Open Forum: August 1, 2020

3,412 Responses to Open Forum: August 1, 2020

1 5 6 7 8 9 14

“epidemiological modelling”

Chicken entrails?

2. incoherent rambler

I know Sinc has asked us to be polite, but I would like send a big “fuck you very much” to Dan of the Dead.

3. Bundyrum

LL I aint posting your previous posts, you were the one continually mentioning the AFP.
    Denying is lying, go look yourself you sack of shit.
    Apologies to sacks of shit.

4. Rockdoctor

Haven’t seen a skinhead gang since the ’90’s in Melbourne. The fad died out long ago, think it reached it zenith with Romper Stomper. When was the last time they actually were under the clocks at Flinders st? I’d be more worried about being car jacked by gangs of no description in the burbs than those pesky right wingers…

5. Dr Faustus

Dictator Dan said that if a business is unable to transition to a ‘work from home’ scenario, then “the work just won’t get done”.

You can bet the house that the newly enriched Vic Public Service will transition seamlessly to working from home. The ‘work’, whatever that is, still won’t get done.

a number of posters think I am a sock for MV

Tell the blog Police to fuck off.

7. Cassie of Sydney

I feel sorry for Victorians going into Stage 4 lockdown…nobody deserves this.

8. incoherent rambler

I’m revolting.

9. MatrixTransform

Tell the blog Police to fuck off.

I’ve always thought of this place as more like a rodeo
    Barrel races
    calf tying
    bulls with their nuts in a vice

… and clowns

10. Speedbox

Not Uh oh
    #3532681, posted on August 2, 2020 at 5:17 pm
    Before you know it they’ll be digging escape tunnels under the Murray River. Time for the searchlights and dogs,. Woof woof.

Elements of the Victoria Dog Squad are already active on the border along with other mobile patrols and (apparently) utilising drones looking for illegal crossing by small boat.

11. Old School Conservative

I assume Andrew Bolt lives more than 5kms from the studio where he does his show 4 nights a week.
    I further assume he won’t be able to do his show from that studio.
    /sarc

12. Bundyrum

Cheers egg, there are some real fuckwits on this site now.
    I am thinking a lot of lefty trolls.

13. incoherent rambler

utilising drones looking for illegal crossing by small boat

Oh well. Good to see the female constables actually getting some work.

14. Siltstone

“We are all in this together” file

ALPBC reports one new China virus case in Queensland:
    The positive case was a returned traveller who recently returned from overseas and flew to Maroochydore from Sydney on Friday with Jetstar.”

Flew into Sydney. Did not quarantine in a hotel. Flew on to Queensland. Did not quarantine in a hotel
    How so?
    Because, like Kerry Stokes and Dannii Minogue, special. A consular official. In government eyes, certain public servants don’t get China virus and cannot spread it and don’t have to conform the rules for plebs (because special).

15. Cassie of Sydney

“But I do know for sure that Bolt still respects Dan for “fighting like hell to stop this virus””

The problem with Bolt is that he craves being liked by his enemies.

I am thinking a lot of lefty trolls.

Double spacing lines gives a lot of blowhard fuckwits away.

17. John A

miltonf #3532663, posted on August 2, 2020, at 5:07 pm

Here’s some shit from the H-S

Among the covidiots were:
    • A man who travelled from Thornbury to Werribee to get a haircut from his favourite barber;
    • A man who travelled from Bentleigh East to Sunbury for his favourite takeaway; and
    • A man who travelled from Melbourne to Ballarat twice to get some fresh air.

What poisonous little scolds these germalists are (thanks Cassie).

Any verification of these “incidents”? Any evidence that could stand up in court (and, yes, I know what you might be thinking about Vic courts)?

Mitch – He was having a fine time!

Sometimes the young Cafe Bruce magpies will play with a stick or a leaf, but they’re about the only resident species with the intelligence to do that.

I entertained a couple families today who emerged from a house whilst I was walking past after lunch. Adults, kids and dogs off for a walk themselves.

After a while they noticed that magpies kept landing in front of the guy with the hat. It became a bit of fun. 😀

We parted company as they went off down to the shore of the lake and I continued back to the Cafe.

19. Bundyrum

Cassie, that is the problem for all our politicians.

… and clowns

Rodeo clowns/blog Police.

21. MatrixTransform

eggy_,
    I still don’t get why yr so narky lately

My sincerest apologies bundyrum if you drew the inference that I was implying that you were Faulty.
    Anybody would be naturally very, very upset at any suggestion that they were Faulty.
    I know I would be and obviously you are too.
    Understandable.
    To be accused of being Faulty is an outrageous below-the-belt slur.
    Again, really sorry if you drew that conclusion.

23. Steve trickler

He’s a lying prick. With that said, I am open to the idea that someone has pointed a gun at his head. Do as your told. I could be wrong.

24. will

TPG also own AAPT and Soul and TransACT

I understood that TGP (TPG Telecom) has acquired Vodafone, although not sure how this was structured.

The other factor to consider (slightly longer term) what happens when NBN inevitably goes bankrupt?

The Bankruptcy Act (Cwlth) only applies to individuals, not companies. Providing that the NBN Co can cover their operational costs, should be all sweet. The original capital cost is just sunk costs courtesy of the taxpayers of Australia,

eggy_,
    I still don’t get why yr so narky lately

Humourless.
    Can’t take a yolk!!

From that Hydroxy study I posted previously:

Results: Six patients were asymptomatic, 22 had upper respiratory tract infection symptoms and eight had lower respiratory tract infection symptoms. Twenty cases were treated in this study and showed a significant reduction of the viral carriage at D6-post inclusion compared to controls, and much lower average carrying duration than reported in the litterature for untreated patients. Azithromycin added to hydroxychloroquine was significantly more efficient for virus elimination.

Conclusion: Despite its small sample size, our survey shows that hydroxychloroquine treatment is significantly associated with viral load reduction/disappearance in COVID-19 patients and its effect is reinforced by azithromycin.

There are now a plethora of studies confirming the efficacy of Hydroxy and 2 discredited studies opposing it. Yet it is banned in Australia.

27. MatrixTransform

Can’t take a yolk!!

…thinks all the clowns got outta the same mini

28. I’ve been up in the mountains all day.
    What have I missed?
    Any #Viccolyfe Updates from Dan?

For Mark and others like him, it’s business. They don’t care who or what you are — they are just trying to find your weakest point and get an emotional reaction from you. As a rule, they attack anyone who they view as outside the paradigm

“Pisstake”
    “Takedown”

30. I’m not proud to admit it, but I tried to do some burnouts today.
    Thank fk no one was filming.
    Just woeful.
    Hoonigan Cats, I need some tips!
    I can’t go to the strip with that embarrassing drag game.

I thought so too, Bruce. And then the adolescent butcherbird started mucking around with a dead cordyline leaf. Kept it amused for some time. The kookaburras are just destructive. One decided to declare war on a pot if escherverias and decapitated them, then went on to destroy some aloes. Shooing made no difference, so I put up a palisade of satay skewers to stop it from landing.

32. MatrixTransform

What have I missed?

Dan Andrews presser where he talked about some DPLBRLs

33. Rockdoctor

Yup, borders are closed apparently… From the comments one landed in PER as well.

You have to wonder if dual citizen Chinese are doing similar but not attracting the same attention.

Get a load of this facebook website linked in the article, lots of white lefties & entitled sub continentals acting all outraged…

34. On the menu tonight is Great Northern, Jamo&cokes, and vodka Breezers.
    And a joint or three.
    RDO tomoz

Humourless.

The richest of ironies, Dad joker.

Got your humourless threat to DrBG on the previous page.

…thinks all the clowns got outta the same mini

With Victorian number plates.

37. incoherent rambler

Can’t take a yolk!!

Hmmph. Privileged egg white!

38. Done Deal

Beijing’s man in oz, chairman dan, is doing a stirling job screwing the economy; wonder if it’s part of the B&R ‘initiative’ he signed up to ensure the environment is conducive to B&R aims.
    The panda himself certainly couldn’t do any better if had created the virus and got his fifth columnists, you know the ones that turn up at uni campusus to intimidate pro-HK students, themselves to salt the West with it, oh wait….

