Open Forum: August 8, 2020

2,726 Responses to Open Forum: August 8, 2020

Work as in what’s your specialty?

2. You can’t just watch a show on Netflix and then appropriate the guy can you?
    Awwww sheeeit
    Imma change mine to Omar from the Wire.
    I love that badass bundle of stix!
    Respect

3. No speciality, JC.
    I’m the no papers, BA tradie.
    Jack of all, master of none.
    Agile.

We’re doing some renos at the family business at the moment. The builder we’re using appears to be quite busy. Want me to ask him if he has work? He does middle market to small stuff. He’s not a biggie.

5. But I’ll be a senator soon, or a prisoner/martyr, so just studying it up when I have some time.

6. notafan

I agree 132andbush ‘Re the democrats and coronavirus.

Still isn’t a premeditated plot hatched by the (((they)))

7. Thanks JC, but not yet.
    I’m gonna see what an East Berlin holiday is like first.
    Haven’t had a holiday in ages 🤣😏

8. If you tell him I’m CFMEU, he won’t touch me.
    No site allowance? GTFO
    😃

Trades Hall,

Get out from under the kitchen table…. and Go!

Does anyone know what Tiger does for a crust?

Judging by the times he posts here, I reckon he works a split shift in the hospitalisation industry.

Oops … hospitality.

Herodotus
    #3542793, posted on August 10, 2020 at 4:16 pm
    Since they’ve go shot of James Murdoch, next should be Chris Wallace, who has just done a soft interview of Pelosi.

Yep. I could only watch about 2 minutes of it. Wallace is a cuck and pelosi is despicable.

Lord I hope these nimbuses are right.

Trafalgar Group Founder Robert Cahaly: Trump on ‘Upswing,’ Supporters Cannot Wait to Vote

The polling company that predicted Donald Trump would win Michigan in 2016 told The Kyle Olson Show he will do the same in 2020, based on recent polling.

Trafalgar Group founder Robert Cahaly told The Kyle Olson Show his company recently showed Joe Biden winning Michigan by one point.

“I could look in those undecideds, and those third-party and tell you I believe those people will vote for Trump,” he said. “We had him down by one, but I believe Trump will win Michigan as of the last poll we did.”

Cahaly said there has been a “wave pattern” in recent polling trending for Trump, then away, and now towards him again.

He said as the virus went on Trump slid, then George Floyd was killed and Trump slid further.

But then the riots occurred, statues were torn down, and leftists called for defunding the police. Trump’s standing began to improve, especially after his strong pro-America July 4th event.

“That was the first time I would have told you he could have broken 300 electoral votes,” Cahaly said.

He said that was why the media shifted its focus from the protests and back to coronavirus.

Cahaly said the polling has done a “down, up, down, and now it’s back trending in a positive way for Trump,” and that he’s on an “upswing.”

Cahaly said it is difficult to poll recent elections because the “social desirability bias” is real, that is, an interviewee wanting a pollster to like the answer they are giving. He said many Americans don’t have time for a long series of questions, and so many of the polling companies’ methods are flawed.

We’ve seen a disproportionate amount of Republicans unwilling to participate in polls and you have to really work hard to get a Republican to answer,” he said.

He said many Republicans likely to answer are “Romney-type” GOPers. That is, opposed to Trump, hidden Trump voters who claim they are for someone else. Or that Republicans are being undersampled. At that point, a company will “weigh” a smaller size, which he said is already incorrect, to fit the outcome it is seeking and “expand the error.”

“They have no incentive to fix it,” he said. “Polling is not a meritocracy.”

“If you’re working for a party or a campaign or for a media outlet, they care more about are you reinforcing their narrative of the election than did you get it right,” he said.

“You have to look at the incentive of the people doing the poll. What is their real goal,” he added.

Cahaly said the “enthusiasm gap” between Trump and Biden voters is real.

He said Trump voters “cannot wait — that voting booth is where they are going to vent this frustration” with riots, cancel culture, statues being torn down, and attacking people for their beliefs.

Cahaly said they will vote regardless of where Trump stands in the polls.

Many Biden supporters, meanwhile, are “anti-Trump,” not necessarily pro-Biden, and if they see Biden beating Trump handily in polls, they will be less motivated to vote because they think Biden is already going to win.

Cahaly referred to himself as “Paul Revere for the Biden campaign.”

“They are in a fight and they don’t understand it” because most polling companies undersample Republicans.

Cahaly speculated the pro-Biden polls are working against him because it may suppress turnout for Biden in November.

Tailgunner

#3542841, posted on August 10, 2020 at 4:57 pm

Cabinetry would be my speciality.

OK.
    Sticking bits of MDF together with No Nails (aka No Skills) is not cabinetry work.

JC

#3542842, posted on August 10, 2020 at 4:58 pm

Ditto.
    Can’t get some trades for love or money (although I have only tried money so far).

Up the money. Love doesn’t appear to be your core strength.

Is it time for a blast of Ghost Riders, do you think?

17. Install your own kitchen.
    And then when need it done right, find my number.
    🤣🤣
    #DIYlyfe

JC

#3542865, posted on August 10, 2020 at 5:26 pm

Up the money. Love doesn’t appear to be your core strength.

Is it time for a blast of Ghost Riders, do you think?

Tailgunner

#3542866, posted on August 10, 2020 at 5:27 pm

Install your own kitchen.
    And then when need it done right, find my number.

#DIYlyfe

Sinc, help.
    It’s a pylon.
    Can you ban JC and gunner please?

19. feelthebern

Trafalgar Group Founder Robert Cahaly:

On twitter he links to some of his underlying reports.
    Good reading.

20. Nick

Leigh, how many days till the Faulty Files opens for business?

Ha, ha.
    Just had a kitchen put in.
    I stayed well out of it.

22. feelthebern

Tailgunner is an AFL player.

23. Betfair has just cracked $100m matched on their Next President market. Globally.
    They take 5% of all winnings as their fee for service.
    It will probably double by Nov3.
    Wyatt Earp on the farroe table BTFO
    Bookies? Lol, no, I don’t feel guilty.
    Although at least with Betfair you know you’re taking the money straight out of lame Biden guys like Tigers, pockets.
    That’s fun 😃

24. MatrixTransform

Beloved Maximum Leader really said this the other day

25. johanna

Nonsense, Bern.

IT is obviously a social worker who specialises in intergenerational disadvantage.

26. Infidel Tiger is the Captain Miller of the Cat.
    Confirmed.

Nick

#3542871, posted on August 10, 2020 at 5:31 pm

Leigh, how many days till the Faulty Files opens for business?

Jeez.
    How many times do I have to tell you?
    The Big Websites will launch when the moon is in the seventh house, and jupiter aligns with mars.
    Then peace will guide the planets and love will steer the stars.
    This is the dawning of the age of aquarius.

Great essay by the great Craig Kelly, defending the great Ian Plimer against cucks at the press council and the fucking abc:

Since when was it the Press Council’s job to adjudicate on science? The APC’s stitch-up of Ian Plimer and attack on free speech

Craig Kelly The Spectator Australia 10 August 2020

On November 21, 2019, The Australian published an article on its opinion pages and online titled; ‘Let’s Not Pollute minds with Carbon Fears’ by Ian Plimer, Professor Emeritus of Earth Sciences at the University of Adelaide and author of numerous books including; Heaven + Earth: Global Warming the Science, Not for Greens: He who Sups with the Devil Should have a Long Spoon, and The Climate Change Delusion and the Great Electricity Rip-off.

In the 1065 words published in The Australian, Plimer skewered climate alarmists with a machine-gun attack of facts, calling out “ignorant activ­ists, populist scaremonger­s, vote-chasing politicians and green rent-seekers” for their deceptions and fraud.

However, as we have seen time after the time, climate alarmists can’t stand such inconvenient truths being discussed; they want debate silenced and free speech extinguished. For theirs is a cult where groupthink rules and independent thinking and alternate views are thought-crimes, so Plimer must be silenced, not debated.

Leading the attack was the noted shrill for climate alarmism, the taxpayer-funded ABC’s Media Watch, which despite being one of the most expensively produced programs per broadcast minute of airtime on Australian television, was unable to come up with a single fact to dispute any of Plimer’s words and could only resort to name-calling and rhetoric.

