Something Good

“I want those children in the festival. Elsa, this is important to Austria.”

“Wouldn’t do you any harm either.”

“I thought of that.”

Uncle Max and the Baroness

This entry was posted in Economics and economy. Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Something Good

1. Mother Lode says:

Sir Richard,

Do you think Australians want the borders closed and to be unable to travel?

If people are not getting the vaccine then their fears (regardless of validity) are stronger than their craving for open borders and therefore telling them to get vaccinated to enable the re-opening the borders is getting it exactly wrong.

2. Miltonf says:

Get fucked

3. Simple Simon says:

“Vaccine” or “travel” is a false dichotomy.
    The restrictions on travel are purely a matter of government diktat.

What we are witnessing is nothing more than attempted coercion and intimidation (“you will only be ‘allowed’ to travel if you let me stab you with this syringe”). Such attempted coercion is definitely unethical and most likely unlawful.

It is important not to lose sight of what is in front of our noses: attempted coercion and intimidation.

Additionally, neither government nor business sets your priorities (which I assume to include good health over the long term) before theirs (greater power and control for the former, greater revenue generation for the latter).

Their loss function is not yours.

4. duncanm says:

Do we get our bailout cash back ?

5. Lee says:

I suggest Branson get jabbed with every Covid vaccine.
    Repeatedly.

6. Paul says:

So what happens when your vaccine wears off, or a new communist virus variant pops up and the vaccines don’t work?

7. John Bayley says:

15,000 people dead so far and over $1M of adverse reactions, according to VAERS and the corresponding EU database.

Long-term effects utterly unknown.

You go first, Richard; no doubt all of these are just pure co-incidence.

8. Up The Workers! says:

Looks like the poor airlines are copping it both coming and going from the mad dictates of the Leftard loons.

If people don’t get the so-called “vaccinations”, then they are banned from travelling and the airlines go broke.

If people do get the so-called “vaccinations”, then they are likely to die from blood clots; therefore can’t travel, and the airlines go broke.

Maybe the airlines could turn a Yuan or two by offering Australian excursion-airfares to Australian Labor-Leprosy cadavers for burial in Wuhan, China, where all the fun and Bat Soup games began in the first place.

9. jupes says:

Virgin’s Richard Branson urges Australians to get vaccine so borders can reopen.

Yet as it stands, everyone (except elites of course) has to quarantine for two weeks apon entry to Australia.

10. Up The Workers! says:

Tricky Dicky (Fully Gone Woke) Branson wants all Australians “vaccinated” because he is about to start his ‘Virgin Galactic’ flights soon and he doesn’t want all his possible future customer “little Green Men” on Mars or Venus or wherever, infected.

I wish he’d return Adam Ant, Sarah Halfwit-Bung, Bob Brown and his looney crew of performing wierdo’s back to their planet-of-origin on his first flight.

11. Jock says:

Ok. This is off key. But I always thought the Baroness was the hot one. I always thought Andrews was a bit like Doris Day: a perpetual virgin. Oops. Am I allowed to make such comments these days?

12. Lee says:

Ok. This is off key. But I always thought the Baroness was the hot one.

One of my DVDs has this short from 1942 as an extra on it:

She (a young Eleanor Parker) is in it, and she is jaw-dropping gorgeous.

13. Roger says:

Hang on…if our borders aren’t open how did all those Hollywood stars get in?

14. C.L. says:

But I always thought the Baroness was the hot one.

Well, I don’t think that contest revolved around hotness exactly, Jock, but yes, I always thought the Baroness was majorly hot.

15. C.L. says:

How did Sheffield and Manchester (etc) flood the world with their goods in the nineteenth century without any of the tens of thousands of manufacturers flying abroad?

Come to that, are not our products now being exported? Wasn’t the budget deficit in fact improved massively by recent sales?

Are we not importing gear as usual?

“Opening up the economy” seems to be code for bourgeois Aussie tourism.

16. calli says:

Shorter Branson:

No Jab – No Play

17. Chris M says:

Why would it matter to airlines if people are vaccinated or not? Makes no difference to transmission, in addition to being a greater risk of dying or other severe adverse reaction in-flight if jabbed in the past few weeks. It’s a liability for the airlines.

The only relevant check would be a pre-boarding rapid covid test.

18. L.B.Loveday says:

John Bayley says: “Long-term effects utterly unknown”.
    I remember a mate with bits missing due to his mother taking Thalidomide before adequate long-term testing & none of these “vaccines” have been tested for anything resembling long-term.

19. Tim Neilson says:

“Opening up the economy” seems to be code for bourgeois Aussie tourism.

Actually I thought it was code for resuming the population Ponzi scheme.

20. cuckoo says:

Agreed. Eleanor Parker seemed to specialize in playing the hot bad girl who eventually loses out to the nice girl, see Scaramouche.

21. cuckoo says:

Screenwriter Ernest Lehman gave Max some great lines: I like rich people. I like the way they live. I like the way I live when I’m with them.

22. Shane says:

And no one ever mentions how easy & cheap it is to buy Ivermectin here in Australia. [According to Joanna Nova, at least the individual people & some of the state governments of India seem to have finally worked out what’s going on] ….I think I should get some ivermectin this morning as Daniel Andrews’ return to work approaches, especially since someone just sneezed in the outer northern suburbs of Melbourne.
    I am reluctant to say more in case our ruling elite, somehow work out just how readily available Ivermectin is. We can all recall the great toilet paper shortage once the word got out last year.

For those wondering about all of those censored youtube videos of the magnetic attraction to the site of some of the moderna & pfiser vaxs & Prof Luc Montagnier’s comment, Jim Stone has a working hypothesis citing a 2019 paper in Science News clarifying whats now possible
    ”..If scientists could give living cells magnetic properties, they could perhaps manipulate cellular activities with external magnetic fields. But previous attempts to magnetize cells by producing iron-containing proteins inside them have resulted in only weak magnetic forces. Now, researchers reporting in ACS’ Nano Letters have engineered genetically encoded protein crystals that can generate magnetic forces many times stronger than those already reported…”

23. Shane:

I think it’s about time the world got its act together and made a moon base solely for the idiots who want to play with the biostuff.
    That way they only decimate their own people.

24. Fair Shake says: