Open Forum: October 17, 2020

3,021 Responses to Open Forum: October 17, 2020

1 3 4 5 6 7 13
  1. Spurgeon Monkfish III

Brendan Grylls is making a motza in his private business in the Pilbara

When he isn’t imbibing his urine?? ☹️

2. Steve trickler

JC
    #3622406, posted on October 17, 2020 at 9:28 pm
    This has been swirling around in my head. Let me say first that what Twitter and Facebook did banning the Bunter Hiden graft story and then banning links to it was really bad stuff, proving again what hypocritical arseholes they are.

Having said that, these arseholes didn’t ban the story though as the piece was readily available at the NYPost website.

They are not the internet. Once ISP’s start playing these games. Who knows were we end up? Happy for a few to cop a proverbial fist to the head!

3. Des Deskperson

‘The results in canberrastan and horsefaceville has depressed me’

The results in ‘canberrastan’ are pretty much as expected – except the Greens have done a little better than I anticipated – but for the rest of Australia it matters very little.

One bright spot is that Labor’s Bec Cody – a CFMMEU puppet who rose to fame when she declared that Indigenous motifs on the tiles of a South Coast RSL club restroom were racist and who used to boast about how she voted for Paul Keating in 1993 in her wedding dress – appears to have lost her seat. She reportedly stormed out of the Labor celebrations in, as they say, high dudgeon.

4. H B Bear

Ha ha .It would be hilarious if Basil went Alt-Right on the natives.

Once ISP’s start playing these games.

They already are, which is why I use a VPN to avoid what my ISP thinks I should not see…quite ordinary righty websites.

6. Colonel Crispin Berka

the rest of them look to have re-elected Ardern in a landslide.

And it’s horsey-chops by a full length.

Not surprising since she had the guts to do what hardly anyone else did and which was logical in the circumstance. Total lockdown to eliminate the virus, then open back up with international quarantine being basically the only restriction, no masks, no pub limits, nothing, all normal. You could pan a camera around Stockholm and show a place with life as normal, or you could go to Auckland and see the same, but of course in ConservativeWorld™ only one of these two facts was allowed to be spoken. Two different paths to the same outcome, one with a cost in lives, the other a cost in jobs and money.
    Kiwis were not given a choice, but horsey chops knew where her chaff was buttered and chose cannily. Kiwis gonna kiwi.

7. declared that Indigenous motifs on the tiles of a South Coast RSL club restroom were racist and who used to boast about how she voted for Paul Keating in 1993 in her wedding dress

LOL

What a pine cone.

8. Steve trickler

Jack Conte. Patreon bloke. Censorship. Hello from Gavin.

Stick Pomplamoose up your arse.!

9. Spurgeon Monkfish III

as they say, high dudgeon

Dungeon, Deskie, Dungeon. We all want to stride self righteously into a high dungeon at some point in our existences, I tells ya. 😉

10. Struth

Kiwis voting for tyranny.
    It’s a strange world we inhabit.
    60 years at least of marching through the institutions and our freedom taken without a shot fired……yet.
    1894 was just set in the wrong time period.
    It seems like a quick coup d’ etat, but it really took closer to the combined years of actual violence in the 100 years war, ……the march through the institutions, or maybe history will call it the “Great Infiltration”
    If Trump doesn’t win there is no hope, and not much for us now NZ will be the occupied Island the Chinese will use as an attack base.

11. Colonel

COVID is no worse than a bad cold.

No one ever, ever needed a lockdown; we didn’t have one for a pandemic since the Spanish Flu.

All COVID did was replace the flu. If you trust the death certificates. Did all declared COVID deaths; not just “related” ones (about 94% IIRC) actually see serelogy of the deceased’s blood and so on?

This whole debacle was an exercise in collective madness.

Also note the flu deaths and covid are roughly equal to what flu was last year, or perhaps even less.

Did you get long in Regeneron before the fat Orange Oaf spruiked them?

13. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

If Adern does a belt and roads project with the CCP, are we going to enjoy having the Chinese control more ports in this part of the world?

Half of the ports we entered on our New Zealand cruise a couple of years back were effectively owned by the Chinese already, on 99 year leases as they developed a vertical woodchip industry – all workers and management Chinese in the long-leased Chineser-run plantations, delivery to wharf developed and run by Chinese, and stacked by Chinese in tight rows till put on ships to China to become chipboard or paper in huge mills there. We were told almost no NZ labour was involved. One of NZ’s major exports, all Chinese.

High dungeon and hyper-bowl.

15. “Actual COVID deaths, not just “probable” ones, plus the flu…”

Can someone explain this?

The NSW premier’s corrupt squeeze was apparently selling easy access to Australian visas. The douchebag was a NSW parliament rep and visas are strictly a federal issue. What could he do to help in this area?

17. 2017

1163 people died of the flu in Australia.

That’s worse than COVID and flu this year.

#3622433, posted on October 17, 2020 at 9:55 pm

Can someone explain this?

I don’t understand this either.

I would like to know more. Fake 457 jobs?

No, Dot

I stay away from small pharma. Big mistake this year though.

20. Huck

I’ve got to say, bad umpiring is what’s expected, but what has happened at the Gabba tonight is bordering on cheating.
    These blokes are supposed to be the top 6, but if they can’t discount the noise of affirmation, they’re not worthy of being bottom 6 (or Ray Chamberlain).
    This just stinks of another AFL preferred narrative, however in this case the narrative has been fucked over by a superior team.

21. Exit Stage Right

Never trusted Kiwis.
    They have sold out the West.
    Fuck you all.

22. Struth

Once you’ve lost your mind to coronaphobia propaganda, you might display thoughts like this.

Logical is closing the nation down to the world, in a two island prison, that of course will see covid run through the entire population the very day they open up?
    FMD.
    But of course, they’re not opening up again, and we aren’t either.
    Maximum travel experience under the new Communism, rebranded “Covid Normal” will change often and choices of destination and eligibility to do so will be decided by government.

23. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

What could he do to help in this area?

Probably nothing much, but it wouldn’t stop him from big-noting and trying it on somewhere.
    A few hundred dollars here and there. Don’t forget this is the man seeking praise from the Premier for a deal that would net him five thousand dollars when he owed $1.5 million. Clueless and unrealistic. She seems to have been one of his key sales points. Like Hunter Biden was selling Joe, but without the skills and back-up.

24. Exit Stage Right

Brisbane Lions didn’t turn up at the Gabba.
    Boys versus men.
    They have a problem against real class.
    Never going to win this game, and Geelong looked as if they were going half pace.
    They will never get a better chance!

Get a load of this. Just get a load. There’s also no one there.

26. Albatross

JC
    #3622442, posted on October 17, 2020 at 10:02 pm
    Get a load of this. Just get a load.

This guy’s a dead cert to win though. Gunner, cut your losses mate!

JC, I don’t fully get the visa thing, but from what I can gather it goes like this: –
    The crook takes a chunk of Chunk cash from a Chunk (say $20,000).
    He passes the cash to XYZ Pty Ltd (minus a skim).
    XYZ Pty Ltd “employ” the Chunk to satisfy a visa work test by paying the Chunk back their own money.
    So he claims it was just falsifying a work test.
    I suspect he may have also been trying to grease the actual visa process but evidence of that hasn’t surfaced.
    Prima facie it doesn’t sound like a yuuuge money making scheme in and of itself.

28. I’m loving the Newt!

Newt Gingrich
    @newtgingrich
    Savannah Guthrie makes a good case for Joe Rogan as a moderator . Her hostility and aggressiveness is a case study in media hostility to conservatives. Trump did an amazing job calmly taking her on.

29. Oh come on

Get a load of this. Just get a load. There’s also no one there

That is astonishing.

30. H B Bear

Get a load of this. Just get a load. There’s also no one there.

Imagine doing that for 47 years? You would want to make a motza for that loss of dignity.

Lizzie, I reckon this bloke would take five bucks on the promise of fixing a parking ticket.
    He just loves a dirty deal no matter how small.
    Seriously, in his fifties and on the take for ten years and still $1.5 meg in debt?
    Not just a crook.
    An ineffectual and incompetent crook.

32. H B Bear

At least a Cats v Tigers GF shoul be good. Not like the GWS pretenders last year.

