Open Forum: October 17, 2020

3,021 Responses to Open Forum: October 17, 2020

1. feelthebern says:

So what is your desired outcome?
    What you hope to achieve?

2. Exit Stage Right says:

Headlines in the Oz (Paywalled to me).
    “‘Let’s create our own Facebook’
    There are calls for the government to develop a public-owned, public-purpose social network to be housed through the ABC.”
    Wow. Just imagine their ABC controlling Facebook and its fact free environment. I bet the Liars are on board with this suggestion.

3. BrettW says:

So now I guess we can assume Struth is brighter than Bolt. Strange Struth does not have his own TV show or a syndicated newspaper column.

Oh wait, I think he met Alan Jones and even emails him.

So Credlin turns up at press conferences and is wasting her time and Bolt is criticised for not attending but would do more harm than good if he did. See how it works ? With Struth nothing is good enough.

I think apart from AJ no journalist or commenator can live up to Struth standards. Here was me thinking it might be because Credlin is not a male.

“I think worse of that useless dick head Bolt for example, as he is also in Melbourne and could attend free to airs, and free to airs are everything.
    (He’s not bright enough, to be honest, so he’d do more harm than good most likely)”.

4. miltonf says:

Why the hatred of Credlin? She’s got some results. That’s all that matters.

5. Leigh Lowe says:

How is the campaign to unseat Palace-Chook going, Queenssslanders?
    Anything to report today?

6. Tel says:

The beatings will continue, until Melbourne improves.

7. Leigh Lowe says:

miltonf

#3624640, posted on October 19, 2020 at 3:29 pm

Why the hatred of Credlin? She’s got some results. That’s all that matters

Well, der.
    She had the opportunity to arrest Andrews for High Treason and she wimped it.

8. BrettW says:

9. Makka says:

The whole Credlin thing was a nothing-burger eh?
    Tell Chris Eccles that.

I want to see Crisp nailed and gorrrn for the quarantine fk up. If he goes, Kate Fitzgerald is fully implicated and so then without any shadow of doubt so is Andrews. Crisp leads directly to Andrews. Perhaps the re-opened Inquiry can deliver that.

10. Leigh Lowe says:

We need a convoy.
    Of Big Yellow Twucks.
    Or maybe little red cars.
    Not sure which.
    But we need a convoy.
    If only we had someone to lead it …

11. Struth says:

The whole Credlin thing was a nothing-burger eh?
    Tell Chris Eccles that.

6 million locked down, thousands of suicides and preventable death, misery and tyranny of millions, 26 million imprisoned in their own country etc etc.
    This has got to be the saddest comment here for some time.

12. incoherent rambler says:

I think I can convert the trebuchet to a possum launcher.

13. Leigh Lowe says:

Yes, Makka, I agree.
    But Eccles was the best place to start unpicking it.

14. miltonf says:

Like all of us, Bolt is not perfect but he’s
    -been dragged through court
    -been assaulted on the street
    -been forced to move house.
    He’s a brave man.

15. Leigh Lowe says:

Is Credlin responsible for the fuck-up?
    What exactly should she have done or not done?
    (Try to avoid using Sov-Cit speak).

16. BrettW says:

Here is the whole problem with Struths confused thinking. He actually prefers that, despite all the death and misery, nobody investigates who is to blame and nobody loses their job. To him it is all a waste of time because he knows better.

The only way Credlin and Bolt could satisfy him would be to attend press conferences redaing out his quetions. Only problem is they would look a bit stupid in VIC trying to blame it all on ScoMo.

Struth
    #3624647, posted on October 19, 2020 at 3:33 pm
    The whole Credlin thing was a nothing-burger eh?
    Tell Chris Eccles that.

This has got to be the saddest comment here for some time.

17. feelthebern says:

I don’t get the strategy.
    There is only one way forward.
    So what is it.
    Not telling you, but I’ll ridicule the hell out of anyone that does anything else.

18. Jo says:

Arky, the VF hardtop was factory original rid. I had a VG hardtop 440 5 speed I put in myself. Sold it in parts cause no one would pay 8k. Mate bought a 71 429 super cobrajet mustang for 10k when fuel was expensive in the 80s.

19. feelthebern says:

Just let me know if I post the correct outcome.
    I’d hate to stumble upon the answer & not know it.

20. feelthebern says:

Do we want ScoMo to deploy the army to Victoria to remove Dan Andrews?
    Y/N.
    Is this the outcome that is desired?

21. feelthebern says:

Do we want a Federal snap election where One Nation gets enough seats in the HoR to form government?
    Y/N.

22. Leo G says:

BrettW posted at 3:31 pm

Bannon reckons if Biden is elected, Trump will announce he is running in 2024:

“If, for any reason the election is stolen from him, or in some sort of way, Joe Biden is declared the winner, President Trump will announce he’s going to run for reelection in 2024

23. feelthebern says:

Do we want all current free to air media licences revokedf & the ABC disbanded as they have been in the tank for the travel restrictions & lock downs from the get-go?
    Y/N.

24. Knuckle Dragger says:

‘deploy the army’

Haha.

*standing on balcony*
    ‘Yesssss. Fly, my pretties. Fly!’

25. feelthebern says:

KD, considering Struth is only telling us how wrong everyone else is, plus a lot of platitudes, I thought I’d start posting scenarios in the hope I’d come across his desired outcome.

26. Armadillo says:

I noticed that a question to Trump at the last Town Hall raised QAnon. Why?

It turns out that the Deep State is getting really desperate now…..

27. Cassie of Sydney says:

“Sharri Markson’s Sky News interview with Bannon about Biden has over 1.5m views so far and over 21,000 comments.”

It was a really good interview.

28. feelthebern says:

You don’t see wood panelling like Bannon has much these days.

29. miltonf says:

RE the deep state- Peter Hitchens wrote a while back that Britain and the Empire getting into WWI was due to a secret deal between the British and French military.

30. Boambee John says:

cohenite
    #3624539, posted on October 19, 2020 at 1:57 pm
    Has the lying troll disavowed communism, blm, antifa, the RoP and gender reassignment in young children.

After his comment this morning about posters here being “obsessed” with communism and socialism, I invited him to make the case for them here. So far, no reaction. Perhaps Google and Wiki couldn’t offer anything positive. Still, presenting 100 million dead in a positive manner might be beyond even the bin chicken!

31. Struth says:

Ha ha.
    I’ve got all the time in the world.
    But still, how long until this great thing a Liberal party hack started, gets results
    Frees one person.
    Again, I’m not having a go at her, but the tragics that think it matters.
    Anyone with any concept regarding the media knows straight to air unedited, is god’s gift.

This has nothing to do with smarts.
    As I showed a few days ago, when I baited you Frank, because I know you aren’t a stupid person, and neither is Dan Andrews, but I wanted to show that those like you and him may be able to talk till your blue in the face and obfuscate like champions, but you both do it coming from a lack of integrity.
    Hence a man has to just be honest, understand what freedom truly is and what it means, and be on the side of good and you can be torn to shreds.
    As shown.
    Credlin had and still has, live to air chances to do that, and in the same time educate those listening about true freedom and tyranny.
    But she missed, and continues to miss a golden opportunity and allows Dan to carry on, just as LL does here with his little band of Nicks and others who are no different to the MSM in at Dan’s pressers.
    The little gutless ones here for god knows what reason, because they never actually express an opinion not LL approved. No different.
    So far Credlin zip, Dan, not a scratch.
    Eccles, and who gives a shit?
    Dan?
    You’re playing with yourself.

