Open Forum: February 20, 2021

3,432 Responses to Open Forum: February 20, 2021

1. incoherent rambler says:

Would the second one be the same size as post-augmentation?

I think I could find a use for it.

2. mh says:

There’s a new Defence Minister?
    What happened to the fat red haired chick?
    Jeez, if it wasn’t for rapes I’d know nothing about Australian politics.

3. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

That happened to neighbours over the road from us years ago too. Their place was wrecked, although their daughter was ok, merely contrite.

Happened to neighbors, down the road from me in Perth, years ago. Parents came home, from a “weekend retreat” to find their teenage children had hosted a party, and the guests had enjoyed themselves by throwing all the garden plants, in tubs, into the swimming pool.

4. Steve trickler says:

New moves from the Blues. 17:22 of planes buzzing around.

Brilliant camera work.

2021 Blue Angels SUPER HORNETS (February 18th)

5. incoherent rambler says:

If it was another 2, I would useful at cricket.

6. mh says:

Seriously, someone just have the Pfizer jab & let me know if you grow a second cock.

If it happens to Albo he’ll be straight down True Thai massage – “Better make it a double!”

7. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

That ‘Bronte’ was roped at a party gone too wild is terrible. However, these hundreds of charges of ‘sexual assault’ rather than actual penetrative and resisted rape are rather suss. Young people left alone to drink and explore each other will do so with their hands. Indeed, in the 1950’s, when women didn’t drink much, we still all went out ‘petting’ in cars, which often included every sort of sexual activity up to actual penetration. There was actually in those days a male ‘scale’ of achievement – upstairs, downstairs, in bra, in panties, etc. In some ways, with girl protecting their ‘virginity’ (lol) as the final non-assailable place, young people did learn a lot about foreplay, which could only be a good thing. There was also a term for doing it for too long over time in a relationship: prick teasing.

This too has gone on over the ages. Ann Bolyn kept Henry 8 on a string for years with this sort of caper.

8. Indolent says:

It’s very hard to accept they cheated enough to have Trump removed from the big house and they’ve dropped in a demented corrupt old sack of useless shit in there.

Yes, and its also hard to accept that, apparently, there is no avenue for redress, not because it is not covered by their Constitution but rather because the Constitution itself is no longer being observed. I cannot think of any past example of politics in western so-called democracies being so skewed.

9. MatrixTransform says:

yeah, nah?

10. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

Didn’t Good King Henry get Ann’s older sister, Mary, in the family way?

11. Knuckle Dragger says:

Wow.

12. Tel says:

OK.
    What does “efficacy” mean for a vaccine?

If you follow the link already provided, then follow the link after that and rummage around for a document that starts “This information will assist immunisation providers to gain consent for COVID-19 vaccination …” you will find that the meaning of “efficacy” is that it prevents you getting sick with visible symptoms.

Back in the days of yore (i.e. two years ago) there was this medical concept that a sick person was someone who showed symptoms and said, “Erk I feel sick” while a healthy person did not show any symptoms and said, “Mate I feel fine!”

I know we have come a long way since those unenlightened times, but the trials are still based on the outdated idea of medical staff using their own eyes and looking at the people to see if they get sick. With luck we can come up with something better next time around.

Prevention of transmission?

They openly admit they have no idea, and all of the unscientific unproven measures (like “social distancing”) already in place, will remain in place.

13. Knuckle Dragger says:

Chick asked me to choke her out once, and then punch her immediately before ahem.

Noooo sirreeee. Listened to the air raid siren going off behind the eye sockets and ushered her out the door while she berated me.

Turned out (after a bit of time and a few enquiries) she was angling for an excuse to ditch the boyfriend I was assured was non-existent.

Be careful out there fellas.

14. Dot says:

How the hell does that work, ya crazy broad!?

15. Knuckle Dragger says:

‘There are no feminists in a housefire.’

Words to live by.

16. Dot says:

Sir, this isn’t Penthouse Forum, this is a Wendys.

17. Dot says:

I’m like Melisandre. I will bring together fire and ice.

There are no feminists in a housefire.

There were no feminists on the Titanic.

18. Knuckle Dragger says:

‘crazy broad’

So it turned out her plan was to show BF the bruising on her neck and under the armpit (where she wanted to be belted), then identify me as the feeelthy wopist, then have the BF come round and punch on with me while she watched – to feel better about herself watching blokes fight ‘over her’ – and then tell him it was over, regardless of who won.

Then she could move back in with Mum a town or two away for free because sympathy.

Evidently her bestie didn’t approve of the plan either. She could have let me know before rather than after.

Sometimes a fire mission, however good an idea it initially seems just ain’t worth it.

19. Dave in Marybrook says:

Infantilisation is a bete noir for moi at the moment, and I can see the willing embrace of it in everyone, from the masked proles to the parents at our primary school, who once again have happily handballed their kids off to a joint which concurrently runs all three of emotional intelligence, mindfulness and wellness programs, teaches phonemics and investigation, uses the word “learning” as a noun, is running hot on facebook and instagram, and is bombing off bottom end of literacy and numeracy.
    1 – 800 – R-E-S-P-E-C-T is another case. Remember that the “gendered violence” hotline (ie, female and minor victims of men- the men’s help line is quite a different service) was re-badged following Mal Turdball’s word-salad epiphany which stated that “not all disrespect towards women begets violence, but hear my words ye mortals, but I say to you this: All Violence Towards Women Starts With Disrespect!”
    And Lo, so the cry was takenup across the land, that any slight that a woman could feel of disrespect from a man was a sign of the lurking serpent of violence, the original sin of man!
    And so after western civilisation turned itself inside-out to grant women the absolute freedom and agency that it was believed men enjoyed, and more importantly stressing the concurrent extra responsibility which such freedom entailed and the self-respect that must go with it to avoid debauchery and degradation, we’e back to social mores which are described as “Victorian”- men are bounders, women are damsels. Free-range damsels without guardians, in danger as much from being attacked by their own drinks as by bluebeard.
    And instead of stressing to young girls that western civilisation is yet still devoted to their welfare, and policing and justice stands ready to protect and avenge their assailants, we teach them that the patriarchy stands against them, and their aegis is social media, workplace disciplinary investigations, and

20. Knuckle Dragger says:

Life advice.

Get on, and stay on the good side of the bestie.

They will tell you everything.

And can be a handy backup on occasion.

21. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

There were no feminists on the Titanic.

Well said. I don’t ever recall reading any accounts of that sinking where the ladies stood back on the boat deck and said “No, not I – I’ll wait to go with the men in the lifeboats…”

22. mh says:

The Age

CFMMEU split deepens in turf war over union members

23. Dr Faustus says:

And, given the vaccine appears to mitigate symptoms rather than prevent infection/transmission, you would have to expect the Rona will continue in circulation – and periodic panic border closures and lockdowns will continue.

Until we can’t afford it any more.

24. Colonel Crispin Berka says:

‘Cause you’re hot then you’re cold
    You’re yes then you’re no
    You’re in then you’re out
    You’re up then you’re down

Young’s wrong when it’s right
    It’s black when it’s white
    Green flights, we break up.
    Quarantine is made up.

Young don’t really wanna help New Zealand.
    Young don’t really wanna help her Queensland.

25. They don’t give up – Their ABCTV 24 channel just reported on “… when Trump supporters stormed the Capitol on January 6th…”

26. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

You’re not going anywhere Lizzie.

Struth, my resistance is to keep on booking and giving the word that I am keen to get going. We should not just sit back and accept it when they say we can’t leave, we should show that we have intentions not to stay home. Small steps, but that’s my way.

I think lots of other Australians are making similar bookings right now too. The tourist industry will be encouraged to shriek blue murder when ScoMo stops us from going yet again. With each stop, the shouts will get louder till it is an oceanic roar.

