Open Forum: April 10, 2021

4,792 Responses to Open Forum: April 10, 2021

1. Bruce of Newcastle says:

Twerking was very traditional in Australia 40,000 years ago.
    Probably just an oversight that it wasn’t mentioned in Dark Emu.

2. feelthebern says:

Well done Cassie.

3. Top Ender says:

Taking the heat of the Navy for a bit…

A high-ranking officer implicated in the debaucherous special forces antics at an on-base Afghanistan bar has been stood down and asked to “show cause” as to why he shouldn’t be sacked.

The officer, who was responsible for overseeing ethical standards for much of the army, was this week issued with a termination notice after photographs emerged of him partying with junior soldiers at the unauthorised Fat Lady’s Arms pub set up by Australian troops at their Tarin Kowt headquarters.

Now a colonel based in Sydney, he is the most senior figure to face repercussions over the cultural rot in the special forces since they were linked to dozens of alleged war crimes in Afghanistan. The career soldier, whom The Australian has chosen not to name, was a major with the Special Air Services Regiment and commander of its disgraced 2 Squadron when the picture was taken at the bar during the special forces’ ninth rotation in Afghanistan in 2009.

Oz

4. Roger says:

Groundhog day at the Cat.

So why waste your time here?

Doesn’t the Miata need a cut and polish or something?

5. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV) says:

One of the ex-Navy groups I belong to on Facebook says: “The invoice for that dance troupe clearly stated that they were a Traditional Aboriginal Dance Group.”

abos invented twerking 50,000 years ago dontcha know.

6. Leigh Lowe says:

OK.
    So it appears that feelthebern is not Bernie Madoff.

7. Nick says:

Incidentally did Madga say in one breath I didn’t realise it was Jenny Morrison when I made that Handmaiden comment and in the next, by being the wife of the prime minister

Yeah. It’s gone from ‘I didn’t know it was her’ to ‘ I deliberately struck a blow against Christian conservatism in Government’

Strange she worries about any influence Jenny Morrison may have but not Jill Biden or Boris’ squeeze.

8. calli says:

Probably just an oversight that it wasn’t mentioned in Dark Emu.

It will be in the revised edition. Along with finely woven red cloth.

9. calli says:

And lycra.

10. Geriatric Mayfly says:

It is alleged, rumoured maybe even gossiped, that Maria Callas had a captured tapeworm
    inserted in her gut to help reduce weight and to improve the image of her high C’s. Maybe Magda’s talents can be thus preserved.

11. Roger says:

It’s quite funny but no biggie at the end of the day.

Next time ask more questions.

12. Leigh Lowe says:

Some middle-ranking smartarse has booked them with the deliberate intent of embarrassing the brass.
    Someone may have even tumbled to it beforehand, but who wants to be the waaaacist who cancels a “traditional Aboriginal dance troupe”?

13. calli says:

It’s quite funny but no biggie at the end of the day.

True. But it is fun to watch the mental gyrations.

Is it okay? Not okay? A little bit okay? Where does it fit on the okay-o-meter?

14. Top Ender says:

Just writing to a mate:

I’m fairly sure an Australian VC can be removed from a recipient.

The way things are going with Ben Roberts-Smith we might be the first nation in history to do so for over 100 years.

As I was writing my email program changed “first nation” to capitals!

15. Leigh Lowe says:

Change of name for the dance troupe.
    The Big and Bulky Bilge Ballast Ballet.

16. calli says:

101 Doll Squadron has a Facebook page, complete with “examples”.

They knew.

17. Bruce of Newcastle says:

The Big and Bulky Bilge Ballast Ballet.

Maybe Magda should start a twerking-for-hire dance troupe.
    It’d be like that scene in Fantasia.

18. Terry Pedersen says:

She is also apparently blocking critics on twitter.

The Custard strategy. Modified to the extent that she is not bragging on the Cat about others blocking her.

19. Top Ender says:

I think someone here raise this link – well worth reading:

I Refuse to Stand By While My Students Are Indoctrinated

Children are afraid to challenge the repressive ideology that rules our school. That’s why I am.

Paul Rossi

I am a teacher at Grace Church High School in Manhattan. Ten years ago, I changed careers when I discovered how rewarding it is to help young people explore the truth and beauty of mathematics. I love my work.

As a teacher, my first obligation is to my students. But right now, my school is asking me to embrace “antiracism” training and pedagogy that I believe is deeply harmful to them and to any person who seeks to nurture the virtues of curiosity, empathy and understanding.

“Antiracist” training sounds righteous, but it is the opposite of truth in advertising. It requires teachers like myself to treat students differently on the basis of race. Furthermore, in order to maintain a united front for our students, teachers at Grace are directed to confine our doubts about this pedagogical framework to conversations with an in-house “Office of Community Engagement” for whom every significant objection leads to a foregone conclusion. Any doubting students are likewise “challenged” to reframe their views to conform to this orthodoxy.

I know that by attaching my name to this I’m risking not only my current job but my career as an educator, since most schools, both public and private, are now captive to this backward ideology. But witnessing the harmful impact it has on children, I can’t stay silent.

My school, like so many others, induces students via shame and sophistry to identify primarily with their race before their individual identities are fully formed. Students are pressured to conform their opinions to those broadly associated with their race and gender and to minimize or dismiss individual experiences that don’t match those assumptions. The morally compromised status of “oppressor” is assigned to one group of students based on their immutable characteristics. In the meantime, dependency, resentment and moral superiority are cultivated in students considered “oppressed.”

All of this is done in the name of “equity,” but it is the opposite of fair. In reality, all of this reinforces the worst impulses we have as human beings: our tendency toward tribalism and sectarianism that a truly liberal education is meant to transcend.

Recently, I raised questions about this ideology at a mandatory, whites-only student and faculty Zoom meeting. (Such racially segregated sessions are now commonplace at my school.) It was a bait-and-switch “self-care” seminar that labelled “objectivity,” “individualism,” “fear of open conflict,” and even “a right to comfort” as characteristics of white supremacy. I doubted that these human attributes — many of them virtues reframed as vices — should be racialized in this way. In the Zoom chat, I also questioned whether one must define oneself in terms of a racial identity at all. My goal was to model for students that they should feel safe to question ideological assertions if they felt moved to do so.

20. feelthebern says:

So it appears that feelthebern is not Bernie Madoff.

I am actually Bernard King. One time “celebrity” chef.

21. feelthebern says:

Exactly Nick.

22. Mick Gold Coast QLD says:

Dr Faustus says at 9:20 am:

“Aaand Magda slams down the Victim Card:

On Wednesday night, the former Kath & Kim star …”

… a television series showing 8 times per period for 4 periods, from 2002 for a couple of years, dropped then revived for its final period in 2007 and filed away in the channel’s film library. She lasted for just 4 years and was all over, finished, 15 years ago.

I suspect she’d be on some sort of taxpayer funded pension ever since she became yesterday’s news, maybe the lazy fat lard’s category.

I shouldn’t be surprised – all but a handful of ’em get worse with with age, whinging and whining, bringing up their illnesses in the second sentence of any conversation, forgetting how to smile, foregoing any pretensions to intelligent thought and rational analysis, getting hysterical, nagging …

23. feelthebern says:

Or am I Bernhard Langer, golf extraordinaire.