This was followed by confused warmists and indoctrinated climate cult members (the majority of who live off the tit of the productive economy and have plenty of time to spare) using the complaint’s process of Australian Press Council as a punishment, by bombarding the APC with complaints about Professor Plimer’s published opinion piece. This tactic forced The Australian to spend time, money and resources defending against these complaints. And, as a commercial organisation, this placed pressure on the management and editorial staff that could lead them to question if is it worth publishing the opinions of those who dare question the dogma of the warmist cult in the future if they are going to be burdened with the costs of defending such opinions. This tactic is just another form of ‘cancel culture’ used by eco-fascists to suppress free speech and silence debate.

In adjudicating a complaint, the test for the APC is not if an opinion is right or wrong, the test if the opinion “is not based on significantly inaccurate material”. Therefore a strong and independent Press Council, one that values the cherished principles of free speech and open debate, should have quickly dismissed such complaints against Plimer’s opinion piece…..

29. Lay Biden on Betfair with your ears pinned back.
    Where’s the bikini chick from Bar Beach?
    Phrasingness!

30. feelthebern

Leigh, Spartacus has just posted a thread that steals the thunder of said websites.

31. Infidel Tiger King

IT is a teacher.

In many ways I am.

I like to think I have educated thousands though my commentary on this prestigious website.

32. Makka

Reposted from page 7

Thanks Gab. Done.

33. Matrix, the sheep still love Dan.
    The FakeNews are in the tank.
    Only “conspiracy theorists” will ever see that little piece.
    Hiding in plain sight.
    EyesWideShut
    Conspiracy theorist is SO hot right now 🔥
    Hehe
    AltRight is starting to get the babes.
    We the revolution now, mofos
    #Che

34. thefrollickingmole

Oh come on
    #3542810, posted on August 10, 2020 at 4:33 pm

Nice one.

Im just waiting for ITK to piss off Sinc and become Infidel Tiger King Prawn.

Or maybe Coral Prawn, they are gentle little prawns reputed to be good with colors.

35. notafan

IT is a full time ‘fearless advocate for the introduction of preferred gender pronouns into multicultural communities’.

36. feelthebern

Gunner is quite correct.
    Spend two minutes on twitter & you’ll see any criticism of disco Dan has the twitter army going nuts.
    I’ve said it for the last couple of years, Victoria is no longer investment grade.

37. incoherent rambler

Im just waiting for ITK to piss off Sinc and become Infidel Tiger King Prawn.

I’m waiting for Infidel Tiger King Brown*

*hint – not a snake.

MemoryFault

#3542404, posted on August 10, 2020 at 9:42 am

And now you must excuse me.
    I had an idea late last night for a seventh website.
    A phantom political party, so to speak.
    One everybody can join, without doing anything.
    Least of all voting for it, since it won’t exist.

Seven Big Websites.
    Six old white boomers
    Five eyes with 5G
    Four horsemen of the Apocalypso
    Three dum, dum, I forgot
    Two buried semi-autos
    And a partridge in a pear treeeeee!!!

39. Any resistance deplorables are smeared from every direction as “conspiracy theorists”
    Using the old CIA tactics.
    Effective with a cowed populace.
    #WarforYourMind
    Meme warfare is our best weapon at the moment.
    Probably our only one.
    Hit the streets.
    And the interweb walls.
    Fight
    😏😎💪🤙🐸

40. James
    @jurisranger
    VIC Premier Dan Andrews says “If this goes on almost indefinitely, then it’s not about closing businesses for a period of time, it’s closing them for good.” #DictatorDan
    12:56 PM · Aug 7, 2020·Twitter Web App

OH MY FUCKING GOD.

That man is an idiot and a c**t. Anyone kowtowing to this nonsense with “COVIDiot!” and “wear your mask Karen!”, well you deserve to be last in the supermarkets when there is only five potatoes and three cans of soup left.

41. And now you must excuse me.
    I had an idea late last night for a seventh website.
    A phantom political party, so to speak.
    One everybody can join, without doing anything.
    Least of all voting for it, since it won’t exist.

That reads like the blurb on a really bad 1970s discount store tits and guns James Bond knockoff novella.

feelthebern

#3542885, posted on August 10, 2020 at 5:36 pm

I knew it!!!
    We left the stable door open and the ship has sailed.
    PS … I read it. Tissue thin stuff.

43. Arma, get in here and set up the Captain Miller market please.
    What’s the pot up to now -$300?
    I say he’s a shoe salesman.
    #AlBundy

He’s a lunatic.

45. A phantom political party, so to speak.
    One everybody can join, without doing anything.
    Least of all voting for it, since it won’t exist.

Hehe
    AltRight
    Like smoke on the water, yo
    Perfect.
    No leader means no Target.
    SunTzu

46. It’s all over for Yarragrad &NYC, JC.
    Has your kid got any on the ground intel?
    Hit her up

47. Infidel Tiger King

I sell websites to senior citizens.

It has suddenly become a very lucrative business. Have sold 7 in the last few weeks to one crank.

48. IT forms a new religion.

NO MA’AM (National Organization of Men Against Amazonian Masterhood/Numb Old Men Anxiously Awaiting Morticians) was an anti-feminist group founded by Al Bundy in response to Women’s Bowling Night replacing the Men’s, and the nudie bar being turned into a Women’s Coffee House. The organization was established with the intention of advancing a political agenda to prevent feminist domination, but was often just an excuse for its members to gripe about society, consume alcoholic beverages, partake in illegal activities and play sports (with varying degrees of success).

Hunchback needs to be sectioned.
    The longer version of the loons ravings

If this goes on almost indefinitely, then it’s not about closing businesses for a period of time, it’s closing them for good. I don’t want that. I want businesses to survive. I want workers back at work. I want people to have the stability and security that comes with the job. I’ve spent every day in the job I’ve got trying to create jobs, trying to build the things that we need, trying to change our state for the better. I don’t want this. I want us to get past this. And the only way we can do that is if we get those numbers down.

50. The AltRight needs a party?
    Maybe not .
    Better to run antifa style?
    Underground Overton window movers?

51. I just got a warning because I said on FB that transgenders are vulnerable to people who prey on them.
    “Transgender people are delusional and easy prey for the manipulative bastards who look for them.”
    I’m a bad boy.

52. incoherent rambler

Hunchback needs to be sectioned.

Vertically, horizontally or both?

53. Winston, put the trannies down for a sec, we’ve got bigger fish to fry down here!

54. Nick

The Big Websites will launch when the moon is in the seventh house, and jupiter aligns with mars.

Last. Objet it sounded almost like the rapture was coming. With Faulty, more rupture.

55. “Oh look, a football”

Sad but true.

Props to the fallen.

🌹

56. johanna

Dan is a dead man walking.

Vicco Cats and kittehs – who is likely to get the hospital pass?

57. William the Conjuror

Teddy Sheean. Heroic, yes. Deserving of a Victoria Cross, no. All the previous inquiries into the merits of his actions were correct. The latest decision and recommendation is the wrong one.

58. Armadillo

Arma, get in here and set up the Captain Miller market please.

I only deal in cash. Do you seriously expect me to accept an IOU from this mob?

I’d have to rely on Grigs as a “business partner” to dox them all.

My standards may be low, but even I draw a line somewhere.

59. I’ve just got Kayo to watch my AFL markets/wagers.
    Gotta zip -Pussycats v Saints
    I’m on Geelong at the line. 9.5 points.

60. Heroic, yes. Deserving of a Victoria Cross, no. All the previous inquiries into the merits of his actions were correct. The latest decision and recommendation is the wrong one.

No, stop lying.

61. Arma, you’re gonna need a bigger leather bag, mate
    😃
    What’s your tip?

62. Gunner:

Yeah, yeah. I’m parallel parking the comment.
    #candotwothingsatoncebloke

63. Grigs, get on it please!
    Start trawling the archives and PM me dude.
    Securitate style.

64. Armadillo:
    Old mate has a tobacco pouch he claims is made from an armadillo scrotum.
    Are you missing anything… um…important?
    We won’t look while you check.

