Open Forum: January 23, 2021

4,681 Responses to Open Forum: January 23, 2021

1. Mick Gold Coast QLD says:

From Zulu Kilo Two Alpha at 4:56 pm:

“…

However, leading Aboriginal activist Stephen Hagan applauded the ABC’s use of the term “Invasion Day”.

Dr Hagan, who …”

I don’t know too many surgeons or physicians or general practitioners who need to work on Sundays to keep the money flowing – I suppose this bloke has found he is spending too much weekday time away from his practice’ patients doing childish stuff, like pursuing the cheese makers.

Oh? He’s not a Doctor doctor? A Kelloggs Cornflakes packet doctor I hear you say?

” … Dr Hagan … said that research conducted by the Australian National University suggested only about 20 per cent of Australians supported “the ambitions and goals” of their Indigenous counterparts.”

Governments have been shoveling money – enormous amounts of money, fabulous support and generous concessions at aborigines all my life and they haven’t stopped whinging throughout. One assumes they would understand, for that reason, there are plenty like me who have no interest in their ambitions and goals.

They could always turn to not-a-doctor Hagan, or not-a-noble-savage Pascoe and ask what, specifically, they are doing to help and on what date delivery will take place.

2. Geriatric Mayfly says:

Squad members Ayanna Pressley and Cori Bush urge Biden to commute the sentence of EVERY death row inmate as they rip Trump’s ‘cruel’ execution spree

This, and ICE being told to stand down and release what has been caught. MS13 will be celebrating with a grisly murder or two to mark the occasion. Then there’s the southern border now ready to admit high grade shit from rat holes as far away as Araby.

3. dover_beach says:

“Biden probably won’t hurt your feeling as much as Trump but he will take your husband’s job”

Quote of the Year

@Sodangfancy100

Correct.

4. Bruce of Newcastle says:

from rat holes as far away as Araby

Much further than that. Reading all the stories on Breitbart Texas of the Bangladeshis caught on the border has been fun. Thousands and thousands of them.

5. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

Oh. well, bring on the referendum into Constitutional recognition, then.

6. Top Ender says:

Joe Biden’s verbal blundering lifts hopes of a gaffe-prone presidency

FREDDY GRAY

“Folks, I can tell you, I’ve known eight presidents, three of them intimately.”

So said then vice-president Joe Biden in 2012.

A month earlier, he had assured a crowd in New York that president Barack Obama could, in Teddy Roosevelt’s famous words, “speak softly but carry a big stick” when it came to international ­relations.

“I promise you,” he said. “The president has a big stick.” The crowd started laughing at the double-entendre. Joe wasn’t joking. “I promise you,” he repeated, gravely.

That is just Joe being Joe. The 46th president is someone who quite often has no idea what he is saying. Curiously, everybody seems relieved about that. We’re told Biden’s presidency will mark a “return to normalcy”. Really it will mark the triumphant return of the gaffe-prone president.

For decades, Biden’s verbal blundering has been the stuff of legend. His presidential campaign of 1988 died because he plagiarised a Neil Kinnock speech. As a senator, he was called “the gaffe machine from Delaware”. Or as The Washington Post once put it: “Joe Biden isn’t a gaffe machine. He’s the Lamborghini of gaffes.”

Biden’s boobs come in different forms. He can be unnecessarily revealing: “I’d rather be at home making love to my wife while my children sleep.” Or stunningly thoughtless: “Stand up, Chuck! Let ’em see ya!” he once called out to senator Chuck Graham, a wheelchair-bound paraplegic. Or accidentally racist, which is hilarious because the party he now leads is so very PC.

In 2008, in another muddled attempt at praising Obama, Biden added: “I mean, you’ve got the first sort of mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy.” Later that year, Biden introduced him as “the next president of the United States, Barack America”.

Not since George W Bush has America had a president who can be relied upon to say something ineffably silly.

Bush’s misspeaks ranged from the ungrammatical (“Rarely is the question asked: is our children learning?”) to the mysterious (“I couldn’t imagine somebody like Osama bin Laden understanding the joy of Hanukkah”) to the surreal (“I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully”). Americans now fondly recall these Bushisms just as they already talk about Bidenisms.

What about Trump, you say? Surely he was the dumbest of them all? Well, yes and no.

Trump was eminently capable of looking and sounding stupid. But his four years as president were surprisingly light on gaffes. His Twitter ejaculations could be amusingly wrong or odd: “Covfefe,” he once tweeted. He also got his wife Melania’s name wrong. “Melanie is feeling and doing really well,” he wrote after she came out of an operation.

He did suggest injecting bleach as a cure for COVID-19 and reportedly wanted to fire nuclear weapons at bad weather.

Unlike Bush and Biden, however, he never got into that regal-gone-wrong habit of saying stuff he definitely didn’t mean. He never said: “I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family.” That was Bush. Nor did he say that the most important issue facing the middle class was “a three-letter word: Jobs. J-O-B-S. Jobs”. That was Biden.

We shouldn’t mock. Biden has suffered from a speech impediment since childhood. Yet his tendency to, as he would say, mouth his shoot off is more extraordinary than a mere stammer.

And it isn’t actually a weakness in 21st century American politics. People warm to Biden’s bizarre verbosity. He’s always spouting cod-Irish phrases such as: “God love you, holy mackerel!” That makes him authentic, apparently. Biden’s rhetorical inadequacies remind voters of that simpler pre-Trump time when we vaguely expected politicians to say the right thing — and found it shocking or funny when they didn’t.

In recent weeks, Biden’s nervous advisers have been keeping him tightly on script. His speeches are teleprompted and often shortened. That is a mistake. Give the people what they want. Let the Gaffe Lamborghini take itself for a spin on the White House lawn.

The Spectator

7. calli says:

Joe Biden’s verbal blundering lifts hopes of a gaffe-prone presidency

I can see this getting a workout over the next few months.

8. calli says:

Let the Gaffe Lamborghini take itself for a spin on the White House lawn.

At least the gaffe Harley is all American.

9. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

Joe Biden’s verbal blundering lifts hopes of a gaffe-prone presidency

I’m remembering all the criticism Ronald Reagan copped over his age, isn’t Biden older then he?

10. Top Ender says:

If I remember rightly, Regan was 70 when he came to office.

He did two terms so would have been Biden’s age when he left.

11. Bruce of Newcastle says:

“Folks, I can tell you, I’ve known eight presidents, three of them intimately.”
    So said then vice-president Joe Biden in 2012.

If I was Kamala I’d stay quite away from my boss.

12. Dot says:

They were still thowing spears at each other and dragging off each other’s women on the 25th of January.

No one knows. This is as silly as Gammage’s nonsense about Aboriginal streets and plantations.

What we do know is that indigenous Australians integrated into the cities very early on.

13. Geriatric Mayfly says:

The numbers’ men at the Cat have not attended very well to my curiosity. This impeachment farce scheduled for next month requires WHAT majority in the Senate, and is there any indication that it will be attained? I hope it is not a simple majority +1, because I think he would be buggered if so, especially with Heels Up in the Chair if Roberts squibs it.

14. Roger says:

Perhaps they’d feel differently if they weren’t forced to pay for those ambitions and goals?

15. Zyconoclast says:

Church of England Environment Program 2 page infographic

“Reducing the causes of climate change is essential to the life of faith. It is a way to love our neighbour and to steward the gift of creation.”
    Justin Welby, Archbishop of Canterbury

16. Roger says:

If I was Kamala I’d stay quite away from my boss.

