Open Forum: January 23, 2021

4,681 Responses to Open Forum: January 23, 2021

1. Leigh Lowe says:

This guy is incredibly accurate. That forecast was mine. One minute visual of that feed was troubling. Uh oh! Look out. Add Chile to the mix.

Catch up, LL.

OK.
    I am digging my bunker.

2. Knuckle Dragger says:

A shit tin, an absolute shit tin of rain in the gauge, and still going. Be even better numbers for Top Ender if he is where I think he is.

BOM only says 30mm for D-town, which is horseshit.

3. thefrollickingmole says:

Can I just say I have no opinion either way on Credlins show.
    I am ferociously ambivalent about it.

4. Leigh Lowe says:

feelthebern

#3737097, posted on January 25, 2021 at 10:52 pm

There needs to be a reckoning regarding those (not just Tasmania) who wanted to introduce the laws gagging sex abuse victims.
    Let’s be clear.
    These are shield laws, protecting peddo’s.

Victoria has come up with the same.
    Even if an adult wants to disclose the abuse they suffered as a child, they couldn’t do it.
    Even the family of an adult rape-murder victim could be gagged.
    Weird.

5. johanna says:

I see that Red Kezza is refusing his Australia Day honour because he thinks Margaret Court is a poo-bum.

I suspect what really riled him is that she is getting the highest honour (AC) whereas he was only deemed worthy of a second tier AO.

Don’t these people know who he is?

6. Lazlo says:

Yes. That one’s been kept very quiet. Hairy, as an international researcher of some experience, was onto it very fast once he’d checked the funding. Ballarat implicated too.

It was actually a CSIRO Vet Science Lab in Geelong. They have a long track record of collaborating with WIV on Gain of Function virus research (engineering viruses), evidenced by their joint publications in research journals. Their publications boast about making viruses more transmissible and/or virulent in the name of researching vaccines.

This very dangerous research was banned under Obama, but reinstated by HIH under Fauci’s leadership.

This virus clearly escaped from WIV. It has all happened in plain sight. Like so much the left gets away with.

7. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

Or wearing face-paint, a Viking helmet and a buffalo skin through the legislature.

He was just revisiting the old parliamentary tradition of the Norse where any man could have his say in the ‘Thing’, the basic speakers’ meeting. We visited the site of the main ‘Thing’ in Iceland, on the fissure of the earth that cuts Iceland in two. Odin’s territory.

The oldest parliamentary ‘Thing’ is now in the Isle of Man, the Tynwald. It is a hill composed of earth clods brought regularly there by the relevant groups meeting.

8. Leigh Lowe says:

thefrollickingmole

#3737101, posted on January 25, 2021 at 10:56 pm

Can I just say I have no opinion either way on Credlins show.
    I am ferociously ambivalent about it.

Ha, ha.
    I guess that is where I am too.
    Especially since I turned Foxtel off (although I think it might be on FTA somewhere).
    The thought of AJ five days a week wouldn’t get me back to Foxtel either.

9. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

Heading for my book. King Coel will have to wait till after Straya Day now.
    Just watched Lauren Southern on PML interviewing some denizens of Newtown about Invasion Day.
    lol. She offered a colourful ‘ticket’ back to Europe for those who wanted to go. No-one took her up on it, even those very few who were for ‘invasion’. Actually, most people she talked to were pretty hot to trot for Aussie BBQ day. It’s a beat up, in other words. No-one wants it to change, not even in trendy Newtown.

10. WX says:

Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV)
    #3737084, posted on January 25, 2021 at 10:38 pm

‘Tis only a matter of time before it catches on and is enacted under the guise of something else.

I quite like the idea of Harmony Guides myself. Who wouldn’t want to reach Harmony Master Level 15 with all its perks?

11. Arky says:

Which of you thought I didn’t ‘get’ this bloke’s schtick?
    He isn’t even a useful idiot.
    Just an idiot.
    Here he is arguing with a Trot that the Trot should engage with a Boogaloo boy.
    The Trotskyist rightly points out that as the left is Internationalist and wants to abolish the nation state and the right believes in the nation state, the two have completely conflicting aims: that’s political reality.
    This Dore guy really believes all the soppy bullshit communists come up with to justify power.
    He really believes it!
    At least the Trot knows what it’s about: get power by any means, then crush your enemies both to the left and right.
    This is why the current mess is not good. Not good at all. The commies are the more realistic about gaining power. If the USA further disintegrates into the establishment v. radicals of various strains, it’s the hardcore communists who have the ability to come out on top.
    They are always in a minority, but always more realistic in the later stages of revolution: they close the deals that matter.

12. Tel says:

Once upon a time it might have been a thing to distance yourself from idiots in the same space to keep your credibility, but the progressives have embraced mental disease such that even the loopiest fruit loop from the right looks like a middle aged lady librarian by comparison, and anyway, they are in the middle of the process of silencing all of us anyway.

IMHO those Q people made the silencing process a whole lot easier by rushing into a Capitol building without being even slightly suspicious about cooperative police standing around waving them through.

I don’t mind harmless nutters, or eccentrics if you like … but falling for something that was planned by the bad guys is not a good look. What’s worse is they just keep lapping it up … forever!

13. Leigh Lowe says:

Actually, can one be “ferociously ambivalent”?

14. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

Shucks. Ballarat, Geelong, not much difference. All in Victoria, gold fields stuff.
    And very subject to influence. Honest mistake. Honest.

15. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

Ooops. Have just checked. Geelong wasn’t a gold field.

Look, I haven’t done Australian history since primary school, when it was all explorers.
    I’ve been to Geelong. It had a lot of gold money in it, I am sure of that. Big buildings.

16. Leigh Lowe says:

Correct.
    Shoe size IQs.

17. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

Actually, can one be “ferociously ambivalent”?

Give me PMT and I can be.

Days of yore for me now though. 😉

18. Leigh Lowe says:

Ooops. Have just checked. Geelong wasn’t a gold field.

It became one when it got three marginal electorates.

19. Old Lefty says:

Anyone up for a letter-writing campaign to the honours secretariat to have the Hong awarded to the bigoted, foul-mouthed leftist grub Tim Minchin revoked?

20. Lazlo says:

Delightful. Couldn’t happen to a better fuckwit.

21. Megan says:

Wool, Lizzie, not gold. From the days when the nation’s financial success rode on the sheep’s back. And lamb chops were cheaper than chicken, not $45.00+ a kilo.

22. Arky says:

If the establishment doesn’t come up with some plausible bullshit to address the problems of covid, wealth gap, crumbling society, institutional capture by radical ideologues, deep structural unemployment and increasing homelessness, then it’s obvious to everyone at this point that the centre will not hold: the USA experiencing a communist revolution is no longer an absurd idea.

23. Leigh Lowe says:

Shucks. Ballarat, Geelong, not much difference.

Phhht.
    Bloody northerners!

24. H B Bear says:

The thought of AJ five days a week wouldn’t get me back to Foxtel either.

The Parrot is a bit like starlings. If you are on the other side of the Nullarbor you probably won’t understand.

25. Knuckle Dragger says:

Lance.

Lance a lot.

26. Knuckle Dragger says:

Point Piper’s next to that Lakemba joint, isn’t it?

27. Leigh Lowe says:

Lance.
    It is the sort of name you give a boy so that he will be forced to learn to defend himself.
    Either Lance or Sinclair.

28. Knuckle Dragger says:

60 homes apparently saved in Delta’s patch ‘cos rain.

Good work Hughie.

29. Knuckle Dragger says:

Lancelot.

In the Middle Ages people were – never mind. God, you people.

30. H B Bear says:

And lamb chops were cheaper than chicken, not $45.00+ a kilo.