65. incoherent rambler

An overseas view, Jeffrey A. Tucker:

Media is EXTREMELY biased, calls protesters “right wing conspiracy nutjobs” and won’t allow discussion of whether these lockdowns are right or not.

I’m not suggesting violence, but the hunchback is better off dead to us than alive.

Yep.
    That is why I suggested the “enemy of my enemy is my friend” approach to the SovCit, anti-vaxxer, 5G loonies was a mistake.

68. You’ve got to get really paranoid.

Assume the sovereign citizens are deep state assets and their talk is an op.

The funny thing is, it sort of makes sense.

69. Johanna, I don’t even know these snakes down here.
    It’ll be someone worse, don’t worry.
    I still say Vicco is ripe for a Trumpian populist Nationalist for senator?
    I’ll give my maiden speech with a target on the back of the suit jacket.
    Optics, people, optics
    🐸

In other news: A Queensland court has dismissed a complaint against the Chinese Consul General for allegedly inciting violence against a university student, Drew Pavlou, finding that he has diplomatic immunity.

Does it work both ways: if some chunk bat gobbler can claim DI while criminally conspiring against you can you claim DI if put a cap in his bony chunk arse.

71. Armadillo

Old mate has a tobacco pouch he claims is made from an armadillo scrotum.

Are you sure it’s not a suitcase?

72. Armadillo

You probably misheard him. It happens with old age.

73. Leigh, the nutters are our antifa.
    Support at all costs.
    The FakeNews spread the message, unwittingly.
    We need some form of visible resistance.
    At this point, any kind.
    Don’t be naive.

74. Cold-Hands

The latest on the Beirut explosion:

The amount of ammonium nitrate which led to the deadly Beirut explosion must have been much less than the original stockpile or else the Lebanese capital would have been “erased,” Russian military expert Viktor Murakhovsky said.

The Beirut blast, which claimed the lives of at least 158 people and injured 6,000 others, was so intense it smashed masonry, shattered windows, sucked furniture out of apartments onto the streets and left almost 300,000 people in disaster-stricken Beirut without homes fit to live in, according to Lebanese officials.

Lebanese President Michel Aoun had said the explosion was due to a stockpile of 2,750 tonnes of the industrial chemical ammonium nitrate, used in fertilizers and explosives, catching fire after having been stored at the port since 2013 without safety measures.

However, Murakhovsky said that if the full amount announced by Lebanese officials did explode, it would have erased Beirut off the map.

The military expert added in an interview with Russian newspaper Komsomolskaya Pravda that it is much more likely that large amounts from such a stockpile were stolen over the years.

[…]

Based on the blast, it appears the amount of ammonium nitrate [that exploded] did not exceed 300 tonnes.”

William the Conjuror

#3542922, posted on August 10, 2020 at 6:01 pm

Of course, the likes of Googlery will be right behind issuing medals and ribbons to “front line elf wukkas”, along with a day of celebration of their bwavewy.
    For what?
    Working six days straight, in a mask, with overtime.

76. John64

Vicco Cats and kittehs – who is likely to get the hospital pass?

Jacinta Allan.

As Minister for Transport Infrastructure she’s relatively untouched by the hotel quarantine scandal and the Liars always put a sheila behind the steering wheel of the bus when they realise it is hurtling full speed towards the cliff and it’s too late to slam the brakes on.

77. SovCit, anti-vaxxer, 5G loonies

It doesn’t roll off the tongue like “Nazis!”
    But it means the same thing nowadays
    Hehe
    Embrace it.
    Whatever resistance you show gonna be lumped in there too.

Show some respect to Field Marshall Grooglery, N.B.G, V.D. and Scar.

Assume the sovereign citizens are deep state assets and their talk is an op.

The funny thing is, it sort of makes sense.

Yep.
    If I wanted to put the world’s biggest false flag op out there, a 5G anti-vax CovCit would be top of my list.

80. vlad

If he were assassinated we’d never hear the end of him. He’d be Socrates, Gandhi and Raouel Wallenberg rolled into one, from now until hell freezes over.

Victoria needs to be collapse utterly – Atlas Shrugged style – with him at the wheel for it to have any future.

81. Armadillo

We need some form of visible resistance.
    At this point, any kind.

Start flying the Australian flag. Upside down.

82. Delta A

Are you sure it’s not a suitcase?

Very well played, Dillo. 🙂

83. Sorry, Armadillo.
    My hearts just not in it tonight.
    As you were.

84. Farmer Gez

JBS Brooklyn closed for 14 days because of Mad Covid Disease.

Brooklyn
    The largest facility in our Southern business, the Brooklyn plant is a multi-species operation with a daily capacity of 1,400 head of cattle and 8,200 head of small stock.
    The Brooklyn plant employs 1,230 people and is located just 7km from the Port of Melbourne.
    Utilising state-of-the-art processing technology and systems, the Brooklyn plant houses extensive cold storage facilities.

Chairman Dan….you’ve done it again.

85. notafan

That’s the second time in a month at JBS

Testing going really well

Obviously

86. feelthebern

For what?
    Working six days straight, in a mask, with overtime.

Doing jobs they could have quit at any time.
    Let’s be clear here too.
    They are treating people today with COVID19 the same way they treated them 6 months ago.
    Retards.
    If it’s treatment by check list, why are even doctors still doing it?
    We could get some external contractors to do it.

87. Davey Boy

some innovative agility seeps into NSW parliament (scroll alert)
    ELECTRONIC PETITIONS FOR PARLIAMENT, FINALLY!
    Today the NSW Parliament launched ePetitions, enabling the electronic lodgement and management of petitions. Paper-based petitions will remain, and there are different thresholds for the number of petitioners required for a petition to be debated in Parliament. Whilst paper-based petitions require 10,000 signatures for a petition, an e-petition will require 20,000. Read on for more information and click on the link to start your ePetition.
    What are ePetitions?
    Petitions that are created online and signed online – there is no physical component. The Department of the Legislative Assembly, working with developers through the Department of Parliamentary Services, has developed a system to allow online petitions to be accepted. Sessional Orders adopted in July 2020 set out the requirements for ePetitions.
    How do I create an ePetition?
    Residents of New South Wales will be able to create ePetitions from the NSW Parliament website. To create an ePetition, a petitioner must provide contact details so that they can be contacted to make sure their ePetition complies with the Standing and Sessional Orders. A petitioner must also have at least five people supporting the ePetition before it proceeds to the next stage in the process – which is a Member of the Legislative Assembly agreeing to present it. The petitioner chooses how long the petition is open for – one, three or twelve weeks.
    How do I sign an ePetition?
    The website will have a list of ePetitions that are open for signature. To sign an ePetition you must identify yourself as a resident of New South Wales and provide a valid email address.
    What’s the role of the Member of the Legislative Assembly?
    As for paper petitions, only a Member of the Legislative Assembly can present the ePetition to the Assembly. Petitioners ask a Member to present an ePetition on their behalf. If the Member agrees to present the ePetition, it becomes open for signatures. Members cannot create ePetitions, and they cannot sign ePetitions they have agreed to present.
    What happens once the ePetition is closed for signatures?
    The ePetition is reported to the Assembly on the first sitting day after it closes and it becomes a ‘tabled paper’ of the Assembly. The ePetition is also provided to the relevant Minister. If it has more than 500 signatures the Minister must provide a response, which will appear on the website. A link to the response will be sent to all signatories (if they did not opt out of receiving updates on progress). If it has more than 20,000 signatures it will be the subject of a debate in the Assembly on the next available date (sitting Thursdays at 4pm, the same as for paper petitions with more than 10,000 signatures).
    Can I share the ePetition on social media?
    Yes, at various stages – you can share it from the list of open ePetitions or you can share it after you’ve signed it. There are links to Facebook and Twitter.
    Can I see who signed the ePetition?
    No. Neither Members nor the public can access the list of names and email addresses.
    What happens to the email addresses of signatories to the petition?
    The email addresses are not kept. They are automatically deleted after six months. They are only used to keep signatories informed of the progress of their petition.
    What privacy measures are in place?
    Petitioners, supporters and signatories must accept the terms and conditions, which set out what their personal information will be used for (contacting petitioners to confirm details of the petition; contacting signatories to inform them of the progress of the petition (only if they did not opt out).