Iirc, she said she believed the allegations of sexual abuse levelled against him.

17. Roger says:

Justin Welby, Archbishop of Canterbury

Justin is a former oil man.

He’s now projecting his guilt onto the rest of us.

18. kaysee says:

Clara Tuck Meng Soo has now written to Governor-General David Hurley informing him that she no longer wants her OAM.

I was searching for Margaret Court’s contact details and checked up the website of her church – Victory Life Centre. There is a Contact Page to send messages.

Have just sent a message of congratulations to her. She could do with the support in the face of the vitriol that gets flung at her.

19. Woolfe says:

McClown planning a massive lockdown hence the need to recruit and brain wash 800 recruits. Can’t get them from Pommy land coz Orange Virus

20. Nick says:

Clara Tuck Meng Soo, is she a Tranny herself ? Weird accent.

21. H B Bear says:

Climate change and the church are both in the same business and competing for market share. The church is not winning.

22. kaysee says:

Someone in Michigan bought the winning ticket for the $1.05 billion Mega Millions jackpot, which is the third-largest lottery prize in U.S. history.

23. P says:

GM, I understand a two-thirds vote in the Senate would be required to convict.

24. kaysee says:

Clara Tuck Meng Soo, is she a Tranny herself ? Weird accent.

Dr Soo received her honour in 2016 for her work as a medical practitioner with LGBT people and those with HIV and drug dependencies.

In 2018, she became one of the first GPs in Australia to undergo gender transition.

“I have both professional experience as well as lived experience of the communities that Mrs Margaret Court makes these derogatory and hurtful remarks about,” she said.

25. Bruce of Newcastle says:

Dot – It’s a pity that’s not true in the real world. It would’ve saved a vast amount of misery, especially for hundreds of thousands of women and children.

The Left are evil, and it’s upon the first people inhabiting this continent that some of their worst evil has been perpetrated.

26. kaysee says:

GM, I understand a two-thirds vote in the Senate would be required to convict.

Requires 17 RINOs to vote.

27. Snoopy says:

Something is missing from TheirABC’s report.

Member for Gympie Tony Perrett finds missing man Robert Weber on his property by the side of a dam

Obviously TheirABC believes no publicity is good publicity.

28. Bruce of Newcastle says:

So if the name Clara is anything to go by he’s actually genetically a man.
    Says everything that a medical doctor denies his own chromosomes.

29. Roger says:

Climate change is an ersatz religion.

The only churches which take it seriously – as a competitor or otherwise – are ersatz churches.

30. kaysee says:

Why Ballot Sampling for Validity is a Sham.

31. Snoopy says:

Please quote them, Dr Tuck.

32. Eyrie says:

Riiiight. Insanity is no bar to being a GP. Great.

33. MatrixTransform says:

Went to Maccas this arvo
    The line of cars too big so went inside to order.
    found it reconfigured and no punters to take an order at the counter

Engaged the the cyber-face … fuck-me-stupid the most counter-intuitive gibber
    Keep in mind that I do actually work in computing of sorts and that Human Machine Interfaces (HMI) are a big part of what we do.

I gave up

so anyway, I engaged the drone whose job appeared to be wiping down the touchscreens
    Where, does find a quarter pounder meal?
    even she was blinded by choice for sec until her ‘programming’ kicked in too
    a few flicks and there it was and then there were 2x quatre pondre wtf meals on the screen

So, I’m standing there looking at the high speed idiot with my card in my hand.
    might have as well been my cock in my hand
    and the idiot just kept looking back at me

review your order? … doesnt sound right
    add to your order? … nah … just fucking take my money cvnt

and just then the drone hovered back around and looks at me like I’m an idiot
    and I look at her, and then I look at the computational quasi-stasi machine and I look her and I go, “…and?”

she presses the Review Your Order button
    and then only 3 more idiot button presses and finally the system is ready to consume my digital dollars

ffs!

So I’m finally sitting in the car eating that rubbish and thinking to myself, “well rat, if you wanna eat you’ll learnt to push those fucking buttons wontcha?”

Then I realised that the poor drone, is also rat … just like me

modern technology was fine when a dishwasher made less work

unfortunately now we all work for the machine.

34. Zyconoclast says:

Overview of the TPI

The Transition Pathway Initiative (TPI) is a global initiative led by asset owners and supported by asset managers. Aimed at investors and free to use, it assesses companies’ preparedness for the transition to a low-carbon economy, supporting efforts to address climate change. Launched in 2017, it is rapidly becoming the ‘go-to’ corporate climate action benchmark.

TPI provides robust, independent research which empowers investors to assess the alignment of their portfolios with the goals of the Paris Agreement and to drive real world emission reductions through our actions. Asset owner led, the Transition Pathway Initiative (‘TPI’) is the leading corporate climate action benchmark.

92 investors globally have pledged support for the TPI to-date (January 2021)*, representing over $23.5 trillion combined Assets under Management and Advice. They have committed to using the tool and its data in a range of ways, including to inform their investment research, in engagement with companies and in tracking managers’ holdings.

3 min video

35. Eyrie says:

Insanity = your mental world view and the real world are highly divergent.

36. Bruce of Newcastle says:

Always the case. The Bible is full of memes that only a remnant will be saved. As for the climateers:

24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them. – Romans 1

Quite accurate, if I may say so.

37. Frank says:

It seems the height of childishness to expect anyone, other than perhaps your immediate family, to give a toss about your hopes and aspirations. As a measure of being hard done by it is totally bogus, the number of impediments that get loaded onto you by others is what matters when in that regard.

38. Roger says:

I find it hard to believe anyone is actually hurt by anything Margaret Court says (if they are they need some counselling on resilience, else they won’t survive in this world).

I suspect the agenda is much more sinister.

39. Eyrie says:

Headline on the front page of the Australian is that Scomo says ” that the future is carbon neutral is no longer a political issue” . Moronic fuckwit, unless he’s about to institute a crash program to build nukes.

40. Siltstone says:

Zyco 6:56
    Justin Welby, Archbishop of Canterbury

The climate religion has officially replaced Christianity in the CoE. Welby is off on three months stress leave. It is suspected he is at his house in France. Suffering in his jocks.

41. Eyrie says:

I didn’t buy the paper. Screw “The Australian”.

42. Bruce of Newcastle says:

Engaged the the cyber-face

Hehe, socialism in action from the WIP today:

The $15 minimum wage in action.

43. MatrixTransform says:

only a remnant will be saved

and they will the people that know how to make the bacon

44. stackja says:

TPI used to mean disabled now it enables “theft”.

45. TFM:

Killing babies as they exit the womb = “My body my choice…
    Killing scumbag murderers = A blot on the national soul.

They have it almost mirror image arse about.
    I think it’s time for the US to partition itself.
    This insane screwed up morality cannot continue.

46. MatrixTransform says:

I know BoN,
    seriously I saw that on WIP after I got back home.
    sometimes the world is a weird place
    made me wanna make the comment

47. Frank says:

Apparently vermin won’t touch maccas so there is irony in choosing the lever pushing rat analogy.

48. notafan says:

Its pretty obvious that most Australian Aboriginals are urban and integrated.
    And we don’t know how many 5 6 7th generation Australians have unknown Aboriginal heritage, I know st least three people who’ve found out they have legitimate Aboriginal heritage in the last few years.

49. stackja says:

Margaret Court sees homosexual marriage as anti-family. Stalin tried to eliminate the family and make the party state supreme.

