Open Forum: May 1, 2021

6,917 Responses to Open Forum: May 1, 2021

1. Leigh Lowe says:

notafan says:

May 3, 2021 at 7:09 pm

Maybe they do Tony.
    Im sure that gets written up in accident reports.

Ah, yes.
    The dickhead who played chickin with me and who had driven into the rough a couple of weeks beforehand came up with variations on the “not my fault” theme.
    “Sun got in my eyes”. Not at 2:15 in summer on that stretch of road heading downhill and roughly south it didn’t.
    “Swerved to miss a ‘roo”. You did what? And it must have escaped from a circus because there simply aren’t ‘roos around there.
    In other words, an unconvincing dim-bulb bullshitter.

2. Diogenes says:

hey were made in Chicago in the 1920’s and were still in use in the telegram network until it was closed, amazing machines but that’s how far behind Telecom was at a practical level

OTOH Telstra were doing things with telephone exchanges (AXE/36 and later) that Ericcson, the manufacturers, didn’t know they could do by manipulating the exchange data

3. Rex Anger says:

@ JC-

Now m0nty has the Jab[berwocky], do you want to try and sucker the lunch he owes you out of him?

His beloved gummint may yet have killed him, so you might not get a better chance…

4. hzhousewife says:

Glad you are through the mechanical bits of the process Lizzie, and all the best. Take the drugs!

5. Rex Anger says:

Shit!

Top O’page for that?!

Godammit, WordPress!

6. JC says:

Rex

No, not yet.

In any event, I’m letting wifey go for the jab before me. If it works out okay for her, Then I’ll reluctantly get it too. However, I want to Moderna one as I think it’s good value. I Have my heart set on the Moderna. 🙂

7. Leigh Lowe says:

Ha, ha JC.
    You are like me.
    Can break it down on a beer coaster and weight it, but struggle with writing the precise formula.
    I usually enter shit like that into an Excel formula until it works, because Gates is pedantic about his mathematical functions.

8. JC says:

Fatboy

If you state clotting up, leave the basement and make your way to the nearest hospital. quickly. Or slowly.

9. Speedbox says:

mh says:
    May 3, 2021 at 6:32 pm

From May 1st, every licenced venue plus a range of others require that you ‘log in’ via the QLD Govts QR code. You will not be able to use the old paper sign in. If you don’t have a smart phone, you have to ask the venue operator to sign you in via their on-line system and confirming your name/address and other details from your driver’s licence etc.

Totalitarians wet dream.

The stupid thing is that the upon downloading the QR code, you have to enter your details. Uh huh. I know for a fact one person’s QR name is “Ukan Biteme” with bogus phone and email address.

If you don’t want to use anything so obvious, any name and other details will do. The venue doesn’t check your login details with any other form of ID and in any case, they are not authorised to do so. That is only a police prerogative.

10. JC says:

Leigh

Yea, I can’t do it with a formula and wondering if it can actually be shown as such. Hence, why I asked for the doc’s help. I think he’s one of the only people I haven’t stoushed with for while. Doc..

Hey, what’s the matter with the Liz- ard… Just kidding with the ard.

11. Beertruk says:

Crackle hiss … say again … static … receiving you 1 … crackle (switches off).

Thanks Leigh.
    RATEL at its finest….esp when we didn’t want the hierarchy to know where we were.
    (Zulu, Mater, Top Ender and Bushkid)

12. m0nty says:

People choosing their vax source like choosing their Hogwarts house, smh. Does the Moderna accessorise with your designer jeans, JC?

13. Tel says:

You show me where, exactly these mythological subsidies for rail operators lie, outside of the Kolkata Traffic Jam that comprises your thought processes, and I will fall silent.

Rex I did a very quick search and this was the first thing that popped up.

As at September 2007, $975.3 million in Australian Government grant funding had been approved for the ARTC as part of the Australian Government’s $10.533 billion commitment under AusLink.

That has a bit of the whiff of a subsidy to it.

14. Rex Anger says:

@ Beertruk-

Folding down the top segment of your whip antennae could achieve a similar effect, if I recall correctly…

15. mh says:

The first story on the ABC news here was Qld’s Deputy Premier calling ScoMo a cvnt.

I kid you not.

16. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

From memory, yes.

17. JC says:

I think it’s more upmarket than the other crap that’s around, Fatboy.

I mean, you go out to a party and say… I got jabbed with Astra Z…well everyone is so it’s down market.

Pfizer is pretty much the same thing and absolutely no way with the J&J. They’re jabbing with the J&J in the Bronx and Harlem. That’s not happening for me.

Moderna works best 🙂

18. notafan says: May 3, 2021 at 6:16 pm

Please excuse me for not accepting the ‘sedan’ trundling away from truck roll over (twice) claim without supporting evidence.

As asked above, have you a driving licence & used the road?

A very short time watching semi-trailer dashcam will reveal car drivers pulling manoeuvres in front of trucks that the truckie would do well to compensate for.

Eg, an (asian) female driver pulls onto the road in SEQ & beetles at near stalling speed in front of an oncoming semi. Semi driver avoids running over & killing the (asian) female driver, but has to put the prime mover & both trucks “bush” to do it.

Single vehicle accident. However not “self-explanatory” the truckie’s fault.

Eg, approaching on a steep downhill to a one-lane bridge, a (cork-asian) female driver overtakes a semi then ploughs on the anchors as she’s “anxious” about a one-lane bridge, the semi driver – suddenly with nowhere to stop, brakes as hard as he can, manfully keeps the rig on the road without squashing the dopey clueless bint, ends up slightly jack-knifed & comes to a halt with the prime mover hanging beside the bridge half out over the creek.

Single vehicle accident. However it is not “self-explanatory” that the truckie was at any fault.

19. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

Labor leader blames his stutter for accidentally dropping a C-bomb while roasting Scott Morrison for hosting $5,000-a-seat fundraisers

Labor deputy premier blamed his stutter after dropping c-word about the PM
    Steven Miles was speaking at Labor Day event in Brisbane on Monday afternoon
    Miles was comparing Prime Minister Scott Morrison with Anthony Albanese
    The 43-year-old said ‘what a cun… contrast’ when discussing their differences

20. Rex Anger says:

Tel,

ARTC is an interstate below-rail operator that is owned and operated by the Australian Commonwealth Government.

As such, it is reliant on governmental funds to cover what it does, in addition to the costs it recovers thru Track Access Charges and other administrative fees.

Take into consideration also, that practically every infrastructure project in tbis country (road, rail and otherwise) is granted funds by governments for construction and upkeep. On top of whatever private capital is raised .

Nobody is paid to run on their metals. And their access charges can be eye-watering.

Ditto the compliance and administrative costs the ONRSR bureaucracy imposes on Rail Operators.

21. Beertruk says:

Rex Anger says:
    May 3, 2021 at 7:29 pm

Crap Rex. Sorry that I forgot to add you in the list.
    The whip was a pain in the arse, but yes.
    Used the whip when in a harbour and the battle antenna on patrol/nav ex.

22. Nick says:

Any theories about why Warner was dropped?

23. Dot says:

Actually “dinghy” derives from the Telegu word, “dingi” as best translated into English.

Being pedantic about loan words intentionally (mis-?)spelled a certain way because of convention is extremely silly.

Anyone with this sort of prim schoolmarm attitude would not be able to grasp Japanese.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Japanese. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of classical Chinese literature most of the jokes will go over a typical reader’s head. There’s also the Japanese nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into the language – Japanese philosophy draws heavily from Buddhist literature, for instance. The Japanese understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of the language, to realise that they’re not just intelligent – they often say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike the Japanese language and typical Japanese language subtleties found in other languages truly ARE idiots – of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Japanese existential catchphrases such as “IS THIS A PIGEON?,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Japanese OVA anime The Brave Fighter of Sun Fighbird [correct spelling, BTW]. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Katsuyoshi Yatabe’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools…how I pity them… 😂

…and yes, by the way, I actually DO have a Japanese tattoo…and no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only – and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothing personal, kid. 😎

24. m0nty says:

I think it’s more upmarket than the other crap that’s around, Fatboy.

Moderna works best 🙂

That is the most urban bugman thing ever said on this site.

25. Snoopy says:

mh says:
    May 3, 2021 at 7:29 pm

I kid you not.