In the meantime, I suggest everyone sits back to enjoy ‘The Dig’ on Netflix, for it is a charming story, well told, with a seventh century archaeological theme, so obviously in my field of interest. My review of it is published in the March edition of Quadrant, for those who subscribe. Areff might be kind enough to put it up on open view in Quadrant Online once subscribers get the first look.

27. Mark A says:

An Irishman and an American were sitting in the bar at Dublin airport.
    “I’ve come to meet my brother,” said the Irishman. “He’s due to fly in from America in an hour’s time.
    It’s his first trip home in forty years”.

“Will you be able to recognize him?” asked the American.
    “I’m sure I won’t,” said the Irishman. “After all, he’s been away for a long time”.

“I wonder if he’ll recognise you?” said the American.
    “Of course he will,” said the Irishman. “Sure, an’ I haven’t been away at all!”

28. bespoke says:

Watched it the other night Lizzie . It is set in the 19th century not seventh..

29. bespoke says:

20th not 19th

30. Mark A says:

bespoke says:
    February 25, 2021 at 1:59 am

20th not 19th

It relates to the find, which is from that time.

31. bespoke says:

Thanks Mark

32. mh says:

Steve trickler says:
    February 25, 2021 at 2:24 am

Just watched the first three minutes and Kaitlyn appears to fall flat on her face.

33. Tintarella di Luna says:

Cory making waves in the US media.

BOOM! Sky News Pundit Drops a MOAB on Joe Biden NOBODY Was Expecting

Yes steve trickler I can’t stand Craven Cory so never watch him but I did hear this on the Larry Elder podcast a couple of days ago on the way to work – credit where it’s due

34. Crossie says:

Thanks for the cartoons Tom, Payne and Gorrell tickled my funny bone today.

35. Crossie says:

It’s good to see Cory Bernardi making waves in the US. If only he put as much effort into the last federal election campaign he could have made waves here as well.

36. Ed Case says:

Rowe is the only cartoonist who goes anywhere near the Reynolds story.
    Not bad, Reynolds is the Tasmanian Tiger hightailing it out the door, presumably never to be seen or heard from again.
    Craig Kelly gets the blame?

37. Herodotus says:

ABC is trying to ping Peter Dutton again, this time some made up thing about when he knew about da rampant rape culture at the heart of this right wing death beast Liberal government. Such preoccupation means he’s seen as at least as big a threat to their chosen lefties as was Abbott.
    BBC asserts that “the USA is back, baby, back” and its reputation on the international scene is being repaired after the degradation of the awful Trump years. Yeah, right.

38. Ed Case says:

Novel way to sort problems, Reynolds can’t answer questions so she has to resign, business as usual tomorrow?
    Once the Liberal Party adopted the 75% Rule to challenge a sitting P.M., Scotty didn’t have the Sword of Damocles hanging over him.
    Now they’re reaping the benefits.

39. Ed Case says:

Liberal Party Rapper Culture Wailing and BreastBeating only deflects from the issue at hand:
    why has the Cabinet gone to great lengths to protect a [now former] male staffer they say is a nobody with no ability?
    Neither the MSM or the Opposition are going anywhere near that one.

40. Bruce of Newcastle says:

Weird how they never talk about the Abraham Accords, which are the biggest set of peace treaties since Nixon went to China.

41. Dot says:

Oh dear god, she thinks she’s clever.

Yellen (former head of the U.S. Federal Reserve) dropped a bombshell on U.S. investors when she said she will consider proposals to tax “unrealized gains” in the stock market.

42. notafan says:

What does it matter if the vaccine doesn’t prevent spread of the virus, if people are vaccinated and don’t get very sick we can go back to normal, because we don’t shut down the world for mild illnesses (of course we shouldn’t have shut down for this either).

Vaccine refusers have made their choice, with exactly the same rights and information as vaccine accepters so will be delighted when borders fully open, etc.

43. Crossie says:

Craig Kelly gets the blame?

That’s how Scotty from marketing does it.

44. Knuckle Dragger says:

Watching Lambie now on Skah.

Pretty sure Jackie’s a dude.

45. Crossie says:

notafan says:
    February 25, 2021 at 7:31 am

It does matter, very much. If the vaccine is ineffective the manufacturers, the health officials and the media will not admit it but will insist it’s a new, immensely deadly strain and we must all be locked down again.

46. Crossie says:

Knuckle Dragger says:
    February 25, 2021 at 7:54 am
    Watching Lambie now on Skah.

Pretty sure Jackie’s a dude.

She would make a more convincing man than Cate McGregor a woman.

47. Dot says:

Aboortion rights for men…

Think about it, this is Patriarchal genius.

48. Dot says:

So has Lambie got a huge package…

….

….

….

…of legislative reforms?

49. stackja says:

The Cat recently has had a “Bristow Great Tea Trolley Disaster”.

50. Struth says:

G’day Sinclair.
    Could I ask if it’s not too much trouble, to make the font a bit smaller.
    There are many here I scroll by, so a smaller font makes that easier, as there are more I can see on the screen at one time. I tried making the font smaller on my own computer settings, but oddly it works on all pages except here.

51. custard says:

Did anyone see the State of the Union address yesterday?

No, neither did I.

Did anyone else notice there was not a marine outside the Oval Office the other day when grandpa earpiece was having the daily briefing?

52. Bruce of Newcastle says:

Trump

He never went away.

Chastity @GuinnChastity
    If you go to the CNN app right now the first 6 top news stories w/ headlines & photos are all about Donald Trump-& many more if you scroll down the top stories. Biden-or Kamala for that matter-are NOT mentioned in ONE headline out of 55 in the top stories on CNN right now.
    2:58 PM · Feb 23, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

The US is run by invisible people.

53. stackja says:

Struth says:
    February 25, 2021 at 8:10 am

I use a PC and use a mouse scroll wheel and control key to change font size.

54. feelthebern says:

Neera Tanden might not make it.
    At first I thought it was a bit of a fuck you to the Clintons.
    Make it uncomfortable, but then the vote gets up.
    Now it looks like it really might get blocked.
    Little inconsequential wins against the swamp are still wins.

55. bespoke says:

Given the target demographic I’m surprised the font isn’t lot bigger. 😎

56. Knuckle Dragger says:

‘Given the target demographic I’m surprised the font isn’t lot bigger.’

I’m surprised there aren’t Auslan interpreters on screen, a la Danxi’s daily pressers and any time someone’s hedge burns down.

57. notafan says:

If the vaccine is ineffective…

Aside from the fact that millions of people have now been vaccinated, and the trials said no, the point i was making is that governments and *scientists* still claim restrictions ie lockdowns are necessary.

58. Dot says:

G’day Sinclair.
    Could I ask if it’s not too much trouble, to make the font a bit smaller.

I want it bigger, all caps, bold and italics.

59. Struth says:

Thanks Stackja
    That’s worked a treat, I didn’t know that.

60. Struth says:

Before next election, Trump will be in jail, or dead.

61. 132andBush says:

Interesting phone call with my fert man just now.
    Shortage of boats for transporting fertilizer down to Oz.

The US is importing a lot more than usual, apparently.

62. shatterzzz says:

Taken awhile but back in .. worked out I have to go to Archives search .. Open Forum .. February.. and select newest (Feb 20) and …………. I’ze ‘ere!

63. custard says:

Before next election, Trump Biden will be in jail, or dead.

FIFY

64. Carpe Jugulum says:

Before next election, Trump Biden will be in jail, or dead.

FIFY

Before the next election, Biden will be in a nursing home wallowing in a pool of his own filth.

FIFY

65. calli says:

I thinks the SOTU address will be happening soon, Custard. PBS media is on standby for the broadcast.