But carry on, there’s no reason to be here these days.

32. You don’t see wood panelling like Bannon has much these days.

Right. I like Bannon a lot more right now.

33. feelthebern says:

So what do you want Struth?
    Unless you have a magic wand (PS KD check your email), you have to have a plan, a goal.
    Seriously, what is your desired outcome?

34. feelthebern says:

Bannon was at a party before he popped out to do Sharri’s interview.

35. Struth says:

Here’s the point.
    Until you can tell me what is wrong with this statement, if it is in regard to the 800 deaths, I will consider you just another person lost to brainwashing propaganda.
    When you work that out, we may get somewhere.

36. feelthebern
    #3624660, posted on October 19, 2020 at 3:42 pm

Y/N.

37. feelthebern says:

Now youtube showing me Ron Burgundy clips in my feed.

38. BrettW says:

The political guru has spoken further words of deep insight. If only Rupert Murdoch was reading. He would sack Bolt and Credlin and hire Struth.

So far Credlin zip, Dan, not a scratch.
    Eccles, and who gives a shit?
    Dan?
    You’re playing with yourself.

39. Struth says:

FTB, what the fuck do you think I want, a ham sandwich?

Actually that’s not a bad idea.

40. Cassie of Sydney says:

“feelthebern
    #3624660, posted on October 19, 2020 at 3:42 pm
    Y/N.”

That ain’t gonna happen in a million years.

41. Struth says:

Sorry Brett, but you are correct, they are political opinions, given freely and for the sake of discussion.
    I should have known better on this blog.
    Go for it guys, back to possum catching and low GI yogurt recipes.

Got stuff to do.

Love you all.

MMMMMMWWWWWAAAAAHHHHH.

42. feelthebern says:

That ain’t gonna happen in a million years.

Of course it’s not.
    Just trying to get Struth to say what he wants.
    He seems pretty good at saying everything everyone else is saying/doing is shit.
    Not much else.

43. Boambee John says:

miltonf
    #3624670, posted on October 19, 2020 at 3:51 pm

Broadly true.

Staff talks between Britain and France started some years before the war, and led to an “understanding” that Britain would commit an expeditionary force to support France.

One possibly apocryphal story has a British officer asking what would be the minimum necessary contingent. The response was along the lines “One soldier, and the French would ensure that he was promptly killed”. The message was simple: once committed on the ground, the commitment became irreversible.

44. BrettW says:

Seriously Struth, we are never going to get anywhere. I think you are moron and you prove it daily with your Credlin comments.

You clearly dont understand my point above. Your view is it is better Credlin never asked her questions and nobody lost their jobs. It is the most idiotic view but hey keep going reminding us each day how you know best contrary to all the support Credlin has been getting.

Here’s the point.
    When you work that out, we may get somewhere.

45. miltonf says:

I should have known better on this blog.
    Go for it guys, back to possum catching and low GI yogurt recipes.

If you hold this blog in such contempt, why do you post here?

46. miltonf says:

The more I look at it, the more I see what an absolute, monstrous disaster WWI has been. We’re still suffering the consequences 102 years later.

47. Mark A says:

Not getting involved here on personalities but I have to point out that quite a number of peeps are far brighter than most journalists.

Some, like Mark Steyn, are really good, most of the others are opininated hacks.
    Having a column or a TV show means mostly a “look at me”, an excess of narcissism.

48. vlad says:

low GI yogurt recipes

I missed that with all the scrolling I’ve been doing.

Does anyone have any good ones? Sounds interesting.

49. Cassie of Sydney says:

“miltonf
    #3624689, posted on October 19, 2020 at 4:13 pm
    The more I look at it, the more I see what an absolute, monstrous disaster WWI has been. We’re still suffering the consequences 102 years later”

Yep…the world never recovered.

50. Jo says:

51. Tim Neilson says:

Seems a bit tinfoil hat to me. The Entente Cordiale wasn’t a secret, nor was the treaty guaranteeing Belgium’s neutrality. And Britain’s concern over the naval arms race was inflamed by the invasion of Belgium with consequent German control of ports close to Britain’s coast.

52. Struth says:

I should have known better on this blog.
    Go for it guys, back to possum catching and low GI yogurt recipes.
    If you hold this blog in such contempt, why do you post here?

Because I never used to before socialist fear propaganda caused the loss of sanity in so many.
    I suppose I hoped I could help bring the people I love and care for so deeply, back people from this terrible affliction with brute realism and honestly, but it’s obvious, I was wrong.
    All I have received for all of this tough love is a kick in the teeth.
    sniff.
    Whoa is me.
    Well, you can’t say I didn’t try, but there comes a time when you know you’re wasting it.

Sniff, I ,….I can’t go (sniff) ..on being so harshly treated.
    Goodbye cruel catallaxy, goodbye………………………….AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

sniff.

53. miltonf says:

The Avenues of Honour in Australian towns are a daily reminder.

54. Cassie of Sydney says:

“Jo
    #3624694, posted on October 19, 2020 at 4:16 pm
    Cassie you are right but, and a Gillard sized butt PHON could have the balance of power. Too many leftists masquerading as moderates. These days majority of conservatives are left of centre by a stretch. Yeah not going to happen.”

Agree….but that requires Pauline to be a better judge of character when preselecting and the simple truth is that she isn’t. However here in NSW…with Latham…PHON has some hope…..I reckon PHON can win against Fitzgibbon in Hunter. PHON need to target traditional Labor working class seats.

55. miltonf says:

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

56. OldOzzie says:

From Up Thread – Excitement Machine
    Posted on 9:52 am, October 19, 2020 by currencylad

duncanm
    #3624481, posted on October 19, 2020 at 1:06 pm
    Trump, not a public rally, driving to a private fundraiser, and in CA no less.

Biden is toast

Amazing Crowd along the Route and as stated in CA

HT Michael Smith News.

57. Jo says:

bespoke what was the strawberry blonde talking about I was distracted.

58. Cassie of Sydney says:

“Sniff, I ,….I can’t go (sniff) ..on being so harshly treated.
    Goodbye cruel catallaxy, goodbye………………………….AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

sniff.”

Struth, enough of the drama…leave that to the women here. We’re much better at it.

59. Makka says:

Yes,the bullet that started it changed the world forever. The most momentous change in the fortunes of mankind since I think the printing press. Totally unbelievable consequences as you say still echoing down the years with us to this day.

60. miltonf says:

Old Ozzie, yes it was great to see the crowds for DJT in LA (of all places). Truth be known, LA is a fascinating, amazing place.

61. OldOzzie says:

Struth
    #3624697, posted on October 19, 2020 at 4:18 pm
    I should have known better on this blog.
    Go for it guys, back to possum catching and low GI yogurt recipes.
    If you hold this blog in such contempt, why do you post here?

All I have received for all of this tough love is a kick in the teeth.
    sniff.
    Whoa is me.

Sniff, I ,….I can’t go (sniff) ..on being so harshly treated.
    Goodbye cruel catallaxy, goodbye………………………….AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

sniff.

Struth,

have a nice Red and just for you – Goodbye Cruel World

62. Rex Anger says:

Whoa is me.

Sniff, I ,….I can’t go (sniff) ..on being so harshly treated.
    Goodbye cruel catallaxy, goodbye………………………….AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

sniff.

