It’s official

Before social distancing: Victorian MPs hug one another for legalising the killing of the vulnerable and the elderly. (Nov 22, 2017). A redundant initiative on their watch, as it happens.

This entry was posted in COVID-19, Shut it down. Fire them all., State Politics. Bookmark the permalink.

165 Responses to It’s official

Dan declared a disaster.

2. A reader

Dan is a disaster. I’ve hated Victoria for a long time and Victorians too. I’ve changed that now. I want to give them a collective hug. They don’t deserve this shit. I assume Chairman Dictator Dan is rapidly changing the state constitution at the same time because parliament can in Victoria and he’s suspended that too

3. nb

An odd situation where leftist governments punish their constituents for the sin of the broader population voting non-left. We can be sure hydroxychloroquine will become a miracle cure in November if ‘Biden’ wins, that is unless the virus is suddenly declared entirely harmless, with blame for all that fake news about harm sheeted home to the current president.
    Anyhow, in the meantime, China will be pleased with Dan.

Victorian voters keep electing ALP expecting a different result.

5. mundi

Chairman Dan’s curfew will increase community transmission.

It forces all the people who exercised and shopped after 8pm, to now go before 8pm. This means there will be higher numbers of people shopping/exercising at the same time, and higher community transmission.

6. Lee

Victorian voters keep electing ALP expecting a different result.

Not this Victorian voter.
    I have always utterly despised Dictator Dan and just about everything he stands for.

7. Penny

How this can be allowed to happen ??? The language is appalling “state of emergency” Purely designed scare people shitless !
    The consequences of this is going to be dire on so many fronts
    He doesn’t believe he’s done anything wrong, that’s why he’s able to front up to press briefings

Does this mean Black Lives Matter marches will still go ahead?

9. MatrixTransform

Mission Accomplished

10. Crazyoldranga

I’m waiting for him to announce a UDI and to invite the PRC into The State as protectors of the new Democratic Republic of Victoria. Meanwhile, as mentioned above, more people doing shopping etc in less time. Unless of course supermarkets don’t spread Convid 1984.

11. Judge Dredd

I hear that Stage 5 is concentration camps, and then Stage 6 they bring out the ovens.
    All for our own good of course.

12. Roberto

This is a catastrophe. And it’s all entirely self-inflicted.

13. candy

“State of Emergency” but no Federal help, is extraordinary.

It is very distressing for Victorians though, going backwards like this.

14. notafan

We’ve been in a state of emergency for ages.

It’s now a state of disaster

15. notafan

If nursing home residents are only being offered palliative care, it’s no wonder they are dying.

16. duncanm

Who’s the ‘you’ he keeps mentioning ?

17. HT

Lee
    #3532578, posted on August 2, 2020 at 4:24 pm
    Victorian voters keep electing ALP expecting a different result.

Not this Victorian voter.

I like living in Victoria. Despite the politics it’s a pleasant place to live, much under-rated by many who think Victoria = Melbourne.

And I agree whole heartily with Lee. Despise is probably a tad strong; try not to have hate in my heart and all that.

But Victoria is essentially now under Marshal Law, or Dan close to it.

18. duncanm

Why did the first sign-language girl get pulled at 15:30 ? Not on message ?

19. duncanm

Oh – must be a WHS limit on ‘max continuous signing’ – they swap over every 15min or so. FFS

20. Lee

“State of Emergency” but no Federal help, is extraordinary.

Candy, the federal government is in a very difficult position when dealing with a fraud and a snake oil salesman like Andrews.
    Help Victoria out, and Andrews will inevitably claim the credit, unless things go belly-up, in which case he thinks he has an alibi to excuse himself, and blame Morrison and the federal government.
    As a Victorian, I wouldn’t trust Andrews any further than I could throw him.
    Now, I am prepared to accept that the federal government would offer help to Victoria in good faith, but they’d be dealing with a man who has none.

21. Biota

I wonder how the fake judicial enquiry is going now?

22. Squirrel

State of Disaster – the new official slogan for Victoriastani car number plates.

The disaster happened when he dynamited Hazelwood power station.
    Or maybe it was when he paid $1.1 billion to not build a road.

24. HT

duncanm
    #3532627, posted on August 2, 2020 at 4:47 pm
    Why did the first sign-language girl get pulled at 15:30 ? Not on message ?

Probably testing if the media noticed as she was hurled into the waiting Soylent Green delivery van.

25. mundi

If the other states contain the virus, and its just VIC, the federal government should end JobKeeper and JobSeeker.

It should be up to the Vic and Victorians’ who voted in Dan to take the hit, not the rest of the country.

All in this together is extremely unfair. It means that a leftist loonie socialist could cause a diaster in their state – that we as a nation would have to pay for, and shirk any responsbility the population of that state has to vote in a better leader.

Morrison as seriously dropped the ball with his ‘all in this together’ mantra.

26. John A

How come the supposedly working Premier is not wearing a mask – like I have to at my work, eh?

27. Terry

Exactly what will it take for the ex-free citizens of Victoriastan to grab their pitchforks and drag this evil dictator and his cronies out of Spring Street by the ears?

Nah, vote him in again, go on. The yoke is for your own safety.

You get what you deserve. Congrats. Well done.

28. Mick Gold Coast QLD

From stackja at 4:20 pm:

“Victorian voters keep electing ALP expecting a different result.”

They have done that for 38 years! The exception was Jeff Kennett for 7 years last century, but they found the sacrifice they needed to make to claw the State back into some sort of acceptable shape was all too hard for them so they booted him and installed Bracks instead.

Chuckle, chuckle, chuckle. Dunno why they are complaining so now, they asked for Labor and they surely got just that. I enjoyed regularly visiting Melbourne, doing business there, dining out. The locals voted to change it, no-one else.