66. custard says:

I use an IPad and safari.

There is an ABC logo to the left of the word “Open” at the top of the page. Open forum.

Am I being trolled or is it Doomlord?

67. calli says:

Sheesh. I says, now I thinks. This new format is causing typos.

68. custard says:

It’s day 48 of the occupation of Washington DC.

69. Struth says:

Me thinks you mays be on to somethings there.

70. Spurgeon Monkfish III says:

custard – I can’t see it on safari on my i-phone.

Methinks the ALPBC is acknowledging your oft professed love of their mighty meeja products (i.e. lashings of fake news and other obnoxious collectivist idiocy).

71. Tel says:

Tom, I hope you are paying the ScoMo link tax for all those topical cartoon urls?!?

72. Struth says:

Boris Johnson using the lingo of his globalist bosses.

Great to speak to
    @NOIweala
    and congratulate her on her appointment. The
    @WTO
    has a vital role to play in championing free and fair trade as the world builds back better and greener from COVID-19.

73. calli says:

USA Today has done the obligatory Fact Check on the SOTU date.

Imagine if this was a year ago. They’d be buzzing like a hive of hornets.

74. Mother Lode says:

There are some sick puppies out there.

Looks like a joke.

Possibility there is some gender politics uber-zealot who means it seriously, but they would then be the joke.

75. Spurgeon Monkfish III says:

Perfesser – could we please have a long overdue cull of a certain indefatigable indivegetable’s sock puppets, thanks?

76. Mother Lode says:

The US is importing a lot more (fertiliser) than usual, apparently.

Heaps coming out of Washington.

77. Bruce of Newcastle says:

Before next election, Trump will be in jail, or dead.

That’s why I said he should move to Israel.

Trump may soon have to answer rape allegations under oath (JPost, 24 Feb)

Show me the man and I’ll show you his crime, said nice Mr Beria.

78. Struth says:

Other social media people claiming people like me aren’t being responsible for others by wanting our freedom.

I wrote.

To those who think I am being selfish because I am pushing against this global communist Coup d’etat, by not caring for others regards this covid nonsense, nothing could be further from the truth. I am a history buff and I understand what communism has done in the past. Every single time it grabs power, whatever it’s tyranny calls itself, and for whatever fear mongering excuse they use to grab power, millions die, as they did in Russia, China under Pol Pot, etc. If you care about your fellow man, then you must fight this, or there will be real death, in millions, not just by changing the cause of death from old age to “with covid” (which has not increased overall deaths world wide). If you want real death and disease, submit to this tyranny, but don’t you dare lecture me on my responsibility to my fellow man…what a cop out.

79. Mother Lode says:

Wasn’t there a press release from the White House stating that the SOTU would be on the 23rd?

I seem to remember there being some troll here referring to it when trying to convince us that Biden did have his wits about him – as if announcing the SOTU was equivalent of having successfully done it.

In many ways there is no point. It will be fluff-covered propaganda from end to end – at least the words he can get out.

I wonder if they will invent a reason for Kamala to do it when they eventually do.

Or Dr Jill (for a doctor she is) who can read the script to the camera while Joe nods like one of those toys you would put on parcel shelf behind the back seat of the car and which head used to bob slowly in response to the car’s movement.

80. Geriatric Mayfly says:

Rowe is the only cartoonist who goes anywhere near the Reynolds story.

And the only cartoonist debased enough to run human faeces as a theme two days in succession. Time he was put back on the potty to start again from scratch.

81. Mother Lode says:

Rowe is the only cartoonist who goes anywhere near the Reynolds story.

His only interest has been to use it to attach imagined blame to ScoMo. He has not made any point about Reynolds at all. He can’t. Because it isn’t about ScoMo.

How stupid do you have to believe to think Rowe is being courageous. He is just merely repeating what the MSM has already been doing – also without merit. With the example set by the MSM he believes he is safe.

82. Anne says:

BidenClone fails to deliver the SOTU.

Trump to address the Nation on Monday.

83. min says:

I don’t find Rowe funny, tropical or hit the aha button . That is point out an underlying truth that people can miss in the usual droll of media reporting . Leake hits it today

84. Tailgunner says:

Grrrrrr!!!
    $GME up over 100% today!

85. bespoke says:

Struth

You still being on fakebook as a necessary compromise to get your opinion out is just the same as others making compromises to keep there job so they can influence from within. Or continue to have access to there grand kids or continue to use Netflix and watch sport as a distraction.

86. Tailgunner says:

No way Bidan can deliver the SOTU.
    Still feel something is definitely up.
    Military still in control of DC…

87. Top Ender says:

A federal investigation into the financial management of Stradbroke Island‘s Aboriginal corporation will investigate claims a staffer continued to be paid while serving jail time.

Independent auditors were appointed on Tuesday to examine the financial performance of North Stradbroke Island’s Quandamooka Yoolooburrabee Aboriginal Corporation.

The financial performance of QYAC, which manages 54,000 hectares of land, has been questioned since 2019 when an annual audit raised concerns about its future solvency.

Courier-Mail

88. Leigh Lowe says:

General Westmoreland arrested!
    It’s happening!

89. Speedbox says:

Two separate but related bits of news today:

Qantas has announced that Qantas and Jetstar international flights would make a comeback from October 31, instead of July, as it previously forecast. Most of Qantas’ international routes would resume on that date, including flights to London, Singapore and Los Angeles.
    ———
    International Air Transport Association (IATA) has detailed plans for a universal COVID-19 travel pass, allowing overseas travelers to clearly display test results and confirm they’ve received a vaccine at airports.

The pass will reportedly be stored on an app to make traveling in the post-pandemic world as smooth as possible, providing “accurate information, secure identification and verified data” for airlines and border officials.

90. Anne says:

For anyone who might be Qurious. 😉

https://youtu.be/xgv0jpVyJKw (90 seconds)

91. Struth says:

Bring it on Qantas, shamefully, but typically, the first airline to enthusiastically help bring in a digital social credit tyranny.

Here’s what I think is going to happen.
    Looking on other social media, I would not be surprised if at least half the nation is against getting the vaccine.
    More as a percentage than here due to demographics and therefore blind trust in government.
    Then, and only then, will they start to get real shitty.
    The question is, will it be too late?

Sorry, what compromise am I making being on facebook?

92. bespoke says:

Sorry, what compromise am I making being on facebook?

You are using there product. Granted it’s for something they don’t like but it still contributes to the near monopoly.

An understandable compromise.

93. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

I use a PC and use a mouse scroll wheel and control key to change font size.

I use a new PC and alternate between the scroll wheel and keys for up an down.

Folkloric computer instructions:
    I can easily change the font size by using the pad under the space bar, swishing it out or in using index finger of both hands in unison. If it goes off centre you can adjust that with the forward and back keys down on the bottom line of the keypad. If you lose the side bar on the far right hand side (which drove me crazy for a while) the answer is simple: you can fix that by pressing the ‘maximise’ bar again which seems to reset the page to size.

Anything else, call for Hairy to fix it. 🙂

94. Old School Conservative says:

Dot says:
    February 24, 2021 at 9:34 pm
    The Institute for Research on Male Supremacism (IRMS) provides research on male supremacist ideology and misogynist violence

But there are no feminists in a housefire.

Reminds me of Beccy Cole’s “Do we still get to use the lifeboats first?”

95. Struth says:

If the enemy hand you a microphone……..for free……………..

96. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

Maximise is the little square in the very top right hand corner, next to the x which closes the window. The flat line next to the maximise box will keep your current page open and available again if you press the browser or word doc sign on the very bottom line of the computer. Hover over the icon there and a descriptor about it will come up.

They do not write computer instructions like this. They say things like go to sinc in settings and open forward distal enter psx then orz ph under the browsewatch icon, then open treezinc and save to download vert. Hairy!!!!!!!