Flounce harder, IamGloboGym’sAcolyte…

63. miltonf says:

Even the buildings changed in Australia c1920.

64. notafan says:

Over 320,000 have now signed the commission petition

#murdochroyalcommision

The sheeples are getting more brainwashed by the minute.
    Looking forward to tomorrow’s recall of the judicial enquiry.

65. Roger says:

The same for German mobilisation to the West. It had been planned for decades and was updated logistically periodically.

When the Kaiser wanted to back out of invading Belgium/France at the last moment and send troops to the East to fight the Russians instead he was told by von Moltke the Younger that simply it wasn’t possible.

An inquiry after the war found that, in fact, it was possible and they even had a paper on file indicating how it could be done using the railways.

66. calli says:

Eyrie
    #3624555, posted on October 19, 2020 at 2:12 pm

I’ve heard the same type of story from an arborist. Thought he’d taken a chunk out of himself – so badly he didn’t feel it…yet.

Turned out to be a hollow with a small resident.

67. bespoke says:

Jo
    #3624705, posted on October 19, 2020 at 4:21 pm
    bespoke what was the strawberry blonde talking about I was distracted.

The gravitational pull between celestial bodies. 😁

68. calli says:

Yikes. Just scrolled up.

Nooooooo!

69. Jo says:

70. bespoke says:

I don’t get symbolic flouncing it reeks of desperation and admitting they have no self control.

71. OldOzzie says:

President Donald Trump departing Newport Beach California

wow I can’t believe the crowd in California for president trump, this is amazing

72. Jo says:

bespoke I no longer have a heavenly body but I definitely felt the gravitational pull.

73. Cassie of Sydney says:

“Jo
    #3624721, posted on October 19, 2020 at 4:37 pm
    Latham said a while ago the Liars went left he stayed where he was. I seem to recall he was a product of the Liars. He seems to be a lot more sensible today which is all we can ask. I have to admit voting for Hawke, the liberals were useless and I would still vote for him in the same circumstances. The few conservatives around are only centrist, which I suppose is what most Cats are. Next election I will be able to vote for Latham but in a general election only a protest vote.”

I think many of us here agree with you Jo.

74. miltonf says:

Totally. He was a protege of EG Whitlam. People change their minds as they go through life. I’m no fan of Whitlam but I think he pushed for sewerage in the west of Sydney. Something essential which we take for granted. The picture on his twitter page- is that Renshaw or Heffron? It’s Green Valley I presume.

75. vlad says:

I heard on the radio today that Tony Abbott attended a public mass in Rome said by Cardinal Pell.

Good news.

76. OldOzzie says:

vlad
    #3624727, posted on October 19, 2020 at 4:44 pm

Good news.

The congregation of some 45 persons, in attendance by invitation only from the Australian Embassy and limited in number due to Covid-19 restrictions, included the former Australian prime minister, Tony Abbott, a friend and strong defender of the cardinal who happened to be in town on other business, and the U.S. ambassador to the Holy See, Callista Gingrich, and her husband, Newt. Also present were the rectors of the Venerable English College, Msgr. Philip Whitmore, and of the Beda College, Canon Philip Gillespie, and the Rev. Robert McCulloch, an Australian friend of the cardinal and the procurator general of the Columban Fathers, who has spent much of his life in Pakistan.

A prayer was said during Mass for the late Australian ambassador to the Holy See, Tim Fischer, a close friend of the cardinal who headed the country’s diplomatic mission at the time of the canonization of Mother Mary MacKillop.

77. notafan says:

Yes he did, there’s a photo of the celebrants circulating on Twitter. People can travel freely around around Europe despite all the second wave hoohah.

78. Leigh Lowe says:

feelthebern

#3624658, posted on October 19, 2020 at 3:40 pm

Just let me know if I post the correct outcome.
    I’d hate to stumble upon the answer & not know it.

You won’t ‘bern, never fear.
    Because all wisdom must come from the Gospel According to Struth and, more to the point, He must lead all actions undertaken by anyone here, because Convoy.
    And Alan Jones*.
    Example.
    He and others had been writing letters to local MPs and Senators about da Constitution.
    Fair enough.
    Go for it.
    But when various people here starting writing to MLCs about the State of Emergency extension, that wasn’t quite up to scratch.
    Why?
    Because it wasn’t a form letter written and approved by His Holiness, Struth.
    * Whilst we are climbing in to Credlin about her failures, what precisely has AJ contributed except a nightly rant and ridng rough-shod over his guest of the evening?

79. JC says:

OldOzzie
    #3624723, posted on October 19, 2020 at 4:40 pm

President Donald Trump departing Newport Beach California

This is what one of my pals said on a 4 way text about California today.

A friend of mine lives in LA and travels around the state said I know it sounds crazy but I feel like Trump cud win California…. I know that won’t happen but I’ve never heard that before

He’s not going to win California, but boy the demons really deserve a scare.

If Trump wins convincingly, it would be safe to say that a decent percentage of the American population are going to have mental issues. No joking.

80. feelthebern says:

He’s not going to win California,

But he will flip at least half a dozen seats.

81. OldOzzie says:

Another Video (2 mins 18 secs) of the crowds along the road in Newport Beach CA – H/T Michael Smith

Thousands Of Trump Supporters Line Streets In Newport Beach To Welcome The President

President Donald Trump made a rare visit to California Sunday, touching down in Orange County for an early afternoon private fundraiser at tech mogul Palmer Luckey’s Newport Beach estate. Brittney Hopper reports.

One of the Street Bystanders saying

“That there is a Really Good Chance is we have an Honest Election, CA could go Red”

82. miltonf says:

Alan Jones really damaged himself with his attacks on New Acland Coal, Adani and coal seam gas.

83. calli says:

I was informed on good authority at Stitch and Bitch today that Trump didn’t get Covid, it was a publicity stunt to garner support because his poll numbers are crashing.

😁

84. feelthebern says:

Of all the people to report on the Biden hard drives, why Kerik?
    There must be a couple of dozen less controversial people.
    Now the left will go nuts on the darker parts of Kerik’s past, not the content of the Biden hard drives.

85. JC says:

Makka
    #3624707, posted on October 19, 2020 at 4:22 pm

I’m not sure of that. Certainly it was consequential, just like WW2. I reckon the black death was far more consequential. 30% of the European population was stuck in a box (if they were lucky) and buried.

86. calli says:

Not just Americans.

87. Tailgunner says:

Phillip Anderson, the black dude that got whacked by antifa the other day, has been banned by Twitter & Instagram.
    But my man, Adam Crigler (ex-TimcastIRL), helped him raise $26k to fix his teeth first.
    Phillip is going to use any leftover dentist money to organise another Patriot rally before the Election.

88. Old School Conservative says:

The people lining the streets of Newport Beach must have walked a long way to get a spot, waited for ages for the motorcade to pass, and waved at a car going 40-50 kph.
    Respect to them for their respect for the President.

89. feelthebern says:

Breaking news, struth writes for smh.com.au.
    They have a hit piece up re the Credlin questioning of Dan.

90. OldOzzie says:

Cassie of Sydney
    #3624725, posted on October 19, 2020 at 4:43 pm
    “Jo
    #3624721, posted on October 19, 2020 at 4:37 pm

+1 on Hawke, but was also Dumb enough to Vote Whitlam “It’s Time” – I did vote PHON Latham NSW Upper House last election as he has followed the Dictum-

“If you are under 30 and don’t vote Socialist, then you have no Heart – if you are over 40 and still vote Socialist, then you have no Brains”

91. Tailgunner says:

He’s not going to win California,

You guys are such pessimists!
    #49states
    I put another $50 on NY this morning.
    Amongst others.
    I’m like the kid in the candy shop in these election markets lol

92. miltonf says:

I hope and pray Twitter doesn’t get away with this.

