Tuesday Forum: August 11, 2020

2,659 Responses to Tuesday Forum: August 11, 2020

1 2 3 11
  1. MatrixTransform

sneaky bastards

2. Nick

Do cat girls have pussies ? Asking for a friend.

They have furballs.

It’s an identity crisis.

4. Dave in Marybrook

Top Twenny c’monnnnn

5. zyconoclast

I don’t get the cat girl thing.

If you must why not go for the anime/manga girl without the ears and tail

Further to my catgirl comment.

Beware. The Crying Game is only a whiskas away.

7. Tintarella di Luna

Wehehell lookie here – good evening gatti e gatte

8. Nick

Lol Calli, I’m still laughing

Still laughing, Nick at 6.11pm.

New fred. Shiny.

10. thefrollickingmole

zyconoclast
    #3544252, posted on August 11, 2020 at 6:12 pm
    I don’t get the cat girl thing.

If you must why not go for the anime/manga girl without the ears and tail

There is literally no answer you can give that wont confirm you are a pervert.
    None.

11. Dr Faustus

They have furballs.

Calli working blue.
    Sure sign of the End Times.

12. Mick Gold Coast QLD

2oth is barely honorable! Sob.

The Crying Game is only a whiskas away.

Yum!

14. Carpe Jugulum

zyconoclast
    #3544252, posted on August 11, 2020 at 6:12 pm

I don’t get the cat girl thing.

If you must why not go for the anime/manga girl without the ears and tail

Because nobody wants a girls with giant eyes, tiny nose and giant boobs that defy gravity.

Oh…….wait

Nick

#3544266, posted on August 11, 2020 at 6:18 pm

Is this the open furum ?

Tom

#3544267, posted on August 11, 2020 at 6:18 pm

Still laughing, Nick at 6.11pm.

New fred. Shiny.

Blogwreckers all of youse.

16. Armadillo

It appears to me that the Democrats are hell bent on this “Defund the Police” strategy.

It’s absolutely bizarre. Trump will win this in a landslide.

17. Nick

I thought it was my shift Leigh? I’m on the phone to blog wrecker HR right now.

18. Armadillo

Any political strategists here able to offer a plausible explanation?

The only thing I can proffer is that the Democrats already know they have lost.

19. Tintarella di Luna

Oh dear NSW Health and the Federal government what a team. Not a Kristi Noem to be seen anywhere in this country.

Deeply distressing’: NSW Health email told Newmarch House not to use PPE around all residents
    Virginia Clarke told the Royal Commission into Aged Care of her father‘s experience at Newmarch House, the site of a coronavirus outbreak, where he died in April this year at age 94. Picture: Supplied via NCA By FRANCES VINALL
    NCA NEWSWIRE
    3:24PM AUGUST 11, 2020

NSW Health told staff at coronavirus-stricken Newmarch House not to use PPE unless they were around aged care residents who had tested positive or were showing symptoms, the aged care commission has heard.

The stunning revelation came in an email tendered to the Royal Commission into Aged Care on Tuesday, which was sent from the NSW State Emergency Response and Preparedness Branch to Anglicare, which runs Newmarch House.

The email said: “As discussed please make sure the facility know not to use full PPE for anyone but positive and suspected cases. NSW Health is not in a position to provide approve (sic) what we already have.”

Anglicare chief executive officer Grant Millard said the policy was “deeply distressing” because it contradicted expert advice they were receiving from head of infectious diseases at Nepean Hospital James Branley, who was working closely with Newmarch House.

The advice was for all care workers to wear PPE around all residents.

Mr Millard said the lack of PPE likely contributed to their workforce issues, which resulted in them standing down 87 per cent of their regular staff and many members of their surge staff “very early on” because they were close contacts of COVID-positive people.

“The advice of the expert we had (was) that you really need to treat all of your residents as COVID-positive until it’s proven otherwise through multiple rounds of testing over a designated period,” he said.

“That made sense, and I think that was our experience – that many of the residents were still incubating.

“An inadequate supply of PPE upfront meant that many of our staff were either infected or listed as close contacts.”

Mr Millard said Anglicare had found sourcing PPE to be “incredibly challenging,” including when trying to source it from the federal government.

“There was a lack of clarity about PPE access pathways at both state and federal level, no co-ordinated or centralised contact point and challenges in continuity of access and timely delivery,” he said.

“Our staff were being instructed by Dr Branley to utilise full PPE for all Newmarch House residents.

“But we encountered contrary views when we sought access to the national PPE stockpile.”

‘NOT UP TO THE TASK’

After Newmarch House lost the majority of their staff to isolation, the federal government provided them with an agency to use that could supply replacement staff, called Mable.

But Mr Millard said Mable provided “very few people who had any residential aged care experience,” adding that “early on, they just weren’t up to the task.”

He said this improved over a period of weeks – but at the critical early juncture, the replacement staff were working with little skills or training in aged care during an outbreak.

“It was dangerous to them,” he said.

HOSPITAL TRANSFER KEY ISSUE

One of the core subjects of Mr Rozen’s questioning of the Anglicare leadership was the decision for the majority of Newmarch House’s COVID-positive patients to be treated in a ‘Hospital in the Home’ approach within the facility, rather than be transferred to actual hospitals.

The commission heard on Monday that NSW Health had a “preference” for Newmarch House residents not to be transferred to hospitals because it didn’t want to “set a precedent.”

The question of hospital transfer was one of the causes of “robust” discussions with “a frustrating level of dysfunction” and “conflicting advice” between Anglicare and the state and federal governments, Mr Millard said, which were “particularly intense in the first two weeks of the outbreak.”

Mr Millard said in hindsight, he should have stood up to the government and pushed for COVID-positive residents to be transferred to hospital.

“In the event of infection at another home, Anglicare would be far more assertive regarding the most appropriate management of COVID-19 positive residents and would strongly push for these residents to be immediately transferred to hospital,” he said.

“The understanding was” that it would be possible for COVID-positive residents to be transferred to hospital “if it was clinically indicated that they would benefit from being transferred to hospital,” he said, but this is not what eventuated in practice.

He said residents remaining in the facility presented a “monumental challenge” in containing the infection and keeping other residents and staff safe.

“(Not transferring COVID-positive residents to hospital) really had an impact on all the residents, who were still confined to their rooms,” he said.

“I believe that if we would have been able to transfer COVID-positive patients earlier, we would have had an earlier liberalisation of what was really difficult for our residents to go through: being isolated in their rooms with their doors closed.“

Mr Millard said residential aged care facilities were not as equipped to deal with acutely unwell patients, or an outbreak of an infectious disease, as hospitals.

“It’s just not the way an aged care home operates,” he said.

“My understanding is that on average, the funding for an aged care resident per day is something in the order of $250 to $300 … versus someone in a hospital, certainly in acute, would be in the order of at least $1200, $1300 a day. Those numbers are approximate.

“It’s not reasonable to anticipate any of that level of equipment and resourcing will be available in a residential aged care home, as it would be in a hospital.”

Of the 97 residents at Newmarch House, 17 died of the coronavirus.

EARLIER: ‘I RANG EVERY DAY’ AS DAD WAS DYING

A woman has shared heartbreaking testimony of her father dying in Newmarch House, the site of a tragic coronavirus outbreak in Sydney this year.

Virginia Clarke spoke to the Royal Commission into Aged Care on Tuesday about her experience with Newmarch House, under questioning from counsel assisting Paul Bolster.

She said was left in the dark as her father tested positive and then died of COVID-19 in April this year.

She found out he had tested positive to the coronavirus in a confronting phone call from a woman who thought she would have already been informed.

A recent photo of Virginia Clarke’s father and (right) Virginia Clarke’s father in 1941. Picture: Supplied via NCA NewsWire
    “You don’t know?” the woman said to Ms Clarke.

“I’m really sorry to have to tell you, but he’s tested positive for COVID-19.”

“I was in shock – I didn’t know what to say,” she said.

“I asked her some questions – she was in a bit of a shock as well, because she thought I already would have known. And that was it. We didn’t get anymore information from her, or from anyone else.”

Mrs Clarke said staff would not tell her if her father himself had been informed he had tested positive to the coronavirus.

