Kg of Arnotts cream biscuits sitting on my step.
    Just waiting for the weak sun to sterialize the boxes.

You seem to be an expert.

“Terse” versus “verbose” commentary is the terminology, I believe.

151. notafan

I don’t know what you are talking about egg

Seriously.

And who is the hairdresser/florist?

And why would that matter?

You used an acronym and you’re special.

Yet you can’t use plain English.

152. Tekweni

There seems to be a fascination with the FAL rifle all over at the moment and not only in Oz. I wonder how many who comment on it have actually used one? It was standard issue in the South African army when I was doing national service. The local version was the R1 but there were a few FN Beligian made rifles in my unit too. I liked it from a soldiers point of view as a great gun to fire. Got pretty heavy carrying it over long distances and the carrying handle was useful. The handle could be wedged against your belt if you were standing for long periods at attention.

153. notafan

Arky

That wasn’t really my point.

My point was only that driving your car is not going to spread the virus.

154. twostix

It’s about mandatory vaccination.

That’s the cherry on top for them.

Once you accept they can make you do that, there’s nothing after it that you can ever say against the exercise of power again.

For instance, imagine how dumb it will sound to say something like “I have a right to my opinion”, when you’ve accepted that you don’t even have the right to not have a medical procedure forced upon you that you don’t want or need but are forced to get for someone elses benefit.

155. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Here are some silly funnies from my girlfriends, which might be worth a giggle. I can’t manage to extract the visuals, so yous’ll havta rely on the words.

Dudes, Time to start dating Old Ladies. They can get you in the grocery store earlier

I never thought ‘I wouldn’t touch that with a barge pole’ would become National policy

Stepped on the bathroom scales this morning. Message came up.
    Please use Social Distance; one person at a time.

We’re like dogs. We roam the house all day looking for food.
    We’re told ‘no’ if we get too close to strangers.
    And we get really excited about car rides.

Of all the stupid things I’ve done in my life, if I die because I touched my face,
    I’m gonna be pissed.

156. NFA:

That is why the ‘heroic’ captain of the nuclear fucking powered ship who broke the chain of command will be fucking lucky if he is not shot by firing squad.

There’s a lot of O’Bamatrash in the military. Same as in Australia and GB.
    We need a bloody great purge of our institutions.

157. Tinta:

The son of the Sunbather’s cousin married and Italian girl and lives in Milan with his wife and daughter -every time he goes out shopping for essentials, masked and gloved, he changes every item of clothing, before entering the house, showers and then every item is wiped down with antiseptic wipes — what a way to live — is this what we can expect?

If the WZV was as real and dangerous as it was touted, the process would be fine. However it isn’t anywhere near as dangerous as the measures suggest.
    I’m >65, immunocompromised, and able to take my chances. Happy – sort of – to self isolate.
    The issue here is the over the top reaction by the fuckwits in charge.
    There has been no call for common sense to be practiced by the low risk people, just a “Get in your box, Citizen or we’ll hammer you with fines.” This, along with the confusion with decisions, is what is annoying people most.
    Australians don’t take to Authoritarianism – well, not out here, anyway – and they are becoming distinctly unhappy.
    In fact the speed and severity of the crackdown is now turning to anger.
    Give it another two weeks and people will start acting.

158. Zippy:
    Your post about the continuing raid of Australian PPE by agents of the Chinese government – this is not about getting PPE to China – this is about denying PPE to Australians.

159. Mater:

This is the Chinese Century already, they have won. No shots were fired, Trump waved the white flag of Iso-Surrender. Australia has switched allegiance to our new Chinese overlords. No amount of whinging from you lot will change that.

Monty has just stepped from the fence and declared his position:
    He sees himself as the man in the uniform demanding answers from the prisoner in the chair.
    You fucking weasel, Monty.

160. MsDolittle

My point was only that driving your car is not going to spread the virus.

Yer, everyone knows it’s kebab munching.

161. Arky

Officeworks will also home deliver bog paper.

162. Top Ender

A senior Aboriginal man from Western Australia’s largest remote community says numerous indigenous people want exemptions to new strict travel bans to go shopping in the town of Broome, where there are 10 confirmed cases of coronavirus.

Frankie Shoveller lives in Bidyadanga, population about 1000, which is among dozens of settlements in the remote far north that are now locked down.