50. areff says:

Matrix, DH Lawrence was there before you:

Let Us be Men
    For God’s sake, let us be men
    not monkeys minding machines
    or sitting with our tails curled
    while the machine amuses us, the radio or film or gramophone.

Monkeys with a bland grin on our faces

51. Bruce of Newcastle says:

and they will the people that know how to make the bacon

And gin? I don’t know how to make either, so I’m screwed. But I know all sorts of distillation techniques. Have you gin guys ever heard of a spinning band column? Probably not that helpful though, since the result might be sans all the interesting stuff that tastes so nice. Or steam distillation? That gets the aromatic stuff across pretty well, but you might need a second distillation to remove excess water. I like the use of copper coils to remove sulfur compounds though. Elegant. Make sure you clean them regularly though, or they’ll passivate.

52. MatrixTransform says:

For God’s sake, let us be men

buy a fucking BBQ grill

[ seriously, thanks Areff ]

53. Struth says:

We do know it dot, because they didn’t stop doing it the second we arrived and they still haven’t. Inter tribal hatred is one of the scariest things I’ve seen.

54. Bruce of Newcastle says:

Apparently vermin won’t touch maccas

Doubtful. Cafe Bruce has a bunch of cockroaches that come out at night to eat bird droppings. They’d almost certainly eat Maccas.

55. MatrixTransform says:

or they’ll passivate

citric acid

56. Zyconoclast says:

Driver rams Mercedes through the gates of an [email protected] school in Sydney as cops scramble to the scene
    Man arrested after he allegedly rammed through boom gate of an [email protected] school
    Cops raced to [email protected] College in Chester Hill in Sydney’s south-west on Sunday
    Mercedes driver allegedly became aggressive and resisted arrest before tasered

57. stackja says:

USA moonshine upset the Treasury.

58. Geriatric Mayfly says:

I find it hard to believe anyone is actually hurt

Hurt, unsafe, threatened, offended are buzz words designed to get a knee jerk reaction. And so often they do just that. Inanimate objects which inflict this pain are the ones that amuse me most. Not ignoring the fact, that so many of these fragile nut cases have to scamper to a safe space when a real person utters something they don’t like.

59. H B Bear says:

Thinking the Aboriginal Industry is in the Reconciliation business is like thinking the PLO is in the peace business.

60. kaysee says:

Rep Marjorie Taylor Greene is in fine form.

Fraud Prez

Fraud VP

61. MatrixTransform says:

heard of a spinning band column

I have
    be vapour pressure stuff
    youtube-ing right now

62. stackja says:

GM – The easy offended once needed care until the usual suspects closed the facilities. Now everyone is expected to not upset the poor misunderstood.

63. notafan says:

Zyco

School holidays and probably a co religionist.

64. Zyconoclast:

Justin Welby, Archbishop of Canterbury

And people wonder why I don’t go back to the Church.
    (Actually, no one has asked me, but just in case they do, here’s my position.)

65. Frank says:

Just had an uncomfortable thought. Is there any topic area that you would be inclined to believe the coverage of proffered by the ABC? Nothing springs to mind other than those banalities and flirt pieces that all news orgs do and even those are pretty slanted.

66. Bruce of Newcastle says:

citric acid

And a brush. Copper sulfide (either Cu2S or CuS) is extremely insoluble. Citric acid is a pretty good chelating agent but it’s fighting the Godzilla of insoluble copper compounds. But it should soften the surface layer up reasonably well, so that a brush would take the remaining solid coating off. I’d still think the still would passivate permanently eventually though.

Possibly a run through of a solution of pool chlorine once in a while could help, maybe with sodium bicarb to buffer the pH. If you do that make sure you have good ventilation though. A great deal of salt can also be helpful to dissolve copper compounds as anionic chloro-complexes.

67. Frank says:

Mostly in it for the wrappers and cardboard boxes probably.

68. Kaysee:

A GP who is confused with such a basic piece of biology as her should have her licence removed.
    Bags I not attending her clinic for anything.
    Anything at all.
    I’d probably come out not knowing if I was Arthur or Martha too.

69. kaysee says:

Texas Sues Biden Over 100-Day Freeze On Deportations: Will ‘Endanger Our Citizens And Law Enforcement’

Texas sued the federal government on Friday after President Joe Biden ordered deportations of illegal immigrants halted for the first 100 days of his administration.

As one of his first acts in office, Biden halted deportations for most illegal immigrants for the first 100 days of his term as his administration looks to roll back former President Donald Trump’s immigration agenda. Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton filed suit against the federal government citing an agreement the state struck with the Department of Homeland Security in the final days of the Trump administration.

70. calli says:

Just watching the promos for the Australian Open.

What’s the bet Serena faces a weak field to get her over the line?

71. MatrixTransform says:

thanks for that

I can take the packing out and treat it separately in a bowl with citric, tartaric, vinegar or whatever’s in the cupboard

the column itself and the top condenser that’s another matter

72. Dot says:

Well Bruce it happened in Olde Sydney Town.

Now, giving welfare to a remote tribe not to integrate ever is seen as “preserving culture”.

Just awful.

73. Bruce of Newcastle:
    The Left are evil, and it’s upon the third people inhabiting this continent that some of their worst evil has been perpetrated.
    The Thirds are just bloody lucky we didn’t do to them what they did to the Murrarians ?spelling

Fixed.

74. kaysee says:

What’s the bet Serena faces a weak field to get her over the line?

Ashleigh Barty is on home turf. If she doesn’t grab this opportunity, she doesn’t deserve another Grand Slam.

75. Nick says:

What pussies

Federal Communications Minister Paul Fletcher said the terminology used by the ABC was ultimately a matter for the broadcaster.

“The Morrison government’s position on Australia Day is very clear,” Mr Fletcher said. “The position taken by the ABC is a matter for which the ABC must take accountability, as the ABC, by statute, has editorial independence from government.”

76. calli says:

I hope so, kaysee. Just stirring the pot. Long spoon.

77. Bruce of Newcastle says:

MT – The pool chlorine thing is a hypothesis. You’d need to test it.

Theory is CuS + 4NaOCl = CuSO4 + 4NaCl. The copper sulfate is soluble so washes away. (The catch is there’re some halfway oxidation stages like insoluble CuSO3.)

Also add in organic compounds and there could be issues with flavour contamination, as things like allyl sulfides get converted into other stuff like sulfoxides. Art is art!

78. vlad says:

Biden was older when he took the oath than the previous record holder, Reagan, was when he left office.

I predict Biden’s old age record as POTUS will never be broken.

79. Top Ender says:

Clara Tuck Meng Soo, is she a Tranny herself ?

She’s not called Tuck for no reason, you know!

80. Bruce of Newcastle says:

One historical meme I read about once is that Japanese Emperors were considered “travelling shrines”. I guess this was after the shoguns knobbled the emperors for good. Biden seems to me to be a travelling shrine.

81. kaysee says:

How deep is the Deep State when the medical journal is The Lancet?

As Biden Became President, Medical Journal Quietly Retracted Study That Claimed Hydroxychloroquine Is Ineffective

A leading medical journal has issued a retraction of their endorsement for a study that concluded the anti-viral drug hydroxychloroquine was ineffective against the COVID-19 virus. This retraction appears to validate the claims then-President Trump made about the medication being a frontline drug in the battle in the pandemic.

There is no estimate of how many lives could have been saved if the World Health Organization and the Center for Disease Control – along with all of the many foundations and institutions who were more focused on the profit margin of vaccines and new drug therapies – would have explored the benefits of hydroxychloroquine in combating COVID-19.