That’s the end of Dr Steven Miles’ career. The ALP wymyns will crucify him. Just you watch.

26. Nick says:

Daily Mail

Will Snow White be canceled next? Revamped ride at Disneyland sparks backlash over ‘true love’s kiss’ scene because ‘she is asleep and not able to give the Prince consent’

27. Rex Anger says:

If we are to be pedantic Tel, Struth assumes that anybody who runs a train gets sweetheart deals and kickbacks from Governments to do so.

Being in the industry Struth is trying to slander, I am well aware his ambit is full of shite.

What the below-rail operators like ARTC and Arc (being the people who charge companies like my employer many dollarydoos to access their rails) do to recoup their costs and expand their netwrok is beyond me and beyond the scope of Struth’s ambit, particularly as every road authority and private tollroad operator in Australia has the same capacity to apply for such lublic or private capital injections.

The argument is over whether one industry or the other has the thumb on the scales in its favour.

28. Leigh Lowe says:

mh says:

May 3, 2021 at 7:29 pm

He fucking what?
    Amazing how Dan Xi-Man, Palacechook and Sneakers “kept us safe”, but when ScoMo puts the clamp on (cough) “returning Aussies” from India we are suddenly all concerned about “rights”.

29. m0nty says:

… and there’s an instant new leader.

30. Leigh Lowe says:

Nick says:

May 3, 2021 at 7:37 pm

Any theories about why Warner was dropped?

Apart from being a cheating, houso, ranga mong?

31. JC says:

Monster:

Let us know tomorrow morning if you’re still alive by putting up a short comment, like

“I’m okay”

32. mh says:

How dare Steven Miles use that language when describing the Australian Prime Minister.

That’s our job here at the Cat.

33. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

Italy: Thousands apply to ditch city to live in Santo Stefano di Sessanio

By Tom Kington
    The Times
    17 minutes ago May 3, 2021
    No Comments

A remote Italian village with a population of 60 that appealed for new residents was stunned when it received 27,000 applications, many from people fed up with big city life during the coronavirus pandemic.

Santo Stefano di Sessanio, a walled medieval hamlet perched in the hills of Abruzzo’s Gran Sasso national park, was emptied out by postwar emigration, leaving dozens of empty stone cottages along its winding alleys.

In an initiative to bring back young families, Mayor Fabio Santavicca, 35, appealed last October for people under the age of 40 who were prepared to open a business in the village to move there. In return they were promised a fair rent on a house and an €8000 ($12,463) annual living subsidy.

“We thought of taking about only 20 newcomers in order not to cancel our traditions and culture, so we were slightly alarmed when 27,000 people replied, mainly from Italy but also from as far away as Argentina and Russia,” said Mr Santavicca, who also works as a council engineer in the nearby town of L’Aquila.

34. Rex Anger says:

The whip was a pain in the arse, but yes.
    Used the whip when in a harbour and the battle antenna on patrol/nav ex.

Yeah.

I used to carry and operate the radio as a preference in my Cav Scout patrols, and tended to prefer the battle antenna on the Wagtail sets.

But there were plenty of times at Singleton or Pucka, where I ended up breaking out the whip and velcro-ing down 3 or 4 segments from the top to get better reception in the hillier areas. And it was really easy topop those up at a pinch.

The Dipole antennas were an embuggerance, but I think I had to use those a couple of times, too.

35. Nick says:

That’s a given, Leigh

36. Beertruk says:

ScoMo should authorise direct flights from India to Brisbane, Melbourne and Perth.

37. Albatross says:

m0nty says:
    May 3, 2021 at 7:39 pm
    […]
    That is the most urban bugman thing ever said on this site.

You wouldn’t understand you mendicant shite. When you have money you get to choose what health care you get. When you leech off the productive portion of society, you take what you are given. Enjoy your shit-tier vaccine you povo wanker.

38. JC says:

The ALP diviner.

39. CrazyOldRanga says:

What do you call a group of grey nomads?

A Catallaxy of Olds.

40. Albatross says:

m0nty says:
    May 3, 2021 at 7:41 pm
    […]
    … and there’s an instant new leader.

It’s a pasta you fucking stupid Boomer.

41. Rex Anger says:

What do you call a group of grey nomads?

A Catallaxy of Olds.

Heheheh.

Another one for the Couch of Shame tonight…

42. Tel says:

Long ago there was this concept that roads would be paid for out of the fuel tax, and the more you would drive around, the more you would pay for the roads. It seemed kind of fairish. Then they added PPP toll roads which worked OK, on a user pays basis.

I understand nowadays plenty MORE revenue comes in from fuel tax than is actually required to pay for all the roads put together … there are multiple layers of fuel tax, as well as GST. Then the small local roads are paid for by home owners (initially via their house purchase, and then via council rates). Then there’s your driver’s license fees, rego fees, compulsory insurance, parking permit fees in many areas … it’s hard to believe the government in general does not make a nett gain on road users although I’m stuffed if you want me to figure out where it actually all goes.

43. Rex Anger says:

Covering the massive, doddering leviathans that are Australia’s Health, Education and Welfare bureaucracies?

It’s about the only thing I can come up with…

44. Bruce of Newcastle says:

People choosing their vax source like choosing their Hogwarts house

Not true M0nty. AZ is fetal derived, Pfizer and Modena aren’t. It’s a moral issue.

45. Rex Anger says:

Covering the massive, doddering leviathans that are Australia’s State and Federal Health, Education and Welfare bureaucracies?

46. Thanks Delta for the update on the Grigory Memorial Highway.
    I’ll consider installing a UHF before I next travel along it.
    Last trip down it was 2014 or 2015 – but it was at night & I can’t remember the road conditions at all.

Once I won a bet that it’d be dirt all the way (except for a few miles of bitumen at either end)
    Several blokes refused to accept there’d be that much dirt road “in Australia”

I put my shirt on the line, knowing full well it was all dirt.

The winnings: Turned out to be everybody’s 24-hour ration packs, dozens of ’em (dozens of the 5-pack tins, that is)

They believed it wasn’t much of a prize. I was thrilled, over the moon actually.
    Perhaps I’m the only bloke around who actually likes the 24-hr packs.

Weirdest part, the blokes who bet against me were all Townsville-based.

47. Dot says:

Grigory Memorial Highway

LOL

I was hoping it was gunna stick.

48. Beertruk says:

Never got to use a dipole.
    Disclosure, I was RAAOC and I was either lucky or unlucky depending on how you look at it, becuause I never got sent to the two way shooting gallery. Mates that did (the ones in Arms Corps) said I was lucky. Went to Butterworth with B Coy 6 RAR though. Four and a half month beer trip.

49. Rex Anger says:

Perhaps I’m the only bloke around who actually likes the 24-hr packs.

It’s the tinned, self-saucing pudding. Isn’t it?

50. Leigh Lowe says:

Beertruk says:

May 3, 2021 at 7:27 pm

Crackle hiss … say again … static … receiving you 1 … crackle (switches off).

Thanks Leigh.

Pro tip for all the kiddies out there.
    Don’t actually say the words “crackle”, “hiss” or “static”. Speak in a faint voice (mike up near the forehead helps this) and improvise interference (running the mike over three day stubble produces a satisfactory radio static effect).
    I have not personally done any of this but I have heard of this sort of thing from others who occasionally wanted to avoid engaging with Air Traffic Control for a few minutes.

51. notafan says:

AZ is from a foetal cell line from a baby that was most likely aborted.

But it is the only option for most Australians at the moment.

52. 132andBush says:

Anyone got the latest on Dan Xi?

53. Rex Anger says:

Never got to use a dipole.

Just as well- The buggers are directional, and you need both a good throwing arm for the antenna plumbob and a lot of luck.

Australian trees love eating flying objects…

54. Tel says:

The link I gave was to a sizeable government grant to ARTC, implying that they must be failing to recoup costs privately … else they would not need the government grant.

Private toll roads generally get private equity to buy in, and they negotiate the deal with government to decide what they build and how long they can impose tolls. I think that’s a significantly different business structure, although you could argue that a PPP is not exactly “free market” in the ideal sense. We had dirty secret deals being done in NSW with the famous City Tunnel that made people Cross … but the private operators were punished on that one … punished by the little people who ganged up and refused to use it.