33. Huck

Struth, shut up.
    Just shut the fuck up.
    Nobody (apart from conspiracy theory fruit loops) gives a flying fuck at the moon about anything you have to say.
    Your 3000 word opuses are nothing more than word salad.
    You’re a middle/low intellect with a loud voice.
    Speaking for myself only, but I fail to see how your low brow ranting could inspire anyone except for 50IQ point fucktards.
    Shut the fuck up.

34. Old Lefty

The late NZ PM David Lange had one redeeming feature, his wit. His valedictory speech in parliaywas hilarious, and the high point was: ‘I’m sorry that Winston Peters can’t be here. I can only assume that he has been detained somewhere by a full-length mirror’.

What is your real name “Huck”?
    We need to know!
    Stop hiding in your little yellow truck you, you, you … LNP voter you!
    😀😀😀😀😀

36. Arky

But of course, they’re not opening up again, and we aren’t either.

This is what I think may happen if Trump loses.
    Covid- normal just rolls into Green Nude Eel.
    We all know our pollies will go for it.
    You won’t be flying anywhere anytime without permission under that scenario.
    Trump must win.

37. jupes

All Hail, President Shane Warne, VP Wally Aly.

I reckon Warnie would make a great president. Certainly better than the non-entity who is the current GG.

Dunno about the VP though.

38. miltonf

Warnie might be ok. Better than Chilla.

JC

#3622454, posted on October 17, 2020 at 10:12 pm

Thanks Leigh

That is what I make of it, JC.
    And Lizzie’s take is right I reckon.
    He is a small time back-bench pretender selling influence and favours he hasn’t got and can’t deliver, brought undone by his big mouth.
    But I see your confusion.
    None of it sounds like a Five Star business plan.

40. Struth

Yeah Huck, no worries .
    Will do .

41. miltonf

I wonder if the Queen is pissed off with what her countries have become.

42. NSW MPs get 169k plus a variable electoral allowance of 51k to 143k.

He was on 220k per year at a minimum at current dollars for 19 years.

His debts and lifestyle might have been lavish.

43. Arky

The late NZ PM David Lange

Fat globalist fuckstick who effectively banned US ships from visiting NZ due to nuclear ban.
    His finance minister Roger Douglas went out first and hardest of all western leaders in the globalist push.
    First Labour party anywhere to throw off the old Labour ties to working people.
    Human liquid shit.

44. Shy Ted

132andBush #3622265, posted on October 17, 2020 at 7:55 pm
    Sinc, Please ban Shy Ted for premature posting of the Week In Pictures.

Sinc, please send 132 to the sin bin for not knowing the difference between Week in Pictures and Geek in Pictures. And please ban Mr & Mrs andBush for giving their son or daughter a stupid name. 132! What sort of christian name is that? Unless of course he has 131 older siblings. If that’s the case, well done Mr & Mrs andBush.

45. Actually he would have been on less as party whip. 203k last FY.

46. Oh come on

I mean – I can’t believe Biden’s people allow someone they don’t control to film that.

I see some conservatives are citing the enthusiasm gap between Trump supporters and Biden supporters and are predicting low turnout for Biden. I’m not so certain. There is enormous enthusiasm in the Democrat base. They’ll enthusiastically turn out to vote for a bag of rotten onions if that is the opposition candidate. No end of Biden sleaze will deter them.

As always, it comes down to the independents. This is such a weird election, though – it’s hard to get any kind of bead on what’s happening. Don’t listen to anyone who claims they do.

47. Oh god.

Maguire was previously an advisor to the China Council for the Promotion of Peaceful Reunification of China.

The China Council for the Promotion of Peaceful National Reunification (CCPPNR) is an umbrella organization, founded in 1988, by the United Front Work Department of the Chinese Communist Party to promote Chinese unification between mainland China and Taiwan on terms defined solely by the People’s Republic of China.

😳

48. vlad

49. miltonf

So what was his advise? How to bomb Taipei? What a vile grub.

Legalise Sedition

#3622463, posted on October 17, 2020 at 10:18 pm

NSW MPs get 169k plus a variable electoral allowance of 51k to 143k.

He was on 220k per year at a minimum at current dollars for 19 years.

His debts and lifestyle might have been lavish.

Sedation, one thing is clear.
    He is really, really dim.
    I’ll bet he has been tipped in on the ground floor of a number of hot business opportunities which fell a bit flat.
    Wouldn’t be surprised to find he has the rights to Peter Foster’s Bai Lin slimming tea.

51. Shy Ted

Leigh Lowe #3622456, posted on October 17, 2020 at 10:13 pm
    What is your real name “Huck”?

I think his surname is Fead ( pronounced Fed). Or Foff.
    Sorry, it’s the organic bubbles talking. Drunk ted brought to you by Dan Murphys for $10. Prolly have an organic hangover tomorrow.

52. Fisky

Any Liberal associating with an open fifth column like that should be expelled from the party.

53. Cats, I got lucky today.
    I’d been out on the campaign trail with my billboard trailer behind my truck.
    I entered my property via the lower driveway and came up the steep connecting driveway – where I normally stop, disconnect the trailer, and leave it on the handbrake until I go out again.
    When I head out I get my truck out of the garage, hook up the trailer and exit via the upper driveway.
    It’s been a reliable system.
    But today, as I was putting my truck away, the trailer’s handbrake failed.
    Near-new cable failed at the calliper connection.
    The trailer gathered pace rapidly down the connecting drive way and seemed headed for a solo 3.5km trip down the hill to flatter ground.
    And this is where the luck came in.
    The trailer hung a right onto the front lawn and the barbed wire fence caught it like the arresting gear on an aircraft carrier.
    Tomorrow I’ll be shopping for a better quality cable…

Just to get things in perspective. The left calls the New York Post an unreliable right wing rag.

The New York Post is the longest living continuous newspaper in the US founded by Alexander Hamilton.

55. miltonf

Gladishocklian is ramming through quite a lot of the Dick-tator’s program north of the Murray e.g. Late term baby dismembering and destroying power stations. Liddell is the Hazelwood of NSW. Glad I voted informal in the LA.

Sounds like an Aldi bag with black bean sauce on the first Wednesday of every month.

57. Bear Necessities

I’ll think you see a split base for the Democrats. The True Liberals will come out because they hate Trump but will Blacks come out?

If you look at absentee ballot returns in Ohio and Michigan, Cuyohoga (Cleveland) and Wayne (Detroit) lag the other counties in percentage of returns. I think the Democrats have another black turnout problem.

58. Bar Beach Swimmer

And what does it say about the Liberal Party pre-selectors for the Division of Wagga Wagga? Didn’t know anything about what he was doing in all the years he held the seat?

Arky
    #3622457, posted on October 17, 2020 at 10:14 pm

But of course, they’re not opening up again, and we aren’t either.

This is what I think may happen if Trump loses.
    Covid- normal just rolls into Green Nude Eel.
    We all know our pollies will go for it.
    You won’t be flying anywhere anytime without permission under that scenario.
    Trump must win.

We are leaving on a crucial day Nov 3rd (not by design I add).
    I do have a strange feeling that Pres Trump may actually lose.

I hope I’m wrong.
    I’m a keen punter on the greys and on horseflesh but never on politics.😢

60. Dr Faustus

In a statement, Biden campaign spokesman Andrew Bates said, “we have reviewed Joe Biden’s official schedules from the time and no meeting, as alleged by the New York Post, ever took place.”

So, didn’t happen.

But:

Biden’s campaign would not rule out the possibility that the former VP had some kind of informal interaction with Pozharskyi, which wouldn’t appear on Biden’s official schedule. But they said any encounter would have been cursory.

So, might have, but “cursory”.
    You can get a lot done with informal cursory – and a big wodge.

61. Huck

I hope you’re being genuine Struth.
    I don’t come here often anymore, but it’s incredibly frustrating when I’m trying to catch up on OT’s and I keep encountering your half page screeds saying the same thing over and over and over again.
    The ABC of safety critical communication is this:
    A – accurate
    B – BRIEF
    C- CONCISE
    Please take note of B & C.
    I don’t think you’re a bad bloke, just please, give us all a rest.

Report in on the results.
    I reckon wines free of sulphites result in fairly mild hangovers.
    Just a bit of dehydration.
    No headache or wonky guts.

63. Bear Necessities

The Lions got beaten. They’ll look back on this as a big wasted opportunity. They didn’t get physical with the Cats. They need more mongrel! Too many pretty boys with long hair and tattoo’s.

