The West Australian election result on 13 March 2021 was a big eye-opener so on 17 March 2021 I posted “a possible way forward to douse the covid hysteria“.

From 19 March 2021 I started my experiments in the removal of fear. This involved going to my nearby shopping centre with an A3 sheet (with a different message each time) stuck  with Blu-tack to cardboard. I’d then either walk around and meet people or (in most cases) just stand outside the Coles for an hour or so, waiting for people to talk to me. I’ve also conducted these experiments in a social gathering of Indians, and at the Frankston pier – a total of nine experiments to date.

The content I have used (including the handouts I have given out and my Facebook video reports on the experiments) is available at: https://teamaustralia21.org/first-we-must-rid-australians-of-the-fear-that-has-been-drummed-into-them/

Illustratively, the image of the A3 sheet that I used at the Frankston pier on 3 April 2021, below:

MY FINDINGS

I have found that we are living today in the Orwellian world of 1984 because the people WANT it.

1. Overall, around 80-85% of Australia’s population is in deep fear

We’ve seen how the small political parties were wiped out in the WA elections as part of the people’s deep-seated, reptilian “flight to safety” response. People are so desperate for safety, they’ll vote for anyone who claims to be protecting them.

The level of fear in the general population is easy to judge: After excluding passers by who are busy (their eyes have a focused – or in some cases an absent-minded look), count the number of people with fear and panic in their eyes. Most such people will actually see you and the A3 signboard but then actively stay away – they might even roll their eyes or abuse you verbally.

I estimate that around 80-85% of Australia’s population is currently desperately afraid of covid and crave “safety”. They don’t care the slightest about human rights and such niceties. They want mandatory masks, vaccine passports, border closures. I’ve had people say that vehemently to me, among the (very) few who stopped and discussed.

This hysteria is visceral at the deepest psychological level. It will last with many of these people for their entire life. It may not be stretching things to say that these people have been made mentally sick by the government. They display a psychological response to covid that borders on a severe phobia – which makes them particularly resistant to contrary information. This report from a Melbourne dentist confirms that such people are suffering massively from stress and their teeth (and probably internal organs) are being ravaged.

It is also likely that most of these people have never come across alternative views, i.e. views outside of the MSM or politicians. If some of them have come across such views, these have been drowned in the 24/7 hysteria being drummed up by MSM/politicians. Virtually none of these panic-stricken people would come close to me to listen to even a single word that contradicts their beliefs. In my view, they are sure to destroy any leaflets which provide alternative information in their letter box.

Politicians are keenly aware of the massive political benefits to them of this ongoing hysteria, and couldn’t care a damn what happens to either this country now or to our future generations. They aren’t going to tell the people the truth any time soon.

1. There is some evidence that this hysteria is highest among the young

A recent survey reported on by FEE shows that the level of fear in the USA is highest among the young.

While I’ve not had the opportunity to conduct such a specific survey, this is probably true in Australia as well. It might explain why so many young children are still being masked by their parents even though there is no such requirement. The protective instinct among hysterical young parents is toxic for their children who need the oxygen for brain development.

And our schools are scaring their pupils, as well. I’ve seen many school children masked up outdoors even when the adult accompanying them was not masked.

1. There is hope – I’ve changed the minds of at least 20 people to date

Over the course of these 9 experiments, I estimate that I’ve converted at least 20 people from a strong belief in government propaganda, to the realisation that they have been lied to in the biggest possible way in human history. And in talking to me, at least 50 others have re-confirmed their existing suspicion that they are not being told the truth.

But this group of converts does not include even one of the desperately scared people. They won’t come anywhere close to me!

Nevertheless, I believe that by shifting the conversation even in a small way, we can set off a chain reaction that will ultimately send in rays of light even into the heads of those who’ve been made severely ill by the government.

THE SITUATION IS DIRE

The situation is dire. The demand for Orwellian control is coming not just from politicians but from the people. As mentioned above, they WANT the vaccine passport, they want lockdowns. They don’t realise the massive risk to their very existence that vaccine passports pose – and politicians aren’t going to be telling them about these risks. (I have much to say about vaccine passports, but this video by Naomi Wolf will give a flavour of the issues involved).

