Music Maestro: April 9, 2021

This entry was posted in Music Open Thread. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Music Maestro: April 9, 2021

1. covid ate my homework says:

Oh, you wanna go back there? Try this!

2. Roger says:

I see nobody wants to comment on your musical tastes, Sinc.

😉

3. thefrollickingmole says:

Machine gun woofters demands a retaliatory response.

Take this!

(please)

4. For all those wanting to see the Melbourne Cat get-together.

Have to get to one sometime…

5. (Iva plays JC, but wardrobe forgot the ironed jeans.)

6. lotocoti says:

Some proper Instrumental Prog Rock.
    Scipio parts I & II

7. Sinclair Davidson says:

I see nobody wants to comment on your musical tastes, Sinc.

I don’t understand. What you saying?

8. mundi says:

I don’t know what magic medicine they used to keep him ticking, but the queen is likely to last way past 100 if she is on the same stuff.

The prince really only went down hill around 2006, even at 95 he was a sharp as a tack in getting a rise out of people.

9. eb says:

Well done Sinc, I wholeheartedly approve. Spandau Ballet one of my favourite bands!

10. johanna says:

Nice choice. It’s not my any means my favourite period of music, but the SB Greatest Hits still gets played from time to time. True is an anthem of the 80s. Here they are sort of performing it on Countdown.

The Brothers Kemp went on to have successful acting careers. As I delve about in the British crime genre, Martin pops up quite often, and while he’s no Alec Guiness, he is workmanlike and plausible.

I wonder how many fans knew the gruesome origins of the name? There are a few explanations floating around, none of them pretty. All macabre, in fact.

Not your typical 80s English band.

11. Perfidious Albino says:

It’s Gold Sinc, Gold!

12. TBH says:

Some proper Instrumental Prog Rock.
    Scipio parts I & II

Love that album. All of Sky’s first three are excellent.

13. Bruce says:

“Sky”: actual music played by actual musicians. Not an overnight success; all the members of the band had a lot of musical miles behind them in multiple genres.

And for those new to “Sky”, the two guitarists, John Williams and Kevin Peek, both hail from Oz.