93. JC says:

Gunner, stop. He’s not going to win New York. They don’t have to cheat there.

94. JC says:

Gunner what odds are they giving on NY?

95. miltonf says:

That’s it’s time campaign was very seductive. It still is.

96. OldOzzie says:

Obama Headed to Philadephia, and the Reason Is in the Numbers — Bad Numbers for Joe Biden

One thing not factored into the model changes from 2016 to 2020 is how changes in party registration alter the composition of the electorate that shows up at the polls.

Pennsylvania reflects a bad series of numbers for Joe Biden in this regard, and it explains why Pres. Obama is headed to Philadephia this week.

As a general proposition, having more new voters register for your party than the opposition party is a good thing because only a very small fraction of new party registrants are likely to vote for the candidate of the other party. Party switchers are great, but they are generally less plentiful. New voter registrants tend to vote as a higher percentage than other registered voters. This is why both major parties work so hard at voter registration.

So, what does the recent history of voter registration in Pennsylvania reflect? Let’s look at the numbers of the last four Presidential election outcomes in Pennsylvania as our backdrop — both the percentages and the raw vote totals:

2004 — Kerry 2.938 million (50.9%); Bush 2.794 million (48.4%): +144,000 for Democrats

2008 — Obama 3.276 million (54.5%); McCain 2.656 million (44.1%): +620,000 for Democrats

2012 — Obama 2.990 million (52.0%); Romney 2.680 (46.6%): +310,000 for Democrats

2016 — Clinton 2.926 million (47.5%); Trump 2.970 (48.2%): -44,000 for Democrats

In the last two election cycles, the Democrat gross vote total declined 350,000 votes.

In the same two election cycles, the GOP gross vote total climbed 314,000.

This wasn’t just a matter of who the candidates were, however, it was also a matter of who the voters were. And that is where the voter registration numbers become important.

In 2008, there were 4.480 million registered Democrat voters in Pennsylvania, and there were only 3.243 million registered GOP voters.

That was an advantage of 1,230,000 more registered voters for Democrats. But even with the wildly popular Barack Obama making his historic first run, he captured a vote total equivalent to only 73% of all registered Democrats.

The less-than-wildly-popular John McCain, on the other hand, captured a vote total of 82% of the number of registered Republicans.

Obviously, there were cross-overs — GOP registered voters cast their vote for Obama, and Democrat registered voters cast their votes for McCain. But just as a function of the raw relationship between the number of registered voters for each party, and the number of votes cast for each party’s candidate, Obama underperformed McCain while Obama was receiving more votes than any candidate ever in Pennsylvania.

The same calculation got worse for Democrats in both 2012 and 2016. In both election cycles, the number of votes for the Democrat as a percentage of Democrat registered voters went down, while the same number for the GOP went up in both years.

In 2012, Romney’s vote total of 2.680 million represented 86% of the number of GOP registered voters.

In 2016, Trump’s vote total of 2.970 million represented 90% of the number of GOP registered voters.

Pres. Obama beat McCain when the numbers were 73% v. 82%, and Romney when the numbers were 70% v. 86% — with his margin of victory cut in half from 2008 to 2012.

Hillary Clinton lost when the numbers went to 69% v. 90%, and the respective vote total differential went from a comfortable 310,00 vote win for Obama to a narrow 44,000 vote loss for her.

The mantra is that Biden only needs to do a little better than Clinton did in a few Pennsylvania counties where Democrats dominate, and that will be enough to flip the state back narrowly into the Democrat column on Nov. 3. That is a wild oversimplification that ignores what has been happening in Pennsylvania the past 20 years — and more importantly, ignores what has been happening in Pennsylvania the last 4 years.

Here are the final registration numbers for 2020, and the change from the 2008 “high water” mark from Obama’s first run.

Democrats: 4.169 million (-311,000 since 2008)

Republicans: 3.452 million (+209,000 since 2008).

If you re-run the 2016 election with these registration numbers and the votes/registered voter percentage from 2016 (Clinton 69% v. Trump 90%), you get the following outcome:

Biden — 2.877 million

Trump — 3,107 million

Trump wins by 230,000 votes, and the margin is 51.9% to 48.1%.

Long, but rest worth a Read

97. JC says:

calli
    #3624742, posted on October 19, 2020 at 4:57 pm

Not just Americans.

I’m worried we won’t have enough hands on deck to man leftie suicide hotline.

98. Sinclair Davidson says:

Trump is $21 to win New York.

99. Tailgunner says:

They don’t have to cheat there.

That could be the opening Trump needs!
    🤣

100. Sinclair Davidson says:

I’m worried we won’t have enough hands on deck to man leftie suicide hotline.

well don’t then.

101. Makka says:

I reckon the black death was far more consequential.

Yes a massive event but we today don’t feel the effects of the Black death. Whereas the consequences of 1914-18 are all around us today. The printing press was around 100 years after the Black Death so the analogy I think still holds.

102. OldOzzie says:

miltonf
    #3624754, posted on October 19, 2020 at 5:05 pm
    That’s it’s time campaign was very seductive. It still is.

I claim Young and Stupid

103. JC says:

Saw an American dude this morning. He’s from Pennsylvania where every vote can really count. The fucker sent his mail in vote for Hiden. Hiden! I wanted to choke him, He also told me he spent ~around 33 bucks for special posting.

I said nothing, like millions of others I guess.

104. Tailgunner says:

2016 saw little to no overt support for Trump.
    Look at it now!
    Crowds lining roads, car rally’s, MAGA parades, NY J’s MAGA protesting, world’s biggest Trump flag unveiled over the BLM roadsign at Trump Tower…
    Something BIG is Happening!!

105. JC says:

Sinclair Davidson
    #3624760, posted on October 19, 2020 at 5:07 pm

I’m worried we won’t have enough hands on deck to man leftie suicide hotline.

well don’t then.

Typical libertarian. No sense of altruism in being charitable.

106. Old School Conservative says:

what precisely has AJ contributed

An articulate and well-researched analysis of the dictatorship that is Victoria.
    He shows clearly what the statistics really mean and how Dan’s decisions are illogical and destructive.
    The numbers of people supporting Dan would be higher without an exposure to AJ’s commentary.
    In short, he has achieved a mind set change in many Australians.

107. JC says:

Sinclair Davidson
    #3624757, posted on October 19, 2020 at 5:06 pm

Trump is $21 to win New York.

That’s how dreams are made. That would only happen in heaven.

108. cohenite says:

Start with little joel. Newcastle is another possibility. But Kean’s seat of Hornsby has to be targeted. In 2019 PHON only got a bit under 4.5%. Money is needed. I’m looking into it. I’m sure the armchair warriors here will be forth-coming.

109. bespoke says:

Most people are a raising a family and building a future to bother with political affiliations.

110. Tailgunner says:

Yep, Sinc is on it – 21/1
    Strangely, it was at 11/1 like CA,IL,etc until just a few days ago.
    Why was it wound out? I’ve seen/heard nothing to suggest bad news for Trump, only good stuff.
    Raised red flags so I have had a little nibble.
    There’s some very interesting discrepancies on bets between bookies. Big odds differentials.
    That always gets my attention.