97. areff says:

How stupid do you have to believe to think Rowe is being courageous.

It’s a common conceit with a certain strain of Australian ‘political cartoonist’. One example: After the the Charlie Hebdo massacre, the limpet-brained Cathy Wilcox (attach yourself to one theme early in life and adhere to it thereafter) wrote of how she would never be cowed and and would always stand defiantly for truth etc etc etc.

Stand for truth about I-slam-ic separtism, its propensity to address matters theologic with guns, bombs, speeding trucks and other people’s blood?

Nah, none of that. Rather, after noting the Hebdo butchers were “hyper-sensitive gunmen, representing a small group of witless people looking for reasons to be offended”, she then cites the Catholic Church as the genuinely worthy target:

The Pope (or various popes) have come under the satirical purview of many French cartoonists over the years, and while secularism is an institution in France, so is Catholicism, so that’s one topic that’s just asking for trouble.

Yeah, Cathy, you wanking coward. A creed that throws up yet more murderous extremists every few days is just “a small group” but demonic Catholicism is the real problem. Does she really think Archbishop AK-47 is going to pay her a visit while head-lopping altar boys wield the cutlery? She continues,

But again, cartoonists like Plantu from Le Monde and those of Charlie Hebdo have questioned the power and corruption of the institution, because it’s their job to expose hypocrisy, and the powerless need a voice.

These cartoons may “cross the line”, they might cause people to be offended, but if they are founded in truth, then what? Should the truth go unheard? And is the institution too weak to withstand a dig from a satirist’s pen? Weak indeed.

98. Shy Ted says:

Well, I’ve just got out of the Tardis (bit of time travel) to see what does happen to recipients of Covax. Chap in the future went to the Doc with a small lump on his forehead. Doc examines, “ah, yes, side effect of Covax, it’s a small pea nis. It grows about an inch a month and then stops. Nothing can be done, I’m afraid, no surgery, nothing.”
    Horrified chap says, “so after 6 months every time I look in the mirror I’ll see a 6″er?”
    “No” says Doc, “you won’t see anything, the bawls will be hanging over your eyes”.
    True time travel story.

99. Mother Lode says:

Thanks for that, Areff.

I was really hoping there would be comments to see if anyone would point out the obvious. But, no.

Any discordant voice would have required her to either let divergent thought stand or, had she responded, to stick by her guns.

Which makes a nice contrast to what she was saying about herself in the article.

100. Mother Lode says:

Sounds like a storm coming in from the Sydney’s west.

101. Bruce of Newcastle says:

The Left are unfunny. Lefty cartoonists are awful, and “comedians” are just annoying activists.

‘Saturday Night Live’ Goes 4 Weeks Without Depicting Biden or Harris in a Sketch (21 Feb)

It has now been a full month since Joe Biden became president, yet late-night sketch comedy show Saturday Night Live has still not aired a single skit about him or his administration.

SNL, known for decades as a show that skewers America’s highest elected officials, noticeably ignored Biden’s inauguration in the episode written and performed the same week. In the three weeks since that puzzling omission, “Joe Biden” has not appeared as a character on the show — only receiving a few mentions on its “Weekend Update” news segment.

Give it away guys, like Mad Jim Carrey and Borat, who this week announced they are (to great relief of people forced to watch their galloping TDS).

102. Diogenes says:

Folkloric computer instructions:

Even easier hold down control key & press the ‘+’ key to embiggen & ctrl- to make smaller, ctrl+0 (thats ‘zero’ not ‘oh’) to get back to original size.

Also works in every windows browser , and also works in all versions of MSOffice, all Adobe products except Adobe video presenter express – grrrr, and programming editors like VSCode & Brackets. It may or may not work in a lot of other windows software.

103. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

just saw Steve Trickler’s link re Corie Bernadi. At last I feel I am getting something for my financial and other support for Bernadi during the Australian Conservatives period.

Well done, Corie, pointing out in measured and very acceptable terms with no hysteria exactly how Joe Biden is continuing to flail and fail and exactly how the US media ignored and cover up for this during the recent US election. I hope this excellent two minute account goes viral with the Sky News link clearly on it. Australian Sky News is generally much better than in the UK.

104. Mother Lode says:

I can say with a certain satisfaction that I never liked either Jim Carrey or Sasha Baron Cohen.

It is satisfying that I didn’t have to feel sad that good people were so inept.

105. Spurgeon Monkfish III says:

Load – Ali G was one of the most spot on (and unrepentantly politically incorrect) pisstakes in human history.

106. Old School Conservative says:

Bruce of Newcastle says:
    February 25, 2021 at 10:47 am

Absolutely.
    Lefty “comedians” also make much ado about their same-sex status and use the f word constantly.
    Doesn’t leave much time for funny stuff.

107. Snoopy says:

dover_beach says:
    February 25, 2021 at 10:53 am
    Great news on the election integrity front:
    Georgia Senate Passes ABSENTEE VOTER ID! Democrats Predictably Enraged.

So typical of governments the world over. Making legislation to solve problems which don’t exist.

108. Spurgeon Monkfish III says:

The Italian stallion.

What the would be lothario around town gets up to when he takes a break from killing grannies and demonising Jooze.

109. shatterzzz says:

Another one I didn’t know .. works on BRAVE .. 10/10

110. 1735099 says:

Everybody knows* –
    1. They were actually Romney supporters on a false flag operation.
    2. Martians in (very clever) disguise.
    3. Lizard people.

*Pick one…

111. Old School Conservative says:

Today a woman who worked under Governor Andrew Cuomo accused the New York Governor of inappropriate sexual advances that lasted for years.
    Shirley that should read “worked for”?

112. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

Love that Becky Cole vid up there. I’d never heard of her.
    I have now. What a talent at telling a joke as well as singing her song.
    The song, says one comment ‘should be force fed to all women’.

Agree 100%. We are not men and never will be.

Thunder rolling in now over South Head, not much rain.

113. egg_ says:

*Pick one…

John Sullivan BLM/Antifa and a CNN Reporter casing the joint the day before – all on video.

114. Bruce of Newcastle says:

*Pick one…

4. Antifa/BLM

Two known Antifa members posed as pro-Trump to infiltrate Capitol riot: sources (7 Jan)

At least two known Antifa members were spotted among the throngs of pro-Trump protesters at the Capitol on Wednesday, a law enforcement source told The Post.

The Antifa members disguised themselves with pro-Trump clothing to join in the DC rioting, said the sources, who spotted the infiltrators while monitoring video coverage from the Capitol.

Then a week later as more stuff started to come out:

What’s Up With This ‘Activist John’ Guy At Capitol Riots? We Will Try To Explain. (15 Jan)

Text of the message from James Sullivan’s phone:

“I’m currently working with the FBI to expose and place total blame on John and the 226 members of antifa that instigated the Capitol “riot””

If you believe Antifa is not capable of inciting a riot then you have had your head in the sand Numbers.

115. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

Watched it the other night Lizzie . It is set in the 19th century not seventh..

Bespoke, the ‘archaeological theme’ I mentioned re the movie ‘The Dig’ is that the material being excavated in the period just prior to the Second World War relates to the seventh century. There was no ‘archaeology’ in the seventh century! My review in Quadrant makes the context of ‘The Dig’ perfectly clear, because that is what the story is about rather than the findings themselves, which are never even shown in the movie. They need a lot of special conservators’ attention to be viewable anyway.

