Open Forum: February 20, 2021

3,432 Responses to Open Forum: February 20, 2021

1. incoherent rambler says:

Is our military so degraded that we do not have heavy lift aircraft that can land in the ACT?
    Shirley, there must be a way to transport Christine?

2. Tintarella di Luna says:

Mother Lode says:
    February 24, 2021 at 11:06 am

I liked your comment Mother Lode, informative, incisive, eloquent and accurate – Zinger to the max

3. Steve trickler says:

Fascinating. Enjoyed every minute. 31:18.

Check out his series.

Inside Private Hasidic Sabbath Dinner As A Non-J*w

4. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

Only in Darwin! Surgeons at a hospital are warned not to use their endoscopy equipment to steal chocolate from operating theatre vending machine

Bizarre method surgeons are using to steal items from hospital vending machine
    Surgeons from a Darwin hospital are using endoscopy devices to steal chocolate
    Warning taped to machine threatens ‘theft is a crime’ and police will be called
    Photo sparks concern that endoscopy equipment isn’t being sterilised correctly

Daily Mail

5. feelthebern says:

Never forget that Birmingham was visiting James Cook Uni to praise its leadership at the same time Peter Ridd was being persecuted out of a job. Never forget that the current minister could have told James Cook that, were they to continue the ongoing legal tussle with Ridd, their federal grants would be cut by a similar amount.

Birmingham is a retard of the highest order.
    It would be better for the Libs to be in opposition than to have this fool in a decision making capacity.

6. mh says:

There’s a lot of this going on

French actor Depardieu charged with rape, old case revived
    French media reports said the charges relate to allegations made by an actress in her 20s that date back to 2018.

7. bespoke says:

Tic tok

8. H B Bear says:

The real reason behind the Tiger Woods car crash can be revealed- it was a loan car. Who hasn’t tried something similar in a hire car?

9. Lysander says:

Carpe, have done some work across electoral numbers this AM and have my final WA Election Numbers prediction ready which was different to my pre-Lotto forecast I made last week (scratch that please). I can’t NOT see Labor winning 50 seats here, but with a slight sense of caution, my numbers for 13 March 2021 are as follows:

-Labor: 49 Seats;
    -Liberal: 6 Seats;
    -Nats: 4 Seats.

10. Dr Faustus says:

For people used to clicking ‘previous’, or a page number to see back behind the page turn, the Brave New Cat has Older Comments.

Which is disgustingly Ageist.

11. Lysander says:

(If I’ve gotten numbers wrong, you may repeat to me time and time again to my delight that nobody should get numbers wrong; he is an idiot)

12. H B Bear says:

Birmingham is a retard of the highest order.

Perhaps. Have you had a look at the Liars front bench?It is special bus material.

Sorry NamBob, I can probably say this as I have a brain injury myself. That is how this works, isn’t it?

13. Tom says:

Haha, Humphrey at 12.31pm. Yes indeed. Woods was driving a Genesis SUV. Genesis is the naming rights sponsor of the former LA Open, now called the Genesis Invitational, held last weekend. Geez, I hate it when sponsors are allowed to trash golf history.

14. Cassie of Sydney says:

“-Labor: 49 Seats;
    -Liberal: 6 Seats;
    -Nats: 4 Seats.”

Will Zac Cockup lose his seat?

15. Mick Gold Coast QLD says:

I see:

“It seems Reynolds has a pre-existing cardio condition.”

I google the pictures to find that this is no surprise. The last couple of War Ministers have been enthusiastic clients of the Parliament House dining room.

In other news about incompetent wymminses touting for high office and failing to display any visual evidence that they have some sense of personal self discipline Top Ender says at 11:36 am:

“It’s OK! Chrissie is not leaving her locale of chipperies!

Chubby Christine Nixon to lead oversight committee into staffing problems at ACT prison

ACT Corrections Minister Mick Gentleman said …”

… that he wished his parents had named him Callum Murray.

16. Lysander says:

I think so Cassie, Zac holds Dawesville by a minute margin. And most polls in WA showing a primary vote for ALP of between 60-63%!!! **rolls eyes**

It’s amazing what a “pandemic” will do… oh, all the sickening lovey support of 7 News, The Worst Australian Newspaper, PerthNow and Sunday Times (all owned by Kerry Stokes who has earned himself a 9-figure payday from a State Govt in a mining deal…).

Hello WA Inc?

17. Des Deskperson says:

‘Des, you are making the assumption that she will actually go to the incarceration centre as part of her investigation.’

Although it is a ‘virtual’ committee focused on personnel and training, l would have thought that some first hand idea of the physical arrangements at the ‘centre’ on the part of the Chair would be helpful. Of course, the cluelessness and fecklessness of the ACT government and its public sector when it comes to serious stuff is hard to exaggerate, so we can’t be sure of anything.

The whole place is run on a sort of voodoo. Having a wimminist icon chairing a committee like this means that everything will turn out looking good and we won’t have to worry about hard, messy stuff like details and processes.

18. H B Bear says:

Will Zac Cockup lose his seat?

Does anyone care? It seems even the Lieborals are using him as a sacrificial annode.

19. Lysander says:

Woods was driving a Genesis SUV.

I think the name Genesis should be cancelled as it clearly represents a creationist enterprise.

20. H B Bear says:

Hello WA Inc?

The Crown WA drips are not looking good. It has already been through the wash once pre-Burswood with Dallas Dempster.

21. jupes says:

Given that the press gallery was lining her up to be gang-assaulted today, her doctor must have advised her to avoid it.

Interesting that a couple of drunks rooting on her couch in what may, or may not, have been a consensual act, is apparently a bigger crime than persecuting combat soldiers, destroying the SAS and lying about the cost of deisel submarines.

Canberra has really lost touch with reality.

22. H B Bear says:

Stoke’s private stuff must be impressive because his public stuff is rubbish. He won’t be on any WA Newspapers shareholder Christmas card list unless they dumped it as soon as he appeared.

23. Mother Lode says:

Who hasn’t tried something similar in a hire car?

Ha!

How many times have we egged people on saying “Drive it like you rented it!”

I just had a sudden realisation though – those ads where they tell us that ‘In the future you will own nothing, and you will be happy.’

Just compare how people treat their own property to public property.

Note also that the people pushing this make sure they never have to rely on public things like public transport, housing, hospitals or health, lawyers, etc.

24. Mother Lode says:

What? You don’t think the association with Phil Collins’ band is reason enough?

25. Entropy says:

Mother, the important thing is they want to control the means of production. They don’t have to own it.

26. Entropy says:

Those Genesis GV80 are a pretty nice bit of kit for a Hyundai.
    Disclosure: just purchased a 2021 Santa Fe.

27. max says:

Birmingham is a retard of the highest order.

Birmingham, Greg Hunt, the Vic Opposition leader O’Brien, are all cut from the same cloth – velour perhaps or a stripy gingham or seersucker or an English tweed.

It’s what Lib candidate selection committees go for: nice boys, well mannered who would never throw a punch.

28. Mother Lode says:

Oh, thank Heavens.

Controlling rather than owning – like the National Socialists.

So Numbers will be dead against it, and we Cats and Kittehs will, apparently, be for it because we are Nazis.

29. Tintarella di Luna says:

I was interested in Ms Higgins current boyfriend, it appears he’s had a patchy work history, a former reporter on SBS, then a reporter on Sky News, then on WIN then went to work in government in the office of Prime Minister and Cabinet until, it is reported, he joined his new employer Stream in January where he worked until yesterday. This fellow sounds like an all ’round attention-seeker.

I also found this article from 2018 on R U OK Day which indicates he has mental health problems, the article says he was married in March 2018 to a young lady by the name of Alexandra but it would appear that marriage may be over given that he has taken up with Ms Higgins.

30. Steve trickler says:

The paper is joke and all staff included.

