Tuesday Forum: August 4, 2020

3,743 Responses to Tuesday Forum: August 4, 2020

1 7 8 9 10 11 15
  1. Trump2020 bears?
    Hehe
    How many EC did I too last time?
    Trump is now the only hope for the USA.
    The people know this.
    CA to go red is like 25/1
    Nancy, curb stomped.
    Hahaha
    MAGA

2. Seemed to have worked in Chile and the USSR. Cuba might be considered a counterfactual. Also note Chinese *capitalism” is still an experiment. The other half is still very Maoist. How many uprisings had China had lately?

Hubris!

…and for Chile and the USSR?

Wait, what, weren’t the advisers and proselytising politicians of the West in favoured by both libertarians band conservatives?

Cue:
    Reagan was not a real conservative.
    Milt F was a commie.

There is no way to prove it is causal, but the observation is valid.

Gunner

RE as in real estate? Why do I give a rats about real estate? To me, RE is consumption – not investment except for the land. And why would I give a rats about the land alone if there’s no dwelling on top or carved in that I can consume?

4. Struth.

More than 100 people are listed as attending the protest, billed as the “Freedom March” outside state parliament on Sunday.

God bless ’em.

Already a different reaction by the cops.
    10 000 BLM fine……………………..

5. What if Melbourne &NYC become Detroit’s?
    ACAB tagged all over your building.
    Is your kid voting Trump?

6. Struth.

Get a few trucks out in front.

7. I’m just stirring, JC
    Good to see a bit of the old fire.
    👍😃

8. H B Bear

One of my uni lecturers at uni was an advisor to the Chilean government in the mid 80s. Smart guy, not your (very) average academic.

9. “Freedom March” in Melbourne’s CBD on Sunday. Police say the protest will put Victorian lives at risk.

Oh shit.
    It’s gonna be a massacre.
    Hehe
    I’ll be there. Say a prayer for me with the ladies, nota.
    Can a sober Cat set up the GoFundMe please?

Eyrie
    #3537959, posted on August 6, 2020 at 5:04 pm

But in fairness, I read that we do have 5000 Aussies living ( not holidaying ) in Beirut.

Old age pensioners and those on disability living it up on regular Australian welfare payments. No intention of coming back to Australia unless things turn to shit where they are. Also part of the reason you can only get a month’s prescription at a time. Relly in Aus finds friendly doctor gets him to prescribe for symptoms described on PBS and if you could get 6 months all of it mailed to Lebanon. Either used or sold on there.

Not sure about the disability.
    Read it last year about the Serbian gent who was on a disability and was technically ineligible?

Could be mistaken, as said before I’m hopeless with bureaucratic stuff.

11. notafan

‘Three workers in their 70s and one in their 80s’.

If they are in health care they’d have to be doctors still shaking the golden Medicare tree.

What if Melbourne &NYC become Detroit’s?

Well, that’s just bad luck I suppose. But look, maybe it’s just me, I’d rather live in Detroit than be holed up in a rural town. “Detroit” gets a really bad rap, but the burbs are actually okay and some are pleasant.

I’m usually a glass is half full kind of dude. I’ve lived a decent life, pretty had what I wanted and did what i wanted . If it goes to shit in the later years i can still look back on the good old days. No drama.

Tailgunner

#3537958, posted on August 6, 2020 at 5:03 pm

the building of CBD towers.
    Yep, it’s all over.
    Any Bois with kids& mortgage assets getting extremely edgy.
    Buy gold, shits about to get real, for Realz.

Interesting.
    The leader of da bois, Thickhead Setka was all cool with it last week.
    Radio adverts on high rotation talking up Dan Xi-Man’s plan.
    Maybe if any of da bois have any balls they could ask Johnny what sort of haircut his paypacket might take.

14. notafan

There might be grandfathered arrangements for DSP but I’m pretty sure it’s not portable anymore

In any event Gunner, I can always put the blame on wifey as I wanted to live in Florida. 🙂

Have you eaten next week’s valium already?

17. Perth Trader

Will Clive Palmer be at the ‘Freedom March’?…..I’d really like to see footage of Clive resisting arrest and manhandling into the back of a divvy van.

18. Freedom March” in Melbourne’s CBD on Sunday. Police say the protest will put Victorian lives at risk.

Y’all want to do something?
    Mass text anyone in your phone in Yarragrad.
    Ask if they’re with you.
    We all have to go.
    Bring EVERYONE.

Have you eaten next week’s valium already?

No, but do you think it works?

20. Freedom March” in Melbourne’s CBD on Sunday. Police say the protest will put Victorian lives at risk.

Just say you’re a POC.

21. I wanted to live in Florida.

🤙🤙
    #BrowardCountylyfe
    🤣🤣

Tailgunner

#3537961, posted on August 6, 2020 at 5:06 pm

NYC& Yarragrad are all over.
    Stay away from RE, JC!
    Your 2-0 down.

Speaking of people batting 0-2 today, where has Faulty gone?
    Broken fanbelt on one of The Big Websites again?

Perth Trader

#3537987, posted on August 6, 2020 at 5:24 pm

Gonna needa bigga van.

24. Perth Trader

Clives my hero right now…anyone who can drive Mark Mcgowan nuts is Kool to me.

25. Perth, or anyone, Cardimona? Get a raven to the fat idiot and get him down here.
    Latham too.
    Peeps from New South& Snowtown – attack the border.
    Film it all&post, natch

26. Coin trading

Just bought a George III “bull head” half crown.

The Aussie and UK soveriegns and half sovereigns will have to wait.

The gold price dictates…I take up fossicking as a hobby.

2,847.85 AUD/oz

Phwoar, lads!

27. jo

No why did Fisher and Paykel for example move to NZ?

They started in NZ 70 years ago. But yes, labour costs in Aus far too high.

28. Armadillo

Can a sober Cat set up the GoFundMe please?

Counts me out. Good luck with the rest of them.

#yourdreaming

29. *move manufacturing back to…*

For the pedants.

Didn’t enjoy the Isaiah quote, LL?

I thought it quite apt given the organised and vicious harassment of Folau from day one. And what has come of it.

Beware of staying in FT character too long. Gold lamé might start to look attractive.

31. El Presidente Clive’s coins would be “bull head” coins too.

What a fatso.

32. MemoryFault

I think you are right, Nota.
    If memory serves it changed when the assessment criteria changed in 2012. Those already on the benefit (previously called Invalid Pension) retained portability, while those assessed from 2012 didn’t get the same allowance. But I’m only going on memory – I haven’t checked so could be wrong.

33. Armadillo

Buy gold, shits about to get real, for Realz.

Gold in the bank, Orange at the ballot box. Go the Quinella.

Clive has lost a huge amount of weight.

Which makes him easy to kidnap.

35. bespoke

I’d rather live in Detroit than be holed up in a rural town.

Why? JC.

36. Wow.

Who said starting off was tough!?

Makes me ashamed to be a “millenial” (technically). No gumption, heart at all and they cry on a coin flip.

A first home in Moree. It says land but it is a fixer upper.

19a Tycannah Street, Moree, NSW 2400
    Residential Land
    $12,000

Stupid pricks don’t need 1.1 mn AUD 4 bedders in Annandale as a 1st home!

calli

#3538003, posted on August 6, 2020 at 5:31 pm

Didn’t enjoy the Isaiah quote, LL?

Very apt.
    Just thought I might editorialise about what Isaiah might have added specifically about Bandana Man.
    Kind of like the way he gets his pet research assistants to scour the Bible for a single phrase he can take out of context and beat Christians with.

38. Perth Trader

Clive lost weight ?….whats he down to..200kilo.

Besopke

There’s not much to do that I would like doing in a small rural town. At least you’d save money as there’s not much to spend it on other than bear necessities. Also, I just like cities.

40. MatrixTransform

and manhandling into the back of a divvy van

As you may have worked out already, I was dragged up rather then bought up.
    A mate of mine reckons that actually i was dug up.
    but I digress.

I kinda had 2 fathers.
    My Italian old man (bless his soul), and my Bio-old man who, despite his best efforts, is still kicking.
    Well, he would be if his knee wasnt completely stuffed

He’s a bit rowdy
    I got stories that would make yr curl.
    but not this one.