I’m not sure how that applies specifically to your boss, but my point is that road users in aggregate do more than pay for the roads once all the directly road-related taxes here and there are taken into account. Rail seems to keep requiring more budget from the government, and that must surely say something.

55. bespoke says:

Got sin-binned because of a naughty word.

Bald, headed or flog?

56. It’s the tinned, self-saucing pudding. Isn’t it?

Never seen that, it must have been added later.

It was the tubes of jam & condensed milk, as much as anything else.
    This was when each pack had a tin-opener, book of matches, more sugar than you could ever want, nicely portioned in sealed squares, & lotsa other stuff. (though the coffee was such that you’d only drink it when you actually were out bush & would have drunk pretty much anything purely for the change in flavour.

Actually I pretty much liked ’em all. There was one pack was nicer than the others, & one which wasn’t quite as nice, but there wasn’t much in it.

57. 132andBush says:

Topher Field, latest.
    The politics of Faith in Victoria.

58. JC says:

Bruce

I respect your views on most things and I respect you view on this:

AZ is fetal derived, Pfizer and Modena aren’t. It’s a moral issue.

Does any of this below change your mind?

The article mentions this:

Some of the findings and data from Nazi research is currently still used today to save lives. Some examples of things developed by Nazi scientists include medications (e.g. chloroquine – used in malaria treatment, a precursor to hydroxychloroquine, both of which drugs have saved millions of lives)

Read it and comment if you want.

59. Dover Beach:

Just think of the messaging here in the article to men.

&

…you will be applauded for abandoning your family even when they have been nothing but good and true to you, because your happiness, no matte how ephemeral and trivial that is, is all that matters to society.

Reading and nodding…
    ..and is slow to wake up to the fact all her ‘girlfriends’ now have a different perspective on her relationship with them i.e. they have to defend their own husbands from wandering eyes. They will tear her apart…

60. Leigh Lowe says:

The follow up to feigning radio comms difficulties with ATC was then to flick your transponder to “Comms failure” mode (7600 from memory).
    Or not, if you were in an embarassing place and wanted to slink away.

61. Bruce of Newcastle says:

But it is the only option for most Australians at the moment.

Nota – I plan to ask my GP for the Pfizer. If the government is difficult then I will refuse on moral grounds. I expect though that over 50’s with solid basis for their moral reservations will be allowed Pfizer. If not I’ll turtle and wait until it is made available. The Government is having so much trouble getting people to vaccinate at all I expect they won’t die in a ditch over this.

AZ are typical Brits. No concept of moral reservations from Christians but they wouldn’t ever ever use pig cells would they?

62. Beertruk says:

132andBush says:
    May 3, 2021 at 8:00 pm

Ta Matey.
    Bookmarked to watch.

63. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

That “coffee” was the sweepings of a warehouse, at one time remotely connected with the coffee trade…

64. Knuckle Dragger says:

Apropos of nomads:

I won’t link it but there was a piece in the Toota Advocate that made me giggle like Brittany Higgins on her third vodka cruiser:

‘Man Takes Entire Dunny Roll From Caravan Park Toilet Because He Paid Tax All His Life’

65. Monty:

Have I told you lot about our Lord and Saviour, Bill Gates?

Now that, and the context, was funny, Monty.

66. Rex Anger says:

There are only so many operators, so many available paths and so many trains running at any given point in time.

Rail Freight Operators do not pay fuel excise, as far as I am aware. And all charges for access are undiscounted. If a train is cancelled, I an quite certain it is not charged for.

Rail costs can be up to $2-13 million per kilometre, and do not have the sheer volume of users to compensate a similar cost of motorway, etc. Charges and fines go straight back into maintenance, and seem to at least cover that. Railways can be a bastard to engineer, and sudden scope changes during the construction phase can cause big blowouts. Certainly on a bigger scale than road projects, it would seem.

Everything that can be extracted from the operators, is. And even within that limitation, trains can outperform trucks on the longer-haul sectors of freight haulage in Australia.

67. Tel says:

Those things certainly do not pay for themselves … I guess they are capable of sponging up the majority of any national surplus we might happen to produce.

68. Fat Tony says:

notafan says:
    May 3, 2021 at 7:53 pm
    AZ is from a foetal cell line from a baby that was most likely aborted.

But it is the only option for most Australians at the moment.

Then it’s not really an option, is it.

69. Beertruk says:

Pablo and International Roast.

70. notafan says:

I’ll ask for pfizer too.

Maybe in a few months we can order preferred dose online.

JandJ is out for foetal cell lines too.

I make the point though that if only az available the Catholic church considers it licit if it were to prevent loss of life, obviously in Australia there is no absolute imperative to get vaccinated immediately for most people.

71. Rex Anger says:

It’s the tinned, self-saucing pudding. Isn’t it?

Never seen that, it must have been added later.

Sorry Sal, I was thinking of the 5-man packs circa 2010.

The individuals I remember were more or less that same as you describe, except I was in that unfortunate era when they transitioned from (usually 5yr old) M&Ms to povvo Smarties knock-offs. They were shit.

But the condensed milk was my sucky of choice, too.

72. Knuckle Dragger says:

Nick:

I believe, apart from the obvious aforementioned reasons that Warner was dumped because his team (Sunrisers Hyderabad) were 1 – 6 so far this season.

Like another team I know of that also happens to be 1 – 6.

Dun dun DUNNNNN.

73. Bruce of Newcastle says:

JC – Squirrel. I could synthesize HCQ myself from scratch with the right equipment. I don’t need a method I could work one out if I had to.

I have been amused by the squirming from the AZ apologists. They’ve been writing articles saying stuff like “but there’re no fetal cells in the vaccine!” Completely missing the point. It also confirmed that the AZ manufacturing process does indeed use that cell line.

74. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

Pablo and International Roast.

A mixture of iron filings and mud..

75. Rex Anger says:

And if not, they’ll happily expand so they can, Comrade! 🤪

76. Leigh Lowe says:

Beertruk says:

May 3, 2021 at 8:08 pm

Pablo and International Roast.

You bloody pooftah-pansy ponytailed city-slicker liberal member coffee snob.

77. Pedro the Loafer says:

Grey nomads should be called “prey”.

A mob of indigines in a town in the Gascoyne make a very nice living selling dodgy gold nuggets to unsuspecting oldies in the local caravan park.

They carefully pick their mark, the prime targets are the ultra expensive caravans being towed by top of the line 4WDs, registered in the Eastern States, preferably Victoria.
    They carefully avoid any dirt stained grubby old prospector types for obvious reasons.

The nuggets are made by melting lead from old car batteries, dropping the melt into water then coating the resulting 2-4 gram “nugget” with gold paint. Wouldn’t fool a ten year old you would think, but they are eagerly snapped up by the victims at “bargain” prices.

78. Rex Anger, the packs I won in the bet (half a landrover full of them) some had matchboxes in them, as opposed to the red matchbooks that came later.

Dunno what era the matchboxes were from, full wooden Greenlites, army issue label.

79. Beertruk says:

Wonder how that would go with the ‘Religion of Pieces.’

80. Rex Anger says:

Pablo and International Roast.

A mixture of iron filings and mud.

Would seek out any moisture at all in your Cups Canteen, and form a sickly, vegemite coloured paste on the bottom of it.

One sachet needed at least 2-3 sugar sachets (which is why there was so much of it! Even the tea bag was a bit insipid…) and a very generous squirt of condensed milk to make drinkable.

81. Leigh Lowe says:

Like another team I know of that also happens to be 1 – 6.

Pies haven’t been 1/-6 since I was at St Francis’ Primary School in 1965.

82. JC says:

Bruce, that’s not really the point being made, is it?

HCQ and other research came from the Nazis. It’s a valid and reasonable question to ask if we should use that research to save lives or it’s too tainted and we never had the approval from their victims.

83. Bruce of Newcastle says:

Nota – The Catholic, Anglican and Greek Orthodox churches told ScoMo this a while ago.

COVID vaccine protest by three Archbishops – Eternity News (22 Aug)

84. Nick says:

KD, does that mean he will coach Collingwood?

85. Fat Tony says:

notafan says:
    May 3, 2021 at 8:08 pm

notafan – if that is official Catholic doctrine in Australia, could you please provide a link?

