Republican’s missus issues queenly decree

This entry was posted in Hypocrisy of progressives, Politics of the Left. Bookmark the permalink.

70 Responses to Republican’s missus issues queenly decree

1. Snoopy

Lisa is in a panic. Maybe she’s older than she appears on television.

2. min

As long as they are full face .

3. Lee

We need to be “reminded”?
    FFS!
    She and hubby were made for each other.

4. cuckoo

“If nothing else, as a visual reminder…” Pretty much sums it up. But I’m sure she believes in The Science!

5. wal1957

Her husband -(Bandana Man) can just pull his head scarf down to cover his mouth.
    She is another overpaid airhead!

6. miltonf

Like I said yesterday, why do we shower these media parasites with riches and treat them as oracles?

7. cuckoo

Like the hysteria over Trump wearing/not wearing a mask. Media were gloating over T finally wearing one (“a stunning backflip” they called it on Nein news)…when he visited a hospital. The fact is he’s rarely in a situation where he would need to wear one. And to their disappointment, he wore it like a boss.

I have yet to see a single image of Daniel Andrews wearing one. But the media all sniggered like schoolboys yesterday over the hapless attempts of Health Minister Greg Hunt to put one on.

8. Cassie of Sydney

“Surely it’s time for the government to just call it: we are all advised to wear masks in public…if nothing else, as a visual reminder we are in a pandemic!”

Here’s the deal Lisa…I’ll wear a mask in public during COVID if you promise us that, moving forward, you will permanently wear a mask to cover your very ugly face. Fair’s fair Lisa.

9. Roberto

But the situation isn’t worsening.

She should wear one on her noggin to keep her brain from falling out, like hubby does.

11. H B Bear

Another pointless decree.

Lol Cassie

Look, I don’t wear either, but I do think it’s probably advisable to, both to protect yourself and others. It’s probably a good idea to wear one.

This is why giving women the vote was a mistake.

14. John A

miltonf #3512666, posted on July 14, 2020 at 3:01 pm

As a non-viewer of FTA or pay-TV, I ask “I don’t, so who does?”

15. Scott Osmond

Roger, it’s becoming harder to refute that assertion.

16. So, we have been told..

Wearing masks is good
    Wearing masks is bad
    It was just to protect PPE for hospitals
    We need a short sharp lockdown to protect the herd
    We need herd immunity
    We need to eradicate this virus
    We can’t cure HIV, the common col and the like, but we can cure Corona
    Medical staff aren’t vectors for community transmission
    Socially distance to 1.5 m
    No wait, 4 m
    Masks don’t work
    Masks do work
    Standing around, rather than sitting down will give you COVID in a pub
    If you test negative, you need to be quarantined
    We do not need to stop immigration in the short term
    We need to close state borders
    We need leadership
    Conservative politicians who show leadership are fascists

Roger, it’s becoming harder to refute that assertion.

Indeed; it was irrefutably the beginning of the end of our civilisation.

18. H B Bear

If you are locked in a vertical slum you probably don’t need to be reminded we are a pandemic.

If you’ve just been to lunch with the girls at Icebergs maybe.

19. Cassie of Sydney

“Roger
    #3512683, posted on July 14, 2020 at 3:14 pm
    This is why giving women the vote was a mistake.”

I’m beginning to agree with you Roger…and I’m a woman.

20. Colonel Crispin Berka

You can have your economy running nicely AND you can have greatly slowed Covid19 transmission too (maybe elimination), but because TANSTAAFL the price you pay to get both of these goodies during a pandemic is a slight decrease in convenience by taking extra steps each day to reduce transmission. FFS, conservatives, this isn’t difficult to understand. Areas with increased incidence should normalise respiratory mask wearing in defined situations for a defined period of time, impose quarantine on borders, and remember to keep hands away from face and wash them when you get home from the infected wastelands. Each measure by itself doesn’t provide any guarantee, but their combined effects add together.

It is not the case that Donald Trump is personally going around and infecting everyone with covid19, the hysteria about blaming him is some clear TDS, and we are far enough away from January that blaming the CCP is wearing a bit thin too. It is ordinary everyday people who spread this thing and they do so without knowing it, which is why you don’t know that you aren’t one of them.

