Open Forum: April 17, 2021

Just me?

2. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

Good moaning, all.

3. JC says:

Good Morning, Tony N

4. rugbyskier says:

Looks like everyone is still hanging around on the old Open Forum.

5. Whalehunt Fun says:

Morning and mourning Phil the Greek

6. Leigh Lowe says:

Air, hellair!!

7. feelthebern says:

QE Stakes today.
    $4mill on offer.
    7 runners.
    For shame ATC, for shame.

8. Leigh Lowe says:

NTD ‘bern?

9. feelthebern says:

Exactly Ree Row.
    Exotics on the big races are fun.

10. OldOzzie says:

‘Where the Hell is Joe Biden?’: VP Harris Welcomes the Prime Minister of Japan

From the Comments

China owns the occupant of the Oval Office.
    Japan was sent a message by the errand boy

11. feelthebern says:

QE Stakes is the biggest race of the Autumn Carnival.
    Should always be 8-10 starters.
    At least.

12. Rex Anger says:

Happy Saturday, all

13. Bad Samaritan says:

OK, there was a report on radio today that women in sports are much more likely to be injured (playing against other women remember) than men are. In WAFL Anterior Cruciate Ligament injuries are nine times as prevalent as in the men’s game.

In any sport which involves jumping or leaping the sheilas are having massively more lower body injuries (ankles, knees, thighs etc) than the men: this because women have wider pelvis: lower centres of gravity, and they land with knees tending to be “knocked” (ie pointing toward each other) causing twisting upon impact.

Of course, in the olden days it was well understood that sheilas were rather fragile and not so suited to men’s pursuits (involving serious physical exertion) as men are, but nowadays they can do anything, except overcome being born as sheilas!

BTW: Paying women to play sports which are clearly so dangerous for them is surely an OHS matter is it not?

14. Speedbox says:

Woo hoo. Made the team!

15. Tom says:

Something-teenth.

16. areff says:

Spell check strikes again — that and the work-experience kids at Nine.

17. Fair Shake says:

The Australian running an article on the Veterans boycotting registering for ANZAC marches.
    The comments are absolute beauties. I hope they hold true.

Cos they don’t like cold steel up em sir, they don’t like it!

18. Farmer Gez says:

Feeding sheep and listening to Mark Steyn podcasts.
    There’s something in that.

19. incoherent rambler says:

work-experience kids at Nine.

Areff. That’s a relief.

20. Herodotus says:

Harris welcomes Japanese PM.
    How come Magda didn’t think all those pictures of Biden with Harris standing darkly in the background were worthy of some snide comment like the one she trottered out for Mrs. Morrison?

21. Speedbox says:

Fair Shake says:
    April 17, 2021 at 11:08 am

Once again I ask, who advises these government dimwits. Tens of thousands will be
    allowed to go to the MCG Anzac Day football match – but only 5,000, the service people who took up arms to defended this country if needed, can march on their one day per year.

22. Rex Anger says:

Once again I ask, who advises these government dimwits.

Fools who like money more than they like freedom?

And who think history is theirs to mould as they see fit?

23. K2 says:

Of the four main chances in the seven horse Queen Elizabeth, three are European bred and Verry Eleegant is from NZ.

Then you see some shit race for two-year olds at Caulfield called “The Showdown” with a $1,000,000 purse.

The Australian breeding industry is an embarrassment.

24. Ooh Honey Honey says:

Serious question re the obsession that Kevin Rudd and many others display constantly and mindlessly with how evil the ‘Murdoch Press’ is. Can anyone explain its genesis? Was it Chomsky’s ‘Manufacturing Consent’? Did it come from John Thompson’s ‘Ideology and Modern Culture’? Was there some other clear historical event that converted ‘The Murdoch Press’ into a rallying cry for every Marxist whinger? TIA

25. Roger says:

Personally, I haven’t forgiven Rupert for endorsing Gough in 1972.

Evil.

26. Mitch M. says:

I should not read this stuff just after waking up because it makes me furious. Family violence against aboriginal women – it is whitey’s fault don’t you know!

27. dopey says:

Murdoch backed Whitlam as a modernizer, then turned against him severely. Leftists have despised him ever since.

28. Ooh Honey Honey says:

Thanks Dopey that’s a good lead…

29. johanna says:

It’s just the Alinsky thing of personalising and freezing your opposition.

Hardly any media organisations have a recognisable human figurehead these days, so the nonagerian Rupert is the straw man du jour for leftists. They especially hate that he has been so extraordinarily successful in building his empire across the world. Must be a baddie.

I doubt that it bothers him, or ever did.

30. Cassie of Sydney says:

“His woke, meathead sons will oversee the decline in classic third generation fashion.”

You’re probably right….and particularly with uber progressive moron James Murdoch and his wife. However I’ll give kudos to Lachlan Murdoch who is standing up for Tucker Carlson. There’s a concerted effort going on to boot get Tucker Carlson off the airwaves….accusing him of all manner of nonsense and lies…such as anti-Semitism. I suspect that Lachlan understands that if Tucker goes…Fox goes.

31. Steve trickler says:

Careful. This might stick in your head for days….or not. Swigging a bottle of ouzo might burn the synapses away. I am scratching my head trying to remember that last time I heard it.

I blame Whalehunt Fun for triggering my memory.

1973.

😛

Demis Roussos-Forever And Ever (lyrics) HQ Audio

32. Lurcio says:

OldOzzie says:
    April 17, 2021 at 10:35 am
    ‘Where the Hell is Joe Biden?’: VP Harris Welcomes the Prime Minister of Japan

Stackja might know for sure, but isn’t sending a Woman to greet a personage a grave insult in Japan?

33. Steve trickler says:

IF you are bored shitless with the crap on TV I suggest you to take a look. Raw as you can get.

IF the ABC did something like this, they would probably have the foreign correspondent, camera and sound guy shack up in a plush hotel room, rent a helicopter to get to the village and deliver us the usual agenda driven bullshit that we have been accustomed too. All on the taxpayer credit card.

It is worth nothing how healthy the tribe is.