Not only. There’s also a complexity problem. A former trader pal told me he received his and he really had to study it very carefully to avoid making a mistake. This is a smart dude. It’s not easy to fill in and one mistake will send the ballot into the trash. I’m not certain demons realized this when they were peddling it.
    Some estimates suggest there could be a 20% rejection rate and most of these will be demonrat voters.

65. miltonf

China’s Ambassador to Canada, Cong Peiwu, warned the country on Thursday that, if Ottawa cares about the “health and safety” of Canadians, it will not extend a hand to help Hong Kong refugees fleeing a wave of communist repression.

So what are these psychopaths actually planning to do? Another pestilence maybe. Fuck they are evil.

66. Huck

Leigh, if you really want to know just email Sinc.
    Happy to talk to you IRL.
    I’m not a bad bloke as some others here will attest.

Just to understand this complexity thing. US government forms needing to be filled in are an absolute freaking nightmare. There’s zero care to make them easy to read and understand. In fact it’s the opposite, they are deliberately made up so the “filler” fucks up.

68. Pedro the Loafer

The cure for a cheap plonk hangover is a gutful of fried dimsims and hot chips washed down with with Coca Cola, and none of tha “no sugar” swill, either.

A low key alteranative is cold Dominos meat lovers pizza and iced coffee.

69. This cracks me up every time.

It’s hard to hate the Scientologist midget.

Dot, Marv is a suspected serial killer.

71. EvilElvis

Four of those WA towns that the Nationals’ Mia Davies wants to shovel $250 mill of taxpayers money into would be better off being bulldozed into the dirt, planted with spinifex and spiny cactus, fenced off and declared “no-go”zones for a thousand years.

Someone needs to mention to Mia that lightening doesn’t strike twice.

And seriously Pedro, spinifex and cactus will need $250 million thrown at it to take root between Bunbury and Albany. Like Mia’s plan, it just won’t take.

H B Bear

#3622451, posted on October 17, 2020 at 10:10 pm

I got to thinking about the AFL vs NRL today.
    The AFL expansion putting two clubs in both Brisbane and Sydney might have just survived if things had kept rolling along.
    But TV rights money is going to be decimated, and running four loss leaders in a hostile market is a luxury they can’t afford.
    The NRL move with one club in Melbourne has been a raging success by comparison.
    What the AFL have done is the equivalent of the NRL putting two clubs in Melbourne and two in Adelaide.
    In other words, lunacy.

73. Marv is a suspected serial killer

WTF!?

So Sexual Healing was about ashing his victims and using them as fertiliser?

74. Pedro the Loafer

North, Elvis, north!

Spinifex will take over if you go away for a weekend.

Wheatbelt propagation might be a problem, but perhaps Patterson’s Curse and skeleton weed would be a suitable replacement.

The SouthWest is cool. Spend money everywhere except Dunsborough and Margaret River, the West Oz version of Byron Bay.

Huck

#3622490, posted on October 17, 2020 at 10:39 pm

Leigh, if you really want to know just email Sinc.

Sorry about the confusion Huck, but that was just a play on something from earlier today which you probably didn’t see.
    The “3,000 word salad opus” guy demanded I give him my real name because … just because.
    As if.

76. Colonel Crispin Berka

Legalise Sedition #3622427

COVID is no worse than a bad cold.

• Long covid. Lasts weeks, sometimes months. Never happens to anyone from a common cold.
    • SARS. Never happens to people from a common cold unless they are immunocompromised (which makes them equally vulnerable to everything so it says nothing for or against covid19 to point this out).
    • The infection fatality rate (0.3%) was 6 times higher than the flu even with a surplus of medical care available, which was therefore also a product of the isolation response to covid19 and cannot be taken as inevitable over all conceivable courses, plus pretty much nobody dies of a common cold so it’s many more times higher than a common cold.

No one ever, ever needed a lockdown;

The death rate is now known to be low enough, and the efficacy of antivirals now identified is high enough, that we do not need lockdowns, but that is with the luxury of knowledge gained long after action was first needed. I did say it was logical under the circumstances, which is back in March not now.

All COVID did was replace the flu.

This is a non-argument, as it reduces to the trivial statement that everyone will die from something one day, so why try to ward off Death at all? Totally cynical. In the countries that people have tried to support this statement with a “dry tinder” argument, it is cherry picking places that had a slow preceding flu season. If these deaths had been a 1-to-1 swap with the flu then all-cause mortality should be the same as the previous year. A study of 18 countries by Bilinski & Emanuel published on Monday found countries with higher Covid19 deaths also had higher excess all-cause mortality compared to normal years.
    The deaths from covid19 in Italy were so bad that Italy has been hiding their all-cause mortality statistics since then. Army trucks lining up to take bodies away from hospitals is not a normal flu season in Italy. It sure as shit doesn’t happen from “a bad cold”.

77. Struth

Sorry Huck, but get yourself a scroll wheel.
    No one has to read my posts, I’m no louder than anyone else, (here’s the clue, it’s visual, not audio) and compared to many who live here and post every thirty seconds, I come for a while or two , some days not at all.
    Now you might be a complete tyrant and want to tell people whether or not they can post here, ( you wouldn’t be alone) using terrible language I’d never fucking contemplate, worthy of being told to fuck off, but your outburst made me feel sorry for you.
    Even though it made me smile.
    For some reason, it’s tourettes style amused me. I liked it.

78. Armadillo

Spot on. This could well be the key to the election result.

Trump has been urging voters to show up at the polling booth “in person”. Those votes will be validated.

The “mail out/in votes” will be contested,

79. mh

I’d say this weekend’s NRL final matches were slightly inferior to what we normally see.

But then it’s still been a good season. Well done Peter Vlandys.

80. Forgive me for Reddit, but they say it could have been a couple of others.

Sam Cooke, Dean Martin, Jerry Lee Lewis, James Brown, Ike Turner.

Others say they went full Kangaroo Court and just post any old shyte like Homer Simpson’s Mr X.

Di Bain is in the lead for Lord Mayor of Perth. Could be interesting – she’s married to one John Poynton, who has a finger in a lot of pies in Perth, and an arm up to the shoulder in several..

82. Steve trickler

Goolag employees are some of the most disgusting creatures on Planet Earth.

83. EvilElvis

North, Elvis, north!

Ah, shit. Had the dozer warmed up and we’re not(?) pushing Bunbury to Albany into the drink?

My mistake…

84. Armadillo

Mail ballot votes being dumped all over the place is an indication of where this is going.

The high court will probably have to rule on it. My guess is that they will side with those in standing in a queue in the pouring rain.

85. Struth

I also told you I didn’t want your name Frank, I was just using you as an example of elitist behaviour and how it should be confronted.

You’re nothing to me, I don’t want your name, KD’s or anyone else’s here , as you know I’ve already told you.
    Never have.

Now, you seem to need this place 24/7 so I would suggest you stop being a smart arse as Sinclair won’t be impressed with the outcome.

86. Armadillo

There will be plenty of evidence that mail out ballots are fraudulent.

87. Steve trickler

In my job. You have to learn to shut your mouth.

Hello Julie.

Armadillo
    #3622511, posted on October 17, 2020 at 11:06 pm

It sounds like a slow moving trainwreck.

At least they stopped bullshit in Michigan where the Demons were attempting to count/stuff the votes after election day. The state supreme court said. Na.. that’s bullshit. Not happening.

Michigan appeals court strikes down two-week window to count ballots after election

Ruling a win for President Trump, a loss for state Democrats who argued they couldn’t trust postal service.

89. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Covid- normal just rolls into Green Nude Eel.
    We all know our pollies will go for it.
    You won’t be flying anywhere anytime without permission under that scenario.

Terrifying scenario, Arky. One imagines though that there would be a fair bit of push-back from many interest groups – airlines and tourism operators for a start. But I get your point. Enough lunacy at the right levels can produce all sorts of unforeseen outcomes. The lesson of history tells us that.

The Green Nude Eel is an horrific dragon if really let loose.
    And we’re already at the ‘Cultural Revolution’ stage in some aspects of life already.
    Cancel culture. Police state. Dear Leader. Rationing for a purpose and belt-tightening for same.
    Leftist march through the institutions and tight controls of freedom to speak.

90. Armadillo

It would be absurd for a high court to rule any other way, once they are presented with evidence. Project Veritas has already proved the point. It’s the tip of the iceberg.

Expect to see more of it.

91. Interpreted literally, that is a demonstrably false claim and you should know better already.

No it isn’t a “demonstrably false claim”, take your hand off it.