82. DrBeauGan says:

How deep is the Deep State when the medical journal is The Lancet?

These ghastly people have no integrity whatever.

83. dover_beach says:

Transgender GP returns his OA medal in protest to Court’s elavation to Companion:

“She says that she has a right to free speech, and I’m not saying she can’t say what she believes in, but she’s using her position as a public figure to promote her views and I think that such behaviour should not be encouraged.

How kind of him.

84. Geriatric Mayfly says:

The supine prick couldn’t even rummage in the compost for a limp lettuce leaf.

85. Delta A says:

Serious fires in the Mount Lofty ranges. Several towns evacuated. This is very much a horsey area, so FB is filled with people seeking help with their horses and people offering to accommodate them and their owners.

Polo fields directly opposite Daughter’s house is now a refuge. Filling fast.

86. Some History says:

GeekRad
    @RadGeekpartduex

Am I the only one that didn’t notice Barr named Durham as a Special Counsel? Barr taps Durham as special counsel, pushing probe into Biden era https://politi.co/37tn1UT via
    @politico

Barr taps Durham as special counsel, pushing probe into Biden era
    The attorney general revealed his latest move to dig into the origins of the Trump-Russia investigation.

87. Geriatric Mayfly says:

Bruce of Newcastle

I prefer the image of those Medieval troupes taking their religious fervour and thespian skills from village to village on the back of a cart. With Xiden on the tray, the chances of many an unscripted moment would be high, much to the amusement of the peasants.

88. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV) says:

Barr taps Durham as special counsel, pushing probe into Biden era

the durham probe is DOA

89. dover_beach says:

The ABC know the government is feckless which is why they do what they do. I’d like to know what rank and file members think about his response though.

90. Zyconoclast says:

Medical Cats does this WHO update mean what I suspect?

20 January 2021 Medical product alert Geneva Reading time: 1 min (370 words)
    Français
    Español
    Product type: Nucleic acid testing (NAT) technologies that use polymerase chain reaction (PCR) for detection of SARS-CoV-2

Date: 13 January 2021

WHO-identifier: 2020/5, version 2

Target audience: laboratory professionals and users of IVDs.

Purpose of this notice: clarify information previously provided by WHO. This notice supersedes WHO Information Notice for In Vitro Diagnostic Medical Device (IVD) Users 2020/05 version 1, issued 14 December 2020.

Description of the problem: WHO requests users to follow the instructions for use (IFU) when interpreting results for specimens tested using PCR methodology.

Users of IVDs must read and follow the IFU carefully to determine if manual adjustment of the PCR positivity threshold is recommended by the manufacturer.

WHO guidance Diagnostic testing for SARS-CoV-2 states that careful interpretation of weak positive results is needed (1). The cycle threshold (Ct) needed to detect virus is inversely proportional to the patient’s viral load. Where test results do not correspond with the clinical presentation, a new specimen should be taken and retested using the same or different NAT technology.

WHO reminds IVD users that disease prevalence alters the predictive value of test results; as disease prevalence decreases, the risk of false positive increases (2). This means that the probability that a person who has a positive result (SARS-CoV-2 detected) is truly infected with SARS-CoV-2 decreases as prevalence decreases, irrespective of the claimed specificity.

Most PCR assays are indicated as an aid for diagnosis, therefore, health care providers must consider any result in combination with timing of sampling, specimen type, assay specifics, clinical observations, patient history, confirmed status of any contacts, and epidemiological information.

Actions to be taken by IVD users:

Please read carefully the IFU in its entirety.
    Contact your local representative if there is any aspect of the IFU that is unclear to you.
    Check the IFU for each incoming consignment to detect any changes to the IFU.
    Provide the Ct value in the report to the requesting health care provider.

91. jupes says:

What’s the bet Serena faces a weak field to get her over the line?

There was once a time, not too long ago, when Australia revered its sporting heroes and it would have been considered un-Australian, traitorous even, to hope for, let alone assist, a foreigner beat an Australian record.

How far we have fallen.

92. Knuckle Dragger says:

Speaking of falling, a skinny little pikey got his arse handed to him in the second round of the UFC today.

Dickhead. He had everything he wanted, but then he had to go all Tony Montana.

93. kaysee says:

Ponderable Points 🐻

One

Two

94. kaysee says:

🐹

One

Two

Three

95. vlad says:

They can call Australia Day by *that hate-speech name* when they change their name to the Invasion Broadcasting Corporation and not before.

96. Bruce of Newcastle says:

Australia Day/Invasion Day 2021 events guide for Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Hobart and Darwin

The ABC is located on other people’s land.
    All non-aboriginal ABC staff should voluntarily deport themselves immediately, then pay reparations.

97. Tintarella di Luna says:

Mrs Xiden’s elegant gloves

Mrs Xiden — and touted as a fashion icon — was that the outfit Kiddo wore to the infauxguration?, )Oh good heavens it is! I just checked) chose more or less (and very much less) the same colour as the elegant, statuesque Melania but strikes exactly the wrong note especially with the faux-bling around the neck — how terribly terribly gauche — and the wispy hair might’ve been OK when she was having knee-tremblers with Joe among the campaign coflutes while his wife was home with the three children, but oh dear how drear. Mutton dressed as mutton. thank heavens none of the American designers dressed Melania, what a stroke of luck.

98. Steve trickler says:

Another view. Jump in Delta A! 😉

99. Bruce of Newcastle says:

Variety time. Kid didn’t like the camera and I had to coax her back. Then mum got impatient and grabbed my hand, bread and all and munched my fingers. Fortunately only a little bit of blood. I haven’t seen her this hungry for some time. I’ll give them a carrot after I go put Savlon on my thumb.

100. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

Comment , from the Oz, on the A.B.C./Invasion Day saga.

R
    1 hour ago
    Scrap Australia Day along with Naidoc Week, Invasion Day, Native Title Day, National Apology Day, National Close The Gap Day, Harmony Day, Bringing Them Home Day, National Sorry Day, National Reconciliation Week, National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Children’s Day, International Day of Indigenous Peoples.

101. P says:

Tintarella di Luna
    #3735787, posted on January 24, 2021 at 9:14 pm

I still haven’t worked out why the change of shoes:

Biden, meanwhile, wore not one, but two pairs of Jimmy Choo heels today, after donning the label yesterday as well.
    For a church service and her arrival to the inauguration, the first lady wore the brand’s nude Love pump — but when she walked down the steps of the U.S. Capitol, Biden stood out in Romy pump, which matched her ocean blue dress and coat.

102. Tintarella di Luna says:

I still haven’t worked out why the change of shoes:

There’s much that is unfathomable about the Xiden administration — could it be a message of heeling/healing?

103. notafan says:

Gloves too big, awful blng and wispy flyaway hair.

Not the fashion icon I was expecting either.

Lol Tinta

104. Geriatric Mayfly says:

Mrs Xiden’s elegant gloves

Mentioned them this morning, but could not attach a pic to reveal to all the elegance and exclusivity. Thank the Lord she did not wear a hat.

105. vlad says:

Dr Kidd O’Biden-Bama’s inauguration outfit contained a secret message.

The post ended by revealing the inspirational message hidden inside the coat.

“Representing the lifelong calling and service of Dr Biden as an educator is a … quote from Founding Father Benjamin Franklin: ‘Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn’,” Hearst wrote in her post.

It seems fitting somehow that Benjamin Franklin never said that.