Part 1. 40:51

TANZANIA, TANGANYIKA: I used to wonder what it’d be like to live in a pre-industrial revolution style community without electricity, running water or even showers and bathrooms. Would I be able to adjust? Could I live without my cell-phone? Double Whooper’s? The internet? A kitchen? An actual floor? Ability to see inside my house after sunset?

Never really thinking I’d get the opportunity to try this out I’d stopped running this thought experiment until I actually got the chance here in Tanganyika to live this out in real life.

Granted the first couple of days I sort of eased myself into it as I still had to treck into the nearest ‘town’ (if you can even call it that) to get my tribal outfit sorted and stock up on drinking water. For there they have some of the conveniences of modern life such as restaurants selling chapatis and shops selling fabrics.

They also have, I quickly found out, several Gongo cafes…. which called for a good old Harald Investigates before I truly attempted to adjust to a remote Masai tribal lifestyle.

I joined an African tribe 🇹🇿

Part 2. 51:08

TANZANIA, TANGANYIKA: For the Masai tribes, cows are the spice of life that underpins their very existence. In fact cows are money. It’s a means of facilitating trade and it’s also a store of value. The Masai tribes therefore go to great lengths to keep their herds well feed and healthy. Said task is the men’s job. The women do basically everything else.

Around 9AM everyday most of the men in the tribe wander out to find the best grassing fields for their herds. They stay with them all day and don’t return until sunset roughly 10 hours later.

This morning I joined them for the very first leg of said journey as I was eager to visit a family of Swahili sharecroppers who’d built a make-shift scrapyard style tent in a cornfield they were tending to on the route the Masai wander out on.

We’d stopped there the day before to fry up some corn-cobs but discovered that not only maize was growing in their field…..

Cornfield Man’s Wild Home Tanzania 🇹🇿

34. Steve trickler says:

…It is worth noting

35. min says:

Grand daughter volunteered medical services there a few years ago and spent a week living in a Masai village wth appalling facilities , bathroom was a plastic bucket on cement floor . Mobile medical clinics held under a tree where women brought their children for attention . The van broke down on way back to camp in middle of nowhere When asked if she was afraid as there is plenty of wildlife there she said not until the vultures arrived . Eventually rescued of course.

36. Nick says:

If they were gay, they could pretty much do as they like

37. Steve trickler says:

The RSL needs to come out and tell VicPol to f!ck off in a very public manner. I’d be happy for current serving members of the military to roll up and beat
    the shit out of any VicPol officer that even lays a finger on a War Veteran.

[email protected] em.

——-

A glimmer of hope out of Canada.

Remember Your Oath: Retired police inspector urges use of discretion for COVID enforcement

38. Notafan says:

Let them wear pink.

39. jupes says:

I would guess that it was nothing more than the Murdoch press pointing out the flaws in Krudd’s hopeless government and maybe recommending that they should vote for the Libs in his last election.

40. mh says:

I suspect that Lachlan understands that if Tucker goes…Fox goes.

Lachlan wouldn’t know jack.
    Rupert had to get back in there to try and sort out the mess following the Fox ratings collapse.

41. The old open fred must feel so much more comfortable than this one

42. lotocoti says:

“Nine pulsating minutes without a score.” Has to be the ultimate comment on the AWFL not-so-grand final.

43. Steve trickler says:

Scroll alert for CAT regulars. I posted this a while back so you might have already seen it. For those haven’t, enjoy.

Probably the best F-16 cockpit footage available on the NET. Believe me, I have checked.😎 Keep an eye on the G meter. He tops out over 9….certainly pushing the performance envelope. I wonder if words were spoken from his superiors after that?

Big screen TV and sound system certainly help.

8:01.

F-16 Fighter Jet – Crazy Unique Cockpit Video – Airventure 2018

44. lotocoti says:

I wonder if words were spoken from his superiors after that?

Possibly not.
    The great Neptunus Lex on F16s and overstress.

45. Steve trickler says:

Cheers, lotocoti. 11 g’s! Wow.

46. Bons says:

Someone OT mentioned the French soldiers going to war in taxis. It is a great story.
    Brilliant improvisation by General Gallieni when he detected that Von Kluck had kindly presented his army’s flank to the Paris garrison. Gallieni had to get his soldiers onto the Marne tout suite, certainly more rapidly than marching would allow.
    Lots of argument about who came up with the idea, but Gallieni sized upon it and it was implemented very rapidly.
    To a man the Paris taxi drivers volunteered. They were told to record their milage and incredibly, were paid in full.

47. Steve trickler says:

CAT farmers will probably have a chuckle….no doubt Helen would.

For the rest of us, when is the last time you have looked up and seen the spiral arm
    of the Milky Way?

The Church – Under The Milky Way

48. kaysee says:

Troops withdrawal: Trump vs Xiden

This thread shows a great comparison of the left wing media bias.

49. kaysee says:

Lost Voice Guy with unique comedy routine
    Auditions | BGT 2018 (4:16)

50. Steve trickler says:

More from the White Demon🤣

TANZANIA, TANGANYIKA: Twice a month the Masai tribes gather at a huge regional market which sells everything from livestock to tribal clothes and farming equipment. There’s also an epic food section at this market which specializes in the freshest beef BBQ I’ve ever seen. No joke! The skin of the cow is literally on the ground next to the bonfire.

The main objective with this tribal market shopping spree was to get myself a more comfortable Masai outfit to wear in my village and to purchase a premium sized goat so the whole tribe could get some much needed proteins in their diet for at least one day. Since all they eat is Ugali, a mixture of Maize and water, with some leaves added into the mix, everyone were really excited when I told them about my goat BBQ plans.

So off went in search of the fattest goat in sight… my plans however were quickly, albeit only temporarily, scuttled when I spotted the hottest goat I’ve seen since Don Jr. My prized albino pet goat 🐐

56:37

Buying Hottest Goat in Tribal Market 🇹🇿

51. mh says:

Snowden: “You Will Own Nothing And You WON’T Be Happy”
    125,551 views•Apr 17, 2021

Russell Brand

52. calli says:

Oh, so this is where it’s at.

53. Nick says:

Ch 7 reporting that violence against members of the Sikh community in Sydney was enacted by, other Indians, with the first malefactor to be deported. His father remains . Seriously, picking on Sikhs because of water regulations in India….

