Open Forum: April 17, 2021

4,036 Responses to Open Forum: April 17, 2021

1. JC says:

Whoops, hot damn, I forgot.

During the days the NDIS we’re actually supposed to believe this. As soon as she lost her job, the bank threw her and the elderly parents out the door. Last year there was nothing called job seeker and job keeper… nothing.. also no pension.

Among the 45 employees who lost their jobs after Brett Sutton’s brutal “naming and shaming” were several disabled people who worked on full wages under a philanthropic program.
    One of them, a profoundly deaf woman, has been unable to get another job, so her elderly parents have lost their house because she was paying it off for them.
    If and when it goes to a court, it could be a bruising experience.

I’ve seen some bullshit in my time, but this is about as bad one of those hate hoaxes in the US.

Schnupy finds the above totally plausible. So does the Driller.

2. Knuckle Dragger says:

Liability Bob at 3.38:

‘I didn’t write that article.
    I posted it.’

Was it about John McBain? Or the Lincoln Project?

3. Dot says:

The CIA were so criminally liable and otherwise negligent that the Church Committee ought to have shut them down.

If they were at war with their own citizens, they would have been hanged as war criminals.

4. It was presented as the philanthropic Cooks.

There was no mention that the Cooks were the philanthropists. You assumed that.

Wow, so he did.
    No wonder he’s such a sucker for any prospectus that is at odds with what is seen on the ground.

Did anyone actually buy AACo shares on his recommendation?

5. Dot says:

If it is philanthropy, why not just pay off the home for the couple and their daughter?

6. duncanm says:

WTF is going on in the world?

Family lunch – and I’m challenged at the bar: is the lemon lime and bitters for an adult?

Cranky barman comes to the table when I give the 14yo a sip.

7. Snoopy says:

According to Enforcer McSpergy the only philanthropists in Australia are the Cooks. No one else.

8. Dot says:

Cranky barman comes to the table when I give the 14yo a sip.

I can’t blame them.

Licensing sergeants are cranks. The OLGR writes copy like that which would make the editorial team at Völkischer Beobachter cringe.

9. DrBeauGan says:

Oops, no television.
    I see I’m going to be having withdrawal symptoms for a while.

Use the interwebzy thingo. Generally, associating with hysterics is bad for you.

Many years ago, I was out of touch with the world for some months, and when I got back I had a huge backlog of newspapers to work through. The excitement of vital things happening was diluted by the knowledge that they had already happened months ago and then been forgotten. It did convince me that news is almost entirely worthless.

10. Snoopy says:

‘Ricky Slater was murdered.’

Ahahahahahaaaaaa.

Haha. Aaaaaah, haha.

By a slug. Or perhaps a wasp.

11. kaysee says:

“Kittenself”? Neopronouns Are Newest Thing Among the Totally Self-centered

If you want to know what happens when you don’t learn after age two that the world doesn’t completely revolve around you, look no further than “neopronouns.” These are “personal” pronouns an individual chooses to express his “identity.” But don’t think this simply means an opposite-sex identity. That’s antiquated thinking — right out of 2019.

Rather, the New York Times provides a guide on the matter and asks, “Are you a person, place or thing?” before presenting neopronoun examples such as “bun/bunself,” “kitten/kittenself,” and “prin/cess/princesself.” Mine, at least right now, is besidemyself.

To learn more on this complex topic, read the article.

12. JC says:

Driller

Stop stouthearted trolling, you redneck turd.

Let’s compare and contrast if you want to make personal. You’ve threatened to shoot dew banking executives because they won’t give you loans. I could walk into bank on Sunday and asked how much do I want.

You worthless stoush troll. You unhygienic grub.

13. Tony Rooney says:

thefrollickingmole says:
    April 18, 2021 at 6:15 pm
    Dot.
    Read “legacy of Ashes”.

Then ask if there is any reason for the alphabet agencies to exist.

Seconded.

14. Arky says:

I’m pretty sure companies don’t hire the disabled based on just government subsidies.
    I remember back in my apprenticeship (mid 1980s) the company had a blind dude on one of those programs.
    A lot of work to make the job safe and suitable for the bloke. No doubt a lot of hassle to apply for the program, and further work along the way to maintain it.
    You could have shoved a first year apprentice on that process work rather than spend all the time and money to adapt the workplace to suit the disabled.
    No doubt the overwhelming motivation is the knowledge that you are giving someone a purpose in life.
    A lot harder than just writing a cheque.

15. Rex Anger says:

Liability Bob at 3.38:

‘I didn’t write that article.
    I posted it.’

Was it about John McBain? Or the Lincoln Project?

Nah.

Collaborator Bob jas been ordered to induced hatred and revulsion of Ben Roberts-Smith VC as a Class Enemy, and has been given a series of hyperlinks from which to further smear the man.

I’d much rather RS had allegedly kicked Bob off a slight rise- The vilification of a complete stranger Bob would never dare meet (even if he could guarantee his own safety) might be justified…

16. Rex Anger says:

To learn more on this complex topic, read the article.

Pffft.

My pronouns are Comrade/Comrade and Comrade/Comrade.

As such this Comrade much prefers to call Comrade Comrade.

Comrades…

17. Rex Anger says:

Comrades?

18. DrBeauGan says:

To learn more on this complex topic, read the article.

No thanks.

19. Arky says:

My pronouns are Comrade/Comrade and Comrade/Comrade.

My pronouns are: What do you want to know my pronouns for? Are you intending to talk about me behind my back? / Whose that c*nt?

20. First rule of foodservice business:
    Unless the payroll arrangements of last week’s kitchenhands are reported with pinpoint accurately in a newspaper, the business is disallowed from being allowed full discovery if the council is litigating against them.

21. Rex Anger says:

Probably easier than Comrade/Comrade, Arky.

It’s almost as confusing as tryong to figure lut the most appropriate use of the word Squanch

22. JC says:

Damn Ipad
    The Driller reply..
    Stop stoush trolling…

Schnupy

Snoopy says:
    April 18, 2021 at 6:27 pm

Okay, Schnupsie, what was the purpose of bringing up the word philanthropy?

While you’re at it, perhaps explain the purpose of the in-depth description of the profoundly deaf grandma. with the three legs and five breasts.

If in doubt, just blame it on aboriginals.

23. Arky says:

You know they are never going to let you just choose ant pronouns.
    They’ll give you a drop down menu of approved pronouns where you reluctantly have to accept Him/ his or she/ her as the least abominable, but also as denoting you as a privileged individual unworthy of anything but marking for extermination.

24. JC says:

Driller

No fucking pubbling. Pubble back at your own unread site. FFS stick to the rules

25. IF a business is hiring disabled, the local govt does not have to reveal anything in discovery if they litigate against that business.

That’s the second rule of foodservice business.

26. Dot says:

Regarding local councils.

Tel/Arky have been right about this as to what they SHOULD do right now.

However, this is written into law by each state, that’s why they make booklets about sexism and other woke garbage.

But what OUGHT local government comprise?

Police
    Magistrates and district/country/crown courts
    Education
    Fire & rescue

If the government is to have control or influence in these spheres, they idea that a town near Port Macquarie needs to have people from Bourke or Eden, let alone Sydney influencing the decision, is absurd. As is the idea that farmers and young blokes keen to shoot pigs and wild dogs at Wilcannia need the input of bozos from Newtown.

Arky is correct most of these functions can be farmed out to the private sector.

As for land use – all land in each state ought to be registered by parcel & lot.

Then, for all time, notwithstanding changes to a local covenant, the land is zoned permanently.

There of course is an economic argument that land values make zoning redundant, few people buy next to a fat rendering plant, and that was their choice. A factory may wish to buy a large plot or have a non- developmental covenant over it to prevent future liabilities.

But importantly, old rules are fair (and efficient) rules. There is unfairness and loss in rule changes to asset use.

27. Bruce of Newcastle says:

Yah, exhibit A: a guy called John Brennan. Nothing stops him, he just keeps going like the Terminator.

The CIA operates in the shadows, so if as seems obvious the FBI has been suborned then the CIA was there firstest and mostest.

28. It would seem level headed & polite fellow cat (JC) is losing it.
    Dearie me, no self-control.
    Particularly sensitive to being called on some of his stupider posts.

Unless his ironing lady’s payroll records are published in The Age, he’s barred from challenging anything said about him. Heh!

29. JC says:

That’s the second rule of foodservice business.

The Cook business is in Melbourne – not in Queensland. How the fuck would you know what can and cannot be revealed in another state. Go change the toilet rolls you imbecile.

