Open Forum: August 1, 2020

3,412 Responses to Open Forum: August 1, 2020

1. Nob says:

Cheers Tom,
    I saw Schrank in the UK Times today so I guess they’re stablemates.

2. Megan says:

Thanks Tom. As a curfewed and locked down Victorian leper who is unable to sleep I appreciate any diversion that can bring a smile.

We’ve got a 90yo rellie locked in her room at the nursing home who has two falls in the last week ringing us every day, crying and distressed because no visitors. I spent an hour last night trying to reassure and calm another friend whose 97yo mum fell on Thursday night, spent a night in hospital and has been sent back to the nursing home and is deteriorating rapidly. No visitors Another friend had a fall, is in hospital with a broken leg and hip, no visitors. He was crying as well when we last spoke. What sort of society are we to inflict such cruelty on the vulnerable?
    I’m swinging wildly from raging to resigned misery. Lack of sleep will do that.
    We have panicked and overreacted to this particular virus. It’s a failure at every single level, medical economic, political, personal and moral. The TGA and it’s reaction to HCQ as a possible treatment is utterly reprehensible.

3. Tailgunner says:

Dare I hit the streets prior to curfew lifting?
    I think the MRAP’s with the floodlights & loudspeakers have headed back to base.

4. Tintarella di Luna says:

Commiserations Megan the State if Contagion has become the State of Disaster and now Andrews can do whatever he likes even more and blame everyone else

5. Tailgunner says:

Intimate partner exemption still in effect.
    #winning
    #2020

6. Tailgunner says:

John Deere tractor date mission : Accepted!

7. Tintarella di Luna says:

Megan you comment about the distressed elderly is so very very sad what a disgrace

8. Megan says:

Thanks Tinta. Tip of the iceberg…you can multiply my three by thousands across Melbourne. It’s shameful. And all our own fault, just ask Bat Ears Dan of Disasterstan

9. Megan says:

Gunner! You’re wicked but I like you!

10. Tailgunner says:

Keep your chin up, Megan 👍😃

11. Whistles at mongrel dogs.

Hey you bastards!

Get up and go for your 1 hour walk!

Then get back inside, scum!

12. My non-fellow Victorians.

Please rise for your new televisual national anthem.

Comrade Mike Patton will lead on vocals and the now traditional dance

13. Megan says:

Will do, Gunner. About to head out into the cold and and dark to get my one hour of (prison yard) exercise. Without a mask. Hopefully my exemption letter still applies.

Chances of getting stopped by the boys in black on my way to the walking track? High, given it’s early on morning one of East German freedom rules.

14. Mater says:

Just saw a government reminder that, despite Level 4 lockdowns, if you are escaping family violence, you won’t be fined for leaving your home to escape it.

I think that ranks right up their with my local council’s warning about women potentially needing to trade sex for essentials during emergencies.

It does, however, open the door for Tailgunner to use ‘escaping family violence’ to get to Trentham again. No need to sleep with Mr John Deere.

15. Mater says:

Gee, that comment was full of grammatical and spelling errors. Bob will have a field day.
    More coffee needed, obviously!

16. Megan says:

If it were not a terrible and unwarranted, slur on the SP, I’d be tempted to give the DV excuse a go!

17. 1735099 says:

Something is rotten in the state of Israel.

But, mainly, they are the best of the young people of the State of Israel, the ones who for years we have been complaining about being wrapped up in their own affairs, cut off from what is happening in the public, in society, in politics.
    So that’s it – not anymore. This youth have woken up. Contrary to what is commonly believed, or assumed, these demonstrations were not born out of the coronavirus crisis, so those who believe that a change in the pattern of conduct on the subject of the virus will kill the protests do not understand anything. This protest will not die and it will not calm down. These young people will not stay in their homes; they do not go to their workplaces, anyway, because there is no work. At least at this point there is no work.
    They will continue to demonstrate until Netanyahu leaves, and with him his delusional wife and deranged son – and Balfour, the residence and the concept, will be cleansed until whoever is found worthy to replace them arrives.

18. 1735099 says:

The Brisbane BLM protest was over 30,000
    (Big state – we do things in a big way – & it would have been spect-ruddy-tackuler if COVID had got loose among a crowd of 30,000

But it didn’t, just as it didn’t in Melbourne, despite the best efforts of the gutter press to sell the story that it did.

19. 1735099 says:

100 percent funded by a lottery.

That’s amazing.

It’s also complete bullshit.
    Some metro hospitals (RBWCH as it was called) used Golden Casket profits during construction, and that was well before Jo’s time.
    The largest component of any hospital expenditure is in salaries and wages, and none of that has ever been funded by gambling in Queensland.

20. Mater says:

As you know, I’d usually take your word as gospel.
    However, your calibration of late, when it comes to dates and times, has been a little out (Dad served in PNG from 42-46, public servants escaping Kennett’s purge and heading to Joh’s Qld, etc).
    While I’m on constructive criticisms, you could do with some work on your percentages, too.

Just trying to help!

21. 132andBush says:

Megan
    #3533297, posted on August 3, 2020 at 4:44 am

My sister and BIL had the same sort of grief with his mother.
    A tough old bird who up until two years ago was delivering meals on wheels at the grand old age of 81!

The last vestiges of the WWII generation are being abandoned to their fate, to, what should be, the everlasting disgrace of this panicked and featherbedded generation.
    Disgusting.

22. Bruce of Newcastle says:

Numbers – Olmert is off his tree lately. He has a regular column at JPost and his columns have been bonkers. He’s unhappy with the Trumpety-Trump peace deal and the annexations and all that. This despite his complete and utter failure to get the Oslo peace deal through – Abbas walked away from it, even though he was offered effectively 100%* of the West Bank including East Jerusalem. So his legacy is ashes. Olmert was also found guilty of bribery and served time in prison, for which I suspect he blames Netanyahu.

The indictment of Netanyahu is ridiculous, which if you’ve read Glick’s forensic analyses you will know. It is a deep state stitch-up as bad as the one the FBI has been using on Trump.

Israel’s ‘Deep State’ Targets Netanyahu with Bogus Charges (Feb 2018)

Caroline Glick: Israel’s Deep State Takes Aim at Netanyahu (Dec 2018)

Netanyahu’s Indictment is a Fraud (Nov 2019)

(* The Olmert offer was 97% of the West bank plus 3% from Israel to make up for populated bits like Ariel that couldn’t be evacuated.)

23. Tailgunner says:

Don’t forget your humiliation mask today, Mater!
    The free zone is getting less free by the hour!
    I’ve always loved Comrade Dan

24. Megan says:

My sister and BIL had the same sort of grief with his mother.

Not only are we abandoning them to their fate, we are denying them the send off they deserve and the consolation of a ritual farewell for the bereaved. 30,000 protesting in the streets, ppphhhttt!

25. Megan says:

I just got chipped by some old Darren for not wearing a mask. Told him (1) it was none of his business (2) I have a medical exemption and (3) I shouldn’t have to explain the rules to him. If he wants to be a defacto Covid marshal he needs to familiarise himself with those rules.

He was busy tapping away on his phone as I drove away. Won’t be the least bit surprised if he was dobbing me in then and there.

26. rickw says:

More gravity defying brick ceilings:

27. Tailgunner says:

Did he actually say something to you Megan?
    I have only had looks so far, no words.
    Some manlet eyeballed me yesterday…then turned for another as he walked away.
    What TF are you looking at, sheep? Sent him on his way. But the public attacks are coming.

28. 1735099 says:

Now when, where, and with what unit did you serve, Mater – or are you making it up?
    I’m setting the record straight.
    You are such a stickler for accuracy, I’m sure you’ll understand.
    Just trying to help!

29. Megan says:

He did, Gunner! “You’re supposed to be wearing a mask!” from being his own germ sponge.

Yeah, I know. And I don’t have to explain myself to the likes of him. I’m out at 6am, on a deserted walking trail and staying the mandated distance apart so I can get the one thing I need to stay mobile. He can take a long walk off a short pier.

30. Megan says:

FFS, I swear this phone waits till I’ve glanced away and then inserts it’s own nonsense to make what I’m writing incomprehensible.

Behind…not being.

