Women in leadership

NSW Premier asks for federal intervention after 13th Newmarch aged care resident dies.

This entry was posted in COVID-19. Bookmark the permalink.

502 Responses to Women in leadership

Old Blair was ruled by Andrea.

With the power of smoting, ~1942.

From Mitch M. at 7:30 pm:

” … Nah the mercilessly insult habit has always been high here. Lizzie’s egocentrism often annoyed me so I used the scroll wheel but many continually insult her.”

Mitch M.

#3437862, posted on May 1, 2020 at 8:11 pm

Rubbish, as usual you have your head up your arse which is why you are another scroll by. You are just another brainless idiot on the Gold Coast, the place if full of them so at least you’ll be with intellectual equals.

Uh-huh.

3. areff

The red Italian seafood sauce (homemade), you foul-minded smegma dribbler

Did that happen?
    Unless you are the life insurance company, perhaps don’t go there.

Of course it happened, because Hammy’s sister was Hammy pretending it was his sister to announce his death. And I didn’t just ask for a death certificate. I wanted to see a certified scanned copy.

It was bullishit.

5. feelthebern

You are just another brainless idiot on the Gold Coast,

Fact check please.

The fight has proceeded from the pub to the carpark.

I blame Lockdown.

7. feelthebern

It was like Ferris Buellers Day Off.
    I want you to wheel her big old pile of bones down here.

Tailgunner

#3437866, posted on May 1, 2020 at 8:12 pm

Hammy was just before my time.
    His sister did a guest post, yeah?

Not sure how we came to find out of Hammy departing.

I decided it might be suss, but Hammy was an impenetrable contrarian who wouldn’t feign his own blog death to escape an awkward spot.

Hammy even entered Interruption Lotto on a Q&A thread.

10. Rex Mango

Talking of women in Leadership, ABC RN has this show on right now with Larissa Behrendt. Just one long indig/minority whingefest. Nothing they can’t find to complain about.

11. Arky

Not sure how we came to find out of Hammy departing.

It was:
    “I don’t know if this is the right place, but my brother Philbert Hamilton mentioned on his deathbed a blog called cat something or other and he wanted me to tell you he had been pulling your dingus all these year”.

Hammy’s logo was an image of James Scullin – the most ineffectual Prime Minister this country has ever had.

13. Nick

(homemade),

I think that’s what he meant

14. Maj

BG….I think that the open Fred has been smoted.

Can’t people access it?
    Platinum subscribers still have access.

I tried, using my Platinum Velocity card; but it turned out to be worthless.

15. areff

I blame Lockdown.

I slowed down to make a left turn turn today when the car behind me blasted me with 30-seconds of non-stop horn. Caught a glimpse of the driver, expecting it to be some simian example of Westie woggery.

Old guy, in his seventies at least.

Yesterday, told the checkout chick that the rules stopping her packing my grocery bag were stupid.

Snapped she: “Well I don’t make em. Don’t blame me.”

Yes, indeed, Calli. Tempers are fraying all over.

Are you Richard Branson?
    Airlines used to offer cheap fares on compassionate grounds if you were flying interstate for a relative’s funeral.
    Except they wanted a copy of the death certificate as evidence before giving the discount.
    Sure.
    Sidle up to the next-of-kin graveside and ask for a copy of the death certificate so you can clip $200 off an airfare.

Hammy’s sister emailed Sinc. Because Hammy left some sort of instruction on the event of his demise.

Wonderful stuff. If true, it was the most perfect trolling of all time. Unsurpassed in excellence.

Even if not, a thing of beauty.*

* the Beloved is under orders to inform you if I kick the bucket. Give him heaps, kids.

18. feelthebern

areff, if it looks like marinara I reckon you should see a doctor.

Those who didn’t get that Hammy was a parody sock are in deep trouble.

20. Mitch M.

Uh-huh.

He claims mocking isn’t insulting so I am free to insult him to any extent at any time I so wish. Call it an object lesson.

21. Nick

I think if you told them the relevant funeral director, that sufficed

Zulu Kilo Two Alpha
    #3437882, posted on May 1, 2020 at 8:22 pm

Says the expert on ineffectual commenting.

23. Arky

One notices that the more a poster has his inadequacies shown up, the more he feels the need to post his 2 line obscure crap.
    I would be happy to get smoted, if Sinc did the same to the other prick.
    Save everyone the bullshit snark constantly dribbling out of it.
    How about it Davidson?

I think if you told them the relevant funeral director, that sufficed

The one instance I had was someone who had a different family name, and that was the line I was given.
    Perhaps they went through a phase of being heavily scammed and tightened up.

25. Wasn’t Larissa Behrendt outed as white a la Rachel Dolezal?

Mitch M.

#3437895, posted on May 1, 2020 at 8:27 pm

Uh-huh.

Uh-huh.

27. Arky

C’mon.
    Two for one.
    You know it makes sense, and it would pull the rest of them into line.

28. Rex Mango

Larissa Behrendt, now discussing with some expert, whether COVID19 will cause more black deaths in custody. Expert reckons indig more at risk from the virus, due so many inside. Someone needs to tell these morons that the virus is over outside of the prison system and the only real drama is a nursing home.

29. And is there a lady in a leadership role at the Bureau of Meteorology? To tell us that it was the coldest start to May in 58 years?

No worries, I’ll use my old Bolta handle.

Arky/Michael the Teacher/whoever you are these days, newcomer.

31. feelthebern

Arky, shouldn’t you be cruising the old folks homes in your pussy wagon ?

Mocking maybe hurtful depends on how you take it but: Insulting=Mocking?

A new concept?

It might be time to reveal something.
    I was Hammy.
    I got busy at work and decided he needed to die.
    Maybe I should have just sent him on a cruise out of internet range for a while.

