Open Forum: May 1, 2021

6,917 Responses to Open Forum: May 1, 2021

1. JC says:

Okay, because I haven’t read his twitter page for ages and went there just before and saw it’s all protected and shit.

Personally, I think he’s a fucking idiot, but that’s just me. He does has interesting views occasionally and boy he’s great when he’s hanging shit on same famous quacks.

2. Infidel Tiger King says:

His basic premise on most things is right.

Weight lifting, localism, skin in the game, being anti-fragile… all sound advice.

Triple masking and wearing a snorkel, not so much

3. DrBeauGan says:

Bespoke, I’ll consider smartspecs when I can use them to pay in shops by looking at the infernal machine.

4. calli says:

Sheesh. Et tu bespoke?

I’m 5’ 3 1/2”.

That 1/2” is very important. It gives me extra glamour.

5. Shy Ted says:

Is it me or are there an increasing number of ads aimed at yoof where the prominent yoof has a prominent hickey? I think the latest was KFC. Sex sells.

6. BofN:

New Zealand Book Festival Cancels ‘Harry Potter’ Event over J.K. Rowling Saying Only Women Menstruate (3 May)

FMD, they’ve fair dinkum gone & cancelled a Harry Potter themed event, coz J.K. Rowling stated a basic indisputable fact.

We’re in bizzarro world.

7. Caveman says:

Hen pecked

8. bespoke says:

Only a software update before you can, DrBG.

9. Entropy says:

bespoke says:
    May 4, 2021 at 4:33 pm
    Replace Rail Freight with Road Freight and replace efficient Petrol Trucks with inefficient Diesel Trucks.

Diesel motors are more fuel efficient and last longer

I am sure their efficiency would be improved with an infusion of gypsum. Otherwise, what a crock of shit.

10. JC says:

Drills

I know you’re ignoring my earlier comment and I’m hoping you haven’t gone back to pretending to skip past my posts, or so you say which I don’t believe anyway and neither does anyone else. You know how you mentioned Barneby knows you and is /was afraid of the “bush publican’s” prominence.

Do you mind if we get Vicky to ask Barneby if he really does know about you. I really want to put this one to bed once and for all, if you know what I mean just to establish if it was true or you were just blowharding as usual.

11. Entropy says:

Ed I mean

12. bespoke says:

Sure calli 😎

13. Leigh Lowe says:

bespoke says:
    May 4, 2021 at 2:59 pm
    Tourist enjoying themselves and getting what they payed for instead of being used as a captive audience. I say it’s a good thing.

😂😂😂
    I did have visions of what really happened when “St Ruth stumped the smartarse academics and city-fied folks to the point where they didn’t have an answer to his home-spun wisdom.”
    A bit of eye-rolling, coughing, wives kicking husbands under the table to stop them starting a blue.

14. Vicki says:

He made his tweets private.

He went completely loopy about Covid and masks and still managed to catch it himself!

Wow! Didn’t know he caught “the thing”. Probably why his twitter account now not available. Wondered about that.

15. Bruce of Newcastle says:

The Golden Globes to be renamed the Black Vaginas.*

Golden Globes Organization Hiring Chief Diversity Officer to Address Lack of Black Members (3 May)

The organization behind the annual Golden Globes Awards show is hiring a chief diversity, equity, and inclusion officer to address a public relations crisis stemming from the revelation that the group has no black people in its voting membership.

* I made that up, but if the Bee repeats it I claim copyright!

16. Farmer Gez says:

One of the Cat Agricultural chapter might correct me here, but I think it is not exactly laser zapping. I think it works like this …
    The weed sprayer has two booms. The front one has lasers and the rear one has spray nozzles. Let’s say they are two metres apart and the sprayer is travelling at 2 metres per second. A laser detects a weed (by difference from the uniformity of the crop). One second later the corresponding spray nozzle lets go a jet of spray as it passes over the detected weed.
    Uses 3/8 of half a poofteenth of weed killer as blanket spraying.

Pretty right on this LL.
    The sensor sends a beam (NIR) and interprets the return pulse for the colour signal of chlorophyll of a green plant which then activates the spray nozzle following behind.

It is good in situations where there are few weeds and a mostly bare paddock, as you’d find after a summer rain. Less useful with an autumn break and a general germination of unwanted plants. A blanket spray is more effective and cost efficient in most cases.

There are machines in development that use high energy microwave technology to cook the weed. It’s a great idea but very hard to put into a machine the can identify the weed and zap it all in one go. As weeds vary in height, colour and growth habit, it’s a challenge to have a delivery system that doesn’t constantly zap the entire ground surface frying the worms.

17. JC says:

LL, Gez

The thing I listened to was quite specific. It was discussing using lasers only.

18. Dot says:

Let’s have an arts led recovery.

19. Terry Pedersen says:

We’re in bizzarro world.

Only Women Bleed

20. Farmer Gez says:
  21. Leigh Lowe says:

JC says:
    May 4, 2021 at 5:40 pm
    LL, Gez

That sounds like the second type of technology Gez mentioned.

22. Tel says:

Struth man you gotta listen to this … it’s about trucks … supply chain … food prices.

Put it in the podcast queue for a long drive.

23. bespoke says:

Leigh Lowe

Some how I can’t imagine high up government/ type academics taking the buss. Maybe a shuttle to the motel to pic up the Toyotas.

24. Lysander says:

I’ll never forget look on the face of the UN money-collector on the streets…

UN: “Excuse me, sir, excuse me”
    Me: “What!” (grumpily walking past);
    UN: “Do you know what the number one problem in Africa is?
    Me: “Yes!” (me now walking away and looking back)
    UN: “Well? Whaaaaat?”
    Me: “THE UNITED NATIONS!”
    UN: **blankest stare I’ve ever seen**

25. Farmer Gez says:

Heat lasers would have a nasty habit of creating big fires in paddocks in Australia. The microwave and high temp steam would be most friendly to our situation.

26. Rorschach says:

Would that really work? Some weed is very hardy. I fight with onion weed in the flower beds [or whatever it is] rip it out and in only seems to encourage the pest. If you tickle a weed with a bit EM energy, wouldn’t that just encourage it too? Sunlight’s food for weeds! Or even if you did get some, then – like the onion weed – it would be natural selection and we’ll not only have antibiotic resistant bugs, but super resistant weeds as well! Day of the Triffids on steroids.

