Ask Already

A former junior Democrat senator from Massachusetts, 1961:

Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.”

The current junior Democrat senator from Massachusetts, yesterday:

In the same inauguration speech, President Kennedy declared “the torch has been passed to a new generation.” Nobody is ever going to pass a flaming torch to Joe Biden. Except an impatient Kamala Harris, possibly.

This entry was posted in American politics, History. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Ask Already

1. stackja says:

Ed Malarkey.

2. Andre Lewis says:

Kamala won’t pass Joe a flaming torch, she will put in it is his lap while he is tied to the Oval Office chair.

3. thefrollickingmole says:

Kamel-toes maxim:

Build a man a fire and hes warm for a day.
    Set a man on fire and hes warm for life

4. Paul says:

Perfect question on the day by JFK. …. Your off to Vietnam boy to kill some commie bastards and save the the world …. 60,000 doers dead and a mixed bag of a million dead Vietnamese ……Well done Dems the ultimate winner’s !

5. wozzup says:

“Nobody is ever going to pass a flaming torch to Joe Biden.”

I would happily pass him a flaming bag of dog turds. Does that count?

6. Baa Humbug says:

Protect me and mine with meaningful property laws and equal application of justice.
    Take no more than 20% of my hard earned as taxes.
    Stay da fark out of my way and out of my life.

7. incoherent rambler says:

What can I do for my country?

A bonfire of the politicians and bureaucrats would be a good start.

8. Boris says:

60,000 doers dead and a mixed bag of a million dead Vietnamese ……Well done Dems

Never thought Nixon was a Democrat,

9. W Hogg says:

Maybe Sen Byrd passed Joe a flaming torch

10. Dot says:

The problem with Vietnam were stupid rules of engagement.

Either fight to win or get the hell out. Westmoreland had one arm tied behind his back and Nixon showed direct conventional force against the North could work.

If you wanted to be border guards, we needed to stay there until the fall of the USSR, which was not conceivable in 1962 or 1966.

I am not going to blame Kennedy for stopping communist expansion in SE Asia. It was at least a strategic victory for the West. It literally stopped in Borneo and Vietnam when we decided to shoot these commie murderous thugs in the face before they could go village to village hanging mayor’s and schoolteachers.

11. Dot says:

Anyway, Ed Markey is a prime example of “the constrained vision of the *elites*”.

12. Roger W says:

Charleton Heston was a Democrat before he became a staunch Republican. When asked why he changed he said, “I didn’t change, the party changed.”
    JFK would be a Trump Republican today.