30. Snoopy says:

During the days the NDIS we’re actually supposed to believe this.

For anyone still suspects that NDIS is an expensive boondoggle which does fuck all for the genuinely disabled, STFU.

It provides permanent wage subsidies to the blind. McSpergy guarantees it.

31. The Cook business is in Melbourne

Dandenong.
    Tell us more about what you know…..

32. JC says:

It would seem level headed & polite fellow cat (JC) is losing it.

I’m actaully very level headed, but I’m not polite to dishonest blowhard grubs pretending they’re crocodile Dundee from some malaria infested shithole. It’s a failing of mine.

Dearie me, no self-control.

LOL
    I’m the exemplar of self control. I implored people to hold off before reaching judgement on the case as there’s nothing to lose by waiting.

Particularly sensitive to being called on some of his stupider posts.

People laugh at you, for being a blowhard, Driller. They..laugh ….about… you.

Sad.

33. JC says:

Look who0 appears to have all ten digits in the til while no one’s looking.

34. C.L. says:

Oh God.
    Turnbull did an interview with CNN’s “Potato Head” Stelter about evil Murdoch:

35. JC says:

Salvatore, Social Distance Martyr says:
    April 18, 2021 at 6:48 pm

The Cook business is in Melbourne

Dandenong.
    Tell us more about what you know…..

Someone, please go praise his blog. He may actually start it up again and leaves us alone.

36. Bruce of Newcastle says:

Turnbull did an interview with CNN

Gosh, that’s a surprise.

37. Entropy says:

Those wage subsidy programs only go for a number of weeks. In Queensland the scheme is four weeks and you get a payment, and then again if you have kept them for six months. No more after that. It might be a bit more generous for people with a disability, but I can tell you that process is torture.

If the Victorian scheme is similar, even if the Cooks did make use of it at the start, it doesn’t last forever. And as that Qld pub dude says, it is a lot of effort to make the place work safe, in this case a factory floor for a deaf person.

Now I have seen first hand how these employment schemes can be gamed, particularly when hiring young people and backpackers, but it isn’t really the case for a disabled person. That will be a long term commitment and the employer appears genuine to me. After all, there are plenty of other people to choose.

As for the loss of the house, it would have to have happened prior to March 2020 as nobody I am aware of is losing their house in Covid times because they lost their job. As well as scaredy banks, there is some sort of federal program. And in my experience there is usually a lot more to the story before a bank will move on anybody. For example, a multi year history of default. Especially that quickly, banks are bureaucracies every bit as glacial as the public service. But Journalists, being journalists, aren’t interested in the facts of a case so who knows what the real story might be?

38. JC says:

According to Schnupsie.. someone “profoundly deaf” isn’t considered profoundly disabled. Only the unprofoundly disabled can access the NDIS.

39. I’m actaully very level headed

The past several years of your postings reveal otherwise.

40. Dot says:

Well said, Ent.

41. thefrollickingmole says:

I’m detecting a 91.3% chance, using my Wangulator that JC may have some shit on his liver this afternoon.

42. Bruce of Newcastle says:

I’m sorry for all those empty airports being illuminated by Malcolm’s wisdom.

CNN has shed more than half its viewers since Biden took office, down staggering 60 percent in key demo (17 Apr)

Awww…

43. Roger says:

Turnbull did an interview with CNN

Very sad to see a former PM discounting his stock like this.

It’s not as though their pension and benefits aren’t generous.

44. JC says:

Ent

Actually, I don’t believe that is correct if the subsidy was federal. My stupid cousin, who runs the family business, is frequently telling me about calls he receives to hires impaired and there doesn’t appear to be an end date as to timing.

45. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

Greens leaders Adam Bandt and Bob Brown in bizarre identity theft

Exclusive
    Stephen Rice
    13 minutes ago April 18, 2021
    No Comments

Greens leader Adam Bandt would like to set the record straight: he has not been moonlighting as the boss of a sinister Paris-based “human rights” organisation with links to Eastern European organised crime figures.

Yes, that’s his picture on their website but he’s not leading a double life as Waclaw Kozakiewicz from Poland.

Until last week, he’d never heard of the Comite International pour la Protection des Droits de l’Homme (CIPDH), the mysterious consortium that claims he and other Greens figures as high-ranking officials.

“This is up there for the weirdest thing that’s happened in my time in public life, and you can’t help but be uneasy about it,” Mr Bandt said.

The Greens leader has a right to be concerned. The CIPDH has been linked to international crimes ranging from the theft of Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi’s missing fortune to providing cover for Kremlin-backed separatist armies.

Former Greens senator Scott Ludlam also gets a guernsey in the fake humanitarian outfit, as Robert Comune, supposedly a vice-president of the CIPDH, and former party leader Bob Brown is Zbishik Pakolov, another vice-president.

46. Dot says:

I’m sure everyone has read this by now.

You Have to Read This Letter

A New York father pulls his daughter out of Brearley with a message to the whole school. Is the dam starting to break?

47. Snoopy says:

JC says:
    April 18, 2021 at 6:56 pm

Your reading comprehension is embarrassing. Well suited to window dressing.

48. JC says:

Really? Is that how I sound? Okay.

As you get older you become less tolerant of imbeciles and former billing department clerks.

Mole, my concern (at the very beginning) about this story is that a few things don’t ring true. I’ve said a few times now there’s no reason to rush to judgement as we can all wait and see how it unfolds.

49. JC says:

Your reading comprehension is embarrassing. Well suited to window dressing.

But have I paid the water bill on time. That’s all that counts, no?

50. Roger says:

Greens leaders Adam Bandt and Bob Brown in bizarre identity theft

Some Russian operative clearly has a sense of humour.

51. Dot says:

That Neuralink stuff is sci fi come to life.

52. Entropy says:

JC says:
    April 18, 2021 at 7:00 pm
    Ent

Actually, I don’t believe that is correct if the subsidy was federal.

Yes, you might be right, I did not factor in NDIS. If nothing, it is yet another demonstration of the many layers of government in this country, or more so the ease with which OPM is spent,
    , and the opportunities for corruption and tax eating it creates.

53. Natural Instinct says:

duncanm says:
    April 18, 2021 at 6:25 pm
    Cranky barman comes to the table when I give the 14yo a sip.

Whilst Dad ordering lunches at the RSL, 12 yo challenged when changed from middle table 31 to uncleared window table 33.

“You shouldn’t have changed your mind and you should wait for me to clean the tables because of COVID”.

The new normal.
    Was not a super busy for a Sunday in the sun – wonder why?

54. JC says:

Dot

You shouldn’t have posted that because it annoys the billing clerk that you haven’t bothered to read the backpages.

………………..
    On a serious note, there’s absolutely nothing wrong people doubling up with stories. People being too afraid to annoy billing clerks could mean we may miss out being updated on important stories. Post when you want to people..about pretty much anything.

55. Regards the ICook foods case:
    It should be kept in mind that a woman had died of listeria poisoning.
    Amongst other things she had done, she had partaken of food prepared by ICook foods.
    Council tests revealed “listeria” present at ICook foods’ premises.

Council brainy wizard types added 2+2=9 & went for ICook foods.
    The council owned a rival business, called “council foods” or something, so coz of ‘conflict-of-interest’ pushed forward a DHHS staffer to issue a “close down” order.

The close-down order came from Brett Sutton.

Here’s where the problems start:

Brett Sutton did not issue the “close-down” order until about 12 hours after the council, er.. DHHS, had issued a close-down order in his name.

It is highly likely that bodycams will reveal the content of conversations between council & DHHS staff that may reveal the closedown order originated with the council, and originated some 12 hours before Brett Sutton said a word on the matter.

Then there’s the matter of slug-planting & other stuff.

It should be noted: The woman did not die of listeria poisoning.
    The listeria ‘found’ at ICook foods was below the amount to be found in the average meat pie or in pretty much anything else you eat, & was well within legal standards.

56. Bruce of Newcastle says:

I’m sure everyone has read this by now.

No. But I’m amused by just how many red pills that Bari Weiss, ex oped editor of the Slimes, has recently ingested.