The earliest intentional ‘archaeology’ that I am aware of relates to the early twelfth century when the monks at Glastonbury did a dig in an old graveyard and found, eureka, bodies, which they quickly determined to be those of King Arthur and Queen Guinevere. This was a great shot in the arm for their abbey, which was very short of tourists, sorry, pilgrims, at that time. The Plantagenet dynasty also hopped on board, as a grave finding (with a quickly made grave marker written in medieval Latin) was very convenient for them to put paid to rumours that King Arthur had never died and would return. Hence the created Glastonbury myth of association with King Arthur. Nothing else in it until you go to a pre-Christian explanation concerning the sacredness of islands in marshes, as Glastonbury Tor was at that time.

116. egg_ says:

Is NumbNutz distancing the Left from M0ntifa’s “Punch a Nazi in the face” policy?

Did this arise from Hillary’s ‘What Happened?” public meltdown, where the extremely privileged white woman assumed she’d be handed the Presidential baton, regardless of merit?

117. Anne says:

Gunner:

The Fed gone dark!!

The Fed is Dead.

It just won’t lie down.

QFS/NESARA/GESARA is coming! 💃

Unconfirmed report from a young researcher.

https://t.me/trumpintel/2838 (1 minute)

Unconfirmed, but very interdasting. 😜

118. Boambee John says:

Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:
    February 24, 2021 at 11:23 pm
    There were no feminists on the Titanic.

Not quite that, but close, was the couple who owned a big department store in New YOrk. The lady was helped into a boat by an officer. The husband stepped forward, to be told “Women and children only sir”. He apologised and stepped back. The wife asked to be helped out of the boat, telling the officer “If we cannot live together, we shall die together”. They returned to their cabin, and were seen no more.

119. egg_ says:

3. Lizard people.

AKA drugfvcked Leftoids – check out any ABC Q&A audience for evidence of same.

120. Arky says:

Give this a go.
    George Gammon. Explains the wheres and whys of corporate activism very well:

121. notafan says:

Fantastic news about Qantas.

122. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

Important point though Bespoke is did you enjoy the film? 🙂

123. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

Fantastic news about Qantas.

Yay!!!!

124. Arky says:

Jim Carrey or Sasha Baron Cohen…Not because I had somehow divined the personal politics when I first saw them. I just did not like their comedy styles.

Mean spirited, low rent and gross out.
    Intellectually devoid of content.
    The kind of thing I normally like.

125. notafan says:

Cory so far off the radar i was wondering who it was, adding the Bernadi was enlightening.

Twitter urgers suggesting Craig Kelly start a new party.

Good luck with that.

126. Old School Conservative says:

2gb EBITDA for FY21 down 62%, revenue down 24%.
    (h/t Michael Smith)

127. notafan says:

I’m a shareholder so it’s double yay from me.

128. 1735099 says:

You’re very confused.
    Pay attention.

It was Proud Boys who were dressed up as Antifa/Black Lives Matter activists who were in turn dressed up as Trump supporters.
    Devilishly clever…
    They had a trailer full of costumes parked in front of the capitol just for the occasion.

It must be true.
    Rudi Giuliani tweeted it.

129. Old School Conservative says:

Damm.
    I thought the hamsters were running faster due to a smiting.
    Wrong.

130. notafan says:

No such thing as fifth columnists.

Signed.

Complete moron from Toowoomba.

131. Mother Lode says:

Spurgeon,

I found his schtick relied upon other people, out of politeness, not dismissing him and treating him seriously. He used this as he ridiculed them.

Meh, matter of taste.

132. Old School Conservative says:

To take your chance in the thick of a rush, with firing all about,
    Is nothing so bad when you’ve cover to ‘and, an’ leave an’ likin’ to shout;
    But to stand an’ be still to the Birken’ead drill is a damn tough bullet to chew,
    An’ they done it, the Jollies—’Er Majesty’s Jollies—soldier an’ sailor too!
    Their work was done when it ‘adn’t begun; they was younger nor me an’ you;
    Their choice it was plain between drownin’ in ‘eaps an’ bein’ mopped by the screw,
    So they stood an’ was still to the Birken’ead drill, soldier an’ sailor too!

Kipling.

133. Bruce of Newcastle says:

Um, they were identified by “a law enforcement source” Numbers, to a large newspaper. Who would be very cautious in light of the lawfare the Left has a fad for currently.

But I should not be surprised that a lefty like you lives in cloud cuckoo land.

134. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

Isadore Strauss, and his wife, Ida. Also, I can’t remember the name, but one passenger went to his cabin, and changed into evening dress, in order to “die like a gentleman.”

135. bespoke says:

Mark A says:
    February 25, 2021 at 2:06 am
    bespoke says:
    February 25, 2021 at 1:59 am

20th not 19th

It relates to the find, which is from that time.

Having thought I may have been overly pedantic. No I wasn’t.

The “theme” of the movie was about the bloke’s discovering, his struggle to keep his involvement and the belated acknowledging his efforts. All the characters came across as two dimensional and the supporting contemporary themed actors (the girl that dressed like a date on tinder and her gay husband) was predictable considering today’s need for tokenism. If your genuinely interested in seventh century archaeology you’ll be disappointed.

136. feelthebern says:

This is so sweet.

One of the architects of the Clinton Crime Cartel’s actions in Libya getting a public shaming.
    She’s demonstrated that her temperament can not withstand the slightest criticism.
    Now it’s been going on in public for weeks even though they used the cover of the impeachment vote as a distraction.
    She is going to blow up.

137. dover_beach says:

Jake Sherman
    @JakeSherman
    9h
    Should trump speak at cpac?

@GOPLeader
    : yes he should

@Liz_Cheney
    : it’s up to cpac but he should have no role in our party or our country.

McCarthy then said: “on that high note,” we’ll end the press conference.

How is Liz Cheney still on the GOP leadership team let alone the GOP?

138. Boambee John says:

Everybody knows* –
    1. They were actually Romney supporters on a false flag operation.

Only the ostrich could even pretend to believe that Ante-fa supports Romney.

139. Boambee John says:

Bruce of N

There’s a reason I refer to him as the ostrich, though his head seems to be buried in his bum, with all the sh1t, rather than buried in the sand.

140. Delta A says:

notafan says:
    February 25, 2021 at 11:51 am
    this guy

What a wonderful man.

Thanks for posting, nota.

141. Cassie of Sydney says:

I see the racist has reappeared.

142. feelthebern says:

How is Liz Cheney still on the GOP leadership team let alone the GOP?

Should be in jail for benefitting from the proceeds of crime.

143. feelthebern says:

What’s the story behind the tradies getting surrounded at the Perth school?

144. Arky says:

For those who didn’t have the time or desire to watch the george gammon link, here is the article he linked to in arguing that we are entering economic fascism:

Fascists opposed both international socialism and free-market capitalism, arguing that their views represented a third position.[21][22] They claimed to provide a realistic economic alternative that was neither laissez-faire capitalism nor communism.[23] They favored corporatism and class collaboration, believing that the existence of inequality and social hierarchy was beneficial (contrary to the views of socialists),[24][25] while also arguing that the state had a role in mediating relations between classes (contrary to the views of liberal capitalists).[26] An important aspect of fascist economies was economic dirigism,[27] meaning an economy where the government often subsidizes favorable companies and exerts strong directive influence over investment, as opposed to having a merely regulatory role. In general, fascist economies were based on private property and private initiative, but these were contingent upon service to the state.[28]

Fascist governments encouraged the pursuit of private profit and offered many benefits to large businesses, but they demanded in return that all economic activity should serve the national interest.
    -https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economics_of_fascism

145. notafan says:

Progressives are the most racist about Aboriginal people, they seem to think they share a single mind.

146. Arky says:

What we now refer to as “a social licence”.

147. Bruce of Newcastle says:

How is Liz Cheney still on the GOP leadership team let alone the GOP?

Her recently announced primary challenger seems to be a reasonable candidate.