111. cohenite says:

I’m disappointed in you head prefect. That’s a classic case of justifiable homicide.

112. feelthebern says:

The DNC machine in NY will roll through everyone.
    Resistance is futile.

113. areff says:

No sense of altruism in being charitable.

Am I my brother’s keeper? Nope, not unless I want to be

114. OldOzzie says:

JC
    #3624764, posted on October 19, 2020 at 5:09 pm

I said nothing, like millions of others I guess.

JC,

Was he from one of Pennsylvania DemoCrap Cities – Philadelphia, Scranton, Pittsburgh, Delaware?

115. Cassie of Sydney says:

I did vote PHON Latham NSW Upper House last election”

As did I.

116. Tailgunner says:

, He also told me he spent ~around 33 bucks for special posting

Lol!
    The anti-dumpster insurance special?
    Ask him on the weekend if he’s trying to get the ballot back to change it 🤣🤣

117. JC says:

We have Monst, Van Onselen predicting a Hiden win. We can’t be assured of a trump landslide until Barrie Cassidy goes all in.

Therefore, “I urge caution”, as a former US secretary of state used to say to almost everything.

118. Tailgunner says:

Scranton? Never heard of it?
    🤣🤣

119. Cassie of Sydney says:

“But Kean’s seat of Hornsby has to be targeted.”

I can’t see PHON winning in Hornsby.

120. JC says:

Ozzie;

He’s just outside of Philly.

121. feelthebern says:

Where’s Corn Pop ?

122. Arnost says:

With some of the deeper conspiracy stuff [ie the CP stuff] – if that comes out true, and Biden is compromised … what the hell will happen to all these early votes? You can’t take them back… they’re totally legal.

123. Cassie of Sydney says:

“feelthebern
    #3624774, posted on October 19, 2020 at 5:16 pm
    The DNC machine in NY will roll through everyone.
    Resistance is futile.”

It’ll be interesting to see the Orthodox Jooooish vote in NYC.

124. JC says:

It’ll be interesting to see the Orthodox Jooooish vote in NYC.

Interesting? You kidding, they’re all voting Trump.

125. feelthebern says:

It’ll be interesting to see the Orthodox Jooooish vote in NYC.

In NYC, it doesn’t matter.
    Even if the rest of the state votes Trump, the EC votes go to Biden.
    But I reckon just like CA, Trump will flip a few house seats in NY.

126. calli says:

Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)
    #3624720, posted on October 19, 2020 at 4:36 pm

Thanks for posting his Youtubes. Who is he? I find his opinions very interesting and well argued.

His take on the slight stepping back of some previously partisan commentators (eg. Blitzer) is curious. No one wants to be seen as the most partisan if the sh*t hits the fan over the hard drives.

127. Armadillo says:

Americans have a “secret ballot”. Yes?

Can someone explain how the pundits know with such certainty who voted for whom?

It seems to me that this “registered” and “undecided” voter stuff is only accurate to a degree.

Look at the last election. Look at the polling. Look at the Trump vs Biden enthusiasm. Look at the recent “town halls” with its “undecided voters”. There is a lot of malarkey going on here.

I reckon Gunner is absolutely right. The betting markets are merely a reflection of punters paying attention to fake news and fake polling. The odds are correct in the sense that a bookie will only react to what “the book” is telling them. The book never lies.

128. JC says:

You know, if this shit really heats up today, Hiden could be gonsky before long. I can’t see how on earth he could debate Trump. He’ll tear him limb from limb.

129. Tintarella di Luna says:

I did vote PHON Latham NSW Upper House last election”

As did I.

#MeToo

130. Armadillo says:

Gunner is gunna be the fattest kid in the candy shop.

131. feelthebern says:

Trump will win.
    & he’ll keep the Senate majority.
    & he’ll make the house a lot closer, but unlikely to see that flipping though.
    Too much voter fraud to expect too much on that front.

132. Bubbels says:

Compare and contrast; the notorious Orange County cops politely managing the crowd at Trump’s Newport event, and Vicplod bashing Grannies.
    We have sunk so low without noticing.

133. Jo says:

Gunner it’s that bit between your legs that gets in the way when you sit down.

134. feelthebern says:

We have sunk so low without noticing.

Oh we’ve noticed.

135. calli says:

I’m worried we won’t have enough hands on deck to man leftie suicide hotline.

I’ll do my best at S&B. Maybe take a sugary MAGA cake to sweeten things up.

And confiscate all sharp objects.

They can do huckaback with the nursery scissors for a few weeks until they recover.

136. Cassie of Sydney says:

“JC
    #3624787, posted on October 19, 2020 at 5:20 pm
    It’ll be interesting to see the Orthodox Jooooish vote in NYC.

Interesting? You kidding, they’re all voting Trump.”

Yes they will however it’ll still be interesting to see….because such is the anti-Semitism of the NYC mayor and the NY Governor.

137. Knuckle Dragger says:

Pretend flouncers.

Just the worst people.

Believe me.

138. Bruce of Newcastle says:

Scranton? Never heard of it?

That’s because New York left the Solar System in 2018, and Scranton some years later.

Cities in Flight (James Blish)

The one about Scranton was the first I read in the series, ‘way back in high school. Happened to be in the library. A fine tale!

139. JC says:

He’s adorable. How can we ever forget he threw Pelosi and Schumer out the White house. He just told them to get out.

Trump is God.

140. johanna says:

miltonf
    #3624738, posted on October 19, 2020 at 4:55 pm

Agree – what on earth is he thinking? He teamed up with the Greens and the Lock the Gate movement, lending credibility to all the scaremongering about fracking, coal seam gas extraction and coal mining. And yet he claims to be a glowbull warmening sceptic. Weird.

Oh, and to all those who contributed, last night’s egg-throwing was hilarious. 🙂

141. cohenite says:

Apropos of nothing except some recent photos of young frog starlets here is a photo of Katherine Hepburn from the set of Bringing Up Baby; she’s not regarded as a classic beauty but I disagree.

142. thefrollickingmole says:

I have read that sticking strictly to the public treaty the UK wasnt obliged to get involved when France went to war with Germany.
    This is a good little look at just how confusing the aliances were.
    It could be said that by backing Russia to the hilt the UK/France allowed the Russians to feel they had no worries about slapping the Hapsburgs down, this in turn allowed the Gremans enough justification to kick off with france.

I’m worried we won’t have enough hands on deck to man leftie suicide hotline.

well don’t then.

In the spirit of goodwill and cordiality which is the hallmark of this place we can compromise. Merely shifting from “On hold” elevator muzak to a voice repeating “Do it, do it, do it” can give the same effect as one of the councilors for cents on the dollar.

143. Entropy says:

miltonf
    #3624738, posted on October 19, 2020 at 4:55 pm

And the Wagner’s quarry and their airport

144. rugbyskier says:

With the way Australia Post is at the moment the ballot will arrive just in time for Christmas. I sent a card via international express post to my German friend at the beginning of April for his birthday on 8 May. He sent me an email in mid-June saying it had arrived.

145. Jo says:

JC if you vote for Sniffy Joe you already have mental problems. Leftism is a race to the bottom.

146. Delta A says:

Oh, and to all those who contributed, last night’s egg-throwing was hilarious.

It certainly was.

The pun cupboard was completely empty this morning. Gab hurled them all around the site with brilliant abandon.