86. Rex Anger says:

some had matchboxes in them, as opposed to the red matchbooks that came later.

Huh. All I ever got was a placky tube with some cotton wool in it, with a hastily stuck on patch of abrasive that sometimes failed to generate sufficient friction to set the match alight.

Not that it mattered much. You got 2 or 3 fuse matches in the whole can, and they were the only good ones. Everything else ran out of combustible material the instant they were struck. If you wanted a reliable brew, you got a Zippo or Bic lighter…

87. notafan says:

I’m well aware.

The Catholic bishops have issued a statement.

Prefer to be guided by that.

88. Fat Tony says:

Leigh Lowe says:
    May 3, 2021 at 8:14 pm
    Like another team I know of that also happens to be 1 – 6.

Pies haven’t been 1/-6 since I was at St Francis’ Primary School in 1965.

You got ripped off – we paid 1/- for a pie in 1965.

89. Knuckle Dragger says:

‘You bloody pooftah-pansy’

*puts beer down*

*sparks up durrie*

Ahem.

90. Bruce of Newcastle says:

and chicken pox and rubella

Yah, that’s how I found out about it – a Christian friend asked me whether this was true of the MMR, so I dug out and looked at the patents – all of them used the fetal cell line. All the subsequent evergreening patents did was play around the edges with adjuvants and whatnot.

You’d think these days it would be easy to recreate such a cell line from stem cells, eg from cord blood. But no, let’s piss off the Christians.

91. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

If you wanted a reliable brew, you got a Zippo or Bic lighter…

Even the non smokers used to carry Zippo lighters – Bic lighters were not allowed on service aircraft…

92. Knuckle Dragger says:

Dunno about Warner McRangacheat taking Buckley’s job Nick.

But with the current management he might get a gig being a leadership consultant or culture change champion.

93. Nick says:

We can only hope 🙂

94. Old Lefty says:

Yes, Dr Miles (for a doctor of trade unionism he is), I remember.

95. notafan says:

Its a pdf I can’t link on my phone

96. notafan says:

‘Catholics in Australia encouraged to receive’ is the start of the doc.

97. Rex, we could learn a thing of two from the Argies.
    I’ve always had a wish we’d been issued the Argentine ration pack, officers.
    (not the ration pack, enlisted)

98. notafan says:

Thanks Nick.

Statement was released on 20 April this year.

99. Leigh Lowe says:

Nick says:

May 3, 2021 at 8:16 pm

KD, does that mean he will coach Collingwood?

Having a laugh to myself about that today as they were winding up the Bucks thing on the wireless.
    It’s all about expectations.
    Collingwood fans expected to be close to top four in 2021 at the end of last year.
    Tigers supporters think they are going to win the next three flags.
    Caaaarlton expected to make the eight, so losing yesterday would have caused a bit of rumbling.
    Essendon fans were expecting to be 10th – 12th at best and are happy with their draft picks. But for how long?
    Collingwood have the added issue of not being able to add up forty salaries, and having to pay a bloke to run around with an opposition side collecting 25-30 possessions a week.

100. Leigh Lowe says:

You got ripped off – we paid 1/- for a pie in 1965.

Catholic school Tony.
    The nuns were racketeers.
    Everything was loaded to tip a bit into their sherry fund.
    They invented GST before Paul Keating was born.

101. Leigh Lowe says:

‘You bloody pooftah-pansy’

A golden double-barreled insult.

102. Bruce of Newcastle says:

JC – The moral question is if the medical treatment I use is consistent with my conscience and my beliefs. For example I know the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines were tested on the fetal cell line. But they weren’t produced using it. That’s like the moral question about testing something on monkeys. Ok I don’t really like that, but the stuff may then be manufactured by a not-morally constrained method. Which Pfizer and Moderna are – as they should since they’re American. Those companies therefore have much more awareness that half the US population might have moral reservations if they did the wrong thing, especially since abortion is such a hot button issue in the States.

This is in no way different to Je wish concerns about such things. Which we hear a fair bit about. Ditto, as I mentioned, regarding RoPers, who the authorities fall over themselves to appease. But not Christians. Christians have to suck it up. But no, in this case, I won’t.

103. Frank says:

You bloody pooftah-pansy ponytailed city-slicker liberal member coffee snob.

They wear man buns these days. Otherwise same old same old. What else are you going to do with a masters degree in art history but pour coffee for a living.

104. Gab says:

Not sure what the hysteria is all about re India but am glad monty decided to be a guinea pig for Big Pharma.
    Worldometer

India cases:
    19,925,604

Deaths:
    218,959

Recovered:
    16,293,003

CLOSED CASES
    16,511,962

Cases which had an outcome:
    16,293,003 (99%) Recovered / Discharged

218,959 (1%) Deaths

105. notafan says:

Seems like hair splitting to me BoN.

Using either vac could be argued that you are participating/benefiting from an abortion.

106. Rex Anger says:

I’ve always had a wish we’d been issued the Argentine ration pack, officers.

Damn straight!

A legal tot of whiskey?

Opa!

107. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Beare says:

Query ovarian cancer, JC. Only reliable test for this is surgery and ovarian and any other related mass
    removal once suspicious changes are found on CT and/or MRI. There is no adequate early test, biopsy risks tracking cancer cells through the abdomen, so you don’t mess around with this one.

Surgeons both say things look benign for me on inspection but can’t be sure till pathology tests are done. 1800 women a year get diagnosed with OCa and after a year only 800 are still alive. It also has virtually NO presenting signs and symptoms until it is well advanced. Survival ratios have not changed for 30 years so a big push is now on the find a test that diagnoses early and well. I may I hope have dodged a bullet by having a CT scan for a twisted muscle on my back following a foot fracture last year. That’s just mild arthritis but the report said oops, look here, ovarian cysts and a mass. Quite incidental.

Women’s business, but men should also know about it for the sake of the women they love.

108. Arky says:

The girl’s cell lines are not the girl.
    But by continuing to use them in vaccines that most everyone require, they are justifying the original abortion.
    Remember, this is a time when they are removing statues of anyone remotely connected with the sin of slavery, no matter how tenuous.
    It’s also about precedent.
    By continuing to use these vaccines you are conceding the point at a time when they continue to murder infants in the womb, up to the point of birth and sell the parts.
    I don’t need to look to any church to know what is right in this case.
    Aa far as I know Nazis aren’t to this day conducting experiments on prisoners. However, anyone using such research should hopefully have in mind how it was obtained. It’s scientific value is reduced by the fact that it was done by homicidal lunatics.

109. Bruce of Newcastle says:

Nota – I’ve come to my position after some thought. You will come to your position the same way. I don’t especially care what other people do, I have my position and I will be consistent about it. I was heartened that the Catholic, Anglican and Greek Orthodox Archbishops of Sydney raised the same concern at the time, but I wasn’t affected by their views because I came to mine myself via first principles.

More to the point is that the Government is blanket saying that AZ must be used by over 50’s. ScoMo is Hillsong, you would have thought he’d realize that religious positions of conscience are not negotiable.

110. JC says:

Liz

Don’t worry about it. Most often it’s not and if it is the world doesn’t end these days.
    Just keep thinking its not.

Don’t ever think the stats necessarily apply to you. The stats are broad whereas you’re specific. I don’t pray, but here’s hoping it’s nothing and it will be.

111. Leigh Lowe says:

They wear man buns these days.

Whilst driving through NSW last week (carrying Vicco numberplates and driving like Stevie Wonder) I heard Ray Hadlee on the wireless.
    Someone picked him up for ranting about a “man-bun ponytail type”.
    It was correctly pointed out that ponytails and man-buns are mutually exclusive.

112. 132andBush says:

All the best, Lizzie.

113. Farmer Gez says:

I’ll give Powercorp a big tick today.
    A farmer north of us cleaned up an overhead wire and took the line out at about 3.30 pm.
    The pole came down as well, so the expected restoration wasn’t till noon tomorrow. The crew must have been able to jerry rig up a connection and we’re back in lights at 8.30.
    We went to town for pizza and a coffee. Not a bad evening.

