Monday Forum: October 19, 2020

3,943 Responses to Monday Forum: October 19, 2020

1 2 3 16
  1. Gilas

I know how you feel, Megan…

2. Megan

In Townsville

Shhhhh! Let’s not alert the numerical nutcase.

3. Megan

I know how you feel, Megan

Winning isn’t everything, Gilas. Out participation ribbons are waiting.

4. Fred

Daniel Andrew’s apology for laws against homosexuality makes for interesting reading. It’s as if he’s talking about the police state he’s created.

“I suppose it’s rare when you can’t even begin to conceive what was on the minds of our forebears in this Place. But I look back at those statutes and I am dumbfounded. I can’t possibly explain why we made these laws, and clung to them, and fought for them.”

“I can inform the house that six men have now successfully applied to expunge these convictions from their record. Many more have commenced the process. This won’t erase the injustice, but it is an accurate statement of what I believe today: … that these convictions should never have happened … … that the charges will be deleted, as if they never existed …… and that their subjects can call themselves, once again, law-abiding men.

“Expungement is one thing, but these victims won’t find their salvation in this alone.”
    This parliament and this government are to be formally held to account for designing a culture of darkness and shame. And those who faced its sanction, and lived in fear, are to be formally recognised for their relentless pursuit of freedom and love. It all started here. It will end here, too.

To our knowledge, no jurisdiction in the world has ever offered a full and formal apology for laws like these. So please, let these words rest forever in our records: On behalf of the parliament, the government and the people of Victoria …For the laws we passed. And the lives we ruined. And the standards we set.… we are so sorry … humbly, deeply, sorry.”

5. Megan

Clearly there is a party happening on the old fred. They clearly prefer the louche and disreputable ambience there rather than the clean and shiny Monday model.

We shall endure until they realise what they are missing.

I wonder how the future will judge Daniel Andrews?

7. Farmer Gez

Credlin gives big hints on why Unified Security got the job.

Judge Coate should get a copy of Chairman Dan’s Xmas card list. You might just find who got the early mail.

8. feelthebern

Farmer Gez, you’ll trigger struth.

9. Farmer Gez

I got the hint from another source, not Credlin.

Maaaates!

10. caveman

Credlin on the war path , she’s not giving in.

11. Maybe I can help you people with a problem shifting into 3rd or 4th.

12. vlad

A headline online:

New Zealander says Victorian government ‘made us feel like criminals’

I can only say to her, “Welcome to Victoria.”

13. Wallace

Are AFL players part of the union?

14. Some History

vlad
    #3624946, posted on October 19, 2020 at 7:02 pm
    A headline online:

New Zealander says Victorian government ‘made us feel like criminals’

I can only say to her, “Welcome to Victoria.”

15. vlad

This from Katharine “Murpharoo” Murphy this morning:

Katharine Murphy
    @murpharoo
    Fair to say Andrews has had enough #auspol
    11:31 AM · Oct 19, 2020

Armadillo
    #3624889, posted on October 19, 2020 at 6:22 pm
    Biden is shot.

When? How? Corn popped?

C’mon man!

17. Fair Shake

So where are the polls showing how much Vics stand by Dan still? Awfully quiet, why would that be?

18. hzhousewife

Andrews is mentally unbalanced, imho.

19. Conspiracy Theory of the Day.
    Something to ponder with cigars&brandy in the lounge.
    The Melbourne anti Lockdown protests are being controlled by the Cabal agents aka Color Revolution crew.
    These people don’t play.
    Awwwww sheeeit. Is it possible?
    Crisis actors?

I don’t get these Biden car rallies.

Presumably everyone stays in their car to remain Covid Safe, whatever that is. Then they get out of their cars and stand on the running boards.

Why not just turn up without the car? You could fit more people in.

21. Top Ender

Bruce of Newcastle…Cities in Flight (James Blish)

Yeah, read them as a young bloke, also a few others by Blish.

Also everything I could get my hands on from Heinlein, Asimov, Arthur C Clarke, and later Pournelle and Niven, and Joe Haldeman.

22. Why not just turn up without the car? You could fit more people in.

Hehehehe
    I lol’d
    🤣🤣👌👌

Calli

I think the 13 people that show up have the choice of either sitting in the car listening to Hiden trying to rattle off from an oversized teleprompter or getting out of their cars then standing in huge marked circles listening to Hiden rattle off from an oversized teleprompter. It’s about choice.

24. Tintarella di Luna

hzhousewife
    #3624958, posted on October 19, 2020 at 7:14 pm
    Andrews is mentally unbalanced, imho.

From what I have seen of Daniel Andrews I am concerned that he has intellectual deficits — he’s the Chauncey Gardiner of the Garden State

25. vlad

Chauncey Gardiner was a benign non-entity.

Dan is a sociopathic megalomaniac.

27. Assange & Snowden must be pardoned.
    Pronto.

28. custard

The chatter around the mobile WhuFlu isolation unit business is Jayco and what they are not doing.
    Apparently at the order of Gerry Ryan they will no longer attend any caravan show unless it’s free (for their site space) *
    I think the punters will judge this badly because surely if you were in the market for a caravan you’d have a reasonable expectation that the nation’s biggest brand would be on show.
    I’m afraid at this stage I’ve been unable to fully reconcile why they came to this conclusion.

*the caravan industry association has already leased their traditional site at WA’s biggest show. Jayco normally sell around 200 at this particular show.

29. Nick

30. Snoopy

Ka ching!

31. Crap I put my gmail rant on the other thread.

Has anyone else ever had disappearing mails in gmail?

I got locked out of my account for no reason at all almost two years ago now.

More endearing stuff from the Orange oaf.
    Talking about the debate moderator coming up on Thursday US time.

She’s always been terrible & unfair, just like most of the Fake News reporters, but I’ll still play the game. The people know! How’s Steve Scully doing?

