Monday Forum: April 20, 2020

1,466 Responses to Monday Forum: April 20, 2020

1. Overburdened

Kayzee

Externalising the locus of control.

It’s what people do these days even more than they used to.

Back in the day when people knew how to read and write.

2. Old Lefty

Some random observations

(1) Delta Goodrem’s name was hijacked by the tranny at the centre of the Brisbane library children’s storytime controversy, the self-styled Diamond Goodrim. Even if you are a woman, you have to out up with scatalogical, mysoginist insults if they come from a member of the LGBTQI etc etc mafia

(2) Minchin’s Pell song is not the only specimen of its kind. If you can bear it, see the ‘song’ he wrote about Pope Benedict XVI in 2008. I wrote to the Honours Secretariat about that, objecting to his gong, but haven’t had a reply.

(3) Speaking of the clergy, will Lord Turdball of Waffleworth apologise to Archbishop Wilson over hounding him to resign over a conviction later overturned once it hot beyond a low-grade hack magistrate who wouldn’t even publish his judgement? Don’t hold your breath. (Thankfully, judges are still better north of the Murray.)

Poll

When do you think we will be able to travel to the US.

4. Third form now refers to nerdy Year 8 kids tapping land for two green mana to make their 8/8 Force of Nature a flying creature with first strike and flanking.

I assume it used to mean Year 9.

5. Ellie

Every man tells that story.
    You are all wankers.

6. Sinclair Davidson

Davidson gives me the smote stick for the tough cases

My pronouns are God-Emperor, Czar of all the Cats, etc.

7. kaysee

Proff redding is my donfawl.

Speed reeding ….speed righting 😺

8. Ellie

Only Arky, Grigs and I know.

9. Megan

I’m about to take my first iso tap dancing lesson via Zoom. SP says he wished I’d told him he would have had the floors reinforced.

He’ll pay for that!

10. bespoke

Good thing I’m not a Cat.

When do you think we will be able to travel to the US.

In your case I hope tomorrow.

12. Old School Conservative

kaysee, that theory only works when the reader is speed reading easy text.
    Difficult words, technical jargon, multiple meaning words – all need slow reading of correct spelling.
    Additionally, many effective readers look at the whole word in one glance and the theory falls down there too.

Although I suspect the “research” is just an urban myth.

bespoke
    #3421250, posted on April 20, 2020 at 7:12 pm

Good thing I’m not a Cat.

Love to. It’s spring. There’s no better place on earth than spring over there. STFU.

Yes, Dot. Showing my age. I had visions of box pleats, plaits and hockey sticks wielded in anger.

And that really pervasive hum of smelly sandshoes and over-ripe bananas.

And the formation of deadly factions over trifles.

15. areff

I’m about to take my first iso tap dancing

As Tim Blair put it, men prefer women to specialise in the three main dance forms: Table, lap and pole

Anyway some good news from the whacky world of RoP:

Why the Coronavirus Poses a Unique Threat to RoP Terrorists

Soros-funded RoP group associated with RoP Brotherhood-linked defenders of j.had terror endorses Biden

17. woolfe

In memory of Lizzie i’ve changed my avatar.

18. MemoryFault

You are all wankers.

True, Lovely Lady, but needs must.
    After all, you still won’t let me visit.
    So what else is a guy supposed to do?

Incidentally, 4 out of 38.

19. Howard Hill

Anzac day protests?
    Europeans are also furious that immunity cards will likely be required to travel or even go out of the house. I wonder WHO’s recommending these tracking initiatives to all the parasites?

And a Globite port swung in a tight arc at the shins.

21. Ellie

R F – I was there for you. Two years ago today my mum was brown bread. Yeah. All good

22. Good lord JC, those Stelter posts are absurd.

The responses saying Trump is killing people are just insane.

If only Hillary was President and declared emergency powers, then Americans would be safe.

23. feelthebern

cohenite reminds me of Hudson in Aliens.

24. Sinclair Davidson

I had to google Sophie Tucker.

25. harrys on the boat

Confirmed cases of influenza dropped from 7002 in February to just 95 in April so far as the government’s measures to slow the spread of COVID-19 kicked in.

So before Wuhan Flu, Aus had 7002 cases of Influenza. Now we have just 95.

Meanwhile we have 6619 cases of Chicom Flu.

So all we’ve fucking done is destroy the economy, businesses and peoples lives over a virus that has basically replaced the flu?

Jail for these AMA and MO frauds.

26. MemoryFault

I had visions of box pleats, plaits and hockey sticks wielded in anger.
    And that really pervasive hum of smelly sandshoes and over-ripe bananas.

Stop it Calli!
    You have no idea what teenage memories you are invoking.

27. feelthebern

The CDC numbers on pneumonia in the US are similar Harry.

28. Knuckle Dragger

Remember the talking clock you could ring up and get the time from?

‘At the third stroke,
    It will be two, days,
    Since the last, flounce.

Beep, beep, beep….’

Simpler times. Better times.

Minchin is a spoilt-rotten little rich boy, the son of a surgeon who was himself the son of a surgeon.

Portrayed himself and his brother as “farm boys”.

30. Some History

For anyone interested.

Beautiful piece; beautifully performed; beautifully recorded.

Good for the soul

Jessica’s Theme

31. Knuckle Dragger

Top Ender’s ’25 Signs You’re a Hipster’ link at 5.26 deserves further inspection.

‘Wanna know how to dress like a hipster guy?

Google ‘How To Dress Like a Hipster Girl’. You’re welcome.’

32. Bruce in WA

A good friend and a fine woman was laid to rest today; at 63 far too early, and after years of fighting cancer every stinking inch of the day.

Of course. none of us could attend. We had to watch Livestream. A very sad ending for one of the most sociable people we have ever known.

33. Mick Gold Coast QLD

From calli at 7:00 pm:

“…

And now I’ve bought into the whole ridiculous, childish brouhaha.

Look what youse maaaaaade me do!”

Sounds a lot like Eric Bana’s marvelous effort as Chopper Reid:

AMA says “time is not right” to lift ban on elective surgery.

I’d wager deaths from the ban already outnumber deaths from Xi’s virus.

35. Knuckle Dragger

All you need to know about Tim Minchin is that he’d get his teeth drilled out the back of his neck if he ever went to steps into any front bar in the country.

Open or not.

36. Well hey Ellie I got branded as too lazy to wank because I was complaining it was probably illegal for me to cavort with a leggy redhead who keeps on messaging me.

Too lazy to wank. Must be some sort of record.

There you go Year 12 maths teacher, I achieved something after all.