39. Dan Andrews presser where he talked about some DPLBRLs

Not possible!
    I didn’t see a jack wagon all day except at the Coldstream checkpoint. I was inbound so no worries.
    3 Pursuit Specials and two regular cars there.
    10 men, 12hr shifts?
    Haha.
    Plenty of OT for the jacks at the moment to hassle 7/10 toppies on the make. But none for radar duties.
    Gunner cruised by.
    *smokes*

40. Is this curfew for realz?
    #2020
    Lol
    Chaos is a Ladder h/t Littlefinger

Charming

Leigh Lowe
    #3421643, posted on April 20, 2020 at 11:08 pm
    DrBeauGan

#3421629, posted on April 20, 2020 at 10:54 pm

I am not aware of anyone here being party to fixing a jury.

I didn’t say that.

You kind of did.
    But whilst we are on your subject of “blind tribalism” my critiques of ABC judicial fixing go back 20 years, on this forum and others, long before witness J started making shit up.
    So, yeah, tribal.
    I have you pegged BG.
    If you think the relatively mild take-down of the Cruise Queen was something … I can do better.

Over to you.

42. MatrixTransform

Is this curfew for realz?

(vaccination) papers, bitte …

43. Mitch M.

Bruce of Newcastle
    #3532711, posted on August 2, 2020 at 5:33 pm
    Mitch – He was having a fine time!

Bruce I was feeding the magpies for a while and was intrigued by their different characters. The female was very aggressive, squawking at my feet and pinching the food out of my hand when I wasn’t watching. That annoyed me because one of the males had a damaged leg so I wanted to make sure he got a fair share but she kept pinching it. I had to feign throwing the meat to another place so she would run off there and then feed him. The three males were all a little different, with one reluctant to come too close and others happy to eat from my hand. They were obviously well fed from others around the neighborhood hence being prepared to eat out of my hand straight away.

44. incoherent rambler

Picture of Dan of the Dead taking advice from an expert.

Link

45. Speedbox

Tailgunner
    #3532724, posted on August 2, 2020 at 5:43 pm

I find that a bit hard to believe but ok, I’ll bite.

Auto or manual? 4, 6 or 8cyl? FWD, RWD or AWD?

46. Some History

Tailgunner
    #3532722, posted on August 2, 2020 at 5:41 pm
    I’ve been up in the mountains all day.
    What have I missed?
    Any #Viccolyfe Updates from Dan?

Not much. 🙂

47. Steve trickler

Tailgunner
    #3532724, posted on August 2, 2020 at 5:43 pm
    I’m not proud to admit it, but I tried to do some burnouts today.
    Thank fk no one was filming.
    Just woeful.
    Hoonigan Cats, I need some tips!
    I can’t go to the strip with that embarrassing drag game.

I reckon you filmed it. Show us the footage.

The man (Arky) is alive and growing mushies.

49. Nick

It’s interesting watching Andrews, who has deliberately shown himself to be acting separate from that of the Federal Government at all times. blame the Federal Government….

FMD, stan grant on the johns footy show; 3rd nations round I guess. Lockdowns in victoriastan, green and ruinable spending running amok and now this. The country is rooted.

51. Speedy, 6.0l, mild cam& headjob.
    475bhp at the tyres.
    Manual, natch.
    Rear tyres bald too.
    Not enough traction to smoke??

52. I didn’t, Steve.
    After some decent advice from old skool burnout men here, then I will for sure.

53. Cassie of Sydney

Daniel Andrews should resign. But even if were to resign…who would he hand over to? Victorian Labor is rotten to the core.

What about the market in high quality business connections where NBN simply isn’t good enough?

Nice point, but just how big is that market? Also again, they’re competing against big players too.

TPG owns PIPE Networks, giving them access to the direct Sydney to Guan fiber link PPC-1 … that’s not part of NBN and never will be. PIPE has also become the high-end component of the TPG portfolio selling fat links to the people who really happen to need that type of thing (not mum and dad watching movies).

And how big is this market segment?

TPG also installed a bunch of fiber-to-the-building links taking the initiative while NBN found it too difficult to negotiate with strata title management bodies. I believe TPG might still be somewhat ahead in that space.

That’s a positive.

TPG are slowly moving into mobile, although it isn’t quite their forte, but might be potential there. Of course, no one can beat Telstra quality in the Australian mobile space (if you want to pay Telstra rates) but there’s room for price competition. TPG will end up mucking around in the student and cheapskate market against Vodafone. Since NBN are not interested in mobile, this is not going to get too much government interference.

That’s just picking up a few cents on the sidewalk, but nothing major.

I don’t think it’s a question of NBN going bankrupt because the government won’t allow that to happen, The issue is when will the government take the hit on the books because the amount of capital invested will not be aware near the realizable value on sale. The sale, when it does happen will be an exchange of ownership and the market structure will not be allowed to change.

Clearly NBN is never going to be a self-sustaining profitable entity capable of paying back the massive investment costs of their fiber networks, so what happens then? Each future government must choose between more subsidy, or ultimate write-off. Will it get sold off, who will buy???

They can’t/ won’t write it off now because the government can’t take the additional hit. Things will just plod along.

Good, short video summary of the suppression of Hydroxy, a comparison between those nations taking it and their death rates compared with nations which have banned it. At this stage Australia and New Zealandistan seem to be outliers:

56. H B Bear

It seems that Victoriastanis have lost their sense of humour.

That bodes badly for the Melbournibad Comedy Festival and ALPBC2.

57. Steve trickler

Flipping through the gears in a manual.

58. Speedbox

Tailgunner
    #3532750, posted on August 2, 2020 at 6:05 pm

Wot? Are you shitting me? C’mon Tailgunner, you have got to be yanking my chain. I should be able to see the smoke from here in Brisbane.

475bhp at the wheels! And bald tyres! ok, just rev to 5,500, hold revs steady, side step the clutch, press harder on the accelerator, immediately move left foot to the brake pedal to stop/slow froward movement, smoke will fill cabin and surrounds, listen for rear tyres to ‘pop’. For added adventure, turn steering wheel to left or right to initiate drift.

Make sure you have spare tyres/wheels to fit so you can get home (or trailer home).

59. Matthew O’Malley” cannot produce ID while being driven from Reservoir/Richmond to Trentham to “learn hydraulics”.

Lol
    Antifa were doxxing me with street graffiti.
    Actual address.
    Come at me Colombo.
    🤣🤣🤣
    I’m like smoke, y’all never catch me.
    #counterintellyfe

60. Thanks Speedy, copied to my notes!
    Shameful I know, but I’m really new to the Hoonigan lyfe!
    Quick study, but
    😎

61. Yes, I’ll film something tomorrow somewhere.
    After curfew is lifted in the morning.
    👍🤙😕🔫🤡

62. 5500rpm…
    It has a rev cutout around 6k in first….

63. Yes,Steve, those deplorables have been hooning for decades, god bless them.
    I’ve gotta lot of catching up to do!
    #DPLRBL

64. 132andBush

The man (Arky) is alive and growing mushies.

Haha!
    Arky’s growing Victorians!

Calli – My personally awarded ( 🙂 ) gong for the day was to get a juvenile male grey butcherbird to accept food from my hand for the first time ever. I think he’s the son of this one, from the direction he comes from. He’s been sneaking in for a week or two. If dad catches him he’s toast. Grey butcherbirds are amazingly intelligent, so your story certainly fits my experience.

66. Geriatric Mayfly

Been some bitching at the water cooler.

A letter has been sent on Emma Alberici’s behalf to ABC management, detailing claims about unfair treatment by some of her colleagues.

67. And I won’t be doing burnouts if my Michelin Pilot Sport 4s tyres ever get released by the pyrates that hijacked the shipment from la belle France!

$380 a tyre. Too excy for that carry on.
    😕

68. jo

I want to join the Mincing Mongrels. I will write in code so the AFP do not know who may or not be in charge. Ree Rowe can you send me the membership papers. I am in the process off digging up the Mx5s in the back yard. Can’t remember where I buried them.

69. notafan

Dan ‘selfless’

Bizarre

The impact for him personally is minimal.

Other than spending a great deal more time with the family.