Wyoming Republican Files to Primary Liz Cheney After Impeachment Vote (20 Jan)

The Left are already writing hit pieces about him, so that’s promising. He cleans out septic tanks for a living, which is very pertinent experience. But you can bet leftist dark money will flood into Cheney’s campaign.

148. Pete of Perth says:

Barry Bones is Back

149. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

Barry Bones is Back

Thought the name sounded familiar.

150. Tailgunner says:

Matt Kean busted sexting another NSW Lib chick by his girlfriend.
    Ugly politician game recognized.

151. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

What’s the story behind the tradies getting surrounded at the Perth school?

Shocking footage emerges of students attacking tradies at SMYL Community College in Rockingham
    Bethany Hiatt and Kate RyanThe West Australian
    Wed, 24 February 2021 5:42PM
    Teens filmed bashing tradies in Rockingham.

A group of teens has been filmed assaulting tradies and smashing a car in Rockingham on Tuesday

Shocking images have emerged of a vicious attack on two tradesmen by a bunch of out-of-control students at a Rockingham school.

Police are investigating after around 10 teenagers were filmed mobbing the two men at SMYL Community College in Rockingham on Tuesday.

Graphic footage on social media shows the students ganging up on the two men, who fend them off as teachers try to intervene.

About six teenagers can be seen throwing punches at the men while they are trapped in a corner, amid shouts of “bomb him, bomb that motherf…” and “keep going”.

Another yells “let’s smash his car” as one boy climbs on a ute, stamps on the bonnet and shatters the windscreen with a kick.

The tradesmen were at the school to repair damage that had been done to school property.

It is understood that water was flooding from a fire hydrant, so the tradesmen turned it off, sparking verbal abuse which rapidly escalated into physical aggression.

Police said they were called to the Rockingham college around 1.40pm.

“It is believed a verbal altercation took place between a group of students and a contractor working at the school,” police said.

“Police are also investigating if damage to the contractor’s vehicle is related to this earlier incident.”

152. Struth says:

So the fascist state is corporatism (oligarchs and crony capitalism…corruption) and the control of the means of production, so it’s socialism spelled differently.

153. Top Ender says:

Relief for those of us who thought it was white male privilege:

Asteroid dust found beneath an impact crater confirms a leading theory that it was a space rock that killed the dinosaurs and 75% of life on Earth 66 million years ago.

Researchers from the University of Texas at Austin studied 900 metres of rock core samples from below the seafloor under the Chicxulub crater in the Gulf of Mexico.

They found evidence of asteroid dust within the samples, a discovery the team say is the ‘final proof’ dinosaurs were wiped out by a city sized space rock.

Daily Mail – interesting

154. bespoke says:

Trump brought over significant numbers of black voters, and there’s room to bring over a lot more — so long as the GOP messaging resonates with them, as the message of cruise-ship conservatism never did.– Glenn Reynolds

😎

155. Maj says:

This is what happens when you let folks like Roz Ward educate your kids

Poll: Nearly 16% of Generation Z Identify as LGBT

The overall percentage of Americans who identify as LGBT is on the rise, but the shift seems to be driven by younger generations — particularly Generation Z, which sees one in six identifying as LGBT, a Gallup survey released Wednesday found.

While the vast majority of Americans identify as heterosexual, 86.7 percent, the Gallup survey found that 5.6 percent of U.S. adults identify as LGBT. That is up from 4.5 percent in 2017 and 3.5 percent in 2012. 7.6 percent did not answer the question, compared to the “roughly 5 percent” who expressed no opinion in previous surveys.

Gallup noted that the identity question, which was asked among over 15,000 respondents throughout 2020 “offers a greater level of detail than the question asked in previous years” as respondents can “indicate their precise sexual orientation, rather than simply answering ‘yes’ or ‘no’ to whether they identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender.”

The shift upwards appears to be largely driven by Generation Z, or those born 1997-2002.

According to the survey, 15.9 percent of Generation Z identifies as LGBT, followed by 9.1 percent of millennials (those born 1981-1996), 3.8 percent of Generation X (born 1965-1980), two percent of baby boomers (born 1946-1964), and 1.3 percent of traditionalists (born before 1946). Nearly three-quarters of Generation Zers who consider themselves LGBT identify as bisexual, specifically.

Similarly, the majority, or 54.6 percent, of Americans who consider themselves LGBT identify as bisexual, followed by gay (24.5 percent), lesbian (11.7 percent), transgender (11.3 percent), and other (3.3 percent).

The survey coincides with the House’s forthcoming vote on the Equality Act, which critics warn will strip entities of Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA) protections and negatively impact women, as it opens the door for transgender women, or biological males, to compete in women’s sports.

“The left will lay down the rights and security of millions of Americans — particularly young women — at the altar of gender ideology,” Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-CO) warned in an impassioned speech on Monday, urging her colleagues to strike down the Equality Act.

156. Leigh Lowe says:

What are the odds that Tigger Woods was taking some sort of opioid pain medication, given his history and more recent back surgery?
    He wouldn’t be the first to fall for the trap of increasing his intake when pain kicks in.

157. Eyrie says:

Teens filmed bashing tradies in Rockingham.

In Perth I’ve heard Rockingham referred to as ” ‘nam”.

158. Eyrie says:

Matt Kean busted sexting another NSW Lib chick by his girlfriend.
    Ugly politician game recognized.

Excellent! Hope the scumbag is forced to resign.

159. mh says:

Leigh Lowe says:
    February 25, 2021 at 9:52 am
    General Westmoreland arrested!
    It’s happening!

Watch the water, guys.

🌊 👀

160. dover_beach says:

Kyle Becker
    @kylenabecker
    30m
    Capitol riots/BLM riots media hypocrisy:

74 million Trump voters
    None armed
    250 charged
    No murder cases
    Everyone who died in riot was Trump supporter
    Universally condemned

81 million Biden “voters”
    8,000 protests/riots
    $2 bln in damage
    9 confirmed dead
    Dems *applauded* protests

This.

161. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

From the Oz – I’ve posted the whole article.

Submarine blunder: time to cut our lossesRobert GottliebsenFollow @BGottliebsen

An hour ago February 25, 2021
    No Comments

We finally face up to the submarine disaster

The last week or February 2021 has become landmark for the Australian nation. The federal government has decided to review the disastrous $220 billion plus submarine agreement with the French.

I want to thank all those who have helped me put together a countless series of commentaries on this project, which I understand played a big role in the government’s decision.

It only seems like yesterday but it was actually back on October 1, 2018 when I wrote the lines: “The $220 billion plus French submarine proposal threatens to be the worst financial and defence decision in our history.”

It’s important that all Australians understand how we came to make this blunder and to make sure we never do it again.

But first, a word about Defence Minister Linda Reynolds. Countless past defence ministers have simply adopted the recommendations of defence personnel and then covered up their mistakes. It was like a game of musical chairs which eventually would end. Sadly for Linda Reynolds it ended on her watch.

I am glad Scott Morrison stood behind her over the rope saga but as the last of the “cover up mistakes” defence ministers she is the wrong person to take on the French and end the contract.

From my observation the two toughest ministers in the cabinet are Josh Frydenberg (ask Google and Facebook) and Peter Dutton.

Moving Frydenberg from Treasury is not an option and Peter Dutton’s Home Affairs portfolio is a huge job but there is no more important ministry in the next year than defence.

Let’s look at how the French “conned” us into the submarine contract.

The French tender for the Australian submarine was led by the then minister for defence, socialist Jean-Yves Le Drian.

Le Drian came to Brisbane in November 2014 with President Francois Hollande for the G20 meeting and a head of state visit.

Le Drian’s initial plan was to sell Australia France’s Barracuda nuclear submarine and to offer a link with the French nuclear industry, including fuel rod production, a nuclear energy reactor, and a desalinisation plant in Australia.