57. Entropy says:

Sunday Papers”
    Joe Jackson

Mother doesn’t go out any more
    Just sits at home and rolls her spastic eyes
    But every weekend through the door
    Come words of wisdom from the world outside

If you want to know about the bishop and the actress
    If you want to know how to be a star
    If you want to know about the stains on the mattress
    You can read it in the Sunday papers, Sunday papers

Mother’s wheelchair stays out in the hall
    Why should she go out when the TV’s on
    Whatever moves beyond these walls
    She’ll know the facts when Sunday comes along

If you want to know about the mad punk rockers
    If you want to know how to play guitar
    If you want to know about any other suckers
    You can read it in the Sunday papers, read it in the Sunday papers

Sunday papers don’t ask no questions
    Sunday papers don’t get no lies
    Sunday papers don’t raise objections
    Sunday papers ain’t got no eyes

Brother’s heading that way now I guess
    He just read something made his face turn blue
    Well I got nothing against the press
    They wouldn’t print it if it wasn’t true

If you want to know about the gay politician
    If you want to know how to drive your car
    If you want to know about the new sex position
    You can read it in the Sunday papers, read it in the Sunday papers

Read all about it, Sunday papers

58. calli says:

kaysee says:
    April 18, 2021 at 6:29 pm

Mine is “uniqueself”.

AKA “me”. 😀

I have a suspicion that it’s a multi-user term.

59. Snoopy says:

JC says:
    April 16, 2021 at 9:33 am
    Amusing reminder.

We did a renovation over a decade ago and part of the plan was an add-on …. (with a pitched roof). One neighbour went bonkers at us because we used corrugated iron sheets. They were actually specially made. It was a pitched roof too.

We called him the roof critic.

Still laughing.

60. Dot says:

Interesting update from Mike McCulloch:

What quantised inertia says is that the zero point field (and its energised version: Unruh radiation) close to matter is damped (reduced) so light bends towards the matter, sliding down the zpf gradient. This gives Newtonian gravity (see my 2013 paper), but in QI we also have to consider the cosmic horizon of the light which reduces the inertial mass of the photons even more than expected so they bend towards the Sun twice as much as expected. It all works out nicely and gives the equation above. The great advantages of the new QI dynamics are that it gets rid of dark matter, it predicts cosmic acceleration and practical thrust and, unlike bent space which cannot be directly tested, it could be directly tested by measuring the zpf in different places with, say, a Casimir probe.

61. If the bodycam content gets out, it is likely the council & the state govt are rooted.
    & ICook foods stands to reap bigly compensation bucks.

Plus, even worse than losing lots of other people’s money, council staff & public servants would lose a helluva lot of face. (a very important consideration)

None of the above is negated by some white-shoe wearing pot-bellied loudmouth chucking a sad over the precise details of the wages for a deaf lady.

62. Bruce of Newcastle says:

63. JC says:

You should be laughing as it was very funny at the time and posted to convey that. However, I don’t see the point of bringing it up.

Snoopy says:
    April 18, 2021 at 6:47 pm

During the days the NDIS we’re actually supposed to believe this.

It provides permanent wage subsidies to the blind. McSpergy guarantees it.

If this is a tell that something could be problematic in your life then I sincerely feel for you and don’t mean any disrespect. If I did, then I take it all back.

As I’ve said and now will say again for the last time… I don’t feel comfortable believing all that was in the story and there’s next to zero harm in waiting for the facts to drop.

64. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

Perth bidders spend more than $130,000 on Hitler’s personal items at Morley auction
    Rangi HiriniThe West Australian
    Sun, 18 April 2021 3:46PM

An anonymous bidder has paid $29,000 for a cigar box belonging to Nazi leader Adolf Hitler at an auction in Morley today.

Despite calls from the public for the auction to be axed, the metal box bearing the Furher’s personal insignia was one of more than 500 items to go under the hammer.

A crystal decanter from the despot’s tableware collection went for $25,000 and his hairbrush sold for $19,000.

Other items sold belonging to the Nazi leader included his white metal hand mirror which sold for $15,000, a pair of white metal boot brushes which sold for $13,000. A gravy boat was sold for $11,500.

The auction was conducted by Perth’s JB Military Antiques.

Other items sold included a fork which belonged to Eva Braun for $3,800, and a cast-iron Adolf Hitler wall plaque, which sold for $1,300.

65. kaysee says:

Mine is “uniqueself”.

To be really unique, you would need to say “uinqeuslef”.

66. The Headmistress of Brearly school misses the point, simultaneously proving Mr. Gutman’s point.

67. Cassie of Sydney says:

“Bruce of Newcastle says:
    April 18, 2021 at 7:16 pm
    I’m not knocking Bari Weiss btw. Her conversion is awesomely lightning-bolt-on-the-road-to-Damascusly awesome. The amusing thing is we righties have been sitting here for years watching this stuff, and here she comes along with her astounding findings. It’s nice to see a lefty suddenly get, let’s say, woke…”

Yes BoN…that’s what Gad Saad says.

68. JC says:

STFU driller. No one here needs any lessons from you about proving or disproving shit. Go clean the toilets.

69. kaysee says:

YouTube Deleted 2.5 Million ‘Dislikes’ From Biden White House Videos, Data Indicates

YouTube has deleted about 2.5 million ‘dislikes’ from videos on the official White House channel of President Joe Biden, according to data collected and posted online by a researcher who wished to remain anonymous. YouTube recently announced that it’s testing a new page design that hides the dislike count.

The Google-owned video platform allows users to give videos either a thumb up (like) or thumb down (dislike). For at least two years, it’s had a policy to remove likes and dislikes it considers spam.

The White House videos have seen these kinds of interventions on an ongoing basis, but it appears it’s only the dislikes that are disappearing.

70. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

The past several years of your postings reveal otherwise.

Quite so, Sal.

71. Poor JC. Feeling inadequate about his sedentary life & lack of tangible manifestation of any achievement in life.
    So chucks temper tantrums.

Diddums, you sad old git. Learn to live with your internalised inadequacies – you’ve no choice.

72. Bruce of Newcastle says:

Sorry Dot…

New Warp Drive Research Dashes Faster Than Light Travel Dreams (16 Apr)

In 1994, physicist Miguel Alcubierre proposed a radical technology that would allow faster than light travel: the warp drive, a hypothetical way to skirt around the universe’s ultimate speed limit by bending the fabric of reality.

It was an intriguing idea – even NASA has been researching it at the Eagleworks laboratory – but Alcubierre’s proposal contained problems that seemed insurmountable. Now, a recent paper by US-based physicists Alexey Bobrick and Gianni Martire has resolved many of those issues and generated a lot of buzz.

If Bobrick and Martire are right, then a warp drive is just like any other object in motion. It would be subject to the universal speed limit enforced by general relativity after all, and it would need some kind of conventional propulsion system to make it accelerate.

The news gets worse. Many kinds of warp drive can only modify the spacetime inside in a certain way: by slowing down the clock of the passenger in exactly the way that makes a trip into deep space a problem.

Bobrick and Martire do show that some warp drives could travel faster than light, but only if they are created already travelling at that speed – which is no help for any ordinary human hoping for a bit of interstellar tourism.

If God wanted a soft cage to keep humans in, “c” would be an elegant answer.

73. MatrixTransform says:

… I give the 14yo a sip.

drug pusher

74. JC says:

Oh God.

Rones. Which of these two charactors would people here think is you in the vid? Be honest and choose, better still, we should all vote. 🙂

75. … I give the 14yo a sip.

Lol, it’d have about as much kick as a glass of horehound.

76. Dot says:

They’re not right though.

There are a lot of crackpot papers they reckon they can dismiss the Alcubierre metric.

In effect you’re arguing against general relativity.

Get some empirical data or go home!

Dude:

Arxiv…

Gizmodo…

Let me explain it to you.

Lefties HATE the idea of space travel. It means we can tell the government to fuck off.

Starship bloopers
    Bobrick and Martire show that any warp drive must be a shell of material in a constant state of motion, enclosing a flat region of spacetime. The energy of the shell modifies the properties of the spacetime region inside it.

This might not sound like much of a discovery, but until now it was unclear what warp drives might be, physically speaking. Their work tells us that a warp drive is, somewhat surprisingly, like a car. A car is also a shell of energy (in the form of matter) that encloses a flat region of spacetime. The difference is that getting inside a car does not make you age faster. That, however, is the kind of thing a warp drive might do

This is incorrect. White has been manipulating the shape of such a manifold. He has created very small warp bubbles, with data collected by an interferometer.

77. kaysee says:

Don’t forget Naomi Wolf.
    Fascism. The vaccines. Vaccine passports. Freedom. Liberty.

Three short videos.

One (1:18)

Two (2:08)

Three (7:35)

78. Dr Faustus says:

Cranky barman comes to the table when I give the 14yo a sip.