88. mh

The Age

Trump wants his face carved on Mount Rushmore: source
    An unnamed official has reportedly asked the governor’s office how an additional president could be added.

89. johanna

We have had quite a few comments recently about how Indian culture is totally corrupt, all Indians are to be distrusted and are only in it for themselves, etc. Those of us with Indian friends know that this is a ridiculous generalisation about a very complicated country.

Anyway, it was nice to see this story, albeit put up on TheirABC for the wrong reasons:

South Australian woman Greeshma Patel and her daughter, Prisha, were separated for nearly a year while the toddler was with her grandparents in India — a separation prolonged by the coronavirus pandemic.

The three-year-old’s parents were in Port Lincoln, on SA’s Eyre Peninsula, with their newborn baby when the pandemic began, and were unable to secure visas for Prisha’s grandparents to get her back to Australia.

Ms Patel ended up turning to a group of Australian expats who were coming home, to see if any of them could bring her daughter with them.

Newlywed Queensland couple Neha Soni and Shailesh Thorat — whom Ms Patel had never met — put up their hands to help.

and

“We were a bit nervous because we don’t have experience with kids but … we thought, ‘OK let’s go for it, and try our best to take her home safely’.”
    Toddler ‘a wonderful, understanding kid’

Ms Soni said Prisha was uncomfortable on the first flight, which was on a small plane that did not have working air conditioning, but was relaxed on the second flight and enjoyed watching cartoons on her tablet.

Ms Soni and her husband spoke a different language to Prisha, but said that despite the communication barrier, the toddler was well-behaved.

“She is such a beautiful kid, she was understanding all the things, and she was not a spoiled kid not listening,” Ms Soni said.

“You know, with your kids, you can scold and say, ‘sit properly, don’t make a mess’, but to others’ kids you have to be very polite.

“But she was such a wonderful kid and she was listening to us properly, and treating us nicely.”

Good people helping good people. It’s not all Badlands out there.

90. Judge Dredd:

Australians should never have given up their guns. It’s much harder to be a totalitarian bully when the purple are armed.

They gave up clapped out .22s and bought new 5.56/7.62 weapons.
    The civil populace has upgraded their stock, which is something the armed forces hasn’t done for yonks.
    🙂

Sounds like the Russians are trying to minimize it given there’s a Russian component to the story. Since the stuff was owned by Hezbollah I doubt any of it was stolen. The Hezbies would be quite severe with people stealing their stuff.

What happened in Beirut? | Power Line (9 Aug)

The current protests are fun since everyone in Beirut knows it was Hezbollah’s ammonium nitrate, and quite likely know the arms cache next to it was what set it off. Fireworks (giggle). But they can’t protest against Hezbollah since they have a ruthless army of 50 thousand hardened ji hadis. If the gloves come off it would not go well for the protesters or their families.

92. mh

What will trigger Stage 5?

Inquiring minds…

93. Armadillo

My hearts just not in it tonight.

Obviously. Mrs A just pointed out that Armadillo testicles are for sale on the Internet for US $49.99.

AKA as “Swinging Serloins”, “Cowboy Caviar”, “Prairie Oysters” and “Calf or Bull Fries”.

The Internet is a place full of lies and sick bastards. No wonder Trump wants it shut down.

#trumpisgod

94. Farmer Gez

Souped up BS from the medical experts today that cases in the many hundreds will lead to double figure deaths two weeks later.

Spain and the Poms have had a definite second peak in cases for many weeks and yet the death toll is very low.

You would almost think those countries have developed a way to keep the elderly and susceptible safe.
    We on the other hand are too busy testing and arresting.

Opinion
    Sydney has chance to show Lebanese Australians they belong
    By Sarah Ayoub
    August 10, 2020 — 12.26am

Belonging was an impossible quest for young Arab-Australians in the 1990s and 2000s. We came of age at a time when radio hosts were egging the masses against us, when the beaches where we had spent our childhood summers became scenes of riots and protests against our presence in the only place we’d called home. News broadcasts labelled and derided us and newspaper stories stripped us of our Australianness and rendered us foreign.

For many of us, Lebanon became a lifeline. We sought belonging in our common histories, turning inward to one another, to our communities, to the music and language of our people, even if it didn’t come as naturally to us as English. We embraced our parents’ fragmented and traumatic memories of a land we had only experienced from afar.

Lebanon was a place that proffered what Australia could not: acceptance for those parts of ourselves we could not change, where we could embrace our surnames, our skin colour, hijabs and wild hair, our vibrant personalities.

Now that place of abstract refuge is hurting after the blast at Beirut’s port which devastated much of the city, killing 157 people, including a two-year-old Australian boy, and leaving thousands homeless.

Cities around the world have made a visible show of solidarity with Lebanon, including Melbourne and Brisbane and even Tel Aviv, the capital of Lebanon’s greatest enemy, which projected the Lebanese flag on to its town hall. But in Sydney, home to one of the world’s largest Lebanese diaspora, there has been nothing.

Sydney projected the French flag on to the sails of the Opera House when 130 people were killed in the Paris terrorism attacks of 2015, but didn’t do the same for Lebanon when it was attacked a day earlier. We should now right that wrong.

More than 68,000 people in NSW were born in Lebanon and hundreds of thousands more are of Lebanese descent. Such an act of solidarity and care would show such a sizeable part of the Sydney community that their blood, that their identity, matters.

It would be a nod of appreciation to those who have toiled for this country and this state, serving in the military, playing in local and national sporting teams, serving in government, and even, as many a Lebanese tradie can attest, building parts of this city with their very hands.

Like many within my community, I am a proud Australian, but my connection to Lebanon is more than heritage and nostalgia. Most of us might only know our motherland through memories of tragedy and trauma, but we also know it as a place that offered us belonging when we knew anything but.

This is a chance for Sydney to change that — and show us we are part of this city we’ve always called home.

Sydney Morning Herald.

97. Farmer Gez

Generalised insults covering whole countries is straight out of Number Wang’s playbook.
    We’re better than that.

98. Tintarella di Luna

I see the bus captain and puppy fondler has covered herself in glory again. What a girl — Nobody’s Girl of course.

A furious unsolicited phone call was made by Keneally to Today during its regular segment with Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton and Labor deputy leader Richard Marles 10 days ago.

The junior female producer in her early 20s ultimately hung up on the shadow home affairs minister, with Today alleging Keneally berated the producer “in something between a shout and a scream”.

As we noted last week, the segment didn’t ask questions of Dutton about a story on the ABC’s 7.30 the previous night which alleged a Border Force officer mistook negative flu tests for COVID results on the Ruby Princess, setting loose 2700 passengers.

This caused some questioning among members of Nine’s Canberra bureau, as we revealed last week. But it turns out the person who was by far the most upset about this omission was Keneally.

Nine sources claim that as the segment aired last Friday week, the shadow home affairs minister embarked on a colourful tirade at the junior producer, demanding that she force Today’s co-host Allison Langdon to grill Dutton on the Ruby Princess.

But Nine sources have told Diary that the power imbalance of a former NSW premier and one of Labor’s federal top brass allegedly acting so forthrightly with a much younger woman did not go down well. “We were disappointed someone like Kristina Keneally would, in something between a shout and a scream, vent at a young female producer,” a Today insider told Diary. “It was unacceptable behaviour.”…

But Keneally denies “shouting and screaming” in her own defence, seeing Nine’s response as a “gendered take”.

“Do they really describe a woman’s behaviour as ‘shouting and screaming’?,” Keneally asked Diary on Sunday. “Well, that’s quite a gendered take. I’ve been in politics and media for almost 20 years, and while I know how to have a direct conversation, I don’t raise my voice in a work setting.”

Today was also shocked by the demands that Keneally made on the call: “In all our years of doing political stories, we’ve never received a call from a politician directing us on what questions to ask their political opponents,” the Today insider said.