“I don’t know that he knew that he had tested positive to COVID-19,” she said.

“I don’t know if he knew he had COVID-19 or not.

“I didn’t want to upset him by telling him that he had tested positive if he didn’t already know.

“I thought that somebody should have told him, or if they wanted me to tell him I would have wanted somebody with him. Because he would have asked me what was going to happen. Well, I don’t know dad.”

Ms Clarke’s father had been happy in Newmarch House up until March, when everything changed.

The centre went into lockdown around March 23, and she was not able see her father after that.

Virginia Clarke told the Royal Commission into Aged Care of her father’s experience at Newmarch House, the site of a coronavirus outbreak, where he died in April this year at age 94. Picture: Supplied via NCA NewsWire
    Ms Clarke said at the start of the outbreak she “rang every day to find out what was happening.”

“Sometimes I would get a phonecall back, sometimes I didn’t,” she said.

She said “there was no discussion” about him being transferred to hospital.

Mrs Clarke voice cracked as she told the commission how she was asked to fill out an end-of-life form by the centre without being able to speak to her father first.

Newmarch House staff eventually allowed her to speak to her father on the phone while she filled out the form with him.

There was “nothing whatsoever” from staff to indicate to her that her father was likely to die – until he passed away on April 19.

There was one further heartbreak for Mrs Clarke – she was delayed from saying goodbye in a funeral because there was no time of death provided with his body from Newmarch House.

“I tried to contact Newmarch House and could not get an answer to a phonecall, so I had to estimate his time of death so that the crematorium would accept his body,” she said.

Ms Clarke said she was calling for better training, better access to doctors and nurses for aged care residents, and better communication, among the lessons to be learned from her experience in Newmarch House.

“Our elderly need to be protected,” she said.

“It’s not fair what happened to my dad at Newmarch House.”

Newmarch House was the site of an outbreak with 17 deaths from COVID-19 in the first wave of the virus.

MINISTER DEFENDS ACTIONS

Federal Aged Care Minister Richard Colbeck has defended the government’s handling of coronavirus in residential aged care facilities saying it provided a “very comprehensive document” with a range of measures for managing outbreaks in March.

He said the advice was updated in April, and again on July 14.

“I just want to put on the record, we have worked extremely closely with the sector,” Mr Colbeck said.

“We have been meeting on a very regular basis, weekly, sometimes twice-weekly, to ensure they were informed of what we were doing.

“We were learning from their experience, and interacting with them on a regular basis to understand the concerns that they might have, and how we might act on those concerns, and how we might continue to build the plan that we have for COVID-19 in residential aged care.”

20. Carpe Jugulum

There is literally no answer you can give that wont confirm you are a pervert.
    None.

You make it sound like a bad thing

Nick

#3544290, posted on August 11, 2020 at 6:34 pm

I thought it was my shift Leigh? I’m on the phone to blog wrecker HR right now.

Sorry, my mistake.
    I just checked our schedule and see the roster changed last night.
    Check your email for an update on this morning.
    Tag!!

22. Farmer Gez

If you get a chance catch Chris Kenny’s opening monologue today.

It sums up beautifully the Covid disaster in Vic and rest of Australia’s mad pursuit of zero.

Farmer Gez

#3544299, posted on August 11, 2020 at 6:40 pm

If you get a chance catch Chris Kenny’s opening monologue today.

Kenny and Murray have a similar hit rate.
    One good lead-in about every ten shows, intermingled with a lot of backsliding.

24. Carpe Jugulum

Farmer Gez
    #3544299, posted on August 11, 2020 at 6:40 pm

If you get a chance catch Chris Kenny’s opening monologue today.

Done

25. Cassie of Sydney

Kenny and Murray have a similar hit rate.
    One good lead-in about every ten shows, intermingled with a lot of backsliding.”

Agree. Their backsliding and crawling outnumbers the times when they hit the mark…especially Murray.

The Cat can’t even handle me right now.

27. Cassie of Sydney

And Kenny had that perpetual dribbler Greg Sheridan on…..Sheridan is a supine and craven quisling.

28. Carpe Jugulum

Chris Smith from sky news

29. Nick

Leigh. Provocateur Central just sent me a transcript of today’s posts. Oh dear. “I support what he said, I’m not into violence, it will happen one day”. Oh.

I love American blacks. They make me laugh… but I don’t mean the bad stuff. I’d love them even more if 40% go with the orange oaf.. the first real black prez as Artie says.

Can you just imagine how pissed the demonrats would be if this happened?

Where’s the simulation when you need it.

31. rickw

Visit Melbourne!

The world’s largest and most realistic 1984 Theme Park!

Enjoy the thrill of:

– Oppressive and idiotic rules!
    – Daily droning’s by Big Brother Dan!
    – Black clad police demanding your papers!
    – Black clad police grabbing you by the throat and throwing you to the ground!
    – For that extra excitement, hire a car and have its windows smashed by police with little warning!

What the bloody hell are you waiting for? Grab you blue overalls and get to Melbourne!

32. zyconoclast

That’s not happening.
    He will be lucky to get 6-8%

That’s not happening.
    He will be lucky to get 6-8%

Rassie is showing 36% support, which of course isn’t measuring voters. 10% and I’m happy. 🙂

34. NoFixedAddress

zyconoclast
    #3544324, posted on August 11, 2020 at 7:01 pm

and Hillary will win the mail in vote

Nick

#3544313, posted on August 11, 2020 at 6:54 pm

Suddenly very jumpy about repeating the bravado of a few weeks ago.
    I wonder what made some of us so twitchy?

36. Nick

Hahaha sucked in

Australians have called for Channel 10’s current affairs program The Project to be axed, as the network cuts at least 25 jobs in response to the COVID-19 recession.

On Tuesday, The Project and its hosts managed to avoid the swinging axe as the broadcaster announced a dramatic ‘restructuring’ of its news division, with the likes of Kerri-Anne Kennerley, Natarsha Belling and Tim Bailey being made redundant.

But many furious viewers have said that the left-leaning current affairs show, hosted by Waleed Aly and Carrie Bickmore, should have been first on the chopping block.

Dan still fooling most people?

38. Struth

Suddenly very jumpy about repeating the bravado of a few weeks ago.
    I wonder what made some of us so twitchy?

Don’t start your bullshit again, Frank, it’s pathetic.

From the old fred (about the AirAsiaX A330-300 that landed at Avalon this arvo):

Tom, what makes you think it was a freight flight?

Simple, Gab. International passenger flights to Victoria are banned. A number of airlines operate A330-300s as overnight freight-only flights because the belly holds have such a gargantuan capacity (30-40 tonnes without the emcumbrance of passenger luggage).

They make great freighters that can pay their way without passengers on the main deck.

Hope that helps.

40. rickw

41. zyconoclast

and Hillary will win the mail in vote

Probably not.
    The more masculine Mr Obama might get a look in.

42. rickw

Correct, last time I checked we’re basically only doing freighters, there were some outbound pax last week, no idea about this week.

43. Ed Case

The spin on Newmarch House is hard to read: are they saying that the advice was to wear PPE to avoid catching the Beer Bug from the geriatrics and Health Hazzard said don’t bother until the geezers are Bug-Positive?
    Is there a PC imperative to never under any circumstances say anything that might suggest
    Nursing Home staff are likely to be carriers of infectious diseases?

44. vlad

I don’t care what percentage DJT gets of any vote as long as he wins the election.

45. Bear Necessities

That’s not happening.
    He will be lucky to get 6-8%

Trump may get a larger percentage if Black Americans don’t turn up to vote for the Democrats and Joe. When they look around their inner city suburbs and look at the shit the Democrats and their far left white liberals have delivered over the last 3 months it would be a strong incentive not to vote.

By not turning up the Democrats who run their cities may get the idea that law and order might get better looked after.

46. Gab

pete m, I believe you’re the one who needs to understand the difference.
    I pity them because they are pathetic, I certainly do not sympathise with their situation as they themselves created it. Big difference. Huge!

47. Cassie of Sydney

“I wish Wally all the best in his new career selling black market goats door to door in Melbourne’s North!”