27. Bruce of Newcastle says:

Only Women Bleed

Hehe, another fine Bee headline would be “Alice Cooper Cancelled For Song Written 46 Years Ago”.

28. Dot says:

Lysander says:
    May 4, 2021 at 5:49 pm
    I’ll never forget look on the face of the UN money-collector on the streets…

UN: “Excuse me, sir, excuse me”
    Me: “What!” (grumpily walking past);
    UN: “Do you know what the number one problem in Africa is?
    Me: “Yes!” (me now walking away and looking back)
    UN: “Well? Whaaaaat?”
    Me: “THE UNITED NATIONS!”
    UN: **blankest stare I’ve ever seen**

You sir, deserve a standing ovation.

29. Leigh Lowe says:

Ker-ching!
    Just got my $4k from VW via Maurice Blackburn ambulance-chasers.
    Is it enough to compensate for the emotional scars of finding out you were driving a car which was tricking Gaia?
    Probably not, but it will have to do.

30. Lysander says:

Thanks Dot 😛

31. calli says:

I only got $3k.

You must have had a more expensive Gaia molester.

32. Farmer Gez says:

I forgot Dr Evil.

“Lasers”

33. Lysander says:

(Another time Amnesty asked me for money and I said I didn’t have any but he could check with their CEO who got a multi-million dollar payout).

And…. a time before that, I told UNESCO I didn’t support baby killers. Each time, these millennials (thinking they’re saving the world from evil) are gobsmacked…never had a “comeback” from them yet.

Or maybe I’m just a tightarse? (But a practical and conservative one nonetheless)

34. JC says:

Can you get the payout without owning one of their VW? I think it sounds fair, seeing they’re destroying Gaia.

35. Bruce of Newcastle says:

Lysander wins the Cat!

If I was quicker and braver I’d take on the boiling hot blonde WWF booth babes that sometimes appear at the local shopping centre. “You look yummy enough to feed to a starving polar bear!” Or “Is that slinky black t-shirt made by Uighur slaves? You should take it off.” But I always wimp it.

36. Fair Shake says:

BoN @ 5:37

The Golden Globes to be renamed the Black Vaginas.*

In further news Boeing’s recent internal inclusiveness study determined plane fuselages were too phallic. To address the Next generation of Boeing aircraft will look more like chunts.

37. JC says:

Dot says:
    May 4, 2021 at 5:53 pm

Lysander says:
    May 4, 2021 at 5:49 pm
    I’ll never forget look on the face of the UN money-collector on the streets…

UN: “Excuse me, sir, excuse me”
    Me: “What!” (grumpily walking past);
    UN: “Do you know what the number one problem in Africa is?
    Me: “Yes!” (me now walking away and looking back)
    UN: “Well? Whaaaaat?”
    Me: “THE UNITED NATIONS!”
    UN: **blankest stare I’ve ever seen**

You sir, deserve a standing ovation.

He does doesn’t he. Lysander, take a bow. Excellent street preformance.

38. Leigh Lowe says:

bespoke says:
    May 4, 2021 at 5:47 pm
    Leigh Lowe

Mmmmyes.
    Probably so.
    But we were frequently told how dumb-arse Perfessers* and hoighty-toighty city types were constantly being put in their place by Otto Man the busdriver from the Simpsons.
    * Probably not ideal on a site run by a Perfesser.

39. JC says:

Performance…

40. Dot says:

Lysander

Amnesty nearly made we want to slap a bitch.

I tried to walk down from Mount St to Walker St before work and this crazy hot chick literally corners me then puts her arm out, blocking my path.

“Sorry I have to go to work”

Man I was pissed off. I should have released the hounds, failing that, sprayed them with some foul muck like cat piss.

When I was 19 in Canberra, I offered money to get rid of landmines, they wanted my credit card…EFF OFF!

Bloody shills.

41. Boambee John says:

I once told a Wilderness Society collector that I couldn’t afford to donate, as I was saving for a chainsaw. Couldn’t see the reaction because of the koala suit.

42. Dot says:

😅🤣

This thread has become golden. 😊

43. feelthebern says:

The funniest thing about the January 6th unsupervised walk through the Capitol building was seeing those two congressmen (or congressman & associate) running though the halls wearing those space helmets to protect them from the COVID devil.
    Retards like that would feel quite at home in the Congress.

44. feelthebern says:

There’s a decent read called “Emergency Sex” put together by 3 former UN workers.
    Their advice was, if you see the blue helmets coming over the hill to “help” you, run the other way as fast as you can.

45. Leigh Lowe says:

JC says:
    May 4, 2021 at 5:59 pm

It is allegedly to compensate you for loss of re-sale value, not for Gaia damage.
    I didn’t think I lost anything on re-sale, and it is hard to see how the vehicle was devalued when the “problem” was fixed and performance showed no perceptible change. I checked my fuel economy afterwards and I managed to get 5.25 litres per 100 km on a long trip.
    I think VW just put their hands up and paid out.
    Calli, I got a touch over $3,700. It had a few bells and whistles. I don’t know how they figured it out. Compo ranged from about $1,500 to nearly $6k, from memory.
    And I only just got paid. Some of these schemes have crazy interest provisions, so differences might be a result of timing.

46. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

I told someone, collecting signatures for a petition demanding David Hicks return to Australia, that, considering Hicks had no rights under international law, and could quite lawfully have been shot out of hand, he was lucky to be in Gitmo….

47. caveman says:

Watchin teh news , Albo said” virtual signaling “. It’s game on.

48. Leigh Lowe says:

Word ‘o the day … “kvetchy”.
    Noice.

49. feelthebern says:

From Emergency Sex, the head of one UN mission in some shit hole country had a town hall style event for all the UN staff.
    “And please, if you must frequent the local brothels, can you please not park the white UN four wheel drives out the front”.

50. DrBeauGan says:

I’m stealing that.

51. calli says:

$50k buy price, 80,000km. VW offered $10k trade-in 5 years later citing the re-sale value that they had compromised. Ended up selling it for $16k privately.

Don’t. Buy. Kraut.

52. JC says:

Rones

Did you throw a pie at him? You’ve often mentioned how you throw pies at people.

53. calli says:

I’m still kvetchy about it.

54. feelthebern says:

Don’t. Buy. Kraut.

How dare you !

55. Bruce of Newcastle says:

JC says:
    May 4, 2021 at 5:59 pm
    Can you get the payout without owning one of their VW?

JC – I thought we established yesterday that Cats aren’t allowed to drive Volkswagens because they established by the Nazis.