114. jo says:

M(i)nty doesn’t like intelligent women but even the dumb one’s know he’s a dickhead without having to read it in kanji

115. dover_beach says:

One Month Later CNN Finally Admits What Revolver Reported All Along: No Bear Spray Stream in NYT Sicknick Video

Another lie of the Regime Media has collapsed. They’ve obfuscated the lie by now claiming pepper spray was deployed but we have no evidence of this at all.

116. Boambee John says:

1735099 says:
    May 3, 2021 at 7:05 pm
    shithead teacher neighbour

Frollickingmoll* is semi-literate.

That’s probably why he has a thing about teachers.

*He can’t spell his own tag.

The ostrich has limited knowledge of zoology, or he would be aware of the existence of an animal called a “mole”. If he was literate, he would be aware of the expression “Making a mountain out of a mole-hill”.

But because of his extensive experience with prostatots, he immediately thinks of the other spelling, moll

117. notafan says:

As I said upthread if you were in a country where covid was running rampant (yes yes just the sniffles) and you had no choice in vaccine than using AZ to prevent loss of life is licit.
    Just as it is to prevent your child getting a serious illness.

I wish they would substitute cells that were not from an aborted baby.

118. Dr Faustus says:

Not the smallest tinyest chance.
    Went down a storm.

ALP wymenses read the room.

119. Cassie of Sydney says:

From The Daily Telegraph…

Craig McLachlan in emotional tell-all after assault charges were dropped

Gold Logie-winning actor Craig McLachlan appeared shirtless and dishevelled in a teaser of his documentary tell-all about being falsely accused of assault.

Craig McLachlan is set to break his silence over s*x harassment claims in a documentary-style news special to air later this month

Gold Logie winner Craig McLachlan has opened up about the devastating toll of bombshell allegations made against him before he was finally cleared of wrongdoing by a Melbourne court.

In a preview clip of his upcoming documentary interview with Channel 7’s Spotlight, the 55-year-old actor appeared dishevelled and fought back tears while consoling his sobbing partner Vanessa Scammell after previously facing trial on charges of indecent assault and common law assault against four women.

“You see this is not just about a headline for the day, this is ruining lives,” he said in a clip that aired on Monday.

“Not just me, you want to crucify me? Fine. Look what it’s done to my beautiful partner, look what it continues to do to my family every day.”

McLachlan’s partner of two years Scammell was seen crying in the dramatic teaser.

In another preview, the former Home and Away star appeared shirtless and dishevelled.

“Hope your lives are good, treasure them because they can be taken away like that,” he said.

McLachlan is set to tell-all in the TV special airing soon, months after he was found not guilty of assaulting four women during a 2014 Melbourne stage production of The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

The veteran actor was charged with seven counts of indecent assault and six counts of common law assault against multiple women including three cast members from the production.

McLachlan maintained that each alleged incident was either consensual or did not happen and he was later cleared of all charges in December last year after a nearly three year ordeal.

Opera Australia conductor Scammell was one of the actor’s strongest supporters throughout the trial.

Separately, a lawyer for McLachlan previously said the actor would seek aggravated damages over false allegations published about him and in 2018, he launched defamation action in New South Wales against Fairfax Media, the ABC and a former co-star however the case was put on hold after criminal charges were brought by Victoria Police.

120. Leigh Lowe says:

Gez.
    I worked in that sort of business for a while.
    It often depended on local management and crews (and how far removed from the old SEC they were).
    They get measured on “number of customers off supply” and how long they are off.
    If a half a suburb goes out they move heaven and earth but it you are one customer at the end of a SWER line … take a number.
    Maybe the local manager sees some shitty weather coming tomorrow and wanted to clear any outstanding jobs this arvo.

121. Beertruk says:

Leigh Lowe says:
    May 3, 2021 at 8:12 pm

You bloody pooftah-pansy ponytailed city-slicker liberal member coffee snob.

Sigh…Leigh…Leigh…Leigh…Posted to Enoggera to the Combat Wombats (52 Combat Suppy Platoon) our job out bush ( we had no role in Enoggera) was to feed, supply ammo and POL to an entire Brigade with 24 personell. One Captain, one Supo (Lieutenant) and the rest, senior and junior NCOs and Digs. We had no say in the non perishables that were given to us. Including coffee. It was black gold/currency. We used to ‘write off’ five or six slabs of coffee at the end of an ex to use as currency to get vehicles fixed quickly back at Enoggera. For example. Our Mack cargo truck broke down a week and a half before a major ex. I happened to be on the piss with a civvy work mate I used to work with at the Veh Depot at Banyo. ‘Yair…we have a Mack cargo in the loan pool.’ ‘Good. Ill be out there on Monday. Hang onto it.’ Saw me Chief Clerk and we got the paperwork from our QStore and one and a half slabs of coffee (International Roast) and a ten man ration pack and headed to Vic Bks Brisbane to get paperwork signed in a walk though. Walked in and words to the effect ‘what do you (insert swear words) two pirates want?’ ‘Well Sir, (helped that I also knew the Warrant Officer in charge of loans Vehs at Vic Bks…hehehe) its like this bla bla bla…and over to you Chief.” My Chief ” ten man rat pack for you and half a slab of coffee for the brew club here so we need this signed before going to Banyo.’ Over to Banyo, dropped off the slab of coffee and picked up a Mack cargo truck. Normally that shit had to be forecast three to four months in advance with no allowances for breakdowns. Not what you know but who you know.

122. Leigh Lowe says:

Yeah.
    But nah.
    When they wanted Slippery Pete as speaker to cling to power and it surfaced that he likened ladies bits to jars of mussels, the Junkies Bride went on 730 … “You have to ask what role Tony Abbott had to play in all this.”

123. Bruce of Newcastle says:

Nota – I have alternatives. For one, if I get the crud then a responsible action would be to isolate for 14 days voluntarily. I don’t fear it. And once you’ve had the crud you don’t require the vaccine, since you have developed the same immunological response.

But I respect the Government requesting we be vaccinated. So I will do it if I can do so conscientiously.

124. Farmer Gez says:

It was all rural customers on single phase with Swer poles at each connection. We’re lucky the crews are local lads and must have been working in the general area.
    Good work in my unqualified opinion.

125. m0nty says:

It is not a matter of money. I most probably earn far more than you do. Plus I earned mine as an entrepreneur.

The foetal cell thing is also a bit rubbish. If you start down that path you’d have to reject all biological science, built as it was on the work of racists and eugenicists. Plus it’s such a technical thing, no one can convince me that the soul of an aborted fetus screams in agony every time an AZ vax is administered.

126. Beertruk says:

The process is the punishment.

127. Leigh Lowe says:

Oh.
    The m0nster lives.

128. Arky says:

Flippant shit.

129. Bruce of Newcastle says:

That’s a very lefty and callous thing to say M0nty.
    A child killed in the womb could grow up to be, well…you.

130. Rex Anger says:

How remarkable that the most fascistic of our ‘entrepeneurial’ classes tend to have ‘made’ their ‘fortunes’ in the most peripheral and inconseqiential fields.

Remind us of how the Workers’ Paradise will be able to afford Fantasy Football again when all non State-sanctioned and ‘immoral’ activity is banned, Benito M0ntylini?

Nice strawman you got there. Pity if someone else knocked it over on you…

131. Beertruk says:

A child killed in the womb could grow up to be, well…you.

Or God forbid…Clemintine Ford.

132. Rex Anger says:

Oh.
    The m0nster lives

Did I not say the man was so much of a clot already, that the jab wouldn’t get him?

133. Just a quick dashcam vid, but are we sure we want flying cars?

134. Leigh Lowe says:

Paging Dr Mengele.
    Dr Mengele to reception, please.

135. Knuckle Dragger says:

‘Plus I earned mine as an entrepreneur.’

Football-related entrepreneurs:

Geoffrey Edelsten
    Diamond Joe Gutnick
    John Elliott
    Rebecca Judd
    Mardi Dangerfield
    mUnter

136. For reason of tweeting some disrespect of the Vikstapo I’ve been life-banned from Twitter.
    … so I can’t see the twitterstorm crucifying Dr. Steve Miles for his use of a bad word for ladyparts. How is Milesy holding up?
    Considering the twitter bilefest that went on at Sam Newman, for the crime of being widowed, the twitterstorm against Milesy for a proactive anti-wimmens comment, well it must be pushing him to the brink.