31. Carpe Jugulum says:

Lysander says:
    February 24, 2021 at 12:52 pm

-Labor: 49 Seats;
    -Liberal: 6 Seats;
    -Nats: 4 Seats.

WoW, it’s that bad in West Veneztralia

32. feelthebern says:

Flat earthers are so convincing.
    That is until Anthony Cumia shows up at the 27min mark & takes him to school.

33. Cassie of Sydney says:

“Tintarella di Luna says:
    February 24, 2021 at 1:36 pm”

Agree Tinta.

34. Fisky says:

Good to see wages ticking up for once. How is this possible in a pandemic economy you ask? Immigration has been reduced to nothing, allowing Australians a respite from imported labour. Supply and demand in other words.

ANZ_Research

@ANZ_Research

Australia’s #wage growth jumped 0.6% q/q in Q4, with annual growth consolidating at 1.4% y/y. The strong result was boosted by the reversal of pandemic-era wage cuts, as well as the deferred minimum wage increase kicking in for workers in most industries. #ausecon

@cfbirch

35. Mother Lode says:

A post from the venerable CL disappeared from the front page.

I think it is pretty clear what is going on now, and who the culprit is – the same answer to both: White Supremacists.

36. Dot says:

I don’t day trade.

Day trading is very bad for me.

Disclosure

CAD
    JMS

To the moon.

Also holding

BPT (ugh)
    LYC
    KAR
    ZIP
    APT
    OSH

Got rid of Kogan. Pain in the rear like BPT.

37. Dot says:

Mick Gentleman.

Is he Irish?

38. Mark from Melbourne says:

Front page of the West OZ is a Harvey Norman ad

Welcome to Danistan (West)!

The front page of the Hun in Melbournistan has been pretty much that for well over six months.

39. Dot says:

The only way to spare more pain and more loss, the only way, is Mel Stone’s No Longer Marker National Mourning.

40. JMH says:

What an utter wwwaysist that Member for Wannon is! He referred several times to “Black Jack” McEwan. I am horrified.

41. calli says:

Okay. Now have a handle on the New and Improved Cat.

No page numbering. If you want to check a comment from yesterday, you have to scroll through “Older Comments”. No worries. I thought for a while the Interwebs had eaten them.

All the embedded videos are gone. That will definitely speed things up.

Well done Jacques and Sinc. Svelte and agile hamsters.

42. Tom says:

Tucker Carlson Tonight on the media’s carefully constructed disinformation propaganda about right-wing “terrorism” the USA, mainly designed to make Trump rallies illegal, and (from 21m45s) a brilliant piece of writing by Carlson on the top-top revolution by the American ruling class against the hollowed middle class.

43. Geriatric Mayfly says:

JMH says:
    February 24, 2021 at 2:20 pm

Calm down. It only takes the slightest trace these days to be part of the mob.

44. Geriatric Mayfly says:

Only half an hour ago an Hon Member was on his hind trotters mightily aggrieved that right wing extremism has such a grip on THIS country. Even ASIO said so he told us.

45. Speedbox says:

Dot says:
    February 24, 2021 at 2:14 pm

Like me, getting a significant bashing about the ears today.

46. Mother Lode says:

propaganda about right-wing “terrorism” the USA

Yes, the people who believe in the constitution and the cultural norms that has sustained the US such as free speech, family, faith, individualism, etc – they are the extremists America must be defended from.

47. mh says:

Joe Biden – friend of KKK member Robert Byrd – commits to “rooting out systemic racism and unconscious bias from our institutions and our laws as well as our hearts.”

How lovely.

48. Steve trickler says:

You can watch HD on Gulag. yet Wpress shits itself embeds?

Having said that, I do remember it being mentioned that Doomy was copping bandwith bils$

49. Mother Lode says:

“rooting out systemic racism and unconscious bias

It is personal for him – a lot of folks are biased against unconscious people such as he.

50. feelthebern says:

Joe Biden really leaned into the n-word when he was saying it on youtube.

51. Steve trickler says:

Some things captured on film deserve to be remembered.

He survived. ( It could be a she? )

Great Escape

52. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

Will Zac Cockup lose his seat?

He holds it by 0.8% – the second most marginal seat in the State.

53. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

I usually end up watching a show about British country real estate on the secondary Seven Network channel

So do I, Tom, when Hairy wants to watch Foxtel sports and I see that at least the British countryside is on fta. He so kindly set it up ready for me in my study to get rid of me the other nite, and as I walk in he’s there smirking on his way out to his footie. Have fun with these two, he says, and I must admit I started to back out, for two of the most boring people in the world were staring me in the face as they sought their pre-nursing home pitched stairs and low ceilings. But I held my nerve and sat down with the remote in my hand. In the event, though they were indeed deathly dull and the poor presenter had a very hard job of it, but to each their own I said to myself in the spirit of common humanity and the countryside itself saved the day. Glorious England. How I long for those meadows of cowslips, lupins and bluebells and the grand old oaks while a ruined castle slowly disintegrates in an interesting way in the distance and I imagine some Roman soldiers down there by the stream where the sign says they had made their fort.

54. dover_beach says:

So Swamp Bitch Mitch is voting for Garland.

55. Now working from home for 2 weeks after the crew evacuation from one of the cargo ships.
    Rather miffed in that the blokes long term recovery may have been compromised because they couldn’t organise a 10 minute helicopter recovery as the vessel passed another port with a hospital which could have given him treatment which would have been extremely effective.
    Instead it will be about 24 hrs before he’s getting definitive treatment.

Only fairly young as well.
    In one respect he’s lucky. What he took after it could have killed him with a slightly different condition ( only tell in hospital)
    Still I can scratch “ scramble up the rope ladder onto a cargo ship” off my bucket list.

56. feelthebern says:

Crowder booted off twitter.
    Wonder how long his youtube will be allowed.
    I’m assuming it’s been demonetized already.

57. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

Meanwhile, Hairy’s friends in the UK look at aerial shots of where we live and the harbour and the beaches and the houses with pools and long to be here in Oz.

Rotten weather here in Sydney today though, only just now fining up a bit.

———

We watched that show on Sky last night about anti-vaxxers. It was full of sleigh of hand, lumping together people concerned about any new type of Covid vax with people who pushed the complete anti-vax line that can produce a nightmare of dying babies. There was no middle ground allowed. No mention of new treatments for Covid either.

58. feelthebern says:

AK gets stuck on auto.
    Poop your pants time.

59. struth says:

testing testing

60. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

I loved the Babylon Bee Simplified Anti-Racial Bias Lesson for Use in Staff Training.

One slide.

‘Don’t judge people by the colour of their skin’

Reminds me of Hairy years ago, when I expressed an interest in learning something about Tantric Sex, asking if they had a Fast Track Version.

61. Des Deskperson says:

‘Front page of the West OZ is a Harvey Norman add. Smalls news banner at the top.

The paper is joke and all staff included’.

Same with the Canberra Times. There seems to be a reluctance now for print media to reveal circulation figures, but I would be surprised if it was selling more that 10,000 copies on a weekday. Harvey Norman ads are probably all that keeps it going.

According to Ray Martin – the campaign figurehead – the CT and other vibrant and independent regional outlets are threatened by proposed government media changes. The CT would be no loss. It has a few competent, mostly female, writers but its opinionistas are septuagenerian, bourgeois left males. No longer part of Nine Fairfax, it sill prints a lot of ‘progressive’ SMH/Age op/ed, included, judged by her own CV, one of Australia’s least talented journalists, Jenna Price.

The CT cartoonist, Davis Pope, makes David Rowe look positively even handed, as well as a much more talented comic draughtsman, by comparison. Rowe will at least unflatteringly caricature Labor people from time to time, once depicting Plibbers as someone’s half crazed aunt. Pope draws her like a Scandinavian super model.