56. Infidel Tiger King says:

I once told someone collecting for the Cancer Council “hope you die in absolute agony”.

Was an absolute zinger, but I guess you had to be there.

57. Rorschach says:

Would be to find out what is really on Pelosi’s laptop!

There is still a massive search out for it. And threats! I would bet that the reason Giuliani got raided was to see if he had it!

58. JC says:

eggsactly Brucie. Excellent point.

By the way, I wasn’t having a go at you with that piece. I was wondering what your response to that was.

59. H B Bear says:

Lysander – I once told a guy collecting for Sea Shepherd the main problem with whaling was that they were too hard to kill. I think I was on my way into the Subi farmers market, obviously a prime demographic.

60. calli says:

This kvetchy.

Thanks, bespoke. It’s now bookmarked as a flattering self-portrait.

61. Bruce of Newcastle says:

Just pulling your leg JC.

62. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV) says:

Disney not woke enough, must erase its past

“The new grand finale of Snow White’s Enchanted Wish is the moment when the Prince finds Snow White asleep under the Evil Queen’s spell and gives her “true love’s kiss” to release her from the enchantment,” the outlet writes. “A kiss he gives to her without her consent, while she’s asleep, which cannot possibly be true love if only one person knows it’s happening.”

“Haven’t we already agreed that consent in early Disney movies is a major issue? That teaching kids that kissing, when it hasn’t been established if both parties are willing to engage, is not OK?,” The San Francisco Gate continues. “It’s hard to understand why the Disneyland of 2021 would choose to add a scene with such old fashioned ideas of what a man is allowed to do to a woman, especially given the company’s current emphasis on removing problematic scenes from rides like Jungle Cruise and Splash Mountain. Why not re-imagine an ending in keeping with the spirit of the movie and Snow White’s place in the Disney canon, but that avoids this problem?”

Interestingly woke Disney tried to rectify this social justice gaff by having two sister perform a “true love” kiss in the movie Frozen, affirming its commitment to regularising homosexual deviance.

63. H B Bear says:

Funny thing is most are (were?) Swedish backpackers and probably gave less of a shit than you did.

64. bespoke says:

I once called my mother in-law a wench and she apologized the next day for sooking.

Beat that!

65. DrBeauGan says:

I’m going to start a charity to equip cows with guns fired by cow brain waves so as to give a bit of fairness. I expect greens to give generously.

66. Tintarella di Luna says:

Vicki says:
    May 4, 2021 at 4:04 pm

So many lovely thoughtful comments of encouragement and concern for Lizzie B, there’s no denying the warmth and affection extended warms the cockles (and mussels) Get well soon Lizzie, and take it easy

67. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV) says:

ah! talisker single malt, the closest to cat’s piss a man can get

68. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV) says:

Elon musk to the rescue

I would use lasers instead though

69. Lysander says:

Ah man, some funny stories above Cats; pure Champagne Comedy!!!! 🙂

Lysander wins the Cat!

Thanks BoN. I’d like to thank God, my mum and my agent.

(And good luck BoN, go get those pandas! :P)

Until tomorrow…. adieu

70. Infidel Tiger King says:

What’s happened to Lizzie?

71. Roger says:

Let’s have an arts led recovery.

What a spendid idea.

Let’s put all the artists to work in coal mines and at ports for a pittance.

If they complain, we can remind them that all great art comes from suffering.

72. H B Bear says:

Clearly minimum wage in a koala suit is no bed of roses. I once went doorknocking around Cottesloe trying to get signatures to close a road through a private golf club. That wasn’t much fun either.

73. Infidel Tiger King says:

Oh no! Not Jarrad Street!

74. John Comnenus says:

I pop in to see what’s happening, and FMD Bob is still banging on about National Service in the Vietnam war. Let it go Bob. The war ended about 50 years ago. It’s well past time to move on. You spent two years in the Army and almost 50 years bitching about it. Your mental health needs you to get past it. LET. IT. GO.

75. Roger says:

He can’t.

He’s allowed it to define who he is and it’s probably too late for remedial therapy at his age.

That’s a serious comment, btw.

76. Mark A says:

Applying the brakes automatically for trains is a good and genuine safety measure.

On the road for a loaded semi taking control from the driver by an algorithm that for obvious reasons cannot foresee every possible scenario?
    I don’t think so.

77. H B Bear says:

Oh no! Not Jarrad Street!

Not sure if it is open or closed as I let my membership lapse. Seaview is a tough track but virtually unplayable if the wind is up. A few too many out of bounds too if you are a bit of a long and loose player as I was in my prime. Collecting your golf ball from amongst the Sunday morning junior rugby spectators potentially affected your employability too.

78. H B Bear says:

Was given plenty of physically challenging suggestions with what we could do with our petition.

79. Woolfe says:

ITK,
    She is recovering from a procedure

80. H B Bear says:

That’s a serious comment, btw.

I thought it was a lifestyle thing. That’s a serious comment, btw.

81. Infidel Tiger says:

Bob was drafted to Vietnam and that seems to have affected him badly. That wasn’t his doing.

Spending all day and night here is his choice.

Strange guy.

82. Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV) says:

I don’t think so.

My car already does that.

83. Infidel Tiger says:

Your door knocking worked Bear.

Jarrad St has been permanently closed for some time now. The days of zooming up there dodging millionaire septuagenarians aiming golf balls at you are over.

84. Frank says:

Sea Shepherd, WWF, Greenpeace etc. Much prefer the Hari Krishnas when it comes to street pests, at least they put on an act and had some colour and movement about them. The buckets slops weren’t bad if you were hard up and like deep fried battered capsicum.

85. Mark A says:

Ƶĩppʯ (ȊꞪꞨV) says:
    May 4, 2021 at 6:53 pm

My car already does that.

Hope it’s always to the good.
    I’d hate to drive a car like that.

86. Roger says:

Spending all day and night here is his choice.

Everything is a choice, IT, including our reactions to things that happen in our lives that are beyond our control.

87. thefrollickingmole says:

Been doing some phoning round for covid crap.
    Apparently each of the 5 vaccination providers in Feraldton get allocated 50 a week.
    That’s for a town around 25000 people or so.

Going to take a while for those borders to reopen at that rate.

88. H B Bear says:

Doubt I could even reach the road now. Takes all the fun out of it. IT – I think they decided it was easier to stack the council, which they proceeded to do.