I agree with Sinclair/Kates from 2 months ago that not enough economically rational planning was done with regards to dollars spent per life saved, and the public need a few hard words spoken to them about treating Covid19 threat similar to how we treat all other threats to our lives. 100% protection costs exponentially more than 99% protection, it is not achievable, and therefore some life losses have to be accepted.

Why didn’t all this happen for the flu? Because we understand the flu. We still don’t know all the health implications of this novel coronavirus. We’ve got growing evidence that people get blood clotting more easily from having had the virus (regardless of whether they had a severe case). So what are the health costs of that? What else does this thing do? And on top of that it is (at least) 3x more deadly in total fatality rate than the flu, that is incontrovertible.

You are offered a cheap option for getting business running and stopping the virus and you still treat it as a dictatorial affront to muh freedomz and deride anyone supporting it!? The issue is that conservatives are opposing any step towards public health even when the cost is minor daily inconvenience. That is contrarian and absurd and not respectable.

21. Anyone who mocks freedom can get the fuck outta here.

22. twostix

Things like this are just the elite flexing their muscle and letting everyone know who’s in control here.

You’ll wear the mask – because they – including Madam Wilkinson, told you to.

When you do it’s because they made it so. You’re living in their society.

This is why giving women the vote was a mistake.

You think so?

This is why giving women the vote was a mistake.

You think so?

Tongue only partly in cheek, JC.

It has certainly led to the feminisation of our society.

25. Cassie of Sydney

“JC
    #3512718, posted on July 14, 2020 at 3:40 pm
    This is why giving women the vote was a mistake.

You think so?”

I understand why Roger wrote that. Most of the women I know…though not all…are cretinous….they see everything through a prism of “feminism”. Let’s look at most female politicians across the west…..they are cretinous. Very few stand out. Sure there was Margaret Thatcher, Golda Meir and Indira Gandhi but they were and remain the exceptions…I suspect they had male brains. Now let’s look at what our local political parties have vomited up…..Juliar Gillard, Julie Bishop, Tania Plibersek, Penny Wong etc. etc. etc….enough said.

26. Professor Fred Lenin

I had to go to the pharmacy today to get my chemicals , the ones that keep me healthy . Went to Coles while my scripts were made up ,it is noticeablethat more people are wering masks than last week ,many more .
    I have been wearing one in public for ages ,at my age you dont take the punt, it probably helps some to minimise the virus load you may pick up . Its a bit of achore to wear one but not a real burden I alwaysthink of surgeaons wearing one for hours under theatre lights now there IS a chore .
    So lets wear them in public and minimise the virus effect and get back to as near normal as possible .

27. candy

I reckon Madam Wilkinson could see herself wife to her husband the governor-general, or as the GG herself. Sees them as the “power couple” instructing Australians on how to live and not be horrible racists climate change deniers, and especially being buddies with Prince William and Kate Middleton.
    If the job were offered they may just suddenly become Monarchists, like Bill Shorten’s mum-in-law.

28. Megan

So far, Colenel Crispin, the novel coronavirus has not killed anywhere near the number of people that the common motor vehicle killed. Or caused long term medical issues from serious injuries sustained in a accident in a vehicle.

Have you sold you car yet? Or thrown the keys off a bridge? Why not? You clearly cannot be trusted to manage that risk on your own without government help.

A death rate of .00033% means 99.00077% of us won’t die from it.

We have lost our collective minds!

And Lisa, there are some very good reasons as to why I am unable to wear a mask. So stick to issuing your sanctimonious decrees to the moron you’re married to. I’m fully capable of making my own decisions.

29. Indira Gandhi

She was a monster and it was a good thing she was murdered.

30. Megan

Cassie, you forgot Saint Jacinda of the Teeth.

31. Cassie of Sydney

“Megan
    #3512756, posted on July 14, 2020 at 4:01 pm
    Cassie, you forgot Saint Jacinda of the Teeth.”

Oh yes….the unbelievably ghastly Hijabi Jacinda of the Teeth!

32. Lee

Megan
    #3512751, posted on July 14, 2020 at 3:59 pm

33. Elitist leftard lisa loves visual reminders like face masks so the simple folk can understand what’s going on … Her husband wears a permanent visual reminder to remind the not so simple folk ….. what a total fuckwit looks like !

34. Atoms for Peace

What does Greta have to say about it. She’s my go to font for info that matters !

