Wednesday Forum: April 22, 2020

1,082 Responses to Wednesday Forum: April 22, 2020

JC, few weeks time if we wipe out the disease we could be sitting pretty. Obviously no overseas travel, but envy of the world.

This isn’t a non criticism of the government because of the cost. It’s lunacy. However, if we’re comparing in terms of a relative playing field – everyone in the west was essentially closed down to some extent- we have seriously kicked arse.

2. mh

Btw Trump has just called the North Korean tyrant his friend. Clown.

So does Dennis Rodman.

He might be a good fella if you got to know him, Boris.

3. Rex Mango

BorisG, agree Obarassment had his eye off the ball in South China Sea. Seems it could soon be serious shooting match & our navy who hasn’t done much for seventy years might be involved.

4. BorisG

Guys still would have preferred to be in Sweden?

5. jupes

the wife of my friend was treated with it in Moscow and got these horrible side effects

I took it as a malaria prophylaxis in the ’80s.

There were no side effects, however there were no prescribed effects either. I still got malaria.

6. MatrixTransform

arrhythmia

something tells me that rhythm is something is something you don’t have either Boz

7. No one wants to be isolated in Sweden unless you are with a Nordic hottie. Case closed.

I have to say… again in relative terms, as the entire west is an over-governed slosh house. This place does run well compared to the rest. It’s actually an incredible place when you think about it. 25 million fuckers on a continent the same size as the US with pretty much everything we need and then some. There’s only one slight problem, it’s just not as fun as Europe or the big cities as the US. It’s kind of a little on the boring side. But it does work relatively well.

9. Knuckle Dragger

jupes:

‘Mate of mine was an ex-traffic cop in Vic of all places. He was posted out in the country somewhere and loved driving. Champion bloke.’

Yep. And the deaths of the four Vicco traffic cops will be front page and all that for quite some time. But, and this may be just me, the mourning by the public won’t be there to the extent it usually is – and that’s because recent events have demonstrated that the public at large has lost a lot of its confidence in its cops, as well as almost all its goodwill.

And as I type I discover that this afternoon 12 NSW cops closed down a post-funeral burial service in Queanbeyan. One that could have gone ahead a kilometre or two away in the ACT.

The young bloke concerned died in a car accident on the weekend.

mh
    #3424598, posted on April 22, 2020 at 11:31 pm

Btw Trump has just called the North Korean tyrant his friend. Clown.

So does Dennis Rodman.

He might be a good fella if you got to know him, Boris.

mh, that is the best non-sequitur I’ve ever see at the Cat. The best. More please.

11. Mick Gold Coast QLD

The Australian front page:

Obama star power could help Biden

Michelle Obama could prove the winning ingredient for Joe Biden as he tries to capture the White House this year.”

That to me is one of life’s great mysteries – how any sane adult could even contemplate voting for that thing to be US President.

12. MatrixTransform

But it does work relatively well.

walked on the beach today.

5 pelicans skimming the water

and terns perched on the jetty pylons

13. mh

I think lil Kim is a better guy than his father. Ok, he’s killed his brother and his uncle, but his father was a bigger dickhead.

14. Rex Mango

JC, our horse racing much better than the USA, of course our football and cricket? Perhaps our cars are substandard. The USA a good country, but it only beats Australia if you are after guns, or cars.

Maxi

The water down the peninsula is crystal clear. You can walk along a pier and see quite far down to the floor as the water is unbelievably clean.

16. Rex Mango

Who here would sleep with Michelle Obama?

17. 30 Rock is Alec Baldwin’s best work, alongside The Boss Baby.

18. Mindfree

Yep people
    What I said last week that obummas endorsement was a deal to have Michelle as the running mate
    Could be wrong but let’s see how this plays out especially with Biden’s wife overseeing his campaign

19. mh

Brain bleach please Rex.

I’m outta here.

20. No Rex Mango. She would have a bigger dick than most blokes.

21. Infidel Tiger King

Remember when Boris was telling us Wuhan was fine and his friend was jogging around, shopping, doing Tai Chi, without a care in the world?

I put it to you that Boris is a crank.

Rex

The US is exciting. It’s just an incredible country. It’s not binary in the sense that to love one place means you love the other(s) less. But the US is just a mind blowing place. I just love it for different reasons. A couple of our firms have it, but there are just so many really good businesses there. There’s seriously high IQ in the US which makes it unbeatable. Ironically, I also think it has the dumbest human beings in the world. There are people there who are so fucking stupid, you’re left speechless. Florida man is real.

Black Ball

#3424603, posted on April 22, 2020 at 11:33 pm

Don’t bother.
    Nordic hotties.
    Phht.
    Dud roots.
    All of them.
    Except Agnetha.
    Firecracker.

24. MatrixTransform

good pic.

The Crazy Old Mole has a knack … that’s colour btw.

this afternoon.

25. MatrixTransform

the water is unbelievably clean

mate, it’s a glory.
    every day is different

I feel blessed

26. Rex Mango

JC, yeah big fan of the USA too. Took ideas our Pommy overlords were too scared to explore & became richest people on the planet. Also only humans to properly leave the planet.

This to me is an incredible story. I know there’s a little anti-immigration feeling around here.
    Everyone would have heard of Homs – the Syrian city fucked over by ISIS big time.

A half Syrian created the first US$ 1 trillion company in history. That’s the US and to some extent here too.

Less well known is the fact that while Steve Jobs was born in California he was actually adopted, and his biological father was a political migrant from the Syrian city of Homs, now devastated by the civil war in Syria. … Jandali was born in 1931 in Homs, Syria to a wealthy landowner.

28. MatrixTransform

one out of how many??

four … first shot

Mark A
    #3424629, posted on April 22, 2020 at 11:59 pm

one out of how many??

All you need it one.

MatrixTransform
    #3424630, posted on April 23, 2020 at 12:03 am
    I do get irritated when someone points out a solitary individual of any race or creed who has made it good as if this were the normal for the said race or creed.

31. Rex Mango

Great song, going out to all the veterans out there of which John Fogarty’s brother was one, I believe:

32. Chevy Chase on Community. Excellent role and Ken Jeong is great too.

33. Rex Mango

How did that happen, repost:

Mark A

You can get as fucking irritated as you want and next time don’t ever double ??, you fucking idiot.

Syrian Americans are well ensconced in the US middle class.

What irritates you has zero concern to me and is absolutely meaningless. Now fuck off and get a brain implant.

Irritates me… FMD. You’re not exactly setting the world on fire here, champ.

So you are willing to suffer a million of lazy f…ers and chancers because there maybe a good’un amongst them?

As though? As though it’s standard? It’s not standard to create a trillion dollar company, you moron. that’s the point. It’s the first time in human history that’s ever been achieved. Lets see you do it. Go!

37. MatrixTransform

as if this were the normal for the said race or creed.

she may be OCD about the virus
    she may (or may not) shit me to tears on any given day
    but with the camera she is like a god

Mark A
    #3424641, posted on April 23, 2020 at 12:14 am

Suffer? Syrian Americans are above the middle class income level. What’s lazy is your brain.

Syrian American (2016): $63,096[3]

39. max

Biden and Michelle would be devilish. A coalition of all the corrupt, festering special interests that drive Western politics today.