Take note.

34. notafan

Late 80s Nick? After Black Monday?

35. Tintarella di Luna

Chauncey Gardiner was a benign non-entity.

Dan is a sociopathic megalomaniac.

Yes, vlad you’re right, of course Chauncey was benign and simple-minded – I’ve read too much into the simple-mindedness of a man who lived in a bubble without experience of the how the real world works.

36. Speedbox

woohoo. Top 60. Winning.

37. Nick

No Nota. Kennett was premier in the 90’s

I was going to claim 1st but 3 of you claimed that spot already, same for 3rd, so have to go for 2nd.😢

Macron has been incredibly unpopular, with his high taxes and stupid lockdown policy.

However now he has something to rally people to his side … am I too cynical?

40. Was that a tweet, JC?
    Or a quote?
    Has to be a tweet.
    Unbelievable. Are you not entertained?!?!?!!!
    🤣🤣🤣
    We’ll never see his like again

41. Some History

1 & a halfst

How’s Steve Scully doing?

He’s really switched on.
    Good, because the next “moderator” has been outed as a big time Dem.
    The entire debates commission needs to be exiled to Afghanistan.

43. OldOzzie

Richard Grenell explains to Yahoo News journo why President Trump was in Southern California

Richard [email protected]
    3 House seats in play in Orange County. GOP could flip them all. This is a top priority.

You aren’t a very good political reporter.

But you are an excellent Left Wing Advocate.

Hunter [email protected]

Ideally, as a presidential candidate, you want to have a campaign that’s in good enough shape that you don’t have to spend time raising cash in a state you won’t win with just 16 days left in the race. twitter.com/newzysteph/sta…

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump

THANK YOU Newport Beach, California! Now on my way to Carson City, Nevada. Another big crowd, see you soon! #MAGA

I’m afraid you’re well off the mark, Tinta.

45. Will the Wall be finished before the end of next year?
    $1.50 favourite.
    MAGA UNLEASHED

46. What happens when you dog-whistle.

Too drunk to be in charge of nukes: Royal Navy officer on nuclear sub dubbed ‘HMS Sex and Cocaine’ is ‘sent home in disgrace after arriving for a shift drunk and clutching a bag of BBQ chicken’

Lieutenant Commander Len Louw, 40s, was ‘not in a fit state to be in charge’
    The Royal Navy officer arrived for shift drunk and holding a bag of BBQ chicken
    Alarmed crew members of the HMS Vigilant alerted ‘higher ups’ when he arrived

Daily Mail.

48. Armadillo

Hunter who?

Quick, send it to Trump.

He loves saying “Where’s Hunter”? In the current climate of censorship, “Who’s Hunter” is a much better speech line.

49. At least he brought enough chicken for everyone.

50. Jeff Kennett gave an astute summation of post Andrews Melbourne. I’m no Dan fan, but boarded up shopping strips reminds me of Melbourne during Jeff’s reign.

The difference this time is that Victorians aren’t fleeing to Queensland in droves because the border’s closed.
    Small mercies…

72 in about two hours.

Will the Wall be finished before the end of next year?

No. But it’s going pretty well.

Campaign 2020’s missing issue: the wall (Surber, 17 Oct)

I try to notice the things that are missing. It’s the silence is golden approach to politics and journalism.

The biggest silence in this presidential campaign is the Mexican Wall.

Astute observation. The Dems and the MSM have stopped talking about the Wall. They’d only do that if the focus groups and the polls said the Wall was popular. Which it is, especially amongst legal Hispanic Americans.

53. notafan

I wouldn’t call it cynical Tel.

Pretty disgusting to suggest president of France would orchestrate decapitation of school teacher for political capital.

There was an attack at Charlie Henson a couple of weeks ago and in total 22 terrorist attacks in France since 2017 with a total of 21 deaths and 73 injuries including that of hero police officer Arnaud Beltrame in 2018.

Is musl are doing it for themselves.

54. Cassie of Sydney

“cohenite
    #3624974, posted on October 19, 2020 at 7:28 pm
    That great cricketer and all round RoP kunt imran fucking khan defending the beheading of the frog teacher.”

He’s long been an apologist of Islaaaamic terrorism.

55. notafan

Cheers Nick. I have memorise of Puckle Street being half empty must have been before 1992.

The difference is that at that time most of those who came were retrenched public servants.

This time the majority will be productive types.

And they’re welcome.

57. Cassie of Sydney

“Tel
    #3624990, posted on October 19, 2020 at 7:45 pm

However now he has something to rally people to his side … am I too cynical?”

No Tel but we’ll see what Macron does….they talk the talk but they rarely walk the walk…especially when it commes to dealing with Islaaam…the fundamental problem in France, the UK, Belgian and other European countries is that they have simply allowed too many adherents of this religion into their countries.

58. Crossie

Jacinda Ardern stated in one of her speeches “Let’s get moving”. She left out “to Australia”.

59. Eyrie

Me too. Add in the great Poul Anderson. As soon as I saw “Scranton” I was going to mention Cities in Flight but BoN beat me to it.

What happens when you dog-whistle.

If you hear the dog-whistle, Numbers, you’re the dog.

61. H B Bear

Katharine Murphy
    @murpharoo
    Fair to say
    Andrews has had enough #auspol
    11:31 AM · Oct 19, 2020

The usual suspects clearing the decks for when da bruvvas rissole Chairman Dan. Can’t be long now.

62. Cassie of Sydney

“Bruce of Newcastle
    #3625016, posted on October 19, 2020 at 8:02 pm
    What happens when you dog-whistle.

If you hear the dog-whistle, Numbers, you’re the dog.”

BoN….that’s an insult to dogs. They’re noble creatures unlike the racist.