Ah the good old days. When you fed lamb shanks to the dog not pay $5 each for them.

31. WX says:

Tim Minchin?
    Far canal.

O.K., here’s the plan: We give them the segregation they want, but only two tribes: the Productive, and the Unproductive (I know. I’m being generous with the language). Think of the TV show Survivor. Each tribe gets to choose which parts of Australia they want, and then we wait for the Unpros to lay waste to their territory, march in, reclaim and rebuild. All done ‘by the book’.

32. Zyconoclast says:

Correct.
    Shoe size IQs.

But, but 5D chess

33. Leigh Lowe says:

The Parrot is a bit like starlings.

Can be annoying.
    But he did read out two of my e-mails, so there is that.

34. Arky says:

The establishment, at this point, appears to have decided that the answer to increasing radical factions from both left and right is to censor, silence and repress.
    If it works we are left in an authoritarian repressive state.
    If it doesn’t work, we get a revolution.
    They need to rethink their approach.

35. Leigh Lowe says:

Kudos to the bloke who decided that, instead of using them for stock, thought, “You know what. I am going to stand these on their ends in a bed of mash, with a moat of gravy … no, jus around them and charge $30 a copy.”

36. Old Lefty says:

Won’t Uncle Ben and Auntie Mingli now have to call themselves Parent’s Sibling?

37. WX says:

Yes, got it earlier K.D. Liked it, but forgot to state so.

As much as I sometimes whine about the absence of napalm in here, I do find several of you entertaining.

Much grassy-arse.

38. MatrixTransform says:

can one be “ferociously ambivalent”?

yep.
    I don’t give a fuck
    and I never will

39. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

Point Piper’s next to that Lakemba joint, isn’t it?

Didn’t take long to get there once to look at some rugs and tiles in a place recommended.
    When you saw what was on offer it was clear that the quality wasn’t there. Cheap and looked it.
    As the crow flies, it’s not all that far from Point Piper. Vaucluse peninsula – a little further away.
    It felt like crossing an international border though. The signage changed and there were lots of letterbox ladies around.

40. Knuckle Dragger says:

‘two of my e-mails’

Nobody approved that. Let me check the minutes. I’m sure one e-mail, formulated by the steering committee was agreed on.

41. Lazlo says:

This virus was cultivated in the WIV Laboratory to increase its transmissibility. Many scientists, such as Petrovski from Flinders attest to this. There are no scientists presenting cogent arguments against this, other than those saying ‘no it isn’t’ (is this the right room for an argument?), such as the WHO.

We have the first ever ‘pandemic’ generated by an engineered virus.

Do you want another one, next year, or thereafter?

42. Steve trickler says:

Leigh Lowe @10:53 pm

Stop being a smart arse and do dome research.

43. Steve trickler says:

dome = some.

44. Leigh Lowe says:

Yes, got it earlier K.D. Liked it, but forgot to state so.

I got it too.
    But being exceedingly polite, I chose not to say that it wasn’t the slightest bit funny.

45. Knuckle Dragger says:

In true Dad Joke fashion it matters not that nobody thinks they’re funny, as long as I do.

Can’t claim it anyway. Now I have to go and read about tanks and artillery and armour-piercing rounds to relax.

46. Arky says:

Do you want another one, next year, or thereafter?

We aren’t going to be rid of this one.
    The vaccine won’t do shit.

47. Leigh Lowe says:

Steve trickler

#3737152, posted on January 25, 2021 at 11:26 pm

Leigh Lowe @10:53 pm

Stop being a smart arse and do dome research.

What’s the point in researching it if we are all going to fry in a sea of molten lava?
    Thanks for springing that on us at short notice.

48. WX says:

can one be “ferociously ambivalent”?

Yes, but only you are aware of it.

49. MatrixTransform says:

If the establishment doesn’t come up with some plausible bullshit …

Arky.
    Already has
    It’s all your fault.
    and mine probably

50. Leigh Lowe says:

I went a bit free-lance.
    Speaking of which, did you know that in medieval times, Lance was …
    What?
    Been done already?

51. Dot says:

Auntcle Bemingli.

It’s politically correct.

How dare we assume a gender?!

52. WX says:

May your dreams be filled with flechettes in large crowds, K.D.
    (Yes, that’s arty, not armour, but the sentiment is there).

53. Steve trickler says:

Leigh Lowe
    #3737157, posted on January 25, 2021 at 11:31 pm

You are talking shit. Go to bed.

54. Dot says:

So…

Eli Lily has made an antibody based treatment for Coronavirus “COVID 19”.

Okay:

Can the active parts of the drug be generalised for all Coronaviruses such as SARS or MERS, or N95?

Can it be mimicked or analogous in a synthetic form which can be more cheaply mass produced at much higher volumes of doses?

55. MatrixTransform says:

armour

That’s French for love, right?

56. Dot says:

Togas were gender neutral.

Not practical for athletes though.

57. Leigh Lowe says:

Steve trickler

#3737164, posted on January 25, 2021 at 11:37 pm

Leigh Lowe
    #3737157, posted on January 25, 2021 at 11:31 pm

You are talking shit. Go to bed.

Oh, OK.
    You should have said something sooner.

58. Arky says:

My trading thingo has Sydney Airport at a negative book value.
    Is that true?
    At what point does something like that go in bankruptcy?
    Asking for a friend.

59. Knuckle Dragger says:

Before I go, I’d just like to express my deep appreciation, if not admiration of all the people who work in Perth radio.

60. WX says:

MatrixTransform
    #3737166, posted on January 25, 2021 at 11:38 pm

armour

That’s French for love, right?

Close. It means ‘love with protection.’
    Flechette is love without protection. A little sharper.

61. MatrixTransform says:

Zyco,
    the the kiddies are on this gender-twist like seagulls on chips.
    like chips were just invented
    the whole androgyny thing was done to death in the early eighties

62. Peter Greagg says:

Hey KD.
    Thanks for your assessment on the new boy currently at no 6 in the Aussie Team before the series really got underway.
    How do you think he went, and do you think he can make the Big Time?

63. WX says:

Dot
    #3737167, posted on January 25, 2021 at 11:39 pm

Togas were gender neutral.

Not practical for athletes though

Ah, the days before everyone had a camera in their pants.

64. Leigh Lowe says:

the whole androgyny thing was done to death in the early eighties

Mostly without puberty blockers and scalpels, but.

65. Leigh Lowe says:

Knuckle Dragger

#3737172, posted on January 25, 2021 at 11:42 pm

The needle on my sincerity meter has not moved.

66. MatrixTransform says:

Haptic feedback is the use of touch to communicate with users

dealing with the Woke?

not that long ago we called Haptic feedback a punch in the head

times have changed

67. WX says:

Leigh Lowe
    #3737179, posted on January 25, 2021 at 11:49 pm

The needle on my sincerity meter has not moved.

You don’t have one of those Apple Harmony Extract (Unicorn Urine) Powered meters huh?
    You must be using old tech batteries.
    Pfft.

68. H B Bear says:

It’s just not the same since Howard Sattler got cancer. Or cancer got Howard Sattler, I forget. We’ll always have Baz though.

69. MatrixTransform says:

Or cancer got Howard Sattler, I forget

Mr Bear, when I was a kid I was in awe of you.
    I have to admit that you were one of my heroes.
    Right up there with Marine Boy and Shintaro

It’s an absolute pleasure to keep your company on this august journal of record

70. H B Bear says:

It’s not easy working out of a cupboard in Adelaide. Could be worse I s’pose.

71. Bruce in WA says:

Never been the same since Eoin hung up his headphones …

72. H B Bear says:

Never been the same since Eoin hung up his headphones

30 years of the same schtick not quite enough? I miss his contribution to Lieboral politics.