My oh my Oh my, the nasty streak comes out again.
    JC do you have any friends? I mean real ones?

Mark A
    #3424646, posted on April 23, 2020 at 12:18 am

My oh my Oh my, the nasty streak comes out again.
    JC do you have any friends? I mean real ones?

You big girl.

MarkA, my big failing is I’m very intolerant to imbeciles. You should be aware of this by now. Now bugger off, as you’re boring me.

42. MatrixTransform

What? we’re not talking about her pics?
    gawd!

JC
    #3424648, posted on April 23, 2020 at 12:20 am

I probably should take your only valuable advice you ever offered here and bugger off, but not being able to sleep lately, I think I stick around a while longer.

Abuse becomes you BTW. Somehow it suits you.

You should take my advice, MarkA. That would be the first decent idea you’ve posted here.

Displaying intolerance to imbecility is actually not abuse. It’s a form of showing empathy.

Like beating up a 5 foot weakling at Mel High?

Benny Cousins.
    Jeez.
    Good thing the AFL under Fat Andy Demetriou was just spiffy.
    Benny just got on the juice when he retired.
    Probably.

Like beating up a 5 foot weakling at Mel High?

I see you identify with the 5 foot weakling…in brain power. Good work as always.

48. No no Leigh Lowe. Benny learnt from the best. Chris Mainwaring. Heading that way.
    Archer on now, he takes the broad to Wales as a neutral place to talk about their relationship. After drugging her.

49. Arky

Come on you two.
    I like both you clods.
    You’re upsetting me.
    Acting like Johanna and Lizzie.
    Stop it.

Like everything else, you got that wrong.
    I loath the canute and stopped listening to him a long time ago.

You make some sense when it’s about money and shares and stuff.
    But go back and look at your own posts.
    I bet you 90% of them are about abusing cohenite or zulu or someone else, I almost agree with Johanna, that you have a problem and you should ring the hotline.

51. Zatara

As predicted, the oil price war is really screwing the countries whose entire GPD depends on oil production and sales.

Seems the Iranians are trying to stir up price by stirring up shite in the gulf…. again.

Let’s see how that works out for them.

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    I have instructed the United States Navy to shoot down and destroy any and all Iranian gunboats if they harass our ships at sea.

Acting like Johanna and Lizzie.

Who?

MarkA

I don’t care what you think. I’ve never cared because what you say is generally fucking worthless. As for loathing me.. big fucking deal. As if I care if you’re alive or dead after the next breath, dickhead.

You’re a fucking moron and laughably it’s beyond you to even see why.

Dickhead, there’s never been a person before Jobs who created a trillion dollar company. It was/is as rare as one person in all history to achieve this. In other words, we needed 100 billion people who have lived before Jobs in order to have created a Jobs and a trillion dollar market capitalization. It’s as rare as one and your comment in relation to that super is dumb and no amount of calling me a canute, you double canute, can change the facts. You’re a fucking moron. Live with it. Embrace it.

JC
    #3424664, posted on April 23, 2020 at 12:48 am
    Que?
    Are you drunk?
    You must lack basic comprehension.
    You make no sense at all.

Of course it doesn’t make sense to you, you worthless turd. It would be like me asking my dog if has change for 20 bucks.

Irritates me.

. FMD.

I’ve seen it all.

PS I was referring to JF not you, trying to help but it’s not easy with mental cases.

58. Infidel Tiger King

Tony Nash
    @TonyNashOnAsia
    Down pointing backhand index 205 million of newly unemployed in China (one estimate). If that’s true, deflation and manufacturing are not just minor risks for China – and Asia more broadly. Asian leaders need to more seriously evaluate the risks of economic paralysis.

This virus has destroyed the world in 6 weeks.

59. Arky

This is what pisses me off.
    I can pick stuff, but too bloody timid to go in far enough to make a decent quid:
    GOLD.NYS $2,903.08 +$574.70 (24.68%)
    24% of like $100 000 would be something.
    24% of $2500 doesn’t even pay for the radiatiator.
    Which hasn’t bloody come yet anyway.

60. Infidel Tiger King

Michael
    @lampidicsparrow
    “Sweden resisted a lockdown, and its capital Stockholm is expected to reach ‘herd immunity’ in weeks”

You’re just scum, MarkA. You were imposing your stupidity on the subject I brought up even though your comment was directed to Maxi. And you did that because you’re a gutless fucking squib.
    Fuck you’re dim bulb.

You blokes made up yet?

He’s

irritated.

Arky
    #3424671, posted on April 23, 2020 at 12:58 am

This is what pisses me off.

Arky I’m only interetsed in 3 EU currencies and every time I try to trade them I find that the fees eat up most of the profit. The fluctuation are huge from day to day and still there is little profit to be made

Arky
    #3424671, posted on April 23, 2020 at 12:58 am

This is what pisses me off.
    GOLD.NYS $2,903.08 +$574.70 (24.68%)

Online brokers have mini sized contracts in futures. It lets you trade a portion of that if you’re concerned about the size.

65. Arky

3 EU currencies and every time I try to trade them

I wouldn’t know how to do that.
    I like utilities.
    And gold in the first part of a recession, but not for much longer.
    If I’d had the courage of my convictions I could have made a bit.

JC let us go back to ignore each other OK?
    I’m not nasty enough to fight you on equal terms.

67. Arky

contracts in futures

How do they work?

And gold in the first part of a recession, but not for much longer.

Don’t you want to hold gold towards the end of a recession, when central banks are afraid of their own shadow and don’t dare tighten policy. Policy tightening is kryptonite for gold.

They work the same as all futures contracts. I’m pretty sure there is a mini contract in gold and online brokers carry it.

70. Arky

Don’t you want to hold gold towards the end of a recession,

To me, the pattern seems to be it goes up going into the recession, wobbles about a bit, then at some point, everything goes down including gold, then it goes up strongly coming back out the other side.
    but I have only looked at the last two recessions.

71. Arky

Not the metal so much, as the miners.

Not the metal so much, as the miners.

Okay

then it goes up strongly coming back out the other side.

Which is towards the beginning of the end of the recession when monetary policy is still weak…

Valerie Jarrett: ‘No chance’ Michelle Obama will be Biden’s VP…

You know, she’d know.

lol

De Blasio’s social distancing tip line flooded with penis photos, Hitler memes

Mayor Bill de Blasio’s critics let him know how they really felt about him ordering New Yorkers to snitch on each other for violating social-distancing rules — by flooding his new tip line with crank complaints including “dick pics” and people flipping the bird, The Post has learned.

Photos of extended middle fingers, the mayor dropping the Staten Island groundhog and news coverage of him going to the gym have all been texted to a special tip line that de Blasio announced Saturday, according to screenshots posted on Twitter.

‘…and a caller phoned in a tip that de Blasio was seen performing oral sex on someone “in an alleyway behind a 7-11” early Sunday’

76. BorisG

He might be a good fella if you got to know him, Boris.

Especially to those he murdered. Sure.

77. BorisG

Agree with every single word of this. Who in earth can have a luxury of a perfect ocean swim in the middle of the worldwide lockdown? I did it 3 times over the last two weeks. more than any other seasons (tennis is closed).

People are still complaining.

78. BorisG

Undoubtably. He even instigated an economic reform (clandestine). But his dad – too low bar.