70. At least my ride has a cool name for when I appear at SummerNats and grab all the fkn sashes.
    #DPLRBL

71. jo

Cassie of Sydney
    #3532752, posted on August 2, 2020 at 6:09 pm

Wouldn’t be surprised if the CMMFEU get rid of him.

72. Steve trickler

All the best, Gunner.

73. When was the last time they actually were under the clocks at Flinders st

Good call, RD.
    They were always there when I was coming up.
    Walking by in our Writer/B-boy gear was always fraught.
    The psychos were no joke, BITD

74. Wouldn’t be surprised if the CMMFEU get rid of him.

Fkn Setka, fire up, xunt!
    6 week holiday?
    Lol, the Bois aren’t happy.
    I’m straight on the blower to my gay RE dude, Josh to give him the bad news.
    #RentStrike
    #ComevisitMelbourne

75. ULEGAL
    Epstein’s burnout car
    🤣🤣🤣

76. Cassie of Sydney

“Wouldn’t be surprised if the CMMFEU get rid of him.”

That would be poetic justice Jo.

77. Struth

Kept in the dark and fed bullshit.
    Victorians, we are all mushrooms now.

But it’s all coming to the rest of us.
    They have to spread this out for a fair while, once Melbourne is bedded down it’ll be , oh dear NSW, sorry a conservative let the virus in the bugger, hate to have to do this but, LOCK DOWN and CURFEW .
    You know, some people have died in an old folks home and we can’t have that.
    Then QLD…..Bunnings already requesting masks be worn so I won’t be going to Bunnings.
    So is Woolies I believe.
    We are being ruled by screaming hysterical, virtue signalling Karens and their tyrannical pollies that would not be there if women got booted back to the kitchen, with just enough rope for the laundry, and told not to venture out……………
    Hang on don’t get up me for saying that, you just got Dan to do it to you.
    And if you want to go out…….NO.

See what I’ve been saying boys, they don’t want freedom. they want to be subservient to a safety provider.
    They’ve just got themselves planted safely back into the home.
    And they are loving it, and with Masks the ugly chicks can really virtue signal on facebook.

78. Harlequin Decline

I don’t know if anyone has seen this, the Portland Fire Commissioner .

Viewer discretion advised.

To quote Jim Goad –

Portland is so committed to cross-species diversity that they appointed a horse who was burned to a crisp in a Bunsen burner mishap as their Fire Commissioner.

79. Barry

Under the Emergency Management Act 1986 (Victoria)
    If a state of disaster is declared (as it has been this evening), under (s 24)

(b) if it appears to the Minister that compliance by a government agency with an Act or subordinate instrument, which prescribes the functions powers duties and responsibilities of that agency, would inhibit response to or recovery from the disaster, declare that the operation of the whole or any part of that Act or subordinate instrument is suspended;

That is the Minister can direct any department to depart from ‘business as usual’ and can suspend any Act or regulation if compliance with that Act or regulation would inhibit the response to or recovery from the disaster. That is significant executive power vested in a single Minister.

So we will now see whether the Victorian Constitution Act or the Human Rights Act are subject to this provision.

80. notafan

Dan’s main fear factor seems to be untraceable cases.

Is that because people are refusing to provide pertinent information??

I thought they could use genomic contact tracing or can’t they keep up?

81. Top Ender

FLAT WHITE

Daniel Andrews’ state of disaster
    Charles Pier

A curfew from 8.00 pm to 5.00 am. A limit on travelling more than five kilometres from your home. An effective ban on travelling out for shopping, banking, a trip to the post office — or the pharmacy — more than once a day. A state of disaster, not just emergency, across the whole of Victoria.

These are just some of the measures announced by Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews just moments ago.

They would have been unthinkable even when the first lockdowns occurred in March. A curfew. It’s hard to comprehend. A curfew beginning at 8.00 pm in a city known for its nightlife, club culture and after hours dining.

We won’t hear further details about businesses and workplaces until tomorrow, the Victorian Premier says.

However, school is over for the senior students and few others now attending classrooms.

And this is where we really start to see the magnitude of the disaster.

We have heard so much about tracking and tracing, of failures of isolation and quarantine. The vast amount of this has been government disaster, though there has also been a disastrous lack of personal responsibility that has compounded the problem.

We know about the economic disaster (although can only guess how it will be compounded tomorrow). We know about the disaster for liberty. We know of the mental health disaster; of the humanitarian and sheer moral disaster of elderly people not only dying alone in their nursing home beds, but being left there for hours.

But what about the disaster of final year school students who will now effectively lose at least two of the four most important terms of their educations. What about students at all year levels, who have suffered similarly.

Are they going to be allowed the opportunity to repeat the wildly disrupted learning of this tragic year; learning disrupted not just by being forced away from school but by parents ill-equipped to act as surrogate teachers, the inadequacy of remote classes — and the all too obvious stress and anxiety students younger than mid-teens simply will have been unable to identify and express, compounding all their worries and fears.

Victoria has become a place where the old die alone in fear, children struggle with unprecedented times and unfamiliar emotions in just the same state — and adults grapple with even heavier day to day burdens and demands as they face new fears over their lives, livelihoods and loved one.

The state of disaster in Victoria is as much personal as economic — yet economic woes will only compound it.

And forget all the big rail and road and infrastructure projects. This will be Daniel Andrews legacy: a state of disaster.

The Spectator

82. Hey, Leigh Lowe, is it time to fightback yet?
    Or do we wait til we’re in the re-education camp and then begin?
    Just curious!

83. notafan

Has construction work been suspended?

I thought Dan was having that fireside chat tomorrow.

84. Get in here and defend the Curfew.
    #submission
    #cucklyfe

85. Yes, nota, we’re done.
    *Unofficial*

So is Woolies I believe.

Only in Logan.

Take a Bex & have a good lie down , Struth.

87. notafan

There’s nothing to defend gunner.

It’s everything that’s stupid because Dan is not for turning.

88. notafan

There’s still going to be holes in that tapestry.

Urgent house repairs, for example.

89. MatrixTransform

I wonder if they’ve done a Cost Benefit Analysis ?

Tel

I don’t get it. you mentioned earlier TPG has been listed on the ASX.

I went to one of my brokers sites and they had this:

As of 18July 2020, Credit Suisse has ceased coverage of TPG Telecom (TPM.AX) following the merger with Vodafone Hutchison Australia and its removal from the official list of the ASX with effect from close of trading on Tuesday, 14 July 2020.Effective with thistermination of coverage, our final rating (NEUTRAL), target price (A$7.80/share) and estimates for TPG Telecom are no longer in effect.

So TPG merged with Vodafone Hutchison?

Can you clarify.

This will be Daniel Andrews legacy: a state of disaster.

Looking on the bright side, at least they’ve found their next numberplate slogan.

92. P

Hey Struth, I was just reading a comment over at the conservativetreehouse and throught of you:

Here:

FL_GUY says:
    August 2, 2020 at 3:44 am

93. Cassie of Sydney

“But it’s all coming to the rest of us.”

Who knows…but I went to Woolworths today and it was crowded. Most people weren’t wearing a mask…..some elderly people did..but they were very much the minority.

94. Yeah, but I want Leigh to disavow what little resistance has been shown. Again.
    Just for Cat posterity.
    Life comes at you Fast!
    #Viccolyfe

95. Gab

Dan the Virus Man declares Victoria ”a state of disaster”. Yes, it has been for some time now, Dan. Glad you finally recognised it.

also, this should be our new number plate logo.

I don’t know if anyone has seen this, the Portland Fire Commissioner .

If true that would explain a ot.

97. Struth

Only in Logan.

Take a Bex & have a good lie down , Struth.

Logan is in QLD.
    I’m fucking seething.
    Hey, if you want to bend over, go ahead.
    Now show me where this fucking idiotic notion you have that a state is sovereign and not under the constitution.
    I’m seething about the whole thing.
    If your calm your fucking insane.

98. notafan

Did you go to the unmask gathering in Cranbourne last night gunner?

99. kaysee

Helen
    #3531329, posted on August 1, 2020 at 4:12 pm

It is not just town professionals. In the farming game I am told I have to overpay staff by 20% or more to subsidise them to come here – what? I want someone here because they love it not because they think it is a trial.