54. H B Bear says:

Many “new Australians” bring their old tribal conflicts with them. Always need to have your atlas handy when planning a day out at the Australian Open tennis.

55. Rex Anger says:

Dunno why anyone is surprised, Nick.

The Croats still kick the shit out of the Serbs who mick the shit out of the Albanians who kick the shit out of anyone in sight when the Western Sydney Wanderers lose an A-League game.

(They tend to burn things down when they win one, but we try not to talk about that…)

56. Roger says:

Many “new Australians” bring their old tribal conflicts with them.

Back in the day that was always the caveat attached to immigration:

“You’re welcome here, but don’t bring the old country’s troubles with you.”

57. Spurgeon Monkfish III says:

Sacre bleu! Been hiking most of the day in the Snowy Mountains, until my sister sprained her ankle. Most regrettable … 😕

58. Spurgeon Monkfish III says:

Rescued by some handy Bavarians who just happened by. 🤠

59. kaysee says:

The Vaccines

a/ The Nuremberg Code (1947)
    Permissible Medical Experiments

The voluntary consent of the human subject is absolutely essential. This means that the person involved should have legal capacity to give consent; should be so situated as to be able to exercise free power of choice, without the intervention of any element of force, fraud, deceit, duress, overreaching, or other ulterior form of constraint or coercion; and should have sufficient knowledge and comprehension of the elements of the subject matter involved as to enable him to make an understanding and enlightened decision.

b/ AFLDS White Paper: Civil Liberties Surrounding Medical Experimentation

Quite simply, by international law, no person can ever be coerced to take an experimental treatment. Unfortunately, AFLDS is aware of many people who have already been fired for refusing to take what is currently an experimental medication.

The Experimental COVID-19 Vaccines The Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson products are not approved by the FDA. Because they are only months old, with extremely limited safety and efficacy testing, the FDA has properly classified them as experimental. The soonest the Moderna and Pfizer/BioNTech experimental vaccines could be considered by FDA for full licensure (in adults only) is when the trials are expected to conclude, on October 27, 2022 and January 31, 2023, respectively.

60. Cassie of Sydney says:

“Snowden: “You Will Own Nothing And You WON’T Be Happy”
    125,551 views•Apr 17, 2021

Russell Brand”

I think Russell is doing good stuff.

61. Mick Gold Coast QLD says:

I see the AWFL had a grand final somewhere today, following something like a one month and a half long, exciting season. It must have been a thrilling game – one team kicked 8 scoring shots and the other lot kicked 5 (38 to 20) … in four quarters lasting about an hour and a half (assuming they imitate the real game rules). I wonder if they milled around together at the end, swapped sweaty jock straps and spat on the ground in a masculine manner.

Both sides kicked three (3) scoring shots by half time. Three each, this is not a misprint. They really must be paid lots more.

How the crowd stayed awake is a mystery. It is reported as 20,000 odd, which means half that possibly. Tickets cost $10, free for Under 18s.

62. shatterzzz says:

What a load of rubbish! I’m 73 now and been a Wanderers fanatic since the beginning and very rarely miss a home game .. often take several grandees along (between 7 & 11) & NEVER ever seen any violence at a game .. Flares .. YES .. but actual fights NO ..
    Just another of those urban myths that develop from over-imaginative reporting ..!

63. Nick says:

64. 1735099 says:

Cow-cockies, when spying a six-year-old boy, would know instantly which denomination the little brat belongs to.

We’re talking about Warwick in the twenties when everyone knew everyone, and their affiliations, especially when they were neighbours (as was the case with this bloke and my father’s family).

Come to think of it, it’s a bit like Catallaxy is now except almost everybody is hiding in their basement….

65. Cassie of Sydney says:

Umm…Bobby boy, you’re on the wrong thread.

66. Dot says:

Did you ever see the bloke I linked, who evaded six Iraqi SAMs in under 10 minutes?

67. Dot says:

Jesus Christ numbers how can you say this shit with certainty, that happened 20-30 years before you were born?

That’s just absurd.

68. Roger says:

I wouldn’t discount it.

Thankfully, we’ve moved on from such ethno-sectarian prejudices and are willing to let bygones be bygones.

Well, most of us:

“The English have no place of honour in my heritage – just the opposite”, wrote Bob.

69. Steve Trickler:
    Per your 1447:

Isn’t that odd?
    A lot of professions have an oath swearing ceremony, and suddenly some of our bosses are aghast when we take these oaths seriously!
    Because they sure as shit don’t.

70. Mick Gold Coast QLD says:

Nick says at 6:51 pm:

“Mick, if women are equal to men in sport, why have women’s sport at high and Olympic level ?”

I would answer Nick but I think I exhausted my 2021 2nd Quarter interest in wymminses intruding in blokes’ sport in those three paragraphs a half hour ago.

71. kaysee says:

Now, from the same Bari Weiss site:

I was just sent this letter that has my jaw on the floor. It was written by a Brearley parent named Andrew Gutmann.

If you don’t know about Brearley, it’s a private all-girls school on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. It costs $54,000 a year and prospective families apparently have to take an “anti-racism pledge” to be considered for admission.

72. Jo says:

Mick spelling mistake. AWFUL is the correct spelling.

73. mh says:

Golden Point – Souths v Tigers

74. Nick says:

What a game !

75. mh says:

OMG, craziest end to the NRL.

Souths win, I won’t even describe what happened.

76. kaysee says:

Carpe Jugulum says:
    April 17, 2021 at 6:50 pm

This is from YouTube and is acyually titled “Hitler learns of the death of Prince Phillip” it isn’t a parody as i thought it would be but has some brilliant footage of HRH at his best.

I thought it would be a parody too.
    It is a brief tribute that sums up the qualities of Prince Philip quite well.

77. Tintarella di Luna says:

kaysee says:
    April 17, 2021 at 7:16 pm

Thanks for that kaysee, the blowback will be epic.

78. Cassie of Sydney says:

“kaysee says:
    April 17, 2021 at 7:16 pm”

Thanks for that Kaysee and kol hakavod to Andrew Gutmann..he is, of course, 100% right.

79. Cassie of Sydney says:

Brearley, along with Spence and Chapin, are the most expensive girl’s schools in Manhattan.