34. Rex Mango I tip my hat to you sir. How you can live blog that shit is a testament to your intestinal fortitude. Maybe a few drinks are numbing the experience?

35. Rex Mango

BB, yeah think she was part of the Bolt case and yeah that was pretty much what he wrote.

C’mon.
    Two for one.

Are you shackled to me?
    Just checking.

and it would pull the rest of them into line.

Such a hero, you’d be a minnow back at Blair’s, as I’m sure about a third of the readership here would be aware.

Nice to see the inner Totalitarian coming out.

39. mh

LL, I knew you were Hammy!

40. feelthebern

Amityville Horror remake on.
    Geez Melissa George is hot in this one too.
    I need to imdb to see what she’s been up to lately.

41. Rex Mango

BB, thanks & yes you make a very good point about the BOM. Where is the female leadership. Here is the pale stale male in charge:

42. Mick Gold Coast QLD

From Mitch M. at 8:11 pm:

If a poster offers material in the knowledge it is likely to attract a first class (and highly amusing) mocking then that is all it is – mocking. Pretending a week later that it was “insulting” is just that – a self serving pretense.

Rubbish, as usual you have your head up your arse … you are another scroll by. … another brainless idiot on the Gold Coast, the place if (sic) full of them … with intellectual equals. Your comments … turgid and devoid of content … wasting electrons. This moment recent comment of yours [“This moment recent comment of yours” – say what?] proves the argument … completely fucked in the head.”

Gees ya speak well for a blokette with such a huge chip on your shoulder – does the internet cause you grief? Teeth grinding? Cold sweats? Does it drive you to taking air swings at strangers? Do you find yourself being dropped on your flabby arks often?

Time to stop taking it so seriously, grasshopper.

If only I knew you had been assessing me, and were unlikely to vote for me, I would have had the coolies take your name off the mailing list, to save on postage.

43. Nick

Sigh. Gentle people……

44. Arky

Come on Sinclair.
    Get the boring twat out of here.
    I’ll happily go too.
    Just do man.

So.
    How about that Dick Pussey, eh?

46. Arky

Put it to the people.
    If you want Egg to stay, sing out.

All we need now is Grigs back pretending that JC is an incontinent old lady.

Something for everyone at the Cat..

48. I do declare this thread as open and myself as first.

49. feelthebern

arky, the Cat never gonna give you up.

50. Grigs IS JC and he IS an old woman who is non-ambulatory.

We all know Trump is going to unseal the indictments and those libertarian criminals who opposed Russia in the Ukraine will get what they deserve 🤣.

Sorry I can’t channel SSR.

Bird was a lot easier.

mh

#3437915, posted on May 1, 2020 at 8:37 pm

LL, I knew you were Hammy!

Jesus mh, you missed your cue!
    It’s a Spartacus thing.
    I say “I am Hammy!”
    You say, “No. I am Hammy!”
    And so it goes.
    The whole scene falls flat if someone says “I am Spartacus!” and the others all say “Yeah … thought so … yep”.

The Q&A fred* died from a lack of repartee; post lockdown, the doomsayers may reduce the OT blog traffic.

Sinc may be aware that certain posters generate more blog traffic by their presence.

*One of the Cat’s best known, for the less self-absorbed.

Why we do this?
    Because it is fun.
    Because it allows us to refine our thoughts and thinking.
    Because it helps pass the time.
    Because it allows us to share knowledge and information.
    Because it is dangerous to have unchallenged consensus opinions.
    Because the bastards shall not get away with it.

/Not for the doom

53. Nick

Wasn’t Arky a giraffe at some point?

Arky
    #3437923, posted on May 1, 2020 at 8:40 pm

Stimpy tried on the same sh1t and IIRC people thought he was a wanker.

Wasn’t Arky a giraffe at some point?

Plagiarised Arma.

56. feelthebern

Blushing here.

57. Arky

Anyone?
    Sad.
    You are as popular as a dead dog on the freeway in high summer.
    Come on. Smote us both already.

58. mh

LL, I deliberately fvcked it up.

59. Mitch M.

Mark A
    #3437908, posted on May 1, 2020 at 8:34 pm
    Mocking maybe hurtful depends on how you take it but: Insulting=Mocking?

A new concept?

At a personal level the line between mocking and insulting is so thin we need an electron microscope to perceive it. Mocking someone is poking fun at them in a cruel way. If you think a great many people don’t find that insulting I suggest you try going out into the street mocking people and measure their reaction. In public life we have to play the averages and mocking someone will much more often than not be hurtful to them. Trying to distinguish mocking from insulting is splitting hairs that ignores the ambiguity of language.

I find it odd that in a forum that triumphs Western Civilisation the linguistic association between civilisation and civility appears to be absent. An anthropologist commented that modern humans survived while other didn’t because we learned to be more co-operative rather than being more intelligent. Homo erectus brain size is not that much smaller than ours, Neandertals was bigger than ours, but we survived. The fascinating aspect of that is Erectus has a much flatter forehead than us and Neandertals brain size is to the posterior rather than the frontal regions. At the very front of our frontal lobes are the orbitofrontals. What happens when those are damaged, as happens with some sociopaths, disinhibition leading to sexual promiscuity, violent behavior, and reckless risk taking. So civility, more than mockery, more than intelligence, is what makes civilisation possible.

Here’s an ironic mockery of me that occurred many months ago. IFK accused me being like one of his autistic staff because I “googled” some biomedical literature. He meant to insult me. I found it funny because I don’t search for biomedical literature with google, starting with pubmed is the typical guide, and Aspies have on average a 10% higher IQ than neurotypicals.