79. BorisG

I put it to you that Boris is a crank.

I did. But I am not a moron to stick to a dogma. I changed my mind.

Btw my friend in Wuhan is doing great, and happy he did not take the repatriation flight to Xmas Island.

80. BorisG

In addition to the human experiment on its elderly people, Sweden is performing another experiment: trying to find out how many people need to die for a democratically elected government to fall. Currently around 200 people per million, far more than neigbours Norway, Denmark or Finland but far less than Spain Italy or the OK. However their daily death rate is now the highest in Europe (for the last day or two). Will see how that goes.

Sweden says their approach works because the people have high trust in the government and heed their advice without mandatory lockdowns. I think the results say the opposite.

81. RobK

News Flash:

IKEA Makes Public Its Swedish Meatballs Recipe For Customers On Lockdown

Companies are trying to keep their customers happy despite the fact that they can’t shop because of lockdown orders. To that end, IKEA has made public a recipe for their famous Swedish meatballs. It only has seven ingredients – ground beef, ground pork, onion, garlic, breadcrumbs, an egg and milk. Instructions for how to make the sauce are included. And this being IKEA, the recipe comes with step-by-step illustrated instructions.

That’ll put the wind up KFC, so to speak.

82. Mick of the Gold Coast:

“Obama star power could help Biden

Go, you good thing!

After eight years in the White House as vice-president, Mike Pence will be only 65 in 2024.
    Helluva CV!

84. struth

How much of a spark would be needed to start ww3 at this time?

85. struth

Seriously, who’s side would we be forced to be on?

86. rickw

China is using both intravenous vitamin C and hydroxy-chloroquine. Don’t expect an Australian doctor to relent, and help you with either of these, if you show up gasping for air. Your on your own and it doesn’t help if there are some among us trying to kill us by hosing down any treatment that actually works.

And it looks like border security has impounded my hydroxychloroqine import.

87. Struth

THIS ENDS DAWN ANZAC DAY 25 APRIL 2020
    Australians will be gathering at their local ANZAC memorials around the country for either a minute’s silence, or a dawn service, depending on the character of their local RSL.
    We will be there to remember and honour those who sacrificed, fought and died for our freedom.
    A freedom we now find many power drunk bureaucrats intent on curtailing.
    We are ANZACS, the descendants of ANZACS, and all of us, grateful citizens of the ANZACS.

We will not be stopped, and our freedom will not be taken from us.
    Lest we forget.
    This will also be happening in New Zealand.
    We will, as responsible adults, with our families, stand apart from others and take the necessary steps we chose, to minimise the risk of spreading any viruses, as we should.
    However, from that moment on we demand that all restrictions to our freedoms be lifted.
    Self isolation is not “self” isolation if it is forced.
    It is imprisonment.
    We will continue to practice common sense behaviours by choice, and not idiotic, liberty crushing decrees forced upon us by Government.
    We will accept advice from government regarding Corona Virus, that is all.
    We will be looking and recording with phones, to see which of our representatives believes in the freedom of their constituents and their country, and who stand in silence with us, or who are not present, and stand with those that have taken freedoms from us, some unconstitutionally.
    We note our governments deemed themselves fit to make millions of their own people unemployed and cause suffering to millions with crushing restrictions on freedoms, that were often poorly thought out knee jerk reactions and unnecessarily oppressive, and will indeed also cause death.
    Australians understand economic ruin causes death and misery also.
    We demand elections within six Months, but no sooner than three months , both State and Federal, to allow time for the people to investigate every potential and current representative’s ties with China and the corrupted UN, for the people of Australia have lost faith in the people representing them, lost faith that they respect our constitution and the Rule of Law, and forgotten that they are our representatives and not our rulers.

88. rickw

If people are going to get misty eyed over this, then they should get misty eyed over all of the people killed under similar circumstances by these morons love of traffic stops on busy roads and inconvenient locations.

89. bespoke

Reading the discussion up thread about what shares to buy. Because of the lockdown Netflix and other MSM Co’s look like the way to go but what irritates me immensely is they incentivised to continue the panic. So what do you do don’t invest?

90. Struth

Those same people who actually want death of humans, and see a bigger death toll as needed to ensure continued lockdown, and therefore the death of the west, and support all that is being done to ensure economic collapse and human misery, are leftists, and the very same hypocrites that, when you reject their evil, state “but won’t you think of the old people?”
    Pathetic, and pure evil.

91. Struth

Exactly bespoke.
    I wasn’t there so of course do not know, but my first take on the cop deaths would be considering where they pulled them over, still half hanging out of the road, bad weather, plain wrappers of dark colour at the rear.

Many a time, and getting worse each year, did I used to see cops pulling people over anywhere with no consideration to safety at all.
    It’s sort of an arrogance.
    Now I don’t know in this case, and may be dead wrong, but I would not be surprised.

92. Struth

The was rickw Struth

Oops.

Struth

#3424733, posted on April 23, 2020 at 5:57 am

THIS ENDS DAWN ANZAC DAY 25 APRIL 2020

What time is dawn on Anzac Day?

94. Isn’t Florida Republican, and isn’t the Catallaxy meme that only Democrats get the virus?

Of the new confirmed cases, 416 are Florida residents and 24 are non-residents who were diagnosed or isolated in the state. Of the total statewide cases, 27,543 are Florida residents and 766 are non-residents.

On Tuesday, Miami-Dade also became the first county in Florida to surpass 10,000 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and exceed 1,000 hospitalizations. Despite the daily reports of additional confirmed cases and deaths, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis announced Tuesday that the state’s coronavirus curve had flattened.

The governor is also expecting to receive a list of recommendations Friday from the Re-Open Florida Task Force, which had its first meeting Monday on how the state can re-open and have people slowly return back normal life.

But health experts are concerned the statewide total of confirmed cases is significantly undercounted because Florida reports only the number of Floridians waiting to hear test results from state labs, not private ones — and private labs are completing more than 90% of state tests.

The results of thousands of pending tests from private labs have taken as long as two weeks to be added to the state’s official count. The state’s website does not say its figures exclude the vast majority of pending tests for the novel coronavirus.

Health officials say the state has had a total of 4,288 hospitalizations relating to COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus.

95. MemoryFault

How much of a spark would be needed to start ww3 at this time?

Good morning Struth,
    Given how easily people have been led up the garden path on all this, including most Catallaxians, probably not much of a spark at all.

Consensus of opinion around here is that it is all China’s fault – nuke the bastards. Someone last night posted survey results from the USA showing much the same sentiment. Meanwhile, over in China the people are being told it is all the filthy Americans fault – them and their allies – like Australia. Europe and the Middle East are scrambling all over the place trying to decide on a side. It is all a real mess.

Fortunately we have organisations like WHO spread throughout it all, continuing their humanitarian work. So successful have been their efforts that politicians and community leaders here and elsewhere are calling on them to become an a sort of international monitoring and enforcement agency, to restore and ensure order and security.

Divide and conquer. Always worked. Always will.

96. rickw

Vicpol would go beserk over this, probably several would get run over attempting to issue tickets:

97. jupes

What time is dawn on Anzac Day?

Depends where you live.

98. Herodotus

News Briefs:
    In the Oz a photo of Richard Branson in typical pose!
    Conspiracy theory: was the pile-on against JA yesterday orchestrated? Did not have the usual complexion of comments there.