I’m sure Wally will also offer a lot of sensitive cultural advice as to the many numerous things you can do with your black market goats.

48. Bear Necessities

49. Struth

Put your money where your mouth is, sunshine.

I’ve backed up all my statements, made clear to you why I agreed with MV’s statement, and you have been at a loss to do anything other than talk shit.
    Once told, you have nothing to say and so claim I said shit I didn’t.

Once I’m gone for a while you start carrying on again.

So I’ll say it again, because it’s not that hard and , well, I enjoy it.
    Because I will never let up on you.

I am, as MV stated, willing to fight in an armed uprising…………………………when it’s necessary, as a last resort and when there is a chance of winning.
    Can’t win anything while the nation is full of Franks and Notafans and COWS we call Karens.
    I have never incited any violence or called for it, so to say I’m backing down from something I never said, well that’s very notafan of you.
    Seems you’ve been trained well.

Victorians should be protesting and pushing back,
    but armed retaliation I HAVE YET to support.
    You know my position, yet you wait until you get your little chums with you and start getting cocky again.

So what is wrong with that position in your books, and do you ever think a time may come when fighting back is required?

So, do you ever see there being a time when armed resistance may be required?

50. miltonf

The French National Assembly has approved a number of amendments to the nation’s bioethics law, one of which would legalize abortion-on-demand up to birth.

This stuff is coordinated internationally.

51. Mother Lode

I don’t normally do this, but an observation from the previous OT – with correcting edits.

AG Barr: Democrats are now the “Rousseauian Revolutionary Party that believes in tearing down the system”

I notice how many of the ‘responses’ use footage of film projectors to imply Barr is accusing Democrats of what the Republicans (and being near Trump means Barr is the quintessential Republican) are doing.

It is pathetically true – the left can’t meme. It is just the same joke being used repeatedly as if it is new. And each time, instead of being a dilution of wit, being an amplification.

I also notice the snide implication that people on the right would not understand the reference to Rousseau.

Likely true.

But much of the understanding of the progressives will be simply echoing what they have were taught before. Very few of them will have read Rousseau’s texts and distilled its essence. They would just have been taught “Rousseau equals this. In modern contexts it equals that. These people therefore are a bad ‘those’.”

Barr put it out there assuming people who did not know but were interested might look it up.

And the people who watched the video and chose to look up the reference will have a deeper understanding of the point being made than the ones who credit themselves with a default intellectual brilliance and nuance because they believe they are already in possession of all subtle knowledge.

52. Struth

Empowering women, I believe.

53. Cassie of Sydney

“Bear Necessities
    #3544361, posted on August 11, 2020 at 7:25 pm
    Lisa Wilkinson is on $2 million a year. Has she offered a few hundred thousand here and there? She does believe in equality?”

Indeed…and this afternoon I posted a comment on the Oz piece on Ten’s retrenchments. Here is the post..

“I hear that a certain Network 10 identity, who was poached a few years ago from Channel Nine and who is married to a man who presides over the Australian Republican Movement (among other things), is on a pretty wicket of a few million dollars. So I am wondering, given that this identity is on the record praising a Marxist movement by the name of BLM, that surely some of her rather large salary could be used to pay the salaries of retrenched staff. After all, isn’t that equality of outcome? “

Rejected.

54. Gab

Three passenger flights about to land in Melbourne from Singapore, Abu Dahbi and Dubai.

55. duncanm

So where did the NZ covid infections come from, if it’s been eliminated?

56. Mother Lode

New fred. Shiny.

I am a housebound re-born obsessive compulsive, and I approve this message.

57. K2

The first rule of Armed Resistance is:
    You do not talk about Armed Resistance.

58. Struth

Mick, from the Gold Coast.
    If I remember correctly, many years ago you told us that you had a bit of experience in politics, Am I correct?

Firing Natarsha Belling is a big mistake, and ditto firing Tim Bailey.
    Two of the nicest and most popular people with the network.

Ten Network cuts: Fans crushed by weatherman Tim Bailey’s axing

60. Nick

Lol Adelaide beating Collingwood at half time

Struth at 7:25.
    RU OK dude?
    You seem upset.

62. Cassie of Sydney

“Two of the nicest and most popular people with the network.”

Both competent and non-political. Ten deserves to go down the gurgler.

63. Armadillo

Kanye.

64. Maj

More on Trump’s 4D chess masterclass!

Trump’s executive orders give Congress new deadline: Goldman Sachs

The orders set an early Sept. deadline for Congress

President Trump’s executive orders that extend COVID-19 relief to a U.S. economy battling back from its sharpest economic slowdown of the post-World War II era could put pressure on Congress to reach a deal, according to Goldman Sachs.

The president’s orders grant unemployed Americans an extra $400 per week in benefits and postpone the payroll tax through the end of the year, in addition to deferring student loan payments and freezing evictions.

In total, they will provide $300 billion to $350 billion of mostly temporary fiscal stimulus through the end of the year, the firm’s economists said.

“There is some risk that these orders reduce the urgency of talks on Capitol Hill regarding broader fiscal legislation, but we also believe they could motivate congressional Democrats to come closer than they have so far to the Republican offer of slightly more than $1 trillion,” wrote Goldman Sachs economists led by Alec Phillips. “We continue to expect a package worth around $1.5 trillion to become a law in August.”

While the Goldman Sachs economists believe the $400-per-week payment will be a temporary fix “at best,” perhaps only lasting one month, they say the payroll tax cut could provide “substantial” benefits if employers implement it and workers spend the extra money.

A deal from Congress will provide further support to a U.S. economy that contracted at an annualized rate of 32.9% in the three months through June and has seen some uncertainty surrounding the pace of its recovery after a resurgence in new COVID-19 infections in June and July.

Negotiators will continue to work through Congress’ summer recess to bridge the gap between Democrats and Republicans. House Democrats, led by Speaker Nancy Pelosi of California, passed a $3 trillion relief bill in May while Senate Republicans, led by Majority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, last month unveiled a $1 trillion aid package. Democratic leaders said last week they would be willing to reduce their cost to $2 trillion.

Trump’s executive orders give congressional leaders some new deadlines to meet in September, according to Goldman. The payroll tax cut is scheduled to start at the beginning of September while funding for the additional $400-per-week payment could run out early in the month.

“If these policies are indeed implemented, this suggests that they might force Congress to act by then to avoid further disruptions,” the economists wrote.

65. vlad

Lol Adelaide beating Collingwood at half time

Don’t laugh too hard just yet. Collingwood has “won” Grand Finals at half time.

You need to win at full time. Then laugh!

66. Maj

Kanye.

Isn’t Kanye on the ballot in Michigan (a state Sleepy Joe MUST WIN)?

67. Wilkinson praising BLM and so forth is like Peter Singer’s “famine relief argument”.

It’s absurd.

He isn’t Crassus but his net wealth is $2mn. By his own argument, he ought to donate msot of it to starving Africans oppressed by Marxists!

68. Struth

Struth at 7:25.
    RU OK dude?
    You seem upset.

Nope.
    Just not playing your game, as you can tell.
    I’m not ignoring you, I’m not backing down and I’m not trying for smart arse witty banter.
    I’m just bashing you over the head with truth, just plain old truth,….. it’s all I need.
    If you want to be the class clown and a smart arse, you also need to realise when you’re full of shit, or have the truth on your side.
    Then pick your fights.
    There’s just too much emotion in you Frank, it blurs your thinking, and it’s taking you down.
    I’ve got your number, I know your weakness and it shits you to tears.

What we need now is … a codger convoy!!

70. mh

I’ve got your number, I know your weakness and it shits you to tears.

71. Struth

What we need now is … a codger convoy!!

Don’t give up your day job.

72. Nick

I don’t have Leigh’s number. How come you’re his favorite?

73. mh

JC, I’m ignoring you now.

You might be a fetishist.

74. Eyrie

Mother Lode,

Thanks for that. I need to watch the series and movie again.

Fair enough mh.

But do one thing. let us know this week when it’s “rump” time this week.

76. vlad

New Zealand is going back into lockdown because of four new cases.

