Open Forum: November 21, 2020

2,915 Responses to Open Forum: November 21, 2020

1. Knuckle Dragger

Seinfeld re-run.

The puffy shirt episode. Very cool.

The only Beetle-sized thing I know of that flies is the 16″ projectiles lobbed by the USS Missouri when it did its time on the gunline in Vietnam…

When the Yanks recommissioned those battleships in 1984, the howler monkeys were gibbering that the Navy had lost the skills to man those battleships. At the same time, the Navy was receiving hundreds, if not thousands of letters – the oldest writer had just turned 80 – along the lines of “Even If I still can’t go to sea, I can still help train the young blokes…”

3. Steve trickler

Architects.

Biggest bunch of pretentious wankers on the planet…some of the home designs are hideous. How does some stupid moron allow a design where the door the FRONT door blocks access to Master Bedroom upon entry? Perth home builders….fvcking idiots!

I am happy to stick the boot into all of them.

Top ten tanks in the world 2020

Merkava Mk 4 – “Masada shall not fall again.”

5. Zyconoclast

When too much 4 D chess is barely enough.

Trump administration revives talk of action on birthright citizenship

The president first proposed ending the practice that grants citizenship to those born in the United States during his 2016 presidential campaign. He revived the idea in 2018 during an Axios interview, saying he would sign an executive order to enact the change.

Trump in August 2019 again said his administration was “very seriously” considering a measure to end birthright citizenship.

The Trump administration has revived discussions around taking executive action targeting birthright citizenship in its final weeks before leaving office,

6. Steve trickler

Hooray!

Let’s design a house with everything on the second floor. Perth hosts some of the biggest architectural retards on the planet.

7. mindfree

Just switched channels and caught Fox and Friends with Pete Segseth and idiot Jedibilah who was blowing shit up her arse that Sidney Powell had no evidence in her case. Now how is this genius know that. Did she do a search of all Powell’s folders to determine that or did she read it in her crystal ball? Did she not know that Powell is not going to let on until court

Hegseth was being too kind in responding but could not hide his seething. This dumb bint is the reason Fox has sunk so low in recent times.

8. Rex Anger

@ Lizzie-

Hairy’s just gone out to buy us some fresh coal for dinner tonight and tomorrow night.
    I am excited because I can try some new recipes and see if it tastes any better.
    With my cooking it’s sometimes hard to tell the expensive coal from the cheap stuff. 🙂

Apologies for being 7hr late to this particular party, but being a conosseiur of the Black Diamond, I can give you a few pointers on determining the good stuff from the dross:

* Cheap and nasty coal clinkers easily. If your grate clinkers up, it’s cheap.

* Smokey means lots of volatile hydrocarbons for secondary combustion. Ideally, you want to adjust your airflow such that you see a light smudge. If clear, you have too much secondary air, and you’ll waste the stuff. Black smoke is wasteful.

* You’ll never go wrong with NSW Hunter or QLD Galilee or Blair Athol. The very best I’ve ever had, I once shared with a beautiful lady named Marjorie at Richmond Vale. Ex-Bellbird Colliery. Beautifully glossy, lumps as large as man’s fist and gloriously energetic to burn.

* As with all good things, it is best consumed little and often. 😉

9. Colonel Crispin Berka

You’re talking about the coal, right?

10. BrettW

Which is how the US Navy led by Admiral Liam Neeson defeated the aliens in that battle in the Pacific Ocean a few years ago. All thanks to the old USS Missouri veterans who helped out the younger guys.

“At the same time, the Navy was receiving hundreds, if not thousands of letters – the oldest writer had just turned 80 – along the lines of “Even If I still can’t go to sea, I can still help train the young blokes…”

11. Rex Anger

You’re talking about the coal, right?

But of course!

You don’t burn ladies… 🧐

12. bespoke

Mark A
    #3667104, posted on November 21, 2020 at 11:25 pm
    Top ten tanks in the world 2020

What’s the flashing lite on the French one for?

bespoke
    #3667135, posted on November 22, 2020 at 3:53 am

Mark A
    #3667104, posted on November 21, 2020 at 11:25 pm
    Top ten tanks in the world 2020

What’s the flashing lite on the French one for?

It’s an EU thing, when on the move and not actually in battle they have the hazard lights on like any large vehicle.

Flashing light on a French tank? That would be the reversing light. LOL.

15. bespoke

Mark A
    #3667104, posted on November 21, 2020 at 11:25 pm

I can imagine potential adversaries appreciating the safety concerns. 🤣

So much WIP goodness this week.

Has to be Hobby Lobby

Powerful

Thanks Tom.

calli

#3667143, posted on November 22, 2020 at 6:02 am

I shouldn’t laugh

It will be more subtle than that.
    I hear foreign powers are already working on ways to get Biden by lacing children’s hair conditioner with nerve agents.
    Anyway, gotta zip.
    Early Mass online today.

18. Dot

Let’s embrace transhumanism.

Personality and Individual Differences
    Volume 48, Issue 5, April 2010, Pages 579-583

Correlations between estimates of state IQ and FBI crime statistics

Zulu Kilo Two Alpha
    #3667107, posted on November 21, 2020 at 11:30 pm

Top ten tanks in the world 2020

Merkava Mk 4 – “Masada shall not fall again.”

Agree with the sentiment wholeheartedly.

Don’t know if the Merka is the best, never had a chance of even looking at it.
    Familiar with ours of course and have driven most if not all European and Russian tanks, my fav at present is the T-90MS with reservation regarding the gearbox.

The firepower is awesome and the weight is just right for the horsepower. The optics and fire control are to quite good actually. (as far as I was able to ascertain anyway)

20. Daily dose of Covid 19

New deaths – 3
    Deaths per million – 10

Norway –
    Total deaths – 306
    New deaths – 0
    Deaths per million -56

The koels have finally arrived! A bit late this year.

Must have been held up at the border.

22. Gab

Hope they were wearing masks.

23. one old bruce

Audrey Tautou –

When he visited Paris, my son just had to eat at the cafe in ‘Amelie’. Then he dodged the pickpockets at Montmartre and Awful Tower – he said they were blatant and you could see them fleecing the rubes. Doesn’t like Paris, prefers Poland and Pierogis.

24. shatterzzz

Last night before the Ireland/England match .. NO Irishman took the knee!

Guns, birds and lathes.

Something for everyone at Catallaxy.

26. Shy Ted

Daily dose of Covid 19
    USA –
    Total deaths – 261,297
    New deaths – 966

Fingers crossed to make it
    USA –
    Total deaths – 261,298
    New deaths – 967
    Eh, CovidBob?

I can never remember the names of the other two guys in the Seekers.
    Athol and Judith of course we all remember.

(Seekers, no gimmicks, no vulgar lyrics, no twerking or crotch grabbing. Just pure music)

28. jupes

Last night before the Ireland/England match .. NO Irishman took the knee!

Well done the Irish. Great to see.

29. Mater

From Bob’s latest blog post (about the Brereton Report):

“The publicity has reminded me of occasional episodes when we took prisoners. One incident (covered in the chapter entitled TAOR in my memoir) involved my patrol encountering a party of about twenty civilians, woodcutters, whom we encountered in a no go zone north of the task force base.”

Bob,
    I was only joking yesterday when I said I hoped you hadn’t used the word “TAOR” in your ‘memoir’.
    FMD! You used it to name a Chapter without knowing what it means?

What a pisser!

Tactical Advance Offering Rations?

Hard to retract and correct a hard copy book, no?

30. Shane

Interesting that Facebook has now downgraded Biden from president-elect to only

Joe Biden
    @joebiden · Politician

31. Dot

The Seekers?

If I wanted to hear awful chamber muzak, I would have come out as an autistic lesbian already.