All we need now is Grigs back pretending that JC is an incontinent old lady.

Trust me. I feel like that at times, especially gloomy miserable days like this one in Melb.

mh

#3437935, posted on May 1, 2020 at 8:50 pm

LL, I deliberately fvcked it up.

OK.
    You are out of the Metamucil Militia.

Mitch M.
    #3437936, posted on May 1, 2020 at 8:50 pm

Recall an enthralling conversation about the human brain counting at the frequency of light?

Where is Blair’s?
    Is it a gay bar or something?

64. Rex Mango

Germania 180AD, Aussie Russ taking a private moment to run hands through the barley, turns round walks back through his men who all give him full respect. Stomach punch etc, stirring music, cloud/smoke, the battle must begin. Order to move catapults, Russell overrules putting his cavalry more at risk. Headless dispatch rider returns & the Germs appear spouting gibberish. ‘On my signal unleash hell’ Rusty’s final order. Then ‘Hold the line’ as they charge. Combined arms assault, with cavalry, pretty serious artillery fireballs/big spikes, infantry & attack dogs. Foregone conclusion as Roman discipline mops up the barbarians in a few minutes. Slo mo sequences & mood music as the camera show’s Rusty killing savages left & right then announcing to cheers ‘Roma victor’.

The ABC cancelled the Q&A thread, egg_.

Like the dull greyness of all things Soviet, there was no joy left in it. The colour had gone. How can you mock a shadow? The grinding dullness of the guests, the tedium of opinion, the predictability of the audience … it became Orwellian.

There was nothing left to comment on.

66. Knuckle Dragger

Just dropping in from the OT. Great thread, especially the stuff over the last two hours or so.

It should be immortalised somewhere, like the National Library.

You’ve missed out, people. Of course, you can’t see it because you’re not in (trumpets) The Club.

Tell you what. I’ll drop by from the topendertown every once in a while and keep your spirits up.

By the way, management have restricted entry to everyone WITHOUT the C19 app……..

*squints*

67. feelthebern

If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you’re already dead!

calli

#3437945, posted on May 1, 2020 at 8:54 pm

The ABC cancelled the Q&A thread, egg_.

Like the dull greyness of all things Soviet, there was no joy left in it.

I rarely ever looked at the Q&A thread.

The ABC cancelled the Q&A

Carpe sometimes did an ad hoc OT one.
    Speaking of old Blairites shooting the breeze.

Sorry I can’t channel SSR.

USSR was great. Totally mad – in fact crazier than Plodes.

It was fucking hilarious. Election day, November 16th and the entire blog was congratulating USSR on picking Trump to win. USSR didn’t really predict Trump winning, it was basically a great example of prediction bias. USSR loved Trump so USSR predicted Trump would win. Anyway there were all these congrats and all USSR did was kick everyone in the head for those congrats and straight away began the pizza gate theories.

71. Knuckle Dragger

Well, I was going to try and change my handle to Hammy but I’m not sure management would have gone for it today.

Maybe tomorrow.

Insults?
    I have been called Frank Thring!
    Oh, the humanity!

I rarely ever looked at the Q&A thread.

Not quick enough on the draw?

74. MatrixTransform

and Aspies have on average a 10% higher IQ than neurotypicals.

they’re very good at doing IQ tests

75. feelthebern

Remember monty the night Tony Abbott got knifed by the Turd.
    I’ve never seen such joy.

76. Knuckle Dragger

Um, right. Women in Leadership.

It’s a matter of time before Killary’s spawn shows some leadership and offs Mummy so she can take her place as the rightful VP prospect.

Um.
    Is this a wake?

My pretty

Can’t take a return of serve?

79. Arky

5 boring, desperate comments in 5 minutes.
    Give it up, you tool.

they’re very good at doing IQ tests

Rat cunning outmaneuvers intelligence.

MatrixTransform

#3437957, posted on May 1, 2020 at 8:59 pm

and Aspies have on average a 10% higher IQ than neurotypicals.

they’re very good at doing IQ tests

But they can topple their gyros really easily if they get something out of left field.
    Like 2 degrees to the left of centre.

Arky
    #3437964, posted on May 1, 2020 at 9:03 pm

Scroll
    Scroll
    Scroll

83. Nick

KD, seriously, WTF is Buckley doing pushing the app? A Collingwood man doing the work of the Libs? Say it ain’t so

Clubby KD.
    That is the word.

85. Arky

Scroll
    Scroll
    Scroll

Dickhead.
    That’s all I’ve asked you to do since you first popped a clog weeks ago.
    But you can’t let it go.
    You bore.

86. feelthebern

arky & egg are gay for each other.

Social distancing is very much a Collingwood thing.
    Their backline perfected it against Brisbane in the 2003 Grand Final.

88. Arky

I obviously didn’t make it clear last time, no one has replied, so to repeat: Sing out your support for Egg.
    Let the Sinc. know how much you value is contributions here, after all these years.

Remember monty the night Tony Abbott got knifed by the Turd.
    I’ve never seen such joy.

The past 5 or 6 years haven’t been good for monst. He’s had huge highs and enormously depressing lows. Trump wins. I bet he had all his comments lined up that day for the Crooked win.

Then Shorten losing the un-loseable election. He didn’t go to a single Dunkins store for weeks after that one as he was too depressed to get out of bed.

90. Nick

I’ll pay that LL, I cs. See why he’d want an app for that disease ridden, hot and cold mob

Arky
    #3437974, posted on May 1, 2020 at 9:07 pm

Getting pathetic now.

Arky
    #3437974, posted on May 1, 2020 at 9:07 pm

Arky, either he had a personality change the last year or so or someone is impersonating him/her.