106. Tintarella di Luna says:

The American presstitutes are just revolting — Melania Trump is a style icon, willowy, classy and wears clothes so beautifully but the presstitutes traduced her at every opportunity. Mrs Xiden is no Melania Trump and she’s no Nancy Reagan either.

107. Geriatric Mayfly says:

I still haven’t worked out why the change of shoes:

Corn paws.

108. Tintarella di Luna says:

Thank the Lord she did not wear a hat.

Melania always looked good in hats from every angle

109. Harlequin Decline says:
  110. Geriatric Mayfly says:

Channel electricity link begins full flow
    The IFA2 interconnector to France could deliver 1.2% of Britain’s energy needs, National Grid says.

BBC No mention whatsoever of how the electricity is being generated. The BBC News site is totally obsessed with global warming. It is woven into any story where it might reemphasise their unabashed commitment to the cause. The Science section was once worth reading. Alas it is now stuffed to the gills with scads on this fixation.

111. Knuckle Dragger says:

Today in 1945, Auschwitz was liberated by the Soviets.

112. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

Today in 1945, Auschwitz was liberated by the Soviets.

Puts all the bullshit about “Invasion Day” in perspective, doesn’t it?

113. Siltstone says:

Harlequin Decline 10:10

That one frame could replace an Arts degree, and produce better people

114. Mater says:

Puts all the bullshit about “Invasion Day” in perspective, doesn’t it?

For most of us. Not all.

1735099
    #3491858, posted on June 21, 2020 at 2:01 pm
    The Communists and the Nazis were rank amateurs compared to european colonists when it came to genocide.

115. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

1735099
    #3491858, posted on June 21, 2020 at 2:01 pm

Indeed, Mater.

116. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

Today in 1945, Auschwitz was liberated by the Soviets.

Way back when, I worked with one of the British soldiers, who liberated Belsen. He took two “sick” days a year, one was the anniversary of that liberation, when he went out and got quite rotten in silent protest, the other was the day after, to recover from the hangover. The office staff had instructions to pay him “sick” leave, but it never showed up on any record..

117. Cassie of Sydney says:

Thanks Mater for reminding me of that claim by the racist. That was a doozy.

118. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

Lame pics.

“Give your mother wine, for Mother’s Day. You are the reason she drinks.”

119. dover_beach says:

So Arthur Phillip was worse than Hitler? Okely dokely.

120. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

So Arthur Phillip was worse than Hitler? Okely dokely.

So Arthur Phillip was worse than Ho Chi Minh?

121. Knuckle Dragger says:

A reminder:

Very Big Things will happen in 24 and a half hours. Events of great moment, apparently.

Right Faulty?

122. MatrixTransform says:

they’re goose-stepping
    but not in uniform

well, there’s a uniformity
    of thought

free thinkers all of them
    and not a bigot in the ranks

they’ll make us one
    and pure

a notion history never recorded before

right?

123. Lazlo says:

Sea of Tranquility was the moon landing, I recall?

124. Rex Mango says:

Here is a good educational video – also doesn’t sound good for Adelaide hills tonight re bushfire:

125. Rex Mango says:

Here’s what happens to the Viet Cong/NVA, sorry Serbs when the B52 drops it’s bombs (must be loud):

126. Rex Mango says:

Good President, who got the POW’s home:

127. Rex Mango says:

No sound on this one, but Numbers you know you want to watch. Put Pet Shop Boys in your head as the heavy artillery from the sky falls down:

128. Rex Mango says:

Great song from a great movie:

129. Steve trickler says:

This clip has been through a copyright shit fight!

130. Mark A says:

What happens if you give a politician Viagra??
    He gets taller.

131. Crossie says:

Thanks Tom, great cartoons particularly Mark Lester’s.

Garrison’s cartoon made me think that National Guard soldiers should have been billeted with with DC residents since they were brought in to protect them and their leaders from the cheated voters. In a place that votes 96% Democrat it’s the least they could have done.

132. sfw says:

Re that missing bloke in Qld, He appears to have been alone in the bush for almost three weeks, the photo shows him to be in remarkably good condition. Something seems wrong here, he claims to have eaten mushrooms for the three weeks. Anyone here familiar with the area? Is this possible? Here in NE Vic you would be in a pretty sorry state after three weeks in the bush, if you survived.

133. Crossie says:

The above comment made me think about the media, they may not be geographically concentrated in one place but they are ideologically extremely skewed to the left, probably more so than Washington DC residents.

They are also completely self-unaware which was exhibited on the news last night. Some reporter went to a little town in Texas where only 17 people didn’t vote Republican and wanted to know if they were going to give Biden a fair shake.

My first thought was what a condescending prick, visiting the natives in a far flung outpost of the empire. My second thought was how come none of you clever people thought to ask the DC residents in 2017 who didn’t vote for Trump by the same percentage whether they will give him a go.

134. rickw says:

The extended range fuel tank he’s got!

135. Mater says:

Something seems wrong here, he claims to have eaten mushrooms for the three weeks…Here in NE Vic you would be in a pretty sorry state after three weeks in the bush, if you survived.

From the article:

Mr Weber had been lost since his car got bogged on farm road off Mudlo Road on January 6, shortly after he left the Kilkivan Hotel.

You’re right, he should be dead.
    If he was too dumb (or pissed) to follow the road back to the pub he’d just left, the simple act of breathing would surely be a challenge. Surviving on mushrooms, without poisoning himself, would seem a step too far.

And if he did, it was clearly a very good crop of mushrooms.

136. Herodotus says:

2020 has been good for something.
    It put the seal of certainty on the view that the USA is terminally diseased.

137. Anne says:

Last year we saw the Pope hologram disappear from the Vatican balcony.

Now Obama hologram glitches out at the fake Inauguration.

Are you awake yet?

You are watching a movie.
    -Q

138. Bruce of Newcastle says:

How to economically use expensive ammunition:

IS IS commander killed: SAS sniper takes out five ji hadis in explosion from long range shot (24 Jan)

The unnamed sergeant fired at the suicide vest of one of the IS IS members causing an explosion that killed the main target and four others. The sniper used one of the British Army’s most powerful rifles, a Barrett .50 calibre rifle. The weapon is predominantly used against larger targets like aircraft, trucks, and lightly armoured tanks.

The incident took place in November during a joining mission with Kurdish troops against IS IS last year.

I suspect social distancing will be the next big thing amongst IS IS guys, especially from those infected with suicide vests.

139. feelthebern says:

NFC championship match.
    Tampa Bay on the sideline during the national anthem.
    No one taking a knee.

Green Bay only came out of the locker room post anthem,

140. feelthebern says:

Lambeau Field has capacity of 80,000.
    There’s meant to be a 16,000 limit at today’s game.
    There’s a fuck ton more than that there.
    Don’t believe what the media says.

141. notafan says:

Why would they be holograms?

We are all holograms now.

Biden wot dunnit.

142. Bruce of Newcastle says:

University news.

‘The data is racist!’ Rhode Island professor denounces ‘science, statistics, and technology’ as ‘inherently racist’ (24 Jan)

University of Rhode Island and Director of Graduate Studies Erik Loomis wrote: “Science, statistics, and technology are all inherently racist because they are developed by racists who live in a racist society, whether they identify as racists or not.”

Loomis added: “This is why I have so much contempt for those, including many liberals, who “just want the data.” The data is racist!”

Three Wise Monkeys Are Racist Now, Says Woke University of York (24 Jan)

Academics at the University of York removed a depiction of the three wise monkeys from their website after they determined it could be seen as an insult to ethnic minorities.