But Nine’s anger about this has only seemed to prompt Keneally to double down. “I recommend that the Today show listen to Channel 9’s political reporters on how to hold government ministers to account — including Peter Dutton’s failure to stop the Ruby Princess — and not just rely on them as talking heads.”

99. custard

mh
    #3542968, posted on August 10, 2020 at 6:31 pm
    The Age

Trump wants his face carved on Mount Rushmore: source

The FMIC* are the most dishonest people on the planet.

* FucktardMediaIndustrialComplex
    H/T Tom

100. BoN:

Fireworks (giggle).

Which was why I felt the lack of smoke trails from skyrockets was significant.

By popular demand, Nobody’s Girl, a super karen if there was one:

Gez, what % of JBS’s output goes to export?
    Our local meatworks is actually running at a domestic surplus after exports ceased (even with shift reductions).
    Bargains to be had at their retail outlet.
    Not true for every meatworks obviously.

103. feelthebern

On Sunday 2nd August the Storm played the Knights at Sunshine Coast stadium.
    It was a full house.
    Zero social distancing.
    It was a 4pm game so a lot of the punters were in the sun until about 5:30.
    If there are zero clusters emerging from this, doesn’t it mean that lockdowns aren’t the answer?

104. Cassie of Sydney

“including Melbourne and Brisbane and even Tel Aviv, the capital of Lebanon’s greatest enemy, which projected the Lebanese flag on to its town hall. “

A very deliberate omission by Miss Ayoub because she knows full well that Tel Aviv is not the capital of “Lebanon’s greatest enemy” (note how she refers to Isr**l as Lebanon’s “greatest enemy”)…the capital of Israel is, has always been and always will be JERUSALEM.

105. feelthebern

The weather was sunny.
    You can see the conditions on YouTube.

Winston – They looked like mortar bombs cooking off to me. Not big enough for Katyusha rockets, but given the distance they might be. But the flashes were all white in colour and as you said didn’t have trails, which is why I thought they looked like mortar bombs. No one has reported on this hypothesis that I know of.

107. vlad

I’m glad whoever took the call hung up on the beyotch.

Paul Keating routinely rang newspaper editors screaming for minutes on end. They should have hung up likewise.

108. NoFixedAddress

Premier Dan of Andrewslandia can say and do just whatever he feels like.

Who or what is to stop him?

GG, your joking.

Army, he’s got them helping his black shirts.

Voters, they love him.

“The Press”, don’t make me laugh.

By virtue of Victorian Public Service Law ™ the next elections are due on November 26, 2022.

He will gain an increased majority.

109. so it’s the design engineers job.
    Yep. And while it is frustrating to pay for and demand the full spec data and explanatory notes, there is no choice.
    Then you turn to the most important folk, the project engineer. We soon learned to give away consulting project engineers (sorry I have a meeting, I have to go), and hire our own young and passionate guys and guyesses.
    Brilliant, cheap, aggressive and demanding. Suppliers, subbies and foremen soon learned that these young folk were “not for turning”. Young civils are stars.

110. feelthebern

He will gain an increased majority.

The ALP will.
    Andrews will be moved on post the unveiling of his savour stature.

Tel Aviv, the capital of Lebanon’s greatest enemy,

The capital of Lebanon’s greatest enemy is Tehran.

Sydney has chance to show Lebanese Australians they belong

Och!

We of Scottish descent are still waiting for a tribute from the Sassenachs.

Get to the back of the queue, lassie.

113. notafan

If Dan wins with an increased majority.

Oh well that’s democracy.

114. Cold-Hands

However if Hezbollah had been using the stockpile for their activities, it’s quite possible that the stockpile was greatly reduced from 2750 tonnes.

115. Farmer Gez

Leigh Lowe
    #3542986, posted on August 10, 2020 at 6:49 pm
    Gez, what % of JBS’s output goes to export?
    Bargains to be had at their retail outlet.
    Not true for every meatworks obviously.

Don’t know on a quick look.
    They’re the largest meat processor in Vic. JBS is a Brazilian company.

Whatever happens in the shops it’s a kick in the nuts for sheep producers with the price down 25% already.
    Farmers with choices will dump sheep and go cropping if the price falls away to well under 600 cents a kilo. The collapse of the wool market is another big factor.

You could find the already small sheep flock getting smaller again and this will lead to big price jumps in meat once the Mad Covid Disease is over.

Steelfixers know if steel supplied is dodgy/not Australian. You have reputable suppliers.

The guys up thread talked about concrete testing – also done at the source.

117. Cassie:

And I bet London to a brick on she was aware exactly of what she was doing.
    I’d say much more, but won’t.
    Well, apart from ‘duplicitous bitch’.

118. Cassie of Sydney

“And I bet London to a brick on she was aware exactly of what she was doing.
    I’d say much more, but won’t.
    Well, apart from ‘duplicitous bitch’.”

Yep..published by the Stinking, Sneering, Anti-Semitic Morning Herald…of course.

119. BoN:

You may be right with the mortars, but my thoughts, watching the sparklers, was magnesium flares igniting all at once instead of burning slowly. The colour was similar as well as the brightness.

That Nobody’s Girl vid is unsettling. The Ring/X Files creepy.

121. notafan

Ms Ayoub doesn’t seen to be inclusive of the Maronite community in those remarks.

Worked with Maronites, kids went to school with Maronites.

Totally integrated, and most people probably thought they were Italian.

122. Ed Case

Stock up on Beef while you can.
    I’d say it’s got a bleak future.

123. Armadillo

Is it possible that most of that ammonium nitrate ended up in Syria?

124. johanna

When I was a Pube working in a grants program, Bob Katter Sr used to ring up when a favoured constituent didn’t get a grant. I would put the phone down and get on with my work, every now and then picking it up and saying ‘uh-huh’. His rants were so loud I could hear every word with the phone on the desk.

KK throwing a tanty is (sort of) a story. Hurty feelz is not.

From what I know about network television, the dainty producer’s peers would be a much more likely source of abuse.

If Dan wins with an increased majority.
    Oh well that’s democracy.

Seven reported that nice Mr Lukashenko of Belorussia was elected for his 6th consecutive term with 80% of the vote. How good is that? He must be even more popular than Daniel Andrews.

126. H B Bear

Trump should carve his head into Mount Rushmore just for the LOLs. It would drive them apoplectic and sed most of them over the edge.

127. mh

We ❤️ Donald

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    This is Fake News by the failing @nytimes & bad ratings @CNN. Never suggested it although, based on all of the many things accomplished during the first 3 1/2 years, perhaps more than any other Presidency, sounds like a good idea to me!
    Quote Tweet

CNN
    @CNN
    · 16h
    White House reached out to South Dakota governor about adding President Trump to Mount Rushmore, New York Times reports

128. notafan

The bug has been in residential care for weeks.

Don’t know who the super spreaders were.

Visiting medics, agency staff, cleaners, who knows.

Palliative care only for some, they’ll keep dying til they run out of them.

Dan’s should rerun those Grim Reaper ads.

129. vlad

Stock up on Beef while you can.
    I’d say it’s got a bleak future.

And a very short shelf life.

130. johanna

Oh, and BoN, those chemicals were stored in a warehouse under who knows what conditions for years.

Do you have any information on possible degradition? And what effect it might have on their sploydiness?

131. incoherent rambler

Daniel Andrews name changed from Dimitri Andropov.

132. notafan

BoN

That’s how we Victorian commies roll.

Please don’t tell anyone.

133. Armadillo

Mr Lukashenko of Belorussia

Described as the last European dictator. I doubt it.

134. Top Ender

In response to the inquiry about, the Sheean VC will be the Victoria Cross for Australia.

135. Goanna

Dan is a dead man walking.

Vicco Cats and kittehs – who is likely to get the hospital pass?

Jill Hennessy comes to mind – a sort of Victorian version of Kristina Keneally.

The funny thing is the experts told/tell us that Crazy Dan is good at politics. Sure, he can talk under water but we’re seeing his political competence for what it is – socialist drivel.

It’s fun watching his descent. So much fun.

136. vlad

Dan’s should rerun those Grim Reaper ads.

If he won’t, I will.

Hilariously bad. (Note also: John Stanton voice over.)