93. Rex Mango

Leigh L, that was an amusing remark.

94. Arky

Mark, I used to enjoy his comments.
    It’s broken.
    Maybe the damn lock in has broken people.
    But it keeps attacking me when I’m not about, and I have given it three separate outs on three separate
    So here we are.

95. Mitch M.

Leigh Lowe
    #3437966, posted on May 1, 2020 at 9:03 pm
    MatrixTransform

#3437957, posted on May 1, 2020 at 8:59 pm

and Aspies have on average a 10% higher IQ than neurotypicals.

they’re very good at doing IQ tests

Like 2 degrees to the left of centre.

Yeah that’s a big issue. Last week I was watching a video on a group from MIT that set up a Black Jack team to win against the casino. The students chosen were all rather smart but most the important the critical requirement was to remember the odds they were taught to memorise. It was a simple and clever system of card counting. I remarked to my friend: aspies are known to have excellent memories, they would be great at this. He pointed out to me that in a casino the social environment and distractions would drive them nuts. True.

I think this is a copy of the doco he showed me.

Youse guys are stir crazy. Sleep it off.

Or else.

A woman has to show a bit of leadership, and that’s my advice.

Q&A was good even recently when they had a decent International conservative on rather than a Leftwing echo chamber.
    Echo chambers are rather boring.

98. Nick

Get the wooden spoon out Calli

99. Anyway there were all these congrats and all USSR did was kick everyone in the head for those congrats and straight away began the pizza gate theories.

Yeah that was golden.

“Congratulations, your sources such as Conservative Treehouse were on point…”

*Shut up you spirit cooking, 🧀🍕 loving pro Obama degenerate!*

100. Knuckle Dragger

‘At a personal level the line between mocking and insulting is so thin we need an electron microscope to perceive it. Mocking someone is poking fun at them in a cruel way.’

No. No, its not. BUT I will say this, having reflected somewhat in between flogging weiners this arvo with Barry.

It is entirely possible that a person, while frequently commenting on an anonymous blog somewhere in the world can give the appearance of machismo, or whatever the feminine equivalent is. And make said commentary in such a fashion that it invites mockery and so on. And gets it. Then reacts, and the manner of the reaction causes even more mockery.

Said machismo or whatever COULD be a façade, a thin veneer masking something else behind it that might need fixing by professionals used to fixing such things. And so, because (with very few exceptions) this is an anonymous blog it is easier to a) hand out the fixin’s, and b) have no real knowledge of the impact of the aforementioned fixin’s.

Sheesh, some people might rely on a blog as their only social interaction in life.

There are robust and resilient punters among us. Some might present as such, but in IRL they MIGHT be anything but. And yes the Cat is Thunderdome, which I love love totes love but through no real fault of our own we MIGHT MAYBE be doing some unintentional damage. And yes I know the heat and kitchen thing, but SOME might initially think they can hack it but can’t, hand out a bit and then cop a lot and by then it’s too late.

I don’t follow Rafiki’s anonymous suing argument, primarily because it’s stoopid. But I DO think that blog management might have a requirement to provide a conversation pit that isn’t a free-for-all, all the time, and that MAY have impacted recent decision making.

And I suspect, but don’t know, that that’s what MAY have happened. Maybe even to more than one at the same time. I do not know. Just a theory.

So, in summary – stop picking on me, you dorks.

101. mh

So who did win the Stimpy v Egg battle? I scrolled, but apparently it was about who was funniest. Anyone got a link?

102. Knuckle Dragger

‘KD, seriously, WTF is Buckley doing pushing the app?’

He’s a flog Nick.

Grew up in Darwin, and was apparently quite the junior cricketer. You talk to the right people though, and they’ll tell you he was a right little prick who got beamed at the crease more than once and had his weenie arse handed to him more than once.

Apparently he never took the life lesson on board, but could kick a footy – and here we are.

103. Rex Mango

KD, what is your reply to Leigh L pointing out that your football club pioneered social distancing in 2003?

104. Tits “Pie Man” “Jimmy Neutron” “‘lecktrickery Bill” Shorten lost the election with his batshit electric car idea.

A random old guy down at a local strip mall started a conversation with me that day about how impractical it was.

105. Knuckle Dragger

The 2003 GF.

Still makes me howl like 8th Dan outside Ben Batterham’s house at night time.

I used to enjoy his comments.

When they were directed at someone else, otherwise it’s snark?

You can’t have it both ways.

Short, witty comments or “cryptic” one liners?

What’s this stuff of “talking to someone” as if it’s instant messaging?
    It’s a comments section on a private blog.
    Perhaps, SDA is the VRWC place to go.

107. don’t follow Rafiki’s anonymous suing argument, primarily because it’s stoopid. But…

But nothing.

Do you think some judges are stupid?

Well, there’s your problem.

108. Nick

He’s a flog Nick.

I reckon John Elliott is laughing his head off. I’ll ask him when our paths next cross, but he’s a cranky cove.

mh
    #3437988, posted on May 1, 2020 at 9:16 pm

Grigs would.

110. Knuckle Dragger

‘Do you think some judges are stupid?’

The vast majority of them.

111. Free Radical

Okay.

112. Mitch M.

Mocking someone is poking fun at them in a cruel way.’

Yes it is. And again, the idea that the receiver is going to filter out the difference between being mocked and insulted is a huge leap of faith. We all try to anticipate how others will respond to the words we use. We all know that our words can be misinterpreted. The lists below are from dictionaries. I trust dictionaries more than I trust you.