The Three Wise Monkeys, which embody the Japanese proverb “see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil” and are often used to describe those turning a blind eye to wrongdoing, have become the latest victims of the Black Lives Matter iconoclastic movement in the United Kingdom.

Would it be too much to say that universities are racist organizations and should be closed down?

143. 1735099 says:

1735099
    #3491858, posted on June 21, 2020 at 2:01 pm

Indeed Mater.

From 119 published regional population estimates we calculate a pre-1492 CE population of 60.5 million (interquartile range, IQR 44.8–78.2 million), utilizing 1.04 ha land per capita (IQR 0.98–1.11). European epidemics removed 90% (IQR 87–92%) of the indigenous population over the next century.

It’s great when others post on my behalf, but this link (from Quaternary Science Reviews
    Volume 207, 1 March 2019, Pages 13-36) provides some detail.
    You can download the complete study.

144. notafan says:

Monkeys are cancelled.

145. calli says:

Why don’t they just be honest and admit that they hate white people? Get it over and done with and we can all move on.

Catharsis will then be labelled “racist” of course.

146. notafan says:

Epidemics now means genocide.

You sicken me with your falsehoods.

147. Bruce of Newcastle says:

Feel the Bern:
    The Week in Bernie Memes | Power Line (24 Jan)

148. P says:

In Biden’s Catholic Faith, an Ascendant Liberal Christianity
    The New York Times – Jan. 23, 2021

And with Mr. Biden, a different, more liberal Christianity is ascendant: less focused on sexual politics and more on combating poverty, climate change and racial inequality.

149. Cassie of Sydney says:

Good morning to the racist.

150. Cassie of Sydney says:

“notafan
    #3735916, posted on January 25, 2021 at 7:29 am
    Epidemics now means genocide.

You sicken me with your falsehoods.”

He’s disgusting. Last year in a comment he equated the Irish famine (a great tragedy) with the Holocaust….the systematic murder of millions of Joooos.

It suits his narrative.

151. Mater says:

Indeed Mater.

Bob,

1735099
    #3491911, posted on June 21, 2020 at 2:55 pm
    Genocide is defined as the deliberate killing of a large group of people, especially those of a particular nation or ethnic group.
    So the issue here is whether or not the killing was deliberate.

So now that you’ve accurately defined ‘genocide’, let’s see the proof that Europeans in the 1600’s deliberately killed off the local inhabitants using biological methods.

Go!

152. notafan says:

Osman faruqi just never stops with condemnation of whites in general and Australians in particular.

Despite his parents bringing him here from Pakistan for a better life, which they have well and truly achieved all he does is tear us down, and many of his sycophantic followers encourage him.

I wish them well in their goal of destroying Western civilisation and whatever arises from those ashes.

On the other hand Josephine Cashman, Anthony Dillon and quite a few other aboriginal people are on twitter serving it up to the race baiters and fake aboriginals, there appears to be quite a few of those, not surprisingly.

153. notafan says:

Late to the party P.

154. max says:

Taking out suicide bombers in distant countries seems beside the point when this is going on behind your back:

In France, a low-intensity war is bubbling, aimed at radicalizing education. While many Mueslis might not support such a transformation, the current effort seems to have begun in 1989, during the bicentenary of the French Revolution and the French publication of Salman Rushdie’s fictional novel, The Satanic Verses. A college in Creil refused admission to three students wearing the Is***c veil. French authorities tried by dialogue and appeasement to calm the situation. In an appeal, however, published by Le Nouvel Observateur and signed by authors Alain Finkielkraut and Elisabeth Badinter, several intellectuals denounced the “Munich of the republican school”.

The I****tion of French education is now proceeding at a rapid pace. In 1989, the cry was, “Teachers, let us not capitulate!”. Since then, some French teachers who have refused to capitulate have paid with their lives.

In October 2020, a French history teacher, Samuel Paty, was beheaded by a Chechen terrorist for having carried out his work: educating his students to respect the founding values ​​of Western societies and the words mounted over the doors of their school (Liberté, égalité, fraternité), for discussing freedom of speech and showing them Charlie Hebdo’s cartoons of Mo.

“Living together is a fable,” Alain Finkielkraut wrote after Paty’s beheading; “the lost territories of the Republic are the territories conquered by hatred of France. Eyes have opened, the evidence can no longer be hidden”.

French Minister of Education Jean Michel Blanquer revealed that after the beheading of Paty, 800 I****ist “incidents” had taken place in French schools.

Another teacher was physically threatened at the Battières School in Lyon, where Samuel Paty had started his career. This teacher of history and geography had given a lesson on freedom of expression, in accordance with the school curricula, to a fifth-grade class. He stated, among other things, that Emmanuel Macron was not “I****phobic”. The father of a student came to see the teacher, challenging him verbally in front of witnesses. “He was vocal and very intrusive about what he said was and was not allowed to say in his classes”, a witness said. Shocked, the teacher was put on sick leave and asked to change schools.

At a high school in Caluire-et-Cuire, near Lyon, a student threatened a teacher to “cut off his head”. In Gisors, a girl distributed a photo of Paty’s beheading to her companions. In Albertville, Savoy, the police had to summon four ten-year-old children and their parents because in the classroom they said “that teacher deserved to die”. In Grenoble, an extremist M*** was arrested for threatening to behead a teacher of history and geography named Laurent who appears on a reality TV show. “I will behead you” he said . Laurent was evidently preparing a video tribute to Paty. At the Pierre Mendès France School in Saumur, a student told his teacher, “My father will behead you”.

It has become impossible even to make a precise list of these incidents. They occur every day in France.

155. calli says:

Those Bernie memes are things of wonder, compared to the gathered mafiosi at the joyless installation.

For JC

Is this a creepy metaphor?

156. Mater says:

Bob,
    The last time you tried to run this shit up the flagpole, you ended up here (looking rather stupid):

1735099
    #3491967, posted on June 21, 2020 at 3:46 pm

Hmmmmmmm. Talk about an own-goal. The only difference between deliberate murder and manslaughter is motivation. Yes – we all agree.

At the end of the day, the person (or the race or tribe) is dead.

1735099
    #3491970, posted on June 21, 2020 at 3:49 pm

And none of the copious amount of words, which you spewed out following this statement, indicate (let alone prove) that it was “deliberate”.

It was as “deliberate” as the consequences of the various pogroms I keep hearing about on this blog as examples of the evils of socialism.

157. Knuckle Dragger says:

61 million poisoned blankets.
    Ooooooh. Learning all the time with Mainstream Bob.

Woke victimhood’s now the orthodoxy, bub. You’re not raging against The Machine.

You are The Machine. Have been for decades.

158. notafan says:

Its an absurd,nasty argument he’s run here before.

He must have a list of trolltopics and is here to sour the blog, everyday..

159. herodotus says:

This place is, as Arky would say, shit.

160. Cassie of Sydney says:

What happened to the racist’s daily posting of US Covid deaths?

161. 1735099 says:

This could work if the facility kept staff securely on site.
    It’s got to be better than quarantining returning travellers in the middle of densely populated conurbations in hotels where staff mix with the rest of the population.
    And it would make a motsa for the Wagners and Toowoomba.

162. notafan says:

Exactly Hero

163. Cassie of Sydney says:

“Tiptoe around saying things like muesli so your comment won’t get binned, while trolls roam free.”

Yep.

164. calli says:

You are The Machine. Have been for decades.

The Establishment isn’t quite what we thought it was in the 70’s.

They even call themselves “The Machine” (cf. M0nty’s reference to Stacy Abrams’ setup).