62. H B Bear says:

The paper is joke and all staff included.

You get the impression they don’t really care any more. If they ever did. Real end of days stuff. Couldn’t happen to a more deserving bunch. OK, maybe the ALPBC.

63. feelthebern says:

The Clarence Thomas dissenting opinion from yesterday will be seen in a similar vein as Ginburg’s opinion in the Brogan case.
    That case was in the late ’90’s.

64. struth says:

As far as my experience with the Canberra Times and the Convoy, they’d be one of the most lying commo outfits in Australia.

65. feelthebern says:

It took all the FBI actions against Trump associates almost 20 years later for people to say, yep Ginsburg was right.

66. feelthebern says:

How can a doctor not be trained to jab punters?

Doctor who gave vaccine overdose did not have proper training: Hunt
    The doctor who was stood down after he gave a coronavirus vaccine overdose to two Brisbane nursing home patients did not have the proper training, Health Minister Greg Hunt says.

Mr Hunt says the government will now take action against the doctor and the company he was working for, Healthcare Australia, which is helping administer the vaccine at the nursing home.

This comes after the Health Minister told Parliament the doctor’s training was up to scratch.

But an hour later he has had to revise that advice.

“One, I apologise to the house; two, I have again reaffirmed my apologies to the family,” Mr Hunt says.

“Three, I have asked the [Health Department] to take action against the company and the doctor for what is a clear breach on both fronts.“

67. Forester says:

He thought the ‘3’ was a ‘9’

68. jupes says:

I have just returned from a 5 day visit to Sydney so can offer a snapshot of WA and NSW Covid restrictions and reactions to them.

Perth policy – 5 day lockdown followed by compulsory mask wearing for 9 days. However since the 9 days finished, masks are not required anywhere other than the airport. Mandatory sign-in laws to enter businesses. Government permission required (via an app) to enter the state.
    Masks – Just about everyone wore them when told. Probably >98% of the population did so. I was chipped twice by (male) Karens for not wearing mine.
    Sign in (still in effect) – Some people may sign in to businesses, but the vast majority of establishments don’t enforce it. I have never signed in anywhere in WA.
    Airport (federal government imposed mandatory mask wearing) – Most people wore masks however, I was able to get through check-in, security and the Qantas club before I was told to put on a mask at the boarding gate. Hosties didn’t enforce mask wearing once on board. On the return journey however, I was met by a posse of police officers and (I assume) nurses checking that masks were worn correctly and that we had filled out the WA government entry app. I hadn’t because the stupid app didn’t work on my phone, so I was delayed an hour sorting that shit out.

Sydney policy – Despite nil cases, masks were compulsory on public transport. Mandatory sign-in laws to enter businesses. Nil permission required to enter state.
    Masks – Many people didn’t wear the mask on the trains. From about 5-10% in the morning to about 80% around midnight. I never saw a cop on platform so it looks like they applied the correct priority to the stupid mask law. Nil Karens. Even less people wore masks on ferries. I took three taxis sans mask and on two of those trips the taxi driver didn’t wear one either.
    Sign-in laws – strictly enforced in most establishments. The utterly stupid ban on standing while drinking was also strictly enforced during the Cat catch-up.
    Airport – Strictly enforced mask wearing from entry. There was a bloke handing out masks to recalcitrants like myself. Similarly, the Qantas club wouldn’t serve anyone unless they had a mask on. Even the hosties on the flight were enforcing the stupid rule.

Conclusion – WA massively over-reacts but eases up to (almost) normal when there are no more cases. The Sheeple seem to love this and do whatever they are told.
    NSW over-reacts to a lesser degree, however keeps unnecessary rules when there are no more cases. The Sheeple don’t seem to mind this either, though there are far more rebels per head of population than in WA.

69. incoherent rambler says:

How can a doctor not be trained to jab punters?

At med school they told to go and practice on blowup dolls.
    Some misinterpret the instructions.

70. Makka says:

Defence Minister Linda Reynolds admitted to hospital.

Like that other incompetent female minister in Vic- Neville. Suddenly and magically ill when faced with yet another quarantine debacle. Running from the media and public attention. Weak as…

71. Makka says:

How can a doctor not be trained to jab punters?

Can he/she read English? Have we seen a pic of this “doctor”.

72. struth says:

Western Australians are separated and isolated from thew world and the only way they know what is going on is from MSM propaganda. They are basically behind an iron curtain with commo disinformation pushed down their throats daily. So are we all to a degree, but we have had interstate travel on and off here.

73. There is a seperate little vaccination course for corona jabs.

74. Runnybum says:

Naughty naughty Makka, I mentioned something along those lines a few days ago & got savaged by the groovy gang & others.

75. kaysee says:

According to Bari Weiss, she gets calls from a number of people but no one is willing to risk talking about it out loud. But here’s a woman, Jodi Shaw, with the courage to do so.

Whistleblower at Smith College Resigns Over Racism

Jodi Shaw was, until this afternoon, a staffer at Smith College in Northampton, Massachusetts. She made $45,000 a year — less than the yearly tuition at the school.

She is a divorced mother of two children. She is a lifelong liberal and an alumna of the college. And she has had a front-row seat to the illiberal, neo-racist ideology masquerading as progress.

Now today, she is resigning from the college.

In doing that — and in speaking out — she is turning down a settlement that would have given her a much easier way out. We need more people like her.

76. feelthebern says:

Linda Reynolds should resign.
    If she can’t handle this heat, resign.
    Same with the police minister in Victoria.

77. Cassie of Sydney says:

“She is a lifelong liberal”

And therein lies the rub…until Ms Shaw, Ms Weiss and other “progressives” stop being “lifelong liberals”…it will only get worse. These progressives helped light the fire and now they’re being consumed by it. It’s time they owned up to their culpability in helping to facilitate this madness. Oh and I bet both Ms Shaw and Ms Weiss voted for Biden.

78. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

Her GoFundMe is looking rather healthy.

79. jupes says:

Linda Reynolds should resign.
    If she can’t handle this heat, resign.

Yep. If not for her fragilility, then for gross incompetence.

80. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

British Army could lose one third of its main battle tank force to pay for £1.2bn upgrade for the rest of the fleet

The Challenger 2 main battle tank saw service during the first Gulf War
    The weapon system was designed to counter the threat of Cold War tanks
    The MoD cannot afford to upgrade the entire fleet of more than 200 tanks
    One third of force will be scrapped to pay for the upgrade of the other 150

Daily Mail.

81. Steve trickler says:

Sit yourself down.

Enjoy the ride

82. Tom says:

Lizzie, the thing that knocks me out about UK country real estate is the price — e.g., 4BR on 5 acres in Devon with ocean views for under $A1 million (GBP500k) — a half or a quarter of what you’d pay on the Mornington Peninsula, for example.

Same with US real estate: 15 years ago, my stepdaughter and her hubby bought a 2-storey 4BR house on a big block in East Nashville — 5kms from downtown — for USD110k. Sold it about five years later for double that — a fraction of what you’d pay in Australia.

83. Ed Case says:

***I don’t know when Ms Higgins took up with this character but she may not be getting the appropriate help/advice from people who have her best interests at heart.***
    It isn’t in Brittany’s best interests to go to the cops now, that puts a lid on it and if charges are ever laid, names will be suppressed.
    Reynolds handling of the matter has been abysmal, Cash’s even worse, so much for female empathy and caring in politics.

84. kaysee says:

From the Coca Cola website, their brands.

In other words, items to need to cross off from your shopping list.

85. kaysee says:

Small steps.

A conservative saying the same thing will be dismissed as a white racist. When one of their own does it, it will create a dent. Dave Rubin, in a Mark Levin interview, described himself as someone who used to be a Bernie Sanders supporter.

What Jodi Shaw has done requires a great deal of courage. She could have taken the easy way out, but she resigned with a detailed letter (included in the link in previous comment).