63. Armadillo

LOL. From our ABC……

Pictures from the Republican event in Nevada strongly indicated that it exceeded the state’s current restriction on gatherings of 50 people or more, with very few masks in evidence

Full story here…

64. Crossie

However now he has something to rally people to his side … am I too cynical?”

Cassie and Tel, I am hopeful that Macron may “grow” in office.

65. Fair Shake

Go Peta Credlin. Lining up the dots on Unified.
    Finishing piece goes on to mention potential corruption of government contracts with PPE.
    Back in February, friend of mine had access to PPE, fully accredited. Rang Vic Government approx 10 times a day for 2 weeks to provide at cost plus 10%. Could not get past the front desk. Vic Government did not want to know. MSM was going full hysteria on the crisis we had to have. Vic Government going full retard.
    At the same time a number of construction companies were reaching out for PPE. My friend was confident of getting a small deal with a worldwide shortage of PPE in full bloom. ….Then nothing. All quiet. A day later advised his PPE would not be needed by construction. vic government front desk apologised and said they could get no response from above.
    All PPE for vic construction was routed thru one contractor. Owned by someone sounding like Nik Ratto.
    Now Credlin appears to be linking Unified to the same connections.
    Keep digging PETA, the bodies are close.

Peking will pick over the remains.

67. H B Bear

“Tel
    #3624990, posted on October 19, 2020 at 7:45 pm

Relax, I’m sure he is only a moderate Mozely.

Manuel Utz

How was your first experience with MarkL?

Did he slip it in gently or was there much friction and smoke whilst riding?

69. Crossie

H B Bear
    #3625017, posted on October 19, 2020 at 8:02 pm
    Katharine Murphy
    @murpharoo
    Fair to say
    Andrews has had enough #auspol
    11:31 AM · Oct 19, 2020

Andrews has had enough? That’s really rich. How about the rest of Australia has had enough of Andrews? We could do other things with the federal money going to prop up Victorians not allowed to work.

Is Dan Andrews still Premier of Victoria?

71. Cassie of Sydney

“Crossie
    #3625020, posted on October 19, 2020 at 8:04 pm

Cassie and Tel, I am hopeful that Macron may “grow” in office.

Am not sure…although I was impressed with Macron back in June when he stood up and forcefully pushed back on the vandalising and desecrating of statues. Macron stated unequivocally that it will not be tolerated in France…whereas Johnson in the UK was quiet.

72. Tintarella di Luna

I’m afraid you’re well off the mark, Tinta.

Yes, yes I know Roger , I need to see an optometrist pronto.

Seven News had one of those stories last night. Pearl clutchingly the reporter squalled at all those horrible righties not wearing masks or social distancing. Seems he forgot Trump was down with the ghastly fatal coronavirus last weekend and recovered in a day.

Yes, yes I know Roger , I need to see an optometrist pronto.

Btw, I’m still to try guacomole & Stilton.

That was it, wasn’t it?

75. Cassie of Sydney

“Stilton”

My favourite cheese.

Extra time, personal laptops: disability provisions for every NSW school
    Private schools applied for HSC disability provisions at a higher rate than public schools last year, while more than 1000 students required someone to read them their exam.
    Christopher Harris, The Daily Telegraph
    October 19, 2020 7:19pm

More than 1000 students sitting their Higher School Certificate exams on Tuesday are not expected to be able to read their exam papers unassisted, with the number of functionally illiterate students almost doubling in the last three years.

The number of students “with low reading ability, as demonstrated on an accepted reading test” and who qualified for someone to read them their exams jumped from 595 students in 2016 to 1167 last year, according to NSW Education Standards data.

Across school sectors, 14.3 per cent of private school students enrolled to complete the HSC last year had applied for disability provisions compared to just 8.5 per cent of public school children and 11 per cent of pupils in Catholic schools.

Private schools were slightly more likely to have their disability provision requests rejected, with 114 private school students having their applications denied while 834 were only partially approved.

77. Crossie

Roger
    #3625022, posted on October 19, 2020 at 8:05 pm

Peking will pick over the remains.

The Chinese may end up owning the Shaky Isles but we will still get their population. I don’t see Jacinda or any other NZ commie deciding to move to China after the takeover, not even to Hong Kong.

78. Nick

Snap, Nota. I was also thinking of Puckle St, but it wasn’t the 80’s

79. Arma, did you see Vernon Jones, ex Dem congressman, crowd surfing at a Trump rally?
    Rock&Roll Presidency.
    We have to enjoy this.
    It’ll never happen again.
    This is what Winning feels like!
    😃😃😃

80. Be nice egg.

I thought the manual ute was taking the piss out of others, but you’re too emotionally invested to remember that you pointed out how equating that with masculinity was stupid.

“Stilton”

My favourite cheese.

Especially when accompanied by a real ale.

Working my way thrugh ‘Food in England’, Cassie.

It’s a feast!

82. Tintarella di Luna

Btw, I’m still to try guacomole & Stilton.

That was it, wasn’t it?

Yes roger, it’ll be a hit at any BBQ or as the nibbles at sunset cocktails (particularly with some Bellini or Aperol Spritz) Chin chin —

83. Crossie

Once again, we err by thinking that reporters, er journalists, actually know what they are talking about. I will do my best to impress on my grandkids that the media are ignorant idiots.

The NSW minister for education and the Director of education should be horse-whipped. Look at these pair of arseholes. Good on Latham for exposing the fucking sex activists now running the education dept, all allowed by the either weak bastards and bitches in charge of it or with their complicity.

I am hopeful that Macron may “grow” in office.

I think that might just be a “non”. Today:

Macron in last-ditch Brexit punishment with threat to devastate UK with energy blockade (19 Oct)

EMMANUEL MACRON confirmed that the EU would launch a devastating energy embargo against the UK if Boris Johnson refuses to give in on fisheries.