“They had a meeting here last week in Bidyadanga – the CEO, the council members, police – now they set these new rules about people not going into town. Half the people didn’t understand that properly,” Mr Shoveller told The Australian on Monday.

“Some of the people didn’t like that rule.”

Oz

I don’t know what you are talking about egg

I’ll wager that you’re Robinson Crusoe there.
    Getting your knickers in a knot over Automotive diagnostics (easily Googled) – you argued for several comments.
    You get away with a lot due to the fairer sex and are utterly clueless about it or use it as a foil.
    Does Calli have a card for that?
    /Widow hen

164. I was asleep…
    …and I deem them all as being of major import.
    Too much so to leave them on the old fred.

165. Arky

Which you will need after eating 6Kg of Arnotts cream biscuits.

166. Steve trickler

Hello to the female NBC journalist,

You’ve been exposed.

The SME jibe was at COM, *not* you nota.
    It’s not all about you.

168. Arky

Still waiting for razor delivery.

169. 1735099

There seems to be a fascination with the FAL rifle

Yairs.
    The gun wankers are emerging from the darkest and most smelly corners of the swamp.

170. Infidel Tiger

You can tell not a single person in Canberra or the “national cabinet” has a clue about business with their so called recovery plans and conditions for landlords.

Absolute madness.

Government shut down these businesses. They should pay.

Coronaviruses (CoVs), enveloped positive-sense RNA viruses, are characterized by club-like spikes that project from their surface, an unusually large RNA genome, and a unique replication strategy. Coronaviruses cause a variety of diseases in mammals and birds ranging from enteritis in cows and pigs and upper respiratory disease chickens to potentially lethal human respiratory infections. Here we provide a brief introduction to coronaviruses discussing their replication and pathogenicity, and current prevention and treatment strategies. We will also discuss the outbreaks of the highly pathogenic Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus (SARS-CoV) and the recently identified Middle Eastern Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus (MERS-CoV).

172. notafan

Ok.

You’re a weirdo.

Some ancient history I don’t remember and no-one cares about.

Clearly a cardinal sin committed.

173. Des Deskperson:

You didn’t perchance, happen to send a couple of 40 ft containers out to that old farm you used to have, mmm?
    I’d give a good price for a couple of thousand of those little buggers.

174. 1735099

There’s a lot of Obama trash in the military.

The US Navy Secretary has just apologised to Captain Crozier.
    Trump has called him a “good person”.
    Shooting the messenger is all the go in Yankeeland.

Is someone talking about my cards?

Yikes!

Clearly a cardinal sin committed.

By an SME at the time – most definitely!

Florist takes car to dealership and the magic computer fixes it!

177. lotocoti

If one were to inadvertently go on a 131km round trip, because one forgot to turn left at the lights, that wouldn’t be too heinous, would it?
    At least not dragged out of bed at 3a.m. by the Stasi heinous?
    Asking for a friend complete stranger who I’ve never seen before.

You’re a weirdo.

Such Christian charity.

The traitorous troll still defending capt snowden.

180. rickw

I have spent a bit of time shooting both the FN FAL (L1A1SLR) and AR15.

FN FAL

Heavy and accurate, very reliable, the few stoppages encountered required only cycling the action to clear the stoppage.

AR-15

Light and very easy to shoot accurately. Less reliable, some very serious stoppages that required removing the lower and using a screwdriver on the bolt underside to drive it open (weak primary extraction).

Interestingly the worst stoppages came from using the forward assist to chamber a slightly dirty round. The original design did not have a forward assist because Eugene Stoner argued that if a round would not chamber under spring pressure, it should not be chambered by force. I agree with him 100%!

181. Eddystone

Submitted a letter to The Australian just now.

Peter Andrews (“Manage Risks for Society’s Rewards”, 7/4) wants to lock up the over 65 year olds for their own good.

Well no thanks.

As a healthy, working 69 year old, I’m perfectly happy to take my chances with the corona virus.

If the supply of ICU beds becomes limited due to the pandemic, and so far it has not, I am prepared to forego an ICU bed if it is needed for a younger person. This could be done by an Advanced Care Directive.

I expect many over 65s feel the same way. We don’t want Australia bankrupted to protect us, we are quite capable of looking after ourselves.