89. Shy Ted says:

If you only had 2 weeks to live, what would you do. Better start now.

90. H B Bear says:

Give you the tip – there weren’t too many millionaires at Seaview as a quick walk around the club storeroom would attest. They were all having breakfast at Cottesloe and Karrinyup.

91. Zyconoclast says:

Grandmother fatally punched in French Quarter…
    Police say suspect punched in her face, causing fall and hitting her head on concrete

New Orleans police say Johnson Street, 61, got into an argument* with Jeremiah Mark, 23, in the 100 block of Royal Street on April 18 at about 7:45 p.m. Details about the argument* haven’t been available,…

*Note that argument is code for being mugged or worse.

92. Roger says:

Doubt I could even reach the road now. Takes all the fun out of it.

Hang in there, Bear.

Have you managed to escape for a coffee lately?

93. caveman says:

“The RBA has left interest rates on hold at 0.1% – and a strongly rebounding economy means that’s unlikely to change any time soon”

It’s got to be the money tree, there is no other explanation .

94. 132andBush says:

Great
    Now it’s giant Chinese phallic symbols falling from the sky.

And I thought the mouse plague was bad.

95. Nick says:

IT, the 2019 Standish has been released. The Lemella sold out in two hours today. Still worth it at $110

96. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

As has been pointed out on this blog before, the system provided for a ‘soft option” in the form of six years part time service with the Citizen’s Military Forces. “Special conditions” units were set up, in all States, except Tasmania, to allow that service to be completed, in the form of two two week full time camps a year, for six years.

97. Infidel Tiger says:

I was on the job early for that!

98. H B Bear says:

There are only two types of private golf clubs. Ones with too much money and broke ones. One guy I know left Cottesloe because they were constantly digging the place up. Turned out he just wanted to play golf.

99. Albatross says:

Infidel Tiger says:
    May 4, 2021 at 6:53 pm
    Bob was drafted to Vietnam and that seems to have affected him badly

He’ll never forget the time he killed that tent in the heap of battle. Clutching the folds of canvas to his breast – but it was too late for Big Top.

100. Nick says:

You got it ? Rotter. I only got one Lemella last year but a friend got 3 in HK go figure.
    Plan B is to pre order from certain bottle shops that may get an allocation.

101. Albatross says:

*heat

102. bespoke says:

Infidel Tiger says:
    May 4, 2021 at 6:53 pm

If I didn’t know his previous history id go with that but being taught your more special then every one at such a young age plays more into it. The Vet thing is only a saleable excuse to the gullible.

103. H B Bear says:

Hang in there, Bear.
    Have you managed to escape for a coffee lately?

Cheers Roger. Only got hit for Sneakers 3 day lockdown this time. Seems everyone is getting more relaxed now. Hopefully we lose the masks this weekend too.

104. Struth says:

Leigh Lowe

Mmmmyes.
    Probably so.
    * Probably not ideal on a site run by a Perfesser.

The but hurt boys wait until I leave and then try to gain their confidence back with smart arse comments to each other.
    Knowing the expected response won’t tax the grey cells too much, and all will agree.

What you doodle heads don’t know is a whole lot more than you do, but ignorance won’t stop the sneering bitchy shit.
    It’s pathetic.
    Trying to talk yourselves up never imagining your own ignorance stands out like dogs balls.
    But here’s one for what you can’t imagine bespoke.
    You can’t imagine senior Public Servants taking the bus?
    Maybe you’ll stop and think before dribbling every brain fart next time in an eagerness to be a smart arse.
    No matter how rich you are, there are only six drivers that can take you to the areas we go in Arnhem land, every season.
    Only six tour couches/4wd trucks run the program over the year.
    If you don’t go on our tours, you don’t go.
    No matter who you are.
    It’s the bus or fuck off.
    There’s no self driving allowed.
    If you’re white and want to see these places, you’ll get a terrible big arsehole like me that knows more about the place than any perfessor from the cities, guiding you.
    Just a fact.
    That sort of shit really eats Frank up.
    How are you with it?

105. JC says:

I was asked to today, who do I consider to be the most evil character in a movie I’ve watched – outside of action movies.

I’d have to say, the most frighteningly evil bastard would have to be Anton Chigurh in No Country For Old men.

106. Roger says:

Hopefully we lose the masks this weekend too.

Good to hear!

107. Nick says:

Does anyone speak Struth? I can’t work out what he said.

108. Cassie of Sydney says:

Struth still kvetchy.

109. Roger says:

Starting with the haircut.

110. Zyconoclast says:

A juror on the Derek Chauvin trial who told the court that he had no prior knowledge of the George Floyd civil case was photographed last August wearing a shirt that read “Get your knee off our necks” and “BLM.” He stated last week that he saw jury duty as a means to “spark some change.”

Speaking in a show called Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell on April 27, Mitchell said that people should say yes to jury duty as a means to promote societal change.
    “I mean it’s important if we wanna see some change, we wanna see some things going different, we gotta into these avenues, get into these rooms to try to spark some change,” he said. “Jury duty is one of those things. Jury duty. Voting. All of those things we gotta do.”

111. Arky says:

I liked him.

112. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

Name and shame the climate extremists’
    exclusive
    Geoff Chambers
    CHIEF POLITICAL CORRESPONDENT
    @Chambersgc
    3 minutes ago May 4, 2021
    No Comments

Australia’s oil and gas industry says it will not stand by and be overrun by climate activists like the coal sector, accusing climate change groups of using “dodgy shareholder tactics” to stop projects and kill jobs.

Oil and gas lobby group APPEA says “extreme environmental front groups”, including the Australasian Centre for Corporate Responsibility, Market Forces and Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis, over their targeting of banks and super funds.

In its submission to a parliamentary inquiry probing prudential regulation of investment in Australia’s export industries, APPEA said climate activists ignored the reality that “natural gas will play a key role in achieving the objectives of the Paris Agreement”, driving down emissions while ensuring reliable energy.

The oil and gas sector, which supports more than 80,000 jobs through companies including BP, Shell, Santos, Origin and Woodside, is increasingly concerned by the threat to investment as lenders aggressively pursue environmental, social and corporate governance strategies under pressure from climate activists.

The intervention, which comes after Josh Frydenberg last week announced a crackdown on proxy advisers to inject greater oversight into the decisions of institutional shareholders including super funds, was prompted by risks to future projects and Australia’s oil supply.