COVID lasts months but the cold cannot? Are you actually sure about that? Please cite something authoritative. There is no microbiological reason why COVID can go on for months but a cold cannot.

I know people who went to that wedding at Bulli Tops. about half of them got the coof. Half of them were asymptomatic. The other half said weak to mild cold, and an older guy had a bad cold.

??? SARS and MERS were other forms of coronavirus/es. Take out the over reporting now and they’re really not much different.

If you believe all “related deaths” were actually from COVID. They weren’t! 94% were bullshit.

The death rate is now known to be low enough

It’s almost 20 times lower than you suggest.

All COVID did was replace the flu.

It’s not a “non-argument” at all.

MORE people died in 2017 (could be 2018) in Australia than the flu and COVID this year.

COVID is such a non-threat that without a vaccine we have a lower death ate and what we are doing now (locking people up in confinement) increases their chance of “dying from COVID”.

I’m not cherry picking anything at all. Make a chart if you like. Compare the combined mortality rate this year in Australia to the last 10 years of influenza deaths. It’s not even out of the ordinary.

What data are they using? Are they including the other 94% of “related” deaths? Then it is total bollocks.

Italy’s population pyramid is exceptionally skewed into old age.

They locked down. A lot of people died. They locked down on march 9 2020.

Eighteen to 20 days later, their death rate peaked.

Maybe they shouldn’t have locked down and kept their elderly in the dark and out of fresh air?

92. min

The only country that does not appear to have another wave of Covid , is China . I am not includingTaiwan because it has had zero waves. However it might be no news let out like the floods and Three Gorges Dam .

93. Steve trickler

Family Court in Perth.

Some of the worst people on Earth gather around these Judges. Biting your tongue has its places.

Fucking horrible people.

Seven weeks to live: Death row inmate, 43, will become first female federal prisoner to be executed in 70 YEARS after strangling a pregnant woman and cutting the baby girl out of her womb in 2004

Lisa Montgomery, 43, choked her victim, Bobbie Jo Stinnett, 23, with a rope before using a carving knife to take out a fetus from the womb
    The murder happened in 2004 and Montgomery was sentenced to death in 2007
    Her execution has been scheduled and will happen on December 8, 2020
    The U.S. government has not executed a woman since 1953
    Trump administration ended informal 17-year-hiatus of federal executions in July
    Since July, seven federal inmates have been executed

Daily Mail. First woman executed since 1953 would be an honor that one would quite willingly forgo..

95. Huck

Ok Struth, I’ve tried being nice, but here it is.
    You’re a loud mouthed know it all know nothing.
    A simpleton who can spout a word salad with some semblance of lucidity.
    When it comes down to it, you’re nothing more than any other dumb fuck bogan who believes that putting up a 3000+ amalgam of cliches and motherhood statements makes you some sort of folk hero.
    In reality, you’re just a low rent, low IQ piece of shit with a big mouth.
    Give it a rest and shut the fuck up for a little while.

Ladies please. It’s not that sort of blog.

97. Let’s keep in mind COVID takes 2-14 days to show symptoms after infection.

So 18-20 days after a lockdown starts, the death rate peaks after rapidly inflating for the past two weeks prior.

It really points down to the lockdowns making people vulnerable.

Family Court in Perth.

Fucking horrible people.

The Family Law Court is the seventh circle under the pit of Hell, if you have the misfortune to be born male. If you are suffering that particular Court, I can only wish you strength and endurance – you will need all of them.

99. mh

Sadiq Khan
    @SadiqKhan
    My warmest congratulations to @jacindaardern on your re-election as Prime Minister of New Zealand.

Looking forward to continuing London’s special relationship with NZ based on our shared vision for an inclusive, fairer and greener future. #NZElection2020

100. Huck #3622524, posted on October 17, 2020 at 11:25 pm

Why hold back Huck?
    Tell us what you really think!

101. Armadillo

Absolutely. The high court will see this exactly for what it is.

Can you imagine your local Australian council sending out ballots to every household for an election? Or a State Government? What would happen?

102. Huck

Salvatore, Social Distance Martyr
    #3622529, posted on October 17, 2020 at 11:34 pm

C’mon Steve, I was actually being nice in asking him to back off a bit.
    Unfortunately the dumb fuck couldn’t help but double down.

103. Basically, society is too large and complex to do detailed testing and contract tracing. If there are no or very few confirmatory tests, the whole system is just nonsense.

For illustrative purposes, we assume 650 healthy Members of Parliament (MP) attend the House of Commons on Monday to Friday and are tested on each day, with a test that has specificity 96.6% (that is, 3.4% of healthy individuals test ‘false positive’). In this scenario, of 650 healthy MPs tested on day 1, then 23 (3.4%) would be expected to test (false) positive. Assuming these 23 now self-isolate, when the remaining 627 MPs return the next day, 21 (3.4% of 627) would be expected to test (false) positive, and so on, until at the end of the second working week 190 MPs would be self-isolating: see Figur

A proportion of those who get false positives then die from other causes. Let alone those who have it but don’t from it, but “with” corona virus.

104. Steve trickler

Zulu Kilo Two Alpha
    #3622527, posted on October 17, 2020 at 11:31 pm
    Family Court in Perth.

Fucking horrible people.

You be surprised at the activity under Hay Street in Perth.

105. Armadillo

It’s a really bizarre situation when you think it through.

Steve trickler
    #3622534, posted on October 17, 2020 at 11:41 pm

Zulu Kilo Two Alpha
    #3622527, posted on October 17, 2020 at 11:31 pm

You be surprised at the activity under Hay Street in Perth.

Not children in tunnels surely?

107. Doctors are terrible at statistics and and it is amazing they understand calculus well enough to pass their biology and chem subjects.

108. Far out!

The Lancet
    Respiratory Medicine

False-positive COVID-19 results: hidden problems and costs

Elena Surkova
    Vladyslav Nikolayevskyy
    Francis Drobniewski

Published:September 29, 2020DOI:https://doi.org/10.1016/S2213-2600(20)30453-7

Globally, most effort so far has been invested in turnaround times and low test sensitivity (ie, false negatives); one systematic review reported false-negative rates of between 2% and 33% in repeat sample testing.4

Reference for 4:

A working paper.

Arevalo-Rodriguez I Buitrago-Garcia D Simancas-Racines D et al.

False-negative results of initial RT-PCR assays for COVID-19: a systematic review.
    medRxiv. 2020; (published online Aug 13, 2020.) (preprint)

109. Steve trickler

It was fun removing Julie Bishop’s safe when she got booted. Cracked it of the floor. AFP watched the show.

True story.

110. Colonel Crispin Berka

Dot

The bottom line is that if you have to claim the death counts are fake then there can be no productive discussion. What is the point if you can claim the facts are whatever you prefer them to be.
    That figure of C19-attributed deaths being “94% bullshit” is a remarkable precise figure, and that is how I figured out where you got that from, and also why you have been misinformed by people who ought to know better.

Regarding colds, it is a strange double standard that you can make sweeping statements about microbiological mechanisms without a citation in sight, but if I repeat something that has been in the news for 3 weeks I’m the bad guy. Jo has covered the mysterious symptoms that are nothing like a common cold.
    • Fog http://joannenova.com.au/2020/10/covid-brain-fog-the-survivors-who-forget-whole-holidays-cant-recognise-their-own-car/
    • Cardiac http://joannenova.com.au/2020/08/three-quarters-of-covid-mild-illnesses-show-heart-damage/

They locked down. A lot of people died. They locked down on march 9 2020.
    Eighteen to 20 days later, their death rate peaked.

Heheh. You’ve just given the evidence that lockdowns work at curbing the death rate without realising it. Peaking means it maxed out and turned the corner and then began decreasing, and that turn was 18 days (a typical death delay) after limiting spread through lockdown. Cause and (delayed) effect. It would be really weird if lockdowns did not work at reducing deaths from c19 when they did reduce the incidents of regular influenza by a tonne.

111. Lazlo

You do not need calculus to be a biologist or chemist – they are empirical sciences that do not require second order derivatives to inform their analysis. That is, unless you are studying populations, especially longitudinally, which enters the realm of statistics.

In that regard you are quite right. I prefer my doctors to be good clinicians. But I prefer my Chief Health Officers to have some grasp of statistics – a skill notably lacking in Jeanette Young, Kerry Chant and Brett Sutton.