SYNONYMS FOR mocking
    derisive
    sarcastic
    insulting
    rude
    unkind

Synonyms for mocking

deriding, gibing (or jibing), jeering, laughing (at), ridiculing, scouting, shooting down, skewering
    Words Related to mocking

scoffing (at), scorning, sneering (at)
    bad-mouthing, belittling, decrying, disparaging, pooh-poohing (also poohing), putting down
    baiting, barracking [chiefly British], bugging, catcalling, harassing, harrying, hassling, heckling, needling, pestering, ragging, targeting, taunting, tormenting

113. Rex Mango

Just reading comments on Youtube (you learn quite a lot) & seems the sole bloke in that Call on Me film clip surrounded by hot aerobics girls by Eric Prydz, is an Argentine & gay. Someone commented ‘I always hoped this bloke was gay & turns out he is’

Stimpy has been conspicuous by his absence, only been in a bit, post lockdown.

115. I put it to you Mr K “Failed Hot Dog Side Hustle, never got the crazy redhead” D that Griggsy was Ricky’s ALS advocate.

Now if I am going to sued for that comment, discovery and cross examination would be a goldmine.

Knuckle Dragger

#3437987, posted on May 1, 2020 at 9:14 pm

Wait!
    Are you saying posters here may not be all they appear?

I was surprised when Some History? came up with some of my old posts in support one time.
    There’s probably a few Blairites under new handles here.
    I always had a separate handle for Bolta (Newscorp), but that’s about it.

118. Knuckle Dragger

‘chaffing, jiving, joshing, kidding, quizzing, rallying, razzing, ribbing, riding, teasing, tweaking, twitting
    aping, burlesquing, caricaturing, imitating, lampooning, mimicking, parodying, parroting, pillorying, satirizing, taking off (on), travestying’

Oh man.

24 hours ago that would have been a goldmine Pedro would have gone on a first date cruise for.

119. Nick

The Cat is getting its own 18C

120. Rex Mango

Interesting that when General Russell is arrested & they ride all night to execute him, they leave his armour on. Might have been an idea to remove that from a condemned man.

Septimus has socks both “good” and “bad”.

Ha, agreed.
    However, I only raised the defamation angle in relation to stackja linking to the Vicco SC Google case.
    Questions of other online standards or simply the blog owner’s desired tone of the place don’t factor into strict defamation law.

He’d be the Cat’s biggest contributor by far.

Nick

#3438011, posted on May 1, 2020 at 9:28 pm

The Cat is getting its own 18C

Ouch!
    Low blow!

125. Knuckle Dragger

‘Are you saying posters here may not be all they appear?’

Difficult to comprehend, I know. Struggled mightily with it myself. I mean, nobody would pump themselves up when there was no way to disprove their versions of themselves and their deeds, right?

That wouldn’t be very manly at all.

126. I actually liked Robbie Mac and P.

The last few were awful.

127. Free Radical

Grigs is with us.

Now.

He Walks Among Us.

128. Pedro the Loafer

I just got in from shooting foxes (3 vixens gone to see God), had a tub, cracked a beer and settled down to the nightly stoush at the Cat and find the open fred stalled and/or dead in the water.

Who upset Sinc?

I really do not want to have to go back to FTA TV for my evening jollies.

Knuckle Dragger
    #3437987, posted on May 1, 2020 at 9:14 pm

MarkL’s gym adventures with young wymminses?

130. Arky

Honestly mate.
    What the fuck are you doing?
    Every post you are trying to establish some credibility due to your online history.
    It’s just bloody sad.
    Piss off and get a life. No one cares about where you dripped your bullshit in 2007.
    I have treated you as if you were a man and given you every chance to act like one.
    You’re not.
    Now piss off.

131. Pedro

I hear owning a Bedford van with blacked out windows and cracking open a Foster’s Light Ice to the dulcet tones of Lazzarus Q is the key to happiness.

132. Nick

Ouch!
    Low blow!

I’m serious. I get what the Prof means by nastiness, but gee, the whimpering by some about being offended or insulted, is straight out of the local Greens office.

Worse are the hypocrites who tut and trill about the state of the Cat when they are exactly the same.

Knuckle Dragger
    #3437987, posted on May 1, 2020 at 9:14 pm

Agree with your arguments.
    You do not mock strangers to start with unless you are an idiot just asking for it.

People who are so sensitive and vulnerable as to take offence and collapse in a heap when confronted on the internet, shouldn’t be on it in the first place or select the blogs suited to their temperament and ego.

I admit they can’t be helped they are drawn to it like bees to flowers.

PS now we have a dictionary definition as an argument.

Mocking someone we interact with, to me is, a gentle ribbing.

‘Are you saying posters here may not be all they appear?’

If it’s about yours truly, a fellow Cat may verify if you exchange emails via Sinc, keyboard.

135. Imagine if Buffalo Bill was a NAACP criminal defence lawyer.

scoffing (at), scorning, sneering (at)
    bad-mouthing, belittling, decrying, disparaging, pooh-poohing (also poohing), putting down

I will plead to ragging, parodying and needling, even lampooning or razzing.
    But I will not cop burlesquing.
    That will be contested.
    BTW, check the spelling of “aping”.

137. Rex Mango

Just checked & Hans Zimmer did the music for Gladiator. That was twenty years ago. He has scored a lot of movies.

138. Knuckle Dragger

Pedro. Thank God.

There was a terrible fight. Someone said gold miners were rotten to the core, and that dorpers were the best animals God ever made and hardly anyone said that was bad but I did and some others too and other people were really nasty and then someone cried when they got a Chinese burn and there was hair pulling and lots of yelling and the grownup had to come in and everyone got smacked even the ones that didn’t do anything and nobody got ice cream and now we’re hiding and it was just awful.

139. Arky

No one is vouching for you.
    You’re a nothing.
    Now piss off.

