Monday Forum: October 19, 2020

3,943 Responses to Monday Forum: October 19, 2020

I paid $275 per m3.

The standard price for one-off customers just asked.

Could have been a lot more.

2. Stimpson!
    Get in here.
    Have you spoken to Hunter?

Cement is a great way to detox asbestos.
    The lime and calcium silicate react with the fibres to stick them together.
    Just saying.
    Makes taking the bin out harder though, if it has a hundred kilos of concrete in it.

4. Infidel Tiger

Trump into $2.25.

5. More gmail crap

A few years I was locked out of my account. They didn’t send me an SMS (and they have had my number for ages and I was and still use 2FA).

When they locked my account, they said it was my fault because I kept on logging in with two factor authentication, they said it was a security risk and that I should…stay logged in.

Which sounds like a security risk to me.

6. Arky

Nah, I need the space for the possums which are about to suicide.

The thing I have found most disconcerting about Dickhead Dan of late is his involuntary smirking at highly inappropriate moments.

Back in May I mentioned how so many people are getting possessed by an evil clown spirit.

There is it again: pursed lips, kind of frozen smirk that looks a bit uncomfortable and unnatural with a hint of superiority and insincerity.

Would you say that fits?

Sorry, the New York fire truck only comes out only for a bullshit comment.

9. Armadillo

Do concrete trucks start charging by the minute after the first hour, or did that dude just think it was funny to see me almost die of a heart attack running barrows up that hill?

Nope. I’ve had three pours here at home in the last couple of months. First two times there were two of us, last time there were six of us barrowing, screeding and finishing.

Truck was there a couple of hours each pour. No extra charge.

Sounds like you pissed the driver off. What did you say to the poor bastard?

Old School Conservative

#3625194, posted on October 19, 2020 at 9:25 pm

I wrote that I didn’t like Pell and it is possible that he fancies young boys, I don’t know

You are a bright bloke Dr BG so you know what this statement of yours implies.
    7-0 says you are wrong.

That is my problem OSC.
    That sort of intellectually lazy and casual “looks like the type” , “where there’s smoke there’s fire” stuff is what led to the wrongful conviction in the first place.
    And it needs to be jumped on, because it is now forming the basis of a push by the usual subjects (7-Nilligan and co) to further lower the threshold of proof, below what “J” nearly got away with.

11. OldOzzie

The latest news should end the tech and media blackout of the Hunter Biden story

The cagy language is amazing. We’re told that the Post’s “article suggested” that Biden was using his political position to enrich Hunter, and that the Post’s source was “a laptop purportedly belonging to Hunter Biden.” The report tells us that the Post learned about the hard drive from “Stephen K. Bannon,” who is “now facing federal fraud charges,” and Rudy Giuliani, “the president’s personal lawyer.” Who could be more unreliable than those two?

The article often uses the words “purported” and “suggested.” The Times’s clear import is that the hard drive is a phony and that the Post knows it. All this implies that a “reputable” paper such as the Times cannot report the allegations.

Considering that the tech companies and the media used the hard drive’s missing provenance to justify hiding the story from the public, news broke over the weekend ensuring that those same outlets are going to have a hard time clamping down on the story in the coming week. Rudy Giuliani tweeted out the bad news for the lefties:

The Hunter Biden hard drive is authenticated by:

The NY Post,

My attorney Bob Costello

A receipt SIGNED BY HUNTER BIDEN.

It’s also been authenticated by Biden’s attorney who called the merchant a day before it appeared and asked for Hunter Biden’s computer.

The first two items on that list sound self-serving. After all, why should the leftists believe either the Post or Giuliani’s own attorney? The third item could be a forgery. But that fourth item – Biden’s own attorney – is the interesting thing.

Late Friday night, Adam Housley reported that George Mesires, who identifies himself as Hunter Biden’s attorney, reached out to John Paul MacIsaac, the computer repair person, the day before the Post story dropped. Mesires was trying to recover the computer:

The computer is real. It’s contents are real. And when even more serious allegations drop in the coming week (and we know they will), the tech tyrants and the mainstream media will have no excuse to hide them from Americans.

12. mh

This pic would look great on a Trump 2021 calender

Dot – Gmail is fun as they spit the dummy every time you use a different device, or are in a different location. Woe betide if you use a VPN. Yet they record all of this stuff and track your every bowel movement. Goolag is totally anal. I’d’ve chosen a different email provider when I took out my account if only I’d known they’d turn into Nurse Ratched.

14. dover_beach

David Frum: The people on far right and far left who publicized the obviously bogus @nypost story were not dupes. They were accomplices. The story could not have been more obviously fake if it had been wearing dollar-store spectacles and attached plastic mustache.

Trump really broke the neo-cons. His opposition to endless wars has infuriated them. It’s also instructive that they cannot cobble together any evidence that these emails are inauthentic or sourced from Russia. They are all frauds.

15. feelthebern

This is gold.
    Cumia starts yelling “let’s not start sucking each others cocks yet”.
    Gavin has left to go to Milo’s party.

mh

#3625219, posted on October 19, 2020 at 9:45 pm

This pic would look great on a Trump 2021 calender

Looks very gay.

17. dover_beach

Question to the betting lads, Am I leaving it too late placing my bets on Wednesday?

18. feelthebern

Trump really broke the neo-cons.

Yes he did.

Cumia starts yelling “let’s not start sucking each others cocks yet”.

Monica was there?

20. feelthebern

Chill dover.
    Keep in mind, it’s 2 against 1 on Fri (our time) for the debate.

21. feelthebern

That’s a line from Pulp Fiction, Leigh.
    A Winston Wolf line.

22. Bruce

A couple of links here to read

I lost some emails over 10 years ago, no explanation.

I was locked out for what I see as no reason at all.

In mid year, I could not search properly for old emails I knew I had.

In the last month, I had one important email play hide and seek with me.

That is my go-to line now.
    I actually had someone say to me the other day they were terrified of Trump having four more years in control of the nuclear launch codes.
    I asked them what convential wars Trump had started since 2016, let alone nuclear wars.
    Um … err … well … not sure.

24. feelthebern

Re-watching 2016 footage is so much better than the 2019 election footage.

25. OldOzzie

Watch: Massive Barge Displays Tribute to First Responders at Florida MAGA Boat Parade

A massive barge displayed an impressive tribute to first responders during a MAGA boat parade in Florida on Saturday.

News cameras captured the vessel with seven emergency vehicles, including fire trucks and vintage police cars, positioned across the deck:

26. H B Bear

Nah, I need the space for the possums which are about to suicide.

Clintonesque.

27. vlad

Telstra used to delete your emails after a certain time if you didn’t save them in a special folder. 180 days I think it was. They appear to have abandoned that.

That’s a line from Pulp Fiction, Leigh.
    A Winston Wolf line.

Shit.
    Long time since I watched that.
    Used to work for a company which had a guy with the nickname “Mr Wolf” based on Pulp Fiction.
    If he came to visit your division, you were in big trouble, and likely to be attending a lot of send-offs in the coming weeks.

29. feelthebern

Florida has just been called.
    Party time.

30. mh

Ice Cube
    @icecube
    Family, make sure some of these educated fools who are always telling you what to do are really Black and not Greeks in disguise.
    3:02 AM · Oct 18, 2020·

Word. So many non-blacks pretending to represent blacks.
    Hi Kamala!

31. Infidel Tiger

Trump out to $2.30.

Another fake poll must have been published.

I have heard people bitching about gmail being clunky.

33. Oh come on

Dover, things must be bad when your only chance is to tell people not to believe their lying eyes and hope they won’t until after election day.

Their plight makes me think of that Phil Collins song Against All Odds:

You comin back to me is against all odds
    It’s the chance I gotta taaaaake
    Please don’t look at that noooooww

34. OldOzzie

Cal Cunningham First Democrat in 22 Years Not to Receive Charlotte Observer Endorsement

Cal Cunningham is now the first North Carolina Democrat Senate candidate in 22 years not to receive the Charlotte Observer’s endorsement.

The Charlotte Observer and the Raleigh News & Observer on Saturday declined to endorse Cunningham. This makes Cunningham the first North Carolina Democrat Senate candidate to not receive an endorsement from the Charlotte Observer since John Edwards in 1998.

In a joint editorial, both outlets wrote that they planned on endorsing Cunningham; however, his lack of transparency and refusal to answer questions from the North Carolina press led the papers to reconsider.

The papers wrote:

His [Cunningham’s] lack of judgment during a race that could swing the balance of power in Washington, as well as his selfishness in taking this risk, should deeply trouble North Carolinians. We’re especially concerned about Cunningham’s response to the revelations, which may offer a glimpse into the kind of senator he’d be. If elected, he’ll face his share of flammable issues and controversial votes he’ll need to explain. But in these past two weeks, he’s avoided questions about his behavior — whether it’s part of a pattern, how it conflicts with his military obligations, and if it involved any campaign funds. That’s not accountability. It’s political strategy.