Used to rather enjoy Melbourne, but I haven’t set foot in the place now for years.

30. Bruce

There’s something about Dandrews and Erich Honecker….

31. HT

I have sympathy with the argument Mundi. But. What about SA, NT or Tas as the current, serial offending mendicant states? Or WA up until recent history when mining took off, a mendicant state which today just barely pays its own way (despite their hype).

This is no time to be “othering” our fellow Australians. Australian states are already painfully parochial, this self inflicted catastrophe is ramping that up to 11.

I rarely use blue language, rarely see the need and I’m critical of losing the subtlety and beauty of the English language. But think we can agree that, although Mrs Andrews has one, Premier Daniel Andrews, is one.

32. MACK

Ironic that the Putin doco is on TV now. The parallels are eerie.
    “If you do anything to interfere with my political control, you will be punished.”

The disaster happened when he dynamited Hazelwood power station.
    Or maybe it was when he paid $1.1 billion to not build a road.

They just keep coming.

But now he can suspend acts of parliament.

34. sfw

How long till civil disobedience becomes the norm? I never thought there would be blood in the streets of Australia but the Diktator has put it out there. When will it start? 3 weeks? six weeks? longer?
    I’ve never had a government benefit, not even the first home buyers grant, I have received family allowance but I look at that as reducing my tax bill and that’s it. Today my wife and I worked out that we’re better off ceasing business and going on Jobseeker for the foreseeable future, I feel sick but financially it makes sense, what else can I do?

35. HT

safe: I have never wished or hoped for violence on the streets. But maybe somewhat shamefully I’ll admit, for the first time in my life I’d be up for some hard-core civil disobedience.

36. HT

Grrr. Bloody autocorrect! sfw, not safe

37. Ceres

Great comments above, sum up this Victorian’s view of the despicable Daniel Andrews. Stuffups galore which were avoidable, but ultimately as many are now realising, we have to learn to live with this virus and target the vulnerable for protection and let the other 99% plus, resurrect their lives

38. duncanm

So six weeks is the defined period.

I’m with you sfw, I can’t see many putting up with it. Certainly not that long.

39. louis

@sfw

Mate 70%+ of the population have no skin in the game. Someone else pays for the meal on their table and the roof over their head. Or you get State paid public servants and politicians who get paid regardless.

I willing to bet money Dan still gives out exemptions for funerals and religious celebrations of a particular religion.

I also wonder what sought of intel and kompromat Dan’s CCP handlers have given him to use in his arguments with, and demand of, the Federal government.

40. notafan

Telling people they’ve got dan for two more years.

Can’t even have vote of no confidence til next year.

Looks of horror.

41. Chris M

Hahaha you live in a cr-phole state that voted for this. But then if you work for the state you will not suffer of course, only non-party members cop it comrades.

At least my state is um… only run by the police commissioner.

42. Howard Hill

I’d be up for some hard-core civil disobedience.

Ain’t going to happen. Losers in Victoriastan wouldn’t even defy the mask mandate. Next the hunchback will declare Covid1984 is spread by flatulence and mandate all Victoriastanis wear butt plugs and they will all dutifully conform!

AKarrenAffair will squeal all Melbournians are farting in the streets and manufacture some bogan that defies the butt plug mandate while simultaneously advertising Bunnings new and improved China butt plugs and Nein news will have a segment on kangaroos wearing butt plugs while taking a dip at the beach.
    The Australian Bolshevik Collective (Their ABC ) will show a segment on a typical family of three gay mozzies and their goat all inserting each others plugs while tending their home garden.

Welcome to hell.

43. Rex Anger

@ Howard Hill-

I went visual on that horrific mental image of yours for about 12 seconds.

You evil, evil man.

You are so not on the Anger Christmas Card List now.

(Assuming they still let us have one of those this year…)

44. duncanm

18000 just rallied in Berlin to protest the restrictions. I suspect they know what they’re fighting against.

45. Joanna Smythe

If it were the Liberals running Victoria, the media would be calling for your head on a platter. Daniel Andrews, being a Socialist and on the same Team as the media, will always be regarded as the man who is saving Victoria and he will probably be voted in again next time. If you don’t live there, just count your blessings.

46. Howard Hill

Sorry, Angry. Just tellin it how it is 🙁

Yep.

48. Lee

Joanna, I have said this before somewhere, but if Jeff Kennett (or probably any other Liberal premier) were running Victoria, the MSM and the Left generally would be calling him bungling, dictatorial, and worse, and calling for his head.
    Having said that, Kennett would have handled things quite differently, we can be sure, and he would not have handed hotel security to Labor-affiliated mates (with disastrous results), without even a tender, apparently.
    I am quite convinced (having lived through the Kennett premiership myself) he would not have allowed industry and business to stagnate or grind to a halt for several months.

49. Rockdoctor

I agree with the above at resistance to this. There will be no fightback other than a few isolated incidences that the Police can deal with. Most won’t even make the news unless on the nutty side that can be used to discredit anyone speaking out against.

The conversations I have had over the last couple of weeks lead me to believe we are a nation of sheep taking everything from Government and chosen experts at face value. An English teacher at High School told me I didn’t take things at face value, something that remains with me to this day. Vast majority of people except us Cat dwellers don’t, there lies the problem. The popular stereotype of the ex-convict descendant Australian bucking the system is an absolute myth in my experience.

50. Spurgeon Monkfish III

WTF?

LIVE: MORONAVIRUS CRISIS
    Victoriastan enters state of disaster, Stage 4 lockdown on

Stage 4 restrictions have been triggered in Mosquebourne and Victoriastan will enter a ‘state of disaster’ tonight, as state records seven new deaths and 671 new cases.

From the Oz.