About 15 years ago the polis pulled him at the round-about in Rosebud.
    no rego, unroadworthy and they wont let hi drive it
    a 60yo with a bung leg and he must have started with the lip …

him: Well how do I get home? Me knee’s fucked
    polis: get in the back of the divvie van
    him: I’m not fucken dog, I’ll come in the front with yous
    polis: get in the back or we’ll put ya in the back
    him: it’ll take more n you two
    etc

turns out it didn’t more than 2

anyway, a black eye, $2k fine and a 12 month good behavior bond later and he’s sitting in front of me telling the story.

…and laughing his arse off.

Thanks for Knowlesy link Gunner

41. If only one of the coppers was called Clarence…”oh sir!”…

42. P

Comment from conservativetreehouse Presidential thread:
    Hey guys, a little update from Melbourne, Australia.

burginthorn says:
    August 6, 2020 at 2:19 am

calli
    #3538010, posted on August 6, 2020 at 5:35 pm

Clive has lost a huge amount of weight.

Which makes him easy to kidnap.

Really? Has he stopped the after dinner dinners? I know, I’ve mentioned it a couple of times but even so, it’s quite funny. I know a dude who went to a conference dinner with him. After Clive gave him a ride. Clivester asked the driver to stop by a maccas as he was still feeling peckish.

44. Armadillo

I note that Bidens “history’s biggest political advertising spend” is targeting “gambling platforms” as part of the “online component”.

That’s interesting in the sense of what they are trying to achieve with their advertising $.

The pollsters and punters can’t both be wrong? Surely not?

I saw photos of a svelte Clive not so long ago. Is he CovidComfort eating?

On punishments for the horrible, vindictive bandanaman, just watching Izzy enjoy his life and thrive is punishment enough.

46. Oof.

James Woods
    @RealJamesWoods
    Let me get this straight. You’re Kamala Harris’ former press secretary, and you have been hired to choose what the President can and cannot post on Twitter to the American people?

47. Clivester asked the driver to stop by a maccas as he was still feeling peckish.

Or Cthulhu Palmer, as he is known to his friends, as they are known to each other as “great old ones”.

Oh. Is see. He’s stacked it all on again.

He must have been lonely and wanted another Clive to talk to.

49. jo

Leigh Lowe
    #3537983, posted on August 6, 2020 at 5:22 pm

Tailgunner

#3537958, posted on August 6, 2020 at 5:03 pm

the building of CBD towers.
    Yep, it’s all over.
    Any Bois with kids& mortgage assets getting extremely edgy.
    Buy gold, shits about to get real, for Realz.

Interesting.
    The leader of da bois, Thickhead Setka was all cool with it last week.
    Radio adverts on high rotation talking up Dan Xi-Man’s plan.

That’s the problem. None of the bastards go without.

50. notafan

I liked your addition LL.

Very appropriate for the Christian bashing faux verse
    quoter

51. bespoke

I just like cities.

Fare enough JC I hate crowds or any group more then eight max.

52. Knuckle Dragger

‘him: I’m not fucken dog, I’ll come in the front with yous
    polis: get in the back or we’ll put ya in the back
    him: it’ll take more n you two’

Simpler times. Better times.

53. Armadillo

A first home in Moree. It says land but it is a fixer upper.

It would be a good rental investment “as is”. No point “fixing up” anything in that particular area of town.

54. Maj

6 Christian families in India given ultimatum: Deny Jesus or flee

Police in India have ordered six Christian families to either renounce their faith or flee their homes after they reported being brutally attacked by a radical Hindu mob.

Joginder Bhuya, a Christian, told persecution watchdog International Christian Concern that he reported the attack to the Latehar District Police station of Jharkhand state on July 5. But instead of filing a report, officers gave Bhuya an ultimatum, saying they must either convert back to Hinduism or abandon their homes and leave the village.

“I thought the police are there to protect and serve justice, but the police spoke exactly what the religious fanatics have been telling us,” Joginder said.

Earlier, Hindu village leaders had convened a meeting to discuss the fate of Christian villagers who had refused to renounce their Christian faith. There, it was decided that the Christians would be chased out of their homes and the village if they didn’t abandon their faith and “re-convert” to Hinduism. When the Christians refused to accept Hinduism, they were attacked.

“They tied our hands and legs with a rope,” Bhuya recalled. “All the men’s hands and legs were tied with the rope. That way they might have thought that we cannot defend ourselves. They also misbehaved with our women and kicked them all over their body. They punched us on our faces and back. It was a very pathetic and helpless situation for us.”

Bhuya managed to escape and then ran to the police station where he informed police about the attack. Around the same time, the Hindu villagers also reached the police station where they pleaded their case to officers who supported kicking the Christians out of the village.

Attacks on Christians in India have been on the rise since Narendra Modi of the Hindu nationalist Bharatiya Janata Party took office as prime minister in 2014.

A report from the Delhi-based Evangelical Fellowship of India has documented 135 cases of persecution against Christians in the first half of 2020.

The group estimates that actual numbers might be much larger, but says that many instances of persecution go unreported due to fear among the Christian community, a lack of legal literacy and the reluctance/refusal of police to register cases.

“The police have been very reluctant and slow to register FIRs in these cases involving recognizable offenses despite being duty-bound to do so under Section 154 of the Code of Criminal Procedure,” it notes. “Even in the cases registered with the police, most never come to court.”

In March, Christians in Uttar Pradesh state were falsely accused of forcefully converting Hindus to Christianity and were subsequently brutally beaten by a drunken police officer who then ordered them to pose like Christ on the cross.

Christian rights activist Dinanath Jaiswar from the advocacy group Alliance Defending Freedom said that police in Uttar Pradesh have “time and again unleashed their anger against minorities.”

“It appears the Hindu extremist groups are closely working with the police officers to target Christian worship,” he said.

In July, a woman in Redhadi, a village in India’s Khunti district, who had recently converted to Christianity, was brutally murdered by four youths associated with a Hindu fanatic group.

The woman was the fifth Christian to be murdered in India in the last two months. Previous killings included a woman, a teenager, and a pastor — all targeted for their faith. The killings took place in Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Odisha, and Maharashtra.

India is ranked No. 10 on Open Doors’ 2020 World Watch List of the countries where it’s most difficult to be a Christian. The group notes that Hindu radicals often attack Christians with little to no consequences.

And some folks here want more Indian immigration??

Wake up Australia before it’s too late!

55. Counts me out.

I knew my name was mentioned at the Bookies Guild meeting just before Christmas, 2016.
    You guys know how to hold a grudge,huh?

56. Knuckle Dragger

For some reason the Pies are on the telly at this weird hour.

Umpired by a at least one chick. Ladeees, etiquette enquiry:

Can you refer to a lady person as a bald-headed flog or not? I mean, what are the rules here?

Uncharted territory.

57. It’s a racket, jo.
    OMCG style but way bigger.
    You gonna come at the King, better not miss!
    I need to get to Setka up close.
    We’re need the street army.

him: Well how do I get home? Me knee’s fucked
    polis: get in the back of the divvie van
    him: I’m not fucken dog, I’ll come in the front with yous
    polis: get in the back or we’ll put ya in the back
    him: it’ll take more n you two
    etc

turns out it didn’t more than 2

Back in the ’80’s.
    Race week.
    Daughter of prominent VRC committee member was very quick out of the gates in the French Bubbles Guzzling Handicap on the morning of the Derby Day.
    She is 55kg sopping wet and fails to pace herself.
    By about 9:00 that night she and her besties were still cutting loose at an establishment in South Yarra.
    Knocking drinks over, abusing all and sundry.
    Told to go.
    Won’t go.
    Cops called.
    They drag her out.
    At the back door of the van she decides to make her last stand.
    Bint : “You can’t do this. Do you know who I am?” (Yes, really).
    Polis : “I don’t know who you are. But I know what you are.”
    Bint : “I am not going in there!” (Places one hand either side of the door).
    Polis look at each other. Eyeroll. One whacks her firmly on the outside of both wrists, breaking her grip, whilst the other bundles her in the van. A brief disorderly display of skewed fascinator, knickers, heels and rearranged race frock before the door slammed shut.