99. RobK

The report published by the Actuaries Institute argues the Australian government “went hard and late” in its response to the coronavirus outbreak, but avoided disaster with its subsequent social-isolation measures.
    The exit strategy
    The report argues governments should assume they will need to come out of lockdown long before a vaccine is available. In the case of Australia, governments must try to isolate “riskier lives” (and the people living with them), while allowing the “safer lives” to return to the economy.

The report proposes that Australia must:

Recognise there are no risk-free options, with a carefully balanced approach between expanding economic activity and preventing the virus spreading exponentially. The report argues “one-dimensional strategies” which target COVID-19 without also considering the economic implications “will kill more people from poverty and mental health issues than they save from the virus”.

RTWT well written and detailed.

From their ABC:-

Heroes?
    Really?

101. 132andBush

rickw
    #3424743, posted on April 23, 2020 at 6:28 am

How good is that!!?
    Must have a good CIH dealership in that town.
    Only in America.

Conspiracy theory: was the pile-on against JA yesterday orchestrated?

JA?

103. Struth

What is the Real Agenda?

Hi Struth

First off, thank you to the thousands of readers who provided some great feedback and suggestion on the future of this newsletter.

Some recurring themes were to have a Q&A component, the ability for readers to comment on posts and to make more regular content available in a variety of formats. It was also suggested that we make this a paid subscription newsletter to cover the operational costs.

Well I have some good news.

Firstly, the Weekly Dose of a Common Sense will always be a free email newsletter. Secondly, I am working on the other suggestions and a model that will make it viable to do so.

Stay tuned and thanks again for your input.

This week I have also been reading a lot about the WHO and the global reaction to Coronavirus. Once you peek behind the curtain it doesn’t make for a pretty picture. Shining light into the dark corners of the international bureaucracy is never for the faint of heart.

Incredibly, the UN Green Climate Fund is using the Coronavirus pandemic to push its extreme green ideology. Here’s what they wrote:

“While COVID–19 is causing untold suffering, the international response to this unprecedented health crisis in modern times offers an opportunity to direct finances towards bolstering climate action…. Similarly, we will step up our efforts to catalyse green investment to relaunch economies on low-emission, climate-resilient trajectories.”
    This only reaffirms my suspicions that the Greens political party are remaining so quiet: their anti-human agenda is being fulfilled by compliant governments across the world. Don’t say you weren’t warned.

I have previously pointed out that the WHO profited by cancelling $500 million in pandemic bonds due to the virus. However, even that amount is less to what they have received from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation in recent years.

That goes some way to explaining why the WHO seems to be encouraging continuing lockdowns until we are all ‘safe’ and warning ’the worst is yet to come’.

Such an approach is consistent with the Gates’ rhetoric of shutting down the world economy until a vaccine is found and we are all inoculated.

It also fits with his depopulate, anti carbon dioxide climate change crusade.

It’s worth noting that our own Prime Minister is reported to have met with the deca-billionaire Microsoft founder recently and I can only hope he resisted the Gates’ global agenda.

Connecting the dots, or in this case following the money, between the main players in this alarmism goes some way to understanding what is going on but it all comes back to a simple question. Why?

Why are we reacting to a flu like virus by shutting down the world economy.

Why do we care more about the deaths caused by this virus than we do the flu, HIV, tuberculosis, hunger, malaria, heart disease, cancer, motor vehicle accidents, suicides, or any number of other preventable deaths,

It makes no sense until you test the theory it is being used as part of a much broader agenda.

Is it merely coincidence that many of the authorities on Coronavirus are linked to the totalitarian climate movement that has tried so hard for so long to remove our freedom and make global government by elites the centre of society.

Why are WHO encouraging further lockdowns when the scientific evidence suggests the virus itself has a natural lifespan and infection peaks after about six weeks.

There are so many more questions that I fear we will never get a clear answer to.

For over a decade this letter has been warning that the totalitarians will embrace any eventuality that help’s justify why they should have more power and you should have less liberty.

Most recently it was saving the planet from humanity. Now it is about saving humanity from nature while destroying the economy…which will naturally save the planet by eliminating that pesky man-made carbon dioxide and the fossil fuel industries.

Isn’t it time We all started asking ourselves why we should listen to them now?

Until next week

Copyright © 2020 CoryBernardi.com, All rights reserved.
    You are receiving this email because you subscribed at CoryBernardi.com

Our mailing address is:
    CoryBernardi.com
    PO Box 202
    Walkerville, SA 5081
    Australia

Add us to your address book

Want to change how you receive these emails?
    You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Cory’s take on it for what it is worth.

Cory’s take on it for what it is worth.

Who is Cory?

105. Struth

Who is Cory?

Well, in a way, exactly.

106. Struth

Now off to work for the bloody inlaws.

uurrrgggghhhh

107. Mick Gold Coast QLD

From the ABC news site:

“Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews hailed the four officers as “heroes”, in a statement … “But one thing is already clear: Though we may not yet know their names — we will always call them heroes.” “

Heroes? Like Albert Jacka, Roden Cutler, Dasher Wheatley and Mark Donaldson?

In the light of logical observations by rickw and Struth just up the page this from Comrade Premier Andrews is nonsense on stilts, presumably crafted by an expert departmental publicist pursuing political profit in some context or other.

Should the State rise as one at 5:40pm tonight to commemorate four policemen blithely placing themselves and their several vehicles in a position to be cleaned up by a passing truck – on a freeway at dusk for Pete’s sake?!

I wonder will the Victorian public service Department of Police Wages and Desultory Paperwork Processing strike a new courageous courage medal celebrating “Reckless self endangerment”?

108. mh

HOW PREMIER CONTROLS FATE OF QLD’S THREE NRL TEAMS
    The future of Queensland’s three NRL teams hangs in the balance as the May 28 re-launch date is locked in, with Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk solely responsible for determining what, if any, role they will be able to play in the revised competition.

109. Herodotus

Janet Albrechtsen, who dared to say she was not a fan of Scomo’s app.

110. Fred

Greater love hath no man than this, to lay down his life to raise revenue.

*Fred actually drove past this incident 20 mins beforehand. What did he see? An black Porsche pulled over by a white unmarked police SUV. A man sitting on a guard rail on the side of the freeway, the tax collector in uniform with his ticket book out meeting his daily quota.

I wonder will the Victorian public service Department of Police Wages and Desultory Paperwork Processing strike a new courageous courage medal celebrating “Reckless self endangerment”?

The tomb of the unknown ticket-writer?

112. Caveman

If the NRL get the get go on May 28, then it will be official NSW is the home of Rugby League , QLD is just a pretender….oops , that might get their backs to the wall.

113. Zatara

Researchers Predict Potential Spread and Seasonality for COVID-19 Based on Climate Where Virus Appears to Thrive

The University of Maryland mapped severe COVID-19 outbreaks with local weather patterns around the world, from the US to China. They found that the virus thrives in a certain temperature and humidity channel. “The researchers found that all cities experiencing significant outbreaks of COVID-19 have very similar winter climates with an average temperature of 41 to 52 degrees Fahrenheit, an average humidity level of 47% to 79% with a narrow east-west distribution along the same 30–50 N” latitude”, said the University of Maryland.

Seems it can’t take the heat.