So we’ll be going out of lockdown, into lockdown, out of lockdown, into lockdown, out of lockdown, into lockdown … till the Yarra freezes over.

77. a happy little debunker

Unknown community transmission in NZ
    4 infected – how many contacts?, yet to be determined

When your only strategy is elimination – you are bound to fail.

78. Struth

I don’t have Leigh’s number. How come you’re his favorite?

And in comes Ralph Malph who still hasn’t worked out his gang leader isn’t Fonzie, but just Potsy in a leather jacket.

79. Infidel Tiger King

Hahaha!

China Flu in NZ.

So much for eliminating it. You can’t beat the virus.

80. mh

JC, possibly Thursday lunchtime.

Then day off Friday – Show Day.

81. notafan

Exactly vlad.

If at first you don’t succeed

82. Infidel Tiger King

That mad horse faced lunatic is locking down Auckland again.

NZ’s economy is cactus already.

New Zealand is going back into lockdown because of four new cases.

As I keep saying. You can’t stop a virus. Horse-teeth may end up losing her halo.

84. Mitch M.

This is great because it addresses an issue I have been puzzling with since forever. This study highlights how brain stability follows a mathematical model which raises another set of fascinating questions. It is not just about a varying outer world, the internal milieu is undergoing constant change throughout the day with varying levels of hormones, energy substrates, and neurotransmitters. The next step will be to show how all those variables contribute to this mathematical model.

Math shows how brain stays stable amid internal noise and a widely varying world

85. Struth

So Frank, stop avoiding the question.

Do you see that there may be a time when an armed uprising is required?

86. Ed Case

Let’s say some scientist comes up with a theory that BeerBug is transmitted through eating Beef.
    Would that mean the Beef herd would have to be culled just to be on the safe side?

87. Infidel Tiger King

The modern human is such an anti science, anti reason, logic defying idiot.

88. notafan

What will the social media sages say now.

What will Dan do?

If jacinda can’t do it

Can Dan can?

Stay tuned for the next episode of lockdown lotto

89. Zyconoclast

A UNSW medical student who “practised” a genital examination on a neurology patient with memory loss issues has been acquitted of sexual and indecent assault in the District Court.

Zhanyi Png, 28, was on a placement in the intensive care unit at St Vincent’s Hospital in April 2019 when a woman was admitted with suspected viral encephalitis.

Mr Png later visited the woman in a neurology ward where it was alleged he carried out unnecessary vaginal and anal examinations to which she did not consent, without using gloves.

But the testimony of the complainant was brought into question during the trial, as the woman was suffering short-term memory loss due to her illness.

90. Infidel Tiger King

What’s your beef with beef, Ed?

Nick

#3544412, posted on August 11, 2020 at 7:56 pm

I don’t have Leigh’s number. How come you’re his favorite?

I have been assigned as his Coming Out Counsellor by the Rainbow Coalition.
    He calls me in tears most nights.

The modern human is such an anti science, anti reason, logic defying idiot.

Yea true. I can’t count the number of times Cronkite has let the side down.

Headcase, no. Stop being an idiot please.

The modern human is such an anti science, anti reason, logic defying idiot.

Just like the good old days!

95. Armadillo

You can’t beat the virus.

They don’t want you to beat the virus. Why the hell would they?

Pretty much every action taken to date indicates that they love the virus.

It’s pretty much like climate change, except with instant results of “death and destruction”.

Ah, Struth that was my question.
    I am not the one strutting around talking about my family having firearms and committing to “standing (or falling) for what we believe in”.
    And Faulty roped you into his “violence and armed resistance” declaration.
    I merely ask, was he accurately talking on your behalf, or was he shooting his mouth off without checking with you first?
    It also seems that we have gone from the heroic last stand – we will stand (or fall) – to a defeatist, “Well, Frank and nota and the COWS don’t support us so resistance is futile.”

97. Geriatric Mayfly

Unknown community transmission in NZ
    4 infected – how many contacts?, yet to be determined

Could be that piece of shit we sent back last week.

Clive Palmer sues WA Government for almost $30 billion over his Pilbara iron ore interests

Peter Law
    The West Australian
    Tue, 11 August 2020 5:31PM
    Comments
    Peter Law

Clive Palmer is suing the Western Australian Government for almost $30 billion, Attorney General John Quigley has revealed in Parliament.

Mr Quigley said the claims related to the Queensland billionaire’s iron ore interests in the Pilbara and his Mineralogy company.

The A-G introduced emergency legislation to deal with the damages claims and to “prevent potentially dire consequences for the State”.

He said Mr Palmer has made two claims for damages that total almost $30 billion, which is nearly equivalent to the State Government’s total annual Budget.

Put another way, if the claim was shared equally among all Western Australians, it would cost every man, woman and child more than $12,000.

The damages claim relate to proposals submitted in August 2012 and June 2013 for the Balmoral South Iron Ore Project.

The August 2012 proposal was at first rejected and then later significantly conditioned by former premier Colin Barnett.

Those decisions led Mr Palmer, Mineralogy and International Minerals to now claim billions of dollars in damages in an arbitration against the State.

Mr Quigley said while the McGowan Government was not critical of those decision, it has inherited the consequences of them.

In relation to the first damages claim — which arises from Mr Barnett’s 2012 rejection of the proposal — Mr Palmer and the companies seek damages of $10.72 billion.

A further damages claim of $11.37 billion has been lodged for the loss associated with being unable to sell any project required under the State Agreement.

Another $37.1 million is being sought for the “wasted expenditure” they says was incurred, plus lost royalties totalling $326 million and interest from October 2012 valued at $5.21 billion.

The first damages claim totals $27.66 billion, while the level of the second claim — arising from Mr Barnett’s imposition in July 2014 of 46 conditions — has yet to be quantified by Mr Palmer, Mineralogy and International Minerals.

“In summary therefore, the claims which are being made against the State for breaches of the State Agreement by the then Minister amount to nearly $30 billion – an amount which does not include any amount for the second damages claim,” Mr Quigley said.

“To put that in context, the total net debt of the State of Western Australia is in the order of $35-$40 billion, and the budget of the State of Western Australia is approximately $30 billion.

Breaking.

99. sfw

What happened to Motelier?

100. rickw

New Zealand is going back into lockdown because of four new cases.

Ha ha! Will have knocked the toothy grin off someone’s face!

Can we all now just forget about this lockdown shit?

Dear Pollies,

Please just admit you fucked up big time.

You shoved your head up your CMO’s arse thinking they had some sort of plan with a viable end game.

Billions of dollars in, lives destroyed and now you’re realising that your CMO is just a glorified GP and they don’t have ANY viable end game, and hence neither do you…..

101. duncanm

notafan
    #3544431, posted on August 11, 2020 at 8:05 pm
    BBC congratulating nz a couple of weeks ago

ABC congratulating them yesterday.

More likely from eating, um, pork.

103. Mick Gold Coast QLD

From Nick at 6:54 pm:

“Leigh. Provocateur Central just sent me a transcript of today’s posts.”

Psssst – you two, over here … ssshhh! Good job well done, you’ve opened with some entertaining deliveries on what can be a dead track after dark.

I’ll enjoy it from behind the sight screen, don’t let on that I’m here ‘cos they’ve taken to calling me horrid names, ‘n old and stuff, for failing to agree with the only true truths of life.

104. Mitch M.

Ed Case
    #3544432, posted on August 11, 2020 at 8:06 pm

Variant CJD re BSE

105. rickw

Not that I’m a fan of Clive but there should be a lot more of this. Government needs to be held accountable, threats to their cash supply appear to get their attention.

Counting this evening’s futures level. The Dow is now down 5.25% from the January highs. Covid? Riots? Looting? Homicide rates? Who gives a shit. Stocks are the honey badgers of financial markets.

107. Zyconoclast

Canadian Brewery apologises for naming its beer after the Maori word for ‘pubic hair’

Nikora called out the brewing company on a Facebook video pointing out the common usage of the word ‘huruhuru’ in Maori tongue meant pubic hair. The brewery, which is headquartered in Medicine Hat, had started marketing Huruhuru craft ale while promoting that the beverage is supposedly brewed with hops from New Zealand. They said they chose the brand name fully understanding that it meant “feather” or “fur.”