80. Tintarella di Luna says:

OMG, craziest end to the NRL.

Souths win, I won’t even describe what happened.

Our Big Boy is a huge Rabbitohs fan and is in the Burrow tonight from the photos we’ve been sent by his friend though he does appear torn because he’s also a huge fan of the Tigers — he’s had a blast

81. Rex Anger says:

@ shatterzzz-

Stop that! You’re spoiling a suitably tall story with your (actually quite correct) reality!

I’ll break out a terribly confusing, brightly coloured and shouty Balkans meme, I will…

82. lotocoti says:

Snorkel work at the Gabba.

83. Nick says:

Good lad. I hope the burrow look after him. SSTID

84. Jo says:

Kaysee read the article from Bari Weiss and the other posts. We must be living in a parallel universe where stupidity is now normal. Mr Gutmann is brave, no doubt his work what ever it is will suffer. The people he faces are vindictive when shown to be fools.

85. Mick Gold Coast QLD says:

Jo says at 7:20 pm:

“Mick spelling mistake. AWFUL is the correct spelling.”

😁

86. Tintarella di Luna says:

Good lad. I hope the burrow look after him. SSTID

Thanks Nick, I’m sending the photos to Damien Cook who is an ambassador for an organisation called FAST which raises awareness and funds for a rare syndrome called Angelman Syndrome. The Rabbitohs Club is also a staunch supporter. There are wonderful people in this world.

87. Tailgunner says:

Lannisters got the waterskis on and cruising.
    Bad weather for long-range Bombers, sans peptides.

88. Bruce of Newcastle says:

Those wanting to know what the fuss is about…

Tom Burgess lands match-winning try for South Sydney in chaotic Golden Point moment (Nine)

Nice quick work by the journo Mark Churches.

89. Nick says:

I didn’t know that Tint. That’s good to hear

90. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

Because Afghanistan now faces a very uncertain future, and could easily revert to Taliban rule; or worse, fall into a vicious civil war between the Taliban and al Qaeda, many will say that the whole Afghan enterprise was a miserable failure. But sometimes, there are no good options, and the challenge is to find the least bad alternative.

Peta Credlin, over at the Tele. “A vicious civil war between the Taliban and Al Qaeda…” There’s a down side?

91. Knuckle Dragger says:

Nobody in hospital after the criggit today.

Excellent.

92. Rex Anger says:

If they’re killing each other, they’re not killing Westerners…

93. Rex Anger says:

Nobody in hospital after the criggit today.

Excellent.

No heat stroke is good heat stroke.

Not even when you empty a whole tube of Deep Heat into a jar of Hand Lotion, and leave it next to a fresh, unopened Stick Mag for the ylung folk to find…

94. Rex Anger says:

Open Thread on a Saturday Night:

95. lotocoti says:

There’s a down side?

Only if it doesn’t spread to Pakistan.

96. Notafan says:

Sean Bean just popped up on early episode of the Bill.

I’d forgotten about the jeans too.

97. Tintarella di Luna says:

I didn’t know that Tint. That’s good to hear

Love this life, no matter what happens there’s always, always something that warms the cockles of the heart, kaysee’s happy caturday is a case in point.

98. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

Only if it doesn’t spread to Pakistan.

Good point – weren’t Pakistani Intelligence up to their eyes last time?

99. kaysee says:

From the comment above, on Paul Rossi’s school (Grace Church), here is a list of the inclusive language to be used.

One

Two

(from Daily Mail article)

100. lotocoti says:

Yep.
    They’re owed.

101. Mark A says:

Odd time to start a new OT?

102. kaysee says:

Jo, I think many people are starting to see that this diversity cult is getting out of hand. It is possible that there are many more afraid to speak up, but there will come a point where they will realise that they cannot stay quiet.

103. Knuckle Dragger says:

From the McGregor thread on the main page – the bloke in a dress and lippy is magnificent, flensing the ADF and the floggerati simultaneously.

McGregor referred to fat Magda as ‘a has-been comedienne with a battleship mouth and a rowboat brain.’

Superb stuff.

104. Mick Gold Coast QLD says:

kaysee says at 7:16 pm:

“I posted this article some days ago about a teacher Paul Rossi, in a school in New York.

Now, from the same Bari Weiss site:

Gutmann chose to pull his daughter, who has been in the school since kindergarten, and sent this missive to all 600 or so families in the school earlier this week.”

I read your earlier post Kaysee, this one is as important. Gutmann speaks well and he speaks the truth. As others have noted he will suffer for his candour – that should not be but it is a function of how the US has deteriorated.

I say the US is gone already, finished, following Great Britain and Europe into the swamp because they should have been both prepared and able to halt what Gutmann speaks of a couple of decades ago. They didn’t and the die is set.

I have spent much of the day reading US sources, and see that forces behind events on the southern border, with policing, the active efforts to stack the deck politically (two new states) and in the Supreme Court are all proceeding and succeeding with little opposition. Americans are too apathetic to know or care what open borders brings.

The two parties are in lockstep (Australia’s uniparty is following that lead) and the most powerful threat to this momentum (Donald Trump) has been neutered by the successful coup d’état in November. The Republicans were a spent force long ago, McConnell draws his bribes from the same people who pay the biden family. Talk of a mid term Senate revival is comedy.

I saw the galah entering the Capitol in January – with his Davy Crockett hat and buffalo horns, no shirt, war paint, pulling stupid faces, a village idiot – all pith and wind and concluded I was watching a typical “American patriot”.

Vladimir Putin, General Secretary Xi Ching Chong, BLM, Soros, Gates and those FacePlant / Twitter / EHarmony trillion-billionaire owners are all staking their claims quite swiftly, I venture, and we know little of it.

105. Bruce of Newcastle says:

Only if it doesn’t spread to Pakistan.

They’re currently unhappy with a plague of Frog.

France urges citizens to leave Pakistan amid anti-French protests (BBC, 16 Apr)

The protests escalated this week after the Pakistani government arrested Saad Hussain Rizvi, leader of the hard-line political party Tehreek-e-Labaik Pakistan (TLP), which has called for the expulsion of the French ambassador.