?
    I know bitters has a fairly high alcohol content, but you only put a few drops in LLB. Is this really enough to get the Temperance Movement howling?

79. Dot says:

This is actually retarded.

So a warp bubble can’t be superluminal, but space time expansion can be?

Calling a folded envelope of space “an object” is piss poor semantics.

Woke garbage. Like how a woman is “a male”.

80. Shy Ted says:

Mmmm, slugs. Don’t read para 2.

81. kaysee says:

🐭

The Mayor of Punxsutawney runs into the vet’s office carrying Punxsutawney Phil, screaming for help.

The vet rushes him back to an examination room and has him put the groundhog down on the examination table. The vet examines the still, limp body and after a few moments, tells the Mayor that Phil, regrettably is dead.

The Mayor, clearly agitated and not willing to accept this, demands a second opinion. The vet goes into the back room and comes out with a Black Labrador. The Lab sniffs the body, walks from head to tail, and finally looks at the vet and barks. The vet looks at the Mayor and says, “I’m sorry, but the Lab thinks Phil is dead too.”

The Mayor is still unwilling to accept that Phil is dead. So the vet brings in a Siamese cat and puts the cat down next to the gopher’s body. The Siamese sniffs the body, walks from head to tail, poking and sniffing the gopher’s body and finally looks at the vet and meows. The vet looks at The Mayor and says, “I’m sorry, but the Siamese thinks that Phil is dead, too.”

The Mayor, finally resigned to the diagnosis, thanks the vet and asks how much he owes. The vet answers, “$650.00.”

“$650.00 to tell me that Punxsutawney Phil is dead?!” exclaims the Mayor.

“Well,” the vet replies, “I would only have charged you $50.00 for my initial diagnosis. The additional $600.00 was for the Cat Scan and the Lab Tests.”

82. Mitch M. says:

Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV) says:
    April 18, 2021 at 7:02 pm
    mind blown

Musk’s Neuralink Monkey Plays Mind Pong

Old news. There are many experiments on neural protheses. Musk is just copying it.

83. Bruce of Newcastle says:

Get some empirical data or go home!

Hehe! Dot I’ve a couple dozen international patents from stuff which the theoretical guys said wasn’t possible but which empirically worked in the lab.

Sadly “c” is a serious barrier. When I say serious think “event horizon” or ” absolute zero” or “Planck length”. Serious.

84. Tel says:

… his hairbrush sold for $19,000.

I can see how that one ends, the secret lab clones Hitler from a hair follicle but some of the DNA is missing so they mix in a bit of dinosaur and make up the rest with frogs.

Unfortunately, T-Rex Hitler is very sensitive to polluted water, which is everywhere these days … and he turns gay. Once again Alex Jones was right … it’s almost spooky.

85. Dot says:

Woke garbage leftists sabotaging nuclear energy are the real threat to interstellar space flight.

For the last time people, we are not using solar sails and cryogenics.

86. Bruce of Newcastle says:

I should say I know why the ideas worked, the theoretical guys just mistook computational limits for reality, which is quite complex. Lots of scenic routes are available in the universe, but sadly while I’ve found several chemistry ones I’ve not yet found one that gets around the speed of light. Which is a right bummer.

87. Tony Rooney says:

In his book “The Minefield” Greg Lockhart mentions 9 Battalion the Royal Australian Regiment 26 times.

What Lockhart omits to mention is that at the time that Stuart Graham made the decision in early 1967 to put in the barrier 9RAR was not even raised…

Graham, like OD Jackson was required to perform the tasks required of 3 Battalions while only having an establishment of 2.

Ironically the national service scheme that was critical to the expansion of the Pacific Islands Regiment from 1 to 3 Battalions and the Royal Australian Regiment from 3 Effective Battalions to 9 had not got fully into gear.

Apropos of nothing, the cream of the National Service teacher’s college graduates were sent to the PIR as ‘chalkies’ And didn’t they have the life…Entrée to the Sergeants Mess and servants straight of the bat.

Eventually the Australian Task Force would be expanded to the three Battalions plus Tanks plus other supporting elements that it should have had at the beginning. But in 1967 Graham was faced with impossible choices.

Lockhart notes that the extent of each day’s work when laying the barrier was indicated by Vietnamese children flying kites every afternoon at the finishing point. What Lockhart omits to mention is that the theft of M16 mines from the Australian barrier was mostly conducted by children. Those kids sent in to lift them were the first casualties.

Rice Paddy ethos. Just lost one – we can easily make another. Not judging, just saying.

In hindsight it was naïve of Graham to believe that Vietnamese militia would adequately guard the barrier. If it was suggested to Graham that “They’ll just send their kids in to nick them” He would never have believed it. A cultural impasse.

I can think of at least one reason why Lockhart is reticent to address this cultural impasse.

Lockhart squibbed it. It’s not what he put in. It’s what he left out.

Lockhart was RMC class of ’68. Same class as Peter Cosgrove. I think the politics of envy is strong in this one.

I laughed until I nearly blew a foofoof valve when Don Tate’s positive review of Lockhart’s flawed work was offered up as a supporting argument.

Don Tate has a You Tube Channel that has some uncanny similarities to Whittaker’s blog spot. In 8 years it has only managed to attract 13 subscribers.

By comparison Arky is rating his tits off.

But yeah, Greg Lockhart good. Ben Robert Smith bad. Apparently there is some sort of connection between the two. Along with his other crimes BRS has put the wrong fuel in a quad bike.

Whittaker – can’t do primary school level maths and dates don’t appear to matter…

88. Dot says:

It’s almost as though Bruce goes blind temporarily when the words ALCUBIERRE METRIC pop up.

89. Judge Dredd says:

Although the media and social media actively suppress the horrible side effects from the not-vaccines, you can still find them if you look.
    Here’s two healthy young males getting seizures minutes after getting the Moderna genetic therapy not-vaccine.

90. Bruce of Newcastle says:

It’s almost as though Bruce goes blind temporarily

I’m turning into a brushtail possum Dot. Like Jeff Goldblum in The Fly. My elderly lady possum is nearly blind in the light of my porch.

I tried a dangerous empirical experiment just now: “will a brushtail possum climb onto a bare human arm?” Brushtails have claws like knives.

Answer is yes, they will, although with a lot of uncertainty and with the automatic focus deciding to not work. I tried again a few minutes later with a carrot but she was very pissed off by that time and just wouldn’t.

91. Dot says:

Jesus. I don’t want kids, I think…

I had sex with a guy for coachella tickets and he gave me coachella tickets for sex BUT IT WAS JUST A COINCIDENCE!

Who Paid for Your Coachella Ticket?

92. Rex Anger says:

ALCUBIERRE METRIC

SPEHSS MEGICK!!!1!

🤪🤪🤪

93. Bruce Of Newcastle:

CNN’s major viewership decline would typically be the sort of thing to alarm staffers, but Lemon said he cares more about who is in the White House than the success of his network.

Well, he would say that, wouldn’t he?

94. FlyingPigs says:

@Dot

I love your arguments against BoN’s reasoning.

As much as I would love to consider faster than light travel there may be a few more items to work out.

I always liked the concept that someone put forward, ???, of mind travel whereby humans projected themselves through space.

95. Dot says:

Some of the critical information is out of date, Rex (regarding energy requirements). Alcubierre is also Mexican, not Spanish.

Is The Alcubierre Warp Drive Possible? | Space Time | PBS Digital Studios

IT IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE: THIS CONCEPT DOES NOT BREAK THE RULE ON A COSMIC SPEED LIMIT.

96. Mater says:

This also from Greg Lockhart:

Why did Brigadier Graham, who was widely regarded as one of the most talented officers of his generation, proceed with such a disastrous course of action, in the face of warnings from his subordinates? Stated baldly, because his colonial construction of Vietnamese affairs meant he had no clear idea of who or where his enemy was…

For anyone who did well in the military bureaucracy in the period, acceptance of the ‘domino theory’ was also a wise career choice. According to this doctrine, something had to be done or the countries of South-East Asia and, ultimately, Australia would fall one by one to the downward thrust of the Asiatic dominions of international communism. And the relevance of this notion to the construction of Graham’s strategic assumptions was reflexive: if one believed the communists were ‘coming down’, the construction of barrier defences to prevent such a thrust was the obvious response…

For Graham and his superiors in Canberra, where a powerful political bias determined the perceived threat of communism, communism was the enemy, not nationalism, which was the real threat. Graham and his colleagues were never officially informed that, by encouraging US intervention in Vietnam, the role of their small task force in Phuoc Tuy Province was to suppress inde- pendent Asian nationalism.
    Once Graham got the prestigious appointment of Commander 1ATF, the main components of the military problem as he saw it on the battlefield were thus colonial constructions…

So yeah, his biases kinda sit nicely with Progressive Bob and his “anti-colonial”, “domino theory is shit”, “It was Nationalism, not Communism” tripe.