It’s HOP Time, you useless imbeciles.

51. Spurgeon Monkfish III

Time to get a B52 fleet dropping a massive payload on Mosquebourne and Victoriastan.

Fatty Trump, please help us rid the world of this scourge. 😕

52. NoFixedAddress

Make sure you have and use a reliable VPN.

Wrong think is already on the books in Andrewslandia.

53. louis

Just to put a conspiracy out there-

China did recently warn there would be consequences for Australia. What a coincidence we get a viral spread in a State effectively controlled by CCP, through their man Dan. I’m betting the economic consequences are pleasing to the CCP, not least of which being that it will triggered it’s debt trap that Dan so eagerly entered into.

54. Howard Hill

molon labe!

55. min

Can A lawyer out there look at his WorkplaceManslaughter laws he has recently legislated ?. Seems to non lawyer me he and his cabinet could be prosecuted by them .
    opinion please ASAP

56. Carpe Jugulum

Dan xi Andrews – Enva Hoxa without the literacy ar railways

57. HT

NoFixedAddress
    #3532913, posted on August 2, 2020 at 7:37 pm
    Make sure you have and use a reliable VPN.

Wrong think is already on the books in Andrewslandia.

Ummm. Most of my time in my former employment was in fact in three letter agencies. If you ever get serious about going dark, please don’t rely on VPN alone. Just sayin’ 😉

58. gafa

louis
    #3532805, posted on August 2, 2020 at 6:46 pm

Yes, this is a big part of it and all them pubic servants have even been silenced further by their recent pay rises. Too much diversity now. Just a disparate conglomeration of socially divided ghettos, no unity anywhere anymore…alas, in Victoria’s time of need the Sharpies, Skin-Heads and BroadyBoys are long gone.

59. Chris M

It’s HOP Time, you useless imbeciles.

Na, Vics are very placid and accommodating. I reckon at least 80% support this.

A related issue would be the TGA in Canberra banning medication to ensure there are regular deaths; you’d think the relatives of the handful of old folk that have died from this China virus should be upset at a minimum.

60. NoFixedAddress

HT
    #3532966, posted on August 2, 2020 at 8:01 pm
    …..
    don’t rely on VPN alone

agree but in the dark days of The Covid Times it’s best to start somewhere.

61. Lee

That photo at the top reminds me of the time, not long ago at all, of the loathsome sight of Victorian parliamentarians rejoicing and hugging and congratulating themselves for passing a late term abortion bill, as though it were something to be proud of.

62. Lee

Na, Vics are very placid and accommodating.

Nope, I never voted this verminous lot in.

63. HT

NoFixedAddress
    #3532980, posted on August 2, 2020 at 8:09 pm
    HT
    #3532966, posted on August 2, 2020 at 8:01 pm
    …..
    don’t rely on VPN alone

agree but in the dark days of The Covid Times it’s best to start somewhere.

We should teach people about digital hygiene before worrying about COVID-19. I guarantee more harm has and will befall Australians by the former rather than the latter.

64. nb

We know the Chinese have bought Daniel Andrews. We know the Chinese deliberately infected the West with their virus. We know that the Chinese have bought Biden through a massive investment in his son. We know that it is the Democrat states in the US (and a Labor one in support in Australia) that are promoting economic disruption the most vigorously, including with lockdowns and riots. We know Dianne Feinstein employed a Chinese spy. Many more connections exist between the Chinese and the woke, the Chinese and the Democrats.
    The pattern is interesting. Seems to me the Democrats (and their ALP lackies) are just lackies of the Chinese. Owned, lock, stock, barrel. Their every act seems consistent with the Chinese cause.

65. Why now exactly?
    Because that muesli holiday where they cut the throat of terrified sheep went by 2 days ago.
    There was no way Dan was going to put in these restrictions before then because none of the throat cutters would have complied.

Now you watch. In places like Broadmeadows, Westmeadows etc, many will not abide by these new restrictions, but nothing will happen to them. The cops won’t enforce anything around those suburbs.

66. NoFixedAddress

HT
    #3532993, posted on August 2, 2020 at 8:17 pm

++++

67. Howard Hill

We should teach people about digital hygiene before worrying about COVID-19

Again, not going to happen. You’d have to get them to ditch their Goolag and rotten apple tracking devices for a start.

68. Rex Anger

Sorry, Angry. Just tellin it how it is 🙁

Still traumatic 🙁

Hilariously accurate. But still traumatic. 😛

Robert Hughes in The Fatal Shore reckoned we were uber compliant, going back to the convict era.

70. mem

F U DAN has just killed off more businesses than started in the past 5 years. A dumb philistine politician has created more damage than than any economic or health crisis in the history of this nation. There are only 208 people dead ascribed to (or with) corona virus so far in Australia. Where is the perspective? We are a nation of over 25 million people. The death rate is 8 people per thousand actually slightly less. And of those that died the large majority were already terminally ill with age related diseases and afflictions. More peoplein this group usually die every year from flu, food poisoning and other causes. So why the huge beat up and demolition of the economy? The man is either evil or stupid.

Chairman Dan’s curfew will increase community transmission.

Chairman Dan’s Wrongology knows no bounds.

72. HT

Howard Hill
    #3533050, posted on August 2, 2020 at 8:44 pm
    We should teach people about digital hygiene before worrying about COVID-19

Google is easy to move off. Move over to a browser that respects your privacy. Apple are actually pretty tight security wise – believe it or not and provided you practice basic digital hygiene. Android: not so much (barely at all, in fact, unless your a very sophisticated Andriod user).

There is no absolute security online. But it fairly easy to lower your digital footprint to the point where only a highly specialised organisation that has legal relief from privacy constraints have a realistic chance to dox you.