114. Mater

One of these is not like the others.
    Let’s keep the Pom-poms under control until the others are successfully out of lockdown and the dust has settled.
    Sweden is moving on with life, the others are in a holding pattern, staring at their navels and wondering WTF to do next.

115. Knuckle Dragger

‘“Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews hailed the four officers as “heroes”, in a statement … “But one thing is already clear: Though we may not yet know their names — we will always call them heroes.” ‘

To state the bleeding obvious, and as mentioned by others earlier today – this is complete horseshit.

Not for pulling a car over, they’re not. If they ran into a burning building to save a disabled child and the roof fell in – sure. Engaging in a gunfight with a terrorist in a shopping centre AND then tackling him, hurling them both down an empty lift shaft so that when the suicide vest went boom it was contained – no probs.

But not this. It would appear to be a bit clearer this morning that the truckie had a heartie or a stroke or something, and nobody on this forum knows for sure yet, and where they were parked up had zero problems – none – with visibility or similar.

From the circumstances, and unless they were specifically targeted, the cops may as well have been road construction workers.

And as much as I empathise with the coppers’ families and so on, this was not heroism. It was traffic cops doing what traffic cops do, which is reeling in cars.

116. Struth:

How much of a spark would be needed to start ww3 at this time?

Not much.
    Probably start with Iranian/Nork provocation/attacks.

Seriously, who’s side would we be forced to be on?

Our ruling classes will try to sit on the fence – I can see Morrison/Johnson/Horseface playing the Peacemaker Card, and sabotaging the US efforts just for the cocktail circuit.
    China is – IMHO – quite unstable domestically and 11 will want troubled borders to get the peasants behind him.

Knuckle Dragger

#3424766, posted on April 23, 2020 at 7:14 am

Who writes his flowery PR messages?
    Barbara Cartland?

118. mh

Mater, I expect Sweden’s first priority was keeping its borders open to allow the silent invasion from third worlders to continue.

Here’s Midweek In Pictures: Virus Crisis Volume 6. The Bee gets a worthy place of honour.

120. ryki

New York is the only place seeing total all cause excess deaths. Clearly the mayor and governor there are deliberately murdering their population. Usually Democrats only murder babies but now they’re clearly going after the elderly as well. Newsom in California must be wondering what he’s doing wrong.

Florida is just fine though.

121. Mater

Well, what ever the case may be, Sweden is at a different point in the journey and comparisons are largely pointless.

122. Knuckle Dragger

Naturally, and like most fair-thinking Australians – although I would certainly not advocate violence* – I would be pleased to see Dan Andrews and his entire government tortured in the street and then burned.

The police funerals will be an interesting one. Vicco coppers have traditionally, and much more so than other States put a lot of pomp and fanfare into these things. And lots of people close together.

Andrews now has a choice, if he didn’t already have one for Anzac Day:
    1. He can magically proclaim that everything’s now okey dokey and that all funerals are now exempt. This will of course reinforce the existing view that it was bullshit to begin with;
    2. He can say the funeral ban stays in place, and I am deadly serious when I say this risks an across-the-board mutiny from the actual cops who wouldn’t have minded going, taking into account point (1).
    3. He can grant exemptions for them, which is possibly the worst choice of the lot. This will very publicly underline the ‘one for thee not for me’ that’s been going on with doctors and pollies since this shitfight began, and paint the cops and one of the ‘elite’ groups if they haven’t been already.

123. Knuckle Dragger

* h/t cohenite.

Every goddamn time.

124. The NRA is going broke.
    Couldn’t have happened to a nicer bunch of fuckwits.

The National Rifle Association’s legal troubles have cost the powerful gun rights group $100 million, according to a recording of the group’s board meeting obtained by NPR.

In the January 2020 recording, NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre criticizes ongoing investigations by the New York and Washington, D.C., attorneys general, bemoaning “the power of weaponized government.” And he told the NRA’s board of directors, assembled for the group’s winter meeting in January, that the organization has had to make $80 million in cuts to stay afloat.

The NRA’s internal turmoil burst into the open at the April 2019 annual members’ meeting, when then-President Oliver North stepped down from the organization in protest after allegations of self-dealing and poor management of NRA funds were revealed in media reports.

125. Zatara

Add to that the fact that at the moment it is full of old retirees who ‘escaped’ from the virus in NY and NJ.

126. Knuckle Dragger

I can sort of get this as a hand-patting gesture to the cops’ families, but it’s really unhelpful in the wider view of things.

It’s like painting GP receptionists – ‘medical health professionals’ as being ‘on the frontline’ against C19.

127. Florida has basically the same population as Australia and a very old demographic. You’d expect something like 5-600 deaths per day normally.

If so, you’d expect Australia to have the same infection and death rate.
    Deaths per 1 million – Florida – 43; Australia – 3.
    Not happening…….

128. Twostix

This guy.

Grew up in Soviet Russia (uncle was a “prominent bolshevik”), lived in Israel, then moved to Australia where he made friends with people in Wuhan China and spends his time inviting them into the PHD program here that we let him run, he lets them in even if they come from “low ranking universities”.

Anything else Boris?

You seem to really baffled and irritated at how european democracies operate.

129. min

One of the most frightening phrases you can hear is “As a medical professional …”.
    You know you are in for a ten minute know-it-all lecture.
    Little known fact:-
    93.1% of “medical professionals” are also “Karens”.

131. Knuckle Dragger

‘I have stated before that the Coronavirus is bad but in no way justifies the extreme action taken under the advice of those global bureaucracies. After all, these same agencies have been flying the alarmist flag for decades now.

‘Their singular success is that they and their shills have been wrong every single time.
    Isn’t it time We all started asking ourselves why we should listen to them now?’

Well geez Mr Bernardi. They’re some strong words. For you, anyway. I guess when it mattered you were too busy wearing non-threatening suit jacket colours and being nice with a carefully modulated monotone.

Had your chance son. There’s no point yowling from the cheap seats now.

132. ryki

“As of April 14, 2020, CDC case counts and death counts include both confirmed and probable cases and deaths…A confirmed case or death is defined by meeting confirmatory laboratory evidence for COVID-19. A probable case or death is defined by i) meeting clinical criteria AND epidemiologic evidence with no confirmatory laboratory testing performed for COVID-19; or ii) meeting presumptive laboratory evidence AND either clinical criteria OR epidemiologic evidence; or iii) meeting vital records criteria with no confirmatory laboratory testing performed for COVID19.”

So basically, anybody who sneezes (or even if you don’t) can be diagnosed with COVID.

Most of you are aware that they blame COVID for people’s death if they test positive even if it is clear that something else was the cause.

Well now they can declare people have COVID even if they never test positive!

133. Message on the DVA website –

Due to the global outbreak of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), the Australian Government has cancelled overseas Anzac Day ceremonies for 2020 on the Gallipoli peninsula in Turkey, near Villers-Bretonneux in France, including the Australian service at the ‘Digger’ Memorial, Bullecourt, Hellfire Pass in Thailand, Sandakan in Malaysia and Isurava in Papua New Guinea.

Australians are encouraged to privately commemorate Anzac Day, in-line with the latest health advice, and to watch the service at the Australian War Memorial. While the Service is not open to public attendance, the Service will be nationally broadcast, to enable the public to watch from their own homes. There will also be a range of other commemorative activities that will be broadcast throughout the day. The Department is working with state and territory governments as they finalise their Anzac Day plans and will update this page when these details are confirmed.