108. NoFixedAddress

Leisuresuit Larry

Catallaxy’s very own Rainbow Warrior.

I have been assigned … by the Rainbow Coalition.

No biggie. This is today’s Clive law suit. There will be another tomorrow.

A couple of batters made noises before play about playing attacking criggit, but they are now remarkably reluctant to play a shot.
    I mean, they must be aware that the Constitution guarantees the right to arm bears.

Faulty is today’s absent friend.
    I do hope there hasn’t been an accident in the shed with one of The Big Websites (plural x 7).

112. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Two things on the old fred still worth discussibg:
    Vic pol necking with violence a young woman for not wearing a mask. And Turkey’s mullahs giving the ok to wed nine year old girls.

Dinner time here now. See ya.

Faulty is today’s absent friend.

… or is he?

114. Armadillo

Humphrey B doesn’t even wear pants. Why the hell would you give the fucker a gun?

There’s a brand of gin, which translates as the Greek word for “self abuser.”

116. Armadillo

Ranger Smith is in serious trouble trouble if Yogi and Boo Boo are alerted to their Consitutional Rights.

117. Ed Case

You may not be so flippant when Agent 00Fault becomes a Commissar and you’re laboring in the Caboolture Strawberry Mines under his direct supervision.

118. custard

If Donald Trump loses this election (which is extremely unlikely) can he nominate again because he didn’t reach term limits?

119. mh

PHOTOS: THAI STUDENTS ENCASED IN PLEXIGLASS AS SCHOOLS REOPEN FOLLOWING COVID LOCKDOWN

Schools impose Orwellian COVID restrictions on elementary school students

120. Ed Case

Why not?
    Trump will only be 78 in 2024, a mere spring chicken in American Political terms, his present disastrous Term not withstanding.
    Harold Stassen first ran for President in 1940, and he was still nominating in his nineties.
    Heavyweight Lou Nova also nominated quite a few times.

121. mh

Carmen Best, the Seattle police chief, emailed her resignation notice to police officers in the department late Monday hours after the City Council made good on its promise to approve sweeping proposals that would cut about 100 officers and slash the department’s budget.

Best’s email, which was obtained by Jason Rantz, a radio host in the city, said that her retirement will be effective Sept. 2.

122. Cassie of Sydney

“his present disastrous Term not withstanding.”

Your opinion Grigory.

123. Hodor

Twenty minute hiatus??

Some nice insults again, thank you.

Armadillo

#3544479, posted on August 11, 2020 at 8:41 pm

I don’t think youse are taking the Cardigan Revolution seriously.

125. notafan

And someone has forgotten that safari suits in regulation powder blue are the official summer uniform.

126. Bar Beach Swimmer

Cassie of Sydney
    #3544309, posted on August 11, 2020 at 6:51 pm

Cassie, too right! I watched that interview. What a weak gutted response from Sheridan. Keep everything shut, he said. We can’t be too sure, he said. Maybe international air travel will need to be done differently for evah, he argued. Time to retire, me thinks.

It’s ok for all these politico-media-public servant types; nothing lost here except the travel curtailment.

custard
    #3544481, posted on August 11, 2020 at 8:42 pm

Grover Cleveland
    The first Democrat elected after the Civil War in 1885, our 22nd and 24th President Grover Cleveland was the only President to leave the White House and return for a second term four years later (1885-1889 and 1893-1897).

128. rickw

Something simple and important that all Victorians are currently deprived of. Spending time with family for what might be the last time:

New Zealand is going back into lockdown because of four new cases.

Foot and mouth?

130. johanna

Oh noes! Unzud has lost its virginity – again!

New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has confirmed four new cases of coronavirus, the country’s first in 102 days.
    Key points:

The four cases are all from the same family
    Officials are investigating the source of the infection
    Stage three restrictions will be imposed in Auckland for three days from tomorrow, while the rest of the country will move to stage two restrictions

The infected people are from the same family in south Auckland.

The source of their infection is unknown.

Ms Ardern said Auckland would now move to level three restrictions for three days as a “precautionary approach”, while level two restrictions would be imposed in the rest of the country.

“While we have worked hard to avoid this scenario, we have also prepared for it,” she said at an emergency press conference.

She said increased caution was required because the origin of the virus was unknown.

“We have had a 102 days [without a new case] and it was easy to feel New Zealand was out of the woods,” she said.

“No country has gone as far as we did without having a resurgence.

“And because we were the only ones, we had to plan. And we have planned.”

The first of the new cases, a person in their 50s, was swabbed yesterday after presenting to their GP.

The test was processed twice and returned two positive results.
    For the latest news on the COVID-19 pandemic read our coronavirus updates story

The person has no history of overseas travel.

Health officials interviewed the first positive case, and all six of their family members in the same household were tested.

Purity is very hard to achieve in the real world.

131. Nick

You lot won’t be laughing when Faulty begins his reign of terror on October 6th, when we will all be turned into newts or something.

132. Bar Beach Swimmer

Is it being exported there or is it a just a reason to whinge?

133. notafan

Looking forward to that very much Nick.

Already in the diary.

Remember remember the 6th of October

134. Struth

Ah, Struth that was my question.

Neither am I.

And Faulty roped you into his “violence and armed resistance” declaration.

And I looked at and agreed with it.
    Look at the wording.
    No one was calling for armed resistance.
    It is true he assumed on my behalf, but what I saw I agreed with.

I think there may be a time where we have to do it, but that’s a big difference from “Calling for it”
    And if we have to (and can win), well, we may have to.

So I’ve answered it, now you answer me.
    Do you think there may be a time we have to fight and would you step up?

Where did you read that?
    No one was talking about a heroic last stand.
    The only way you may possibly have got that into your head would be the fact that I made the point that if they consolidate this power grab, all of us on this blog will be targets, so you may as well fight.
    Because we’ll be dragged away faster than a Honk Kong newspaper man.
    So you have nothing to lose.
    By that I mean write letters etc.
    Protest.
    I don’t mean paint one half of your face blue and put on your best Scottish accent and slash away like a madman.
    Calm down.

This is the type of obfuscating I’m going to keep calling out.
    And the more you do it the more I’ll keep at you.

I said HALF THE COUNTRY are Franks and Notafans and COVID COW Karens, so resistance is futile.

At the moment it’s a propaganda war.
    As people realise the enormity of this, does any government look like it’s going to concede anything?
    They’ve grabbed power by force and and they are not listening.

The UN is winning.

So, if an armed and violent uprising is our last resort , no other option, would you agree we should do it, Frank?

135. Bar Beach Swimmer

Missed so much here over the last few weeks – are you Victorians doing anything about your man, Dan?

Nick, watched the Blues – disappointing loss.

136. vlad

I wouldn’t wish this pandemic on my worst enemy, but it’s a relief to see authoritarianism failing even to get results. You tear up freedom for nothing, in short – which is all you deserve for tearing it up.

Custard.
    The two term thing for President was more of a tradition in the early years.
    It was enshrined in the Constitution in the 1940’s.
    Two term limit …
    They don’t have to be sequential.
    A VP who takes over (eg Johnson) is deemed to serve one term if they serve more than two years of the term they took over.
    Here’s a quirk (albeit unlikely) :-
    There is no limit on the number of times a VP can assume Presidential office where the Pres dies or steps down.

138. Nick

Remember remember the 6th of October

Gunpowder, treason and twats.

139. rickw

Vic pol necking with violence a young woman for not wearing a mask.

Just disgusting. She needs to go to a Doctor and get a medical report on the inevitable bruises. She then needs to file a complaint.

That cop needs to be fired and his jackass mates reprimanded. As soon as she said to the new cop on the scene that she was grabbed around the throat, there should have been a gear shift. Was her claim true, go from there…

140. Nick

No one was calling for armed resistance.

“Both Struth and I accept that it may very well come to that, Struth even more so than me. And we are both prepared to go whatever lengths necessary, including violence and armed resistance. “

141. Nick

Nick, watched the Blues – disappointing loss.