24. Old School Conservative says:

It’s quite funny but no biggie at the end of the day

Twerking is a highly sexualised dance and has no place in a formal ceremony.
    Since Miley Cirus popularised the thrusting and rotating of the pelvic girdle, it has had only one insinuation – sex.
    Sure, men and women can enjoy the suggestive dance, and Latham can praise the training and dedication to the craft of dancing but it’s totally out of place at the launching of a ship of the RAN.

I do and it funny that in trying to be woke the RAN was hoist with its own petard.

25. calli says:

But enough about me…

😀

26. Terry Pedersen says:

Credlin has a voice that should be recorded and used as a warning siren.

And a face that would sink a thousand ships.

27. Old School Conservative says:

“and” s/b “find”

28. caveman says:

Indigiknee twerking style may be the response we need towards the haka .

29. dover_beach says:

Putting shit on women

That was Magda on Jenny via a picture at a condolence book signing. Nothing to say there, numbers?

30. mh says:

This may be of interest to Military Cats.
    Philip has to crush the narrative of the interviewer at times

Prince Philip: The War Years – Duke Of Edinburgh On Serving In WW2 • FULL 1995 INTERVIEW

31. thefrollickingmole says:

caveman says:
    April 15, 2021 at 11:23 am
    Indigiknee twerking style may be the response we need towards the haka

Im trying to visualize a dozen hairy bums clad in green and gold G-Strings twerking to a suitable tune.

The tune eludes me.

32. feelthebern says:

The seating arrangements at the Zampatti funeral would have been a thankless task.
    Remember when Gillard & Rudd were meant sit next to each other a gig but were too infantile to do so?

33. Geriatric Mayfly says:

Venomous snake bites are responsible for 138,000 deaths every year around the world, but could some disarmingly simple interventions help to save lives?

Interesting article at the BBC site. The cocktail of toxins in various venoms and the target organs is beyond my understanding of evolution. Then comes the perfect hypodermic tooth to deliver the coup. Which leads me to ask, which came first: the specialised tooth or the toxins – simultaneously is out of the question.

34. Infidel Tiger says:

I’m fairly sure an Australian VC can be removed from a recipient.

He will be stripped of all medals soon.

35. Terry Pedersen says:

Since Miley Cirus popularised the thrusting and rotating of the pelvic girdle

Elvis Presley wasn’t it?

36. Dr Faustus says:

Anecdotal example of AstraZeneca practical effectiveness.

Amongst my extended in-laws in the UK, four families with completely vaccinated adults each have several cases of the Rona, all acquired after the second jab, all asymptomatic to mild.

This is apparently ‘normal’ in the British context – and the apparent attenuation of the viral effects is considered a success in terms of managing the call on the NHS. (My family Rona-sufferers are fairly pleased with the result too.)

That’s The UK.
    In the effectively Rona-free Australian context, it’s unclear how Clot Morrison’s wartime footing, mass vaccination strategy is a pathway to ending the Despotry of CMO’s, randomised internal lockdowns, public money taps open on 11, and international isolation.

Public discussion is all about the Government’s Olympic class pratfalls. The greater scandal however is that nobody appears to be able to explain where is is all supposedly taking us.

We employ the fuckers for precisely this purpose.

37. Rex Anger says:

Now that takes the incident from mere ‘Schadenfreude’ to ‘Glorious.’

This was truly a Private Hudson moment.

38. Terry Pedersen says:

That was Magda on Jenny via a picture at a condolence book signing.

39. lotocoti says:

The tune eludes me.

Whatever they use for Combantrin ads should be fine.

40. Leigh Lowe says:

feelthebern says:

April 15, 2021 at 11:14 am

So it appears that feelthebern is not Bernie Madoff.

I am actually Bernard King. One time “celebrity” chef.

Knee deep in nostalgia here.
    Bernard King and Aerobics Oz Style.
    Golden years of Australian TV.

41. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

I’m imagining the following scenario – Bill Shorten was elected Prime Minister at the last election. He is signing the condolences book, while Chloe stands nearby, wearing black as a sign of mourning. Andrew Bolt compares Chloe to a character in the Handmaidens Tale…..

42. Geriatric Mayfly says:

Democratic lawmakers are set to unveil legislation Thursday to expand the number of justices on the Supreme Court.
    Sen. Ed Markey, D-Mass., and Reps. Jerry Nadler, D-N.Y., Hank Johnson, D-Ga., and Mondaire Jones, D-N.Y., will hold a press conference on Thursday to introduce the proposal on the steps of the Supreme Court.

And up pops the stunted fat runt again.

43. Leigh Lowe says:

feelthebern says:

April 15, 2021 at 11:16 am

Or am I Bernhard Langer, golf extraordinaire.

I had it narrowed down to Bernie Madoff, Bernie Taupin or Bernie Sanders.
    OK.
    Sanders was a long-shot.
    I wasn’t getting that grumpy old socialist vibe.

44. Cassie of Sydney says:

“And a face that would sink a thousand ships.”

Not true creep….you should stick to your collection of skin suits. Credlin is a very attractive women in the flesh. Oh…I shouldn’t use the word “flesh”….might excite you.

45. lotocoti says:

Bernard King and Aerobics Oz Style.
    Golden years of Australian TV.

Jaysus.
    The bomb threats following Pot of Gold auditions.
    The Erotics Oz Style EP tooled up when he directed the wendy ball games.
    Golden years indeed.

46. dover_beach says:

The ‘scene’ was a condolence book signing. Did you want her wearing red and twerking as the PM signed the book? BTW, the puritans here are those judging the clothing and demeanor of someone at such a ceremony without regard to the ceremony itself and by their own putrid standards.

47. Top Ender says:

Idiotic letter in the Oz today below:

Isn’t the writer, Fr Kevin Burke, that so-called man of God who puts silly sayings on a billboard outside his church? If it is, then I think he ran for office recently but was too woke even for Victorians.

Scott Morrison’s public humiliation, bullying and virtual sacking of Australia Post head Christine Holgate was a despicable act in a coward’s castle by the highest office-holder in Australia. Morrison callously exploited a low-level error of judgment by a highly respected and competent business leader, though he turns a blind eye to serious abuses of public office by his own ministers. How much more ammunition do we need for the federal government to legislate to protect citizens’ dignity and human rights with a National Integrity Commission or a Bill of Rights, let alone implementation of Sex Discrimination Commissioner Kate Jenkins’ 2020 [email protected] Report.

Fr Kevin Burke, Sandringham, Vic

48. thefrollickingmole says:

Except for the different colours, style and scenery.
    And the lack of a theocratic all powerful government making unwilling ladies into brood mares and enforcing draconian punishments to enforce their will.

So apart from all those there are some pixels left which are sure to further shrivel the ovaries of bitter old spinsters everywhere.

49. feelthebern says:

One of the many reasons not to like Corbyn is that he disavowed his given name: Bernard.

50. Dr Faustus says:

I am actually Bernard King. One time “celebrity” chef.
    Knee deep in nostalgia here.

Australia needs a flamboyantly gay cooking-show-led revival.
    Get it wherever and whenever you can.
    It’s a wartime thing.

51. feelthebern says:

Bernard King was gay?
    Well he certainly hid that well.