Doctor Miles, RUOK?

137. mh says:

..no one can convince me that the soul of an aborted fetus screams in agony every time an AZ vax is administered.

Monty attempts to frame the argument.

138. notafan says:

Nor does anyone else Monty.

The point for Christians is that participating in murder is a mortal sin.

You have heard of the Ten Commandments?

139. Boambee John says:

IIRC, the ostrich has on other occasions stated that the language is evolving , and spelling with it.

Then there was the great “drop the ‘e’ and add ing controversy he sparked, and defended his (incorrect) position adamantly.

It’s different when he does it!

140. Fat Tony says:

m0nty says:
    May 3, 2021 at 9:07 pm

….. no one can convince me that the soul of an aborted fetus screams in agony every time an AZ vax is administered.

No, but can you be sure that your’s won’t……

141. egg_ says:

Is Numbnutz just phoning it in, these days?

142. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

ABC firm on Christian Porter defence

Steve Jackson
    NSW Chief Reporter
    @Jacko
    48 minutes ago May 3, 2021

The ABC is poised to up the ante in its high-stakes legal battle with Christian Porter over allegations it defamed the former ­attorney-general in an online ­article revealing a senior pol­itician had been accused of ­historic sexual assault.

The public broadcaster has until Tuesday evening to file its defences in the Federal Court. Mr Porter sued the ABC and its star reporter Louise Milligan after the story appeared on February 26. ABC insiders said it remained committed to defending the action and stood by Milligan.

Although not named, Mr Porter, 50, claimed he was easily identifiable as the cabinet minister accused of roping a young ­female acquaintance — now deceased — as a teenager during a school debating trip to Sydney in 1988. He strenuously denies the allegation. He publicly outed himself less than a week after the article was published but claims by then he had already suffered severe reputational damage.

His legal team last month raised “concerns” about publication of the allegations and accused Milligan of deleting social media posts that could affect the case. The ABC denied Milligan deleted any relevant material.

143. Dot says:

The foetal cell thing is also a bit rubbish.

No, it’s not.

That’s not true at all either you blithering imbecile.

144. Dot says:

Is Numbnutz just phoning it in, these days?

Yes. So low effort.

145. Dot says:

Football-related entrepreneurs:

Geoffrey Edelsten
    Diamond Joe Gutnick
    John Elliott
    Rebecca Judd
    Mardi Dangerfield

HAHAHA

Oh and monty you made money ripping off someone else’s IP. Learn your place fatso.

146. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

It’s different when he does it!

Lock and load?

147. notafan says:

All biological science is racist and eugenicist.

Okay.

148. egg_ says:

mUnter live blogging his jabbing?

Rivetting.

149. DrBeauGan says:

Sorry, JC, that’s not mathematics, that’s arithmetic. Different subject altogether. Try an accountant.

Ps: is it too late to abort m0nty?

150. Zyconoclast says:

Child hatred Facebook page

151. notafan says:

As Milo says no such thing as a lesbian.

Lol.

152. Boambee John says:

You have heard of the Ten Commandments?

munty is a Catholic the same way Creepy Joe is a Catholic.

153. mh says:

Morrissey loves mUnty

You’re The One For Me, Fatty

154. Infidel Tiger King:

Are there still young healthy people who think they are going to die if the borders are opened?

My younger sister is being hassled by her kids to have the Zombie Flu Virus Claytons vaccination.
    She’s a bit overweight and 70+.
    I’m not happy about it either.
    Be wary of younger brothers who aren’t happy about something being forced onto their sisters.
    There’s more ways of skinning a cat than by stuffing its arse with butter…

155. Arky says:

Confession time.
    I’m actually a pretty sensitive guy.
    I was a vegetarian as a stupid teenager. Not an easy path in the rural environs I grew up. Photos of me back then show a skinny and pale individual.
    It was the second year of my apprenticeship that a sausage roll finally got me.
    I also figured that as almost everyone else was eating the shit out of every possible type of creature that it was a moot point. You are a part of whatever it is your society does. You partake of the labour of others and whatever fuels them. Eating critters just wasn’t a big enough hurdle to walk away from society.
    The abortion thing always bothered me. It doesn’t even have the justification of survival.
    It seems to me that it relates to sacrifice. Primitive peoples sacrifice unwanted children in religious rites, probably to do with population levels originally.
    It’s a barbaric practice and I think it’s a bad idea to accept a form of human sacrifice. If they win and it ever becomes completely normalised, like they want it to, I think that’s the threshold for looking at our society and saying ‘I’m out”.

156. Dot says:

I should have asked my friend, who was bullshitting himself for a long time; now a new father, (before his wife got pregnant): if he hates kids, then why does he hate pefodiles?

How many actual anti natalists are out there?

157. Rex Anger says:

There’s more ways of skinning a cat than by stuffing its arse with butter…

You’re a brave man, Winston…

158. Leigh Lowe says:

Football-related entrepreneurs:

Geoffrey Edelsten
    Diamond Joe Gutnick
    John Elliott
    Rebecca Judd
    Mardi Dangerfield
    mUnter

Gasp!
    Along with Brooke “but why can’t I renovate a hotel suite” Cotchin.

159. Beertruk says:

Abortion as a contraceptive

160. Leigh Lowe says:

C.L. says:

May 3, 2021 at 9:29 pm

OK, I’m confused:

That is on a par with a bloke saying, “I’m not a pooftah but I’ve slept with a bloke who is”.

161. C.L. says:

It pretty much already is normalised, Arky.
    We’re way past that point.

162. dover_beach says:

@GroverNorquist
    ….

The right is insane.

Monty is stuck in 2003.

163. DrBeauGan says:

OK, I’m confused:

What are you confused about, CL?

164. Leigh Lowe says:

On Craig McLachlan.
    Can anyone else see a little crack developing in the previously rock-solid MSM-SJW wall?
    Seven are four-square behind Roberts-Smith and now have taken up the battle with McLachlan (who is suing parts of the Nein stable).
    Standby for the Cancel stamp to attempted to be applied to Channel Stokes.

165. Leigh Lowe says:

Abortion as a contraceptive

And so is Pablo coffee.

166. C.L. says:

What are you confused about, CL?

Are you joking?

167. mh says:

C.L. says:
    May 3, 2021 at 9:29 pm
    OK, I’m confused:

Don’t over-analyse the Biden administration.

168. Leigh Lowe says:

There’s more ways of skinning a cat than by stuffing its arse with butter…

I am prepared to just accept your word on that.

169. Bruce of Newcastle says:

There’s more ways of skinning a cat than by stuffing its arse with butter

Could be worse.

(c/-WIP)

170. Bruce of Newcastle says:

Might’ve tried that a time or two, before giving up and buying the squeezy-paste instead.

171. dover_beach says:

I never knew Mendel was a racist or eugenicist.

172. Knuckle Dragger says:

‘by stuffing its arse with butter’

Prior to this process, you need a hammer.

173. Bruce of Newcastle says:

And so is Pablo coffee.

Awesome stuff. My mum gave me a can of it once when I was a student. Despite me and four other penniless housos we only managed to get through about two thirds of it before it finally fossilized into a chunk of brown rubber-like material with the consistency of armour plating. Never have I encountered something so revolting, even poor students have a limit beyond which they cannot go.

174. Knuckle Dragger says:

‘Nadia “I haven’t got around to changing my name back yet” Bartel missed the cut.’

Like everyone else, I forgot what her maiden surname was. Is.

Whatever.

175. Leigh Lowe says:

From the Oz:-

A damning report by the Australian Human Rights Commission has found young gymnasts, many of them girls and some as young as eight, have been ­exposed to unacceptable risks bordering on child abuse.

I normally don’t buy what the AHRC are selling, but gymnastics is chock-full of weirdos, both here and overseas.

176. Rex Anger says:

by stuffing its arse with butter’

Prior to this process, you need a hammer

Going visual was bad enough with Winston’s comment.

This has just stepped things up a notch… 😳😳😳

🤯

177. mh says:

Headline on Paul Murray show:

Only 57% Of Vic Public Service Back In Office

178. Beertruk says:

Bruce of Newcastle says:
    May 3, 2021 at 10:04 pm

Pretty much correct but we never let it get to the stage of ‘armour plate.’ HOWEVER, armour plate was brilliant for bbq plates.
    Your tax payer dollars at work.