112. Colonel Crispin Berka

Gah! In moderation. Maybe I can repost without the hyperlinks and fool the spam detector, here goes.
    _ _ _ _ _ _

Dot

That figure of C19-attributed deaths being “94% BS” is a remarkable precise figure, and that is how I figured out where you got that from, and also why you have been misinformed by people who ought to know better.

• Fog joannenova.com.au/2020/10/covid-brain-fog-the-survivors-who-forget-whole-holidays-cant-recognise-their-own-car/
    • Cardiac joannenova.com.au/2020/08/three-quarters-of-covid-mild-illnesses-show-heart-damage/

They locked down. A lot of people died. They locked down on march 9 2020.
    Eighteen to 20 days later, their death rate peaked.

113. Steve trickler

Huck.

You are a useless piece of shit!

114. mh

Courier Paywall

$3.5M: AUSSIE PUNTERS’ ‘BAFFLING’ BETS ON TRUMP
    Punters are betting millions on Donald Trump’s re-election, ignoring polling numbers for the prospect of a massive payday. SEE WHAT THEY’RE BETTING

115. Gab #3622539, posted on October 17, 2020 at 11:46 pm
    Not only the cops, but they sikked DHHS on the hairdresser today.

It’s a very effective tactic Gab.
    It’s the one way they can shut down an “outlaw business”

Issuing a fine just gives the “outlaw business” something to roll tobacco in.

To trade, a business must have a Health Dept approved “Covid Safe Plan”, or they’ll be awful unlawful & not be able to prove they’re hygienic.

Covidsafe plans are usually drawn up by the relative industry association, & all businesses in that industry download & print a copy of the plan. Cops & other inspectors don’t even bother to read mine, coz they know it will be kosher, written by the Hotels Association.

However an “outlaw” business, one that isn’t even allowed to open, does not have a plan, & there is no template for them to use to draw one up.
    So they not only have to draw one up, all on their own, they then have to get it approved by, in this case DHHS. (Good luck)

It’s a cunning & very wicked trick.

That’s how they got Harry the menswear of Berwick too.

116. Armadillo

Joe Bidens gone the full on “it’s a smear campaign” thingy.

He reminds me of a cornered snake. Lashing out because he’s got nowhere to slither to.

The really interesting thing is this. None of the Dems are rushing to his defence. Where’s Kamarla? Where’s Pelosi?

He’s shot.

117. The bottom line is that Jo Nova was totally wrong. Absolute junk science.

Calling out dying from diabetes, with COVID, was not a COVID death, is not a claim that “diabetes protects you from COVID”. What a stupid article.

Forget 94%. Repeated samples gave a false negative rate of 2% to 33%. The Lancet noted estimates of false testing (not confirmed) in the UK were 0.8% to 4.0%. It is likely that 2% of anyone that dies with a cold or flu comorbidity gets counted as a COVID death.

Um, no, the death rate before the lock down was marginal. It shot up on the lock down.

Unless the Italian government picked it perfectly.

Without a mechanism, this is just an anecdote. A cold can’t do that. Only COVID. No other coronaviruses though? No. Only COVID!

Really?

mh – Ladbrokes holding eight times more on Trump than Biden.

119. Ah yes, a “Covid Safe Plan”.

That will protect us all.

Didn’t work out for aged care, did it?

120. twostix

Does anyone actually remember anything “Huck” has ever posted in this place?

At least now at least he’ll be remembered for one post in his long unmemorable posting career here, that one post about struth’s posts.

LOL.

Struth’s basically a mini Trump in this place at the minute. it’s hilarious how he enrages the usually invisible bank clerk level professional middle class midwits here, in the same way that Trump enrages, well, the very same, in society at large. Literally a blinding rage that he, a simpleton, a “bogan”, a nothing, has an opinion on things.

Doesn’t he know who has an degree in Finance and makes $115,000 a year?! How dare he!

121. mh

stackja
    #3622556, posted on October 18, 2020 at 12:12 am
    mh – Ladbrokes holding eight times more on Trump than Biden.

Good to see Aussies spending their Super, Jobseeker, Jobkeeper, and Jobdodger payments wisely.

Kamala seeing herself in the WH so not worrying about Joe? Nancy as Kamala VP? Of course, they assume USA voters are gullible enough to elect Dems.

123. Does anyone actually remember anything “Huck” has ever posted in this place?

Don’t think I’ve seen this “Huck” before.

124. jupes

Basil Zempilas is the new Lord Mayor of Perth.

125. Armadillo

At this rate, Ivanka is going to be the first female US President.

126. Beavis and Butthead are disgusted at US consumer credit lending rules.

Beavis and Butthead – Teen Mom

127. Pedro the Loafer

Basil Zempilas is the new Lord Mayor of Perth.

Godalmighty.

My opinion of Perth City ratepayers just took a giant nosedive (sic).

128. twostix

ACT election

The re-elected Chief Minister has finished by paying tribute to his family, his husband Anthony, and his “broader Labor family”

Oh Canberra.

Never change.

129. Knuckle Dragger

‘Only thing is, I’ve got a shit of a temper and very fast fists, even though I’d be no no match for 91kg of lean muscle.’

Snork.

Keep that gif from 7.39 please, put it up every time the egg_roomba spacks out.

Potential greatness.

130. twostix

Just your average ACT Labor MP (“MLA”).

131. At least Barr’s tax policies seem good.

At the end of the day, he’s a mayor and has no more responsibility than a mayor of a US city; the police are outsourced and the Feds can take over any time.

Chief Minister.

Chortle.

132. Steve trickler

Basil Zempilas is the new Lord Mayor of Perth

He’s as useful as tits on Bull. Steve Mills can join him. As can all the staff 882 6PR radio Perth. Disgusting radio station. All staff involved.

133. twostix

134. Armadillo

Ladbrokes holding eight times more on Trump than Biden.

What’s your point? The book may well tell a different story.

Different odds, different bets and in different time frames.

The very term “holding” is another question altogether. A book is all about risk.

135. Armadillo

Ladbrokes saying they are “holding” eight times more for Trump means nothing.

136. twostix

If it’s true that in Canberra Liberals ran on “rate cuts” then lol. That’s all they could find to run on?? Won’t someone save us from softcock “economic liberals” who insist on losing 100% of elections??

Armadillo – I only quoted story in answer to another post from mh.
    Scroll back if you want to.

138. Armadillo

The book never lies, and Ladbrokes wouldn’t be exposed to a market like that.

They have been about quite a while. There is a reason for that.

Arma

Ladbrokes saying they are “holding” eight times more for Trump means nothing.

If that’s the case, shouldn’t the weight of money push the odds down below Hiden?

140. jupes

My opinion of Perth City ratepayers just took a giant nosedive (sic).

LOL.
    It could have been worse. Deros aren’t too happy with the result.

That is Trunp’s odds below Hiden.

Nobody in an Australian parliament does.

143. Bar Beach Swimmer

JC,
    How does someone manage to get hold of and use someone else SSN and why would he/she? It seems that Obama has.

SSN are easy to get hold of. I recall a bank from down south called me out of the blue one time and said I had not paid a card. Never had a credit card with them. Someone has swiped my ID.

There used to be an industry in SSN theft. Don’t know now.

Explain the Obama thing?

145. Armadillo

JC, theoretically, mathematically and logically yes. It makes absolute sense. But no.

You have to factor other stuff into “the book”. For example, you would be taking bets on individual US state races and so on. The best way I can explain it is that you can’t make money on a two horse race.

Then you need to take into account your own appetite for risk. Good bookmakers generally set a level of risk, otherwise they become punters. You “layoff” to those more hungry for risk.

There is much more to it than that, but I don’t believe for a second that Ladbrokes will be going broke on the US election.

JC, I’ve seen you post about stocks and shares, and appetite for risk. It’s similar in a way, but you take a longer term view. An average horse race takes minutes. Then the next one starts. And the one after that. And the next one.

The book is the only thing you can trust in, if that makes sense.

The US elections are basically punters placing bets, and bookmakers holding them until the situation becomes clearer. It’s a long race. They go through nominations with a decent sized field. In many cases, people punt with their hearts, rather than objectively. The punter gets “owned” by party affiliation and commitment to a cause.

It sort of explains why Biden is still favourite. They are flogging a dead horse. He’s shot.

146. Armadillo

Has anyone ever had shares in a racehorse?