31. calli says:

Poor Victorians. Now innthe Naughty Corner and being held ip as an Example.

Watch it, other States. Misbehave, and you will end up like Victoria.

Meanwhile the push is on for everyone else to mask up.

32. Candy says:

It makes no sense that mass gatherings like BLM are ok but over 10 at a funeral is not.
    I think the Melbourne BLM protest was tied up with the huge Housing complex residents and visitors, disadvantaged groups, people mixing in close quarters, even going to jobs perhaps with symptoms.

Even if not, the message was strong from the National Cabinet, Premier Andrews and the Supreme Courts at that time to citizens was that the virus threat was over because the mass protests were deemed harmless.

33. Megan says:

I’d give anything at this point to be in an inn, Calli.

34. Mater says:

I promise I’ll tell you when it has any bearing on the substance of my post.
    BTW, I’m still unsure why you’re so upset that I helped you out with correcting the details of your Dad’s service. You did, after all, ask me to do it.

1735099
    #3511767, posted on July 13, 2020 at 1:57 pm

Show me where I have “misrepresented his service”.

Here to help.

35. calli says:

And on my “walking trail” this morning…an eagerly awaited ground orchid has sprung into life and nodded at me as I trotted by. Every year I watch the spot – always just after Mum’s birthday. It’s like a gift.

36. calli says:

Many…many typos. Apologies.

37. DrBeauGan says:

I’m not in the spurgeon class at invective, he’s world class, but I’m not too bad. And the opportunity to be really rude to someone doesn’t come all that often. But anyone challenging you for not wearing a mask deserves all they get. Practise at home, folks!

38. calli says:

It’s very important that BLM protests and the spread of the virus are not connected in the public’s mind.

As time goes on, the gap is becoming paper thin, despite the views of “experts”.

39. Zatara says:

Man’s first commercial space mission, SpaceX’s Dragon Endeavor, splashes down safely in Gulf of Mexico.

40. 1735099 says:

Nobody in government anywhere in the country (including Victoria) said the BLM demonstrations were OK.
    That’s a very different issue from blaming the spread of the virus on BLM.

41. Farmer Gez says:

Andrews will announce which industries will close today.

He’s about to starve the population and destroy market prices.

A very dangerous fool.

42. mh says:

Numbers, the point is the Palacechook government was happy to let Black Lives Matter take that risk of community spread.
    They were delighted to see 30,00o Marxists crammed into Brisbane’s CBD.

43. Mater says:

Anybody who thinks that a lot of the same people didn’t jump at the opportunity to participate the BLM protest (With the associated potential violence and destruction), is suffering a Bob level delusions.

Who knows who was at that protest? More importantly, how many would actually fess up to it when asked, given the stakes involved?

44. Cassie of Sydney says:

“Bruce of Newcastle
    #3533330, posted on August 3, 2020 at 7:13 am”

Well refuted BoN…but the sick Turd obviously had wet dreams last night about dead Jooos…he has woken up all excited.

45. 1735099 says:

I promise I’ll tell you when it has any bearing on the substance of my post.

It bears on every post, given that the only reason you refer to my posts is to discredit them, irrespective of content.
    As the cliche says if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear.
    There are only two reasonable conclusions.
    One is that you do have something to hide which would be revealed if you were honest about your (alleged) service history.
    The other is that this alleged history is complete fiction.
    Which is the truth?

46. Cassie of Sydney says:

“Here to help.”

The liar, the fraud and the fabricator is is beyond help.

47. EvilElvis says:

Exactly right, Megan. All so their sons and daughters can virtue signal about face masks and saving their parents/grand parents from this ‘pandemic’ while casually forgetting about the oldies altogether.

A virtuous social media profile is more important to many nowadays than human contact.

48. calli says:

Mater, it’s interesting to observe the way the thinking on the issue is falling, even on this blog.

Who to believe? A statement by “experts” or our own experience and common sense?

Remarkably, this virus differentiates between groups for no apparent reason. There must be a PhD in this, once the emergency is over.

49. Farmer Gez says:

Winston Andrews is printing the ration cards now.

‘V’ for virus.

50. Perfidious Albino says:

I reckon the ‘mystery’ cases here in VIC are a legacy of our ‘Charter of Human Rights’, which our contact tracers have no doubt been fully briefed on by the local human rights commissars. It explains a lot of the seemingly inconsistent rules and why 30% were allowed to walk from hotel quarantine without ever having been tested.

Yet more ‘unintended consequences’ of ill conceived leftism.

51. calli says:

There will be “learnings”. Many…many learnings.

52. Cassie of Sydney says:

“Any body that observed what happened in Flemington when Milo came to town, couldn’t help but notice the LARGE participation of the housing complex residents in the riot and bottle throwing.”

I remember reading and viewing coverage about it at the time…it was obvious that Socialist Unity and various other far-left scum roped in housing complex residents to participate in their dirty work

No such rioting and bottle throwing happened when Milo spoke here in Sydney….but then the NSW police still (for the time being) know how to police and more crucially…are allowed to police…..and we saw this last week in the Domain when the police acted to prevent the illegal BLM demonstration. It was very nice to watch.

53. Bruce of Newcastle says:

So why didn’t they fine each marcher $1,000 a head then?
    That’s why people are pissed off. Injustice and hypocrisy.
    One rule for the favoured few, another rule for ordinary people.

54. Cassie of Sydney says:

Yet more ‘unintended consequences’ of ill conceived leftism.”

I would argue that the consequences are very intended.

55. Tailgunner says:

I didn’t think so many rakes could fit in an MX-5.
    Don’t do it Mater – it’d be cruel!
    🤣🤣

56. Mater says:

They are, more often than not, discredited by one of your previous posts. Discrediting you doesn’t rely on any previous service. My criticism of you could just as easily be done by a life long civilian, with complete justification. After all, you provide the incriminating evidence yourself, I just compile them for ease of comparison.

You’re an over-sharer, and a stupid one at that. Stop blaming others for your shortcomings and wicked tendency to big note yourself.

As an aside, when I post something, the basis of which relies solely on my service history, just point it out to me and I’ll organise to have Kev verify my bonafides. I’d no more trust you with my details than I’d trust you to educate my child.

57. Struth says:

Good Moaning.
    Megan. the correct feelings you should be experiencing are anger, and the emotions of depression.
    You should be feeling like you are surrounded by the insane.
    But , correctly , revel in your sanity.

See your anger as the sign of sanity it it.
    Do not buckle and do not let them take your sanity.

You are surrounded by cowards of varying degrees.
    They may be full on hysterical Karens and “Darrens” or even to be found on this blog dismissing all this as a bit of a joke and still arguing about covid, and the benefits of this tyranny versus the benefits of that tyranny.
    I’m happy for you in a way.
    You’re sane and venting.
    You’re a good Lady and a strong one from what I can see.

58. Cassie of Sydney says:

“I’d no more trust you with my details than I’d trust you to educate my child.”

I think that’s the comment of the day.

59. notafan says:

I linked an article a couple of weeks ago from a socialist alliance commisar that specifically mentioned that housing commission residents near the venue participated with great willingness in attacks on people attending the Milo conference.

Someone here mentioned seeing similar at BLM rally.

No doubt in my mind that cases cannot be traced because some testing positive have deliberately caught it in order to receive the $1800 in free money and won’t say where.

Dan is an idiot.

Unintended consequences.

60. caveman says:

“Karen” may have jumped the shark. I heard it used in Woolies radio ad , the announcer says ” Don’t be a Karen..blah blah blah…”

61. Cassie of Sydney says:

“You’re a good Lady and a strong one from what I can see.”

Aye..that she is.

62. 1735099 says:

This is exactly the strategy used by the NAZIs.
    Pick a marginalised target group (in this case “housing complex residents”) and smear them.
    In the case of the NAZIs it was a different group, of course, but the playbook is the same.

63. Cassie of Sydney says:

“I’d no more trust you with my details than I’d trust you to educate my child.”

I’ll just refine that Mater….”I’d no more trust you with my details than I’d trust you to be near any child”.

64. notafan says:

People I know are also very concerned about elderly family members living in residential care.

One in particular is quite distressed. No visitors for months. Upsetting for family who are caught in the middle. Might die of natural causes, might get caught up in a covid19 outbreak.