37. Knuckle Dragger

*two steps*

Penis banner.

38. Howard Hill

When do you think we will be able to travel to the US.

Not until there’s a cure for the FakeKillerBatVirus that can’t be cured. Got it from the Dan man so it must be true.

39. John64

Would appear it’s all got a bit too hard for Mz Milligan who, like Tracey Spicer on occasions, is retiring hurt for a while:

Louise Milligan‏Verified account @Milliganreports · 41m41 minutes ago
    Hi all, in an effort to throw it all into my latest project and manage homeschooling, I am tapping out for a while. So if I don’t answer your DMs, I am not ignoring you, I just need to work and have masses of it to do. Can’t wait to bring more investigative journalism your way.

I recall this little ditty.
    All class.

41. Knuckle Dragger

MGCQ:

‘Sounds a lot like Eric Bana’s marvelous effort as Chopper Reid:
    “Now have a look at what you’ve gone and done, made me shoot ya, now your mum’s upset …”’

Certain people had enormous fun running that line, along with a couple of Blue Murder ones, should they have had occasion to towel up a ne’er-do-well in front of their rellos.

Just for personal amusement, mind, as the unlucky subjects had no idea what the certain people were on about.

42. MemoryFault

Of course. none of us could attend.

Which you all legitimized by agreeing to, and abiding by it.
    Sorry Bruce, but ultimately we create our own reality.

43. Hay Stockard

Sinclair Davidson is the sacred cow of all India.
    Attributed to Mahatma Cote.

Legalise Sedition
    #3421265, posted on April 20, 2020 at 7:18 pm

Good lord JC, those Stelter posts are absurd.

Stelter had gender reassignment surgery and these days identifies as a balding woman. S/he’s now know as Brien Stelter.

45. vlad

Just for Vlad.

Merci, MV.

46. Sinclair Davidson:
    You don’t like my effort?

Greetings to Doomlord, God-Emperor, Czar of all the Cats, Protector of the Dull and Stupid, Defender of the Weak and Timid, and Collector of Busty and Blonde Nubile Wymminssys.

I shall flounce.

Fuck.
    I have now seen everything.
    Alexander Downer on Blot (talking about Trumble):-

I mean really, Andrew, who has a confidential conversation with someone and then blurts it out at the first opportunity?

I dunno.
    What does George Papadopolous have to say on that one?

48. Some History

“Stayin’ Inside” – Coronavirus Bee Gees Parody

49. caveman

Oil $14 bucks a barrel. See another leg down in the DOW.

50. Some History

Quaranqueen (Dancing Queen Parody)

Oil $14 bucks a barrel. See another leg down in the DOW.

I’m long in the Cat Trading account at $18.12. That’s working really well.

52. Rebel with cause

Mate works in IT for a large suburban council. Says that only 1/3rd of the employees meant to be “working from home” have logged on to their computers at all in the couple of weeks the office has been shut down.

MGCQ:

‘Sounds a lot like Eric Bana’s marvelous effort as Chopper Reid:

Seriously, having seen Chopper interviewed a few times, with all of his verbal idiosyncrasies, Eric Bana’s portrayal of Chopper was masterful.
    No “dingo has got my bay-bee” there.

54. Overburdened

There is no doubt that’s the hot crazy matrix is a useful tool in a general sense.

Naturally other matrices I am aware of work every time.

They are to do with spray painting and are located in both parts one and two of the training manual from a very long time ago.

Spray painting is a noble profession and because it’s to do with spraying machinery or other inanimate objects, you pretty much can’t go wrong if you stick to the script.

Even then it can be tricky with temperature and humidity being factors.

The only take home I have from reading this training package was you don’t want orange peel or other fuck ups on the job.

The hot crazy matrix, rather than a script, I see as an early warning system.

I’m long in the Cat Trading account at $18.12.

The 1812 overture ended with a bang.
    Written by a Russian it was.

56. vlad

Trioli said this morning that Sheridan spoke at such length on Insiders re Pell that he must have known her gotcha question would be forthcoming today.

He spoke on Insiders re Pell yesterday for 53 seconds.

I think he did miscalculate, though. When invited on to her show to talk about foreign affairs and the first question was “would you like to correct the record etc about what you said yesterday etc” (paraphrase), he should have said “no” and then waited for the first foreign affairs question.

57. caveman

I’m long in the Cat Trading account at $18.12. That’s working really well.

Double down go hard, it’s only pretend money.

58. MV riffing ATL Carver and Shirley MacLaine.

59. EvilElvis

It’s also given me RSI of the scrolling finger.

A Really Silly Injury, Megan?

60. Overburdened

Bruce WA

Hats off bloke

61. vlad

Milligan has been on the verge of a nervous breakdown on Twitter for days.

Mind you, I give her 36 hours before she’s back.

62. Snoopy

7:30 Report with a piece on The App. Had some muppet from the HRC rabbiting on about community this and community this. I thought human rights were individual rights?

63. EvilElvis

Steve Trickler, if you’re out there man, I had an FM radio induced outburst this arvo.

Quick trip to Perth for ‘logistical’ reasons, duck into Belmont Forum to remind myself what an ethnic/Asian shithole it is (wasn’t disappointed), back on the road and copped the double whammy.

“We’re all in this together, no repeat work day”.

Faaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrkkkk!

I feel for you.

64. Chris

My condolences Bruce. Would that we could have known her.

The Minchin family story is, according to Nel, not a very interesting one — just an ordinary middle-class family in suburban Perth who would regularly retreat to the farm. There was certainly no sense that Tim was destined for something big. “He was just the kid brother,” says older brother Dan in one of many very personal insights into the superstar father of two from friends and family in the film.”

As you do.

66. Overburdened

Faith no more
    Evidence

I put it up about a week ago. So worth another crack.

67. Nick

Louise Milligan
    @Milliganreports

She has been looking after her own kids. I hope she hugs them.

68. Knuckle Dragger

Can I just mention, before I move onto masturbation – Minchin’s hands in the still of egg’s clip just up above.

Look at them. Mincing pansy little things that have never seen the long end of a shovel.

Tiny teensy things with equally effete fingers at full stretch to hold a microphone.

Without bringing Albanese jokes into the equation, there are a lot of Albanese jokes that could be brought into the equation.

69. Stripsearch by FNM could basically be the new national anthem in the German Democratic Republic of Australia.

Make it a music video national anthem.

70. Knuckle Dragger

‘KD your input will be appreciated. For the record probably 7&5 on the got crazy matrix.’

Here to help.