59. Armadillo

You guys know how to hold a grudge,huh?

Don’t take it personally. It’s business.

60. Lol, my mass text has just produced a racket with my old partner now in BrisVegas.
    Haha, BananaLand, here I come!
    #Lannistershomegames

61. feelthebern

Detroit property prices have been pretty decent over the past 5 years.
    It helps when you realise 20 years of rioting drives away business investment.
    2017,2018,2019 saw massive Opportunity Zone investment into Detroit.
    Gentrification has worked well for it.

62. And my fucked brother called me a dick.
    I
    #collaborator d him.
    Civil War? Lol, life comes at you fast!
    MAGA

63. Farmer Gez

JC loves the burbs.

Each to their own.

I find myself crawling the walls when I’m stuck in suburban homes for very long. I suspect that this work from home thing will lose its appeal very quickly as the the walls start closing in.

64. Opportunity Zone investment into Detroit.

#StringerBelllyfe

I’m slow on the uptake tonight. I got the tone of voice right, just not the target.

LL’s malediction has to come from this guy. 😂

66. Mick Gold Coast QLD

From Legalise Sedition at 5:38 pm:

“Welp

Wrong side of the river Dot, the north side is civilised.

67. Wow, the mass text is an amazing honey trap.
    Wanna know who’s in?
    Try it.
    Too easy bois

Must be hell. 🙂

Why can’t we dig deeper than 12.2 km into the Earth?

I have traveled to about 3.5 kilometers beneath the surface at the Western Deeps mine in South Africa. The problems of going deeper were obvious.

We had to descend three separate shafts to reach the face, which took over an hour. Shafts are limited to about 2,500 meters depth because the weight of the wire rope holding the man-carrying cage exceeds the strength of the rope. Even to reach that depth it is necessary to have a tapered rope.

The rock temperature was over 60 degrees C (140 degrees F). The mine pumped thousands of tons of slurried ice down the mine every day in order to maintain the air temperatures at workable levels.

Such depths are only possible because the rock surrounding the gold reefs is very strong. However the rock is subject to immense stress. Sometimes it breaks explosively in a ‘rockburst’. A month earlier a rockburst had killed three miners.

The workings at the Mponeng shaft at that mine have now reached 4.2 kilometers below the surface.

The Russians drilled (not dug) a deeper hole at the Kola Superdeep hole. They had planned to go to 15 kilometers but stopped at 12.26 kilometers because the rock at 180 degrees C was hotter than expected. In a 23 cm (9 inch) wide hole it is not possible to pump down enough drilling fluid to keep the drill head cool.

Drilling so deep is tedious and expensive. Pulling out the 600 or so drill pipes in the string is very time-consuming every time the drill head needs replacing. Maintaining as straight a hole as possible when it is 12,000 meters long but only 23 centimeters wide is difficult. Too many turns and kinks in the hole cause unsustainable friction and forces on the drill pipe.

The temperature of the rock causes difficulties with drill fluid chemistry and degrades the strength of the drilling head and the drill pipe.

The same problem of supporting the weight of the pipe occurs and the hole must be tapered.

In short a hole to a depth of 12 kilometers pushes drilling technology to the limit.

69. thefrollickingmole

Can you refer to a lady person as a bald-headed flog or not?

Bald badgered flog?

70. rickw

Just say you’re a POC.

Gunner, let’s not forget the nugget hey!

71. Maj

Those poor widdle illegal aliens!

Don’t worry, I’m sure President Trump will be happy to buy you a one-way ticket home.

Wave of evictions expected as moratoriums end in many states

BALTIMORE (AP) — Kelyn Yanez used to clean homes during the day and wait tables at night in the Houston area before the coronavirus. But the mother of three lost both jobs in March because of the pandemic and now is facing eviction.

The Honduran immigrant got help from a local church to pay part of July’s rent but was still hundreds of dollars short and is now awaiting a three-day notice to vacate the apartment where she lives with her children. She has no idea how she will meet her August rent.

“Right now, I have nothing,” said Yanez, who briefly got her bar job back when the establishment reopened, but lost it again when she and her 4-year-old daughter contracted the virus in June and had to quarantine. The apartment owners “don’t care if you’re sick, if you’re not well. Nobody cares here. They told me that I had to have the money.”

Yanez, who lives in the U.S. illegally, is among some 23 million people nationwide at risk of being evicted, according to The Aspen Institute, as moratoriums enacted because of the coronavirus expire and courts reopen. Around 30 state moratoriums have expired since May, according to The Eviction Lab at Princeton University. On top of that, some tenants were already encountering illegal evictions even with the moratoriums.

Now, tenants are crowding courtrooms — or appearing virtually — to detail how the pandemic has upended their lives. Some are low-income families who have endured evictions before, but there are also plenty of wealthier families facing homelessness for the first time — and now being forced to navigate overcrowded and sometimes dangerous shelter systems amid the pandemic.

Experts predict the problem will only get worse in the coming weeks, with 30 million unemployed and uncertainty whether Congress will extend the extra $600 in weekly unemployment benefits that expired Friday. The federal eviction moratorium that protects more than 12 million renters living in federally subsidized apartments or units with federally backed mortgages expired July 25. If it’s not extended, landlords can initiate eviction proceedings in 30 days.

“It’s going to be a mess,” said Bill Faith, executive director of Coalition on Homelessness and Housing in Ohio, referring to the Census Bureau Household Pulse Survey, which found last week that more than 23% of Ohioans questioned said they weren’t able to make last month’s rent or mortgage payment or had little or no confidence they could pay next month’s.

Nationally, the figure was 26.5% among adults 18 years or older, with numbers in Louisiana, Oklahoma, Nevada, Alabama, Florida, Mississippi, New York, Tennessee and Texas reaching 30% or higher. The margins of error in the survey vary by state.

“I’ve never seen this many people poised to lose their housing in a such a short period of time,” Faith said. “This is a huge disaster that is beginning to unfold.”

Housing advocates fear parts of the country could soon look like Milwaukee, which saw a 21% spike in eviction filings in June, to nearly 1,500 after the moratorium was lifted in May. It’s more than 24% across the state.

“We are sort of a harbinger of what is to come in other places,” said Colleen Foley, the executive director of the Legal Aid Society of Milwaukee.

“We are getting calls to us from zip codes that we don’t typically serve, the part of the community that aren’t used to coming to us,” she added. “It’s a reflection of the massive job loss and a lot of people facing eviction who aren’t used to not paying their rent.”

72. Knuckle Dragger

Righto, Mr. New Commish Patton. Time to earn your pay.

Do you a) allow the anti-lockdowners the same latitude you did the BLMs, thus infuriating the Karens, or b) monster them to keep the still-employed public servants and meeja on side and have them charged? With something?

Choose wisely. Choose very wisely.

Farmer Gez
    #3538057, posted on August 6, 2020 at 6:03 pm

JC loves the burbs.

Not eggsactly, Gez. I prefer to go “deeper” than that. I prefer the inner cities mostly.

Each to their own.

Yep. I’ve never had a fondness for looking at trees and vegetation unless it’s man-made like botanic gardens. I’d rate Melbourne’s Botanical Garden far superior to Central park for instance.

The work from home caper isn’t going to last for long. Once we get out of the china bug tunnel the demand for office space will actually rise as the space between people will have to be increased. Watch.

You can’t run a business with your workers being at home. It’s ridiculous bullshit. Sure, people will work from home for a day a week, but that’s about it.

74. Nick

Umpired by a at least one chick. Ladeees, etiquette enquiry:

She’s annoying. It sounds like footy nagging

75. Knuckle Dragger

‘Bald badgered flog?’

In the robust, adrenaline-fuelled football environment surely a cry or two of ‘Show us ya veedub bonnet’ would be acceptable.

76. Nick

Isaiah 54:17. The KJV says it best:

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

Yahweh’s word spake thus, speak not with the tongue of the demoniac, lie not with a skeleton, wind not a rag on one’s head, it is unclean.

77. thefrollickingmole

My own favorite “I done wanna go in the van” story.