I haven’t “gone dark”, no need to be paranoid. Just sensible digital hygiene is all that’s needed to protect yourself from the stupid that is out there, or from random acts of stupid we all visit upon ourselves at some time because we’re human and therefore by definition, imperfect.

State of Danaster, more likely.

Calls for Danage Control to the fore.

SloMo being his enabler.

74. Leo G

Daily exercise, including exercise at-home, is allowed for no longer than an hour must be within five kilometres of home.
    Why the restrictions on exercise at home?

That would be SloMo and his National Cabinet and CMOs – Andrews is just a byproduct thereof.

76. mem

Some perspective please:
    The Black Saturday fires started on 7 February 2009. Approximately 400 fires were recorded across Victoria, affecting 78 communities. A total of 173 people died in the fires, and 2 029 houses were lost.
    We did not close the state down we kept on going! Wake up you morons in government. You are causing far more damage than you could ever know.

77. Docket62

In an interesting development for the chairman:

The use of HCQ and its proven effectiveness (https://c19study.com/) is going to be a problem for the State Government because of their own work safe laws that INCLUDE members of parliament. Basically if they do or fail to do something that results in the injury or death of a person then they are liable to 25 years in prison.

Personally they should be hung.

78. Megan

We definitely don’t deserve this shit…the restrictions and Bat Eared Moron both

79. We have 30 Million doses available but the TGA altered the prescription level to exclude all GP’s and only a small group of specialists can prescribe it.

All to back a degenerate child sniffing senile fool. There is no other reason other than Twump Derangement Syndrome.

80. Nob

Lee
    #3532891, posted on August 2, 2020 at 7:25 pm
    handed hotel security to Labor-affiliated mates

lee and others – I’m interested in any source for this allegation.

I find it only too believable but where is the proof?
    Who are the security organisations involved?
    What are their connections with ALP?

the tender process, not such a worry.

Disclaimer – I’m biased because I’ve never been involved in a tender process that produced good value to the end user and wasn’t a huge time- and money-wasting exercise in itself.

Nob

#3533257, posted on August 3, 2020 at 12:02 am

Lee
    #3532891, posted on August 2, 2020 at 7:25 pm
    handed hotel security to Labor-affiliated mates

lee and others – I’m interested in any source for this allegation.

Three companies.
    One a labour donor.
    One an accredited Indigenous supplier.
    Rumour has it the other does not have six degrees of separation from a minister’s advisor.
    No tender.
    Too urgent.
    All still got their contracts.

82. Rayvic

“Why did the first sign-language girl get pulled at 15:30 ? Not on message ?”

If it was the same girl that started waving her arms at 14.30, she would probably be exhausted.

83. Ozman

Victorians are being shafted by a devious scheming communist who wants to subjugate Victoria to China.

Many reports from studies are pointing to COVID-19 not being as contagious as the WHO propaganda vassals are making out.

The National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) published A study on infectivity of asymptomatic SARS-CoV-2 carriers

Among many other truths the study found

A young woman in Guangzhou China with congenital heart disease was hospitalized for a long time without suspicion that she was Covid-19 RNA-positive. By the time she tested positive, 455 people had had contact with her including hospital staff, other patients, and family members. All contacts were traced, and despite 8 having respiratory symptoms, all 455 RNA-negative.

84. Rayvic

“Na, Vics are very placid and accommodating.”

Yes, provided they don’t murder unborn babies and treat the aged like vermin.

85. Fair Shake

We Victorians are as dumb as you claim. Listening to Melbourne radio 3aw this afternoon and caller after caller said Dandrews was an honourable man and doing his best. We had all let him down. Then they banged on about people not wearing masks walking in the park. If we give the chunt a pass for this then we will never pull the trigger on his govmint. However I do suspect these talkback callers are his Union minions who taxpayer funded flood the callback lines with pro Marxist shyte. Reminds me of the Talking Heads song, ‘We’re on a road to nowhere…’

Who are the security organisations involved?

60 Minutes interviewed some involved.

87. The Sheriff

The Victorian Coalition wouldn’t do anything differently to Dictator Dan. They are just as left-wing as the Vic ALP these days.

88. Soberinthemorning

Curfew etc, for this? How incredibly disappointing but also predictable. The woke left are the true authoritarians of the modern age.

89. Nob

Lee,
    I understand what you’re saying but that’s just the same allegations repeated.
    Who were the companies?
    Which is the indigenous one?
    Which is the one connected to the minister’s advisor?
    Which minister?

I’m a drilling engineering guy living in Europe. I’m not going to sue you.

90. Boambee John

mem

Embrace the power of “and”!

91. paul Barton

I think everyone is missing the point. andrews has upped the anti every time he had to cover something up.It’s called doubling down, and it’s about telling a big enough lie.
    There’s every chance that his “Under Investigation” numbers are his Testing Stations themselves.
    So here’s what is going to happen over the next weeks. Feel free to prove me wrong
    Testing will fall off rapidly because people are scared to leave home..
    We won’t see the Testing numbers, but he will crow about how cases are falling because of his control.
    I never did find out what “Cases” meant.
    He will not allow hydroxychlorine + in nursing homes even though he has unfettered power right now, but its proven effectiveness may to be a problem because work safe laws that INCLUDE members of parliament.
    But the TGA just altered the prescription level to exclude all GP’s and only a small group of specialists can prescribe it. It this a conspiracy theory?
    Once he has killed of the remaining sick elderly, the death rates will also drop rapidly, oh, within six weeks, and he will be a saviour.

92. cuckoo

The curfew is Kabuki Crisis Theatre. It’s just one more thing rummaged from the bottom of the prop basket to scare the peasants with.