165. Struth says:

Good Moaning.
    To the people here that claim the great reset (to global socialism) is all conspiracy theory, go to any website where they tell you themselves, what they are doing.
    I just pick one out this morning……it’s their site, so it’s all spun positively…………positively horrifying.
    There’s thousands of THEIR sites to look up. This is just one I found.

166. calli says:

Cassie, Obiden has 3,300 deaths to his name today.

167. Knuckle Dragger says:

‘What happened to the racist’s daily posting of US Covid deaths?’

It’s unicorn magic Cassie. Take one bad orange man out of the picture and it all goes away.

Because it’s all empty symbolism – right, Old Yeller?

168. 1735099 says:

What happened to the racist’s daily posting of US Covid deaths?

I do requests.

United Kingdom
    Total deaths – 97,939
    New deaths – 610
    Deaths per million – 1,438

169. calli says:

On the use of QR codes.

My 89 y/o was distressed about the new requirement from her hairdresser. The tattooed slag told her she had to have a code as from this week, otherwise she wouldn’t be allowed into the salon. She then went on to inform her that all the salons were doing this, so no point in changing hairdressers.

Mum has Christmas gift vouchers to spend on her hair.

Is this requirement necessary for people who don’t have smart phones? Is it even legal?

170. Crossie says:

It must be a different Catholic Church than the one I know, abortion is still a deadly sin, not a sacrament. But then again, who in the media has any idea about Christianity let alone Catholicism?

171. Crossie says:

Someone else can do it on your mother’s behalf with their phone.

172. calli says:

My Covid figures are from the NYT (updated 21 hours ago). Perhaps they haven’t received the memo.

173. notafan says:

Cash in the vouchers and change hairdressers calli cannot be legal as thousands of people don’t have phones, let alone smart phones.

I never check in, anywhere and we still have qr or pen and pencil

174. Knuckle Dragger says:

Comment of the day, so far:

‘This could work if the facility kept staff securely on site.’

Well what if those people don’t want to, Liability Bob? What if they wanted to do other stuff?

What if some of them wanted a glittering career in teaching juniorTards? You want The Man to take all that* away from them? Compelling people to go somewhere and NOT sit in teachers’ lounges discussing which one in ABBA was the hottest? Ever think of that? Huh?

Who the hell do you think you are, advocating that people can’t just go on their merry way all day, every day? What about stolen wages?

This is Morrison’s fault. Any of those poor people would be entirely justified in making Morrison’s edict solely responsible for anything not to their liking that happens for the next half century.

*Ten months of 70+ years.

175. Mater says:

This could work if the facility kept staff securely on site.

Perhaps you could get the Zeks detainees (Australians) to dig a White Sea Canal whilst they are there?

You evil, duplicitous little shit!
    You’ve whinged about the detention of refugees in remote locations for years, yet you’ve got the Pom-poms waving when it comes to remote camps for citizens wanting to return to their homes.

176. calli says:

177. Bruce of Newcastle says:

Lets see. Kings are misogynist, and so are jacks. Diamonds are elitist emblems of inequality, as are aces. Spades are obviously racist and clubs are symbols of white authoritarian repression. We already saw earlier that numbers, data and statistics are racist, so on my analysis all decks of playing cards will now entirely consist of the Queen of Hearts (which of course is the LGBTIQ type of queen since the other one is imperialist.)

Not The Onion – Gender-Neutral Playing Cards? (23 Jan)

178. feelthebern says:

First week of the administration & the US increases its presence in Syria.
    Zero mainstream media coverage.
    The Washington War Machine rolls again.

179. Knuckle Dragger says:

‘Mr. Biden, perhaps the most religiously observant commander in chief in half a century, regularly attends Mass and speaks of how his Catholic faith grounds his life and his policies.’

Rudd-esque.

180. jupes says:

Problem is a large proportion of them are white people.

181. calli says:

Sorry, Crossie. That was brusque. I’m very angry about it – she’s 89 for goodness’ sake and still very independent. This sort of sh1t erodes confidence in the elderly.

182. Knuckle Dragger says:

‘Who is this “someone else”? Dad takes her there. He does not have a smart phone.’

Appalling behaviour. Tell the ‘tattooed slag’ (ha) to fuck off. They’re baristas with scissors, nothing more.

183. notafan says:

Crossie apparently Biden is very careful about where he attends mass, priests are known to refuse him holy Communion because of his scandalous position on abortion.

Now he is undermining family and taking extreme position on gender.

Many African American girls will miss out on college sports scholarships, its ugly and will get uglier.

Not to mention all those working class arbitrarily cancelled jobs.

‘Learn to code’ says Joe

184. calli says:

Yes, jupes. They hate themselves and are making it our problem. Counselling might be a better solution.

185. Struth says:

Numbers is of no use to this blog anymore.
    Once we could destroy his arguments for the sake of lurkers and ourselves, to sharpen our responses to lefties in real life. Debate to change minds at the ballot box.
    Now they are in charge and have taken our freedoms and imprisoned us, democracy is gone…..that is a fact, the govt are above the rule of law and we have been under a permanent state of emergency for nearly a year. To still grant him access to spew his crap, may seem like a display of what makes us better than them, why we are right, but that argument doesn’t work once you reach a certain point.
    They have declared war and taken action against us.
    When fighting socialist Hitler, we had to realise we had to kill them because they were killing us.
    Our soldiers were not doing the wrong thing in fighting back. They were forced to.
    Today they silence us, but we still continue to let them spew their hate.
    I agree with letting them speak no matter how bad they are, it’s the best way to fight them, airing out their insanity, I get all that, but only up to a point.
    Then, once they have crossed the line which they have, you don’t continue along the “debate and vote” democratic tradition, once they’ve taken your freedoms.
    Just my opinion, it’s Sinclair’s blog.

186. 1735099 says:

Last time I checked, working for Wagners was voluntary. They pay well, and look after their employees, as my son, who worked for them ten years ago, attests.

Thousands of young men wanted to do “other stuff” back in 1969/70. They were told by their government to get fooked.

See above.

Human beings are social animals, and live a better quality of life when they conform to a set of social codes which contribute to their survival.

What about stolen wages?

Yeah – what about them? I’m still owed two years’ salary from 50 years ago.

187. Farmer Gez says:

China
    Total deaths – 4,635
    New deaths – 0
    Deaths per million – 3

Nice to see due respect given to obvious propaganda.
    It’s the Woomba way…the Woomba way…the Woomba way.

188. Knuckle Dragger says:

Very solid, very static heavy rain still going form overnight.

Torrential by any standards other than D-town’s, but heavy nonetheless. 42mm in the official gauge so far – pig’s arse it is.

189. Anne says:

Anything about Jesus in there?

By the way, Biden is President of nothing.

Trump won the election in a landslide and will be POTUS for four more years.

190. Knuckle Dragger says:

Ahahahaaa.

Instant. BING!

Disgraceful, hypocritical, insecure weak little man.

191. notafan says:

Its good to see that 11c a day pay difference is still twisting your guts 50 years later.

As though you were the only one ever to take a pay cut when you joined the armed services, some even did it voluntarily.

192. Knuckle Dragger says:

‘Human beings are social animals’

Good to see they’re not ‘flamin’ pot plants’.

h/t Maurie Fields, since stolen without attribution by Plagiarism Bob

193. Knuckle Dragger says:

Old Yeller was a volunteer, nota.

He had a myriad of choices. He chose to be a victim.