73. H B Bear says:

Actually you have to admire Cameron. Won a seat for the Lieborals. Went to Canberra and found out it was all just bullshit and left, albeit to the warm tit of Aunty’s bosom where he was welcome with open arms.

74. H B Bear says:

Been doing some Googlin’ while we still can. Seems he might not have left on his own terms after all.

75. MatrixTransform says:

night night Westies

76. H B Bear says:

Really need someone in GMT +4 to hand over to. Or develop a meth habit like most of WA to give you some extra hours in the day.

77. Mark A says:

Pearly Gates

A cowboy appeared before St. Peter at the Pearly Gates:
    ‘Have you ever done anything of particular merit?’ St. Peter asked.
    Well, I can think of one thing,’ the cowboy offered.
    ‘On a trip to the Black Hills out in South Dakota, I came upon a gang of bikers who were threatening a young woman. I directed them to leave her alone, but they wouldn’t listen.
    So, I approached the largest and most tattooed biker and smacked him in the face, kicked his bike over, ripped out his nose ring, and threw it on the ground. I yelled, ‘Now, back off or I’ll kick the shit out of all of you!
    St. Peter was impressed, ‘When did this happen?’
    ‘Couple of minutes ago.’

78. Steve trickler says:

That big nose Greek prick who is now Lord Mayor of of Perth, needs a proverbial firm kick up the arse! A sellout.

He’s a fucking disgrace.

79. Top Ender says:

The former host of the ABC’s Four Corners and 7.30 programs wrote to the Governor-General’s secretary Paul Singer on Sunday knocking back his appointment as an Officer (AO) of the Order of Australia — the second-highest honour.

ABC

80. Mark A says:

Did you know that birthdays are good for your health?.
    Studies show that people who have more birthdays live longer.

81. Boris says:

But he was elected by the people of Perth. That’s democracy for you

82. Boris says:

I think people should appreciate ScoMo’s trolling culture warriors by elevating Margaret Court.

He is smart.

83. notafan says:

Dear Kerry, no-one cares, Love Alphalfa

84. feelthebern says:

Dot
    #3737165, posted on January 25, 2021 at 11:38 pm

Biggest news in the world.
    Next to no coverage.

85. DrBeauGan says:

Thanks Tom. Garrison in prophetic mode.

86. feelthebern says:

Newsom is going to have to face a recall election in California.
    It’s looking increasingly likely.
    Now watch the GOP implode over which candidate they’ll put up.

87. Mark A says:

feelthebern
    #3737256, posted on January 26, 2021 at 4:49 am

Newsom is going to have to face a recall election in California.
    It’s looking increasingly likely.
    Now watch the GOP implode over which candidate they’ll put up.

In the current political climate, will it matter?
    Specially in CA.

88. Mark A says:

I wish growing old would take a bit longer, been at work for 16 hours a few days ago and it’s not like it used to be.
    Recovery is slow.

89. Zyconoclast says:

Don Winslow
    @donwinslow

Jan 19
    NEW VIDEO #TrumpsNewArmy VOLUME UP
    On January 20th Donald Trump will no longer be The Commander in Chief.
    He will lose control of the U.S. Armed Forces and take control of a NEW ARMY.

90. Zyconoclast says:

Seems a complicated way at giving violent people more money

Last year Indianapolis’ homicide total jumped to 245 violent deaths, a 40% increase over the year before, and if the first three weeks of 2021 are any indication, that rate has not slowed.

The City is betting $400,000 of its 2021 community crime prevention grant money on an aggressive and admittedly “dangerous” program to send so-called Interrupters into the homes of the most violent people in Indianapolis in an attempt to convince them to not retaliate in the wake of murders or shootings and perhaps even give up their guns and their violent lifestyles.

“We have kind of recruited some of the people that we know who are in the business and have the nerve because this is dangerous work and so we sometimes don’t know what we’re walking into, so these guys have stepped up to do that,” said Majors. “They have lived similar lives. They either used to be gang members or used to be drug dealers or used to be just in the life of violence themselves, went and served time and came back and have now adjusted their thinking to want to help those to be what they wish they had when they were going through those lifestyles to be able to transform.”

Six Interrupters, ex-felons or those familiar with violent crime, have been hired by the Indy Public Safety Foundation, the City’s partner in the project, to hit the streets both before and after violence goes down in an attempt to cool tempers and talk sense, sometimes greasing the conversation with cash, while trying to stem the flow of bloodshed.

91. Zyconoclast says:

With some 2.6 billion people around the world in some kind of lockdown, we are conducting arguably the largest psychological experiment ever;

This will result in a secondary epidemic of burnouts and stress-related absenteeism in the latter half of 2020

Taking action now can mitigate the toxic effects of COVID-19 lockdowns.

92. rickw says:

Salty (Crack head hunter advising senile pedo joe on China….)

93. 1735099 says:

Rudi better get his skates on.

Donald Trump’s former lawyer Rudy Giuliani has been sued for $US1.3 billion ($A1.7 billion) for his role in promoting false claims of election fraud.

Dominion Voting Systems filed a defamation lawsuit on Monday against the former president’s personal lawyer and onetime New York City mayor.

The 107-page complaint and demand for a jury trial claimed Mr Giuliani and his allies manufactured and disseminated the “Big Lie”, which “deceived millions of people into thinking that Dominion had stolen their votes and fixed the election.”

94. Knuckle Dragger says:

Goodwyn today.

Bernie: ‘I was told there’d be free stuff.’

95. Struth says:

Good Moaning.
    Mark A….you are concerned about commenting about Credlin after you witnessed a pile on of me ?

Don’t be too concerned. A couple of scared old farts having to lie about what I said, having to make shit up and repeat it, having to put MV’s words in my mouth (apparently I have said something about today being a day when I said no such thing) make them look like the gooses they are.
    They have to do it, because they’ve been proven wrong and can’t stand it.
    Especially from a truckie.
    (I have not been just a “truckie” all my life, far from it, but I push that image to get up people’s noses, and even worked in a joint defence facility called Pine Gap for some years….quite an insight)
    They’re gutless sneerers.
    I was right about Credlin.
    She achieved nothing, and the point I made has been born out to be correct.
    You don’t go after communists when you half agree with their tyranny and expect to win.
    Remember, she big mouthed and told everyone how she wasn’t “going away” and that she’ll never give up.

She’s given up.
    Why?
    Because she lacks the integrity of true right wing values and conviction.
    That’s what I was pointing out. She is not what she claims to be.
    People should have been able to see that a mile away. Sticks out like dog’s balls.
    She is a political game player from a back ground of agrarian socialists who like to think they are conservative.
    If she hadn’t put herself out there as being the great fighter for the right when she wouldn’t know right wing values if she fell over them, she wouldn’t have made herself out to be the joke she now obviously is.

96. duncanm says:

Nikki Haley is always impressive.

Nikki Haley
    @NikkiHaley
    The UN Human Rights Council is a cesspool of political bias that makes a mockery of human rights. If Biden rejoins the council whose membership includes dictatorial regimes & some of the world’s worst human rights violators, it will fly in the face of our fight for human rights.