52. Bruce of Newcastle says:

The toxins. Some snakes only have grooves, and some don’t have either.

Biophysics of snakebites: How do venomous snakes inject venom into victim’s wound? (2011)

53. Cassie of Sydney says:

“The imagery was obvious. The photo was like a scene from The Handmaid’s Tale. Puritanical.”

Nope….nothing like a scene from The Handmaid’s Tale.

54. thefrollickingmole says:

bern, Ive got some bad news about your list of Bernards…

55. mindfree says:

TE I think you’re referring to Rod Bower from the Gosford church. He’s even a bigger dickhead

56. feelthebern says:

Next you’ll be telling me Elton John has divorced that lovely Aussie lass he married.

57. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

That’s Father Rod Bower, at the church at Gosford, on the N.S.W. Central Coast.

58. Dr Faustus says:

So, not exactly cutting edge observation from our much-loved comedienne. More along the lines of ‘She’s a silly poo bum Handmaiden because she looks like one’.

59. Rex Anger says:

Get your Hand(maid) off it, Grigory…

60. Top Ender says:

Ok, thank you for that.

So two activist priests?

61. H B Bear says:

Doesn’t the Miata need a cut and polish or something?

Only the knob.

62. dover_beach says:

You could reproduce multiple photos like that at every condolence book signing, which is to say it was ‘like a scene’ from an ordinary condolence book signing.

63. feelthebern says:

Magda wanted attention.
    She got it.

64. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

So two activist priests?

Google “Gosford Church signs.”

65. H B Bear says:

Australia needs a flamboyantly gay cooking-show-led revival.

I think it’s in pre-production with Channel 10. They need a win.

66. min says:

I had covid 19 vaccination week ago yesterday and although first few hours up and about by the time midday arrived I had to go and rest no temperature just felt exhausted. Yesterday was first day I felt ok all day. G’daughter , doctor in hospital has not had her second Pfizer yet and overdue , tells me many consultants are feeling exhausted after second vaccination.

67. Geriatric Mayfly says:

Night time in Iceland and that effusive crack in the dyke is beginning to look like the wound that never heals.

68. Bruce of Newcastle says:

The total irony of this is that the MSM were all over Holgate at the time for giving Cartier watches to executives using taxpayer money.

Now that she’s been fired for that lack of judgement* the MSM have done a complete 180 and is lambasting ScoMo for doing what they effectively urged. And the wokerati are piling on like piles.

The hypocrisy is amazing. I think it only works because the public now seem to have memories unable retain anything for longer than a few days.

(* a pretty good indication of her inability to do a job competently at the stratospheric salary she’d been getting.)

69. Mick Gold Coast QLD says:

feelthebern says at 12:02 pm:

“Magda wanted attention.
    She got it.”

Succinct, accurate, bewdiful – love it! 😁😁

70. Zyconoclast says:

The tune eludes me.

This tune and choreography!

71. thefrollickingmole says:

I caught a bit of the Magda on mute last night.

Also brought up was the sinister pic of Mrs Morrison performing an ok sign against her daughters wrist in a posed family photo.

Obviously a code for some filthy, filthy, depraved racist, sexist, misogynism, nazi, gibber, froth, my old mans a dustman…..

72. PeterM says:

Calli says:
    April 15, 2021 at 9:27 am
    Just wondering what the title of Brittany’s book will be.

A Hundred Shades of Barf

Why are there always carrots?

73. areff says:

Magda on Magda:

Comedian and actor Magda Szubanski will host a new series of the game show The Weakest Link.

The show, which originated in the UK, always had very temperamental and often mean hosts, qualities not normally associated which the much-loved Australian entertainer.

“I’ve pretended to be nice my whole career – now I finally get to play myself.” Szubanski said of her appointment.

74. Mater says:

Like this, for example.

75. Pedro the Loafer says:

Another dugite sighted in the shed at Casa Pedro. Fool of a hound ran up to have a sniff, snake reared up and the hound has run away under the house. He may come out about Friday meal time.

What the hell are snakes doing still active at this time of year?

Aaaaah. Global Warming.

P.S. Snake lives to frighten the hound again another day. Slithered away at warp speed.

76. Dr Faustus says:

I think it’s in pre-production with Channel 10. They need a win.

Drag Queens. They need Drag Queens.

Hairy Berry;
    Nigel Lawson;
    Maggie Queer.

I think I’ll give Ten Network a call…

77. Pedro the Loafer says:

Buggerit.

Poisonous old goat from “rural” Queensland has arisen from the dead.

78. Zyconoclast says:

But enough about Magda

79. rickw says:

Cats, need some action on this:

Essentially, because Melbourne is so shit, Dickhead Dan is proposing to give the peasants of Melbourne access to the first 20m of river frontage in country vic with very few caveats. (Well it’s not really your land anyway?!)

This means that:

1). If you are a land owner with river frontage that has decided to allow access for a fee. Government is about to stuff your sideline business.

2). If you are a land owner with river frontage that has decided not to allow access to that frontage. Government has just stuffed your right to control your own land.

80. Leigh Lowe says:

On the subject of Bernards.
    I am generally more favourably disposed towards “Bernies” than “Bernards”.
    Although some very dodgy Bernards adopt the Bernie moniker to project a “common touch” image (Exhibit A – Bernie Sanders).
    The other thing is the pronunciation.
    If it is pronounced “Burn-nud” that is acceptable.
    If, however, they insist on the emphasis on the second syllable – “Burn-NARD” – they are very, very suspect.

81. rickw says:

Parliament has recently passed amendments to the Land Act 1958 to remove the prohibition on camping on licensed river frontages and allow for the making of regulations to manage camping and recreational activities on regulated watercourse land, which includes these licensed areas. The public is already able to lawfully access licensed river frontages for recreation such as fishing, picnicking and hiking. These changes will allow for camping in appropriate areas from 1 September 2021.

82. Geriatric Mayfly says:

Pedro. I put a message up for you last night regarding Dorpers in Kenya. What I didn’t know from that article is that they have scant need for water and will, like goats, eat stuff other sheep avoid.

83. rickw says:

On the subject of Bernards.

My son and I use “Bernard!” and “Harold!” on a rotating basis to take the piss out of each other! 🤣

84. Leigh Lowe says:

feelthebern says:

April 15, 2021 at 11:50 am

Bernard King was gay?
    Well he certainly hid that well.

What the … ?
    Bernard King gay?
    Un-fkn-believable!

85. feelthebern says:

They also make a fine bedfellow on a cold winter night.

86. Dr Faustus says:

Accurate call.
    Either a pretensiosa poove, or a filthy European.

87. Roger says:

And just like that, Jenny Morrison was Mrs. Ceausescu rediviva.

88. Leigh Lowe says:

Either a pretensiosa poove, or a filthy European.

Or both.
    Not mutually exclusive.

89. Geriatric Mayfly says:

Does the Queen’s chain still apply on some rivers? Always been a matter of contention as to whose rights apply. The scrapes I have had, presenting the fly, attests to that. Fences ring fence frontages, notices of trespass are erected, yet no one could cite a single legal clause one way or the other when accosted.

90. feelthebern says:

“Burn-NARD”

Very American, in my unfortunate experience.

91. Terry Pedersen says:

Drag Queens. They need Drag Queens.