179. egg_ says:

Café Maison caterer’s blend.

180. Leigh Lowe says:

Knuckle Dragger says:

May 3, 2021 at 10:05 pm

Like everyone else, I forgot what her maiden surname was. Is.

Bwah ha ha ha ha.
    I did not know this, but just found out via the Googles.
    Apparently, every time her PR people plant a puff-piece in the meeja, the trolling phrase is “stunning and brave”.
    Obviously, the masterminds advising her chose those as the “re-launch branding” words post divorce.
    Except they laid it on with a trowel and that precise phrase with no variation appeared in a dozen media reports at once.
    So “stunning and brave” it is.

181. JC says:

mh says:
    May 3, 2021 at 10:10 pm

Headline on Paul Murray show:

Only 57% Of Vic Public Service Back In Office

mh

How can you tolerate watching that useless, obese slob?

182. Dot says:

Only 57% Of Vic Public Service Back In Office

That’s a good thing.

Let’s make it 0%.

183. feelthebern says:

Thought that was you…doing 50 in an 80 zone…prick.

184. Alas they’re not using the big old glass jar (diameter of a mixmaster bowl) with threaded tin lid (coloured blue & white, with little sombreros around the margins), however, enjoy this Pablo coffee television ad from just over 50 years ago.

185. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

Nazi memorabilia auction sales spark call for ban
    Exclusive
    Jess Malcolm
    Reporter
    @jessmalcolm1
    10 minutes ago May 3, 2021
    No Comments

A Sydney auction house selling Nazi memorabilia has sparked outrage among some sections of the Jooish community and re­ignited calls to ban displays of Nazi symbols as fears grow about the rise of white supremacist groups.

The auction of original swastika medallions and photographs of Adolf Hisler, at Smalls Auctions in Paddington, is the latest in a series of controversial sales that have prompted demands to end the commercial exploitation of extremist symbols.

Smalls Auctions, owned by Mark Duff, is a nondescript shopfront and cafe located on Oxford Street, a popular shopping strip in the city’s eastern suburbs.

While some Jooish groups ­attacked the sale, Vic Alhadeff, chief executive of the NSW Jooish Board of Deputies, was less concerned about it after ­dispatching Jooish Board of Deputies staff to speak to Mr Duff after being informed of the items available.

“The display and sale of Nazi items is hurtful and offensive to all well-meaning Australians, given that 27,000 Australian soldiers lost their lives fighting that regime, while six million Joos were murdered by that same ­regime,” he said.

“That said, the Nazi artefacts comprise a small fraction of the memorabilia on sale at this ­location, and as long as they are not being promoted or glorified, they comprise a key part of our history which we forget at our peril.”

186. Leigh Lowe says:

I want to know how people here can speak with authority about the effectiveness of inserting butter in a cat’s bottom.
    Actually, on reflection, I don’t want to know that at all.

187. Leigh Lowe says:

Thought that was you…doing 50 in an 80 zone…prick.

Yep.
    White stick running along the kerb.
    That was me.

188. Leigh Lowe says:

How can you tolerate watching that useless, obese slob?

Leave m0nster alone.
    He could be developing a clot as we speak.

189. Leigh Lowe says:

Café Maison caterer’s blend.

Maison de Merde.
    (Shithouse).

190. mh says:

How can you tolerate watching that useless, obese slob?

I just remembered tonight that I have Sky News at home.
    First time I’ve watched him for years.
    George Christensen was good.

191. JC says:

Dot says:

May 3, 2021 at 10:17 pm

Only 57% Of Vic Public Service Back In Office

That’s a good thing.

Let’s make it 0%.

Dot, we’re still paying the protoplasm.

192. m0nty says:

The point for Christians is that participating in murder is a mortal sin.

I thought you lot didn’t believe in black arm band history?

193. Sorry, I’ve been absent, checking the supersecret CCTV to see who’s been sleeping naked on top of the quilt . errrr… to see which rooms need a new jug coz existing one has been used as a tandoori.
    Have I missed anything? Does the new cat skinning…er.. method.. work on other animals? (eg, my neighbor’s emotional support Pit Bull)

194. Albatross says:

Amoral fuckwit.

195. mh says:

That’s a good thing.

Let’s make it 0%.

They get a generous WFH bonus and they ain’t giving it up.
    Richo said you have to start sacking them.

196. JC says:

I just remembered tonight that I have Sky News at home.
    First time I’ve watched him for years.
    George Christensen was good.

197. Fat Tony says:

Leigh Lowe says:
    May 3, 2021 at 10:19 pm
    Actually, on reflection, I don’t want to know that at all.

I can see where Rex’s hammer would make the job quite a bit safer tho….

198. thefrollickingmole says:

Dickhead just flew back from Filth after being in a known hot spot.
    Now we have 2 families locked down for 14 days and rustled the jimmies of the contact tracers

Been a busy 4 hours

199. Lazlo says:

Ice skating also.

200. Impossible. There would be no room on the screen to have both fat slobs on a screen at the same time.

Sigh, yet again types without checking facts.

The member for Dawson is about one-third the man he used to be. He’s slimmed to the point that he’d pull a root with a Swedish backpacker chick in a country pub with 200 horny bull riders in town.

How about you brush up on your facts before commenting?

201. Lazlo says:

I can see where Rex’s hammer would make the job quite a bit safer tho….

Or Maxwell’s Silver Hammer?

202. JC says:

The member for Dawson is about one-third the man he used to be.

Oh he was stapled. Didn’t know.

Driller, you’re drunk. Go to bed.

203. Anybody know monty’s home address?
    Monty: post a comment every 5 minutes, so we know all is well. (If you’ve trouble staying awake all night, order a jar of Pablo coffee to be delivered via ubereats & keep the jug on)
    Your life is too important, don’t become a statistic.

204. Knuckle Dragger says:

‘I thought you lot didn’t believe in black arm band history?’

Stunning and brave.

205. harrys on the boat says:

OK, I’m confused

Lesbians; hate men, love cock.

206. ‘I thought you lot didn’t believe in black arm band history?’

Offensive.
    Please use the phrase “apology arm band
    or perhaps “arm band of remorse

207. Dr Faustus says:

When you drop into the Cat irregularly some things you find can seem rather strange and disturbing.
    This one rates about 7.5/10.

208. JC says:

Lesbians; hate men, love cock.

There’s actually nothing to be confused about. There’s no such thing as lesbians. Sure, there are plenty of man-haters around (see Louise Nilligan), but lesbians as in women having sex with each other. Naa. You require a male appendage for sex otherwise there’s no sex. Hence, lesbians really don’t exist.

209. Leigh Lowe says:

Paul Murray is a genuine Aussie bloke.
    Like Macca on Sunday mornings.
    And Bryan Brown.
    And Peter Allen.
    Oh.

210. Knuckle Dragger says:

And Tim Minchin.

211. Lazlo says:

True JC. An old college mate said that sex was wanking with a woman on the end.

212. mh says:

Sal, what’s the deal with the new Qld govt QR code app?

I’ve heard it’s designed to help them crack down on recalcitrant private enterprise.

213. Bruce O’Newk:

The Chinese nuking Canberra would ruin the Government’s whole day.

It’d make mine…

214. Sal, what’s the deal with the new Qld govt QR code app?

That’s probably a bingo (the reason)

It’s been very poorly handled/implemented. I don’t think there’s anything about it that’s not a complete stuff-up.

215. JD says:

Good news on the antiviral front for Covid and all its variants from Pfizer, possibly end of this year. A more expensive swallow than HCQ and Ivermectin.

216. JC says:

mh
    Shorter Driller:

I don’t know as I haven’t had patron in the establishment for the the 15 months.

217. JC says:

JD

And that will be the clincher to finally win. A pill is far far superior to an arm puncture.

218. mh: I took a minute to dig up comments posted by a couple of switched on fellow cats,
    these may help:

Roger says: May 1, 2021 at 10:16 pm

Business owners in QLD who fail to utilise the approved check in app now face up to six months in prison despite no cases of community transmission for 30 days.

Otoh, a covid positive visitor in transit from PNG who spent 2+ hours in Brisbane airport’s “green zone” presents “no concerns” according to our CHO, whose highest academic qualification is an MBA.