Unless we reach out to people outside our echo chamber and show them how badly they are being lied to, our politicians can now easily enslave us and start discriminating between those who take the vaccine and those who don’t. The people of Australia are happy to discriminate. The fascist nightmare of Hitter’s regime is certain repeat itself – right here.

Fear and violence go together. These people who live in fear are quite happy for state violence to be used against “non-complaint” people – whether it be masks, curfews, lockdowns, or vaccine passports. They will fully back the most extreme violence by Australian governments upon those whom they consider to be “threatening their safety”.

We are entering very dangerous times.

A SMALL WINDOW TO REACH OUT TO THE DESPERATELY ILL BEFORE THEY BRUTALISE THE REST OF US

Between now and when vaccine passports are imposed in Australia (probably just a month or so at the most), there is a small window in which the hysteria can be doused.

DOUSING THE FEAR IS NOT AS HARD AS IT LOOKS

We tend to live in our own echo chamber in which we receive validation. For instance, when I go to the freedom rallies or groups (e.g. I spoke at the 20 February 2021 rally and met a group at Jubilee Park in Frankston yesterday), I am cheered. But the test of whether I’m on the right track is when I’m abused on occasion by a passer-by. That’s proof that I’m now accessing a genuine random sample of Australia’s population.

So let’s get outside our comfort zone and try out some of these fear removal experiments. Places to visit might include your local shopping centre, Bourke St in Melbourne CBD, the beach, the pier, or in universities. Try it out! It is not hard. And the A3 sheets cost 16 cents each (black and white) at Officeworks. (Letter box drops won’t help because people will destroy anything that goes against the official narrative.)

In this regard I would suggest we focus on only one fight at this stage – on the government’s claim that this pandemic is of the magnitude of the Spanish flu is the biggest lie in human history. That’s a battle we are guaranteed to win, each and every time (e.g. see charts below that I’ll be using this outside DTF in the coming days – the time of my  visit to DTF is yet to be finalised – if you’d like to accompany me, let me know at [email protected]).

Once this battle is won (which simply can’t be lost) then all other issues fall by the wayside. We should not talk about PCR tests or vaccines, as these are secondary matters compared with the biggest lie – that this is a once-in-100 years pandemic.

In doing so, if we can change the mind of even one person who is currently living in deep fear, we will have done well. The inevitable chain reaction will then make the politicians come to their senses as they see their jobs threatened.

On the other hand, if we sit on our haunches and don’t reach out, we will collectively be in a much worse situation a year from now: Australia would have certainly and inevitably become a full blown communist society.

This is a matter of life and death. I’m not joking – go and talk to the people and you’ll find out what’s going on in the minds of Australians.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

63 Responses to Please start your own fear-removal experiments – a report on what I’ve found to date

1. Damon says:

I went shopping Saturday (after the Brisbane lockdown had ended). Almost everyone I saw was wearing a mask, even outdoors. The level of caution (fear if you will) is astonishing.

2. Mak Siccar says:

Anecdotally, I can verify Sanjeev’s contention that the vast majority of the population is scared to the teeth and that many I talk to actively support concepts such as lockdowns and passports, in spite of the somewhat buried evidence that 99%+ recover for the WuFlu. I despair at being surrounded by sheeple who swallow the exaggerations of the fear-mongering politicians who impose their will using men with guns. I regret that I am not as optimistic as Sanjeev who, I reckon, is doing God’s work. All strength to his arm and his voice.

3. custard says:

Collective governments across this country have put the fear of God into the large majority of people. I see this every day as people use their phones to check into shops etc. when there has not been a single case of the ChinaVirus for months on end.

4. MatrixTransform says:

the other day a bobble-head on talkback radio told me that there had been 20k covid tests in the last 24 hours and they all came back negative.

as far as I can tell, the machine takes about 3 hours to cycle through the test.

20000 x 3 =60000 hours
    60000hr / 24hr = 2500 machines all whizzing away every day.