This is her GoFundMe page set up for her legal battle and to help others take action and free themselves from “a hostile work environment”. These are potential Dems crossing over to Conservatives.

86. dover_beach says:

Thomas is an outstanding man. An amazing story that deserves a wider audience.

87. Makka says:

How about the abysmally stupid and very lame handling of this matter by Ms Higgins herself? She claims to have been raped. No ifs or buts so why did she just not report it herself to the police directly immediately at the time when evidence may still have been available and then go hard after the perp? Where were her family in all of this and what was their advice at the time? What did her parents advise? With something as serious as this being allegedly done to you, why TF would you listen to a politician’s advice, of all people? Was it because she was counting on some leverage from it all down the line?

88. H B Bear says:

How can a doctor not be trained to jab punters?

That prac clashed with his Uber Eats shift?

89. incoherent rambler says:

Bull sets new Australian record

Says the headline.

Winston. Wot have you been up to?

90. Bruce of Newcastle says:

If the circulation was 1,000 they’d keep it going. The 1,000 would be parliamentarians and bureaucrats, which Nine-Fairfax wants to influence.

91. Terry Pedersen says:

I think I’ll change my name to Simon.

92. kaysee says:

Thomas is an outstanding man. An amazing story that deserves a wider audience.

The conclusion of the dissent will be one of those quotable quotes for the legal profession.

Jack Posobiec

Clarence Thomas with the verbal smackdown

One wonders what this Court waits for. We failed to settle this dispute before the election, and thus provide clear rules. Now we again fail to provide clear rules for future elections. The decision to leave election law hidden beneath a shroud of doubt is baffling. By doing nothing, we invite further confusion and erosion of voter confidence. Our fellow citizens deserve better and expect more of us. I respectfully dissent.

93. Ed Case says:

***How about the abysmally stupid and very lame handling of this matter by Ms Higgins herself? She claims to have been raped.***
    Not the issue.
    The issue is the complete lack of support from Reynolds herself, she handballed Brittany to Cash, and soon after, Brittany’s time in Canberra was at an end, the bloke involved landed on his feet as a lobbyist, Reynolds refuses to say if he was sacked, got a payout, got a reference, slap on the wrist, anything, nobody even knows his name, and probably never will.

94. Makka says:

Not the issue.

It’s the only issue that matters. Has a criminal act in fact occurred? All else is waffle and noise, smoke and mirrors.

95. Struth says:

I’m not following the raaaaapey story.
    Needless to say, those who knew of the crime from the victim to anyone else who did not immediately go to the police, are a disgrace and criminal.
    If you know of a murder and you don’t go to the police, you are a criminal, but knowing of a raaaaape and staying quiet is fine?

96. Ed Case says:

*** No ifs or buts so why did she just not report it herself to the police directly immediately at the time when evidence may still have been available and then go hard after the perp? Where were her family in all of this and what was their advice at the time?***
    Put yourself in her shoes, Makka.
    Would you gallop down to the nearest lockup to make a complaint, then ring mum and dad to give them the good news?

97. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

That’s the whole guts of the matter.

98. Spurgeon Monkfish III says:

Bruce – Des noted in his comment that the appalling rag that is the CT is no longer part of the nein-fauxfacts stable, something I wasn’t aware of.

99. Ed Case says:

***All else is waffle and noise, smoke and mirrors.***
    Reynolds has already changed her story and apologised to the Senate, now she’s having a little rest, incommunicado.
    There’s been a wide ranging coverup, if Brittany’s story is so weak, why so many Cabinet Ministers and their high powered staff involved?
    Yesterday, Craig Kelly resigned for no apparent reason, though it’s got Brittany off the Oz’s front page today.

100. Ed Case says:

Let’s say the cops decline to prosecute, a likely outcome, since only 4 of 75 Rope complaints proceeded to Court in the ACT last year.
    Does that mean Brittany made it all up and the coverup was all for nothing, so Reynolds, Scotty, and some others are off the hook?

101. egg_ says:

So.Leftoid.trolls.can.boldly.pointscore?

102. Struth says:

Craig Kelly resigned for no apparent reason,

Good lord.

103. Speedbox says:

……nobody even knows his name, and probably never will.

No. What I presume you mean is that the wider population don’t know his name. There would be thousands in Canberra and elsewhere who know precisely who he is. The media would know but they cannot name him at this time. The man reportedly checked himself into a Canberra hospital. Minor league sleuthing by any doctor/nurse/orderly would identify the person.

Not to mention the police from the initial report and now, apparently, a refreshed report. What about the man’s previous employer from whom he recently resigned due to his position becoming untenable?

Thousands of people and growing. Furthermore, there is no chance that all of these people have zip-locked their mouths and not repeated the fellow’s name to ‘a mate’.

104. Old School Conservative says:

The main issue is alleged rape.
    That is far more important than political point scoring.

105. Tintarella di Luna says:

Liberty Quote
    A gruber (n.) is someone who grubes (v.i.) – they tell people, who they have lied to, how stupid they were to have believed the lie they were told.

— Steve Kates

Sounds like the Demonrat party – a bunch of grubers

106. Ed Case says:

The issue is the Prime Minister’s handling of the allegations, when he first became aware of it, Reynolds handling of the allegations, all the others who were involved along the way.

107. Struth says:

26 million people under tyranny, the loss of our nation, the death of freedom, suicides and death by disease that could have been prevented, stasi cops and the criminal elite above the rule of law, please excuse me if I don’t give a shit about one little drunk bitch getting a porking she regretted later.
    If it wasn’t a bad enough experience to go to the cops then and there, stiff shit.

108. incoherent rambler says:

wot struth said.

109. Arky says:

I don’t care if Coca Cola starts ritually sacrificing first born children.
    I’ll give up almost anything else to avoid the woke fuckwits.
    I draw the line at living without the occasional ice cold can of Coke.
    We have to find another solution.
    How much to buy the company?

110. Ed Case says:

***Ed, surely She claims to have been raped needs to be elaborated with “when she was called in for a disciplinary hearing”.***
    That’s for sure, but … Linda Reynolds bought her story, Morrison’s CoS bought the story, Brittany did go to the cops, so plenty of very hard nosed people bought the story at face value and managed to keep it very quiet for 2 years, no small feat.

111. JMH says:

Spurgeon – see Antony Catalano, Aust. Community Media (ACM) He was the Domain head-kicker when Fauxfacts had it. Mind you, Catalano thought it was excellent business practice to shut his regionals from about May to July/August or thereabouts, leaving a lot of staff with nowhere to go. All blamed on the Wuflu, of course.

112. min says:

Oh dear ! the boyfriend seems to have myriad of problems starting with mother abandonment . I spent the afternoon helping a friend understand what was happening to her G’daughter , pregnant with her second child, diagnosed with Bipolar before the birth of her first 2and half years ago and walking out of the clinic where she was being treated. She went off medication to become pregnant , against advice , was not really coping after the first and been put into psychiatric hospital where you are not allowed to leave , a while back . She is very unwell and it appears she does not have a stable attachment to her first born . Dysfunctional families what more can I say but very concerning.

113. Ed Case says:

*** please excuse me if I don’t give a shit about one little drunk bitch getting a porking she regretted later.***
    According to 2 other women, the chaps M.O. is to get young women extremely drunk, then commence porking while they are asleep. One had been a virgin at the time.
    We can discount the hand on thigh tale of the third anonymous whistleblower as an intentional distraction squirrel.

114. pete m says:

If she was assaulted it would be great to see criminal consequences.

However her intoxication makes this extremely unlikely.

115. H B Bear says:

Gargooglery you serial idiot, nobody “bought her story”. They accepted it at face value (as you expect people to do) and counselled her about possible actions, none of which she chose to take until (and I am speculating here) someone got in her ear.