Ha, ha.
    And they are belting out “Born in the USA”.
    Bruce will not be happy.

Hollywood Hockey decides Trump has lost Wisconsin and Michigan. FMD.

37. OldOzzie

Oops Bolding went wrong above

38. Armadillo

OldOzzie
    #3625218, posted on October 19, 2020 at 9:45 pm

Bannon has said that Andrew Breitbart taught him how to play this game. Put the story out and let the MSM “cast doubt”. You then drop more to information to discredit their bullshit. Rinse and repeat.

There is heaps more to come.

Hunters own solicitor phoning (and emailing) the repair man wanting Hunters laptop back is a good example. It very much sounds like Hunter panicked by phoning his own Solicitor before checking in with the DNC’s/MSM’s planned narrative.

Joe is in hiding until they can figure out how to counter all of this. I don’t think they can.

Hunter is going to get thrown under the bus first, closely followed by Joe. Sacrificial lambs to save the greater Democrat flock. But make no mistake, they knew what was going on. All of them.

Pam Bondi laid it all out. They can’t claim ignorance.

OldOzzie

#3625252, posted on October 19, 2020 at 10:06 pm

Oops Bolding went wrong above

Sinc, can you confiscate OldOzzies bolding button please.
    Thanks in advance.

40. OldOzzie

Donald Trump: Joe Biden ‘More Corrupt’ than ‘Human Vacuum Cleaner’ Hunter Biden

President Donald Trump accused former Vice President Joe Biden of being more corrupt than his son Hunter, who pursued lucrative foreign business deals overseas while his father was vice president.

“Joe is far more corrupt than Hunter because Joe knew everything,” Donald Trump said citing information suggesting that the former vice president was getting a cut of the profits. “Joe’s getting a piece of everything.”

The president spoke about Biden and his son’s foreign deals during a campaign rally in Carson City, Nevada, on Sunday and also on Twitter.

Trump described Hunter Biden as a “for-profit cash machine.”

“This guy’s a vacuum cleaner,” Trump said. “He follows his father around and takes millions, hundreds of millions, and billions of dollars out of these countries. … I call him the human vacuum cleaner.”

41. Oh come on

Joe is always in hiding. That’s their entire strategy.

42. Soap Operas that Wash Your Mind (Mostly Handmaid’s tale)

Black Pilled

[Hey, it sounds like Norm McDonald. Also, Offred is a victim, but she’s also terrible.]

43. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

G’day. Got here.
    Thank goodness there is still paid advertising to let the American voters know.

44. Pedro the Loafer

Another day on the tractor cutting hay.
    How people do this for a living is beyond me. Luckily I am not officially an employee or I would call in the Union.
    Hot, dirty, flyblown, tired, aching back and bored spitless listening to local FM radio, but the allotted paddock is beautifully shaved, the cut lines are reasonably straight (if you squint a bit) and I only hit the fence twice.

Operating a jumbo deep in the bowels of the earth back in the day was far easier.

Open the borders FFS, bring back the backpackers to do all this donkey work.

Early night at Casa Pedro.

45. vlad

Joe Hockey must be the only electoral commentator on the planet stupid enough to get Trump’s 2016 campaign slogan wrong.

Both Trump the candidate and Trump the President have managed to harness that energy behind the patriotic grab, “Make America Great”.

46. OldOzzie

Kirstie Alley: I’m Voting for Donald Trump Because He will Turn the Economy Around

“I’m voting for [Donald Trump] because he’s NOT a politician,” wrote Alley, who added that she had also voted for then-candidate Donald Trump in the 2016 election. “I voted for him 4 years ago for this reason and shall vote for him again for this reason,” the Scream Queens and Look Who’s Talking actress continued. “He gets things done quickly and he will turn the economy around quickly. There you have it folks there you have it.”

“This guy’s a vacuum cleaner,” Trump said …

In case anyone needs white powder cleaned off their coffee table.

Hey … you never know.

48. feelthebern

Bannon has said that Andrew Breitbart taught him how to play this game

Breibart used to be so fringe until he got the Weiner pic.
    Then he spent 6 months walking around with it in his phone refusing to broadcast it.
    Then he goes on the Opie & Anthony show & Anthony Cumia grabs his phone & shows the Paltalk audience streaming the show.
    Then boom.
    With no Anthony Cumia, no one would have know who Breibart was.
    Remember at the Weiner press conference, no one knew who the guy with the wild grey hair was who jumped up on stage before Wiener came on.
    It was only after that Breibart got a profile outside the extreme fringe.

49. vlad

I’m reading on in Joe Hockey’s article and it gets worse.

When white supremacists marched in Charlottesville, Virginia in 2017 to defend white nationalism and protect the statues of Confederate figures, Trump said there were “good people on all sides”. Three people died and the President’s remark was used as an endorsement of sorts by white supremacists. More recently he has refused to criticise other white supremacist group like Proud Boys (“Stand back and stand by”) or the proponents of QAnon who are advocating a conspiracy theory that high-level Democrats like Biden, Hillary Clinton and the Obamas are running p3d0 phile protection racquets.

And he can’t even spell. Tennis, anyone? Hockey, anyone? Nein, danke.

50. OldOzzie

THE BROWNSHIRTS ARE BACK

Some American cities, like Portland, Seattle and San Francisco, are starting to look like Germany in the 1930s. Yesterday a free speech rally was held in downtown San Francisco. Those marching for free speech were attacked by fascists from Antifa. Zero Hedge has collected photos and videos.

Event organizer Philip Anderson was attacked by the Brownshirts, who knocked out his front teeth. White mob attacks black man and knocks out his teeth? It’s OK, they’re Democrats:

Until now, America has never had a serious fascist movement. Antifa must be crushed, those who perpetrate violence must be jailed, and those who finance violent extremism must be exposed. And Joe Biden and the Democratic Party must stop covering for their militant wing.

51. mh

Hockey always seemed a bit dim.

52. With no Anthony Cumia, no one would have know who [generic celebrity] was.

You love this bloke. Is he really this good?

I heard him on Rogan once, not bad.

53. DrBeauGan

You are a bright bloke Dr BG so you know what this statement of yours implies.
    7-0 says you are wrong.

No. I predicted the 7-0 result and agree with it. The high court agreed with me that the conviction was preposterous. That says nothing about Pell’s predilections, about which I know zilch.

54. DrBeauGan

Arky, I sent you an email saying I’d lost the URL for your website. Which I’d like to see.

55. dover_beach

If you thought 2016 was wild, you ain’t seen nothing yet. The insanity following a Trump victory will be awesome.

56. OldOzzie

Biden, Corruption, And Ukraine’s Election Interference AGAINST Trump

In 2014, the Obama administration assigned Joe Biden to oversee Ukraine policy. From that position he likely received a portion of the payola his son Hunter extracted from Burisma, one of the country’s largest energy companies, for firing an unfriendly prosecutor.

The political operation, though, was bigger than just a few million dollars funneled to the Biden family. In 2016 Ukraine interfered against Donald Trump in the American presidential election. It did so by launching a false Russian flag operation against the Trump campaign through Fusion GPS, CrowdStrike, and Alexandra Chalupa.

Ukraine later admitted the interference and apologized for it.

After a telephone conversation in which President Trump thanked Ukraine’s leader for investigating this corruption, the head of Obama’s Ukraine policy at the NSC (who had overseen the Chalupa part of the political dirty trick) filed a whistleblower complaint, leading to Trump’s impeachment.

The following is an excerpt from the short ebook, The Russia Lie, that details Ukraine’s election interference against Trump at the behest of the Obama administration.

57. H B Bear

Hockey always seemed a bit dim.

Sloppy Joe was one of the many albatrosses (albatrossii?) around Abbott’s neck. Including a few he put there himself.

58. feelthebern

Cumia is the Bill Belichick of NY radio/comedy/now internet broadcasting.
    Alex Jones was another one.
    Until Cumia gave him regular air time, he had zero following.

59. mh

George Soros (Schwarz) said the best years of his life were when he was informing on Joos to Nazi officials as a boy. Soros said if he and his family weren’t doing it someone else would have been.

Now at the other end of his life he uses his huge wealth to finance America’s new fascist movement.

When are we getting Episode 2 of “Tel’s Tape Tutorials”?

61. Dr Faustus

“Joe’s getting a piece of everything.”

And the beauty is, the DNC knew exactly how riddled their man was when they malarkied the old fraud into position as POTUS presumptive.

Hockey knows which side his bread is buttered.
    His future lies with the swamp creatures.

63. Oh come on

America is going to burn regardless of who wins. If Trump wins it’ll happen quickly (and there’s always the Insurrection Act).

If Biden wins it’ll be a slow and drawn out burn.

64. OldOzzie

FEAR & LOATHING IN THE BIDEN CRIME FAMILY

With the all the media suppression and apologetics about the saga of Hunter Biden et al., Howie Carr is on hand to deliver the strong stuff straight in the Boston Herald column “Fear and loathing in the Biden crime family.” It only hurts when I laugh, but Howie had me laughing with this:

The usual alt-left suspects — the AP, NBC “News,” Rep. Adam Schiff — went through the tired motions of trying to blame it all on, who else, the Russians. But seriously, how many times can these hacks cry wolf, even to Wolf Blitzer?”