Hence my sponsoring a South African farmer and his family – someone who loves the land and is glad to be here. Visas applied for in early Jan, still waiting.

Helen, I am offering you the Honorary Catallaction Club Membership 🙂 (which can of course, be rejected/declined/ignored ……. after all, we live in a free catallaxy world.)

This membership is offered to Cats whose actions are along the lines of what the club is about: doing what we can (worth two copper coins or a million dollars), as individuals or as a group, to make a change for the better.

Reading your story – love for the land – and helping a family who shares that love, and is prepared to work hard.
    I like it.
    I hope the South African farmer and his family arrive soon.

100. Cassie of Sydney

“This will be Daniel Andrews legacy: a state of disaster.”

And the Belt and Road.

101. pete m

A curfew ROFL – East Germany was less draconian!

102. Bend the knee?
    Lol
    Get fucked, xunt.
    #GhostsofTobruk

103. Gab

104. 132andBush

Yeah, in the shape of a mushroom cloud.
    Two meanings in one.

105. herodotus

The virus isn’t brought into Victorian aged care homes by “the commonwealth”.
    It is and will remain a state based service on a day-to-day basis.

So TPG merged with Vodafone Hutchison?

JC – Yeah they did. ACCC was unhappy for a while but eventually let the merger through.
    Having three big telcos is no bad thing, IMHO, even though I have a bunch of Telstra shares.

107. notafan

Exactly Herodotus.

Dan has no problemd issuing new orders regrading nursing homes when it suits him.

108. Eyrie

Members of The Resistance in Viccostan – OK we need a better title – Sons and Daughters of Eureka, enlist the children – Simon Jester made me do it. A small oblong, long side horizontal with a vertical and horizontal bar in the middle should be appearing as graffiti everywhere in Vicco.

109. Cassie of Sydney

“Never forget, Vic was quite stable for a few weeks and then Dan allowed the BLM protest to go ahead.”

And he, his government and health department turned a blind eye to the Ramadamdingdong gatherings.

110. No, nota, I was entertaining a lady if loose morals for the evening.
    And again this morning.
    But the nationalists are gathering, even without my energy.
    I’ll be there next time. For sure.
    And imma bring the Bois from work.
    You should get y’all freedom loving Christian soldiers down too.
    #Resist

111. Cassie of Sydney

“herodotus
    #3532820, posted on August 2, 2020 at 6:51 pm
    The virus isn’t brought into Victorian aged care homes by “the commonwealth”.
    It is and will remain a state based service on a day-to-day basis.”

112. herodotus

Quite so, Gab, The left are equally keen to deny BLM rally/riot as a vector while they also obfuscate over HCQ, for political reasons. One cartoon in Week In Pictures dealt with it very well.
    Woman to doctor: “When will this COVID-19 crisis be over?”
    Doctor: I can’t say, since I don’t get involved in politics.”

113. notafan

I do my own thing gunner.

I wonder?

UNITED NATIONS COMPENSATION COMMISSION
    United Nations Plaza, Room DC1-1330
    New York, NY 10017 USA
    Tel: +1-732-482-9321

Ref: Your Long Overdue Compensation Fund

Attention Beneficiary,

Should I give them the following?

1. Full Names:
    2. Gender:
    3. Nationality:
    4. Occupation:
    5. Postal Address:
    6. Residential Address:
    7. Telephone Number:
    8. Mobile Number:
    9. Marital Status:
    10. Age:
    11. Alternative E-mail ID:
    12. Copy of any identification document

115. Eyrie – go to a stationer before the Shutdown and stock up on robust markers.
    Agit prop is a force multiplier.
    And, fuck, we need to use what we got at this point.
    AltRight Graff.
    Low risk& effective.
    Eyeballs. Minds.
    Meme warfare.
    🤙
    Fight, you bastards!

116. EvilElvis

After some decent advice from old skool burnout men here, then I will for sure.

I concur with Speedboxs advice above. Do that a few times then get serious by cracking second, get those tires toasty first though, then get the rears really going and the party will be started.

117. Speedbox

Tailgunner
    #3532765, posted on August 2, 2020 at 6:21 pm
    5500rpm…
    It has a rev cutout around 6k in first….

Even better. Just feed it up to 6,000 and let it bang away on the limiter.

118. Eyrie

GhostsofTobruk

Love it, Gunner.

119. 132andBush

Gab
    #3532818, posted on August 2, 2020 at 6:50 pm

Exactly.
    Nothing makes sense after that, and they wonder why people are “not following the rules”.

120. EvilElvis

Gunner, you can’t baby the DPLRBLs!

*Liberty quote.

121. Struth

This P?

This SCAMdemic has been planned for years and is an international plot because the Globullists behind it have their tentacles everywhere.

The Globullists have crowned themselves the the new royalty and have been working for decades to come up with ways to control their subjects; which is everybody but them; technology has been their force multiplyer. The USA is against royalty and is thus, the number one target for destruction. What we are seeing now is the implementation using the SCAMdemic as a cover.

Basically, the D-rats and some Rs have shredded the US Constitution in the name of the SCAMdemic. It is unfolding like the NAZIs plan to take over Germany., They are lying about the deaths and case numbers from C-19, the media-rats are constantly pumping out propaganda to promote fear while at the same time, silencing and censoring any medical professional or researcher that tries to tell the truth, e.g. NO ONE has to die of C-19 and there are effective treatments.

These EVIL people have accounted for a lot of unnecessary deaths, but despite their best efforts, e.g. infecting nursing homes in the D-rat controlled states, just not as many deaths has they’d hoped. So, rather than a pandemic, they have been running a SCAMdemic using the media-rat propaganda. Believe me, if we were really in a pandemic, such as the Spanish Flu pandemic of the winter of 1917-1918, we would not have to be told we were in a pandemic, we would know. by the excessive death toll in the community (I haven’t heard of any mass graves, have you?). Yet, so few people are dying, they have to LIE about the deaths by hiding the average deaths in a given community in previous years while attributing just about every cause of death to the C-19. They would not have to fabricate deaths in a real pandemic with a high fatality rate. Even so, the real death toll is low, way below a pandemic level

With this SCAMdemic, we are getting first hand experience, particularly those of you in a D-rat controlled state, of a communist dictatorship. Even the tactic of civil riots and destruction of properly along with ratting out your neighbors for not wearing the “mask of submission” which has morphed from a mask to a “face covering”, sort of like Globull Warming morphed into climate “change” when they didn’t get the results they desired. The SAME damn people behind the climate “change” fraud are behind the SCAMdemic, IMHO.

Sadly, too many people are wearing the useless “mask of submission”. I myself have never worn one and will not; I have my Medical Mask Exemption t-shirt and am ready in case I get challenged but haven’t so far. Fortunately, I live in a state that did not make a state wide mandate for the stupid mask so it’s easier to get by unlike you people in the D-rat dictatorships. And they ARE dictatorships because they do not represent the will of the people.

We have seen from all that has gone on that a very small group of people can cause a great deal of damage and death if they are not stopped. We should have learned this from NAZI Germany. The NAZI party was small but they wormed their way in to positions of power and, with small incremental steps that no one thought much about, eventually shredded the German Constitution and ended freedom in Germany while killing 100s of thousands of honest German citizens in the process. Then of course, all the MILLIONS of people that died from the resulting war. All because the “silent majority” stayed apathetic and silent which let the cancer of the NAZI party grow.

When a small group of politicians and a mob of a few dozen people can destroy a city of hundreds of thousands of people, like Portland for instance, there is something very, very wrong. For the last 30-40 years, people have been brainwashed to be helpless which is necessary for the Globullists to take over.

So, do we do nothing and let them get away with it? (Which will make them stronger and lead to further destruction of our freedom) Or fight back in every way we can think to do. Apathy is easy in the beginning (it’s just a face “covering”) but fatal in the long run. Just look at history. JMHO

I’d agree with most of it.
    I don’t think the plandemic has been planned for years, just they got desperate when Trump couldn’t be impeached and kept winning.
    Global Warming had been going on too long and their predictions were therefore being shown to be the bullshit they always have been.