Kudos, Gab!

147. BrettW says:

The connection would be he was NY Police boss when Guliani was Mayor.

feelthebern
    #3624740, posted on October 19, 2020 at 4:56 pm
    Of all the people to report on the Biden hard drives, why Kerik?

148. Bruce of Newcastle says:

It’ll be interesting to see the Orthodox Jooooish vote in NYC.

That’s the polling is saying.

Orthodox support for Trump is skyrocketing, survey finds (JPost, 16 Oct)

A new poll shows overwhelming support for President Donald Trump among Orthodox Je ws.

The poll, published Wednesday by Ami Magazine, found that 83% of Orthodox respondents plan to vote for Trump in the upcoming election, while just 13% plan to vote for Joe Biden. Those numbers represent a dramatic increase from a 2017 poll by the American Je wish Committee which found that 54% of Orthodox Je ws had voted for Trump in 2016.

The Abraham Accords probably have something to do with this! Bahrain and Israel signed the latest one last night.

149. Manuel Utz says:

Hey Gab

Sorry I couldn’t keep up with your puns.

I had to incubate my ideas further.

150. JC says:

That’s kind of what I said to this Demonrat on the 4 way text conversation we’re having. I told him that even though he despises Trump, he just needs to hold his nose and vote for him because he just can’t vote for Hiden. I think he listened. Let’s hope.

151. JC says:

Plus the fact that the Governor and the mayor both hate jooos it seems.

Did you see them doing their religious dance thing in the street last week? Some of the dudes were holding up “We love Trump” flags.

152. feelthebern says:

The connection would be he was NY Police boss when Guliani was Mayor.

Yeah I know that.
    But considering the skeletons in his closet, it was a dumb move.

153. Roger says:

They were as soon as the Germans set foot in Belgium though.

But the geo-political rationale was that Britain couldn’t tolerate the prospect of a German dominated Europe if the French were defeated.

154. Nick says:

Oh, and to all those who contributed, last night’s egg-throwing was hilarious.

I just read it. Lmao.

155. feelthebern says:

Even Rocky liked last nights thread.

156. bespoke says:

Well I’m not give any excuse for monty to gloat if Trump looses. As the prof says don’t get cocky.

157. JC says:

Trump really needs to back off criticizing mail in voting. Sure, he needs to get stuck into the attempted fraud, but otherwise he needs to back off.

Tim Pool
    @Timcast
    lol

democrats mostly voting by mail

Pennsylvania rejects 372,000 mail-in ballot applications following primary confusion: report http://hill.cm/6z9Sq9X

158. JC says:

No kidding, this has to be a first.

Overnight on 17 Oct., BLM-antifa rioters shut down traffic in Phoenix, Ariz. & threw incendiary devices at responding police. 18 arrested. https://fox10phoenix.com/news/pd-18-people-arrested-after-downtown-phoenix-protest-against-police-brutality

Britney Austin, 35, a militant #antifa male to female Moozlym transsexual, was arrested again https://archive.vn/0WcjC

159. feelthebern says:

Considering what Kerik was jailed for (now pardoned by Trump), imagine how much time the Biden clan should spend behind bars.
    Should.
    But won’t.

160. Delta A says:

There should be a dedicated thread: The Best of Gab.

In case you missed it:

Gab
    #3623893, posted on October 18, 2020 at 11:20 pm
    I ordered a chicken and an egg online from two different places.
    I’ll let you know

161. 1735099 says:

LOL…you really are a sad, decrepit old man. No wonder you’re here all day….you clearly have no friends.

You’re here all day.
    No friends?
    No brains?
    Or both?

162. Bruce of Newcastle says:

Trump really needs to back off criticizing mail in voting.

Don’t agree JC. People behave ever so much better when they know they’re being watched. And all those Dems in the postal service and the electoral centres are going to be highly aware that Trump and the RNC are watching them. Which means even if the election is for all the marbles each individual Dem wukka has to think to his, her or its self “what if Trump wins?”

163. feelthebern says:

That looks like a good way to wreck a piece of meat, cohenite.

164. calli says:

The kookaburras brought their very fat new baby for tea tonight. It has learned to pick up food for itself but they are still dutifully feeding it.

It sat in the frangipani and nearly tipped itself off the branch. All good fun.

165. OldOzzie says:

Delta A
    #3624816, posted on October 19, 2020 at 5:39 pm
    Oh, and to all those who contributed, last night’s egg-throwing was hilarious.

It certainly was.

Kudos, Gab!

Delta A and Gab

I felt like Alice tumbling down the Rabbit Hole. = trying to post sanity whilst all around me the World Whistled By

Alice In Wonderland’s Hidden Satire: Math Slips Down The Rabbit Hole

“Alice had begun to think that very few things indeed were really impossible.”

For example, soon after tumbling down the rabbit hole, Alice begins trying to reconcile what she was experiencing with what she thought she knew:

“[O]h dear, how puzzling it all is! I’ll try if I know all the things I used to know. Let me see: four times five is twelve, and four times six is thirteen, and four times seven is—oh dear! I shall never get to twenty at that rate!”

What fun to laugh along with Alice’s obvious confusion – but wait. What if she’s correct and just doesn’t know it? To some specialized readers, her mathematics, strange though it seems, is accurate. But not if you limit yourself to the traditional “base-10” form of math – the one we use every day.

What Alice’s author, Lewis Carroll, was doing was having a little fun at the expense of “abstract” mathematics, the leading edge of math in his day. If you switch out of base-10 calculations and into, say, base-18, where digits switch at 18, then four times five is 12; in base 19, four times six is 13; and so on, never getting to 20, just as Alice inadvertently foresaw.

To general readers of Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, this section seems like nonsense. But it may actually be a skewering of the math trends of Carroll’s day, presented for his own and his peers’ amusement.

“Alice thought the whole thing very absurd.”

Carroll’s real name was Charles Dodgson, a professor of mathematics at Oxford University. He did his best to keep these mathematical incursions into the narrative hidden, secreted away, only to be discovered by practitioners of advanced math.

166. JC says:

Bruce.

The piece says, at this stage, 372,000 ballots have been rejected. Not even the cheating will overcome this abortion. Demons are incapable of filling in a ballot. Also, they’re quite complex, or at least more complex than the average Demon has had to contend with. Enjoy the show!

167. feelthebern says:

JC, are you saying Trump goaded the DNC into mail ins?
    Are you saying the Trump-God saw this opportunity & played 4-D chess with them?

168. Delta A says:

OldOzzie
    #3624844, posted on October 19, 2020 at 6:01 pm

I love your posts, OldOzzie.

Always informative.

169. cohenite says:

That looks like a good way to wreck a piece of meat, cohenite.

Suck eggs bernie.

170. Leigh Lowe says:

feelthebern

#3624746, posted on October 19, 2020 at 5:00 pm

Breaking news, struth writes for smh.com.au.
    They have a hit piece up re the Credlin questioning of Dan.

Very simple hypothetical.
    Imagine if Alan Jones had turned up to Dan Xi-Man’s presser and asked exactly the same questions as Credlin, and got Chris Eccles’ head on a stick after four days, what do you reckon the cardigan army would be saying right now?

171. feelthebern says:

cohenite, you are a proud boy wannabe.

172. Leigh Lowe says:

Nick

#3624827, posted on October 19, 2020 at 5:49 pm

Oh, and to all those who contributed, last night’s egg-throwing was hilarious.

I just read it. Lmao.