2500? yeah, nah … total bull dust

5. Shy Ted says:

So what you’re really saying is that all politicians and all Chief Health Officers are committing very serious crimes. And harming the population on purpose.

6. Boambee John says:

The case of Victoria (and to some extent Queensland) is a demonstration of the speed with which a police state can be imposed by making examples of a few people – arresting a pregnant woman in front of her children, ripping a phone out of the hand of an elderly woman in a park, breaking down someone’s front door, ramming a mentally ill man with a police car, as a few examples.

7. PB says:

“…I talk to actively support concepts such as lockdowns and passports,”

Working in Healthcare is worse because everyone has a vested survival interest in perpetuating these things because they fear two things: one is looking like the tin-foil weirdo for bucking the desired orthodoxy, and the other is the very real fear of deregistration and loss of income that would arise from being Karened to the Licensing body for not thinking the correct thoughts.

Working around lots of women is difficult because women simply love the power that they think laws and regulations give them. That’s one reason they don’t need men anymore. Rules give them all the protection and resources they need, and they can always be right.

8. Angus Black says:

I like ask people I meet just how many people personally known to them have died or even been hospitalised as a consequence of COVID.

If you want to see what a rabbit caught in headlights looks like, give it a try yourselves…

I came up with the idea because my own answer is no one – though as a retired research academic I still have a vast and diffuse network of contacts worldwide, family overseas (mainly in the UK) which ranges in age from a couple of new-borns to, at the other extreme, a couple of 90 year olds…

9. sanjeevsabhlok says:

Shy Ted – you’re obviously very shy. But can you show me where’s the Spanish flu!?

The RASCALS AND CRIMINALS in government are destroying Australia. Wiping out everything.

10. Karabar says:

A few decades ago we wondered how an entire nation could succumb to a police state.
    Why didn’t they just rebel? They thought they were free, and then, suddenly, they weren’t.
    Now we know how easily that can happen.

11. Captain Katzenjammer says:

Another factor might be the feeling of importance from being alive in such a historical time. Tales about the virus also resound with ancient voodoo that hides somewhere in our unconscious – the idea that our invisible breath has been turned toxic and is capable of causing death. It’s like having our soul taken over by an evil spirit, potentially turning even me into an unsuspecting boogyman causing havoc among my friends & family.

This age will be known in the future as The Age of Voodoo and Prudery. Belief in mysteries of climate and diseases, and the prudishness of PC that accuses language of causing harm like sticking pins into a doll.

12. Albatross says:

Tonally Sanjeev’s pieces are a poor fit here.

13. Matt says:

Let’s just look at the USA for example.
    Deaths per 100,000
    Spanish Flu (1918)
    1917 – 1425
    1918 – 1809 (a 27% increase from previous year)
    1919 – 1287

Asian Flu (1957)
    1956 – 926
    1957 – 950
    1958 – 942

Hong Kong Flu (1968)
    1967 – 932
    1968 – 962 (3% increase)
    1969 – 948

COVID-19
    2019 – 867
    2020 – 1000 (17%)

See here for yearly all-cause mortality since 1915 for long term trends.

All-cause mortality for USA in 2020 has been well above the usual pattern for the previous 3 years, and that pattern continues in 2021 – see here.

So in answer to your question, a 17% increase in all-cause mortality warrants calling this a 1 in 100 year pandemic – considering the improvements in health care and the measures taken to reduce transmission and mortality.

14. Albatross says:

my 68,000 word complaint

Bit disappointed you didn’t go the full 70k. But then again, when you get there, why not just continue on to 100K? All I’m saying is, a million words seem like hardly enough.

15. m0nty says:

Catallaxy Files, the true home of crazy people who walk about town babbling incoherently to strangers about vast left-wing conspiracies.

16. H B Bear says:

I would actively avoid anyone with an A3 sheet of paper in a shopping centre.

17. Albatross says:

m0nty says:
    April 4, 2021 at 10:24 am
    Catallaxy Files, the true home of crazy people

If you wanted to improve things you could stop posting.

18. H B Bear says:

Have I just agreed with mUnty? I’m going for a walk on the ice, I may be some time.