They need to get rid of him and when they couldn’t they attacked before he win back too much.
    Another year too many in the states may have woken up and changed their brainwashed thinking.

But it’s nice to know that there are others out there thinking clearly.

122. old bloke

Tel
    #3532403, posted on August 2, 2020 at 2:45 pm

Recent listing from TPG Telecom on the ASX.

What do you guys think? Still a bit volatile, but they do a good job at selling affordable ADSL to ordinary working class Australians … must be some value in that.

I’m a bit late in responding Tel, but TPG are more than ADSL providers. They recently purchased iiNet, the second largest ISP business in Australia, which now makes TPG the second largest internet provider in Australia, after Big Pond. I’ve heard that they are having some dealings with Vodaphone, so it looks like they are expanding into the whole, broader telecom market.

123. A physical gathering of 50?
    Lol
    Everyone is going under for 4 hours.
    Plus big $$ fines?
    The clothing of the pedo worshippers.
    Camouflage?
    #silverbullet
    #Alinsky

Cronkite, was it you or Trades Hall that brought up the Henry Ford clinic Hydro study? Whichever one of you it was… well lets not distinguish as you’re both mutton heads. I think it was both you two idiots anyway. The study proved zlich for hydro. The reason the study used hydro in combination with a steroid, which is now widely used (the steroid) and there are claims the use (of the steroid) reduces the death toll by 50%.

There’s another problem with the study. The research was done using hospitalized cases, while the wider claims about the benefits in using hydro applies when the hydro is administered early on – before hospitalization.

Luckily, I’m very thorough and won’t allow anything to get through the bullshit detectors. You two deserve a clip over the ears for peddling highly emotional, drama queen nonsense.

Hydro maybe effective and should be used at the beginning of the China bug. Even though there’s no gold standard science the risk reward is pretty decent.

125. Great stuff, Elvis&Speedy.
    Appreciated!
    I’m using you guys instead of YouTube hoons.
    I’ll film it.
    If I blow it, everyone will know who to blame.
    🤣

126. woolfe

So have the ViCoids managed to track down the source of the outbreak? Is it only in certain communities? Are beards or black letter boxes involved, though of course any group in this democratic is immediately given a free pass.

127. Rockdoctor

Went to Bunnings in Singleton & Maitland over the weekend. Was in at multiple times Colesworths & IGA’s from Lake Mac to Singleton as well. Only ones wearing masks are the staff at moment and only at Colesworths. However all the signs are Colesworths would love to foist masks on to us but won’t go that far without Government backing, only say 2 customers all weekend in masks.

No panic buying evident yet either.

128. P

But it’s nice to know that there are others out there thinking clearly.

That is the comment Struth.

129. Eyrie

I’m in Toowoomba, Gunner. Can’t help yet but I think it will come to that here. Some git was allowed to come here and home quarantine because consular immunity. Fvck!
    The governments aren’t serious. This is all bullshit.

130. kaysee

Tintarella di Luna
    #3531350, posted on August 1, 2020 at 4:52 pm

The medical graduates, the teachers and the dentists and nurses mostly graduate with a huge debt could be offered a complete wiping of their debt after 5 years in regional Australia. That might work but would it ever happen?

How is it that those paid to find answers to problems, cannot see this as a solution that would work? There would be many graduates who would be happy to exchange city life for the regional areas, if they did not have the burden of that debt hanging over their heads.

If there were incentives offered, there would be experienced professionals too, happy to move to a quieter lifestyle.

131. EvilElvis

For Christ’s sake Gunner! We used to do it in bloody Escorts and Datsuns mate. The engine in them wouldn’t start your car! 😁

132. Harlequin Decline

Cohenite,

Hard to believe but I think the Portland Fire Commissioner is as she appears in the previous photo.

133. Never forget, Vic was quite stable for a few weeks and then Dan allowed the BLM protest to go ahead. And two weeks later, the numbers started to increase.

Bill Thompson, get in here.
    Get on Dan with this question please.
    I’ll come down and hold the mic or something.
    No MAGA hat

Thanks Bruce.

I think the way Tel introduced the topic may have implied TPG was an IPO and it wasn’t.

135. Eyrie

Modification: the internal lines don’t touch the oblong and are discontinuous in the middle. For us, the Stars have gone out.

136. Speedbox

By the way ‘gunner, when the rear tyres pop, immediately take your foot off the gas ’cause the rear wheels are now flailing shredded rubber within the wheel arches. This can cause significant underbody or wheel arch damage (plus totally f*ck the rims).

137. Doesn’t matter where you are, Eyrie.
    This is a Nationalist Straya strategy.
    The shutdowns are coming to Toowoomba too, mates!
    Get ready!
    We all have to fight.
    No one else gonna play.
    H/t Omar

138. EvilElvis

At this point you stop stressing about your containerised Michelin’s…😂

Seriously, how many times does Ghost Riders’ vid need to be posted here? I’m pretty certain everyone has see the vids 30 times over now.

the Henry Ford clinic Hydro study

Stop stream of consciousnessing head prefect. Hydroxy is a goer when used with azithromycin. Actually the Henry Ford study is the only one I haven’t linked to. Pay attention.

141. Besides, Nmbrs will have to walk by it, or at least his mrs will(and report back).
    Somewhere prominent near Colesworths sounds perfect.
    Too easy, Bois

Tailgunner

#3532790, posted on August 2, 2020 at 6:41 pm

Hey, Leigh Lowe, is it time to fightback yet?

You assume I am not fighting back in my own way?
    Posturing here is fairly useless except, as Cardimona says, for the distribution of information.
    And, blockade dodging is reasonably entertaining, but did you think you shifted the needle very much?
    I try to use Soshul Meeja to wind it up but I am not going to cut and paste that stuff here for obvious reasons.

A man should always carry a pocket knife …
    Ya never know when it might come in handy:

144. At this point you stop stressing about your containerised Michelin’s…😂

Lol, I need new rubber bad, though!
    The rears are cactus. Good slicks on the twisties though. In dry conditions.
    Went pretty well today.

145. Gab

I’ll come down and hold the mic or something.
    No MAGA hat

Wimp.

Cronkite

It sounds like the steroid works really well on the hospitalised. Henry Ford strongly indicates that.

I think hydro works at the beginning – beyond that and the virus overpowers it.

147. Farmer Gez

Spain 31st July – 3092 Covid cases – 2 deaths.

The virus is telling us something but big ears can’t hear.

148. thefrollickingmole

Gunner.
    Bloke I knew back in the old days had his tricked out falcon at the speedway all the time.
    Best circle work chap I ever saw.
    His secret?
    He worked at beaurepairs and kept a half a dozen baldies on rims to flog around with all scavenged from his job.
    Spent an enormous amount of time tweaking his machine though.

149. You assume I am not fighting back in my own way?

Excellent. That’s a start!
    👍👍👍
    #resist
    Everyone thought I was tripping with my early MadMax calls.
    Hehe, look at the state of it now!
    #cassandralyfe
    #constantinemissingeverything

JC

#3532866, posted on August 2, 2020 at 7:09 pm

Seriously, how many times does Ghost Riders’ vid need to be posted here?

Steady on JC.

Is membership restricted? How does one qualify?

There was a similar scheme trialed in Western Australia a few years ago – Gen Snowflake graduated from University, then sat down and bawled that they had only signed up to “get into medicine” and no – one had the right to tell them where to live. Certain rural dwelling Western Australians replied that if they didn’t want to live in the regions, we didn’t want them there, and the whole scheme quietly fizzled out.

153. notafan

Exactly LL.

Just sent a polite letter to my state member (LNP) with copies to family members asking them to send their own to their local member.

154. Cassie of Sydney

“Ghost Riders is the club theme song of the Magnificat Malicious Mincing Mongrels (Southern Division).”

Have you designed the flag yet?

155. blockade dodging is reasonably entertaining, but did you think you shifted the needle very much?