116. calli says:

Unless these women were drugged, no one “got them drunk” except themselves.

117. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

Unless these women were drugged, no one “got them drunk” except themselves.

Aren’t young ladies these days warned that “getting drunk makes you vulnerable?”

118. Bruce of Newcastle says:

Apology for the CanT mistake.
    I see Ncl Herald is a stablemate.
    Maybe it’s more digestible now, I should have a look.

119. H B Bear says:

Gargooglery why don’t you put on your QC hat and give us a quick rundown on the admissibility and probity of similar fact evidence for the benefit of others.

120. Dot says:

Surely SodaStream is not cucked?!

Royal Crown Cola?

121. JMH says:

Apology for the CanT mistake.
    I see Ncl Herald is a stablemate.
    Maybe it’s more digestible now, I should have a look.

Bruce, you may be disappointed.

122. notafan says:

How can you ‘handle ‘ allegations in circumstances when the complainant discontinued a police complaint and the accused has been dismissed?

There is nothing here but a political beat up.

123. Ed Case says:

***Ms Higgins has no recollection of security letting her in. She will likely remember little else.***
    She remembered waking up with another person’s dick in her and trying to get him off her.
    There’s CCTV of the Security guards finding her in the office asleep on the floor and naked from the waist down.
    At some stage Reynolds became aware of this [The Security Breach] and called Higgins and Mystery Man into her office [separately].
    The Australian today try to spin the Security Breach as the reason for the meeting, but how credible is this?
    Isn’t it more likely that Reynolds intended to sack Brittany and end the matter there, Brittany Karened Up, so the Cabinet went to Plan B, the cover up?

124. Ed Case says:

*** give us a quick rundown on the admissibility and probity of similar fact evidence for the benefit of others.***

Is Linda Reynolds a Lawyer?
    Quite likely.
    She believed Brittany.
    The Guys from Scotty’s office?
    Dunno, but it’s likely. They all took her at her word.
    Had they seen the CCTV?

125. Delta A says:

no one “got them drunk” except themselves.

Good heavens, calli!

Surely you’re not suggesting that young women take responsibility for themselves?

Of to the re-education camp with you!

126. jupes says:

We have to find another solution.

Replace the coke with an ice cold bitter beer.

127. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

Is Linda Reynolds a Lawyer?
    Quite likely.

There’s nothing about any legal background in her biography – she graduated from University with a Bachelor of Commerce.

128. Ed Case says:

Brittany isn’t an “allegation”.
    The Cabinet Ministers involved treated her callously.
    Once she “decided” not to pursue the complaint with the cops, how long did she last in Michaela Cash’s Office?
    A few days before they froze her out?
    Why didn’t Reynolds keep her on?

129. Incoherent Rambler:

Winston. Wot have you been up to?

Damn.
    I was promised the negatives had been burnt.
    I was young and naive. I needed the money. I didn’t need that much, but what the hell?

130. Leigh Lowe says:

feelthebern says:

February 24, 2021 at 3:53 pm

How can a doctor not be trained to jab punters?

Doctor who gave vaccine overdose did not have proper training

This is the utter bullshit and typical of dumbed down OHS management.
    I used to see this all the time when some fuckwit would make a suicide attempt at work (otherwise known as an OHS incident with extra added stupidity).
    There is certain core domain knowledge expected of every professional person in their field which they shouldn’t need to be re-trained in every morning and again after lunch.
    For a doctor or nurse, drawing a prescribed amount of liquid from a vial, clearing the fluid of air, and pumping it into a patient should be core business.

131. Tintarella di Luna says:

Thanks Kaysee I heard about this lady this morning when listening to Larry Elder’s podcast. Good for here, she is very articulate and courageous and I am glad her GoFundMe page has raised quite a good deal of money. She’ll need it.

132. JC says:

It seems Reynolds has a pre-existing cardio condition.

Why do we have a Defense minister with a heart condition?

133. Indolent says:

Singing and dancing is back in NSW, with up to 30 people allowed on the dance floor at weddings.

What about masks on public transport? I haven’t been on a bus or train since that came in. Is it still mandatory?

And the bigger question – why can’t they simply let people make up their own minds?

134. feelthebern says:

Thomas is an outstanding man. An amazing story that deserves a wider audience.

Demonstrated moral courage at every stage of his life.
    He would have been excused at every turn to take an easier path.
    But didn’t.

135. Tintarella di Luna says:

no Zulu that would be sexist and patronising

136. min says:

Unfortunately it seems that personal responsibility does not come into it under law . He should not have taken advantage of her because she was drunk , even though it was choice to do so and made unwise decision to go off with perpetrator.

137. egg_ says:

Unless these women were drugged, no one “got them drunk” except themselves.

Late night beer goggles regrets?
    The chicks’ equivalent of gnawing your arm off?

138. jupes says:

So simple a junkie can do it.

139. jupes says:

Why do we have a Defense minister with a heart condition?

Because she has a vagina.

140. jupes says:

Mandatory yes, but no one gives a fuck. Jump on without one. You won’t be alone.

141. kaysee says:

Unless these women were drugged, no one “got them drunk” except themselves.

Take the case of Brittany Higggins.

a/ She was 24 and according to her this was her “dream job”.
    Which means you want to make sure that you are on your best behaviour in all situations that may, in anyway, be connected to work.

b/ She organised the event and invited some people to the party. Including this male staffer whom she didn’t know that well. So, she was the “hostess” and the attendees were her guests.
    Which means she should have stayed sober enough (one or two social drinks) to ensure that her guests were all enjoying themselves and there were no problems.

c/ Instead, she gets herself so drunk, she is falling all over the place. By her own admission. How much alcohol it is a good idea to consume with your colleagues around you, at a function you have organised? Having realised how drunk she was, she decided to go home and planned to take an uber. So why didn’t she?
    Which means there had been no prior planning of how she would get home. Why trust someone you don’t know that well, but still invited to the party?

d/ She didn’t report to the r-pe to the police because she was worried that she would lose her job. Someone else is responsible for a 24-year old getting drunk at a social function, and then proceeding to a high security work environment (which happened to be the site of her dream job) with someone she didn’t know and trust well enough.
    She didn’t take the necessary action, even though she was being supported by her employer, because she didn’t want to lose her job. Return to point a/.

142. calli says:

I understand that, min. The guy who did it is a creep and opportunist.

A gentleman would have escorted her home and that would be that.

The moral of the tale is don’t get sh*tfaced when some random is buying. He’s not wanting to recite sonnets to woo you.

143. min says:

Meghan and Harry again how long will it last she has a history of broken relationships? .
    Did she live with her father when parents divorced and is she a product of mummy leaving too. ?

144. calli says:

Good grief, kaysee. I didn’t realise she was the hostess. I thought is was some dumb tryst at the local pub.

That just makes it worse.

145. calli says:

Free plonk.

If they were buying they’d all be sober as judges.

Cheapskates.

146. notafan says:

Oh grigs

She complained about being in a meeting in ‘the room’.

Maybe moving her to a different office was done in kindness.

147. Terry Pedersen says:

What’s the line from the song? “Did you have to let it linger?”

Without consent it’s assault. On the inside of the thigh, there’s not much doubt what it is.

148. notafan says:

Dover

Absolutely agree about Clarence Thomas.

There is one African American biography that should be on everyone’s reading list.

His grandfather was a Catholic convert, what an enormous difference that made to their lives.

149. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

Take the case of Brittany Higggins.

Good summary of the whole situation.

150. Struth says:

And of course young, drunk women hate sex.

151. kaysee says:

As Xiden tries to get his Equality Act through Congress …..

Gay Campground Faces Backlash for Banning Transgender Men: ‘Only Guys’

Transgender activists are slamming a campground for gay men because it is excluding women who say they are transgender men.