35. Pyrmonter

@ Legalise Sedition

– what works to control infection and what doesn’t is uncertain. It is probably ‘contingent’, that is, dependent heavily on circumstances (age, proximity, load, weather, indoor/outdoor, surface contact, nature of contact, if any, etc).

– there appears to have been a ‘Noble Lie’ that masks are useless. I believed it. Happily, neither I nor anyone I know was harmed as a consequence; perhaps others were. The best information now suggests they are useful, though providing incomplete protection. They are also cheap and relatively plentiful. Wearing one is not difficult, even for those like me who wear glasses.

Why then not ‘do your bit’?

Infectious disease is one of those things that refutes the popular ideas of the Left and the identitarian Right – it afflicts the rich and poor, the young and old (though to different degrees), the native and foreign, the urban and rural, independent of skin-colour or sexuality … the Greek and J#$ (Galations 3:2*, etc). Legislating to require mask wearing should be unnecessary: why anyone wants to mix in a company where they’re absent or transmist a potentially serious infection to others escapes me.

36. Colonel Crispin Berka

Megan,
    >> You clearly cannot be trusted to manage that risk on your own without government help.

Does being obtuse come naturally to you or did you have to go to Kneejerk school for that?
    Wearing a mask is managing the risk on your own without government help, which is what I advocated above instead of lockdowns, nanny-statism, and prolonged corporate Jobkeeper welfare.

37. Colonel Crispin Berka

Leggy, my intent was to mock the nearly unanimous conservative attitude as represented by CL, not freedom itself, and indeed the course of action I encouraged others to adopt is the freedom-preserving path, all things considered.
    I realise in hindsight my wording can be (and has been) misunderstood, and I shall evict “freedomz” from muh vocaburah to prevent a re-occurrence. It was just the trend of late to say it that way.

38. twostix

“me me me”.

39. twostix

What the hell.

LOL.

Do you carry posies in your pocket too?

40. twostix

From donning masks in public, to passive aggressive public social shaming (you will kill me if you don’t do as I say and stand on your head alone!), to police state support, an all in one package.

It’s amazing.

41. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

hides his microcephaly

42. Some australians embraced the chinafication our country and lives so effortlessly.

This has a real East German vibe to me.

43. Spurgeon Monkfish III

When you do it’s because they made it so. You’re living in their society.

Which is why I will never ever willingly (or unwillingly, for that matter) wear one of those stupid ugly utterly useless face masks.

F*ck off, fascists.

44. Mask are good for criminals, as now they can’t be identified in security cams (mind you, most have been blurry cams anyway).

45. Delta A

Thank you, Karen.

Much to my chagrin, a Vic rellie signalled her virtue to all her liberal buddies on FB, imploring them to stay safe and follow dear Chairman’s orders, because they’re all in this together.

I wish now that I had mentioned her in my will, so that I could disinherit her.

46. Lizzi55

Purpose of Covid 1984 panic is psychological preparation for submission and dependence, to enable reorganisation of society, so that big gov big tech big pharma have increased control

47. Kneel

Spurgeon Monkfish III
    #3512911, posted on July 14, 2020 at 5:27 pm

+1000

I have an immune system.
    It works.
    It was trained in the real world when I was a kid and went to school, ate mud and worms, played in the gutter, got sent to play with the sick kids etc.
    Exactly the way it is evolved to do.
    If you fail to train it, you’ll become allergic to lots of stuff, because it becomes hyper-sensitive and switches to “inflame” mode instead of “attack” mode.

All anti-biotics and anti-virals mostly do is slow it down, and it’s up to my immune system to actually do its job and kill the invaders.

It’s all those knob-ends using “hand sanitiser” and “anti-bacterial soap” and all that crap – the ones with untrained immune systems – that are the problem. Weak arse pussies – you deserve to die from an infection if you regularly used the above products before this crap started, as you’re unfit for this world.

Fuck your masks, I’m not wearing one – full stop. Let alone for a virus that has killed less than 0.005% of the Aus population and well less than 0.3% of those infected, and even then the youngest dead in this now communist shit-hole was well over 55. It’s the fucking flu – a bad one, but just the flu.

48. Chris M

Mate, that’s grim. Like Pyongyang.

I would deadset go on a hunger strike. Absolutely refuse to eat or drink anything.

49. John Bayley

Pyrmonter, that masks do NOT work is NOT a myth. It is indisputable.