You get invested in it. He’s your boy, destined to win. A couple of wins here and there, a bit of payback. You gloss over his failures.

Then you realise that the trainer, jockey and close associates have been running races on the side, and winning big prize money.

That’s Joe Biden. Sleepy Joe. A donkey disguised as Phar Lap.

147. Armadillo

Fine Cotton described as Phar Lap would be more apt.

More stuff coming out from the US.

He’s shot.

148. notafan

Twistux
    Huck is a train driver.
    That would generally considered a ‘working class man’

Mini Trump 🤣🤣🤣

Huckleberry Chunkwot was has old posting name. Been here on and off as long as I have. Train driver but now a desk jockey.

Memorable posts? Just this year and on the effects of Covid lockdowns on mental health – a few observations of incidents and stats re suicide by VicRail.

No broad, sweeping, dazzling generalisations that may or may not be true. Just man on the ground stuff.

150. Herodotus

If computer were as smart as they are alleged to be, they wouldn’t keep telling me they are going to update and restart “out of normal active hours” which I have specified, and instead greet me early in the morning – when I want to actually use the computer – with the once-again failure to do so.

151. 132andBush

Shy Ted,
    Please accept my humble apologies.

152. David Brewer

How about a thread on this and this re Biden?

153. Bar Beach Swimmer

JC,
    I’ve just started reading the book Unmasking Obama by Jack Cashill. The premise of the book is that despite the MSM arguing that his presidency was scandal free, that was not the case. The SSN is an example of the media’s disinterestedness in anything untoward about him.

According to the book, prior to late June, 2011, all SSN had a prefix – the first three numbers were a geographical indicator of state of issue, since then that number descriptor has been removed.

So, Obama’s SSN has as its prefix a Connecticut origin, despite him having never lived there with an issuance date between the years 1977 and 1979. The researcher discovered that he was 26 when he first used this SSN, but at that time he was living in Chicago. Further research showed that the number was ‘first assigned in March 1977 to a person born in 1890…[that person would have been 87 at the time] the fact that a number had been assigned to an [aged person] did not strike [the researcher] as extraordinary…widows of that generation applied for Social Security in their own names only after their husbands died.’

But at that time Obama was a 15 yr old living in Hawaii – the Hawaii prefix was 576 – and Obama’s half-sister had the Hawaii one. The 10 preceding SSNs to Obama’s and the following 10 were checked. All of them were issued in March 1977 in Connecticut with the one he received issued on 28/3/1977.

In June 2010, WorldNetDaily (WND) journalist Les Kinsolving asked at a WH press briefing about the number. Robert Gibbs, the press secretary, laughed it off and tried to connect it to the birther stuff. That was as far as the story went – but no one was interested and being deliberately connected to the birther stuff in the press briefing was done to discredit the actual story of why Obama was using a possibly fraudulent SSN.

Later, the best explanation proffered by different media was that it was a simple clerical error – the argument being that his zip code in Hawaii was one digit different from one in Connecticut. But the researcher discovered that ‘none of the three Hawaii zip codes in which Obama once lived had a viable counterpart in Connecticut. Two did not exist, and the third was reserved for the exclusive use of Union Carbide. No one in either the MSM or on the responsible right followed up on [the] research. Despite all the questions about Obama’s origins, journalists had less than zero interest in exposing what could have been a career-killing scandal.’

A week or so ago I commented on two travelling companions who were immigrants from South Africa, and their take on Swedish culture. Seems they weren’t pulling my leg.

“I finally saw how it works here because people don’t seem to break rules … and people are really good at following guidelines,” she said.

“[Culturally], they’re naturally almost set up for it.”

They trust their government. I wouldn’t but they do.

155. Zyconoclast

Arky
    #3622501, posted on October 17, 2020 at 10:54 pm

The hairdresser made an interesting point. The dog groomers next door is open an un-harassed.

Seems Victorians can be unkempt an demoralised but not their dergs.

One of the tools of tyranny – dehumanise your proles.

157. Tintarella di Luna

There used to be an industry in SSN theft. Don’t know now.

Explain the Obama thing?

Marnie seemed to have at least half a dozen kept in the back of her mirror compact

158. rickw

Sellers remorse, very common when it comes to machinetools!

159. Cats, I got lucky today.

Gravity and trailers can be a devilish combination.
    Back (eighties) when I was principal of Petrie Special School the local Lions club donated us the use of their catering van at our annual school fete. It was a well-equipped set-up, custom built, and pretty heavy. Their generosity may have something to do with the fact that the president’s wife was the P & C secretary. Hubby was too busy to deliver it on the Friday before the fete, so she rocked up in hubby’s Land Cruiser with the van in tow.
    We had selected a spot on the high side of the school grounds so everybody could see it. The state school and special school shared the same grounds. Below this dominating spot was a row of demountable classrooms interspersed with some mature and sturdy eucalypts.
    Secretary towed the van to the spot. It took a while, as she seemed a bit unfamiliar with hubby’s truck. We (the male teacher and me) unhitched the van, and signaled Secretary to drive off. Somehow she got confused and selected reverse. The Cruiser gave the van a big nudge, knocked it off the chocks we’d put down, and sent it heading for a demountable full of kids.
    There was a tree a few degrees to the right. No words were spoken – telepathy took over and we used the tow-bar frame to steer it towards the tree which it hit with a dull thump, discomforting a couple of Magpies which had been watching with interest.
    The paperwork that would have ensued if the van had hit the classroom would have been a nightmare. There was a dent in the van, but expensive stuff like tail light fittings etc was unscathed.
    The fete was a great success. It raised enough money for the P & C to buy a fifteen seater minibus a a Q Fleet auction.
    Trailers and gravity – always a bad combination…

160. rickw

Dickhead Dan’s dictatorship:

161. notafan

It isn’t a choice he’s making?

That’s as far as I could stomach.

162. notafan

On Twitter the sheeple are adamant, haircuts kill, yes they had one in March, but they were terrified.

163. Knuckle Dragger

A Complaint of Karens.

A Class Action of Karens.

Thanks WIP. Thanks Tom.

164. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

A cringe of Karens

165. Knuckle Dragger

‘Train driver but now a desk jockey.’

A Geelong man, but still. Huck’s a good egg.

166. Interesting article on Aussies in Sweden and their observations of the Swedish response to Covid.

A quote from the same article –

I think that most Swedes trust that the government agencies will make good, well-founded and grounded decisions,” he said.

“And whilst they may not like the decisions or rules, they at least follow them. I don’t think that people in Australia have the same level of respect for government agencies.”

Evidence for that appears daily here, and explains why the Swedish model wouldn’t work in Oz. You need everybody following the rules where this virus is concerned. Even if only 1% (which is probably the percentage of those holding extremist opinions such as those posted here) don’t, it takes off.

The concept of herd immunity related to this virus remains a hypothesis, and the damage done to the Swedish economy is little different from that to the other Scandis. And it can be eliminated. Ask the Kiwis.

167. notafan

Nah

It’s a Twitter of Karens

Without doubt.

168. rickw

You want to get Vikpol to turn up? Tell them there’s someone on the street with a flag:

169. notafan

Swedes didn’t all obey the rules, recent immigrants hard hit there.

Recent immigrants hard hit here.

Old Australians hardly any, unless in a nursing home of course, ditto old Swedes.

170. notafan

Classic high trust society v low trust society.

171. miltonf

It’s like Stalin and the Kulaks in Melbourne now. A full on assault an small/medium business.

172. rickw

Dickhead Dan at his best:

173. rickw

Every Victorian with a welder should be looking at this and taking design notes:

Classic high trust society v low trust society.

The South African academics I mentioned were delighted with their new home and only too willing to fit in, given what they had come from. Others, it seems, not so much.

As is said here often – culture matters.

Knuckle Dragger

#3622630, posted on October 18, 2020 at 7:36 am

‘Train driver but now a desk jockey.’

A Geelong man, but still. Huck’s a good egg.

I didn’t see that he had moved to a desk job.
    I’ll make sure I call him a shiny arse next time he drops in.
    I did like his little gif tribute to the wobbly ovum too.
    And his review of some of the Great Literary Works posted here was right over the target.

176. feelthebern

Observation & question.
    During the same time, NRL coaches have been incredibly blunt.
    Example, wtf was the Brisbane Lions coach babbling on about last night?
    Versus, Roosters coach last week, “we weren’t good enough, that’s on me, I need to be a better coach”.