Dot
    #3667191, posted on November 22, 2020 at 7:52 am

The Seekers?

Strange, I always put you down as one?
    My mistake surely, sincere apologies.

33. rickw

I’ve got 100ft of gravel driveway, I need to build something to keep it in good order!

34. Dot

Forget autism.

You are proud transgendered male presenting lesbians, let’s see some right leaning lads get more PS jobs and insulate themselves from poundmetoo.

Look it might be the only way to get into the ADF in the future. Or fewcha even, as grammar and diction correcting Julia Gillard would say.

35. notafan

Its delightful how numbers trivialises the suffering of others to troll the cat.

But as long as you can try to irritate people here.

I suppose you think you are storing up treasure in heaven.

36. Knuckle Dragger

Haaa. #2, Ted. ‘I beg your pardon?’

Also applicable is ‘Excuuuuse, me, but’ at the start of a sentence, usually screeched out by the middle-aged Karen at the beginning of a rant – oblivious that she’s opening herself to all manner of parody as soon as she takes a breath.

37. Bushkid

calli
    #3667168, posted on November 22, 2020 at 7:17 am
    The koels have finally arrived! A bit late this year.

Must have been held up at the border.

Yep, must be a border hold up issue calli, they’ve been up here in CQ for well over a month now. We called them storm birds when we were kids, because they always heralded the spring storm season. Always love to hear them.

November 22, 1963, LBJ became USA President.

39. Knuckle Dragger

‘Tactical Advance Offering Rations?’

‘Hard to retract and correct a hard copy book, no?’

Excuuuuse me, but Mater:

‘I’ll call it what I like.’

40. Bushkid

Rex Anger
    #3667125, posted on November 22, 2020 at 1:18 am
    @ Lizzie-

Just one of the reasons I love The Cat! You learn so many interesting things here. Seriously.

41. Eyrie

November 22, 1963, LBJ became USA President.
    Gutless moral and physical coward who pretended not to be. Ghastly excuse for a human being.
    Some years ago Mrs Eyrie and I landed on the airstrip on the claypan that a B-17, lost in a storm landed on in 1942. LBJ was one of the passengers. Tough on the rest of the crew but the world would be far better off if it had crashed.

42. Cassie of Sydney

Toowoomba Covid Alert!

Here’s the Daily Toowoomba tally…courtesy of Shy Ted.

Daily dose of Covid – 19.
    Toowoomba –
    Total dead – 0 (damn)
    Brain dead – 1
    Morally dead – 1

We live in hope. One day….one day.

Oh and good morning racist.

43. Cassie of Sydney

Oh and I wonder what lie the racist today will sprout about “some joke” he heard the priest say in morning mass?

44. Crossie

I think Miranda Devine must have been told to push the “Biden won” line. She said sure there was some isolated fraud but not enough to make a difference.

It seems our “Delcons” girl makes good in New York.

45. Boambee John

Eyrie
    #3667221, posted on November 22, 2020 at 8:35 am
    November 22, 1963, LBJ became USA President.

Master of the Demonrat craft of ballot box stuffing, and voter suppression by keeping blacks off the rolls.

Massively escalated the unmentionable war, guaranteeing that the bleating bin chicken eventually ended up there.

Much to answer for.

46. Crossie

Has anyone noticed how the gaslight media can state there was no election fraud and heartily believe it? They qualify it with “widespread” which means here and there. After all it’s just six states.

47. jupes

How the fuck would she know?

48. min

MSN claiming Biden win for Georgia but latest is governor is wanting not just a recount but ballots looked at for signatures , dates , creases etc. to eliminate .illegitimate ballots. Hope the lawyers can act quickly .
    I still cannot see Joe lasting the time the inauguration takes .

49. Every one of those deaths is a person made in the image of God, whose families are now grieving.

And every one of them is trivialised by the Trump administration.
    Some of his statements on the pandemic –
    Jan 22nd -“We have it totally under control.”
    Jan 30th – “We think we have it very well under control. We have very little problem in this country at this moment — five — and those people are all recuperating successfully. But we’re working very closely with China and other countries, and we think it’s going to have a very good ending for us … that I can assure you”.
    Feb 10th -“I had a long talk with President Xi — for the people in this room — two nights ago, and he feels very confident. He feels very confident. And he feels that, again, as I mentioned, by April or during the month of April, the heat, generally speaking, kills this kind of virus.”
    Feb 27th – “It’s going to disappear. One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear,”
    March 10th – “Just stay calm. It will go away”.
    March 24th -“I would love to have the country opened up and just raring to go by Easter,” the president said of easing social distancing guidelines in parts of the country.”
    April 3rd -“I said it was going away – and it is going away.”
    Today, a record number of new cases (138,411) was recorded in the USA, and 1297 people have died.
    This president cares nothing for his people.
    I’m simply reminding of that reality.
    Nobody else on this benighted site has the integrity to do so.

50. Arky

Fuck Miranda Devine.
    Another “conservative” champion of loser think.

51. Crossie

Shane
    #3667185, posted on November 22, 2020 at 7:48 am
    Interesting that Facebook has now downgraded Biden from president-elect to only

Joe Biden
    @joebiden · Politician

If true* very interesting. I didn’t think they had it in them.

*I can’t check, I’m not on Facebook.

52. Mater

‘I’ll call it what I like.’

Like when he keeps referring to a Charge Sheet as an “A4”.

Firstly, I doubt A4 was a thing in Australia in 1970.
    Secondly, until the age of Computer printing, PD 105s (Summary Proceeding Sheet) was roughly the size of a Senate voting sheet…a bloody table cloth that needed to be folded in half.

Bob throws around acronyms and indecipherable terminology in the hope that it makes him look knowledgeable in military matters. Whereas, the clown doesn’t know what navigation is, he is misinformed about ‘Danger Close’ and he refers to a TAOR as a type of patrol. Makes you wonder what else he’s got wrong in his book.

Bob, if you forward a copy of your book to me, through Sinc, I’ll fact check the terminology for you. I’ll even touch base with Johno, and get him to peruse the Vietnam specific stuff.

53. Knuckle Dragger

‘This president cares nothing for his people.’

Over 70 million voting Americans disagree with you.

54. Crossie

jupes
    #3667231, posted on November 22, 2020 at 8:46 am

How the fuck would she know?

I thought that must have occurred to Miranda as well which leads me to think she has been given instructions how to report it.

55. Maj

If the Murdochs are trying to deflect calls for a Rudd/Trumbull RC & to show the world they don’t say “Jump!” and their mastheads say “How high?” this isn’t the way to do it.

Let Miranda be Miranda!!

56. Arky

1735099
    #3667233, posted on November 22, 2020 at 8:46 am

Keeping a daily death watch for political reasons is toxic to you personally.
    You have put yourself in the position of cheering on deaths because they suit your anti- Trump position.
    I did the same thing when I was a lefty fuckwit, visiting the daily updates of US war dead, complete with the pictures of the deceased service personnel.
    A sick thing to do. At least I didn’t do it publicly on a blog.
    Within two years of that I joined the army.
    You will regret using deaths and keeping a death watch for this purpose. I urge you to stop.

57. Crossie

Paul Kelly on Sky accusing Trump of causing dangerous instability. See, if he cared for the country and the people he would concede and go away quietly like every other Republican loser. I don’t think that’s why Republicans voted for him in such huge numbers.

58. notafan

Shorter Numbers

“Some person, not me, make statements I think are awful.

Which totally excuses my trivialising the deaths of others to score points against people I despise.”

59. Knuckle Dragger

‘You will regret using deaths and keeping a death watch for this purpose.’

He hasn’t got long, Arky. He’ll shuffle off in good time – lamented by no-one, having achieved nothing of substance and erased from his own family’s history.