I’ve written to local MP saying suppression not working and there needs to be a policy shift.

I will write to federals as well.

65. notafan says:

No numbers, it’s a fact, celebrated in print by the anti Milo protest organisers.

66. Bruce of Newcastle says:

LOL. Until they demolished the public housing complex in the west Lake Mac area it used to be the murder and drug dealing hotspot of all Newcastle. Since then the NSW authorities have spread out public housing over many suburbs, and that seems to’ve diluted the festering down to a reasonable level. Police for example can now do their job without the threat of ferals ganging up on them. Poor pensioners and the like who really need the inexpensive public housing are now much safer.

You do not build public housing highrises. Period. They are instant slums. Dan’s ones should be demolished asap.

67. 1735099 says:

I’m not sure who “Kev” is, and why he would have any special knowledge, unless he’s a member of the sneer of right wing ex-service personnel posting here who dislike my politics, and use every excuse to smear.
    That’s the whole point, of course.
    These people can’t get over the fact that we participated in an immoral and destructive conflict which completely compromised their misguided beliefs. They’re to be pitied, of course, but they remain bitter.
    If I was supporting your side of politics,I’d be the Catallaxy poster boy.
    BTW, I “share” because I have experience worth sharing, unlike the bulk of superannuated fossils posting here who are stuck in a past that was not worth remembering, let alone sharing.
    What was your alleged unit, and when and where did you serve?
    It’s a very simple question.

68. mh says:

They’re to be pitied, of course, but they remain bitter.

Bob just wrote this.

69. notafan says:

It’s none of your business. And irrelevant.

You give your details here as you so often boast, so you can sell your novella.

70. Cardimona says:

Forgive me, Cats, for I have not scrolled back.
    For like-minded Cats, this is the theme I’m hitting journos and radio hosts up with today.

The Editor

There’s two types of news stories I want to see before I’ll believe COVID-19 is anything more than just another seasonal flu.

Firstly, where’s the human interest stories? Why no detailed descriptions of the healthy fit young victims, cut down in their prime?

Could it be that all the deceased were at death’s door anyway?

Secondly, where’s the beard-removal law stories? Why no requirement to shave off beards – which don’t allow masks to seal?

Could it be that M000 slims, Orth o d o x J 0000s and outlaw bikie gangs are scarier than COVID-19?

Either we’re led by panicky incompetents or there’s something else afoot; but which is it?

(104 words)

71. Cassie of Sydney says:

“mh
    #3533385, posted on August 3, 2020 at 8:25 am
    They’re to be pitied, of course, but they remain bitter.

Bob just wrote this.”

I don’t think that he has any self awareness…perhaps this explains why he has no friends.

72. Cassie of Sydney says:

“I’m really sick by the way of your demands that Mater reveal his personal details to you.”

Because he wants to dox Mater.

73. Mater says:

Kev!
    You know, the “online custodian” of your (7RAR) Association, who you go crying to when someone upsets you.
    That Kev!

1735099
    #3116046, posted on July 26, 2019 at 2:37 pm

OK Kev – time to head off to Aluprrurulam – “your country”.
    A Vietnam vet with your talent and refinement would be welcome.
    And by the way, it’s interesting to know you’re quite content to allow bullshit to be posted about a member of the unit for which you are the on-line custodian.
    To quote a well-known military figure who has fallen out of favour – “The standard you walk past is the standard you accept”.
    Drawing attention to the truth is apparently not in your brief.
    It doesn’t bother me. My focus is on the facts of history, but bullshit doesn’t reflect well on 7RAR.

Here to help.

74. notafan says:

BoN re demolition of the high rises couldn’t agree more.

Some low rise in North Melbourne has recently been demolished, as had the old Olympic village complex.

The towers definitely need to come down.

On the other hand though scattered throughout suburbs is not much fun for close neighbours.

Still better than towers by country mile.

75. Boambee John says:

Is it verry, verry, slowly dawning on the bin chicken that the Kung Flu just might not be as contagious or as dangerous as our self-important medical “experts” and wanna-be dictator politicians (good morning Dan) would like us to believe?

He might even summon up all his courage and walk to his letter box without wearing a mask one of these days!

76. min says:

They have hidden the numbers of Covid19 cases from BLM ‘ For instance a woman participant and child contracted virus and worked part time at H&M . 30 is the number listed under that origin but ho knows where all the tower numbers came from . Security guards recruited how on time off .
    No fines, no arrests , that came from the top So it’s like saint to your kids We think that party is area.ly bad idea but if you go no consequences.

77. Rex Anger says:

All wars can be claimed as immoral and destructive. But notnwhen they’re heroic struggles for liberation, eh Đồng chí?

which completely compromised their misguided beliefs.They’re to be pitied, of course, but they remain bitter.
    When the hard border is lifted, wanna come to WA, troll? We have a Drive-In theatre in the northern half of Perth who would just love to have a projectionist as skilful as you…

78. calli says:

It is possible for groups to marginalise themselves.

Widespread criminal behaviour can do that. Unfortunate for honest associates caught up in it. Sometimes the only answer is to separate from the self-marginalised cohort.

79. mh says:

Chicago Dunkin’ employee arrested after trooper finds ‘large, thick piece of mucus’ in coffee

80. Farmer Gez says:

Supermarket shelves in Melb are emptying fast.

Frydenberg says we’re at war with the virus.
    You don’t fight it by shooting your own troops.

81. Struth says:

We now need to get passed arguing about Covid and be pro active.

If you don’t believe this is the left trashing the joint because after half a century of underhanded war with the west, to grab power, because Trump was fighting back and winning, and this is a big desperate move by the UN/Chinese (one owns the other)….and think our politicians actually care that old people in old folks homes are dying when they never have before, and the more old people live past their retirement age the more it costs government.
    Especially Dan who fought hard to enable government to kill them legally.
    If you think that all of a sudden a death spike in old folks homes wouldn’t normally be seen as a good thing by government, you are deluding yourself.
    And you may wish to take a good fucking hard long look at yourself, (technical term for wake the bloody hell up you doodle headed victim of propaganda)

However, if you have deluded yourself, you have no reason to fear this blog being a bit more pro active in fighting against tyranny.
    After all they won’t be coming for us, our lovely, well meaning but misguided pollies are only doing this because the thought of 90 year olds dying is just too much for these angels of mercy to cope with.
    They’ll trash the nation, imprison the entire nation by force, all to save those oldies in Nursing homes.

So logically, the blog is safe to start being active against tyranny in your view.

However if you aren’t that gullible, than it’s fight or die.
    It is that simple.
    And everyone that has commented against left wing tyranny on this blog, heck they won’t worry about reading the comments, they’ll grab anyone that’s ever been on this blog, including numbers, and you’ll be donating your heart to somebody who needs it more than you.
    There’s a thousand different methods of agony torture and death the socialists dream up, that’s one thing the do invent, they have such a passion for it, and so far be it from me to pick one or two.

So in the end this blog is coming down.
    We can either come up with ideas here to fight, and try to win. standing not kneeling, or we’ll be suffering the same fate if we don’t.
    You and I have nothing to lose if we fight.
    Nothing.

82. notafan says:

Cardi

I wouldn’t have said any thing about who might be bearded, readers could work that out.

My letter said suppression was clearly not working and the damage to businesses forced to close, to people put out of work and to our families was too high a price to pay particularly when the group of people actually dying of this disease, the frail elderly were still being ravaged because residential care providers were failing to protect them.

The government must end general lockdown and focus on protecting the vunerable in special accommodation and those living at home.

Bring back personal responsibility!

83. mh says:

FFS.

Midnight Oil’s new song is called Gadigal Land after the traditional owners of a large part of Sydney.

84. Boambee John says:

I’m setting the record straight.

Mater

Just give the bin chicken a quick summary of your family narrative. That should be perfectly satisfactory to him.

85. Shelley says:

Couple of observations

1) Nodding heads on breakfast radio were going on about how selfish it was of someone to go to the gym – how it only takes one or two to spread the China flu – and how selfish that you put your life above the 200 deaths (Australia wide he must have been referring to). But – let’s apply that logic to where a terrorist lets off an explosive device – it only takes one or two of those and the death toll is much higher. But if you put that argument to the lefties (as has been tried before) that just wont have it.