Ha, ha.
    It was like eating a box of choccies.

OK. That’s enough. No more. Alright, maybe just one more …

173. feelthebern says:

I was surprised numbers didn’t chime in about how the egg puns reminded him of Vietnam.

174. JC says:

Cronkite

Please don’t post links here on how to ruin a nice piece of meat. Enough.

175. Infidel Tiger King says:

Last Monday Trumpy was $3 on Sportsbet. He just hit $2.30.

No one believes the fake polls except for incredulous media.

Only theft, fraud and outright deep state cooing can stop Sir Donald, which is why I am still not confident.

176. Manuel Utz says:

cohenite
    #3624838, posted on October 19, 2020 at 5:57 pm

Cheese and bacon

WHAT!?

That’s like C.L. not getting a Fillet O’Fish every Friday and Wednesday.

177. Manuel Utz says:

I feel exactly the same way IT.

Like last time, I thought Hillary’s machine were going to pull all sorts of shit.

178. rickw says:

Gab
    #3623893, posted on October 18, 2020 at 11:20 pm
    I ordered a chicken and an egg online from two different places.
    I’ll let you know

Is that code for guns and ammo??!!

179. Bar Beach Swimmer says:

Just watching Kenny on Sky. He said he went to South Australia last weekend. He was surprised that when he arrived at Adelaide Airport the authorities wanted to know why he was there, which surprised him. Why, he asked, was it anyone’s business that he was making a visit there.

Very early in the government’s response to the China Pestilence I commented that it seemed that our federal and state governments had purchased a WHO off-the-shelf-generic-pandemic-response.

From most of what we’ve seen over these months – except in Victoria, which has gone full retard – (numbers, I’m blocking you, no comments allowed) all states seemed to have followed to a greater or lesser extent the same strategy.

Kenny’s experience at Adelaide Airport mirrored my own at Perth Airport in July – a bunch of coppers, both federal and state present checking everyone’s paperwork, culminating in travelers being asked ‘Well, why are you here?’

I responded that with all due respect to Western Australia, I would have preferred to have stayed home, as would have the other half, but the West Australia government had made that impossible. Despite having my paperwork in order from the other half’s employer and accommodation for my two week’s self-isolation, the copper still had to go and check with her inspector, what about, I don’t know – but I thought, wtf.

Like Kenny, I wondered when did it happen that Australians needed to advise the authorities and submit proper paperwork to travel in our own country.

180. Bar Beach Swimmer says:

Cassie,
    thanks for that video on Colonialism.

181. Nick says:

Ha, ha.
    It was like eating a box of choccies.

OK. That’s enough. No more. Alright, maybe just one more …

Hahahahaha. That’s what it looked like

182. cohenite says:

Don’t be stupid head prefect; bacon ruins nothing; bernie might be a soy boy but you don’t have to gargle yogurt too.

183. Bar Beach Swimmer says:

which is why I am still not confident

IT, seeing that clip of how many people turned up at one of Biden’s meetings – none – tells me that Trump will win bigly!

That California footage is really, really positive stuff!

184. caveman says:

Credlin ,relentless, good to see.

185. Infidel Tiger King says:

Biden is irrelevant.

People are voting either for or against Trump.

He’s a very powerful motivator for both sides.

186. calli says:

On the chook and egg order, the punch line has been lost.

I’ll let you know which arrives first.

BOOM TISH!

187. C.L. says:

I love your posts, OldOzzie.

Always informative.

His assiduous collection of reports – including pay-walled stuff – is much appreciated.

188. calli says:

In jokes, timing is everything.

189. Manuel Utz says:

I’m Joe Biden and I’m the drover’s dog this Senate election. I approve of this, you know, the thing!

190. johanna says:

That SMH piece on Credlin was jaw-dropping.

He accused her of everything his toilet paper does every day, and has done for years.

191. C.L. says:

Yelling WAKE UP!!! woman in the morning…
    Weeping HA HA woman in the arvo:

I wasn’t joking about a mental health crisis. This is real.

192. feelthebern says:

cohenite, Gavin has spoken.
    You’re allowed to be gay.
    Just don’t be a fag about it.

193. calli says:

Shut up man!

194. Bar Beach Swimmer says:

People are voting either for or against Trump

You still need another candidate to be able to vote against Trump – but there’s no enthusiasm there – even a contrived enthusiasm. For those who are voting only against Trump, I can’t see him getting over the line without a large group enthusiastic for Biden.

195. cohenite says:

Real men eat bacon. Proud men eat bacon wrapped in meat. How do you like your meat bernie?

196. JC says:

I take it back, Bruce 🙂

A huge red flag is over Pennsylvania, where Cahaly predicts a Trump win, but said the state is ripe for voter fraud.

I believe Pennsylvania to be the number one state that Trump could win and have stolen from him through voter fraud. Pennsylvania has had a lot of voter fraud over the years and giving people unsolicited absentee ballots is literally like giving voter fraud operations steroids. I think it’s the state he’s most likely to win and not get the votes from.

197. feelthebern says:

This episode of Top Gear would not be made today.

198. Bar Beach Swimmer says:

Second take:
    I can’t see Biden getting over the line without a large group enthusiastic for him.

199. Arnost says:

… are you saying Trump goaded the DNC into mail ins?
    Are you saying the Trump-God saw this opportunity & played 4-D chess with them?

Interesting thinking. But it’ll only work if you KNOW that: you can reject most of the fraudulent ballots, you won’t reject bona fide Repub ballots; and you’ll have Amy on the SC! Gotta tick a lot of boxes for it to work.

The other nuance is that if this Hunter does blow up and he withdraws – then if the Democrats bring in an alternative candidate, maybe all the mail ins with Biden’s name could be declared informal and null and void…

The other thing that is giving me confidence is that Trump has conceded that there will be a “peaceful” transition. Why would he do this unless he was absolutely sure that he won’t have to bother with the courts…

200. Delta A says:

On the chook and egg order, the punch line has been lost.

Not at all.

The pause is excellent (eggselent?) because everyone mentally adds the final phrase.

Makes it even funnier.

201. Tailgunner says:

He’s a very powerful motivator for both sides

Yes, but remember 2016.
    Love Trumps Hate.
    It’s Happening

202. C.L. says:

Fat baby kookas are cute and their cheeky laugh is adorable.
    Maggies have that sweet song that defines Australia.
    Good old peewees mind their own business.

But nobody ever waxes lyrical about baby crows.
    Totally understandable. I hate those ark-arking smart-arses.

203. feelthebern says:

Cahaly & Trafalgar group appear to be the most accurate (& transparent) of the pollsters.
    Nate Silver is now just pushing a narrative for ABC in the US.
    I hope the dosh from Disney was worth it Nate.
    Cuck.

204. Herodotus says:

Philosopher’s Pie: Chicken and Egg.

205. Leigh Lowe says:

Just reading the tea leaves, it looks like that slimeball Andrew Demetriou might be getting rissoled from the Crown board.

206. Herodotus says:

Good old Pewees – I used to think they were great, but now have evidence of them bombing a country home’s windows relentlessly and harassing the pet birds within. Even when the pet finches went elsewhere the peewees kept up the bombing runs, so anti-bird spikes became necessary.

207. Tintarella di Luna says:

But nobody ever waxes lyrical about baby crows.
    Totally understandable. I hate those ark-arking smart-arses.

coupled with the up-yours strutting.