A Zoom funeral, much as thousands of families have been compelled to undertake due to the deaths he counted and cheered on would have a certain unintended justice.

60. notafan

and not one of Trumps comments gleefully pounced on death tallies to put the boots in.
    In fact all of them appear to be attempts to reassure people.

Trump also fast tracked the vaccination program and promised billions so that Americans and others could be protected.

Ditto on therapeutic treatments.

61. Cassie of Sydney

“Nobody else on this benighted site has the integrity to do so.

Everybody on this site, apart from you, has integrity.

You are a liar, a fraud and a racist.

62. Cassie of Sydney

“He’ll shuffle off in good time”

I don’t wish anyone to “shuffle off”….but I’ll make an exception with the racist.

63. Dot

Transhumanism part 2

IQ positively correlated to EQ.

Smart people aren’t awkward, stupid people feel awkward around them.

Now to show EQ lowers the crime rate (more empathy).

64. Arky

I might be a hopeless optimist, but I always come at him from the point of view that he has some remaining good intentions under the communist atrocity apologises, unrelenting trolling, personal grievances and anti- American provincialism.

65. Dot

This is too easy.

Industrial Psychiatry Journal
    Wolters Kluwer — Medknow Publications

The relation between emotional intelligence and criminal behavior: A study among convicted criminals
    Neelu Sharma, Om Prakash, […], and Amool R. Singh

Transhumanism is moral, desirable and within our grasp.

I’m stealing that, Crossie. Perfect description.

67. rickw

Keep this up and you’ll get a civil war regardless of election outcome. It’s all about safety isn’t it…..

68. Shy Ted

C’mon MadBob, off to mass with you, the usual place. Have a nice chat with the “priest” and the other “parishioners”. Share a few jokes, have a drink of the “Sacramental Wine”

69. Makka

And every one of them is trivialised by the Trump administration.

You’re just a grub, numbers. No wonder you were put back behind the wire. Who in their right mind would want to go into harms way with a grub like you.

I think Miranda Devine must have been told to push the “Biden won” line.

Yeah, there seems to be an insurgency in Newscorp led by the woke kiddies.

“We do not deny climate change”: Rupert Murdoch Responds to Accusations (20 Nov)

Rupert Murdoch has made his first public comments about the abrupt resignation of his son James Murdoch from News Corp’s board, rejecting assertions the company denies climate change or that he did not consider his son’s point of view.

The climate thing is very likely related to the Biden editorial instructions, since Joe is the champion of Gaia in the eyes of the progs.

So much of the political goings-on, from election stealing to calls for gulags for Trump supporters, is explainable by the climate beliefs of the Left, who sincerely believe Trump is destroying the world. They think anything, absolutely anything, is justified to stop that mythical apocalypse.

71. Makka

They know it’s bs Bruce. It’s simply a means to an end, that being taking control of Govts and populations. Once that is achieved, there will be plenty more instructions on how to live to follow.

72. Kev

Mater,
    Numbers is not always wrong. Mostly but not always.
    The A4 refers to charge report (AA Form A4) and TAOR was the term for Tactical Area of Responsibility which was that area surrounding the TF at Nui Dat that required a continual patrolling effort to keep the VC away. These patrols were generally conducted by Base soldiers – Admin Coy…Left out of Battle (LOBs) etc.

“He’s been put on an A4 for sleeping on picquet” or “Had to do a TAOR patrol last night” was common usage.

73. Nick

FMD! You used it to name a Chapter without knowing what it means?

In Bob’s case, he means Taking Anally Often Required

74. Dot

It’s a bit weird you can’t impersonate a soldier veteran (it’s illegal to wear the uniform) seeing that we don’t have martial law (yet) and if you’re not trying to get on base…

Politicians impersonate affable, popular, intelligent people who are our “leaders”.

75. Boambee John

Knuckle Dragger
    #3667239, posted on November 22, 2020 at 8:50 am
    ‘This president cares nothing for his people.’

Over 70 million voting Americans disagree with you.

Probably a lot more than 73 million, before Dominion voting and counting machines got in on the act.

76. Mater

Mater,
    Numbers is not always wrong. Mostly but not always.

Thanks Kev. I stand corrected on the common usage aspect.
    My apologies Bob.

77. miltonf

Tired old turd. Like Trump would care what that pissant thought of him.

The sermon this morning touched on “Fidelity through adversity”.
    Bob Hawke’s name came up and, in reference to Matthew 23:27, the priest described Bob and Blanche as “whited sepulchres in matching bathrobes”.
    Jeez we laughed.

79. Knuckle Dragger

‘Jeez we laughed.’

As you would.

Knuckle Dragger

#3667279, posted on November 22, 2020 at 9:54 am

‘Jeez we laughed.’

As you would.

A bit surprised too.
    I have never heard a priest ever criticise a politician from the pulpit before.
    Maybe it is a new thing.
    A directive from Rome perhaps.

New formula FNC selling better?

82. Nick

In Sydney, how do you get lefties to suddenly love a derelict coal fired power station ? Say you will knock it down to build flats.

Dems assassinated Abe Lincoln.
    Dems MSM charactered assassinated Donald Trump.

84. H B Bear

Paul Kelly on Sky accusing Trump of causing dangerous instability.

Kelly is legacy j’ism personified.

85. min

You can have a very high IQ with minimum EQ . Eg Turnbull as Daniel Goleman wrote when he introduced the notion of EQ . Education can raise EQ but only a little IQ . When Bidet IQ test used , education level influenced results however new methods of testing can measure IQ more accurately.

86. Those incorrigible WAGs. From the Hun:

‘A London judge has given initial backing to Rebekah Vardy in her libel case against Coleen Rooney, in a legal battle over an Instagram post by the two footballers’ wives.
    The women have locked horns over accusations about the leaking of private details to The Sun newspaper.
    High Court judge Mark Warby ruled that Rooney had clearly accused Vardy of leaking private Instagram posts to the tabloid.
    Rooney is the wife of former Manchester United star Wayne Rooney, while Vardy’s husband Jamie plays for Leicester City.
    Last year Rooney wrote she had gradually narrowed access to her Instagram after information appeared in the newspaper and deduced that Vardy’s account was behind it.
    Her sleuthing won praise from followers, who dubbed her “Wagatha Christie”.
    But Vardy denied guilt and launched libel proceedings.
    Justice Warby ordered Rooney to pay more than $41k in initial costs.’

Very humorous. And initial costs suggest to me this isn’t over. When all you have is your Instagram reputation, probably time to make better use of your time.

87. Megan

“Nobody else on this benighted site has the integrity to do

As a most prolific contributor to the benightedness this must include you.

88. Dot

I am saying let’s raise both, look to nutrition and physiology. Transhumanism. Doctors could have been doing this instead of making heroic Tik Tok videos…

IQ is positively correlated to EQ over a population.

Both independently lower violent and property crime rates.

Maybe Turnbull isn’t as smart as he thinks?

Yep, that is a fact: space chook has downgraded joe to politician.

And what a creep the old troll is with his chunk virus bullshit. The only comparison is between the victoristan fatality rate and the US fatality rate:

US: 2.1
    Victoristan: 4

What a liar the troll is. Imagine anyone using this disgusting old bastard as a role model. I reckon it’s family has disowned him and he lives under a culvert.

90. Shy Ted

Toowoomba Asshat Occasionally Right?

Someone mentioned Jim Cairns here yesterday.
    After the inglorious end to his political career and his flirtation with hippie shit, he used to try to sell his books outside South Melbourne market.
    Never sold a book as far as I know (hello Spud) and just blocked up the footpath.
    He disappeared in the early ’90’s. Story was that after Kennett rissoled the lefty inner-city councils, the by-laws on footpath trading were enforced on Jim, and the business case didn’t stand up.