2) Masks are going to be compulsory Australia-wide – you can sense them working up to it.

3) Why are there still so many ‘returned’ international travelers – particularly from the sub-continent?

4) Why are there so many getting exemptions to travel interstate. I keep reading stories such as ‘the person traveled from Melbourne/Sydney to Maroochydore/Darwin’. 99% of the normie population are not going anywhere, anytime soon. Who are these people? They cannot seriously be ‘essential’ workers. In the same vein it is not the normies who are contracting and spreading the virus. Can we keep ignoring the fact that it does seem to be affecting certain demographics disproportionately over others or is this fact too inconvenient (rhetorical question).

5) It is going to get worse – more draconian measures and diktats. The State Premiers/their health officials are not done with their 15 minutes of infamy. And they do not actually care about your life. How can the NSW Premier stand up there sprouting on about keeping the community safe/saving lives when she supported the abortion legislation. Not familiar with her views on euthanasia but I am guessing they would not be conservative.

86. Farmer Gez says:

Tim Wilson interviewed on Sky about the lockdown.

As useless and pointless as you would expect. Wouldn’t want to undermine the governments directives.

87. William the Conjuror says:

tottered

lol

88. Boambee John says:

This is exactly the strategy used by the NAZIs.

At last the bin chicken gets it!

Socialist Unity picked a marginalised group and smeared then, in this case by involving them in a political demonstration led by fascists.

89. Eyrie says:

Careful that infected foreign affairy drove from Maroochydore to Toowoomba to self quarantine at home. I want the fuckers picture posted around town.

90. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

What sort of society are we to inflict such cruelty on the vulnerable?
    I’m swinging wildly from raging to resigned misery. Lack of sleep will do that.

You’ve very succinctly said what we are all feeling, Megan. I’ve been sleeping well lately, but woke early this morning after a very late night. Hairy comes in at 1.30am as I’m dozing off and wakes me as he settles in to bed to tell me something interesting he’d just read in the Speccie, about butterflies. Male butterflies have the human equivalent of two gallons of semen. Amazing eh? Nope, I say. Not amazing at 1.3oam. Hence sleep pattern now disturbed. And as you say, it is so easy to move from resignation to anger and back again to just wanting Covid mania to be over once and for all.

We have had to cancel our booked trip to Sri Lanka in July and move it to 2021. Covid is likely to still be an issue, and I will insist that I get some antimalarials for that trip; Sri Lanka has Malaria and I will play merry hell if the drug of choice for that is not available. Hydroxychloroquine please. And that other anti-malarial Doxycycline (which hidden in the data it is stated that it apparently works against Covid in the same way that Azithromycin does). The required hit of Zinc is off-script. I will then make sure that Hairy and I travel well-protected for our age-group with the best effective Covid preventative that there is, vaccine or no vaccine. The anti-Malarial aspect is a bonus.

Talking to girlfriends at lunch recently I find that they are mostly totally paranoid about doing any O/S trips till the holy grail of ‘a vaccine’ is available. I am not putting off my life for another five years, I say. I mentioned HCQ to one friend who is a great traveller, daughter in New York, and she was horrified at the word. Too much general media has imbued her with a TDS reaction to the drug. Sad how hookwinked people have been over this. Did my best to put her right.

Someone will have to come up with a placebo fake vaccine simply to get the world normal again.

91. Boambee John says:

member of the sneer of right wing ex-service personne

92. Shelley says:

Yep.

93. Farmer Gez says:

Channel Nein interviews shoppers.
    Young women says it’s inconvenient but we’re all in it together.
    Older bloke days he’s worried about the meat supply.

Clueless vs clued in.

94. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

I’m setting the record straight.

More rakes then the worst day monty ever had.

95. notafan says:

It’s also worth mentioning industry sources have told us is a significant increase in people attempting to commit suicide by train and I’m sure other forms of suicide; why are their lives being so discounted in comparison to the very small number of people actually succumbing to covid-19.

why isn’t premiere Andrew’s announcing the number of deaths by suicide at his daily press conferences?

96. Leigh Lowe says:

Hoe!
    Hoe!
    Hoe Chow Mein!
    Good morning, V*****m!!

97. Cassie of Sydney says:

“The bin chicken was against neologisms a few days ago, but now creates a new collective noun, a “sneer” of critics!”

He once “taught” children.

98. notafan says:

And again staff at supermarkets have been exposed to an extraordinary number of contacts since January yet there is 0 evidence that they are dropping like flies.

They handle every item of food the customers put on the belt.

99. Victorians are not taking kindly to my taunts.

Mr Andrews, tear down this wall!

100. Tonight I sign into law a bill which will outlaw Russia forever.

Bombing commences in five minutes.

101. Russia?

I meant VICTORIA

😂😏😎

102. EvilElvis says:

Mental note, bad pick up line.

103. Struth says:

Cardimona, if you can get that one to any paper down south, it’d be a miracle I reckon.
    Good luck.

Is there some way we can get hold of suicide figures that are up to date?
    If they are real figures than that would be better but in the end they don’t need to be.

What we must fight, and should already have fought, is Virtue signalling.

Wearing a mask and obeying tyranny must be seen for what it really is.
    It’s not compassionate and it is supporting depression and suicide.

As keyboard warriors we must turn the table on the scolds who care nothing about others.

“more people have now died from suicide than covid 19”.
    “Karens are causing suicides”.

Etc.
    This blog has always had people that, with few words can really make a point.
    Can we get some slogans to use.
    I admit I bumble on and that is why coming here is good.

104. Boambee John says:

Cassie

He once “taught” children.

I wonder did he teach the geography of Queensland?

105. Knuckle Dragger says:

Geez, Liability Bob’s been on the aspirin again. What’s left of the claret is fanging through capillaries like a deserter on his way to the Q Store.

106. Wait a minute.

Is “Hairy” actually Graeme Bird?

He’d often make Ozymandian boasts that Ron Swanson would baulk at.

107. calli says:

On Sunrise just now:

Queensland Virus Crisis

Zero New Cases

🤣

108. Knuckle Dragger says:

Clear winner this morning – Brookes.

Vicki Pollard will never go out of style. Cheers Tom.

Although, different setting, but rickw’s ‘Taking a Knee – Who Did It Better?’ one is gold. Just gold.

109. BrettW says:

From The Daily Mail.

Israel Folau refused to take a knee (pictured left) before Catalans Dragons’ Super League game against St Helens on Sunday. Players from both teams marked the return of rugby league behind-closed-doors at Headingley by taking a stance against racism, as they joined referee Ben Thaler in dropping to one knee for a few seconds in support of the Black Lives Matter movement. Folau (pictured in action during the game, bottom right), 31, was sacked from his Rugby Australia contract last year for his homophobic views and Catalans’ decision to sign him led to widespread opposition.

110. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

A month ago, as soon as NSW restrictions eased, we had a couple of days in the Blue Mountains, staying at the Hydro Majestic, and very pleasant it was to be able to feel some sense of normality in the world.

One thing we noted immediately as we did some old haunts there, tourist view spots such as Echo Point, was the relatively large numbers of obviously foreign tourists that were around. No English, camera-toting and clearly tourists, and in their dress and manners very sub-continent in style. Same thing at another lookout where a large tour-group of Chinese speakers were being led around.

Wot? we thought. Summat’s going on here.

111. Knuckle Dragger says:

From just one of Mater’s timely reminders, this is the keen anthropological student who tried to combine his hatred for people that didn’t go jack on their mates with ‘knowledge’ of the indig:

‘Aluprrurulam’

1. You’ve spelled it wrong, which isn’t surprising; and
    2. Even if you had correctly identified the place, which you haven’t it’s Lake Nash.

112. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

ps. none of these tourist types were booked into the international-style hotel though.

Flying in below the radar, as it were?

113. 132andBush says:

I’m setting the record straight.
    You are such a stickler for accuracy, I’m sure you’ll understand.
    Just trying to help!

Hahahahaahahaha!
    Oh dear.

114. Struth says:

Mr Andrews, tear down this wall!

I’m using this.