208. Tel says:

People are voting either for or against Trump

I think some of the Bernie-Bros are voting against the system itself. Maybe not all of them … but they hate the mainstream parties as much as the Red Hat Trumpers hate the mainstream parties.

I can’t see a reliable Bernie to Biden transition, when Biden is such a long time party faithful, and when we all know Biden won’t really be the candidate, instead the Dems will control him and he will be a weak noddy President at best. With Hunter turning out to be obviously more corrupt than anyone expected, I can only believe this would discourage the Bernie-Bros even more.

209. Tailgunner says:

And there’s also the 5 hard drives Rudy has.
    Lol, flawless victory before he even leaves the dressing room.
    452-86

210. calli says:

Uh oh. Looks like my timing yolk winged its way overhead.

*note to self…try harder.

211. calli says:

They just brought that baby back, the moochers. They think we can be won over by fluffy feathery cuteness.

They are right.

212. feelthebern says:

How could the DNC be so bad to put Biden up as the candidate?

213. Tailgunner says:

Has anyone seen the Kamel out&about?
    They’ve both gone into the bunker?
    Lol, interesting strategy!

214. feelthebern says:

They’ve both gone into the bunker?

They’re making a baby.

215. Tailgunner says:

Tim Pool has been shadow banned by Google apparently too.
    All assets deployed.
    But nothing can stop what’s coming.

216. miltonf says:

I hope and pray DJT wins, finger crossed and touch wood. His opponents are dirty and powerful. I hope founding fathers’ system will prevail against these evil cheats, thieve and thugs.

217. johanna says:

Wanna significantly increase your risk of getting sick? Just put yourself, or be forcibly put, in the care of the Victorian health system:

A Victorian government agency is contacting 243 people who had their blood glucose levels tested while they were in hotel quarantine, over concerns about the “potential risk of cross-contamination and infection” through the use of blood glucose monitors.
    Key points:

Safer Care Victoria is investigating the breach and arranging for precautionary screening
    The monitors which are intended for use by one person, were used by multiple people

Blood glucose testing devices are intended for use by one person multiple times.

However, the monitors were used to test the blood of a number of different people who were in hotel quarantine between March 29 and August 20.

The needles can be changed between each use but the body of the device can retain microscopic amounts of blood, said Safer Care Victoria, the state’s healthcare quality and safety agency.

“This presents a low clinical risk of cross-contamination and bloodborne viruses — hepatitis B and C, and HIV,” the agency said.

The incompetence goes on and on.

This is very basic infection control procedure, should be known by any nurse or doctor, paramedic and even pharmacists who do these tests.

As usual, nobody seems to be responsible for anything.

218. Bruce of Newcastle says:

But nobody ever waxes lyrical about baby crows.

I do. He was a fun kiddie: he acted like he’d died and gone to heaven after finding at Cafe Bruce he could eat as much mincemeat as he wanted. But after three days his family busted him and he was booted far far away.

My poor kookas are at a low ebb. Only two. The male disappeared a few weeks ago. Hatched in my front tree four years ago, came every day since, then gone overnight. His younger sibling is still with matriarch kooka, so he may be a he not a she as I’d thought. I hope they have a nest – there’s a severe lack of nesting sites in the suburb unfortunately, except for the kooka nest box in my front tree. But every time the kookas arrive the dominant indian mynah pair comes over and screeches at them. So they can’t use the nest box. Indian mynahs are unbelievably tough. The last cockroach on Earth after the nuclear winter will be eaten by an indian mynah.

219. Manuel Utz says:

Paul Joseph Watson’s M O D E R N I T Y Parts I, I and III is a masterpiece.

Kudos to having Sam Hyde right at the end too.

220. areff says:

But nobody ever waxes lyrical about baby crows.

Let me put in a good word for them and their parents, which are long-suffering and very dedicated. The babies are quite amusing, playing with things — an empty aluminium pie dish most recently — when their folks when their parents are trying to teach them that the pink ape in the big house puts last night’s scraps on the backyard lawn every morning.

The only thing to dislike about crows is their socialism. One finds a treat in the rubbish and leaves it there while going to fetch the others.

221. Manuel Utz says:

Hey.

At least they stopped the spread of COVID.

222. miltonf says:

As usual, nobody seems to be responsible for anything.

A trend accelerated by ‘I had to eat’ Nixon.

223. areff says:

They’re smart too, those indian mynahs. The moment I chuck the morning’s feed out the back door, a mynah sentry starts screeching and then the rest of them wheel in. The crows have their number, and the wattle birds won’t put up with them, but other birds back off.

224. notafan says:

Crows.

I’ve have a few run ins in the past. Last week had four month old grandson on a rug under the tree, old Mr Crow very soon hanging around the garden, then did a swoop over. I rang my mum later and declared that that baby was never being left outside on his own, not even in pram with a mosquito net.
    Nasty black bird.

225. Bruce of Newcastle says:

Nope, they are attacking the peewees inside.
    If you want to totally frustrate a peewee, set up a big mirror.
    Not blessed with brains, peewees.

226. notafan says:

Noisy mynahs do that too. Car mirrors are anathema.

227. Bar Beach Swimmer says:

New thread.

228. Top Ender says:

World War I was fought by very brave infantry chaps.

They stayed in dugouts in the front lines, rarely leaving them except when sent on attacks.

The attacks always consisted of jumping over the front of the trench, and then running forward. Each soldier was carrying a hundred pounds of useless gear and his rifle.

Before he got to the Germans he was machinegunned, with most of the Allied soldiers dying.

Meanwhile the heartless generals lived in chateaus, where they feasted well while guzzling wine.

This went on for years.

That is all.

229. Bar Beach Swimmer says:

TG,
    In that clip Biden referred to Kennedy’s Sept 1962 speech about the USA going to the moon and said that he was at school at the time – he was in his 20th year – birthdate 20/11/1942 – I guess he had to repeat school🤣🤣🤣

230. Manuel Utz says:

Kek

Academically, he was a poor student but was considered a natural leader among the students and elected class president during his junior and senior years,[9]:40–41[22]:99 and graduated in 1961.

231. Old School Conservative says:

And yet he claims to be a glowbull warmening sceptic. Weird.

Alan Jones has been quite consistent on coal mining in my years of listening to him on 2GB.
    Allow it and encourage it everywhere in Australia except in prime grazing or agricultural land.
    That’s as I understand his position.

232. Manuel Utz says:

We should allow grazing everywhere except in prime mining land.

233. Manuel Utz says:

Hmmm

I really dislike Gmail now, it’s trash.

Had some work stuff on a personal email, it disappeared for month…

Also I had a draft with some family details like wills and so on disappear for no reason at all years ago.

It’s garbage.

234. OldOzzie says:

Richard Grenell explains to Yahoo News journo why President Trump was in Southern California

Richard [email protected]
    3 House seats in play in Orange County. GOP could flip them all. This is a top priority.

You aren’t a very good political reporter.

But you are an excellent Left Wing Advocate.

Hunter [email protected]

Ideally, as a presidential candidate, you want to have a campaign that’s in good enough shape that you don’t have to spend time raising cash in a state you won’t win with just 16 days left in the race. twitter.com/newzysteph/sta…

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump

THANK YOU Newport Beach, California! Now on my way to Carson City, Nevada. Another big crowd, see you soon! #MAGA

235. Gab says:

Old Ozzie, I started out trying to eggstact what egg was cracking up about but I gave up and decided to have fun with some yolks.