Bolta angry with scomo banning Hydroxy; scomo relying on fucked advice from his fucked advisors who are relying on fucked studies of Hydroxy; and also because scomo misrepresented Bolta and the treatment of old folks in homes. For Bolta scomo and hunchback are in a mutual head up arse loop. Bolta could be right, scomo looking very grungy in a head up arse sort of way.

it’s quite possible that the stockpile was greatly reduced from 2750 tonnes.

Cold Hands – Didn’t look like it. Photo. Here’s the caption:

An image of the warehouse taken some time before the blast shows the same sliding doors and white patch – though without writing on it – along with what appear to be the chemicals that exploded stored inside

Nitroprill stacked two bulk bags high and right up to the door.

From this Daily Mail story from 3 days ago, which has a huge number of pics and videos, so probably not good on your phone.

139. incoherent rambler

Will it be: “I didn’t want this job, but a good government had lost it’s way,..”

140. johanna

Gotta love The Donald.

He has the distraction squirrels going nuts over Mt Rushmore. Yet, weeks ago, they were saying that it should be destroyed because whatever. Now, they claim that his visage would be sacrilege.

He is one smark cookie. 🙂

141. Ed Case

Beef has an very good shelf life in the fridge, vlad.
    The truck is to buy cryovac, cut steaks off as needed, seal the bag shut, and keep the fridge at 3 degrees on the lowest shelf.
    It’s not rocket science, and it makes Beef, the King of Foods, quite economical.

It’s kind of funny thinking about it. The continent the experts were most worried about with the china bug taking hold was of course , Africa. Grillions would die we were told.

The median age on the continent is around 17 making it more or less a continent of teenagers.

I have no doubt the illness is raging through the place at the rate of knots, but rather than being decimated the place to turn out to the the first developing natural immunity and a relatively tiny death toll.

143. Cassie of Sydney

“calli
    #3543008, posted on August 10, 2020 at 7:08 pm
    That Nobody’s Girl vid is unsettling. The Ring/X Files creepy.”

Yep…Deirdre Grusovin could spill a lot of beans on how Keneally operates.

vlad

#3542993, posted on August 10, 2020 at 6:53 pm

I’m glad whoever took the call hung up on the beyotch.

Equally good would have been to go into monotone… “You call is being recorded for quality control and training and mau be used in evidence.”
    Imagine banging the office phone on speaker, recording it on your mobile and putting it up on social meeja.

145. Farmer Gez

Vicco Cats and kittehs – who is likely to get the hospital pass?

Jill Hennessy comes to mind – a sort of Victorian version of Kristina Keneally.

Hennessy is in the gang of eight.
    Nobody’s coming out of that room alive.

Apropos of nothing: Myrna Loy, Rin-Tin-Tin and Leila Hyams , 1928. Rinny is the one in the middle.

147. miltonf

Haha didn’t know Nobody’s girl and Grusovin were at each other’s throats.

Get a load of his cash balance. The fucker is like a country… actually he has more cash than most countries when you think about it . 🙂

(NYSE: BRK-A)(NYSE: BRK-B) released its second-quarter earnings on Saturday morning and its profit margins were up by 87% from last year. It’s a great turnaround for the company, which reported a huge first-quarter loss.

The rise in profit margin can be attributed to the increased value of its investment portfolio in the stock market. However, it also took a $9.8 billion write-down on the aircraft manufacturing business due to the economic impact of COVID-19.

The total earnings of the company are reported to be $26.3 billion, or $16,314 per Class A share, during the second quarter. That’s up from $14.1 billion, or $8,608 per share, a year ago.

Profits increased within company’s insurance divisions while railroad, utilities and other divisions suffered. In the first quarter, the company suffered a loss of $50 billion. The earnings from this quarter seem to be a positive indicator as there are seismic changes that are still being noticed in consumer behaviour.

He took a huge hit with airlines and closed out the stock positions. He’s now piling in hugely into Bank of America holding about 12% of the stock. He’s got room to raise his position to 25%.

149. jupes

M*slims are at least four times more likely to join IS than the ADF.

If you like Lebanon so much, fuck off back there and don’t come back.

150. incoherent rambler

New Colloquialisms:

What a clusterdan!
    A complete dan up.
    Totally danned.

Is his hump about to burst?

Whoops. Left out his cash position

Berkshire was reportedly holding $147 billion cash and short-term investments in the second quarter, of which $5.1 billion was used by Warren Buffett to repurchase Berkshire shares.

Buffet is 100% apergers and likely on the autism spectrum. I watched a netflix doco on him last year. His first wife left him because he never really spent much time with her or his family as he always had his head inside the covers of a financial report. She had enough and took off to live in San Francisco. He used to come home and apparently read financial reports while having dinner.

153. H B Bear

So Gargooglery does his own butchering. No surprise there.

If I sold my house I could almost afford one share.

Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (BRK-A)
    NYSE – NYSE Delayed Price. Currency in USD
    314,333.88+6,878.88 (+2.24%)
    At close: August 7 4:01PM EDT

I admit a rise of nearly ten grand Aussie, on my one share, would be not a bad return on a single day.

Top Ender.
    I saw a bit of it back in the 1990’s (in a very peripheral way).
    A very strange (cough) “relationship”.

156. William the Conjuror

Teddy Sheean.

Scomo (a politician) said the Review Panel, chaired by Brendan Nelson (another politician), based its recommendation on new information.

Brendan Nelson said the Panel found that a form 51 had been used instead of a form 52 (or vice versa). No other new information was mentioned.

William – That’s been covered here previously. RAN paperwork was awful.
    Seems unfair to deny someone a medal because paper pushers weren’t using the correct forms.

Firstly Bruce, you should have been in bed 3 hours ago. Dude, one share is around A$450,000. You know, I’ve never traded or invested in his pile as I was too lazy to figure out what the hell class A and B stock actually means…. Not just that they are different but in terms of what the fucker could pull with those different class.

You realize he’s autistic, right? A very high functioning one.

159. MatrixTransform

nobody! … ever expects the conjugator

160. mh

Trump tightening in the betting markets.

$2.60 into $2.40 with BetEasy

If I sold my house I could almost afford one share.

Do you own one or not?

You realize he’s autistic, right? A very high functioning one.

JC – I read an article once that said most Nobel Prize winners are, and that is the key to winning it.
    Not at all surprising. Add in Musk, Bezos and Zuckerberg probably.

Trump tightening in the betting markets.

It was be a blast if he wins. For the left, it will totally insufferable and I can’t wait for the wailing.

Any “Rump” today?

164. Knuckle Dragger

Belatedly, golf clap to you Top Ender.

If they were going to award a VC after so long and to that service, I for one am glad it wasn’t on the back of some distant rellos who’d never even seen his service history whinging on Facebook. It was on the back, to at least some extent in my humble view, of an A Grade military historian with extensive research skills and service of his own to boot.

Bravo, sir.

Albo, siddown. Nobody’s talking to you.

165. Ed Case

No one’s been denied a medal.
    The bloke’s been dead 78 years, left no descendants, and the only living extended family never met him.
    Let the man rest in peace.

Gez at 7:03.
    Thanks for that.
    I wasn’t attempting to underplay the impacts.
    It is a brick in the pond, and the effects will fall unevenly.
    We need to get back to backyard butchering … not.
    (I think my last home butchering effort was a chook. Not quick. Not pretty. The Sunday roast was short one wing and a bit bruised).

167. Cassie of Sydney

“William the Conjuror
    #3543049, posted on August 10, 2020 at 7:43 pm”

As yes…William the Expert….the same expert who maintained that Ben Batterham would be found guilty of murdering Ricky Slater.

168. Knuckle Dragger

‘a form 51 had been used instead of a form 52 (or vice versa). No other new information was mentioned.’

Never gets sick of being wrong.

Apparently.

169. Armadillo

$2.60 into $2.40 with BetEasy

The betting market is bullshit. It’s based on false polling. Read the form guide.

Bravo, sir.

Correct.
    I doffs me cap.
    If anyone in political circles deserves a nod it might be Brendan Nelson.