Hey, don’t forget David Corn.

Howie adds: “Dementia Joe’s keepers have always understood that Hunter was capable of getting Pop into this kind of a jam.” Much more here.

65. Arky

You’ll just crap on it and go on about how boring it is to a super genius such as yourself.

66. Armadillo

Early night at Casa Pedro.

Cats, tonight is the night we visit Farm Pedro. Every man/Sheliah is entitled to take as many Dorpa’s as they can stuff into the boot of their Merceedes.

Tonight we shall feast. Bon appetite.

DrBeauGan

#3625274, posted on October 19, 2020 at 10:19 pm

Speaking of subject matter which is known to ruffle Sinc’s feathers, unfounded suggestions of this sort are front and centre.

68. Farmer Gez

notafan
    #3625224, posted on October 19, 2020 at 9:47 pm
    apparently most of the Kiwi arrivals were shearers, now working in rural Victoria.

Chairman Dan, you’ve done it again.

New Zealand shearers who boarded the first flights to Melbourne should have been praised for their work ethic not “poo-pooed by the Premier”, an industry representative has said.

69. DrBeauGan

Possibly. I confess to extreme laziness, but I shan’t send anything to put on it until I’ve seen it. Up to you.

70. dover_beach

I had a passive eye on qanda tonight as the subject was BigTech. I don’t think they mentioned the biggest story of the last week, the supression of the Hunter emails, once. Incredible.

71. OldOzzie

Oh come on
    #3625288, posted on October 19, 2020 at 10:28 pm

If Biden wins it’ll be a slow and drawn out burn.

OCO

The Problem is if Biden wins, as has been shown by Soros Backed Democrap Attorney Generals, they will NOT go after Antifa, but will go after Conservatives, even DemoCraps, as this St. Louis couple found out when they, who aimed guns at protesters. were charged with felony weapons count

72. DrBeauGan

Ok Arky, I’ve been there and it looks fine. I’ll send you some stuff within a few days. What you do with it is up to you. I’ll send it by email.

73. OldOzzie

POSTCONSTITUTIONAL AMERICA

by Nathan Pinkoski
    November 2020

The Stakes:
    America at the Point of No Return
    by michael anton
    regnery, 500 pages, $32.99

Beginning with his essay “The Flight 93 Election,” published by the Claremont Review of Books in September 2016, Michael Anton has become famous—and infamous—as the foremost intellectual defender of the current president. One can read his new book, The Stakes: America at the Point of No Return, as a longer version of the same defense, and no doubt most will. But Anton has more ambitious aims. Yes, he is a pundit addressing the American electorate in autumn 2020. But he is also what Harry Jaffa would call “the eternal political science professor addressing the eternal class.”

The Stakes exhorts Americans to take eternal principles of historical causation seriously. According to these principles, all regimes, including the one created by the founders of the United States, eventually decline and fall. The Stakes gives an appealing account of the sort of republic that America is supposed to be. The bulk of the book details the way in which that regime has already—­perhaps ­irreversibly—declined.

Anton holds that the American constitutional regime is committed to natural human equality, as articulated in the Declaration of Independence. In this affirmation he follows in the footsteps of his old teacher Jaffa, founder of the school of “West Coast Straussianism,” which flourishes at California’s Claremont McKenna College and the Claremont Institute. But Anton does not simply echo Jaffa. He builds on his thought to say something new.

Very Long, but interesting analysis – summed up by

What is Anton’s ultimate intention? In good Straussian fashion, what he teaches is not what he says, at least not outright. With great moderation, he explicitly teaches us how to act prudently within the framework of the republican constitution; with great daring, he implicitly teaches us how to act prudently when the republican constitution is gone. But the ultimate intention of The Stakes is to teach prudence and fortitude. It is to ­prepare us for life in ­postconstitutional America.

74. Armadillo

The Democrats know that silence is golden. They don’t have to say anything as the MSM has their back.

Hunter didn’t get the memo in time.

75. Oh come on

It is fascinating to watch the media coverage of the US election. They are throwing everything at Trump. The effort is extraordinary. The narratives they’re pushing are changing at a speed indicating schizophrenia. You could get whiplash trying to track them. Now the message is Coronavirus surging as Trump heads to [wherever].

76. rickw

That’s freaking hilarious! Dickhead Dans going to pop a head gasket!

77. OldOzzie

I posted this reference earlier with regard to last night’s egg discussions, but for Maths Lovers it is worth a post of its own

Alice In Wonderland’s Hidden Satire: Math Slips Down The Rabbit Hole

Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland is universally admired for its ability to speak to readers both young and adult through its fanciful language and expansive narrative tableaux of colorful, eccentric characters. Would you be surprised to learn that its author, Charles Dodgson, aka Lewis Carroll, undergirded Alice with a hidden world? Several scholars have “cracked the code” to reveal that Dodgson, an Oxford math professor, augmented several of his best-known scenes with theoretical math. Let’s crack open some of these “Easter eggs” the author planted for our astonishment and delight.

78. Steve trickler

Cat regulars know about it.

Newbies. You are in for a serious ride. Brace yourself. This bloke introduces you to a very dark world. You will not see this on TV.

79. mh

Alice In Wonderland’s Hidden Satire: Math Slips Down The Rabbit Hole

So that’s why I thought it was boring – I didn’t understand it.

Others, I suspect, just pretended to like it.

80. Oh come on

I mean, I realise the media always hates the Republican candidate. But there is something biblical in the way the MSM is covering the Trump campaign in particular. It’s all pestilence, hordes of locusts, end of days stuff.

81. Dr Faustus

Experiment.

Step 1: Google search Biden Burisma;
    Step 2: DuckDuckGo Biden Burisma;
    Step 3: Compare and contrast.

Algorithms for Biden.Harris.
    #stalinslaptop
    #deplorableconspiracy

82. OldOzzie

Rage against the regime: end lockdown ‘torture’

Joe Kelly Canberra Bureau Chief – Remy Varga Reporter

Josh Frydenberg, the most senior Victorian federal minister, has pleaded with Daniel Andrews to free Victorians from “devastating’’ coronavirus restrictions, warning that businesses are losing hope and the state now has 40 per cent of the nation’s effective unemployed.

The Treasurer sparked a bitter political row with the Victorian Premier on Monday when he accused Mr Andrews of “callous indifference” towards economic hardship in the state after restrictions on many businesses were extended for two weeks.

A dismissive Mr Andrews hit back, accusing Mr Frydenberg of playing politics when Victorians wanted their families kept safe so the state could reopen safely.

An emotional Mr Frydenberg said: “It’s not about me or Daniel Andrews. It’s about the Victorian people who are paying the highest price for the failures in hotel quarantine — failures for which nobody in the state government has taken responsibility.’’

He accused Daniel Andrews of having a “callous indifference” towards economic hardship suffered in the state.

“The bloody-mindedness is unforgivable,” he said.

“There’s been a callous indifference in Victoria from the government to the loss of jobs and to the plight of small business.”

Mr Frydenberg said unemployment and mental health statistics told a devastating story about the tragedy in Victoria. “Victoria comprises 26 per cent of the nation’s population yet 40 per cent of the nation’s effectively unemployed,’’ he said.

“Now that the case numbers are down to single digits it’s time the Victorian government allowed millions of Victorians back to work and businesses to re-open in a COVIDSafe way.

“If NSW was able to re-open, Victoria should too.’’

Mr Frydenberg said that with more than 1000 jobs being lost in Victoria every day of the lockdown, it now needed to end.

Australian Industry Group chief executive Innes Willox said lifting restrictions was “not a political issue’’.

“This is about lives and livelihoods and has to be above political argument,” Mr Willox said.

“We would all hope that the great difficulties being created in Victoria don’t turn into a political side show. There is much more at stake than that.

“The reality is that tens of thousands of businesses are at stake as are the livelihoods of their employees.

“The state government still has no economic plan to revive Victoria and we needed one weeks ago to give business confidence and certainty that they could keep going.

“The Treasurer is right to stand up for Victorian business. And we would hope the Victorian government does so too.”

Business Council of Australia chief executive Jennifer Westacott also backed the Treasurer: “He’s calling out a big issue here in terms of the fact that people in Victoria — particularly small businesses are on their knees.

“They have no certainty. They have no direction. And he (Mr Frydenberg) is simply expressing what is self-evident: that people, in order to have their freedoms, need to have their jobs back and their businesses back.”

83. twostix

Is this real??

Hockey you absolutely worthless cuck, it’s not 2016 anymore!

H B Bear
    #3625282, posted on October 19, 2020 at 10:23 pm

Hockey always seemed a bit dim.

All was his doing, a leader he wasn’t.
    Pleasing the enemy FGS, giving jobs to his detractors and no-hopers, or opposition even?