134. johanna

MemoryFault
    #3424742, posted on April 23, 2020 at 6:18 am

How much of a spark would be needed to start ww3 at this time?

Good morning Struth,

You and Struth have been fanatsising about armed uprisings of the local citizenry and imminent wars for as long as I have been here. What gives? It seems to live large and constantly in your wish fulfilment fantasies.

Luckily, you have both been disappointed so far. As far as armed uprisings in Australia are concerned, I rather think that your disappointment will endure for a very long time, well past your respective demises. As for the other, I just hope that you are wrong, and unlike you, do not keep hoping that you are right.

It would be funny if it wasn’t so downright creepy.

Actually, I think the precise phrase is “as a healthcare professional”

136. custard

Cat’s wanting to draw on their super under the temporary access measures should know that the process is relatively easy.
    I registered for the scheme a couple of weeks ago with Monday being the first opportunity to actually go ahead with the withdrawal.
    The money was in my account yesterday.

137. Mater

The NRA is going broke.
    Couldn’t have happened to a nicer bunch of fuckwits.

I think you’re grabbing the wrong end of the stick on this one, Bob.

If there is any good that has come from this lockdown, it’s been to show the masses the incredible power that a government can unleash upon its populace, with the mere stroke of a pen. The ignorant masses once scoffed at the concept of a hostile government, because they’ve been bought up in decadent times and have never been exposed. No longer the case. The nearest some may have come was having their house appropriated, for ‘the public good’.

We may come out of it with our liberties relatively unscathed, but, like people who survive a near drowning, awareness, suspicions and fear will remain heightened. It was like a firepower demonstration for the uninitiated.

The NRA (or similar) are only going to come out of this stronger.

Perhaps it would be easier to comprehend if it was written this way:

– Florida has basically the same population as Australia

– Florida has a very old demographic, with an expectation of 5-600 deaths daily.

The population is the same but the age demographic isn’t.

Do you need to meet some hardship criteria?

140. Mick Gold Coast QLD

From min at 7:37 am:

“The heroine of the horrendous accident last night was the young doctor coming home from work who was first on scene .”

How, on what basis, is the young doctor a heroine? For being young? For being first? For sighting blood and torn flesh? If she is a doctor, completed training and so qualified, she was thrust unexpectedly into doing what she is professionally qualified to do. If she did that competently then good on her – a “competent professional” is rather more accurate than “heroine”.

141. Mother Lode

I just realised that if Labour Day falls on a weekend then the following Monday is a public holiday.

Unlike Anzac Day.

Celebrating the unions apparently is more important than celebrating our war dead and those who returned.

Hmmm…facing an enemy hellbent on killing you for your country, or going on strike to get yourself more money? Which is more worthy of admiration?

142. It would be funny if it wasn’t so downright creepy.

No – it really is funny.
    There are more clowns posting here than you’d see on a good day at Wirth’s.

143. Knuckle Dragger

The more I watch Andrew Clennell on Sky, the more convinced I am that he’s retarded and that he’s on TV as some form of long-running inside joke amongst industry execs.

144. ryki

If so, you’d expect Australia to have the same infection and death rate.
    Deaths per 1 million

I would. And the infection and death rate of this virus of both places is exactly the same. Zero.

But what matters to the stats is what the tests say. Or more specifically, how they are used and interpreted.

As the PCR tests are non-binary they are completely up to the discretion of the pathologists as to how to interpret them. I am very sure you have no idea how PCR works but if you do enough iterations of the test then literally everybody will “test positive”.

In both the US and Australia, the ratio of positive/negative cases did not actually increase before the lockdowns. So the disease never actually spread. Interestingly, this ratio actually increased in the US *after* the lockdowns started. This could be interpreted as proving that lockdowns cause the virus to spread but a more reasonable conclusion is that you get a self-reinforcing loop with pathologists. As they perceive the cases in society to rise they start lowering their criteria as to what constitutes a positive case so the ratio of positive/negative cases rises.

Note that in Italy and South Korea, this critical ratio never had an increasing trend – even when the infection rate was supposedly skyrocketing.

145. Knuckle Dragger

MGCQ:

‘How, on what basis, is the young doctor a heroine? For being young? For being first? For sighting blood and torn flesh? If she is a doctor, completed training and so qualified, she was thrust unexpectedly into doing what she is professionally qualified to do.’

Exactly my point from earlier. The cops are (in this instance) in no way heroes, and neither is the doctor – regardless of the age/experience of any of them.

It’s like a builder being proclaimed a hero for building a house.

Look, I don’t mean to be horrid.
    Just an observation from a disinterested observer.
    Some of the rants sound a tiny bit like the bloke in a group who spends most of Saturday night trying to whip his mates up to get into a blue.
    But, when the blue starts, he is always in the dunny.

147. custard

Do you need to meet some hardship criteria?

Yes, in my case my working hours had been reduced by 20% so I qualify. However I will most certainly see a dip in earnings as I draw down my remaining unpaid commissions and have only job-keeper to keep me going unless I actually sell something.

Problem is, no one wants to buy a caravan. At least in the short term.

Knuckle Dragger

#3424796, posted on April 23, 2020 at 7:51 am

Always looks like he is about to burst into tears.

149. Ah yes the unions who refused to load the ships heading to supply our diggers in WWII because Papa Stalin was at the time allied to Uncle Adolf.

So we’re not having ANZAC Day but we are celebrating our Nazi and Bolshevik aligned union movement.

A movement indeed.

150. custard

*not* in the short term

151. I don’t fantasise about armed uprisings.

I dream of the entire establishment growing a conscience and realising that by and large they are worthless human beings who behave only ever taken from society.

What they do from that existential problem is between them and their god or gods.

They are different only from Sir Richard Rich of Leez in that he had a better work ethic than they.

152. Mick Gold Coast QLD

From Legalise Sedition at 8:03 am:

Try talking sense so that I can decide if your ungarbled opinion is worth my time.

153. How much of a spark would be needed to start ww3 at this time?

It has already started.

154. Crossie

Knuckle Dragger
    #3424796, posted on April 23, 2020 at 7:51 am

He is auditioning for an ABC job. Just like David Speers and Patricia Karvelas that have been snapped up by the ABC recently.

155. Mater

I believe the defining factors in hero status is ‘the conscious choice’ and ‘risk’. You can choose to go forward and risk your life (or limbs or property), or do nothing/withdraw with relative safety. Heroes go forward in such situations, others do the latter.

If you don’t have the choice, or there is no associated risk, then hero status isn’t appropriate.

Hell, even cornered rats fight back. Not because they’re heroes, mainly because they have no choice and are not complete devoid of self-preservation instincts.

156. Knuckle Dragger

Hahahaa.

And then, if no punch on ensues calls everyone else weak as piss.

‘I woulda smashed all of them at once, but I did me hammy at training last week. Weak xunts.’

157. Crenshaw is establishment to this bone marrow.

Also, Cory…you guys keep on going back.

He’s just your typical LNP user of loyal subjects. What a prick.

If it hadn’t dawned on you that he deliberately set up a fake party to destroy a nascent right wing competing with the LNP for votes, I can’t help you.