Mr Rizvi’s arrest, and a move by the Pakistani authorities to ban the TLP, brought thousands of the party’s supporters into the streets in Pakistan to protest. Police fired rubber bullets, tear gas and water cannon at the crowds.

All this is because of some cartoons months ago. Pakis have no sense of humour.

106. Knuckle Dragger says:

A Vaseline-free evening for the Bombers so far.

107. Nick says:

The bombers are up and down like one of Bob’s Vietnamese ‘special friends’

108. lotocoti says:

Should’ve got on them when they were $51.

109. kaysee says:

Mixed Bag ∘◦∘◦ ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐶ

One

Two

Three

110. kaysee says:

🐹

One

Two

Three

111. Steve trickler says:

The PULSE version did not resonate with me. They tried to outdo themselves. This remains the best live version IMO.

Excellent. 1988.

Pink Floyd – “One of These Days” Delicate Sound of Thunder

112. BrettW says:

Just listening to Congressman Jordan questioning Fauci over when people will be free again. Trying to pin him down on what measure he will use to decide. Relentless. Fauci squirming and cant answer. Jordan points out Fauci highest paid public official and Jordan took an oath to serve his constituents. Jordan is brilliant.

At one point DEM Chairman Clyburn interrupted to say when 90% of Congress been vaccinated. Classic ! Dont worry about the people.

Clip ended as Maxine Waters just starting. That would be painful, sitting on a Committee with her.

113. Rex Anger says:

Welp, I clicked on a link Mater posted in the old Open Fred, thinking that he was linking back to some glorious dissection and takedown of everyone’s Least Favourite Collaborator.

I ended up on its blog instead.

That was not fun, Mater.

I’ve seen things, man. Sanctimony, smugness and leftwittery of such appalling magnitude I had flashbacks to a war I never went to…

114. JC says:

No biggie. It’s only Portland and it was mostly peaceful if a little fiery.

Antifa set the Apple store in Portland on fire

115. Steve trickler says:
  116. Rex Anger says:

@ JC-

Did they ‘run out’ of iPad chargers?

117. Nick says:

I can’t imagine what headlines will involve Maggot Markle in the morning. Something about her no doubt.

118. C.L. says:

Robert De Niro’s Mrs is taking him to the cleaners:

De Niro struggling to keep up with wife’s ‘thirst for Stella McCartney’: divorce lawyer.

Hightower’s lawyer, Kevin McDonough, argued that since filing for divorce in 2018, De Niro has unfairly continued to cut the amount of money he has been sending his estranged spouse, including involving her credit-card expenses, going from $375,000 a month to just $100,000 monthly as recently as January.

Uncle Sam is also after Bob for back taxes. Couldn’t happen to a nicer idiot.

119. JC says:

CL

De Niro at one stage owned large tracks of Tribeca NYC. If he owned now what he did in the 80s and 90s he’d be one of wealthiest people around. Instead, he had to sell to meet divorce rulings. Even now though, he’s reasonably well off. Est. net worth 5 hundi.

120. Bruce of Newcastle says:

Spending half a million Aussie on your credit card would take some effort.

121. Albatross says:

C.L. says:
    April 17, 2021 at 10:09 pm
    Robert De Niro’s Mrs is taking him to the cleaners

Couldn’t have happened to a nicer bloke.

122. Nick says:

JC, his production company owned a good piece of Bohemian Rhapsody, that did upwards of $1bn.

123. Bruce of Newcastle says:

A month. That’s buying a decent car every three days. On a credit card.

124. Nick says:

He’d be worth a lot

125. Nick says:

The fucker, lol

126. JC says:

Nick

What’s Bohemian Rhapsody? The musical?

127. Nick says:

The film JC

128. Nick says:

He has TriBeca prod

129. Nick says:

Fuck no

Meghan Markle’s friends Gayle King and Omid Scobie arrive in Windsor to lead coverage of Prince Philip’s funeral on CBS and ABC

130. Notafan says:

I think I might have been kicked off twitter.

Is calling someone a moron enough for them to boot you?

Was a Labor harpy.

131. Albatross says:

JC says:
    April 17, 2021 at 10:29 pm
    Oh yea.

Can you imagine breaking this down to “cost per root”. That would be grim.

132. Albatross says:

Notafan says:
    April 17, 2021 at 10:30 pm
    I think I might have been kicked off twitter.

[a] Is calling someone a moron enough for them to boot you?

[b] Was a Labor harpy.

[a]: no – unless [b].

133. Notafan says:

Oh well

134. JC says:

Can you imagine breaking this down to “cost per root”. That would be grim.

Interesting way of looking at it. There should be an absolute top/ceiling in divorces. 🙂

135. FlyingPigs says:

C.L. says:
    April 17, 2021 at 10:09 pm
    Robert De Niro’s Mrs is taking him to the cleaners:

his ccp paymasters will cover him

136. lotocoti says:

Robert De Niro’s Mrs is taking him to the cleaners

You’d think Joe Pesci knows a guy who knows a guy.

137. JC says:

German Playboy stuck David Hasselhof’s whale kid on the pages of the magazine.
    Someone suggested they were flattening the curve.

Worksafe

138. JC says:

oops

Fattening the curve.

139. MatrixTransform says:

Iesu Christo, JC

that should come with a warning

140. Rex Anger says:

Po-tay-toh, po-tah-toh JC?
    🤪

141. Albatross says:

Stunning! I love a woman with a chiselled jaw!

142. Rex Anger says:

So, when do the normies, deplorables and Kekistanis get to hold a divorce party for the woke and the bugmen?

Where we can fling their stuff out onto the street from our Apartment window, set it on fire, change the locks and get on with our lives?

Have we had enough yet? Or will we have to have our reckonings 1945 Dutch or French-style?*

(*Maquis types need not apply. Murderous Communist arseholes, spending more time eliminating all competition than actually resisting German occupation. And then having the temerity to try and claim all the credit…

143. The Beer whisperer says:

A rare trip to Star City casino tonight.

Wall-to-wall cashed up bogans paying extravagant amounts to pretend they’re not bogans for a couple of hours.

144. Steve trickler says:

The final add I watched on Gootube before the Adblock upgrade was a NO co$t solar installation in WA! What is that prick from Rockingham up to now? I shall follow it up in the morning. Not in the mood to do so as I type. Others, feel free.