Bruce

I met one about a decade ago through a friend by being invited on his ship. This dude, at the height of tech thing was worth about US$14 billion. They then found some “accounting regularities” and the stock dropped about 80% in a few days. He was either autistic or completely coated with aspergers. He was likeable enough, but it’s very hard to even describe, it was like talking to a robot. I don’t mean his hand/body movements etc. It was the tone in how he would converse. There was no voice inflection, no humor and no emotion shown in any way.

172. Cassie of Sydney

“If anyone in political circles deserves a nod it might be Brendan Nelson.”

Brendan Nelson is a nice person with some integrity….never given an opportunity by the Turd of Point Piper….who of course has zero integrity.

No JC it’s never occurred to me to buy one Buffett share. 😀

I own a humble house as befits the birds of the air, who God looks after (Mt 6:26 😉 ).
    You saw my doormat this morning!
    A couple nearby properties are on the market asking $450-480k.

Secondly, who gives a fuck?

175. mh

JC, maybe later in the week. Medium rare.

I’m getting the idea Victorians are not eating properly, which is why they are getting sick.

Bruce

You’re old work colleague (not the American)… if you know who I mean .. is kinda touched too, but in a good way. MIT must be aspergers/Autism central. 🙂

JC, maybe later in the week. Medium rare.

Oh good. I was getting concerned for you.

Green & vegan.
    No thanks.

179. vlad

I posted something about LSD and it went to the spaminator. Oh, no, wait, I said the R word.

You know, rac co on. Like the cheese. But with more c’s and an r-a at the start.

I think high functioning autists/aspergers are hugely intelligent. If they get interested in a subject they totally immerse themselves to the point they could die of hunger and thirst because they’re only focused on one thing.

Cassie, I loved that doco on The Downfall of Trumble.
    The Great One was hanging on by his fingernails and pulled the stunt of insisting that a petition be signed by a majority of MPs to call another meeting.
    Bewdiful.

182. Knuckle Dragger

So, after reading through today’s festivities I find I have to access no less than six websites, and potentially a seventh to find the One True Path.

Is this somebody’s idea of a joke? Because if it is, it’s not funny. I’m not made of finding secret websites, y’know.

183. Firstly, it was a form 57 and form 58, which was probably an error made by Googlery’s grandfather on the Dept of Stamping and Filing.
    Secondly, who gives a fuck?

Sir Griggolesly Grogglesworth II, CMG of Jobsworthiness

Another sad waste of a human life.

184. The websites are heavenly seals.

Good lord you may not want the seventh one to go live.

mh

#3543077, posted on August 10, 2020 at 7:59 pm

JC, maybe later in the week. Medium rare.

Nah, mate.
    All good.
    Just smashed a rakolam and veggies.
    Mit der gravy.

186. Cassie of Sydney

“The last signature which got it over the line and signed Trumble’s death warrant, carried the footnote “for Brendan Nelson.”
    Bewdiful.”

Yep. I would have added…for Peter King, for Brendan Nelson and for Tony Abbott.

187. Knuckle Dragger

‘Sir Griggolesly Grogglesworth II, CMG of Jobsworthiness’

And holder of the coveted Coral Belt.

($8.99 at mmadirect.com)

188. Ed Case
    #3543064, posted on August 10, 2020 at 7:51 pm

No one’s been denied a medal.
    Let the man rest in peace.

Ed is oozing with respect. He’s bleeding from his eyes right now.

189. Makka

Let the man rest in peace.</blockquote

I'm sure he will now Ed. As will his shipmates since passed.

190. Knuckle Dragger

It’s all in there. The seals, I mean.

‘1 And when Fault had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour.’

Nap time, clearly.

191. johanna

BoN – did the storage conditions over several years affect the splodiness of the Beirut warehouse stock?

Yep. I would have added…for Peter King, for Brendan Nelson and for Tony Abbott.

Ha, ha.
    See Appendix A for full list of victims.

193. Mick Gold Coast QLD

From Tintarella di Luna at 6:44 pm:

” Kristina Keneally has refused to back down and even played the “gender” card, after… allegations by Nine’s Today show of “unacceptable” behaviour towards a junior female TV producer. …”

How does she get to play the gender card against a brother sister?

“…
    But Nine sources … [said it] … did not go down well. “We were disappointed someone like Kristina Keneally would, in something between a shout and a scream, vent at a young female producer,”

But Keneally denies “shouting and screaming” …

“Do they really describe a woman’s behaviour as ‘shouting and screaming’?,” Keneally asked … on Sunday. “Well, that’s quite a gendered take.”

“gendered take”?

Do they all have a little handbook, these smart alec sheilas, with hitherto unseen phrases stockpiled, describing previously unknown concepts, ready to launch instantly.

Eddie’s gurrrllll is a Grade A bitch – acquaintances who watched her close up as NSW planning minister summarised her as having no interest in the subject matter of the portfolio, she was driven only by the politics and the power of it all.

She had Powerful Eddie believing he was as handsome as Omar Sharif there for a bit, as she lent truth to Henry Kissinger’s observation that “power is the ultimate aphrodisiac”. They both profited.

JC – A fine SF is “A Deepness in the Sky” by Vernor Vinge. He’s a mathematician and scifi author. He uses this state of focus for the key theme in his story. I think there’s a lot going for the idea, but it isn’t restricted to ASD people.

All the good sportsmen know about focus and being “in the zone”. It’s a powerful frame of mind if you can access it. The top people train themselves to get into the zone at will.

195. johanna

People here are defending that unprincipled, sopping wet opportunist Brendan Nelson?

Crikey!

196. jupes

Recall a couple of Richmond dickheads grabbed a team mates balls and arse? Well here is the AFL response:

Mr McLachlan said that following discussions with industry partners including Federal Sex Discrimination Commissioner Kate Jenkins and Our Watch CEO Patty Kinnersly, the AFL would initially conduct briefings with Club CEOs, Coaches and Club General Managers of Football to discuss the issue of inappropriate conduct including leadership, equality and respect in our workplaces.

The AFL’s Respect and Responsibility Policy currently provides the platform for players and officials to report complaints.

He said the AFL would also draw on the expertise of Ms Jenkins, Ms Kinnersly and other authorities ahead of working closely with the clubs at the end of the season on a longer-term approach including the development of an educational program aimed at ensuring more respectful and inclusive high performance workplaces, with a specific focus on players and sexual harassment.

“It’s important we work together to ensure our entire industry is really clear about the standards we must set in order to deliver the safest environment possible for everyone working in our game.” Mr McLachlan said.

LOL. As opposed to telling the blokes to pull their head in. And how in the world does the AFL become “industry partners” with the Sex Discrimination Commissioner? Can you just imagine the “education program” that those humourless zealots will come up with?

FMD what an insane world we live in.

197. Tintarella di Luna

Eddie’s gurrrllll is a Grade A bitch –

I have watched this political creature from the moment she went to her first public meeting as the Member for Heffron, as Minister for Disability and saw her the day she led the NSW Labor government to the biggest landslide loss – she is a hard-hearted political operative, claims she’s a catholic but is a pagan, she is fake at every level and uses very trick in the book.

198. Cassie of Sydney

“Eddie’s gurrrllll is a Grade A bitch “

Yep..and that is still far too complimentary.

199. jupes

200. Knuckle Dragger

I swear to God this is a real quote. It’s a social media communique/whinge about the cops. From Antifa.

‘We organised this event like we’ve done a million fucking times before. We followed the formula that we’ve used in Europe and the US for years, ie, show up, fuck up fascist faces, break some random shit, watch the right wing tears.

‘But this time was different, and it’s your fucking fault. We didn’t get slaps on the wrist, we didn’t get lost in the crowd. We got fucking rounded up and arrested.

‘Now some of us, like yours truly, got bailed out by our backers, but we have court dates and TEN FUCKING YEARS in jail. FOR HUNDREDS OF US. THIS IS FUCKING INSANE.

‘It’s not fair. It’s not fucking fair. We’re not fascists like you guys. We’re the good guys. You have no idea how much this is hurting us. A fuckton of our young members are just checking out, because guess fucking what, they don’t want to go to jail.’