I reckon showing my handsome face in public at all times has a subtle effect on many.
    Hard putting your head up, but we have to do whatever is possible to resist.
    Casualties of war.
    Didja think it was gonna be without sacrifice?
    Some of us are gonna get schwacked.
    Probably me.
    Hehe
    Bring it
    #resist

Coronavirus: Self-employed, quarantiners, and Victorians with reduced pay to get access to Jobseeker welfare

Richard Ferguson
    Reporter
    @RichAFerguson
    24 minutes ago August 2, 2020
    No Comments

Victorians in coronavirus lockdown will have expanded access to welfare benefits and crisis payments — and they will not be obligated to search for a job.

Under a new scheme devised by the Morrison government, Victorian JobSeeker applicants will not have to be unemployed to receive the $1100-a-fortnight payment.

The self-employed, people in quarantine without paid leave or income protection insurance, and workers with reduced hours of pay will now be eligible for dole payments.

Jobs Minister Michaelia Cash said on Sunday that asset tests would be waived until late next month and Victorians would be exempt from mutual-obligation job searches — which will come back into effect for JobSeeker recipients in other states — until further notice.

“No Victorian will face financial penalties during this time,” she said.

“However, job seekers are encouraged to remain connected with their employment service providers to ensure they are supported to access the full range of assistance including mental health services, if required.”

Gab, I firmly believe the Melbourne spike was caused directly by those gatherings. The official line today is that 200+ infections cannot be traced to any community source. That is total bullshit.

158. William the Conjuror

Shown to be not linked. Long ago.

“We are aware of six confirmed cases who attended the Black Lives Matter protest,” the department said. “Currently there is no evidence to suggest they acquired the virus from the protest.

“None of these cases are known to reside at a major public housing complex. Currently no known nor suspected episodes of transmission occurred at the protest itself.”

Should I give them the following?

Hehe! There seems to be a pick up in the efforts of the phishers lately. Many more emails from “Paypal” and “Bunnings” to the two email addresses of mine they’ve found, but nothing to the other two addresses. Maybe the virus panic is getting them more success?

C.L.

#3532872, posted on August 2, 2020 at 7:12 pm

A man should always carry a pocket knife …
    Ya never know when it might come in handy:

A lesson in video editing CL.
    Imagine if Mr Red-Shirt was wearing a MAGA cap.
    Imagine they showed the first 15 seconds of the vid and said the rest was “too graphic”.
    Mr Red-Shirt would have his house burned down before the end of the day.

161. notafan

JC

You’d be pre qualified for membership.

Ironed jeans and all that.

162. Struth

I do my own thing gunner.

Denialism.

The deaths that have come from this tyranny already larger in number than the lives taken by this minor cold.
    The human misery and lives that we will continue to lose over this government action will make the rona look like the nothing burger it is.

And those lives won’t be on my hands, but the person who called me a Nanna killer and asked me how many old people dying am I willing to kill to keep my gigs, will by her support for tyranny, actually have to live with the fact that not only did she support tyranny at the start, but screamed at those against it, the actual amount of human suffering and death she supported we’ll never know.
    Not only that, the very worst thing, instead of thinking, holy cow, I’m shitting myself here, I’ll shut up and try to let men deal with it, she had the arrogance to yell and scream at men who keep clearer heads at these times.
    Now the same thing Nota did, was done by millions of women around Australia and many women worse than Nota are still screaming.
    And of course we have the apathetic sneering men in their millions.
    The “what do you think that will achieve” crowd.
    If we don’t calm down our nation of screaming Karens, very quickly, we’re, to use a technical term, Fucked.
    And yet Nota shows us now with most posts, she’s lost it.

This is what happens when men relinquish their duties of being men.
    Our women are screaming banshees, and want the destruction of a civilisation that was built by men they don’t respect and don’t feel secure with.

The scheme has not fizzled out Ronery . Stop putting your own slap dash opinion to stuff you don’t know nor understand. The scheme, as you call it, is national. If a kid dips into the government coffers For assistance during med school, s/he can be posted anywhere around the country (nationally). If the kid later refuses it can mean no placing anywhere and government is refunded via the ATO.

Stick to your strengths, boasting about dividends you never received and touretting.

164. Mark A #3532835, posted on August 2, 2020 at 6:56 pm

I wonder?

UNITED NATIONS COMPENSATION COMMISSION

They should just rebrand as the BLM Repatriation Trust.

They could make money from both sides!

165. notafan

Oh yes my letter madezero reference to sovereign constitutions.

Not my area of expertise.

Not that I have any.

Not even about cowbells.

166. There was a similar scheme trialed in Western Australia a few years ago – Gen Snowflake graduated from University, then sat down and bawled that they had only signed up to “get into medicine” and no – one had the right to tell them where to live.

You’re not being told where to live, or where to practise medicine.
    Practise it in a glass-fronted surgery on Cottesloe Beach if you like, or at Bondi, or Gold Coast, however your Medicare Provider Number will be paid only on consultations you carry out in the shires of…… [insert horrific rural locations]….

Simple.

Oh, Stylo …

SM3 – One of my favourites.
    Btw, Die Hard is on 7mate at 8:30pm.
    It’s Christmas in August!

168. Makka

I think hydro works at the beginning – beyond that and the virus overpowers it.

Think again numpty;

DETROIT – Treatment with hydroxychloroquine cut the death rate significantly in sick patients hospitalized with COVID-19 – and without heart-related side-effects, according to a new study published by Henry Ford Health System.

169. Stimpson J. Cat

Ahem.

Of course you mean White Women.
    Too much reading and too many birth control pills shrinking their hypothalamus, you see.
    Ethnic Women haven’t lost their way.
    I have faith in them.

😁

Dumb and dumber is a franchise now?

171. Gab

This virus in Melbourne is being spread by possums. We must cull them.

172. P

Eddie Jaku on The Project – beautiful.

Seriously, how many times does Ghost Riders’ vid need to be posted here?

There’s an Australian version of the story with localized lyrics.

174. Spurgeon Monkfish III

LOL – are there enough face nappies on the planet?

LIVE: MORONAVIRUS CRISIS
    Victoriastan enters state of disaster, Stage 4 lockdown on

Stage 4 restrictions have been triggered in Mosquebourne and Victoriastan will enter a ‘state of disaster’ tonight, as state records seven new deaths and 671 new cases.

Example.
    A woman from H&M Northland tested positive after attending the BLM march.
    Shortly after, one “cluster” buried in the bowels of the Elf Department Big Website was identified as “H&M Northland cluster”.
    Coincidence?
    That cluster grew to, I think, 20 or 30 people.
    OK.
    So she infected 20 or 30 people in the shop but there is no chance she infected anyone at the BLM march?

Trades

If that’s the Henry Ford clinic study, hydro was used with the steroid combo. Look it up and then come back and apologise.

The study is useless for reaching conclusions about hydro on its own.

Lastly, I don’t know why you’re even heading in this direction. Hydro has been pumped for use at the beginning of the illness as it’s supposed to work well then.

Silence please.

177. Cardimona

Gunner, BITD I shit-bombed a Mini.
    Had a dual-throat Dellorto carbie that intruded into the cabin (had to move the speedo out of the way).
    The induction noise (Ramflo filter) was awesome.
    Could smoke the fronts in first, second and third – with the handbrake on the rears.
    I used to take off in reverse, hit the handbrake momentarily, swap to first and do backwards circlework.

178. Makka

RETRACTED by Lancet (found to be bullshit funded by Big Pharma)

RETRACTED: Hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine with or without a macrolide for treatment of COVID-19: a multinational registry analysis

Interpretation
    We were unable to confirm a benefit of hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine, when used alone or with a macrolide, on in-hospital outcomes for COVID-19. Each of these drug regimens was associated with decreased in-hospital survival and an increased frequency of ventricular arrhythmias when used for treatment of COVID-19.

179. Pedro the Loafer

BLM crowds in Melbourne and the upswing in chunk virus cases.

Oh, that’s all right then.
    I totally believe them. They are from the government and they are here to help.

This virus in Melbourne is being spread by possums. We must cull them.

🙂
    By squirrels in WA, though, according to IT.

181. Spurgeon Monkfish III

I thought Victoriastan was always a “state of disaster”.

Stupid stinky collectivist nongs.

Trades

The Ford clinic study is useless for the reasons I mentioned. Put the shovel down.

183. JC, are you going to resist?
    Just go buy some smokes and always smoke, but never wear a mask, in public.
    Or carry your vape thing in your hand.