97. Struth says:

I was right about this being nothing to do with a virus when most shit themselves here in February, and I was right about Credlin, and although the sneerers have nothing so need to put MV’s words in my mouth, who is no associate of mine, they’ve got nothing.
    Hollowmen.
    People aren’t stupid here, they can see that, but somehow we live in a world where people care about pixels on a computer screen as if it is a concern.
    I don’t.
    Not here to make friends with jerks.
    Don’t mind making them with good people.
    But I’m not here to be friends with everyone.
    I’m here nowadays , and I’m starting to believe I am wrong, because I believed this site to be where right wingers hang out and I could gauge where they were up to in understanding what is going on around them, that I could gauge where people are up to on this coup d’etat.
    This blog has fallen behind many others , now, when it counts.
    And Catallaxy used to be miles ahead and predicting things way before they happened.
    Fear and overwhelming propaganda aimed directly at the demographic here, has had a massive affect, as we witnessed with the likes of Notafan.
    Now it is behind, and that in part is due to people like Frank who care deeply about what other pixels think of his pixels, and is a piss in his pants denialist, sneering away at others for being conspiracy theorists when the facts are what we present is straight from the enemy’s mouth and after a year we can see it all being put in place, but these guys, when their nation needs them the most, turn on the cricket and help the ratings and therefore the money made by the media corporates pushing the propaganda.
    Believe me, Mark, at this point in time, you don’t need enemies when your friends are people like Frank.
    He’s helping things along, trying to keep people off target.
    You’d swear he was a Liberal party hack.

98. Struth says:

Happy Australia day……bye.

99. PeterM says:

Loved Spooner’s take on Australia Day Grinches.

Happy Australia Day everyone!

100. Knuckle Dragger says:

It would appear that once again I have missed out in the Australia Day honours list. Once. Again.

It’s okay though in some respects, because there are aspiring rappers, who have risen to rank of alleged rappers like this bloke who made the grade (NT News):

‘DANZAL Baker, known onstage as Baker Boy, has been awarded a Medal of the Order of Australia for his service to the performing arts as a musician and a singer.

‘However, he won’t be celebrating the honour today, declining media opportunities and releasing a statement indicating he would instead be in mourning of Invasion Day connotations surrounding Australia Day.

‘“I’m grateful for this recognition, and look forward to being able to share and celebrate it but I do not wish to comment any further at this stage as I am in mourning for Invasion Day,” the statement read.

‘“I look forward to a time where we celebrate our country, our people and their achievements on a different day out of respect for all of my First Nations brothers and sisters.”’

But he’s keeping the gong, which puts him a step above Red Kerry.

101. Knuckle Dragger says:

Two epistles, straight off the bat, followed by a bit of sniping and then gorn.

St. Ruth, as I’ve repeatedly said you make SOME good points, you really do – but it’s buried in the bullshit and the people you associate with who are not only squarely in taxi-driver grade nutter territory, but who continue to associate themselves with you. And you let this run.

‘I believed this site to be where right wingers hang out and I could gauge where they were up to in understanding what is going on around them, that I could gauge where people are up to on this coup d’etat.’

See this? It’s this condescending, pompous shit that jacks people up. Whether ‘the people’ are up to the St. Ruth level of requisite understanding. You’ve walked back every Great Prediction of your own, never mind Faulty’s, you were all for armed punch-ons ‘when we have a chance of winning’ until you decided that – according to your interpretation of where the people ‘were up to in understanding’ – they weren’t going for it.

And then you walked it back. Along with the other stuff. I fucking loathe Credlin, but you’ve made me a fan of hers just by your slagging off that her questions didn’t follow those you sent her in your letters. And going on about about it for weeks like a jilted teenage girl.

Stop telling people what to do. They’ve had enough of it recently, and don’t need it from Mr. ‘I have done enough’ from his couch.

102. Knuckle Dragger says:

This is apparently real. Warning: crikkit:

‘For all of his quirkiness Labuschagne does have one thing in his favour as a leader – an incredible zest for the contest.’

That was Robert Craddock in The Hun, pondering over Tim Paine’s successor. Labuschagne is yuuugely entertaining when he’s not copying the sooking cheat’s batting mannerisms, but the leader of this nations, crikkit team he is not. Yet.

103. Knuckle Dragger says:

*nation’s*

104. Boambee John says:

Discovery should be fun!

105. Cassie of Sydney says:

“Boris
    #3737232, posted on January 26, 2021 at 3:38 am

He is smart.”

Morrison had nothing to do with deciding the award…and given his unwillingness to fight anything to do with the “cultural wars”, I doubt very much he would have gone into bat for Court.

106. notafan says:

I’m a victim.

Of a pylon.

Signed St Ruth bringer of Truth and the Bombastic Way.

107. notafan says:

Happy Australia Day people.

108. Cassie of Sydney says:

“Renowned journalist Kerry O’Brien has rejected his Australia Day award, saying the decision to give former tennis great Margaret Court the country’s highest honour is “deeply insensitive” and “divisive”.”

Good. Message to Red Kezza, the only insensitive and divisive person here is you and the organisation you once worked for.

109. Cassie of Sydney says:

Happy Australia Day everyone.

110. Dot says:

Happy Prison Island Day!

111. Zyconoclast says:

University of Rhode Island and Director of Graduate Studies Erik Loomis recently claimed “science, statistics and technology” are racist.

“Science, statistics, and technology are all inherently racist because they are developed by racists who live in a racist society, whether they identify as racists or not,” Loomis tweeted in reference to a New York Times article.

“This is why I have so much contempt for those, including many liberals, who ‘just want the data.’ The data is racist!” he continued.

Erik Loomis Bio

112. dover_beach says:

Nikki Haley is always impressive.

Swamp creature. Romney in a dress.

113. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV) says:

The World’s First Gender-Neutral School Uniform Launches in Taiwan

The world is going through another phase of mass insanity, never ends in anything other than mass bloodshed.

114. Dot says:

Erik Loomis is too dumb to get a STEM degree, or publish any quantitative, empirical research.

He could be weeded out with an IQ test.

115. Dot says:

Yeah I never got the fawning over Haley.

She’s no Rand Paul or Joni Ernst.

116. jupes says:

As opposed to the rest of the team?

117. feelthebern says:

What a retarded statement.
    Made up ribbons given out to most for doing what they were well compensated to do.

118. Knuckle Dragger says:

In the words of the great Hale and Pace:

‘Australia. The world’s most luxurious open prison.’

119. one old bruce says:

‘The World’s First Gender-Neutral School Uniform’

You’d think the Taiwanese would know their own local history.

Maos’ Red Guards had the whole gender-neutral thing happening yonks ago.

120. Knuckle Dragger says:

‘As opposed to the rest of the team?’

Yup. That’ll be news to all his teammates – that they don’t have ‘zest’.

The class clown hardly ever gets to be school captain, and for good reason.

121. Cassie of Sydney says:

“Nikki Haley is always impressive.”

I like her. Haley, along with Mike Pompeo and Richard Grenell, was one of Trump’s successes.

Can’t say the same about warmonger John Bolton.

122. calli says:

Romney in a dress.

Thanks for that image, Dover. 😂

The lamb is about to hit the oven. All garliced and rosmaried, a slurp of olive oil and lashings of pepper and salt. Serving it warm (it’s going to be boiling here) with mint and salad. Mum is bringing the prawns.

Happy Aussie Day!

123. min says:

Numbers I cannot wait for defamation cases to hit court , Powell also had same charges ..I suppose because you seem to know everything you have read Dominion’s instruction manual and read the Antrim County case. Among your credentials I assume you are an expert in computer security systems so you can present some evidence or do you just repeat opinions from the MSM ?

124. feelthebern says:

Richard Grenell is one of the names been thrown around to run against Newsom in CA.
    Might be good profile raising for him.

125. Struth says:

Two epistles, straight off the bat, followed by a bit of sniping and then gorn.

Wrong, another coffee first.

I no more associate with anyone than I associate with you.