Owners of Camp Boomerang RV Park and Campground, a new, private gay campground in Orleans, Michigan, made it clear that the campground is for men only, effectively banning transgender men — biological females who consider themselves males.

“Camp Boomerang is a private, membership-only rv park/campground that allows only ‘guys,’” Camp Boomerang cofounder Bryan Quinn wrote, defining “guy” as “a person with a penis” who “presents himself as male and has a state-issued ID that says ‘male.’”

152. Shy Ted says:

Why do we have a Defense minister with a heart condition?
    I don’t think anyone is going to say Linda Reynolds has acute angina.

153. The Beer whisperer says:

Struth, she did exactly what we accuse politicians of doing in this instance – considering the political ramifications before acting, even when she was the alleged victim.

154. Dot says:

A gentleman would have escorted her home and that would be that.

I think we’ve all been there before.

They think you’re homosexual then tell every other woman the both of you know.

Sometimes they want to be ruthlessly smashed.

I SIMPed, she wanted bedroom fun and no more.

There is no reward for being nice, other than not getting Schrodinger’s Pussy. That shit might blow up in five years time.

155. The Beer whisperer says:

Ted, you know where the corner is.

156. Dot says:

I should have ghosted her in a cloud of Kush.

157. Snoopy says:

A gentleman would have escorted her home and that would be that.

A gentleman is expected to support his weight on his elbows. That is all.

158. kaysee says:

calli, in one of the interviews there was some question about whether this guy was her date for the event and she said no. She said she had invited him even though she didn’t know him very well and it appeared that she was connected to the organising of the event. That would make her the sole “hostess” or a part of the group that set up the party.

159. Snoopy says:

Snap, Dot.

160. Leigh Lowe says:

calli says:

February 24, 2021 at 7:17 pm

I understand that, min. The guy who did it is a creep and opportunist.

A gentleman would have escorted her home and that would be that.

True.
    Naivety is not a crime.
    Nor is getting uncontrollably drunk a crime.
    But rogering an unconscious female certainly is a crime.

161. Dot says:

Ree Rowe

A friend of my new dated a emo chick I turned down for a one night only deal.

She was out of her mind.

Biting lips…not for this pilgrim.

Anyway, she asks him to choke her to the point where she goes unconscious.

He stopped.

She wakes up and is angry he wasn’t “drilling” her.

Now if that isn’t Schrodinger’s Pussy, I am
    Albert Watson Newton.

I am half jokingly near wanting a society where all encounters are taped…as to defend blokes later on.

162. Struth says:

But rogering an unconscious female certainly is a crime.

What about if she faints when she’s that excited and about to , ….you know what?…..asking for a friend.

163. Dot says:

Gather round bruddas, tell your Red Pill camp fire stories.

This is the way!

Where’s Tails and Territorian Knuckles?

Do dey know da wae?

164. egg_ says:

A gentleman would have escorted her home and that would be that.

I think we’ve all been there before.

They think you’re homosexual then tell every other woman the both of you know.

The blog fuglies are probably clueless as to a horny woman scorned.

165. kaysee says:

This is the interview.
    It’s in the first few minutes.

166. calli says:

I admit. I am old fashioned and inexperienced in the ways of modern courting.

No one holds hands these days I suppose? No quick, embarrassed peck on the cheek?

Okay. 😀

167. Ed Case says:

Did Linda Reynolds have any idea of what had gone down before she called Brittany and the alleged Rapper into her office?
    If no, then she was the only person in Parliament House who hadn’t, by the sounds..
    Did Reynolds get a run down from the Security Guards who found Brittany in an awful state?
    If yes, then why didn’t she summon the cops straight up without further ado?
    Where’s the Security Guards report?
    Where’s the CCTV?
    We already know one of the guards has resigned over the Cabinet inaction.

168. H B Bear says:

Gargs so many questions.

169. notafan says:

There are still people around who have self control Calli.

Perhaps not employed as political cadres in Canberra though.

170. Arky says:

So old fashioned.
    This has been replaced by a finger up the bum.
    Or the whole chicken wing, depending on the level of consent.

171. Arky says:

I asked this last night before the vid I embedded caused the entire blog to collapse so still haven’t received an answer:
    Who is this Brittany Big’uns everyone is going on about?

172. Arky says:

A friend of my new dated a emo chick I turned down for a one night only deal.

Get a new friend.
    Or at least don’t share a Coca Cola with that one.

173. Tintarella di Luna says:

kaysee says:
    February 24, 2021 at 8:22 pm

gee there are some brave people around – thank heavens for the US first amendment

174. Dot says:

Is it Muellerween yet?

175. old bloke says:

It was run by one of the Fairfax clan during the 1970s, the General Manager’s position was reserved for one of Warwick’s cousins. It was a reasonably popular rag at the time, probably due to the popularity of their cartoonist, Larry Pickering.

176. kaysee says:

Tinta, I wasn’t sure if that was a real sky message or someone has created a video.

But there are many brave, ordinary folk around. People are angry about what is happening and in some cases, with those who voted Xiden, there will be buyer’s remorse once they realise what is happening to their country.

177. Dot says:

24, 2021 at 8:11 pm
    No one holds hands these days I suppose?

Only very young couples when they start sexual relations. It’s a mate guarding and social proof thing.

I know a young professional couple who bojnk like crazy and live at each other’s houses. For at least 10 months this has been going on.

I keep on saying “indicia of cohabitation!” to old mate, but he is clueless.

Said couple refuses to say they’re a couple, particularly on social media.

Call me old fashioned. This is part of the shit vortex.

178. Arky says:

This is part of the shit vortex.

They are cocooned in the very eye of the shit vortex.

179. Tintarella di Luna says:

kaysee says:
    February 24, 2021 at 8:30 pm

Even if it’s not a real plane the fact that someone created the video is enough for me – what we are seeing is Obama’s third term.

180. JC says:

Said couple refuses to say they’re a couple, particularly on social media.

That’s good if it’s coming from him. I refused to commit for years 🙂

181. mh says:

Following the recent Marilyn Manson assault allegations, someone came up with a name for an Australian sex assault victim. Brittany Higgins.

Should have been Brittany Bundy.

182. JC says:

No kidding, how many superdooper boats does Roman need. Okay, I get you can use/ need two, but that’s about it.

183. kaysee says:

The Wokeley Oscars🤠

One

Two

Three

184. kaysee says:

🐹

One

Two

Three

185. Arky says:

Took a drive out to Ballan today to pick up some Model A parts.
    Jeez, the Western part of Victoria is a dismal place.
    Dude tells me the property market has gone nuts with people wanting to escape the city.
    Could be a whole bunch of them will be buying back into the city once they realise what a desolate shitscape they bought into.

186. calli says:

The Hemsworths – doing their bit for climate change.

187. kaysee says:

With the new version of the Cat, old hammy 🐹 appears to have been transformed too.

188. kaysee says:

The Hemsworths

But those bushfires, they took lives …..

189. Struth says:

So old fashioned.
    This has been replaced by a finger up the bum.

You owe me a new keyboard.

190. Struth says:

So now the dumb bums at Sky help spread the message that the vaccine Australia is getting is only 60% or so effective. So that’s the line we are going to get, it doesn’t really work….Something that is only 60% effective is not a vaccine, but of course it will delay herd immunity being achieved, so that should keep us all locked down and socially distanced for the next year or two. Then there will be the horror strains of super dooooper, extremely, lightning fast, hyper infectious variations from some white man’s country that can be used to name the variant.
    You’re not going anywhere Lizzie.