Agree. They tried though

70% of victoristanians agree with the hunchback’s lockdowns. Paul Murray says it’s Stockholm syndrome. Maybe. I think most punters are like joe stalin’s chicken, plucked bare, booted up the arse and still willing to follow joe to chopping block because joe throws a bit of seed its way. That’s why I worry about Trump getting re-elected.

143. vlad

The 12th amendment says “But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States.”

So it’s strongly arguable – although the jury is still out on this, as it has never been tested, but I’d say that’s where the smart money is – that having served two terms as President you are then disqualified from serving as VP. Both the black-letter reading and the legislative intent would favour that view, so I’d say put down your glasses.

144. notafan

If you can’t give us war, we’ll take

145. Ed Case

They had an Indian Vice President-Charles Curtis, VP to Hoover.
    He didn’t do any good for the Indians though.
    While in Congress, he piloted a Bill that removed the Native Courts from authority in the Indian Territories of Kansas and Oklahoma.

Where did you read that?

Um.
    Here.
    What part of “armed resistance” and “stand, and, if nnecessary fall” is not Faulty projecting himself as some sort of latter day Ned Kelly?

MemoryFault

#3515981, posted on July 17, 2020 at 10:03 am

Why don’t WE, organise, and do the same?

Good morning Gilas.
    I take your point, but you re late to the party.

Both Struth and I accept that it may very well come to that, Struth even more so than me. And we are both prepared to go whatever lengths necessary, including violence and armed resistance. I can’t speak for Struth, but I already have a close knit group prepared with me, to stand, and if necessary, fall, defending what we believe in.

But you don’t start at the top and work your way down.
    You start at the bottom and work your way up.

Unless by “fall” he means his hip replacement giving way during Bingo at the Bowlie.

147. Squirrel

Can’t wait to see how the elimination maniacs spin the bad news from Jacinda-land – this will be fun.

148. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

One other thing from the old fred where no kind soul bothered to signpost to this one and a number of people have been posting for hours.

Peter Ridd has NOT yet achieved his total aim for funding his High Court Appeal as as claimed on the Cat very recently. Saying he had was INCORRECT due to a mistaken look at his previous Go Fund Me appeal. He is still circa $150k short for his High Court Appeal. Spread the word.

149. Struth

No one was calling for armed resistance.

Can you read, Ralph?
    Type it all out slowly.
    You’ve just made a dick of yourself.
    Next time email Frank (Potsy) before you entertain thoughts of taking the initiative.

Keep you goons under control Frank, they’re embarrassing you.

Yeah, Vlad, I think it is just a discussion point for First Year law students.
    Never going to be a real-life scenario.

Could you imagine Obumbi running as VP to anyone?

151. Ed Case

Curtis was succeeded in Office by Cactus Jack Garner, who said:

”The Vice Presidency ain’t worth a pitcher of warm piss.”

JFK visited Jack at his ranch in Uvalde on the morning of his 95th birthday, November 22, 1963.

152. Bar Beach Swimmer

Leigh Lowe
    #3544518, posted on August 11, 2020 at 9:16 pm

Leigh, and here I was thinking I’d missed stuff but I remember that comment so I’m still in the loop.

153. Struth

Um.
    Here.

Projecting oneself as a modern day Ned Kelly is still not calling anyone to arms.

FMD.
    No wonder you guys won’t attempt the constitution.

Now I can see it’s a group thing here, Ralph may have consulted you first.

I can’t see anyone calling anyone to anything or inciting anyone, can you?

154. Steve trickler

johanna.

Check this out.

155. Pedro the Loafer

Clive Palmer is suing the WA government for $30Billion (with a ‘B’) as a seperate issue from his “open the WA border” lawfare.

Judging by this evening’s pub chatter, Clive better hope he is never allowed back in WA.

Popular characters are not usually described with along string of swearwords in front of their name.

Trapped.
    So desperately wanting to pull his front bar bravado shtick of “armed resistance”, but suddenly a tiny bit afraid of consequences which might flow.
    I mean this is pretty dire isn’t it?
    The UN are about to storm the barricades.
    Surely now is the time?
    Who dares wins, eh?
    Put the beret on and hop to it.
    All us lily-livdered, tofu-sucking, latte sipping, namby pamby, poofta COWS are counting on your machismo.
    Pleeease don’t let us down.
    At least cut ‘n paste another letter.

157. pbw

Re Chris Kenny and his Dr Wilson from the Yale School of Medicine:
    This bloke Wilson is talking about 60-70% for herd immunity. So how come there was nothing like that percentage infected on the Diamond Princess? Only 20%. There is a lot of speculation in the UK that HIT (threshold) is actually around 20% because so many have a degree of immunity from exposure to other coronaviruses. Something similar seems to be indicated in Sweden.

Doesn’t Chris Kenny know how to use Google?

158. Struth

Off you go again.
    Answer my question , numb nuts.

159. mh

”The Vice Presidency ain’t worth a pitcher of warm piss.”

Willie Brown has recently said similar to Kamala.

160. pete m

pity

noun
    the feeling of sorrow and compassion caused by the sufferings and misfortunes of others.
    “her voice was full of pity”
    Similar:
    emotion
    ruth
    rue
    Opposite:
    indifference
    cruelty
    a cause for regret or disappointment.
    “it’s a pity you didn’t contact us first”
    Similar:
    shame
    crying shame
    source of regret
    sad thing
    unfortunate thing
    bad luck
    misfortune
    crime
    bummer
    sin
    verb
    feel sorrow for the misfortunes of.
    “I could see from their faces that they pitied me”

I said I don’t feel sorry for them (i.e. sorrow) like you, as per the normal meaning of “pity”. Enough.

I think violence is only a last resort to be used in the fullness of time, and not to be taken lightly, and with due consideration and consultation with stakeholders, having first exhausted all the cut ‘n paste letter writing options, and having voted the sitting member last several times and also promulgated our cause widely on some Big Websites.
    At least seven.

Unless the violence proposed against COWS.
    They should be given a SLAP at EVERY opportunity.

163. Dr Faustus

‘PENIS’ POOCH Prince Harry and Meghan Markle mocked as their dog Pula’s name is Romanian slang for ‘penis’

No apology.

164. zyconoclast

No loose ends…

‘I killed them both:’ Carlisle man admitted to fatally shooting the 2 mothers of his children, police claim

Davone Unique Anderson, 25, admitted he shot and killed Sydney Parmelee, 23, at a home in the 100 block of East Louther Street on July 5 because he believed she was cheating on him, Detectives Christopher Miller and Antanine Klinger said in arrest documents.

The detectives said Anderson told them he shot and killed Kaylee Lyons, 23, who was six weeks pregnant, at the same home on July 30 because he feared she was going to tell police he had killed Parmelee.

165. Squirrel

Shame about Ten missing the chance to axe the Project.

There was a time (some years ago) when the news coverage on that network was probably the best guide to what the punterariat was thinking – particularly during federal elections. Now it’s just progressive/left crap, with a big-dollop of Trump-bashing – all for the benefit of people who care more about what’s on special at Aldi/Colesworths this week.

166. Struth

Trapped.

I’ve been 100% on message throughout and have not back tracked anywhere.

And you can’t show me where I have, and therefore it’s eating you up because it’s a classic case of what happens when you assume.
    You don’t like my sort of bloke and think you’re above most people, and I keep showing you to be the moron you are.
    You let your prejudices sway your responses, not facts presented.

I mean this is pretty dire isn’t it?
    The UN are about to storm the barricades.
    Surely now is the time?
    Who dares wins, eh?
    Put the beret on and hop to it.

As I said, all along, never a time I said anything else, now is not the time, because of the millions of Australian sneering gutless hysterical class of which so aptly describe below.

Pleeease don’t let us down.
    At least cut ‘n paste another letter.

I don’t cut and paste them here for you.

Now I ask you again Frank, it’s easy to answer, if there comes no other alternative, do you agree with an armed uprising and would you be part of it?

Is it time for another Big Convoy?

168. Mitch M.

pbw
    #3544532, posted on August 11, 2020 at 9:26 pm
    Re Chris Kenny and his Dr Wilson from the Yale School of Medicine:

Doesn’t Chris Kenny know how to use Google?