115. Makka says:

BTW, I “share” because I have experience worth sharing,

No you don’t. You’re just a bitter old commo who has far too much time on his hands. There is no experience you have worth sharing here. Zero.

116. William the Conjuror says:

So why didn’t they fine each marcher $1,000 a head then?

117. dover_beach says:

Numbers, any idea why Portland ANTIFA are burning Bibles over the weekend?

118. lotocoti says:

Our friend’s expectation that anyone here would believe he didn’t know who Big Kev was,
    shows a new level of delusion.

119. mh says:

Well done, Izzy.

120. Knuckle Dragger says:

I know Karate Poof turns up every time Doxxer Bob starts flailing, but he’s seriously not helping either cause:

‘Why didn’t the “friendly neighbourhood Stasi” arrest “Matthew O’Malley” and charge him with making false statements to the police?’

1. Because they believed the dodgy name he gave them;
    2. They couldn’t even send him a ticket in the mail because ‘Matthew’ gave them a false address;
    3. They couldn’t arrest him, and then hold him for as long as it took to determine his identity (and thus ‘charge him’, haha) as he’d given a reasonable story which complied with the directions at the time as to why he was breaching the Facemask Curtain; and finally
    4. They’d demonstrated a reticence to perform any of your helpful suggestions by asking really nicely for the punters to make their lives easier.

121. MatrixTransform says:

You’re supposed to be wearing a mask!

yeah?

… I must have left it on yr mother’s bedside table.

… between gasps she did manage to tell me that you were a mouthy little prick

122. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

pps. the Hydro was totally booked out and was so in the main for some months ahead we were told, but we noticed it was entirely by local Aussies. Half of Sydney seemed to be there even though it was mid-week. Hairy pointed out to me a significant legal eagle ex-pollie driving out as we arrived (won’t say who as this might be an invasion of their privacy). He is very good with recognizing people, one of the skills practised in his career; I am hopeless unless I know them well. He also has really keen eyesight. Birdwatching (of avian birds) in his youth with his father honed his perceptive abilities, I suspect.

123. Knuckle Dragger says:

‘BTW, I “share” because I have experience worth sharing’

Yeah. That shaving mirror story was a belter.

124. Shelley says:

Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare
    #3533431, posted on August 3, 2020 at 9:07 am

Thanks Lizzie. And wow, just wow. Feels like an Australia of two halves doesn’t it?

Megan, so sorry to read your post up top of the page. I had to miss the funeral of a very special and very much loved 99 year old in recent months. Fortunately he lived in a very good community and was continuing to do what he loved until the very end (artistic painting), and family were able to visit (albeit through the window).

125. Snoopy says:

This is good. Tony Heller uploaded a video to YouTube two hours ago titled George Orwell’s Future has Arrived and YouTube has deleted it for violating terms of service!

Case closed, M’Lord.

126. 1735099 says:

It’s not.
    It’s Alpurrurulam, which is the name of the Local Authority.
    Lake Nash is the name of the property which is owned by Georgina Pastoral Company.

127. Struth says:

As the situation continues to change daily, an accurate estimate of likely unemployment resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic is difficult. Even current estimates underrepresent the impact as those who are still employed but at significantly reduced hours are discounted. This is of particular concern, when considering the GFC which saw Australian unemployment take a comparatively minor increase from 4.0% to 5.8% and coincided with an increase in suicide rates of 22% and 12% for unemployed men and women respectively 9. As the current crisis may potentially double the current unemployment rate, one can extrapolate to alarming conclusions, with some (albeit unpublished) modelling reflecting this 10.

Imagine the figures under covid already.
    Medical Journal of Australia.

People here think I am over the top regarding women’s response to this pandemic.
    There are of course many emasulated men around these days as well, who are also the problem.

However, I come on here and say it straight out.
    The politically correct world can’t say it straight out, so they use the term “Karens”
    Both Karens and Darrens need to be fought.
    Their hideous virtue signalling cost lives.
    While we have these people berating others the government wins.
    While we have these virtue signalling eyes and ears for the government the government wins.
    In the propaganda war, they need a good dressing down and there needs to be a way of exposing their hypocritical virtue signalling and turn it on them.
    To me, this is where the fight lies.
    Karens are Killing the country, literally.

We must change the narrative back to the truth to make these ignorant bitches understand their virtue signalling signals no virtue, in fact the opposite.
    They must be made to feel embarrassed following the orders of dictators, and they need to be faced with the very truth that in doing so they are killing people.
    Many more than the Virus is.
    As they care neither way, about anyone or anything other than their own social standing, we must put the deaths from suicide directly where it belongs.
    On their shoulders, and make them wear it hard.

128. MatrixTransform says:

There are only two reasonable conclusions.

theTard … trying not to give itself an aneurysm

don’t worry to much Numpty, you were never ever in danger of overthinking things

129. Geriatric Mayfly says:

Gab
    #3533252, posted on August 2, 2020 at 11:59 pm
    It’s almost midnight here and there’s some dumb bird chortling away in a tree. Sounds like a magpie/ WTF is wrong with it?! Bruce, get in here and explain this.

As I indicated last week, it is an annual and welcome event in July and August, especially under a bright moon. Hark, the herald magpies sing.

130. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

He’d often make Ozymandian boasts that Ron Swanson would baulk at.

We subscribe to The Spectator, Dot. I can’t help it if they run salacious articles on butterfly mating to which they expose the poor unsuspecting late-night reader keeping up with important matters of State. 🙂

131. incoherent rambler says:

Mr Andrews, tear down this wall!

Mr Andrews, tear down this wall!

132. Cassie of Sydney says:

“I doubt that bullshit has impressed others in your circle jerk, but keep trying….”

Bin chicken is getting angry….he doesn’t like the truth.

133. William the Conjuror says:

You should have been an adviser to Sir Henry Bolte, who is the actual owner and builder of the many public housing high rises. He and his Liberal government created those “instant slums” in the 1960s. I doubt that the Liberal Party leader (Mr No-name) in Victoria would agree with your notion that Bolte’s legacy should be demolished.

134. MatrixTransform says:

Pick a marginalised target group

Geez Cartesian Bob you really are working on the Narrative thing aren’t you.
    well done

135. Some History says:

Good news for the Victorian economy. The Hunchback has been busy discussing an economic stimulus package with China.

🙂

136. Roger says:

Minneapolis to be renamed Mogadishu on the Mississippi as car jackings rise 46% & robberies 36% in a year.

Police are advising residents to comply with criminals’ demands or risk serious assault.

Criminals have reportedly been emboldened by calls to defund the police.

137. Bruce of Newcastle says:

William – In the early 1960’s the Australian population was much less diverse (in part because of Labor’s policies), there was a strong Christian ethos, and the police were more respected. Marxist social justice crud hadn’t been invented yet.

Now the whole mix is so heady and fermented and rancid that I suspect Bolte would agree with me.

Public high rises work in places like Russia and China…where the police are not to be disputed with. Even then the places are miserable, although usually for different reasons than for public housing here.

138. Knuckle Dragger says:

Oh, Kulcha Bob. Keep trying, do keep trying. 9.30 this time:

‘It’s Alpurrurulam’

Yes it is, now that you’ve had time to Google it. This is how you spelled it in your original pompous lookitmoi effort: ‘Aluprrurulam’. Compounding things more:

‘which is the name of the Local Authority.’

No. No, it is not. Not going to help you this time. You can find it, Mr Research PhD. Use your own words, mind.

139. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

Doing me best, Struth. We are having a lunch here for ten on Sunday, and it will be mixed doubles, half the couples will be nice people with wool over the eyes, and the other half will be the attack team. Host and hostess will try to keep the knives on the table and the blood off the floor and enough wine and arvo cocktails for bonhomie to prevail. I am calling in caterers, as no-one will expect an injured woman to cook, will they?

140. Struth says:

Bait a Karen and then when she supports the lock down, and proclaims her learned virtue signalling make sure you let her know she is supporting the thousands more deaths to covid- suicide…”covicide”…make it a “thing” a new word they should know………….how come they don’t, they’ll panic.
    You’re not lying.
    Thousands have already died taking their own lives due to covid, and those that understand the world know most of those will be old people in old folks homes so distressed at being kept from their loved ones they , sick and confused and scared just can’t cope anymore.
    And then marked as a covid death!!!!!
    Many will be young white men and teenage boys….ok no one cares about them, so maybe keep their sex and skin colour out of it!!