He soon discovered that, although the Australian Navy liked it, this plan had no hope of being sold to the Australians.

But out of that idea came a plan to use the much larger nuclear submarine hull with diesel electric rather than nuclear power, and the pump-jet rather than propeller system. It had never been done before and was high risk.

Le Drian concluded that the legendary head of the French naval industrial operation Hervé Guillou was the wrong person on push the deal through the Australian defence decision-making system.

In a brilliant move he appointed Marie Pierre de Bailliencourt as, effectively, Guillou’s second in command. She masterfully sold the project to Australian defence officials, disposing of both the Japanese and German tenders.

The Marie Pierre de Bailliencourt vision was magnificent. Guillou’s Naval Group would deliver to Australia the opportunity for a unique partnership with the French in designing and delivering a regionally superior submarine over which Australia would have the sovereign capacity to operate and sustain over its life.

The French would establish an Australian industrial supply network with the help of the ASC group.

But we were not negotiating Marie Pierre de Bailliencourt’s vision with the person who would have to deliver that vision — Hervé Guillou. Not surprisingly she was dumped soon after the sales job was done.

Again, not surprisingly, the cracks showed up soon after the notice of intention was signed.

And so in April 2016 I alerted Australia to alarming differences between what the French were saying and what then prime minister Malcolm Turnbull was saying. For example the French announced that 4000 people would be required in France—a clear sign that the action would be in France rather than Australia.

There is now not much of the Marie Pierre de Bailliencourt vision still on the table. Yes, the submarines will be assembled in Australia. But the giant collaborative research effort has become a French development where we make suggestions which are added to the cost if implemented. All too often we are presented with French suppliers and told the Australian suppliers are too expensive or don’t exist.

There are a series of content figures put on display for public consumption but they are dominated by the submarine assembly process. The content that counts is the provision of parts for the submarine where we want to develop a huge industrial base. Some of that is happening, but not nearly enough.

The whole contract never really stood up because the Americans do not trust the French and the French are designing a submarine which will take the American combat system. They don’t talk to each other.

It was never going to work and given the fact the first submarines won’t be available until mid-to-late 2030 and most will come after 2040, technology is moving on. Already new battery technologies are being developed.

The French original proposal estimated a cost in 2016 dollars of below $25 billion. (Linda Reynolds doubled that figure and is stopping the written French material being made public for fear of exposing the mess). The French 2016 estimate did not include the combat system or infrastructure.

The current forward estimate of cost is about $90 billion but I am told that it is likely to cost $130 billion and to that you must add the running costs, maintenance and upgrades which will take the cost way beyond the $220 billion figure I used in 2018.

By ending the contract now we minimise the financial damage.

Early this week I set out alternatives. First step is to upgrade the Collins submarines and then we need to buy working submarines which we will assemble in Australia and develop a parts industry around that assembly.

We simply can’t afford to put money and time into pioneering new technology in submarines.

Down the track we need to consider the nuclear option, which is what the French believed best suited Australia. The Navy agreed at that time. But it was not politically possible. That might change.

162. Tailgunner says:

The dead brothers widow, her sister and widows daughter.
    Why was Hunter obsessed with the girls in Beau’s life?

163. dover_beach says:

The F35 admission is massive news.

164. Tailgunner says:

$GME up over 100% on the day.
    Plus another 83% in after hours.
    FFS
    Paper hands for the lose.
    😲😲😕😕

165. Tailgunner says:

How much are we on the hook for these did planes, Dover?
    Where’s that F-35 troll with the $$$ figures SpecialK lost?

166. Steve trickler says:

A few years back on the job, a work colleague had his phone hooked up to a knarly sound system and playing the same songs you’ve heard a million times. FM radio in a nutshell. It was on shuffle….

All the usual banter was in full swing and then this soundtrack dropped. Silence ensues… soundtrack ends, another song you’ve heard a million times comes back on and the mood reverts back again.

Commercial radio sheep mode.

Stunning clip.

The Beauty Of Lawrence Of Arabia

167. Tailgunner says:

And just like that, your fake vaccine is worthless.
    But keep booking overseas holidays,peeps!
    Or refuse&resist the communist takeover.
    Only Patriots and Traitors now.

168. Good one ZK2A:

Submarine blunder: time to cut our lossesRobert GottliebsenFollow @BGottliebsen

About bloody time.
    I want to see a lot of lengthty gaol sentences come out of this investigation.
    Sick of the incompetence, fraud and gold digging going on in defence procurement.

169. notafan says:

So what Gunner?

Virii constantly mutate.

Is it weaker? (probably), is the vaccine still effective against it?

170. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

I’m trying to remember the last defence procurement project that finished on time and within budget – building the F -18’s under license?

171. Tailgunner says:

Better ask your mate, Alan Joyce, nota, he’ll know.

172. Tailgunner says:

the vaccine still effective against it?

Lol!
    I’ll give you one guess!
    🤣🤣🤣
    No travel for you, proles!

173. notafan says:

Why would I ask an airline ceo for medical advice?

174. notafan says:

May as well ask Dr Ruth

175. Tailgunner says:

Always appreciate your optimism
    My father had vaccine 4 weeks ago.He looks 20 years older and his quality of life has diminished sharply.Very large price to pay to provoke a counter movement

Yeah nah nah nah
    Fake vaccines – only for the crazy.
    Let Monty go first. By a long way.

176. Tailgunner says:

Joyce seems to know when international travel will resume?
    Maybe Bill Gates text him the Intel?

177. areff says:

… might be kind enough to put it up on open view in Quadrant Online once subscribers get the first look.

Lizzie, count on it

178. Tailgunner says:

Holey sheeeit – $GME heading back to the moon because the Fed fake money system has broken down?

179. areff says:

The wisdom of youth: When all your mates are dropping tabs and eating those fascinating mushrooms they found under the pine trees at Mt Macedon, make a point to get there an hour late. That way you’ll know if they’re writhing on the floor with bloody livers leaking from the eyeballs.

The vaccines should be treated with the same you-go-first caution.

180. Stimpson J. Cat says:

Oh look, I’m right again!
    😂

Israel adopts law allowing names of unvaccinated to be shared
    Wed, February 24, 2021, 11:32 PM

Israel’s parliament passed a law Wednesday allowing the government to share the identities of people not vaccinated against the coronavirus with other authorities, raising privacy concerns for those opting out of inoculation.
    The measure, which passed with 30 votes for and 13 against, gives local governments, the director general of the education ministry and some in the welfare ministry the right to receive the names, addresses and phone numbers of unvaccinated citizens.
    The objective of the measure — valid for three months or until the Covid-19 pandemic is declared over — is
    “to enable these bodies to encourage people to vaccinate by personally addressing them”,
    a parliament statement said.

Israel, a country of nine million people, has administered the two recommended jabs of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine against the coronavirus to roughly a third of its population.
    As it emerges from lockdown, the country is restricting certain services, including access to gyms and indoor dining, to the vaccinated only, giving a so-called green pass to the fully inoculated.
    That too has raised concerns about unequal access for those exercising their right to not be vaccinated.
    During debate on the measure, Labor party leader Merav Michaeli accused right-wing Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of “denying citizens their right to the privacy of their medical information”.
    The statement from the parliament, or Knesset, said the personal information cannot be used for any purpose other than encouraging people to be vaccinated.
    “The information will be deleted after its use within 60 days,” according to the law, and “a person who was contacted can demand that his details be deleted and that they not be contacted again.”
    Haim Katz of Netanyahu’s Likud party defended the law as a means to promote vaccination.
    “I’ve been asked what about people’s privacy: Is privacy more important than life itself?” Katz said in parliament, stressing the information would include nothing beyond the question of whether or not the person was vaccinated.
    At a news conference, Netanyahu later called on Israeli citizens to be vaccinated in order to “return to normal life”.