First, context. As the HCM man says, if she’s a hairdresser or a Brittany, you’re in strife. Never too lazy in those circumstances.

Second, you can’t be ‘accused’ of being too lazy to wank. It’s a tactic. Usually works best when follow-up seal the deal lines are used, eg ‘I’ll put the bins out in ten minutes’ or ‘It’s half an hour till your Mum gets here.’

71. Des Deskperson

‘I recall this little ditty. All class.’

According to this article:

He’s a unique musical and lyrical genius, Cole Porter, Tom Lehrer, Bob Dylan, Mozart, Gilbert and Sullivan and any number of other musical giants rolled into one. According to the author, one Liam Viney
    Piano Performance Fellow, The University of Queensland:

‘Minchin’s overall approach is compelling. He underscores sarcastic and bitter lyrics with a sweet, almost romantic musical language. There’s an ironic relationship between text and sound; the acerbic nature of the lyrics is offset by a beautiful, even poignant use of musical elements.’

Here’s an example of his lyrics:

I know what it’s like when you feel a little shitty
    You just want to curl up and have an itty bitty doona day
    But a lot of people here really miss you Georgie
    They really think you oughta just get on a plane
    (Just get on a plane)

Looks like the stuff you would find in a student review at a very mediocre university.

A lot of The Conversation’s pieces end up on the ABC’s website. I can’t find whether this one did.

cohenite reminds me of Hudson in Aliens.

Thanks.

73. Nick

Oh.

Pakistan International Airlines will run a one-off flight from Melbourne to Lahore this week to help hundreds of Pakistanis return home from Australia.

74. Knuckle Dragger

Delta at 6.31 p.m.;

If I may say, very well said and bang on target.

*golf clap*

75. Geriatric Mayfly

Hold me up!

Nick

#3421318, posted on April 20, 2020 at 7:51 pm

Louise Milligan
    @Milliganreports

Call JC’s suicide hotline.
    Call him now.
    Could we see two lefty super-novas implode this week?
    Milligan and Trumble.

77. Knuckle Dragger

I never realised Chris Kenny was Turnbull’s CoS.

He’s taking to the MalTard’s bonce with a rusty mattock.

78. Megan

A Really Silly Injury, Megan

Nearly as silly as the one I was in danger of incurring when I fell off the edge of the tapping board and into the mirror during zoom class. Funny watching myself disappear suddenly from the Zoom frame.

Mirror and self still in one piece.

Good point, arref! 😜

79. Knuckle Dragger

‘Cole Porter, Tom Lehrer, Bob Dylan, Mozart, Gilbert and Sullivan and any number of other musical giants rolled into one. ‘

What?

No Tchaikovsky? No Vanilla Ice?

Sounds like a bit of a one-trick pony to me.

80. Mitch M.

Leigh Lowe
    #3421300, posted on April 20, 2020 at 7:39 pm
    MGCQ:

‘Sounds a lot like Eric Bana’s marvelous effort as Chopper Reid:

No “dingo has got my bay-bee” there.

He was good in Munich(about hunting down Nazi criminals) and Deadfall(violent crime film).

81. Tekweni

Left my wife to watch Turnbull on 7.30.I could not watch any further. He needs treatment. He really has no grasp on reality.

82. Nick

Call JC’s suicide hotline.
    Call him now.
    Could we see two lefty super-novas implode this week?
    Milligan and Trumble.

You should see the comments at Milligan’s, ‘don’t go, we miss you, you work so hard’ lol.

83. feelthebern

What does George Papadopolous have to say on that one?

Georgy boy was retweeted the other day saying that Downer had rolled over.
    Doesn’t look like it.
    Yet.

Time for more book titles for the jaded:

Rum, cocaine and laudanum: old fashioned remedies for troublesome children
    Dial ‘M’ for Man: when she wanted love she knew what to do
    Sea of Thighs: the more women he had the more he wanted
    Handy Man: his nights belonged to the man hungry widow who paid his wage; his days to her hot eyed daughter who wouldn’t leave him alone.

85. Des Deskperson

‘ just an ordinary middle-class family in suburban Perth who would regularly retreat to the farm.’

Minchin went to Christ School Grammar Perth. His three siblings presumably went to the same or a similar status private school.

Year 12 tuition fees at Christ Church Grammar are currently $28 920 pa. slightly less than posh Xavier College, Melbourne, at $30,740 pa but rather more than Canberra Grammar at $25,750 pa .

Ordinary middle class family my a**e .

He’s a unique musical and lyrical genius, Cole Porter, Tom Lehrer, Bob Dylan, Mozart, Gilbert and Sullivan and any number of other musical giants rolled into one. According to the author, one Liam Viney

Oh, fucking spare me.
    I can name scores of lyricists who would eat him for breakfast.
    Buck and Stipe from REM.
    Springsteen (forget his politics for a minute).
    Eminem.
    Fuck, Minchin rates slightly below the Wiggles.

87. Knuckle Dragger

Rollin’/
    In my 5.0/
    With my ragtop down/
    So mah hair can blow

88. Herodotus

Max nailed it:
    The thing about Trioli, as shown in that short interaction with Sheridan, is that she cuts guests off, talks over them and muffles their words when they are trying to make a point she disagrees with. Side turns and distractions sabotage the unwary. It’s part of that air of contempt and condescension she adopts for anyone outside the charmed circle.
    Not just Trioli.

89. vlad

Eric Bana’s portrayal of Chopper was masterful.
    No “dingo has got my bay-bee” there.

Probably helped that he was an Aussie portraying another Aussie.

90. feelthebern

Chris Kenny’s show is pretty decent.
    Jim McGrath looks like shit.
    What happened to him?

91. MemoryFault

He needs treatment. He really has no grasp on reality.

Don’t count on it, Tekweni.
    Did it never occur to you that he is, in fact, helping create a reality – just not the one you’d prefer.

Eric has a unique talent.
    He buys and sells that Crowe chap all day long.

93. Arky

I can name scores of lyricists who would eat him for breakfast.
    Springsteen (forget his politics for a minute).

Like that creepy song about creeping around being a creep?

Hey little girl, is your daddy home?
    Did he go away and leave you all alone? Mhmm
    I got a bad desire
    Oh oh oh, I’m on fire
    Tell me now, baby, is he good to you?
    And can he do to you the things that I do? Oh no
    I can take you higher
    Oh oh oh, I’m on fire

What a creep.

94. Knuckle Dragger

Carnival Cruise Lines, in spite of my recent mocking has jumped.

0.01 to $12.56. Down from $72.00, but still.