Saw the Queensland CMO on tv last saying, in response to a question of whether she would be mandating mask use, that masks “are a last resort…you only use them when everything else has failed”. Huh? If masks work, then wouldn’t it be better to deploy them as soon as possible? I said “if”…

93. Iampeter

Victoria has never legalized the killing of anyone. These unhinged, Alex-Jones-Esque comments undo whatever positive message you may have had.
    Although, as a nationalist getting everything you ever wanted from things like these curfews, it’s not clear what your issue is anyway.

94. Louis Litt

Rock Doctor- interesting re your English teacher.
    I had an English teacher who said that success full people are not the x or y of the world(these guys got 100% for maths physics chemistry,) But the people who are able to articulate and convince people of their arguement. Unfortunately this is true and far worse it seems to me that it is the people who have no idea what they are talking about. Look at the Turnball, Andrews, Christine Keneally, Tania Plibersec, Shorten, Bowen, McGowan, Jusinta Adern.
    [email protected]#* there are a lot of stupid people around.

95. sabena

In his book Diplomatic Witness,Sir Paul Hasluck comments on the lack of courage of the wartime Curtin government.He quotes Sir Frederick Shedden,secretary of the Department of Defence saying the ministers rushed round after the bombing of Darwin like a lot of chooks with their heads cut off and Sir Owen Dixon describing them as a pusillanimous crew.Hasluck’s own verdict was that the Government scared the public because it was itself scared.
    The same comments apply equally to the present governments,state and federal,differing only in degree.

96. Papachango

+1 – I’m sick of this shit. Not Just Comrade Dan’s diktats and obvious fuck ups, but I’m even more appalled about how readily my fellow Victorians support it, some even seem to enjoy having all their liberty ripped away.

I always thought civil disobedience and marching on the streets was a tool of the nutty left / anarchist collective – but maybe it’s time.

97. Up The Workers!

The last two Liberal Leaders that Mogadishu-By-The-Yarra has had, were Ted Bailed-Out and Dennis Nap-Time, after which the Party just fell asleep and hasn’t bothered since.

Sir Henry Bolte would be turning cartwheels in his grave.

98. Bad Samaritan

Bruce (6.02pm). back in the day I was involved in helping Easterners get out. We in the Amerikanische Sektor did not hold them all responsible for what their f’wit leaders and compliant collaborators did. We know there were souls to be saved and so we made an effort to get them out!

Right along the Vic borders we Cats should be waiting with rafts and dinghies: with grappling hooks and flying foxes; ramps for motorcycle jumps, and even some tunneling gear (fence-post hole diggers anyone?)

As I used to tell my colleagues back in Wannsee and the Berliner Foerst when we were out to save Fugitives from guys like Erich “What I want from each and every one of you is a hard-target search of every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse and doghouse in that area” Until we can rescue every non-leftist Viccy we just gotta stick at it. Let’s go!

99. wozzup

“Daniel Andrews – also known as ‘Cuomo-on-the-Yarra’ – will declare Victoria a disaster at 6PM this evening.”

What’s new? Victoria has been a disaster since 2014 when Andrews became Premier. Oh, yeh, I know what’s new – now even Andrews himself is being forced to acknowledge it.

100. John A

Iampeter #3533398, posted on August 3, 2020, at 8:37 am

Victoria has never legalized the killing of anyone.

Well, the last one the government actually did for itself was Ronald Ryan, but then we have more recent legislation a) to permit the killing of unborn babies and b) to permit the doctor-patient relationship to change so that living is less preferred than dying.

Victoria has never legalized the killing of anyone.

LOL.
    Its VAD legislation authorised doctors and nurses to kill people.
    That’s on top of its extremist abortion-on-demand ‘reforms.’

102. Robbo

There are eight people in that photo. Two appear to be normal.

103. Rex Anger

Lolwut, IamCognitiveDissonance?

What is abortion other than the legalised (not lawful) murder of unborn children, IamDoublethink? What is Euthanasia (as often actually practised in Europe) other than the legalised murder of the eldetly, IamMemoryHoling? Hint: It ain’t ‘assisted suicide’ when the patient is fighting you as the needle goes in…

Have you already forgotten your tirades about abortion and euthanasia bekng ‘individual rights’ when the kill(ing) Bill was passed in Viktoristan a few months back? And how those evil Christianists not only wanted people to die but to suffer too? Well, Pepperidge Farm (and the Cat) remembers…

IamTheSubjectiveIrrationalist once again takes the knee to his pantheon of True ‘Right-wing’ Saviours: Saint Karl, Saint Margaret and Saint Adolf…

104. Annie

I’m sick of everyone blaming Victorians for Disaster Dan. A lot of us did NOT vote for him EVER (or Liebore for that matter, EVER). I do blame DD for this complete and utter dog’s breakfast of a mess-up. It is the incoming travellers and anyone who tested positive who should have been TOTALLY quarantined, fully enforced by competent people; not the rest of us having our lives shut down.

105. Iampeter

Its VAD legislation authorised doctors and nurses to kill people.

No, VAD legislation allows the already dying to commit suicide in the most painless way possible to end their suffering. It formalizes what goes on in hospitals as a matter of routine, with nurses and doctors helping the terminally ill drift away all the time. But now there’s a proper process in place and patients administer it themselves wherever possible. In other words, VAD does the exact opposite of what you’re suggesting.
    Of course as a good religious death cultist, suffering is the whole point, so it makes sense that you would oppose this, just like your kind opposed the development of literal pain killers back in the day.

And abortion doesn’t kill anyone. Obviously. That talking point is crazier than people believing in more than two genders. It’s just another example of how conservatives are as crazy and authoritarian as any progressive.
    People are just meat and cattle to conservatives. Which, funnily enough, is not that different to the Marxist view of people as just being “muscle.”

CL, I can always count on you and your supporters here to demonstrate Blair’s law in full effect.