They base herd immunity on the presence of antibodies. With most pathogen infections a short time after the infection antibodies very much fall away. The only real test is to identify memory B cells that can produce antibodies on demand and the only way to do that is to reinfect the person. So I can’t see how herd immunity can ever be accurately measured. The concept is dodgy anyway because obviously it hasn’t worked with a host of pathogens in human history.

To go with the Big Websites?

170. Struth

Is the government using violence and the threat of it against us, already?

Has Faulty told you where the AKs are buried?

Could be critical.
    He has been sounding a bit, well, Joe Biden-ish of late.

This bloke Wilson is talking about 60-70% for herd immunity.

Herd immunity is rubbish anyway.
    It’s clear the crud virus circulates in symptomless people until it finds someone susceptible.
    So everyone who is susceptible is going to get it.
    That’s what I’m seeing.
    The only outs are a decent vaccine and/or ameliorative treatments like HCQ+ and the others.
    But it’s as I said this morning, “herd immunity” is a talisman like “masks” and “social distancing” and other cargo cult fetishes. The pollies just keep on bringing out new amulets because they can’t accept reality.

173. Struth

I think we have an answer.

Struth

#3544552, posted on August 11, 2020 at 9:40 pm

Is the government using violence and the threat of it against us, already?

Are you talking about George Floyd?

175. Mick Gold Coast QLD

From mh at 9:29 pm:

”The Vice Presidency ain’t worth a pitcher of warm piss.”

Willie Brown has recently said similar to Kamala.”

Gees Kamala went off the boil as VP, eh? I reckon the supposed connection between her and lying Bubba Smollett’s brother, lying Jussie Wallace, who was not belted in the dark by white fella Trump supporters, might have had a part to play there.

Her lousy record as San Francisco attorney and her years on her knees cleaning Willie Brown’s pipe were going to pull her down eventually.

Whatever came to pass, if I was considering a form of resistance, I doubt I would be throwing my lot in with a geriatric wannabe lothario and a verbose accordion player.
    And I certainly wouldn’t be gobbing off about it on a public blog.

177. Top Ender

Got my comment into the Oz on the Channel 10 story:

Might be fairer for some of the higher paid “stars” like Lisa Wilkinson to take a pay cut.

A lot nicer than what I’d really like to have said.

178. NoFixedAddress

6pm November 26, 2022 is the time and the date to remember.

That is when Premier Dan commences his next glorious 4 year reign commencing in The Year of The Black Tiger.

Premier Dan was born in the Year of The Rat and 2020 is The Year of The Rat again so the signs are very auspicious for his glorious future.

Gees Kamala went off the boil as VP, eh?

Obama and Jarrett want Rice since she’s a part of their team. Unfortunately Rice has never held elected office anywhere. And has baggage from Benghazi etc. So the only way she can get up is if Kamala falls over and Rice does a Steven Bradbury.

Pretty certain someone in the firm has had a word with big Willy.

180. rickw

Are you talking about George Floyd?

Will be amusing when one of the vicpol jackass’s uses a baton on your car window without any real reason.

181. Struth

And I certainly wouldn’t be gobbing off about it on a public blog.

Who said we would want you, and who said I’d team up with MV?

That wasn’t the question.
    Now I know you are scared, so I’ll put it to you this way.

If there was no other way around it, would you support others going out to fight for your freedom or would you just accept tyrannical rule?

182. thefrollickingmole

What old and wrinkly and hangs out of a brown bag?

Willy Brown…
    ( I knew I’d be able to retool the old Lang Hancock joke one day)

183. mh

Pretty certain someone in the firm has had a word with big Willy.

I think so.

“Harris is a tested and proven campaigner who will work her backside off to get Biden elected,” Brown, 86, wrote. “That said, the vice presidency is not the job she should go for — asking to be considered as attorney general in a Biden administration would be more like it.”

184. MatrixTransform

I got a neurology appointment on thursday.
    rang them to check it’s all on track.
    nice girl (canadian?) asks me if I want a letter
    you know, proof
    I says yeah prolly easiest so that the stasi don’t have a reason …

she laughed …. so true, she said

Your very little world is totally binary isn’t it?
    Do you feel a little constrained and constricted by that?
    I feel the anger and frustration coming through.
    Try to remain calm.

186. rickw

You know you are in the shit when you find yourself burning and shredding documents!

187. Mick Gold Coast QLD

From Leigh Lowe at 9:46 pm:

“Whatever came to pass, if I was considering a form of resistance … I certainly wouldn’t be gobbing off about it on a public blog.”

I am ever so disappointed. Is that all it turned out to be?

After all these weeks and months – the righteous anger here, strident calls to arms, soaring rhetoric, volunteers forming up in the main street of Innamincka before sobbing but proud wiveses and marching off down the Strzelecki Track to civil war. I was so looking forward to a commission and pushing toy ships around with me prod on the big table model of Port Phillip Bay in the War Room.

188. johanna

The Vice Presidency is worth a lot if the President drops off the twig.

Steve T, I thank you for your recommendations, but asking me to spend an hour of my rapidly waning time on the planet on something with no context or explanation ain’t gonna cut it. There are thousands of hours of electronic music out there, and I’m not available to listen to all of them.

Those I have listened to are mostly self-indulgent noodling.

The greats, like Kraftwerk, T. Dream and the Floyd, took it to another level. There was content, discipline and purpose.

Great music takes many forms. This one is for JC. Monroe was three quarters cut, and sliding fast, but in Las Vegas he still drew a crowd:

By “fight for freedom”, do you mean going down to the cenotaph on Anzac Day to bask in some reflected (but unearned) glory, whilst very bravely giving a discreet middle finger to a cop car 500 metres away?

190. Dr Faustus

Palmer’s $30 bn claim against the WA Government appears to hang off a 2014 Barnett fuck up.

Premier Colin Barnett has said the company’s development proposal for Balmoral South had been rejected because it was “manifestly inadequate”.

However an arbitration decision, made by former High Court judge Michael McHugh in Perth in May, found Mr Barnett, in his role as Minister for State Development, failed to rule on Mr Palmer’s Balmoral South proposal within two months as required by the businessman’s State Agreement.

Mr McHugh ordered the State Government pay the arbitration costs and found “the failure of the minister to give a decision within that time means he is liable in damages for any damage that the applicant may have suffered as a result”.

Palmer loves this procedural stuff.
    But proving an actual $30bn loss will be a panic.

191. Struth

Your very little world is totally binary isn’t it?
    Do you feel a little constrained and constricted by that?
    I feel the anger and frustration coming through.
    Try to remain calm.

My world is very black and white.
    A belief in what is right and wrong, a solid set of principles and yours can be too.
    It’s true happiness.
    It’s true sanity.

192. NoFixedAddress

Bruce of Newcastle
    #3544558, posted on August 11, 2020 at 9:42 pm

This bloke Wilson is talking about 60-70% for herd immunity.

Herd immunity is rubbish anyway.
    So everyone who is susceptible is going to get it.

That’s what I’m seeing.

Absa-bloody=lutely BoN

193. rickw

I says yeah prolly easiest so that the stasi don’t have a reason …

Amazing how smooth things go with the stasi when you have paper. It can even be a hand scrawled note to self, but if it’s paper, it works!

Who said we would want you, and who said I’d team up with MV?

I am crushed.
    Wannabe in my gang, my gang, my gang.
    You’d have to really hate the Romans.
    Bwah, ha, ha, ha.

195. Knuckle Dragger

Earlier:

‘ if there comes no other alternative, do you agree with an armed uprising and would you be part of it?’

I’m sure I read a ‘when there is a chance of winning’ folded in there as well somewhere before, not so long back.

Hang on while I work out the compatibility of ‘no other alternative’ and ‘when there is a chance of winning’.

As for the others Lance Bottoms (hehe) has screwed up in Atlanta, Stacey Abrams is ridiculous and Karen Bass has had her dirty linen aired out in public this last week. I can’t recall all the others, except Tammy Duckworth who is Thai not black, which rules her out. Rice is looking very much like an engineered Bradbury.

It’s true happiness.
    It’s true sanity.

With NO COWS!!!!