One good thing is, the little wanker is aging fast. It is almost one year for every month judging from the look on his face.

Him swinging from a lamppost would not upset me. WHO would dare start a business today with little ***T in power. He could end it at a moments notice with NO scientific justification based on that quack CMO walking around.

Meanwhile, crowds pile in for a football match. Most will probably buy a newspaper in the morning and watch breakfast television and NOT even make a connection to this scam. Retards!

145. Mark A says:

I’m sure everyone was dying to know this.

Did You Know?

Actress Jodie Foster is so fluent in French that she does the voice-over dubbing for herself for most of the French releases of her films.

146. Mick Gold Coast QLD says:

Albatross says at 10:31 pm:

” JC says:
    April 17, 2021 at 10:29 pm
    Oh yea.

Can you imagine breaking this down to “cost per root”. That would be grim.”

I had a quick look around Wiki and general news Albatross – the dollar amounts de Niro and ex Mrs de Niro are brawling over are eye watering, as is his tax office debt.

He’s had three or four wives, all black, you’d reckon he might have learned earlier on, given that silly game away and secured a weekly booking at the local knock shop. The girls would have made sure each one was the best he had ever had, to encourage him and his tipping back for the next week.

He’d be seventeen times richer too!

147. Rex Anger says:

I did not know that, Mark A.

I did know, having watched ysium (and being reminded how painfully, stupidly preachy Neill Blomkamp is) that Jodie Foster has some of the best legs in Hollywood.

And then I found out she bats for the other side… 🙁

148. Rex Anger says:

Elysium

149. Mark A says:

Rex Anger says:
    April 17, 2021 at 11:37 pm

And then I found out she bats for the other side

Shyte!!! I didn’t know that!😒

150. Knuckle Dragger says:

‘And then I found out she bats for the other side…’

So is this fashionable poofery, or for real?

151. Arky says:

So is this fashionable poofery, or for real?

She’s been a lesbian since that guy in the cell next to Lecter threw jizz on her.

152. mh says:

No Prince Philip funeral thread?

153. Arky says:

No Prince Philip funeral thread?

They’re waiting for the big one: The Queen is dead. long live the Tampax.

154. mh says:

Arky, this is huge.

You should watch.

155. Rex Anger says:

Oh Smeg!

(I saw m0nty has reppeared tonight, and after yesterday’s performance I couldn’t help but think of this…)

156. Albatross says:

Fuck he got his ass handed to him. I like to consider myself pretty racist, but m0nty makes me look like an amateur.

157. mh says:

I just saw the ranga.

158. Rex Mango says:

Ok just tuned in to royal funeral & this mask thing is some joke is it not? The Archbishop of Canterbury has one & Chuck, Andrew etc. Chances of getting covid in that chapel is longer than numbers getting pay in lieu for his time in the Nam. Good to see one Royal Marine carrying the coffin had his nose out the mask.

159. Rex Mango says:

Charles, may or may not be a drinker, but his face is very red.

160. Rex Mango says:

The singers are socially distant sans masks singing hymn about being safe upon the seas, with an orchestra (where are they hidden?) now chiming in. Get the feeling lot of Covid regulations being breached here.

161. Dave in Marybrook says:

Christmas Island pub crawl / doorknock boozer to try to find Kristina Kenneally. Will report as to whether or not she’s
    1. Getting among it, and/or
    2. A close quarters hag, and/or
    3. Up for it

162. Rex Mango says:

First reading from Ecclesiastics if I was paying attention. Have seen school kids read better.

163. Rex Mango says:

Back to the four person socially distant choir without masks signing quite a nice song which I have never heard before.

164. FlyingPigs says:

Dave in Marybrook says:
    April 18, 2021 at 12:12 am
    1. Getting among it, and/or
    2. A close quarters hag, and/or
    3. Up for it

and or, eaten by the crabs!

165. Rex Mango says:

Arch of Canterbury gets second reading from St John. Not bad effort, but yeah once again a professional reading from prepared script, was bit underwhelming.

166. Rex Mango says:

Solo singer with four person choir now at it again. Can’t see where they have hidden the mike & she has powerful voice.

167. Rex Mango says:

Do luv the conductor waving his arms about to only four singers.

168. Rex Mango says:

Ok, just got shot of Lizzie & seems she wearing a mask too. Would’ve been great to see her not wear one & say “I am the Queen’.

169. Rex Mango says:

What is the point of having a monarch, when they to obey the laws that they set for all the plebs?

170. Rex Mango says:

A of Canterbury now teeing off on the Gospel with a reading that he did not announce & it sounds similar to an advertisement for Captain Snooze.

171. Megan says:

Can’t see where they have hidden the mike & she has powerful voice

She really nailed those top notes!

172. Rex Mango says:

Ok, singers are singing & things winding up methinks. Simple ceremony with only a few hundred flunkies making it work. The question now is do they drop Phil straight into a hole in the Chapel. Nothing so final as that & would make great tv.

173. Rex Mango says:

Biggest problem with most funerals (& weddings for that matter) is the gap between the service & the bit where they plant them.

174. Rex Mango says:

They are now reading out all Phil’s titles including Air Marshall, Admiral & Field Marshall etc of all the armed services, but they seemed to have dropped the bit about being Emperor of India.

175. mh says:

Bagpipes?

Was that necessary?

176. Megan says:

That Dean has the most boring voice and deadpan delivery for someone in his position.

177. Rex Mango says:

The lone piper plays a lament out the church door. Nice touch.

178. Megan says:

Yes Rex, the lone piper brought me quite undone.

179. Rex Mango says:

Revielle or however you spell it by Royal Marine Band.

180. Megan says:

My dearly departed dad was a Scot and a bugler. I am now somewhat verklempt. It might be that the late hour and earlier whiskey toast have contributed to my sorry state.

181. Megan says:

The AofC finally has a bit part in the summing up.

182. mh says:

God Save The Queen

183. Rex Mango says:

Ok, seems service is over & now God Save the Queen. Organ kicks in after & they are getting back the dudes to move the coffin about. Hopefully they show us that. Nothing so final as coffins being lowered downstairs.