Stiff shit.
    People who I never talked down to lost their minds with this crap, and if you think enough of your fellow countrymen you’ll do what you can to bring them back, and tip toe-ing around it wasn’t going to do it.
    Many here needed a reality smack in the mouth…….I give you Notafan as an example.
    Was she going to come around without a does of hard hitting smelling salts?
    She hasn’t even got there yet.
    You speak as if everyone else was meak and mild and polite and not getting stuck into old “playing gigs you selfish bastard and you’ll kill my nanna”
    So enough of the victimhood, please. It doesn’t wash. People give it hard here and I’m not the only one.
    Many here, in my view, have had a disgraceful reaction to this coup d’etat and I don’t back away from talking down to them, as they don’t with me.

You’ve walked back every Great Prediction of your own,

That is a straight out lie, and only one have I walked back, which I have admitted to, which was in regards to the supply chain.

Everything else I have said I stand by and do to this day.

never mind Faulty’s, you were all for armed punch-ons

Another complete lie.
    But it suits your narrative.
    Calling you a liar, is not me walking things back, it is calling you a liar.
    Big difference.
    This is you putting MV’s comments in my mouth.
    For the hundredth time, I was asked after MV’s comments whether I agreed to this coming to violent conflict, which I agreed with and still do, and if you look at the protests in Melbourne , already has… I stand by my comments 100%.

No good fighting against this when everyone wants this, as many here did…….you can deny it all you want, but back at the start people on this very blog were calling for the place to be shut down.
    You can be a thick dishonest bastard if you like and conflate fighting with violence, but in stating we cannot fight until people want to fight, that wasn’t in reference to violence. You guys decided that’s what I meant. But you are fucking liars and spinners.

So not walking back there either.

I made a comment that she wasn’t going to get anywhere and that she’s doing it wrong.
    I was then pounced on by her fanclub if you remember, by one in particular who I can’t remember now as he doesn’t post here often anymore, with the “at least she is doing something line” and was up me for the rent.
    So in fighting back, you clowns don’t like it.

Well guess what , she achieved not only nothing, but reinforced the lie that Andrews killed people therefore reinforcing the propaganda of the deadly killing power of the socialist sniffles.
    Overall she did harm, not good.
    So, unfortunately, I’m correct again.

Never told anyone what to do, however translating that comment means……I have ignored the pile ons and attacks of the rest of many on catallaxy, as we are all angelic Kumbaya peace nicks who never say a cross word to anyone, are never sarcastic and full of abuse, just innocently sitting here being attacked by Struth.
    Spare me your pathetic drivel.

For example.
    If you actually cared for the likes of notafan you would have got stuck into her as well.

126. calli says:

On the “honours” list.

It seems to me that fewer and fewer ordinary people doing extraordinary things voluntarily are being gonged. Volunteers are shrinking, meanwhile activism is on the rise. As for doing your job well…don’t you get paid for that?

The pool of worthy recipients is getting more and more shallow. As for Kezza – he doesn’t value the gong. He prefers to signal his empty virtue. Never, ever, ever offer him one again.

127. Cassie of Sydney says:

“feelthebern
    #3737350, posted on January 26, 2021 at 8:47 am
    Might be good profile raising for him.”

Thanks for letting me know that….Grenell is very impressive. I was also wondering about the prospects of Elon Musk going up against Newsom

128. calli says:

I looked in my diary for last year, in which I recorded not only my dwindling engagements, but also landmarks in the Covid “crisis”.

Sunday marks the first anniversary of seeing someone in a mask. In Brisbane.

129. Struth says:

Oh shit, don’t predict that Zippy….that means you’re calling for an armed uprising around this ‘ere blog.

130. Des Deskperson says:

‘Renowned journalist Kerry O’Brien has rejected his Australia Day award,’

Best remembered the days for his slobbering and fawning over public figures he approved of and his gushing over fashionable lower middlebrow celebrities.

A few years back, the taxpayer funded O’Brien’s trip to London to interview the late Clive James. O’Brien was his usual servile self, but James, not, so far as I could tell, intentionally, made him look dull and ordinary.

What was interesting about that interview was O’Brien’s extraordinary appearance in his older age. With his bloated cheeks, pencil-thin neck and huge swag gut, he looked like someone going to a fancy dress party as ‘Mr Squiggle’ .

Naturally, the media pictures of him that accompany his current search for relevance are mostly ‘ from the archives’.

131. notafan says:

Are people bothering to nominate volunteers?

Me personally don’t give a fig about ‘straya day awards’ madga includes them in her title, nuff said.

132. notafan says:

I actually think I have an Australia Day medallion in a drawer somewhere. Lol.

133. Cactus says:

Google campaigning against Australia Day. Go to front page and click the bird….

134. Some History says:

Spike REEEEEeeeeeee

Spike Lee: Trump ‘will go down in history with the likes of Hitler’

135. Nick says:

Struth
    #3737351, posted on January 26, 2021 at 8:49 am

I no more associate with anyone than I associate with you.

MemoryFault

#3515981, posted on July 17, 2020 at 10:03 am

Why don’t WE, organise, and do the same?

Good morning Gilas.
    I take your point, but you re late to the party.

Oh.

136. jo says:

jupes
    #3737338, posted on January 26, 2021 at 8:40 am

As opposed to the rest of the team?

The best thing he has in his favour is Delta, enough said.

137. Frank says:

The lamb is about to hit the oven.

Must admit, I read that the wrong way at first before the context made it clearer. Along the lines of a minor tweaking of things hitting the fan.

138. Roger says:

Volunteers are shrinking, meanwhile activism is on the rise.

From personal experience, the process of nominating volunteers is quite tortuous.

I suspect they have a streamlined approach for activists and celebrities.

139. Struth says:

Frank , Nick has come in proving my point that you guys are putting MV’s words in my mouth.
    You need to have a little word in his ear………
    Remember there is now a duty of care for all gang leaders, no matter how small the gang.

140. Nick says:

For some groups, eg dealing with the homeless, the waiting list is quite long. I helped one group that in theory was a great idea, but they got greedy, became too heavy and treated their volunteers like dirt.

141. Frank says:

notafan
    #3737360, posted on January 26, 2021 at 8:56 am

Did Madgut Zubanski win an award? What the hell for, fat acceptance and gluttony role model or something.

142. Nick says:

you guys are putting MV’s words in my mouth.

How could that ever be the case that MV would ever speak of anything you’ve said to him, given you don’t ‘associate with anyone’. How would he know what you thought privately? Oh wait.

143. Dot says:

The jam is fancy. I repeat, the jam is fancy.

GO GO GO!!!

144. Nick says:

Struth
    #3737370, posted on January 26, 2021 at 9:06 am

Struth
    #3728241, posted on January 18, 2021 at 9:22 am
    It’s all that matters Nick.
    Who has the guns.
    That is an observation for all Nick’s bed wetting mates.

Oh.

145. miltonf says:

Seems AO awards go to some tax leach or other for doing his or her ‘job’. Just another gewgaw that the loathsome establishment gives itself. Does not impress me in the slightest except for the amount of tax that is extorted from me.

146. Roger says:

Spike Lee: Trump ‘will go down in history with the likes of Hitler’

Meanwhile, Biden just extended funding for abortion.

He gets excited at the prospect of killing babies, especially coloured ones.

147. feelthebern says:

Chronic alcoholism will do that.

148. Struth says:

You’re telling the lies, er story, so you tell me?

How does MV know what my stance on anything is, and why would you take his word and not mine?
    Explain yourself.

149. miltonf says:

Never liked Clive Robertson but Kerry O’Pooface was a good name. Very apt.

150. Struth says:

Struth
    #3728241, posted on January 18, 2021 at 9:22 am
    It’s all that matters Nick.
    Who has the guns.
    That is an observation for all Nick’s bed wetting mates.