Hairy Berry;
    Nigel Lawson;
    Maggie Queer.

I think I’ll give Ten Network a call…

You might need to shave first. Your face; anywhere else probably won’t matter.

92. Leigh Lowe says:

Bern-NARD King from Wikipedia

By 1982 King had become an industry, earning five million dollars from lucrative sponsorship deals, licensing arrangements, a signature range of herbs and spices and wide-ranging media commitments.

OK.
    Made in the shade.
    But read on, dear reader …

In later years, King struggled with his finances. He mortgaged his house to fund a second season at the troubled Parramatta Riverside Theatres. The season was a flop and the house was lost.

King died in the garden of a house where he was living rent-free in exchange for gardening duties,[4] on the Gold Coast, Queensland.

93. Dr Faustus says:

And just like that, Jenny Morrison was Mrs. Ceausescu rediviva.

Stepford wife.

94. Rockdoctor says:

I believe on some waterways in Victoria there is a small corridor if the freehold was established before sometime around 1860’s (Have to check) is allowed to be traversed so long as you keep within that corridor along the water course. Anything established after, freehold goes all the way to the water and if you try to pass you are effectively trespassing. Vic farmer Cat’s any further info or corrections?

95. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

Navy dancers at centre of viral storm blast ABC for ‘creepy’ editing

Richard Ferguson
    Reporter
    @RichAFerguson
    4 minutes ago April 15, 2021
    No Comments

A Sydney dancing troupe who performed at a naval ship commissioning have accused the ABC of exploiting them, and say they now feel threatened and unsafe.

101 Doll Squadron went viral after they performed to an audience of dignitaries, including the Chief of Defence Forces Angus Campbell, at the Sunday launch of HMAS Supply.

The dancing troupe’s leader Maya Sheridan says the ABC – which ran a story in which senior government MPs attacked the move to use them at the ceremony – had used deliberately exploiting images.

Governor-general David Hurley’s office has also said it was “disappointed” the ABC story depicted him in the audience, when he was not present.

Ms Sheridan said in a statement that the ABC’s editing was “creepy” and attacked the public broadcaster’s depiction of the event.

96. Dr Faustus says:

You might need to shave first. Your face; anywhere else probably won’t matter.

Not at all.
    A bit a rugged designer stubble goes down a treat.

97. custard says:

I see Gargoolery is still hurt that I blocked him on Twatter. LOL

98. Leigh Lowe says:

Rockdoctor.
    I can think of an example not relating to rivers but the sea.
    Down at Portsea there is a public path along the clifftop which the residents try desparately to give the appearance of being private property. They don’t fence it off, but mysteriously a perfectly manicured garden has a rambling hedge intruding on the path.
    Dan Xi-man’s bestie, Lindsay Focks, even built a pool encroaching on the public pathway.

99. Top Ender says:

Tom Flannery gets a thrashing over at Quadrant for being a doom merchant. The writers of a paper went a-collecting end of times prophecies:

Rode and Fischbeck collected 79 “apocalyptic” disaster projections since 1970. They found that, in 48 cases, the predicted disaster dates have passed into history and it seems no doom occurred.

Flannery gets four mentions. Wot an achievement!

100. calli says:

The ABC would never exploit anyone for a story. They are our public broadcaster and can be trusted implicitly.

Shame on those indigenettes for such a horrid claim.

And we know Hurley is a shape shifter and time traveller, so he was there during the dance.

101. Knuckle Dragger says:

‘I had it narrowed down to Bernie Madoff, Bernie Taupin or Bernie Sanders.’

Was going for Bernie Quinlan myself. Superboot would never do anything bad.

102. Shy Ted:

Teslizard. Just gross.

She’d actually be a bit of orright – after several decent feeds and drinks.

103. Rex Anger says:

(Dramatic descending chord)

104. Knuckle Dragger says:

‘So two activist priests?’

There’s another one in the Woomba. Apparently. Tells anti-conservative jokes during services to ‘get a good laugh’.

Or so some would have you believe.

105. rickw says:

2021 Toyota Mirai: Australia’s first hydrogen car on sale to the public ‘within a couple of years’
    As soon as enough refuelling points are installed

Should have been called Toyota Mushroom (or Hiroshima or Nagasaki), the visual from the first accident where the tank or its fittings let go.

106. Rex Anger says:

Is a Mirai like a Miata?

107. feelthebern says:

The ABC went full Godfrey Jones Rock Bottom.
    Hurley, your silence only incriminates you more.

108. rickw says:

In what parallel universe did this seem like a good idea to anyone?!

We surely must be close to peak stupid, although in fairness, no stripper poles were involved, which is the logical next step.

109. rickw says:

The stacking of SCOTUS is about to start….

They’re going to have to shoot their way out of this….

110. Dr Faustus says:

Scott Morrison offers to meet with them “anywhere anytime”.

111. Rockdoctor says:

LL, just checked so far definitely exists on Goulburn River and some others apparently. Yikes they are now going to allow camping in these areas? That’s just a recipe for disaster, a lot of landholders apparently are ignorant of the laws allowing public access but as expected a large number of the public are equally ignorant of their responsibilities to be a good visitor and common courtesy.

Reckon a few will be reacquainted with rock salt buckshot or a paddock with angry bulls before long…

112. feelthebern says:

Can someone at Sky splice in some footage of Hurley wearing different clobber?
    And a clock in the background that moves forwards & backwards as the splicing is to bad?

113. Roger says:

Scott Morrison offers to meet with them “anywhere anytime”.

🤣

114. Steve trickler says:

The filth at CNN reckon they helped get Trump booted out of office. BS! Voter fraud did that with more and more evidence surfacing daily.

So what happens now to the CNN Technical Director?

This needs to happen in Australia. Starting with the ABC.

James O’Keefe joins Sean Hannity on Fox News to discuss Project Veritas’ new #ExposeCNN​ bombshell 9:41

CNN Director Charlie Chester ADMITS CNN Coverage of Congressman Matt Gaetz Is ‘Propaganda’0:59

PART 2: CNN Director Reveals That Network Practices ‘Art of Manipulation’ to ‘Change The World’ 9:44

115. Dr Faustus says:

The stacking of SCOTUS is about to start….
    They’re going to have to shoot their way out of this….

The USA was a good product.
    Now the New Coke of National governance.

116. Pedro the Loafer says:

I missed your post last night Mayfly. Apologies.

I acquired a couple of Dorpers mainly to keep down the growth in my acre or so back paddock. They do very well at this, the paddock is looking remarkably like a well mown bowling green.

They don’t need much looking after, but are buggers at finding weak links in fences and knocking them down. I finally got fed up with repairing fences and re-fenced the whole paddock with steel post and ringlock. It now resembles Stalag Luft 3 for sheep.

They are also black hearted evil beasts who have evolved into a highly skilled leg butting tag team. Approach with caution.

117. feelthebern says:

The ABC editing the ship launch footage.

118. Dot et al:
    Can someone tell me what this means in terms of inflation?
    US Money Supply M3.
    An increase in money supply of $3Trillion in 12 months doesn’t fill me with confidence…
    US Money Supply M1

119. Leigh Lowe says:

calli says:

April 15, 2021 at 12:40 pm

If anyone in the Federal Libs had an ounce of attack dog in them (yeah, I know) they would give the ABC a merciless kicking about that editing until they find out who did it and why.
    Go the full KKK or k d wong.
    “I find it simply not credible that this could edited in such a way without it being a deliberate attempt to smear the GG.”