Safe hands.

219. incoherent rambler says:

we’re still paying the protoplasm.

but they are not doing anything. so that is a plus.

220. incoherent rambler says:

Don’t forget to duct tape the animal before you do the butter thing.

221. mh: this one covers it very well,

thefrollickingmole says: May 1, 2021 at 6:22 pm

Look at this.
    Its pravda level shit.
    Older Queenslanders have welcomed the streamlining of COVID-19 contact tracing efforts as the state’s Check In Qld app becomes officially mandatory in hospitality businesses.

From today, any cafe, restaurant or pub could face penalties of up to six months in prison if they aren’t using the state government’s Check In Qld smartphone app to register patrons upon arrival.
    ….
    “If businesses don’t comply with the direction, there’s a penalty of up to 100 penalty units or up to six months’ imprisonment,” it said.

The penalty unit value in Queensland is $133.45
    133.45 x 100 is $13345.
    Nice little earner for the blockwarts and snitches.

222. mh says:

Donald Trump is not leaving – and can win again, says NIGEL FARAGE | Express commentary | Comment
    May 2, 2021

Six months may have passed since Donald Trump was defeated by his Democratic rival “Sleepy Joe” Biden, but Republican activists and politicians are still pessimistic and disheartened. They envision four years of radical fiscal, environmental and appeasement policies towards the “awakened” brigade. In the first 100 days of Biden’s presidency, Democrats have threatened to pack the Supreme Court, add new Senate seats in blue zones, and even suggest abolishing the Electoral College system itself.

As a result, there is a terrible feeling that the Constitution of the United States is under attack and, after four years of victories under former President Trump, it does not make for happy conservative activists as it stands.

As I arrived in Miami after a two-week quarantine period on the island of Saint Maarten in the Caribbean, many activists told me they found it unfathomable that President Trump won 74,222,958 votes but did not get not achieved victory.

Allegations of electoral fraud are still alive and there is not a lot of enthusiasm in the air.

Over the past week, I have spoken privately to several members of Congress who are completely demoralized.

My first stop was to see an old friend. President Trump looked fit and healthy at his base in Mar-a-Lago and is seriously considering another race next time.

No one can inspire conservatives in the United States like they can and the Democratic Party should think carefully about underestimating him. One thing is certain in American politics; Trump is not leaving.

His admiration for our Queen and our country is second to none on the world stage, and he still makes a fantastic ally for the UK.

Over the next six weeks, I will be visiting nearly a dozen states, in association with grassroots organizations. Its mission is to campaign for lower taxes, less government and more freedom, which I think is good in this new Covid era.

On my America’s Comeback Tour, we will re-energize activists across the country and bring them back to the streets.

Campaigning at the grassroots is the less glamorous side of politics, but after 25 years of building the Ukip and then the Brexit Party, I can tell you it’s the most important. In fact, by knocking on doors and getting voters out, you can increase a candidate’s vote share by over 20%.

The American conservative movement can take back its country like we did by giving people a hopeful picture of the future. In politics, it is not only the elections that we must win, but hearts and minds.

We will mobilize Americans with a positive message.

But I have an even bigger message about this tour.

After 2016, Brexit looked lost. As we now know, the establishment has spent years trying to overthrow the democratic will of the British people.

For a long time, it seemed like they could succeed, with years of political wrangling and legal battles.

However, after launching the Brexit Party in 2019 and winning the European elections with just six weeks of campaigning, we have shown that the grassroots can fight for victory.

This was possible because the anti-EU supporters I had built over the past 25 years were ready to be put on hold.

Brexit voters had not changed their minds and were determined to leave the European Union.

The rest is history, as Boris Johnson took over the leadership of the Conservative Party and Brexit was dealt with as a problem in the following general election.

For a while it looked like Brexit might not happen, but we picked it up and got past it.

This is my message to Republicans on this trip. As bad as Biden and the Democrats are, in some ways their opportunity is now.

As it did in 2016, I hope the Brexit message can once again inspire Republicans to victory.

223. Beertruk says:

Speedbox says:
    May 3, 2021 at 7:27 pm
    mh says:
    May 3, 2021 at 6:32 pm
    Totalitarians wet dream.

I like Speedbox’s method.

224. egg_ says:

You Can’t Ask That – Series 6 | Official Trailer

Freakshow.

Ian Roberts still looking fit @0:48.

225. MatrixTransform says:

Ukan Biteme

best friends with Gofa Kuself

226. egg_ says:

Methinks Roberts would flatten Pirate Pete.

227. Dr Faustus says:

Don’t forget to duct tape the animal before you do the butter thing.

Rubber gloves.
    And probably an apron of some sort.

228. mh says:

Thanks, Sal.

I went to use QR today and was confronted with pages of Qld govt crap about their new app.

229. The venue doesn’t check your login details with any other form of ID and in any case, they are not authorised to do so.

That must be one of the changes.
    Under the previous sign-in regime I was pinged coz someone had signed in with an address that wasn’t where they lived. (they’d written No. 6 instead of No. 8 for their street address)
    The coppers went berserk. I yawned.
    Plod darkly informed me that I wouldn’t be issued an infringement notice “this time”
    I yawned again.

230. mh, are you a business, or a hopeful cafe/pub client?

231. Ukan Biteme. Love it!
    I don’t give a flying farq if anybody signs in or not, never mind if they give correct details or not.
    The whole thing is bullshit with a capital B

232. mh says:

Name, mobile number and email was all they asked for today.

233. mh says:

mh, are you a business, or a hopeful cafe/pub client?

Just a patron entering a Brisbane venue today.
    I wasn’t in the mood to download a govt app.

234. The Barking Toad says:

Qld QR bullshit.

What if you don’t have a “smartphone”, your passport has expired and your driver’s licence has been cancelled for non payment of a stupid exorbitant fine?

Can I just sign in with a bit of paper so the venue owner doesn’t get jailed?

Ukan Biteme sounds good.

235. egg_ says:

Oy Trickler:

🚀 Sovietwave Radio 24/7 Live Stream 🚀

!… command to the chatbot returns the name of the tune now playing (in Ruski)

236. If you don’t have a smart phone, you have to ask the venue operator to sign you in via their on-line system and confirming your name/address and other details from your driver’s licence etc.

Dunno how that works.
    To have an online system the venue first has to:
    Purchase & have delivered a iphone, android phone, or a “tablet”
    Then obtain a google account.
    Only then can you download this “venue on-line system”

In the couple of dozen pages of ‘instructions’ (about as easy to read as a microsoft client agreemente) there is nothing that tells me I have to buy a ‘tablet’ & get a google account.

Did I mention I don’t give a flying farq?

30,000 people milled around on the streets in Brisbane for some BLM rally, no contact tracing.
    30,000 people per day mill around in shopping centres & food courts, no contact tracing.
    People ride in a taxi for up to an hour, confined with the cab driver, no contact tracing & no idea who the passenger is.

It is all total bullshit.

237. If I go Six months without posting, you’ll know what happened:

238. JC says:

Thanks mh.

Look at what you’ve done. Now let’s see you stop the pubbling.

239. mh says:

Name, mobile number and email was all they asked for today.

Meaning no driver’s licence requested.

240. Meaning no driver’s licence requested.

Nobody cares anymore – except staff at the major corporate places (+ the occasional dutiful sheep)

241. egg_ says:

!… command to the chatbot returns the name of the tune now playing (in Ruski)

! trek (Ruski)
    ! Track (English)

Right click > Translate to English
    To get the track title in English in the live chat window.

242. mh says:

JC, the Qld govt is at war with private enterprise.

You don’t want to see Salvatore banged up for six months do you?

243. mudguts, why don’t you post a personal anecdote about your latest coffee shop expidition?
    Be sure to include comments on the apparel of the people at the adjacent table, & of the parking skill of the driver in front of you.
    You haven’t posted this type of riveting scintillating update for a couple of hours now.

RUOK?

244. You don’t want to see Salvatore banged up for six months do you?

Heh!
    My standing instruction for this circumstance is nobody is to bail me out.
    … just keep the Wilbur Smith* novels coming at six-hour intervals.

No cakes with files inside.

(* not limited to Wilbur Smith, just that type of escapist stuff)