198. zyconoclast

She wants her child to get a PhD so badly she will use another woman’s DNA to do it..

Inheriting the Ivy League: The Market for Educated Egg and Sperm Donors

Shannon R. T. Copeland was up late. Her eyes were fixed on the baby photo that had appeared on her computer screen, and she found that she had goosebumps on her arms — chills induced by the anxiety of making a life-changing decision, and the relief of discovering exactly what to do.

She ran up the stairs. Her husband was watching TV. “I found her,” she said. “I found the one.”

The intending mother had finally found, on the website of the agency MyEggBank, the egg donor who would serve as her child’s biological mother.

“I’ll never, ever, ever forget that night,” Copeland says. “I’ll never forget it. It makes me teary. It was like winning the lotto.”

Copeland had been looking for a donor with a Greek background like her own, but ethnicity wasn’t her only criterion. “If it wasn’t my egg and my gene, I wanted to make sure that the genetic mother had a strong intellectual background,” said Copeland, who, at 41, is pursuing a doctorate in nursing. She was the first woman on both sides of her family to pursue a bachelor’s and a master’s degree, let alone a Ph.D.

Copeland, who lives in Vancouver, has two older boys from a first marriage, but she says it doesn’t look like they will follow an academic path — both struggle with different learning challenges, like Copeland’s maternal grandmother did. She says her current husband’s mother also had cognitive development issues. Thus when Copeland and her husband decided they wanted to have children and realized they would need to turn to egg donation to conceive, Copeland seized upon an opportunity she thought could give her future child a different genetic start: seeking a donor with demonstrated intellect.

“I mean, it sounds silly, but it was really important to me,” she says. “It was a genetic consideration.”

The donor Copeland ultimately chose, an American, graduated from college cum laude with a degree in neuroscience and wrote in her donor profile that she hopes to earn her doctorate in the field and pursue a research career. She had a 3.75 GPA and high test scores, a fact Copeland found herself “quite hung up on.” Even her maternal grandmother had a bachelor’s degree, something Copeland found unimaginable.

While Copeland acknowledges that intellectual fates are not inscribed in embryonic DNA, she does believe genes matter as much as environment. She’s captured photos of her daughter, now over a year old, lying in piles of her academic papers. “Even at 15 months old I see a difference with my little girl,” Copeland says. “Epigenetics and genetics — both very important.”

The names of anonymous donors’ universities are rarely available to parents. But had Copeland been able to access that information, she might have found it meaningful. “If it had been Harvard I’d be like, ‘Oh my gosh, holy — like, bragging rights, right there!’” A brand-name school “would matter,” she confirms. “Yeah, for sure.”

199. NoFixedAddress

BoN

The KKK still have to get good ol’ Joe to the starting line yet.

200. zyconoclast

Not a cat girl in sight.

Masterpiece of Japan
    Account of Masterpieces of Japanese Culture. Mostly tweeting the images of the paintings and crafts. If you’re interested in Japanese culture, check the site!

Ah, well, yes.
    It does sound a bit compromised and conditional.
    Even timid, dare I say.
    Apparently it requires Frank, nota and some COWS to get on board to tip the scales.

If you USELESS COWS don’t get with the programme NOW, the society WE MEN built will go down the TOILET.
    So DO IT, unless you want to live under tyranny YOU DUMB COWS.

Cows (chewing cud) : “If it is all the same to you, we’ll take tyranny over you all day long, you shouty prick.”

202. NoFixedAddress

zyconoclast
    #3544598, posted on August 11, 2020 at 10:08 pm

I’m a liberal and I just love eugenics.

203. Struth

Now here is that emotion and prejudice coming to the fore that always turns from logic and facts.

If I was to bask in glory it would mean I would expect those present to be remembering me, and honouring me……

I wasn’t going to let a tyrannical government tell me I could go to Coles but not stand in the open at a Cenotaph, especially when legally allowed to walk past it, just not stop.
    That is a total political act by government, an anti Australian political act, and should have been resisted by the nation.
    Unfortunately millions stayed home.
    My conscience is clear.
    That’s all that matters to me.
    From then on I quickly learned about the impossibility of doing anything, thanks not to the government, but because of the people, people like you, and I’m still waiting , so to accuse me of trying to organise violent uprising is a joke.
    Every day that passes, people will realise they should have made a stand immediately.
    And everyday that passes will make it that much harder to take back.
    History shows us this quite clearly.

NFA – The Dems are going for massive industrial scale fraud. The mail-in ballots won’t get in in time, but they’ll dig up a who pile of judges who injunct that they be counted anyway. And if it doesn’t happen by inauguration day Pelosi takes over, assuming the Dems have the House – which they will try to keep using the same methods. They piloted the scam in Orange County in 2018 and it worked.

If Trump can’t swing an overwhelming landslide to offset this crap I have no idea what will happen.

205. johanna

I love this. First, a reaction to the dumbing-down of politics. Haven’t heard of Rousseau, Dimmocrats? You all with your many university degrees? Well, well.

Second, it takes the fight about culture right up to the coalface. Let’s stop pussyfooting around and call it what it is.

Barr is a charmer, as well. This is an example of how he wins hearts as well as minds:

206. jupes

Have a read of this shit

It’s got it all; moralising, hypocrisy, double standards, craven political correctness, cronyism and even some stupid AWFL bint having a go at Sam Newman.

What a world!

207. mh

This is pushing up US stocks

Russian President Vladimir Putin announced the registration of what Russia claims to be the first vaccine for the coronavirus in the world and said one of his daughters had already taken it.

“As far as I know, a vaccine against a new coronavirus infection has been registered this morning, for the first time in the world,” he said at a meeting with members of the government, RIA Novosti reported.

“Although I know that it works quite effectively, it forms a stable immunity and, I repeat, has passed all the necessary checks,” Putin said.

I am ever so disappointed. Is that all it turned out to be?

Well, Micky, I have to put the cue in the rack.
    My value of my stockpile of ammonium nitrate in Beirut has fallen a bit.
    No revolution without a BANG!!

209. NoFixedAddress

zyconoclast
    #3544602, posted on August 11, 2020 at 10:12 pm

Masterpiece of Japan
    Account of Masterpieces of Japanese Culture.

There are a lot of brilliant Japanese Masterpieces and I was given to understand that the really good stuff is in private collections.

210. Struth

So DO IT, unless you want to live under tyranny YOU DUMB COWS.

Don’t put it in block quote ,smart arse.
    I didn’t say that.
    Although I agree with every word of it.

And tyranny is what they are getting.

211. rickw

This is possibly the best and most level headed commentary on COVID 19 there is:

212. feelthebern

I got a neurology appointment on thursday.

EEG, MT?

213. feelthebern

JC posting Flo Rida vids.
    Now I’ve seen everything.

This COW!!! talk Struth.
    Do you do it aloud in the house?
    Or just under your breath in the shed?

215. min

Pathological liar has been caught out by his own office that put a media release n 27th March announcing that ADF would be available for-use in quarantine , contact tracing etc etc.

216. rickw

LL, do you have any real point to make?

217. Struth

I use worse language at home.
    I keep it tame here.

Of course, concentrate on my language, not what I am saying, as the aloof are want to do, when they have no argument.

218. MatrixTransform

botox to keep me sexy

219. feelthebern

Well this Thurs is Mincing night…

rickw

#3544623, posted on August 11, 2020 at 10:29 pm

LL, do you have any real point to make?

Yep.
    Just reminding people to be wary of mouthy types doing a bit of front bar revolutionary machismo.

221. mh

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    25s
    More Testing, which is a good thing (we have the most in the world), equals more Cases, which is Fake News Gold. They use Cases to demean the incredible job being done by the great men & women of the U.S. fighting the China Plague!

But, rickw, I generally fully support the Friesian Fighters.

223. MatrixTransform

bern, I have a hemi-facial spasm because the nerves got screwed up after a Bells Palsy

true, the botox stops the spaz

224. MatrixTransform

…except when I post on The Cat

225. feelthebern

Jeez, good luck.
    Just make sure they don’t miss and get your ball bag…cos that’s what the young ones are doing these days.

1 2 3 11