177. feelthebern

AFL coaches sound like the current crop of NBA coaches & increasingly like a lot of EPL coaches.
    NRL coaches sound like the current crop of NFL & college basketball & college football coaches.
    I know which I’d rather model myself on.

178. notafan

I did know Huck was doing cctv reviews now but the point was the nonsensical ‘credentialism’ from the Vicsneerer.

Mini-Trump!!
    Is … um … that a compliment?

Doesn’t he know who has an degree in Finance and makes $115,000 a year?

Hate to break it to you, stix, but if you are more than eight-ten years out of a decent Uni with a Commerce degree and you are only pulling $115k, you are probably fetching coffees and dry-cleaning for the big boys.

180. notafan

I get the sense the French have had enough.

Unlike Australia, teachers are very very highly regarded and they seem to have retained more males (I’ll check that) so enormous outrage that a teacher was hunted down and decapitated.

This follows Macron making school compulsory from age three to try to stem indoctrination by the usual suspects.

The socialist left encouraging multicultural whatever must be in despair.

181. Knuckle Dragger

‘Over the past month, AFL coaches seem to babble a lot of googled pseudo management terms in press conferences.’

This is the cult of ‘management’ in action. A cult – not culture – based on ‘leadership retreats’, symposia, butchers’ paper on easels, whiteboard markers, breaking into syndicates for group responses to hypothetical challenges, coloured fucking hats and a lexicon the boffins at Bletchley Park couldn’t decipher.

182. rickw

John MacArthur, the political choice in The USA is now defined by morality:

Example, wtf was the Brisbane Lions coach babbling on about last night?

Buzzword bingo.
    I didn’t see it, but I bet there were “learnings” and “growth as people”.
    I now see it on the local news (not that there’s been much sport being played).
    Otherwise ordinary blokes who coach a little local team go into full AFL cliche-mode when interviewed.

184. Knuckle Dragger

Managementese phrases and things I have banned being said or done, or especially written anywhere near me:

‘What that looks like’
    ‘In this space’
    ‘Fit for purpose’
    ‘The broader outlook’
    ‘Tackle’ (except apropos of the footy)
    ‘Drill down’ and ‘deep dive’
    ‘Machinery of Government’
    ‘Whole of Government response’
    ‘holistic’
    ‘Park that’ and ‘take that offline’
    ‘Stakeholder engagement’

There’s more, but I had a Mexican pork schnitty last night and it’s starting to bubble. With rage.

185. Knuckle Dragger

‘learnings’

GAH.

186. Rockdoctor

rickw
    #3622639, posted on October 18, 2020 at 7:43 am

Mate told me because he knew it would interest me was how in the Solomon Is in 2003 they were handed over a home made tank based on a D6 or D9 bulldozer, Machine guns mounted on it and the areas round the side & back welded steel plate as the front armour was apparently the dozer blade. The dozer was lifted from the Gold Mine on Guadalcanal. Most of the task force thought it was quite ingenious. Will send him a message to see if he has photos of or knows where some are.

187. rickw

The wrecking of everything continues apace, 100 years of alpine shooting coming to an end:

188. Bear Necessities

Of all the AFL coaches Damien Hardwick is probably the straighest shooter. When talking about Tom Lynch’s indiscretions his reply was “We play on the edge things happen”. Fair enough.

189. rickw

Will send him a message to see if he has photos of or knows where some are.

Good! Arky needs some tips for the armouring of the model A!! He’s thinking about spaced armour filled with the rubble from his driveway.

190. Mother Lode

That Baka Hirono woman doing her best to mimic a sensible person will be needing to disendorse Biden soon.

Joe said:

The idea that an 8-year-old child or a 10-year-old child decides, you know decided, I want to be transgender…. I promise you there is no reason to suggest that there should be any right denied your daughter….None, zero.

Is he suggesting being trans is something you decide? It is a choice?

191. feelthebern

I’ve looked at doing an MBA.
    It’s a vanity project that I’ve binned.
    From the introductory courses they all have, I’ve drawn the following conclusions.
    US MBA’s are all about networking & plugging big tech into what ever you do.
    Australian MBA’s are all about management speak & doing business with governments.

When I did the introductory course for the Sydney Uni MBA, over 50% of participants were public servants.

192. Knuckle Dragger

Bandwagon time.

And. I don’t know where the practice of beginning work emails with ‘Hi’ came from, and it’s dug itself in well and truly now but I will go to my grave stamping it out.

‘Hi’, as if you’re giving somebody a cheery wave after happening on them in a coffee shop somewhere before wittering on about the weather or the latest Live Laugh Love wall hanging you got or something.

‘Hi [KD]*. I just wanted to touch base and see if there was a supply chain issue with hot dogs coming from waaaa naaaa rah de rah waaaaaaa….’

No. NO. Unless you’re a mate, in which case the greeting won’t be ‘Hi’ either, you’re sending me an email because you want something, or you want to complain about something so fuck right off with ‘Hi’, because you’re not fooling anybody.

*Almost doxxed myself by accident there. Phew. Then I would have had to pretend it was deliberate, and run a Liability Bob-style ‘out and proud’ campaign.

‘Park that’ and ‘take that offline’

I used to compete with a bloke I worked with at these seminars.
    See how many items we could get on the “parking lot” butcher’s paper, as a measure of raising subjects which piss off the facilitator.
    Ten points for each one. Five points off it came out of the parking lot without prompting.
    Loser buys the winner a bottle of Burgundy.
    Oh what lads we were and what mischief we got up to!

Ratville.

For Sixth Year Running, Chicago Dubbed Nation’s ‘Rattiest City’ by Orkin Pest Control (16 Oct)

The 119-year-old pest control company rated America’s biggest cities based on the number of rodent treatments performed by its nation-wide army of pest control employees.

“As reported in the spring, the pandemic-driven closure of restaurants forced rodents to find new food sources. Without food waste to consume, these pests were seen scavenging new areas and exhibiting unusual or aggressive behavior,” Orkin noted in its press release.

The company reported that Los Angeles, New York City, Washington DC, and San Francisco fill out the top five worst infested cities.

Chicago, Los Angeles, NYC, DC, San Fran…there’s something about those cities. I wonder what it is?

195. rickw

BP, 11:00, most people are running out of money….

196. Cassie of Sydney

Roshan Salih is a well known anti-Semite…just like the Toowoomba racist.

Oh by the way, has anyone seen a post where the Toowoomba racist has condemned the atrocity in France…just imagine the screeds he’d have written if the perpetrator was a white Christian or Joooowish male.

The Toowoomba racist is a hypocrite.

197. Cassie of Sydney

“Brendan O’Neill on the murder of Samuel Paty”

O’Neill gets it.

198. feelthebern

Sydney Uni has this MBA called the “Global Executive MBA”.
    Cost is $100k over two years, plus travel expenses.
    Travel expenses are for 4 overseas “learning experiences” in cities around the world.
    They had a huge waitlist for it, not sure now since I looked at it pre-COVID.
    Seems like an expensive way to buy travel buddies.

199. Knuckle Dragger

If conscripted (morning Four Leaf Tayback) into such seminars it is essential to have an offsider, otherwise you are condemned to a slow death.

When speaking, quote lines from movies without anyone realising except said offsider. The more obscure the better. Tombstone. Blue Murder (the one with Richard Roxburgh in it). Any Eastwood movie, except the bridge one.

It’s the only thing that keeps the spark of life alive.

200. Ed Case

***Despite all the questions about Obama’s origins, journalists had less than zero interest in exposing what could have been a career-killing scandal.’***
    Obama is 3rd Gen CIA, his Grandma signed off on the books for Nugan Hand Bank, GrandDad had been in OSS, Barry’s mom later married an Indon Colonel and was in Indonesia in 1966 when the CIA pushed the KMT domino over in that Country.
    The American Media showed zero interest in any of that, Barry not having a valid SSN was just one more
    detail to be overlooked.

201. feelthebern

The Oz email alert.
    “Victorians set for more freedoms”.
    Can they please stop this.
    Victorians are to be granted, by decree, a less onerous abuse of their human rights.

‘Stakeholder engagement’

The colloquial term is “sausage-holder meeting”.

For example, “Clean up the shop, we have the sausage holders coming around this afternoon.”

Allow me to unpack that for you …

203. Des Deskperson

‘In Canberra the working class vote Liberal, the professional class public servants vote Labor and the rich people vote Green.’

