Diggers must acknowledge ‘owners’ of the country they saved

A week or so ago, I happened to catch Alan Jones talking to Catherine McGregor about the suicide tragedy afflicting returned servicemen. There was no love lost from either about the contemporary RSL. The League is now run by woke imposters and never-combatants whose number one priority is craven acquiescence to the establishment. The relentless McGregor alone is doing the work of six RSL branches on the mental health front – and in defence of men set up as ‘war criminals’ by Knox Grammar Cadet Corp ‘Major-General’ Paul Brereton. The Liberals who were recently introduced to – and enchanted by – the rule of law, have been MIA in comparison.

This entry was posted in Cultural Issues, Politics of the Left. Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Diggers must acknowledge ‘owners’ of the country they saved

1. Mak Siccar says:

If this acknowledgment goes ahead, I hope everyone turns their back to show their disgust.

2. Riversutra says:

Give it a decade under the current education system and the youth will understand that the Aboriginal people did most of the fighting saved Australia.
    Go on, tell me I’m dreaming.

3. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

Fighting for a country which counted them as “fauna”, not even citizens, or counted in the census…

4. Rowrowrowyourboat says:

Bullshit alphabet numbers and you know it.

5. mareeS says:

Our sub-branch isn’t having a dawn service for the 2nd year at our very fine local memorial, so no “welcome” issues, just bastardry by the local council on costs and Covid measures that make it impossible. We are a beachside branch, and the dawn service of pre-virus times was regularly attended by thousands from our local community.

This year, it’s place your own tributes, and veterans will have breakfast cooked by the local firies and surf club as usual. That’s one tradition of many decades that the virus hasn’t managed to kill.

6. Adam says:

McGregor – that’s a bloke in lippy and a frock, right?

7. jupes says:

Diggers must acknowledge ‘owners’ of the country they saved

It’s actually worse than that. For the past few years RSLWA have banned Christianity from the Kings Park ‘service’. No padre, no prayers and no hymns. They did however, include a haka and a welcome to country – though these were performed after the dawn ‘service’. I put the word ‘service’ in inverted commas because the whole idea of the dawn service is that it is a Christian service.

After the 2018 dawn ‘service’ and outraged at this disrespectful behaviour, I initiated an email exchange with RSLWA CEO. This ended with me suggesting that if he won’t do his job, then he should vacate his job for someone who will.

He did not accept my advice and now it appears they have moved the welcome to country bullshit to the main ceremony.

Disgraceful.

8. jupes says:

The relentless McGregor alone is doing the work of six RSL branches on the mental health front …

Something he should consider for himself next time he is looking in a mirror.

Nevertheless, what does it say about today’s veterans (and I include myself here), that the two biggest advocates for Aussie veterans in 2021 are a tranny and a homo?

9. Riversutra says:

In March 2014, the Special Broadcasting Service (SBS) published an article addressing a number of myths about the 1967 referendum. According to the column, one of these misinterpretations is that Aborigines were considered fauna prior to 1967. The write-up states that this statement is untrue. Below is a quote from the article:

Not being counted properly in the census all those years has fed into the misunderstanding that Aboriginal people were classified as fauna until the ’67 referendum.
    Several states did, indeed, often manage Aboriginal affairs through departments that also handled flora, fauna and wildlife.

But there is nothing to show Aboriginal people were ever classed as one and the same, despite the fact they were not being counted in the official human population.

Heh, it’s a great lie. No need to accept the truth. Just keep repeating it. The Education system sure does.

10. Snoopy says:

Not being counted properly in the census all those years …… until the ’67 referendum.

That’s not true, either.

11. duncanm says:

ZK2A – I hope you’re taking the piss.

12. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

That’s not true, either.

I know, but I’ve seen it repeated on more then one Indigenous website – “Imagine wanting to serve a country that didn’t even think enough of you to count you in the census.”

13. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

ZK2A – I hope you’re taking the piss.

I was, yes.

14. Old School Conservative says:

Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:
    April 9, 2021 at 3:55 pm
    ZK2A – I hope you’re taking the piss.

I was, yes.

Long time readers would know that.

15. duncanm says:

I was, yes.

Just checking – other’s seemed to have missed the sarcasm completely..

16. duncanm says:

mareeS says:
    April 9, 2021 at 3:06 pm

Maree – make sure you attend at the usual time.

I paid my respects last year at our local – quite a few of us lurking in the dark around the cenotaph, and we had the fortune of a local bugler who marched up, did his thing, then marched off.

It was quite the thing to witness.

Despite the ‘ban’, the local rozzers drove past and ignored us

17. Mick Gold Coast QLD says:

Old School Conservative says at 4:05 pm:

” Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says at 3:55 pm:
    … taking the piss.

Long time readers would know that.””

When I read Zulu I laughed, when I read the very next post I laughed some more! 😁😁😁

18. Mother Lode says:

Just noticed.

Mother Lode says:
    April 9, 2021 at 2:25 pm

Wrong thread.

19. C.L. says:

McGregor – that’s a bloke in lippy and a frock, right?

I’m not going to ad hom what McGregor is doing for war veterans.

20. Adam says:

I’m not going to ad hom what McGregor is doing for war veterans.

He might be a nutjob but he’s our nutjob!

21. JohnJJJ says:

I’d imagine that being counted as fauna is good if you are part of the land and at one with nature. Songlines, moieties: fish, stone, river, sea and all that. I am definitely getting confused here.

22. luke73 says:

…… that the two biggest advocates for Aussie veterans in 2021 are a tranny and a homo?

This made me lol, like when someone pointed out if Penny Wong became PM Australia would be led by a Chinese lesbian.

23. John A says:

jupes says: April 9, 2021, at 3:21 pm

Something he should consider for himself next time he is looking in a mirror.

It says that all that woke-ness is irrelevant and should never be an issue.

24. Albatross says:

I will not listen to that disgusting Troon. How can you take such a grotesque degenerate seriously?

25. Blair says:

“Firstly, that was the middle ground for some of the feedback we’ve had from our Indigenous and Torres Strait Islander veterans”
    Torres Strait Islanders aren’t indigenous?
    There seems to be a bit of confusion here; Acknowledgment of traditional owners and Welcome to country.
    I’ve never heard of Acknowledgment of country.

26. Rockdoctor says:

Sent this to an ex-Reg mate. Basically said he let his membership of the RSL as a result of the welcome to the country BS. Said they are more interested in this sort of rubbish than the Veterans. Said he had calls from the RSL from a Brisbane asking why he wasn’t renewing and he just hung up on them. They must be losing more than a few younger vets if they are chasing ex-members to rejoin.

IMO, RSL lost it’s soul when it went into the lucrative club scene and started closing down the little sub-branches that I used to frequent with my dad when he was alive.