Arky
    #3438024, posted on May 1, 2020 at 9:34 pm

Whine
    Whine
    Whine

Is that all you do?
    Did they get sick of you at the School?

141. Rex Mango

First screen appearance of Oly Read, the great man, who died while filming.

142. Pedro the Loafer

If I had ever heard of Lazzarus Q or ever owned a Pommy death trap van I would apparently be in seventh heaven, Mr Sedition.

Unfortunately, a Toyota Landcruiser and Slim Dusty don’t cut it.

egg_

#3438028, posted on May 1, 2020 at 9:36 pm

‘Are you saying posters here may not be all they appear?’

Not specifically.
    And no thanks.

144. Nick

Rex, I think Zimmer does the soundtrack for the Cat after 11pm each night 🙂

145. Mitch M.

Here’s some facade from youtube. I caught this only last night. What is remarkable is how the character still has 107k subscribers. He’s a complete fraud that has been revealed a number of times yet he persists. Blaha definitely needs some “fixing” but at his age probably too late.

The Legend of Jason Blaha

Tell us an entertaining ghost story, Arky.

147. Knuckle Dragger

Aping.

Missed it. Glorious.

148. Free Radical

Whine
    Whine
    Whine

The sound of an incorrectly timed A Model diff.

149. Mitch

Look up Charlie Zelenoff.

I am sure the more you read about him, the less you will care for him.

That guy is a real jerk!

Leigh Lowe
    #3438039, posted on May 1, 2020 at 9:39 pm

MarkL made the initial comment, Mr Anonymous.

151. Rex Mango

Having seen the Proprietor of Gladiator School portrayed couple of times recently, not sure how they survived in real life.

Knuckle Dragger

#3438018, posted on May 1, 2020 at 9:30 pm

‘Are you saying posters here may not be all they appear?’

That wouldn’t be very manly at all.

Arrrgh.
    You’re onto me.

153. Arky

Mr Anonymous.

No one knows you.
    You are nothing.
    Now piss off.

JC got MarkL smote for a plagiarised post, not a thread comment IIRC.

That would be the height of online fraud.

155. Knuckle Dragger

egg:

‘Knuckle Dragger
    #3437987, posted on May 1, 2020 at 9:14 pm
    MarkL’s gym adventures with young wymminses?’

I have no idea what that means. Maybe it’s New Zealish or whatever they speak on Pitcairn Island.

And I know blogs. All about them. I was on Blair’s once, and before that I was a regular contributor to the Australasian Post.

156. Pedro the Loafer

Good Lord KD. I am shattered.Reputation ruined.

I may just have to go down to the back paddock and curl up in a foetal position with the bastard Dorpers.

I may be some time. Call the Shire if my mortal remains start to pong. I have paid my rates for the year, they owe me a skip pickup.

Phhht.
    I started doing Morse-blog in 1936.

158. Don’t tell me fella, I know blogs!

Showing my age too now.

Arky
    #1657200, posted on April 15, 2015 at 8:41 pm
    You’re alright Twodix. I know how you feel. It’s like when you are at work as a young man, and you go in to use the toilet. Just as you walk in the door the Samoan is stepping out of the shower stall.
    That image will be with you forever, punched into your brain as if by a ten ton press stamping a hole in a metal plate. As his leg comes out of the stall, you glance at the movement, and bouncing on his knee is the knob of his gigantic cock.
    Stunned, you walk robotically to the urinal, unzip, and look down at the average-sized tool you are holding in one hand, perhaps requiring only two fingers to hold up. At that moment, everything in your life comes into astonishing focus. You are average. You reel back through your few brief years of adult life, and see, for the first time, that there is nothing at which you excel. There are some things you are quite good at, some things you are a bit useless at, but nothing about you stands out as exceptional.
    You, by design, are incapable of changing anything at all in this life of any consequence whatsoever. While the Samoan will cut a swath through life with his freakishly, comically enormous penis, gleefully showing it off to anyone who shows the slightest potential interest at all, you will go through life as a completely unremarkable non-entity.
    When you die, some people will be a bit sad for awhile, but pretty quickly life will go on as before, with nothing of importance altered to show that you made any major impact on anything at all.
    Your ghost will meekly flit off to the purgatory where men with average sized cocks keep company with unimaginative freckly lumpen middle aged ladies of a polite demeanour who like to read Agatha Christie and gossip without real rancour or insight.

160. Knuckle Dragger

I had a pen pal once. She lived in Canada. I was 12.

Pretty sure that counts. Some witty repartee went unrewarded in that pit, let me tell you.

161. Arky

Keep posting my old stuff, fool.
    it’s better than the stuff I’m posting having to reply to a paranoid snarky git.

162. Nick

Some witty repartee went unrewarded in that pit, let me tell you.

Perhaps if you whispered it into her ear instead…

Legalise Sedition
    #3438055, posted on May 1, 2020 at 9:46 pm

And to think I stuck up for “Lyinhomo”.

“Past behaviour is a guide to future behaviour”.

JC got MarkL smote for a plagiarised post, not a thread comment IIRC.

That would be the height of online fraud.

Not true eggy. I’ve never asked anyone to be killed off. Marcus Adonis left of his own accord.

166. Arky

Keep googling, and you’ll find the dozen or so posts I wrote that Sinc put up and which generated hundreds of replies.
    Now piss off.

Nick

#3438026, posted on May 1, 2020 at 9:35 pm

Ouch!
    Low blow!

I suspect you are right.
    It could end up being wall-to-wall you-know-who, with 7 comments per thread (4 generated by you-know-who).

168. Tal

A War Room Thread is needed stat

Knuckle Dragger

#3438060, posted on May 1, 2020 at 9:49 pm

I had a pen pal once. She lived in Canada. I was 12.