The prime minister deplored misleading news about the vaccine, and said Israel aimed to fully inoculate 6.2 million people before the beginning of April.
    “More than a million adults are not yet vaccinated,” he said, adding that “in the world, people are waiting for vaccines, (but) here vaccines are waiting for people”.
    Israel has officially recorded more than 760,000 coronavirus cases and over 5,600 deaths since the start of the pandemic.

181. Tailgunner says:

The swastika flies over Tel Aviv.

182. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

I’m genuinely interested, and I wasn’t disappointed, for I was expecting, and received, a dramatisation not a documentary. The Sutton Hoo Ship Burial was a very significant find: in my review of ‘The Dig’ I outline some features of this treasure trove, summarise its impact on Anglo-Saxon studies, and comment also how even now fascinating new discoveries are being made about the Sutton Hoo Helmet that assist my own researches into the presence of the god Odin in Britain. This film is certainly worth any archaeology student looking at with regard to how serendipitous finds can be made by odd people in awkward times.

Apart from that, it is a lovely film about aspects of timelessness in our study of the past. It has been warmly received by most critics for its gentle and understated approach to telling the dramatised story of some of the real people involved.

183. Runnybum says:

Notaclue, go get the jab & just shut the fuck up you annoying old bag.

184. Stimpson J. Cat says:

“Seriously people – get vaccinated.
    The government has already tagged you through the chemicals they put in the water and spread through chemtrails.”
    -Sinclair Davidson Liberty Quote

“I’ve been asked what about people’s privacy:
    Is privacy more important than life itself?”
    -Haim Katz Likud Liberty Quote

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

185. Tailgunner says:

COVID stands for Certificate Of Vaccination ID.
    Still want to play with the Cabal juice?
    The fake vaccine is the Mark of the Beast.

186. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

The Spectator has featured ‘The Dig’ in a recent review with pic, and this week in the Speccie there is also an Australian review of ‘The Dig’ by Peter Craven. There is also in this week’s Speccie an essay on the rise of interest in Anglo-Saxon studies, pointing in particular to the popularity of Bernard Cornwell’s ‘The Last Kingdom’ books and four TV series, and also featuring a large pic taken from the filmic ‘The Dig’. The Australian has also provided a review, and there are obviously many others in a range of newspapers internationally. It is Netflix’s most popular pic in recent weeks, along of course with their TV series ‘The Queen’s Gambit’, also worth a squizz.

I didn’t know if Quadrant would be interested when I sent my review in, but it seems they too are riding a wave of interest now with my small effort adding to some of it.

The Anglo-Saxon period was formative of the English nation and so much that is new is coming out about it now. Every few days I receive more links from Academia.org, a publishing group to which I belong, to new books and papers about who the Saxons were and when they arrived in numbers in Britain. It’s hard to keep up.

187. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

‘Saxons’ were not just from Saxony. It is a generic term applied to a range of Germanic and Scandinavian settlers from the 5th century onwards.

188. Stimpson J. Cat says:

Read it again closely, Gentlepeople.

The objective of the measure —
    valid

for three months or
    until the Covid-19 pandemic is declared over
    — is

When will it be over, Gentlepeople?

189. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

ps. There is a terrific review by Joe Dolce of ‘The Queen’s Gambit’ in a recent Quadrant.
    Best one I’ve seen, because it looks at the authorial situations and stories, drawn from the novel ‘The Queen’s Gambit’ and real life, on which character of this female chess is champion based.

190. Runnybum says:

Tailgunner, it is not a vaccine it is gene therapy.
    It meets none of the definitions of a vaccine, let the ones who want it have it, but fk off & leave the rest of us alone.

191. Brislurker says:

Can’t see comments

192. incoherent rambler says:

My review of “The Dig”.

It was soaped shit.

193. feelthebern says:

With reference to the Matt Kean post, can someone link to anything regarding it?
    I can’t see anything on the legacy news sites.

194. incoherent rambler says:

Can’t see comments

Check glasses, light switch, monitor power, blindfold etc.
    If the problem persists contact technical support.

195. Tailgunner says:

Bern, I saw an article link on twitter earlier, I’ll see if I can find it.

196. Tailgunner says:

Just google Matt Kean sexting Bern.
    Lazy bastard.
    😃

197. feelthebern says:

Cal recall signatures up to 1,825,000.
    All in person signatures.
    Simply amazing this movement of Californians.

198. feelthebern says:

TG, that’s from 2018.

199. 1735099 says:

I can’t see anything on the legacy news sites.

Better go to Specsavers.
    It’s everywhere.
    Having said that, I wouldn’t describe the Daily Mail as “legacy media”.
    “Gutter press” is more accurate.

200. Tailgunner says:

TG, that’s from 2018.

Yeah, I didn’t say “Breaking News” when I mentioned it!
    Lol
    Sorry, it was on my twitter feed this morning!

201. JMH says:

Just google Matt Kean sexting Bern.
    Lazy bastard.

FFS – the story is from 2018!

202. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

In case anyone is wondering, I only send to Quadrant material in which I have a special interest and about which I hope I can make some useful commentary. Mostly I have submitted pieces now published about fairly tangential things that I have come across to do with art and culture (Elizabeth Durack; Van Gogh’s Ear), language (My Fair Lady), social history (The Husband Hunters; A Gentleman in Moscow), or Dark Age Britain (Lindisfarne; The Last Kingdom; King Arthur; Sutton Hoo).

I may take on a somewhat lighter tone in the midst of Quadrant’s more weighty stuff but I am serious nevertheless, and re King Arthur, I present a new approach to original sources. Also in Quadrant is my First Person account of an adolescent stumbling into unrequited love! That was certainly a personal look back in time. 🙂

203. feelthebern says:

TG, for shame.
    Stale.
    So so stale.
    How can I trust you with my /Wallstreetbets portfolio?

204. Macbeth says:

Hello Lizzie. I looked for your latest piece in Quadrant online, but couldn’t see it.
    New glasses, nut eyes not so good.

205. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

It was soaped shit.

The movie, my review, or both?

I can see why many would think that about the movie. On a surface level it can be seen that way. On another level, it deserves the acclaim it has generally received.

ps. I did conclude my review by saying the film was not five star but worth a watch.
    That piece of my review was edited out. It happens. Editors decide.

206. Tailgunner says:

So so stale.

I know, I know.
    My investment house has gone into forced bankruptcy.
    Forced by the crowd out front with the flaming torches & pitchforks.

207. feelthebern says:

Anne get in here & tell us the real story behind the Fedwire outage overnight.

208. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

Macbeth, it is so good to hear from you.

Areff, editor of Quadrant Online, has said it will go up Online soon.
    Your eyes are fine, so just keep on looking, and try to catch the movie too.

I hope you are well and still getting plenty of visits and help.
    I am hoping to get to see my Aunt again for her 101st birthday, as the centenary is in June and we aren’t going to be let out of Australia by then. But next year, we plan to go up the Amazon, do the Panama canal, and fly from Miami to Louisiana to see my Aunt again. She is chipper still, and it seems you are also.

209. feelthebern says:

Went to lunch today.
    One of my favourite lunch time places in town.
    Would have been three quarters full.

Waitress brings over the Tyro terminal at the end.
    The outage made their life hell for a week.
    It wouldn’t be her call, but she said that when their contract was up they expect to bin the terminal unless Tyro gives enormous incentives.

210. incoherent rambler says:

The movie, my review, or both?

the movie.
    I want the time I wasted watching it returned to me.

I didn’t read you review.

211. Leigh Lowe says:

The vaccines should be treated with the same you-go-first caution.

As they say at the red-hots … “one out, one back”.