If I were Boris I would park the Royal Navy in the Channel and say to Macron stick a baguette up his bum. Then detail every frog trawler and country shopper boat. It would be immensely popular.

And I’ve no problem with that.

As long as we can still deport the undesirables.

87. Nice Until We’re Not (Office Space Spoilers)

Black Pilled

88. Cassie of Sydney

“Working my way thrugh ‘Food in England’, Cassie.

It’s a feast!”

Fabbo…it’s a remarkable book.

Right…I’ll report back with the data.

90. miltonf

What an arrogant little turd macaroon is. Makes Holland look look appealing.

Fair Shake

#3625021, posted on October 19, 2020 at 8:04 pm

Go Peta Credlin. Lining up the dots on Unified.

Rumour is that the recipient of the PPE contract was an entity controlled by two brothers who are Labor donors.
    The daughter of one works in Dan Xi-Man’s office.
    Allegedly.

92. custard

“We’ve got the most energy in the history of politics “ @realDonaldTrump #MAGA2020 #Landslide2020 let’s do another escalator…#Winning

From Twitter

Free Mannington Bradley!!!

94. Tim Neilson

So in NSW you can be a functionally illiterate high school graduate?

At schools and in tertiary education, if you apply for and get any sort of “special consideration” it should be permanently included on your record. You’re always at liberty to explain to a prospective employer what it was about.
    A NSW law lecturer told me that in his law school it’s just routine for students to apply for special consideration every year. Things like “anxiety” are common. I think an employer ought to know if someone has got a degree on the basis that every set of exams they did was judged leniently because they got “anxious”. That would be useful information if the person was applying for a job in an area where tight deadlines were common.

95. Seriously, look at the first few photos in that strange ABC article Arma posted.
    It’s a completely fake campaign.
    Hunter Biden is going to bring down the temple.
    The Lord works in Mysterious Ways

Fabbo…it’s a remarkable book.

I love the way she writes, “It’s silly to do this; instead, try that.”

My grandmother comes to mind.

Oops, detain not detail.
    Macron should be renamed Micron.

98. Chelsea Manning should be free.

If he “betrayed” people, think of what his political superiors did.

99. Cassie of Sydney

“Roger
    #3625059, posted on October 19, 2020 at 8:22 pm
    Fabbo…it’s a remarkable book.

I love the way she writes, “It’s silly to do this; instead, try that.”

My grandmother comes to mind.”

Before Jamie, before Nigella…good cooks spoke like that..such as Delia and the late Keith Floyd

100. Crossie

Sadly though Boris isn’t what he used to be. COVID-19 couldn’t defeat Trump but seems to have flattened a much younger Johnson.

101. So in NSW you can be a functionally illiterate high school graduate?

Ridiculous.

Makes it harder for people with legit reasons. Dead relatives? Well that can be special consideration but maybe not, plus you should get checked out for depression and mental illnesses. You shouldn’t be depressed about relatives dying.

The retard who engages in slanging matches with Numbers?
    A bookish boy who never rode “chook chasers” and thinks mastering a clutch is macho?
    My daughter learned to drive on a long wheel base manual 80 series diesel Landcruiser on a farm.
    He’s a sad little fuck.

Fair Shake

#3625021, posted on October 19, 2020 at 8:04 pm

Go Peta Credlin.

Try not to post the “C word”, Fair Shake.
    “Credlin”.
    It triggers a few snowflakes here.

104. Crossie

Roger
    #3625047, posted on October 19, 2020 at 8:18 pm

And I’ve no problem with that.

As long as we can still deport the undesirables.

Where to? Hong Kong or Beijing?

Manuel Utz

I hope you’re not “high maintenance”, I hear he has low technical aptitude and is all thumbs.

106. Hunter indulging in illegal/evil acts with young people.
    The abused becomes the abuser?
    Who is “Joe Biden”?
    Who is “Barack Obama”
    No one has the balls to look under the rock.
    No disrespect. It’s far easier not to.
    Blue pill.
    Or Black Pill?

107. Ah yes, law school.

You need to know when you’re getting sick beforehand to get SC. Plus you need it for an assignment extension.

Dishonesty has ruined kindness and reasonableness for everyone.

108. Gunner

We’re all black/red pillers now.

109. Maneul is cool, let’s give him a chance please.

It triggers a few snowflakes here.

Butch “Frank Thring” from the front bar has spoken!

“Beware DrBG, my precious!”

111. Crossie

You shouldn’t be depressed about relatives dying.

I know what you are trying to say but it depends on the student’s relationship to the deceased. Mother, father, sibling, a much-loved grandparent?

112. It was not a fun experience getting the flu and having to work through a large assessment for the intro to public law subject we did.

Fuck!
    Did they give you Regenerons??
    Hurry up with the piece of paper, Hutz.
    I’m going to need your services sooner or later.

113. Propriety demands you don’t ask questions.

114. I’m turning into QAnon.
    Love it.
    Q poetry.
    It’s a thing now among the grown up kiddies.

115. And don’t try the ‘briefcase full of shredded newspapers’ strategy again please.
    That shits not cool when you’re in the hot seat.
    FFS

116. I recall evidence in the Trade Union Royal Commisdion that indicated all CFMEU clothing was sold through a company that benefited Setka and his leadership team but not the Union directly. With so many members that would be a fairly lucrative gig.

Then there was the charity fund raiser to benefit some sort of camp for trouble kids. The money made on the dinner from the tickets did not actually go to the charity as some might think but to CFMMEU funds. It was only the auction items money that went to the charity. A nice little earner that promoted their god deeds but when you looked closer not so much money went to the charity after all.

“PPE for vic construction was routed thru one contractor. Owned by someone sounding like Nik Ratto”

What’s on the menu tonight?
    Scrambled?
    Fried?
    Boiled?