97. Knuckle Dragger says:

‘a powerful political bias determined the perceived threat of communism’

Straight out of the old coward’s (failed) playbook.

The one with a foreword by John McBain. And sponsored by Lithgow Arms.

With a picture of him on the back cover. With his name tag on.

98. Dr Faustus says:

I see that the Leprechaun has generic, positional QANTAS ads running on peak FTA TV.

Pointing to a 97.3% chance of some form of Covid Passport.
    Leading to a full-form Australian Social Credit system.

99. kaysee says:

Channel 9 must be so chuffed.
    Not only did they manage to get nation-wide attention,
    they have made it into overseas blogs with this.

100. Rex Anger says:

@ Mater-

This Lockhart character sounds more or less identical to Collaborator Bob.

Whose sock is whose?

Or is Bob a bigger plagiarist than even he is willing to admit?

101. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

Completely overlooking the fact that there was only ever going to be one model of Government for an independent Viet Nam – any rival Nationalists were either betrayed to the French, or purged, beginning days after Ho Chi Minh’s declaration of independence, in Hanoi, in Spetember 1946.

102. Bruce of Newcastle says:

they have made it into overseas blogs with this

Prince P…?
    I gather Nine’s spell checker thought “eulogy” should be “urology”.

103. Mater says:

This Lockhart character sounds more or less identical to Collaborator Bob.

Oh, I don’t know.
    I’m leaning towards a theory that Australia’s strategy in Afghanistan was negatively influenced by our colonial heritage and the ADF’s anachronistic methods of fighting the natives off their land.

104. Zyconoclast says:

Why?
    Did they think Mr Hitler was getting a cut of the proceeds?

105. thefrollickingmole says:

Yup, not Communist.
    Supported by communists.
    Imposing communist regime wherever he could.

Wang aspires to the level of useful idiot.

106. kaysee says:

Mostly peaceful protests.

Antifa set the Apple store in Portland on fire.

107. mh says:

Antifa set the Apple store in Portland on fire.

lol

The young ones are so confused

108. Tony Rooney says:

Mater says:
    April 18, 2021 at 8:26 pm

This also from Greg Lockhart:

Are you seeing a pattern?

Lockhart had it in for Graham in the same way Whittaker has for Warland.

Is it just envy of others success that drives the monomania?

The strategic decision to introduce National Service was driven by two critical events in late 1964. Lockhart and Whittaker ignore both of them.

First, was the The Battle of Nam Đông that took place from July 5–6 1964. An Australian Warrant Officer Grumpy Conway was present and killed in this action. Also present at Nam Dong was a US Anthropologist Gerald Hickey. It was Hickey who identified those dead on the Nam Dong wire as NVA troops not Viet Cong. This was the first indication that it was no longer a revolution but an invasion. It pre-dated the Gulf of Tonkin incident, often claimed as the ‘casus belli’ by about a month. By July 8th the US knew shit was about to get real.

Australia did too. Australian Colonel Ted Serong was into Nam Dong before the smoke had cleared. He spoke to Hickey and made his own independent observations. Which were reported to Menzies cabinet.

The second critical event that tipped the decision was the landing of Indonesian paratroopers into Peninsular Malaysia at Johore during ‘Confrontasi’ in September 1964. Greg Warland was a witness for that one…

In late 1964 while communism might not have been monolithic, events sure made it look that way. The strategic decision to introduce National Service was made because the Menzies Government thought that they would have to fight the WW2 New Guinea Campaign redux on the PNG – West Irian Border.

There’s a reason why you will never hear polemicists like Lockhart and Whittaker admit that the PIR and RAR were tripled at the same time.

It ruins their narrative.

It’s never what they put in. It’s what they leave out that matters.

109. Rex Anger says:

Oh, I don’t know.

Not enough smallpox…

110. kaysee says:

Ponderable Points 🐻

One

Two

111. thefrollickingmole says:

Those “ it’s Hitlers toothbrush” auctions make me laugh.
    Every tin pot town in Germany sent gifts to Hitler.
    Pretending it’s really Hitlers wanking glove is harmless but stupid.

112. kaysee says:

🐹

One

Two

Three

113. Rex Anger says:

Nope.

Is he another co-ideologist of Bob’s?

114. Rex Anger says:

Those “ it’s Hitlers toothbrush” auctions make me laugh.
    Every tin pot town in Germany sent gifts to Hitler.
    Pretending it’s really Hitlers wanking glove is harmless but stupid.

We can laugh all we like, but the Nazis were the folk who coined the term kitsch to describe the hyper-commercialised ephemera that they felt diluted their brand.

They remain (as far as I know) the only regime to ever ban kitsch items.

115. FlyingPigs says:

Rex Anger says:
    April 18, 2021 at 9:02 pm

should have dropped blankets

116. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

Interesting post, Tony, thank you. “no longer a revolution, but an invasion.”

117. MatrixTransform says:

Hitlers wanking glove

Who’d want one of those old things…

these days I believe, there’s a DIN standard glove made to exacting specifications

118. JC says:

Rones

Your last comment is one of the most selfless and important observations posted here.

119. Rex Anger says:

NSN or it’s bullshit…

120. Tony Rooney says:

Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:
    April 18, 2021 at 8:44 pm

Diem would never have become President of the RVN unless his elder brother Ngô Đình Khôi had not been killed because he was a rival to the communists in 1945. It’s a Confucian thing…

At one time Ngo Dinh Diem was captured by the Viet Minh and personally interviewed by Ho Chi Minh. HCM apologised for the excesses meted out to his brother. Diem was set free.

The official version of how Ngô Đình Khôi was executed was that he was buried alive. That’s partially true.

He was buried alive from the neck down and then had his head beaten in with shovels.

A bit excessive, but communists have got to communist.

Am I right?

121. Beertruk says:

I gather Nine’s spell checker thought “eulogy” should be “urology”.

Pretty much sums up Nine’s journalistic competence.

122. Mater says:

Sure have. He used to darken the door of the Beaudesert RSL.

123. Rockdoctor says:

Test

124. Beertruk says:

NSN or it’s bullshit…

It would be sitting in the QStore on a shelf.

125. MatrixTransform says:

NSN or it’s bullshit…

It’s true … they advertise them on Fairfax channels all the time

126. Rex Anger says:

communists have got to communist.

As Bob reminds us daily…

127. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

Diem would never have become President of the RVN

It’s emerging, from the research done with access to the North Vietnamese archives, that the North Vietnamese gave Diem a far better chance of winning any “free and fair” elections, then they admitted at the time.

128. BrettW says:

JC reads a horrendous story involving framing a business employing 40 odd people and closing it down and serious council/Government corruption. His sole focus is that the journalist did not go into great detail about the hiring and payment details of the disabled. That causes him to doubt the truth of the main story.

Oh well, any excuse, no matter how moronic, for him to have a stoush with Sal.

My judgement is I hope there is some serious jail time, job losses and big payout to the victims.

“Mole, my concern (at the very beginning) about this story is that a few things don’t ring true. I’ve said a few times now there’s no reason to rush to judgement as we can all wait and see how it unfolds”.

129. Rex Anger says:

NSN or it’s bullshit…

It would be sitting in the QStore on a shelf.

Yeah, but used or unused? 🤢

130. Rockdoctor says:

Some reason a rebuttal to the Lockhart crap above sin binned bypassing moderation. Take 3 in parts:

I have been to places in Asia many a year later after the conflict subsided. I read a lot of foreign affairs stuff when there especially from Asian bookshops from both sides. I have met people in Thailand who were caught between the two including a lady and her family who spent sometimes in the 1980’s hiding in shelters at night from the crossfire. I don’t know this Lockhart so this is my take having no military background other than a son of Viet Vet and taking an amateur interest for whatever reason to this part of the world:

131. Rockdoctor says:

Domino theory wasn’t just a theory, they were really trying it. From the inside first by revolution. Mate’s mrs, the Thai mentioned above and her family not shy on telling anyone about communist overtures from Cambodia that didn’t stop when the Viets invaded. They even tried the same stuff on characterising it as peoples revolution in Isaan along the borders from Laos. Read the Jingle is Neutral and the CT’s tried similar terror tactics there. Indonesia before Sukarno was deposed. The threat was real.