120. Old School Conservative:

Twerking is a highly sexualised dance and has no place in a formal ceremony.

OK, I’m an old fuddy duddy. I can’t watch twerking. And the best word I can think for it is ‘unseemly’.
    *shrugs*

121. Geriatric Mayfly says:

As the author also notes about his hero Dorper, Horatio. ‘While he could do no wrong as a young buck, he grew increasingly aggressive. These days he chases me around, reminding me of the fiesta when I ran the bulls at Pamplona – and my thoughts are turning to mint sauce.’

122. feelthebern says:

Winston, it means you should party like it’s 1999.

123. Leigh Lowe says:

Knuckle Dragger says:

April 15, 2021 at 12:48 pm

‘So two activist priests?’

Haven’t been any reports of that since I e-mailed a complaint to HQ.

124. feelthebern says:

Love is love.

125. Geriatric Mayfly:

I think the evolutionary process was responsible. The tooth would make a puncture, and normal snake mouth bugs would get into the wound, then a groove developed to allow quicker withdrawal, like a bayonet.
    The more potent mouth flora gave a better result in killing, and the channel in the back of the tooth eventually closed to the current hollow shape.
    The initial rotting mouth flora gave way to specialised proteins like blood thinners, muscle destroyers etc.
    Each new step had an evolutionary advantage that drove sophistication.
    That’s my understanding of the process anyway.

126. feelthebern says:

How many votes did that pharisee Bower get when he ran for public office?

127. Geriatric Mayfly says:

It’ll be a test of strength there. Fished it remorselessly back in the day with only one major problem. However, the arrival of the hobby/absentee farmers and expansive pressure from anglers has in many cases led to a confused standoff. This can be further exacerbated by the existence of surveyed (but unmade) roads to a frontage which should grant access at least on foot, but are padlocked with prejudice.

128. feelthebern says:

Also did he meet the minimum threshold where you get taxpayer funding for each vote?
    Like busted arse Rob Oakeshott did when he’s run in recent times?

129. Nick says:

Speaking of shitty TV, anyone know the name of Magda’s new show ?
    I’m thinking of contacting Ch 9 to say not only will I not be watching it, I’ll contact advertisers to exclude my business from them

130. Spurgeon Monkfish III says:

Given the out of control idiocy infecting our beloved armed farces, my first reaction last night was laughter – surprise never even entered into considerations.

131. caveman says:

As long as there is a place to dump it , like equities .
    Have to agree with the above, you gotta fight for your right to Paaaaarrrrrty!

132. DrBeauGan says:

OK, I’m an old fuddy duddy. I can’t watch twerking.

I can force myself if they’re attractive chicks. I’m tough.

133. Spurgeon Monkfish III says:

Speaking of shitty TV, anyone know the name of Magda’s new show ? I’m thinking of contacting Ch 9

No and didn’t someone above state it was on Ten, not Nein?

134. feelthebern says:

No and didn’t someone above state it was on Ten, not Nein?

Magda so big she spills over onto two networks.

135. Nick says:

10? Ok. I just caught the name up thread. The weakest link

136. Geriatric Mayfly says:

Thanks Winston. Millions of years to perfect something is a hard concept to grasp in the age of- ‘When do we want it?’ However, the above does interest me. Grandmother used to opine, when I bore witness of a goanna sighting, “Don’t get bitten, it will take seven years to heal.” Being clawed to death didn’t seem to enter the equation.

137. Shy Ted says:

Nick says: April 15, 2021 at 1:30 pm
    Speaking of shitty TV, anyone know the name of Magda’s new show ?

Word on the grapevine is it’s to be called Big Sister.

138. Nick says:

Nope, it is 9

Nine has now confirmed a new season of The Weakest Link, as rumoured by TV Tonight.

BBC Studios Australia and New Zealand, led by director of production Kylie Washington, will produce the series in Melbourne for Nine.

Nine head of content, production and development Adrian Swift said in a statement: “Weakest Link is one of the world’s most loved and enduring quiz formats. It’s not just about what you know, but also knowing who’s your biggest threat and when to bank your winnings. We are very proud to have the new Weakest Link here on Nine.”

A host is yet to be confirmed (…Magda Szubanski the hot tip).

139. feelthebern says:

Awww yeah.
    Biden’s getting the Ukraine Grift band back together.

NEWS ALERT
    U.S. to Sanction Russia, Expel Diplomats Over Alleged Election Interference, Hacking

The Biden administration will impose a range of retaliatory measures against Russia on Thursday in response to Moscow’s alleged election interference, a widespread hacking campaign and other malign activity, according to people familiar with the matter.

140. Dot says:

I thought it was Brie Cheese racing.

141. feelthebern says:

Considering there is zero proof of Russian hacking (as proven by Taibbi, Greenwald & highlighted by Jimmy Dore) will twitter etc tag anything on the subject as “mis-information”?

142. feelthebern says:

LOL, Magda one of the Master Chef judges.

Nohm, nohm, nohm.

143. feelthebern says:

Magda: I would have given your dish a 10, but it needed more gravy.

Contestant: But it was a fruit parfait.

144. feelthebern says:

Sinc, please bad mh for linking to a Cardi B clip.

145. Rex Anger says:

OK, I’m an old fuddy duddy. I can’t watch twerking.

I can force myself if they’re attractive chicks. I’m tough.

Anybody wanna go back and face the peril? 🤪

/ht Monty Python

146. Rex Anger says:

@ mh-

The only time a ‘Wet Ass P***y’ is ever acceptable to the Navy, is when the Ship’s Cat falls in…

147. Spurgeon Monkfish III says:

Nein has now confirmed a new season of The Weakest Link

I’m going to go out on a limb here* and predict it will be an unmitigated ratings disaster.

*No Magda, do not attempt to do the same.

148. Geriatric Mayfly says:

Fashion’s queen’ farewelled in Sydney

Picture at the Oz of a celeb in attendance, one J. Bishop. Shoulders bared with considerable daring, and some feathery arrangement obscuring her décolletage.

149. feelthebern says:

Prediction.
    Magda is removed from the weakest link reboot.
    Goes back to mooching off the tax payer via the ABC.

150. Nick says:

Fashion’s queen’ farewelled in Sydney

Bernard King is dead ?

151. Spurgeon Monkfish III says:
  152. Speedbox says:

mh says:
    April 15, 2021 at 1:41 pm

Good Lord!

153. feelthebern says:

Bernard King is dead ?

& gay too, Nick.
    Who would have thunk it?

154. jupes says:

The only ‘crime’ committed here, and in the whole stupid saga involving the Brereton report, is that they allowed photos to be taken. Stupid beyond belief.

Also in that article, linked to above by TE, is a quote from Angus Campbell. He states that EVERYONE who ever drank at the Fat Lady’s Arms in Afghanistan should be sacked. That is every single member of SASR who deployed to Afghanistan between 2005 and 2013!

Why not just disband the Regiment and be done with it you sanctimonious pillock?

155. Rex Anger says:

A scene from a RAN condolences book signing …

But…but… I though that was a meme! 🤪

156. jupes says:

A scene from a RAN condolences book signing …

The one on the left looks like she’s straining.