92. thefrollickingmole

Think of the boost to GDP!
    Border Patrol agents are already seeing a Biden surge in illegal immigration at the southwest border, officials said Thursday, with the numbers surging 21% over the last month alone.

Acting Customs and Border Protection Commissioner Mark Morgan said worsening economic conditions south of the border are largely responsible for the uptick, but he also blamed “perceived and or anticipated shifts in policies” here in the U.S.

Rasmussen:

32% of Democrat voters want a special counsel appointed to investigate Biden family corruption.

52% of all registered voters would support an inquiry.

This comes fast on the trail of their finding that one third of Democrats thought it likely that the election was stolen from Trump.

Biden – assuming he is inaugurated on 20th January – will limp into office with a third of his own traditional voters doubting his integrity.

A pity the likes of Paul Kelly and the Australian msm don’t share the skepticism of the American electorate.

Anybody remember any good Jim Cairns and Juni Morosi jokes?

95. Knuckle Dragger

‘Toowoomba Asshat Occasionally Right?’

By his own standards, no. He said was ‘doing a TAOR’.

You don’t ‘do’ a Tactical Area Of Responsibility. You ‘do’ a TAOR patrol.

Yes I will be accused of nitpicking be semi-literates who claim to be PhD students.

96. Knuckle Dragger

*by*

Deliberate. I promise.

97. thefrollickingmole

Glorious maximum leader shows compassion.

Im Karen, and I approve of this message.

Is it just me or is Twitter struggling to load?

99. miltonf

They’re just doctrinaire marxists incapable of original or independent thought. Stupid and nasty. Even the better ones have bought into the big lie.

100. Knuckle Dragger, if you have a dead tree version of the Hun, flick to pages 38-9. Stifle your laugh.

Zulu – Juni sued newspaper over her and Jim affair. Joke?

102. miltonf

It’s grimly amusing that these germalists think their opinions on the USA have any clout. Possibly they think there are warning everyman in oz not to get any ideas.

103. miltonf

Cairns sued some newspapers and won.

104. miltonf

Then said that he did take Morosi to bed.

miltonf

#3667320, posted on November 22, 2020 at 10:41 am

Cairns sued some newspapers and won.

miltonf

#3667322, posted on November 22, 2020 at 10:41 am

Then said that he did take Morosi to bed.

I think Cairns lost on appeal, but Morosi won a case against 2GB.

Black Ball

#3667314, posted on November 22, 2020 at 10:37 am

A hint for those who don’t have a copy?

107. Mater

By his own standards, no. He said was ‘doing a TAOR’.

You don’t ‘do’ a Tactical Area Of Responsibility. You ‘do’ a TAOR patrol.

Correct.
    I was going to point this out, but thought I’d wait till Bob came in gloating, and doing pirouettes.

108. BrettW

The Trump Presidential Library is sure to make leftist heads explode.

The Trump Presidential Library is sure to make leftist heads explode.

Funny that Lefty heads didn’t explode when the building of Obama’s presidential library in Chicago involved the annexation of scarce public parkland.

110. Zyconoclast

Last night before the Ireland/England match .. NO Irishman took the knee!

Well done the Irish. Great to see.

Sadly the Irish rugby team weren’t rewarded for their ‘stand’.
    They lost 7 : 18

111. Albatross

Dot
    #3667292, posted on November 22, 2020 at 10:15 am
    […]
    IQ is positively correlated to EQ over a population.

EQ is unscientific baloney made from whole cloth by an idiot journalist.

112. Zyconoclast

Both independently lower violent and property crime rates.

Maybe Turnbull isn’t as smart as he thinks?

Is cat strangling considered violent?

113. miltonf

The point was that Cairns perjured himself in the original trial, for the sole purpose of filling his pockets. Like a true socialist.

114. miltonf

“This evening (Friday), a group gathered outside the Mexican Consulate in Downtown Portland,” the Portland Police Bureau tweeted. “The group was described as dressed in all black and wearing helmets. The group engaged in criminal behavior which included spray painting and vandalizing the property.”

What is it about that shithole? What fucked up evil people.

EQ is unscientific baloney made from whole cloth by an idiot journalist.

Indeed.
    Highly predictable and transparent in it’s objectives, but total gibberish.
    Designed to grant stupid people equal value in an organisation with people who were smart and knew what they were doing.

The pinnacle of EQ achievement was Victorian hotel quarantine.

116. miltonf

Speaking of evil people…

as Prince Charles puts it, ‘The threat of climate-change has been more gradual (than the pandemic) — but its devastating reality for many people and their livelihoods around the world, and its ever greater potential to disrupt, surpasses even that of Covid-19’. He argues we have ‘a golden opportunity to seize something good from the crisis’.

117. Arky

Anyone who continues to support the monarchy and the establishment as they prepare to jettison the common man in order to try to save their own skins in the face of global Marxism, is a fool.
    Remember this shit when they get Romanoved.

IQ is positively correlated to EQ over a population.

Both independently lower violent and property crime rates.

The supermarket chains deserve more respect and credit than the doctors.

While the medical industry costs gadzillions to heroically extend the life of a handful of old people … the supermarket chains quietly but significantly improved the quality of life of nearly everyone and provided this at a remarkably reasonable rate. PS have you seen the shelves of vitamins on offer these days? Someone must be buying.

Tom
    #3667255, posted on November 22, 2020 at 9:15 am

I’m stealing that, Crossie. Perfect description.

Yes. I’m pinching it too.

Remember this shit when they get Romanoved.

My thoughts exactly.
    I am not sure someone with an heriditary title sitting on vast estates should be cheering on “The Great Reset”.
    Be careful what you wish for Jug-ears.

121. lotocoti

Obviously some clever lefty thought SloJoe sinking the God Emperor’s campaign was especially meme worthy.
    While combining Joe with the second syllable of torpedo might roll off the tongue, the result is … unfortunate.

122. thefrollickingmole

Hey guys how do you like my new “Dope” T shirt.?

123. Exit Stage Right

[email protected] 10.32am

Anybody remember any good Jim Cairns and Juni Morosi jokes?

Q. If Juni Morosi was up to her neck in a bath of champagne, where would Jim Cairns be?
    A. Up to his balls in cider!

Bit lame I know, but the best I can come up with Zulu. Originally about Christine Keeler and Profumo from my school boy joke days, but I think it works with Morosi and Cairns.

124. Knuckle Dragger

‘Dope’?

Ohhhhhhhh.

I get it.

125. Knuckle Dragger

BB,

I have no tree copy of the Hun, but I’m curious now.

126. min

Juni was the screw that held the cabinet together

127. Leigh Lowe, those pages are dedicated to WAGs who aren’t with footballers. The summer sports set. Smiffy’s is a lawyer at least. Kyly Boldy is with some other bloke. There’s some grim reading, particularly Nick Kyrgios’ girlfriend.

128. Knuckle Dragger

Hint for franchisees of Smokemart, or whatever similar shit that passes for tobacconists now.

Please hire people who know what Zippo flints are, otherwise your customers end up having very slow, progressively more confounding conversations with subcons who can’t identify the desired product, even when presented with it.

I left empty-handed, also realising I am shithouse at charades.

129. Knuckle Dragger

Ah.

The Candace Warner page.

130. Exit Stage Right

In that same vein, min.

What’s the definition of a permanent secretary?

One that is screwed on the desk!

131. Boambee John

Zulu

The longest dick in Australia reaches from Cairns to Jun(e)e.

How are you today Jim? Feeling a bit Morosi.

132. Dave in Marybrook

Zyco, it’s better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
    *Old Jungle Saying

133. Knuckle Dragger

Speaking of which:

A cursory examination of the gossip online Hun page reveals a piece on Mrs Warner, and why she’s sick of people bringing up her being rogered in a pub dunny. She complained thusly:

“I got to the point where I literally couldn’t take it anymore.”