132. Rockdoctor says:

For Graham and his superiors in Canberra, where a powerful political bias determined the perceived threat of communism, communism was the enemy, not nationalism, which was the real threat. Graham and his colleagues were never officially informed that, by encouraging US intervention in Vietnam, the role of their small task force in Phuoc Tuy Province was to suppress inde-pendent Asian nationalism.

Simplistic at best, more likely lazy justification on ones world view. In all these countries was communism dressed up as nationalism. Ken Suter stuff.

133. Rex Anger says:

A useful idiot who subsequently turned out not to be? By force of character or fatal intrigue?

134. Tony Rooney says:

Rex Anger says:
    April 18, 2021 at 9:04 pm

Nope.

Is he another co-ideologist of Bob’s?

Sorry Rex.

Doug Gibbons was Whittaker’s Platoon Commander for a few weeks before it was discovered that Bob’s martial skills weren’t up to scratch and he was SNLRed. He made no secret of the fact that he wanted to get back in one piece.

It was an amazing couple of weeks though.

So few weeks, so many fantastically multi cultural sections that he belonged to. Don’t ask… It’s like trying to nail custard.

“Jellybeans in the Jungle”

Apparently his greatest regret during that period was writing home stuff that got his Parish Priest in the shit with the bishop.

Paging Leigh Lowe. Want a transcript?

135. Beertruk says:

Yeah, but used or unused?

Hmmmm…wasn’t going to go there but…if you were in the miltary you know what it is like handing weapons back to the armoury after an ex and/or a range shoot.

136. Dot says:

BrettW says:
    April 18, 2021 at 9:24 pm

They don’t ring true though.

Journalists are fucking idiots, Brett.

137. Rex Anger says:

Yeah. 5 days after handing them back clean, all the crap’s allegedly sweat itself out of the metal…

Let’s do it all again, boys! 🤪

138. Knuckle Dragger says:

‘Another RMC classmate of Lockhart and Cosgrove was Doug Gibbons. I’m not sure whether you’ve heard of him?’

Gibbo!

Ravo!

Dapo!

139. Oh well, any excuse, no matter how moronic, for him to have a stoush with Sal.

A stoush which as usual left him looking like a plonker.
    It gets tiresome.
    He should just quit this site & gloat over his AACo holdings.

140. JC says:

Look back, Brett. I didn’t start anything with the FNQ blowhard. I made a comment directed to custard saying I have suspicions about this story and would be prefer to wait for the evidence is tested in court.

It was after I said this the blowhard commented.

You now need to explain why it’s wrong to wait? What’s the hurry?

141. Rex Anger says:

But let us not make too many jokes about expended ordnance, beertruk.

Too many (relatively) innocent minds on this blog…

142. Steve trickler says:

I finally finished watching the latest Gavin McInnes show.

Here

The last caller suggested to check out this bloke. So I did. He makes a lot of valid points.

Harsh language alert…

Daunte Wright… Comply And You Won’t Die

143. Beertruk says:

Thats it Rex. 🙂

Meanwhile:
    Odd Angry Shot

144. Rex Anger says:

Meanwhile:
    Odd Angry Shot

I remain astounded that sequence is still permitted on PrudeTube…

145. JC says:

Oh look, the driller is stoush trolling – trying to put a posse together. What are bankrupt blowhard.

146. Rex Anger says:

Stop it, JC.

I buy you a Bowler Hat.

I’ll do it.

You know I will…

147. Rex Anger says:

And I’ll make sure Sinc presents it to you at the next Melbournibad Cat-chup, even!

148. Colonel Crispin Berka says:

Connor J. Charchuk @CJCharchuk · Mar 9

The work of @JonHaidt , @BretWeinstein, Elinor Ostrum, Schmachtenberger, et al. seems to coalesce around a central ideal:
    Hyper-individualization has led to predictable game theoretic catastrophe, but collectivism is no solution. We must reacquaint communally around a shared fate

And right on cue, the Great Reset arrives to give us the shared fate. Like clockwork.

149. Rex Anger says:

So how is this:

Any different to this?

We must reacquaint communally around a shared fate

Do I need to be EdUcAtEd to understand how these two concepts are actually mutually exclusive?

#SmoothBrains

150. Kev says:

Nope.

Is he another co-ideologist of Bob’s?

No way but he was Bob’s Pl Comd at one stage – poor bugger. Great bloke. Went on to command NORFORCE but cancer got him.

151. Tony Rooney says:

Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:
    April 18, 2021 at 9:08 pm

Interesting post, Tony, thank you. “no longer a revolution, but an invasion.”

For sure.

Now that this has been bought to Whittaker’s attention, I’ll be expecting to see it in the bibliography…

Hickey was a legend. A great friend to the Montagnard that he devoted his life to. He was the original ‘woke’ but unfortunately because his work in Vietnam was sponsored by RAND he was shunned by US Academia.

The fact that Hickey was never bitter about this amazes me.

So there’s nothing new under the sun…

152. Bruce in WA says:

PROGRESS REPORT
    Tennant Creek
    Made it from Darwin a day without too much hassle. Safari Lodge is recommended; new and clean with nice people. Dinner at “Woks Up” in the main drag. Basic but tasty Chinese in a clean, cool restaurant. Recommended. No hassles that night except for a car alarm at 1.30 am. Not my car.

Uluru
    Another long day. My back/neck gave out about 120 km from Uluru and Madame took over. Upgraded to Sails resort when we got to Uluru. Hugely exxie per night but pleasant. Saw the sunset on the rock. Outstanding!! Up early tomorrow for sunrise tour. It’s almost CGI territory when the rock is up close.

Olgas then back to Alice tomorrow. Two nights there so a bit of a break.

Time for the cot. Night all.

153. Rex Anger says:

Are there any Cats brighter or wiser than me, who can explain how Collectivism is not Collectivism?

154. Rex Anger says:

No way but he was Bob’s Pl Comd at one stage – poor bugger

Indeed.

155. Rex Anger says:

The fact that Hickey was never bitter about this amazes me.

Bigger fish to fry than appeasing the small-souled bugmen who pretended to share his space?

Or his understanding of human nature through observing behaviour and history left him more aware of them than they of him?

156. Knuckle Dragger says:

Good work Bruce.

Nice to know Wok’s Up’s still there.

157. Bruce in WA says:

Thanks KD

158. MatrixTransform says:

Olgas then back to Alice tomorrow

The Rock is pretty awesome

Remember watching a rainbow bee eater patrol the air space over a triangular pond snug against the the rock. A single fish ( a big one too) patrolled the water

The Olgas was surreal.

enjoy yr trip

159. No way but he was Bob’s Pl Comd at one stage – poor bugger

I’m a little rusty, is the Pl Comd vested with the power to have one of his number shot?
    Or am I thinking of the wrong army?

There’s so much we could learn from overseas forces, had we the inclination.

160. Knuckle Dragger says:

‘is the Pl Comd vested with the power to have one of his number shot?’

If Liability Bob held a commission from Er Maj, and somebody else’s tent was a whiny recalcitrant private, then yes.

161. I made a comment directed to custard saying I have suspicions about this story and would be prefer to wait for the evidence is tested in court.

Stop deflecting you dishonest old git.
    It’s not waiting for the process to play out that is in question, your methodology sux.
    As Brett W so aptly observes.

Easy to see you’ve never had to put rubber on the road to make anything work.
    You’ve only ever talked for a living – sort of like a Hollywood celebrity.

162. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

Breaking, from the Oz.

Dutton pulls rank on ADF medal ban

Exclusive
    Ben Packham
    Foreign Affairs and Defence Correspondent
    @bennpackham
    5 minutes ago April 18, 2021

Australia’s special forces veterans who served in Afghanistan will retain their Meritorious Unit Citations unless convicted of war crimes or sacked for poor conduct.

Peter Dutton, in his first major public decision in the Defence portfolio, will officially overrule Chief of the Defence Force Angus Campbell’s decision to strip the citations from more than 3000 special forces soldiers as a “collective punishment” for the alleged crimes uncovered by the Brereton inquiry.

Mr Dutton will announce the move on Monday – just a week out from Anzac Day – declaring “99 per cent of our ADF personnel serve, and have served, our country with distinction”.

Mr Dutton told The Australian the nation would remember the original Anzacs on April 25, “but my focus will be on those who have returned from recent conflicts”.

“We honour these young men and women and they will be wearing their unit citation medal with pride,” he said.