85. twostix

Here’s the deal: if you’re a male politician, and your wife refuses to take your name and instead makes you give your children her daddy’s name instead…

You are a cuck, and will also be a failure as a politician!

86. Armadillo

From Miranda’s article in the NY Post.

It is not hard to believe that Hunter would be as reckless as to abandon a laptop at a repair shop. In October 2016, he left a crack pipe in a Hertz rental car in Arizona, along with a white powdery substance, credit cards and his driver’s license, as widely reported.

87. Oh come on

Grauniad screams that campaigning in Florida has begun in earnest as Coronavirus surges in 48 out of 50 states.

88. twostix

Remember that dumb “budget emergency” Hockey budget where the Liberal dumbos hanged themselves politically to cut the national debt by 0.1% and Hockey stood around smoking a cigar afterwards “job well done Mr!”.

Nobody else does either. Here have this trillion dollar debt.

LOL what an abortion of a party the liberals are.

89. Oh come on

Coronavirus is on the ballot, apparently. And it’s got all of the momentum. Gunna win 48 states!

90. Increase da Bass

Metallica – Orion (Cliff Burton Bass Really Loud)

91. vlad

I wouldn’t hold it against Hockey that he smoked a cigar in a private area where someone could stand on a ladder or whatever they had to do to get a photo of him through a telephoto lens. That was gutter journalism.

92. vlad

I wouldn’t hold that against him, that is, when there’s so much legitimate mud to throw at him.

93. min

Dan a pathological liar whose lies have been exposed is now starting to lash out at everyone who shines the light on him . First it was the put downs on female journalists now it is Josh and he has also had a go at other ministers . He is starting to frazzle so expect a major blowup soon as others are joining in the complaints against him

94. vlad

And with that, good night.

Pleasant … dreams.

95. OldOzzie

Manuel Utz
    #3625323, posted on October 19, 2020 at 10:59 pm
    RCP is probably centrist to left of centre.

Yet, they let Giuliani write this:

Only 2 comments so far, but the second one nails it – tomorrow will be interesting to read the comments – although as you say above – RCP is probably centrist to left of centre. – recently if you click through on pro Trump Articles on RCP – lot of comments support President Trump which is surprising

The lurid photos and videos of Hunter Biden engaged in illegal behavior aren’t just on the hard drive of the laptop that was forfeited to the Delaware repair shop. They are also in the possession of the Chinese Communist Party. Which means that the CCP has irresistible leverage over Joe Biden. Likewise, the emails documenting the bribes paid to Joe Biden are in the possession of the CCP. A Biden Administration would be obedient to the CCP in all things. Joe Biden couldn’t pass a background check for a security clearance, given the CCP leverage over him and his family. This alone disqualifies him from ever holding any political office again.

96. twostix

During the height of the BLM / democrat reign of terror, Hockey retweeted this:

Minnesota officials believe white supremacists attending demonstrations in Twin Cities, official says http://hill.cm/Uum7WR8

And this.

A literal cuckservative!

Hey, it’s not an “18 speed Roadranger”* but some tips for MarkL.

98. OldOzzie

‘Thousands Upon Thousands’ Welcome Trump in…California

While Newport Beach is a conservative-leaning area in the deep-blue state, the enthusiasm is nevertheless similar to what the president has enjoyed across the country, as first evidenced by his high primary vote totals.

In 23 of the 27 states that held primaries both this year and in 2012, when President Obama ran for re-election, Trump has racked up higher raw vote totals than Obama did — often doubling or tripling his predecessor’s numbers. His primary vote totals also beat President George W. Bush’s in 2004.

The high Trump turnout showed up not only in reliably Republican states like Montana and Arkansas, but even in deep-blue strongholds and in purple states that Joe Biden hopes to flip come November.

In Michigan’s March primary, Trump’s 639,144 votes dwarfed the 174,054 that Obama notched in 2012. A few weeks later, Trump scored 713,546 votes in Ohio — more than twice Obama’s 2012 total of 285,990. (New York Post)

A literal cuckservative!

Teh Vicco Opposition?

100. Oh come on

There was so much tactical buffoonery in the Abbott govt. That Senate was a GIFT to the govt. Would it have preferred the Greens to hold the balance of power?? And how many of its contested budget measures went to a Senate vote? None. Why leave them there as an ongoing albatross around the govt’s neck? Who cares if you don’t have the numbers. How about get the Senate to vote on them and take names if they don’t pass? You never know what could be a wedge issue in the future.

Sure, it could have been pricey to buy off Xenophon and Cloive’s minions in the Senate, but not nearly as pricey as Abbott’s insane overpromising (no cuts to a bunch of things people who NEVER vote coalition care about, axe the carbon tax but keep the subsidies blah blah blah blah).

Abbott is a good man but he failed catastrophically when it really counted.

101. dover_beach

FMD Hockey is a moron. He is literally buying the MSM line, sinker and hook.

Sociopaths don’t like you exposing their false narratives?
    I’m shocked, I tells ya!
    /More “of little value stolen whilst inebriated”.

103. Infidel Tiger

Hopefully Hockey’s kids look like the bull who screwed his wife while he watched from the cupboard.

I regarded that as gutter journalism of the lowest order. Bob Hawke was partial to Havana cigars. It didn’t suit his image as “the little Aussie battler” , so there was a ban on any photographs published of him smoking one.

105. Gab

Antifa destroys yet more beautiful churches in Santiago, Chile.

”History has amply demonstrated that declaring war on God in order to eradicate him from human hearts only leads a fearful and impoverished humanity toward decisions that are ultimately futile.”

Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI

106. Oh come on

Abbott deserved to be turfed when he was. Replacing him with Trumble is SOP for the SFB Libs, but as a discrete event, Abbott’s dumping was entirely justifiable. He was awful.

107. dover_beach

Kirstie Alley
    @kirstiealley
    4m
    Our country elected farmers, tailors, oil men, & generals as Presidents. Many served & went back home.
    Career POLITICIANS swim in a swamp FOR DECADES!

We have another OUTSIDER here, who takes no PAY, who works 20 HOURS A DAY to make this joint better. F THE SWAMP!
    VOTE TRUMP

Love it.

108. Zyconoclast

Has Trump completely withdrawn troops from Iraq, Afghanistan or Syria yet?

109. OldOzzie

WATCH: Thousands of Vehicles Line Up in West Texas for Trump Train — Again

For the second time in three weeks, thousands of people took to the streets of Lubbock, Texas, to show their support for the re-election of President Donald Trump. An estimated 5,000 motorcycles, cars, pickup trucks, and tractor-trailers occupied the fast lane of Lubbock’s Loop 289 freeway.

Trump supporters gathered a Lubbock’s historic Cook’s Garage on Sunday to participate in a rally that would eventually stretch nearly the entire length of the freeway that encircles the city.

Roomba/Rumba – is that the pilates that MarkL does showing off his buns to the girls at the gym?

This could be really ugly

The Biden campaign has called a lid until Thursday.

112. Bar Beach Swimmer

Seems like they set that final hurdle quite purposely..

On bestowing citizenship this is a good idea – handshakes with females/males depending who is up for a guernsey and English language skills. Should save a lot of time and money as well as sort the chaff from the hay, pronto.

113. OldOzzie

Hunter Biden left laptop at repair shop, owner tells Senate panel

Hunter Biden himself left his laptop computer at a Wilmington, Delaware, repair shop whose owner eventually gave the hard drive’s material to the FBI and later to President Trump’s attorney, Rudolph W. Giuliani, the shop owner has told a Senate committee.
    How exactly the MacBook Pro, brimming with emails about Hunter Biden’s cash flow from a Ukrainian oligarch and Chinese communist-linked industrialists, ended up abandoned has been a key question.

But in a letter Saturday to FBI Director Christopher A. Wray, Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee Chairman Ron Johnson, Wisconsin Republican, disclosed that the shop owner, identified in media reports as John Paul Mac Isaac, told the panel directly that Hunter Biden dropped off the machine.
    It would be a federal crime to mislead a congressional committee on such an important fact.

Mr. Johnson said that on Sept. 24, the day after his committee issued a report on how Hunter Biden profited from his father, Vice President Joseph R. Biden, “a whistleblower contacted my committee and informed my staff that he had possession of a laptop left in his business by Hunter Biden.”
    This would appear to discredit allegations from Rep. Adam B. Schiff, California Democrat and chairman of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, that the emails are part of a Russian disinformation operation.

No one in the Biden camp, including Hunter Biden’s attorney, has challenged the emails’ authenticity. No person listed in email threads has come forward to debunk their genuineness

Much to do with Credlin, too, one suspects.

Credlin was Trumble’s former COS, that many seem to conveniently forget.

115. OldOzzie

‘Unverified’ is a (false) excuse for ignoring The Post’s Hunter Biden scoops

By Post Editorial Board

Much of the push to ignore The Post’s drop of Hunter Biden’s e-mails centers on the charge that it’s all “unverified.” The claim is more excuse than truth.