Post suicide numbers ….make them up.
    They made up covid numbers so don’t let the truth stand in the way, because truth is not important to them.
    How other women see them is all that matters.
    Once they get confused about the correct virtue signal to give, they’ll shut up.

The hysterics is female .
    We need to shut them down fast.
    Make them own their support of death by tyranny, and the greater number associated with it.

Just one suggestion for the day.

141. Megan says:

MatrixTransform

#3533443, posted on August 3, 2020 at 9:23 am

Well that made me laugh. I might even use it next time! 😅

142. Struth says:

My writing style comes across as dictatorial Lizzie.
    It’s not meant to be.
    I’m just making suggestions.

143. Knuckle Dragger says:

Serious question.

Has Chairman Dan banned beards to comply with effective face mask wearing yet?

If not, why not?

144. H B Bear says:

Teh Paywallian details the ongoing attempts to give Emma Alberscreechi the arse at the ALPBC staff co-op. Fair dinkum it is easier to get rid of cancer.

145. lotocoti says:

Reflecting upon the bloody trajectory of socialist revolutions throughout history, if you were a self styled intellectual ex-tacher, who’d previously taken up arms against workers and peasants, Target Group would be your middle name.

146. caveman says:

Call a State of Disaster, let me get back to you.

147. Some History says:

The Hunchback with the Premier of Victoria ready for their presser this afternoon.

148. William the Conjuror says:

Probably not, Bruce. Undoubtedly not much Labor policy held sway in the continuous period from 1949 to 1966 under Bob Menzies. Still, plenty of diversity, what with the post-war influx of Balts and Italians and Greeks. Hard for you to accept that all that Melbourne high-rise resulted directly from non-Labor policy, I know, but there it is.

149. Caveman says:

Has Chairman Dan banned beards to comply with effective face mask wearing yet?

Wouldn’t have made any difference when the mask could be made of cheese cloth or any material covering.

150. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

My writing style comes across as dictatorial Lizzie.
    It’s not meant to be.
    I’m just making suggestions.

I know that, Struth. xxx

It’s easy for anyone to be misinterpreted on a blog.
    I often am. Shoulders to the wheel though, and let’s soldier on.
    Cliches notwithstanding. 🙂

151. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

Old sox sound attractive.
    Doesn’t Sinc have the instructions in his COVID help list?

152. egg_ says:

To the Victa the spoils!!!

A spoiled Victa?

Because the VICtard couldn’t change the spark plug?

153. Carpe Jugulum says:

Morning all, especially the cats in South Plagueistan.

The new boat (Stabicraft 1550) has been delivered and i am off to run this bad boy in and go fishing before heading up to New Ireland.

A balmy 25C, life is good.

154. rickw says:

There is method in the madness.

Fucking the Victorian economy due to government COVID insanity and then asking the Chicoms for help isn’t an accident.

However it is a ruse that MOST of Africa hasn’t fallen for.

155. MatrixTransform says:

that looks like a nice tinny

156. min says:

Does Daniel Andrews behaviour and decision making pass the new Workplace Manslaughter Laws thar he legislated to commence on the 1st July 2020?

157. rickw says:

Morning all, especially the cats in South Plagueistan.

A balmy 25C, life is good.

You are a complete bastard!!!!

What pushed my button was the balmy weather comment, need to get back to PNG!

158. egg_ says:

You should be feeling like you are surrounded by the insane.

Sanctions were popular with many Victards back in March – now, not so much.
    Fashions, fashions…

159. Mark A says:

Makka
    #3533436, posted on August 3, 2020 at 9:10 am

BTW, I “share” because I have experience worth sharing,

Did he really say that?
    A gnat has more valuable experiences.

160. incoherent rambler says:

All white egg?

161. Makka says:

Australia CoreLogic house prices for July: -0.8% m/m (prior -0.8%)

162. Diogenes says:

Shelley,
    Medical is a reason. One of the cases travelled to Melboring from the NT for essential medical treatment he could not get in the NT. The NT govt are not ‘doxing’ him, as he did everything correctly, seated apart from other travellers, masks & gloves on flight, and straight into 2 week lockdown, where he tested positive.

163. MatrixTransform says:

the burning platform

what I do for fun from my cell.
    I take all the funnies from libertarian or right sided websites and copy them into email for the missus.
    She then filters them out onto the unsuspecting ‘proper’ thinkers that inhabit her SpazzBook universe.
    When she comes outside again she tells me about who got it, liked it, forwarded it.

beautiful .. global reach

164. Shelley says:

I know the guy can’t help how he looks – but jeez a certain CMO (won’t say which because defamation but you can probably guess) comes across as slimy and sleazy. I literally cannot listen or watch him.

165. egg_ says:

We now need to get passed arguing about Covid

To be Notaflu or not to be Notaflu?

That is the question.

166. Cassie of Sydney says:

“MatrixTransform
    #3533500, posted on August 3, 2020 at 10:23 am”

How was the ragu MT?

167. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

BTW, I “share” because I have experience worth sharing,

Falling hook, line and sinker for the North Vietnamese Party line?

168. Roger says:

Apparently junior consular staff returning from overseas are exempt from hotel quarantine.

Along with minor celebrities who have “a letter from their doctor”.

Does the public not have a right to know what other exemptions have been granted by the National Cabinet or is that top secret?

169. MatrixTransform says:

awesome ragu
    had it again yesterday with mash and broccoli boiled with slivered chili and a garlic butter

the recipe has been amended to include 1/2 teaspoon of freshly grated nutmeg.
    thank you very much for that.

170. cohenite says:

Tom
    #3533287, posted on August 3, 2020 at 4:13 am
    Dave Brown (London Independent). FMD.

That is despicable; a true case of TDS and a diseased mind.

171. egg_ says:

CCL $13.88 – time to grab some before September.

172. Atoms for Peace says:

Lizzie..Bombers socks are the go. Hardly used..

173. Geriatric Mayfly says:

He left out the more salient details from that article, assuring a good night’s rest.

Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare
    #3533409, posted on August 3, 2020 at 8:50 am Hairy comes in at 1.30am as I’m dozing off and wakes me as he settles in to bed to tell me something interesting he’d just read in the Speccie, about butterflies. Male butterflies have the human equivalent of two gallons of semen. Amazing eh?

Monarchs produce ejaculate in huge impenetrably wrapped packages call ‘spermatophores…
    The tough packaging of a spermatophore is designed to delay the female from mating with a rival. No natural chemicals can dissolve it (in a laboratory, scientists use boiling concentrated sulphuric acid); but it is desposited in the bursa copulatrix of the female which has a ‘row of chintinous teeth on either side of the organ.’ In other words the female possesses that Freudian nightmare, the vagina dentata, and chomps her way through the the indigestible wrapping.

174. Struth says:

2,191 deaths by suicide in Australia in GFC’s 2008
    2132 deaths were as a result of suicide in 2009—six deaths per day.[1]
    1799 in 2006
    1800 in 2007 as the global pandemic hit.
    So the GFC added basically around 350 extra Australians taking their lives each of the two years.
    And apparently Australia was hardly effected due to the mining boom, and this is the best case scenario only by only attributing the amount of increase to the GFC.

So again, a conservative estimate, (and totally unrealistic to the actual devastation being inflicted) lets just see there that the unemployment rate went up a mere 1.8%.
    We’ve at least gone up 10% and it will be more than that.
    Then add on the isolation and tyranny that is playing on people which wasn’t then.
    The families torn apart, the elderly left alone with no one visiting etc.
    The human toll beyond the economic.
    Lets throw all that away.
    The larger Australian population.
    Let’s just go with the unemployment rate.

A near two percent increase in unemployment creates an extra 350 deaths a year.

A ten per cent increase in just unemployment would mean , what 1750 Extra deaths a year.

That is the very minimum figure, because the tyranny will take more life than just the unemployment.
    I would suggest this tyranny and economic situation is already responsible for at least 3000 this year, at the very least.
    Are you going to let those supporting it, berate you because you don’t?