157. thefrollickingmole says:

Ive been watching the weirdest car wreck of a movie ever over the last week or so.

Its in the “so bad i cant stop watching” category.

A few random snippets.
    Kid magician in circus.
    Mum is a religious zealot for a heretical saint of a woman with no arms.
    Dads a fat letch.
    New tarttoed lady (yes thats a deliberate spelling) seduces dad.
    Mum catches them, dumps acid on dads dick and dad cuts off her arms.
    Did i mention the tartooed ladys deaf mute daughter… never mind.
    Then walks out and cuts his own throat in front of the kid.
    Who has a dwarf friend… never mind again.
    Fast forward and kid is now a man, naked perched on a tree inside an insane asylum..
    Mums outside.
    He escapes.
    Becomes her arms, standing behind her, playing piano etc.
    Invite skank back to house.
    Throw knives at her after you hypnotize her, have flashbacks to Tartooed lady having the same done by dad, which you didnt see.
    Mum catches them
    Oh no mum finds out, gets you to kill her.
    You paint her white and bury her.
    Deaf mute is wandering round doing rando things for no reason
    Magician sees wrestling with a tranny wrestler
    Invites back for private magic show after not at all creepily approaching he/she in the shower and it lets him pay with its bolt ons.
    The bloody dwarf is there again.

There is 20 minutes to go, surely something will happen which makes sense??

Oh and everybody sings in Spanish but talks in english.
    Santa Sangre

158. H B Bear says:

The Old Man had dorpers on his place near Morawa. I think his neighbours thought he was a bit strange. They laugh at what passes as fencing in this country.

159. Geriatric Mayfly says:

Another skittle in the air for Ita. How many can she juggle?

160. thefrollickingmole says:

I thought it was Brie Cheese racing.

Internal brie cheese racing….

They are miniaturizing the cameras now.

161. H B Bear says:

mole – sounds like any Festival of Perth outdoor cinema.

162. Shy Ted says:

If Magda is going to host a game show she’ll need a catchphrase. I suggest, “Is anyone going to eat that last cake?”

163. calli says:

I thought you were describing Parliament House for a moment there TFM.

Too tame though.

164. Geriatric Mayfly says:

The Old Man had dorpers on his place near Morawa. They laugh at what passes as fencing in this country.

That Kenyan farmer/author would know better. He indicated that hyena are very fond of a Sunday leg of lamb – raw.

165. Bons says:

What the!
    Who ever decided that the Peutrid Blob was a ‘comedienne’.
    What has she ever done that was funny.
    Waddle on parts in K&K were absurd, but in no way funny.
    Next they will be suggesting that that other undeserving recipient of ABC grants to lefties, Harmer, is a comedienne.

166. From the Gateway Pundit:
    More Black on Asian violence.
    The black community needs to start dealing with this issue. There will be a backlash.

167. Rex Anger says:

I made a comment yesterday jupes, that our greaters and betters have effectively declared ‘decrompression’ a crime for political purposes.

So there is no longer permitted any horseplay, pranks, unsanctioned levity or ‘dicking around’ to release the extreme tensions built up through operational service, and even the gruelling conditions and frustrations of field exercises, or even the rougher vagaries of barracks life.

Looking back on it, I remember in my ARES time between 2006 and 2012, the Brass were trying to make themselves look good by cracking down on what they deemed an ‘alcohol culture,’ or words to that effect. It then graduated into the usual tropes of misogyny and so forth. And has now graduated into warcrimes.

Rudyard Kipling’s Tommy has never been more timeless or angrily impassioned…

(We aren’t no thin red ‘eroes, nor we aren’t no blackguards too,
    But single men in barricks, most remarkable like you;
    An’ if sometimes our conduck isn’t all your fancy paints,
    Why, single men in barricks don’t grow into plaster saints;

168. Lodger from Oz says:

Look you bastards. I haven’t checked in here for a few days. Last time I was here, there was no sign of numbers and all was right with the world (sort of). My scrolling finger had almost returned to full utility. Now he’s back. Somebody has stuffed up big time and I want a Royal Commission into how it fr1gg1ng happened. In closing, I’ll just add: WTF?

169. Rex Anger says:

@ Jupes-

Unrelated, but Hotham Valley intends to start Steam Rangers on the 2nd of May.

Weather and Dwellingup Shire-permitting.

170. Rex Anger says:

Bob was not lined up and smote as a Collaborator.

Turns out he either took a holiday or got bored.

Not our fault.

171. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

Remaining Aussie troops to leave Afghanistan

Scott Morrison has confirmed Australia’s remaining troops in Afghanistan will depart the country by September after US President Joe Biden announced an end to the almost 20-year long war.

The Prime Minister said Australia had been reducing its military presence in Australia over the past two years.

“In line with the United States and other allies and partners, the last remaining Australian troops will depart Afghanistan in September 2021,” he said in Perth.

“The decision represents a significant milestone in Australia’s military history.”

The Department of Defence figures show there are about 80 troops remaining in Afghanistan.

“Over the last 20 years has been a steadfast contributor to the fight against terrorism in Afghanistan,’’ Mr Morrison said. “Australia has fought alongside coalition and Afghan partners to degrade the capabilities of terrorist organisations.”

A teary-eyed Mr Morrison paid tribute to the 41 Australian soldiers who had lost their lives while serving in Afghanistan.

“Many were wounded, some physically, others mentally and we’ll be dealing with the scars, both mentally and physically, of their service for many years,” he said.

Making the announcement, Mr Morrison read out the names of the 41 soldiers on Australia’s honour roll who lost their lives “for the sake of freedom.”

“This loss is great. The sacrifice is immense, the bravery and courage are things we speak of but not know of personally. These brave Australians are amongst our greatest ever.”

Mr Morrison said today was dedicated to the memories of the 41 soldiers who lost their lives.

“We think of their families, their friends, the life they would have lived. But they gave that for others they did not know.”

“We can be so proud of them, of their service. We’re so proud of them, of their service.”

172. pete m says:

ADF ad just on

Discover your GAP year.

173. Geriatric Mayfly says:

Now he’s back.

Small mercies. Not fully recharged. I mentioned the V word this morning and still await the galvanic reaction.

174. Mother Lode says:

Bernard King is dead?

I know.

Roger Moore texted me.

175. From The Gateway Pundit:
    The Location of the 2020 Election Audit of Maricopa County’s Results Is Now Set – The World is Watching Arizona
    The O’Biden/Harris administration needs to get moving on expanding the USSC – otherwise it may just decide to say to hell with it and nullify the election.

176. calli says:

Magda was funny on Fast Forward. Lots of great characters – Chenille, Lynne, Mary McGregor, Michelle. And very, very good in Babe.

I don’t know what’s happened, apart from getting older and grumpier, and perhaps the work has dried up.

On Weakest Link, Cornelia Frances will be hard to beat for deadpan snark.

177. Rex Anger says:

Bernard King is dead?

I know.

Roger Moore texted me.

Crap.

First the Getaway Driver, now the Financier.

WD40’s global operations are imperilled…

178. Spurgeon Monkfish III says:

Oh f*ck off, you foul hypocritical deadshit.