To celebrate, I believe I will buy a cat. A boy cat.

I shall call him Attacat.

95. feelthebern

I wouldn’t mind if Trioli was a rude battle axe, as long as she treated everyone the same.
    Same as trucker arse Fran Kelly (apologies to truckers).

96. Arky

More creepy Bruce lyrics.

I come from down in the valley
    Where mister when you’re young
    They bring you up to do like your daddy done
    Me and Mary we met in high school
    When she was just seventeen
    We’d ride out of this valley down to where the fields were green
    We’d go down to the river
    And into the river we’d dive
    Oh down to the river we’d ride
    Then I got Mary pregnant
    And man that was all she wrote

He was good in Munich(about hunting down Nazi criminals)

Hunting down the Black September terrorists. after the murder of the Israeli Olympic team members at the Munich Olympic games, surely?

98. feelthebern

Was Deadfall the one in the snow?

99. Arky

Racist creep:

Got in a little hometown jam
    So they put a rifle in my hand
    Sent me off to a foreign land
    To go and kill the yellow man

Lets guess. the character in this song got caught doing some creepy creeping so they put him in the army. That happens. Alllllllllllllll the time.

100. Arky

Seems to be a bit of a theme to Bruce’s writing:

Glory days, well, they’ll pass you by
    Glory days, in the wink of a young girl’s eye
    Glory days, glory days

101. Knuckle Dragger

‘Eric Bana’s portrayal of Chopper was masterful.’

I thought Poida from FF was pretty good, but then I thought he’d peaked in The Castle.

But he didn’t. How he discovered he could act I don’t know, but he never stereotyped himself and played/plays an impressive range of characters. Could have been a plank-faced block of wood like the early Keanu Reeves but wasn’t. Liked him as Hector alongside Brad Pitt in Troy, but he’s done better before and since.

He’s a St.Kilda man which is of course shit, but you can’t have everything.

102. Ellie

Going to bed in isolation. Night night. X

103. Infidel Tiger King

Eric Bana is a terrible actor.

He is however a very good mimic.

Huge difference.

104. Arky

Oh God.
    He really does have a theme:

Spread out now Rosie, doctor come cut loose her mama’s reins
    You know playin’ blind man’s bluff is a little baby’s game
    You pick up little dynamite, I’ll pick up little gun

105. Knuckle Dragger

Springsteen shits me.

Because I loved his stuff for years, until I found out he was a piece of shit that writes songs and makes multi-millions off the blue-collar working man vibe and being a man of the people, except he was and is anything but.

106. Atoms for Peace

Any recommendations for Aussie betting sites that place bets on US elections. I’m interested in putting money on the final Democrat pick for Prez and VP.

107. feelthebern

Ladbrokes has been good to me Atoms.
    But you should scout about for the one with the best bonus bets for a new account.

108. Arky

More Bruce:

I met her on the strip three years ago
    In a Camaro with this dude from L.A.
    I blew that Camaro off my back,
    And drove that little girl away,

109. mh

Dr. Malcolm Davis
    @Dr_M_Davis
    22m
    About to go on @abcnews to talk #China, #covid, and lawsuits.. live from my home study.

Just watched it, very good.
    I expect it will be repeated later (ABC24)

110. MemoryFault

Good evening Zulu.
    Parcel arrived in good order and condition, thanks very much.
    Although I’m not sure if it will ever arrive at its final destination – a queue has formed here of family plus one other, all wanting to read it.

Incidentally, did you notice it was one of the American editions?

111. feelthebern

Also, you need to look at the terms of the bonus bets.
    Example, some you can only use to put on a bet with odds of $2 & over.
    Others make you turn the bonus bet over a certain amount of times.
    Half an hour on google is worth your time before you sign up.

112. Helen

So much for hiring Aussies out of work, they lasted til the first tough day and packed it in. Two weeks and three days.

113. vlad

Has he ever worked a blue-collar day in his life?

114. Mitch M.

Zulu Kilo Two Alpha
    #3421355, posted on April 20, 2020 at 8:19 pm
    He was good in Munich(about hunting down Nazi criminals)

Yes, worth watching. So is Deadfall. He is a versatile actor.

115. feelthebern

Define tough Helen ?

116. vlad

What was the job, Helen?

117. Geriatric Mayfly

.Could we see two lefty super-novas implode this week?
    Milligan and Trumble.

Recently we were keeping an eye on Betelgeuse; not much happening there. If Milligan goes off it will be a whopper, and the universe seeded with a whole new table of heavy elements.

118. feelthebern

Deadfall was a cracking watch.

119. Helen

So I got a message tonight that my chloroquine order has been refunded. Probs don’t need it anyway the way this thing is panning out. Just keep social distancing and washing hands and wear the goddam masks when in the shops.

120. vlad

Betelgeuse has faded visibly.

So has Fatso.

121. feelthebern

10 civil cases are planned says the ABC.
    Is that basis for a ACMA complaint if they don’t eventuate?

122. Helen

Station hand Vlad, A couple of tradies that had lost their jobs on account of the virus – we just had to put in a couple of hard ones to get a particular job done but too much for them.

123. mh

I come from down in the valley
    Where mister when you’re young
    They bring you up to do like your daddy done
    Me and Mary we met in high school
    When she was just seventeen
    We’d ride out of this valley down to where the fields were green
    We’d go down to the river
    And into the river we’d dive
    Oh down to the river we’d ride
    Then I got Mary pregnant
    And man that was all she wrote

If it was just the River it would be forgivable.

Great song.

124. Overburdened

Cohenite

If you have some spare laudanum I would be happy to take it off your hands.

As a pretty close to being a retiree, I am on the beach every day.

This is not for the waves or the beauty of the environment.

I comb the beach looking for that oilskin covered parcel that has fell off a boat at sea.

If I find one I’m going to lie down.

125. Helen

chipping weeds out of the hay crop big rest break in the day, saw it wasn’t going to work, another plan for tomorrow, but scooted.

126. Overburdened

……and to see Salty the seagull.

What a little champ he is.

127. Helen

So now left the the geriatrics and the French guy.

128. feelthebern

Chris Mitchell (in his book) said he was the one who corroborated that Lyons chap account of Tony Abbott talking about Australia invading Syria.
    Ex that load of tripe, he seems half decent.

129. Mick Gold Coast QLD

From Delta A at 6:31 pm:

“NoFixedAddress at 6:10 pm

Lizzie

… not defending you at the time of the attacks …

There have been no attacks.