19. min says:

Great work Sanjeev what is needed is something dramatic to happen to be a circuit breaker otherwise the world will end in an Orwellian hole . Look at the USA at the moment and that’s where the Woke want us to be.

20. MattO says:

Long term reader, first comment added.
    I think your observations are more valid in Victoria than the rest of the country. I am an ACT resident and the only real sign of pandemic behaviours are the check in QR codes and the masks worn by the Costco employees. Every other aspect of life is fairly normal. There are certainly holdouts where social distancing is rigorously maintained. These though are the exception. You rarely see masks, social distancing is not observed and people act and behave like normal humans. I witnessed the same in Adelaide on a recent trip there and am currently in Sydney. Despite signs imploring passengers to wear masks, few do. At Taronga Zoo, the place was packed as were all the shopping and restaurant outlets in the city that I saw. If anything it was too crowded – even before Covid. I am not saying that your observations are wrong, I think they are specific to Victoria and Melbourne in particular where I think they collectively are still suffering from the heavy handed Dan Bans and the hysteria that accompanied them.

21. Boambee John says:

m0nty says:
    April 4, 2021 at 10:24 am

So, not as bad as people who dress up in black and walk about town beating up random strangers while rambling incoherently about vast fascist conspiracies leavened with racist and misogynist fantasies?

22. Gorilla Dance Party says:

Another aspect to this is people have been raised thinking evil is upfront and obvious and unless they have a leader that looks and acts like Darth Vader, they won’t be suspicious. Totalitarian regimes weren’t cape-wearing, moustache-twirling villains cackling manically while murdering people. The French Terror was carried out by the Committee of Public Safety. They always couched their evil in terms of protecting the nation or the public.

This is exactly what’s happening now though they aren’t straight up murdering us yet. As you say, I wouldn’t be surprised if the public-at-large turned a blind eye to imprisonment without trial and maybe even executions if things go on.

When the public wakes up to this monstrosity, we need to be ready to make sure every public figure that went along with it, can’t switch sides when convenient. If they aren’t calling it out now — they are part of the problem.

Can confirm. People wearing them even when they don’t have to. Only place that I’ve been that was relatively sane place I went where people were acting without fear was Church. Of course, Christians are commanded not to be afraid.

23. Runaway Roger says:

I have heard Dennis Prayer talk about how people value being taken care of over liberty. The political class and their henchman in the bureaucracy have got the message big time. The media, as always know the had news and fear outsells anything else.

24. Gorilla Dance Party says:

Let’s just look at the USA for example.

I’ll just randomly choose the nation where hospitals had significant financial incentive to cry COVID! Oh and where there was significant political incentive to make the crisis even worse to get rid of a very bad orange man.

25. Eyrie says:

80 to 85 % of people are natural serfs, slaves or prisoners. Australia may be worse.
    They don’t want freedom, just a tolerable master who looks after them.
    I think our pollies have realised this, hence instead of being our representatives they have decided to farm us.

26. Eyrie says:

Now get on the cattle car. The government says it’s OK. You believe them don’t you? There will be showers in the camp when you arrive.

27. Luke73 says:

Is this post satire cos it’s pretty damn funny, maybe sanjeevsabhlok is Pete Evans nom de plume ?

7/10 (would have been higher but there was no mention of George Soros or Bill Gates).

BTW – random dudes with bits of paper and I’m a PHD written on them approaching strangers to chat about whatever is on their addled mind reinforces why I wear earbuds when getting my groceries.

28. min says:

From a tweet by Willie Montague ‘ The world is not divided by race, gender and sexual orientation it is divided by wise and fools and the fools divide by race , gender and sexual orientation

29. Arky says:

Good on you Sanjeev.
    You haven confirmed my suspicions.

A horrible and shocking thing
    has happened in the land:
    The prophets prophesy lies,
    the priests rule by their own authority,
    and my people love it this way.
    But what will you do in the end?

30. Albatross says:

why I wear earbuds when getting my groceries

Because you’re too weak to the someone to fuck off to their face?

31. Albatross says:

*to tell

32. max says:

Shy Ted says:
    April 4, 2021 at 9:05 am

Mark Twain, … It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress.