118. DrBeauGan

Beware DrBG, my precious!”

I remember getting that silly threat, Egg. I assumed he was drunk.

119. Fair Shake

Thx LL,

Yes…allegedly.

120. lotocoti

Tailgunner
    #3625073, posted on October 19, 2020 at 8:29 pm

World champion, John Ward and something shady about Joe’s niece.

121. Crossie

Crossie
    #3625080, posted on October 19, 2020 at 8:33 pm
    You shouldn’t be depressed about relatives dying.

Meant to enlarge on these before hitting post. Death of a parent of sibling is absolutely soul-destroying for a teenager but so can be the death of a grandparent with whom they had a close relationship. This was the case of my granddaughter when my husband died, we both had/have a very close relationship with her and she was absolutely crushed when he died just before the HSC exams though she valiantly carried on. I think it did affect her results but she did not make a fuss.

DrBeauGan

#3625089, posted on October 19, 2020 at 8:39 pm

Beware DrBG, my precious!”

I remember getting that silly threat, Egg. I assumed he was drunk.

From memory you were posting pompous prognostications about Pell at the time.
    Possibly hinting that the High Court erred?

123. vlad

I’ve seen other instances of DanAn sociopathy, but these two quotes today (I haven’t verified them, but they come from DanAnFans online), taken together, are further evidence:

“I haven’t played politics during this crisis, I didn’t during the bushfires and believe me I could have, but I did not, because I don’t believe that is appropriate, so Josh Frydenberg can make all the comments he wants .. but I will be calling them out”

and

“It’s all about the politics with this bloke. He’s not a leader, he’s just a Liberal.”

Really, the second one alone is enough. It’s as if he said: I’m not going to play politics like those dirty rotten Liberals do time and again, day in day out, because I’m above that.

124. Nick

Lol

A Muslim doctor has been denied German citizenship after refusing to shake a woman’s hand when she gave him his certificate.

The 39-year-old Lebanese national was on the brink of becoming a German after living in the country for 13 years, completing his medical studies and passing a citizenship test with the highest possible mark.

But he failed at the final hurdle after refusing to shake the hand of the female official at the ceremony in 2015, leading state authorities to deny him citizenship.

How do people “make threats” on an anonymous blog?
    Unless posters are particularly snowflakey, they can’t possibly be threatened by another anonymous poster.
    The only exception I can think of was Faulty’s “collecting RMIT names and addresses” and “regards to the wife and kids” thing from a few weeks ago.
    That was, of course, different because it was directed at someone whose identity is known.

126. DrBeauGan

From memory you were posting pompous prognostications about Pell at the time.
    Possibly hinting that the High Court erred?

Nope. Your memory has let you down badly.

127. Nick

Lol

A Muesli doctor has been denied German citizenship after refusing to shake a woman’s hand when she gave him his certificate.

128. Bear Necessities

Trump down to $2.30 on SportsBet.

129. Old Lefty

130. Check your email LL

…and watch your back.

Notafan.
    Credlin is getting leaks from somewhere.
    Possibly DHHS, but also from within the ALP too I suspect.

132. RobertS

Happy birthday stackja.
    Mitt Romney was born within hours of me.
    He turned 21 as a Mormon missionary leader in Bordeaux in early 1968 when I was (dare I say it) in Vietnam!
    As an Australian.
    Flying airstrikes Numbers; day, night, all weather.
    Sometimes it was really scary.
    35TFW.

133. notafan

Yes Vlad sneering at Peter Dutton offer of assistance with reference to liberal leadership challenge; not playing politics.

Refusing ADF support from liberal federal government; not playing politics.

Check your email LL

…and watch your back.

The g-mail?
    Or the back-channel dark web mail system we set up?

135. Diogenes

So in NSW you can be a functionally illiterate high school graduate?

Depends on definition of “graduate”. They may do their HSC exams, but unless they pass the minimum standards test they wont’t get the HSC, but only a Record of School Achievement instead.

136. notafan

You did provide some armchair character assessments of Cardinal Pell though, your slip very much on display.

Nope. Your memory has let you down badly.

Tell me.
    You remember it well.
    What preceded it?

138. shatterzzz

I’d rather not speak ill of the dead but …………!

139. vlad

They would get the VCE here in Victoria, though, wouldn’t they? That was my understanding: that no one ever fails the VCE.

Character assessments is one way of putting it.

141. H B Bear

Back to goat herding then.

142. Old Lefty

143. notafan

Good on Credlin, she appears to have given the disgruntled a home to go to.

144. Crossie

According to the polls Queensland is over and done. Palacechook is going to win. I suppose I will just have to go to Fiji for holidays.

145. Cassie of Sydney

“Old Lefty
    #3625104, posted on October 19, 2020 at 8:47 pm
    You realise don’t you, cohenite, that the director of education in NSW is Mark Scott, formerly of the ABC and hopeless case of Stockholm Syndrome to his sociopath Stalinst pervert captors there? I assume he has just transferred his Stockholm Syndrome to the sociopath Stalinst pervert captors in the public-sector teachers’union.”

Yep…and this same Mark Scott is on the board of Knox Grammar…a school noted for its unsavoury sexual
    abuse scandals.

146. dover_beach

He just can’t understand why? I don’t doubt. He lacks the capacity of sympathetically understanding his opponent’s arguments even for a moment.

You gotta laugh. Demons went for postal voting bigly to help get more votes and make cheating much easier. They didn’t bank of the fact that most of their constituency can’t fill in a fucking form correctly without screwing it up So the canceled votes may just equal electoral fraud and it was all for nought.

148. Armadillo

The Democrats can’t possibly say they knew nothing about the Bidens dealings. It was all laid out in front of them in great detail. Strangely enough, it was at the Trump impeachment proceedings that this occurred…..