First, a host of media outlets have now interviewed the computer-repair guy who provided the data at the heart of these exposés — and he’s said exactly what we’ve reported from the start about how the laptop came into his possession.

Second, neither Hunter nor Joe Biden has even questioned the fact that the drive is real — they merely dismiss the entire line of questioning, while charging that The Post has an agenda in presenting it to the world.

Third, we’ve published emails and pictures — most of which have nothing to do with Ukraine or China — that contain an extraordinary level of detail. Is that all fabricated? The Biden campaign’s response, notably, is not that an e-mail from a Burisma official thanking Hunter for an introduction to his father isn’t real, it’s that said meeting doesn’t show up on Joe’s “official” schedules. Pressed by Politico, the campaign acknowledged that they couldn’t say for certain if Joe Biden had met him casually.

116. Infidel Tiger

Nothing sums Hockey up more than as our top man in Washington it wasn’t him who introduced our PM to Trump, but Greg Norman.

Hockey was so convinced the Clinton Crime Cartel was going to win, he had no contacts in Trump world.

The lazy slob has also managed to remain obese despite twice having gastric surgery.

117. OldOzzie

Liz Peek: Trump vs. Biden — 5 reasons why a sane person should vote – again – for Trump

In 2020 here are five critical reasons to vote for Trump.

– First up: Education.
    – Next up: ObamaCare.
    – Next: The economy.
    – Next up: Dissatisfaction with government
    – Finally, the Supreme Court.

118. twostix

I do not believe the QLD LNP have a hope this election.

I’ve never seen anything like it, is the party apparatus deliberately running dead for the freckle woman?

It’s wall to wall crazy cat ladies and soy poisoned bugmen staring off the blue coreflutes.

Terrible optics. Terrible campaign, terrible leader, terrible candidates!

119. OldOzzie

Poles in America Demand Biden Correct ‘Harmful, False Characterisation of Poland’

Poles in America have urged Joe Biden to correct his “false” and “harmful” comments about Poland at a recent town hall, where he appeared to lump it in with Belarus and other “totalitarian regimes”.

“You see what’s happening in everything from Belarus to Poland to Hungary and the rise of totalitarian regimes in the world, and, as well as, this President embraces all the thugs of the world,” Biden had said on October 15th — causing enormous offence in the latter two countries, both EU democracies and NATO allies.

120. mh

Infowars reports that there are multiple videos that capture Hunter Biden engaged in extreme sexual abuse of under-age Chinese teens.
    Are there any other media sources reporting this?

The narrative is this:

…In other words, the Hunter Biden hard drives are not merely about sex. They are about violence and sexual abuse of minors. And the CCP has all these videos (and more) which can be used as leverage against a Biden presidency.

I do not believe the QLD LNP have a hope this election.

Can they form a decent Opposition, given the great chance of losing the Election anyway?

twice having gastric surgery.

Twice? really?

123. OldOzzie

mh
    #3625381, posted on October 20, 2020 at 12:05 am
    Are there any other media sources reporting this?

The narrative is this:

mh

The Problem is CCP has the Biden Family by the Short and Curlies as the comment on the RCP Giuliani Article below states – America is at risk from the Biden Family

mh

That’s not true. Infowars says they’ve seen vids of him having sex with underage extraterrestrials.

Dude, you have to do better than infowars 🙂

125. OldOzzie

India China border war: New Delhi captures Chinese soldier who had crossed border

INDIA has apprehended a Chinese soldier after he strayed across the Line of Actual Control (LAC).

126. twostix

How bad is it when you have to mechanically reduce the size of your gut to physically prevent you from stuffing food excessive amounts of food into your pie hole?

How much worse to elevate someone who has to do that to high office in the nation and put him in charge of the nation’s treasury!

Fellas

I’m sorry but there has to be a more credible source than Infowars.

128. mh

JC, that’s why I was interested to see what other outlets are saying.

129. Bar Beach Swimmer

Abbott is a good man but he failed catastrophically when it really counted

OCO, I don’t know how you can say that. What, elected 7/9/2013, politically assassinated by Turnbull 15/9/2015, so only in the job for just 2 years with an earlier challenge that same year having failed (6/2/2015).

That first leadership spill occurred only 16 months after he won the election showing full well that Turnbull had been plotting from day one and kept going until he unseated Abbott in the September.

I seriously doubt that any leader with a Turnbull psycho-monster bearing down like that could have withstood the onslaught for long, let alone achieved anything. Even the Hawke-Keating or the Howard-Costello rivalries did not come close to the psychotic stalking that Abbott had to deal with during his time in the top job.

However, his government still managed in the course of that 16 months to deliver some very important successes not least of which were these big ones: stopped the boats; rescinded the carbon tax and mining taxes; three trade agreements (Japan, China, South Korea).

IIRC, he also favoured the Japanese submarines rather than the stuff-up that we’ve ended up with. Had the original pick come to fruition Australia would have saved a motza, as it is now we’ll be paying it out for decades.

Compare that record to what Turnbull actually achieved (SSM – so nothing of note) and where he’s led us (Paris Climate Accord)😫😫😫. I know which one I’d rather have stayed as leader.

Republican text pal

Yesterday this girl I know went to a Trump rally in Long Island there was a huge parade 9,064 cars in the parade and tens of thousands of cheering fans

Demon supporting text pal

Long Island is chock full of ignorant racists, worse than Staten Island, if that’s possible

Both hail from Staten Island.

131. OldOzzie

The Biden Corruption Scandal Isn’t About Hunter, It’s About Joe

The Hunter Biden scandal indicates that Joe Biden, while vice president of the United States, knowingly allowed his son to sell access to the Obama administration, then lied about it.

By Margot Cleveland – The Federalist

Hunter Biden’s addiction is not the issue. Joe Biden’s addiction is: His addiction to power and money. And it is the evidence of the former vice president’s corruption, and the national security risk our country would face by electing Biden, that is the story of the MacBook hard drive, not the salacious, verified photographs and videos of Hunter Biden.

For nearly a week, corporate media successfully ignored or downplayed news of the trove of Hunter Biden’s emails, texts, photographs, and videos recovered from a laptop abandoned at a Delaware computer repair store. Then confirmation of the authenticity of the materials first reported in the New York Post, and the release of a second set of emails — also confirmed— from another source finally forced the press to acknowledge the issue.

– It’s Not about Hunter’s Addiction, It’s about Joe’s
    – Senate Report Confirms Corruption
    – Whistleblower Turns Over Hunter’s Laptop
    – This Is about Joe Biden, Not Hunter
    – This Compromising Material Is a National Security Risk

If the emails and texts are fake, we need to know that. But all indications to date are that they are real, and spectacularly damning. And that has nothing to do with Hunter Biden’s addiction, and everything to do with Joe Biden’s unfitness for office.

132. Bar Beach Swimmer

OldOzzie
    #3625383, posted on October 20, 2020 at 12:05 am

Some more great news, OldOzzie! The politics of this year seems to be reflecting 2016 – we had Brexit in the June and Trump completed the upheaval in the November; this year the places have been swapped and Trump will come in first with Brexit finalised a few weeks later! It’ll be champagne all round.

Demote the turd to the back bench.

134. Oh come on

OCO, I don’t know how you can say that.

I went into some detail above. Perhaps you would care to read what I wrote.

135. twostix

I’ve told the story before of when I lived in Canberra, I was waiting at the airport one cold winters morning to pick up the mrs coming in from Sydney.

Beside me are a bunch of drivers milling about.

Off the plane who arrives but ole shadow treasurer Sloppy Joe. He waddles through the lounge, spies the drivers, halts, then nervously and pathetically enquires from a distance if there’s a car for him. They half deliberately ignore him, he asks a bit louder…silence, one of the drivers pipes up loudly “Anyone here for Mr Hockey?”….crickets.

I’m starting to die from cringe a bit at this quickly developing spectacle.

Hockey looks deflated, like an airless Yoga ball, and shuffles outside into the cold to get a taxi. After he’s out of earshot a ripple of laughter comes from the little sewing circle of drivers.

Zero respect for the Cuck everywhere!

– It’s Not about Hunter’s Addiction, It’s about Joe’s
    – Senate Report Confirms Corruption
    – Whistleblower Turns Over Hunter’s Laptop
    – This Is about Joe Biden, Not Hunter
    – This Compromising Material Is a National Security Risk

That’s 100% correct. The MSM ignoring it or putting Adam Wussia Schiff on and having bug eyes suggest it’s a Wussia head fake is total bullshit. Americans need to quickly find out if they’re real or fakes. If they’re fakes life goes on. If they’re real, Hiden needs to get out of the wagon and allow Harris to continue, prior to facing the music.

Leaving aside the politics of who wins or loses, this Hiden story is devastating potentially for the US. It means there’s a real possibility a complete crook has been nominated as the candidate of a major party who is a very serious national security threat. Moreover, it’s terribly damaging to the national psych if it’s true.