That’s not what Sonny Bill said.

134. notafan

Dan had graciously allowed up to 150 at religious services, subject to social distancing rules.

NSW border opens at midnight. Qld still says no.

Black Ball

#3667371, posted on November 22, 2020 at 12:08 pm

Right.
    That is a pass for me I think.
    On the subject of WAGs, I notice that Jimmy Bartel’s ex still carries the Bartel handle.
    I guess “Nadia Nobody” doesn’t cut it on Insta.
    It is her brand after all.

136. rickw

Not a bad summary of the A340 that almost pranged @MEL:

Juni was the screw that held the cabinet together

That’s the one I remember – a Morosi being a screw that held a loose cabinet together.

138. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Rex et les autres, the my coal comment stemmed from the reported ‘fact’ that, for the ABC anyway, meat is the new coal, ie they are going to go after meat-eating now as a terrible insult to da climate, because cattle fart and eat grasslands that should be full of Eucalypt trees that burn like petrol. We should all eat meat substitutes made from insects and plankton.

Well, fundamentally, it’s all carbon isn’t it, from plankton to coal, and most of our population still think CO2 is particulate pollution, so we’ve a long way to go to educate them about why their electricity bills are sky high and why so many people in rich suburbs just adore our government ‘subsidising’ renewables. It’s not all for the warm inner glow they get, it’s a lot for the very easy money they are making out of this scam.

Anyway, Rex, thanks for the run-down on real coal, the stuff that makes hairs grow on real men’s chests just thinking about it and that provides most of the export income for Australia. We really do have some beaut coal in our land. Shame we can’t use it, and we certainly can’t eat it. 🙂

139. Dr Faustus

How are you today Jim? Feeling a bit Morosi.

“I got to the point where I literally couldn’t take it anymore.”
    That’s not what Sonny Bill said.

Much more uplifting than 50-year old reflections on conscription.

140. rickw

Muntifa’s wankers at work:

141. thefrollickingmole

We should all eat meat substitutes made from insects and plankton.

You WILL eat the bugs.

142. Like when he keeps referring to a Charge Sheet as an “A4”.

Kev hates my political opinions, but he has the grace to put you back in your box.

Firstly, I doubt A4 was a thing in Australia in 1970.

You wouldn’t have a clue. You probably weren’t born in 1970.

Not this Vietnam era one.

I’m not interested in looking knowledgeable about “military matters”, whatever they are. You may be excited by a pissing contest. I’m not. What bugs you (and some other Walter Mittys) is that anyone critical of the cliche and mythology surrounding army service offends you. Your problem – not mine.

If you want a copy of my book, you can order one, just like everybody else. You’d better be quick, there are very few hard copies left. There is a digital (updated/second edition) version available now. If you are as terrified of being identified as you appear to be, the whole transaction can be completed anonymously via email.
    Incidentally, the manuscript was vetted by my platoon commander before he died in 2010. The book is dedicated to him.
    It’s amusing that the only negative reviews I get are from individuals on this site, without the benefit of actually reading it. Dapin described it as “one of the more accomplished self-published Vietnam memoirs” (p41 – Australia’s vietnam – Myth Vs History) and Dr Peter Yule, author of The Long Shadow, referenced it extensively, and described it thusly –

I read every Vietnam memoir I could find and yours was among the very best – I had to restrain myself from quoting from it too often.

I’d trust my ex-boss’s* editing over that of a bitter and obsessed anonymous blogger who gets off by abusing his elders and betters.
    He was there – you weren’t.
    Your credibility on the Vietnam conflict is nil.

*Another term in frequent use in Vietnam back then.
    You can spend a day or two researching its usage if you want.
    Ask Johno…

143. Rex Anger

Kenya –
    Total deaths – 1,211
    New deaths – 1,366
    Deaths per million – 25

Jack Hunt, the US numbers are grossly inflated, and Kenyan records are mostly unreported. Lack of infrastructure and reluable recording systems and that sort of thing. You know, the sort of third-world endstate you desire for us under Marx’s baleful glow…

While I knkw you do not care because Communism, A little more care in your selection and misuse of propaganda might make your lies a bit more attractive to the average mug.

144. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Be careful what you wish for Jug-ears.

Yairs. Watched the final episode of the latest series of The Crown last nite. It features loopy Charlie going off his face about Camilla. Di getting thinner and more distressed about the family that never hugs. Seems she’s taken up hugging big time in revenge, hugging the populace all over the place. Duke of Edinburgh tries to help out with a quiet little chat to Di about doing what he did and copping yer lot ‘cos we all think Charlie’s a loon, if that helps. She resists. This may end badly for you, he says, and is that just the hint of a conspiracy theory I hear there?

End of series. Gosh, I wonder what happens next.

145. Cassie of Sydney

“miltonf
    #3667352, posted on November 22, 2020 at 11:29 am
    Reports from Portland, Oregon, indicate that police made no arrests of Antifa rioters who vandalized businesses on Friday night.”

What is it about that shithole? What fucked up evil people.”

It’s the politics of these far-left progressive states….California, Oregon and Washington are all being turned into “shitholes” by progressive far-left governments, both state wide and local governance. This governance actually encourages progressive anarchists to create mayhem in cities such as Portland, Seattle and San Francisco. The superb Christopher Rufo in City Journal has been chronicling the collapse of Seattle, Portland, San Fran and LA due to this radical governance. It isn’t a pretty picture.

I read this piece this morning…from the wonderful Powerline blog. Whilst it concentrates on the mess that is now California, it also equally applies to Washington and Oregon…the middle class and businesses are fleeing these failing states and moving to red states but they’re taking their ridiculous politics with them. They seem never to learn.

146. vlad

I could imagine Philip being sympathetic to Diana. He married into the family too!

147. Rex Anger

I saw that Landline report Lizzie, and it saddened and angered me. Even the practica country reporting has now gone full Communist.

But a spot of whimsy about the Black Diamond was too good to pass up! 😁

Coal, like fine wine, truffles etc., is very much a product of its environment. Colour, structure, shine, smell, lump size (ease of breaking at the coal washing plant), ignition characteristics all vary.

In truth, most East Coast stuff is pretty good. WA Collie coal is a bit of an oddball, but that is down to the soil conditions. Sandy soil seems to equate to more pyrites and silicas and a looser overal structure- It thus crumbles when dry. The Railways here stored coal underwater where they could to preserve it, and mixed it with Maitland coal over the summer months to stop spark-throwing.

Clay soils seem to hold very well together, but the impurities are much more stubborn to shift. WA ash and clinkers break up very easily when you dig at them. East coast stuff? More work required.

148. Makka

Leaving behind leftist shitholers who will guarantee the incumbency of idiot destructive leftards. Who will require never ending Fed bailouts to remain viable.

A reminder that every single leader in the Western world today is scum…

And yet we’re not taking the law into our own hands – as we have done months ago.

150. Cassie of Sydney

O”Neill nails it.

151. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

I left empty-handed, also realising I am shithouse at charades.

I can usually make my desires known in a situation of foreign converse, but when it comes to British upper-middle classes and above, and the parlour game they play called Charades, please count me out. Hairy’s family play it every Christmas, along with the musical recitals they have from family members, including Hairy when he’s around.

Charades is completely asinine, involving enumerated fingers, and ‘sounds like’, and lots of silliness pretending to act something out, and everyone making wild suppositions. I sit through them with a blank face and utterly refuse to get up on the floor to actually lead a session. Thankfully, they never played the parlour game featured in series 5 of The Crown, where you get a blob of black ink on your face regularly in turn for something or other. Miniature blackface. Worse than football to comprehend or enjoy.

152. Brendan O’Neill has written a very good piece in Spiked on shameless Holocaust relativism, something that the racist here frequently likes to sprout.