I know the zone well. I can block out an atom bomb explosion.
    I could block off the the trading room and people would have to throw something to get my attention.

202. Cassie of Sydney

“He may have been a useless politician, however he is the only public figure standing up for Ben Roberts Smith.”

Indeed Jupes…but isn’t Kerry Stokes also standing by Ben Roberts Smith?

203. Tintarella di Luna

Knuckle Dragger
    #3543117, posted on August 10, 2020 at 8:25 pm

is there a link Knuckle Dragger – that is the most heartening thing I’ve read in weeks

204. Knuckle Dragger

It’s on YT as well. No linky from here, which I know is a bit Anne-ish but Antifa and BLM are begging people to stop posting video footage of riots because ‘we’re all getting arrested’.

Knuckle Dragger

#3543091, posted on August 10, 2020 at 8:07 pm

So, after reading through today’s festivities …

Fugging funny.
    We’ve gone from …
    “Violence and armed resistance. Stand and fall if we have to”
    to …
    “Who me? Nah. But, gee, someone might do something, sometime in the future and, golly, if the time was right …”
    The first casualty in war is false bravado.

206. Knuckle Dragger

Trying to bring it back Tinta. Jeezus.

Best thing ever. Had all-official Euro Antifa signage through it as well.

207. jupes

Indeed Jupes…but isn’t Kerry Stokes also standing by Ben Roberts Smith?

Yep. Stokes is RS’ employer.

208. Nick

So, the AFL have a pride round but go ballistic about a mong grabbing another guy on the wozza?
    It all déprends on who is doing it I spose.

Johanna- If you look at the photo the nitropril was in standard woven fibroglass bags which we in industry know as bulky bags. They’re sized for easy movement using a forklift. They’re pretty impervious to water and etc, except that they have an open sleeve-like top which is usually tied with a bit of string to close it.

The warehouse was clearly in good condition, and there wasn’t any signs of water ingress in the photo. A little wear and tear on the bags, but not much. In such conditions I would expect ammonium nitrate to be stable indefinitely. It’s a very stable compound anyway.

In my view the most interesting question is what was stored at the other end of the warehouse? That’s had only cursory examination, if that. As Winston and I were discussing it’s clear from the videos that (a) the initial fire started in the other end of the building and (b) the video footage before the big bang showed a lot of small flashes as individual packaged explosive devices of some sort detonated. They did so with a white flash but no tail, so they didn’t seem to be rockets. Then after a while the fire, or the detonating whatever-they-weres, initiated the nitropril in a kilotonne-level explosion.

210. Knuckle Dragger

Ah, shit.

Apologies, Tinta and others.

Wonder if they were to be used for voting.

Customs and Border Protection officers seized nearly 20,000 counterfeit U.S. driver’s licenses at Chicago’s O’Hare airport this year. The shipment of fake driver’s licenses were sent to the United States and originated from China and other countries, according to the report from WNYW-TV.

Within the first six months of this year, CBP reportedly seized 19,888 counterfeit driver’s licenses and other fake documents in 1,513 shipments at O’Hare International Airport alone. Federal customs officials say the shipments arrived mostly from China and Hong Kong, but there were some shipments from South Korea and Britain.

CBP said most of the counterfeit driver’s licenses were for college-age students. Many had the same photo but with different names.

Ralph Piccirilli, CBP’s acting area port director in Chicago, said the IDs were “very realistic.” CBP noted the barcodes on fake Michigan driver’s licenses actually worked.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers working at the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport also intercepted fake driver’s licenses arriving through international cargo.

“In the last six months, CBP officers at DFW intercepted nearly 900 counterfeit driver’s licenses that were delivered via international shipping services to the Dallas area,” a CBP press release from April said. “Approximately 2000 fake IDs have been seized over the last 18 months.”

Look, he got shafted by Trumble … tick.

213. Tintarella di Luna

Getting arrested for rioting, destroying property and the like — diddums — and they don’t want people to post the videos of their brutality? because they’re getting arrested? Best thing ever was Donald Trump’s executive order about destroying federal property — seemed to dampen that enthusiasm somewhat. Portland really is something to behold – city life Democrat-style.

214. Knuckle Dragger

‘The first casualty in war is false bravado.’

I did note somebody hoped somebody else wouldn’t ‘do something stupid with a gun’.

Not very standy, fighty or even fally.

215. Dr Faustus

Certainly would.
    Prill deteriorates so that you don’t use it for ANFO after about six months of storage.

216. mh

Recall a couple of Richmond dickheads grabbed a team mates balls and arse?

I thought there was shaft involved too.

I know the zone well. I can block out an atom bomb explosion.

Don’t I know it it; I have to polish your shiny arse especially hard to get your attention when you’re in the zone.

218. Nick

Is this the same person who said « Both Struth and I accept that it may very well come to that, Struth even more so than me. And we are both prepared to go whatever lengths necessary, including violence and armed resistance.« ?

219. Tintarella di Luna

Look, he got shafted by Trumble … tick.

I have had personal dealings with Brendan Nelson when he was Minister for Education in Howard’s government. I have found him to be a kind, thoughtful, helpful and decent man and I agree he did a really good job at the Australian War Memorial notwithstanding the constant ABC-ing of our servicemen and our national tradition of honouring and commemorating the fallen.

Speaking of which here is a collection of photos of Hitchcock in candid scenes during the making of his movies. God, he was a chubber. The one of Googie Withers is striking.

221. Knuckle Dragger

Nick,

No, but I think that person was mentioned in that conversation.

Reeks of leading from the couch.

222. Cassie of Sydney

“I actually think he has done pretty well at the AWM, including standing up for actual frontline soldiers past and present.”

Well said.

223. Top Ender

Leigh Lowe…Some discussion today about the RAN’s very close ties to the RN, as distinct from the other services. I saw a bit of it back in the 1990’s (in a very peripheral way). A very strange (cough) “relationship”.

Disgusting sir!

A very strange thing, and I believe it to be true.
    Played a lot of criggit as a young chappie and did take a few good catches (if I say so meself).
    Some were just red blur, arm thrust out … thunk … stuck.
    But a couple were … “I can see every stitch on the ball, see it spinning slowly, laughing kookaburra slowly turning through the air, no sound heard.” What actually takes less than a second seems to last 5-6 seconds.
    Thwack.
    Then the sound comes back on.
    Loud.
    Weird, and I often wondered if it was like that for the elite most of the time.

I defer to you on that Faustus. I only know it from lab AR containers, which are well sealed.

Top Ender

#3543146, posted on August 10, 2020 at 8:46 pm

Disgusting sir!

Ah, OK.
    So it’s true then?

227. Top Ender

Ok, Knuckles, I’ll bite.

What’s a “golf clap”?

Leigh – I can do “in the zone” in chemistry at will, but twice in my life I also got in the zone playing golf. I was a very ordinary barely B grade golfer, but those two days the clubs were an extension of my arm and the ball was on a string. It was a strange feeling, but nice. I won a cheap Chinese clock-radio.

229. Knuckle Dragger

A golf clap.

A polite, restrained yet sustained applause at a very moderate decibel level.

The sort of applause you’d give a good friend for a rollicking tale of buxom wenches and dubloons and a finale that involved a fight with axes and another wench at the end, if you were both in the Savage Club at the time.

Top Ender

#3543151, posted on August 10, 2020 at 8:52 pm

Ok, Knuckles, I’ll bite.

What’s a “golf clap”?

What?
    It is a long standing RN tradition on “drinking Nelson’s blood day”.
    You imposter!!!

231. Knuckle Dragger

No no no!

LL’s version!

Golf clap.
    A well known affliction on the PGA tour after weeks on thr road away from the wife.

KD.
    Fuck, fuck, fuckety fuck.
    Wait for the signal.
    Honestly, this lack of discipline is killing me.

234. mh

Golf clap.

Tiger’s cleared that up now.

Thanks, YouTube ‘Recommended for You’ nazi (for once) …

Preposterously cool…
    The smoothest guitar switch ever!

Gotcha.
    FMD, that is one sick puppy.
    Bringing shit like that here.
    Maybe I should cut him a bit of slack.

237. Nick

What tree did Rebecca Maddern climb out of ?