LL, Nick, KD and others have parodied Elizabeth – and very cleverly, IMO. It’s called humour, precisely what almost every other Cat is subject to from time to time. And yes, maybe there’s a touch of mockery, but as they say, if you can’t take the heat…

BTW, Elizabeth enjoys a touch of mockery herself – when it’s her dishing it out. She was vocal in discussing my ‘wooden leg’, knowing – as an informed medical expert would know – that wooden legs went out decades ago, but the term is still used to mock amputees like myself.

I didn’t flounce – quite the contrary – but from that point I also started scrolling Elizabeth, even though I knew that I would be missing an occasional good post. Others have referred to the wooden leg, but it was without the underlying malice, and in fact was generally funny and obviously supportive of my dilemma.

She’ll be back. I’ll continue to scroll.

That’s as good a summary of the reality as I have seen Delta A, well said.

I well remember Johanna copping a dreadful retort from that quarter two or three years back, plain common, and there was no Summer Heights High schoolyard gurrrrl gang formed too protect her from “bullying”, replete with showy personal phone comfort calls to ease the pain.

Ostensibly adult participants on an internet discussion site crying “bully” is about the most feeble bleat as you will see.

A couple of other cogent comments I have read:

” She’ll be back.

I agree Delta.
    IIRC Lizzie has done this before.

Time and again, for years, there is nothing new in this.

“Adults may leave whenever they choose. If the hazing got too much, best to go.”

I don’t know what “hazing” is but one would be doing well to argue with the thrust of the advice.

Good evening Zulu.
    Parcel arrived in good order and condition, thanks very much.

Incidentally, did you notice it was one of the American editions?

My compliments, and thank you, Memory Fault No, didn’t pick up on the American edition.

131. vlad

It actually sounds like hard work, Helen. I’d think twice before taking it on.

132. Overburdened

No point in clogging a dead horse.

I’ve had some last till smoko, Helen. Off to the shops for whatever, never came back.

We must be tough bosses.

Knuckle Dragger

#3421363, posted on April 20, 2020 at 8:27 pm

Springsteen shits me.

I feel the same way.
    But, he does (did) have a skill for punching out words to evoke emotions.
    Minchin is on the level with limerick writers.

135. Overburdened

Fuckn flogging!

FFS

136. vlad

Ex that load of tripe, he seems half decent.

Journalists are stupid and white-collar bosses are generally stupider than their workers so that suggests newspaper editors are some of the stupidest people on earth.

137. Des Deskperson

‘Has he ever worked a blue-collar day in his life?’

He is very big in Canberra, where the percentage of people who work or have worked in blue collar jobs is probably somewhat lower than Australia overall.

Labor Party people – not just the likes of Swan and Plibbers, but apparatchiks and foot soldiers – are in my experience all Springsteen fans, it seems to be a contrived and maybe even semi-official badge of working class cred, part, perhaps, of some sort of induction pledge.

138. Arky

Springsteen is shit.
    Once you realise it’s all just pose, and the thing about the music you fell for as a fifteen year old kid was just a stupid, contrived bit of posing, it frees you to see how shit the songs were, and how stupid you were, like all fifteen year old kids.

139. Ellie

Mick – take your hand off your cock. And Delta might do the same thing

140. bespoke

Shit Helen that stinks. .

141. vlad

Minchin is on the level with limerick writers.

Limericks are a disciplined form akin to haiku. He’d be no good at that.

Try “greeting card writers”. A soft-handed son of privilege like him could probably do that poorly enough to get by.

142. Arky

Also you read the lyrics as an adult and realise he is channelling a sex offender.

143. Sinclair Davidson

Wishing you long life on the anniversary of your Mum’s passing Ellie. Hope you got to light a candle and reflect on your Mum in happier times.

144. Ellie

You are all a bunch of Libertarian wankers.

Got in a little hometown jam
    So they put a rifle in my hand
    Sent me off to a foreign land
    To go and kill the yellow man

UUmmm, Springsteen failed the physical when he was drafted.

146. Arky

Springsteen failed the physical when he was drafted.

So what you’re saying is, he just wanted to go to a foreign land and kill the yellow man?

147. bespoke

Wishing you long life on the anniversary of your Mum’s passing Ellie.

Wasn’t that last week?

148. MemoryFault

No, didn’t pick up on the American edition.

Check out the page at the front of the copy you have. The page with copyright and ISDN details etc. If it is one of the U.S. reprints it is mentioned there.

149. NoFixedAddress

Helen
    #3421389, posted on April 20, 2020 at 8:37 pm

chipping weeds out of the hay crop big rest break in the day

Out of actual curiosity but what sort of weeds Helen?

I grew up chipping bathurst burr which is and was a mungrle, particularly in sheep country, but summer crops as well.

150. Knuckle Dragger

‘Mick – take your hand off your cock. And Delta might do the same thing.’

Mick, clearly you are on target. Godspeed.

At this point, and whilst not directed at any single poster I will again express my admiration for Delta in all things – not least her ability to undergo severe personal trials without going all screechy.

It is abundantly clear that there are people here who, if they were in the same situation would then only be able to count to 15.

151. Knuckle Dragger

‘Springsteen failed the physical when he was drafted.’

Another one ‘smarter’ than Liability Bob.

152. Snoopy

Has someone copy and pasted this article? Or can someone? In compliance with fair use copyright law. Of course.

Quotes to help you put your mind at ease
    Posted on 10:29 am, April 20, 2020 by The Artist Formerly Known As Spartacus
    Adam Creigton hit gold again in the Oz. Unfortunately he only reported and did not comment this time. Check this one out – Mervyn King: ‘No sign of inflation breakout’.

153. Boambee John

Helen
    #3421391, posted on April 20, 2020 at 8:38 pm
    So now left the the geriatrics and the French guy.

Is the French guy named Guy, used to be a tour guide out of Darwin?