Hello Cassie.
    Find me one post where I sprout “shameless Holocaust relativism”.
    Given that you allege I do it frequently, you should have no problem at all.
    Ask Mater to help if you get stuck.

153. thefrollickingmole

C.L.

Its the natural outcome of “collectivizing” people into groups to be ordered around for their own good.

On paper “separating the elderly from contact with the outside world for the protection of their health” appears fine and moral.
    What it actually is, is millions of injustices inflicted on individuals.

Much the same as making “pale, stale, male” a criteria for “reparations’ to everyone else is nothing but a cover for injustice on an industrial scale.

Kulaks, J#ws, educated..etc, as long as you are a group any atrocity can be assigned to your “class” under an authoritarian rule.

154. Farmer Gez

Rex Anger
    #3667396, posted on November 22, 2020 at 12:45 pm
    Kenya –
    Total deaths – 1,211
    New deaths – 1,366
    Deaths per million – 25

Sweden vs Belgium is an interesting contrast.
    Similar populations and case numbers but the Swedish daily deaths is only 10% of the Belgium’s.
    Outdoors vs indoors lifestyle maybe.
    Low level and widespread viral exposure of younger Swedes could make the difference.
    Bad Sweden.
    Bad Trump.
    The Orange man could still win if Sniffy Joe comes down with the Dominion Virus.

155. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

Thanks, Rex. My grandfather was a coalminer in the South Welsh valleys during the Depression.

Many tales from him about real hardship, and from my nana. He too had an interest in types of coal.
    When I went back there and holiday’d in Monmouthshire with an Aunt I recall walking along an old Roman Road that was falling apart, and my Grandad picking up some lumps of coal and saying it would be fine for the grate, just as my mum and her sisters used to have to forage for cooking and heating coal during their youth. I was more interested in the road. My love of things old and especially Roman started early. In Britain, doing the eleven plus. A very happy time for me, with my sane grandparents for eighteen months before returning to Australia.

156. thefrollickingmole

something that the racist here frequently likes to sprout.

Find me one post where I sprout

Funny thing about dog whistles, only dogs hear them.

157. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

As I mention in my article on King Arthur in Quadrant, my erstwhile miner grandfather was a man with a Danish name, a solid yeoman as he liked to say, who before marrying my Welsh nana and going mining, came from the Borders- The Disputable Lands – between Scotland and England. There was a family traditional name that he also carried in spite of his yeoman claim to respectability, and that my recently deceased brother also carried – the family name of the Riever clan they all claimed some descent from. An older name, not Danish, which all clan sons carried as second names before their new surnames if the clan member was female and took her husband’s name instead of the clan name. My brother didn’t give it to his sons, but I might suggest it to his eldest, my nephew, during Christmas which is at their place this year.

158. Cassie of Sydney

“thefrollickingmole
    #3667431, posted on November 22, 2020 at 1:25 pm
    something that the racist here frequently likes to sprout.

Find me one post where I sprout

Funny thing about dog whistles, only dogs hear them.”

Yep.

159. Cassie of Sydney

Here’s a little Holocaust relativism from the racist…

“1735099
    #3491858, posted on June 21, 2020 at 2:01 pm

The Communists and the Nazis were rank amateurs compared to european colonists when it came to genocide. The fact that these events happened such a long time ago is about as relevant as the fact that modern genocides were carried out more recently, and in a more organised fashion, if moral equivalence is the point of the comparison.”

Is the above paragraph isn’t Holocaust relativism…I don’t know what is.

160. Dr Faustus

The eleven plus.
    Blast from the past.

We turned up at school one morning to find papers laid out on our desks – and were told not to talk to each other while doing the test. No preparation for an exam that directed your 11-year old life into ‘learning’, or ‘trade’.

161. woolfe

Wonder how many of our university graduates would pass the old 11+

162. bespoke

Kev
    #3667266, posted on November 22, 2020 at 9:30 am

Mater
    #3667272, posted on November 22, 2020 at 9:36 am

Leadership and integrity. 👍👍

The actual numbers – in so far as they are known – tell a different story.

164. Rex Anger

Hello Cassie.
    Find me one post where I sprout “shameless Holocaust relativism”.
    Given that you allege I do it frequently, you should have no problem at all.
    Ask Mater to help if you get stuck.

Why bother Jack Hunt?

You know you do it, we know you do it.

Reminding you is a waste of our time.

Besides, when you get suitably wound up, you will do it again anyway. And try to excuse yourself and attack us because Communist dissembling and ‘raisins.’ 😊

Just like when we remind you that you could have done anything rather than be ‘strongarmed’ into the Army and serve in Vietnam.

You could have taken the nominal punishment for objecting and been a Vommunist martyr in perpetuity (Jack Hunt: Noooo! I’d has been kryminulz! Waaaaah!)

You could have done the barest minimum of CMF Service. 3 fortnight-long camps (Jack Hunt: Nooooo! I decided I woz too fur away! Waaaaaaah!).

You could have looked at the Navy (as suggested upthread) or even the RAAF. Both had Nasho amongst their ranks, after all. Heck, you could have done exactly what yor Dad did, and used the bombing of Darwin as an excuse to join them an indeterminate time after the bombs stopped falling!
    (Jack Hunt: Noooo! I wuz *BANGGE!*)

165. Farmer Gez

The Muesli invasion of India is left off the list.
    Tends to ruin the narrative.

166. Makka

The old commo is still defending and downplaying communism’s league table leading death toll.

Communism will work. If only we can get it right next time. Right?

What a fkg grub you are , numbers. Indeed, a family of grubs.

167. Rex Anger

@ Farmer Gez-

Common causes and all that sort of thing…

(Tyrants and totalitarians love covering for each other when it suits their purposes. Eh, tongzhi Bob?).

168. Zatara

Anyone else notice the accent and word choices of the obese ‘deputy’ in rickw’s 1:19 video?

Sounds a bit Pom to me but in any case, he’s absolutely NOT from New York originally, or anywhere else in the US.

Interesting.

169. Rex Anger

Jack Hunt,

Your trolling is as tired as your 50+ year temper tantrum over yor own impulsiveness and stupidity in taking the Queen’s Shilling.

That you were not immediately dealt with under the reasoning ‘Retention Not In the Service Interest’ is an unfortunate indictment on the Army at the time.

I am pleased I never shared a Platoon or Troop with the likes of you.

170. Rockdoctor

Sheesh what a morning. Said brake booster from last week with nut in impossible position. This morning armed with a universal joint for the ratchet had another go. Lots swearing ensued, walk away a couple of times to scratch head and think. Finally came to the conclusion that the steering column needs to be dropped a little, half an hour figuring that out and doing. Said impossible nut became possible & took 30 sec to undo. Booster on floor of garage and ready for a trip to Mikes Auto Parts tomorrow. I gotta stop being a cheapskate & just dump it at the mechanics but I suppose I’d just be bored on my days off if I didn’t do little jobs round the home.

Rex did read your description of coal above. Don’t know if you have any formal quals apart from the Steam Trains but nice, not a bad layman’s summary. FYI & purely from my memory. Blair Athol & Clermont aren’t Galilee Basin though. They are actually a bit unusual as they are an outlier of the Bowen Basin though different to the Rangals & Moranbah Coal Measures. Been a while and I have worked on Carmichael when it was known as Moray Downs Project, the coal there is ok. In some places has 80 odd metres of clay on top of it making it really easy to access but mostly not much to write home about. That however won’t worry the Indians too much as it is multitudes cleaner than the coal they have over there. I know Degulla as well, think there & Alpha have better coal grades just no rail infrastructure. Once someone does build a railway in there watch out central & western Queensland, a lot of coal but presently unfeasible to extract.

171. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare

nb, that region is also terms ‘The Debatable Lands’.