184. Megan says:

Reveille is one of those stupid exemptions to the I before E rule. Might be because it’s French and we know what they’re like.

185. mh says:

Wow. It’s over.

186. Steve trickler says:

Excellent. The vision has been enhanced.

Clare Torry, The Great Gig In The Sky

187. Rex Mango says:

Queen rides a Bentley to another part of Windsor Castle, she leaves via the Galilee Porch, which her & Phil used for many years.

188. Rex Mango says:

Ok, if I die before any people reading this, I do not want any of the folk involved in this funeral doing any readings whatsoever. Will take the military drill beforehand though, that looked pretty good.

189. Megan says:

I’m obviously getting soppy in my old age but I thought that the whole thing was very well done. The enforced simplicity was a marked improvement on the usual over the top, cast of millions, much ado about not a lot Royal event like the Quit Twits nuptials.

190. Megan says:

Speaking of Duchess Malevolent, I wonder how many leaks and PR puff pieces has she managed to fling about today?

191. mh says:

William and Harry walked off together, chatting to each other.

192. Rex Mango says:

Black is common theme amongst the attendees at this funeral, but it should also be noted that the amount of medals they all have stands out & it is pretty much only the blokes. Watching this, you would swear the British Royal Family are all war heroes. Do remember Prince Andrew went to the Falklands & made it to the mighty rank of Lt Cdr.

193. Rex Mango says:

One thing I will say it is good that the ABC has farmed out their coverage to the BBC, as there is no-one in Ultimo who could have done the service justice.

194. Steve trickler says:

Clare ended up with a nice cheque in the end. Outside the contract. Thoroughly deserved.

195. Rex Mango says:

If you think about it, this funeral service is at complete opposite odds with Critical Race Theory. As Lincoln said a house divided will fall.

196. Rex Mango says:

We need to export General Brereton to the UK to investigate the British Royal Family for war crimes. How did they get all those gongs?

197. Mark A says:

This is getting ridiculous, now I can’t access any older posts.😒

198. FlyingPigs says:

Megan says:
    April 18, 2021 at 12:49 am

Obviously a Frenchist.

199. Rex Mango says:

Just finished watching Cate McGregor’s rant re war crimes & he/she does have one very good point. You can’t try people for war crimes in a war you lose. The only means of prosecuting war crimes, is to win the war. Jurisdiction means that the judge controls the place they are doing the judging. So we pull out of Afghan & simultaneously charge troops for crimes committed in a place we no longer control.

200. Steve trickler says:

Mark A says:
    April 18, 2021 at 1:28 am
    This is getting ridiculous, now I can’t access any older posts.

God knows what the filth are up to. They are some of the most disgusting creatures on planet EARTH. Just remember, Wpress is Goolag. If the status quo remains in the morning, this place is officially f*cked. Hopefully, the dead set scum of the Earth are doing an update and it will revert back to normal.

201. Rex Mango says:

Other thing about the Afghan war is it was very very dirty & makes 1960’s war in South East Asia look like child’s play. The amount of people killed by blokes they were trying to train was incredible. Five percent of US casualities & similar in Australia. Nowhere did that happen in the South East Asian War. In the sixties/seventies the government sent you to fight an unpopular war, nowadays they force you to share barracks with guys that hate you.

202. Mark A says:

testign, it soitenly is!

203. Rex Mango says:

When you think about it that pretty much defines how stupid we have become. In the sixties it was a fight against communism & everyone knew who they were. In the 21st century it was a fight against terrorism & no-one mention religion, so guess who is doing picket.

204. Rex Mango says:

Whatever Brereton has uncovered about war crimes committed by serving soldiers, the greatest disgrace is how our soldiers were shot in the back by blokes they were supposedly training. Which officer has been subject to investigation regards that?

205. Mark A says:

Steve trickler says:
    April 18, 2021 at 1:49 am

Yeah, and I was so smug about not having any problems, while others complained.
    I’m sorry.

I run several websites (NO, not those, I can’t afford THOSE!) and blogs and have never had problems like this.

206. Rex Mango says:

Going to bed, but my advice to the ADF investigators regards Australian’s killed by Afghans is bastardisation prevents most of potential problems. Case in point, you are unsure whether Mustafa is sound due his being devout religious. You read him passages of his holy book & when he misbehaves, he is failed from the course. At some point our government stopped that simple policy about ten years ago.

207. Steve trickler says:

Mark A.

You watch. The next thing on the cards is banning links outside the gooulag sphere. NO rumble, no Bitchute etc. No anything outside their realm.

Do not be shocked. It is only a matter of time.

208. Rex Mango says:

Was going to bed, but will leave with this remark. As far as I can tell no member of the ARVAN (South Vietnamese Army) ever shot someone training them. Yet that is exactly what has happened over & over in Afghan, due us trying to empathise with their medieval world view.

209. Steve trickler says:

I might have jumped the shark. Let’s wait for a page turn.

210. Steve trickler says:

Try that again.

PSB 1987.

211. Tintarella di Luna says:

Thanks Tom

212. Roger says:

Nowhere Man:

Japanese PM arrrives at WH.

First international leader to visit Biden.

Nobody at the door to greet him!

213. Fair Shake says:

How to drink tea.
    1. Make a cup of tea
    2. Take a small sip. Too hot.
    3. Leave tea to cool down.
    4. Walk away, forget you made a cup of tea.

214. Epicurious says:

Thanks Tom

215. 1735099 says:

And on it goes…..
    Reads a little like Catallaxy (although somewhat less since the departure of Anne).

216. Dot says:

There is no way that Haley Hasselhoff is size 12 – 14.

More like 18 – 20.

But I should ask Grigory.

217. caveman says:

30 people in a friggin monolith of a church having to wear masks, sad joke that.

218. Bruce of Newcastle says:

Japanese PM arrrives at WH.
    First international leader to visit Biden.
    Nobody at the door to greet him!

I blame climate change.

Jack Posobiec @JackPosobiec · Apr 17
    BREAKING: Biden did not come down to greet Japanese PM because he was ‘feeling under the weather’ this morning, per WH official

Weather is funny stuff.

219. Indolent says:

Stanford study quietly published at NIH.gov proves face masks are absolutely worthless against Covid
    Twitter is suspending users for linking to this study which, it goes without saying, is being totally ignored by the media.

220. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

How to drink tea.
    1. Make a cup of tea
    2. Take a small sip. Too hot.
    3. Leave tea to cool down.
    4. Walk away, forget you made a cup of tea.

I am in trouble with Hairy for doing this constantly. He makes a nice cup of tea for me, and I get distracted by something as usual and it ends up cold. He sighs again.

This afternoon I am hostessing a formal afternoon tea.
    Even there I tend to let my tea get cold, worrying about serving the cakes. 🙂

221. H B Bear says:

In weather news, ALPBC weirdo Macca is under the weather too.

222. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

Nobody at the door to greet him!

Biden must have called another lid. Having a nap.
    Ya get that with decrepit old grandpas.

223. Bruce of Newcastle says:

Australian humour

That’s what happens when you try to sell your car on Gum Tree and misread the instructions.

Meanwhile, talking of Fords:

Software Glitch Transforms Some Mustang Mach-Es Into “Electric Bricks” (17 Apr)

Just as Morgan Stanely released a new Autos & Shared Mobility research report a couple of months ago explaining how Tesla is losing market share to the Ford Mustang Mach-E. It appears Ford has run into a significant software hiccup for some of its Mach-Es, transforming them into “electric bricks.”

Some Mach-E owners reported the 12-volt battery inside their vehicle has discharged after charging the main battery pack, preventing the car from turning on, essentially transforming it into an electric brick.

Ford revealed to The Verge the problem would be fixable via wireless update “later this year.”

Alternatively you can tow them to a dealer, or, if you are really frustrated, leave them in a tree.

224. Crossie says:

To , thanks for the Week in Pictures. I see that Mick Jagger is a lockdown sceptic. It must be cutting into the Stones’ income now that they can’t tour.

225. H B Bear says:

It must be cutting into the Stones’ income now that they can’t tour.

His accountant must have rung and said he was down to his last few hundred million and he might have to sell the yacht.

226. Rex Anger says:

And on it goes…..
    Reads a little like Catallaxy

I get the impression that Clot Agent Bob will be 1000% immune to any adverse C00f vaccine side effects…

…How can you have fatal clots when you’ve already been one your entire adult life?

#Inepticon

#BloodIsThickerThanCommunism

227. Bruce of Newcastle says:

Battery mayhem.

The Dawn Of The E-Vehicle Battery Environmental Disaster …Discarded Even Sooner Than Expected (17 Apr)

The Handelsblatt reports how Matthias Schmidt, managing director of the recycling company Erlos, “is astonished”.

“Actually, his industry had expected to be inundated with batteries from recently produced electric cars only in eight or ten years,” writes the Handelsblatt. “In fact, however, thousands of tons of batteries are already ending up at waste disposal companies.”

“We would never have imagined the quantities that would accumulate after such a short time,” says Schmidt. His company alone and competitor Duesenfeld, both of which specialize in recycling car batteries, are recycling more than 4,000 tons of batteries from almost all e-models this year – including those that have only recently come onto the market.”

Good luck recycling them economically. Lead-acid batteries are pretty easy, but getting lithium out of Li-ion batteries is going to be a very messy and costly process.

228. Terry Pedersen says:

Good then that the 4 buglers played The Last Post instead.

It was an impressive funeral service for the Queen’s liege man of life and limb.

229. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

We visited a very traditional Masai village on our Masai Mara tour to see the great wildebeest migration, only a few years ago. It was genuinely pre-industrial. Sitting inside the Headman’s hut was very much like the living situation I visited in the Western Highlands of New Guinea in 1965: the Masai one though was built of packed mud rather than the sago wood and fibre of the NG one. Both had small fires for cooking inside, with a roof hole for the smoke. The Masai one was more comfortable due to the dry climate – the NG one had blackened condensation drips falling everywhere from people breathing, pretty yukky. The NG one also smelled worse due to that.

The Masai men did some traditional jump dancing for us, and the young girls admired the highest jumping men, favoured as mates. The men are cattle obsessed. Hairy was offered ten cattle for me in bride-price but he said I was worth at least fifteen.

Good to know one’s value. 🙂

230. thefrollickingmole says:

Hmmm, some signs of progress, they are skipping the usual ‘largely peaceful”headline and going with

Protests erupt

Nope still addicted to not understanding the flow of time.
    “Meanwhile an annexation that began peacefully in Poland ended with multiple fires set….etc etc.

Meanwhile, a protest that began peacefully in California ended with multiple fires set, several cars damaged and numerous windows shattered.

231. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

Come on Lizzie, at least twenty!

232. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

I think the bride-price meant that he would have to pay them fifteen, for each woman has her worth for her family to get rid of her via marriage, but in this case, as a guest, they would pay him. The whole thing was, of course, hypothetical (I hope!). There was still polygamy of course, although they told us the Christian church did not approve of it so they didn’t talk about it much. These people could have sold land to move into western style housing, but they very consciously hold on to their full traditional life. One of the few places in the world where this happens now.

233. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

Mooo, Zulu. 😀

234. thefrollickingmole says:

Much wow.
    Exciting.
    Very good.

The score fore the AWFuL garand final.

B 38, A 20

235. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

I wonder if this is the beginning of the ‘he’s too sick to carry on’ removal of Biden.

A physical illness being manufactured rather than have him dodder on out.

236. MatrixTransform says:

If you are involved with or know of a startup that is majority owned and led by women, the Federal Government’s Boosting Female Founders Initiative should definitely be on your radar.

The initiative offers grants between $25,000 and $480,000 for female-founded startups to expand into domestic and global markets, as well as providing expert mentoring and advice to meritorious applicants.

It’s been created as part of the 2018 and 2020 Women’s Economic Security Statements, aimed at supporting more Australian women into work and meeting Australia’s international obligations under the Convention on the Elimination of all forms of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW).

Who knew?

Seems that in order to get a business grant, all you need to do is cut your dick off and start a new dickless company

237. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

I did enjoy that ‘Hitler’ clip re Prince Phillip, although I wondered at first if it might be in dubious taste. But it did show excellent clips of his life, and how amazing that he was brought up to speak four languages. Hearing him rattling on in German was something rather different.