154. mh

I come from down in the valley
    Where mister when you’re young
    They bring you up to do like your daddy done
    Me and Mary we met in high school
    When she was just seventeen
    We’d ride out of this valley down to where the fields were green
    We’d go down to the river
    And into the river we’d dive
    Oh down to the river we’d ride
    Then I got Mary pregnant
    And man that was all she wrote
    And for my nineteenth birthday I got a union card and a wedding coat
    We went down to the courthouse
    And the judge put it all to rest
    No wedding day smiles no walk down the aisle
    No flowers no wedding dress
    That night we went down to the river
    And into the river we’d dive
    Oh down to the river we did ride, yeah yeah
    I got a job working construction for the Johnstown Company
    But lately there ain’t been much work on account of the economy
    Now all them things that seemed so important
    Well Mister they vanished right into the air
    Now I just act like I don’t remember
    Mary acts like she don’t care
    But I remember us riding in my brother’s car
    Her body tan and wet down at the reservoir
    At night on them banks I’d lie awake
    And pull her close just to feel each breath she’d take
    Now those memories come back to haunt me
    They haunt me like a curse
    Is a dream a lie if it don’t come true
    Or is it something worse
    That sends me down to the river
    Though I know the river is dry
    That sends me down to the river tonight, yeah
    Down to the river
    My baby and I
    Oh down to the river we ride, oh
    Ooh ooh, ooh ooh
    Ooh ooh, ooh ooh
    Source: LyricFind
    Songwriters: Bruce Springsteen

155. bespoke

Knuckle Dragger
    #3421417, posted on April 20, 2020 at 8:53 pm

156. From the Epoch Times and the Chinese foray into Britains 5G network.
    No matter what China does now, it has its fingers stuck in the meat mincer and can’t get them out.
    Quite ridiculous actually. It went down the cover up track to save ‘face’ and as usual, when they failed to control the story, it just made them look duplicitous.

157. Geriatric Mayfly

mh Did you put that gibberish there for a reason?

Worth a repeat ..

areff

#3421093, posted on April 20, 2020 at 5:58 pm

The two numbers I keep seeing are eight cases or ten cases.

Of the top of my head there’s

1/ R’s dad (if he dares proceed)

2/The family of the dead Ballarat junkie who reckons Pell stuffed his christmas ham-sized hands up his little boy togs

3/ Another pool boy who now lives in Queensland

likely:

4/ the bloke who reckons he was buggared in the cinema by Pell, who wasn’t in town at the time; nor was the nominated movie playing that year

5/ The Aboriginal artist who initially told the ABC that the worst thing about the orphanage was leaving it, but now claims he received the swimming pool finger too

6/ The other fantasist Sarah Ferguson uncovered in Revelation III: what the High Court needs to hear before it delivers its ruling

7/ J might also sue, despite his current low profile

The rest, who knows? Drag a dollar through a no-hopers’ shelter and you’ll get plenty of takers

areff, any cases arising out of the St Pats Cathedral allegations are dead like the Bulldogs premiership chances.
    That takes care of #1 and #7.
    As you say the others are a long list of desparate chancers.
    But the “no win no fee” funding guys might be putting them under the microscope.
    Here we are, nearly two weeks after the High Court judgement “released the shackles” on civil action and nothing lodged.

159. Knuckle Dragger

‘Limericks are a disciplined form akin to haiku.’

Haiku are awesome. 17 syllables of pure intent.

My dance class was cancelled
    I went to the Troc
    So who to debate now?

160. Helen

Anyway I am sorry Lizzie has gone and she didn’t flounce, she just faded. Like those photos that just fade out. The nastiness displayed towards her on this blog was pure green evil I never understood why Pavlov’s dogs had to respond with such vitriol every time she wrote something instead of scrolling if it offended them so much. Who cares if she told an occasional porky, we are all guilty of that, – why let the truth get in the way of a good story as a mate used to say – at least she is entertaining. I liked hearing about her life in Sinny and around and about. And she never dropped the weights on another cat. I seriously considered leaving myself since but there are people on here who I do like to read, so I will continue to scroll the others for the time. No doubt they will target another victim. Possibly me. If so, get fucked in advance.

I know who I’d rather have afternoon tea with, anyhow. And Lizzie, if you are reading still though I doubt it, you would be welcome to share a cuppa from Aunt Adamina’s silver teapot with the dent in it on our veranda in the still, slanting, late afternoon sunshine – any time. It would be so enjoyable.

161. Nick

Ditto KD, Delta is a trooper.

162. Mitch M.

bespoke
    #3421426, posted on April 20, 2020 at 8:57 pm
    Knuckle Dragger
    #3421417, posted on April 20, 2020 at 8:53 pm

163. mh

Geriatric Mayfly
    #3421430, posted on April 20, 2020 at 8:59 pm
    mh Did you put that gibberish there for a reason?

Yeah. You can sing it. You know the tune.

164. Caveman

Oil certainly getting a flogging now down to $13 a barrel , start filling ya swimming pool .

165. feelthebern

Wow.
    Australia has smashed COVID19 says PM Live.
    Smashed a fake virus.

At the risk of quoting Mr Springsteen again … “Tougher than the rest”.

167. mh

Geriatric Mayfly, when I was a kid visiting Deutschland I used to listen to US army radio.

It was always My Sharona in the daytime and The River at night.

168. Infidel Tiger King

Wow.
    Australia has smashed COVID19 says PM Live.
    Smashed a fake virus.

We also did remarkably well against Ebola and sustained no losses at the Battle of Hastings.

169. Knuckle Dragger

Yes she is a trooper Nick, and I find it interesting that the fainting couch artists cannot see the difference between outright abuse complete with sexual overtones, as plainly demonstrated by somebody just now and the taking of piss.

Which we all cop. Which has been mentioned. Time and again.

Arky

#3421412, posted on April 20, 2020 at 8:49 pm

Springsteen failed the physical when he was drafted.

So what you’re saying is, he just wanted to go to a foreign land and kill the yellow man?

Fuckety fuck.
    We really needed to do this when Numbers Bob was awake.

171. Delta A

You make me LOL, KD.

172. China slowly edging into nuclear weapons use – Low Yield warheads for bunker busting.
    Worrying inasmuch that China is trying to add steps in escalation that don’t really exist.

173. Infidel Tiger King

Delta is Olympus level.

Infidel Tiger King

#3421441, posted on April 20, 2020 at 9:05 pm

Wow.
    Australia has smashed COVID19 says PM Live.
    Smashed a fake virus.

And the Bubonic Plague.
    Smashed it.
    Bruce Pascoe reckons it was Aboriginal medical research which protected the First Nations from the plague.

175. Nick

KD as with the Left, it all depends on the person and their politics.
    Maybe we should ask Johanna sometime, certainly not a victim, but addressed in a way the hypocrites turn a blind eye to because she isn’t popular.

176. Infidel Tiger King

Plibersek was pretty darn cute as a 20 year old.

She should never have cut her hair.

177. Ellie

Hey Mum. Happy anniversary of your death.

178. Overburdened

I would disagree on the term libertarian give the track record.

179. Pedro the Loafer

Garmin GPS and iPhone GPS put my backyard long/lat positions 180 metres away from each other.

Social distancing obviously.

180. Siltstone

Sinc, will Malcolm be sending you a signed copy of his book, you being such a strong advocate of his greatness? (Or is that potential greatness?)