I am pleased I never shared a Platoon or Troop with the likes of you.

The horror!

173. Des Deskperson

‘How are you today Jim? Feeling a bit Morosi.’

I ran into her once in that big first floor Chinese restaurant in Wooley St, Dickson [ACT].

It was maybe the late eighties or early nineties.

She looked like a hard-faced, raddled old mama-san.

Golly european colonialists must be bad then. What else could explain why New Caledonia just voted to remain a colony of France? Weird, huh? Maybe the North African states should petition to become French colonies again.

175. The Muesli invasion of India is left off the list.
    Tends to ruin the narrative.

You didn’t go back far enough.

Estimates European arrival in 1492 lead to 56 million deaths by 1600.

And

Is the above paragraph isn’t Holocaust relativism…I don’t know what is.

Referencing one genocide doesn’t diminish another.
    Cassie and Mater would make a lovely pair.
    Each believes nobody else is allowed to comment on their special subject.
    So quaint.
    They should really hook up….

176. bespoke

Streets, Bunnings and servo full. Only one mask seen.

177. Cassie of Sydney

And here’s another one of his “priceless” comments…..

1735099
    #3547100, posted on August 14, 2020 at 7:18 am
    A forgotten genocide.

The use of massive armed force to starve Ireland belies the exculpable “famine” and its synonyms “great hunger/gorta mor.” “Genocide” is accurate, but no Irish person had ever used it, it was coined post-WW2 by Raphael Lemkin to educate the US Congress as to Nazis crimes against Jews. An appropriately inculpable label was used to report events in Ireland starting in 1846. Writers Davitt, Fitzgerald, et al. and the Cork Examiner (now Irish Examiner) repeatedly reported it as Holocaust.”

The unsavoury site he linked to above… “A Forgotten Genocide”…compares the Irish famine to the Holocaust….and this site is also a far-left, BDS supporting anti-Semitic website. This is the garbage he reads.

Isn’t our “Bob” a real charmer? By the way, I am pretty sure that Jooos in Europe during the Nazi occupation would have appreciated the option to emigrate from Poland, Hungary, Russia and so on….an option that the Irish had.

178. Zatara

Speaking of Sheriffs and Deputies;

Every sheriff in Los Angeles region is refusing to enforce Gov Gavin Newsom’s COVID curfew

Sheriffs in five Southern California counties with a total population of 17.25 million people — equivalent to the fifth most populous state — are defying that state’s governor. They will not arrest people for violating the statewide curfew that Governor Gavin Newsom has imposed starting today, apparently on the belief that the virus wakes up and goes out at 10 P.M.

Other sheriffs in Northern California, including Sacramento County, where the governor now lives, are also refusing to enforce the curfew.

As a sign that even Califo’nians have their limits, Newsom is facing a recall petition effort which is rapidly picking up steam. This campaign has already collected over 800,000 signed recall petitions.

179. Cassie of Sydney

And here’s another one of his “priceless” comments…..

1735099
    #3547100, posted on August 14, 2020 at 7:18 am
    A forgotten genocide.

The use of massive armed force to starve Ireland belies the exculpable “famine” and its synonyms “great hunger/gorta mor.” “Genocide” is accurate, but no Irish person had ever used it, it was coined post-WW2 by Raphael Lemkin to educate the US Congress as to Nazis crimes against Joows. An appropriately inculpable label was used to report events in Ireland starting in 1846. Writers Davitt, Fitzgerald, et al. and the Cork Examiner (now Irish Examiner) repeatedly reported it as Holocaust.”

180. Cassie of Sydney

So what does the racist do…..he bolts down and continues to dribble his lies.

181. Cassie of Sydney

“Each believes nobody else is allowed to comment on their special subject.
    So quaint.
    They should really hook up….”

Hey racist…you’re a real sicko…but you already knew that….you pride yourself on it.

182. EvilElvis

This morning armed with a universal joint for the ratchet had another go.

Couldn’t get a ratchet ended spanner in there, Rockdoctor?

Liza Harvey resigns as leader of the WA Liberals just 111 days before WA State election
    The West Australian
    Sun, 22 November 2020 10:13AM
    Comments

Liza Harvey has resigned as leader of the WA Liberals, just 111 days before the State election.

The West Australian understands Ms Harvey on Sunday told party colleagues she was quitting after 17 months in the job.

A joint partyroom meeting is likely to be called for Wednesday to elect a new Opposition Leader.

Dawesville MP Zak Kirkup and Bateman’s Dean Nalder are the frontrunners to replace Ms Harvey.

Nedlands MP Bill Marmion would likely be replaced as deputy leader too.

Ms Harvey has told Liberal MPs she would contest her seat of Scarborough at the March 13 election.

“I’m making the decision today to stand aside as the Parliamentary leader of the Liberal Party,” she said in a statement sent to MPs.

“I feel privileged to have been the leader of this great party and thank my Parliamentary colleagues for the opportunity they gave me to lead the party.

“Given the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on our community, it has been extremely difficult for our message to resonate.

“I’m standing aside to give the Liberal Party — with a new leadership team — the opportunity to reset our election strategy and give the public a real choice at the March election.

“I’m also standing aside to give our very fine candidates the opportunity to be elected as the new generation of members representing the Liberal Party.”

It comes after polling for The West Australian in September showed the Liberals faced an election wipe-out.

184. woolfe

Looking at Africa they were not very good at it.

185. Miltonf

Good article re Cali. Thanks Cassie.

186. Rockdoctor

Na Evil was too tight and nut wouldn’t crack. Was worried about rounding the nut. All good now after a morning of words I don’t normally use. Reassembly will be pretty simple.

187. Rockdoctor

Sandgropers about to get an early election sprung?

188. Miltonf

When I was a kid silicon valley was wonderful. Smart guys designing and making hardware.
    Now it’s evil and Marxist..

189. H B Bear

WA Lieborals won’t have to worry about being in power for a decade thanks to Emperor Barney. Liza Harvey would be stretched running a tuck shop. Pony Girl has shown this is not a disqualifying criterion for a State Premier.

190. Cassie of Sydney

“Miltonf
    #3667519, posted on November 22, 2020 at 2:37 pm
    Now it’s evil and Marxist..”

Yep.

191. Rockdoctor

At least Liza did the right thing months out. Unlike Deb Freckless.

192. H B Bear

Sandgropers about to get an early election sprung?

I would be surprised. No real need to go early. Expect there is some jostling for the spoils of Opposition for the next few years.

Sandgropers about to get an early election sprung?

I’ll bet good money that this is so!

194. Pedro the Loafer

Spent an interesting morning learning how to manage a chaser bin for the wheat harvest.

Dragging the thing behind the tractor is pretty straightforward, but keeping pace with the header and maintaining the correct distance so the bin loads evenly is a bit of a challenge.

Wages are good though, a slab and a BBQ lunch, well over the award for a novice.

Much more of this “son of the soil” business and I will have to buy a wide brim Akubra.

195. thefrollickingmole

Scott Adams
    @ScottAdamsSays
    If China really beat the Coronavirus like they claim, we should send all of their diplomats back home until they tell us how. It wasn’t masks.

196. thefrollickingmole

Go straight for the while moleskin trousers.

197. Knuckle Dragger

‘The Irish famine was a tragedy and a dark stain on human history but it wasn’t industrial scale genocide.’

Apparently Babi Yar was in County Clare.

Apparently.

198. Mater

Cassie and Mater would make a lovely pair.
    Each believes nobody else is allowed to comment on their special subject.
    So quaint.

Quite the contrary, Bob.
    I encourage you to mouth off.
    In doing so, you do the bulk of my work for me. Your own words are your greatest enemy on this blog. A common problem for hypocrites.