This is a common misconception. The protocols used in the administration of opioids in pallative care are carefully designed not to induce respiratory depression and subsequently death. Patients receiving opioids who show signs of respiratory depression are administered a counter medication. Further, there is little actual clinical evidence for the so-called “double effect” of pain medication. Doctors administering opioids are not killing people, they are alleviating pain.

107. Annie

Rock…what is abortion other than killing human beings? Right up to birth? It is murder.

108. dover_beach

Here is section 46 of VAD 2017:

A practitioner administration permit in respect of a person specified in the permit authorises the co-ordinating medical practitioner for the person, for the purpose of causing the person’s death—

(a) to prescribe and supply to the person a sufficient dose of the voluntary assisted dying substance specified in the permit; and

(b) in the presence of a witness receive an administration request; and

(c ) to possess, use, and administer in the presence of a witness, the voluntary assisted dying substance to the person…

Clearly the VAD Act authorizes doctors and nurses to kill vulnerable people. BTW, note the Orwellian term for the lethal dosage, ‘voluntary assisted dying substance’.

109. Bad Samaritan

Annie (10.30am). “A lot of us did NOT vote for him EVER (or Liebore for that matter, EVER).”

At 9.51am I made exactly that point. Cats should be helping get you out instead of mocking you for being held prisoner.

What is the go here? No-one has even agreed to maybe help out FFS.

Catbirds are go!

110. Professor Fred Lenin

Labor the party ofDeath .
    Euthanasia , legal drug rooms , unionquarantine corruption .
    The left Kills !

There is no such thing as medically “assisted suicide.”
    It is nothing more than the legalisation of homicide.

Testing will fall off rapidly because people are scared to leave home..

“Doctoring”* the figures is all Andrews can rely on, now he’s painted himself into a corner.

*Da ironing!

113. dover_beach

Indeed, but let us not think that the misconception is not relied upon by proponents of the new morality so they can normalize murder. That is why IamMengele pretends that a position that protects the vulnerable, whether in utero or terminally ill (even though their position cannot limit itself to the terminally ill alone) purportedly treats the human being as just meat and cattle. When, in fact, it is they that treat the human being as if it were mere livestock, slaughtered where unwanted or unfit. Their lies are always revealing.

And medical ethicists who ought to have known better have failed to recognise it as fallacious. If one reads the literature one finds the so-called double effect is simply assumed rather than critically investigated. It is a grievous failure on their part.

115. dover_beach

There is no such thing as medically “assisted suicide.”
    It is nothing more than the legalisation of homicide.

No, no, no, this is nothing more than the administration of a ‘voluntary assisted dying substance’. Did you kill A? Coordinating medical practitioner: No, I didn’t. The ‘voluntary assisted dying substance’ went in. In the space of two decades we have legislated the murderous rationalizations of psychopaths and sociopaths.

116. Rex Anger

…abortion doesn’t kill anyone. Obviously. That talking point is crazier than people believing in more than two genders.
    I Say Again: Lolwut, IamCognitiveDissonance?

If you project any harder, IamTheMostSubjectiveIrrationalistOfAllTheRandroids, the wonks at ACMA are going to come after you for piracy.

Saul Alinsky called. He says you are a useless reactionary, not even fit to be categorised as a Useless Idiot. Also, he wants his rulebook back!

117. mem

Good news: Covid-19 lockdowns led to fewer premature births
    In places like Denmark and Ireland, the number of preemies with very low birth weights were down by at least half.

118. mem

n one region of Ireland, the rate of preemies with very low birth weight was down by 73% between January and April compared with averages over the preceding two decades http://trib.al/3M6CRWM
    Somewhat smaller decreases have been observed in:
    Canada
    Australia
    The Netherlands
    Source Bloomberg Opinion tweet.

Good news: Covid-19 lockdowns led to fewer premature births

Interesting as there is a hypothesis that many premature births are caused by viral infections.

120. dover_beach

Roger, given their distaste for the principle of double effect, why do you think they have any interest in clearing the waters re the actual usage and effects of palliative care? As they argue, if treating pain hastens death, why does the intention of relieving pain alone matter if doing so nevertheless results in death even if this is an unavoidable side effect of pain relief? Why can’t we just deliberately hasten death also? Hard to give this argument legs if the proper usage of palliative care doesn’t hasten death.

121. old bloke

Docket62
    #3533189, posted on August 2, 2020 at 10:20 pm

In an interesting development for the chairman:

Personally they should be hung.

State governments won’t be liable as the TGA is a Commonwealth Government agency, Scott Morrison will be held responsible for Australia’s Chinese Virus deaths.

122. Are you familiar with the concept of crown immunity?

123. old bloke

Are you familiar with the concept of crown immunity?

That’s irrelevant Dot, I can envisage Albo in Parliament in six month’s time pointing at Morrison and calling him a murderer.

The ‘voluntary assisted dying substance’ went in.

Ah yes. You’re quite right, Dover.

125. That’s true too, old bloke.

m0nty could be his speechwriter.

Killing grannies! Pools of blood! etc.

126. The left is death.
    The right is life.

127. The BigBlueCat

Iampeter
    #3533398, posted on August 3, 2020 at 8:37 am
    Victoria has never legalized the killing of anyone.

Yeah, well, you’ve been proven wrong on that one. Especially the death penalty (repealed in the 1960’s). And VAD, where it is clear that the medical practitioner administers the cause of death. And what about police powers to use lethal force? We’ll have to agree to disagree on abortion (I see it as killing, you don’t).

128. Kneel

“…Mrs Andrews has one, Premier Daniel Andrews, is one.”