179. From the Gateway Pundit:
    Investigative journalist James O’Keefe joined Sean Hannity on Tuesday night following his devastating expose’ on CNN and their top director admitting on video that the Most Trusted Name in News was lying to Americans and actively working to remove President Trump from office.

180. Infidel Tiger King says:

Did he say that through a mandatory mask, whilst being socially distanced and banned from entering his workplace?

Afghanistan being about freedom is the biggest load of manure I have ever heard. No one knows why we were there, are there, or ever went there. Not one person.

181. feelthebern says:

Robert Palmer has also passed.
    Hopefully Gladys will offer a state funeral to his family.

182. Geriatric Mayfly says:

Beg pardon. At least two were on a mission, with a slight detour via Guantanamo.

183. feelthebern says:

No one knows why we were there, are there, or ever went there. Not one person.

Because of the Rothschild’s ?

184. John of Mel says:

Scott Morrison offers to meet with them “anywhere anytime”.

He invited a few male advisors to join him for this meeting, but according to sources they declined since it’s the girls dance group.

185. Zyconoclast says:

From the Gateway Pundit:
    More Black on Asian violence.

Backslash from…?

I think the victims need to call it out for what it is.
    If the victims continue supporting BLM and denouncing white supremacy then they have no one else to blame but themselves.

186. Mother Lode says:

And next week he will look on with magisterial impartiality as their mates are accused of a string of war crimes which are being referred to an ADF star chamber, the AFP, and the MSM.

The ATO will be applying to join in as well because it is not just about money any more but a bloody appetite – ‘red in tooth and claw with ravine’.

187. feelthebern says:

Good point.
    Have any of the 41 deceased been named in that holiest of holies, the Brereton report?
    If so, their families should be billed for all costs of bringing them home.

188. jupes says:

Whilst simultaneously persecuting their mates back in Australia.

189. jupes says:

@ Jupes-

Unrelated, but Hotham Valley intends to start Steam Rangers on the 2nd of May.

Thanks mate. Are you on the roster?

190. Infidel Tiger King says:

Read a stat yesterday that 5% of US deaths in Shitholistan were from their “new friends” they were training.

191. Carpe Jugulum says:

OK, I’m an old fuddy duddy. I can’t watch twerking.

I will take one for the team, don’t thank me, I’m a people person.

192. 1735099 says:

Turns out he either took a holiday or got bored.

Life is a holiday.
    That’s the only perk of “retirement”.
    The “got bored” bit is accurate.
    Catallaxy has a striking resemblance to this most days.

193. Snoopy says:

pete m says:
    April 15, 2021 at 2:09 pm
    ADF ad just on

Hey baby dolls! Discover your GAP year rear.

Fixed

194. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

The “West Australian” is running a series on “Blak (sic) Deaths in Custody.” They’ve led off with the John Pat case – carefully avoiding any mention that one of the five cops, charged with his manslaughter, was an Aboriginal police aide. They’re also repeating the old furphy that Aborigines never had full citizenship, including drinking rights, until 1967…

195. Top Ender says:

Afghanistan…No one knows why we were there, are there, or ever went there. Not one person.

C’mon man!

David Hicks knew.

(Last heard of as a landscape gardener in Adelaide)

196. Infidel Tiger King says:

Hicksy was okay. He loved big titted wenches and travel.

Pretty Oz bloke all things considered.

197. feelthebern says:

I’m surprised it isn’t David Hicks OAM by now.

198. Infidel Tiger King says:

I’m surprised it isn’t David Hicks OAM by now.

Too right wing and not a poofter.

199. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

I’m surprised it isn’t David Hicks OAM by now.

Safe Greens seat somewhere…

200. Mater says:

Life is a holiday.
    That’s the only perk of “retirement”.
    The “got bored” bit is accurate.
    Catallaxy has a striking resemblance to this most days.

Good comment, Bob.
    I’m going to give your blog a click from the United Arabs Emirates, as a reward.

Did you get it? Your “Golf” thread!

201. Arky says:

Somethings dried up.
    Not sure it’s the work.

202. old bloke says:

Rex Anger says:
    April 15, 2021 at 2:07 pm

@ Jupes-

Unrelated, but Hotham Valley intends to start Steam Rangers on the 2nd of May.

Weather and Dwellingup Shire-permitting.

Rex, I took my kids on the HVR many years ago, they ran a service from Perth to Pinjarra (diesel) then steam to Dwellingup. Are they limited to just puffing around Dwellingup these days?

They also used to have a Perth to Bridgetown service with an overnight stay in Bridgetown, is that still happening?

203. The Barking Toad says:

Somethings dried up.

Can’t get a sister to go down.

204. Rex Anger says:

Thanks mate. Are you on the roster?

Not yet. Well, for the Steam Rangers anyway.

But there is plenty of desire amongst the steam guys to get me passed. And I certainly want to get things sorted out this season.

Just completed their safeworking theory exam, and have a DA practical assessment scheduled at the end of May. Then I am all good to start training and potentially pass out as Fireman, Diesel-Electric Driver and hopefully sneak in Steam Driver by September/October.

205. feelthebern says:

I was reminded of a filthy, horrific, scarring story today by a former colleague.
    It was also hilarious.
    I’ll post after 10pm EST after the little ones have gone to bed.

206. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

Hicksy was okay. He loved big titted wenches

Anything to do with Leigh Sales writing his biography?

207. Mitch M. says:

Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:
    April 15, 2021 at 2:37 pm

In 2017–18 there were 72 deaths in prison custody (see Table B1), two fewer than in 2016–17 (Table C1). The death rate also decreased from 0.18 to 0.17 per 100 prisoners (see Figure 1). Despite these small reductions, the death rate remained consistent with the average for the previous decade (0.17 per 100 for 2007–08 to 2016–17).

In 2017–18 there were 16 Indigenous deaths in prison custody (see Table B1), accounting for 22 percent of all deaths during the financial year. Comparatively, Indigenous prisoners make up 28 percent (n=11,849) of the Australian prison population (ABS 2018). The death rate of Indigenous prisoners was 0.14 per 100 prisoners in 2017–18. Both the number (n=16; see Table C2) and rate (0.14 per 100; see Table C5) of Indigenous deaths in prison custody were consistent with the previous year

208. Speedbox says:

Robert Palmer.

Somebody had to do it…..

209. Rex Anger says:

HVR stopped doing mainline tours in the late 90s and early 2000s, old bloke. The Public Liability Insurance costs were woefully high and the organisation nearly went bankrupt.

The process of rationalisation required ops to shrink down to Etmilyn-Dwellingup-Isandra.

There have been some cross-purchases and consolidation of the old WAGR wooden-bodied rolling stock from the old Pemberton Tramway up to Pinjarra,woth the intent to restore them and use them in preference to the South African steel carriages presently in use.

W class steam engines are only permitted 120 tons up the hill from Isandra to Dwellingup, so an economic load of 5-6 cars (42 tons each) requires a bank engine. The WAGR cars tare at about 30-35 tons each, and are mostly ex-suburban stock. So you get more bums for your tonnage.

210. The Barking Toad says:

Well done Speedbox – a classic with foxy ladies.

No Magdas or fat arsed twerkers in that clip.

211. Dr Faustus says:

China to hold live-fire drills off Taiwan as US delegation visits island

Chinese naval forces will start live-fire exercises off Taiwan just hours after an unofficial US delegation arrived on the self-ruled island.