194. Leigh Lowe says:

In Viktorianistan you can register at a premises anyway you like … QR code, in writing.
    FFS, the hairdresser has an appointment book!
    I know of staff in businesses here who offer their own phones to register if you don’t have one.
    Could it be the tattooed slag (😀) doesn’t want older ladies in her salon anymore?
    In any case, a full cash refund of vouchers is the minimum requirement, maybe coupled with a Consumer Affairs threat.

195. Struth says:

Went out to dinner on Saturday night in Hervey Bay.
    Restaurant told everyone to log in to get government permission to eat.
    I refused and asked them to do it for me, said my phone was too old.
    So did My lovely wife.
    They actually said, “one of your friends here can sign you in”
    Feeling embarrassed that they were with a non conformist, one of my mates wives hurried to get my details to sign me in but we were sitting at the table by then.
    “What was your phone number, again” she asked.
    Don’t worry about it now, I said, we are already sitting down.
    The table went quiet.
    They were sitting with…………NANNA KILLERS.
    I kept my cool and just waited for a comment, which I would have calmly but forcefully replied to, years of self control training from being in tours gives me that ability.
    Not so with Mrs Struth, who quite aggressively stated, I refuse to do that bullshit, I would have just walked out, sorry but that’s crap , and on she went.
    Makes me proud.
    The were stunned.
    Fancy people refusing to ask permission from the government to go to a restaurant.
    Mind blowing.
    That’s how brainwashed people are.

196. Boambee John says:

The ostrich (head in rectum) sees no moral difference between the deliberate, planned, slaughter of an ethnic group, and the inadvertent result of exposure of a population with no natural immunity to new diseases in an era in which disease transmission was not understood.

The brains of an ostrich!

197. Knuckle Dragger says:

‘the Woomba way…the Woomba way…the Woomba way’

… ..

‘In the jungle, the quiet jungle, the lions sleep tonight……
    In the Q Store, the comfy Q Store, the coward wakes in friiiiight…..’

(chorus)

198. calli says:

Thanks nota. Bookmarked.

199. Leigh Lowe says:

It’s the Woomba way…the Woomba way…the Woomba way.

From the Lyin’ song?

200. Farmer Gez says:

A highlight of my youth.
    Maurie Fields served me a beer at the Minyip pub.

201. 1735099 says:

You’ve whinged about the detention of refugees in remote locations for years,

There’s one fairly obvious difference.
    People in quarantine know they’re detained for two weeks.
    People in detention have no idea how long they’re going to be locked up.
    It’s intriguing that now that “stopping the boats” is no longer a major political meme, the detainees are being released anyway.
    And there hasn’t been a flood of boat arrivals.
    We’ve been told (by both side of politics) that the boats would start up again should these people be released. There’s only about 120 left – all in hotels and motels, and costing the taxpayer a great deal of money, when they could be in the community, working and paying tax.

You’ve got an extraordinarily vivid imagination.
    I’ve never owned a set of pom-poms.

202. Knuckle Dragger says:

Great Boston buns at the Minyip bakery.

My country. Not my town, but close enough.

203. Struth says:

Yet no sign in anywhere here.
    In my small town, the barber has no qr code check in, so is it mandatory for businesses to enforce this?

My mother went into a chemist is SA who wanted her to sign in and was successful in finding one that didn’t.
    No signing in at chemists or shops up here…….yet, anyway.
    It can’t be mandatory.

204. notafan says:

I don’t know which is better

Restaurants heroics or Tory suffering.

205. Struth says:

Flying doctor country.

206. Knuckle Dragger says:

‘unable to fulfil her…. dreams’

Unfortunately, this seems to be genetic.

207. notafan says:

Its the business that gets in trouble, not the punters.

208. Cassie of Sydney says:

“One of those citizens is my youngest daughter, who is stuck in the UK, unable to fulfil her travel dreams, and knuckling down without complaint to work her way through the British pandemic, overseen by a gormless Tory PM who doesn’t know his arse from his elbow.”

I do recall the racist proudly boasting how his daughter found time to participate in a BML demonstration last year? So much for “knuckling down without complaint”.

209. Struth says:

How could you possibly see that as heroic notafan?
    It was to show the compliance of the southerners I was with.

210. Struth says:

Then why isn’t every business doing it, every restaurant and chemist, every barber shop?

211. notafan says:

Wasn’t that the daughter that attended a blm protest?

A daughter that presumably opted not to return home with the prudent people last February.

No personal responsibility ever taken in the numerical family.

212. Eyrie says:

overseen by a gormless Tory PM who doesn’t know his arse from his elbow.

One of the few things you ever got right.

213. notafan says:

You said how proud you were of your wife…
    Those dirty compliant southerners eh?

214. 1735099 says:

The ostrich (head in rectum) sees no moral difference

There is no moral difference.
    That sentiment is often repeated here in reference to indigenous Australians.
    This blog is infested with ostriches.

215. Struth says:

You said how proud you were of your wife…
    Those dirty compliant southerners eh?

In this case, exactly.

216. Knuckle Dragger says:

‘All genocides (examples including the Holocaust, the elimination of 90% of the population of native Americans, and all of the Palawa) are predicated on the belief that one racial or ethnic group is inherently superior to another.’

Also from Non-Binary Bob:

‘All wealth is created from unfair exchanges.’

217. Boambee John says:

1735099
    #3735938, posted on January 25, 2021 at 7:47 am
    This could work if the facility kept staff securely on site.

Perhaps the ostrich could volunteer to be a cleaner there? In the true spirit of Christian charity, of course.

218. Cassie of Sydney says:

“Wasn’t that the daughter that attended a blm protest?

No personal responsibility ever taken in the numerical family.”

219. notafan says:

With logic like that I’m surprised you were only a special school principal.

One of the world’s greatest thinkers, right here at the cat.

220. 1735099 says:

My deepest sympathy, St Ruth.
    Now I understand why you go on and on about stuff.
    You need an escape from being married to a Karen.
    Can’t be pleasant.

221. Anne says:

Makes me proud.
    They were stunned.
    Mind blowing.
    That’s how brainwashed people are.

If even 10% of people had the common sense and strength to say No! to this BS it would stop overnight.

Courage is contagious.

I got a reminder from the Vet the other day.

My reply:

Hello, thank you for your text. I think I’ll wait until
    the “Mask and Distancing” Pantomime is over.
    Shouldn’t be long now. People are waking up to
    this NWO scam by the millions. I’ll be in touch then.
    Kind regards,
    Anne

The Vet’s reply:

Hi Anne,
    No problem.
    Regards,
    ********

222. notafan says:

Profit is evil, except for my book sales.

223. Struth says:

No, one culture is superior to another, and that’s a very big difference you lying sack of shit numbers.
    People here have great respect for Jacinta Price and many aboriginal people. Some of my friends are aboriginal.
    And seeing there are more aboriginals in Australia these days than there were at settlement, which prior to our arrival had been static for thousands of years, we’ve been a marked positive for the survival and indeed the explosion of the aboriginal population.

224. Tel says:

I checked the regulations and it says the business should have an alternative method of record keeping for people without smart phones. That said many businesses don’t bother and I guess since no one knows the rules, and they change week to week it probably does not seem worth getting too invested in the whole thing.

225. Leigh Lowe says:

St Ruth.
    These ‘southerners’.
    From how far south exactly?
    And why can’t you find sound ‘northerners’ to dine with?
    Wouldn’t it have been more appropriate to boycott the collaborators and not go out with them at all?
    Do the Furniture Store Guys know you have been fraternising with the enemy?