“Almost 40,000 honoured our country with their service in Afghanistan and Iraq and I couldn’t be more proud of their sacrifice. We honour them and their loved ones this Anzac Day.”

In a show of support, Mr Dutton will visit the Special Air Service Regiment – the unit at the centre of the war crimes allegations – at Perth’s Campbell Barracks on Monday afternoon. His ruling will mean soldiers will retain their unit citations unless they are found guilty of a war crime, are sacked as an accessory to an alleged crime, or dismissed for failing to uphold army standards.

The SASR’s 2 Squadron, which was linked to the majority of the alleged war crimes, was abolished earlier this year on the CDF’s orders. But Scott Morrison put General Campbell’s revocation of the unit citation on hold after an outpouring of anger from veterans and their families.

163. Colonel Crispin Berka says:

So how is this
    Any different to this?

Make an effort and answer your own question.
    Or answer this one if it is easier: Is there any type of shared fate that is not imposed politically by the people attempting to collaborate about it?

164. JC says:

Driller

Stfu and go dust the bar, you dishonest imbecile. Doesn’t work well being on your own these days, does it? 🙂

165. Beertruk says:

Brilliant. Campbell is made to look like the retard that he is.

166. Brilliant. Campbell is made to look like the retard that he is.

Yep. Dutton has sent more than one message with that move.
    Good on him.

167. Knuckle Dragger says:

‘Brilliant. Campbell is made to look like the retard that he is.’

He probably hired 101 Doll Squadron the other day and then threw some poxy Captain under the bus when it went wrong.

168. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

Take a Panadol or something stronger for the neck pain and enjoy the touring, Bruce. It all sounds like fun, and the experience of a new place is always good.

When you are travelling a little push on the drug button can help keep you going.

169. Rex Anger says:

Yep. Dutton has sent more than one message with that move.
    Good on him.

It’s a good start. A mighty good start.

But like the boy who put his finger in the dyke got punched out (Trust me, I got a whole story about puncturing someone’s innocence with that one-liner…), we still need to see what happens with the counterswing from the Wokerati wearing the ADF’s General Staff like an ill-fitting skinsuit…

170. Tony Rooney says:

Rex Anger says:
    April 18, 2021 at 9:53 pm
    The fact that Hickey was never bitter about this amazes me.

I don’t know.

If I were Hickey I’d be furious at the opportunities denied me just because my passion was sponsored by what was regarded as an unworthy source.

I can’t think of any other civilian apart from maybe Neil Davis or Tim Page who saw the same intensity of combat that Hickey did.

He got no credit for that.

Significantly, Hickey called invasion rather than revolution a month before the ‘Gulf of Tonkin’ incident. That doesn’t suit the MSM narrative regarding Vietnam, so he is doubly ignored.

He was a river to his people…

171. Steve trickler says:

The Honduras series continues with Indigo Traveller.

A day in Tegucigalpa, Capital City of Honduras.

Walking Streets of Honduras Capital City (extremely dangerous) 27:03

172. Arky says:

Numberwang should start a YouTube channel.
    It’s taken two year, but my channel gets 250+ views a day, mostly from the USA. And that’s just some sad fuck rooting around in his shed.
    Now, if wang started a weekly Vietnam bleat… I mean chat, eventually it might get good views too. Put a link up to your jellybeans malarky, and bobs yer aunty.
    Save him from bothering everyone on here so much.
    Fuck me, I’d even watch it just for the giggles.

173. FlyingPigs says:

Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:
    April 18, 2021 at 10:06 pm
    Breaking, from the Oz.

Dutton pulls rank on ADF medal ban

Forget that.

What does Magda have to say about this?

174. Rex Anger says:

@ Arky-

Youtube might even prune the dislikes for him. They’re already doing it foe his mate in the White House…

@ Tony Rooney-

150% agree.

It has been very uncomfortable for me to acknowledge that I am living in a modernist’s interpretation of what 1920s and 30s Euro Fascism, tinged with a spot of 1950/60s CCP Cultural Revolution, might be.

Praise God for Eternity, cos there’s not a lot of hind- or foresight to be had in this benighted age…

175. Arky says:

What does Magda have to say about this?

She feels there wasn’t enough gravy on those twerking bi-arches.

176. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

What does Magda have to say about this?

Who gives a fvck?

177. MatrixTransform says:

a little push on the drug button

omg … this place is worse than the dark web

178. Mark A says:

Bruce in WA says:
    April 18, 2021 at 9:49 pm

PROGRESS REPORT

Good that you enjoy it Bruce, but if I may ask, why the rush?
    You are retired aren’t you?

179. Rex Anger says:

Not Magda.

You can’t make me…

You…can’t…

NOOOOOOOOOO!…

180. Tony Rooney says:

Arky says:
    April 18, 2021 at 10:26 pm
    Numberwang should start a YouTube channel.
    Save him from bothering everyone on here so much.
    Fuck me, I’d even watch it just for the giggles.

I’m pretty sure that you’ll find that it was just Mater

181. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

omg … this place is worse than the dark web

No worries, Matrix. I always travel with a veritable pharmacopia of utilities.

No injectibles though. So not that sort of button.

182. Leigh Lowe says:

Dutton’s messaging:-
    “The rudderless days of Pahn and Reynolds are gone. I run this shit-show now.”

183. Rex Anger says:

I’m pretty sure that you’ll find that it was just Mater

I feel bad for laughing at this…

184. Tony Rooney says:

Rex Anger says:
    April 18, 2021 at 10:39 pm
    I’m pretty sure that you’ll find that it was just Mater

I feel bad for laughing at this…

If Arky gets a sudden upswing say from Botswana.

Mater confirmed…

185. MatrixTransform says:

No injectibles though. So not that sort of button.

lol
    hope your battles wit the machine (MRI) are going ok.

186. Leigh Lowe says:

In Crickit news:-

“A selfish 190 from Queensssland’s Marnus Labushagne and two dismal innings by the NSW Blues have combined to rob Joe Burns of the potential of a career-saving second innings 50 chasing a modest target in the Sheffield Shield final.”

187. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

It’s cold in Sydney tonight. Better bring up that four bar heater from the shed, I say to Hairy. It’s not Anzac Day yet, he says in horror. Apparently you can’t use heaters in Sydney before Anzac Day in his view of the way the world works.

And that’s the difference between men and women; women work by how they feel (eg. cold) and men work by how they think (eg. ordered).

188. Beertruk says:

“The rudderless days of Pahn and Reynolds are gone. I run this shit-show now.”

I hope Dutton’s words to the effect are ‘you joined the military, the miliary did not join you.’

189. Leigh Lowe says:

Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

April 18, 2021 at 10:45 pm

It’s cold in Sydney tonight

Bloody oath it is.
    Can barely hold the ciggy between chattering teeth out on the balcony in Double Pay.
    Promises to be noice tomorrow but.

190. Arky says:

I’ll give wang the benefit of my desultory efforts:
    1. Go to No Copyright Sounds and pick yourself a funky intro track. Make sure you credit it in the description.
    2. Put together a bit of a studio space at home – lighting, background, camera & tripod. Buy a good camera with a built in microphone. Have a dedicated computer with good graphics capability to do everything: edit, upload, store the vids.
    3. Get some video editing software. Actually pay for it.
    4. Give your channel a memorable name: “Wang in Nam”, “The Daily Commo” whatever.
    5. Fucking smile and appear at least a bit happy while talking.
    6. Edit out all the umms, ahhhhs, pauses and some of the less balletic arse scratching.
    7. Give each vid a catchy title that gives the audience a vague notion that it might be more interesting than it actually is.
    8. Take some funky photos of relevant shit to use as thumbnails.
    9. Promote the shit out of each video if you can be bothered, or if like me, you can’t, just put a link up at the cat each time and hope eventually an audience will find you.

191. jupes says:

Meanwhile his government continues to ruin the lives of 19 veterans by employing 70 odd lawyers and such to work full time to put them in jail. They will continue to do this for many years to come.

Oh, and the craven and token decision to disband 2 SQN remains. An utterly pointless gesture in many ways, not least of which, in all likelihood none of those 19 soldiers still served there.

192. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

More, from the Oz.

In one case, the father of a commando killed by a Taliban rocket attack said if the CDF wanted to take his son’s service award, he could ­“collect it himself from my son’s gravestone”.

193. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

hope your battles wit the machine (MRI) are going ok.

Hmm. Got a date with two surgeons working together on May 3rd.
    I hope this is so they can keep an eye on each other’s work.
    One male, one female. I hope she does the stitching.