181. vlad

We really needed to do this when Numbers Bob was awake.

A big ask; he drifts in and out of sleep all day.

182. Overburdened

Anniversaries are always good times to communicate with family and friends.

Commiserations

183. Crossie

My local chemist has lots of hand sanitiser bottles, in bins all over the shop. The only problem is that they are not pump bottles but squeeze bottles. I understand the reason is that the pump bottles are only made in China. Tell me again why we should not diversify our supply chain.

184. Arky

Plibersek was pretty darn cute as a 20 year old.

For sure.
    Gillard was a looker in her youth too.

185. Knuckle Dragger

There is an old saying. Probably from the ancient lore of the sea. Those blokes loved this stuff.

No matter who you are – if you add up all your own problems, and if you then add up everyone else’s problems and average them out, once you got that number you’d take your own problems back any day of the week.

Dunno how ancient that is, reading it over. Probably a bit wordy too.

Fuck it. I like that saying.

186. Pedro the Loafer

Damn you to Hell for that, Arky.
    Sucked in.

187. NoFixedAddress

Springsteen cannot make music.

If it wasn’t for The E Street Band he’s nothing.

If you want a real river song, this is it

188. Overburdened

Pedro

New rule in the age of the pandemic down here at the beach.

You can drop in so long as you’re 1.5 m in front.

189. Knuckle Dragger

‘Damn you to Hell for that, Arky.’

Yup.

*puts up hand*

Infidel Tiger King

#3421450, posted on April 20, 2020 at 9:10 pm

Plibersek was pretty darn cute as a 20 year old.

She should never have cut her hair

I realise the booze ban has been lifted in the Woosy West, but you need to take the beer goggles off.

191. Pedro the Loafer

Salt water is toxic to human life IMO, overburdened.

I only have a vague idea of what is meant by “dropping in”.

Something to do with waterborne punch ups?

192. vlad

Gillard was never pretty but there’s a charm in even the plainest youth.

193. Arky

You people looking for sexy pics of Gillard got everything you deserved.
    Shame on you.

194. Arky

vlad
    #3421466, posted on April 20, 2020 at 9:21 pm
    Gillard was never pretty but there’s a charm in even the plainest youth.

She looks like the class snitch.

195. Crossie

Ellie
    #3421451, posted on April 20, 2020 at 9:11 pm
    Hey Mum. Happy anniversary of your death.

Ellie, I go to my dad’s grave at least four times a year, on his birthday, on his death day, on Fathers Day and on All Souls Day which is when you should visit all you deceased relatives. And I always bring flowers.

The All Souls Day is what my kids call the Cemetery Crawl Day as we have family buried in five cemeteries around Sydney.

196. bespoke

Libertarian “ I don’t care what consenting adults to each other”.
    ‘Progressive’ “ you will accept what I do without question”

Another series, another puke attack.

Anyone noticed that every movie or series now has someone having a heave anytime something stressful happens in a scene. It’s freaking revolting and never happens in real life.

198. Pedro the Loafer

For pity’s sake, stop talking about the young and naive Gillard or else CL will turn with his appalling Youtube link of the dancing harridans.

199. Crossie

vlad
    #3421466, posted on April 20, 2020 at 9:21 pm
    Gillard was never pretty but there’s a charm in even the plainest youth.

She’s not called a slapper for nothing.

200. MatrixTransform

Too late she cried as waved her wooden …

… wait, who ?

never mind

201. feelthebern

Would you rather give Gillard a rim job or let Turnbull blow you?

My local chemist has lots of hand sanitiser bottles, in bins all over the shop.

Sign in one of my local shops says, grimly, “Owing the the number of bottles of hand sanitizer that have been stolen, we will no longer have hand sanitizer on the counter. Please ask the staff for sanitizer.”

203. Old School Conservative

Good point made on Kenny tonight:
    Turnbull’s book has rehashed the old rumour about the Abbott/Credlin affair.
    A despicable man writing despicable rubbish.

204. Leo G

I see tonight that ABC Media watch finds the ABC free of bias against George Pell, and “besides many of Pell’s supporters are Catholic”. So ABC innocent of Pell bias, but Catholics guilty.
    A fair example of ABC impartiality.

205. Ellie

I am grieving the loss of my mum. Tell me how to get over it!

206. feelthebern

If Turnbull had balls, he would have just come out & stated it.
    But he didn’t.
    He did in a weasel word way that the publishers insurers would have approved.
    A total cvnt.

207. feelthebern

He did it in a weasel word way.

NoFixedAddress

#3421461, posted on April 20, 2020 at 9:17 pm

Springsteen cannot make music.

If it wasn’t for The E Street Band he’s nothing.

I do agree that the Clarence (PBUH) sax and Roy’s piano added a depth to the band.
    But it was Bruce’s call to include them in the band.
    Mind you, despite the theatrics, Bruce was the fifth best guitarist in the band.
    Nils # 1
    Daylight #2
    Steve van Zandt #3
    Garry Tallent #4
    Bruce #5

209. feelthebern

Steve van Zandt #3

His hairpiece in the Soprano’s was a work of art.

210. Crossie

Zulu Kilo Two Alpha
    #3421478, posted on April 20, 2020 at 9:28 pm
    My local chemist has lots of hand sanitiser bottles, in bins all over the shop.

My chemist must have got a truck load today, there were hundreds of bottles in each bin at both entrances and inside in strategic locations. What’s more, the toilet paper shelves in Woolies were FULL. Be still my heart, this must mean we are not far away from being freed from house arrest.

211. vlad

Bruce was the fifth best guitarist in the band.

He’d have been the fifth best guitarist in any five-piece band.

212. Sinclair Davidson

Siltstone – 😫

Not only was my signed copy lost in the mail he neglected to thank me in the book itself.

213. feelthebern

Where do the WA cops get off telling people they can’t stock up on booze?
    If someone wants to buy 10 bottles of JD or 20 cartons of beer, who’s business is it apart from the purchaser?

214. Crossie

Leo G
    #3421481, posted on April 20, 2020 at 9:30 pm
    A fair example of ABC impartiality.

Something they will never tell the rest of Australia what percentage of their funding is coming from Australian Catholics.

Defund, sell or just shut down.

215. Cassie of Sydney

“Ellie
    #3421483, posted on April 20, 2020 at 9:31 pm
    I am grieving the loss of my mum. Tell me how to get over it!”

Is it your mother’s yarzeit today? I hope you have lit a yarzeit candle to remember her neshama…..which is now with Hashem.