A few of us rousies decided to get on the turps at the feraldton nightclub.
    Much beer was had and eventually the bouncers decided we were lubricated enough to need sliding out the door.
    I was a peaceful drunk, 2 of the other boys decided to mount a little rowdy protest at the doors.
    Coppers came over and suggested we should all go.
    We decamped across the road when Brain and one of the other rousies had the great idea of browneyeing the police.
    All great fun and worth a cheer from the animals lined up outside.
    Then it went horribly, horrible wrong for Brian.
    Coppers jogged over (not really wanting to catch anyone but getting us to bugger off and restore their dignity)
    Rousie one hooked up his jeans and ran, Brian went to do the same and was too drink fuddled to get them up properly and only got about 10m before they fell down and hobbled him.
    The coppers slowed a bit when they saw that (they really didnt ant to arrest anyone) but Brian couldnt do anything more than make strangled, panicky bird noises while shuffle running and trying to hook his pants back up.
    From memory it was worth $600 in fines and about another $300 to replace the window in ye oldde 1980’s money.

Funny as buggery to watch though.

Bespoke

Beach settings in rural areas are fine, but there needs to be a decent town close by. Except Port Douglas, which is fucking horrendous. No wonder real estate prices collapsed and never really came back. You can’t swim at the beach for fear of crocs and the actual beach itself is crap compared to others.

79. Top Ender

Imagine the BROOM, BROOM noise from these blokes every day, doing the practise in the hotel rooms:

REIGNING Supercars champion Scott McLaughlin is among a group of more than 40 people who have gone into mandatory hotel quarantine ahead of next weekend’s delayed Darwin Triple Crown.

The Shell V-Power racing team’s star, who became the first driver to ever win the Darwin Triple Crown last year, arrived in Darwin on a charter flight with a group of other team members and officials on Wednesday night.

A Supercars spokesman said the group of more than 40 also consisted of other members from the Shell V-Power team, including driver Fabian Coulthard and the Red Bull Holden team.

Both teams had their operations based near Brisbane and Logan, areas, which have recently been declared hot spots by NT Chief Health Officer Hugh Heggie.

80. Geriatric Mayfly

Why can’t we dig deeper than 12.2 km into the Earth?

A question that would be best answered by Tim Flannery, who has bitter experience of barely penetrating the subsoil.

81. Nick

Whatever happened to the bogan’s weapon of choice, the brown eye ?

I hear PD is a great spot for game fishing. Any reports?

83. Makka

Any reports?

All kinds of fishing, it’s great. Sailfish,marlin, big reds. The reef is close in at Port. Sailing too.

84. Mick Gold Coast QLD

From Tailgunner at 5:03 pm:

“the building of CBD towers.
    Yep, it’s all over.
    Any Bois with kids& mortgage assets getting extremely edgy.
    Buy gold, shits about to get real, for Realz.”

?

In English would help.

85. Nick

Fitz posts at the Cat ?

You now want to list all of Folau’s faults in your column, but by the time you have plugged your books, dropped the names of who you and the wife hobnobbed it with on the weekend, reminded readers you were the only Australian rugby player sent off for “violence” against the New Zealand All Blacks, casually mentioned you are a pro chancellor at the University of Sydney, alerted us to your being a friend and acquaintance of prime ministers and premiers, let us know that you were approached to run for the seat of Warringah, told us yet again that membership numbers are “surging” at the Australian Republic Movement (of which you are Chair of course) – truth is, there is not enough room to do your outrage justice.

FMD.
    A bloke I grew up with used to get a bit destructive when pissed.

Car aerial origami, conducting impact resilience tests on letterboxes, installing additional cross-flow ventilation in phone boxes.
    Got pinged several times.
    Always shitty with the rest of us later : “How the fuck did youse get away?”
    Me (pointing to ears) : “These. They hear sirens. And I fucking told you we needed to piss off”. He would stand there like a stunned deer-mullet in the headlights while the rest of us went over back fences.

Nick

#3538084, posted on August 6, 2020 at 6:34 pm

Fitz posts at the Cat ?

Shit, that was a smashing take-down.
    Well worth a read if you have a sub.

88. bespoke

I’ve never had a fondness for looking at trees and vegetation

funny you should say that JC, so do I. Id rather have a big shed and not having to smile at at the neighbors.

White flight has dashed those dreams.

89. Coded lingo only now from behind the lines, Mick.
    I’ll be on the Goldy soon enough.
    Once the premature Putsch is crushed by VikPol. Like the construction industry.
    C’est la vie

90. Get back into surfing?
    Priceless
    #expatlyfe

91. Nick

Leigh. It was indeed.
    I especially loved the door opening on legal action against some of the usual medja suspects. Lest we forget.

92. Nick

Are you off to PD, JC? It’s great. Good food, village atmosphere, good fun.

93. but there needs to be a decent town close by

JC Escape to the Country
    🤣🤣🤣
    Love it

94. Gab

I know I don’t get to read everything here, but boy-oh-boy things have changed around here.
    Why does Calli want to kidnap Clive?

In English would help.

The CFMMEU were totally in the bag for Dan a week ago.
    Now they have got the shits because someone has decided that standing around stopping concrete pours is not ‘ssential business.

96. Life is moving fast these days, Gab.
    Put the grandkids down for a sec, FFS

97. Knuckle Dragger

‘Anyway the coppers got him and he put on a great show getting flung into the van, then to make it worse he kicked and broke the big glass window at the station as they led him in.’

Rumour and innuendo has it that unlike mole’s mate, a goodly proportion of punters in this situation play up like secondhand lawnmowers going in the back of the van, and when the door’s slammed they bounce around and yell to the point where you’d think three head of stampeding cattle were in there. ‘I’ll fuckin’ smash yoooooo’ and so on.

Magically, on arrival at wherever and the door’s opened a meek, apologetic and quite often teary specimen extracts himself and does exactly as he’s told, which will naturally be the opposite of what he tells his mates later.

And fair enough too, because everyone loves a punch on story.

98. stopping concrete pours

Lol!
    All I see is concrete being poured.
    They all play ball, profit.
    No need to stop anything in boom times
    TikTok
    Now we’ll see the rats.
    Hehe
    Chaos is a ladder

Dot, yea. i went there once for a fishing trip and caught a sail fish. That’s about it though as there’s nothing else to do other than hanging around a pool well away from the beach usually.

100. The first time I heard/felt the concrete pump come on I shit myself.
    30 floors up and the slab starts vibrating.
    Boom!
    Gunner looking for the escape hatch…
    🤣🤣😃

Nick

#3538095, posted on August 6, 2020 at 6:41 pm

Leigh. It was indeed.

Yeah.
    It reminded me when I saw reports of the yuuuge settlement this week.
    One of my LockDan tasks is to get in touch with Nick Sandmann’s lawyers and email them details of the offending remarks in the press and on ABC here.
    Probably nothing will result, but Sandmann now has a monster war-chest to cause havoc.

102. Nick

Woman Removed From American Airlines Flight For Wearing Obscene Mask

Arlinda Johns, a Florida activist who believes that police departments should be defunded and abolished, tried to wear an obscene mask onboard her American Airlines flight from Charlotte to St. Louis, which included the f-word on it. A flight attendant informed her she could not wear the obscene mask and provided her another mask to wear in its place or over it. American claims that after initially complying, Johns put her old mask back on. As a result, the flight returned to the gate (it had not taken off yet) and she was removed. Johns told WPLG that:

“I think I got taken off the plane because I’m black. My mask said ‘[F**k] 12’ and my shirt said, ‘Black Lives Matter.’”

F**k 12 is apparently an anti-police slogan with 12 being a slang term for police officers. The term has links to the television series Adam-12 and has been used by many rappers over the years. Johns yelled, “Bye Karen” as she left the aircraft. She claims she complied with all onboard instructions.

103. Nick

Leigh, sending the, that part of the Mocker’s article can’t hurt.

Tailgunner

#3538104, posted on August 6, 2020 at 6:46 pm

stopping concrete pours

Lol!
    All I see is concrete being poured.