Wit?
    Directed at a Canadian?
    You did that?

170. mem

cl, this is addressed toyou/

As for the “women in leadership” header, it was meant to be a sarcastic riff on a number of features written recently about female leaders At This Difficult Time etc but it was perhaps a smidgen obtuse.

At the end of the day I take this as a small but nevertheless important concession on your behalf that maybe you should have couched your post in better terms. It is a start. By the way have you had your re-bore operation done yet. It must weigh heavily on your mind.

Mk50 of Brisbane, Henchman to the VRWC
    #1657215, posted on April 15, 2015 at 8:51 pm
    Arky, that was a thing of beauty.

172. Knuckle Dragger

In all seriousness, a specialty Roman toga thread was asked for.

People could have eaten live swallows covered in honey, then vomited them back as a sign of gratitude.

Like the Romans. Or the Chinese.

173. Yeah that sounds like it egg.

“I stick up for this guy, I call him dishonest faggot”.

Sure.

Marcus Adonis left of his own accord.

OK.
    Under that handle at least, the homophobia has popped up again recently.

175. Arky

35 comments by the dribbling bore so far this thread.
    The only good bit was where he quoted me.
    It’s posting two for every one of mine, and desperate at finally being exposed as the vicious little troll it is.

176. Knuckle Dragger

‘Wit?
    Directed at a Canadian?
    You did that?’

Yeah.

Like Stallone’s early film career. I was young and wanted the attention. Now I wish I hadn’t.

Legalise Sedition
    #3438074, posted on May 1, 2020 at 9:55 pm

That’s what other Cats were saying, buddy.
    Google is your fiend.

178. Arky

No one is vouching for you troll.
    Now piss off.

I’m looking for the story where Arky couldn’t sleep all night because of a ghost.
    Where was the “Mrs”?

180. Arky

No one knows you.
    You are nothing.

181. Knuckle Dragger

Liability Bob used to hang out at Blair’s too.

Not judging. Just saying.

182. mh

Best to carry a pair of tweezers I find.

183. JABL

To jump to the end.

I apologise if this has already been covered.

So many smart arses have raised oh CL nursing homes are a commonwealth responsibility. WRONG

No more than universities, they are funded by the Commonwealth but the land upon which they sit is State land not Commonwealth land. Clean up your own mess dear.

184. Arky

Where was the “Mrs”?

Getting personal again. can’t help yourself. You are finally revealed, like the CCP.
    If you find the story, post it. It was a good piece of writing. More content in one post than you produce in a year.

185. Rex Mango

Russell Crowe just took out about 5 punters single handedly in small North African stadium & Ollie Read says ‘You’re good Spaniard, but not that good’. Now they are on the road back to the big show in Rome.

Just occurred to me.
    Years ago I think it might have been the ABC or Cricinfo had an open free-for-all cricket blog.
    It blew up in about 48 hours.

187. Des Deskperson

I’ve just watched a piece of crap on the ABC called ‘Top of the Lake’ and it’s a sort of unintended encapsulation of everything that’s wrong with ABC drama.

Self consciously ‘edgy’ with lots of ‘issues’ and lots of emoting and swearing and try-hard transgressive stuff about anal sex and ‘arty’ – well maybe a few years ago – camera shots but also clumsily puerile: polystyrene self dramatising characters and a synthetically ‘out there’ script with on connection to how ordinary Australians speak and behave. More proof that there is not a single grown up at the ABC.

The guy who denigrates his “wife” who “can’t cook”.
    I’ve had a few Asian partners, and find it surprising to think that one couldn’t cook.

It’s a couple of years old.
    Irredeemable tripe.

Rex
    I think Oliver R died before the film was finished.

191. struth

Bloody hell.
    You guys seem to be having fun.
    What a thread!

Arky
    #3438089, posted on May 1, 2020 at 10:03 pm

You’re the retard who talks about his missus on a private blog, hypocrite.

193. Arky

Keep on attacking my wife.
    It’s going down a treat. Specially combined with your inability to front in person.
    You have blown yourself up.
    No one is vouching for you.
    You are nothing on here.
    Now piss off.

194. Okay, you’re a good egg.

Again with the curt responses. they have no tone to read.

Make it easy for empathetic energy healers such as myself.

195. Leo G

A War Room Thread is needed stat

Women in Leadership doesn’t have to end this way.

Dragging up old comments?
    Such excreta is going into the National Archives, no?

197. Nick

It blew up in about 48 hours.

It took that long ?

198. Rex Mango

Des D, couldn’t agree more. Chanced upon Top of the Lake few years back late night mid week tele & it was kind’ve interesting in that Twin Peaks genre, so didn’t turn it off & kept watching, which means not all bad, but at end there was nothing whatsoever. All attitude, posturing & well shot, but zero else besides.

199. Some guy gets on there (clearly a troll) pretending to be Indian and starts calling Paki cricketers cheats and homos.

The “best” internet forum thread I ever saw was entitled “Why do northies hate southies” and it was full blown Indian v Indian action, accusations of ISI trolls abounded, the nastiest insult was “southies are all piss drinking black monkeys”.

Make it easy for empathetic energy healers such as myself.

No worries, if you’re DL you may not have been around for a while.

Kudos for sticking it to you know who.

201. Tal

It’s a very strange thread
    Joe how are you?

202. Knuckle Dragger

‘It blew up in about 48 hours.’

Look, I realise Usman and his family are a bit upset at being reduced to povo status by Cricket Australia, but that wasn’t really a mature approach at all.

203. Rex Mango

JC (demand a Death Certificate), yes indeed Ollie Reead did indeed cark it mid shoot (in a bar I understand demanding more to drink on the floor) & they had to at great expense CGI him back. Blew budget by like $2M 1999 dollars.