As we are now seeing quite clearly.
    All that matters in this world is who has the guns.
    Who has the power.
    I stand by that comment 100%

Frank, get in here before you have to come in swinging your pathetic sarcasm about to deflect from Nick’s lack of basic comprehension.
    You have a duty of care.

151. Tom says:

If Ric Grenell runs in CA, re will rediscover for the nth time that it means nothing to be one of the left’s protected species (i.e. gay) if you’re a member of the wrong political tribe.

He will be like the black man who discovers he’s an Uncle Tom because he thinks for himself. The antifa death threats will be personal and Silicon Valley will publish all the details of his personal life, his movements and the names of his associates.

In any case. the US judiciary’s blanket refusal to hear evidence of cheating by their friends in the
    Democratic Party in the November election green-lights massive vote fraud in every election, state and federal, for the foreseeable future.

The USA is now a one-party banana republic (controlled by the Chinese Communist Party) in which Republicans who take on the swamp can never win key offices like the presidency because the result of all elections will be pre-determined by state Democratic Party officials shipping in the necessary number of ballots after the polls close to ensure Republicans can’t win.

152. Struth says:

C’mon Frank, nothing funnier than watching the village idiot come out demonstrating his karate prowess thinking the rest of the gang is behind him.

153. Leigh Lowe says:

Struth

#3737370, posted on January 26, 2021 at 9:06 am

Ah, well, not quite.
    The original words spoken on your behalf came from Faulty.
    So there are only two options:-
    1. Faulty was telling the truth and was repeating a private conversation between you two; or
    2. Faulty is a liar and roped you into his Dad’s Army fantasy.
    Which is it?

154. Frank says:

Struth
    #3737392, posted on January 26, 2021 at 9:21 am

Which Frank are you referring to?

155. Cassie of Sydney says:

“Tom
    #3737388, posted on January 26, 2021 at 9:17 am”

Tom, excellent comment and 100% true.

156. Struth says:

The other Frank, Frank.

157. Ronaldo says:

I am outraged by the AC awarded to the odious Malcolm Turnbull. So I am returning to the Governor-General the medal I was given when I was in primary school to commemorate the 1954 Royal Visit.

158. Roger says:

Maladroit Blight Trumble Esq.’s award is a consolation prize from the prog-left for losing the Liberal leadership to the odious suburban dag Scott Morrison.

He certainly doesn’t have any achievements to warrant it.

159. Runnybum says:

The groovy gang is here early, musta checked their emails.

160. miltonf says:

Ha ha they gave one to Trumble? What for? Services to himself?

161. Dave in Marybrook says:

Des-
    note also that O’Brien’s taxpayer-funded junket actually let Red Kezza self-produce the taped interview
    ie we chumps paid the ABC to get him there, and then pay his production company to broadcast it in prime-time to boot

162. Farmer Gez says:

Former ABC journalist Kerry O’Brien rejects Australia Day honour in protest over Margaret Court award

Wrong reason but right call. Useless overpaid turds shouldn’t get awards.
    Our small town has dozens of people more worthy. Kind acts supporting the elderly or disabled and they do it every day of the year for nothing more than a thank you.

163. miltonf says:

Yes spot on Tom. All this talk about DJT or someone else running in 2024 is irrelevant.

164. Struth says:

Ah, well, not quite.
    The original words spoken on your behalf came from Faulty.
    So there are only two options:-
    2. Faulty is a liar and roped you into his Dad’s Army fantasy.
    Which is it?

I’ve already told you, smart arse.
    You know what my stance is on all issues from what I have said.
    You don’t need to go to MV to know what I think.
    But you do, you attempt to put MV’s words in my mouth, and that is dishonest , low class, bitchy school girl stuff.
    Putting MV’s words in my mouth because you are devoid of argument so you need to attempt character assassination by association.
    You may think you are a smarty pants Frank, but it never wins against straight forward honest conviction and integrity.
    People don’t have to be smarter than you to make you look like the C..nt you are, they just have to have a bit of integrity. It fucks people like you up every time.
    It takes a while, and it takes persistence, but when the likes of you come up against it, you are shown up to be the shit you really are.
    Every single time.

165. H B Bear says:

Waffleworth gets a gong. That’s more offensive than a C00n cheese sandwich.

166. miltonf says:

Doesn’t the carro have some sorta gong? Who’s want company like that? Just oozes spite and venom.

167. Roger says:

The ABC then claims that practice is adding value to the government’s – i.e. the tax payers – investment and contributing tot he economy by employing people outside of the corporation.

Seriously..

168. Knuckle Dragger says:

‘Both Struth and I accept that it may very well come to that, Struth even more so than me. And we are both prepared to go whatever lengths necessary, including violence and armed resistance.’

You’ve never distanced yourself from this nuttery. Ever. Except to go ‘oh but when we have a chance of winning.’

You’re a fence-sitter. That’s all.

‘I don’t back away from talking down to them’

And yet you scream and bitch when people quite rightly take the piss out of your pompous, omnipotent ‘I’m just a Stubbies-wearing battered hat-having steely-eyed genuine Aussie type looking over the top stockyard rail’ schtick.

‘we cannot fight until people want to fight, that wasn’t in reference to violence.’

Liability Bob-grade dissembling. After you were taken to task on it, and discovering some of ‘the people’ weren’t on board. And then there’s this:

‘So enough of the victimhood, please. It doesn’t wash’ – followed by ‘I have ignored the pile ons and attacks of the rest of many on catallaxy’. Alinsky.

All you’re doing now is justifying your very public hitching you wagon to a star – that star being a pair of world class nuffies. You do know this. Right?

I’ll make a prediction of my own. The Great Furniture Shop Schism is imminent. No room for fence-sitters there.

169. calli says:

Tom
    #3737388, posted on January 26, 2021 at 9:17 am

Yes, Tom.

The die is cast. It will take a great cataclysm to change direction now.

170. Farmer Gez says:

Waffleworth gets a gong.

Citation:
    For outstanding self service in fields of business and politics.

171. Roger says:

Doesn’t the carro have some sorta gong?

“Jane Caro AM” according to the blurb on her agent’s page. [trigger warning!]

Really, she should return it in protest…no?

172. miltonf says:

I wish carro would go back to London.

173. Rockdoctor says:

Happy Australia day from NQ. Some observations from the trip across country. Rural Australia is on it’s last legs unless there are mines or funnily enough the old school family owned farms. The absence of chilren & frequency of the elderly stark in some of the more decaying regions.

A large jump in people idenifying as ATSI especially pasty red haired types.

Parts of the Gregory Developmental rd rd especially round Clermont are in such poor repair they would be better maintained by returning to gravel and sending a grader along every few months to smooth out. The current configuration is dangerous.

Lastly, silver lining to Adani. First time ever I had almost constant mobile service along the 400km of nothing between Charters Towers & Clermont. New railway under construction too. Good to see.

174. johanna says:

Dover is right about Nikki Haley (Romney in a dress).

She talks a good game, but was one of the backstabbers who deserted Trump.

Never mind what they say, watch what they do.

175. Roger says:

I wish carro would go back to London.

What…and be a small fish in a big pond?

176. Struth says:

Your like a climate loon KD.
    Apparently if I don’t denounce whatever the opposition says, I’m a fence sitter.
    Could it possibly be that i disagree with some of what he says and not other things?

Because a lot of what MV has said in the past is completely lookie and to be laughed at.
    And he was told by me.
    And we had a big blue about his behaviour with women, even though i was trying to be sympathetic because his wife had just died.

But , as explained before you tribalist git, I am my own man and agree with some points people say and not others.
    So once and for all for you fuckheads….I agree with the proposition that this will all end in blood shed, and we’ll probably end up fighting against it, physically and not just peaceably, and it doesn’t matter who says it, I agree with that proposition.