Hayek famously argued, in politics, the worst get on top. And there is no accountability: the higher the office, the more criminal wrongdoing a person can get away with.

33. max says:

People do not want freedom they want salvation.
    If belief in supernatural God is abandoned people will invent man made god for salvation.

34. Luke73 says:

Because you’re too weak to the someone to fuck off to their face?

lol, you sound tough…been watching a little too much Sopranos maybe?

35. Rex Anger says:

Moby luke strikes again…

36. Albatross says:

Luke73 says:
    April 4, 2021 at 12:14 pm
    Because you’re too weak to the someone to fuck off to their face?

lol, you sound tough…been watching a little too much Sopranos maybe?

Tough or not, I don’t walk around with headphones in my ears with my eyes to the floor because I’m too weak to interact with people in my own terms.

37. Luke73 says:

Ok rando internet tuff guy..you do you.

38. Rob says:

Sadly, Sanjeev has demonstrated that sane and sensible people are in the minority.
    My experience supports that same conclusion.
    Many friends and relatives are terrified to the extent they even resent my trying to reassure them that catching the Coronavirus is not a death sentence.
    Want to lose a friend – try a sensible conversation with an Andrews (or Pałaszczuk) supporter.
    Even here on Catalaxy some are challenging Sanjeev.

39. Lee says:

I must be in the minority then.
    I couldn’t believe it last Thursday, when I was in a large outer eastern suburban shopping centre here in Melbourne, and I saw 12-15 people wearing masks in the very short time I was there (they are no longer compulsory).

40. Woolfe says:

In my little experiments during the Great Saint McGowan shut down in WA on mask wearing came to the same conclusions. I would say 95% are scared.

Every teenager i saw was wearing a mask, even when riding a bike or on a skateboard.

Was with a group of 10 friends last night (Rodneys Bait and Tackle in Mosman Park, found a 5.8% beer called Dumb to Try that was quite appropriate) All were pro jab, no one questioned the orthodoxy. When i pointed out there is zero point as no one in WA is infected was met with rolled their eyes. I am tolerated as the loony one.

So yea, all scared and accepting. Sad times.

41. Craig says:

As someone with a hard science degree, I’m absolutely disgusted by our politicians and the constant fear porn they are exposing us to. This is a lab accident (I hope) and the recent WHO report is fatally flawed with Chinese Communist government intervention from top to bottom. The real investigation needs to be done and then our politicians and those un-elected bureaucrats need to be publicly flogged and stripped of everything they own and put on a plane to China to atone for their absolute fuckwittery.

I thought science and its relationship to health care was a noble and honest career to go into, how wrong I was.

42. John A says:

custard says: April 4, 2021, at 8:53 am

No, the fear of Government. If it was the fear of God, we would be able to challenge the fake authority of governments by appealing to God to intervene.

Those of us who do have the fear of God (reverential as well as fear of His power) are praying for a change in attitude among the people.

43. Alan Vaughn says:

@Shy Ted

Yes, that’s exactly what he’s saying because that’s exactly what’s happening, even if you choose to pretend it’s not, or that it’s really something good that might benefit you if you opt to remain enslaved to the tyrants that clearly hate you, because they love LYING to you.
    Turn off your TV and WAKE UP, you’re being lied to.

44. Bad Samaritan says:

Gorilla (10.34am) yes. The Nobel Laureate put it as follows….

“He’s a great humanitarian, he’s a great philanthropist
    He knows just where to touch you, honey, and how you like to be kissed
    He’ll put both his arms around you
    You can feel the tender touch of the beast
    You know that sometimes Satan comes as a man of peace”

45. Fat Tony says:

The MSM is the real enemy of the people.

The MSM are the ones who created this fear – not the governments.

46. Albatross says:

Fat Tony says:
    April 4, 2021 at 4:57 pm
    The MSM is the real enemy of the people.

The MSM are the ones who created this fear – not the governments.

They each have their part. Perpetuating the delusions of our ruling class.