Last century meme.
    Still, having a laugh at Setka.
    Thought he owned Dan Xi-Man right up until Dan nudged him in front of the bus.

105. Thought he owned Dan Xi-Man right up until Dan nudged him in front of the bus.

Au contraire, not him, us.
    #75%lyfe

Nick

I was there about 12 or so years ago with the family once (of four times) and vowed never to return. You can’t swim the beach! There were also signs in German “Achtung” warning about crocs.

Have the crocs taken German tourists in the past?

Nick

#3538110, posted on August 6, 2020 at 6:51 pm

Leigh, sending the, that part of the Mocker’s article can’t hurt.

That along with the video of the ABC arseholes.
    ABC tax-eaters don’t give a rats about defamation $ (not out of their pocket) but it would be great to see these flogs have to eat a huge serve of humble pie on air.

108. Last century meme.

VFL Park copped an absolute hiding in that front apparently.
    Lotsa concrete on that gig.

109. Gab

I’ve got grandkids now?

Wow! Who do they belong too, Gunner?

110. Zyconoclast

Phwoar…

Second favourite word in the lads mags.
    Do they still exist?

Thought he owned Dan Xi-Man right up until Dan nudged him in front of the bus.

Au contraire, not him, us.

Yeah.
    I hope da bois are fully aware that Setka will probably get an uplift during “da crisis”.
    Standard union fare.
    Da bois should summon a bit of courage and ask him.
    I bet they don’t.
    The bravado doesn’t run much deeper the the stickers on the hard hat.
    Come on pussies!!
    Give him shit!!!

Any Arky eyeball updates?

113. dover_beach

IamMengele has accused me of ‘shifting the goalposts’ on another thread. I can’t breathe.

114. Get a few trucks out in front.

Reach out, struth. Get my email from Sinc.
    Some heavy weapons?
    Shit yes.

115. Nick

Have the crocs taken German tourists in the past?

The beach can be shit, but it’s an ok place to walk and lounge on.
    There are crocs every so often off the beach. I’m not sure if a German was eaten there, probably further North.

116. I’m not hearing any rumblings against John.
    Imma make him an ally.
    I might even let him pass on the street strip.
    Fords. Lol

Well, in my old home town, that was usually a result of the route taken from the scene of the crime to the cop-shop.
    Around every roundabout, over kerbs, a bit of off-road through the botanical gardens, a lap of the dirt track around the footy oval.
    Most had lost interest in boxing on with Plod by the time they arrived at Dry-Out Reception.
    Oh, and do not unload your 16 beers and Hawaiian pizza in the back of the van.
    You will be cleaning it yourself.

118. Trucks&Technicals.
    Thanks, Al Baghdadi!
    #Melbourne-Mosul

119. Gab

No, not today, C.L. only what I posted in the wee hours of this morning.

120. Oh, and the Boogaloo Bois street army.
    Come at us, MLA!
    #GameofThrones

121. I doubt I can rouse more than a dozen by Sunday, but it’s a start 😎
    Fight, you Bastards
    #deplorables

122. Farmer Gez

Bolt doing a good job tonight.

He’s tearing Chairman Dan a new one. Basically accusing him of lying to the press.

Progressive politicians love to wish that America’s economy could be more like Sweden’s. After Wednesday’s economic-data release there, we share the dream, albeit for different reasons.

The Nordic country suffered an 8.6% decline in GDP from April to June, which sounds bad until you remember the eurozone economy contracted 12.1% in the same span with some European countries doing much worse. The U.S. economy shrank nearly 10%, or 33% on an annual basis.

Opinion: Potomac Watch
    Kids, Teachers and Virtual Schools

Sweden fared better because, unlike the rest of Western Europe or much of the U.S., Stockholm hasn’t imposed a total lockdown in response to the coronavirus. Schools, shops and restaurants remained open through the spring. The economic decline results partly from a fall in trade as other countries shut down and partly because Swedes took individual responsibility for moderate social distancing, as their government asked, in lieu of a lockdown.

The evidence on the no-lockdown policy remains mixed and will be for some time. Sweden’s per-capita death toll is higher than in neighbors Norway and Denmark that locked down tightly, but lower than Britain, Spain and Belgium, which also locked down.

The virus isn’t raging out of control in Sweden, as daily new cases per million people fall in line with the counts in lockdown countries (setting aside a June “surge” arising from a new testing program). Some European countries are experiencing new flare-ups, although it’s not clear whether Sweden’s Nordic neighbors will too. Sweden’s death toll also was worse due to policies that ration hospital care for nursing-home patients—something America’s progressive lockdown fans ignore when they criticize Stockholm’s death figures.

Lockdown proponents say Sweden should have shut down because it’s suffering a recession anyway. But the magnitude of decline matters. Sweden might emerge from this global crisis with a recession caused by moderate social distancing, but countries such as Spain face a depression induced by total lockdowns on top of their health disasters.

If Sweden manages to bring the coronavirus under control without wrecking its economy, expect enthusiasm for the Swedish model to wane quickly among America’s pro-lockdown left. But voters can take away some lessons even if politicians and much of the media prefer to ignore them.
    WSJ

Stockholm pic dated 27 July. No masks?

124. stickers on the hard hat.

Hehe
    I often get asked why mine says AltRight 4 lyfe on the side
    😃😎
    I had to take the I♥️ABCC one off though.
    Too much heat.

125. Armadillo

Any Arky eyeball updates?

CL, he’s faking it so he can get out of the whole Model A embarrassment.

It’s convientiently difficult to drive triumphantly out of the garage when you are vision impaired.

126. 800 guys(maybe less?) took Mosul.
    Defended by two full divisions and 30000 police auxiliaries.

🤔
    Art of War

127. 1735099

And fair enough too, because everyone loves a punch on story.

Most grow out of being entertained by that by early adolescence.

128. Geriatric Mayfly

Presume The Hunchback and Plodder-in-Chief will be approaching the Supreme Court to have Sunday’s antics banned. Maxwell might be sitting.

129. Steve trickler

Aug 2nd, 2020: Preswick – Scotland. Elwyn behind the camera.

Note the crowds.

130. Gab

131. Nmbrs!
    Thank fk.
    Tell the forum what it’s like to kill communists!?
    Is it like my man, Rafal Gan-Ganowicz tells?

132. Tailgunner
    #3538151, posted on August 6, 2020 at 7:22 pm

Gorilla Mindset

1. Go to a good uni not infested with leftists (Pepperdine).
    2. Marry a hot half Asian lawyer.
    3. Divorce.
    4. Profit.

133. Cassie of Sydney

“Gab
    #3538152, posted on August 6, 2020 at 7:22 pm
    Greg Sheridan seems to have written a decent piece in the OZ highlighting that Emperor Dan has no clothes.”

Indeed…Sheridan has brutally nailed the progressive far-left disease that has infected almost every facet of Victoria..socially, politically, judicially and so on.

134. Dude, I’m not into Asian chicks, remember?

Why does Calli want to kidnap Clive?

Not any more. I saw the photos.

He’d wreck the new Prado. Rear suspensions don’t come cheap.

Also there’s another danger.

He may have reached the weighty tipping point of generating his own event horizon.

No sentient being would want to risk it.

Basically accusing him of lying to the press.

Shocking! Politicians never do that.

138. (Pepperdine).

Just no.
    PepperRidgeA&M

139. Will my dream be realised and Ant will restart posting after Labour Day?
    He’s not still confined for his own safety is he?
    “Are you Canadian?”
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    I liked his takes on USpol

You are confusing Azathoth and Cthulhu.

141. Get on the Train dude.
    I’ll keep holding the door open for you, bro

142. Top Ender

Give him a hug on arrival Jacinta!

‘Good riddance’: ‘Cowardly’ Kiwi thug, 24, who strangled and bit a female police officer is deported back to New Zealand

Hylton King, 24, strangled and bit a young policewoman in Queensland

Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton deported him back to New Zealand overnight

King and his sister Ariana, 30, pleaded guilty to seriously assaulting the cop

Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton bid 24-year-old Hylton King ‘good riddance’ overnight.