138. OldOzzie

We Gamed Out The 2020 Election And Found Our Constitution Can Handle The Madness

Risks this year include no certain presidential results on election night, and high-stakes struggles up to 79 days afterward, including foreign disinformation, fake news, and big-tech censorship.

There is no shortage of polls or pundits predicting the outcome of the 2020 presidential election. But “outcomes” include more than simply election results. Who is gaming out how America — and the world — will respond? We are.

While national polls suggest an edge for former Vice President Joe Biden, the winner isn’t determined by national polls. It is determined by who wins the Electoral College. Victory is won in the states.

– Scaring Voters into Mail-In Increases Election Uncertainty
    – Uncertainty Can Fuel More Rioting
    – Here’s What We Found

139. Oh come on

Trumble was a clear and present danger to the leadership throughout the Abbott govt. And the Abbott shadow govt, too. Blind Freddy knew it. You could have asked anyone who paid even the most cursory attention to OzPol ‘which individual would be the most likely to orchestrate Abbott’s downfall’ and they would have said Trumble. Every time. It was Abbott who brought him within striking distance.

Abbott squandered an enormous opportunity. Trumble certainly capitalised on Abbott’s haplessness; no doubt about that. However, the weight of Abbott’s numerous unforced errors was the primary cause of his toppling.

140. dover_beach

Brooke Singman
    @BrookeSingman
    · 1h
    NEW: @DNI_Ratcliffe says #HunterBiden laptop, emails ‘not part of some Russian disinformation campaign’

“There is no intelligence that supports that,” he said, despite claims from @AdamSchiff over the wknd suggesting otherwise.

There goes monty’s last talking point.

141. Bar Beach Swimmer

So your complaint is that he couldn’t get a deal with Xenophon and /or Clive and he kept the carbon tax assistance for pensioners.

Horse trading depends on whether each side is prepared to trade – Clive would only agree to rescinding the carbon and mining taxes and he wouldn’t accept getting rid of the clean energy fund – he famously had that oaf Al Gore turn up to Parliament House.

As to Xenophon, he agreed to the reintroduction of the Temporary Protection Visa and the Direct Action plan for CO2 emissions – so some victories there.

As to whether a government should push for a vote in the Senate and leave stalled legislation there as a possible trigger for a double dissolution – yes, if the legislation is a core promise or a major plank of it’s philosophical agenda, I think it should. That that has not happened for some years – apart from Turnbull who nearly lost the 2016 election on those terms – shows that there are a number of weak-gutted politicians out there.

18c should have been handled better but it was deliberately blown up by the wets and when there are traitors in the camp I’m not sure what can be done – short of shooting them.

142. OldOzzie

The Feminist Case for Trump

A true feminist agenda is not at odds with a true American one.

On Tuesdays, we vote Democrat!” This line could have been uttered by Plastics’ member Karen Smith in Tina Fey’s 2004 classic film, “Mean Girls.” The movie famously explores and dissects the joys and pitfalls of high school clique-based culture.

The female characters Fey created expose how peer pressure is used by women to exploit and sublimate other women to embrace the amorphous goals of popularity and social acceptance into a desired group. The means by which women do this carry over into their adult lives. Peer pressure often compels women into thinking and acting in a certain way to secure the acceptance of other females.

Without a doubt, American women are facing tremendous pressure in the mainstream media and on social platforms to vote for Joe Biden on November 3. Ostensibly, supporting the Democratic ticket would guarantee the rights and privileges the feminist juggernaut has secured for women since the 1960s. President Donald Trump has been portrayed as a monster and a nightmare king who threatens to eliminate the gains women have made since the right to vote was secured in 1920.

This is a manipulative myth. Despite allegations of misogyny, the Trump Administration has done more for women than his predecessors, whether Democrat or Republican. These gains are not insignificant. Yet when many women discuss Trump, the arguments focus not on facts, but on points that can only be described in terms of an emotional relationship.

In other words, their arguments are stereotypically . . . well, female.

For women who are beyond such girlish behavoir, however, there is a strong feminist case to be made for favoring the president.

Empowerment and economics are intrinsically linked. The iconic feminist authors have advocated for the freedom of women to pursue an education, choose our professions, our partners, and have autonomy over our personhood. By these metrics, under the Trump Administration, women have fared well.

According to the Council of Economic Advisors, “the female unemployment rate fell to 3.4%—a 66 year low,” achieved last February, before the COVID-19 pandemic upended the U.S. and global economy. The wage gap also narrowed due to the administration’s policies. A minority House Ways and Means Committee report found women’s wages have increased by 8.6 percent since 2017. Tax reform under Trump’s administration helped women become more financially independent, and enjoy the freedoms and perks that came with it. Biden’s oft-stated plans to raise taxes would effectively end those achievements.

The controversial appointment of Betsy DeVos to head the Department of Education has also benefited women. DeVos has been vilified in the press, in part because she rolled back Obama’s expansion of Title IX’s many provisions. Yet under the previous administrations, sports programs were obligated to allow trans-men to compete against women in their own programs. DeVos argues such programs remain exclusively for women, and that the benefits accorded to female competitors, such as scholarships, should remain assigned to them.

DeVos also ensured due process for students facing academic review boards. Under the Obama revision, the burden of proof that lays with the accuser was removed. Many young men, unfairly accused of sex code violations, were expelled—some losing scholarships that were not reinstated when these cases were found to be baseless in civil court. It does not serve women’s integrity if we are not held to the same standard of proof as a man. It undermines female credibility and increases suspicion, not only on the college campus, but in the workplace as well.

President Trump advocates school choice. DeVos’ support of this policy promises to drastically cut the dropout rate and raise competency. If implemented, this policy could benefit women, particularly women of color, by lowering the drop-out rates of their children and promises to reduce early single-motherhood substantially. The long term benefits of real improvements to education in this country would also reinforce the significant gains made by the Trump Administration in the female labor rate, and further close the wage gap.

More to read that is quite interesting, including perspective on Kamala Harris

I would be interested in Cat Ladies Views on the review of Kamala Harris

143. mh

I’m only 15 mins into this, but Rudy gives a good backgrounding on this huge story that the Establishment desperately wants to make go away

144. Bar Beach Swimmer

Look at moi, look at moi; I’ve got two words for you, Josh, High Court!

145. Oh come on

BBS, it seems you’re a Liberal true believer, so there really isn’t any point relitigating Abbott’s numerous leadership failures* with you. I’m sorry you aren’t able to see things more objectively.

*but I’ll add the following as something for you to ponder: if you’re a genuine leader, you never have the luxury of blaming others for your demise

146. Bar Beach Swimmer

OCO,

I think Abbott did have a lot to contend with but still achieved some lasting benefits for Australia.

You’re right about genuine leaders – and I’m happy to be corrected, but I don’t remember Abbott crying over his demise the way you suggest, or blaming anyone for it. (btw, he didn’t need to blame Turnbull because everyone knew what Turnbull was; treachery is independent of the qualities of the leader because it acts out of faithlessness and betrayal).

As to pinning me as a Lib – once upon a time, yes, but Turnbull changed that: if the Libs could raise up such as he, particularly in his second iteration when they knew what he was, well, I was one of the ones they lost.

147. twostix

Good to see the rest of Free Australia catching up to my mode of thinking on this, we’re all working while bludger communist Victorians sit around shit posting for 15 weeks straight.

You’re going to pay us back, this wasn’t a Victorian state holiday that you get to have on our dollar!

148. Joanna Smythe

All this exposure about the Bidens is just the tip of the iceberg. PDT has loads that could be exposed about the Clintons and Obama and others. It’s all there, just waiting. After the election, when Trump wins, my theory is he will do a deal on the understanding there is a smooth transition.

zero respect for the Cuck everywhere!

Remember his morning chats with Kevin ’07 on Sunrise?

Pathetic, giving that creep a platform.

OldOzzie
    #3625405, posted on October 20, 2020 at 12:37 am

Your new formatting style is great, thanks.

It’s Not about Hunter’s Addiction,

Pr0n probably leads in that direction.

A woman posted that even Youtube seems to have an algorithm to suggest progressively younger women/girls – often to Ruski hosted sites.

/Arkancide

Scummo hitting the panic button f#cked many of us up.

153. Zatara

There won’t be a transition if he wins. Now if the Reps retake the House and Pelosi gets the boot that might be seen as a little transition.

As to a deal, for the sake of the nation all that dirt needs to be brought out once and for all and justice seen to be done. It’s all been swept under the rugs since at least the first Clinton admin and has caused a major loss of faith in the institution(s).

It’s time to come clean and shock the begeezuz out of the lesser informed but massively opinionated.

154. Tintarella di Luna

155. Top Ender

Much appreciated Tom!

156. feelthebern

They are casting spells in Boston & eating hearts.
    Yep, the DNC is well grounded.

157. feelthebern

This guy is still appearing on CNN as a legal analyst.

He’s expected to be on this week with the ACB vote.

158. feelthebern

$US10billion shale deal overnight.
    The market has spoken.
    Trump wins.

159. feelthebern

Twitter suspends Bar Stool Sports.
    Satire is violence.