APPEA chief executive Andrew McConville said it was “time to call out the extreme environmental movement’s dodgy shareholder tactics” targeting the oil and gas sector, which contributes almost 3 per cent to Australia’s GDP and 11 per cent of exports.

“These groups attack shareholders, banks and other lending institutions as a backdoor to stopping projects and killing jobs,” he said. “Activists are getting more sophisticated — instead of tying themselves to worksites, they are using shareholder meetings to wage their ideological war and it must stop.

“The oil and gas industry is no longer going to sit by and allow this misinformation to fester and stop vital projects. It is time to name and shame these groups and call out who they represent.”

113. Bear Necessities says:

Disney not woke enough, must erase its past

Based on views above Snow White was lucky. A UN white hat would of done much more than kiss.

114. Arky says:

I’ve spoken to both of you, and like both of yiz.
    But then, I also thought Anton Chigurh was a good guy.

115. Infidel Tiger says:

They dug it up again recently.

I’ll stick to public courses. Better class of people.

116. JC says:

Arky
    What did you like about Anton?

117. Arky says:

Quote fuck up.
    Try again.

Nick says:
    May 4, 2021 at 7:19 pm
    Does anyone speak Struth? I can’t work out what he said.

I’ve spoken to both of you, and like both of yiz.
    But then, I also thought Anton Chigurh was a good guy.

118. Struth says:

Struth still kvetchy.

I’ve been kvetchy since February last year.
    Sane innocent people imprisoned by tyrants should be.
    The delusional, trying to grab hold of the belief covid is something, and that this is all going away, may appear happy now, but their crash into Kvetchness isn’t far off..

I actually came back on here only to see if anyone wanted to take a bet on.
    None of our positive testing cricketers are sick and none will die.
    Australian citizenship will save all those Indian/Australians in India, and none will die.
    The best defense against covid is playing cricket or making a pollie look bad by getting sick or dying stuck over where the farce of regularly burning Hindu bodies is now being reported laughingly as a pandemic.
    Any disagree, and wanna take da bet?

119. MatrixTransform says:

I liked him.

*chuckles

120. Arky says:

What did you like about Anton?

He just seemed like a straight character who wouldn’t fuck you around with a lot of bullshit.

121. Struth says:

Does anyone speak Struth? I can’t work out what he said.

You couldn’t find your own arse with two hands and a mirror.
    Email your boss and get him to translate it into betamale for you.

122. I’ve been kvetchy since February last year.
    Sane innocent people imprisoned by tyrants should be.

Fair call.

123. Spurgeon Monkfish III says:

Word’s tiniest violin time – Bolt defending himself for being an expedient weathervane.

Not long after that Truckwit Matt Caravan had mentioned the concept of this stupid, stupid country “reacquiring” the port of Darwin.

Idiots.

124. Albatross says:

Struth says:
    May 4, 2021 at 7:30 pm
    Does anyone speak Struth? I can’t work out what he said.

You couldn’t find your own arse with two hands and a mirror.
    Email your boss and get him to translate it into betamale for you.

REKT.

125. Nick says:

Email your boss and get him to translate it into betamale for you.

So you speak betamale? Fluently I suspect

126. Roger says:

Mmm…yes; just a cattle gun to the forehead for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

127. MatrixTransform says:

I know somebody named Kveta … suits her

kvetchy. very kvetchy

128. GE says:

Watching ABC news tonight. According to Alan Kohler city people are stampeding to rural Australia. Finally waking up!

129. Spurgeon Monkfish III says:

Shortly before blowing your brains out in a dispassionate humane manner. The antithesis of Jules and the latter’s bombastic theatrics.

130. Albatross says:

bespoke says:
    May 4, 2021 at 7:31 pm
    Nick this may help with the translation.

Pretty weak sauce dude.

131. Struth says:

Email your boss and get him to translate it into betamale for you.

So you speak betamale? Fluently I suspect

Well seeing that was plain English and you still couldn’t read it correctly.

I’ll type slowly.
    E-Mail an Ihren Chef

132. Albatross says:

Nastiest bastard maybe Jack from “The House That Jack Built”?

133. Arky says:

You pull up to the Maccas window.
    Who do you want serving your burger, Anton or Jules?

134. Fair Shake says:

Z @ 6:22

Disney not woke enough, must erase its past

Well they could be thankful the Prince wasn’t Andrew.

135. Cassie of Sydney says:

“Struth says:
    May 4, 2021 at 7:28 pm
    Struth still kvetchy.”

Struth, I understand your kvetchiness.

136. Struth says:

Tuma barua kwa bosi wako

From the long grass pygmy tribe known as the wheredafarkarwe people.
    Swahali is close. (The Pygmies don’t know that)

You might have success with that, Nick.
    You appear lost most of the time.

137. Arky says:

“Umm, a big mac and an apple pie”
    Anton; “Don’t put that coin in your pocket SIR, unless you want it to just be change. Which it is”.
    Jules: Long fucking boring speech about burger royals and chips with mayo. Shoot me now.

138. Bruce of Newcastle says:

‘Name and shame the climate extremists’

Elderly lady brushtail just had her dinner. She looked mournful. Flanneries are falling! Because she skipped coming to Cafe Bruce yesterday she was hungry and so ventured forth. Wettest I’ve seen her, and very miserable. Brushtails hate water so much they make cats look aquatic.

139. calli says:

Hakuna matata!

140. MatrixTransform says:

been collecting beer bottle capos since last May,
    turfing them into an empty pot planter
    anybody wanna build a lager-phone?
    Struth?

141. Roger says:

“Grandad, what did you do in the great trucks vs trains war of 2021.”

“I was keeping my powder dry, sonny.”

“What for?”

“For the crucial ‘Was Anton Chiguhr an upstanding fellow’ debate”.

142. Leigh Lowe says:

Just watching the College Admissions Scandal on Stanflix.
    All the players were high net worth individuals (obviously), and probably made political donations.
    I wonder which side of the fence most of those donations fell.
    I have my suspicions.

143. Struth says:

been collecting beer bottle capos since last May,
    turfing them into an empty pot planter
    anybody wanna build a lager-phone?
    Struth?

Can it download the QR code app?
    And
    What does the pot planter have to say about that?

144. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

Hayley Dodd killer Francis John Wark appeals manslaughter conviction and sentence
    Shannon Hampton
    The West Australian
    Tue, 4 May 2021 5:02PM
    Shannon Hampton

The mother of Hayley Dodd says she is “baffled” Francis John Wark has lodged a second appeal against his conviction for killing teenager Hayley Dodd — and will also fight for a reduction in his record 18-year sentence for manslaughter.