Caring
    Understanding
    Nineties
    Type

129. Iampeter

But they ALSO often help the terminally ill drift away. All the time.
    Except what used to be “discussions” in the form of half finished sentences and understanding looks between doctors, nurses and families, it is now a clearly defined process, specifically designed to eliminate potential abuses. Not that those abuses is what this is really about to religious leftists, like the conservatives that oppose VAD.

There is no such thing as medically “assisted suicide.”
    It is nothing more than the legalisation of homicide.

Except it’s literally not.
    But I guess when your positions are entirely arbitrary, all you have are rationalizations and sloganeering. Gotta appeal to peoples emotions in the absence of any logical arguments, right?
    Here, let me help.
    How about, “unborn, terminally ill, Christian lives matter!” Now you can just copy-paste and save yourself a lot of time.
    See? With a bit of effort you too can sound every bit the authoritarian leftist, who thinks his arbitrary technicalities are justification to force others and confusing his unexamined, roiling emotions on an issue for actual understanding.

130. Iampeter

So if you replace “‘voluntary assisted dying substance” with “bullet from shooting gun” and “medical practitioner” with “police officer,” would you still conclude that we “have legislated the murderous rationalizations of psychopaths and sociopaths?”

Do you really not see the obvious issue with what you’re saying?

131. Rex Anger

IamTrulyDelusionalPlsSendHelp continues to argue Up is Down, Black is White and the legally sanctioned (but unjustified) homicide of unwanted infants and senior citizens, isn’t.

The ghosts of Ayn Rand, The Austrian Corporal and Saint Josef have got themselves into a good 3-way armwrestle for control of Petey’s joystick, and gosh isn’t he enjoying it.

Try not to scream at us too loudly, IamABitTooRevolutionarilyFervoured. Someone might get worried and call the Stasi on you. Or worse, think you’re having the time of your life and want to join in…

Dan Red Shirts, Lawyer X, Pell, branch corruption, now virus. Next?

133. The BigBlueCat

Iampeter
    #3533723, posted on August 3, 2020 at 2:05 pm

But they ALSO often help the terminally ill drift away. All the time.
    … Not that those abuses is what this is really about to religious leftists, like the conservatives that oppose VAD.

So what you are supporting is that because it was illegal previously, albeit a blind eye being applied, let’s just make it legal. So you actually agree that the State of Victoria allows medical practitioners to administer the agents that kill those who elect VAD. Therefore, the State has legalised the killing of people via VAD laws.

Not to mention the death penalty was applied up to 1967 (repealed in 1975) and the police are authorised to use lethal force under certain circumstances.

The least you could do it admit that you were wrong with your Victoria has never legalized the killing of anyone comment. Even if you don’t admit it, we all know you were wrong.

134. HT

136 ppl as at today, over what, 5 months = Hysterical Response and imprisonment of 6 million people. FFS, I can no longer process the stupid.

135. HT

Watching Andrews presser live. I’m ashamed to admit I viscerally detest this man.

136. gafa

Sadly, you would be in the minority. My hope is that the more Danny ramps up his stupidity and draconian measures the sooner it is that people will snap out of their zombie state and the fight or flight instinct will tip into fight not fear…but alas, I won’t be at all surprised to have my hopes dashed.
    MSM and Social Media have become the founts of all evil and Gen Y and Z are so gullible, so easily coerced, so lacking in independent logical thought and just so piss-weak…Feelings before Facts!

137. Howard Hill:

…while simultaneously advertising Bunnings new and improved China butt plugs…

You didn’t mention the butt plugs are battery powered and needs changing every week. Everyone will be allocated a day to change those batteries. Eveready Dolphin size batteries.
    I repeat: The squeal you hear from the Bay City Saunas will not be from the new Volksradio station that Maximum Premier Dan has just sold air time to.

138. Ozman:

Yes, I can see a Public Asset sale coming up soon for a very lucrative Public Asset.
    If they still have any left.
    Do they?

139. Papachango

Yes I fear you’re right. Maybe we should start out slowly to ease people who aren’t used to protesting (aka non lefties) into it. I’m tempted to start doing a daily ride/walk that goes for say an hour and one minute and 5.001 km from my home, and slowly increase the time/distance, posting it to Strava with a suitable hashtag #DefyDansDictatorship or something

140. Nob

egg_
    Thanks for posting but none of those 60mins links or videos can be seen from overseas.

Would appreciate if somebody just pull themselves aside from the euthanasia distraction troll and tell me who these security firms were, and what their connections with VICLab are.

141. dover_beach

I would, if, as the medical practitioner above, the police officer deliberately killed an innocent person.

142. Iampeter

Well, this is different to the scenario of yours I was responding to, but it’s also just as irrelevant.
    Just another attempt at appealing to emotion, in order to rationalize your arbitrary opposition to things like VAD, abortion, etc, in the absence of anything resembling logical and political arguments.

143. dover_beach

The scenario is the same. Person requests that the police office administer a voluntary assisted dying substance, otherwise called a bullet. Police officer obliges killing the person.

Also, remember this began when you wrongly claimed that the Act doesn’t authorise a doctor to kill a patient when, as I showed above, section 46 does exactly that. You skated past your error there because your a dishonest liberal clown, IamMengele.

144. Iampeter

That’s not when “this” began, as this is an irrelevant point that wasn’t being disputed by me pointing out that VAD allows for self-administration where possible. That’s why I didn’t even bother responding to it.

“This” is just me saying that you have no logical, political arguments to support your opposition to things like VAB, abortion, etc, because your opposition is completely arbitrary.
    As such, all you have are rationalizations, which in this case are the kind that are designed to appeal to emotion.

145. dover_beach

No, it is when it began as your first statement on this thread was the denial that the VAD Act authorized any such thing. Yet, as I showed above, the VAD Act does authorize doctors to administer the ‘voluntary assisted dying substance’ and thereby kill the patient. But given your intellectual dishonesty and moral cowardice, you deny that this ever happened and that you were wrong yet it is plain as day.