I’m living it up till then. 🙂

194. feelthebern says:

What kind of retard buys this shit?
    Also, didn’t he stop smoking about the time he stopped drinking ?

195. Arky says:

What kind of retard buys this shit?

Not me. I’m saving up to buy Napoleon’s cock.

196. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

Give your channel a memorable name: “Wang in Nam”, “The Daily Commo”

lol, Arky. “Boredom for Beginners” might be OK for a start. Second episode could be “Tedium Explained”. Third episode “Yawning for Fun and Profit”.

197. feelthebern says:

The Oz is reporting that the charity watch dog has or is going to strip the JW’s of their DGR status.
    Of all the organisations they could investigate, the JW’s are the ones they are going after?
    Pretty sure there were some schools in western Sydney that ran foul to the charity watch dog over the last couple of years, but they still have they DGR status intact.

198. It’s cold in Sydney tonight.

Thanks Lizzie.
    I’ll start running job ads in the southern capitals immediately.
    The first bite of chill usually leads to a couple of decent prospects.

199. thefrollickingmole says:

Caught the promo for Magdas stint on the weakest link.
    Black may be a slimming colour but it has its limits, and these have clearly been passed.

In the promo she bites off one of her black gloves in a “ menacing” way, a maximum chips and a hogsheads of gravy and it could have been second breakfast.

200. feelthebern says:

Also, it’s amazing that every muesli household in the UK & Canada is adhering to the lock down laws during Ramadan.

201. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

What kind of retard buys this shit?

I saw Eva Braun’s evening purse in a museum in Norway that was chock full of that sort of stuff, including two original water colours by Hitler. The purse was quite elegant but I wasn’t at all interested in owning it and it wasn’t for sale anyway. The Hitler paintings were terrible, chocolate box pics of a house and garden, rather like your grandma might do. If only someone had told him in 1928 they were great and he should retire to a garret in Paris to paint rather than overrun France the world would have been a better place.

202. feelthebern says:

The German history museum in Berlin has Napoleons belongings the Krauts grabbed at Waterloo.
    He really was tiny.

203. Leigh Lowe says:

If only he had identified as an Aboriginal lesvuan and put in an Australia Council application.
    The National Gallery would have even more shit paintings than it does now, but 6 million Choos would have been spared.
    And Josh Friedeggburger would be Treasurer of Hungary.

204. Leigh Lowe says:

lesvuan = lesbian

205. Steve trickler says:

You’ll need an hour and ten minutes, ladies and gents. The Masai adventure continues with Harold.

01:09​ Storing the Federal meat reserves
    03:33​ Skull BBQ chair
    04:38​ Liver tasting
    05:56​ Masaai fried goat meat in pot
    10:37​ The Firestarter
    16:50​ Hammering a 2kg ball of fat
    22:13​ Medicinal soup takes shape
    29:13​ Digging up medicinal trees w/Mango
    33:48​ Don Seniors cameo 🐐
    41:11​ More raw meat for the medicinal soup
    52:53​ Mystery meat dish has best taste
    56:23​ Uber bush meat delivery service w/Heraldo
    57:17​ Don Juniors cameo 🐐
    58:37​ Medicinal soup nears completion

■ TANZANIA, TANGANYIKA: Since the Masai tribes of Tanganyika sustain themselves on a diet based on Ugali (maize) and plants, a proper BBQ is an occasion to truly treasure. So when a goat or cow is indeed slaughtered, no part of the animal goes to waste.

After purchasing a goat in the tribal market yesterday, for the sole purpose of giving the whole tribe which have shown me such great hospitality a protein filled BBQ day out in the sun, we ventured out into the forest to begin preparations for the feast.

What ensued was 8 hours of non-stop Masai style cooking and eating. Several dishes and medicinal soups were cooked and devoured today. The exact names of the many different Masai dishes made are:

Rare Tribal BBQ: Medicinal Masai Soup 🇹🇿

206. Leigh Lowe says:

Not me. I’m saving up to buy Napoleon’s cock.

Unless there are two Napoleonic cocks, I have bought a dud.

207. Arky says:

Unless there are two Napoleonic cocks, I have bought a dud.

Who cares? You still get to take it out at parties and tell everyone what it is, and surprise some lucky chick by slipping it into her drink.

208. Leigh Lowe says:

It appears I have paid $25k for a worthless piece of saucisse de morteau.
    Looks like cassoulet for tea tomorrow.

209. Lazlo says:

Unless there are two Napoleonic cocks, I have bought a dud.

Funny, but Hitler only had one ball.

210. Funny, but Hitler only had one ball.

His one-upmanship over Goebbels is confirmed.

211. Mitch M. says:

Rex Anger says:
    April 18, 2021 at 9:46 pm
    So how is this:

Any different to this?

We must reacquaint communally around a shared fate

#SmoothBrains

Oh cynical one! Don’t you know we’re all in this together! 🤣

212. Lazlo says:

Goering has two, but they are small.

213. Goering has two, but they are small.

Similar to Heinrich then.

214. Lazlo says:

Himmler has something simmler, but…

215. Arky says:

Lazlo says:
    April 18, 2021 at 11:30 pm
    Himmler has something simmler, but…

I resent that these immature blitherings have intruded upon a mature and thoughtful discussion on the interesting topic of Napoleon’s cock.

216. mh says:

Paywallian

CHARLES STEPS UP

The heir becomes more apparent as Queen winds down
    The Prince of Wales will increasingly help the Queen with the daily red boxes of government business, courtiers say. The Queen will reside at Windsor Castle and only return to Buckingham Palace for official functions.

217. Lazlo says:

It was about two Napoleonic cocks and how they outflanked at Borodino.

218. Lazlo says:

Anyway, just to finish off:

But poor old Goebbels has no balls at all.

219. Rex Anger says:

Oh cynical one! Don’t you know we’re all in this together! 🤣

Only coz Scotty won’t let us out…

220. Rex Anger says:

France got it good and hard.

It conquered (or damn well tried) every fair maiden it saw in Central and Western Europe.

It froze in indecision in Russia.

And the English, Belgians and Prussians smashed it flat at Waterloo.

And therein lies the story of Sharpe’s Rifles…

(I loved them in Anna Karenina)

221. Lazlo says:

For the uneducated, these were the words for the song wistled in the Bridge Over the River Kwai.

222. Dot says:

Burns.

Robbed eight times.

223. Dot says:

WOW

Read the comments. Married dudes with their missuses in profile pics are preaching “red pill extremism”, like Men Grabbing Their Own Wallets.

It’s not just the dating apps. Men are frightened of being classed as sexist, misogonist even rapist if they so much as look at a girl these days… Men would sooner have a five knuckle shuffle than a prison sentance… you got yourselves to blame.

Gay guys blame feminism too:

Alert- many comments below ignoring the impact of Me To and similar movements. My straight friends flat say the risk is to great to randomly talk to women. Ladies, you dug your own hole. How’s all the 3rd wave feminism working out for you?

224. Dot says:

WOW

It’s not just the dating apps. Men are frightened of being classed as sexist, misogonist even wapist if they so much as look at a girl these days… Men would sooner have a five knuckle shuffle than a prison sentance… you got yourselves to blame.

Gay guys blame feminism too:

225. Arky says:

. Ladies, you dug your own hole.

Too be fair, I also dug their holes.

226. BrettW says:

From Daily Mail. What a piece of work.

Almost a week to the day of the death of Daunte Wright, protests in Minnesota entered a seventh night on Saturday, with California Representative Maxine Waters making an appearance. Waters told the protesters at Brooklyn Center that she will continue to fight for justice on their behalf. ‘I am not happy that we have talked about police reform for so long,’ Waters said, bemoaning the lack of change and reform with policing. ‘We’re looking for a guilty verdict,’ she added in regards to the Derek Chauvin trial. ‘If we don’t, we cannot go away.’ ‘We gotta stay on the street,’ Waters was recorded saying , adding that protesters needed ‘to get more confrontational.’ She also suggested that protesters should ignore the curfew in place. Her comments sparked some outrage on Twitter. ‘Of course she’ll get away with saying that while anyone else would’ve been thrown in jail,’ Rick Santella tweeted. Another user tweeted, ‘good grief lady, leave get out of here.’ One person also accused Waters of ‘stirring people up again with her calls for violence.’

227. feelthebern says:

Glenn Greenwald quoting Adam Smith on twitter.
    Singularity achieved.

228. feelthebern says:

When Bill Maher says open up the country, you know you’ve lost the left.