Wark was last month cleared of murdering the 17-year-old but was found guilty of unlawfully killing her after abducting her from the side of a Badgingarra road with the intention of sexually assaulting in her July 1999.

The jury’s verdict followed a six-week retrial, ordered after Wark successfully appealed a judge’s decision to convict him for murder in 2018 and jail him for life with a non-parole period of 21 years.

Following the manslaughter conviction, Supreme Court Justice Stephen Hall sentenced Wark to 18 years behind bars, finding it was among the “worst cases of manslaughter” in WA’s history.

The Court of Appeal today confirmed Wark filed an appeal notice on April 16 — three days after he was sentenced — against the verdict and the sentence.

“The sentencing judge erred in law by imposing a sentence that was manifestly excessive,” the notice states.

“The verdict was an unsafe and unsatisfactory decision.

How many times can you appeal?

145. rickw says:

Sadly most won’t realise that they had to escape because of fucking communism, they will bring their shit ideas with them and wreck rural Australia as well.

146. egg_ says:

I never use cruise control, because it’s positively beastly, it’s shit and you’re not driving any more, just steering.

Automatic spark advance is for pooftas – it should be a steering wheel mounted control, just like the good old days.

Diesels don’t have spark advance?

Wankers!

147. Roger says:

And with a smug expression of their dials.

148. Leigh Lowe says:

GE says:

May 4, 2021 at 7:33 pm

ABC types have bought into the peninsulas and are now doing pump and dump on the 7 o’clock news.

149. Struth says:

I have a capo for my guitar, but one made of beer bottle tops should be interesting.
    As you know, my spelling and grammer heer is unrool and kannot be equalled.
    However I must warn you, Mick the Gold Coast groover and hair tinted Audi driver will not put up with two of us here.
    Correct Gramma or it’s the walk of shame.
    Yu won’t be takun seeriously anymoor.

150. H B Bear says:

Does anyone speak Struth? I can’t work out what he said.

I speak Jive. You guys are on your own.

151. bespoke says:

Yes Oh the vines are nice to look at but that harvester should only be going 9-5.

152. Spurgeon Monkfish III says:

“Grandad, what did you do in the great trucks vs trains war of 2021.”

Did Dostoevsky* ever clock a 12 hour shift driving a B-Double across the outback?

Sounds like the basis of the greatest TISM song never written.

*Mentioned upthread and yes, I appreciate he wasn’t around during the Renaissance.

153. rickw says:

On OK with reaquiring it, as long as they hang the treacherous mongrels that “deacquired” it.

154. Zulu Kilo Two Alpha says:

Oh, the vines are nice to look at, but do they have to be sprayed with chemicals?

155. Albatross says:

How many times can you appeal?

Until you get to the High Court. Massive sentence for manslaughter.

156. Leigh Lowe says:

calli says:

May 4, 2021 at 7:42 pm

Hakuna matata!

Fake news.
    You need to undergo de-kvetching after I tore the band-aid off the VW scab.

157. Albatross says:

miltonf says:
    May 4, 2021 at 7:54 pm
    Train’s the way to yeah

Snort!

158. Struth says:

Moving to the country won’t save them from tyranny.
    Neither will heading bush in a caravan.
    Ask a Russian.

159. H B Bear says:

ALPBC rural = Daylesford (Woodend if you’re a bit povo)

160. Dave in Marybrook says:

Treechange wankers are the chemicals bad, robots good pushers.
    They’re also the Coles only charges $7 for their SA wine dicks.

161. Roger says:

Well, I’m glad someone noticed.

😉

162. bespoke says:

Yes unless you want to pay crew of thirty odd to hand weed like bio vineyards do.

163. H B Bear says:

And pruned And trained. And fertilised. And mown. There are easier ways to lose money farming.

164. lotocoti says:

Mildred Ratched.

165. Struth says:

They’ll need a corked hat, their front teeth knocked out, heaps of tats and long side burns (and that’s just the women) if they want to come out here and fit in.
    Oh yeah, and something about Johnny Cash.

166. Zyconoclast says:

If true, It’s like Waffen-SSM and the Village People In the Navy combined.

Travis Akers
    @travisakers
    ·May 1
    History was made on Friday with the first ever all gay
    @USNavy

helicopter crew.

167. miltonf says:

Evelyn Draper

168. miltonf says:

Phyllis Dietrichson

169. Leigh Lowe says:

Mmmyes.
    I want the rural idyll.
    But I really would like the country bumpkins moved on.
    And, after three years in my tree/sea change, I want to ban any new people moving there.

170. Struth says:

“Rotating” may cause confusion.
    Oh, and something about earmuffs and joysticks.
    Who’s the head guy?

171. Ed Case says:

Let the cattle in the orchard and solve the weed problem.

172. Struth says:

Ed job, you’re a weed.
    An ab-noxious one.

173. bespoke says:

It’s one punt in the wind after another for you Ed Case.

174. Black Ball says:

A nice touch.
    Koori Mail has been in publication for 30 years. The paper for black fellas.
    It’s a good read if you push past the boilerplate issues.

175. Black Ball says:

And idiot numbers, it’s Koori.

176. bespoke says:

Feeling charitable. It’s being done Ed but only when they are dormant time will tell if compacted ground is worth it.

177. Struth says:

If you breath out underwater and the bubbles pop at the surface, are you fined?

178. Rex Anger says:

Nobody in their right mind would commit anything time critical to the union-controlled choke points of the public rail system.

Hiho, Nob!

Peter Smith and SCT Logistics would like to offer you a mildly different perspective…

But that’s OK. We evil road-sapping Communists of the Rails gotta collect our massive ‘subsidies,’ block your busy urban road crossings for forever and play you The Song of Our People loudly and inappropriately at 3AM somehow… 🤪

179. H B Bear says:

Mate of mine was in local government down Margaret River way. Everyone opposes subdivision till it’s time to sell up and move to Denmark.

180. Struth says:

Jeez, you seem to have more time on your hands than you know what to do with Rex.
    I thought you were at work.
    Didn’t hear from me here for a month, while I was away driving.
    I wonder what the difference is?