191. Zyconoclast says:

Test

192. Dot says:

Seriously retards
    It might be time to look at Torian Resources (TNR) – the old Cluff Resources NL (CFR)!
    Look at the charts, I’ve done zero fundamental analysis.
    Mt Stirling Gold Project – Drilling and Results update
    Torian Resources Limited (Torian or the Company) is pleased to announce that assay results
    received from the Mt Stirling Gold Project continue to confirm strike extension of the Mt Stirling
    Gold System to the north-west, with the system now confirmed over ~680m strike.
    Section 1920N (Figure 1) assays have returned significant gold mineralisation of:
     3m @ 0.41 g/t Au from 81m (MSRC087)
     9m @ 3.75 g/t Au from 88m
    o inc 6m @ 5.07 g/t Au from 90m
    o and 1m @ 12.36 g/t Au from 93m
     1m @ 0.86 g/t Au from 109m
     4m @ 5.99 g/t Au from 133m (MSRC088)
    o inc 2m @ 10.58 g/t Au from 134m
     1m @ 0.99 g/t Au from 143m

193. C.L. says:

On this day in 1601 St Anne Line was hanged for harbouring a Catholic priest.
    An exceedingly brave lady, she was not intimidated by the ‘court’ that sentenced her. Defiant to the last.

194. Davey Boy says:

Coming up on ABC TV, shown nationally, in a few minutes, a drama called Why Are You Like This.

The précis for this, as shown on the TV guide:

“Drama. (AD). After another bad date with a white guy, Mia decolonises her p*ssy. Penny tries to become best friends with Mia’s other friends, and Austin starts to spiral”

So very ABC, edging inexorably towards normalising anti-white extremism. The sooner the joint is burnt down* the better.

(*you know, like they say on Q&A, a metaphor, like)

195. Arky says:

Insecticide or antibiotics?

196. Dot says:

The Institute for Research on Male Supremacism (IRMS) provides research on male supremacist ideology and misogynist violence

But there are no feminists in a housefire.

197. Dot says:

Mia decolonises her p*ssy.

Getting rid of a fistula on your own at home is quite a feat, even for a capable surgeon.

198. notafan says:

Thanks CL.

A fine Saint.

199. Dot says:

Excellent primer an policy brief on misogynist Incels and links between misogyny and extremist violence from

Geez*

These guys are down on their luck. Let’s marginalise them more? What could possibly go wrong.

If only you could enslave them and force them to marry and copulate with feminists?

*A man with $200 in his back pocket is not an “incel”.

200. Leigh Lowe says:

Promo on SBS:-

“Do you want to be part of a ground-breaking SBS documentary exploring pathways for people being released from prison?”

Well, no, I’m not in the slammer.
    But then there’s this:-

“If you have a spare bedroom and would like to participate … “

Ooooh!
    I do hope they have thought this one through.

201. Arky says:

Got my first follower on Gab.

202. Dot says:

Ricky Slater just wanted to front run the ground breaking SBS documentary exploring pathways. He thought it was a certain type of fetish movie, however.

He also just wanted to start families with complete strangers.

203. Dot says:

DTM’s exploration/mining tenement list is very long.

Impressive even.

I have paper hands. I sold out at many times lower the current price.

204. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

Bronte Vanderfield told police how she was roped by a friend at home

Ex-Redlands School student Bronte Vanderfield is one of 1400 girls — many from private schools — who have signed a petition saying they were roped or sexually assaulted.
    @DanielleGuss
    4 min read
    February 24, 2021 – 9:38PM

Two years of intense counselling and living with the shame of being roped by a friend culminated last week with Bronte Vanderfield walking into Dee Why police station to report the harrowing events of January 1, 2019.

Bronte, 16 at the time, had been predictably anxious when she invited 30 friends to her idyllic northern Sydney home for a New Year’s party while the parents were on holiday interstate.

By her own admission she was as “drunk as a skunk” having sank copious amounts of spirits to calm the nerves and, by the time the house filled with fellow Redlands private school students, including the friend, she was relaxed in her own environment socialising by the pool.

Some time around 11.30pm the friend led her by the hand up the stairs, to her bedroom, and flung her onto the bed muttering, “Let’s do this.”

“I don’t want to, I don’t feel well,” Bronte recalls protesting, tears falling from her eyes.

“I was vomiting on myself, I was that drunk. I was afraid, paralysed, I had a lot of trust in him, he was my friend, I was too shocked to do anything,” she said.

“He didn’t listen … he told me ‘you’re so fat, I like it.’”

Last Monday, the childcare worker told police the boy’s name but did not press charges.

The police officer explained the daunting process of going to court would take several years. “I told her everything, how I didn’t consent and was so drunk I didn’t remember much, except that when he finished inside me he just walked down the stairs and left the house.”

Bronte, now 19, is part of an explosion of rope and sex assaults claims among NSW teenagers — statistics show an annual 10 per cent rise in juvenile offenders of sexual assault since 2010 with 374 incidents reported last year.

205. JC says:

It’s very hard to accept they cheated enough to have Trump removed from the big house and they’ve dropped in a demented corrupt old sack of useless shit in there.

206. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

Bronte Vanderfield told police how she was roped by a friend at home

Daily Tele……there’s a common thread to all the incidents cited….

207. Dot says:

My ultimate paper hands move was bailing out of CSS.

Fark. Me.

Those profits plowed into CAD could have bought me a position in respectable society.

208. calli says:

Seriously? Just what were these “parents” thinking?

I assume they feel no shame about their neglect.

209. mh says:

notafan says:
    February 24, 2021 at 9:33 pm
    the vaccine currently being rolled out in Australia is pzifer 95% efficacy

Another one!

210. Arky says:

Assuming the boy was under age he should receive a hundred boots up the arse, and her parents should be charged with culpable stupidity.

211. Dot says:

Oh no, that could blow up in her face.

212. Arky says:

he should receive a hundred boots up the arse,

We need to re-institute the stocks, and locals should be able to file past and deliver one boot each.
    Youngsters should be able to nominate this route rather than the courts.
    Sort out a whole lot of shit. Nip it in the bud. cruel to be kind. and two other random cliches.

213. feelthebern says:

the vaccine currently being rolled out in Australia is pzifer 95% efficacy

Bwhahaha.
    Seriously, someone just have the Pfizer jab & let me know if you grow a second cock.

214. Leigh Lowe says:

OK.
    What does “efficacy” mean for a vaccine?
    Prevention of transmission?
    Some transmission with vastly reduced symptoms?
    A bit of both?

215. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

Min, the sad case you recount has similarities to the mother of my first grandchild, a boy who is now a strapping seventeen year old lad. Tell your friend to hang in there with both understanding and support. I have had a lot to do with my grandson’s upbringing and he is doing well. It’s sad when these mothers decide to go ahead and have another baby while they are not coping with the first. Thankfully my grandson’s mother agreed to long-term contraceptive injections or there would doubtless have been another child involved in this mess. Support all round is what is required. This woman was once coming down from Queensland to kill me with a male friend with a knife; both had escaped from a locked ward in Qld after having run me a merry dance through the appalling family court of WA. I stuck by her re her illness and forgave a lot. She now rings me frequently for emotional support, which I offer; she visits at our home too. Her son is thriving living with friends now, having lived with my son his dad (who has problems too) and we all jostle along as a family now. A good outcome can still be achieved for your friend’s daughter.

———-

Tom, I too am amazed at how cheap a ten acre country property can be in the UK, with distances from major centres being what we in Oz would consider a local doddle. I get tempted indeed. Let’s buy something in the UK, I say, muzzling into Hairy. I am not returning to live in that class ridden hellhole, he answers. One of his upper-crust mates at Cambridge asked in an email recently if he was still ‘a communist’. Hairy was mightily offended. I had a heart in my youth but have brains in my older age, he responds. I believe the Peoples’ Rowing Club at Cambridge which he founded has now been defunct for many years; since he left actually. His brother was a Blue and oars decorate the family homes. lol, I say. You are still a social socialist re the Hooray Henrys, I say. You know they would welcome you as a rebel back into the fold. But our lives are mapped out now here in Australia with our grandchildren. 🙂

216. C.L. says:

Is it just my laptop or have fonts been embiggened somehow??