184. the Department of Health and Human Services told Seven News, and any other journalists who asked for clarification, that there was no evidence linking the two.

Would this be the same Dept of Health & Human Svcs that has absolutely no idea where is the point of origin for about half their cases?
    But they know it isn’t the BLM marches?

Sure.

185. Makka

Do your research numpty, instead of mouthing off and pretending. Shilling for Big Pharma won’t fly.

186. used to take off in reverse, hit the handbrake momentarily, swap to first and do backwards circlework.

Lol, I did that in a hire car in NZ once!

187. notafan

That was very funny Gab.

Never miss an opportunity to demand a possum cull.

After all, they are in ‘plague’ numbers.

188. Struth

Seven deaths, never a name, never a human story, ever, from the MSM.
    Never a tale of tragedy that would push their cause, so why not?

No weeping piano, while pulling tears from the relatives.
    How the dead was such a pillar of the community, blah blah.

Never a story. Never.

Lol

Gunner it’s not worth it. I went for coffee the other morn and I honestly forgot the mask. A Karen pointed it out to me.

You just end up in street arguments.

190. And, no, I’m not gonna troll workers at any business if I get asked to cover my face.
    That’s women’s work.

This virus in Melbourne is being spread by possums.

Fruitbats? It’s bat crud. The WIP told me so.

My understanding is that they did complete their merger with Vodafone, and if you check the Vodafone website they list themselves as part of TPG.

About TPG Telecom Limited

TPG Telecom Limited, formerly Vodafone Hutchison Australia, is an Australian telecommunications company providing mobile and fixed broadband services. TPG Telecom’s 4G mobile network covers more than 22 million Australians, and the company has commenced the rollout of its 5G mobile network. TPG Telecom’s nbn™ fixed broadband services are available in capital cities and selected regional centres.

Vodafone Hutchison Australia and TPG Telecom announced plans for a merger in August 2018. The two leading telecommunications companies are highly complementary in mobile and fixed broadband sectors, and on 13 July 2020 the two will come together to establish a new fully-integrated telecommunications company.

The merger of the two companies brings together leading talent in Australia’s mobile and fixed broadband sectors. It will also accelerate the benefits of the substantial network investments made by both companies. The new TPG Telecom will be better able to invest in next generation mobile and fixed networks and will drive innovation, service and product improvements to benefit Australian customers.

TPG Telecom will operate a number of leading mobile and internet providers including Vodafone, TPG, iiNet, AAPT, Internode and Lebara.

On 29 June 2020, Vodafone Hutchison Australia changed its name to TPG Telecom Limited, and on 30 June 2020 was listed on the Australian Securities Exchange under the code “TPG”. On 13 July 2020, the implementation of the merger will be complete.

So yeah, it’s a thing.

Buy it … or not buy it???

193. You’re such a conservative,JC.
    Alright, you stick to the Soros-style fundraising then please.
    The revolution needs cash to advance!

Trades

I did. I read the Ford study that you posted and immediately realised it as invalid for the reasons mentioned.

Stop doing this shit. You keep posting links that you either haven’t read or negate your point. It’s getting annoying. I’m annoyed.

WTF are you babbling about. The study was a controlled study comparing Hydroxy alone, Hydroxy with Azithromycin against neither. Here is the conclusion:

Hydroxychloroquine provided a 66% hazard ratio reduction, and hydroxychloroquine + azithromycin 71% compared to neither treatment (p < 0.001).

I think hydro works at the beginning – beyond that and the virus overpowers it.

Possibly.

196. Gab

I’m thinking of buying a burka and going wherever I want to in Melbourne.

#Invincible

197. Imagine Stimpy in a surgical mask at the shops.
    A surgical Hannibal Lecter.
    In denim shorts.

198. Struth

Mrs Struth would call that parallel parking.

Actually we used to do that on the beach, not so bad on the tires.
    Sand getting into the 750 double pumper Holly was always a problem.

199. Why people were moving to Joh Qld in significant numbers,

That was because of Jeff Kennett’s flensing of the Victorian public service.
    He sacked teachers and nurses at a great rate.
    Thousands (literally) moved up here.
    I worked with a number of ex-Vic teachers.
    You had to be careful not to mention Kennett in their presence.

while people are leaving contemporary Victoria

That might have something to do with a virus.
    You know the one – apparently (if you believe this blog) it’s a dastardly left wing conspiracy.

200. LOL

Mark

Tell the your name is Scott Morrison.

I strung along a fake marriage/romance advance fee scam one for a week, poor bloke writing my correspondence probably got blown away by the Nigerian mafia, silly mugu.

I’m thinking of buying a burka and going wherever I want to in Melbourne.

Downside is you can’t buy booze in a bottleshop.
    And don’t even think about bacon at Coles.

202. Struth

Print T shirts with Mask exempt written on it.

FOAD troll. You’re a commie, you’re a liar, you’re innumerate and part of the scum which has fucked the West.

Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to flip “Uncle” George Soros.

That was because of Jeff Kennett’s flensing of the Victorian public service.

Can we have a public holiday in celebration?
    Just asking.

206. Boambee John

Bill the Sideshow Alley Juggler has forgotten the long lost days of his youth, when activists knew that no official statement could be believed.

207. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

I want one of those swish black masks if they become mandatory.
    I intend to paint some whiskers on it and go Miaow.
    Mine will be a very low key protest, directing people to this wicked site. 🙂

Cardimona

#3532915, posted on August 2, 2020 at 7:38 pm

Gunner, BITD I shit-bombed a Mini.
    The induction noise (Ramflo filter) was awesome.

Well!
    I certainly wouldn’t allow that sort of talk in my salon … er … workshop.

209. Pedro the Loafer

I have been taking the piss out of Victoria and Victorians for decades, but after reading about the latest draconian measures being forced on the population by their hopeless incompetent government I am starting to genuinely feel sorry for the poor devils.

Nobody deserves the appalling mess they find themselves in courtesy of Dickhead Dan and his ego driven enablers.

STFU Cronkite.

“The Henry Ford Hospital study that was published was a non-controlled retrospective cohort study that was confounded by a number of issues, including the fact that many people who were receiving hydroxychloroquine were also using corticosteroids, which we know from another study gives a clear benefit in reducing deaths with advanced disease,” said Fauci, the nation’s leading infectious disease expert advising the White House on the coronavirus response.

That was because of Jeff Kennett’s flensing of the Victorian public service.
    He sacked teachers and nurses at a great rate.
    Thousands (literally) moved up here.
    I worked with a number of ex-Vic teachers.
    You had to be careful not to mention Kennett in their presence.

Ah, yes.
    The Great Deadwood Purge.
    Good times.

212. Gab

Bacon and booze bought yesterday when I was alerted to today’s announcements.

So essentials are stocked.

213. SO…

Bjelke Petersen was Premier of QLD until 1987.

Kennett became VIC premier in 1992, after the state had a financial crisis.

It was Kennett’s fault that Victorians chose to move to Queensland. Nothing to do with the weather, lifestyle etc.

They were all sacked public servants.

LOL

214. Makka

No you didn’t. You just posted your usual deflecting bullshit here trying to save some face and shill for Big Pharma. It’s crystal clear your wrong again. Now you’ll start resorting to lying again.That’s your MO.

LOl all you want, but is he lying? Is he lying that the drug was also used in combo?

216. Cardimona

That Mini was can-sprayed in camo colours to make it easier to hide if Mr Plod happened by.
    Never even tried with rego…
    Things were different in FNQ.

217. Ron Iddles moved to QLD from Melbin because of Jeff Kennett’s detestable evil in not being like Cain or Joan Kirner.

No, really.

August 2, 1914 (Sunday) A secret alliance was signed between Germany and the Ottoman Empire. German troops occupied Luxembourg in accordance with its Schlieffen Plan. At 7:00 pm (local time) Germany issued a 12-hour ultimatum to neutral Belgium to allow German passage into France.

219. mh

Victoria’s Stage 5 will blow your mind.
    It involves the PLA.
    Good times.

Head prefect quotes fauci.