China announced the six-day military drills will begin on Thursday in waters off Taiwan’s south-west coast.

At least Dribblin’ Joe has put China back in its box.
    Looks like we won’t need the Frogmarines after all.

212. Speedbox says:

The Barking Toad says:
    April 15, 2021 at 3:05 pm

Yeah, some smokin’ hot babes in that clip. Checked back and the song is from 1988. The clip I posted has had nearly 31 million views. Palmer won a Grammy Award for it in 1989.

213. Terry Pedersen says:

Sure, it shows. But what about Magda?

214. Nick says:

Lol. Give him heaps from Vietnam

215. Rex Anger says:

The “got bored” bit is accurate.
    Catallaxy has a striking resemblance to this most days.

Bob, what have we told you before about Confession by Projection?

If it’s not Eric Olthwaite’s shovels and precipitation with you, it’s all about Vietnam and how terrible the kapitalistniy fascisti society you’ve successfully mooched off your entire lifetime is.

We figure Super Sunray has a soft spot for you- You’ve not been eaten by a prized Racing Vulture yet…

216. Nick says:

Ahhh Beaky and Julian

217. harrys on the boat says:

He will be stripped of all medals soon.

When did you change into a soft cock? The rose, and now this.

The man was asked to go to Afghanistan and fight. A disgrace to start with. I don’t care what he did over there to survive. But survive he did and made sure a few others made it home soon.

Numbers went to war, r a p e d kids and spied for the Viet cong, and now demands compensation.

I know who should be in court facing jail.

218. Nick says:

I await Bob’s denunciation that BRS deliberately slept with local prostitutes. Oh wait.

219. Tintarella di Luna says:

Credlin also likes to give a platform to hysterical screechers like Nina Funnell, Hetty Johnston and Grace Tame.

Yep — all of whom are not very reliable with respect to what women want — Nina Funnell is the activist in chief who wants to do away with the rule of law when it comes to claims of sexual misconduct on university campuses, her acolyte/puppet is the graceless Grace Tame (Hmmm) and Hetty Johnson ran for the Labor party as a political candidate and has only ever sought personal aggrandisement through her activism.

220. Tintarella di Luna says:

Robert Palmer.

Somebody had to do it…..

And just for the eye-candy and in the interest of equity.

221. Rafe Champion says:

Shame on you Tinta, talk about Satan finding work for idle hands!
    But thanks anyway.

222. Nick says:

hysterical screechers like Nina Funnell, Hetty Johnston and Grace Tame.

These are joke names surely? They would make excellent character names as scolds or gossips in a small town

223. Ian says:

Joe out for 20 big score for him, done by big Josh

224. JC says:

This is a country with zero environmental problems if this is the main topic of their agenda.

Move to compost kitchen scraps
    The development of a nationwide scheme enabling household kitchen scraps to be converted into compost for farmers will be a key agenda item for environment ministers.

Unfuckingreal.

225. Notafan says:

Household kitchen scraps to create a plague of rats.

These morons never get to “unintended consequences’

226. Notafan says:

Names straight out of Salem.

227. Bar Beach Swimmer says:

Hicksy was okay

Hicks was a terrorist sympathiser and a terrorist. No amount of being “just one of the boys but perhaps a bit misunderstood” will clean his slate.

228. Bons says:

I didn’t realise that Magda was in Babe. I only recall Gargoyle.

229. Rafe Champion says:

Nice call JC!
    Of course we do have environmental problems, mostly created by Greens and RE installations.
    Recycling is a good one, take glass for example, only a fraction of glass collected for recycling is actually suitable for that purpose and most of it is stored in warehouses because it is not allowed to go into landfill!

230. feelthebern says:

Hicks was a terrorist sympathiser and a terrorist.

But Dick Smith said he was a good bloke.

231. Bruce of Newcastle says:

Move to compost kitchen scraps

Composting is a ritual that is holy to Gaia. This has been the case ever since the founder of Earth Day composted his girlfriend.

232. Nick says:

I didn’t realise that Magda was in Babe

Duh. Where do you think they got the talking pig from ?

233. Rex Anger says:

Comrade Goolag says I am too young to watch, Gunner.

#MuchSad

#VeryWow

234. Bar Beach Swimmer says:

jupes says:
    April 15, 2021 at 2:29 pm

Whilst simultaneously persecuting their mates back in Australia

hypocrisy of the worst kind.

235. old bloke says:

That’s a pity, public liability insurance costs are making Australia a boring place to live.

236. Rockdoctor says:

The Asians I remember from the ’90’s in Melbourne didn’t muck around. Mainly sons of Viet refugees and were battling skinheads. Knives & machetes as well as swarming numbers were a favoured tactic. Remember a few venues around Richmond used to have the Asian only nights that people used to whine about racismm yadda yadda and all that. Me screw that, I had no wish to go near the places. They always featured after after some one/gang went all butchers shop in the early hours with kitchen utensils.

Be interesting to see if the community is that hardened and ready to battle the same anymore. I reckon the newer generations wouldn’t.

237. feelthebern says:

Dot, it happened.

238. Bar Beach Swimmer says:

But Dick Smith said he was a good bloke

Bern, it seems he also supported Bob Brown not to be declared bankrupt, which would have lost him his Senate seat as well as having supported a carbon tax, which shows that Smith’s choices have been doozies at times.

People can convince themselves of the most stupid things – even supposedly smart people.

From Wikipedia:

Smith, together with two others, offered to financially assist Australian Greens leader Bob Brown to satisfy a A$240,000 costs order after Brown lost an anti-logging case he brought against Forestry Tasmania.[105] A failure to pay would have resulted in Brown having to declare bankruptcy, and therefore lose his seat in the Senate.[106]

In 2011, Dick Smith expressed support for action on climate change, including the introduction of a carbon tax

239. DrBeauGan says:

Tailgunner says:
    April 15, 2021 at 4:10 pm

If you’re gonna launch a ship in front of the brass, you gotta go with Russian girls twerking.
    Everyone knows this!

It’s not porn as long as they have their undies on.

240. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

But Dick Smith said he was a good bloke.

Dick Smith reckoned David Hicks wasn’t getting a “fair go.” The fact that David Hicks was captured, entitled to none of the protections of the Geneva Convention, and could have quite legally been shot out of hand, didn’t register at all.

241. Bar Beach Swimmer says:

Zulu, +1

242. thefrollickingmole says:

Mum and dad still would.

There is an old (20 years or so) story about a chap who was unwise enough to Pape a local Viet girl and counted on his extended family and their reputation to intimidate, threaten and keep him out of jail.

Family members traveled 500+ km, tooled up and informed the bloke and his family their idea of “strength in numbers and unreasonable application of violence” wasnt actually a new tactic.
    The hospital saw a number of people who had been clumsy with doors, stairs & kitchen utensils that weekend.

And the chap responsible was almost pushed into jail by his own “friends & family” to ensure there wasnt a second visit.

243. Tintarella di Luna says:

Shame on you Tinta, talk about Satan finding work for idle hands!
    But thanks anyway.

Rafe that’s true only because I was home from work taking delivery of new appliances – wait ’til next week when I get a new oven and cooktop. Look out!