How hard is it for you Schmucks?

177. Roger says:

No can do.

Brisbane bugmen need their cross river rail first.

178. miltonf says:

Yes it certainly is. Good to see resistance against the marxist attempts to destroy our economy. Is Ardani getting any help from our miserable, treasonous banks?

179. Struth says:

lookie equals kookie, or kooky, even.
    Maybe one more coffee.

180. JMH says:

Turncoat gonged, eh? The Australia Day awards lost all credibility when Flanners got Oz of The Year in 2007. It’s now a ‘celebration’ to be mocked. Annually.

181. Delta A says:

The best thing he has in his favour is Delta, enough said.

🙂

182. miltonf says:

I don’t if the elites think that they are making everyman jealous. I just hold them in contempt.

183. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

Hooray, hooray, it’s Straya Day today!
    Flag’s up!
    Happy Australia Day to all Cats and Kittehs.

————–

‘The World’s First Gender-Neutral School Uniform’

Just typical Asian youth cuteness. Quite amusing.
    Note that you can still tell the girls from the boys, no matter what they’re wearing.
    Something called biology still at work there if you look closely.

184. jupes says:

For some groups, eg dealing with the homeless, the waiting list is quite long.

Those bastards should never get a gong. They are a big part of the problem. In Perth there are literally 50 groups make life comfortable for the derros. Great incentive to stay a derro.

185. Arky says:

Awards.
    I think at this point most adults realise awards are given to the worst stooges, not to the best or greatest contributors.
    If I see someone in any field of endeavour has an award, I just think, “Ah. You’re a dirty, back stabbing fucking stooge”.
    Not always. But often enough.
    Those individuals doing actual hard work to preserve what’s left of our crumbling civilisation do it in silence and in the face of opposition, neglect or sabotage from those who give the awards.

186. dopey says:

187. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

Where would we be without such words of wisdom, on Australia Day?

Opinion
    Dark Discovery: European mindset of superiority continues today
    By Bruce Pascoe
    January 25, 2021 — 11.55pm

What was happening in the European mind when they built ships big enough to cross oceans?

The spread of Christianity, bringing light to the dark places? Or gold? Enough gold to gild a king’s palace or a priest’s church.

After Columbus and his journey to the Americas, Pope Alexander VI provided the answer in his papal bull of 1493, The Doctrine of Discovery, which deemed that Christians could lay claim to the territory of other nations on the grounds that the Indigenes did not know the name Jesus Christ. If they resisted the right of this most reasonable test, they could be justifiably killed.
    Plunder and murder

European thought and spiritual imagination were declared superior to all others. There may have been humanitarian moves afoot in England but the result was the same, robbery under arms. So, the plunder began. And the murder. The invasions of Africa, North and South America and Asia were vicious and contemptuous.

Vasco da Gama was so confident of his greater virtue that he burned alive his Muslim captives, peering through the porthole to see the deed accomplished. As affirmation of this greater spirituality, he cut off the ears of their priest and sewed on the ears of a dog in their place. Not much good for the dog either but a vivid demonstration of the superior Christian spirit.

By the time the Christians reached Australia, the colonial methods were refined to a ruthless edge. Backed by both the Church and Crown, invaders felt impervious to the claims of the Indigenous population. They refused to acknowledge the rights to land and even to their humanity.

‘Explorers’ and ‘pioneers’ saw and recorded vast croplands of tubers and grasses. They reported dams and wells, villages and roads but the pope’s bull emboldened them in the certainty that they could take anyone’s land. And life.

Their confidence that any un-Christian abomination would be smiled on by the church and indulged by both the state and courts allowed explorer and pastoralist Angus McMillan to kill hundreds of Aborigines in Gippsland. Of course, there were many others involved in massacres all over Australia and these massacres are well documented, but even today, some Australians confect ways of denial.

That denial produces confidence in today’s law to turn a blind eye to deaths in custody, to people being shot in their homes in Yuendumu, to the explosion of the world’s oldest art and for the shares of the nationally respected perpetrating company to rise.

The rest of the world understands Australian theft and murder, mainly because of their participation in similar acts, but in Australia, we pretend bemusement or outright hostility to the mere suggestion.
    God’s walk-out

And we are such fair-go, good-bloke larrikins that we become furious when a sportsman accuses others of racism. My father was aghast and demoralised when a football trainer refused to massage the legs of a black footballer. Dad was a Christian but he felt that God had deliberately walked out of that room.
    We become furious when a sportsman accuses others of racism.

This attitude to Aboriginal Australians continues today and pervades the assumptions of every institution.

While the public sentiment and colloquial banter maintain that Aborigines did nothing with the land and are just lucky that Europeans turned up, then that sentiment seeps subliminally into every school, every church, every court and every employment agency.

We have said sorry as a nation; we have urged our population to avoid racist talk, but it is not yet a thread in our national cloth. The loom is ready to weave a new one but the weaver has not been taught the pattern and in many cases, does not believe the thread exists.

Doesn’t our democracy look efficient when you compare it to the COVID-19 response in the rest of the world? Don’t we look peaceable when you look at the Speaker’s chair in our Parliament and see there no vandal wearing horns?

Yes, we do many things well but we are selective and most of all, we are selective about what we believe about the entry of Europeans into this continent and why they entered.

Bruce Pascoe is a Yuin, Bunurong and Tasmanian man and two of his recent books are Dark Emu and Loving Country.

188. Knuckle Dragger says:

Never distanced yourself. Ever.

No amount of ‘over there!’s will change that.

Colorbond or picket?

189. Nick says:

KD, I’ll repeat what I said last night. It’s funny watching some Cats develop a few hangers on, thinking they are part of a movement until that one day peterfile allegations are made, or comments about how they really feel about guns, women, violence etc are made, when the penny drops and they distance themselves like a dropped pie.

190. Struth says:

And while we are at it. If any of the sneerers club want to put up an alternative web site, a blog, for when, (which is now more likely than if) this blog gets closed down, I would happily and heartily congratulate you on being proactive in the situation we find ourselves.
    NFA set up the furniture shop and although we all don’t agree on everything, good on him for doing it. Doing something, would you not agree?
    And when Sinclair shut this blog down, people could go there.
    It was meant as a back up, as NFA explained to me.
    I went there to get away from the denialism that was here for much of last year, which was important for me to do for my sanity.
    So sue me.
    You may never go there and that’s fine, but to criticise people for starting another right wing blog while doing nothing yourselves is beyond pathetic.

191. dover_beach says:

Ric Grenell

Barnes is very sceptical of this fella in the most recent VivaBarnes Sunday show.

192. Cassie of Sydney says:

“dopey
    #3737440, posted on January 26, 2021 at 9:54 am
    Cassie. ‘ I doubt very much he would have gone in to bat for Court.’ You should be very proud of that one Cassie. Maybe the whole thing’s a racket anyway.”

LOL….indeed Dopey.

193. Nick says:

FMD ‘the alternate site for when the blog gets shut down’ lmao, it never ends does it ?
    This just proves all the parody made.

194. dover_beach says:

Barnes on the upcoming unconstitutional impeachment trial:

195. Struth says:

Never distanced yourself. Ever.

No amount of ‘over there!’s will change that.

Colorbond or picket?

Saying it doesn’t make it so, cockhead.
    I don’t distance myself from anything I have said and stand by the lot.
    As I have proven again this morning.
    And you can’t prove I haven’t.

196. Cassie of Sydney says:

To wake up and find that Red Kezza and Malturd have both been given a gong proves that the whole award system has become a racket.

197. Mother Lode says:

The lamb is about to hit the oven.