Here is an article from the Association of American Physicists and Surgeons, summarising multiple studies into that topic.
    Their conclusion was quite clear. Not only do masks not help, but in fact they may increase the chance of contracting the virus.

Their summary:

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection. Public health authorities define a significant exposure to Covid-19 as face-to-face contact within 6 feet with a patient with symptomatic Covid-19 that is sustained for at least a few minutes (and some say more than 10 minutes or even 30 minutes). The chance of catching Covid-19 from a passing interaction in a public space is therefore minimal. In many cases, the desire for widespread masking is a reflexive reaction to anxiety over the pandemic.”

If that’s not enough for you, here is another article, this time from the Center for Disease Control.
    Same conclusion.

“Although mechanistic studies support the potential effect of hand hygiene or face masks, evidence from 14 randomized controlled trials of these measures did not support a substantial effect on transmission of laboratory-confirmed influenza.”

You can relax, mate. You likely have a higher chance of drowning in your bath tub than of the ConVid virus.

50. Pedro the Loafer

Statist slag.

The only time I will willingly wear a mask is when I decide to stick up a 7-11.

(Banks or Armaguard trucks are too dangerous).

51. Pyrmonter

@ John Bayley

Agreed – it seems masks work. A bit. Not perfectly – they’re not a substitute for more complete protection, but they reduce infection transmission.

It’s not the first time I’ve written it here, and I am by no means original, but … if you believe Covid policy is a sort of Trojan horse for bad policy (personally, I don’t think it’s some grand strategy; but have noticed that once governments start doing things, it takes quite a bit to stop them from doing it, so that at best we’ll get stuck with a lot of ‘kludge’), it behoves all of us to do what we can to both protect those around us (by avoiding becoming unwitting, ‘non-symptomatic’ case) and our fellow-citizens, by reducing the chance that, if infected, we infect someone else.

52. Pyrmonter

(Sorry, misread John B’s comment. I disagree – see the NRO article. Which will no doubt be dismissed here as the work of Rino closet marxists)

…they reduce infection transmission

So why aren’t they mandatory every winter?

Seriously. Are pro-maskers really saying that up to 600,000 people die of the flu in some years and we could have saved maybe 200,000 of them?

54. Hay Stockard

FOAD you leftard attention seeking grief whore.

55. Frank

Cassie, you forgot Saint Jacinda of the Teeth.

And then there is donkey chompers herself, AOC.

56. Struth

This has a real East German vibe to me.

The products of years of marxist education and parents that could not have given a rats about what was going on in the schools.
    Doesn’t mean we don’t fight, even if we are going to lose.
    Keeping your sanity while bowing to this, and your logical mind is impossible unless you fight it.

Better what ever time you have left on this planet to be clear thinking and at peace with yourself.
    Trading your sanity for safety is not a good deal at all.

57. Megan

It’s a simple question, Colonel. If you wear a mask to save yourself and others from death and long term injury from COVID19 why are you still driving a car?

58. Mark M

Can it be any clearer?

Everything the UN does is for global governance.

Lima Agreement, Rio Declaration, Kyoto Protocol, Paris Agrrement all designed to destroy capitalist western nations.

U.N. Chief Guterres Calls for One Supreme Body of ‘Global Governance’

Speaking two years before the Paris climate conference, Yvo de Boer, former executive secretary of the UN climate convention, was more candid.
    “The only way that a 2015 agreement can achieve a 2-degree goal is to shut down the whole global economy,” he said.

… and, here we are.

Congratulations to folk who wear masks, but, do you throw it away every time you adjust/touch it after touching items/surfaces in Coles?
    If not, nice virtue signalling.
    There ain’t no Coles staff running around the local coles wiping and cleaning surfaces in ppe.

If not, nice virtue signalling.

The handwash stand at my local Woolies had no handwash and many floor staff were sans masks, last visit.
    They’re obviously taking it seriously, NOT!

Arky under a different handle?

When he was bloviating about “exponentials” and struth killing off punters at his venues, I mentioned the road toll.
    Electrocution nails a lot of sparkies annually – it must be up there as one of the chief on-the-job killers, but I wouldn’t mind betting suicides aren’t unrelated to the workplace, either, and certainly to enforced lockdowns and job losses.

61. Megan:

We have lost our collective minds!

I haven’t – not yet.
    But I’m about to lose my bloody temper.
    We’ve been looking for a vaccine for HIV for over thirty years, and these idiots reckon they will have one for the WZV by next year?
    More people have suicided over this debacle than have died from the bug.