175. Cassie of Sydney says:

“the recipe has been amended to include 1/2 teaspoon of freshly grated nutmeg.
    thank you very much for that.”

Pleasure MT.

176. lotocoti says:

Jeepers.
    Skimming the fever swamp of Chairman Danxi fandom on twitter, the state of fiasco was engineered to stymy the Dear Leader’s ascension to federal politics.

177. Tom says:

Funny you should mention that, min: it was the subject of Peta Credlin’s excellent column for the Sunday News Corp papers.

Credlin also has a great backroom analysis of why modern Labor governments (state and federal) are so hopeless: the ALP is full of people who love politics, but are hopeless at governing.

Well worth the read (paywalled — I read the printed version).

178. Cassie of Sydney says:

“the ALP is full of people who love politics, but are hopeless at governing.”

That’s because most of these people have never, ever had a real job..and the Liberal party isn’t much better. And as for Credlin, she’s never had a real job either….and she was fully supportive of the lockdowns back in March/April and May. She is only back-pedaling now because it is destroying the state that she lives in.

179. Roger says:

Not a worry. His declaration of a state of disaster means he can suspend acts of parliament if they are deemed to obstruct the disaster response.

180. egg_ says:

Frydenberg says we’re at war with the virus.

Our politicians are the enemy.

181. Salvatore, Social Distance Martyr says:

100 percent funded by a lottery.
    That’s amazing.

It’s also complete bullshit.

This “rebuttal” coming to you from he who says people departed Victoria in 1992 and arrived in Qld in 1987. 🤣😂😜

182. Tim Nielson:

Yes, right up until the time that cases get low, restrictions are eased, cases start to go up again, everyone panics and restrictions are reimposed…
    The current tactics* seem based on the opposite idea. Instead of regarding the current level of cases as a “flattening”, the Hunchback et. al. seem to be hoping that if they cause enough economic destruction the genie will quietly get back in the bottle and just vanish without working its way through the population.

There are two strategies to dealing with the virus:
    1. Total lockdown for 6 weeks.
    2. Voluntary isolation for susceptible persons, everybody else in low risk risk categories can do as they wish.
    The first will (and has) caused maximum societal damage and when the internment period is finished the cycle of transmission will just restart.
    The second will take place with the consent of the governed – nearly everyone from the susceptible group is on board with a temporary and effective plan. Disruption will be minimal, and most of all, this bloody useless bit of posturing filth (Dan the Man) will no longer be gracing the airways, bragging about his revenge for JC beating him up in the school hallway.
    Both strategies will work: The first will allow Dan to wreck the economy – never let a crisis go to waste is a revolutionary tactic, not an evolutionary one. The second will deliver a response a democratic society can get behind.
    The upshot is that one way treats us as citizens, the other treats us vassals to be directed.

183. Leigh Lowe says:

Palaszczuk lashes consular travel loophole

Annastacia Palaszczuk will call on the other states to scrap a loophole that allowed a consular official to enter the country and travel on a domestic flight while infected with COVID-19.

The man, aged in his 20s, flew into Sydney from overseas on Friday before he transferred to a Jetstar flight bound for the Sunshine Coast.

Under normal circumstances, travellers returning to Australia are required to undergo a two-week hotel quarantine at their point of entry, but the man was granted permission to fly straight to Maroochydore under a national exemption for consulate staff.

He was tested for the virus when he arrived in Queensland and the result later came back positive.

He is now at his home in Toowoomba for the mandatory two-week quarantine period and was the state’s only recorded new case of the virus in the 24 hours to Sunday morning.

His wife is also in quarantine.

Aaargh!
    Look out Bobby Bin-Chickin.
    They’re in town and they got diplomatic immunity!!!
    Keep those windows wound up tight in the MX5 whilst Mrs Bin-Chickin limps around Woolies.

184. MemoryFault says:

Good morning Cassie.
    People here forget – or never knew – that before she was Abbott’s Senior Advisor, she was Senior Advisor to Malcolm Turnbull. She only jumped ship from him and went to Abbott when Turnbull was ousted as Leader of the Opposition and Abbott looked like winning the next election. Personally, I don’t think she ever stopped working for Turnbull.

Credlin is the wife of Brian Loughnane, known in inner Liberal Party Circles as “The Wizard of Id”. Loughnane was the chief architect of the Liberal Party’s swing to the Left, and is the technical brains behind Photios, Textor, and the others calling the shots in the Liberal Party.

185. Leigh Lowe says:

… in a DeLorean MX5 I believe.

186. Leigh Lowe says:

Welcome Faulty.
    How are The Big Websites (plural) going?
    Has the AFP tumbled your stash of buried nerf-guns yet?

187. Don’t need money. Don’t need infamy. Don’t need a PhD, to ride this Miata.

188. Roger says:

Palaszczuk lashes consular travel loophole

A loophole she agreed to as a member of the National Cabinet.

189. rickw says:

The reason is because at that point in time, they had no actual legal basis for demanding a passenger in a vehicle produce any sort of identification.

190. Leigh Lowe says:

Just saw an advert for a show called “Farmer Wants a Wife”.
    I suspect it could be more aptly called “Gold-digger Wants a Farm”.

191. Leigh Lowe says:

Which is why the copper said “it would make life easier for all of us”, not “you need to produce ID on demand”.
    But as has been observed already, coppers have a dangerous toad on a hoe here.

192. Siltstone says:

Roger
    #3533544, posted on August 3, 2020 at 11:15 am
    Palaszczuk lashes consular travel loophole

A loophole she agreed to as a member of the National Cabinet.

“We are all in this together!”

193. rickw says:

Are you going to let those supporting it, berate you because you don’t?

Thanks Struth, good analysis. The true human cost of Government COVID response is horrendous.

They get to avoid that scrutiny however because of our slack jawed media.

In 12 months time we’ll get to see that these idiots fed the Australian People into an actual meat grinder.

194. MatrixTransform says:

I’m tired, I’m frustrated, and I’m angry at myself

I bet you can hardly type

195. woolfe says:

@woolfe
    Not satisfied that #euthanasia laws were killing enough oldies #DictatorDan sentences them to solitary confinement to increase death rate.

196. Leigh Lowe says:

MemoryFault

#3533555, posted on August 3, 2020 at 11:27 am

Get fvcked Low Lowe.

I’ve just spent the better part of a week trying to unsuccessfully talk someone near and dear to me out of topping themselves, again. I’m tired, I’m frustrated, and I’m angry at myself for failing her yet again.

Sorry.
    Don’t come in here holding up your maudlin self-pity as a shield.
    Not buying it.
    And if you are about to go down the path of raising a subject that Sinc has specifically asked everyone to stay away from, you might want to cease and desist.
    You don’t want to be responsible for what might flow from that do you?

197. woolfe says:

Hey Struth you on Twitter? Cummon jump in the sewer, plenty of easy targets and its lovely and warm as the shit never stops.

198. Knuckle Dragger says:

‘stupid, fvcking, repetitive comments’

Yeah.

‘Put Your Sitting Member Last’.

199. Steve trickler says:

Worthy of a bookmark. 47 minutes in and he’s confirming what most people here think. I say that with respect.

Side note: A lot of digital book burning going on at the moment. How long with this clip last on this platform?

200. Leigh Lowe says:

The very last I need is you and your stupid, fvcking, repetitive comments …

Thanks for confirming what topics topple your gyros.
    😀😀😀😀😀😀

201. Farmer Gez says:

Neil Mitchell 3aw – The Karens are full of rage about the terrible selfish people who go about their business regardless of Covid.
    No private business is too big to throw into the volcano for the girls.

Unsurprisingly when asked, all the Karens work in the public sector. Job secure and a nice little pay rise a week or so ago.

Don’t be Karen – they are silly people.

202. MemoryFault says:

Thanks Struth, good analysis.

Good morning Rick.
    Struth got one bit partly wrong. The “10% unemployed” does not include those on Jobkeeper, or those on Jobseeker as a result of the lockdown in March. Add in the Jobseeker plus at least half of the jobkeeper lot and you have over a quarter of the non PS workforce unemployed.

That’s worse than at the height of the Great Depression, and that is what is coming to a reality near you very soon.