149. We’re all black/red pillers now.

Word

150. feelthebern

What’s on the menu tonight?
    Scrambled?
    Fried?
    Boiled?

Unfertilised ?

151. Old Lefty

Whaitje betting on Credlin being raised and arrested before tomorrow’s presser?

152. notafan

I read similar story about Algerian woman in France getting boot for refusing to shake hands with male officials.

Seems like they set that final hurdle quite purposely..

153. Old Lefty

Sorry, ‘what’s the …..:

154. Cassie of Sydney

“Old Lefty
    #3625118, posted on October 19, 2020 at 8:52 pm
    Scott tweeted, while head of the NSW department of education, a tribute to Richard Neville as a great humanist thinker. Neville who gloated in print about his hurricane f*** of a cherubic fourteen year old girl whom he picked up in her uniform outside the gates of a London school. Neville who gave a trio of p3derasts the ABC airwaves to celebrate and promote their lifestyle. I wonder what the parents of NSW would think if they knew that.”

Scotty gets a free pass…..imagine if a conservative had tweeted a tribute to someone like Neville….he or she would be cancelled. The double standards are eternal.

Mark Scott was appointed by the turd Mike Baird…he of the greyhound ban.

155. feelthebern

AFP to raid Credlin.

156. rickw

I’m afraid you’re well off the mark, Tinta.

The thing I have found most disconcerting about Dickhead Dan of late is his involuntary smirking at highly inappropriate moments.

157. DrBeauGan

How do people “make threats” on an anonymous blog?

It wasn’t much of a threat, I concede. You wrote that you were going to go for me in a way that would make your comments on my time in Cuba look mild in comparison. I can’t say the prospect had much effect. You can be mildly amusing sometimes, which I appreciate. You do go on a bit though. Doomlord has asked you to stop squabbling with Struth, but you seem to be too full of snide snark to comply. I find it tedious.

You also pick on Egg in a rather petty way, but he’s quite capable of defending himself so I shan’t bother to comment on that beyond saying that it’s also tedious.

158. Good lord this guy has good analysis.

Devotion to the Exotic

Black Pilled

159. vlad

“On behalf of the parliament, the government and the people of Victoria …For the laws we I passed. And the lives we I ruined. And the standards we I set.… we are I am so sorry … humbly, deeply, sorry.”

FIFY, Dan!

160. Old School Conservative

The higher % in private schools probably reflects the larger amount of staff in those schools dedicated to kids with learning difficulties.

161. vlad

See the link above from whoever; that’s a textbook sociopathic tell.

162. miltonf

Scott was also an ‘advisor’ to Metherell during the schools carnage.

163. Having at least one full time staff member filling out the “Special Provisions application forms”, following through, answering Departmental follow-up questions, and knowing the SP rules backwards is an enormous advantage.

Also seems like a massive pot of gold.

164. it was all for nought.

Hehe
    That’s what I’m seeing!
    They’re rubbing hand sanitizer all over them and microwaving the things lol
    It’s a mess.
    Oh, hi, Justice Barrett!
    4D chess.
    And it’s Act3 remember?
    When all the fun stuff happens!
    100m voters/deplorables.
    Hehe

165. shatterzzz

But that would infringe the, now, standard Education rule .. everyone gets a participation prize!

166. Steve B?
    Phew. He’s the Brain.
    Crazy bastard!
    Respect

167. H B Bear

Sneakers and Channel Stokes desperately fanning the Covid flames as some more dodgy Filipinos arrive on boats.

Stage 5 postponed again. Straight out the Chairman Dan playbook.

168. Arky

New thread eh?
    Has anyone Egged it yet?

169. Didn’t Infidel Supreme put another Cat in the vet casualty ward IRL?
    I missed that whole thing, but c’mon man!
    That’s some voodoo Localism shit right there!

170. Nick

You also pick on Egg in a rather petty way,

LL seldom starts it. Just saying.

171. feelthebern

This week, I’ve started re-watching some 2016 election night coverage.
    I watched 2 hours yesterday & plan on watching an hour or two each day for the next week or so.
    First up, The Anthony Cumia, Compound Media show. 7 hours of coverage. This was when Gavin was still on Compound Media.
    You witness the emotional roller coaster they’re on.
    After this, I’ll watch the 4 hour Joe Rogan coverage from the LA Comedy store.
    There were about a dozen comedians rotating during the show.
    That show marked the end of Bill Burr.
    Post that show, he became a cuck.

172. DrBeauGan

Tell me.
    You remember it well.
    What preceded it?

I wrote that I didn’t like Pell and it is possible that he fancies young boys, I don’t know, but the case against him was preposterous and should never have gone to court.

It is possible you confused me with someone else. It is clear that notaclue would have been outraged by my dispassionate lack of reverence. You aren’t as committed or obtuse as she is, so don’t have that excuse.

173. Top Ender

New Zealand the gayest parliament in the world!

There are now 11 gay MPs in parliament, up from seven, which at more than 9 per cent is the highest proportion of any National Assembly. In Britain, previously the record holder, there are 45 gay MPs out of 650, or 7 per cent.

Oz – the comments are amusing if you can leap the paywall

174. Arky

bloody concrete truck driver ran thing into the formwork.
    Then gave me a countdown to when he had to get out of there so I had to carry three loads up the hill in a barrow in five minutes.
    Almost died.
    You’re all lucky I’m still here.

175. and it is possible

That’s a cheap shot.

It is possible that you…etc.

176. Arky

DrBeauGan
    #3625152, posted on October 19, 2020 at 9:07 pm

Aren’t you supposed to be writing something for my website?
    Stop arguing with LL and get it done.

177. feelthebern

2 hours 12 mins in.
    Gavin says, “I think we’ve got this”.
    That was 8:12pm NY time.
    Everyone else is all up & down.
    Gavin saying, yep, Trump’s got this.