146. Iampeter

I never denied it, as explained, for a second time no less, in the very post you’re responding to.

In any case, this is irrelevant to the fact that you have no logical, political arguments to support your opposition to things like VAB, abortion, etc, because your opposition is completely arbitrary. All you have are rationalizations.

Wonder how you’ll try evading this next…

147. dover_beach

So you’re admitting you made erred in your first entry in this thread? Good.

148. dover_beach

sorry, you erred…

149. Iampeter

So you’re admitting you made erred in your first entry in this thread? Good.

Clearly not, you disingenuous creep.
    But as predicted you need to keep evading the fact you have no logical and political arguments.

150. Rex Anger

Petey, screeching at us like a budgie fighting its own reflection is sad.

You engaged in peddling obvious falsehoods, projected at us, called us names and now you’re trying to salvage a win by shifting the goal posts and starting again. Just to feel a momentary spark of superiority over we ‘irrational’ and non-onjective lesser beings.

If this is just how desperate you are for human interaction, IamTerriblyAlone, then that is truly regrettable.

151. dover_beach

LOL, you just can’t admit you are wrong when you so clearly are; intellectual dishonesty, thy name is IamMengele.

152. Kneel

dover_beach
    #3534781, posted on August 4, 2020 at 10:10 am

Iampeter
    #3533398, posted on August 3, 2020 at 8:37 am

Victoria has never legalized the killing of anyone.

Iampeter
    #3534820, posted on August 4, 2020 at 10:41 am
    “I never denied it”

Perhaps you would care to issue a correction to one or the other…

153. Iampeter

Actually I do admit when I’m wrong and have done so quite a few times at the Cat. Unlike dishonest people like you.
    I just don’t have anything to admit here.
    Which is of course just another level of disingenuous since it’s you who is refusing to admit that you have no arguments, just rationalizations for your arbitrary position on this and every issue.

Perhaps you would care to issue a correction to one or the other…

Um, no. As has already been explained:

154. Rex Anger

I just don’t have anything to admit here.

Sounds very much like an evasion (with a free No, U! Dover, you lucky bastard…) from IamMoreSlipperyThanAPre-LubedGerbil…

155. dover_beach

I see IamMengele is still unable to admit he was wrong. Moral coward as well as intellectually dishonest, but we already knew.

156. Iampeter

This is sad and pathetic.

To me saying:

You responded with details from section 46 of VAD 2017, which doesn’t dispute what you were responding to. So you didn’t prove me wrong about anything. You just went off on a random tangent that wasn’t in dispute, as is often the case.

On the flip side, I’ve pointed out that as usual you have absolutely no logical and political argument for your opposition to things like VAD, and that you would keep responding by evading this fact. Which you have continued to do exactly as described.

So it’s you that is unable to admit you are wrong and it’s you that is a moral coward. Or as I already described, you are a disingenuous creep.

157. Rex Anger

Still huff-n-puffing, IamGoingtoHaveTheLastWordNoMatterWhat?

We’ve stymied you again, repeatedly. Your repetitive attempts to defend, uphold and peddle utter wrongology about Victoria’s state-sanctioned infanticide and geronticide have again failed. And all the name-calling and No, U!s in the world will not change this fact.

Pick another hill to die on, troll.

We’ll be waiting for your Pseudo-Randian (Crypto-Marxist) arse when you get there…

158. dover_beach

Oh dear, s 46 does prove you wrong as the ‘voluntary assisted dying substance’ is administered by the doctor thus killing the patient. The doctor kills the patient, the patient doesn’t commit suicide. It is amusing watching you squirm about avoiding the obvious.

159. Iampeter

Yea and as explained many posts ago:

…this is an irrelevant point that wasn’t being disputed by me pointing out that VAD allows for self-administration where possible. That’s why I didn’t even bother responding to it.

But more importantly, this doesn’t change the fact that you have no logical political arguments and are evading this fact because you are a disingenuous creep, while trying to project your behavior onto me.

As usual there is no recovery for you, just digging deeper.

160. Rex Anger

Still trying to get the last word, IamDesperateToWinMyLostBattle.

Still trying. And still failing.

Picm a new hill, trolly-kins…

161. dover_beach

No no no, you said firstly:

Victoria has never legalized the killing of anyone.

Then when CL responded:

LOL.
    Its VAD legislation authorised doctors and nurses to kill people.

you countered with:

You first categorically denied that the VAD Act authorizes doctors killing patients. You then tried to hide this by talking about the terminally ill committing suicide. Now you’re claiming that you never disputed C.L.’s claim, a claim that I backed up by referring to s. 46? Who are you kidding? You are too silly for words.

162. Iampeter

That’s not what you responded to, so you’re now moving the goalposts.
    This new point shouldn’t need clarifying either. When CL says that VAD act authorizes doctors killing patients, he means legalized murder, or something similar. He even used the phrase “legalisation of homicide,” which doesn’t even make any senses since homicide can be perfectly legal and even throws in a reference to abortion. All of this to suggest that this is some kind of murderous act that the state has legalized. This is what I was denying. This is obvious and the fact that it needs clarifying is not a good look. This is the usual tiresome splitting of hairs that occupies most of the pretend discussions here to avoid facing the fact that you don’t know what you’re talking about.

But I’m denying the above because, as usual, it is an arbitrary assertion. Neither you nor CL have any logical and political arguments against VAD and wouldn’t know where to begin.

There’s no recovering from this now because if you had a clue and an argument you would’ve just started with those. All you can do is keep trying to have the last word and try to save face by continuing down irrelevant tangents that will not change the fact that you don’t have any arguments.

Dig, dig.