203. Salvatore, Social Distance Martyr says:

Palaszczuk lashes consular travel loophole

A loophole she agreed to as a member of the National Cabinet.

It’s so not fair! How can anyone be expected to understand stuff like that? Anyway, it’s not fair to blame someone for cabinet stuff, those meetings are meant to be secret, or something.

204. mh says:

Elle has been carrying on like a pork chop on various blogs for at least a decade.
    She needs professional counselling.

205. rick w:

This guys machine tool addiction is almost as bad as mine

Never apologise for your addiction, rickw – I share it.
    Would have loved to done metalwork at school – I find it fascinating to watch the live product being removed from the lump of dead metal. Industrial grade artistry.
    Unfortunately, I was told I had to do French and History at school.
    The only French I remember now is “Vous jig a jig avec mois, mademoiselle?” but I get by.

206. Pedro the Loafer says:

Somebody upthread was defending Melbourne’s high rise slums and blaming a Liberal Premier from 50 years ago for the disease, crime and drug ridden blots on the landscape.

Why are they still standing, FFS? Successive Vic governments have spent millions on tarting them up and they still are third world quality slums.

Even Chicago USA (the city where 432 people have been murdered this year) had the common sense to knock down their WW2 vintage slum towers after the gangs turned them into “no-go” precincts.

short history of Cabrini Green Highrise

207. Salvatore, Social Distance Martyr says:

Their ABC’s channel 24 had an interview this morning (probably being rerun every hour) with a restaurateur in Melbourne. Poor bastard was almost bleating.
    It’s clear the survival rate in the game in Melbourne will be about 0.01%
    Well done Dan Xiaoping & Scomao.

208. jo says:

Ree Row, so solly, I missed the “Elite” got confused and joined the Mincing Poodles. Its based in SA. Glorius Reader is having a submarine named after himself. He has picture of Maocom on the wall and watches reruns of I Love Lucy Too. Have I made a mistake?

209. Leigh Lowe says:

jo

#3533583, posted on August 3, 2020 at 11:53 am

Look, to be honest Jo, we’ll take anyone in the Cardigan Commandos.
    None of us are getting any younger and I suspect more will be taken off by the dreaded dodgy ticker than will die in battle.

210. egg_ says:

she was fully supportive of the lockdowns back in March/April and May.

And there are those who say they reserve the right to change their mind, once they have new information.

That may sound reassuring, but once you’ve blasted off for Alpha Centauri, it’s not always easy to change course once you’ve made a bad decision that you have to live with.

211. Loved the ‘toons, Mark A – especially the sunset.

212. Leigh Lowe says:

… carrying on like a pork chop on various blogs for at least a decade.
    …. needs professional counselling.

In all seriousness, that is a very good point.
    Well intentioned but amateur attempts at support can do more harm than good.
    If a “helper” brings their own unconscious biases and agendas to the table, that can wreak havoc.
    I have seen this before first hand.
    I would suggest anyone trying to help someone in crisis contact a telephone support service to establish likely “no go” areas.

213. MatrixTransform says:

Have I made a mistake?

I Ruv Rucy was velly funny

214. Boambee John says:

Almost certainly apocryphal story of the sculptor asked how he approached his work. He responded “Simple really, if I want to sculpt an elephant, I set up my block of stone, then take a hammer and chisel, and chip away everything that doesn’t look like an elephant!”

215. egg_ says:

You don’t want to be responsible for what might flow from that do you?

Rodeo clown issues a threat?

Quelle surprise.

216. egg_ says:

Well intentioned but amateur attempts at support can do more harm than good.

/Dr Lowe

217. caveman says:

State of Disaster powers say police can just enter a home without a search warrant, gets rid of those pesky door knockers.

218. egg_ says:

Thanks for confirming what topics topple your gyros.
    😀😀😀😀😀😀

/2 y.o.

219. Leigh Lowe says:

egg_

#3533594, posted on August 3, 2020 at 12:08 pm

You don’t want to be responsible for what might flow from that do you?

Rodeo clown issues a threat?

Merely an observation.
    The dust settles on an issue which Sinc has asked to leave alone and up pops Faulty throwing accusations around about causative factors.
    This then draws a defensive response from people legitimately defending themselves against a concocted slur.
    And so it goes.
    Simple advice that, if welfare is his concern, do not throw petrol around.

220. Nope

Put your sitting member last is sound advice in Australian elections.

There really isn’t much at all differentiating the Liberals from the Greens. Let alone the ALP.

..and I make no apologies. Gotta zip! Time to deal with some rat lovers.

221. Leigh Lowe says:

Cracked egg.
    Breaking news.
    BRADLEY MANNING still in the slammer.
    Going nowhere (at least until he tells them where the body is).

222. Leigh Lowe says:

Ha, ha.
    Right on cue-queue.
    Very apt.
    Squawking peacock the opening act for Faulty.

223. Leigh

I know the NT Full Supreme Court knocked Murdoch back but some of the inconsistencies are somewhat concerning.
    If bad appellate decisions were precedential, the NT CCA could be the most pre-eminent in anglophone nations.

I still don’t think Joanne is good crumpet. Nothing personal, I don’t find her repulsive either.

224. Leigh Lowe says:

Not quite.
    The clubhouse leader is the Vicco Court of Appeal.
    Batting 18 HC knockbacks from 24 innings since Maxwell got in the big seat.
    You do realise too, that the HC reviewed the BRADLEY MANNING case and refused leave to appeal?
    So not just NT courts.

225. Knuckle Dragger says:

Joanne Lees was a haggis in 2001 and is unlikely to have grown better with age.

On the scale of Pommy backpackers, rated slightly lower than Germaine Greer.

226. Top Ender says:

Former soldier’s ‘rogue’ missions
    EXCLUSIVE
    CHARLES MIRANDA

A DECORATED former top Special Forces soldier has revealed his Afghanistan deployment was so dull and poorly supervised, he was able to effectively go rogue and loan himself out to foreign armies for Taliban kill missions.

The ADF and Department of Defence have launched an inquiry into the extraordinary admissions the former 2nd Commando Regiment Warrant Officer – known as “H” – made in a podcast series where he reveals the lengths he went to take his war “off the books”.

His recordings provide rare insight into the culture and missions of the Special Forces at a time they and their operations are under federal scrutiny for potential war crimes.

Among his claims was how, on arrival in Afghanistan with the ADF, he purchased a phone and laptop on the black market and created a Hotmail account specifically to seek incountry foreign force missions.

He details, on the popular Life on the Line military veterans podcast series, how he then fudged his way into coalition operational security briefings and went on unsanctioned Australian missions with counterpart forces including from Italy, Germany, Canada and local Afghans, for up to three weeks in the month.

The now Queenslandbased former soldier would disappear for days on missions such was, he says, the lack of ADF and 2 Commando direction and “very, very little supervision” during that 2008 deployment. H said now head of army, Lieutenant General Rick Burr, a commander in Afghanistan at the time, eventually discovered by accident when foreign forces asked for more Aussie troops like “H”.

“No one knew really what I was doing and it wasn’t in the traditional sense properly authorised or waved with some wand from above … I got a bit of a kick in the arse over it but nothing really happened,” he said, conceding he was addicted to combat like a drug.

The podcast comes at a bad time for Australian Special Forces, whose activities in Afghanistan are under investigation, notably for allegedly unlawful killings and war crimes. There is no suggestion H’s alleged activities form any part of the brief. Defence last week confirmed it was aware of the podcast.

NT News

227. egg_ says:

What’s the bet Marcus Adonis/Manuel Ute has a head like a cabbage?

228. Nope, only thought it was an NT thing. If he’s exhausted his appeals you need very compelling evidence. That’s swayed me against our Brad. I should have assumed it was game over given the age of the matter. Mea culpa, mea culpa maxima.

229. Leigh Lowe says:

Knuckle Dragger

#3533610, posted on August 3, 2020 at 12:25 pm

Joanne Lees was a haggis in 2001 and is unlikely to have grown better with age.

On the scale of Pommy backpackers, rated slightly lower than Germaine Greer.

And she got 350 large for a book deal.
    Plus body language.
    And rarely visits the town where she owns property.
    It is all starting to add up, Mzzz Marple.