47. Dave of Reedy Creek, Qld says:

I cannot believe the crazy over reaction by the Queensland “Government” to half a dozen people with colds. Can anyone tell me before the Wuhan flu when 6 new people got sick, the whole state is forced to wear masks? Talk about over reaction!!! A friend told me the police were even patrolling in Elanora’s The Pines shopping centre on Thursday. We were lied to last time that the so-called British strain was in Australia so Brisbane was shut for 3 days for….. wait….wait….2 people! Over a million people prevented from work, weddings cancelled, people loosing their businesses left, right and centre, why? The Premier’s EGO. This time she hadn’t been on TV much so a royal command perfomance telling us YET AGAIN the really bad version of the bug was here. Reason: to generate fear, certainly not calm. Her knee jerk led NSW to cancel the million dollar Blues Festival at Byron Bay again for TWO people. What the hell are we dealing with here?

48. Kneel says:

“I see this every day as people use their phones to check into shops etc.”

Since they always seem to ask “Have you scanned the code?” or “Did you visit the website?”, I can always confidently and truthfully answer “Yes” to both questions.
    I have yet to be asked if I filled out the web form and submitted it… which I never do.

49. Fat Tony says:

Albatross says:
    April 4, 2021 at 5:02 pm
    Fat Tony says:
    April 4, 2021 at 4:57 pm
    The MSM is the real enemy of the people.

The MSM are the ones who created this fear – not the governments.

They each have their part. Perpetuating the delusions of our ruling class.

How far do you think the governments would have gotten without the full-on backing of the MSM?

It was obvious at the end of March last year that those at risk were the 80+ year olds with co-morbidities (99%).

The MSM are owned by those pushing the “Great Reset” and are the enemy of the people.

50. Albatross says:

Yeah. And so is your government. Lock stock.

51. Epicurious says:

Top comment above: Willie Montague ‘ The world is not divided by race, gender and sexual orientation it is divided by wise and fools and the fools divide by race , gender and sexual orientation

52. Epicurious says:

In years to come someone will make a movie called “The Planet of The Fools”. Now how about everyone her at the Cat offer up suggestions for a director and the cast.

Here is the first: In the role of king of fools is Joey Biden (a non-speaking role) and queen of fools is Sarah Hansen Young (only if she gets time off from Sea Patrol where she plays Australia’s dumbest politician).

53. RJH says:

Epicurious, you couldn’t go past Flannery “the Dams will never fill” for the Mad Professor role?

54. Spitfire says:

I live outside Australia and was talking with my parents in country Vic on the weekend. They were looking forward to getting their jab in the next week or so. Granted that they’re in their late 70s-mid 80s, they’re in the high-risk group, so their risk of getting sick from the virus itself is higher than that of not getting the jab or any side effects from it.
    But the thing that irritated me the most is that they support a vaccine passport. These are people who’ve been lifelong conservatives and are generally very sensible. But they watch way too much mainstream media and have been sucked into the fear campaign – with Mum entertaining the notion that I could be an “anti-vaxxer” and a “conspiracy theorist” for entertaining the notion that we’re not being told the entire truth.

Being relatively young and in good health, there’s little motivation for me to get the jab, and 100% opposition to a vaccine passport in order to travel and participate in normal life. So if this goes ahead, I might not be able to return to my home country unless my parents decide to visit me here in Japan.

It’s a sad state of affairs and needs brave people like Sanjeev and most of the people here on the Cat to resist this blatant power grab with civil disobedience in addition to education.
    Somewhat ironically, Japan, a country that is usually famous for toeing the line of authority, as been pretty nonchalant about this crisis – certainly far more so than I expected. Most people wear masks when out and about shopping, but hey come off as soon as people sit down. But people are itching to get out and about despite pleas to stay home and amid a media fear campaign, so there’s hope for this country yet. I think if it weren’t for the upcoming Olympics, they never would have even bothered with the half-baked urges to stay home (lockdowns are illegal here) to begin with.

55. H B Bear says:

Age certainly affects the way people see the world. How else do you explain all those wrinklies making tea and coffee for the swampies on Get Up pickets? My Old Man just wanted to live long enough to see how it was going to end. He died last year so there were plenty of balls still in the air. As always.