178. Thanks Zippy, good link to OC news.
    When I saw that this morning in twitter I was blown away.
    Dude is just going to a $$ political thing because he has to?
    Thousands of people hit the route for organic MAGA rally?
    That’s love.
    When ya’ll seen politics done like this?
    Haha
    #KANYE2020

DrBeauGan

#3625152, posted on October 19, 2020 at 9:07 pm

Tell me.
    You remember it well.
    What preceded it?

I wrote that I didn’t like Pell and it is possible that he fancies young boys …

Casual speculation.
    That is how the Pell rail-roading started.
    Along with media campaigns starring the likes of Tim Minchin to poison the wells.
    From memory you thought Minchin’s defamation was just a meaningless jingle?

Thank you, your Doomlordship. Your timely intervention heads off an open fred problem later in the week.

181. Farmer Gez

egg_
    #3625027, posted on October 19, 2020 at 8:08 pm
    Is Dan Andrews still Premier of Victoria?

Mightn’t make the GF.
    Has to pass a fitness test on Tuesday.

182. mh

Armadillo
    #3624889, posted on October 19, 2020 at 6:22 pm
    Biden is shot.

Arkancide?

183. feelthebern

At least 75% of the Tories are gay.
    Intensely gay.

184. Armadillo

The link I provided at 8:55 pm is well worth watching (even if it’s just to see Pam Bondi).

Again, there is no way in the world the Democrats can claim they had no idea what Hunter and Joe were up to. Now that Hunters laptop has shown up, it pretty much confirms that what Pam was saying was true, but it’s even worse than anyone imagined.

Everyone knew (how could they not), and it’s time the bastards were held accountable.

185. notafan

Oh yes very objective.
    A slur that could be levelled at anyone we just took a dislike to because we didn’t like because of their world view.
    Very very intellectual stuff.
    Also
    Stop being mean to the dumb people LL!

186. Great stuff Bernie!
    Culture is upstream from politics.
    Deep diving into that is always worth it.
    That’s where you find the movement raw.
    Being 2 weeks ahead of the cycle?
    Priceless.

187. Arky

Look.
    Now I have my breath back I’m thinking.
    Do concrete trucks start charging by the minute after the first hour, or did that dude just think it was funny to see me almost die of a heart attack running barrows up that hill?

New Zealand the gayest parliament in the world!

Makes a change from sheep!

189. Old School Conservative

So in NSW you can be a functionally illiterate high school graduate?

In addition to Diogenes’ information – to the best of my knowledge schools in NSW cannot stop students from progressing to the next Year group irrespective of results, outcomes, or ability.

190. vr

DB asked what was going on in Chile. Here is Mary O’Grady in the WSJ today on the situation there.

Chile’s Suicide Mission

A free society is never more at risk than when expectations are rising faster than outcomes. Of all the efforts to explain why Chile is on the cusp of collective political and economic suicide, this truism makes the most sense.

On Oct. 25 Chileans will vote on whether the country needs a new constitution. Polls indicate that the “yes” vote will prevail even as the process of rewriting the highest law in the land is shaping up to be a disaster.

A new constitution is likely to put at risk the model of democratic capitalism that brought Chilean poverty to below 10% in 2018, from nearly 70% in 1990. Chile also had the highest social mobility in a 2018 Organization of Economic Cooperation and Development study of 16 member countries. Why there is popular backing to blow up a system that has delivered so much success is hard to understand.

One clue is the economic sluggishness that Socialist President Michelle Bachelet (2014-18) brought on with higher taxes and heavy regulation. Center-right President Sebastian Piñera hasn’t been able to turn things around. Yet low growth on its own doesn’t explain this radical step.
    For sure heavy doses of Marxist indoctrination at Chilean universities and income “equality” claptrap from intellectuals and the media have tilted the country to the left.

But Alexis de Tocqueville put his finger on something in “Democracy in America,” when he wrote that “the hatred that men bear to privilege increases in proportion as privileges become fewer and less considerable, so that democratic passions would seem to burn most fiercely just when they have least fuel. . . . When all conditions are unequal, no inequality is so great as to offend the eye, whereas the slightest dissimilarity is odious in the midst of general uniformity.”

This rings true in Chile where, as the population has become better off—though damaged by the economic stagnation midwifed by Ms. Bachelet—it has also become angrier. Feelings of well-being and security have waned while the political forest has been piled high with the dry tinder of collectivist idealism.

Many Chileans seem to believe that a new constitution will make things right, à la Hugo Chávez’s Venezuela circa early 2000s. The analogy isn’t perfect but, as Mark Twain observed about history, it rhymes.

The hard left justifies its demand for a new constitution by pointing to Gen. Augusto Pinochet, who ruled the country as a dictator in 1980 when the current constitution was adopted. Yet that constitution established a process for the return of democracy beginning in 1988. Pinochet handed over power peacefully in 1990.

A string of democratically elected center-left governments up to 2010 amended the constitution to deepen democracy while protecting private property and central-bank independence. Nevertheless militants have convinced Chileans that the source of their unhappiness is the original document.

Referendum backers say it is a “democratic” process. It is certainly majoritarian. But Chileans are bound to be disappointed if higher living standards and greater opportunity are the goal. The nation will be lucky if it finishes the exercise on par with the impoverished Argentine welfare state.

It’s a good bet that the new constitution will try to satisfy the populist outcry for social justice by increasing the monopoly power of the state to redistribute wealth. Unless Chileans prove exceptional in their capacity to avoid this temptation, expect a document that reads like a litany of unattainable aspirations.