Keep on attacking my wife.

The lady who you have put down who “can’t cook”?

Why is Diane Lane “fat”?

205. feelthebern

Sounds like a swingers party.

206. Sorry Rex I can’t watch anything with Elisabeth Moss now.

She’s a scientologist loon and she’s only in roles where white men are evil x**ts.

I hope what she finds what she is looking for. That is a giant space alien god to cleanse her soul in a volcano that gets nuked.

LOL

CNN went too hard on the misogyny angle they actually started shilling for RPH.

207. feelthebern

Look at what a retard Cuomo is.

208. Free Radical

Totes different to universities, BABL. Nursing homes in Australia are mostly located in the States but not on State land. They are 95% Commonwealth funded and regulated, but largely owned and operated by the Churches and the Morans. Ministerial responsibility rests solely with the Commonwealth, currently that yuuugely competent Richard Colbeck. Once was Bronnie Bishops portfolio but she couldn’t even sort out what a kerosene bath was.

Try to keep it real. The post is all about C.L.s dislike of women, be they politicians or police. Especially police. And now yours too. That’s nice.

That is all.

209. Des Deskperson

Leigh, Rex, no, this ‘Top of the Lake’ is a new – return – series. They have obviously learned nothing.

Nick

#3438102, posted on May 1, 2020 at 10:07 pm

It blew up in about 48 hours.

It took that long ?

The unhinged blow-back was something to behold.
    And they probably can’t use the “it was late, I was pissed” defence.

Leigh, Rex, no, this ‘Top of the Lake’ is a new – return – series.

Let me know how it goes.

212. Tal

CL dislikes women….since when

213. Nick

Or my mother just died.
    It’s always fun watching Indians calling each other monkeys, laughing at those for their dark hued skin I. A relative sense

214. struth

Is this a renamed open thread?
    I came on here expecting to yell get ’em all back in the kitchen, and it just seems to be anything but a place to winge about bloody women.
    I was brought here under false pretenses.

215. Knuckle Dragger

‘That is factoring in a little bit of patronising patter to start, followed by some pot-shots about skill level, then it got to cheating and sexual innuendo.
    The unhinged blow-back was something to behold.’

Well in fairness, Bird had to get his training wheels somewhere.

Rex Mango

#3438108, posted on May 1, 2020 at 10:12 pm

And what chances they got “Death, Disability and Falling of the Waggon” insurance cover on Ollie?

217. hey are 95% Commonwealth funded and regulated, but largely owned and operated by the Churches and the Morans

I assume the Morans meant a hitherto non-famous family of thrifty accountants and investment bankers, not THAT Melbin family of colourful dispute resolution identities.

Or a horrific spelling error Grig’s non-sockpuppet account could never recover from.

I would like to know more.

Hello, Tal!

Good to see you.

How are you doing during T.D.T.?

(This Difficult Time).

219. Rex Mango

Can I just say controls nursing homes, Commonwealth, or State Governments is of no moment to me. Women in leadership is a different matter:

220. Tal

Struth I’m making sandwiches
    Anything else

221. The past 5 or 6 years haven’t been good for monst
    🤣🤣🤣
    Poor bastard.
    Now he knows what Losing feels like?

222. Nick

Rex, the worm that turned!!
    A classic.

223. There you go.

I had never heard of Moran Health Care Group before.

The things you learn here.

224. Perhaps there could be a great slaying of our elites at Etihad Stadium a la Gladiator. The Battle Of COVID-19.

225. Entropy

struth
    #3438122, posted on May 1, 2020 at 10:18 pm
    Is this a renamed open thread?
    I was brought here under false pretenses

Same. I must confess to a certain level of disappointment. Ahh, well. Off to bed.

226. Tal

CL (me darlin boy) I’m doing well you ok?

227. Top Ender

Aaaaaaarrrrggghh Jim lad!

Avast me hearties!

228. That is factoring in a little bit of patronising patter to start, followed by some pot-shots about skill level, then it got to cheating and sexual innuendo.
    The unhinged blow-back was something to behold

Phrasing.

229. I am in awe that a luminary such as Tal is back.

What’s next, the great Soon returns on a gleaming white stallion with a chest that can bench 500 lbs, a massive two handed sword, a beard bigger than Ned Kelly’s and he whips the current blog chimp (erroneously called the *Doomykins*) into shape?

230. Rex Mango

Hands up, who wouldn’t attend Gladiator Games if they were reopened? Certainly beats Lazio v Roma.

231. struth

This time of night just a nice cup of tea and maybe a couple of squares of dark chocolate might be nice.
    White and one thanks.

232. JABL

Free Radical put down the bong

y\You made exactly no sense.

And you do not understand the difference between State and Commonwealth Land.

You are ipso facto an idiot.

233. Nick

White and one thanks.

Leigh, is that you ? 🙂

234. Entropy

Rex Mango
    #3438138, posted on May 1, 2020 at 10:28 pm

Would any animals be harmed in the production?

235. A thread to remember.
    Women in Leadership now a Cat meme.

236. Rex Mango

Some more Worm that Turned:

237. Mitch M.

Legalise Sedition
    #3438112, posted on May 1, 2020 at 10:13 pm
    Sorry Rex I can’t watch anything with Elisabeth Moss now.

LOL

I hoped that Scientology has long since receded into obscurity. There is very old documentary about how Hubbard started it. They were interviewing his secretary and the look on her face as she describes the souls\volcanoes thing says it all. Hilarious. Yet millions came to follow that tale … .

238. Entropy

Just binged on a new amazon prime show called upload. Funny, but also some deep philosophical bits about eternal life on a computer.