62. John Bayley

Pyrmonter, I gave you the sources to multiple scientific studies by the so-called top experts.
    You choose to respond with a blog article.
    As the first quoted text from my post stated:
    “In many cases, the desire for widespread masking is a reflexive reaction to anxiety over the pandemic.”
    I mean no disrespect, but you seem to fit that description perfectly.
    JB

63. Pyrmonter

@ John

But even that link suggests the authors concerns are about the risks that masks may reduce other avoidance behaviours:

“Masks may confuse that message and give people a false sense of security. If masks had been the solution in Asia, shouldn’t they have stopped the pandemic before it spread elsewhere?”

The answer to the second question is probably like the capitalism in much of the west and the developing world: because it hasn’t been tried (or tried in a long time).

Are you suggesting the UK authorities who are now requiring masks on both the Underground and in shops are doing so with a view to spreading infection further?

@ Winston

We controlled HIV by the roll-out of avoidance and mitigation behaviours (and now, with what I believe are difficult but effective treatments).

@ egg

While it’s hard to work out how much is voluntary and how much is compelled, private avoidance behaviours – not frequenting cinemas, the theatre, busy shops etc – generally preceded government measures mandating distancing. Those measures are what will cost jobs, at least until the spread of Covid 19 is practically eliminated. The answer is concentrated, consistent suppression, which is possible – as shown everywhere in Australasia except Victoria.

64. John Bayley

Not at all. I’m not a conspiracy theorist.
    I think they are politicians and it’s all about ‘appearing to be doing something’.
    No different to our lot – see Victoria.

In that case, ‘science’ mostly just comes into it if it confirms that ‘we’re all gonna die’.
    See exhibit 1, called ‘Climate Change’.

Incidentally, there is now a veritable trove of evidence that this virus is mainly spread by feces, not by aerosols.
    So if you want to effectively limit the spread, frequent washing of hands with soap – not with alcohol-based swabs, which are largely useless – is the way to do it.

65. Shelley

Bugger off you elitist.

66. Shelley

“Roger
    #3512683, posted on July 14, 2020 at 3:14 pm
    This is why giving women the vote was a mistake.”

Cassie
    I’m beginning to agree with you Roger…and I’m a woman.

Cassie, you bet me to it!

67. The BigBlueCat

Facemasks of the right type need to be used properly in order to reduce the likelihood of virus transmission and needs to be used in conjunction with good hygiene practices. Merely mandating the use of facemasks without a comprehensive education program can be potentially as harmful as no facemasks at all – people touching facemasks with their hands can result in viral infection if the facemask has been exposed to the virus.

But in general terms, a disposable facemask replaced each day / exposure location (especially if the wearer frequents areas of close personal contact with others, like on a train) is probably better than nothing, but without a proper education program may not result in infection rates going down – we may still see an increase in infections because of facemask misuse.

Imagine someone sneezing near you, with infected droplets hitting the outside of the facemask – then touching the outside of the mask followed by touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Gross, I know, but unless people are aware of what they need to do, a facemask alone is not necessarily the answer.

Having said that, I will wear a new disposable facemask when I go shopping, and carry hand sanitiser.

68. Colonel Crispin Berka

Megan,

It’s a simple question, Colonel.

Yes, simple, and simplistic. I ignored it because it was an invalid analogy and was not the most important objection you raised. Your analogy is an attempt to prove hypocrisy, but even if that were to succeed it would still prove nothing about the topic actually under debate. Arguments by analogy are not as good as addressing the actual topic directly.

If you want to persist with it, okay, but you introduced the car analogy, so you have to define it clearly and defend it. You’ve done neither so far.
    What are wearing a mask in public and not wearing a mask in public analogous to in the car scenario? As soon as you try to be specific about the analogy, I’m sure you will see the way you phrased it initially just doesn’t make sense.

And to save a bit of time, I would just say that you know you are driving a car, and you can see other cars. You cannot see other people’s SARS-CoV-2, and you don’t even know if you are “driving” a SARS-CoV-2 around for at least 6 days. They are why the situations are totally different.
    The tiny amount of fatalities every year compared to number of passenger journeys is enough to show driving is safe enough. What exactly is the viral analogy to passenger journeys? You have to define the analogy better.