Former Brazilian President Fernando Henrique Cardoso, hardly a man of the right, warns of the problem in his 2006 memoir, “The Accidental President of Brazil.” As his country emerged from dictatorship in 1987 and its Congress prepared to draft a new constitution, Mr. Cardoso was put in charge of rule-writing. This gave him a front-row seat as the process unfolded. “Every Brazilian interest group imaginable emerged with demands. . . . No matter how ridiculous the request, Congress was never able to turn it down.”

Mr. Cardoso called the privileges enshrined in the final version “absurd,” and not only because Brazil was too poor to deliver on them. It was also “trying to create a welfare state” at the “moment in history when the welfare states of Europe were collapsing.”

In Chile both the left and the right expect to have blocking minorities in the convention, and this is supposed to moderate the outcome. Yet unless the final version also requires two-thirds approval by the convention—a point not yet agreed on—there is a high likelihood that the new constitution will be an incoherent mess.

Things will get even dicier if an agreement is not reached. After all, the left won this referendum after Mr. Piñera failed to contain its violent burning-and-looting rampage unleashed a year ago on the nation. So it is not so much an exercise in civics as it is a surrender to left-wing terrorists who are unlikely to back down because they lose at politics.

191. Concreting is a young man’s game, Arky.
    Sorry mate – we ain’t getting younger.
    I feel for you.
    We’ve all been there, xunt

192. feelthebern

Trump just wins Ohio.
    The boys are going bonkers.

At least 75% of the Tories are gay.
    Intensely gay.

Don’t trust politicians who don’t represent you. The elites represent the freaks.

Happy birdy Stack!
    I clicked over another notch on the odometer recently.
    Still doing ok, occasional oil change and tyres only.

Nick

#3625150, posted on October 19, 2020 at 9:06 pm

You also pick on Egg in a rather petty way,

LL seldom starts it. Just saying.

Indeed.
    I did take the piss out of that ridiculous fucking “Free Bradley Murdoch” show starring the disbarred junkie lawyer.
    That seemed to be a trigger.
    Oh, and yellow trucks.
    Apart from that, not much.
    As for “squabbling with Struth” BG, I need to correct you.
    Sinc asked both of us to cease and desist.
    And, in my absence earlier today, Struth had no trouble getting into a squabble with several people, so …

feelthebern
    #3625174, posted on October 19, 2020 at 9:18 pm

Trump just wins Ohio.
    The boys are going bonkers.

Explain this.

197. feelthebern

Now they’re screaming, he’s got Florida, call it. Up by 100,000 votes with 98% counted…
    But Florida still not being called.

The science is settled and the debate well and truly over.

You can’t win a stoush with eggly.

Arky, how much do they gouge for a metre of conc these days?
    And what cut does the CFMEU get?

200. Arky

Leigh Lowe
    #3625177, posted on October 19, 2020 at 9:20 pm

You’re one of them instigators.

201. Obama was right. He knows Joe+fam.
    “Don’t underestimate his ability to fuck things up”
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

202. feelthebern

Read my post at 9:06 JC.
    Rewatching the 2016 coverage.

203. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gavin_McInnes

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Too bad, if his movement was just an idea though…

204. notafan

JC

More importantly no-one wants to.

205. Arky

Arky, how much do they gouge for a metre of conc these days?

I paid $275 per m3.
    But I was probably ripped off.
    I didn’t bother to get quotes.

You’re one of them instigators.

I prefer “thought provoker”.
    “Instigator” sounds so crass.

207. Arky

They wanted $66 to take back the excess after the job.
    So I just buried it in the yard.

208. Armadillo

Arkancide?

Probably a step too far this time around. The evidence is already out.

Joe may well be the only one that turns out to be an actual genuine suicide. Although, I doubt he actually feels any genuine remorse. These people are all just likely to see themselves as victims of the Trump Monster.

I seriously doubt they are capable of any remorse, only panic that they got caught out.

I paid $275 per m3.
    But I was probably ripped off.

Not much negotiating leverage for a driveway’s worth.

211. Old School Conservative

You are a bright bloke Dr BG so you know what this statement of yours implies.
    7-0 says you are wrong.

212. Cassie of Sydney

“Gavin McInnes (/məˈkɪnɪs/; born 17 July 1970) is a Canadian writer and far-right political commentator who is known for promoting violence against political opponents.”

Yep..the predictable smear. The do it to Milo and Laura as well.

213. feelthebern

I’ve got the times wrong.
    It was 10pm before Gavin called the election.

Chile’s Suicide Mission

Interesting article VR.
    The curse upon Sth America seems to continue, even for the best performers.
    I don’t know why this is so, nor how they can break out of it.
    But it seems to be a real thing.

Old Lefty
    #3625104, posted on October 19, 2020 at 8:47 pm

Yeah, look at the chinless bastard.

You can’t win a stoush with eggly.

Oh, I dunno.
    My case that Bradley ManNing-Murdoch is going to do his full whack in the slammer is looking pretty good.

Arky
    #3625169, posted on October 19, 2020 at 9:15 pm

Look.
    Now I have my breath back I’m thinking.

When I was helping out my brother many years ago, he is a builder, they had the first 30 minutes free, you are lucky with an hour.

As was mentioned, concreting looks easy when others do it but it’s not a young man’s job, definitely.

218. Armadillo

So I just buried it in the yard.

Im surprised you didn’t borrow your neighbours wheelie bins.

219. NZ PM JA happy with all the homosexuals. What would Freyberg have said? Godley had NZ soldiers shot for misbehaving.

NYFD sirens please JC.

220. Arky

Im surprised you didn’t borrow your neighbours wheelie bins.

Shit no.
    Might still have asbestos dust in it from the brake linings I chucked in there last week.

221. Armadillo

Not much negotiating leverage for a driveway’s worth.

I paid $222.50 per m3 + GST a month ago, so it’s around about the mark. Arky might have paid a bit more for a “broken load”.

1 2 3 16