181. Black Ball says:

My fucking God.
    NITV now has drag Queen City. Australian black fella made it to Ru Paul’s decidedly disgraceful show.
    He now says young black fellas choose this path if you feel good. FMD

182. Leigh Lowe says:

H B Bear says:

May 4, 2021 at 7:56 pm

ALPBC rural = Daylesford (Woodend if you’re a bit povo)

Woodend if you are povo (schoolteachers).
    Daylesford if you are poovo.
    Castlemaine if you are lezzo.
    We sold up in Sodom a couple of years ago to move back to The Homestead.
    I thought we got top whack.
    Post Kung Flu you can add roughly 20 – 25%.

183. Rex Anger says:

If you breath out underwater and the bubbles pop at the surface, are you fined?

That’s because farting underwater is a public nuisance, Struth.

Use your nose next time…

184. Infidel Tiger says:

Margaret River, Byron Bay and the Mornington Peninsula aren’t rural.

Get back to me when there’s a property boom in Narromine and Narrogin.

185. miltonf says:

Still only 1822 in the west. Rex is off at 0000.

186. Frank says:

ABC types have bought into the peninsulas

Pray for a bushfire.

187. Rex Anger says:

I thought you were at work

You do know what Midnight is, right?

Didn’t hear from me here for a month, while I was away driving

And the blog was better for it.

By the way, have the shelves run dry, yet? Or have the jackboots come for Freedom Furniture Australia, and you’ve come to seek asylum and disrupt the Cat’s defensive preparations?

188. bespoke says:

Didn’t hear from me here for a month, while I was away driving.

Not even at a the alt-Cat?

189. MatrixTransform says:

they will bring their shit ideas with them and wreck rural Australia as well

I do have shit ideas but, if I went rural I reckon I could get the optical recognition and lasers operating

… short step to a functioning perimeter defense

190. Struth says:

That’s because farting underwater is a public nuisance, Struth.

I’m trying to address a serious issue here regarding swimming in London public pools and I yet have to deal with this teenage toilet humour?

You fucking choo choo drivers have no class at all.

191. Struth says:

And the blog was better for it.

Commos usually find group think more agreeable.

192. Struth says:

Well, seeing we are at it.
    Are you going to pull your horn tonight Rex Anger?

193. Rex Anger says:

And the blog was better for it.

Commos usually find group think more agreeable.

Struth, when you’re an obnoxious full-stop whom only fools like me would take on, everyone who disagrees with you is a Comma…

194. Crossie says:

Infidel Tiger says:
    May 4, 2021 at 8:21 pm

Margaret River, Byron Bay and the Mornington Peninsula aren’t rural.

Get back to me when there’s a property boom in Narromine and Narrogin.

If they really want to experience the countryside they need to move to Cobar or Wilcannia.

195. egg_ says:

The sh*t will hit the fan when everyone getting the jab is told they need to quarantine when they get back from o/s holidays. Because the jab doesn’t prevent you from getting WuFlu nor transmitting it to others.

The Clayton’s Couf vaccine – the vaccine you have when you don’t have a vaccine.

196. Rex Anger says:

Well, seeing we are at it.
    Are you going to pull your horn tonight Rex Anger?

Haven’t got a video-monitored semi with seat-shakers to do the deed in…

197. miltonf says:

Yes Struth is starting to sound you Bronwyn Bishop.

198. Rex Anger says:

Haven’t got a video-monitored semi with seat-shakers to do the deed in…

No 8-track of Cowboy Music either…

199. Struth says:

No but you’re doing nothing and have both hands free.
    Surely you’d like a good pull just to keep you awake over those long lonely nights while you slave away with not even a steering wheel.

Ok, serious question now.

Many trains are now driverless.
    How long have you got before retirement?

200. Crossie says:

Commos usually find group think more agreeable.

Safety of the crowd as long as you are not the first one who stops clapping.

What I find extraordinary is the behaviours of our universities, nothing but groupthink. When I studied for my degree groupthink was a big no-no, leading to stagnation and eventual bankruptcy if practiced by a company. Yet here we are, wall to wall groupthink in wokeness.

201. Nick says:

Not even at a the alt-Cat?

It should be known as ‘the litter tray’

202. Calli:

How about some work on anti-gravs and transporter beams?

How about transfer booths, a la Larry Niven in the Known Space series?
    We’ll leave the nasty Kzin out for the moment…

203. Struth says:

I prefer to think of them as question marks.

204. Ed Case says:

Ever seen how well a tractor compacts the ground in the rows?

205. Dave in Marybrook says:

Oi you pr!cks some of Margaret River is still rural
    To prove it, I sent a bit of kikyuyu smoke across the highway this afternoon.
    Lotsa commuters tested the brakes in their Audis and Cruisers

206. Leigh Lowe says:

bespoke says:

May 4, 2021 at 8:26 pm

Didn’t hear from me here for a month, while I was away driving.

Not even at a the alt-Cat?

Alt-Cat!
    Love it.
    Ratings are worse than the ABC test pattern, but, hey …

207. Crossie says:

No 8-track of Cowboy Music either…

Speaking of which, even though the only cowboyish thing about him is his hat I could listen to Dwight Yoakam all day long. Any album, any track.

208. Struth says:

I think I can, I think I can……..

209. bespoke says:

Ever seen how well a tractor compacts the ground in the rows?

😂

210. Struth says:

What part do you play in the ratings here, Frank?

211. miltonf says:

The last steam loco was withdrawn in NSW in 1973- it’s big GEs, GMs and Alcos now.

212. Struth says:

The fans of the Seekers and Peter Paul and Mary slinging off at those who like country.
    Or is it the Classic hour for you on the ABC?
    Maybe grunge, or something by Yoko Ono?
    Doof doof?
    Shake dat ass!
    Of course,….. I know, …..it’s Abba and the Bay city Rollers or it’s switched off.

213. Dave in Marybrook says:

Margaret River booted Terry Redman from Warren Blackwood.
    Neighbouring Busselton gave a lifeline to one of the surviving Libs, Libby Mettam in Vasse.
    So yep, I’ll concede that MR is now urban red-green forever.
    But Busselona is keepin’ it represented
    Although each and every Libtard deserved the arse for running as soft left.

214. Struth says:

The brainwashed from the education system are now voting, Dave.
    We’re rooted.

215. Rex Anger says:

Many trains are now driverless.
    How long have you got before retirement?

Darling Stroppy,

Please try to learn something about an industry you wish to mock before you start trying to smart a guy on an internet forum.

Leave the wilful ignorance and crash-googling to Grigory.