I have lamb and a very full bodied, smooth tannined, and almost shiraz-peppery Pinot Noir, standing by for lunch.

How brilliant has the lamb marketing board been persuading a nation of steak eaters that lamb is the meat for their national day?

198. dover_beach says:

Jack Posobiec Flag of United States
    @JackPosobiec
    7h
    We truly live in the Hunger Games only instead of sending children to kill each other we promise the poor that we will pay them slightly above poverty level if they spend 20 years fighting in the Middle East while we call them racists and sell them cheap Chinese TV sets

And we call this freedom and prosperity.

199. Dot says:

A lot of righties shooting at each other.

Whatever happened to Gary Cooper? You know, the strong, silent type?

200. Struth says:

Nick, you’re relatively new here, and there is a history that many people know regarding myself and MV.
    He’s always been someone I argued with more than most.
    But I agree with propositions and statements and they are not based on who says them, but what those statements are.
    You guys being tribalists, little gang types, don’t get that.
    I’m just saying, you’re making a goat of yourself, and your gang leader has a responsibility for your mental health.

201. Geriatric Mayfly says:

Margaret Court’s award made it to the end. I assumed it would be withdrawn. These days, the minute the
    Left and their acolytes begin caterwauling the response is, that everyone runs for cover. Someone must be held to account for this lapse. The shame and guilt are there: ‘hurtful, divisive, disgraceful and costing lives’ should have been taken very seriously

202. miltonf says:

Of course it is Cassie. You get one for having the ‘correct’ opinions and/or doing your job and/or services to yourself/your family.

The sickest one of all is the PSM. To think that such an ‘award’ even exists.

203. Nick says:

The guy you’ve never associated with ?

204. Nick says:

It’s interesting reading the SMH and of the self righteous comments about those who want to change the date are a sizeable group, despite Fairfax’s own polling putting them at about 33%, when, say 50% of Australians would want more Conservative voices at the ABC is derided.

205. Tel says:

Completely correct … but at least Kerry O’Brien showed remarkable integrity admitting himself unworthy and thus boosting the reputation of Australia overall.

206. Struth says:

So from now on, I will not take kindly to people putting other people’s words in my mouth and claiming I said them.
    There is still some laws that can be upheld.
    People holding me to account for my own words is fair enough.
    You start putting me in with p…e..d.os and fringe types there may be consequences.
    You quote me on what I have said from now on, and only what I have said.
    This comment above is actionable.

207. Roger says:

Ah…you must be a young’un, ML.

Lamb was often on the table growing up – several times a week as chops, stew or roast on Sunday.

Beef was eaten as mince or corned more often than a cut of steak as I recall.

And in those pre-battery farm days a roasted chicken was reserved for special occasions.

So they’re building on a solid tradition, but it is very clever marketing, no doubt.

208. dover_beach says:

Margaret Court’s award made it to the end. I assumed it would be withdrawn.

The Left in this country speaks through the ABC. It marks whatever it wants to be targeted by the commentariat, twittermob, and the like. It always begins the two-minutes of hate which is now a 24-hr calumny we call a news cycle. My wife bumped into a neighbor who is a regular viewer of the ABC and you could already determine what her talking points were knowing just this: impeachment, Court, and ‘Invasion Day’.

The ABC is the most partisan news outlet in our political landscape.

209. Nick says:

Strange you assumed I was speaking about you, Struth. Go for it.

210. Struth says:

Strange you assumed I was speaking about you, Struth. Go for it.

And you claim I walk things back.
    FMD.

211. Mother Lode says:

Ah…you must be a young’un, ML.

It’s why I say stuff like that. To create that impression.

212. Geriatric Mayfly says:

Is there still a Patron Saint of Lost Causes?

213. H B Bear says:

Lot of smoke being generated around Australia Day. Expect an “it’s all too hard” approach to this problematic day shortly. Until a comfortable and relaxed John Howard draped himself in the flag I don’t remember much being made of Australia Day at all growing up.

214. H B Bear says:

Does God have the numbers?

215. Nick says:

And you claim I walk things back.
    FMD.

Lol

216. stackja says:

Geriatric Mayfly
    #3737476, posted on January 26, 2021 at 10:19 am

Saint Jude,

As a young man, Danny Thomas had a simple goal: to entertain people and be successful enough at it to provide for his wife and family. But work wasn’t easy to come by.

Danny’s shrine to St. Jude Thaddeus was originally to be a general children’s hospital located some where in the south. Danny’s mentor, Cardinal Samuel Stritch, recommended he look to Memphis, Tennessee, the cardinal’s hometown.

217. Roger says:

I would say this was magnificent trolling but she is no doubt sincere…and correct.

Grace under pressure.

218. Struth says:

Nick, you’re not that bright, so be careful, Frank isn’t always going to be here for you.
    I hear he told others he’s sick of having to come in here and save your butt with tedious sarcasm.

219. dover_beach says:

I was listening to MMM 90s last week and their news characterized her similar statement, where she responded to Andrews with, Bless, as ‘bizarre’. But a man in a dress is ‘stunning’.

220. stackja says:

H B Bear
    #3737478, posted on January 26, 2021 at 10:20 am

As I remember, Australia Day was a Bob Hawke “invention”, first step to republic.

221. Struth says:

We started first celebrating Australia day in 1808.
    Those trying to demean it as not a worthy thing to worry about are surrender monkeys to the left.

222. Geriatric Mayfly says:

don’t remember much being made of Australia Day at all growing up.

There were many such things we simply took for granted back in the day. Now they arouse suspicion and then subject to the torch of intersectionality. A few, like Labour Day, Sorry Day etc survive; others begin to flag under interminable assault.

223. Roger says:

It’s why I say stuff like that. To create that impression.

You must remember “mock chicken” sandwiches then?

And Devon sandwiches too, smothered in the condiment of choice – tomato sauce!

White bread only, of course. (How racist we were.)

224. Cassie of Sydney says:

“Tennis legend Margaret Court says she is praying for Daniel Andrews because their beliefs have skewed ‘so far left’ they have lost touch with Australia’s values.”

I love this by Margaret because whilst I have no doubt she is sincere about “praying for Andrews” and from what I know of her she doesn’t have a mean or spiteful bone in her body, I just love the fact that she’s talking about such things as “praying” for her critics….because she’s rubbing the noses of Andrews and all the rest of the progressive left Marxist scum in their own shit.

Good.

Meanwhile a UK Islaaaaaaamic hate preacher is coming to this country in April….his name is Ali Dawah. This same Ali Dawah uses his youtube channel to spruik….

Child marriages
    FGM
    Execution of apostates
    Bullying and harassing critics of Islaaaaaaam

Will we hear any noise from the usual progressive left suspects about “hate speech” etc. Don’t bet on it.
    Just remember that Milo was banned for much less offensive speech. Milo has never called for violence or execution of his enemies.

Ho hum.

225. Knuckle Dragger says:

‘put up an alternative web site, a blog, for when, (which is now more likely than if) this blog gets closed down’

Faulty lives!

Through his spokesperson, naturally. Right now Faulty’s in a big bleck robe with a hood, Emperor Palpatine-style with his hands clasped, going ‘Goooood. Goooooood.’

226. Roger says:

don’t remember much being made of Australia Day at all growing up.

Guy Fawkes Night was more eagerly anticipated.

227. Struth says:

People still celebrated Australia day when I was growing up , but being Australians, thought they were too cool for school for all the flag waving stuff the yanks carried on with………well look where that’s got us.

228. Struth says:

Faulty had nothing to do with it you moron.
    It was NFA…who hates Faulty.

229. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

I’m reading some of the comments on an article on Australia Day, on the Sydney Moaning Hemorrhoid site – so much ignorance about Australia’s history!