182. Farmer Gez

1735099
    #3398010, posted on April 7, 2020 at 1:43 pm
    There seems to be a fascination with the FAL rifle

Yairs.

Talk about cars bores me shitless.
    I’m interested in the debate over military weapons because the US made such a hash of it after WWII.
    It’s not just about the FAL rifle. The US also buggered up the original .280 round that the British developed and missed the opportunity to match the AK 47.
    The US M14 was a disaster and cost lives in early in Vietnam.
    US soldiers had to go to ground once the AK’s opened up. They couldn’t use the M14 in automatic effectively and it was long and heavy with way too many moving parts to be reliable.
    I thought you’d enjoy bagging the US military.

183. Sydney Boy

Pretty much agree with rickW, although the AR-15 model I have used was the US military (and Australian Army issue) M-16.

The original F-88 Austyer didn’t have much to recommend it, although the new EF-88 is a beauty. But it lacks a carry handle.

I have spent a bit of time shooting both the FN FAL (L1A1SLR) and AR15.

For my sins, I spent some time carrying an L2 around the bush..

185. Infidel Tiger

Our CMO believes all the data from China.

Fire him immediately.

186. Eddystone

The SLR was a good rifle, with a tendency to bash my cheekbone as it recoiled. Any one else notice that?

My son had extensive experience with the M4, and speaks very highly of it. Whatever problems the early M16s had has been well and truly fixed. I believe the early ammo was part of the problem.

How original.

187. Top Ender

For my sins, I spent a lot of time carrying the Steyr F88 around the desert, and the dumps of Baghdad.

And every week, we shot off 200 rounds at the range just to keep our eye in. Plus played around with lotsa firearms.

Good fun, especially as the maxim of war is 99% boredom and 1% terror is quite true.

– AK-47 – the VW Bug of assault rifles. Worked but did nothing very well.

– M-16 – the Holden Commodore version.

– MP5 and suchlike – good fun but not much use over 20m.

– Steyr – did everything well; extremely accurate, light, and much preferred.

Along with a 9mm Browning and a Bowie knife, good for almost everywhere.

188. Zatara

The US Navy Secretary has just apologised to Captain Crozier.

He apologized for saying that if the Captain thought his letter wouldn’t make it to the press he was either too stupid or too naive to be the commanding officer of a nuclear carrier.

He went on to say:

“We pick our carrier commanding officers with great care. Captain Crozier is smart and passionate. I believe, precisely because he is not naive and stupid, that he sent his alarming email with the intention of getting it into the public domain in an effort to draw public attention to the situation on his ship.

So, he apologized for misspeaking. He called him a naive stupid person when he was actually a grossly irresponsible turd who knowingly and intentionally committed a massive violation of operational security.

– MP5 and suchlike – good fun but not much use over 20m.

This might interest you:

190. rickw

The Vietnam era ammo was shit and was a major contributor to problems.

/ from the gun swamp.

I believe the early ammo was part of the problem.

That, the lack of training on the new weapon, and the lack of cleaning equipment.

Zatara
    #3398063, posted on April 7, 2020 at 2:15 pm
    The US Navy Secretary has just apologised to Captain Crozier.

This capt snowden and the troll are peas in the pod; they believe they are better, like all lefties, and therefore are not answerable to any mundane regulations and indeed the democratic process itself and the laws the democratic process produces because the democratic process is built on the whims of inferior people. The troll answers only to his higher morality which is the product of his innate superiority.

Capt snowden should be in jail for treason; the troll should be dead.

193. Steve trickler

A big shout out to 6PR Perth. Lisa Barnes, News director?

You’ve got to be kidding me. WHAT A JOKE,

194. rickw

The book on the AK-47 “The Gun” has a pretty good chapter on the M-16 and all the issues.

Lower down the family tree from the M-16 is surprisingly the Marines Johnson rifle, check out the bolt head.

195. Mother Lode

So predictable, isn’t it.

The cur zooms in on a single line, quotes that as his ‘proof’, then someone goes to the source and sees that in its context it communicates the opposite meaning.

Perhaps it is just as well that he hied himself to a projectory – carrying a gun, Australia’s casualty list might have been grievously longer.

196. Nick

From the Guardian:

Bert had no religious convictions, but for those who do, the rituals around burial are ancient. Mueslis for instance, wash the body, wrap it in a shroud, and hold communal prayer.