Only one freight rail operator in all of Australia has automated trains. And they have the benefits of one completely homogenous fleet of locomotives and wagons, and a totally enclosed and separate network to run them on.

They have been trying to effect this automation for a decade, and still cannot get it right. In conditions perfectly favourable to it.

Remember your crying about speed limiters and autobraking earler today? The robots charge straight up to maximum power on starting and can only apply maximum braking effort. If you can imagine one of these things at 38,000t coming up to a stop signal in the same way an 8 year old might drive a toy train, that is these robots on the network. These robots hurt and nearly killed people (acting as observers and emergency backup duringnthe commissioning phase) by hurling them around in the cabs.

Furthermore, said robots are only capable of driving from mine to unloader, and back. A flesh and blood driver is still needed to shunt, provision, work the train into the yard and so forth.

It was meant to streamline train movements and improve safety by not risking drivers who had to hare off into the desert to relieve crews who ran out of time. It has still yet to achieve this, despite having more money than Australia itself..

The one passenger robot system in Australia, also has its own dedicated network being built for it. And it has to deal with people. Despite all the barricades and controls, someone will one day get run down by that robot, where a human could have cut power and applied emergency braking.

216. Rex Anger:

They were too fragile and had insufficient braking power, so were abandoned.

Oh.
    OK.
    A pity – I had visions of scores of semis linking up into monster freight convoys.

217. JC says:

Busselton

Am I right? There’s a pier there that goes for a long distance into the sea.

218. miltonf says:

Although each and every Libtard deserved the arse for running as soft left.

True- we would you bother voting at all? Maybe worthwhile in your upper house if it’s anything like NSW and Vicco.

Not the party of Sir Charles Court anymore.

219. Rex Anger says:

But they already do that now? 🤔

220. Rex Anger says:

Am I right? There’s a pier there that goes for a long distance into the sea.

correct.

221. Dave in Marybrook says:

Timber, JC. Call it a jetty.
    Longest in the southern hemisphere.
    Sheesh. Talk about a failing education system…

222. Infidel Tiger says:

Am I right? There’s a pier there that goes for a long distance into the sea.

Longest wooden jetty on earth.

Local youth light it on fire regularly.

223. bespoke says:

But they already do that now?

Did until a cop with gun or was it a kid with a stick chased them off. Legendary!!

224. JC says:

I thought a jetty was a smaller version .

Okay

225. mh says:

Q. Why doesn’t the Australian government push for everyone to have the flu vaccine in order to create ‘herd immunity’, and save hundreds of lives every year?

A. Because it will never create herd immunity.

Neither will the coronavirus vaccines.

226. Rex Anger says:

you’re doing nothing and have both hands free.

Struth, the Queensland coalfields are always looking for drivers and trainees.

The money is really very good, the qualification is good nationwide and if you can pass a Category 1 Medical and have some wits about you, you’re in.

Why not put your money where your mouth is?

And I have it on good authority the video monitors only face out…

227. JC says:

In any event Dave, I visited there about 13 odd years ago. How the fuck would I remember what the thing was from.

228. Roger:
    Your link to the story about the non epidemiologist non virologist behaviour changing expert in charge of Britains Wuhan Zombie Virus response is just a little disturbing.
    Add to this, the concept of ‘nudge’ politics and a rather creepy face is appearing…

229. Dave in Marybrook says:

The southwest axis of Buss0-Dunsborough-MR is made of strips of detatched housing, with a scattering of ever-dividing acreages in between and their godless gold-plated manses, but still surrounded by farms trying to make a buck from grass, protein and carbohydrates.
    But we are massively outnumbered- by population, indusrty and voting power- by a huge swatch of people who seem to get by on building houses for each other, mowing lawns for said houses, buying gewgaws for interiors of said houses, and upgrading cars to commute from those houses to the other houses that they work on, or to the homewares shops which they frequent to tart up those heartless glass and grey render slabs.
    FIFO money may or may not be a factor. Low interest rates and inflationary policies on real estate in this forsaken state is fuel to the fire.

230. Struth says:

Exactly why I prompted you to defend the need for train drivers.
    Although I’m sure you are safe from being attacked for not handling changes to the industry and getting with the “digital safety” new world. You won’t be accused of being a cowboy and not able to adapt to this new technology, as I have had thrown at me today.
    I wonder why!

So apply the same scenario to trucks when sneering about professional drivers leaving transport for much the same reasons.
    The technology , much the same, in trucks in large companies is not good, and it’s not safe, and leaving the job instead of working with it was the only safe and professional thing to do.
    My breed will be replaced , and have been already, by Indian hillbillies.
    Rolling over everywhere and running over cops already.
    Good times ahead.

231. Fat Tony says:

H B Bear says:
    May 4, 2021 at 6:46 pm

Probably something to do with the fact you were not wearing pants……

232. Crossie says:

Boris Johnson’s face may not be creepy, just silly. I can’t believe that guy has had such success with women with a face like that.

233. Dave in Marybrook says:

It’s not from anything,
    It’s to the sea.

234. bespoke says:

Same here Dave. Was going to move further out in a few years until circumstances changed.

235. Infidel Tiger says:

South West WA should really be supporting a population of at least 10 million.

Ample land, water and a great climate. I’m sure the locals would all agree with me.

236. JC says:

Artie

Remember when you told me about the Amex deal where you got the AFR for free with a Gold Amex?

It’s gonsky. I was notified the other day it’s done and dusted in June this year. Were you notified?

237. Infidel Tiger says:

No, haven’t heard, but I never read any of their emails to me.

238. JC says:

I was told it’s done. Good while it lasted.

239. Struth says:

Was working down the South west of WA a couple of weeks ago.
    The weekends are insane.
    It’s the exercise yard for the WA prisoners of MCGowan and the only place to go.
    Insanely busy.
    Delivering liquid fert.

240. Rex Anger says:

Exactly why I prompted you to defend the need for train drivers.
    I wonder why!

Recording of train crews has already been a thing for a long time, particularly overseas.

If an incident occurs, the locomotive is downloaded and thebcrew’s actions taken into account during the investigation.

They don’t like it much either, but guys try to do the right thing, and we know it is not randomly monitored. Our managers are not c***s.

You are still trying to get the last word in and make a point at my expense. And you still know nothing about my industry.

And I still think you are full of shit because of your incessant complaints about the way you preferred to do things is not the way it is enforced now.

Go be an owner-driver again. Show them all the way…