Mr Dutton said King deserved to be deported after the attack. ‘It was a vicious crime, it was a cowardly act, and I think my decision to cancel his visa and deport him from our country reflects the values of most Australians,’ Mr Dutton told reporters in Canberra on Thursday.

‘Ninety nine per cent of people who come to our country do the right thing but in this case, clearly he has done the wrong thing and we just don’t want people of that very poor character in our country.

‘So I think it’s good riddance to him, I’m glad that he’s gone, and I’m sorry that young police officer will live for the rest of her life scarred with the memory of that incident.’

King and his 30-year-old sister Ariana last month pleaded guilty to seriously assaulting the police officer in May 2019.

The pair had been with friends at the Brook Hotel in Mitchelton before threatening staff and being thrown out.

Outside the pub, King swore at police and then grabbed the female officer around the throat as she tried to handcuff him.

King repeatedly choked the officer during the melee, causing her to temporarily lose consciousness.

He also bit the officer’s fingers as she attempted to eye-gouge him.

The pair were given suspended sentences and Ariana King is also expected to return to New Zealand.

Link with pix of the idiot

143. Arma, you’ve been really low energy lately?
    Missing Tony Windsor that much?

144. It’s hard to take the title in peak hour.
    3am?
    Only for children not past their First Communion.
    #threadbomblyfe

145. Steve trickler

He got sprung. Easy to read the body language here.

146. Unlawful opinion s.
    Masks.
    Travel permits.
    Economy crushed.
    Smashed in car windows.
    Papers, bitte!
    4 weeks until the revolution.
    Chaos is a Ladder
    MAGA

147. Haha -got it!
    My slogan.
    4 weeks movement.
    😎👍
    Short&punchy
    Perfect

148. German commander Erwin Rommel was even quoted as saying: “If I had to take hell, I would use the Australians to take it

Yeah yeah fin oath xunt.

149. Zyconoclast

Institutional racism may have contributed to the disproportionate impact of Covid-19 on ethnic minorities in Wales, a top judge has claimed.

Judge Ray Singh, who led the Welsh government’s response to the issue, also said lives could have been saved if an online risk-assessment had been made available sooner.

Why doesn’t the good judge go investigate institutional racism somewhere wamner?

150. Nick

From extra food to renovations to their luxury apartments: The ‘ridiculous’ requests AFL stars’ families have made after moving into resort hubs
    AFL families have requested to renovate their apartments in AFL hub locations
    The league are becoming fed up with ‘ridiculous’ requests made at their expense
    Players and families are being housed in luxury resorts in the hub locations
    The AFL is footing the bill for a range of the families expenses including food bills
    Five clubs have copped huge fines for breaching the strict hub safety sanctions

A new paper inadvertently shows the longer you take Hydroxy the more effective it becomes; the analysis here. A stats alert to those with a dwarf fetish and a shiny arse.

152. Armadillo

Should be more of it. Fake News needs to financially understand the term “get woke/go broke”.

The ABC is taxpayer funded, and every lawsuit payout should be deducted straight from their operating budget in the next 12 month period. Make them responsible for their own budget cuts.

It’s not hard. Stop bullshitting and report the news, that way your budget will remain intact. Otherwise you can “carry the can” for getting your fellow Marxist travellers on the dole queue.

153. MatrixTransform

“I done wanna go in the van” story

lol
    I have a sister also rowdy
    somewhere in the early 1980’s on a normal Peninsula New Years Eve (you know, after overturning cars on the highway and stuff) there was some live music .. The Flowers maybe? Dunno

Anyway she took a shine to a young copper on the job
    She told me she was gonna get arrested.
    Then she made damn sure she did.

I dont wanna go in the van she said with a big grin
    … and he drove her away

**not that far from the truth either

154. Armadillo

Hopefully someone in a Amercia will sue them for a billion.

155. Entropy

calli
    #3538159, posted on August 6, 2020 at 7:27 pm
    Why does Calli want to kidnap Clive?

Not any more. I saw the photos.

He’d wreck the new Prado. Rear suspensions don’t come cheap

Watched him climb into his Ferrari once. Fascinat8ng.

156. Geriatric Mayfly

I am sure Brett Walker would revel in elevating his reputation a notch higher.

157. Armadillo

Missing Tony Windsor that much?

Tony’s still important. You just need to follow his Twitter feed.

I suspect he’s cranky JC doesn’t correspond with him anymore.

I often get asked why mine says AltRight 4 lyfe on the side

I had to take the I♥️ABCC one off though.
    Too much heat.

Now that is bullshit.
    CFMMEU hat stickers are just another form of virtue signaling.

Armadillo at 7:53.
    Give me a prompt in a couple of weeks time.
    I tend to get distracted but keen to drop a brick in that pond.

160. Now that is bullshit.

Rumour is that it’s true!
    🤣🤣🤣🤣
    My workmates all call me Trumpy though.
    True dinks.
    😎🤣😃🤙
    Fkn MAGA!!!!!!!!!!!!

161. I’d roll that sticker though, if such a thing existed.
    Just for the subscribers.

162. My NYSE day trader Lock of the Hour today is, once again, Sturm Ruger.
    3% in 6 hours?
    CBUS reckons 8%p/a is good going.
    Fuck off. My Cassandra’s are better than yours, dickheads.
    #Babes&Money
    #CFMEUlyfe

Nick at 7:51.
    FMD.
    The WAGS have gone nuts.
    Free resort accommodation, free everything.
    Apparently they are pushing for the AFL to pay their mortgages back in Melbourne, even though they aren’t incurring any extra costs in Queensland (in fact they are getting subsidised).
    Easy solution.
    All too hard?
    Retire.
    Go back to Melbourne.

Tailgunner

#3538201, posted on August 6, 2020 at 8:10 pm

Now that is bullshit.

Rumour is that it’s true!

My workmates all call me Trumpy though.
    True dinks.

Fkn MAGA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop putting fkn hat stickers in your posts.
    Annoying.

165. Steve trickler

Excellent stuff from Texa$.

Part 1.

166. Tony’s still important.

Thanks mate.
    I lold
    🤣🤣🤣
    Good to see you 🤙
    Biden still 1.63 on the lay side.
    Plenty stupid rich punters in the world!
    😎

167. max

An interesting take on the new great game in the ME, between the US on one hand and China-Russia-Iran on the other.

China’s Emerging Middle Eastern Kingdom
    China’s drive for supremacy is now underway in the Middle East—and it won’t end there
    BY
    MICHAEL DORAN
    AND
    PETER ROUGH

According to the U.S. Energy Information Agency, China’s annual crude oil imports, the highest in the world, averaged 10.1 million barrels per day in 2019. Expert forecasts predict that those imports will rise significantly in volume over the next decade. To mitigate the risk of disruption, China has diversified its portfolio of suppliers. In 2019, the top 10 sources of Chinese oil imports included, in addition to Middle Eastern suppliers, Russia, Angola, Brazil, and the United Kingdom. Spreading a dependency of this magnitude across many different suppliers is also a campaign of influence, part of Beijing’s political warfare against the United States.

The purchase of British oil is a case in point. Between 2018 and 2019, China’s imports from Britain increased more than its demand from any other supplier—by 44%. Is it an accident that China invested so dramatically in the British economy at a moment when London was in heated negotiations with Washington about whether Britain would allow the Chinese telecoms giant Huawei to build and operate its 5G network infrastructure? If it is indeed an accident, the Chinese ambassador in London would like to hide that fact from us. When Prime Minister Boris Johnson recently reversed course and decided to phase out Huawei, the ambassador warned him that Chinese companies investing in Britain were “all watching.”

Such threats to punish governments with loss of “private” investment have become a normal part of China’s interaction with close U.S. allies like Britain, Canada, and Australia. In America, however, the prevailing wisdom, based on harmonic convergence, depicts China’s Middle East policy as nothing but a single-minded exercise in resource extraction, as if the Chinese private sector makes decisions on the basis of profit-and-loss calculations, and the bureaucrats in Beijing then run along behind it.