As for not being allowed to comment on pet subjects…

1735099
    #1427484, posted on August 24, 2014 at 8:14 am

And remember, Bush started two wars, the first one now responsible for the current chaos.
    And you advise more casualties – if so, and you’re of military age, you could always volunteer.
    If you’re not prepared to do that – STFU.

199. Mater

A common problem for hypocrites.

And liars!

200. notafan

I wouldn’t call the grear hunger an orchestrated genocide though there was a great deal of not much caring. As for emigrating yes, if you had funds to pay passage ( or were able to go on as walk on ballast to Liverpool) a lot of tenant farmers were shipped out to America, fares paid by landlords glad to get rid of them, a million or perhaps two looking at long term leavers but about a million died, all the same.

Numbers loving the black armband version, as expected.

201. Cassie of Sydney

“Apparently Babi Yar was in County Clare.

Apparently.”

Yep and apparently….

Auschwitz was in County Cork
    Sobibor was in County Kerry
    Treblinka was in County Waterford
    Chelmno was in County Limerick

202. rickw

2D formation flying!

Go straight for the while moleskin trousers.

Don’t forget the blue shirt!

204. Cassie of Sydney

I’m about to buy “The Persecution of George Pell” by Keith Windschuttle…has anyone read it yet?

They say today they’ve already vaccinated a million Chinese. Rapid work.
    I wonder if they had inside knowledge about the virus?

206. And liars!

What was that you were saying about A4s?

207. rickw

Not hard to beat something that hardly kills anyone…..

I notice Dickhead Dan still concerned about traces of coronavirus in his shit sampling regime.

208. Knuckle Dragger

‘Go straight for the while moleskin trousers.’

Stop that. Pedro, if you’re doing the chaser bins:

Blue singlet. No sunscreen, regardless of temperature or radiant heat sources.

Footy socks. Other footwear is optional. Shorts. Stubbies. If you want to be a ponce about it, King Gee.

Peaked cap or yabbying hat. Must be at least 40 years old. The hat, not you.

If you’re going to be one, you have to look like one.

209. Dave in Marybrook

The Irish Potato Famine was a tragedy made of the folly of monogenous agriculture and unwise financial overextension. Nothing more, and a bit less, as it was hardly Ireland-wide conditions, weather-wise or legal.
    I’ve argued before thusly here.
    Separate Spud Thread please Sinc!

210. Knuckle Dragger

‘And liars!’

‘What was that you were saying about A4s?’

A bit more repartee about locked and loaded SLRs might be in order. Regale me, girly man.

Sandgropers about to get an early election sprung?

I would be surprised.

Liars dullards like Sneakers McGowan instinctively knew they had won the lottery when the Chinese communists unleashed Kung Flu on the world: a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to use government “experts” to scare the crap out of voters and, in WA’s case, to use Canberra’s bottomless borrowings pit to underwrite the 2020 WA seccession movement and stick it up the easterners.

It just so happens the next state election will occur on March 13, 2021, according to the fixed four-year terms WA has signed up to — perfect timing!

Sneakers’ biggest enemy is returning to normal. The more his allies in the news media, especially the TV networks, can continue to scare the shit out of people and stick it up Canberra, the bigger the Sneakers landslide. Just like Pony Girl and Horseface in NZ — and Dickhead Dan in 2022.

Once again, the news media has become the enemy of the people. The Australian TV networks especially have become state media, belittling anyone who stands up to the display of rampant state power.

212. hzhousewife

Wonder how many of our university graduates would pass the old 11+

I was thinking similar thoughts when someone posted the HSC maths thing yesterday. Somewhere in the bowels of our storeroom I think I might have my Matriculation exam preparation papers from 1968. I know I could not pass them now, but boy I am so glad I could back then. I have been pleased to lend over the last several years, some biology text to youngsters trying to study basic nursing courses online, simple anatomy being quite a mystery to most. We learned heaps at high school, and even more at junior St Johns First Aid, put me in good stead when launched into tertiary studies.

213. Knuckle Dragger

Just when you think humans couldn’t get worse. Just when you think they’ve got as low as they go.

Have a fucking look at this. The Hun.

‘THE unemployed stepson of murdered Queensland mum Hannah Clarke is making a legal grab for a slice of her estimated $3.6 million estate.

‘Isaiah Jesse Rowan Baxter last week quietly filed to sue Hannah’s parents, Lloyd and Suzanne Clarke, over their daughters’ estate – claiming he has been left without the funds needed for his maintenance, support, education and advancement in life.

‘The 23-year-old who lives with his mother and stepfather in North Lakes said in his claim to the Supreme Court that he had a “good relationship” with Hannah and that she “understood the struggles” he experienced with his father.

‘Mr Baxter said in his claim the Clarkes – who he considers second grandparents – own their own home, are “financially sound” and have already benefited from at least $1.5m in fundraising.’

LOOK AT THIS:

‘Mr Baxter says he now knows his father’s estate has “no assets” and says the $4,244 from Rowan Baxter’s superannuation and $40,000 in crime victims compensation he received is not enough, that he needs more to “build a future” and move on with his life.’

‘In February after the brutal murder of Hannah and her children Mr Baxter adopted the family dog, Savannah, which has cost him about $3500 in vet bills so far, according to court documents.’

AND THIS.

‘Hannah and her three children died on February 19 after her estranged husband Rowan ambushed the family on their way to school. In a horrifying attack at Camp Hill, just metres from Hannah’s parents’ home, he jumped into their car and doused Hannah and the children with petrol before setting them alight.

‘All four died from their injuries. Rowan died from a self-inflicted knife wound.’

AND THIS.

‘Mr Baxter told the court he filed the claim within days of learning his father’s $1,823,258 life insurance would be paid to Hannah’s estate and not to himself.

‘He said he had known since March he was entitled to make a claim on Hannah’s estate but “chose not to” because he believed he would get his father’s life insurance windfall.’

rickw

#3667385, posted on November 22, 2020 at 12:35 pm

Not a bad summary of the A340 that almost pranged

Came close to being the first dyslexia-caused accident.
    First Officer transcribed “361.9 tonnes” as “261.9 tonnes”, then called that number later as 326 instead of 362 (albeit correcting himself).
    100 tonnes is quite a lot when setting take-off power settings.
    I get that numbers in the 200’s are possible take off weights with very low fuel/passenger/freight loadings, but any long-haul flight out of Melbourne should have a “3” in front of it.
    This is the result of blindly reading numbers without thinking about the sense of them.
    It would be like an apprentice carpenter calling for door jambs to be cut to 1080mm instead of the standard 2080mm.
    Someone would immediately recognise that as a silly number.

215. Knuckle Dragger

Needless to say, this young scrote is a piece of shit.

Kicked out of the house the killer, Hannah and the young kids were living in because he was a disruptive teenage drug-taking pisswreck, he bunked down with Mummy who took him to Singapore to live for five years.

216. Mater

What was that you were saying about A4s?

Is that going to be your standard defence from now on, like the flimsy Enoggera cinema defence you always use against the overwhelming evidence of Hazmatic?

Sorry Bob, won’t cut it with me.

You didn’t know what a TAOR was, and your damned lucky Kev came to your rescue to justify you throwing the term around and bastardising it willy-nilly.

A TAOR patrol is one thing, a TAOR is another.

Tell us about ‘Danger Close’ you know nothing fuckwit.

1735099
    #3128121, posted on August 10, 2019 at 3:07 pm

Danger Close — the title refers to mortar rounds that are deliberately aimed at an enemy whose position is perilously close to the Australian forces

Not really.
    It refers to artillery, rather than mortars.

Actually, yes, really. Mortars and Artillery, Danger Close applies to them both.

P.S. Did an ‘A4’ come on Foolscap paper?

217. Infidel Tiger

Wouldn’t most life insurance policies be void if you killed yourself?