160. rickw

Salty Cracker, 8:23, actors to Biden’s rescue:

161. rickw

Crowder, 6:57, Hunter Biden laptop:

162. rickw

Jerry, 4:13, US election:

163. Ed Case

***It means there’s a real possibility a complete crook has been nominated as the candidate of a major party who is a very serious national security threat. ***
    Harry S Truman fits that description to a T.
    He sprang out of the Pendergast Gang in Kansas City, did everything he possibly could, along with a nest of highly placed traitors to sell out the Nationalists and ensure a Communist Victory, then started the Korean War as an excuse to blockade Formosa with the 7th Fleet.
    Biden will have trouble topping that.

164. rickw

Memology, Big Tech & Antifa looking after other:

165. Mother Lode

Just reminiscing about the old Open Thread.

I was first.

Happy days.

166. Herodotus

Bramston in The Australian:
    “ If Berejiklian survives, our democracy is weakened and our politics will be irreversibly degraded.”
    This from an ardent Gillard supporter.
    The Oz declines to allow comments under the article.

167. Cassie of Sydney

“The Oz declines to allow comments under the article.”

Naturally.

168. Knuckle Dragger

Lester.

Excellent.

169. Cassie of Sydney

Oh look…the racist has arrived.

170. feelthebern

Ghislaine Maxwell testimony to be unsealed.

171. Knuckle Dragger

Sigh.

The egg_roomba’s been up howling at himself overnight again, unfortunately. At 11.21:

‘Hey, it’s not an “18 speed Roadranger”* but some tips for MarkL.

*Anything that shifts 460 tonnes of coal is not a pissy manual (Torque Capacity (Nm): 1966-3050).’

I know you’ll read this once you’ve levelled out, _roomba. First, I said ‘crashbox’ not ‘Roadranger’.

Second, it’s good to see you’ve adopted the double spacing you used to hate so much. Third, I don’t care how much coal your Tonka can carry – if it’s automatic you’re not driving it, you’re steering it.

Is that based on any evidence? How does anyone know what the CCP was able to obtain?

173. feelthebern

You have to hand it to the Obama faction of the DNC.
    Run dead in 2020.
    Give Michael a rails run in 2024.

174. Knuckle Dragger

Confused. Erratic. Getting on bandwagons. Mistakes people for other people.

Easily led around and distracted, like a circus camel. Leaves himself wide open to commentary and various degrees of pisstake. Gets all squealy-defensive at said pisstake, and leaves things scattered about for others to pick up and poke him with.

There is but one inescapable conclusion from all these developments, and that is this:

_egg is Hunter Biden.

175. feelthebern

This is like the last scene of Godfather I.
    Michael (Trump) is cleaning house.

176. Mother Lode

Ice Cube
    @icecube
    3:02 AM · Oct 18, 2020·

Is that a reference to Greeks harking to the adage to ‘Beware of Greeks bearing gifts’, or is it a more prosaic reference to some particular Greek?

177. Mater

Much talk last night about Joe Hockey. That he was offered a role with the Labor Party, when he started in politics, should tell you much.

It seems to be a reoccurring theme with the Wets.

In fact, I’d use it as an entry barrier to the LNP, if I was King for a day.

“In 1987, Hockey protested at Bob Hawke’s introduction of university fees. Hockey’s term as SRC president, besides the protests, included the renovation of the club’s headquarters, a cutback on the expenses of Honi Soit, the closure of the SRC Women’s Room, but the opening of a free legal advice service. Towards the end of his term as SRC President, the Australian Labor Party’s Deputy Prime Minister Lionel Bowen phoned Hockey and invited him to join the ALP. Hockey researched the philosophies of John Stuart Mill and decided to join the Liberal Party.“

If a quick reading of JSM, late in your university days, decides your political persuasion, things are likely to go astray at some point in the future.

178. Geriatric Mayfly

The Twelve Steps Redux. “My name is ******** and I am a White Supremacist.”

Step 1: “We admitted that we had been socially conditioned by the ideology of white supremacy.”

Step 2: “We came to believe that we could embrace our ignorance as an invitation to learn.”

Step 3: “We develop support systems to keep us engaged in this work.”

Step 4: “We journeyed boldly inward, exploring and acknowledging ways in which white supremacist teachings have been integrated into our minds and spirits.”

Step 5: “We confessed our mistakes and failings to ourselves and others.”

Step 6: “We were entirely ready to deconstruct previous ways of knowing, as they have been developed through the lens of white supremacy.”

Step 7: “We humbly explored new ways of understanding…proactively seeking out new learning and reconstructing a more inclusive sense of reality.”

Step 8: “We committed ourselves to ongoing study of our racial biases, conscious or unconscious, and our maladaptive patterns of white supremacist thinking.”

Step 9: “We develop strategies to counteract our racial biases.”

Step 10: “We embraced the responsibility of focusing on our impact, more than our intentions, in interactions with people of color.”

Step 11: “We engage in daily practices of self-reflection.”

Step 12: “We committed ourselves to sharing this message with our white brothers, sisters, and siblings…in order to build a supportive recovery community and to encourage personal accountability within our culture.”

179. Cassie of Sydney

“Mater
    #3625478, posted on October 20, 2020 at 7:39 am”

Thanks for uploading that link back to 2014 yesterday. It was very insightful.

180. Mater

Thanks for uploading that link back to 2014 yesterday. It was very insightful.

I always had a lot of time for David’s comments. I wonder where he is?
    I know he was elderly, but I hope he’s still kicking.

181. Knuckle Dragger

Full props to Sky for diversity hiring.

Keeping that poor cross-eyed young bloke on, and in these timers of crisis too.

182. Mother Lode

What on Earth is Rowe on about today?

And is Broelman arguing that the Kiwis getting into Victoria is some cock up by the Feds rather than something the Victorian government was OK with until they cocked up the contact tracing they had undertaken to manage and suddenly discovered they were against the Kiwis turning up all along?

183. Cassie of Sydney

“Mater
    #3625481, posted on October 20, 2020 at 7:46 am
    Thanks for uploading that link back to 2014 yesterday. It was very insightful.

I always had a lot of time for David’s comments. I wonder where he is?
    I know he was elderly, but I hope he’s still kicking.”

I read a few of David’s comments….he struck me as inherently decent. Interesting that the racist’s Jooo hatred has been known and talked about for years here.

184. rugbyskier

One of the local commercial radio stations has a segment on the breakfast show with interesting or unusual stories from around the world. This morning they mentioned a bakery in Pennsylvania that runs an informal poll on the election by baking biscuits with each candidate’s name on them and predicting the result based on sales. The bakery has been doing it since 2008 and the sales have indicated the winning candidate each time. The baker has announced the result two weeks early instead of a day or two before because it has been so decisive, 75% of the biscuits sold this time have been the Trump ones.

185. Mother Lode

The left doesn’t do cartoons. They do downloads. All their readers receive their talking points in graphic form because sometimes words are unfathmob unflam funbl …hard.

186. Cassie of Sydney

“The baker has announced the result two weeks early instead of a day or two before because it has been so decisive, 75% of the biscuits sold this time have been the Trump ones.”

We can only hope.

187. mh

Trump tells reporter he’s a ‘criminal’ for not reporting Hunter Biden story

188. feelthebern

Excellent.
    Now CNN “suspends” Toobin too.
    Note to self, don’t whip dick out on a zoom call.

189. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)

Oh look…the racist COWARD has arrived. FOR HIS DAILY DOSE OF MASOCHISM

covfefe!

190. Geriatric Mayfly

The Day of the Ferret. Will Mizzz Coates flush The Hunchback and his cohort into the nets or find a dead end and curl up for a snooze?

191. OldOzzie

Biden’s Big Media Malarkey Machine

Journalists are determined to drag “Landslide Joe” to victory.

If you believe the media, Joe Biden is heading toward a landslide of such historic proportions that even Texas may tip into the Democrat’s column. Of course, no intelligent person actually believes this, but the propaganda organs of our national media are so devoted to Team Joe that the possibility of turning Texas “blue” continues to be the subject of allegedly serious reporting.

A well-informed source in Texas tells me GOP internal polls show a tighter-than-usual contest there, and Democrats are bombarding young Texans with get-out-the-vote text messages, but this is a state Trump won with a comfortable margin of more than 800,000 votes in 2016. Nevertheless, the media are dreaming the impossible dream. The Washington Post’s Dan Balz, for example, expended some 1,500 words exploring the scenario of a “Biden upset” in Texas driven by “a huge Democratic surge” in a state that no Democrat has won since 1976. The Associated Press last week published an article breathlessly hyping “the surprise of Democrat Joe Biden appearing viable in Texas so late in the game,” a possibility the AP insisted had inspired “some party leaders and supporters impatient for the former vice president to go all in.”

If we can believe what the media is telling us about the former vice president’s vast advantage, then why shouldn’t Biden “go all in” and try to win Texas? But nobody actually believes the polls, not even Biden’s own campaign staff.