The propensity of Americans to see economics as an autonomous sphere blinds them to a simple fact: China is consciously deploying its economic influence to undermine the American order in the Middle East. Since the launch of the Belt and Road Initiative in 2013, Beijing has invested more than $123 billion in the Middle East and North Africa. If these numbers suggest that the region is a top strategic priority, the relative trend lines are even more expressive. China is now the Middle East’s largest source of foreign investment. While China’s global investments decreased by $100 billion in 2018, its investments in the Middle East and North Africa actually grew that year by over $28 billion. Almost three-quarters of that sum went to American allies: Egypt, the United Arab Emirates, and Saudi Arabia—all countries which China designates as “strategic comprehensive partners,” a major honor in the Chinese diplomatic system. By 2018, annual bilateral trade between China and Persian Gulf allies had nearly doubled from a decade before to $163 billion; in 2000, it was only $10 billion. China is now the largest trading partner of Oman, Kuwait, the UAE, and Saudi Arabia, and is among the largest partners of Israel.

But Beijing has singled out one Middle Eastern country for special attention. Between 2008 and 2018, bilateral trade with Iraq increased by over 1,000%, from $2.6 billion to more than $30 billion. In 2013, China became Iraq’s leading source of foreign investment and top trading partner, not to mention the recipient of over half of its oil. Iraq is now the third-largest supplier to China, just behind Saudi Arabia and Russia. When President George W. Bush invaded Iraq in 2003, his detractors, including China, accused him of launching a war to seize control of Iraq’s oil reserves. Ironically, no country has benefited more than China from the postwar oil dispensation. Last year, China Construction Third Engineering Bureau Company agreed to a $1.39 billion deal to build a wide variety of projects in southern Iraq, including low-cost housing, education and medical facilities, and tourist centers.

During a five-day visit to Beijing in September 2019, Iraqi Prime Minister Adil Abdul-Mahdi elevated formal cooperation even further, announcing that Iraq would join China’s Belt and Road Initiative. For his part, Xi Jinping committed to an “oil for reconstruction program,” where China would construct a wide array of projects in Iraq, ranging from roads and airports, to hospitals, sewage systems, and schools, in return for 100,000 Iraqi barrels of oil per day. The United States military defeated the Islamic State for the Iraqi government, but it was Chinese companies, not American, that have reaped the rewards. Thanks to harmonic convergence, the Americans harbored no resentment toward the Chinese for their apparent good fortune. On the contrary, Washington welcomed the growing Chinese economic role, even giving Beijing credit for joining the “American” project of building the Iraqi economy and stabilizing the country.

As sad as this story is, it gets even worse. While Iraq is a wonderland for Chinese business, it is a hostile environment for Americans, due to the widespread influence of Iranian-backed militias. Last December, Iran launched a campaign, spearheaded by those militias under the guidance of Qassem Soleimani, the commander of the Quds Force of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC), to expel the United States from the region as a whole, starting with Iraq. Once again, Iran’s “destabilizing” activities did not receive any visible rebuke from China.

The cracks are appearing.
    The very first signs today that Dan Xi-Man is shitting himself.
    Although, all this tells me is that he has finally got the tap on the shoulder from the holding company (ALP Feds).

169. Nick

Easy solution.
    All too hard?
    Retire.
    Go back to Melbourne.

Better still, attempt to play in locked down Melbourne and earn zilch for the year.

170. Stop putting fkn hat stickers in your posts.
    Annoying.

😃🤣
    Are you coming for a look on Sunday?
    Come and say gday.
    I’ll be the drunken loudmouth in the MAGA hat!
    Aarrgghhh! Fuck off xunt! I call police brutality on you !
    😎
    It’s gonna be messy.
    Perfect

171. Mullumhillbilly

mh
    #3537524, posted on August 6, 2020 at 11:18 am
    I expect the $2 million to end up with Hezbollah

At the current world price for NH4 No3 that should be enough to replace the vaporised stash.

That is why I will include an explanation about the ABC.
    Possibly suggest threatening them personally and/or demanding a groveling apology.
    GM’s suggestion about engaging Brett Walker is a good one … exploding heads.

173. One World Government, get in here!
    I need to take a smoke break!
    Or NFA, fkn someone….

174. feelthebern

The ABC should run an open source model.
    All financials live.
    Let the citizen journalists go nuts.

175. feelthebern

Ever since seeing the movie The Martian where NASA was open source on a 24 hour delay, I’ve thought about how much better government & government agencies would be if that was the case.

176. Armadillo

I tend to get distracted but keen to drop a brick in that pond.

It would be incredibly funny to see the ABC expending their (our) entire budget on lawsuits.

At least we could be satisfied that the money ended up in the real victims hands (Pell in particular). I could live with that. At the moment, the billion dollars of taxpayers money is being used purely for indoctrination purposes.

Icing on the cake will be watching the staff collective clueless as to why they are dealing with Centrelink office.

177. shatterzzz

mh
    #3537524, posted on August 6, 2020 at 11:18 am
    I expect the $2 million to end up with Hezbollah

I suppose you could give Bradbury the benefit of the doubt .. He might not be aware that besides being a terrorist organization and the largest drug cartel in the world it is the de facto gummint of Lebanon.

178. Biden is a head-fake candidate.
    Lay him with any $$ you have.
    Too easy bois

179. Megan

I’ve just had late messages from my Osteopath and Myotherapist that my regular fortnightly appointments, the ones that help me manage my polymyalgia and keep me mobile, have been cancelled and unless I can justify that treatment is necessary to keep me out of hospital emergency then tough luck. I’ve already lost swimming, water aerobics and tennis from my personal fitness program since March. I’ve reluctantly increased my prednisolone to cope, obliterating 18 months of careful weaning off it.

FMD, I loathe these cruel and vicious politicians and bureaucrats. They have NFI the long term damage they are inflicting on far greater numbers of people than will ever contract Covid 19. But if I become completely physically unable to get around and want to do away with myself as a result* then please apply for a Euthanasia Permit and step this way.

* Hypothetical only.

180. Trump wins DC.
    Monty, get in here with a twenty!

Arma, bleeding cash out of the ABC is not going to make a difference.
    They will just tap Canberra for the difference and, without a hint of shame, turn it into a free-speech argument.
    I think the angle is a groveling apology by the perps at the start of the 7:00 pm news.
    Taped and cleared by Sandmann’s lawyers to avoid the insipid “NRL player apology”.

182. Megan

Not sure why my first attempt has gone into the spaminator. Can’t see any naughty bits. Highly likely I’ve messed up my email addy. Sorry if this turns up twice.

* Hypothetical only.

183. If Trump doesn’t Sweep, Boogaloo is on.
    Hmmmm…
    The money or the box?
    A pirate of skills would take both, non?
    🤣
    #cassandra
    #Boogaloo
    #MadMax

184. Megan

Testing for Spaminator overreaction.

185. Armadillo

Biden still 1.63 on the lay side.

The markets are bullshit. See comments up thread about where Biden is spending his Internet advertising $ (gambling markets being a particular focus). It tells you everything you need to know about the Democrat Party strategy.

Online bookies are loving this stuff. Getting paid to “talk up” (advertise) an obvious loser and then shorten the odds because mug punters are throwing money at you. It’s unbelievable stuff.

#Biden2020

186. Megan

No idea why I’m on the receiving end of the ban hammer. Maybe its because I’m not meeting the Victorian Government correct doublespeak.

187. vlad

Does anyone have a link to the actual Stage 4 rules in Victoria?

Not a watered-down paraphrase; the actual legislative text.

I could use it and would be grateful to anyone has a link to it.

188. rickw

Folks, be careful when closing the window on your tofu building ok!

189. trickler

Have a seat!

These stolen valour dummies…anyway I like that Jamieson bloke.

190. rickw

Not a watered-down paraphrase; the actual legislative text.

Legislation? I thought it was all just made up of CMO farts?

191. Armadillo

Leigh, the ABC has been given a $1 billion dollar budget. That includes expenses, of which “legal costs” is but one. It’s up to the ABC to manage that budget.

What is their argument to go back to the Government for more cash exactly?

Err….we sort of got caught out telling absolute bullshit and got sued and we lost?

The do have a charter (which they obviously don’t adhere to).

As far as “Freedom of Speech” goes, how so? Big difference to that and proven lies and slander if the courts rule against them.