Strange they didn’t pick one ancient religion in particular which predates I slam quite considerably.

197. Arky

– Steyr – did everything well; extremely accurate, light, and much preferred.

You’d be better off with a SMLE .303 than that bullpup piece of shit.

198. Arky

What is it with Australian military procurement and the fascination for weird arse continental European crap?

199. Infidel Tiger

CMO and PM admit that all decisions are being based on overseas data and that any modelling using Australian data is weeks away.

What a debacle.

200. Bruce in WA

Yairs.
    The gun wankers are emerging from the darkest and most smelly
    [sic] corners of the swamp.

Taught English, did you?

201. Bruce in WA

Formatting fail … 🙁

Height advantage here. Tuck into shoulder and tilt head right and peer through sights. Recoil underneath my cheekbone! But I pays for tallness by having to carry M-60 or the Gutsache around and shout bang loudly.

203. Eddystone

You’d be better off with a SMLE .303

True.

As regards the lack of training on the M16 in Vietnam, I remember a guy telling me he was carrying an F1 out bush when the chopper landed with supplies, including M16s in their wrappers.

The took away the F1 and left him with the M16. He was quite happy about it though.

Government shut down these businesses. They should pay.

You spoon! Government represents you … they never pay, you will pay, your grandkids will pay.

They are right now arranging the transactions in your name.

205. Confused Old Misfit

egg_
    #3398007, posted on April 7, 2020 at 1:41 pm
    The SME jibe was at COM,

Did I miss anything important?
    Or should I just wipe egg off myface?

206. Top Ender

The F1 was an appalling weapon.

Unless you were in a trench or a crowded room.

Without friends.

Then it would kill everything that was standing up, and anything up above you.

The fool or knave game: Numbers is pure fool … Monty is mostly fool but aspiring knave … Plodes is a knave who plays the fool.

208. Filbert

When I was a mortarman in SEQ back in the mid 80’s there was a huge cache of old WW2 3″ HE that we ended up using on range shoots with our 81mm mortars.
    The rounds came in wooden crates with 1941/2 stencilled on it.

The story went that the cache was somehow lost during the war (Brisbane line?) and only recently discovered.
    Apparently there was several acres worth of underground storage loaded with ammo and weapons.
    Anyone else have experience with that ordnance/stash?

/gun swamp

209. Kneel

“Get yourself a bottle of Seppelts Old Liquer Tokay or Muscat.”

Mister Pickwick’s Particular Port.
    Awesome, just awesome. If you like a port or 12, and have never tried it, you don’t know what you’re missing – go buy a bottle, I’m telling you it’s essential you do!

210. Infidel Tiger

Morris make Australia’s best value fortifieds.

The F1 was an appalling weapon.

Who was the optimist who decided it should have a bayonet fitted? If the nasties got that close, you’d be better off hitting them over the head with the wretched device…..

/gun swamp.

212. harrys on the boat

The PM said the Government would be releasing the modelling it is used to make its decisions but has a word of caution.

“You will have what we have, the full complement of what we have available,” he said.

“The modelling work is theoretical. It is not based on Australian case data, or Australian responses.”

“It does not predict what will happen in Australia.”

One of the most disgusting thing I have ever read. He’s destroyed the economy and millions of lives because of this failed modelling.

213. rickw

Destruction through faulty modelling isn’t a new thing for Australia.

214. Shy Ted

1735099 #3398010, posted on April 7, 2020 at 1:43 pm
    There seems to be a fascination with the FAL rifle

Is that how you greet old comrades at reunions? Do they reply “projector wanker”?

215. Graham

What a debacle.

Infidel Tiger King

I can’t see why the State and Territory authorities can’t spend a day sending their masses of public servants out and test say 2000 people at random. That should tell you pretty quickly how far the Chinese virus has got into the population. It may be lots or it may be hardly anyone. At least we would then know.

216. Morris make Australia’s best value fortifieds.

pfft.

Try:
    Baileys of Glenrowan
    Rick Morris (Markwood Estate), if not sold out.

217. twostix

What a debacle.

It was obvious last week when every other hour they were announcing a confused mess of diktats that were being contradicted every hour when they ran headfirst into the wall of local cultural mores.