56. Spitfire says:

Gorilla Dance Party says:
    April 4, 2021 at 10:34 am

Yup. Most people simply cannot grasp the concept that malevolence doesn’t have to appear evil from the outside. Think: “the greatest trick the devil played is convincing people he doesn’t exist.” Can’t fight an enemy you don’t even recognise.

57. Vicki says:

Agree with earlier comments that Sanjeev adds little to his campaign in presenting his PhD in economics in support of his views. Many who would disagree with his views will have doctorates aplenty – & some in fields – perhaps in virology.

Like many others, I have followed the development of CV19 since it first became apparent to the world around early January 2020. The behaviour of the Chinese authorities clearly signalled that it was no ordinary corona virus. And nor was it.

The various arguments regarding the poor facilities OS, under resourced hospitals and the like have not convinced me that it is simply “a flu that is very contagious”. It is a damn nasty virus that has a molecular configuration that locks in very well to our cells and can be enormously destructive as a result of explosive inflammatory responses of our immune systems.

Sorry, I am with quants like Nassim Taleb in preferring the Precautionary Principle in this instance. The freedoms I and my family have forfeited temporarily are insignificant in the scheme of things.

58. Tel says:

I’m living in an immigrant neighbourhood in Western Sydney and I don’t want to go around with a sandwich board but I do have a quiet chat here and there to the locals, shopkeepers, random people … I can tell you there’s a lot of skepticism out there. People who have been through genuine hard times, who have come from Syria, Turkey, Lebanon, Somalia, etc … they don’t get rattled all that easily over a cold, even when it is a bad cold.

They have lived with terrible bad governance, and their presumption tends to automatically swing towards an expectation of more bad governance. Then again, it’s a firm ALP voting area which is weird but might be explained because last time I was voting, some middle aged immigrant woman, clearly from the Middle East leaned over and asked me to help show her how to do it! For legal reasons I refused and suggested she ask the official staff but I got the impression she already had asked them … oh well, what can be done?!?

PS: for some reason random helpless people in the street will talk to me and apparently see me as trustworthy … I’ve tried dressing in different ways, Army gear, short hair, gym gear, scruffy long hair, punk gear … it doesn’t work they still ask.

59. Sanjeev Sabhlok says:

Chanced by Vicki’s comment: “The behaviour of the Chinese authorities clearly signalled that it was no ordinary corona virus. And nor was it”.

Indeed, this is very similar to the common version of coronavirus, having killed barely 6 days worth of extra people in India where there is massive corona cross-reactivity.

Sweden’s data are clear: around 3% extra killed despite no lockdowns.

Finally, even if we agree that 2.2 million did did in 2020, it should have killed 211 million if it was Spanish flu.

I think there is a strong tendency for “experts” to not be able to do basic arithmetic.

And China’s actions about fake videos are entirely ignored by Vicki: See https://catallaxyfiles.com/2021/02/03/how-the-world-fell-into-xi-jinpings-trap/comment-page-1/

This is a massive attack by CCP against the west. In plain sight!

60. Mike (MJB Wolf) says:

This debate is much like the ones happening in USA where I live. One salient fact to put the apparently high infection rate per 100K in USA in perspective is that studies by state and county epidemiologists consistently show at least 40% of WuFlu “deaths” are other causes mislabeled as Covid. So few people actually believe the hype about a once-in-100-year killer virus. It’s pretty clear that excess deaths caused by unnecessary lockdowns are the worst culprit.

61. BorisG says:

It is too long and boring to read but I don’t think the WA election shows people are in fear of Covid. In my experience, they are in fear of lockdowns, masks etc, which will be imposed if we have an outbreak. Thus they support short and sharp precautionary lockdowns so they can continue with their near-normal lives. They cherish this near normalcy and its uniqueness around the world, and attribute it, rightly or wrongly, to their premier. Hence the election results.

BTW I voted against them.

62. BorisG says:

Well people in Russia think seat belts are for cowards. Western countries value human lives more. Not sure it is an entirely bad thing.

Brazilian president thinks it is just a flu. They had to allow cemeteries to operate 24/7.