I just linked it; it was a controlled study; it was not a blind or double blind study but it was controlled. As for the adjunctive use of corticosteroids you need to read the study and not rely on that evil dwarf’s utterances. Now fuck off and come back when you’ve done that.

221. jupes

Great game at Optus.

Not that anyone gives a fuck who wins.

222. Mitch M.

JC
    #3532914, posted on August 2, 2020 at 7:38 pm
    Trades

The study is useless for reaching conclusions about hydro on its own.

Silence please.

A few days ago I posted a meta-analysis regarding SARS and MERS which argued the best treatment was a steroid and an antiviral, by far the best outcome on that data. It also included HCQ which demonstrated some benefit but had the highest side effect profile. There is an intractable problem conducting a controlled and randomised trial determining the side effect of HCQ in relation to its current approvals but the forthcoming trials for COVID should enlighten us.

I’m thinking of buying a burka and going wherever I want to in Melbourne.

As a ruse to normalise face covering, the virus is a bit extreme.

224. Speedbox

That’s it. Witching hour for Victorians. From this moment until 5am, you need a lawful excuse to be out.

225. Geriatric Mayfly

Not bothering any more. When giving print media a quick scanning, I used to go back and check whether the word that flitted past the optics was ‘columnist’ or ‘communist.’ No point, unless you are reading one of your personally approved journos. Most of the others are both.

226. MatrixTransform

8:05 … I’m shitting myself

“Your papers?”

228. Infidel Tiger King

It’s after 8pm Victoria.

Better get inside. Your curfew has kicked in.

World most liveable gulag.

Shit journalism.
    Where was that question which sits at the top of every “gotcha” journo’s toolbox?
    That is, “Can you rule out ….?”
    The statement “no evidence to link the two” simply means you can’t (or don’t want) to prove that person A came within 1 metre of person B in a crowd of 5000?
    Heaps of awkward questions left unasked.
    Journos have bought into two things wholesale:-
    1. BLM is sacred;
    2. “This is not the time for finger-pointing.” No. That was January. During the bushfires.

No you didn’t

Either you or cronkite linked to it and I read to the part where i mentioned the cocktail. I then checked around the web to see if other people had read it that same way and came across the Faucimeister.

No more about this as it’s getting both annoying and boring. Accept anther defeat with dignity.

231. Mater

Will they ask for the excuse before, or after, opening fire?

Back to the good old days of VicPol: “Stop, or I’ll reload!”

232. Eyrie

My understanding of HCQ is that it needs to be used with AZT and Zinc. The idea is to get the zinc into the cells and the HCQ and AZT enable that.
    Kind of like gunpowder – Potassium Nitrate measure fifteen, Sulphur measure three, charcoal measure two.
    On their own each component is useless, the combination does the magic. Remember the proportions, it may yet come to “Black Powder and Alcohol, when the states and the cities fall”.

233. Spurgeon Monkfish III

Ahem – lengthy public floggings with subsequent hangings, anyone?

Followed by ♪ ♩ HOP Time. ♫

234. Steve trickler

Steak and chips with a couple of pints of beer thankyou. A great view from that building behind the boats. We do not get to see it here.

235. Spurgeon Monkfish III

Bluddee Tickler.

Ahem – lengthy public floggings with subsequent hangings, anyone?

Followed by ♪ ♩ HOP Time. ♫

236. Top Ender

Shannon Deery: Stage 4 shows Daniel Andrews has finally lost control of coronavirus crisis

Unlike previous promises we’ll get through this unscathed, there was no such assurance with the announcement of harsh Stage 4 measures. And why should there be, on this, our third, desperate shot at lockdown, writes Shannon Deery.

The last thing Daniel Andrews wanted to do was to move us to stage four, and concede he’d lost control of this crisis.

But declaring a state of disaster on Sunday the Premier had to admit defeat.

Australia’s highest paid premier has led us to the worst possible outcome.

Students will suffer. Old people will suffer. Young kids will suffer. Families will suffer. Single people will suffer. The lonely will suffer.

Every single Victorian will suffer.

For at least the next six weeks in lockdown, but certainly more after that.

Already, mental health services are unable to cope. A chronic shortage of mental health practitioners can’t deal with an already strained system.

Unlike previous promises that we’ll get through this unscathed, there was no such assurance yesterday.

And why should there be, on this, our third shot at lockdown?

The stakes are much higher this time around.

The day before our first lockdown in mid-March, Victoria recorded eight new cases of COVID-19, catapulting the total number of cases in Victoria to 57.

There was just one case of COVID-19 in Victoria thought to have been acquired through community transmission.

Yesterday 671 new cases were detected, seven deaths reported, and the total number of cases hit in excess of 11,000 with soaring community transmission.

Mr Andrews said he just couldn’t accept days and days of cases in the hundreds.

Except he has. For weeks we’ve had soaring case numbers. Dozens of Victorians have died.

And yet little action over the past three weeks, a reluctance to ramp up the attack on this silent enemy.

There was the introduction of mandatory mask wearing, but that appears to have done little more than give people a false sense of security that all they need do is cover up to be COVID safe.

Look to the hundreds who hit St Kilda beach yesterday to “exercise”, or the jam-packed South Melbourne market with people shopping for “essentials”.

I wasn’t at either, for the record, but pictures of the crowded hot spots were doing the rounds on social media.

What about the cracking business hardware stores have been doing since March?

There’s nothing else to do, so may as well stay home and decorate.

One major electrical goods retailer was advising customers they had to come into the store over the weekend if they wanted to negotiate prices, it couldn’t be done over the phone.

All this in the middle of a pandemic?

Again we’ve been told if we all behave ourselves and do the right thing, this will be over in six weeks.

If history has taught us anything, it’s that we may very well be right back here in another six weeks.

Especially with the stage four light version of restrictions announced yesterday.

But for the bizarre curfew, there were few changes.

I say bizarre because, from my reading of the stage three restrictions, anyone playing in the spirit of the game wouldn’t have been out after 8pm anyway.

But now we’re being made to stay home by law, like alleged criminals who swap their nightly freedom for a shot at bail.

But take away the curfew and some other minor amendments (thank God sense has prevailed and families can no longer do the weekly shop together), and the restrictions are light on.

And confusing.

I can’t go for a walk with my family, but I can have an Ubereats driver come to my house, after presumably being to 20 other homes.

I can’t be out after 8pm, but supermarkets can stay open until late.

Through this whole pandemic, Mr Andrews has tried to have his cake and eat it too: enforce restrictions without upsetting anyone.

Apart from the fact that could never work, it literally hasn’t worked.

The danger with these new restrictions, apart from the fact they’ve come so late, is that they risk giving too little gain.

It’s likely the Premier will announce some much harsher workplace related restrictions on Monday.

Herein lies the problem.

Why break up the announcement? Why delay the inevitable? It does nothing but confuse people.

Are we in a state of disaster if things can wait a few days until we’re ready?

Disasters don’t wait.

The changes could see a significant number of businesses and industries forced to close.

Indeed Victoria could almost completely shut down.

Good. It seems that is the only way we’ll see this thing through.

A fierce economic knock now, for a shorter period, must be better than months of ongoing suffering, angst and uncertainty.

Between the hotel quarantine debacle and senseless inaction, the government has proven it can’t be trusted to get us through the crisis.

Likewise, many selfish Victorians, including the 130 COVID-positive ones who last week refused to self-isolate, have proven they can’t be trusted to do the right thing.

The safest thing is for us all to just sit inside for a few weeks and ride it out.

Maybe a harder, swifter lockdown from day one could have avoided so much pain for so many.

SHANNON DEERY IS HERALD SUN STATE POLITICS EDITOR

[email protected]

MitchM,

How the hell do they do randomized studies in mass life and death circumstances like where we are now? You deny people the drugs used on others and they all die? Sounds really bad.

Back to the good old days of VicPol: “Stop, or I’ll reload!”

BLAM!
    BLAM!
    BLAM-BLAM-BLAM.
    Stop or I’ll shoot!
    Sadly, in cases like The People vs Gargasoulos & Holden, they have now become too timid.

239. Stimpson J. Cat

JC, are you going to resist?

JC’s idea of protest is not ironing his white jeans.

1 5 6 7 8 9 14