216. MemoryFault

Tell me how to get over it!

Well, for a start you can stop commenting here and leaving yourself open to abuse by people who don’t understand. Remember what happened last time.

Phone a friend instead.

217. feelthebern

Turn on PM Live to see idiocy in action.
    Andrew Laming talking to Paul Murray.
    Andrew Laming not exactly the smartest of fellows.

feelthebern

#3421487, posted on April 20, 2020 at 9:33 pm

Steve van Zandt #3

His hairpiece in the Soprano’s was a work of art.

Ha, ha.
    The E Street Band and AC/DC work on the same model.
    Extrovert strutters and pouters up front (Bruce, Stevie and Angus).
    The driving sound and melodic riffs coming from the unassuming chaps behind (Nils Lofgren and Malcolm Young).

219. Knuckle Dragger

‘Steve van Zandt #3’

That man had no acting experience. None. Then out of the blue he was asked to play Silvio in The Sopranos.

Thus giving hope to millions that you can still become a rich-as-shit superactor by walking in off the street.

And by ‘millions’, I mean me.

220. Siltstone

Such is the life of the politcally naive. Just don’t do it again.

221. dover_beach

They are digging even further.

Knuckle Dragger

#3421499, posted on April 20, 2020 at 9:40 pm

‘Steve van Zandt #3’

No acting experience?
    Are you kidding,
    He spent 20 years impersonating a guitarist!

223. Infidel Tiger King

I am grieving the loss of my mum. Tell me how to get over it!

You won’t.

One day you’ll be doing something like buying apples or sorting clothes pegs and the grief will wash over you and make you feel ill.

And that’s a good thing. Because it shows how much you loved her and how much she meant to you.

As times goes on there will be more space between those moments but they will never go away.

Embrace it.

224. Crossie

Ellie
    #3421483, posted on April 20, 2020 at 9:31 pm
    I am grieving the loss of my mum. Tell me how to get over it!

Sorry Ellie, I don’t know. Dad has been gone for sixteen years and it’s still too fresh. Lots of flowers help and then have a little chat, fill her in on what’s been happening.

225. Knuckle Dragger

Devastation for rose lovers everywhere:

‘Western Bulldogs star Lachie Hunter today volunteered to give up the vice-captaincy as the club’s investigation into his series of poor decisions dragged into a fifth day.’

He volunteered to give it up to his hyphen-missus, but she still won’t let him back in the house.

226. Knuckle Dragger

‘He spent 20 years impersonating a guitarist!’

*gasps*

You, sir, are a cad.

227. Delta A

One last comment:

This is an excellent site, frequented by like-minded Alphas who enjoy exchanging information, PoV and frequently virtual fisticuffs with bristling enthusiasm. Occasionally, people divulge snippets of their real lives, which is fine. But it isn’t Facebook.

It is embarrassing, IMO, to watch (usually) women carrying on like schoolchildren, taunting and tattling, then crying ‘bully’ when someone hurts their feelz. No wonder we, as a group, garner such criticism and contempt. This is a pity because most kittehs are robust enough to handle the occasional dispute without falling to pieces: I love feeling part of the larger female clowder.

Just chill and enjoy the roller coaster ride.

228. bespoke

No else but you and hr have lost a loved one?

Remember what happened last time.

Like last week when Bern and Cassie con•sole her.

Embrace it.

And worse, you will get sudden attacks of guilt over stuff you should have done … or not done … or whatever.
    When you have the answer to that one let me know

230. DrBeauGan

+ Lots. ∆ is a tough chick. And straight as you can get.

231. Arky

This is the price you pay for growing up in a loving household.
    How glad I am that my sensible parents never expressed any love or even liking for me.
    Makes it so much easier when the time comes to roll them into their cold, cold graves.

232. Crossie

Knuckle Dragger
    #3421499, posted on April 20, 2020 at 9:40 pm
    ‘Steve van Zandt #3’

I had no idea who this guy is, the first time I saw him was in “Lilyhammer” series in Norway.

Knuckle Dragger

#3421507, posted on April 20, 2020 at 9:46 pm

‘He spent 20 years impersonating a guitarist!’

*gasps*

You, sir, are a cad.

Possibly harsh.
    But he is not worthy to carry Nils guitar cases.

234. Rex Mango

Watching ABC with Some girls like lesbians called McManus (never had a boyfriend) & Hamish McDonald (never had a girl friend) on ABC.

235. Knuckle Dragger

There are no bogans in Ballarat.

This is why it was so surprising in that quiet, toffee-nosed regional hub that this happened (the Hun:)

‘A man has been rushed to hospital after a shooting in Ballarat this afternoon. Police are investigating the incident which occurred shortly before 3pm on Clover Street in Wendouree.’

Shot in the face, it would seem. How out of character. Or is it? Surely Wendouree’s been gentrified by now.

‘It is believed that the shooter pulled up to the victim’s home at about 2.55pm, pulling the trigger when the man came to the window and then fled the scene.’

Probably an Audi. Let’s hear from a witness:

‘“I called 000 after it happened and some of the other neighbours who seen it too rang an ambulance.’

Ah. Forget everything I just said.

236. Bar Beach Swimmer

To Winston, I agree with your post about creative destruction and the free market. Even when it’s being trammelled by govt as it is at the moment in certain sectors, as long as there is finitude in the recalibration process, sans the unfit for purpose, the market goes on.

In many ways the Cat reflects the chaos of a healthy market. With as few rules as possible, new entrants arriving occasionally or coming back to take another look around, but all aware that significant scrutiny will follow, creates a healthy Cat balance sheet. But be warned, entering this place is like entering Dante’s strange landscape into Hell. In the struggle of ideas and contrary viewpoints, you enter here and you abandon all hope of an easy rendering.

237. Hay Stockard

While I still respect the office of Comstable I have lost any lingering respect I have had for any Australian police force. Except for the AFP. Never rated them at all.

238. feelthebern

Like last week when Bern and Cassie con•sole her.

Who did what now ?

h/t Casper from the Simpsons.

239. Geriatric Mayfly

The ABC didn’t much like the 7 – 0 decision by the land’s highest court. But when it comes to assessing their own appalling behaviour, the likes of Paul Barry as judge and jury will do very nicely.

Delta @ 9:46.
    Correct.
    Someone described this place as Thunderdome.
    Then I found out he drank rosé.
    Catallaxy is a long and winding road.
    Unless you are drinking your own bathwater whilst driving your fancy car and run off into a hedgerow.
    “The Joys of Motoring” as Kenneth Graham used to say.