He did that all with Trumble’s knowledge and approval.

Dash-cam footage on the TV of black Porsche (looks like the one) travelling at warp factor nine on the Eastern.
    Except it is not from yesterday. It is from last month:-

The man lamented on Facebook: “I reported this vehicle to the police a few weeks ago and gave them a copy of my dash cam video footage, but unfortunately it appears that this driver continued to drive on our roads.’’

I wonder if the coppers taking statements from chancer retired altar boys had maybe been re-directed to tracking this dickhead down …

159. Cardimona

Don’t forget The Donald Show – https://www.whitehouse.gov/live/

Starting any moment now…

160. Knuckle Dragger

The Ruby Princess leaves Port Kembla today for the Philippines.

Presumably the Philippine Navy has working torpedoes, or at worst some coastal artillery.

Seriously, who under any circumstances would set foot on one of these things again*, let alone the Princess? You can’t rename it and pretend it’s something else. Just fucking sink it (somewhere else) and let is be used as an artificial reef. For pufferfish.

*Sorry calli.

161. Herodotus

The Donald!
    Oil price getting silly?
    Hang on a moment. Watch this. Hey, Iran – you’re cruising for a bruising.
    There. Fixed that for you.

162. Mick I think it is time you started to appreciate the classics.

A Man for all Seasons, 1966.

Four police officers killed in Eastern Freeway crash hailed by Premier as ‘heroes’.

Very tragic occurence but in what sense were they “heroes?

I had occasion to make a similar observation last year: why do police think they have magical powers to walk around in the middle of the road at night and not get run over?

And why did two police officers require assistance to impound a car? Were they intending to lift it on to the truck or something?

Meanwhile, Ashton talks about an investigation that has apparently already been rigged:

Chief Commissioner Ashton said the truck driver, who is believed to work for a poultry business in Melbourne, had some sort of medical episode, but it is not clear if that happened before or after the crash…

The Homicide Squad will lead the investigation, assisted by the Major Collision Investigation Unit and Professional Standards Command.

The coroner was also at the scene.

“In these type of events we have to do an investigation as to criminality … those officers concerned have been the victims of a crime, so the Homicide Squad will have primacy of that,” Chief Commissioner Ashton said.

There is no evidence they were victims of a crime.

No need to apologise, Knuckles.

The crew would be mostly Filipinos being repatriated, poor buggers. What a nightmare for them.

165. Knuckle Dragger

Aha. Near enough.

Porsche guy pulled over. Tested positive for amphet. Car to be impounded, so original cops whistle up traffic cops with (duh) expertise in impounding cars.

As soon as they got out and walked up to the first two, bang. Truckie has a medical episode after the event. Porsche driver took photos before he fucked off and put them on Faceache. Has undertaken to hand himself in today.

Interestingly, the jacks kicked in the truckie’s home door as well. And found stuff they aren’t disclosing.

166. Mick Gold Coast QLD

From Cardimona at 8:11 am:

“Don’t forget The Donald Show – https://www.whitehouse.gov/live/

Starting any moment now…”

I watch it every day for information and for the blood sport …

Square
    Point
    Off drive
    On drive
    Forward square
    Backward point

… it’s like watching Ricky Ponting at his best.

167. Having an epileptic fit is a crime in Victoria?

Well, eating a pizza or laying down on an open beach is in NSW.

Knuckle Dragger

#3424810, posted on April 23, 2020 at 8:08 am

Hahahaa.

And then, if no punch on ensues calls everyone else weak as piss.

One particular bloke in my circle when I was a young bloke was straight out of that mould.
    Top class urger.
    “C’mon fellahs. If it starts, one in-all in!”
    One night I got decked from behind in a random.
    On all fours the next thing I see is a fleeting glimpse of “mates” size 7 desert boot beside my hand as it lightly touched down and he accelerated away.
    Gave him the “WTF?” later.
    Apparently he “chased the bloke but didn’t catch him”.
    Yeah, nah.
    It was a one horse race.
    But you never forget stuff like that.

169. notafan

No there was no meme numbers.

There was a point made, in response to a suggestion long ago by BorisG that flyover country would also be hit hard that people in those states were not living cheek by jowl like new Yorkers. Also that that sprawl which might be linked to a certain independence of spirit would make it less likely the virus would spread.

170. notafan

Not were the sanctuary cities and thousands of homeless encouraged to live in fetid conditions using the street as a toilet.

171. Knuckle Dragger

‘There is no evidence they were victims of a crime.’

Not that they’re releasing C.L. Nor would they at this point.

But in general terms, the cops don’t execute search warrants at the homes of people involved in car accidents. There is a Coronial Authority with operates the same way as a warrant. It’s easier to get and has the same weight behind it, but you need to convince the Coroner than it’s necessary.

Either way, a magistrate or the Coroner thought it was a good idea.

172. Boambee John

JC

Has the reduction in passenger air travel had any significant effect on your Sydney Airport shares? Or has increased freight movement taken up the slack?

173. 1735099

There is no evidence they were victims of a crime.

So you’re totally across all the details of an ongoing investigation.
    The response to this tragedy on this site is sickening.
    Some very sick people post here.

174. Was it Wallington or a real magistrate?

175. Knuckle Dragger

‘of “mates” size 7 desert boot’

Serves you right for having mates with tiny feet. Should have been a red flag right there.

176. *Very sick people don’t like being treated like mushrooms and they should take Dan Andrews word for everything”.

This is exactly why you think we were on the wrong side in Vietnam.

177. Farmer Gez

Australian cases yesterday 4
    New Zealand 6

Adern’s hard line stage four restrictions show no benefit at all. Many Kiwis should be asking questions as they look at the results.
    In the bush people are starting to get about again. Businesses that shut because of isolation and poor trade have got the doors open again.
    The old folks have been a curse as they went down the street to shop for bugger all pretty much as they did before. The supermarket staff don’t know whether to laugh or cry as the old ducks wander the aisles.
    Country cops are not going crazy and only focussing on the travellers on major highways that don’t look right

178. Knuckle Dragger

‘So you’re totally across all the details of an ongoing investigation.’

Ring your brother up, Liability Bob. The GP one, and get him to ring Norman Swan to see what he makes of all this.

He knows stuff.

179. Knuckle Dragger

‘There is a Coronial Authority’

I should add that if there’s any evidence at all of foul play then a search warrant would have to be the go, rather than a Coronial Authority.

Either way, it’s not the usual state of affairs.

180. I have noted that there are sections of Dannograd’s freeways that are an all out shit fight, other sections of the same freeway being quite peaceable.
    I have attributed this to the profile of the drivers entering the road from the suburb that the freeway passes through.
    On the eastern freeway, Doncaster rd to chandler highway – bad. Lotsa crazies.
    Western ring road – it is all madness.
    Other freeways, have their sections where the crazies emerge.
    50 tonne vehicles tailgating miniature pedal cars. Sports cars playing their version of chicken with 50 tonne vehicles. And I always marvel at the 130kph B-doubles 3 abreast on the ring road.

The coroner was also at the scene.