“We are not ahead by double digits,” Biden campaign manager Jen O’Malley Dillon told supporters Friday in an online “grassroots summit.” Dillon said the national polls are showing “inflated … numbers” and, while she didn’t specify the size of this inflation, Team Biden continues to focus on a handful of key battleground states. Texas is not on the list, no matter how much hype his media minions give to the prospect that “Landslide Joe” might win the Lone Star state.

What the media are doing, not just with poll numbers, but with everything else about this campaign, is an exercise in deliberate dishonesty — “malarkey,” as Joe Biden might call it. Because of their profound loathing of Trump, the political press corps are desperate to believe that their four-year nightmare will soon end. Their deepest fear is a repeat of 2016, when their overconfidence in Hillary Clinton led to an Election Night embarrassment that none of them had predicted (see “Why Is the Media Madness Intensifying?”). Part of the problem, as Biden’s campaign manager indirectly acknowledged, is that national polls are a poor reflection of the Electoral College result, which actually determines who becomes president.

If the media were really so confident in “Landslide Joe,” wouldn’t they have confidence in his ability to withstand the damage from the Hunter Biden scandal? After all, we are expected to believe, Biden is leading by double digits nationwide, and is ahead in every crucial battleground state. The enthusiasm for Biden is so contagious, the media want us to believe, that even Texas is teetering on the brink. But Biden isn’t campaigning in Texas, is he? He’s not in Texas. Or Florida, or Ohio, or Wisconsin — no, he’s locked down in his Delaware basement.

Maybe the Biden campaign is working from some kind of genius four-dimensional chess strategy that we simple-minded “deplorables” can’t understand. Maybe the polls are accurate, but on the other hand, maybe they’re just a load of malarkey. Either way, the only way Biden can win this race is with the assistance of the media trying to drag his aging carcass across the finish line. They’re pulling as hard as they can, and it still might not be enough.

192. Shy Ted

Ouch
    Offensive FBs way too offensive today

193. OldOzzie

Bruce of Newcastle
    #3625494, posted on October 20, 2020 at 8:11 am
    Hunter hunts Hunter!

Great Cartoon sums up Biden Family

194. OldOzzie

No Russian conspiracy in Biden laptop scandal: DNI Ratcliffe

Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe said on Monday there is no evidence that Hunter Biden’s explosive emails are part of a Russian disinformation campaign, specifically calling out Rep. Adam Schiff for spreading the conspiracy without evidence.

“It’s funny that some of the people who complain the most about intelligence being politicized are the ones politicizing the intelligence,” Mr. Ratcliffe said, according to Fox News. “Unfortunately, it is Adam Schiff who said the intelligence community believes the Hunter Biden laptop and emails on it are part of a Russian disinformation campaign.”

“Let me be clear,” Mr. Ratcliffe said. “The intelligence community doesn’t believe that because there is no intelligence that supports that. And we have shared no intelligence with Adam Schiff, or any member of Congress.”

I see the coronavirus menu has been removed from the “Home” page.

Yesterday’s news/today’s fishwrap?

196. Gilas

mh
    #3625359, posted on October 19, 2020 at 11:32 pm

Trumpscape

Amazingly reckless! What are his advisers thinking?

Sitting duck for a sniper.

197. dover_beach

Twitter suspends Bar Stool Sports.
    Satire is violence.

There will be a reckoning.

198. Cassie of Sydney

Victoria is a dystopian nightmare…

“Hotel quarantine guests may be exposed to HIV

An urgent health warning has been issued to more than 200 people who underwent hotel quarantine in Victoria to get tested for HIV after an error resulted in possible cross contamination.

Safe Care Victoria said yesterday that 243 people that received blood glucose level tests while in hotel quarantine between March 29 and August 20 could be at risk of contracting a bloodborne virus after the same test was reused on multiple people.

“Blood glucose level testing devices intended for use by one person were used across multiple residents,” Safe Care Victoria said in a statement.

“This presents a low clinical risk of cross-contamination and blood borne viruses — Hepatitis B and C, and HIV.”

Former Labor Leader Bill Shorten said the latest mistake coming out of Victoria was “not good enough.”

“It must be really stressful and worrying for the people who have gone through this. I hope that they can get the test results back as quick as possible,” he told Today.

“The rest of Australia has moved on but Melbourne is caught up in it. I just want to see my hometown beat this thing and get back to … I don’t want to use the word ‘normal’, I know what we are in at the moment isn’t normal.””

I think the nightmare of socialist Victoria is even bothering Bill.

199. OldOzzie

Jake Tapper rips Joe Biden’s quiet campaign schedule: ‘Opposite of the word tireless’

During an interview with Democratic Sen. Chris [email protected], Mr. Tapper expressed incredulity that Mr. Biden, the Democratic presidential nominee, had taken the day off Saturday less than three weeks before the election.

“President Trump visited two swing states yesterday,” the CNN host said. “He’s in a third today. I get you don’t like what he’s saying, but if the Biden campaign is so worried about complacency, where was Joe Biden yesterday? He had a whole day without any public events with less than three weeks to go.”

“Well, Jake, Joe Biden takes no votes for granted,” Mr. [email protected] responded. “As you know, both Joe Biden and Kamala Harris have crisscrossed the country, campaigning in critical, decisive swing states.”

“Not the way that President Trump is campaigning,” Mr. Tapper shot back.

200. rickw

Terrible…. Idiocy.

201. feelthebern

No wonder the omnibus bill indemnified all the toadies.

202. Cassie of Sydney

Great discussion with the always astute Brendan O’Neill……watch and listen when you have a spare hour…

203. Cassie of Sydney

“feelthebern
    #3625514, posted on October 20, 2020 at 8:39 am
    No wonder the omnibus bill indemnified all the toadies.”

Yep.

204. min

Reckon the Inquiry will be a Sham show as no recalling of witnesses or new witnesses so the senior female staffer from Andrews ’ office not there to answer questions re crucial 6 minutes . It seems they will be trawling through evidence already given . Well what would one expect given the history and connections of the ex judge given the job in the first place . Moreover focus to be on Sutton who appears to have never been in charge of anything that required organisation and classic example of Peter ‘s Principle but what we got was Murphy’s Law instead .

205. OldOzzie

Nolte: We All Know Why Joe Biden Is Hiding Out Two Weeks from Election Day

Democrat presidential candidate Joe Biden has been in hiding for days and intends to remain in hiding at least until Thursday night’s presidential debate, and I think we all know why…

Joe Biden’s mental frailty, his position on packing the Supreme Court, and his son Hunter’s emails are so bad, he and his campaign believe he is better off hiding from the public than going out and campaigning during the final two weeks of the election.

First, though, let’s talk about how outrageous it is for Biden to be so smug and secure in his victory, so smug and secure the national media will campaign on his behalf, that he thinks he can sit it out, hug the ball, run out the clock, while President Donald Trump is out there doing two and three events a day — while being president.

Never before in my 54 years have I seen anything like this. Okay, nothing about how corrupt and evil the national political media are in any way surprises me. Nothing. The media have embraced political terrorism… Not a surprise. The media are basically running Joe Biden’s campaign against Trump… Not a surprise.

No joke — if we find out the media have hired assassins to take out their political opponents, that would not surprise in the least. Same with Big Tech.

So the media’s behavior does not surprise me. But Biden almost entirely removing himself from the campaign trail for days and days and days this close to an election… Amazing. Who would have ever thought the 2020 Democrat nominee would make Hillary Clinton look like a workhorse.

Biden thinks he can win this thing with TV ads and media coverage only… I mean, on top of making almost no campaign appearances, he has almost no ground game. No one’s knocking on doors for Joe.

But we all know the main reasons why Biden is hiding…

206. mh

Pennsylvania Poll: Joe Biden’s Lead Narrows to Just 1.1%

Democrat presidential candidate Joe Biden and President Donald Trump are statistically tied in Pennsylvania, a Restoration PAC/Trafalgar Group survey released Monday — nearly two weeks out from the presidential election — revealed.

The survey, taken October 13-15 among 1,041 likely voters, showed Trump narrowing the gap in Pennsylvania, with Biden leading by just 1.1 percent — 47.5 percent to the president’s 46.4 percent. As has been the emerging theme in several recent surveys in key Rust Belt states, Biden’s lead is within the margin of error, which is +/- 2.96 percent.

“The poll included only one day of the existence of explosive new emails showing Hunter Biden cashing in big from foreign sources during his father’s tenure as Vice President,” according to the press release.

“It looks like the race is essentially tied across the important upper Midwestern swing states” Restoration PAC founder and President Doug Truax said in a statement.

“We believe President Trump has the stronger message down the stretch that will tip the balance his way,” Truax added.

The conservative super PAC hired Trafalgar Group in the final months leading up to the election “to complete polling through the November election in the crucial swing states of Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin.”

RealClearPolitics co-founder and President Tom Bevan has referred to Trafalgar Group as “one of the most accurate polling operations in America” following its successful predictions in both the 2016 and 2018 elections…