Our country – and most small countries – right now are being run by-proxy by foreign medical technocrats. Particularly the Imperial College and Harvard which is where almost all the common modelling and public health “policy” we’re all seeing across the world is originating from right now.

Our provincial health bureaucrats wait for those institutions to announce the latest “guidelines”, “modelling”, “policy research” and ideas and they pick them up and run straight to the National Cabinet and order them to implement them.

One day we’ll learn the extraordinary extent to which our laws and regulations are lifted from or given wholesale to us by foreign institutions and governments via our bureaucratic class.

218. MsDolittle

I baked this specially for you Arky

Anyone else have experience with that ordnance/stash?

Had a similar experience in Western Australia, late 1980’s, firing Wobbly Wobbly Two vintage 3″ rounds through the 81mm F2 tube.

220. shatterzzz

And so the excuses begin .. soooo many theories not enough facts ..
    I remember the April 1 deadline .. 500 000 infected 25 000 dead that should be 1st in line .. the under 5 000 infected & 50 dead April 7 deadline , probably, wasn’t in the theoretical Australian case data so won’t get a mention!

221. MsDolittle

Morris also make Australia’s best value indigenous ladies’ handbags.

222. Z.K.2.A. at 2:44

You’re damn right about the F1, hence the first I.A.

Mag on
    Mag off
    Fuck off.

223. twostix

The problem here, as I posted last week, is that even the large foreign medical institutions admit they have absolutely no idea what they’re doing, and that this is just a giant, “radical” experiment:

One of the things that needs to happen now is a better understanding of which social-distancing measures actually worked and how well,” said Grad, noting that sufficient data was still several weeks away. “Does it matter if we close schools? Or large sporting arena events? Or is what really matters getting rid of bars and restaurants and preventing even small groups from mixing?”

His IHME team has not yet modeled the potential resurgence of the virus. “It’s on our to-do list,” he said.

It’s like a fire. If you don’t completely put it out, it will come back. You have to keep suppressing it,” Michael Osterholm, professor and director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota, told The Daily Beast

They’re talking about an eternal state of lockdown because they have no ideas except using the government to force people to do stuff.

That’s where Gladys got her “until we find a vaccine” permanent lockdown from. The “expert” community are telling her that (obviously to anyone who isn’t a dunce) as soon as everyone is let back out any virus will immediately spread again.

They have no ideas except to imprison us.

224. Eddystone

I have heard second* hand stories of buried B17s in the outback being found complete with .50 cal machine guns and ammo.

*Maybe apocryphal.**

**Possibly complete bullshit.

/gun swamp

225. Filbert

Zulu,
    Unlike the 81mm rounds which slowly hissed their way down the tube, the 3″ HE literally rattled down much quicker.
    And again, unlike the 81mm rounds, they weren’t bore safe either.
    Still got an old 3″ pin somewhere.
    We mortarmen used to wear them in our bush hats.

Also, with the old ammo we had to visually inspect the rounds prior to firing and any weeping or blackened were placed out by the aiming post for later disposal.
    Their colour varied from goldish bronze to almost black, due to age.

As for the F1, you gotta admit, a very cool gangster-looking-type SMG and great fun to blat.
    Did a sneaker range with a F1 once.
    Man, I’d pay big dollars to do that again.
    Good times 🙂

226. shatterzzz

I was reading a report (somewhere online, can’t remember where this morning) which detailed infection totals per Oz council area .. I live in Fairfield NSW with an estimated municipality population of 220 000 and the, confirmed, BAT FLU total as of 6 April was 7 (yes, seven) ..
    Centrelink queue, when I passed it on Monday morning, was approximately 200 on the street (excluding how many inside) soooo lotza new unemployed for 7 positives out of 220 0000 possibles ………

227. Infidel Tiger

Glad Bag reckons social distancing is here until a vaccine arrives.

Looks like NSW is in lockdown for at least a century.

228. will

Infidel Tiger
    #3398013, posted on April 7, 2020 at 1:46 pm

Absolute madness.

Government shut down these businesses. They should pay.

The Government does not have any money. They will be using yours.

229. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Some more timewasters and pixel snatchers for the medically uninformed on a serious blog in the time of Corona. Presented in Affabek Lauder of course.

Some people have the lowest stress rate because they do not understand the seriousness of most medical terminology…

Artery : The study of paintings