Who is the Vicco coroner?
    Hardly anyone knows, right?
    There was a spotlight hungry coroner back in the 80’s and 90’s called Hal Hallenstein.
    Every house fire, car crash, shooting there would be footage of Hal ducking under the police tape or giving a presser.
    The reporter would say “State Coroner Hal Hallenstein arrived at the scene a short time ago”.
    Self-made celebrity ghoul.
    He would even turn up at “interesting events” where no death had occured.

Knuckle Dragger

#3424832, posted on April 23, 2020 at 8:26 am

‘of “mates” size 7 desert boot’

It was a “teaching moment” for me.

Either way, a magistrate or the Coroner thought it was a good idea.

First, LOL at the idea a magistrate would turn down such a request after four cops just got killed. Police hate truck drivers and would have ordered the search looking for classic truckie drugs

Second, search warrant or no, Ashton is not free to pronounce they were “victims” of a “crime.” We’ve seen this fat, dishonest clown do that before.

184. dopey

Custard…you could switch to selling tents, demand will be strong soon I’d say.

185. We need to take the piss out of people like Hallenstein.

He needs an AM if he has not gotten one already or he hasn’t popped his clogs.

186. dover_beach

They will be using this to deflect from Lawyer X and Pell affairs.

187. 1735099

He knows stuff.

There’s only one clown posting here who thinks he knows everything.
    Got a mirror?

188. *What did that guy do to receive his AM?*

“He sought *celebrity*…”

On the eastern freeway, Doncaster rd to chandler highway – bad. Lotsa crazies.
    Western ring road – it is all madness.

Used to try to avoid the Ring Rd/Ballarat freeway at tradie knock-off time.
    The exits to Melton were classic dodgems.
    Always watch the right mirror.
    The black utes would roar up the right lane then cut straight across to the exit from there.

190. Nick

In a world where those undergoing gender reassignment are deemed as being heroes, the term is still being misused. Tragic, certainly .

191. MemoryFault

Good morning Johanna,

I don’t “fantasise” about such a possibility, I fear it, and I have spent a significant amount of time and energy here and elsewhere over the past few weeks trying to avoid such a possibility. Why? Because it is a no-win situation for us. It would be a slaughter despite the gung ho attitude of Struth and many others here. Nonetheless, I have always accepted the possibility that it may come to that.

I am no longer particularly worried about that. I am now pretty sure that the average Australian, as represented on this blog, is too stupid and gullible and naive to ever wake up to what is happening in plain sight, right before their eyes, until it is way too late to do anything about it.

Pretty much all the pieces are in place, including the monitoring of citizens via their phones. A week ago the novel “new” idea of using superannuation funds to finance our “recovery” was first floated and will be well underway by Christmas, enthusiastically welcomed by a population that will never wake up to the fact that they are being fleeced of three trillion dollars. Catallaxians won’t notice – they will be too busy congratulating themselves that they were too clever to download n app that would allow their mobile phones to do what mobile phones have been doing for twenty years.

All that is left to do now is introduce the financial straitjacket of the Cash Restrictions Bill, to control and regulate the flow of money, to ensure the ongoing profits of the banks. Couldn’t have them missing out on the spoils, could we?

Meanwhile everybody can work off their frustrations shaking their fists angrily at the Big, Bad China Bogeyman, while the Chinese can work off theirs shaking their fists back at us. Those nice people from WHO will circulate amongst the crowds on both sides, handing out cheese and biccies.

Me? I might go do a spot of fishing.

192. Just like how Corona Chan was used to deflect from how LA and Seattle have seen the re-emergence of The. Fuckin’. Bubonic. Plague.

Not a big deal apparently!

193. Mater

With the obligatory CFMEU stickers on both rear bumper and windows?

194. Morsie

The coroner is of course John Cain formerly the OPP head.

195. Gab

Ashton will be milking the deaths of those four officers for all he can. Hideous man.

196. Johanna might be a dayglo nibba.

AFP open up.

Fishing for seditious urging comments.

The hide of some people!

197. Rossini

Dan the man wants to borrow an extra 24+ billion dollars for Victoristan.
    How in the hell will the red state ever be able to repay this money
    Not his problem I guess
    The pussy Liberals don’t have a Kennet any where on its membership

“In these type of events we have to do an investigation as to criminality … those officers concerned have been the victims of a crime, so the Homicide Squad will have primacy of that,” Chief Commissioner Ashton said.

As I said last night, homicide investigating a prang seems unusual.
    Fatty needs to play this very carefully.
    Being seen to place a higher value on Plod lives will not be a good look.
    But, hey, just add it to the pile.

Morsie

#3424853, posted on April 23, 2020 at 8:41 am

The coroner is of course John Cain formerly the OPP head.

Five witnesses have already come forward identifying Pell as the Porsche driver.

200. min

Mater yes doing her job that she had trained for exactly as the police officers were doing.

With the obligatory CFMEU stickers on both rear bumper and windows?

Yep.
    That’s the ones.
    Why anyone would be rushing to get to Melton is a mystery.

202. There is still a fair bit of simmering anger over the Bourke St fuck up where Plod escorted Garglarse to the scene of the crime.

Indeed. Did the perp get around to paying the fine for “failing to indicate”?

203. Nick

Has twitter demanded we ban roads yet ?

204. Geriatric Mayfly

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump

Blast ’em away and let the wailing begin. The talking heads already preparing their scripts and waiting for the speed dial call from an acquiescent producer.

205. dover_beach

ABC asking us to thank a copper if we see them today. Spokesman from Police Association was saying that what they were doing was routine, happens 10-20 times each shift everyday, but, they are heroes because they were killed yesterday in an accident? People are occasionally killed in workplace accidents, like construction workers, but we don’t lionize them as heroes. Oh, they may retort: they died in the line of duty! And the construction worker wasn’t? A lot of smoke blowing going on this morning.

206. Has twitter demanded we ban roads yet ?

You slept in?

207. Nick

He used wine in the fuel tank and abused the choir in the back seat. One guy said so. The only or their person who saw it denied it happening and has since died.

208. Farmer Gez

Terrible news about the police being killed. I lost a mate in the Force who was T boned at an intersection by an idiot who ran the lights. A brilliant bloke lost in a second.
    It’s a hell of a dangerous job on the freeways in cities.
    The truckie was the cause of their deaths that’s for sure but how he got to be in that position is not clear just yet.
    What’s happening in your lane or the lane to your right has a big bearing on split second decisions that can have horrible consequences.
    Other drivers can cause carnage behind them and drive on as if nothing happened.
    As rightly said, the coroner will get to the reasons and culpabilities.

209. Cassie of Sydney

That sentence encapsulates everything that it wrong with the Turd’s little brain.

210. It’s like a builder being proclaimed a hero for building a house.

Yep. A hero, or heroine would be someone pulling people out of a burning building who was unqualified in firefighting and had no personal protective equipment.

211. Geriatric Mayfly

Why anyone would be rushing to get to Melton is a mystery.

Quite a few never made it. This stretch used to resemble a makeshift cemetery. Crosses, teddy bears, windmills, plastic flowers and other tacky tributes dotted the verge, in memory of the fallen.

212. A hero is someone working in an empty hospital or in a supermarket with less customers and shorter hours.

213. “Isn’t Florida Republican, and isn’t the Catallaxy meme that only Democrats get the virus?”

Indeed, Cassie. It’s actually the left who think the virus can distinguish between people conducting essential and non-essential business, and act appropriately.

Give that guy a rake!