And yet down in the Tuggeranong Valley – derided by the ABC as white, uneducated working class and one of the few areas where the Liberals did well in the 2019 Federal election – it looks like the Liberals are going to to lose a seat.

The Liberals aways had an uphill battle because the Hare-Clarke system of voting – I believe – makes it hard for a single party to govern in its own right. The Labor party, although it has claimed victory, is unlikely get the 13 seats it needs to do that and will have to rely – once again – on an alliance with the Greens. Even if the the Liberals had won more seats, they would have almost certainly have to rely on some sort of – probably unachievable – alliance with a minor party.

Tis doesn’t explain the swing against the Liberals of about 3%. Their campaign was a poor one, promising reductions in rates and improvements in services without in any way explaining how they would do it. The Greens, on the other hand, may pick up a third seat. The reason for this aren’t immediately clear, but I suspect some of it is a ‘progressive’ protest against Labor’s alliance with developers.

Labor, BTW, seems to have won about the same level of votes as in 2016. There is no evidence yet of any swing to Labor.

204. vr

Sydney Uni has this MBA called the “Global Executive MBA”.

i wouldn’t do an MBA at any Australian university

I did one about 15 years ago.
    It was more of a defensive career measure than anything (coming up to 40, plenty of competition in the job market, looking to add something to the CV) and I managed to get the boss to pay for it.
    Almost a complete waste of time.
    Apart from the management speak bullshit, a lot of it had overlap with undergraduate and even high school level stuff.
    There were about two or three units of any real value, which could have been crammed into a two week course.

206. Shy Ted

1735099 #3622621, posted on October 18, 2020 at 7:22 am
    Cats, I got lucky today.

Quite messy for the kids, too. Priorities, eh, FantasyBob.

207. feelthebern

Allow me to unpack that for you …

Hey-Zeus.
    “Unpack” is a term that when you see if, gives you the best indicator of mild retardation.
    Or “unpick” as a certain poster used here earlier this year.

208. Knuckle Dragger

45 tearing Biden’s presser technique (ie, reading the Q&A notes provided him by the meeja) during a rally.

Mentions again that he’s not a politician, to the cheers of the crowd.

Excellent.

Would you like a maturity model with that?

210. Cassie of Sydney

From The Oz….

“Nine arrested over teacher’s ‘terrorist’ beheading in France

Teacher ‘assassinated’ for discussing images of Prophet Mo*ammed in Paris

People stand in front of flowers and candles next to a placard reading ‘I am a teacher, I am Samuel’ at the entrance of a middle school in Conflans-Sainte-Honorine, 30kms northwest of Paris, where history teacher Samuel Paty was decapitated.

French anti-terrorism police have arrested nine people after an 18 year-old refugee beheaded a schoolteacher for showing pupils controversial cartoons of the Prophet Mo*ammed.

The nine people arrested include two parents of pupils at the College du Bois d’Aulne, the parents of the killer, his 17-year-old brother and his grandfather.

The terrorist, a Chechen refugee from Moscow, identified as Abdoulakh A, attacked and decapitated the teacher Samuel Paty, 47, with a large butcher’s knife in the town of Conflans-Sainte-Honorine, northwest of Paris, on Friday. He posted a grisly image on social media saying “From Abdullah, the servant of Allah, to Macron, the leader of the infidels, I executed one of your hell dogs who dared to belittle Mu*ammad,” He was later killed by police.

Mr Paty, 47, had shown his pupils cartoons of the Prophet Mo*ammed in a class about freedom of expression more than a week ago. Pupils said he told Muesli children participation was optional and they could leave the class if they felt they would be offended.

But several parents were outraged and began a social media campaign demanding Mr Paty’s sacking. One parent had shared a video on social media, calling Mr Paty a thug and telling others to “join forces and say ‘stop, don’t touch our children’”. The half-sister of this parent is subject to an arrest warrant having joined Islamic State.

Another couple were also detained by police, having gone to the school to complain about the teacher and demanding his dismissal and joining in social media activities.

Prosecutor Jean-Francois Ricard said Abdoulakh had asked pupils from the school on Friday afternoon to point out the teacher. A photograph of the teacher as well as a note claiming responsibility was found on his phone.

Abdoulakh was not a pupil at the school and lived 100km away in Normandy.

French Prime Minister Jean Castex said France would react in the “strongest terms”.

“I want to share with you my total indignation. Secularism, the backbone of the French Republic, was targeted in this vile act,” Mr Castex said.

French president Emmanuel Macron said, “One of our compatriots was murdered because he taught the freedom of expression, the freedom to believe or not believe.”

The attack comes amid heightened tensions as the trial is underway of 14 alleged accomplices of Islaaaaaaamists who massacred 12 people at Charlie Hebdo’s offices in 2015.

Last month two video journalists were seriously injured in an attack outside the former Charlie Hebdo offices.

A Pakistani suspect for that attack said he was angered by the decision of the magazine to republish controversial cartoons of the Prophet Mo*ammed.

Charlie Hebdo’s Twitter account said soon after Mr Paty’s killing: “Intolerance just reached a new threshold and seems to stop at nothing to impose terror in our country.”

211. feelthebern

I suppose it all comes done to who is running the course.
    About 15 years ago, one of Australia’s now best (& therefore lowest profile) fund managers taught part of the Macquarie Uni Masters of Applied Finance.
    A couple of mates of mine were lucky enough to participate.
    One of which has worked for said fund manager for the past 10 years.
    Since his mid-thirties, he’s worked because he wants to, not because he has to.

212. Cassie of Sydney

From The Oz….

“Nine arrested over teacher’s ‘terrorist’ beheading in France

Teacher ‘assassinated’ for discussing images of Prophet Mo*ammed in Paris

But several parents were outraged and began a social media campaign demanding Mr Paty’s sacking. One parent had shared a video on social media, calling Mr Paty a thug and telling others to “join forces and say ‘stop, don’t touch our children’”. The half-sister of this parent is subject to an arrest warrant having joined Islaaaaaaaaamic State.

Abdoulakh was not a pupil at the school and lived 100km away in Normandy.

213. Cassie of Sydney

“Des Deskperson
    #3622681, posted on October 18, 2020 at 8:35 am”

Thanks for the run-down DD. I suppose the Libs are now the permanent party of opposition in the ACT…just like they are in QLD and Victoria.

214. Knuckle Dragger

‘maturity model’

Oh my God.

A mature discussion. The process has yet to mature. A matured policy on X.

215. feelthebern

Cassie, I haven’t followed it much, but a previous report said the muesli’s were openly discussing their planned violence on fb for 48 hours.
    Did you see that?
    If true, great to see fb with it’s priorities right.

216. EvilElvis

‘learnings’

We’ll circle back on that, KD.

And give it some more robust analysis.

217. Ed Case

The Liberals aren’t the permanent Party of Opposition in Qld.
    The Campbell Newman Legacy [appointing Labor Maaates, sacking Liberal Public Servants]
    is hard to overcome, but i’m confident of an LNP victory on October 31.

218. Cassie of Sydney

“feelthebern
    #3622697, posted on October 18, 2020 at 8:48 am
    Did you see that?
    If true, great to see fb with it’s priorities right.”

Not surprised Bern.

Meanwhile FB and Twitter will routinely censure and kick off people like Avi, Gavin, Milo and Laura who have never, ever advocated violence.

Meanwhile FB and Twitter are awash with anti-Semitism (ninety percent of which is from a certain religious ideology who follow a peterfile prophet).

Meanwhile FB and Twitter censure feminists like Megan Murphy who say, rightly, that transwomen aren’t women.

Priorities I suppose.

Knuckle Dragger

#3622677, posted on October 18, 2020 at 8:33 am

Zoom seminars could open up a whole new sport in facilitator baiting.
    The worst development in recent years were the online training modules. Usually a series of banal video-parables about the Diversity and Inclusion subject du jour, each followed by multiple choice questions. If you get the questions wrong it keeps taking you back to variations of the question until you get it right.
    It is basically putting everyone through the sheep-dip so the Board can say that 99.6% of employees have been trained so please don’t sue me.

220. MatrixTransform

The dog groomers next door is open an un-harassed

I have it on good authority that you can take your poodle to the poodle-groomer but, you cannot have the poodle-groomer go to the dog.

and only Maximum Dan can get a haircut.

they worked all these little details out last time Andrews and Sutton managed saved us all from a pandemic

1 3 4 5 6 7 13