217. mh says:

The second cock doesn’t appear for three years.

And by then it’s too late.

218. Dot says:

The smallest font, embiggens your Pfeizer tertiary cock.

I have had my jab and I can ‘t get enough. I will definitely be going back for more.

219. Leigh Lowe says:

OK.
    So I’ve already got two.
    What else should I look for?

220. C.L. says:

JC, there was an interesting feature on JFK Jr on SBS the other night; it followed a feature on Jackie O. Did you ever run into him in New York?

Pretty sad viewing, really. Such a doofus way to die. Wasn’t rated to fly instruments-only but thought, ‘I’m a Kennedy – what could go wrong?’

Interesting insights on Jackie too. After Bobby was shot, she was apparently close-to-certifiable and was immensely impressed by Onassis’s 70-man security detail.

221. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

A bit of both?

Yes. Pfizer is most effective at both apparently. I get that in March, so the timeline (lol) says. As a young chappie, Hairy gets the Astra Zenica, which he likes more anyway, at 66% effectiveness and about which Miranda Divine is now complaining re the Aust Govt’s choices.

We have pretty much decided to book to go up the Amazon on a small cruise liner in March 2022 and take the rap if it gets cancelled because we can’t get out of Oz.

Currently, they are in the epicentre of the Brazilian strain in Mancoun, the major centre there. Oh great, I say, when I hear this, looking at pictures of a third world mass grave full of crosses. We may have to top up our inoculations by then anyway.

A year is a long time, Hairy says comfortingly.
    It’s you I’m worried about, not me, I say.

We had been hopeful of going in a ‘bubble’ to the Cook Islands soon for an already-paid week away, cancelled last year, but given the way lockdowns are still being called that seems unlikely for a while, at least till vaccination takes hold.

222. Snoopy says:

OK.
    So I’ve already got two.
    What else should I look for?

Your photo uploaded to 4chan.

223. Leigh Lowe says:

“Pfizer” is ancient Bavarian for “human sacrifice”.

224. Pedro the Loafer says:

Geez,Dot.
    It’s not up to me to tell you what to do with your money, but your gold explorer stocks are *ahem* highly speculative.

Good luck, though. There is still plenty of Au out there.

225. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

OK.

I missed out in nature’s lottery on one of those.
    It would be an interesting experience and I am always open to those.
    Hairy may not appreciate it though. 🙂

226. A peck on the cheek nowadays is only for chook rooters.

Also why do I want to watch Mia deli using her house at?

227. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

Doubts over Linda Reynolds’ return as Defence Minister
    Rosie Lewis
    Reporter
    @rosieslewis
    Ben Packham
    Foreign Affairs and Defence Correspondent
    @bennpackham
    An hour ago February 24, 2021

Government MPs and industry figures are questioning the future of Linda Reynolds as Defence Minister after she was admitted to hospital following increased pressure over her handling of the ­alleged rope of former staffer Brittany Higgins in her office.

Scott Morrison is standing by his embattled minister, who went to hospital on Wednesday as a “precautionary measure” after the stress of the past week exacerbated an existing medical condition relating to her heart. She remained in hospital overnight.

While government sources stressed the Prime Minister was not considering a reshuffle and expected Senator Reynolds would be back at work soon, some Coalition MPs said her position was becoming increasingly ­untenable given the importance and sensitivity of the defence portfolio.

There were no suggestions she should be pushed out but — frustrated and surprised by how she had dealt with the rope allegations in 2019 and the fallout over the past 10 days — they questioned how Senator Reynolds could return to the role as normal.

Dozens of defence industry executives had flown to Canberra for a National Press Club address Senator Reynolds was due to give on Wednesday, but which was cancelled just after 9am following her admission to hospital.

228. Leigh Lowe says:

I don’t mind if the vaccine causes me to grow additional appendages.
    I just want to know if they will grow in awkward places, like the side of your neck or the back of your hand.
    I mean, it would be really embarassing if you got a stiffy with one of those at an inappropriate time (like, say, at your grandmother’s funeral).

229. Dave in Marybrook says:

The anti-boozing campaign from the early 90s- respect yourself. video montage of young boozers falling over pissed in a bar- but most memorably, and controversial at the time, a girl slinking away with her head in her hands after a regrettable sexual encounter.
    Now? “Gendered” violence outreach phonecservice is “1 800 RESPECT”, and it’s basically an anonymous dob-in hotline that’s given the nod at any news report.
    We’re infantilising our kids.

230. Mark A says:

Now would be the best time to study medicine.
    Only one illness.

231. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

That happened to neighbours over the road from us years ago too. Their place was wrecked, although their daughter was ok, merely contrite.

No big Samoan Security, No Party, was our rule from then on.
    And it had always been No Parents, No Party, because we were the meanest parents in the whole wide universe at the time.

232. LL

Not being judgey or anything but why would barring up at grannies cremation be appropriate unless you are a retired Belsen camp guard?

233. Pedro the Loafer says:

I am somewhat confused.

Why is the Minister for Defence in any way concerned about an alleged rope that allegedly happened over two years ago and allegedly happened in a Parliament House office allegedly?

What the hell does this have to do with the defence of Australia and the ADF?

Mind boggling.

234. Leigh Lowe says:

Mole.
    I was just thinking of the random inappropriate erection which announces itself for no reason and with no purpose.
    Admittedly, I haven’t had one yet this century …

235. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

We’re infantilising our kids.

Yes. That 90’s ad did a great job of reinforcing parental lectures.

They should run it again, and again. Own your own drunkenness.
    This is how you appear to the outside world when drunk. Good stuff.

236. Pedro the Loafer says:

Last time I looked there were heaps of police officers in Canberra.

There might even be a detective or two.

Apparently not.

237. min says:

I doubt it Lizzie as my friend is not allowed access to her great g’daughter as there are issues from g’daughter s life with mother and step father . Friend brought up her G’ daughter and she had psychological problems as a teenager probably BPD from the description o f her behaviour . I actually picked up that she was in a manic stage
    before she was hospitalised the first time and the official diagnosis was not made for weeks . Personally I do not think her medication is right at the moment and she is not capable of concentrating on the therapeutic process . It is all very sad and believe it or not , similar problems with another friend , both professional women who have had bad marriages . Genetics not the nurture maybe an answer.

238. Still 80 years to go LL.
    Keep your pecker up.

239. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

I mean, it would be really embarassing if you got a stiffy

Men’s talk. Thankfully, women’s secret business is secret.

240. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

my friend is not allowed access to her great g’daughter

This blocking out of a lineal families who may be able to help has to stop.

And yes, genetic elements may be involved; they are definitely involved with my sons from my first marriage, according to a prison psychologist who came to see at home my re my second son’s parole, for we had invited him back home. Do you have other children? she asked. Three I said. Do any of them have similar problems? she ventured. His brother, I replied. With the same father? she asked, knowing I had remarried. Yes, I said. No problems with the other two, fathered by Hairy.

I see it so much, she said. Genetics, and then implosions due to parental separation.

He left me, I wanted to wail, so it’s not my fault. But I stayed stum.
    He wasn’t stable the way Hairy is stable, but you don’t see that in your youth.

241. Is it just my laptop or have fonts been embiggened somehow??

It is not just you.
    The comments font has enlarged by about 2 x presses of [crtl +]

Being as the majority of Cats are of an age where they’d be using coke-bottle reading glasses, it’s probably been enlarged on purpose by the blog host, as some sort of public service.

242. Dave in Marybrook says:

Ive been scrapping together on a tablet for a few days- cursed kids’ toy. More font points the better, I say.
    A bit of generous leading would help, too.

243. LL
    Just to clarify I don’t mean your chicken.

The love that dare not cluck its name.