I take it all back about Paul Murray.
    He is totally taking Dan Xi-Man to the cleaners.

193. Armadillo

Call me naive, but the ABC isn’t immune from the rules. It’s about time they found that out.

194. vlad

Legislation? I thought it was all just made up of CMO farts?

Okay, you don’t have a link. Thank you.

Does anyone have a link?

195. Old Lefty

You’re right, Armadillo. The ABC’s legal expenses, by the way, include lawyering up against the victims of its in-house abuser Jon Stephens.

Armadillo …
    Oh, in a perfect world, the ABC would have to:-
    1. Suck up legals and settlement costs;
    2. Publish a groveling apology;
    3. Fire the culprits

But, I am a simple man.
    Any one of those 3 will do.

197. Old Lefty

Don’t you wish we had this intellectual and moral clarity here?

198. Leigh Lowe, did you see Paul Murray’s opening monologue last night? Both barrels squarely between the eyes of Mikakos. He was fucking angry which is good.

Diarise it Arma.
    Ask me if I have done it.
    Cats with any links to Sandmann’s lawyers please post.

Sorry mate.
    Cultural business (quaffing Italian wine).
    Didn’t see it.
    I watched it a couple of nights recently and he was giving me the shits.

vlad
    #3538248, posted on August 6, 2020 at 9:01 pm

Does anyone have a link to the actual Stage 4 rules in Victoria?

Could have been notafan or Gab who posted a PdF.
    Can’t look for it now but it’s there somewhere.

202. Armadillo

Does anyone have a link to the actual Stage 4 rules in Victoria?

PDF might be available at MS News.

203. . It tells you everything you need to know about the Democrat Party strategy.

Great angle.
    Biden targeting gambling markets?
    Wow.
    Head Fake confirmed.
    Free money.

204. Victorian Government correct

It’s called lawful opinions, Megan.
    I’ve always loved Brigadenfuhrer Sutton
    #FuckthePolice

Someone sent me an idea, soak your mask in your fav. liquor and the whole experience will be so much more enjoyable.

206. Entropy

You could have just googled them FFS.
    Stage 4 restrictions

207. Zyconoclast

Reed, described by the Chicago Sun-Times as a “student leader with a youth activist group,”

The teen, a leader with student group Voices of Youth in Chicago Education, was an advocate of removing police from Chicago schools.

208. Farmer Gez

My wife came up with a good reason Chairman Dan is avoiding any comment on who put private security in hotels.

Lisa Neville most likely refused the use police for this job because it’s a waste of police time and resources. Anyone could manage hotel quarantine.

Andrews must cover for her because the removal of the Police Minister is the first step in the collapse of his power base.

Neville was previously married to Richard Marles and they have a child together.

209. Tim Neilson

Wasn’t there an offmarket takeover by the Chinese Communist Party?

What is their argument to go back to the Government for more cash exactly?

In a sane world that argument would get them a Blundstone steel cap up the date.
    But they’ll be asking either Labor/Greens or the Photios Party. Don’t bet they wouldn’t get the money. It’s only taxpayers’ funds after all, and there’s always more where that came from.

210. Online bookies are loving this stuff
    Hehe
    I take some of it? They hardly notice.
    Win/win
    #TwiceinaLyfetime
    Trump2020
    #MonacoRE

211. MatrixTransform

Does anyone have a link?

Here ya go …

212. Zyconoclast

Politicians in general but ALP in particular resembles an incestuous cess pit.

213. Armadillo

Diarise it Arma.
    Ask me if I have done it.
    Cats with any links to Sandmann’s lawyers please post.

Will do, Leigh.

I notice Cats have been making suggestions about “Taking Action”. Yours is the best suggestion I’ve seen yet. These fuckers (politicians/media) don’t seem to care unless it somehow affects their interests or hip pockets. Writing letters, phone calls and the rest get little to no response. Putting stuff on social media gets you abuse or outright banned.

Sandiman caused a ripple. A wave is what is needed.

214. Steve trickler

I just introduced someone very close, to the CAT. Big barney over COVID.

215. vlad

Thanks, Matrix, at least you gave me a laugh.

And sorry, Entropy, that’s a website paraphrase.

216. lotocoti

Jeepers.
    There must be a lot of authorised officers in Vicco.

An authorised officer must at least once every 24 hours during the period that a person is subject to detention under subsection (1)(a) review whether the continued detention of the person is reasonably necessary to eliminate or reduce a serious risk to public health.

Unless, of course, nobody bothered to read the bits at the end of the current Act.

217. notafan

My link expires sorry.

I would have posted after 10 pm on Monday

218. MatrixTransform

Thanks,

It was City of Evil @ 10:20 ??

219. MatrixTransform

or was it Botched by Nature at 10:30 ?

220. William the Conjuror

#FuckthePolice

Not what you said to the Friendly Neighbourhood Stasi at the roadblock near Trentham.

“Yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir”

221. Armadillo

Judicial Watch is doing a good job in the US. You need committed professional people with knowledge to counter the vested interested. They started small and deserve support. Something as simple as handing over $100 to help lodge an FOI would be a start. Finding out “where the bodies are buried” scares these fuckers much more than a “letter of complaint” appearing in their post office box.

222. Some History

Australians have been filled ‘with fear and alarmism’: Alan Jones

223. Geriatric Mayfly

In a scenario of Sandeman v Rowland, can the latter actually hide behind the ABC? I doubt if his comment was scripted, but more of an off the cuff brain fart.

224. Knuckle Dragger

‘“Yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir”’

Okay.

‘Matthew O’Malley sir (chuckle)’
    ‘Dodgy Richmond address sir (snort)’
    ‘Essential tractor hydraulics business sir (snicker)’

Yeah nah. Gunner – ya been ‘followed up’ yet? Pinched, as Karate Poof was so sure you would be?

No? Excellent.

William the Conjuror
    #3538298, posted on August 6, 2020 at 9:46 pm

#FuckthePolice

“Yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir”

Ever heard of the phrase, “Choose your battles”?

Why piss off someone who is minor nobody but still can cause a whole lot of irritation later on?

226. Knuckle Dragger

And it’s ‘Trennam.’

227. Mick Gold Coast QLD

From Zyconoclast at 9:29 pm:

“Teen who rallied to remove police from Chicago schools is tragically shot to death

Caleb Reed … 17, … teen, a leader with student group …, was an advocate of removing police from Chicago schools.”

Yeah, you get that sometimes. How did Easts go against St George tonight?

228. Cassie of Sydney

“How did Easts go against St George tonight?”

The Roosters won.

I like the way she thinks, but I think there is a lot more going on.
    But it can all be filed under either “F for factions” or “U for unions”.
    1. Let’s call on the ADF. Yes, good idea. 24 hours later it is all off. Why? Well, there is a philosophical hatred of the ADF in the Victorian left. Add to that all the public sector union employees about to lose unlimited overtime if swathes of ADF staff arrive.
    2. We have to manage quarantine. Needs to be done in a hurry. Shit, it’s a non-event and we can bypass tendering rules. Fuck it. ScoMo is picking up the tab. OK, we’ve got proposals on the table from maaates so let’s go.
    Remember.
    The ABC did a hit-job on Somyurek and the ALP right at the beginning of this, so we have a weakened right of the ALP trying to hang on, and the left wannabes casting lots to see who will take over from Dan Xi-Man.

230. Armadillo

I’d rather “Sponsor an FOI Request” than I would a guide dog or an African child.

The kid I sponsored in Africa must be at least 30 by now, but she keeps writing and talking about education. The puppy looks to have made it to about 2 years of age since I sponsored it (10 years ago). Are they feeding it?

231. MatrixTransform

Not what you said to the Friendly Neighbourhood Stasi

the conjugator strikes again… ahah!

have ever yr wondering what you really meant by something you said or posted?
    puzzled by anything you ever did?
    need meaning for tomorrow?
    dunno where to get help?
    … dial 1800 William

232. Farmer Gez

Maybe Leigh but the hotel thing was never a big job and I doubt unionists would jump at the chance to be infected.

If it’s anything like that then the Leb connection with security companies would be more of a factor.

1 7 8 9 10 11 15